Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hard-Boiled Eggs

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about hard boiled eggs

They're festive, fun, and impossible to ignore

What is your favorite hard-boiled egg memory?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 25, 2022 10:49 PM

They smell bad

by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2022 6:05 AM

My lazy sister buying a dozen pre boiled eggs from Costco.

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2022 6:08 AM

They leave them out for the surgeons at the hospital where I worked = they eat them up between cases.

by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2022 6:12 AM

r3 it's more fun with psych-techs after a few months they go crazy, so not uncommon to hear them hopping down the halls, singing here comes peter cottontail and passing out eggs to the psychiatrists as they hop by.

by Anonymousreply 4March 7, 2022 6:20 AM

Egg-salad sandwich with pickle on side.

by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2022 6:28 AM

My grandma's kitchen had something similar to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2022 6:30 AM

They make me think of the Egg Pod.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2022 6:33 AM

[quote]How do you know if you have worms? Hard boil a dozen eggs and buy eleven lemon cookies. Each day shove a hard boiled egg up your ass, wait a few minutes and shove a lemon cookie up your butt. On the twelfth day shove the last egg up your ass and when the worm comes out and says "Hey where's my lemon cookie" hit it on the head with a hammer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2022 6:44 AM

Helping my friends when I was kid, dying eggs all colours (but mostly red) for Greek Easter.

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2022 6:57 AM

Making, and having pickled eggs and beets at Easter. Now, I make and keep them on hand throughout the year.

I hardboil, and peel three dozen eggs, and add them to a gallon glass jar, with thinly sliced yellow or sweet onions (though I have used red). Then in a pot, I combine four cans of beets w/the juice, equal parts cider vinegar and white granulated sugar (typically two cups each), peppercorns, cloves, and three Bay leaves. I bring that to a very low simmer for five or six minutes, dissolving the sugar. Still hot (but not hot enough to break the jar), it gets poured into the jar, over the eggs. Then I close the jar, and allow it to cool to room temperature before refrigerating it for two or even three weeks (I like mine fully pickled...not anemic, and flavorless). At the end of that time, they're ready.

Sometimes, I make Deviled Eggs from pickled eggs, and they're wonderful. They never last long.

Pickled Eggs can be done a million different ways, and most of them are enjoyable. I have done a spicy version of the above recipe, by adding habañeros. The sweet heat is excellent. But what I can't stand to see, is the addition of water to this particular brine. I want intense flavor, and can't get it to that level, if water is added. In this dish, it defeats the purpose. So when I see people do that, they (and their recipe) lose credibility.

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2022 12:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2022 12:22 PM

Are you related to Edith Massey?

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2022 12:27 PM

No, but I've spent many a sleepless night worrying there will be no hard boileds for snacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2022 12:33 PM

Does SBUX still sell hard boiled eggs? When I've seen them for sale in the refrigerator case they look so gross and unappealing. I've never bought HB eggs from a store, I assume they'll be rubbery and tasteless. I've only eaten the ones I make at home.

I'm low-carb (not exactly keto but close) so I eat about a dozen HB eggs per month. Not bad for lunch with a bit of hot sauce or salsa.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2022 12:34 PM

The smelly FARTS (pee-you!!!) that come after eating them!

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2022 12:35 PM

Try a lunch of hard boiled eggs, beer and sauerkraut. Mmm mmm good!

by Anonymousreply 16March 7, 2022 12:42 PM

Like deviled eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, tiny amount of onion, little pickle juice, paprika and parsley.

That's a lot of work.

by Anonymousreply 17March 7, 2022 12:42 PM

Dyeing hard boiled eggs with Paas dye and vinegar for Easter baskets. Then having to eat egg salad sandwiches for about a week. We didn't have/know about the wax pencils you could use to make fancy dyed eggs.

by Anonymousreply 18March 7, 2022 1:24 PM

Another frau bitch thread

by Anonymousreply 19March 7, 2022 1:40 PM

Ven I shooot it out my poooosie!

by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2022 2:31 PM

In 1974 I cracked a hard boiled Easter egg with my sphincter and bled for 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2022 2:39 PM

I like ping pong balls, but eggs will do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2022 2:42 PM

