Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 14 OFFICIAL Thread: YASSSSSSSSSS KWEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN!

I didn't see an official thread - or really any thread - for Season 14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 19, 2022 1:05 PM

[quote] I didn't see an official thread - or really any thread - for Season 14.

Because:

1) Drag Race never ends now and so it's not an event. Not only to seasons follow one another without any break; they now also overlap one another. I'm sure I am not the only one who has Drag Race fatigue.

2) The show was moved to Paramount+, which is a premium network. Those of us who already have been coerced to paying to subscribe to WOW specifically for Drag Race should have access since we are already paying, but nope. I admire RuPaul's industriousness, but the supply has outpaced my demand.

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2022 12:39 PM

It’s not on Paramount+, it’s on VH1. All Stars was on Paramount.

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2022 1:47 PM

^YOU'RE WELCOME!

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2022 1:53 PM

They all seem so bland, even the "straight" one couldn't make this season interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2022 9:33 PM

You didn’t see a thread on it because no one cares. I will watch the All Winners season and the International All Stars, but thats it for me this year.

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2022 10:02 PM

That pic looks like the bar scene in "Star Wars".

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2022 10:34 PM

KIM CHI IS SO FUCKING FAT

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2022 12:39 AM

I also can’t believe they went and canceled Aunt Jemima, but are letting Kornbread on our screens without a content warning.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2022 12:41 AM

Ru acts like she's been popping nerve pills

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2022 12:46 AM

Looks like poor Kim Chi has gained like 100 Covid pounds! More to love

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2022 12:48 AM

Alyssa is a hot boy

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2022 12:56 AM

So Kerri Colby I guess is MTF... is Kornbread also?

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2022 12:57 AM

meh.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2022 1:08 AM

All of Ross’s weight went straight into Kim Chi.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2022 1:08 AM

Ru wuvs Wiwwow

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2022 1:21 AM

Wait. One of these bitches is straight?

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2022 1:24 AM

How boring. Straight men, trans-men with their tits cut off playing women. Entitled black contestants. Entitled white contestants. Mediocre talents in all areas. Too much money in the costumes. Not enough money in the costumes. RuPaul being a cunt ALL THE TIME.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2022 1:26 AM

I liked it more than I’ve liked the last few premieres. I hope they keep the talent show for the premiere moving forward. That way we can see who is ACTUALLY talented before they all start milking their sob stories and excuses.

I’m interested in Kornbread, Willow, and Bosco. Kerri Colby is pretty and has some charm but I can tell already she’s going to be the one fans overhype and act defensive towards if she doesn’t win every goddamn challenge.

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2022 6:32 AM

Bosco got a LOT of airtime for someone who didn't win a challenge this week.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2022 7:00 AM

It's a show for kids now.

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2022 7:10 AM

I’ll just read this thread instead of watching. I can’t be bothered with:

- the obligatory opening where the group all claims to love last weeks loser as the lip sync winner wipes the message off the mirror.

- the lip sync winner declaring that she’s going to step her pussy up this episode so watch out!

- formatted generic sob story as they paint their mugs. (Please choose one or two of the following: bullying, drug addiction, trans, family hates you, or depression)

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2022 7:23 AM

R20 It's a show FOR kids and cast with kids. The two oldest contestants are 31. The other 12 are all in their 20s.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2022 7:24 AM

I'm waiting for the fun day when some angry/cunty contestant has a hissy fit and says to RuPaul, "Bitch, you're old enough to be our grandfather!"

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2022 7:25 AM

Kornbread and Willow are at least interesting.

No one else even registered with me.

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2022 7:50 AM

I haven't watched it because of Drag Race oversaturation and fatigue. But I might take a look if the episodes are more varied as they used to be and not just a bunch of same-y song-and-dance numbers. I'll check in here to find out. I've really come to detest the episode-long choreographed dances. I can't understand why they settled on those being 85 percent of the whole show. What happened to the funny modeling shoots, the challenges to involve passers-by on the streets and in clubs, the commercials that they have to write themselves, etc.? The low budget days were the most enjoyable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2022 11:42 AM

I'm waiting for the fun day when some angry/cunty contestant has a hissy fit and says to RuPaul, "Bitch, you're old enough to be our grandfather!"

It's been done.

It was basically that episode when Pearl said to RuPaul, "Do I have something on my face?"

Now, that may not sound like "Bitch, you're old enough to be our grandfather!" But if you re-watch it, and this clip is like in a bunch of Youtube videos so it's pretty easy to find, you'll get it.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2022 11:59 AM

I do like Michelle Visage and Ross Matthews. Panel is my favorite part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2022 1:29 PM

I don’t like skinny Ross with all that tan. He looks like Palm Springs now.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2022 1:33 PM

Fast forward to RPDR 2030 and its 14 transgender women pumped up on hormones and filled with implants competing with each other to see who can imitate a woman best.

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2022 1:36 PM

There are some interesting cats so far. Willow Pill for one. Jambalaya seems like she could pop off.

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2022 1:49 PM

Jumbalaya seems really basic.

None of the talents were that good, but KB was the best of the mehst.

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2022 2:15 PM

So it's back on VH1?

Like the poster above - I may just read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2022 2:47 PM

Willow is frightening out of drag.

Kerri has some really distracting dental work.

We've already endured Silky, so not sure why we have to put up with Kornbrread and her never-shut mouth.

Jumbalya is beyond meh. Not sure what all that attitude is based on.

Bosco reminds me a lot of Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2022 3:08 PM

I’d say check out the premiere, R25. I agree with you on almost every point and I ended up enjoying it more than I expected. A queen actually goes home and it’s not a stupid group verse shit where they talk about being a supreme and snatching the crown. It’s a talent show, so there’s some nice variation.

It’s not amazing but the cast for the premiere is pretty decent and not too too derivative.

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2022 4:31 PM

Actually, I loved Willow's talent section. It made me laugh out loud. Glad the panel agreed. And I also like Kornbread a lot, she's far more mature than Silky.

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2022 4:53 PM

Agreed R35. Willow's entire act made me super nervous. But in a good way. I was generally interested in her weirdness. And she ended it pretty damn fantastic.

(Of course, she HAD to lean into her sickness, but what's a reality show without the boring sob story. I've accepted it's just the way of the gun now.)

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2022 5:42 PM

You know they paid Enya a lot to license "Only Time." Wonder if she's ever watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2022 1:00 AM

I was confused when they played popular music. I’m not used to the queens doing non-originals. In fact, I was cutting that Alyssa a lot of slack because the song sounded professional.

I have a feeling Alyssa is going to require a lot of attention and she comes across as so boring.

For the most part though, I like this cast. I’m very worried about next week and if there’s going to an obnoxious, off-putting Kandy Muse type to ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2022 1:13 AM

Agree with R35 and R36.

Willow is pretty odd, and I like it. People like her—Detox, Alyssa, Jinkx, other eccentrics—are exactly the reason I initially appreciated Drag Race. They challenge conventions and make me tilt my head like a dog as I try to figure out what exactly they are.

As pretty and passable and talented as people like Violet and Gigi may be, I DON'T REALLY CARE DO U? The production company is called "World of Wonder," and I want talented curiosities, not talented blow-up dolls.

Drag Race is a sideshow act. Imagine paying for a sideshow ticket and walking into the tent to expect bearded ladies and two-headed goats and finding a bunch of pretty young pole dancers. That's the transition the show has undergone and I don't appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2022 2:00 PM

Jumbalaya is a disaster. Overly sensitive, mediocre, and her entrance look should have gotten her kicked out immediately. She’s supposed to be “fashion?” Lol, gurl BYE.

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2022 2:03 PM

I also like Silky Part Deux. She also has a little bit of Heidi energy in her facial expressions.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2022 2:12 PM

June - That entrance outfit. It may have been Pucci but it was about 10 sizes too small for her. Willow - something odd about her. I mean that entrance look was dollar store. Cornbread = Silky 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2022 2:23 PM

"ANGLE". Lot of jokes on social media about that entrance look.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2022 2:41 PM

I liked the ANGLE angle. I am not fully convinced it was intentional, but in the world of this show, it's honestly even better if he's just dumb.

"Rigga Morris!"

"Cher came out of your vagina, and you came out of Cher's vagina! Tell me, how do you feel about almost ABORTING CHER?"

"I'm gonna be the black horse of this competition!"

"I didn't go to fucking school for math!"

“There’s so much astigmatism associated with being a pageant queen”

Ru: How's your head?

Queen: Fine, thanks!

Ru: How's your HEAD?

Queen: It's...OK? I feel fine.

Ru: Do you watch this show? I'm gonna try this one more time.

Queen: [stares blankly]

Ru: How. Is. Your. Head?

Queen:

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2022 2:52 PM

By bending over backwards to accommodate the transanity, drag race has lost the thread. Because drag is supposed to be about dressing cross-gender. If you identify as a female, why the fuck are you doing drag?

Or is it because on some level, these trannies know…. They are not and never will be women, no matter how much plastic surgery they pay for…. They are walking delusion dolls.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2022 3:19 PM

R16, The one called Maddy is apparently straight. It's supposed to be the big thing this season.... guess they're really scraping bottom here.

by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2022 5:03 PM

R26, Pearl is STILL milking that interaction with Rupaul to this day. He really believes he's a victim of some grand injustice done by Rupaul and the show, his tween fans love soaking up this stale drama, same with Willam and several of the other queens suffering from arrested development. Somebody needs to tell them they're grown men.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2022 5:17 PM

R47 Yeah, it is really pathetic. Ru gave him the very real and very good advice if “if the camera isn’t running, nothing you say matters” and he took it as a huge affront that caused him trauma.

Its a fucking reality TV show. What do you expect!

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2022 5:28 PM

This cast, so far, seems to be scraping the barrel a bit. I felt the past two regular seasons were inching close to jumping the shark, but this one may actually bring it over the edge. Hoping the next half of the cast is an improvement.

