Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race Season 14, Part 2

Continued from Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589April 17, 2022 3:38 PM

So, how long before we see an all-T season?

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2022 1:06 PM

Jasmine didn't send Maddy home. Maddy sent herself home.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2022 1:08 PM

Poor Maddy.

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2022 1:09 PM

Was Jasmine's "I'm trans!!" moment a leftover scene from Daytona Winds?

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2022 2:05 PM

Jasmine needs to work on that fake crying. No tears. Not a one. And the lip quivering when TS Madison was talking....Come on. Then Deja Hoho just asked. "Hey is anyone thinking about transitioning?" as if It's a natural step. Most Trans people are not drag performers.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2022 4:30 PM

Remember when we had to fight stereotypes tooth and nail that being gay meant you wanted to “be a woman?”

It’s so regressive and sad to see all these femme gay boys hate and dislike themselves so much that the only way they feel they can have happiness is through eternally becoming their drag character.

It’s a dopamine addiction we feed through this idea of being trans.

But I digress…

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2022 9:50 PM

Poor Maddy? R3

Did I miss something

by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2022 12:27 AM

A missed chance to get rid of Deja Skye. But it was worth it for a top two LSFY Win moment. Don't think they've ever done that in a regular season? It wasn't a last minute producer decision. This episode was PRODUCED. So many queens who aren't good at makeup and runways always benefit in the acting and musical challenges - where they are costumed and made up by others. And it shows.

This episode of Drag Race was.....perfect. Silly and surprising and pretty much greatly performed by everyone. The fart twist was hilarious and I hate fart humor. It was funny and the sound effects were varied and edited in surprising ways. EMMY.

The queens were funny to start with, but to watch their reactions when seeing the surprise edit was extra fun. Those sound effects helped the bottom two along. Angeria and Deja. Willow Pill is special and sweet and has great drag - but that boy is too fragile to win. And just a bit too cute for my vote.

Jorgeous is perfection. Not one cosmetic change to his face. He's a cute boy with great hair, real brows and a normal nice nose and big smile and TINY body as a man - and it all works with his padding and paint and wiggery to make him a gorgeous sexy believable illusionist. But his energy is DRAG. So he's not a trans or confused one. He's built for this gig. Sexy.

I WILL argue that Jasmine should have been with Lady Camden in the top two - but the right lady won the LSFYL.

Jasmine is hilarious and like Alyssa Edwards - a very versatile looking if not too inventive but ALWAYS drag queen. He's self centred and a bit deluded as a guy but a total charm monster in drag. With a distorted sense of what he is giving. And this somehow works much more in his favor.

Lady Camden has that ballet body and booty. He feels homely as a guy and pulls too many faces - but is so much fun and just a bit naughty in drag. I want to fuck him.

He's my chicken dinner. Winner winner.

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2022 12:50 AM

I am surprised Deja is still there r8. She had made zero impression. And even though I like her narration Kerri has not been good at any challenges and should probably be gone.

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2022 3:36 AM

Jasmine was funny in the challenge but her runway was B A D bad.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2022 3:51 AM

I gasped at Lady Camden's fall. I thought he'd broken a knee. Or two. What a shocking fun reveal

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2022 4:04 AM

I agree so much with r6 and probably beyond. This "trans" for attention bullshit has gone beyond the pale. I am living for the day when gotnomikoranytalentbutmyadoptiveparentsfeelguiltysothegivemewhatIwant finally gets her tits sewn back in.

I was SO happy about Lady Camden. She has been a jewel in the SF Bay Area for ages. Fabulous reveal.

I wonder how Willow Pill, who is an excellent queen, feels about the cute name? Is that infantilizng? Or is she happy for it and are the other queens be jealous that she got a pet name?

Pisses me off in that previous episode when Willow's hands weren't working well that no one stepped up to help her. Yet a lifetime best friendship was born when Bianca offered Adore a spare corset. To this day they are inseparable and it is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2022 4:32 AM

R11 I can't be sure because I wasn't there and I only saw the TV edits, but I suspect the fall wasn't convincing as a real fall in person. The reactions of the panel were a bit over the top and didn't look authentic. If she had really fallen hard, I think onlookers would have looked around for help, called out 'are you OK?' and broken the fourth wall to get the crew in there. Crew people would have rushed over from off camera. There's a pretty noticeable difference between seeing someone trip and fall and someone who falls carefully and safely unless the person is very skilled.

All that said, it was a good stunt to shake up the boring runway walks and we will probably see someone do it every season from now on, like when Monét X Change did her fakeout 'almost splits,' which was so good the first time and now is a semi-regular gag.

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2022 10:09 AM

That was one of the best pratfalls I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2022 11:10 AM

They walk the runway twice. Once with the music and then they film it a second time with the judge’s jokes (fed to Ru through a wire) and no music. The over the top judge reactions may well have been from the second runway walk or even a combo of the two in the final edit.

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2022 11:18 AM

Jasmine's trans revelation was so damn fake.

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2022 11:21 AM

As Bosco pointed out, there are now 5 straight people on this season.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2022 11:33 AM

Bosco's Trans too, yes?

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2022 11:35 AM

I'm floored that gay men have long embraced men in women's clothing and makeup, and yet are shocked and appalled anytime a man who wears women's clothing and makeup says "I feel like a woman inside and I want the world to see me as a woman."

Like, hello. Hello. Hello!

Yes, there's a difference between drag as comical female impersonation and transgenderism, but Drag Race always has featured both 'comedy queens' and 'pageant queens,' and comedy queens are clowns and pageant queens often are transgender. Why is this such a surprise and so offensive to people? It seems like a very matter-of-fact reality to me.

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2022 11:41 AM

I don’t find it appalling; I find it pitiable.

This just came up in the UK v. World Series with very cute Blu Hydrangea. He straight (ha) up says he doesn’t like himself and feels better as Blu so wondered if he was trans.

Common theme with these talented, yet femme, boys. They get way more attention as Fifi than Frankie or whatever and are sucked into trans. Which involves hormones and surgeries (even if cosmetic).

Didn’t see them talk to Maddie about his DE-transition on this show, did we? Hmm.

So yeah. I just find it regressive and sad.

by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2022 2:08 PM

r19 I'm not shocked but dressing as a woman is not drag. Drag is a theatrical exaggeration of what a female is. People assume trans is a natural progression of drag.

by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2022 2:22 PM

R20 I can imagine being in Blu's situation.

All my life, I have felt gay. Before puberty, I didn't know what was different but I knew I looked like a boy and had more interests that were like a girl's. Then my sexual awakening came and I realized, ohhh I'm this TYPE of different.

I have always had transient little moments, feelings similar to déja vu, in which I felt extremely feminine and it called to mind various girls or women I knew and I just sort of imagined myself to be like them. Just little fleeting moments.

I never wanted to look like a woman, but I did want to be pretty and appreciated for my beauty. But although I was cute when I was young, I'm also pockmarked and I have prominent masculine features and I would never consider doing drag because I would be an incredibly homely woman, even by drag queen standards.

I have wondered what would have happened if I had better skin and different features and did drag for fun. Would it activate a feeling of 'am I transgender'? I think it probably would.

At the same time, I would never consider taking hormones that are foreign to my body chemistry, I would never have my genitals chopped off, and I know that I feel more (gay) male than I do female in spirit.

If I were growing up today, I think I might adopt the "two-spirit" label instead of the gay one. I present as male. I feel like I am emotionally more like a woman and psychologically more like a man and intellectually an even split between the two.

Being 43 years old, I find all the new labels overwhelming and I find all the word policing tedious and unnecessarily confrontational. But I think I get it. People take the options they know exist, and when I grew up, it was straight, bi or gay, and I was not straight or bi and everyone told me I was gay by demanding to know if I was gay and by calling me "fag."

Gay works for me as a label based on my lifelong connotations of gayness *but* given that I have so little in common with the vast majority of gay men, I think when I call myself gay, my meaning is more "two-spirit" than it is "horny, accomplished gymgoer with huge social network and loads of sperm in my colon."

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote] given that I have so little in common with the vast majority of gay men

I see people say this. Especially young people who don't want to identify with the party crowd. There are lots of gay guys who aren't gym queens who are leading normal lives.

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2022 3:08 PM

I guess being gay is a choice now

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2022 3:13 PM

My faves are Bosco, Willlow, Angeria and Lady Camden. They all have had iconic moments.

The one who is most grating is Daya Betty. Shut up woman!

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2022 3:46 PM

I like R25's faves. They're all great.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2022 5:05 PM

Ugh. Straight people.

Get off my show.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2022 12:16 AM

I feel kind of dumb asking this, but how is RuPaul pronouncing Willow Pill any different from what her name infers? Yeah he is giving her the spin, but it's already built into her drag name. It's meant to a childish mispronunciation, right? Otherwise she would be Little Pill. Am I missing something.

These nicknames and added syllables are always a sign of affection from Ru. He does the same with Angeria. Many more last names than she alread carries. As he did with Kennedy Davenport, Heidi N Closet and a few others. But it Willow Pill's case - she has already put the cutesy joke into her drag name. Am I missing something?

I think Willow Pill is a bit limited. Not as a name, but as a performer. Cute and dark sided. I get it. But she is being outshone at this point. Let's see what happens next.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2022 12:29 AM

R28 You've got it basically. Ru is sometimes pronouncing Willow as Wiwwo, in baby talk . Notably: "Cause you're not a big pill, noooo, you're just a wiwwo pill". Carson picked up on it too. They don't do it all of the time, which I think is good. It is sweet, but I do wonder how Willow feels about it like I said earlier. I find her to be a damn good queen.

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2022 12:43 AM

Willow’s shortened life expectancy will guarantee her win.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2022 12:45 AM

I find she works within her physical limitations quite impressively and even more impressive doesn't exploit them for sympathy like a certain queen I could mention. Willow has a matter of factness about her that I really admire. Just goes about her business. That's a good trait, though I know the show wants DRAMA!

Pretty sure we are due for someone in a wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2022 12:51 AM

[quote]These nicknames and added syllables are always a sign of affection from Ru. He does the same with Angeria. Many more last names than she alread carries. As he did with Kennedy Davenport, Heidi N Closet and a few others.

I love the ones Ru came up with for Nina Bo'Nina Brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2022 1:09 AM

Wasn't Yvie supposed to be terminal too?

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2022 1:21 AM

r32 I think Heidi N Closet is a bit different though because Ru really didn't like the drag name she picked. Ru kept coming up with "better ones" (not even close) and it became a running unfunny gag wrapped in Ru's obvious annoyance. I love how Heidi has stuck to her guns. It is a fun creative name.

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2022 1:25 AM

R33 Terminally dreadful at least.

by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2022 1:26 AM

Willow came from a Buffy the Vampire character. Ru turned it into “little” because she is a freak and thought it was funny (even though it was insulting).

by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2022 1:27 AM

Please site your Buffy reference, r36. That character's name was Willow Rosenberg.

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2022 7:21 AM

Not r36 but found Willow Pill's (non drag name Will Patterson) name origin story on Drag Race Wiki.

The name Willow comes from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer character, Willow Rosenburg. Will has a rare chronic illness that required frequent blood draws and multiple types of medication, which later was the inspiration for the last name Pill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2022 7:46 AM

Does Lady Camden come from a rather wealthy family? He mentioned or implied he went to boarding school and his accent seems upper class.

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2022 10:16 AM

I doubt it r39. Lady Camden had to move to Sacramento because she couldn't afford SF anymore, which doesn't seem like the thing you do if you come from a wealthy family.

by Anonymousreply 40February 21, 2022 11:24 AM

We just watched last night, and I agree with many posters: the best episode in a long, long time. Maybe my favorite since Shakesqueer in S7.

Also, the queens seemed to actually like Maddie. Did they see something we didn't in Maddie's personality? I see more personality out of the period that is ending this sentence.

by Anonymousreply 41February 21, 2022 11:29 AM

I didn't really get off on two whole skits centered around farting. (And it's a little irksome that the judges tore Rock M. Sakura apart for using a fart as a gag and told him farting is not comedy and then went on to make a whole skit about farting.)

But I always do enjoy challenges like this, if not the end result. Way, way, way too many 'Rusicals' in recent years and not enough of the skits, the modeling, the clothing design, the comedy that made the show such a fun variety show.

I also loved the Shakesqueer challenge years ago. I remember a lot of people here complaining about that episode but don't remember why. I love Shakespeare and I was mortified that so many of the queens understood none of the references and didn't get any of the jokes, but the episode was entertaining, and the ignorance of so many cast members is illuminating about our education system today.

by Anonymousreply 42February 21, 2022 11:49 AM

I liked the literary references in Shakesqueer, but the trainwreck nature of the show was the best part. Normally, a ton of editing occurs to make something normal look bad. But I do believe this wasn't edited when we see RuPaul describing one group to their faces as "a car crash", the likes of which he'd never seen in 7 years.

I like good challenges, but I love when one group just absolutely is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 43February 21, 2022 11:54 AM

R43 IIRC, the same happened with a 'divas' challenge. I think one of the teams chose Mariah Carey and none of them knew any of her music or her mannerisms. That was an equally terrible offense.

But yes, I remember that most of the contestants didn't get any references, even to "to be or not to be" and Romeo & Juliet. It's shocking. These are basic high school competencies in the U.S. and they are also ubiquitous in pop culture. It's not like the challenges drew from Coriolanus or Troilus and Cressida.

by Anonymousreply 44February 21, 2022 11:59 AM

When Ru says It's not a big pill it's a willow pill in that voice he is referencing Valley of the Dolls....not making fun of Willow's size.

by Anonymousreply 45February 21, 2022 1:55 PM

Who knew the show had such . . . depth.

by Anonymousreply 46February 21, 2022 1:56 PM

r45 I have read and watched VoD more times than I care to admit, and don't recall that kind of baby talk reference to dolls/pills. I'm a true blue Eldergay, and if I don't remember the VoD reference you are referring to, I doubt the 15 year kids are going to. I do think it is Ru referencing how petite Willow is and making one of his dad jokes complete with baby talk voice.

Not challenging you. And granted, my memory is not what it once was. Just throwing it out there because now I am curious. If you can tell me where in the book or film this reference in, please do. Any reason to do another read or watch of it is always welcome. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 47February 21, 2022 7:15 PM

RuPaul's gay references (and, well cultural references) are wide and quite deep. I've caught a few oddly specific lines that seem to come, for example, from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

In this case, however, R47 is correct: Ru is riffing in a cutesy baby way on Willow's name.

by Anonymousreply 48February 21, 2022 8:26 PM

Ru thinks little people are funny.

by Anonymousreply 49February 21, 2022 9:26 PM

Can we get rid of the fat black one? His drag and makeup are busted and there is nothing there talent wise.

And why does Daya Betty continue to paint his lips in that hideous way?

Is Drag Race the reason that female illusion has been left in the dust and clown face ugliness is now the norm?

by Anonymousreply 50February 21, 2022 9:33 PM

Ahem, R50. Jorgeous is giving you ALL the female illusion. Jasmine is an old style big hair and paint queen too and Angeria is beyond pageant perfection.

Lady Camden is very versatile and really sexy. Doesn't pad that much but she's a nice mix of talents and looks. I'm a fan.

To me, Willow Pill is turning into a bit of a Gothy joke. She has some fun ironic moments in her drag and delivery - but nothing really special. Kind of another small town weirdo queen.

Don't crown Willow the winner just cuz she's crippled. We already have one of those.

by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2022 10:25 PM

Don’t be a cunt. Willow is great.

by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2022 10:36 PM

It's not just a recent thing....all the way back in Season Five you had some dumbass queens who didn't know Grey Gardens or Little Edie when Jinkx did her for Snatch Game. Those cunts Roxxxy and Coco made fun of her for choosing a character "no one had ever heard of".

Which just meant they were stupid trash who had never heard of Little Edie....and, the point of Snatch Game is to make RU laugh. As long as she gets the joke, nothing else really matters.

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2022 10:40 PM

Anyone who makes anyone laugh during snatch game is a hero. It's always nearly unwatchably bad with one or two semi-funny people.

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2022 10:44 PM

Return to Valley of the DOLLS. Drag's not dead. Bitches getting rich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2022 12:03 AM

I just saw the promo for DR Espana S2. A good number of the queens don't pad and show their flat chests, show casing their nipples. At this point, it not a queen anymore if you're not even attempting to look like a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2022 1:07 AM

Damn they are cranking them out. I can't wat for Down Under 2. I wonder if they will correct the shit show it was. BTW as anyone seen Kita Mean? She gained like 100 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2022 3:06 AM

Well, I suppose Drag Race Ukraine is out of the question now.

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2022 3:08 AM

Jimbo had a great exit line last week. Dude is just a big gay dude. But his costumes are inventive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2022 3:14 AM

R57, the last time Kita posted on Instagram was the middle of last month, and she looked fantastic. Are you saying she's gained back the weight since then? I know she had gastric sleeve surgery before filming on DRDU began.

by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2022 2:50 PM

Not if I take it back, R58.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2022 2:55 PM

Ben De La Creme gained a crapload of weight:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2022 3:28 PM

r60 you might be right, I saw a promo for house of drag on youtube and assumed it was new. I think it was older pre-surgery.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2022 5:17 PM

R62: "Ben De La Creme gained a crapload of weight"

It's called "BINGE Queens" for a reason

by Anonymousreply 64February 23, 2022 9:35 AM

Didn't Ben marry an FTM?

by Anonymousreply 65February 23, 2022 11:05 AM

yes Ben did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2022 11:06 AM

I wonder how long there is between each episode and where do these costumes and wigs come from, we see them packing at that end but never see the outfits they wear on the shows.

by Anonymousreply 67February 23, 2022 12:09 PM

Bob is also with a FtM guy.

by Anonymousreply 68February 23, 2022 12:09 PM

They always say "this week," "last week" and "next week," but I think like most reality competition shows, it's probably two to three-ish days: one day to get the assignment and begin work with some hours designated for confessionals and promo footage, one full day for design or rehearsal or whatever, and then either a late evening or early morning runway with additional time spent on recording promo footage.

by Anonymousreply 69February 23, 2022 12:14 PM

Yeah episodes are typically filmed in two very long filming days. You have the day you get the challenge and the next day is the runway and elimination. They will film 2 episodes a week, sometimes three. Then the queens get a weekend break and then filming resumes.

Like most reality shows they will pretend it's a "new week" when in reality they filmed the challenge yesterday. Ita exhausting. You want to finish production as quickly as you can, it cost money to keep it running.