I brought my dog into work with me about 10 years ago. Bodybuilder type coworker left a half dozen hard boiled eggs on his desk. My dog ate them all. He proceeded to have violent diarrhea all over the office. The smell was so bad that we had to evacuate the office. There were literally 10-12 people standing outside of the building, like there was a fire. It smelled like absolute death. I had to clean it up the best that I could, and we all ended up leaving for the day. The janitor made it much better, but it still smelled the rest of the week. We burned incense, used multiple air fresheners etc.

by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2022 2:52 PM

Deviled-eggs are a funeral reception standard

by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2022 4:16 PM

R19 and here you are

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2022 4:16 PM

[QUOTE] Lately, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about hard boiled eggs

No job, OP ?

by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2022 4:17 PM

Easter as well. My mom was into art and we didn't go all-out. But there was a decent number of eggs for us to dip / dye. Masking tape, scissors, etc. Easter was a fun holiday back then.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2022 4:20 PM

R23 - It is recounting of experiences like this that renew my faith in DL. I’ve lurked on DL for nearly 25 years, and it seems to get less and less interesting. Then something like your story pops up and brightens my day.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2022 4:23 PM

My favorite hard boiled egg memory is when Melania T inserted a few brightly colored Easter eggs up her vagine thingy while yelling "Fuck Easter Decorations" at the orange troll at which point he inserted his red spotted mushroom thingy only to be met with egg shell shards.

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2022 4:39 PM

^ thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2022 4:45 PM

R6 I have one of those.

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2022 4:55 PM

[quote]Lately, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about hard boiled eggs

2022 has been a bitch, hasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2022 4:57 PM

All the times I've seen Pink Flamingos over the years, I don't think I had ever noticed that both Edie and Mr. Eggman pronounce "hard boiled" as "hard bold." Love those white trash Maryland accents.

by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2022 5:05 PM

Nasty things those hard boiled eggs.

by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2022 5:06 PM

The morning I first interviewed for Mr. Grant.

by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2022 5:09 PM

Triggering smells in the workplace are bacon, Doritos, microwave popcorn, Parmesan cheese and hard-boiled eggs

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2022 5:47 PM

R21, did you ask the egg if it was OK afterwards? It's really inconsiderate to the chicken that laid it, you know. You need to think more before you do things like that, m'kay?

by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2022 6:22 PM

Thinking about eggs before Easter? Groundbreaking!

by Anonymousreply 38March 7, 2022 6:24 PM

Runny or soft centers?

I prefer my eggs poached with solid but not dry yolks.

by Anonymousreply 39March 7, 2022 6:25 PM

If you submerge an unpeeled hard-boiled egg in vinegar overnight it turns rubbery. I have no idea what's the point of doing this.

by Anonymousreply 40March 7, 2022 6:38 PM

I just had two medium ( yolks are like me paste) boiled 🥚s.

I only buy Vital eggs- the chickens 🐔 are humanely treated and they’re allowed to graze on clover 🍀 and other plants 🌱. The eggs are very tasty too.

by Anonymousreply 41March 7, 2022 6:41 PM

Boil up half a dozen and eat one if I get peckish. Cheap. Loaded with protein and vitamins. Keto friendly but watch your gall bladder. Don't have to worry about the sulfur farts as I live alone.

by Anonymousreply 42March 7, 2022 6:43 PM

My aunt has a farm with chickens. She brings mr a dozen of fresh eggs every week. I love hard boiled eggs. Great snack at 90 calories and very nutritious.

by Anonymousreply 43March 7, 2022 6:46 PM

I don't have to watch my gall bladder, it was removed 20 years ago. Gallstones. So painful.

by Anonymousreply 44March 7, 2022 6:47 PM

This cooking technique works EVERY SINGLE TIME. Sometimes I can even get the shell off in two pieces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 7, 2022 6:49 PM

Surprising there hasn't been a hard-boiled egg themed chain restaurant

by Anonymousreply 46March 7, 2022 6:50 PM

[quote]impossible to ignore

If you smelled like that...

by Anonymousreply 47March 7, 2022 6:54 PM

That time I hid a hard-boiled egg in Janeane Garofalo's wig.

by Anonymousreply 48March 7, 2022 7:00 PM

This -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 7, 2022 7:07 PM

Can you imagine Lea Michele ate hard boiled eggs amd beer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 7, 2022 7:12 PM

r8 Your post sorta' reminds me of a rather over-the-top cure for crabs: Shave one side of your crotch, set fire to the other side, when the crabs run away from the flames and heat, stab them with an icepick. Yikes!