The show has let itself be a victim of cancel culture and the fan mob mentality about being inclusive. It should be focused on drag performers and their talents and less on other things, lest it soon become merely a "cosplay" competition that just anyone can enter. I imagine it will become that eventually, since trans contestants, women and straight men are now included, which pretty much ignores what drag has traditionally been and makes the core concept of the show irrelevant and renders it impotent. Expect the rabid fans to regret pushing things in this direction once it finally implodes.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2022 5:39 PM

r47 Not true of Willam. He has said over and over no one would know who he is if not for RuPaul. He gives her credit. She just doesn't like how she and the crew treat the dolls. I mean seriously that show has been on how long and the prize is still only 100K? Hell even QOU had a 250K Prize

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2022 11:18 PM

So I guess with the inclusion of Alyssa Hunter, this means that the Kandy Ho Embargo of Puerto Rican queens from the island has finally ended?

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2022 2:36 AM

R50 I never bought that whole “I still appreciate Ru” bull that William pulls. I am sure it is genuine to an extent; unlike someone like Pearl who seems to only have gotten into drag for the show, William knows how hard it was for working actors and drag queens pre Drag Race.

With that in mind however, he seems to over do it. Every episode of race chaser is him complementing her dress and hair, and then insulting Ru. Seems like he is trying really hard to milk this “I am not petty I give credit where credit is due” shit.

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2022 2:45 AM

I finally watched the episode and it was okay. I like some of the contestants - the real MALE ones.

The right queen went home for sure. Lots of praise for mediocrity so hopefully they will all try a little harder once all of them are together.

Willow Pill made me laugh and did Kornbread.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2022 3:04 PM

R50, but where even is the talent that's worth 100k? lol I haven't seen much of it since season seven.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2022 6:38 PM

Kim Chi got huge! She looks almost as big as Silky or Stacy Layne Matthews.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2022 8:38 PM

Where was kim in the first episode?

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2022 9:23 PM

Pic?

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2022 9:26 PM

This will give you an idea how big Kim Chi has become. In this clip, she is sitting near Adore Delano, and making her look like an ant. Now, Adore is only 5ft9 and Kim Chi is 6ft4 (if those stats are right) but still, Kim is carrying some serious poundage, She's BIG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2022 11:11 PM

We've never seen so much Kim Chi.

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2022 11:17 PM

Who was the one that got sent home? Orion or something? What a bore THAT one was. This show is nothing but a commercial for the peaking drag fad that has hit the country. They need "headliners" for all the Hamburger Mary restaurants and special nightclub events happening right now. Drag bingo has grown in popularity the past few years. There are lots of fundraising events that incorporate that tired bingo format. RuPaul is a legend for sure but the show is becoming dull.

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2022 11:38 PM

Goodness. Kim Chi was a big guy - tall. But now she's taking up THREE seats?

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2022 11:45 PM

I'm looking forward to [italic]UK Versus the World.[/italic] Michelle told Digital Spy it's going to be great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2022 11:50 PM

I'm sad for Kim. She's sad.

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2022 2:21 AM

I feel bad for season 14. UK vrs. the World is totally going to overshadow it.

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2022 5:42 AM

Grand Rapids is where drag goes to die. And it did.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2022 5:54 AM

But there’s always a chance for Rusurrection

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2022 10:29 AM

Comcast's channel guide shows that All Stars 7, episode 1 will air on Friday on VH1 after the new episode of the new regular season, but I don't see any promotions for it anywhere. Is it a mistake?

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2022 10:56 AM

All Stars is not airing at the same time. And as for UK Vs. The world, no one in America will see it.

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2022 12:42 PM

Jesus...Kim Chi is not a house, she's an entire apartment building.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2022 12:58 PM

R68 Of course people will see it. Drag Race UK didn’t air in the US, yet was more popular than S13. Not everyone is an elder gay like you whose tech savy stopped at Tivo.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2022 1:13 PM

I’m trying to watch Jules and Mimi!

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2022 2:27 PM

r70 uhh yes it did. It was on Wow Presents Plus, Wow's streaming channel. All of the overseas ones are on WP+ Canada, UK, Italy, Holland, Spain.

I mean ALL Stars ended up on Paramount Plus and people still watched it.

re: William. When she compliments Ru dress and hair she is not complimenting Ru. It's call irony. Ru runs a show where drag queens have to make thier own clothes and do their own make up and Ru would be dead in the water if she had to do that. I give you exhibit A

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2022 2:38 PM

First 10 minutes or so of the next episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2022 9:02 PM

R72 And UK vrs The World will also be on Wow Presents so again the notion that no one in the US won’t watch it is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2022 9:13 PM

R72, Ru always said he only does drag for the money. He's a multimillionaire he can afford people to paint his mug and pick out his drag outfits for him. Why would the host need to abide by the rules of the show when he's there to host not to compete?

by Anonymousreply 75January 13, 2022 12:16 AM

[quote]This show is nothing but a commercial for the peaking drag fad that has hit the country.

It really has peaked. Since "drag is for everyone" there's not much talent left in the well. It's been saturated to blandness. Very few queens have made a success off the show and none have reached Rupaul's level of fame. These queens have to wait on Drag Con to hawk their overpriced merchandise or do a stint on the plethora of trashy reality tv shows out there like Big Brother. Wonder where they are all going be once these low rent gigs are no longer available.

by Anonymousreply 76January 13, 2022 12:22 AM

R58, What happened to Adore's face? Is she still crazy?

by Anonymousreply 77January 13, 2022 12:24 AM

R76 I disagree that few queens have made success off the show. Compared to similar reality shows such as top model and project runway, many queens have found success. No one is A list, but more than a few have made millions off the show.

But it really has reached its peak. It is no longer a fun event to look forward to. It will still linger around for a while, but the brand is overstretched.

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote] Ru runs a show where drag queens have to make thier own clothes and do their own make up and Ru would be dead in the water if she had to do that

She'll never have to again. She pilots the ship.

by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2022 1:44 AM

Raven looks great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2022 1:49 AM

R77 She's wearing some funky makeup. She quit drinking (mostly) and partying (weed only). She kicked her relative who was managing her career into the ground to the curb. She actually looks great now, just not in that clip. Very healthy. Try to catch one of the Instagram Lives she does with Bianca. They have so much fun together. Their season will always be my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2022 2:33 AM

[quote] Of course people will see it. Drag Race UK didn’t air in the US, yet was more popular than S13.

Link with viewing numbers.

Oh, you don’t have them?

THAT’S RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG.

So shut up, stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2022 3:32 AM

R83 And where are your viewing numbers?

Based on fan reception and engagement, UK 2 was much more popular than S13.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2022 4:26 AM

Bianca sells out large venues internationally.

She's doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2022 9:54 AM

"These queens have to wait on Drag Con to hawk their overpriced merchandise or do a stint on the plethora of trashy reality tv shows out there like Big Brother."

Not true

by Anonymousreply 85January 13, 2022 12:34 PM

Here’s my numbers, bitch.

[quote] Shot under strict health guidelines during the Covid-19 pandemic, Season 13 got off to a strong start with the premiere, which became the most-watched episode in the history of the franchise with a staggering 1.3 million total viewers, and maintained its momentum throughout the season.

No one bothered watching UK Season 2 in the US, but keep trying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 13, 2022 2:48 PM

R85, Care to elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2022 5:03 PM

Trixie Mattel, Katya and Bianca Del Rio have all done exceptionally well for themselves post-show, and perhaps some others, but out of 200 contestants doesn't seem like a lot of queens were able to capitalize on the show.

by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2022 5:12 PM

R88 Of course 200 queens will not all be able to have the same level of fame and success. At least 31 queens have over a million followers on IG, and 6 have two million. Those numbers alone come with a lot of opportunities. And that is just on metric. Many of the Queens have been in fashion shows and modeled for magazines such as Vogue, especially Fame. Raven got a job doing Ru’s makeup and now her own show. Willam and Shangela were in A Star Is Born, while Shangela, Eureka and Bob have their HBO show. Kim Chi has a good selling make up lane, Plastique is huge on Tik Tok. Courtney has a talk show. Many Queens have albums and books.

So, none of the Queens are A list, but many have found success in a pretty small field. This show literally made it possible for there to be more than one famous drag queen at a time.

by Anonymousreply 89January 13, 2022 5:33 PM

As much as Trixie annoys me when she doesn't have Katya by her side to round her out, Trixie is definitely in the running for Ru's spot. She won't get there because really she doesn't have the charisma Ru does. Playing to the young ones does not equal charisma. Katya is far more interesting, but is too over the heads of the now disgustingly coveted 14 year old demo. I am sure Katya is just fine with that.

Bimini needs to get her ass over to the US. She is likely the most talented one out of the bunch but if she wants more exposure, it needs to be here. Bitch serves looks like they are going out of style. Then again, she's not doing poorly. Oh, another British Vogue editorial? A few more runways? OK, I'll see if I can squeeze them in. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2022 1:10 PM

If you were Katya, you would be typing a little bit in Russian

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2022 3:04 PM

R90 I don’t think she needs to be in the US. She may very well just want to remain a sort of counter cultural fixture of the UK. Nothing wrong with that. She seems kind of above it all. I agree she is one of the most interesting figures to ever come from the show.

by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Bianca Del Rio would've made a great host, she could takeover from Ru or one of the other international iterations of drag. The "woke" fans got upset with her when she joked about the queen with the rape story. Can't remember her name.

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2022 6:33 PM

I don't 'get' Trixie. I adore Katya though.

by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2022 6:34 PM

R93 Unfortunately, I think Michelle will probably take over for Ru, although they will probably put a queen on the panel. I agree Bianca makes the most sense. I hope it isn’t Bob, the most overrated winner the show ever had.

by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2022 7:15 PM

Trixie is fab. She's witty and fun to watch. That's part of the reason she's the most successful queen to come out of DR. And she came from what fools say was the worst season. I never thought that because there are so many talented queens to come out of S7.