So depending on how many episodes in a season it will take like 3-4 weeks to film.

by Anonymousreply 70February 23, 2022 12:31 PM

[Quote]where do these costumes and wigs come from

After they are cast they are given a list of runway categories and they scramble to get everything they need.

There is also fabric and sewing machines and sometimes people will make additional outfits while they are filming. Deja recently said her chaps runway she made in her hotel room the night before the runway.

by Anonymousreply 71February 23, 2022 12:39 PM

[quote]where do these costumes and wigs come from

Apparently they come from hunger.

by Anonymousreply 72February 23, 2022 12:50 PM

They come from the Mojave because damn they are thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 73February 23, 2022 5:40 PM

Fabulous Bimini and Tace. Now that was a Drag Race Season worth watching!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 24, 2022 1:56 AM

Given that the confessionals involve a queen wearing the same outfit, I thought that the confessionals were just filmed all in a row, with the queen reliving their reaction to the episode we are now watching.

Are you telling me that the confessionals are really filmed after each episode, with the queen just putting on their confessional outfit again?

by Anonymousreply 75February 25, 2022 5:50 AM

Maddy was on this show as a stunt. Maddy had no pizzazz, no sparkle no talent for creating looks. Frumpy dumpy lumpy and dull.

by Anonymousreply 76February 25, 2022 7:43 AM

Why does everyone act like Maddy is the first straight drag queen ever? It is a stunt even to emphasize that he is straight since this is hardly an anomaly. He is one of many, as am I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 25, 2022 7:56 AM

R75 yes. Also means the producers can insert anything the queen has said at any point in reaction to anything they want.

by Anonymousreply 78February 25, 2022 1:16 PM

No comments? I hate Daya Betty.

by Anonymousreply 79February 26, 2022 2:49 AM

I’m leaning more toward Bosco lately but Angie has this I think.

by Anonymousreply 80February 26, 2022 3:09 AM

DAYA “THE CUNT” BETTY 🤩🤩🤩🤩

I have been feeling her all season. Move over Willow, it’s time for a neurotic cunt to take the win. I enjoy the “drag” of her look since she’s not femme. Plus she’s just 2real. Get it bitch.

I also really liked Kerri this season. She looks great and is confident in who she is. It was actually nice to have a trans contestant who wasn’t crying/a mess/going TRANSTRANSTRANS as their whole identity.

I wish one of the girl groups was the Kim Sisters. Bring them Asian sensations to the Reddit girls’ consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 81February 26, 2022 3:22 AM

Yes, R75.

They did this starting in S6 I think? People online could easily spot the producers’ fuckery in earlier seasons because of the queens’ confessional outfits.

In UK2 Tia Kofi even joked she got her pre-pandemic hair back for “continuity.” The producers want the same look so they can work their editing shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 82February 26, 2022 3:36 AM

I'll miss Kerri. She was a sweetheart and as pretty as Tatiana. Her upbringing was straight up abuse. Poor baby. I hope she gets all the dick and money and adoration she deserves. And none of the churchy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 83February 26, 2022 3:45 AM

Daya needs to daya in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 84February 26, 2022 7:49 AM

Season 13 was awful, but Season 14 is not holding my attention AT ALL. I get so bored by the lipsync that I skip through it to see who Ru boots from the show.

R82 As for the queens outfits in the confessionals, I remember that during season 3 there was a three week break during filming (because of Shangela's fight with Mimi Imfurst, according to legend) and some of the queens like Mariah Balenciaga came back with facial hair that wasn't consistent with the earlier segments.

by Anonymousreply 85February 26, 2022 9:34 AM

Kerri was boring. When Serena Cha Cha called out the drag style of talking as ignorant, she meant people like Kerri.

by Anonymousreply 86February 26, 2022 11:20 AM

Daya Betty is DB for a reason. I can't stand him, and the faces he draws all do look like Crystal Methyd's. He has been criticized for it over and over. He has thrown tantrums about it. And yet the trademark lips and eyes don't change. Why is he so limited to looking like someome else? And to make it so much worse, Crystal seemed as sweet as DB is sour and bitter. It's a really poor imitation all around.

He's just completely unlikable. There's no way to blame editing for that one.

R81 I understand why you'd welcome a sassy, snarky, unapologetic drag queen, but to me, there are differences between people like Alaska, Bianca et al., and people like Daya Betty, Acid Betty, PhiPhi and Tyra, who are just miserable toxic people. Blech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 26, 2022 11:44 AM

Willow is getting the Simone edit—she is obviously the star of the season, and the eventual winner, but they can’t praise her every week and have her front and center, but in the home stretch they will start to elevate her again..

They are setting Daya up for a big fall. I don’t know what the judges have claimed to see about her the last two weeks. She wasn’t the worst in either challenge, but she didn’t do anything special enough to be in the top, either

by Anonymousreply 88February 26, 2022 11:56 AM

Willow was NOT good in the girl group challenge. She looked very hesitant and unsure of herself. I really thought she would be in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 89February 26, 2022 12:01 PM

I thought the same thing R89. I thought she would get called out on it, but no. Again, perplexed by the praise of Deja. She was "OK" in the challenge, but that runway look was cheap as hell.

I wish they would bring back the puppet mini challenge.

by Anonymousreply 90February 26, 2022 2:21 PM

I think Willow got a pass because her singing was passable. Their choreography was probably the best. The Rupreme’s choreography was like… washing windows on speed.

by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2022 2:27 PM

Willow probably got a pass for the Girl Group section because of the cute choreo though. I'm mesmerized by Bosco and Camden, how fetching they are as queens, although stalking Bosco's IG, she has some great makeup skills.

by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2022 2:28 PM

Not gonna lie; I zoned out during all the performances. I kept 'coming to,' rewinding and trying to focus but every time it lost my attention. I thought they were all boring and, once again, I think the choreographed song-and-dance numbers are the worst aspect of Drag Race and so I am baffled that over the years, they've become the primary focus of every season. What I love most is watching creativity play out and watching contestants be themselves, and the choreo episodes all but eliminate both of these aspects. Someone tells them what to do and then they do it, and the end product is almost always boring.

by Anonymousreply 93February 26, 2022 2:32 PM

[quote]I wish they would bring back the puppet mini challenge.

I wish they would fucking come up with something fucking new for a change.

by Anonymousreply 94February 26, 2022 2:48 PM

Also, they're nothing likable about Daya at all. What a whiny asshat.

by Anonymousreply 95February 26, 2022 3:10 PM

R95: “ Also, they're nothing likable about Daya at all. What a whiny asshat.”

R95 is just bitter because Mother’s Facebook church group refused to pray that r95’s anal fissure would heal before gay Mardis Gras.

Unlikeable whiny asshats make the show fun.

by Anonymousreply 96February 26, 2022 3:53 PM

Not really- Give my Silky Ganache any day- she made the show fun. Daya doesn't show any joy in doing drag.

by Anonymousreply 97February 26, 2022 3:57 PM

Daya is giving me flashbacks to that fat creepy drag queen from last season (who I don't care to mention by name) who managed to make it to the finals. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this season, as I like all the other queens a lot.

by Anonymousreply 98February 26, 2022 4:41 PM

I don’t think Willow or Angeria are guaranteed top 4, despite being fan favorites. Agree that Daya Betty is obnoxious AND unlikable AND untalented AND has bad drag.

by Anonymousreply 99February 26, 2022 6:03 PM

I enjoy that Daya is not trying to be likable for the camera. I'm not personally a fan but I appreciate her early seasons vibe when queens didn't care so much about fan backlash.

This challenge was boring. I just started paying attention to the background dancers.

by Anonymousreply 100February 26, 2022 7:42 PM

I love having a contestant to legitimately hate, so I hope Daya goes far!

by Anonymousreply 101February 26, 2022 8:58 PM

So Jasmine is a dumb as she is annoying - at least she's cool, calm, and collective.

by Anonymousreply 102February 26, 2022 9:58 PM

The LSFYL was meh, but I love the song. Hex Hector = best remixer ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 26, 2022 10:01 PM

Deja Skye needs to go - the poor fat thing believed the praise she was given by the judges. Obviously a mercy tactic just before she's given the boot.

Daya Betty's drag was the same stupid clown stuff she's been doing. What was different about it? I don't understand the praise. And her painted lips are so annoying to me. Give it up! It's grotesque.

Anji did show something different than her usual pageant style - it didn't quite work - but she's trying.

by Anonymousreply 104February 26, 2022 10:01 PM

R66, I guess she has to be the man that Ben failed to be. It's weird how many FTMs are with effeminate men.

by Anonymousreply 105February 26, 2022 10:04 PM

R66, Also, I should say those lady hips give her away.

by Anonymousreply 106February 26, 2022 10:05 PM

Jasmine Kennedie is BY FAR the most annoying queen this season. I'd take Daya Betty's tantrums any day.

by Anonymousreply 107February 26, 2022 11:06 PM

Jasmine has some talent. She's sweet, kind of rooting for her. Daya is just annoying and self involved.

by Anonymousreply 108February 27, 2022 3:00 PM

R75 here again. Thanks for the responses to my question, but I don't think it was answered.

Is it...

A) They film all the queens after each episode is filmed, to catch their reaction to what just happened (but they're wearing the same outfit for each confessional)

or

B) They film all the queens after the end of the entire season, in one take, with the one outfit they chose, and ask them to react to each thing that happened, one after another, and just play that reaction during the episode being played.

by Anonymousreply 109February 27, 2022 7:04 PM

A is your answer

by Anonymousreply 110February 27, 2022 7:17 PM

Imagine being that self obsessed and you're Dya Betty?

by Anonymousreply 111February 27, 2022 7:56 PM

I loved the four backup dancers. They were hot and had perfect moves in synch with the music. I would rather just watch them for the whole routine.

by Anonymousreply 112February 28, 2022 5:43 PM

So would they.

by Anonymousreply 113February 28, 2022 5:49 PM

The one with the mustache on the right was really hot.

by Anonymousreply 114February 28, 2022 5:57 PM

Anastasia Soare, the CEO of Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics (a longtime sponsor of the show), has been exposed as a Putin fangurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 1, 2022 9:26 AM

Re: R115 - could just be their attempt at good PR but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 1, 2022 2:28 PM

The original post about Anastasia was taken down on Reddit, but they got info on her here....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 1, 2022 5:06 PM

We all hated Season 13, but their choreo and write your own lyrics number- LUCKY - was SO much better. And the dancing boys were so sexy. Drag Race uses a lot of the same dancers each season and on the finale. Two of these dancers get some rewind play from me. Aye.

It's the final four number that always gets some extra love. Kitty Girl is STILL better than Read You Wrote You. Their, I said it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 2, 2022 1:42 AM

Anastasia is also trying to silence her Reddit critics by using the DCMA to force them to take down their posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119March 2, 2022 4:39 AM

I wonder what Mary Kay has to say about all of this.

by Anonymousreply 120March 2, 2022 2:03 PM

Mary Kay says:

"Now, hon, I founded this company on love and Christian principles. When somebody decides she doesn't want to do Mary Kay anymore, we do try to talk her out of it because we don't want any woman to sell herself short, to think that she can't do it because she's just a housewife or just a secretary or some such silliness.

But, Ukraine, I want you to have the best life you can have, and if you don't want to do Mary Kay, don't worry about it. We love you just the same."

*fishes around in her purse*

"Also, here's my Ruger. When you see Putin in position and the dog's penis is locked into Putin's ass and is knotting, you want to unload this into Putin's brain. But be sure to get your phone camera out first so Putin knows he's being filmed getting shot on film while he's taking it up the ass from Fido. If you're lucky, Putin will try to pull off Fido, but the dog's penis will rip him apart. And then you can shoot him with his rotted, gutted asshole bleeding first. Either way, remember to get the phone camera going so he knows of his eternal humiliation before the world".

by Anonymousreply 121March 2, 2022 9:10 PM

I love when R121 goes off her meds and posts!

by Anonymousreply 122March 2, 2022 10:10 PM

^Vlad, hoping the insulin supply keeps up

by Anonymousreply 123March 2, 2022 10:14 PM

What would Maddy wear for the heart themed runway??? Wonder no more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124March 3, 2022 1:35 AM

I'm always skeptical of these queens posting these heavily edited pics of killer runways that are somehow much better than anything they actually wore when they had a chance.

by Anonymousreply 125March 3, 2022 1:57 AM

This IS what she wore. Thanks for MORE, Willow Pill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 3, 2022 5:50 AM

That Maddy heart look is good

by Anonymousreply 127March 3, 2022 5:53 AM

Maddy looks like a guy who wears assless panties and exclaims girlishly "Well I never in all my life!" as he effortlessly lowers his ass around 2 dicks at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 128March 3, 2022 11:29 AM

Can Maddy locate the zipper in a purse? His girlfriend wants to know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 3, 2022 7:13 PM

I fucking love Willow Pill. She should win AND also get Miss Congeniality.

by Anonymousreply 130March 3, 2022 8:23 PM

Willow is now trans they’re falling like dominoes

SO

NOW who wants to rethink their horrible criticisms of Daya “The Cunt” Betty, the only remaining *drag queen* we all need to embrace?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 4, 2022 1:23 AM

I'm not surprised. In the last Untucked she talked about feeling discomfort with her body.

by Anonymousreply 132March 4, 2022 1:26 AM

Why is it still called Drag Race? It isn't female impersonation anymore when they are trans, is it? I am very confused.

by Anonymousreply 133March 4, 2022 1:27 AM

Pageant girls ain't trans. They are giving you female illusion honey. Jorgeous likes the dick and he's a BOY. Angeria is all we have left. She's not as pretty as Jaida, but a bit more fabulous. A BOY. Daya Betty, like Acid Betty looks like a man in OR out of drag. No dice.

Willow should have won last week's episode - but she's not a winner baby.

I want Bosco to win at this point.

by Anonymousreply 134March 4, 2022 1:35 AM

So that makes how many Season 14 girls who have transitioned? Four? And we're not even halfway through the season!

by Anonymousreply 135March 4, 2022 1:47 AM

Transies:

- Kornbread

- Kerri

- Bosco

- Jasmine

- Willow

Maddie was once a trans but is now a man again but whatever

by Anonymousreply 136March 4, 2022 1:58 AM

I suppose it's not for me to 'get', but I don't get it.

Why can't gay men just embrace their version of masculinity, even if it's femme at times? Why is there this great need to switch labels to the opposite gender, if you are so against gender norms in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 137March 4, 2022 2:14 AM

To top this season, on the next cycle, RPDR will introduce the first transpecies contestant. "My given human name was Jim but I now go by my spirit animal name of Miss Sissy Boodles. My pronouns are grrrrr and hissssss."

by Anonymousreply 138March 4, 2022 3:59 AM

It seems people are using trans when they are just feminine. Why make such a drama about it?

by Anonymousreply 139March 4, 2022 4:14 AM

They get way more attention in drag than out, so they go all in on trans.

by Anonymousreply 140March 4, 2022 4:49 AM

They're all going "trans" because it's trendy.

Not really different than any other "youth" culture trend like being a flapper, or a bobby soxer, or a beatnik, or a hippie, or a punk, or a goth, or....

Except of course if they've had surgeries or done hormone therapies which would have altered their bodies forever.

In the past, kids could just put on an outfit or got a hair style that annoyed their parents and listened to some "new" crazy music.

Now you either take drugs to shrink your dick or get it chopped off!

KIDS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 141March 4, 2022 6:08 AM

Congrats Nicky Doll!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 4, 2022 9:47 PM

I'm not watching any of the innumerable DR clones until the Cone Heads edition.

by Anonymousreply 143March 4, 2022 9:50 PM

Actually I think the French edition is going to be good- French are all about shade and fashion.

by Anonymousreply 144March 4, 2022 10:07 PM

España season 1 was fantastic! I hope the France brings the heat!!

by Anonymousreply 145March 4, 2022 10:13 PM

Kylie Sonique has a brainstorm for a new edition of Drag Race....

Remember when Ru said that no trans woman would EVER compete on his show???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 4, 2022 10:49 PM

I didn’t realize GiGi Goode also came out as trans and had facial surgery to look more feminine. Are there any men left?

by Anonymousreply 147March 4, 2022 11:42 PM

“Are there any men left?”

A question that echoes from the drag race main stage to the bathhouse to Mayor Pete’s brain.

Answer: no.

by Anonymousreply 148March 4, 2022 11:47 PM

Mayor Pete looks a lot like Maddy Morphisissy!

by Anonymousreply 149March 5, 2022 12:08 AM

R131 I wonder how female hormones/testosterone blockers will affect her medically given all the other meds she takes and her medical condition.- she’s had a kidney transplant for one, so she’s on steroids (glucocorticoids) and immunosuppressants. Probably a ton of other meds too. I’d hate to be her doctor trying to manage all this.

by Anonymousreply 150March 5, 2022 12:10 AM

Willow Pill is playing the game. He's a conniving lil thing. Over-hyped on line because he's a crippled munchkin with an eating disorder. Cute in drag for sure. But nowhere near subversive. Show us YOUR T A L E N T Ms. Pill. We already saw your pussy.

Willow Pill wants AMERICA's vote. Ru crowned them all and they'll decide who wins in April. So just for today - Willow is suddenly tRAnS? No Drag Queen who is that bright and self aware just realized they are tRanS. Willow is playing to WIN.

Jorgeous or Boscoe for the WIN.

by Anonymousreply 151March 5, 2022 12:17 AM

Crippled munchkin? Stop being a CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 152March 5, 2022 12:21 AM

No, Willow is a tRaNS crippled munchkin with an eating disorder! He's practically sitting in the tween girls laps. Vote for me! I make fun of pretty girls. I want to kill myself in the tub. I can't move my hands!

by Anonymousreply 153March 5, 2022 12:33 AM

Kornbread is trans? What? When did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 154March 5, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote] Remember when Ru said that no trans woman would EVER compete on his show???

r146 These people in the industry, after getting called transphobic, get 'educated' and repent

by Anonymousreply 155March 5, 2022 1:27 AM

R154 Before she was on the show.

by Anonymousreply 156March 5, 2022 1:45 AM

I can't stand Jasmine, but she won that lip-synch.

by Anonymousreply 157March 5, 2022 2:16 AM

Bosco is trans too???

by Anonymousreply 158March 5, 2022 2:46 AM

Yes, Bosco has been trans for longer than a minute. Bosco did win that challenge and Jasmine did win that lip sync. So glad that Willow Will didn't win for her thigh gap. Nice runway suit tho. The runways mostly suck this year. And this has got to be least attractive set of MENS in Drag Race history. Most are good in Drag, but in the workroom - OOF. Bow Wow. Will Pill looks like a dead fetus.