I don't care for HBE or deviled eggs at all, it's a texture thing, nothing to do with their taste. I do like to prepare deviled eggs though, I used to make them with HBE I purchased at Trader Joe's. My husband loved those things. Mix and mash the yolks with: mayo, touch of sour cream, mustard, paprika, pickle or caper juice, Tabasco sauce, S&P.

If you have to prepare them for a get-together, cut a tiny slice off the bottom of each white(it will help stabilize them on the platter) Add the sliver to your yolk mixture, or place it in the bottom of the white prior to filling.

This topic brings to mind that Barbra Streisand film, you know the one. 😉

by Anonymousreply 51March 7, 2022 7:13 PM

Back on college I had a federal work-study Jon on campus as the “reader” for a blind English professor. I was local so I was entrusted with driving him to appointments and such. The “such” included helping him with his home cooking.

I won’t go into it all but it included a smoothie which he called “Kickapoo Joy Juice” that was remarkable. The other mainstays were pickled eggs and pickled hot dogs. He could see, of course, so the eggs were mixed with beets which yielded a shockingly pink egg. The vinegar helped preserve them for weeks so he only had to cook once or twice a month.

He said the Kickapoo Joy Juice, a mixture of grains, vegetables, juices, and flavorings was best, as he liked to say, a “bit burn-ey”, which meant fermented a bit.

by Anonymousreply 52March 7, 2022 7:40 PM

Thanksgiving 1980. We were having dinner at the home of the friend of my mom's who was Martha Stewart before Martha was a thing, altho this supermom was the first person who had a copy of Living. She was perfect in every way and could make you feel perfectly inadequate. All the kids did the traditional post feast dining room floor lie down and what did I spy under their perfect Ethan Allen hutch? An old hard boiled Easter egg from 6 months before! The woman who smilingly looked down on my own mom for not making her own peanutbutter or vacuuming her car with every fill up was mortified. All of us kids took it outside and while stinky, not nearly as bad as you'd think. Their dog wanted to roll in it, not eat it tho

by Anonymousreply 53March 7, 2022 7:40 PM

A pinch of hard-boiled egg in your morning coffee or liberally sprinkled over a hot fudge sundae is always a welcome addition at the kitchen table

by Anonymousreply 54March 7, 2022 7:40 PM

Instant Pot is the key to the best hard boiled eggs. They peel like a dream

by Anonymousreply 55March 7, 2022 7:41 PM

Once I learned you can make them in a coffee cup in the microwave - it was stove-top begone!

by Anonymousreply 56March 7, 2022 7:43 PM

I get the bad gas when I eat one. Sulfer fart city!

by Anonymousreply 57March 7, 2022 8:17 PM

Cobb salads are NOTHING without hard boiled eggs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 7, 2022 9:47 PM

OP triggered someone.

[quote] At what point did Dl fundamentally change??

[quote] It has gone from a haven of witty gay men with interesting stories and questions to a few jackasses who have delusions that they’re content creators. Is DL encouraging this, or are they “employing” said content creators.

[quote] The asshole that sent me over the edge was the idiot who started a thread about hard boiled eggs. What the fuck is wrong with you?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 7, 2022 11:00 PM

HRD BLD EGGS 4 LYFE

by Anonymousreply 60March 7, 2022 11:11 PM

DataLounge version of Warholian Fame R59

by Anonymousreply 61March 7, 2022 11:12 PM

Is everyone having a hard boiled eggy evening?

by Anonymousreply 62March 8, 2022 2:07 AM

One time my donkey friend eat ping pong ball. He was very bad donkey! But I finded egg and made show with egg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 8, 2022 2:08 AM

I can't believe no one has said "jammy" yet.

I love jammy yolks! I might die on this hill and it will be WORTH IT.

by Anonymousreply 64March 8, 2022 2:09 AM

I want a late evening snack and am about to poach an egg in the microwave.

by Anonymousreply 65March 8, 2022 2:15 AM

DataLounge Hard-Boiled Egg Social in Pasadena this Sunday morning at the Van Halen house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 8, 2022 2:17 AM

[quote]Once I learned you can make them in a coffee cup in the microwave - it was stove-top begone!