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2022 8:28 PM

R95, Bob looks like a pregnant transvestite. I can't believe how bad he still looks after all this time. If he became the host it would be nothing but trans people of color.

by Anonymousreply 97January 14, 2022 11:59 PM

And Raven has an Emmy, so I would say that she’s successful. But I don’t think she has the business acumen that Ru has.

by Anonymousreply 98January 15, 2022 12:23 AM

[Quote] And Raven has an Emmy, so I would say that she’s successful.

As does Delta.

by Anonymousreply 99January 15, 2022 12:29 AM

Pleasantly surprised by tonight's group of queens. After last week I would have said that Kornbread was going to run away with this, but she's got big competition in Algeria.

by Anonymousreply 100January 15, 2022 2:14 AM

Can I be the first to say that Angeria is giving big time velociraptor vibes. And I’m loving it.

by Anonymousreply 101January 15, 2022 3:03 AM

Angeria is a ray of sunshine. Maddy is adorkable.

by Anonymousreply 102January 15, 2022 3:07 AM

Are they telling them to be nice this season?? A little bitchiness would be nice. They need some 50 year old cunt to stir the shit,

by Anonymousreply 103January 15, 2022 3:14 AM

Shade is fine, but the sheer nastiness of Season 13 turned a lot of people off, so maybe they were asked to dial it back this season.

by Anonymousreply 104January 15, 2022 4:01 AM

I think it's now common for the queens to fear the backlash that being bitchy will bring you on social media.

With Jambalaya and Kornbread in last week's group, I was hoping for Fried Okra or Chess Pie with this group.

by Anonymousreply 105January 15, 2022 4:08 AM

RuPaul on tiktok. Lots and lots of surgery, fillers and facelifts - and he still looks like 61. The way they film his face is now beyond insane. He should never have had a chin reduction. It ruined both his drag face and his man face. It's very noticeable somewhere around Season 9. I doubt that he worries about it much. But what a weird thing to do in your mid fifties? He looked better before. His last weak "dancing" - ugh. No calves and no hips and totally geriatric. The back up boys are hot. Cover your legs and don't move RP. Stick to what works. RuPaul disappointed patrons in bars for most of the 1990s and half of the aughts. He travelled the gay bars of the world as RuPaul - the Drag Queen. He's a terrible performer. And a pain in the Ass. Door charged customers were instructed not to approach him with less than a 20 dollar bill. And he would lose any LSFYL. His great smile. Hides many things.

Old bitch still has a good TV show though.

Alicia Keys is not a ball of fun or wit, but still so beautiful and serene. Give her the Lena Horne biopic please. FALLINg.

This weeks episode was very boring. Angeria and Maddy were bright. Angeria is not going to win. Jaida Essence Hall already did it better and with much more beauty.

Maddy is not the first straight drag queen. How stupid.

Its Gottmik who should never been allowed on the show. A woman posing as a 'man' playing a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 15, 2022 6:03 AM

Jasmine is such a fine looking young guy. What a great face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 15, 2022 6:20 AM

Off topic - but Miss Fame continues to excel in the upper stratosphere of fashion. Drag Race told him he wasn't a performer or a real Drag Queen. She isn't. Miss Fame is a model and a muse. Seems all his dreams came true.

It's a good cast this year. Cornbread knows how to proportionize & perform. But she's not a locked in winner yet. Ru and the fan base are in love with Willow Pill too. The right two people went home the first episodes. Could be fun from here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 15, 2022 7:14 AM

[quote] Shade is fine, but the sheer nastiness of Season 13 turned a lot of people off, so maybe they were asked to dial it back this season.

This is interesting...I guess I don't remember season 13 at all! I remember the one with Gigi and Jaida, and nothing else.

...OK, I just looked it up. I remember now. Looking at the rundown, the only 'nastiness' I remember is Utica's mean roast performance. I do remember people here hated both Gottmik because she is transgender and Rosé (because he's showoffy?). It seems like pretty much everyone loved Symone, and nothing about Symone was 'nasty' that I can recall.

Anyway, too many seasons too soon. It's all a blur.

Since season 12 not even two years ago, there's been UK2 (or is it three?) Italy, Netherlands 2, Spain, Canada, All Stars 94, 13, now 14. Or maybe we're at 18 now. 20?

Who could keep track?

by Anonymousreply 109January 15, 2022 7:57 AM

I don't find the straight-guy thing shocking at all.

I was shocked when I first watched Drag Race and saw that Tyra had a son. That means he had sex with a woman and therefore may have been bi despite being so effeminate. And I can't think of anyone in particular, but I feel like other contestants have said they have kids. So from the beginning, I never thought of it as exclusively the domain of gay and trans people.

And it seems less strange to me for the show to cast a straight man who dresses as a drag queen than women who dress as drag queens—which makes NO sense at all. Yet, Drag Race has always had makeover challenges that turn women into...female impersonators; Drag U was dedicated to turning women into...female impersonators; and the celebrity show featured lots of women celebs being turned into...female impersonators, complete with (gasp!) wigs and makeup and heels and dresses!

Drag queens are men in dresses, so the gay/straight thing seems irrelevant to me. The woman-in-drag thing seems to be jumping the shark to me, though, unless we're talking about Rachel Maddow or Amy Walter types.

by Anonymousreply 110January 15, 2022 8:25 AM

Angeria is my least favorite. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 111January 15, 2022 1:49 PM

You don't remember Kandy?

by Anonymousreply 112January 15, 2022 1:56 PM

Alicia Keys is such a snoozefest. Wasn't her last hit around 18 years ago? And I thought she stopped wearing makeup... what happened?

by Anonymousreply 113January 15, 2022 1:58 PM

I think this season is miles ahead of the last, mostly because it doesn't have Kandy. And my two favorites are Kornbread and Algeria as well. Hope they get along!

by Anonymousreply 114January 15, 2022 2:05 PM

The only thing I didn't like about Angeria - and some drag queen in general - is when they do such sharp contouring on the nose that is appears as if they have a beak. Maddy was smart in the talent competition by playing the guitar rather than doing another lip sync. It made her stand out although, as the judges' comments said, it would have been better if she had played up to the camera. Just one though, I'd love for Ru to come into the Werk Room and announce, "This week, we're having a talent show. But there's a twist - you CANNOT do a lip sync routine. Save that for your elimination". Finally, the Pit Crew is back! Seems like they've been gone forever.

by Anonymousreply 115January 15, 2022 2:18 PM

Angeria looks like Olive Oil. - "is that her real nose? that's a shame."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 15, 2022 2:32 PM

A gaggle of twenty-something white/latino trannies and a token morbidly obese sassy black woman get together...

by Anonymousreply 117January 15, 2022 2:54 PM

Who was kicked off?

by Anonymousreply 118January 15, 2022 3:04 PM

Daya Betic - Crystal Method's drag daughter.

by Anonymousreply 119January 15, 2022 5:18 PM

Daya was not good. And her name is about as clever as Benda Over.

Ru got his new music slammed by NPR. Listen to the song SMILE - it's truly terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 15, 2022 5:55 PM

R110, I was surprised to learn the gross effeminate one that repeatedly came onto Raven and Raven was visibly disgusted by him had a child, I kept thinking what woman would want to sleep with that and have a child with it?! Same with Cucu and bulging-eyed Courtney Act who both claim to be bi, l find it hard to believe women would want to sleep with either of them. They're beyond effeminate it would be lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 121January 15, 2022 6:07 PM

SPOILER AHEAD

YOU'VE

BEEN

WARNED

R118 Crystal Methhed Jr

by Anonymousreply 122January 15, 2022 6:08 PM

Drag queens are gay men who do drag, that's where the term comes from, so it does seem rather odd for a straight man to call himself a drag queen isn't he saying he's gay as well? I'm sure Maddy is gay. A straight man who plays dress up is a transvestite.

by Anonymousreply 123January 15, 2022 6:12 PM

[quote]Willow Pill made me laugh and did Kornbread.

Well, Willow Pill's doing Kornbread made me throw up.

Oh, Dear.

by Anonymousreply 124January 15, 2022 6:15 PM

[quote]I was surprised to learn the gross effeminate one that repeatedly came onto Raven and Raven was visibly disgusted by him had a child

Oh yeah, Nicole Paige Brooks from Atlanta, Georgia. Raven was repulsed by Nicole's constant flirting with him, and it was funny how wounded Nicole acted at the reunion over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 15, 2022 6:29 PM

A drag queen doesn't have to be gay. IMO they should be born male though.

Dame Edna is straight and a famously messy man in his personal life. Lots of Drag Queens are bisexual and some are straight. Just as the ladyboys who used to sell it on the corner were.

BendelaCreme's partner is a transman. Born a woman.

Jinkx Monsoon is a whore - but a non binary one. Even BOB goes for the more feminine and skinny twink boys.

by Anonymousreply 126January 15, 2022 6:32 PM

Isn't Bob also in a throuple with a FTM?

by Anonymousreply 127January 15, 2022 6:48 PM

[quote] Drag queens are gay men who do drag, that's where the term comes from

Erm, but it doesn't. It comes from Shakespeare's company's use of "DRAG" as a stage cue for "enter dressed resembling a girl." Its origin is rooted in drama, not in sexual identity.

by Anonymousreply 128January 15, 2022 6:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 15, 2022 7:00 PM

An NPR writer has entered RuPaul's "the library is open" competition without being asked.