Bob is going to go OFF on Purse First. He HATES double Shantes. And this one was undeserved. Jasmine WON that. But Ru doesn't want to get rid of Jorgeous Jorge. Who would?

by Anonymousreply 159March 5, 2022 6:01 AM

Men who identify as women are mentally ill. The end.

by Anonymousreply 160March 5, 2022 6:22 AM

Jorgeous is the cutest thing in his natural twink state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 5, 2022 6:36 AM

R161 Enjoy it before he comes out as trans, too.

by Anonymousreply 162March 5, 2022 8:09 AM

I can't overlook the irony of Drag Race fans lamenting transgender people among drag queens.

Yes, I know the standard response is to point out that men in drag do not call themselves women. But they still dress as women.

And historically, it seems like most drag queens were either gigantic, obviously male clowns in wigs or else celebrity impersonators. At some point, the norm became 'fishy' or passable drag queens, who are effectively transvestites/men who pass as women rather than playing with gender for comedic purposes.

Also historically, until about 25 or 30 years ago, gay men overall were about as marginalized as transgender people are now by everyone, including many gay men, which is probably how we ended up grouped together despite not being the same.

I'm an obviously gay man who has never had any interest in looking like a woman. For my orientation, there's no relationship between my identity and presenting as a woman either to 'pass' as 'fishy' or to entertain as a drag queen. So to me, dressing in drag and dressing to look like a woman and being surgically and medicinally altered to be more like a woman all are rather unrelatable concepts and they all seem more similar than my own identity/orientation.

I'm fine with them all because none of them affects me in any way.

I will say that I don't really understand why gay guys get so up in arms about a man who wears women's clothing having surgeries to look more like women but don't get up in arms about non-trans drag queens having bizarre facial surgeries and other medical procedures to give them bizarre Audrey 2 lips, silicone cheekbones, etc.

Someone on this site called Justin Jedlica his hero or inspiration or something recently. Justin Jedlica is an emaciated gay man who claimed in 2020 he had had over 950 cosmetic procedures, including having silicone 'muscles' implanted and all kinds of bizarre facial alterations done. It doesn't bother me that he mutilates himself as an obsessive-compulsive means of self-expression, but I admit it does bother me that people like him and just about every female celebrity over 38 or so has a ton of surgical alterations and no one cares, but people are appalled when the alterations change apparent gender. I just don't see any difference between chopping off a nose and chopping off a dick. It's all physical mutilation. So it seems really arbitrary and hypocritical to like drag queens but hate transgender people and to applaud weird cosmetic surgeries within the confines of a gender but to condemn weird cosmetic surgeries to change an apparent gender. That just seems purely hate based and arbitrary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 5, 2022 10:22 AM

Wow you type a lot r163!

by Anonymousreply 164March 5, 2022 10:37 AM

I cannot stand Jorgeous, can't wait till he's sent packing

by Anonymousreply 165March 5, 2022 1:07 PM

Angeria should go home next week for doing a black Tammie Brown on Snatch Game. What a retarded pick.

“Let’s talk about TOXIC MASCULINITY and how hard women have it because of MEN!!!” “Oh my ideal guy is a rounded out hair all who will throw me down and choke me out.”

Hot take, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 166March 5, 2022 1:37 PM

Roided. Dumb autocorrect. Either way, lame ep.

by Anonymousreply 167March 5, 2022 1:38 PM

The first episode where I really liked what Deja Skye did - he was a great moderator and his runway look was exactly what the challenge called for.

I did like Bosco and her win was deserved.

Dya Betty - what a pain in the ass. His drag is busted and completely lacks imagination or surprise......shoulder pads?

Still hate Jasmine - looking forward to Snatch Game. From the previews it seems that Willow fails badly, but that could be just one question......

by Anonymousreply 168March 5, 2022 1:42 PM

R163 it’s because transies screech they are LITERALLY women and no longer female impersonators. Or even the more reductive “straight.”

“There are 6 straight people this season!”

No there aren’t you retarded cunts.

Think back to Season 1 when the show began and the boys went out of their way to tell the audience how female impersonation is a job. They’re men. They go home and love gay lives.

Trans is reductive for gay men, and when you say you’re a “straight woman” you’re no longer a female impersonator, so GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 169March 5, 2022 1:48 PM

If they claim trans women are women, then these are just women dressing up as women.

Reminds me of when Dorian Corey made the comment about it’s not shade if you call other black queens a black queen.

by Anonymousreply 170March 5, 2022 5:09 PM

[quote]Someone on this site called Justin Jedlica his hero or inspiration or something recently.

This seems.... difficult to believe.

Then again, I've seen Todrick Hall described as a "King" and Chris Crocker described as "really intelligent", both here on Datalounge, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 171March 5, 2022 5:14 PM

One of my favorite things that RuPaul ever said was, "I will only get in drag for money and only at night. Daytime drag ruins the illusion." Obviously this was many millions of dollars and tens of Emmys ago.

Or as Raven responded when one of the guest judges said he looked like a real woman - "I'm a psychological woman but I am a MAN in a dress."

These little misfits feel more powerful and better liked in Drag. So some of them start to think they need to live non binary or transitioned lives. Most of the great Drag Race Alumni pretty much separate their drag persona from their non performing life.

by Anonymousreply 172March 5, 2022 5:23 PM

What is the point of this gold bar shit if they are still doing to do a double shanty? Couldn't they have just given one of then the gold bar.

So we had a non-elimation on Daytona wins, a non-elimination tonight and a non-elimination whenever that Damm chocolate thing is going to be used. That seems excessive.

They both did a good job on the lip sync but I agree Jasmine won. Surprised they didn't give those two queens an upbeat pop song to dance to though.

by Anonymousreply 173March 5, 2022 5:44 PM

Which means a double elimination next week.

by Anonymousreply 174March 5, 2022 5:52 PM

Willow is over rated. And boring. And not a woman.

by Anonymousreply 175March 5, 2022 6:00 PM

I really liked the exchange that Algeria and Lady C had in Untucked- Lady C is wickedly sweet with her shade- no malice in it at all.

by Anonymousreply 176March 5, 2022 7:10 PM

R163, Drag queens in the early 1920s to 1960s had to look feminine as well, what they call the "fishy" look isn't a new concept. They weren't just "clowns". I read some old articles from drag queens from that time period and it was emphasized that "looking the part" was important for their majority female audience, and for some it was encouraged by the female audience. Sometime around the 70s and 80s the homosexual transsexual and heterosexual transvestite shoehorned their way into the community, and it sort of got muddled after that.

I don't care what people do to their own bodies or what they what to call themselves, but getting a nose job or lip injections doesn't change your entire identity, whereas a trans person getting surgical alterations is to change their entire identity.

by Anonymousreply 177March 5, 2022 8:52 PM

Uhhhh, tell that to Jennifer Grey, r177.

by Anonymousreply 178March 5, 2022 8:57 PM

There was nothing wrong with Jennifer Grey's nose job. She looked better after to tbh. Too much is made of that story. She wasn't going to have a big career anyway.

I don't like to see Boy Bianca Del Rio with his BIG lips or RAVEN either or most any of them. Even Manila just go big veneers and enhanced lips. But that's the game now. And these are relatively minor changes.

Detox with silicone pecs and shoulders and calves and ASS and LIPS and Trinity the Tuck with similar have gone way too far with plastic surgery if they still identify as male.

Truth is they all get a glow up if they make any money. Chi chi Devayne got a new nose and look what Vangie did to herself too. They aren't female - they just saved themselves sometime at the makeup table.

Deja looks natural to me and Daya Betty looks dudish. Gorgeous has his own nose and teeth and hair. Pads his hips instead of injecting them. Lets see if he stays that way, because that lil queen is going to be making $$$.

by Anonymousreply 179March 5, 2022 9:46 PM

funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 5, 2022 9:48 PM

I'm probably the only DLer who watches both Drag Race and professional wrestling, so it was pretty amusing watching Daya Betty bring up WWE in the challenge, and then Michelle declaring "wrestlers are drag queens!" during the critiques, using the Undertaker and Ric Flair as examples. Immediately followed by RuPaul saying that she watches wrestling with a fistful of lotion (can you blame her? YOU try watching Finn Bálor or Angel Garza in their tiny trunks and NOT get a hardon).

[quote]What is the point of this gold bar shit if they are still doing to do a double shanty? Couldn't they have just given one of then the gold bar.

Good point. However, let's be real here, the gold bar is going to be used to save a top contender (i.e. Willow, Bosco, Angeria) rather than on a filler bitch. There's nothing random about this stunt at all, it is 'reality TV' after all. I'm getting the sinking feeling that this season is going to drag on - no pun intended - just like Season 13 did last year, and this will be the new normal for the US version.

by Anonymousreply 181March 5, 2022 10:24 PM

How the hell did Bosco win? She was funny but she must of said "I feel like that" 30 times.

by Anonymousreply 182March 6, 2022 12:21 AM

I was surprised Bosco won this. His moderation felt very much like the VP of a gay student union leading a panel discussion. The tone of the conversation was very condescending too. The other group talked about their lives and how masculinity and other men affected them personally while Bosco’s crew indulged in a bunch of pandering “the future is female” bullshit where they spoke on behalf of the experiences of actual women and basically sublimated any agency or self-advocacy in service of the glorious majesty that is Straight Women. Embarrassing for what is supposed to be a gay show and it rubbed me the wrong way.

I also thought he benefited from some misplaced praise from Ru. When he mentioned Electric Boogaloo, Ru thought they were genuinely connecting over the Cannon movie as a reference. I don’t think Ru realized that Electric Boogaloo has become a catch-all cliche online when the title of a new sequel comes out. I can guarantee that Bosco has no fucking clue what Breakin’ is.

by Anonymousreply 183March 6, 2022 11:43 AM

Willow clears it all up a bit. She/he/whatever is still working it out. I hope after the show drama is over, common sense kicks in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 6, 2022 1:05 PM

I actually love that they’re all jumping on the tranny bandwagon. That means we have a better chance a decent winner.

The show lost a significant amount of credibility when they handed the crown to Sonique for chopping her dick off, so now we won’t have to play this game anyway where trans contestants are overpraised and handed the win regardless of merit.

by Anonymousreply 185March 6, 2022 1:25 PM

Sonique's win was really bizarre r185, can't help but feel it was a pandering move.

by Anonymousreply 186March 6, 2022 3:06 PM

Totally R186!

by Anonymousreply 187March 6, 2022 3:14 PM

Had Symone not been as good as she turned out to be, the Powers That Be absolutely would have had Gottmik win Season 13.

by Anonymousreply 188March 6, 2022 3:25 PM

I WAS #2 BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 189March 6, 2022 3:31 PM

It irritated me that he messed up the Breakin 2 reference anyway. The format is [blank] 2, Electric Boogaloo.

by Anonymousreply 190March 6, 2022 6:16 PM

Forget Monet and Trixie and Bob and Raja and Gottmik. Their ridiculous fashion critiques. Trixie and Bob are pretentious assholes who know nothing about fashion. Monet knows nothing either - but she's funnier. Raja is a pretentious and stupid old MAN. Gottmik is what? No Gorge.

Violet and Katya were so much more fun and surprisingly sweet together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 6, 2022 7:24 PM

"It irritated me that he messed up the Breakin 2 reference anyway. The format is [blank] 2, Electric Boogaloo"

AND YOU MESSED UP, TOO! It's "BEARKIN' 2 ....", at least on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 192March 6, 2022 9:10 PM

R188, the sad thing is that Symone wasn’t that good. In fact, she bombed quite a few challenges. But she had great star appeal and her competitors were so vile that she was almost assured the win. I just rewatched S13 in the background while doing work and forgot just how awful that cast and season was.

Gottmik was always going to fail in a system that ends with a lip sync. She lacked any performance ability whatsoever and whatever high marks or wins she received for anything other than makeup and styling was given on a curve and with suspicious intentions. RuPaul’s over the top braying at her generic jokes was very telling. Very “I have a trans man friend so shut the fuck up, Reddit”

by Anonymousreply 193March 7, 2022 12:04 AM

Symone had fantastic runways.

by Anonymousreply 194March 7, 2022 12:08 AM

...at the FAC TREE...

by Anonymousreply 195March 7, 2022 12:32 AM

Season 13 was the absolute worst, but I LOVE Symone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 7, 2022 1:26 AM

R193 Didn't Gottmik do RPDR tours recently? I wonder how those performances went. 😬😬😬😬

by Anonymousreply 197March 7, 2022 2:03 AM

GottNoDick could find a cure for cancer (that her parents paid for) and still be a fucking dullard. NO THANKS.

Trixie and her other woke pals need to climb off the "I've got a (fake) tranny friend bullshit for clicks. They could have at least picked an interesting and invested one. Glad Katya is staying out of it.

by Anonymousreply 198March 7, 2022 9:23 AM

Lady Camden is like a British Gottmikk. She hasn’t said an original thing all season. It’s just the same old catchphrases. My eyes rolled out of my head when she did the dab.

The dab is the quickest way for a drag queen to prove they have no perspective of their own and just love Trixie and Katya.

by Anonymousreply 199March 7, 2022 11:33 AM

Lady Camden is older than some might think she is also an old school drag queen, and doesn't have much patience for the young "we are ALL non binary!" kids let alone the transfadia.

by Anonymousreply 200March 7, 2022 11:42 AM

Lady Camden reminds me of Quentin Crisp.

by Anonymousreply 201March 7, 2022 1:59 PM

“Lady Camden is older than some might think she is.”

Well, seeing as she already looks about 76, R200, she’s what? Angela Lansbury’s older sister?

I don’t mean to sound nasty but I don’t get old school Drag queen vibes from her unless you’re talking about AbercrombieBoi1946 who can still pass for 22. She talks like an 11 year old Drag Race fan. It’s nothing but yasses and goops and werks and all the other played out bullshit that was called out as cliches five years ago.

I liked her in the soap opera channel and she’s had a few nice looks, but her confessional personality is off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 202March 7, 2022 2:49 PM

Is Gotmik still doing her Kabuki makeup?

by Anonymousreply 203March 7, 2022 4:52 PM

I can't watch the fashion photo review for season 14 due to Gotmik and Raja having no chemistry whatsoever. They are a terrible twosome...no bueno!

by Anonymousreply 204March 7, 2022 7:13 PM

GORGE!

Just GORGE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 205March 7, 2022 8:26 PM

I loathe Deja Skye, but she deserved the win this week.

by Anonymousreply 206March 7, 2022 8:26 PM

What is Deja Sky’s ethnicity?

by Anonymousreply 207March 7, 2022 8:33 PM

Raja is a tired and pretentious old man, but you can tell he does NOT like Gottmik. At all. Their lack of comfort with each other is palpable. Fashion Photo Review is unwatchable.

The Pit Stop and Purse First are far more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 208March 7, 2022 8:34 PM

Jorgeous is a cute boy, for sure, and full of charm, but that boy in a dress needs some skills. His runway looks are one piece of fabric, and he does the same pouty poses over and over. His face on the runway looks like a deer in headlights. He's 12 years old.

I don't get the praise/tolerance he's receiving from Ru or on DL. Jasmine slayed him this week and the boy needed to go back to summer camp.

by Anonymousreply 209March 7, 2022 8:37 PM

Yep. R203 That is her full range on display.

Boring as fuck. My toenail clippings have more imagination.

by Anonymousreply 210March 7, 2022 10:11 PM

R210 back. Sorry, I forgot to mention (does it really need to be mentioned?) That her look makes my GORGE rise. Except...it doesn't. It is so fucking pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 211March 7, 2022 10:16 PM

[quote]What is Deja Sky’s ethnicity?

Biracial (black and Latino)

by Anonymousreply 212March 7, 2022 10:16 PM

Omg R204 yes blehhhhhhhhh!

by Anonymousreply 213March 7, 2022 10:29 PM

[quote]The Pit Stop and Purse First are far more enjoyable.

I love Bob and Thorgy, along with Yuhua Hamasaki's [italic[Bootleg Opinions.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 7, 2022 10:34 PM

Has this thing been paywalled, or has there just been nothing to talk about? Wondering if there is a Part 3 roaming around that I can't find.

by Anonymousreply 215March 11, 2022 7:10 PM

No, R215, there isn't. The flurry of posts happens usually starting on Fridays when the episode airs.

by Anonymousreply 216March 11, 2022 8:55 PM

Tonight is Snatch Game. So as always there will be lots of complaints. How is your head?

Bosco and Angeria are pretty quick witted. My money is on them. I would LOVE to see Daya Betty fail terribly.

by Anonymousreply 217March 11, 2022 10:00 PM

Does he really think he looks good? Brooke Lynn Hytes don't even eat ass - according to Miss Vanjie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 11, 2022 10:58 PM

Brooklyn Heights seems like her pussy would smell of Lysol.

I've rarely seen a drag queen so uptight and seemingly zero fun.

by Anonymousreply 219March 11, 2022 11:44 PM

Yeah, he proudly proclaims, "36 years old and no filter" about his photo. But the filler lumps are visible everywhere. Boring drag queen, bad TV host. Pussy on ice. And he was mean to Miss Vanjie. Fuck Brooklyn. (Hytes)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 12, 2022 1:09 AM

What else did Miss Vanjie say, r218?

by Anonymousreply 221March 12, 2022 1:12 AM

Worst Snatch Game ever.

by Anonymousreply 222March 12, 2022 1:15 AM

Well, when a mediocre queen like Deja is the highlight of Snatch Game, you know it was rancid

by Anonymousreply 223March 12, 2022 2:18 AM

It's always terrible. The only difference this time is that usually one or two are borderline funny and this time none was.

by Anonymousreply 224March 12, 2022 2:44 AM

I wonder why no one has ever done Patsy or Edina on Snatch Game. Are the queens too young?

by Anonymousreply 225March 12, 2022 4:46 AM

r225 Some "characters" hold a copyright, so they can't play them without paying a fucking fortune, even if given permission.

by Anonymousreply 226March 12, 2022 4:49 AM

R226 Hmmmm....I don't know about that.

It's drag queens doing parodies of famous people for a sketch on a TV show.

Fair use.

by Anonymousreply 227March 12, 2022 5:15 AM

r227 Tis true. They even mentioned it on this episode.