I assume you're referring to poached eggs and not hard-boiled eggs.

by Anonymousreply 67March 8, 2022 2:30 AM

This is one of the weirdest threads, even for DL standards.

by Anonymousreply 68March 8, 2022 2:31 AM

R67 poached eggs become hard-boiled eggs when cooked longer

by Anonymousreply 69March 8, 2022 2:32 AM

Six of 'em a day keeps cellulite away!

by Anonymousreply 70March 8, 2022 2:33 AM

Hard boiled eggs remain in the shell through the cooking process. Poached eggs aren't. You can do either in a microwave but poached eggs are trickier in a microwave.

by Anonymousreply 71March 8, 2022 2:35 AM

The trick to hard-boiled eggs in the microwave is breaking an egg into a coffee mug filled two-thirds with water

Microwave for 1-2-3 minutes checking on it, moving it around after short spans of time. Microwaves vary in power

Key is to cover it with paper towel and to make sure not to leave it in too long

by Anonymousreply 72March 8, 2022 2:36 AM

I’ve never heard of an egg being ‘impossible to ignore’. You must be a blast at parties, OP.

by Anonymousreply 73March 8, 2022 2:39 AM

R73 who goes to parties?

by Anonymousreply 74March 8, 2022 2:41 AM

If you break the shell and dump the contents into a container, it's no longer what is traditionally considered a hard boiled egg.

by Anonymousreply 75March 8, 2022 2:46 AM

When I was a kid we wasn't allowed to eat no steak, so we had taters smothered in bacon grease and devilled eggs and turkey meatballs.

by Anonymousreply 76March 8, 2022 2:48 AM

R64, yolks must always be jammy if eating a boiled egg by itself (or with buttery toast soldiers). Piping hot and served in an egg cup.

For egg salad or cold sliced eggs, the toils must be as hard and firm as a Superball.

by Anonymousreply 77March 8, 2022 2:58 AM

That sounds delicious, r76.

I had no success poaching eggs in a microwave until I decided to half the power but double the cooking time. Cooking them quickly led to whites that were stringy and unappetizing.

Also, covering the container.with a wet but partially fold back paper towel saved a lot of clean up if the yolk decided to explode from the steam. You can help prevent that by puncturing the yolk with a fork first.

And also, importantly, as someone mentioned above, microwaves vary tremendously in power and you just have to experiment to find out what works best in your unit.

by Anonymousreply 78March 8, 2022 3:04 AM

Good Lord, this shit is boring!

by Anonymousreply 79March 8, 2022 3:49 AM

They smell like sulphur. I eat them alone in shame.

by Anonymousreply 80March 8, 2022 3:50 AM

I like to freeze them and insert them in my ass. It provides a nice treat for my partner at bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 81March 8, 2022 3:53 AM

R76, we ain’t been allowed any steak when I was a youngun eether. My Ma wasn’t much of a cook. I hadda steal eggs from yonder Mr Wally’s farm. I darn near got cot a few times. Boy were they good eatin.

by Anonymousreply 82March 8, 2022 3:59 AM

R72 that sounds like a poached egg and I'll try it but a boiled egg is in the shell.

I love all the egg heads.

by Anonymousreply 83March 8, 2022 4:01 AM

Lesbians love to stick several hard boiled eggs in their snatch before being eaten out. Gives their lovers a nice nutricious snack.

by Anonymousreply 84March 8, 2022 4:03 AM

Well, r84, men can basically do that too....

by Anonymousreply 85March 8, 2022 4:14 AM

But the flavor might be somewhat different, r85.

by Anonymousreply 86March 8, 2022 4:15 AM

I could live without them. I only like deviled eggs

by Anonymousreply 87March 8, 2022 4:15 AM

Seminal iconic thread

by Anonymousreply 88March 8, 2022 4:17 AM

Is there any opposition to renaming The DataLounge to The HardBoiledEggLounge?

by Anonymousreply 89March 8, 2022 4:22 AM

[quote]The trick to hard-boiled eggs in the microwave is breaking an egg into a coffee mug filled two-thirds with water

I am shocked and amazed at the number of people in this thread who don't know the difference between a poached egg and a hard-boiled egg. Both are cooked in boiling water, but only the latter is cooked inside its shell.