[quote] The most egregious rip-off comes in the form of the third track [of RuPaul's recent album Mamaru], "Smile," a song that could be mistaken for a karaoke version of Charli XCX's "anthems" if I heard it from outside of the club. To say the song is exactly the same would be an insult to Charli: It's like if Mamaru's producers heard how i'm feeling now and tried to recreate it from memory after a blackout-inducing hit of poppers. Everything feels lifted, from the overprocessed Auto-Tune to the jittery synth riff in the chorus. Had "Smile" came out in 2019, I would've thought it came with a Dylan Brady production credit — however, in 2022, the scene has already moved on, giving "Smile" the mark of bleak corporate reappropriation. It's a reminder that everything that made the OG hyperpop scene interesting and different is quickly being swallowed up and watered down for a larger audience, particularly one that embodies hegemonic, straight-approved forms of LGBTQ expression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 15, 2022 7:04 PM

Thanks for reposting R120s link, R130.🙄

by Anonymousreply 131January 15, 2022 7:16 PM

I liked Angeria. She was really fun.

by Anonymousreply 132January 15, 2022 7:26 PM

Angeria is the new Heidi

by Anonymousreply 133January 15, 2022 7:48 PM

I thought the straight guy would irk me. But he doesn't at all. He actually made a great point: There's only way to be "straight"? That's stupid. And he is a man, like all the other contestants, who likes dressing up as a woman for a show.

by Anonymousreply 134January 15, 2022 7:56 PM

Personally, I think he's a gay man who hasn't dealt with his sexuality, being brought up in evangelical land.

by Anonymousreply 135January 15, 2022 7:59 PM

R112 - I mean this season.

by Anonymousreply 136January 15, 2022 8:03 PM

Angeria's Drag is world class $$$ pageantry. The wonderful Miss Heidi N Closet had one good dress and charm and talent and humor MILES beyond looking pretty. She's still soft and supple.

by Anonymousreply 137January 15, 2022 8:11 PM

I like Angeria but she's hard to understand.....and like the poster wrote above - her shading makes it look like her huge honker is a beak. It's distracting.

Better talent in the first group - but we shall see what happens as time goes by.

by Anonymousreply 138January 15, 2022 9:12 PM

I find Willow Pill attractive, and I want to see him naked. I'll bet he's hung like a horse.

I like Maddy. It's nice to have someone there who can look at drag objectively. His Marie Antoinette was the most original runway look since Crystal Method's looks. I'd love to wear it at a costume party. I hope he brings more outside the box.

by Anonymousreply 139January 15, 2022 9:41 PM

Hmmm outside of Kornbread and possibly Bosco, not sure the first group is that much more talented. Kerri's talent seems to be looking good, but eventually she'll have to deliver more than that.

by Anonymousreply 140January 15, 2022 9:45 PM

Certainly the first group is more memorable than the second. I too like Kornbread, Willow, and Bosco. Maybe that little spitfire from the 2nd group- she looks like the same height as Willow.

I will never understand when voluminous dresses never reach the floor, but hovers around the ankle-it's such an inelegant silhouette (Katya, Maddy, et al).

by Anonymousreply 141January 15, 2022 10:26 PM

Well, I think Maddy is gay, even though he identifies as straight in a completely accepting environment, I know next to nothing about him, have never met him, and never will.

by Anonymousreply 142January 15, 2022 10:37 PM

^it’s cool either way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 15, 2022 11:22 PM

Get back to me next year, r142, when Maddy decides he's...fluid.

by Anonymousreply 144January 16, 2022 1:00 AM

R128, Drag has been around much longer than Shakespeare and since you're straight maybe you should know that Shakespeare was also queer. The term "drag queen" was not originated by Shakespeare nor used in his time, it was coined by gay men who do drag, to refer to other gay men who do drag. "Queen" meaning homosexual (typically a feminine gay man) and "drag" the feminine garb he wears. I don't know where you're getting this idea that it doesn't have anything to do with sexuality identity. Ever heard of the Pansy Craze....

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2022 1:26 AM

That Daya chick should feel fucking terrible that she went home before:

- a straight man - with a shittttt face - and a flammable wig - in a cheap ass costume - that was lazy and meant no tuck, padding, etc - all while wearing the most hideous fucking black ballet FLATS ever

Boot that bitch. And I could give two shits he’s a straight guy (hated Gottmik tho) but gotDAMN that runway was terrible.

Top 3 vibes are Bosco, Angeria, and Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 146January 16, 2022 1:30 AM

[quote]Drag Queens are bisexual and some are straight. Just as the ladyboys who used to sell it on the corner were.

Lol Nobody ever thought ladyboys were straight or even bi. We all know what they were.

by Anonymousreply 147January 16, 2022 1:34 AM

Back when I was a kid Dame Edna used to be on TV and there was only one word that was ever uttered about him and l knew exactly what it meant.

by Anonymousreply 148January 16, 2022 1:43 AM

Drag = Gay Blackface.

by Anonymousreply 149January 16, 2022 1:48 AM

Willow is a hardcore Datalounger

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 16, 2022 1:53 AM

If you grew up around the Korean and Vietnamese lady boys of my city - you would realize just how wrong your assumptions are R147. Petite pretty men with no money or prospects often worked the streets and had sex with men for money. Many of these ladyboys were straight or bisexual, or like a lot of hookers - a bit beyond sex. The money is not bad for a hard worker and some went home to their wives. The ladyboys - not just their clients.

The idea that all men who dress as women are gay is really weird to me. Displays great ignorance. But I suspect that most of those posts come from the central loon of the Drag Race threads. He's also a terrible RACIST who hates overweight Queens. All of them. We SEE you.

You obviously have never lived much outside your small little environment. Town/basement. Why do you think Ru ever recorded a song called Ladyboys? He wasn't talking about Law&Order old time tranny wharf hookers. Ladyboys are pretty petite (mostly asian and latin) men. They work a different corner and clientele. All online now.💋

by Anonymousreply 151January 16, 2022 1:55 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed that R150

by Anonymousreply 152January 16, 2022 2:18 AM

R149, you never got analogies, did you?

Thank heavens you never tried to take an ACT or SAT.

by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2022 2:30 AM

Angeria is the best so far. Plus, he's a handsome guy though the trade of the season is the PR guy.

by Anonymousreply 154January 16, 2022 2:36 AM

Thanks R150. That was fun. I hope she goes far.

by Anonymousreply 155January 16, 2022 3:24 AM

I heard a rumor from a friend of a friend of a contestant that Angeria, Willow and Bosco go "far" in the competition but that same intel told me that Daya Betty was also supposed to have gone "far" so I'm not very convinced by that intel now.

by Anonymousreply 156January 16, 2022 9:30 AM

Should be an interesting season.

by Anonymousreply 157January 16, 2022 11:34 AM

Was Flip Wilson straight? I loved his Geraldine, and that pre-dates Dame Edna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 16, 2022 12:20 PM

r150, very impressive, especially since she had like 4' x 4' space to perform.

by Anonymousreply 159January 16, 2022 12:27 PM

That Willow is a complex freak in all the best ways! Awesome...thanks (r150)

by Anonymousreply 160January 16, 2022 12:29 PM

Uncle Miltie beat Flip by almost 20 years. Not the same as Drag Queens, when you are a straight comedian.

by Anonymousreply 161January 16, 2022 2:04 PM

I thought the workd drag came from Shakespeare times it meant (dressed as a girl) denoted in the cast list sine only men were allowed to be actors at the time?

by Anonymousreply 162January 16, 2022 3:43 PM

Didn't the Panto dames come from the Shakespeare legacy?

by Anonymousreply 163January 16, 2022 4:01 PM

With Crystal as her drag mom, how did Daya Betty come so ill-prepared?

by Anonymousreply 164January 16, 2022 6:16 PM

[quote]The idea that all men who dress as women are gay is really weird to me

Nobody even said that here. Straight men dressing in drag are transvestites. It has nothing to do with the drag gay men do.

by Anonymousreply 165January 16, 2022 6:45 PM

If sexuality has nothing to do with being a drag queen then why is the "straight" one putting so much emphasis on being a straight guy? His whole gimmick is his sexual identity, that's the only reason he was chosen to be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 166January 16, 2022 6:48 PM

He is not emphasizing it. The production is for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 167January 16, 2022 7:01 PM

Maddy is clearly gay. Hello!

by Anonymousreply 168January 16, 2022 7:05 PM

He would be understandably self-conscious as the misfit in the group, just as the one gay person, Asian person, black person would.

RuPaul is the one who brought it up in the workroom and then that directed all the attention toward that issue.

He did mention it in confessional interviews that aired before RuPaul brought up that he is the first straight contestant, but confessional interview comments are responses to producers' questions—so again, producers brought it up, he answered, and because it is novel, they are going to make it a primary narrative of the season.

This many seasons into a show this formulaic, "firsts" like the first HIV-positive contestant, people with other illnesses (Yvie's Ehlers-Danlos, etc.), the first transgender one, the first trans man, the first straight man always are going to be staples because they can be positioned as 'brave,' and they offer lots of fodder for interesting conversations about personal feelings and societal concerns. They also offer great potential for a villain to identify themself by criticizing the 'other,' and then an arc that shows the two making up.

by Anonymousreply 169January 16, 2022 7:17 PM

I like Maddy now. She came armed with something thoughtful to say to the others.

by Anonymousreply 170January 16, 2022 7:40 PM

Next up: Scarlett Johansson guest stars as the first female to compete in Drag Race. Edgy!

by Anonymousreply 171January 16, 2022 7:55 PM

NO, it's going to be that horrible drag tot Lactacia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 16, 2022 8:03 PM

That Willow clip was fun. I watched a couple of the Meatball (my favorite drag name ever) clips—why hasn’t she been on Drag Race?

by Anonymousreply 173January 16, 2022 8:23 PM

We just watched. Only Angeria was good.