Also:

For copyright reasons, queens cannot officially choose film or television characters,[6] although some have selected real-world actresses while actually basing their portrayal on one of the celebrity's film or television performances rather than her real-world personality.[4]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 12, 2022 5:26 AM

It's why Stacy Layne Matthews did Mo'Nique in S3 instead of Mary Johnston and Dela did Maggie Smith in S6 instead of The Dowager Countess.

Max (S7) originally wanted to do Miranda Sings, Colleen Ballinger's YouTube character, but was told she couldn't. So she scrambled and ended up bombing with Sharon Needles.

by Anonymousreply 229March 12, 2022 5:34 AM

It was abyssal. And Willow was one of the worst. Bosco and Jazmine had great looks and nothing more. But Willow embarrassed herself, as did Angeria in my opinion. To try so hard to be funny and not manage it at all is worse than lack of jokes. Cringe.

Another week with no elimination. The talent and runways of Season 14 are not worthy of this many episodes.

Time for Jorgeous to go home, but instead they make it a 7- way lip sync episode next week? I'm not even going to watch. Ru is in LOVE with Jorgeous. Like he was with Adore. He has a workroom type.

I kind of liked Jazmine as Betsy Devos. I'd rather see Lady Campden go home. We've seen all there is to see with that one. It should be Jorgeous, but no way will that boy lose a lip sync against 6 other queens.

by Anonymousreply 230March 12, 2022 6:06 AM

I don't know if the problem is me being tired or the show itself, but I paused the show and took a two hour "nap" 10 minutes in. This happened last week, too. It puts me right to sleep now.

by Anonymousreply 231March 12, 2022 6:59 AM

It's ridiculous that it's 10 weeks into the show and there are still 8 contestants left.

Ru is kicking that dead horse into MUSH.

by Anonymousreply 232March 12, 2022 7:11 AM

Glad to see Bosco bomb. She’s smug and her references are so trendy and dated. People stopped making Goop jokes five years ago. Making fun of Gwyneth’s lifestyle brand is so played out.

by Anonymousreply 233March 12, 2022 12:47 PM

Why has no one ever done Brett Sommers? It would be fairly easy drag, one just has to watch a bunch of of Match Game to get the laugh right and pick up some of schtick. Ru would eat it up if done well.

by Anonymousreply 234March 12, 2022 2:14 PM

I don't understand why no one has done Kate Bush or Tori Amos. Even if people are not familiar with them (as is the case with many), they're both so kooky they could be hilarious if well imitated.

by Anonymousreply 235March 12, 2022 2:18 PM

Deja knew the formula. Do someone with a catchphrase who was easy to do and ultra stupid. Kennedy did it with Little Richard, Eureka with Honey Boo Boo. Simple and stupid wins every time. Just because you can do a good impression does not make that character funny (looking at you Trixie). I mean Drew Barrymore is not funny.

by Anonymousreply 236March 12, 2022 2:24 PM

If you would have told me back when I was watching Shannell and Santino on Season 1 that this show would go on and on forever and run the same stupid jokes into the ground until even the draggiest loving drag fans hate it...... I would have been surprised.

Yet here we are.

by Anonymousreply 237March 12, 2022 2:26 PM

So much more Angeria could have done with Tammie Brown. Angeria picked a Tammie Brown mannerism and forget there’s an entire character there. Like, even just play off the fact that people find Tammie unsettling, or even a bit scary. Go over the top with a demented version of Tammie. That’s sort of what all these queens did this episode - just impersonated people and didn’t think of the character or doing a parody of the person. Drew Barrymore was another missed opportunity- think of how Nicole Sullivan parodied her on MadTV. And ffs, never, ever pick William Fucking Shakespeare or Betsy DeVos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 12, 2022 2:34 PM

R234 these queens don't get cultural references from ten years ago, I wouldn't expect them to know who Brett Sommers is, let alone her appearances on Match Game. This season's Snatch Game was THE WORST. It's wasn't even watchable in a train wreck way. As others have said, it's not worthy to just do an impersonation - you have to be funny. And who would think Betsy DeVos could be funny? (And I doubt some viewers of Drag Race even knew who she is.) Same with Drew Barrymore and Gwyneth Paltrow, unless you did an very OTT the version of them. Deja deserved the win but I honestly thought one or two of the others would have been safe.

by Anonymousreply 239March 12, 2022 2:35 PM

Actually, Betsy Devos could have been funny if done right. Just make her into the most evil person ever and it could have been hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 240March 12, 2022 2:41 PM

Betsy could have been funny, but the person playing here was too interested in making a political point and, totally uncharacteristic of this show, he knows too much about DeVos and her approach to policymaking and his impression was too wonky.

Gwyneth still could be kind of funny even if she is a bit played out.

I don't know about Drew. Drew is cloying and irritating but also pretty well loved, so to make fun of her in a critical way probably would seem mean.

by Anonymousreply 241March 12, 2022 2:46 PM

I thought Willow should have played Bernadette Peters.

by Anonymousreply 242March 12, 2022 2:48 PM

Bear in mind that Willow is 26 and Bernadette Peters is 74. Willow probably has no idea who Bernadette is. She's not as mainstream as other senior citizens like Cher and Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 243March 12, 2022 2:52 PM

How would you make Bernadette funny? Now her evil twin, Bette Midler, that would be better.

by Anonymousreply 244March 12, 2022 2:54 PM

I think it is about time for an updated remake of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane with Bernadette Peters and Bette Midler.

by Anonymousreply 245March 12, 2022 3:03 PM

R244 has never heard of Cole Escola

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 12, 2022 3:54 PM

I was embarrassed for them and it happened months ago, 2500 miles away from me.

by Anonymousreply 247March 12, 2022 4:05 PM

Today's queens don't know anything about classic Match Game. Ru name dropped Charles Nelson Reilly in the workroom last year or the year before, and none of them knew who he was. No way they'll know about Brett Somers.

I thought there was an unofficial moratorium on queens impersonating another queen on Snatch Game after Trixie's disastrous portrayal of Ru, but maybe it'll be back in place after Angeria's attempt to impersonate Tammie Brown.

by Anonymousreply 248March 12, 2022 4:14 PM

Snatch Game was killed - the investigation continues......

by Anonymousreply 249March 12, 2022 4:14 PM

Do these queens even get the "snatch" joke?

by Anonymousreply 250March 12, 2022 4:24 PM

These cunts have zero gay history references. They don't know Expose? One of the biggest girl groups of their time. Gays worshipped them and no one knows of them? Ru was correct. She needs to retire. How are these braindead queens going to know Brett Sommers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 12, 2022 5:04 PM

R251, As soon as Ru asked the question I already knew the answer...they know NOTHING!! Too funny! They didn't know who El Debarge was, so why would they know Expose?

by Anonymousreply 252March 12, 2022 5:15 PM

Drew could have been hilarious. She took her shirt off on David Letterman, hung out with Cortney Love, made tons of movies, married 3x badly. Was on a zombie show. Was at studio 54 and doing drugs as a kid. It goes on and on. It seems like Willow only knew Drew from her talk show, which is boring and terrible, plus whoever is dressing Drew hates her.

by Anonymousreply 253March 12, 2022 5:28 PM

R244 How do you make Bernadette Peters funny?

Be Andrea Martin doing Bernadette Peters on "Farm Film Blow Up"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 12, 2022 5:52 PM

They should just kill Snatch Game.

Everyone on Season 14 was born after 1990 so they're young Millennials or first wave Gen Z.

They grew up totally in a world of cable TV and the Internet and have zero attention span and zero interest in anything that came before them. So their pop culture reference is ONLY to things they know about, which ain't much.

Yes, I'm old but it's true...people born before 1970 are far more likely to know about a greater range of things than later gens because we really had no option. We were exposed to pop culture that existed before we were born because our entertainment options were fewer. We had 4 channels to watch and books and records and magazines and that's it.

If you were born after 1970, then cable TV came into play, with far more options. Then video games completely took over the mindset of young America and then comic book/geek shit took over. If they can't do copyrighted characters, I'm guessing this is why Snatch Game now sucks...because World of Wonder won't let them do Spiderman or Dark Knight or Legend of Zelda "impersonations" they struggle to find a character to play since that's all they know.

by Anonymousreply 255March 12, 2022 6:06 PM

Jan did Bernadette Peters and she did it quite well. Willow should have gone obvious with Eddie Munster as a bitter old queen ala Lesley Jordan in Will and Grace. Just think of something really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 256March 12, 2022 6:15 PM

Season 13 was no better.

by Anonymousreply 257March 12, 2022 6:15 PM

Jasmine should have played Betsy DeVos as a foul-mouthed old drunk.

by Anonymousreply 258March 12, 2022 6:22 PM

r258 or an aggresive lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 259March 12, 2022 7:07 PM

R255 - I think the point is they don’t seem to “get” the point of snatch game. Even if they don’t have the same cultural reference as the elder gays here (including me), doesn’t mean they don’t have others they could lambaste. They’re always just so literal in what they do. Plus, they all know they have to do Snatch Game - so do some damn research.

by Anonymousreply 260March 12, 2022 7:11 PM

Never say never, R230.

by Anonymousreply 261March 12, 2022 7:13 PM

I’m the one who brought up Brett Sommers. I know most of them don’t know her, but how hard is it to get in YouTube and watch a bunch of her on Match Game there? Just watching the original might inform you of what Ru likes. The goal is to make Ru laugh so find something you know she will laugh at. Brett would be perfect if someone just took the time to research her and prep a little.

by Anonymousreply 262March 12, 2022 7:25 PM

I also think with regards to the Snatch Game, it's not even really about being of that "generation" who watched the show originally. I know a ton of "elder" millennials who watched Match Game, What's My Line, etc. reruns on GSN. I don't think the younger generations of the show even have THAT experience.

Before the episode aired I watched a few Purse First Impressions episodes and Manila Luzon is 100% right about what's wrong with the Snatch Game: it's tired, the girls are running out of celebrities, judges don't know "modern" references, etc. It's ridiculous to expect the queens to do Brett Somers, but a smart queen would do her. Furthermore, I think drag as we know it today has little to nothing to do with the "female impersonation" aspect of it's past, so who gives a shit if a queen can impersonate Avril Lavigne or not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 12, 2022 7:26 PM

They chose people that are not funny in real life (with the exception of Tammie Brown, but that was a bad impersonation). That was the first mistake. Then they did not know how to make them funny. Finally, they completely missed the mark in their acting and answers besides Deja, who just went overly broad for easy laughs.

by Anonymousreply 264March 12, 2022 7:44 PM

Deja and Bosco are the only two left who can do "comedy." The other ones are pretty, dancing or oddball queens.

by Anonymousreply 265March 12, 2022 7:48 PM

Oh god, I just remembered when Nina West did Joanne Worley on Snatch Game. *shudder*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266March 12, 2022 7:50 PM

I'm still shocked at the awful choices of Bosco and Willow...why didn't they have backup characters to discuss with RuPaul? Isn't it best to come prepared with at least 2 or 3 characters? A complete fail on so many levels...

by Anonymousreply 267March 12, 2022 7:56 PM

When Ru said she previously worked with Drew for an entire summer, Willow should have played it off as Drew’s short term memory loss her character had in 50 First Dates.

by Anonymousreply 268March 12, 2022 7:57 PM

Yes, doing a bit of research on their character would've solved that problem r268...that was egg on Willow's face.

by Anonymousreply 269March 12, 2022 8:03 PM

I'd love to see a seasoned comedy queen do one of the following:

• Tallulah Bankhead

• Carol Burnett as Blossom Butterworth, Ru's favorite character from her show

• Cheri Oteri's Barbara Walters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270March 12, 2022 8:19 PM

It seem like more of the successful "winners" of Snatch Game are the ones who do men- Paul Lynde, Little Richard, Lil' Jon, Donald Trump.

I'm surprised nobody has done Prince. Or if they had, I don't remember it.

by Anonymousreply 271March 12, 2022 9:46 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot, Blu's Austin Power/Dr. Evil

by Anonymousreply 272March 12, 2022 9:47 PM

I don't think they're winning because they choose men, but because they choose celebrities (who happen to be men) with HUGE personalities. I mean, for fuck's sake... Ilana Glazer??

by Anonymousreply 273March 12, 2022 10:14 PM

The level of comedy of Snatch game is honestly not that high, but usually there are 2-3 decent performances and this time there was literally only one.

So many queens overthink snatch game, it's just trying to be funny. You can literally do whatever you want as long as it gets laughs. It doesn't matter if it is a good impersonation.

by Anonymousreply 274March 12, 2022 10:37 PM

Improv is hard. I have seen the Second City at least 10 times and even when they are good, it falls more into the 'clever' category than the 'funny' category. Add to this that the amateur contestants have to do improv and celeb impersonations, and it's a recipe for terrible performances, which they are far more often than they are not.

Ben De La Creme's Dowager Countess is one of the best, and even so, "We originated the language!" isn't haha-funny; it was just in character and witty.

Tatianna's Britney was both in character and funny.

95 percent of all the performances have been hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 275March 12, 2022 10:46 PM

Willow Pill should have done JonBenet Ramsay - it’s dark and totally 90s baby just like her drag. It’s even Colorado.

Angeria was born to do Jackee, who by the way, would be an idiot-proof snatch game character.

Instead of trying to dramatize Devos’ terrible policies, all Jasmine needed to do was land a “Reading is what? Fundamentalist!” joke and then do a bit where Betsy doesn’t want to show her “homework” to Ru and eventually outs herself as illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 276March 12, 2022 11:08 PM

How to do DeVos. No jokes about policies, just about her being a bigoted idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 12, 2022 11:13 PM

R275 I've always thought Snatch Game and the other improv challenges would go so much better if they were able to get a celebrity comedian from UCB/Second City/whatever to do an improv warm up with the girls. But there's probably a reason why they haven't done that.

by Anonymousreply 278March 12, 2022 11:15 PM

Great ideas, R276. Willow as Jon Benet is inspired. Really tasteless and dark.

Angeria had nothing down about Tammie Brown. Tammie is psychotic and scary. Not cute at all. Jackee would have suited Angeria's lovable fun, politely naughty personality so much better.

I applaud Jasmine actually. I don't think she should go home for attempting Betsy - at least she had a voice and a character. The edit kind of sank her.

Bosco had Goop's snotty superior expression D O W N. But he couldn't satirize her. Too bad - because she's doable.

I've never heard of Brett Somers and someone should give that a rest. She wasn't a star in her own time - hardly worth parodying now. Bendela just barely pulled off Paul Lynde.

Jorgeous looked great. As always. Go home.

by Anonymousreply 279March 12, 2022 11:23 PM

And.....Chloe Fineman nails and coffins Drew Barrymore. I marvel at you....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280March 12, 2022 11:29 PM

Princess Di would have been my choice for Lady Camden - famously soft-spoken but with that 80’s prime time soap opera heroine quality that Camden nailed in the Daytona Winds.

I think the trick with GOOP is that she is blithely unaware of how insufferable she is. You can’t play her as some mean girl telling everyone she’s better than them or trying to unload product a la HSN, she serenely operates on the principle that the just as the sun rises in the east, it has been ordained that’s she better than you and she’s letting you buy her $500 rose quartz vagina plugs out of noblesse oblige.

by Anonymousreply 281March 12, 2022 11:53 PM

Paltrow would have been a lot better had Bosco not sounded exactly like Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 282March 13, 2022 2:25 AM

Lady Camden's Beethoven... sorry, William Shakespeare was horrible. Design, costume, presentation and "jokes". It's not that doing historical figures can't work, I personally loved Rose's Mary, Queen of Scots from a few seasons ago. But like the others this past episode, Lady Camden simply wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 283March 13, 2022 2:39 AM

And those runway looks - Willow as a mushroom and Lady Camden as a Spice Girls mishmash??

by Anonymousreply 284March 13, 2022 2:41 AM

A BIG thank you to Bianca Del Rio! She speaks the truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 13, 2022 3:43 AM

Terrible performances but also… terrible RUNWAY. Category is “Holy” so you go with… fungus? Spice Girls? WHATEVER THE FUCK DEJA WAS WEARING?!

I wish the judges would just get cunty since the contestants defacto aren’t allowed to be.

“Deja Skye: You are a winner baby. … … … But! Because of that GODAWFUL RUNWAY you forfeit your prize and are up for elimination.”

That hair. And that dumb bitch judge telling her she looked MET Gala? They read Camden for her cheap Spice Girls look but didn’t tear Deja to shreds? Puh-lease.

And then… no elimination? Terrible episode all around.

by Anonymousreply 286March 13, 2022 4:45 AM

[quote] I wish the judges would just get cunty since the contestants defacto aren’t allowed to be.

Please don't bring defacto into this!

by Anonymousreply 287March 13, 2022 7:37 AM

R286 Deja is not up for elimination.

by Anonymousreply 288March 13, 2022 8:19 AM

R286 According to Willow Pill the prompt the queens got when they were preparing was "things you worship" not *holy*.

by Anonymousreply 289March 13, 2022 8:36 AM

It's time for Willow Pill to hobble on home.

by Anonymousreply 290March 13, 2022 8:47 AM

Baga Chipz as Kathy Bates playing her character from Misery and Blu Hydrangea as Mike Myers on the Drag Race UK vs the world recently were funny. I just don’t understand the queens who completely and utterly bomb. Ru says it every season… make it funny and make me laugh. That is the criteria. Nothing more, nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 291March 13, 2022 9:44 AM

I really wanted the camera to pan back to Ru with Baga behind him in a stalkery way, but no, she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 292March 13, 2022 12:19 PM

I know R288. That’s what I wish would have happened because Deja looked like fucking ass.

Photo proof. Tweet sentiment is NOT my own ugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293March 13, 2022 1:31 PM

So because they underperformed in Snatch Game the punishment is...no one gets eliminated and they all get to do another episode? So absurd, man VH1 must gave ordered a lot of episodes because they are stretching this season out. One elimination has happened in four episodes, this is a franchise record.

by Anonymousreply 294March 13, 2022 2:04 PM

Just give them all a participation crown and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 295March 13, 2022 2:08 PM

So this means they have to eliminate 3 or 4 of them next show?

by Anonymousreply 296March 13, 2022 2:23 PM

I don't think Manilla is right. Look at Lemon on Canada. She did Jojo Siwa and most of the judges didn't know who that was but after her performance, they wanted to. Eureka did Honey Boo Boo, Gigi Goode did Maria the Robot that was so fucking random but funny. You just don't get a ton of drag queens who have that kind of talent or mind. As much as I love Willow, I think she thought OH I look like her and sound like her it will be funny.

by Anonymousreply 297March 13, 2022 2:32 PM

R296 if only.