by Anonymousreply 90March 8, 2022 5:36 AM

Some New Englanders refer to poached eggs as "dropped eggs." I remember being asked whether I would like a dropped egg on toast.

by Anonymousreply 91March 8, 2022 6:25 AM

Just Egg. No battery egg farm abuse, in fact no 🐥🐣 involved at all. Not hard boilable, but definitely delicious.

by Anonymousreply 92March 8, 2022 7:23 AM

Hard Boiled Eggs = PURE SEX

by Anonymousreply 93March 8, 2022 3:25 PM

R53 ooooo that was a great post. Thanks ! P.S. martha sucks eggs !

by Anonymousreply 94March 8, 2022 3:33 PM

Hard-Boiled Beatles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 9, 2022 12:00 AM

Poaching an egg in a mug in the microwave generally takes only a minute. Put a half-cup of water in a mug, break the egg into it, poke the yolk with a toothpick (to prevent explosions) and microwave it on high for 30 seconds before checking on it. If it needs more cooking, do it in 15-second increments. Don't cook it for longer than 30 seconds at a time to avoid having the egg explode and create a mess. You can also put a saucer or plastic wrap over the mug to minimize the mess if it does explode.

Some people think adding a half-teaspoon of vinegar to the water improves the result. Others say it's not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 96March 9, 2022 1:41 AM

The Incredible Edible Egg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 9, 2022 3:23 AM

I have never been able to hard boil an egg...where when I peel the shell, half the white comes off. Life is tough...*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 98March 9, 2022 3:52 AM

When I was a. Hold I loved soft boiled eggs with toast.

by Anonymousreply 99March 9, 2022 4:09 AM

R98, steam them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 9, 2022 4:56 AM

Will try...thanks E100.. :)

by Anonymousreply 101March 9, 2022 5:20 AM

R100...that is...^^

by Anonymousreply 102March 9, 2022 5:21 AM

[quote]I have never been able to hard boil an egg...where when I peel the shell, half the white comes off. Life is tough...*sigh*

Try adding some salt to the water.

by Anonymousreply 103March 9, 2022 5:24 AM

You would think hard boiling eggs are the easiest to cook...very basic, but it's not..lol Good tips.

by Anonymousreply 104March 9, 2022 5:27 AM

Not hard-boiled but hard-boiled adjacent. Mom used to make us soft-boiled eggs for breakfast. For some reason, she served it with the crusts of day old bread which was dipped in the yolk. I liked it as a child but not so much as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 105March 9, 2022 12:14 PM

How weird. I almost never eat eggs but made hard boiled eggs today!

When I do, I usually do the bring-to-boil and then cover for 15 minutes with the fire off recipe.

Today I did the boil for 7 minutes on med heat in a covered pot method.

by Anonymousreply 106March 9, 2022 12:17 PM

[quote] I have never been able to hard boil an egg...where when I peel the shell, half the white comes off. Life is tough...*sigh*

The key to that dilemma is to stick the eggs into ice cold water immediately after they've been in boiling water. That apparently retracts the white from the shell.

by Anonymousreply 107March 9, 2022 12:18 PM

Apparently the CDC recommends not eating soft boiled yolks as they can contain salmonella

by Anonymousreply 108March 9, 2022 12:19 PM

You can make egg salad with hard-boiled or soft-boiled eggs

by Anonymousreply 109March 9, 2022 6:56 PM

Inspired by this thread, I made poached eggs this morning, but not in the microwave. The old-fashioned way, in shallow boiling water on top of the stove. The yolks were very runny, so I suppose I put myself at salmonella risk.

by Anonymousreply 110March 9, 2022 9:42 PM

If you're not sure how to accessorize with a particular outfit, the clean lines of a simple hard-boiled egg will often pull the whole look together

by Anonymousreply 111March 10, 2022 4:58 AM

[quote]If you're not sure how to accessorize with a particular outfit, the clean lines of a simple hard-boiled egg will often pull the whole look together.

Definitely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 10, 2022 6:46 AM

I feel I'm living my best life when I'm among hard-boiled eggs

by Anonymousreply 113March 11, 2022 1:41 AM

For Easter event at White House I shoot many eggs out my poooosie and anus..!!!