And combined with episode 1, only Angeria was good.

by Anonymousreply 174January 16, 2022 11:52 PM

I am not understanding the love for Angeria. She is definitely charming. But she seems like a low-rent Jaida Essence Hall.

by Anonymousreply 175January 17, 2022 7:13 AM

I think they are "bi", as in, will sleep with the T.

by Anonymousreply 176January 17, 2022 10:58 AM

I'm not bothered by the straight guy being a part of the cast. There are plenty of straight guys who are into cross dressing. Not my thing personally, I'm a gay guy but I was surprised when one of my local gay bars started hosting cross dressing nights. It was a whole different crowd, guys coming in with their girlfriends/wives.

by Anonymousreply 177January 17, 2022 1:56 PM

Maddy's drag is just not at the level of the other contestants, going by what he's shown so far. Michelle has already clocked him for his makeup. So far he seems to be a curiosity piece.

by Anonymousreply 178January 17, 2022 2:11 PM

Not huge on any of the queens this season. Willow and Angeria (the name sounds like a disease of some kind to me, but I will get past it) stick out but the rest all seem like middling variations on queens we have already seen compete on past seasons. Hope it gets better as it goes along.

As for Maddy, I don't really care about him competing, but it smells a bit of Ru trying to cross all of her T's and derail the complaints from the vocal segment of fans who continue to harp on the show not being "inclusive" enough. Makes me wonder if Ru will, after this, go back to casting the show however he pleases having assuaged the SJW fans.

Someone's point about Dame Edna , above, is a good one, regarding straight queens. Ru did have a "straight" one compete already in the UK on season 1, although I think that contestant (Scaredy Cat) eventually said he was bi.

Still... I think the show was better when it focused more on the traditional interpretation of drag, which is gay men doing female impersonation and female illusion. Opening it up to the broader interpretation s of what drag can be dilutes it and makes it less special. As I said many comments above, it might as well become a cosplay competition that anyone can enter, otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 179January 17, 2022 2:27 PM

Angeria does remind me of Jaida, but I didn't find Jaida to be paricularly strong in the charisma and uniqueness categories—I actually forgot about her altogether until someone mentioned her—and so I kind of think of her as resembling Jaida but more like Heidi, who I loved. She's a Jaida-Heidi hybrid.

by Anonymousreply 180January 17, 2022 2:53 PM

I suppose it’s the natural extension of “diversity” to dilute the subversion of drag and its home in the gay community. They may as well have a pregnant mom on.

by Anonymousreply 181January 17, 2022 3:51 PM

I see in-utero fetal drag in my crystal ball...

by Anonymousreply 182January 17, 2022 4:26 PM

Does Mandy perform in clubs or is this just a hobby? Not understanding at all why they put him on since he is so DIY amateur.

by Anonymousreply 183January 17, 2022 4:34 PM

I love those country black queens like Heidi, Angeria, and the dearly departed Chi Chi. I’m not saying they are the best, but they sure are charming.

by Anonymousreply 184January 17, 2022 4:42 PM

Maddy's entrance outfit looked like a lesbian mom trying to get down with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 185January 17, 2022 6:31 PM

Angeria is my favorite. Love her

by Anonymousreply 186January 17, 2022 6:34 PM

Hopefully Maddy will be the first and last. Otherwise it’s not drag anymore.

by Anonymousreply 187January 17, 2022 6:39 PM

R156

I’m hearing that Daya Betty might come back, so that person still might be right.

by Anonymousreply 188January 17, 2022 6:39 PM

Yeah, the Nancy Drews on Reddit counted 14 chocolate bars for the candy twist, so I'm pretty sure that Orion and Daya are coming back.

by Anonymousreply 189January 17, 2022 6:44 PM

And Michelle’s show Watcha Packin hasn’t dropped yet for either episode.

by Anonymousreply 190January 17, 2022 6:48 PM

R183 I'm certain they made a ref to him working clubs. I think one of the other queens knows him from clubs, nyet?

by Anonymousreply 191January 17, 2022 7:05 PM

R184 Me too! I loved Chi Chi sooo much. I really wanted him to win his season. His All Stars season was a little less impressive, but what a charmer. I also thought he was adorable out of drag, but his personality was what shone the most.

by Anonymousreply 192January 17, 2022 7:07 PM

I don't buy that BS from Daya about no money - girl Crystal was on two season ago...you have SOME idea how much it takes.

by Anonymousreply 193January 17, 2022 11:22 PM

Crystal has been traveling around the world for the past two years, probably left Daya high and dry.

by Anonymousreply 194January 18, 2022 12:16 AM

Seems like Daya should called Betty. Makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 195January 18, 2022 2:54 AM

Mia Culpa.

by Anonymousreply 196January 18, 2022 2:56 AM

Cute out of drag but I don't think we need any more Crystal Method make up.

by Anonymousreply 197January 18, 2022 3:31 AM

She is R195.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 198January 18, 2022 3:32 AM

I'm confused by the Kim Chi references above. Did she appear on Season 14 at some point so far? I didn't see her (and I'm sure we would have noticed).

by Anonymousreply 199January 18, 2022 5:58 PM

Kim Chi is one of the least interesting Drag Race finalists of all time. If anyone was made for instagram only - it's she. At least Pearl does some wild impersonations.

by Anonymousreply 200January 18, 2022 8:15 PM

R199, she and Adore did a promo for the new Scream that aired during the episode where she sounded drunk, slurred her words, and was dressed under a Ghostface circus tent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 18, 2022 8:38 PM

Kim Chi is now East Korea.

by Anonymousreply 202January 18, 2022 10:15 PM

My only problem with Maddie is where was the charisma, where was the humor? His personality was far too subdued for a drag queen. He had a perfect chance to really impress Ru in their little talk but he gave her nothing, you gotta know how to make Ru laugh. As the first straight contestant that gives him lots of opportunity for unmined humor.

So far he seems like the straight contestant, and you don't want to come across like a stick in the mud. Hopefully it was jitters and he will relax and liven up.

by Anonymousreply 203January 18, 2022 10:25 PM

The show edits and builds storylines as they need to. Whether people choose to accept it or not, the same is true for ALL reality shows. The straight guy will go far I'm sure. He's the "hook" this season unless they orchestrate an "I can't deal with all the gay drama" exit for him.

by Anonymousreply 204January 18, 2022 11:51 PM

Maddy was not cast accidentally. Sheesh. Of course he's the "hook." The completely obnoxious Gottmik is co-hosting Fashion Photo Review this season and has already done an episode of the Pit Stop. She's the previous hook. I don't mind that she has a vagina - I just can't stand her stupid catchphrases and beyond annoying CACKLE. Or her makeup. The hormones are not kind to her voice.

Crystal Methyd really annoyed me. He ended up top 3 by playing a long con of showing he could do many things AND still remain truly weird. He and Jaida are great friends - finally doing very well from their lockdown season. Crystal finished in third place - where Heidi belonged. She won a challenge too. And fucked up in front of Whoopie. That's the week that Crystal won her only challenge. The cat litter dance. Was funny.

Season 12 remains the best Drag Race season since Season 5. What a cast. The final six were all stellar. Including Sherry Pie.

by Anonymousreply 205January 19, 2022 12:00 AM

It actually looks like it's going to be fun, although they're missing Oz, Italy, and Spain. Meet the queens- UK vs the World:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 19, 2022 12:13 AM

This creature was 'not gay' and had a girlfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 19, 2022 12:13 AM

They may have to change the show to “Clown Race.” Where is the illusion and glamour?

by Anonymousreply 208January 19, 2022 12:17 AM

Moetch beh'ah!

by Anonymousreply 209January 19, 2022 12:17 AM

Kat identified as bisexual though r207, not straight.

by Anonymousreply 210January 19, 2022 1:26 AM

R205, Is gottmilk still doing the kabuki makeup?

by Anonymousreply 211January 19, 2022 5:06 PM

R207, What was he so "terrified" of? Pretending to not be gay? He doesn't even read like a heterosexual feminine man, he reads like a stereotypical fem gay man. He's not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 212January 19, 2022 5:12 PM

That episode of Pit Stop with Gotmik was hard to get through. I don’t find her funny or clever and she laughs at everything. It may be a nervous laugh, but it makes her hard to watch. I didn’t find her as annoying when she was on Trixie’s channel for an episode. I think Trixie is good at managing others when talking to them and getting the best out of them.

by Anonymousreply 213January 19, 2022 5:14 PM

I think Gottmik is also annoying the way she laughs at everything. She is a woman, like many others, who has adhered herself to gay and drag culture out of a sense of fun and to have a place to belong, when the rest of the world seems to dull or unaccepting to them.

Women like this have all appear to have uniformly decided they need to telegraph 'fabulous', even though it is phony as shit. You are not a gay man, and this is not your circus, lady. We got your number.

by Anonymousreply 214January 19, 2022 6:58 PM

I hate Gottmik's terrible name but aside from that, I found [unsure of appropriate pronoun] more endearing than off putting personality-wise. Very much not a fan of the makeup, though.

by Anonymousreply 215January 19, 2022 9:41 PM

The homophobic straight women and the homophobic straight men with a panty fetish on Reddit are losing their minds and in full trainwreck mode over the conversation about gold star gays. Apparently it’s offensive to women and trans people that biological gay men have only ever had sex with other biological men.

The phone call is truly coming from inside the house now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 19, 2022 9:42 PM

Let's be honest. The Straight drag queen has terrible makeup skills. It's like a straight guy dresses up for Halloween bad. The headless thing got him by but I doubt that will carry him through and he needs like exponential makeup skills. Aiden Zayne was better.

by Anonymousreply 217January 19, 2022 11:40 PM

It's interesting that Dragula is actually first to feature bio-queens, drag king, and straight men drag queens first, and yet RuPaul will trumpet that they're making history with theirs.

by Anonymousreply 218January 20, 2022 12:40 PM

R216, I thought it was going to be all one-sided but there are some good sensible comments in there which is a relief. Glad to see push back against this garbage. The "gay" trans man complaining how it ruined her day can sit and spin on it lol. Imagine being that pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 219January 20, 2022 4:28 PM

Lol They've all been complaining and whining that Rupaul "outed" the straight one and somehow that put him in "danger", looks like his fans are pitching hard for a victim/sob story. Apparently Ru is a " bad person" and this is just like outing gay men... yeah because a "straight" man in a room full of gay cross-dressers is really under serious threat. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 220January 20, 2022 4:33 PM

I thought that Gold Star Gay meant that you were a Caesarian delivered baby? No vagines touched at all.

by Anonymousreply 221January 20, 2022 4:37 PM

Somebody said they were gonna try and make him into a victim "the mean gays bullying the straight guy" bull. It's gonna be nonstop "I'm so oppressed" and look how terrible the "cis white gays" are being. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 222January 20, 2022 4:40 PM

You're thinking of 'platinum star gay', R221.

by Anonymousreply 223January 20, 2022 4:42 PM

I watched a few interview clips with Ru for the television archive (or something like that) yesterday and I still like and respect him.