Jasmine is working my last nerve. Dya Betty's delusion is scary......and Bosco's face is scary. I wonder how Kornbread would be doing if he was still there?

by Anonymousreply 298March 13, 2022 6:19 PM

Really, no one has mentioned Jinkx's divine performance as Lil Edie, probably the best Snatch Game performance ever?

And, Ru's advice is ridiculous. "Be Funny!" isn't easy for most people who just aren't very good at it.

The show's insistence that a good drag queen must be funny, and be able to lip sync, and be able to sing live, and be a great host, and have a great look but be able to constantly CHANGE their look, is ridiculous.

Ru herself isn't really that side splittingly funny. She's not a good lip syncer and her live singing is pretty dire...which is why she never does it; bitch is a recording studio queen, not a live performance queen. She has ONE great look (like most performers). She is a very good host, however.

by Anonymousreply 299March 13, 2022 7:16 PM

It's a bad season. The Mighty Wind was the highlight and it was highly edited. The state of the wigs and costuming is back at season 4 level. These are broke queens and as much as people bitch about it on DL, they are a let down from people like Aquaria, Gigi, Symone or Trinity the Tuck who came with the $$$ DRAG.

Angie and Willow have fully realized Drag, but it's still on the homemade side. I can't see anyone but Anjeria winning at this point and she is going to need a few great weeks to do it. Willow has the same opportunity but her trajectory is downwards.

I agree that Ru saying "Be Funny" is stupid. He, Michelle Ross and Carson are not exactly funny.

Funny people are funny. Baga is funny. Jimbo is funny. Bob the Drag Queen (ugh) IS funny. Bianca is funny. Alaska is funny. Pandora is funny. Bimini's Katie Price was funny. The Vivien's Donald Trump was genius. Tatianna had the best ad lib one liners of all time on Snatch Game. I don't know how that happened. Alyssa Edwards is accidentally funny.

Aquaria and Gigi and Bendela won Snatch Game by preparing a character and coming up with some good lines. They are not comedians but they PREPARED to win the game.

Season 14 queens are boring and dumb. (except Angeria)

by Anonymousreply 300March 13, 2022 7:24 PM

r300, remember that all these queens are rebounding from a 2 year no/very little work hiatus- remember RPDR UK queens coming back from filming, and a lot of them had to sell their costumes and then try to fabricate more at a loss? We know some of these queens will be getting well paying gigs after the exposure, even if they don't place well.

by Anonymousreply 301March 13, 2022 7:29 PM

Angeria is probably my favorite this season, but she feels like someone pulled Jaida Essence Hall out of the oven a few minutes too early.

Bosco is too chilly and “well, actually” for me. Her edgelord fashion panty drag is almost as basic as Jorgeous’.

Speaking of Jorgeous, does she remind anyone else of John Leguizamo in To Wong Foo? It’s all I can think of when I watch her. Miss Chi Chi would have been a perfect Snatch Game character for her. She could have even used that wig.

Jasmine really should have come up in the Haus of Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 302March 13, 2022 7:55 PM

Ru is comfortable in his skin, witty and quick on his feet, good at that type of volleying. More than you can say about a lot of contestants that have passed through. Think people really take him for granted. Of course he can't do stand up but that skillset works well for Snatch Game.

[quote]And, Ru's advice is ridiculous. "Be Funny!" isn't easy for most people who just aren't very good at it.

But it is the right advice. So many queens come into the show wanting to do celebrities they like or celebrities that they look like, when none of that shit matters. The only point is what I can do that will make people laugh.

by Anonymousreply 303March 13, 2022 8:00 PM

Ru Paul is not witty. Wit takes more intelligence. He has become a bit funnier over time in a gay dad joke kind of way. But the majority of his lines are fed to him through an earpiece.

Who says Canadian's ain't funny? Season one of Canada's Snatch Game and UK's were both better than any season on the Mother Ship Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 13, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote] The show's insistence that a good drag queen must be funny, and be able to lip sync, and be able to sing live, and be a great host, and have a great look but be able to constantly CHANGE their look, is ridiculous.

I thought they all just had to be able to do splits.

by Anonymousreply 305March 13, 2022 8:23 PM

[quote] But the majority of his lines are fed to him through an earpiece.

But he delivers them. And well.

by Anonymousreply 306March 13, 2022 8:33 PM

RuPaul is overexposed and that always causes a backlash, including underestimation of talent.

I agree his singing and dancing are not spectacular. He's very much like Cher and Madonna though in the sense of being a stellar natural entertainer whose charisma outweighs limitations.

He uses the same expressions and punchlines all the time and so the luster has worn thin, but he has a quick wit and a contagious laugh, forced as it may be. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of both Old Hollywood and the music business. His podcast was a revelation to me. It made me respect his knowledge base, including not only names of stars and their movies and songs and albums but also producers, directors and a lot of technical knowhow.

He's incredibly learned in the entertainment field—something that has clearly served him well and which isn't really taught anywhere formally.

A lot of the challenges feature dead air because the contestants don't know what to say or do. RuPaul never lets dead air happen unless he is doing it for effect.

A good number of the contestants can sing or memorize choreography or are very skinny with fashion-y clothes, but only a few have the polished performative dynamism that can rival RuPaul's. I know people will attack me for my choices, but I'd put Bob, Bianca, Jinkx, Chad, Trixie, Bianca, Raja, Trinity and maybe Heidi (yep) into that category. Not based on how they look or their specific talents but just because of how they seem unflustered, confident and quick witted with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 307March 13, 2022 8:35 PM

I want Deja to win the whole thing now, but I know she probably won’t. She should’ve had 2 wins in a row and of course she was overlooked last week even though her shoulder pads blew everyone away in the category and she was a phenomenal moderator. So tired of skinny queens like Bosco getting away with basic shit and still winning the challenge (her looks have gotten so repetitive and basic) while the bigger queens get looked over or are more harshly criticized.

by Anonymousreply 308March 13, 2022 8:40 PM

As time goes on - Bianca really is the Queen of the Queens. Her new show is selling out huge venues - she still speaks her mind AND remains professional as hell. Calls the other girls out as she sees fit.

On this week's Pit Stop she put Monet through the shade ringer and it was fucking funny.

Bianca also said that you have to know what you're good at and stick to that. If you can't sing or dance, don't release music. Ha.

RuPaul should take HER advice - about acting and dancing and doing "comedy"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 13, 2022 9:07 PM

This week's Pit Stop was hilarious. Bianca is so funny and talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 13, 2022 9:47 PM

Now imagine this - Lip sync loloapolooza. Random pair lipsync winner is safe loser lipsyncs against next random draw until two are left. The winner is safe loser is out ...UNLESS - they have the golden bar...can you imagine? three weeks of these same eight?

by Anonymousreply 311March 14, 2022 2:09 AM

R311

I can imagine that actually happening lol. I honestly have a hard time seeing any of them going home next episode. Jasmine, Camden and Jorgeous are great at lip syncs. Angeria, Willow, and Bosco are front runners. Daya is the only one really bringing the drama. I really don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 312March 14, 2022 2:18 AM

RuPauo IS funny

Her going to Angeria’s terrible Tammie Brown “Thank you Wanda Sykes”?

I lol’d

by Anonymousreply 313March 14, 2022 4:02 AM

Somebody is doing DRAG. With Earrings. Not a BOATNECK!!

I am not Bianca's biggest fan, but as time goes on....Bianca and Jinkx and Heidi and Trinity and Kennedy and Alexis make me appreciate the drag QUEENS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 14, 2022 6:35 AM

[quote]A good number of the contestants can sing or memorize choreography or are very skinny with fashion-y clothes, but only a few have the polished performative dynamism that can rival RuPaul's. I know people will attack me for my choices, but I'd put Bob, Bianca, Jinkx, Chad, Trixie, Bianca, Raja, Trinity and maybe Heidi (yep) into that category.

I would add Ginger Minj. Her matronly drag makes her look 57 instead of 37, but she's funny, quick on her feet, and a talented singer.

by Anonymousreply 315March 14, 2022 9:08 AM

[quote]Bosco is too chilly and “well, actually” for me. Her edgelord fashion panty drag is almost as basic as Jorgeous’.

Dead at "edgelord fashion panty drag"

by Anonymousreply 316March 14, 2022 9:11 AM

Ginger Minj has been touring with a production of La Cage Aux Folles that recently opened in Chicago area. Both she and the production have earned rave reviews.

I'm not surprised. I saw Ginger's drag act in Ptown last summer and she was fabulous. Among other things, the bitch can really sing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317March 14, 2022 1:27 PM

Sadly, RPDR seems to be edging away from truly talented, live performers to dull scene queens that are only good at social media.

by Anonymousreply 318March 14, 2022 10:41 PM

Wasn't the biggest fan of Ginger Minj during S7 or AS2, but she absolutely should have won All Stars 6. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 319March 14, 2022 10:47 PM

It would be very sad if Deja is the first "big" girl winner. Ginger or Eureka should have won that title already.

Yes, it's tokenism. That's what RuPaul's Drag Race has been crowning since season 7.

Both Ginger and Eureka DESERVED to win. That's the T.

Don't crown Deja to compensate or Willow just because she's a DYING cripple. They've never had a dying cripple winner before!

by Anonymousreply 320March 15, 2022 6:31 AM

R320 Isn't Yvie a dying cripple?

by Anonymousreply 321March 15, 2022 6:43 AM

No Yvie is just a cripple. She will become more incapacitated with time. And will maybe die before full life expectancy. But she can live into her sixties or longer.

She is Willow's Drag Cousin or Aunt or Sister or something that keeps Yvie feeling young. Willow is not likely to live out a normal life span - not at all. She's gonna need a lot of luck and kidneys. That's not funny. But neither is it inspirational. And to be honest, Yvie IS more talented than Willow. One token crown should do for both of them.

Fat girls die young too. Give the damn crown to Eureka. Every one knows she beat Aquaria in that finale lip sync.

I love the crippled drag queens, but ever since I saw how some fame and the fast life accelerated Chi Chi's condition AND her lack of attention to it - I don't applaud crowning such contestants as winners. Drag Race is exploitational.

Besides, Willow isn't THAT good. Not yet.

by Anonymousreply 322March 15, 2022 6:58 AM

Deja is in no danger of winning the crown this season....

by Anonymousreply 323March 15, 2022 7:25 AM

R320

Tokenism? What? Deja has been slaying the other queens in this competition for weeks now. I think she’s worthy of the crown.

by Anonymousreply 324March 15, 2022 12:20 PM

Hi Deja!

by Anonymousreply 325March 15, 2022 12:24 PM

No R324. She’s barely scraping by, every single appearance on the runway by her has been cheap trash, and she only “won” Snatch Game because everyone else was fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 326March 15, 2022 1:11 PM

R326

“Barely scraping by”? What? Are we watching the same show? She’s been in the top for several weeks, and she should’ve won the previous week too for acing her role as moderator and being the only one to serve the shoulder pads category.

by Anonymousreply 327March 15, 2022 1:32 PM

Also, she was amazing in the girl groups. I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 328March 15, 2022 2:00 PM

That's because Deja choreographed the group and put herself front and center.

by Anonymousreply 329March 15, 2022 2:07 PM

Which was smart, R329.

by Anonymousreply 330March 15, 2022 2:09 PM

True. But let's not pretend that Deja is just oozing with star quality.

by Anonymousreply 331March 15, 2022 2:15 PM

I think Deja is a contender. Willow and Angeria seem to be on downward trajectories. But they could all wind up final 3.

by Anonymousreply 332March 15, 2022 3:35 PM

Isn’t it obvious to everyone after the last episode that Bosco is going to win this season?

And expect Willow to pull that golden ticket from her chocolate bar…possibly even this week.

by Anonymousreply 333March 15, 2022 3:44 PM

I really don’t like Bosco. It’s the same slutty look every runway. Seen it all before. Especially after watching Drag Race Italia months ago I saw a queen who did a very similar ass out dress look as her.

by Anonymousreply 334March 15, 2022 3:49 PM

And Carson calling Bosco’s Holy runway look “elevated” was a joke. It looked just like her look for the shoulder pad category the previous week

by Anonymousreply 335March 15, 2022 3:54 PM

Whatever happened to titties? Each season we see fewer and fewer titties.

Are the Gen Z drag queens unable to put on a bra and stuff it, or wear a breastplate?

by Anonymousreply 336March 15, 2022 5:39 PM

R336 The cast of DRUK have purchased all the breastplates, I think.

by Anonymousreply 337March 15, 2022 5:58 PM

I agree Boscos runways recently have all been a bra and panties, getting bored.

Deja just doesn't have that X factor, can't see her winning. The first C in CUNT is for charisma.

by Anonymousreply 338March 15, 2022 8:04 PM

R338

I don’t agree. She has the X-Factor for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 16, 2022 2:01 AM

We have a Deja stan?

by Anonymousreply 340March 16, 2022 2:04 AM

Deja's runway for Snatch Game was very first time in drag. She was lucky the rest were so bad.

by Anonymousreply 341March 16, 2022 2:08 AM

I knew right away (unlike the tired haters) that Deja was gonna be a force in this competition. She DID THAT in front of Ms Alicia Keys. Phenomenal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 16, 2022 2:35 AM

Deja would be forth eliminated on most seasons. She's actually quite talented, but her runways are worse than bad and she never seems fully AWAKE. I hope she's not dying too?

by Anonymousreply 343March 16, 2022 2:43 AM

It's sad that we've got to the point where someone as mediocre as Deja is a top contender and that someone is embarrassingly stanning a drag queen of barely standard abilities.

by Anonymousreply 344March 16, 2022 3:09 AM

EXACTLY R344

by Anonymousreply 345March 16, 2022 3:28 AM

[quote]I really don’t like Bosco. It’s the same slutty look every runway. Seen it all before. Especially after watching Drag Race Italia months ago I saw a queen who did a very similar ass out dress look as her.

Elecktra Bionic, the first winner in the franchise who never won a single challenge, right? She's beautiful, but her whole aesthetic is looking like a ho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 16, 2022 4:33 AM

Deja’s “Fallin’” lip sync is the best of this season so far.

by Anonymousreply 347March 16, 2022 7:30 PM

Well, again, the intel is Deja is NOT in the Final 3.

I don't think she even makes it to the Final 5.

by Anonymousreply 348March 17, 2022 1:15 AM

Why are you obsessed about posting spoilers r348?

by Anonymousreply 349March 17, 2022 4:02 AM

To shut up the stupid Deja Troll.

by Anonymousreply 350March 17, 2022 7:52 AM

Also: it tickles me.

by Anonymousreply 351March 17, 2022 7:53 AM

Bosco may be trans, but this Drag Race Season reads man in dress, or man in thong and pasties. "Edgelord Panty Drag" is perfection for Bosco of Seattle.

I liked Bosco at the beginning, Willow, and Angeria. Now I like the latter 2, though their snatches were awful. Angeria does really remind me of a more polished Chi Chi, (rest in peace sweet country queen), with better clothes.

I really dislike Crystal Method II, Deja moved up a little for me 2 weeks ago, when she was robbed. That Chanel Shoulders look was Camp perfection.

Wasn't Lawrence Cheney a fat winner?

by Anonymousreply 352March 17, 2022 8:18 AM

Yeah, Dya has none of the sweetness or childlike wonder that Crystal had. Crystal had fun, and it seemed wasn't really about winning- Dya is just a bitter jealous grasping baby.

I'm going to be working with someone from older seasons soon, I will report how she was.

by Anonymousreply 353March 17, 2022 1:15 PM

The very first big-gurl winner in the franchise was Natalia Pliacam of Thailand S1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 17, 2022 2:40 PM

Past queens like Joslyn Fox and Naomi Smalls were called out for wearing underwear on the runway every week. Let's see if Bosco does it again to see whether or not she's truly getting a pass.

I don't think Deja's makeup has been critiqued yet either, but it should be.

by Anonymousreply 355March 17, 2022 2:51 PM

R334/R346, Farida Kant was robbed. She gave us one of the biggest runway gags in all of the Drag Race universe.

Their producers also did Enorma Jean dirty by expelling her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 17, 2022 3:56 PM

I stopped watching a while back. It's the same shit, different day. And these queens are so annoying. Now it's all about being trans? Ok.

And how the fuck can you screw up Snatch Game????? It's the only challenge you know will be on every single season. If anything, it's the one challenge every single queen would bring their A-game to. But nope, not this year.

BORING!!

by Anonymousreply 357March 17, 2022 4:06 PM

R357, these queens don’t have an A game to bring. They’re Famewhores with no perspective beyond recycled Laganja quotes.

by Anonymousreply 358March 17, 2022 4:18 PM

[quote]And how the fuck can you screw up Snatch Game?

As Willow said in the last episode, Snatch Game is deceptively hard. You have to embody the character while making Ru laugh and volleying/improvising/interacting instead of just reciting catchphrases.

I agree that the queens need to prepare better. Just as queens who can't sew should sign up for classes, they should take a stand-up/improv class if they're not good at comedy.

by Anonymousreply 359March 17, 2022 4:25 PM

DAYA BETTY IS A FANTASTIC CUNT STOP WITH YOUR BASIC JUDGEMENTS

without her being such a beautiful cunty narratress the season would have 0 spice, like a bowl of plain Quaker Oats (but self-identifies as Cinnamon Toast Crunch)

by Anonymousreply 360March 17, 2022 5:22 PM

No, r360. It's about Karma, seeing an unpleasant queen being sent home, not kept around to be annoying and creepy. I was so happy when they sent Kandy Moose home, but then, for some reason I will never understand, Ru saved her, ruining the rest of that horrible season.

by Anonymousreply 361March 17, 2022 8:45 PM

R361

Because they need entertainment. It’s not that difficult to get. Producers love the Kandys and Dayas because they’re made for reality TV and keep the show interesting and keep people talking.

It is crazy that Kandy made top 2 because of Rosé‘s injury.

by Anonymousreply 362March 17, 2022 9:36 PM

R361, they never sent Kandy Moose home. She was at the damn finale.

by Anonymousreply 363March 17, 2022 10:44 PM

I can't decide of Jasmine herself is annoying or it's just her voice. There is something so irritating about the way she speaks, but I can't put my finger on what irritates me when she speaks. She doesn't enunciate or something, it's weird.