Poor childs so delighted!!

by Anonymousreply 114March 11, 2022 1:45 AM

Hard boiled egg season is approaching!

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2022 2:10 AM

Use farm fresh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2022 2:27 AM

Why does anyone boil eggs them selves ? It’s hard to get right without those green rings around the yolk. They come perfectly boiled and peeled in those egg Lands best resealable bags. One of those things it’s worth more to buy then save some change to do it yourself

by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2022 3:28 AM

Hard boiled eggs were a staple of 1960s picnics.

Along with a plaid thermos of tea or coffee and apples and fruit cake.

by Anonymousreply 118March 20, 2022 3:33 AM

R73 you haven't lived until you've encountered an impossible-to-ignore hard boiled egg

by Anonymousreply 119March 20, 2022 3:35 AM

Nothing like devouring a rank lightly salted hard-boiled egg whole before bed

by Anonymousreply 120March 29, 2022 5:45 AM

[quote] hey come perfectly boiled and peeled in those egg Lands best resealable bags. One of those things it’s worth more to buy then save some change to do it yourself

You're sad

by Anonymousreply 121March 29, 2022 1:36 PM

Does DataLounge have a signature hard-boiled egg?

by Anonymousreply 122May 31, 2022 4:58 AM

My favourite memory is getting hot hard boiled eggs for breakfast along with toast at my boarding school. Peeling the shell off, cutting the egg up on the toast, putting salt and pepper on, and it was pretty delicious.

by Anonymousreply 123May 31, 2022 5:01 AM

[quote] Try a lunch of hard boiled eggs, beer and sauerkraut. Mmm mmm good!

Stop, my mouth is watering!

Is the beer Schlitz by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 124May 31, 2022 5:06 AM

Hard-boiled eggs are on the same craving spectrum as sweet gherkins

by Anonymousreply 125May 31, 2022 5:08 AM

[quote]When I was a kid we wasn't allowed to eat no steak, so we had taters smothered in bacon grease and devilled eggs and turkey meatballs.

I wasn't running a fuckin' bed & breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 126May 31, 2022 5:09 AM

[quote]We didn't have/know about the wax pencils you could use to make fancy dyed eggs.

Why the fuck not, you cunt?

by Anonymousreply 127May 31, 2022 5:13 AM

R126 she was running a bed and breakfast for guests that stayed for eighteen years

by Anonymousreply 128May 31, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote] "Favorite Hard-Boiled Egg Moment"

What a very "Rose Nylund" thread subject.

I guess my fondest hard-boiled egg memories are of making and consuming pickeled eggs, beets, & onions. I have a batch in the fridge right now. I love them, and the dish is deeply connected to my family history.

by Anonymousreply 129May 31, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote]When I was a kid we wasn't allowed to eat no steak, so we had taters smothered in bacon grease and devilled eggs and turkey meatballs.

I'm sure both you and Jethrine enjoyed it very much.

by Anonymousreply 130May 31, 2022 5:48 AM

Well, fuck me. I'd already commented. Pardon me.

by Anonymousreply 131May 31, 2022 5:50 AM

Someone starting a response thread out of anger is an online troll's dream R59

by Anonymousreply 132May 31, 2022 6:14 PM

Do they stink?

by Anonymousreply 133June 25, 2022 8:06 PM

r36 you forgot fish. Please do not eat hard boiled eggs at work.

r23 it served your bodybuilding coworker right for bringing that many hardboiled eggs to stink up the office in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 134June 25, 2022 8:16 PM

The ONE time in my 50+ years that I took a bite of a deviled egg, chewed, swallowed, and vomited immediately. I don't know how people eat them.

by Anonymousreply 135June 25, 2022 8:20 PM

I was in an airport lounge this week and they were serving hard boiled eggs rolled in rye seeds. It was EGGcellent! Now I'm trying to find someplace that sells rye seeds to try it at home

by Anonymousreply 136June 25, 2022 10:10 PM

r136 that sounds like a recipe for extremely gassy airline passengers, are they trying to kill people?

by Anonymousreply 137June 25, 2022 10:25 PM

I have a very dull recipe for Scotch-Like Eggs but do shoot them out like in the scene in "Priscilla."

I am nothing if not derivative.

by Anonymousreply 138June 25, 2022 10:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!