I think the reason he ends up hated is that he is just forthright and honest.

He declined reality shows for several years because he didn't want to do a mean-spirited show, and then he was told Drag Race would aim to showcase the art of drag and he was sold on it. He said what he didn't expect is how moving the stories of so many contestants would be, and he should have anticipated that. Yada yada his Oprahspeak.

He sounds like he really respects the young misfits he casts. I think he does. Listening to his podcast reveals he has forgotten about many and he can't remember what winners were with what seasons and I don't understand why the poor recall of a lifelong drug addict is regarded as a character flaw. He has a shitty memory.

Yes, he told someone that "what you say only matters when the camera is rolling." That's good advice and direction for a reality show. It's not offensive.

RuPaul didn't anticipate Drag Race would have so much "heart" because he was thinking about doing an entertainment project, not adopting 16 drag queens every year. He is a hardworking entertainment professional and not a lovable sentimental person, and the advice he gives is life advice that shouldn't be construed as "I now accept responsibility for you emotionally and financially until the day you die."

He has the same birthday as my mother and she was similar. Actually, she could be sentimental, but mostly she was so straightforward and matter of fact that it alarmed most people who didn't know her well, but she always had good intentions and she was almost always right about everything. She didn't have an opinion about every single thing, but she was expert in some areas and she would take offense if you disregarded her direction because she knew she knew better. Maybe it's because of the birthday coincidence, but I interpret RuPaul the same way: sharp mind, big heart, hard shell, good intentions, cutting delivery.

by Anonymousreply 224January 20, 2022 4:45 PM

And you're old enough to be Ru's mother, aren't you R224.

Your PR piece about him is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 225January 20, 2022 6:49 PM

^ hi willam!

by Anonymousreply 226January 20, 2022 6:56 PM

tl:su R224.

🙀

by Anonymousreply 227January 20, 2022 11:21 PM

R224

Oh, my sides!

RuPaul is a driven, pot smoking, self centered, old bitch whose artistic sensibility peaked in 1975 while watching reruns of Hee Haw and Laugh In.

"RuPaul" the Supermodel of the World was entirely the creation of Mathu Andersen. Before that, Ru was a messy NYC queen/go go boy in bad and sloppy drag (and before that, a messy Atlanta punk queen who barely did drag).

She can't paint or style herself. She's a terrible performer in person (ask anyone who ever say her do a live show 'back in the day') and a cunt to work with (ask anyone who ever booked her).

All that said, she's hugely charismatic and a great star and the show was originally a smart piece of work.

But, she ain't that nice. It's hard to be very nice and climb that ladder.

by Anonymousreply 228January 20, 2022 11:26 PM

Preview of tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 21, 2022 7:25 PM

Oh god

by Anonymousreply 230January 22, 2022 12:56 AM

These fashion parades are too much for me to process and retain. I wish they'd save this category for a few episodes in when I have a better sense of who is who.

by Anonymousreply 231January 22, 2022 1:13 AM

The straight guy sucked!

But June sucked more. Totally joyless. Why?

by Anonymousreply 232January 22, 2022 1:32 AM

Damn Ru is fucked up. "Coffee enema"

by Anonymousreply 233January 22, 2022 1:58 AM

R233 That's a real thing.

It's actually a service that the original French 'restaurants' used to provide to 'restore' people's vitality.

King Louis XIV was addicted to either coffee or tobacco enemas, I can't remember which. He had them administered 10 or 20 times a day at one point.

by Anonymousreply 234January 22, 2022 2:05 AM

Yeah, but we all know it was coke.

by Anonymousreply 235January 22, 2022 2:08 AM

Uhh... what was up with Ru tonight?

Bye June. You were great. In your own mind.

by Anonymousreply 236January 22, 2022 2:13 AM

June wasn’t even great in her own mind.

by Anonymousreply 237January 22, 2022 2:28 AM

Deborah Birx admitted that at least a couple hubdred thousand Americans died unnecessarily from COVID because of how Trump dealt with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 22, 2022 2:32 AM

“I eat ASS you guys, I can eat a bug!” Daya Betty

by Anonymousreply 239January 22, 2022 2:51 AM

"Keep eatin' dem bugs! That's how you get the diabetes!"

—Ghost of Chi Chi.

by Anonymousreply 240January 22, 2022 2:56 AM

"Keep eatin' dem bugs! That's how you get the diabetes!"

—Ghost of Chi Chi in full life-size form hiding in Kim Chi (with Sahara Davenport)

by Anonymousreply 241January 22, 2022 3:00 AM

Eigenberg's accent is the same but his pitch is (or used to be?) lower and easier to tolerate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 22, 2022 3:07 AM

Oddly enough, I’m truly surprised that most (if not all) of the queens on this season are… likable? Even the straight one. Lots of queens with warm personalities. It’s definitely refreshing g compared to the trash personalities of so many queens from Season 13.

by Anonymousreply 243January 22, 2022 3:36 AM

Kornbread was so kind this episode. Almost makes me feel bad for saying she looks like Aunt Jemima out of drag. She better have given Daya her 1k though.

Ru was fucked up this episode. So weird. By this season and with all the other shows going on, I would want to be too.

Too many looks. The categories made no sense. I couldn’t really process or evaluate them. Bleh. Thought Jorgeous’ final look was shit but it was praised? A skirt with a last-minute cross-strap of fabric at the top? Ooook.

June should feel bad and hate her self for losing to Maddie. Hooooly shit Maddie was terrible so losing to that takes some kind of special skill.

by Anonymousreply 244January 22, 2022 4:26 AM

How was Bosco and Willow Pill tonight? They are the only interesting ones.

by Anonymousreply 245January 22, 2022 4:37 AM

Today would have been a great time for a double elimination.

by Anonymousreply 246January 22, 2022 5:03 AM

Who is this lame guest judge? So boring.

by Anonymousreply 247January 22, 2022 5:44 AM

June was horrible! Cha Cha bad!

by Anonymousreply 248January 22, 2022 6:00 AM

R247 she was on the Netflix show Bling Empire which was about a bunch of wealthy vapid wannabes. She’s also been on Dancing With The Stars. I believe she’s married to a plastic surgeon.

She was zzzzzzzzzzzzzz on drag race.

by Anonymousreply 249January 22, 2022 6:16 AM

R246 It was honestly a worse lip sync than the "I Will Survive" on S8 with Laila McQueen and Dax Exclamation Point. Maddy is just an absolute freak, and they aren't going to let him get off the show without crying a few more times about how hard it is to be a straight white man in the drag business. lol it's so emasculating, why anyone would let him fuck is beyond me. But I notice the female fans of the show are obsessed with him.

by Anonymousreply 250January 22, 2022 7:25 AM

Maddy seems heavily on the Aspergers spectrum and for some reason, a ton of them are into gender play.

June was a nasty piece of work saying that shit that Orion about how she was sad she came back. June reminds me of a lower-rent Monique Heart and is just as delusional. None of her outfits fit or looked good on her because in her head she looks like Angeria. She doesn’t.

I don’t mind if Maddy has a few episode grace period. Having a straight person in the room makes me for dynamics that are more interesting than her drag and it is a TV show at the end of the day.

I was totally impressed by Kornbread and how nurturing and compassionate she was with Willow. She’s my sentimental favorite now.

by Anonymousreply 251January 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Willow was amazing and definitely deserved the win. She is wise well beyond her years. I am loving Jorgeous' energy. A couple of Carson Kressley's quips had laughing out loud tonight. Love him. Michelle was a bitch to the snoozefest judge, and I was there for it. Ru had a manic energy that she should infuse into the show more often, It was a nice change of pace from her regular scripted self. I wonder if any of the eliminated lipsyncers will get the golden Willy Wonka chocolate bar?

by Anonymousreply 252January 22, 2022 9:25 AM

I don’t know if they’ve showed Maddy’s girlfriend, but I imagine her as this chubby - well, fat - Lens Dunham type with rainbow colored hair and purple lipstick who calls herself non-binary, gender fluid.

by Anonymousreply 253January 22, 2022 10:49 AM

And cat glasses⬆️

by Anonymousreply 254January 22, 2022 1:04 PM

As always, the cast is too big for me to really grasp who most of them are, and this thousand-outfit fashion show was mind scrambling. But like everyone else, I've zeroed in on Willow as the one who really stands out and above the crowd. Likewise the one with the nose although I can't think of her name—the Heidi-Jaida hybrid.

Maddy, too, of course, but Maddy is lacking in stage presence/charisma, and I'm certain I'm not thinking that just because RuPaul said so. Maddy doesn't have 'it' and is staying repressed. I'm tempted to think of a reason for that but I won't go there because it's irrelevant to the show.

I didn't think it would happen, but another cast has engaged me. The endless and constant seasons and the same formula every time is beyond tired, but very good casting this time IMO thanks to the standouts.

It's really weird how Spain was also outstanding but all the other iterations of late could not hold my attention. I tried with every one of them and glazed over.

Absence really does make the heart grow fonder. RuPaul should put a halt to new seasons for two or three years and make us actually want to watch more IMO. I really think the audience would end up looking forward to more instead of begrudgingly watching out of a feeling of obligation and occasionally breathing a sigh of relief when it turns out to be watchable.