Here's the sneak peak for tomorrow's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364March 17, 2022 11:34 PM

^ I like Jasmine even more now for calling out Daya Betty's passive aggressive bullshit "No Offense." Daya says that all the time before she insults you. Daya claims to love Jasmine, but you can tell he HATES her. Haha.

'Park and Bark."I love that terminology that Angeria gives her lip sync style! Wear a gorgeous gown, stand still and emote your ass off to a beautiful ballad.

by Anonymousreply 365March 18, 2022 12:23 AM

I think Jasmine is sweet at the end of the day. Daya is always harping on the others... sucks.. but good for TV!

by Anonymousreply 366March 18, 2022 12:37 AM

Yeah I've come to really Jasmine. She can laugh at herself which is an endearing trait.

by Anonymousreply 367March 18, 2022 2:28 AM

Thanks r364. I watched about two minutes of that.

I now remember why I gave up on this show 4 or 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 368March 18, 2022 7:56 AM

Deja is delighted in the preview and it's kind of great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 18, 2022 4:40 PM

^ sorry.. forgot the preview was already posted!

by Anonymousreply 370March 18, 2022 4:42 PM

Kornbread says her run as a RuGirl is done. Supposedly she's been blacklisted by WOW after refusing to sign the Voss Events contract that the other S14 queens signed; I think the drama with Cynthia Lee Fontaine on Twitter also hurt her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 18, 2022 4:53 PM

My understanding is Victoria Scone isn't coming back to Drag Race UK either.

Think they have decided to stop bringing back these girls that injure themselves.

by Anonymousreply 372March 18, 2022 5:18 PM

I’m glad that the automatic return for injured queens isn’t a thing anymore. Lots of miscalculations send these queens home. If you slam your five hundred pound body on the ground and break something, that’s on you. If you can’t walk in heels in a drag competition without shattered your knee or ankle, that’s on you. You don’t get to get a hero’s exit or an automatic return to All Stars like that obese failed actress who is trying to rebrand herself as a female drag queen and WOW is kissing the ass of to pander to their frau following.

It’s also not fair because they get the hindsight of what to do better the second time around, an extra season of exposure, and experience the other girls have. It’s almost a benefit to get medevac’d off the show.

by Anonymousreply 373March 18, 2022 5:26 PM

According to a rumor at r/RPDRDrama, Kornbread hurt her ankle before S14 but didn't disclose it to producers. If it's true, that would be another strike against her with WOW.

by Anonymousreply 374March 18, 2022 5:33 PM

The way that Jasmine course-corrected, and laughed at herself over the very inane problem of 'talking too much', and is able to be sly and shady while being sweet has won me over to her side. Plus she was fabulous in the soap opera challenge. I agree that Daya is terrible and toxic.

She's a gorgeous boy without the glasses on too.

by Anonymousreply 375March 18, 2022 5:44 PM

I only care about Willow, Bosco, Jasmine and Angeria.

Daya is toxic and Lady Camden is same same all the time.

by Anonymousreply 376March 18, 2022 6:41 PM

And Jorgeous is fine but also same same.

by Anonymousreply 377March 18, 2022 6:43 PM

Any guesses for tonight's show? Personally, I'd love to see a multi-elimination regardless how they handle the lip syncs.

by Anonymousreply 378March 18, 2022 6:45 PM

My top 4 is Deja, Camden, Angeria, and Willow.

by Anonymousreply 379March 18, 2022 7:10 PM

Has anyone seen it yet? I don’t want to spoil anything.

by Anonymousreply 380March 19, 2022 1:38 AM

ROBBED. THE BITCH WHO WENT HOME WAS ROBBED, TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 381March 19, 2022 1:44 AM

Gee. Who was surprised that Jorgeous had her ball pulled, got to pick the song and then won her lip synch?? So shocking and unexpected!!

by Anonymousreply 382March 19, 2022 1:44 AM

An entire extra episode to eliminate Jasmine, who was already the obvious next elimination. That said I still enjoyed the ep though.

Willow surprised me in her lip sync, she was in the zone.

by Anonymousreply 383March 19, 2022 1:45 AM

I wanted Jasmine to have the golden bar so Diya Betty would fucking explode.

by Anonymousreply 384March 19, 2022 2:06 AM

No offence, but here are my opinions:

Glad someone finally went home, but my main takeaway from this “very special episode” is that none of the remaining queens but Lady Camden and Willow are “cunt” when it comes to lip-syncing. I feel like production kind of tipped their hand here.

Daya is probably a perfectly serviceable bar performer - - nothing more. Unsurprisingly, Bosco can stick the landing doing edgelord panty drag pole dancer moves, but can’t click into anything resembling an emotional through-line in a lip sync. If Angeria is destined for the top 4, there can’t be a lipsyncing component to the finale because she can’t really click into anything - oof, stiff. Jorgeous is a good prancer but very anonymous.

I’ve warmed to Jasmine and her over-eager sorority rush vibe - but it was time to go, even if she probably did win a couple of those lip syncs. Happy trails, girl.

by Anonymousreply 385March 19, 2022 3:56 AM

Jasmine did win her lip syncs against both Bosco and Angeria. But it wasn't too obvious. She was going home this week. So we sat through two hours for no reason. I think Bosco should have been eliminated. Jasmine is the all round better drag queen and performer.

Bosco does have an incredible body. Is is masculine, feminized or just young, freaky and real? That homely masculine face and completely perfect body for female illusion - the way Violet was?

I wouldn't discount Jorgeous as a contender. He's far from anonymous. He's phenomenal at what he does. I don't think anyone on that show has ever communicated what she does. It might just be time for a pure stage performer and joyful human being to win? Jorgeous is amazing.

Willow is so sexy in her slutty lip sync drag. That boy isn't totally crippled yet. There's some muscle tone in those arms and sexy legs. I love his wigs. They are what Raja used to call Rock n Roll. Wild and loose and probably not too expensive. Like Tina Turner used to wear. SEXY.

Angeria is fading. Because they want her to. We got next to nothing of her and so much DEJA and BETTY tonight!?! Camden did a great number, but it was an anomaly. He's probably the best liked by the other queens - smart sweet older guy. But not a star performer.

It's still a weaker season. Not one of them are a star.

Beyonce finally okayed some tracks. This week and last. Yay! She's the highlight of Season 14.

by Anonymousreply 386March 19, 2022 5:54 AM

Diya Betty should have went home.

by Anonymousreply 387March 19, 2022 6:15 AM

That was a great episode!! I’m so tired of the acting challenges, the snatch game and the same old rusicals they do every season.

I was so nervous and thought I’d be sick if Bosco went home. She’s my favorite to win. I’m also super glad Willow and Camden made it through. They, along with Angeria should be top 4.

But how the hell did Jasmine lose three lip syncs? She’s one of the strongest lip syncers around! It’s like watching Alyssa Edwards perform!

Really a missed opportunity to send Daya Betty home. She’s so bitter that I can’t believe she’s any relation to Crystal Methyd. Sure, they have the same makeup, but she’s such a cunt! Crystal Methyd was pure happiness and hippy joy! Daya Betty seems more like she’d be from the house of Acid Betty.

by Anonymousreply 388March 19, 2022 6:55 AM

I loved that they lip synced to Swept Away at the end. I wore that record out lip syncing to it when it came out. I really didn't know the Luther Vandross or Beyonce songs and I barely knew the En Vogue song.

by Anonymousreply 389March 19, 2022 7:06 AM

^ you white, huh?

by Anonymousreply 390March 19, 2022 7:15 AM

Jasmine DIDN'T lose three lip syncs. That's why the episode was shite.

by Anonymousreply 391March 19, 2022 7:20 AM

If the end game was to send Jasmine home, and yes she was the easiest and least controversial pick out of the seven to go, then they probably should have just sent her home last week, or the week before when they did the double shantay. Yes, it would have been suspicious to have Jorgeous beat her then, but would that have been more suspicious than Jasmine losing three lip syncs in a row? Probably not.

Seven girls left, so how many episodes until the finale? Three? Or four I guess since the gold bar has yet to come into play. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 392March 19, 2022 7:29 AM

[quote]Jasmine DIDN'T lose three lip syncs. That's why the episode was shite

I agree, r391. When I said she lost three lip syncs at r388, I meant to imply she was cheated out of three lip syncs.

by Anonymousreply 393March 19, 2022 9:34 AM

[quote]Seven girls left, so how many episodes until the finale?

32. They’re gonna bring every eliminated queen back to lip sync for a spot back in the competition and every lip sync will be a double Shantay and each episode will end on a cliff hanger and a be a two parter. At least that’s what it feels like.

by Anonymousreply 394March 19, 2022 9:45 AM

The kids on Reddit are always complaining about the show being rigged and this was the most blatant. Several of those lip sync wins were totally contrary to what we saw on screen. That Willow and Bosco lip sync was awful and Willow had a minuscule lead, if any. Of course the show was pushing all these testimonials from Willow like she was destroying the lip sync and it would just cut to her softly strumming an air guitar and glaring at Ru.

I’m over Willow at this point. She was an exciting underdog early in the season until she became a frontrunner. As a frontrunner, her schtick isn’t that impressive.

If this was an authentic lip sync competition, Bosco would’ve gone home. This is a challenge that requires authentic drag talent and you can’t slither your way out of it by being smug about gender theory. The fact that Camden is still there is ridiculous. She’s basically what would happen if you programmed a robot to do Drag Race.

Jasmine was obnoxious and very Reddit, but that bitch won every lip sync she competed in last night and shouldn’t have gone home.

by Anonymousreply 395March 19, 2022 10:58 AM

Daya Betty’s face is giving me SHANNEL lately. I guess it takes 10+ years for her face to filter down into the heartland.

I liked the format.

Jeorgeous and Willow are overpraised, which is becoming the norm. But they’re Ru’s faves.

Lady Camden is the best of this bunch at this point. Her lip synch was captivating.

Ironically Deja’s runway to go sit in the back was one of her best. What a waste.

No offense but look at R375 MISGENDERING Jasmine!!! 😡 Jasmine read as desperate in all of her lip syncs which is why she couldn’t pull one out. Goodbye you goofy gal.

by Anonymousreply 396March 19, 2022 12:47 PM

I’m getting Robbie Turner vibes from Willow. Her personal tragedies are getting increasingly outlandish. I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets called out for lying about something by the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 397March 19, 2022 1:18 PM

Ru always picks the lipsyncher who seems to want it more, and that was Jasmine all 3 times. She was a bit extra, but Ru always rewards all those splits and drops. Jasmine was so going home this week no matter what. I don’t think this week was as much a result of the crappy Snatch Game as it was a plan all along to mix up the format. Jasmine wasn’t even the worst in the Snatch Game. But no way would Ru let anyone left go home over Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 398March 19, 2022 1:23 PM

Daya keeps bitching about "you two have been in the bottom a few times and blah blah blah," I want just one of them to go BITCH YOU WERE SENT HOME THE FIRST EPISODE. I am over her superiority complex. She is a bad Crystal Method clone.. Jasmine won all three of her lipsyncs...I mean not even a choice. Even Daya said it in the second one. JUst because a bitch does yoga on the stage does not save her. Jasmine was robbed.

by Anonymousreply 399March 19, 2022 1:58 PM

Camden and Betty are the two most obvious next outs, R398. Their appeal over Jasmine is negligible, especially given Jasmine’s lip syncing ability.

by Anonymousreply 400March 19, 2022 1:59 PM

I think we can assume at this point that Jorgeous is going to dance her way to the crown.

by Anonymousreply 401March 19, 2022 2:18 PM

All the stuff about how it was Jasmine's time to go. OK I guess? She was landing in the bottom a lot. Did she not have more to show us?

Jasmine can lip-sync. I honestly thought she won all three of her lip syncs. Daya Betty blocked her during RESPECT. Bosco gave us a little bit of stripper moves. Jasmine was doing tricks but she was really emoting and feeling it. When she lost to Daya I thought for sure it was a set up to have her win the next one. No way Jasmine lost all three of those lip syncs. I like how the third one she even thought to try to mix it up and be more playful. Love Angeria but she was just standing around.

by Anonymousreply 402March 19, 2022 2:19 PM

Kameron Michaels was in the bottom five timed and lip synched her way to the top 4

by Anonymousreply 403March 19, 2022 2:28 PM

Bye, Jasmine. Next time learn to keep your fucking mouth shut.

Daya Betty, get packed girl, your bus is waiting at the door. No offense.

But my biggest laugh last night was the spectacularly untalented and delusional Deja Skey sitting in the workroom saying something like: "we're all at the same place now.....we're all equal....." Get a clue, dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 404March 19, 2022 2:57 PM

Skye

by Anonymousreply 405March 19, 2022 2:58 PM

[Quote]All the stuff about how it was Jasmine's time to go. OK I guess? She was landing in the bottom a lot. Did she not have more to show us?

Everyone has more to show, but it's a competition and people need to get eliminated. I personally thought she was one of the weakest in a weak snatch game so could have just sent her home last week.

And again I give Jasmine props because she was a very good sport about the fact she was basically being forced out.

by Anonymousreply 406March 19, 2022 3:05 PM

I’m pissed Bosco didn’t go home. She gave the worst performances of the night by far.

by Anonymousreply 407March 19, 2022 7:42 PM

Maybe Daya Betty, but really don't see how Bosco and Angeria got past Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 408March 19, 2022 8:54 PM

Silky knows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 19, 2022 9:04 PM

I honestly forget about Jorgeous until she shows back up on the screen. She doesn’t register with me at all.

by Anonymousreply 410March 19, 2022 9:27 PM

Jasmine is going to come out on top of this mess. Good for her. There's no great winner of Drag Race Season 14 anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411March 19, 2022 10:19 PM

R410 BUT SHE'S BORN FOR DRAG.

by Anonymousreply 412March 19, 2022 10:21 PM

I really enjoyed Willow's and Lady C's lip syncs. I don't need death drops and flailing around every single time.

by Anonymousreply 413March 19, 2022 10:51 PM

Lady Camden’s Don’t Let Go was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 414March 19, 2022 11:01 PM

Does anyone really care what Slicky Nutsack Gonads has to say?

by Anonymousreply 415March 19, 2022 11:16 PM

Silky is hilarious. Quick witted, talented and looking pretty these days. She's also insightful and quite intelligent. Silky would be a far more deserving WINNER than anyone left on Season 14 of Drag Race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 19, 2022 11:27 PM

Silky, we all watched Season 11 r416. Let's not rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 417March 20, 2022 12:36 AM

The lipsynch episode was actually way better than the shitty rusicals and talent show. They should do one every season.

by Anonymousreply 418March 20, 2022 1:29 AM

R417 We love Silky, and adored it when she pops in.

by Anonymousreply 419March 20, 2022 1:31 AM

The only way I can see Jorgeous, who is cute but totally lacking in personality, get eliminated is by Lady Camden. Watching Lady Camden lip sync as Freddie Mercury with the whimsical slides and ballet moves was the BEST thing this season.

Otherwise she’ll lip sync her way to the crown and we’ll have another boring winner like Sasha Velour.

by Anonymousreply 420March 20, 2022 3:10 AM

Deja winning is my dream.

by Anonymousreply 421March 20, 2022 3:24 AM

It’s my nightmare. No offense.

by Anonymousreply 422March 20, 2022 3:26 AM

Full offense, R422.

by Anonymousreply 423March 20, 2022 3:59 AM

She’s being pushed to be the winner R407. If she leaves in a future episode and then comes back you’ll know for sure

by Anonymousreply 424March 20, 2022 4:28 AM

Lady Camden was pretty stunning in the Don't Let Go lipsync. She's really good at emoting, as we saw in the acting challenge. Given the right song, I don't think Jorgeous could beat her.

by Anonymousreply 425March 20, 2022 7:19 AM

Yeah, I predict a Lady Camden/Jorgeous showdown in the next episode or two. Depending on when they decide to get rid of Deja and Daya.

by Anonymousreply 426March 20, 2022 7:32 AM

Time for Dayabetty to go. Mediocre in most categories, and definitely a negative skank. As many have already stated, she is a poor imitation of Crystal Method, who is no Supastahh

by Anonymousreply 427March 20, 2022 7:38 AM

I'm no fan of Crystal Methyd. At all. She gives me Pee Wee playhouse pedophile vibes. But Daya Betty is a 6'4" MAN with face man. His baggy thrift store (too short) wedding dress with the plastic crosses pinned on it should have been the end of IT!! With his gay rolling eyes and NASTY ass attitude. Dressing like a member of KISS is not really doing DRAG to me. Crystal was at least a bit more versatile. Daya is just a big old gay misfit like Acid Betty and that other one....MILK. They don't belong in drag to me. They just can't make a living as themselves. Daya is pretty toxic and unlikable. It was obvious last night how much all the contestants love Angeria. They were so genuinely happy (and relieved) to see her return to the werkroom.

Silky Ganache for the WIN!

by Anonymousreply 428March 20, 2022 7:55 AM

* But Daya Betty is a 6'4" MAN with man face.

by Anonymousreply 429March 20, 2022 7:56 AM

Daya is no less mediocre than any of the other remaining queens.

by Anonymousreply 430March 20, 2022 8:38 AM

True. Daya is far MORE mediocre than the other remaining queens. Silky Ganache for the WIN!

by Anonymousreply 431March 20, 2022 8:44 AM

I’m not a diehard devotee. Each season, if a queen stands out in my memory, I remember them. The rest leave my mind the second they leave my screen. My first season was 5, so needless to say a lot of memorable performers. The drop off has been precipitous from there.

Season 12 was a slight uptick with Gigi Goode, Crystal Methyd, Jaida and Heidi. This season? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 432March 20, 2022 8:47 AM

Die-a-Betes is memorable. I'll remember her as being as unlikable as Phi Phi and Tyra.

by Anonymousreply 433March 20, 2022 10:52 AM

I’ll definitely remember Willow Pill after the season is over. I have a soft spot for the weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 434March 20, 2022 12:04 PM

I'm bored by Jorgeous. Yeah, she's cute, bubbly and a great dancer, but there is absolutely zero going on upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 435March 20, 2022 2:52 PM

Jorgeous falls into the Valentina/Adore Delano “baby queen who captivates Ru Paul” archetype. She is a terrific little hoofer and can sissywalk a runway like nobody’s business, but for all the hype this season is trying to build around her as a lipsyncer, she has not shown us anything approaching the two of them at their best.

by Anonymousreply 436March 20, 2022 3:17 PM

Bosco won the final lip sync. Jasmine misread the song and her camping did not work. She’ll be fine. She got to perform a lot which will help her in clubs.

by Anonymousreply 437March 20, 2022 3:26 PM

Jasmine has struggled with “understanding the assignment” for her whole run on drag race - runway looks, the drag con panel, snatch game. And her lip syncs always have a naive “hey ma! Look what I can do!” over-exuberance to them, too.