Ru and crew could spend the interim years recording seasons and just bottle them up.

by Anonymousreply 255January 22, 2022 2:16 PM

This week would have been good for a multi-contestant LPFYL as there were a few looks which I thought weren't great. As someone mentioned above, it was too many looks to process at one time, forgetting who wore what as well as some looks simply being forgettable in themselves. I think what killed June in the Lip Sync was the wig reveal (too early in the competition), lmissing beats when trying to remove her dress while dancing, losing her shoes and not knowing/forgetting some of the lyrics (having her back to the judges while performing).

by Anonymousreply 256January 22, 2022 2:16 PM

Bosco is a rip off Sasha Velour. Has anyone mentioned that? Seriously my local queen in Tuscaloosa could get cast next year and get top 4 if next years cast is just as disappointing. Willow Pill and Angeria are great, but if they were in season 9, they would be first outs. Maybe the good queens in this country are waiting until Covid is over before they audition again.

by Anonymousreply 257January 22, 2022 2:32 PM

I don't agree with that at all. Willow is a standout, and Angeria also a standout but less so because she is similar to past standouts.

Willow is a callback to what made early seasons great. She's got a fun and off-kilter personality and style. She's bizarre looking, which is a little strange at first and then becomes endearing and makes a stamp on you. She reminds me of the weirdos like Jinkx, Detox, et al.

But speaking of Jinkx, we will never get another Jinkx or Chi Chi or Miz Cracker again, will we? They were all dirt poor, and now the show requires that contestants spend tens or thousands on wardrobe to compete. I don't like it. There is some appeal to the fashion parades, but I can take them or leave them. I want more talent and don't need as much extravagance.

by Anonymousreply 258January 22, 2022 3:13 PM

I like the design challenges, but I'm not much of a fan of these multi-look ball challenges before half the cast has been eliminated, and certainly not with the entire group.

I know why they do it - the contestants spend so much damn money on their outfits before coming on the show that they want even the early boots to show at least a few of them before they go home.

by Anonymousreply 259January 22, 2022 3:23 PM

I wish another queen would paint Maddy to show her what a beat mug looks like. She is doing like amy winehouse minimum makeup and that dollar store jumsuit? damn. She is lucky June Jumbtron fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 260January 22, 2022 3:28 PM

As has been mentioned - just too many outfits to look at.

I like Willow and Kornbread - the others are just sad delusional low rent queens. Angeria's horrible beak painting is annoying. I like her, but she's hard to look at - and understand.

I also watched the bonus episode of All-Stars......can we please lose Sulky Nutsack - she is hideous and her redemption appearance is not being televised. I was happy that she was NOT in many shots and didn't get much camera time.

by Anonymousreply 261January 22, 2022 3:46 PM

I'd rather watch half a season of clothing design challenges (or any other creative challenge) than a single episode with 45 outfits on the catwalk or another lame choreographed song-and-dance episode.

by Anonymousreply 262January 22, 2022 4:43 PM

Ru was 100% right to Maddy. He is a straight guy in a dress right now, not a drag queen. He needs to loosen up, feel the fantasy and just have fun. He is coming across as so boring and humorless.

by Anonymousreply 263January 22, 2022 4:47 PM

Maddy doesn't seem to have a drag persona, other than, "hey, I'm a straight guy in makeup and a dress."

by Anonymousreply 264January 22, 2022 4:57 PM

Wasn't Maddy from an extreme religious background, like the Mormons or something? It would explain the real willingness to let go and actually act like a drag queen, plus the lack of the big picture of styling.

I adore Willow and Kornbread- I hope Willow gave Kornbread $1000 to have helped her out with the wedding outfit that the judges loved. Bosco didn't stand out for me this episode.

I rewatched RPDR UK S3 and the queen (19 years old!) who won was so polished . I also wondered how she afforded all her outfits, since she came from a really poor family) over all these queens.

by Anonymousreply 265January 22, 2022 5:24 PM

"real unwillingness"

by Anonymousreply 266January 22, 2022 5:25 PM

I think Maddy was a crew member and the producers said "hey, put on a dress and here's your storyline."

by Anonymousreply 267January 22, 2022 5:46 PM

"Let me slip into something more comfortable."

by Anonymousreply 268January 22, 2022 5:56 PM

WRONG THREAD, IGNORE.

by Anonymousreply 269January 22, 2022 6:00 PM

R255 Spain was a really great season. Perhaps one of the best foreign seasons. I think part of what made it great were the judges. Supremme was a really great, warm host. The Javis & Ana Locking were all great and gave good feedback, critiques, and seemed to really love the girls. My theory for why the judges are great is because they're "artists." The Javis are actors/directors and Ana is a fashion designer, so they know what it's like to be creative/judged and they were SERIOUS about judging, not there to make quips, etc.

Sometimes I just think... who the fuck is Michelle (aside from being Ru's BFF) to judge people?!? The HILARIOUS Ross Matthews? Jesus. I actally think that Carson Kressley is the best judge on the American judge. No wonder why Shannel quit the show in season 1, I'd quit if I were judged by Santino, too. Like, who the fuck are these people???

My actual favorite judge, across all iterations, was Art Arya from Thailand. Frightening, yet warm. How often does a judge have to tell the queens to STOP literally setting themselves on fire?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 22, 2022 6:12 PM

Well the US judges don't seem to matter at all in the end. It comes down to what RuPaul or the producers want. US judges don't get a vote.

And yeah, the judges can make or break it as we saw with Canada. I was so annoyed with all the judges except the Jamaican woman in season one giving crits like, "I don't like blue. I would have worn another color. I don't really like that length of skirt, either, and I wouldn't wear that wig, although nothing is wrong with it; it's just not my style." Totally useless and subjective. Michelle has done that with the color green, which is stupid, but RuPaul ignores her judgments when he decides who stays or goes so it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 271January 22, 2022 6:21 PM

Yeah, that's true R271. None of the opinions of the American/UK judges matter, it really does come down to Ru and the producers. I suppose that's what makes a season like Spain or Thailand more "exciting" to watch.

by Anonymousreply 272January 22, 2022 6:26 PM

I’d swear Ru was rutocxicated last night. Too many vodka sodas.

by Anonymousreply 273January 22, 2022 6:29 PM

Yeah, that's why only the personalities of the judges in the US matter, not their acumens. Michelle really does have a good voice. But it doesn't matter much.

I have always wondered who records the vocal tracks for the pre-recorded musical numbers. Is Michelle involved in that?

Carson and Ross are just there to be quippy and gay.

by Anonymousreply 274January 22, 2022 6:31 PM

This is the woman who does most of the voice for most of the lipsync challenges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 22, 2022 6:39 PM

Wiww Powndcake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 22, 2022 6:49 PM

Just like they don't tell the "girls" to pad anymore - they can't tell Maddy to CINCH!! They're all men, straight or otherwise. If he wants to do drag - CINCH that fucking HOGBODY. And his clothes are terrible.

I really like Kornbread but she's not as polished a Drag Queen or performer as the constantly robbed Eureka. Korn is a nicer person for sure - but Eureka was the most gifted big girl contestant the show has seen. She could and did do it all. Won everything but the crown. I said what I said. Proportionize.

Willow Pill appears to be in deep kidney failure/organ rejection - But in Drag, she's fantastic and unique and humorous and C U T E. There's your winner. I dig her. But I really like Lady C and Angie and Daya too.

Kerry, Bosco, Orion, and Deja are good at what they do - and they all remind me of other queens who have been on the show. Angeria too of course. But she's too amazing to ignore. No way she doesn't make top 4.

Jorgeous is a not little number in Drag. Ru was right - he was just born for it. He's a homely street urchin as a guy - and a sexy spitfire with perfect petite proportions as a woman. Fantastic energy and appeal.

I wasn't sold on Willow Pill the first episode. But now that I've got it - I see the future. Or Crown miss eye popping Kornbread. She's sassy and soulful. Beautiful spirit.

by Anonymousreply 277January 22, 2022 7:00 PM

Carson I enjoy. Ross I would be fine if they replaced him to freshen up the panel.

Alan Carr is a really great judge for UK.

Canada....eh. Brooklyn has come into her own as a host but the judges around her are not great.

by Anonymousreply 278January 22, 2022 7:09 PM

I'll chime in with r270 with Art and also Pangina Heels being great judges- very good critical advice, , no pussyfooting around, no puns, all given with sincerity and warmth- they seem to really care for the girls. I'll throw in the Boulet Brothers as good judges as well on their own show, Dragula.

Pangina is a contestant on RPDR UK vs the world, so it's going to be interesting .

by Anonymousreply 279January 22, 2022 9:33 PM

I want them to call half of these girls out on the blinding highlight they are using this season. June, Deja...Deja is just so bargain basement and the white makeup stripe under her eyes is inexcusable!. Is it my TV?

by Anonymousreply 280January 23, 2022 2:04 AM

There are so many basic bitches this season, I don’t even know which one is Deja yet.

by Anonymousreply 281January 23, 2022 2:30 AM

Willow Pill and Kornbread are the only ones I care about. Maybe the one guy whose mom killed herself. He seems like a sweet soul

by Anonymousreply 282January 23, 2022 2:55 AM

There are more than a few posts like this tonight on Twitter, regarding Ru's... love of coffee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 23, 2022 3:30 AM

RuEnema? Nah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284January 23, 2022 3:33 AM

Seizure? I never touched her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285January 23, 2022 3:36 AM

Catch my drift?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 23, 2022 3:39 AM

Ru would have slayed if he'd gone into the Jessie-on-caffeine monologue from Saved By The Bell.

by Anonymousreply 287January 23, 2022 3:51 AM

Violet Chachki is insanely perfect and still THAT bitch. Brutal and totally unafraid of the RPDR franchise. She gives real critiques. Funnier. Wittier. Concise and Confident. Bitch knows her fashion as is as big a fan of Drag Race as ALL the suck up alumni. Violet is even gracious enough to make Monet feel she has a right to be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 23, 2022 6:37 AM

R287 Ru is probably too old to be familiar with Saved By the Bell (even though he did a 90210 thing with Jennie and Tori...), but it would be a really fun episode.