That being said, I think she’s endearing and I don’t think she’ll have to wait as long as Laganga did to become an after-the-fact fan favorite.

by Anonymousreply 438March 20, 2022 3:48 PM

This was a failure of storytelling by the show - the audience is supposed to believe that Jasmine is a good enough lipsyncer that she has stayed 3 previous times, but suddenly she can’t win 1 in 3 attempts? That said, she did legitimately lose that last one when she kept doing a “shoo”ing gesture when the lyrics “swept away” came on.

Both Angeria and Jorgeous need to learn to emote when performing - they are both completely dead-eyed. I can’t see them crowning Angeria if lipsyncing is a big part of the finale.

I think it’s Willow’s to lose, though I’d like to see Camden pull a Sasha Velour. I like Willow enough, but following her sister Yvie’s strategy of sympathy does show a lack of imagination.

by Anonymousreply 439March 20, 2022 5:50 PM

Willow is boring as fuck. He does nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 440March 20, 2022 6:27 PM

I’ll say it again. Clearly Bosco is going to win and Willow comes in second, after pulling the golden ticket in the next couple of weeks. I don’t have inside information, but I can read the way this show is edited.

by Anonymousreply 441March 20, 2022 6:30 PM

^ I think you are right. Sounds right. Bosco might flourish post show. Some better drag and new eyebrows would help. She's got a fair amount of personality and talent and style otherwise. Probably the best choice for a winner this year, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 442March 20, 2022 6:34 PM

Jasmine sealed her fate when she apparently didn't know the words to "Respect".

Either she actually didn't know the words, or she was just too busy doing flips and the splits and whatnot, that she momentarily forgot what she was doing.

Either way, I think that's what did her in. It's inexcusable. If you can't properly perform a lip sync to one of the most iconic anthems of 20th century popular music, you deserve to get sent home, no matter how well you do in your subsequent lip syncs.

I'm hoping Jorgeous is next. He looks good in drag, but there is nothing else going on there. Time to go, chica.

by Anonymousreply 443March 20, 2022 8:03 PM

It took me a long time to like Lasagna Extravaganza. I don’t know I’ll come to like Jasmine in this lifetime.

From their entries I pegged Bosco as the winner.

by Anonymousreply 444March 20, 2022 8:09 PM

R444 Unlike Laganja, Jasmine did nothing memorable on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445March 20, 2022 8:19 PM

I woudn't be so sure about Bosco winning. She seems to be on a downward trajectory. Her lipsyncing was forced and simply wrong in lots of ways, and Rupaul did not seem too impressed with her.

by Anonymousreply 446March 20, 2022 8:20 PM

RuPaul obviously loves Jorgeous and Willow (it seemed like she was going to through her panties at her during that Luther lip sync) and thinks Lady Camden has what it takes but is worried Camden doesn’t quite see it for her self yet.

Bosco was like a stripper doing karaoke after her shift up there until the final Diana Ross lip sync where slut energy worked well for the song.

by Anonymousreply 447March 20, 2022 8:29 PM

Well, NO ONE is the winner yet since it hasn't been filmed and Ru does have her ear to the door to find out what the fans want/don't want, though she has to choose between the three finalists that HAVE already been determined.

Personally, I can't WAIT for Deja to go home in the next week or two.

by Anonymousreply 448March 20, 2022 9:19 PM

Willow still seems like the star to me. I don't think he is playing up his illness for drama, either. He has a serious disease that has significantly affected the way he looks and it guarantees he won't live to 50. He could be a hell of a lot more woe-is-me dramatic about it but he just carries on with a good attitude.

Yvie has Ehler-Danlos syndrome, which is also serious and life affecting. Many people who have it die suddenly from aortic aneurysm ruptures that kill almost instantly. Yvie has hurt himself performing for the show in ways that are really unwise healthwise in order to get ahead, and I think it's a bit questionable that the series allowed him to do that but I also think it's a real show of passion and dedication and he deserves credit for having the courage to do it.

Every contestant on every reality show has "a thing" that defines them (or else they get kicked off for being generic like Jorgeous is). Anyone with an observable and serious health problem is bound to be defined by that by any TV production crew.

by Anonymousreply 449March 20, 2022 9:59 PM

R441 I agree, after seeing that last episode the producers are definitely gonna give the gold bar to Bosco - she’s a front runner but can’t lip sync for shit

by Anonymousreply 450March 20, 2022 10:24 PM

Willow came out as trans and uses they/she pronouns.

There are FIVE trans contestants this season!

Kormbread, Keri, Jasmine, Willow, and Bosco!

by Anonymousreply 451March 20, 2022 10:27 PM

Everytime they unwrap the dumb chocolate bar I remember the season when RuPaul was endlessly hawking his RuPaul chocolate bar. It was such a strange product to push. Who would want drag queen candy? Was he hoping to make it a mainstay at grocery stores, convenience stores and vending machines? Or did he just get a good deal on a container shipment of unlabeled chocolate bars from China and decide to mark them up?

by Anonymousreply 452March 20, 2022 10:33 PM

RuPaul Chocolate Bars will be available at Dragcon. You'll see the wrapper soon. The old ones had peanut butter in them. The new ones have.....GOLD.

Season 7 has the most successful cast EVER. And people hated that season. The old lady soul train line mini challenge and real Housewives plastic surgery face tape are hilarious. The Conjoined Twins Makeover/ Half Man/Half Woman and John Waters main challenges were fantastik. Fame, Katya, Trixie, Violet, Ginger and the great Kennedy Davenport.

Bring Mrs. Kasha Davis and Max back for All Stars please! The rest of this cast are BOOKED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453March 21, 2022 12:46 AM

Tune in tonight and see WOMEN dressed up as WOMEN!

by Anonymousreply 454March 21, 2022 12:57 AM

When we first meet Willow, there's an idea she has real comedic talent and acting skill. I still buy it but I'm not sure she's a huge stand out. I respect her story. There's something cool about Willow but Yvie had a stronger POV, more visual interest. IDK, Willow's not knocking it out of the park for me.

I'm kind of enjoying Jorgeous. She might not be smart but she's a real performer.

by Anonymousreply 455March 21, 2022 1:42 AM

Maybe it's willow's runway looks. The best one was her face inside a dollhouse thing with a 50s dress. A punk business outfit, shades of Sasha Velour. The mushroom look was fun, the black outfit with the arms holding up the pony tails..

by Anonymousreply 456March 21, 2022 2:06 AM

Sasha Velour's looks were very cheap and sometimes ill fitting. Her aesthetic was fresh fashion though and she was original. Willow's punk business outfit was stellar. If she had put some POWER shoulder pads in it, she would have won that challenge. I think her pink heart panty drag was one of her most inventive. More importantly - she knows how to style her outfits - the right hair and makeup and accessories. That's what she is best at. She's got a vibe and confidence and sexiness and weirdness in drag that she doesn't show at other times. I don't get the great wit or anything subversive about her. She's funny and a bit dark. But more of the evil child in the corner - conniving.

Silky said on this week's Pit Stop - Yvie was obviously strategic during their season, but she had no idea just how smart the bitch was at playing her narrative and the game as it was happening. Willow is Yvie's drag daughter and far more appealing in lots of ways. But not as talented or original. But she's strategic and like a lot of sick kids - a bit of a creepy manipulator. My bias. I don't like her. Crippled or not. But I really like her runways.

The reason I think that neither Willow or Angie can win is that they both are FAR too much like the winners of two very recent seasons. Jaida and Yvie. 11 & 12.

by Anonymousreply 457March 21, 2022 2:21 AM

People can hate on Jasmine but she lost gracefully, even when we all know she won at least two of those lip syncs. I think she found her voice with Daya Betty and the whole "no offense" confrontation. I sitll wish someone would go "bitch you got sent home day one," to Daya when she starts talking like she won the whole thing. Willow is not Yvie. Yvie's illness allowed her to do all that crazy contortion stuff. Willow seems hampered by her illness in simple movment.

by Anonymousreply 458March 21, 2022 2:31 AM

Willow was a great underdog, but she became a frontrunner in episode two. And as a frontrunner, she’s considerably lacking. She won that lip sync because Ru and the judges are rooting for her. It wasn’t genuinely good. I also don’t like how smug she’s becoming in the confessionals.

Let’s see how many people want to see her live without a backstory to bolster her.

by Anonymousreply 459March 21, 2022 11:34 AM

Willow legitimately won against Bosco in the lipsync. Bosco was not good at all (too sunny/karaoke/musical face).

by Anonymousreply 460March 21, 2022 12:07 PM

I agree r460. I think Willow owned Bosco in that lip sync. She actually fit the vibe of the song to me.

I thought Boscos first two lip syncs were just bad frankly.

by Anonymousreply 461March 21, 2022 12:17 PM

I thought Daya should have been eliminated just for constantly trying to block Jasmine from being seen. What a truly creepy drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 462March 21, 2022 12:57 PM

R462 Daya wasn't blocking Jasmine. It was Jasmine who was following Daya around on stage.

by Anonymousreply 463March 21, 2022 11:09 PM

Did you even watch the show R463? Daya specifically said she did just that. She moved along the very front of the stage to block Jasmine out.

by Anonymousreply 464March 21, 2022 11:22 PM

Daya looks like John Wayne in DRAG. She's a horse. Of course she purposely blocked Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 465March 21, 2022 11:34 PM

R464 Okay... I skimmed it.

by Anonymousreply 466March 21, 2022 11:52 PM

I saw on Twitter a suggestion for Daya Betty to change her name to Noah Fence.

by Anonymousreply 467March 22, 2022 12:20 AM

I knew this bitch who always used to preface her cuntery with, “I don’t mean to be rude, but…” She started saying it to me once, and I cut her off with, “then keep your fucking mouth shut”.

by Anonymousreply 468March 22, 2022 12:23 AM

^thats like the old “I’m not racist, but…”

by Anonymousreply 469March 22, 2022 12:30 AM

My friend form the UK starts most sentences with "I aint being funny but"

by Anonymousreply 470March 22, 2022 2:32 AM

Willow’s Luther Vandross lip sync is one of my favorites of this season. I thought it was brilliant. And Ru sure seemed mesmerized by it.

by Anonymousreply 471March 22, 2022 3:49 AM

Why do so many people praise Jasmine’s lip synching skills? All she does is flail from side to side of the stage. Her movements are awkward and jerky.

What she did during Respect was completely wrong for the song.

by Anonymousreply 472March 22, 2022 3:54 AM

If the show ain't lying, this time none of the contestants knew what the songs would be ahead of time. So they had no chance to learn the words or choreograph moves. (that's why Jorgeous avoided the more lyrically complex JLo song - didn't know the words:)

RESPECT was the most boring song on the list. This ain't season 4 with Latrice or even season 8 with Kennedy Davenport. It's not a great lip synch song for anyone other than an old school queen of color. Daya chose it because she is like 34 years old and knew that Jasmine was probably not used to seeing it performed much. Daya is OLD and unattractive, with none of the finesse and flair of an experienced Drag Queen. Jasmine knew that she was going home when she "lost" to Daya Betty. The rest of the episode was just for show.

by Anonymousreply 473March 22, 2022 4:04 AM

What Daya did during the lip-synch was strategy. Not sure why that's so terrible.

by Anonymousreply 474March 22, 2022 4:06 AM

Okay, I just googled. Daya Betty was 25 at the time of filming. Who knew? He looks 35. And she's 6'5".

by Anonymousreply 475March 22, 2022 4:06 AM

But she did lose to Daya R473. Respect is not a song for splits and various flopping around the stage moves.

by Anonymousreply 476March 22, 2022 4:59 AM

Jasmine really didn't need to pound her pussy into the runway while doing the splits to Respect. It was inappropriate for the song. With Aretha a "good" lip-sycer should realize that they need to focus on emoting, not dancing around like a fucking idiot. See: Latrice Royale vs. Kenya Michaels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477March 22, 2022 5:06 AM

[Quote]If the show ain't lying, this time none of the contestants knew what the songs would be ahead of time. So they had no chance to learn the words or choreograph moves.

The contestants always get a chance to practice. They would have gotten a list of all the lip sync song choices so they can try to prepare.

by Anonymousreply 478March 22, 2022 8:24 AM

Daya and Deja’s days are numbered. Can’t wait for them both to be gone.

by Anonymousreply 479March 22, 2022 12:54 PM

R479

In your dreams. Deja has been in the top for weeks and won the last challenge. She’s going to the finale for sure and I hope she wins it all!

by Anonymousreply 480March 22, 2022 12:57 PM

I hope Daya gets to the finale just to see all you bitches seethe

by Anonymousreply 481March 22, 2022 1:47 PM

I've said it before but I love that Daya isn't afraid to speak her mind and be bitchy. The season would be more boring without her. It's a refreshing change because so many queens walk on eggshells because they are terrified of fan backlash.

by Anonymousreply 482March 22, 2022 2:19 PM

Daya Betty is an untalented bitch who wouldn't know a good face paint and drag costume if they were handed to her......

No offense.

by Anonymousreply 483March 22, 2022 2:23 PM

Daya would have more of a leg to bitch upon if she were a really great queen who wasn't originally eliminated earlier in the season.

by Anonymousreply 484March 22, 2022 6:18 PM

The only reason Daya won was because Jasmine's performance was completely wrong for the song.

Daya does not make the season more enjoyable as someone about has said. There are good for tv villains, then there are miserable twats. Daya falls into the latter.

by Anonymousreply 485March 22, 2022 6:50 PM

Ugh, autocorrect. About = above.

r-485

by Anonymousreply 486March 22, 2022 6:51 PM

As much as people talked shit, Kandy Muse was a great “love to hate” last season.

by Anonymousreply 487March 22, 2022 7:02 PM

No honey R487, Kandy Moose was an dumb, untalented cunt who brought nothing to the show..

On top of that she was ugly and had shit style.

Did I mention she was grotesquely fat??

by Anonymousreply 488March 22, 2022 8:29 PM

Kandy “Top 2” Muse was not my favorite and not what I consider good tv, but I don’t hate anyone. Except for Pangina for sending Jimbo home on UK vs the Wolrd!

by Anonymousreply 489March 22, 2022 8:39 PM

I just realized that now Stupid Jasmine can be "calm, cool, and collective" at home.

by Anonymousreply 490March 22, 2022 9:45 PM

(chuckles) can't wait until Friday when some nutter's dreams will be dashed...

by Anonymousreply 491March 22, 2022 10:21 PM

Daya isn't a "villain" anyway.

by Anonymousreply 492March 22, 2022 10:34 PM

Daya looks exactly like a GAY villain. As did Acid Betty. Their corrosive natures are exemplified both in their names and faces. Painted AND not.

by Anonymousreply 493March 22, 2022 10:44 PM

r493 and she was sent home first episode. The Talent show. Ru asked her what her talent was and she said lip syncing. Watching Ru laugh at her was the best.

by Anonymousreply 494March 22, 2022 11:29 PM

Daya’s the Nelson Muntz of drag and her runway looks are “third key at the Hot Topic in Des Moines” realness.

by Anonymousreply 495March 22, 2022 11:44 PM

Are you sure you're not confusing Daya and Deja?

by Anonymousreply 496March 22, 2022 11:53 PM

To compare Willow to the supremely shitty, useless, dullard Yvie Oddly who had the true "cripple" win is stupid. Yvie went on to go from being a boring contestant that was kept on for the win to check the "cripple" box, to nothing. No exciting tours, (this is even before Corona) nothing one would consider a legacy, unless you count being rude to fans (fan?) in person and a total cunt to others on SM a "legacy".

Willow at 27 seems to have done a lot of homework re: drag and performance in general, and what it represents while throwing her own tastes into the mix. She has interesting, campy and kinky looks. She's also self aware, and basically seems to "get it" without being a total cunt about things. I get old soul vibes from Willow. No one knows for sure how long that bitch will live. She's living the hell out of life now and that is what counts. A fucking bus could take any one of us oh-so-supple, nubile, wide-eyed, pure assholed bitches of the dashing 65 but really look 85 variety.

by Anonymousreply 497March 23, 2022 2:29 AM

Deja is the best one. She exudes talent and star quality.

by Anonymousreply 498March 23, 2022 2:45 AM

She exudes something, not sure what to call it.

by Anonymousreply 499March 23, 2022 2:51 AM

Love you R499

by Anonymousreply 500March 23, 2022 2:54 AM

That’s unfair r497. Yvie Oddly has done Drag n Drive, and Werq the World tours. She’s been lovely to fans she’s met in Denver (that I’ve seen) and I’ve never read anything bad about her.

by Anonymousreply 501March 23, 2022 2:56 AM

Hi Yvie's PR poodle...I take that back. Bitch couldn't afford one. Hi Yvie! No one likes you r501 No one does fuck with all with you. It's not a secret. And when they do, you can see them holding you at a distance. Nope. Nice try. (Not really, boring try, just like your show run)

by Anonymousreply 502March 23, 2022 3:02 AM

Yes exudes R499. I’m going to say mushroom gravy.

by Anonymousreply 503March 23, 2022 3:33 AM

What a mental (and racist) disgrace is R502. He's way off his meds, but he starts many of these threads. Thinks he owns ideas. The only DR nigg*r he approves of is BIG unfunny wanna be white boy BoB. R502 racist hate poisons this whole site. For years. He got banned so he had to tone it down. F&F him Drag Race fans.

I was not a fan of Yvie, but R501 is completely correct. Her tour is documented and he was lovely and friendly and well liked and introspective. He's grown handsome too.

But R502 must call names to try to assert control over this thread - without getting banned again for being overtly racist. Let's put an end to it. F&F R502.

The nasty comments about Silky are also from this mentally ill OLD white tiny man. It imagines itself to be expert on everything. What does that ancient white RACIST f@g know about gay men who are 50 years younger than it?

FUCK OFF. You are despised on this site.

Peace and healing are coming your way. You can close your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 504March 23, 2022 3:42 AM

Guess what troll I awoke! My apologies. I thought that mess got banned in the Jussie threads a year or two ago.

Settle down Beavis.

by Anonymousreply 505March 23, 2022 3:57 AM

[quote]Hi Yvie's PR poodle

I wish. I’d take a cut of what she’s bringing in. I’d donate it to mental health charities to help people like you, r502.

Freak.

by Anonymousreply 506March 23, 2022 4:02 AM

Willow is boring. Still.

by Anonymousreply 507March 23, 2022 4:20 AM

Everyone one of them should of had to do No Scurbs by TLC.

by Anonymousreply 508March 23, 2022 6:47 PM

We don’t want no scurbs! A scurb is a guy that can’t get no lurve from me!

by Anonymousreply 509March 23, 2022 10:48 PM

No, I don't want no scurvy....

by Anonymousreply 510March 24, 2022 12:58 AM

Daya Rhea, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 511March 24, 2022 2:28 AM

The devil works hard, but JLo works harder! Jen opened her number at i❤Radio last night with Drag Queens! Skip over Billy Porter and watch for Kerri Colby wearing the Versace dress, Alyssa Hunter, Jorgeous, Naysha Lopez, Jessica Wilde (ALL STARS PLEASE) Laganja Estranja AND Morgan McMichaels?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 24, 2022 4:23 AM

WERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRQ!

by Anonymousreply 513March 24, 2022 11:31 AM

[quote] I've said it before but I love that Daya isn't afraid to speak her mind and be bitchy. The season would be more boring without her. It's a refreshing change because so many queens walk on eggshells because they are terrified of fan backlash.

I disagree. I've enjoyed some bitchy contestants like Raven and Raja from the days before people were afraid of social media backlash.

But then there are others like The Bettys, Acid and Daya, who are just overly critical narcissists with really nasty attitudes.

Alaska had jealous temper tantrums but her personality was more than just being a bitter bitch. I don't like anything at all about DB, and that includes even her makeup.

I don't understand how drag works practically and so I am sure I'm missing something, but I would think after all the criticisms that she is copying Crystal Methyd, she'd have the skill to draw her eyes and mouth differently so that they don't look exactly like Crystal's. But she hasn't changed that at all. And Crystal is charming and silly and what won me over about Crystal was her goodwill and aw-shucks-I-can't-believe-I-got-this-far attitude. She was the Mildred Pierce of her season, and Daya Betty is the ungrateful Veda of hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514March 24, 2022 11:50 AM

I don't like Bosco much.

THERE!

I've said it!

by Anonymousreply 515March 24, 2022 10:44 PM

R514 Was Acid Betty that bad? I have barely any memory of her on season 8. I even remember Naysha Lopez than her, what did Acid Betty do that was so bad other than complain?

by Anonymousreply 516March 24, 2022 11:23 PM

Acid Betty was a nasty, mean queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517March 24, 2022 11:33 PM

The children don’t even know.

by Anonymousreply 518March 24, 2022 11:38 PM

Trixie DID have ugly make-up, though.

by Anonymousreply 519March 25, 2022 12:28 AM

Well it was a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

by Anonymousreply 520March 25, 2022 1:51 AM

I don't remember Raven ever softening up, and why should she? David has a pretty fucking prestigious Emmy all on his own. He's buds with beloved Jujubee. Total cunt when called upon for Ru's dog and pony show and knows how to play the game. LOVE this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 521March 25, 2022 2:06 AM

Of the bitches, Raven is queen. He wears it well. I agree R521.

by Anonymousreply 522March 25, 2022 2:09 AM

I told ya so. 🙀

by Anonymousreply 523March 26, 2022 2:41 AM

on Kim CHi's season she got a message from Trixie and all Acid did the whole time the message played was bag on Trixe and her makeup. Kim was poretty tame and just said Trixie was her friend, even Derrick stood up for Trixie saying that was her look and she did it well. Kim was suprised because Acid Betty did some wile makeup looks as well but for some reason Acid Betty did not like Trixie.

Fun fact, when CuCu got CanCaner. Acid Bettry dropped everything to fly to Texas to help take care of her. So she is not all bad.

by Anonymousreply 524March 26, 2022 3:41 AM

That’s a nice thing to hear about her, r524. Because she came off as a mega-bitch in the worst way. Glad she was there for Cynthia when she needed help.

by Anonymousreply 525March 26, 2022 4:11 AM

Or….are you secretly Acid Betty and that was a lie to get me to not hate her and I’ve been duped? Pretty sneaky, sis.

by Anonymousreply 526March 26, 2022 4:12 AM

That was by far the BEST rusical ever! I saw no weak links. Not even Bosco.

I didn’t hate Daya this episode, and as usual, Deja’s runway stunk (but she killed it in the challenge).

Very happy with the surprise ending.

by Anonymousreply 527March 26, 2022 5:51 AM

Iconic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 26, 2022 5:52 AM

Acid was close to Chi Chi too

by Anonymousreply 529March 26, 2022 5:53 AM

I loved Bosco’a comment about not wanting to lipsync because Rupaul was signed up to be an organ donor for Jorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 530March 26, 2022 5:58 AM

How many weeks is this now without an elimination?

by Anonymousreply 531March 26, 2022 12:42 PM

Let's see - well they got rid of Daya and Orion in 1/7 and then 1/14. Then brought them all back on 1/21. We dumped June Jumbalaya on 1/28. So we went through the whole month of Jan with one elimination.

Feb we lost Alyssa Hunter, Kornbread self eliminated, then Orion Story and Maddy Morphosis.

In March we lost Kerry Colby and then Jasmine. There was a double shantay in there and then Bosco got the gold bar so that is it for March

by Anonymousreply 532March 26, 2022 1:56 PM

Great episode—Lady Camden was definitely the star of that musical, and yeah, Bosco sucked.

Deja’s runway look was one of the worst I’ve seen in a while.

Was that the only gold bar? So if anyone else gets sashayed that’s just it—you’re done?

by Anonymousreply 533March 26, 2022 2:50 PM

There have been only two eliminations in the last 6 episodes r531.

This was a good episode. Two great reads. The read from Jorgrous about Bosco being in the bottom in all the lip syncs and the read from Bosco about RuPaul wanting to be an organ donor for Jorgeous.

Though the Mama Z role was great, was so confused when I saw the piece that none of them wanted it. And Bosco really was pretty boring in the musical, didn't do poorly but there was no star power in that performance.

Did anyone have any doubt when it was Jorgeous and Bosco lip synching how it would play out. I immediately knew this would be when the producers would use this gold bar shit.

And that Deja runway was fucking HIDEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 534March 26, 2022 3:33 PM

Jorgeous is growing on me. The “punch the ghost” dance kills me and I thought she was great in the rusical. They were all so strong that the judges were nitpicking, but I didn’t see anything wrong with her performance.

by Anonymousreply 535March 26, 2022 5:17 PM

The problem with Jorgeous is that when she's asked to do anything OTHER than dance, she gets completely lost.

by Anonymousreply 536March 27, 2022 12:37 AM

Jorgeous has two creepy dads/lovers. She has dark energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 27, 2022 1:06 AM

I have absolutely no recollection of Orion Story. If I met her, I’d be shocked if she told me she was a Ru girl. I looked her up and her face doesn’t even ring a bell. I couldn’t pick her out of a lineup and I feel like I must’ve sustained a brain injury and there’s a gaping hole in my memory where she was supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 538March 27, 2022 2:40 AM

^me too

by Anonymousreply 539March 27, 2022 2:45 AM

I was shocked not only by Bosco's eye makeup, but by the hair color. Satine was a redhead in the movie. That dark hair was one reason he didn't stand out. I loved Lady Camden in the musical and loved the top half of her runway look, but hated her tights.

by Anonymousreply 540March 27, 2022 7:01 AM

I don’t know how others feel, but I just find Bosco likable (despite the fight with Lady Camden, who i find adorable). I’d like to hang out with Bosco. She’s like one of the least obnoxious, pretentious contestants in a long time.

I want to hang out with Bosco and go to Adore Delano’s house. And maybe bring Heidi N Closet along.

by Anonymousreply 541March 27, 2022 12:31 PM

Bosco does the same look over and over and over. Same make up, same outfit just in different fabrics. A corsette with a bra and panites.

by Anonymousreply 542March 27, 2022 1:17 PM

Yes, on top of the unrelenting panties, she refuses to budge from that Bette Midler cartoon poodle makeup.

We’ve seen five Bosco lip syncs (including the Rusical lead) in the last two episodes and for me she’s usually fine to good, even, but lacks that extra oomph. She’s Sasha Velour minus the superlative Whitney-handling abilities.

A great Rusical helped by the camera work which has really stepped its pussy up this season.

by Anonymousreply 543March 27, 2022 2:19 PM

I thought Willow stole the show, but Monet and Pangina on the pit stop thought she was just average.

by Anonymousreply 544March 27, 2022 2:53 PM

Monet and her “government employee into evening” drag would know from average.

by Anonymousreply 545March 27, 2022 3:04 PM

R537, I'm no fan of Jorgeous, but that article about him and his two dads is pretty adorable actually. I don't get this 'dark energy' you are clearly projecting.

by Anonymousreply 546March 27, 2022 6:52 PM

Who cares if she is in a 3 person relationship r537? You sound like some judgemental frau.

Hate her cause she is stupid, not because she takes two dicks.

by Anonymousreply 547March 27, 2022 6:57 PM

R542, I’m fine to an extent with a queen doing the same makeup again and again. Sasha alway has the same weird eyebrows and Trixie’a face is probably copyrighted. The outfits on the other hand…. Maybe we’ll see more from Bosco yet in this Never. Ending. Season.

I think she’s a competent lip syncer. Nowhere near Jasmine, Camden, or Jorgeous. But the game is (was) to stay out of the lip sync as often as possible. If that’s all it takes to win, just give Jorgeous the crown now and spare us the time.

by Anonymousreply 548March 27, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote]I thought Willow stole the show, but Monet and Pangina on the pit stop thought she was just average

Two of the shadiest queens around. Periodt. Monet dropped out of the Haters Roast tour on the day of a show in Denver when she’d been heavily advertised as a headliner. Literally got off the plane, went to rehearsal, then snuck out the back door. Because she got called to do a Madonna video. Everyone remember her in that video? (Can anyone even name that video?)

And Pangina Tears. Just two words: Jimbo’s revenge.

by Anonymousreply 549March 27, 2022 8:21 PM

I get their point that Willow's choreo wasn't perfect, but that didn't bother me because she sold the performance .

But I like when the queens doing reviews speak their minds even if I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 550March 27, 2022 8:46 PM

How many more episodes to go? Will the madness never end?!?

by Anonymousreply 551April 1, 2022 4:11 AM

This season has become too predictable. My partner and I have nailed the last three episodes. Not just the bottoms, but those going home, including Bosco’s gold bar and tonight’s fun. It is too clearly rigged and the editing and foreshadowing give everything away. The queens know when it’s their turn to step away…because it’s in their contract.

by Anonymousreply 552April 2, 2022 2:50 AM

They finally sent two of those bitches home!

by Anonymousreply 553April 2, 2022 2:55 AM

No one was funny in that roast.

by Anonymousreply 554April 2, 2022 4:53 AM

Who won...?

by Anonymousreply 555April 2, 2022 4:59 AM

Glad to get rid of Deja and Jorgeous

by Anonymousreply 556April 2, 2022 5:03 AM

Daya, I hate to say, definitely won that lip sync. She was the only one that tapped into how angry the song is. Because she’s such a bitter bitch.

Now, Willow has had some really great looks this season, but my jaw hit the FLOOR! When Camden was safe, I thought for sure she was the challenge winner.

Camden impressed as always and I’m glad to see Bosco’s redemption.

5 left and I’m sure Daya is next to go. So Camden, Bosco, Angeria, and Willow are final four and I predict either Camden or Bosco wins it all.

by Anonymousreply 557April 2, 2022 5:13 AM

But Willow is definitely a dark horse contender for the crown. I just don’t think she can win a lip sync smack down.

by Anonymousreply 558April 2, 2022 5:15 AM

Who won...?

I was at a bar watching the show tonight, and they kept cutting away to music videos during commercials. The stupid VJ cut back too late, and we missed who won? Did Bosco win?

by Anonymousreply 559April 2, 2022 6:34 AM

Bosco won.

by Anonymousreply 560April 2, 2022 7:18 AM

And Deja, Day ,and Jorgeous had a thee-way lip sync.. Daya won the lipsync. And Dela and Jorgeous were eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 561April 2, 2022 7:20 AM

Much like the show, this thread is dying a slow death.

by Anonymousreply 562April 2, 2022 10:02 PM

Jorgeous won the lipsync but they gave it to Diabetica. I think Jorgoeus was over the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 563April 4, 2022 1:57 AM

I feel like Daya was a weaker contestant than Deja. I woulda been fine sending all three of the lip synchers home.

by Anonymousreply 564April 4, 2022 2:01 AM

Deja was fucking delusional. She kept saying she was a lip sync assasin. lol. SHe would do well in the comp then her runways...ugh.

by Anonymousreply 565April 4, 2022 2:07 AM

Deja looked bad in basically every runway except the shoulder pad one. I hope seeing herself on TV has caused her to reevaluate her drag.

by Anonymousreply 566April 4, 2022 2:08 AM

r566 Deja fell into the fat girl trap. Loads and loads of fabric do not a good look make. Look at Eureka, shie is one huge bitch and she rocks a body suit.

by Anonymousreply 567April 4, 2022 2:34 AM

Because Eureka PROPORTIONIZES!!

by Anonymousreply 568April 4, 2022 2:36 AM

Daya at least understood the song. Jorgeous just pulled out the same dance tricks she uses for every number. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

by Anonymousreply 569April 4, 2022 2:49 AM

Daya deserved the win, but had a huge advantage, as she was so much taller and in the middle. Still, I really wanted them to send her home.

by Anonymousreply 570April 4, 2022 12:46 PM

I hate the roasts. So painful to watch I have to ff through most of it.

by Anonymousreply 571April 9, 2022 4:46 AM

Willow should have gone home for the rat costume. Looked very costumey (something the judges complain about everyone else) and just looked bad, both in design and application.

by Anonymousreply 572April 10, 2022 2:54 AM

Everything about it was amateurish, R572. Her wigs are always terrible. Her makeup is not up to the standards of more professional queens. Her outfits are very arts and craftsy. Those are faults that get other queens kicked off. As long as Bosco doesn’t win, I don’t have a problem with any of the others winning though. But…as RuPaul said, Willow us a member of his tribe.

by Anonymousreply 573April 10, 2022 3:28 AM

Sweeties, Willow is going to be, literally, DEAD in a few years. She has a horrible disease that is going to take her life from her quite early. She has a compelling and sad story while looking at things with humor and she’s beloved by the presumptive Miss Congeniality (Angeria) AND the audience. There was NO WAY she was going to be eliminated from the finale. And it’s perfectly fine. This is a drag competition and it’s TV. A TV show that still works, btw. She could have shown up onstage dressed as KKK and she would have been passed on. The surprise and criticism about this is delusional and ridiculous. The rules are whatever the producers and Ru want them to be.

by Anonymousreply 574April 10, 2022 1:07 PM

You guys need to pay attention to what Ru says. He literally told you who the winner is going to be. "You are from my tribe" It will either be Willow or Lady Camden.

by Anonymousreply 575April 10, 2022 2:52 PM

I like Willow, though I'm exhausted by all of these "suddenly...I AM TRANS!" contestants. I'm getting worn down by it all. What bothers me the most is that Willow is pro medical intervention for people who are adolescent and younger but "identify" as "trans". That's fucked up. 21 and over? Whatever, fine...though many even at that age are still often too young psychologically speaking. 18 which is still pushing it? Hell no. 15 and younger? FUCK NO!

I think and hope Lady Camden has this, because we haven't had many "Queens of a certain age" get far in the competition, let alone win. She's also been a highly regarded performer in San Francisco for years. Because of the pandemic, she was so broke she had to move to that fucking shithole that is Sacramento. She should get the fucking crown for that tragedy alone. She has a sweet vibe around her, and is genuine. Not fake or cunty in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 576April 12, 2022 2:15 AM

It’s 100% going to be Willow Pill.

by Anonymousreply 577April 12, 2022 2:30 AM

Fans are for Willow by a large amount. Her engagement on Twitter and Insta is in some cases five times larger than other contestants, and that’s what the producers are looking for. I would be surprised if she didn’t win.

by Anonymousreply 578April 15, 2022 11:52 AM

No comments on the reunion? Kerri Colby is gorgeous, Daya is still a bitch. I think anyone could win the crown (except Daya) but since it’s a lipsync competition, Willow’s an early out, and Lady Camden is a strong, strooong lip syncer.

Williow’s dark sense of humor kills me. And Bosco is witty and funny and seems like she’d be a lot of fun to hang out with.

But why didn’t Ru immediately offer Kormbread a chance at a future season? Had she done that already?

by Anonymousreply 579April 16, 2022 4:25 AM

What a shame Cornbread was sidelined. I really enjoyed her at the reunion and love her friendship with Willow. Still can't stand Daya, who can't seem to follow up with her redemption chances, by saying she realizes she came off as a bitch and could have handled it better, but then exclaims how she wouldn't have changed a thing if she did it all over again.

by Anonymousreply 580April 16, 2022 11:53 AM

I think Maddy came out so well from the reunion. She was very likeable and quite funny actually. Probably cemented an invite to a future all stars. I cringed through the whole Jasmine vs Daya nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 581April 16, 2022 12:48 PM

Kornbread has been talking shit for months R579. She’s not going to be asked back.

by Anonymousreply 582April 16, 2022 12:55 PM

Really, r581? I didn't think Maddy came off well at all, with a rather pedestrian sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 583April 16, 2022 2:41 PM

I hope Jasmine is never asked back. She is exhausting.

Don’t get the love for Bosco or why she is going to be in the finale.

I love Willow, but she isn’t very well rounded. I would be happy with Lady Camden winning.

by Anonymousreply 584April 16, 2022 10:53 PM

I had totally forgotten Maddy existed until I watched the reunion.

Not a great sign.

by Anonymousreply 585April 17, 2022 4:00 AM

Jasmine will be the first to be asked back for All Stars, heeeennnnnnyyy.

by Anonymousreply 586April 17, 2022 12:38 PM

Won't Jasmine be too busy transitioning? Ru is probably busy creating an All-Stars with only dancing challenges so that Jorgeous can win.

by Anonymousreply 587April 17, 2022 12:42 PM

I actually thought Jorgeous was pretty funny given her, shall we say, limited education. She’s sharp enough to make fun of herself, and I like her occasionally misplaced confidence.

by Anonymousreply 588April 17, 2022 12:48 PM

Did Jorgeous finish junior high?

by Anonymousreply 589April 17, 2022 3:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!