Two teams, each one would have to act out a memorable scene like "I'm so excited...I'm so...SCARED!"

Mark-Paul and Elizabeth could be guest judges.

And the final lip sync could be this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 23, 2022 1:20 PM

I didn't really register the severity of Willow's illness. She has cystinosis, which is life threatening, and she had to have a liver transplant at age 14. People with it often don't live to age 50 and blindness is common. Her unusual features are caused by the illness. The poor thing. She was already my favorite, but now I really want her to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 24, 2022 1:13 AM

Your pity should make her win R290! The fandom loves her too - because they never like the attractive girls. Or the fat ones. Or the black ones. That said - Willow Pill is also one to watch.

by Anonymousreply 291January 24, 2022 6:51 AM

Ru loves the damage above all else. So Willow it is.

by Anonymousreply 292January 24, 2022 11:12 AM

Reading all that about Willow makes me love her even more. She’s my fave by far.

by Anonymousreply 293January 24, 2022 11:45 AM

It's not a big pill....it's a willow pill.

by Anonymousreply 294January 24, 2022 8:29 PM

Willow Pill had a kidney transplant actually. I'm rooting for her as well.

by Anonymousreply 295January 24, 2022 9:27 PM

Forget the sympathy vote. I'm rooting for Willow just because of her fashion sense and her joy in doing drag. Very unique performer.

by Anonymousreply 296January 24, 2022 9:30 PM

I loved all of Willow’s looks at the ball. Such a well-deserved win. She’s also a total sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 297January 24, 2022 9:34 PM

Yes, Willow for the win. In a season of basic bitches, half baked performers, and pageant queens, she stands out. A true, twisted, funny original.

by Anonymousreply 298January 25, 2022 2:55 AM

Did you see how everyone was genuinely happy for her win?

by Anonymousreply 299January 25, 2022 1:29 PM

I think they are setting Willow up like a Jinx. Kornbread said she is the only one who talks to her so I can see the other queens talking about "why is she getting the wins" etc.

by Anonymousreply 300January 25, 2022 3:37 PM

R300, that's the narrative that they're giving us, but I suppose that some take themselves too seriously, while Willow lets us in on the joke, and she does it with so much fun. Much like Yvie's year.

by Anonymousreply 301January 25, 2022 4:48 PM

I wanted Violet to win in S7 and am glad my support of her has been vindicated ala these past two seasons' ball reviews, R288. It's time for her to lead the CUNT RENAISSANCE of drag because I like my drag queens to be absolute cunts.

They were not gowns and they were not bridal and there are BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS IN THE JUNGLE. Thank you, Violet.

Also Violet is now officially in the first half of winners in this franchise which is crazy. She's basically old school at this point.

by Anonymousreply 302January 25, 2022 6:53 PM

R301 Willow and Yvie are drag sisters and both have serious chronic illnesses that will almost certainly shorten their lifespans significantly. I think that goves them more joie de vivre.

by Anonymousreply 303January 25, 2022 8:59 PM

Ah yes, r303, I totally forgot about that. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 304January 25, 2022 9:19 PM

I really thought Willow was Asian.

by Anonymousreply 305January 25, 2022 9:58 PM

I thought she was one of Bruce Willis's daughters.

by Anonymousreply 306January 25, 2022 11:42 PM

That was just a rumer.

by Anonymousreply 307January 26, 2022 11:14 AM

Taterhead? is that you in momma's dress?

by Anonymousreply 308January 26, 2022 2:37 PM

Why the hell would anyone want to watch fifty thousand outfits from people we don't even know yet? What a strange choice, Ru.

As I said after the first ep? The only two that interest me are Willow Pill and Kornbread.

by Anonymousreply 309January 27, 2022 4:53 AM

And they weren't very good outfits either. It was way overkill. And the concepts were bizarre. Animal print wedding dress? To call this a "ball" was an insult to balls.

Violet got it right, as usual. She's that bitch. I fucking love her.

by Anonymousreply 310January 27, 2022 5:00 AM

Really boring.

by Anonymousreply 311January 27, 2022 8:43 AM

Jorgeous is so cute. I think he’s the real trade of this season.

by Anonymousreply 312January 27, 2022 3:39 PM

It was definitely one of the worst balls ever on drag race. Possibly the worst.

by Anonymousreply 313January 27, 2022 4:49 PM

Watch the whole video, unless you hate Priyanka. She and Bob are two of the smartest and more direct queens out there. They trash the show more than the outfits. BoB has really come into himself by going rogue. I'm a fan. I know Priyanka and a smarter cuter funnier guy you will not meet. He's like Adore - but with a brain and talent.

Otherwise - just go to the 3:00 mark and watch Bob's face and response when Priyanka asks BoB if RuPaul is 'nice'. Priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 27, 2022 10:23 PM

I can't watch anything with Bob in it. He's repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 315January 27, 2022 11:12 PM

All but 1 of this season's contestants are presenting as cisgender.

by Anonymousreply 316January 27, 2022 11:15 PM

My boyfriend and I laughed when Kerri found out Maddy was straight and insinuated that she had a chance. Generally straight men don’t go for women with shriveled flaccid trans dicks bigger than their own.

by Anonymousreply 317January 28, 2022 9:11 AM

I bet that Kerri has a bigger dick than Maddy.

by Anonymousreply 318January 28, 2022 10:58 AM

Well, R318, here's Maddy's dick for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 28, 2022 6:33 PM

Before reading the comments in that Reddit post (which apparently confirm that Maddy thought she was trans when she was younger), my first thought after seeing that collage was "is this a burgeoning 'girldick / feminine penis' situation?".

by Anonymousreply 320January 28, 2022 8:52 PM

maddy's dick pic is foul.

by Anonymousreply 321January 28, 2022 9:46 PM

God Ross is perennially kiss ass to everyone

by Anonymousreply 322January 29, 2022 1:14 AM

The hilarious Ross Matthews is just not that funny or insightful as a judge.

by Anonymousreply 323January 29, 2022 1:53 AM

Alyssa Hunter continuing the old drag race tradition of casting a queen from Puerto Rico and then quickly kicking them off because you think they aren't funny enough in English.

Willow and Angeria continue to dominate this season. They have been the best in every single assignment.

by Anonymousreply 324January 29, 2022 1:59 AM

The old tradition was to pick good PR queens for whom English was a second language: Nina Flowers, Yara, Alexis Mateo, Jessica Wild, Kenya Michaels. And they were great and played up the language barrier. But, yeah, Alyssa left because of that.

by Anonymousreply 325January 29, 2022 2:04 AM

Alexis Mateo was born in Puerto Rico but had long been living in Florida when she was cast on the show, she wasn't really a Puerto Rican queen. Yara was the Puerto Rican queen that season.

Alyssa Hunter is the first one to be cast out of Puerto Rico since I think Kandy Ho in Season 7.

by Anonymousreply 326January 29, 2022 2:13 AM

Alyssa claimed a language issue. So other PR queens who were less fluent did better.

Alyssa was pulling a stunt.

by Anonymousreply 327January 29, 2022 2:17 AM

Definitely not understanding all the praise for Deja this episode.

by Anonymousreply 328January 29, 2022 2:46 AM

Deja was great in the skit r328. That entire "I was born at a young age" monologue was gold.

by Anonymousreply 329January 29, 2022 3:00 AM

Do you guys really find these skits funny-funny? The very best (few) moments might get a mild chuckle from me.

by Anonymousreply 330January 29, 2022 3:04 AM

Of course they aren't hilarious r330, it's drag race skits, gotta know what to expect at this point.

by Anonymousreply 331January 29, 2022 3:13 AM

R330, I actually found this one funny because it was fresh. Some of the better moments didn’t make it to the edit.

Acting/performance challenges are like glue traps for ESL queens. I have a feeling Jorgeous will be gone by Snatch Game. Oh well. They’re not going to give the crown to someone who can’t perform or speak well, unless you’re Sonique because she chopped her dick off and kisses Ru’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 332January 29, 2022 4:15 AM

Jesus, I get tired of them all doing the surprised screaming thing every time Ru walks in the workroom.

by Anonymousreply 333January 29, 2022 4:43 AM

It’s become a cliche at this point, but will queens ever realize how stupid they look bellyaching about being SAFE?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 334January 29, 2022 5:09 AM

R334 Of all the things said and done on this show, that's the one you zero in on as looking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 335January 29, 2022 11:20 AM

It is dumb to complain about being safe but Ru does tell them it's not good enough to be safe.

by Anonymousreply 336January 29, 2022 11:24 AM

That's a trope on all reality competition shows. ANTM contestants cried when they were safe. Project Runway designers have gotten pissed off because they were safe. It's part of the whole reality TV formula.

by Anonymousreply 337January 29, 2022 11:41 AM

Maddie came off much better this time.

by Anonymousreply 338January 29, 2022 11:56 AM

Neither Kornbread or Kerri deserveed to be in the bottom. It felt so manufactured, so that the panel could tell them what they were doing wrong. I mean, Kerri gave the best runway in years. And Kornbread was fine in the promo, except they put either uh-oh music or silence during her meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 339January 29, 2022 12:40 PM

Her runway walk still needs help IMO r338. It's too mannish.

by Anonymousreply 340January 29, 2022 12:47 PM

Kornbread is a charmer. Kerri is not beautiful at ALL but she performed the hell out of that JLo Lip Sync.

The sketches were painfully unfunny. As good as Angeria is - she's a little too country for me. Jaida Essense Hall was far more elegant and much easier on the eyes. However, they are too similar.

Daya Betty looks AND sounds almost exactly like Crystal Methyd. I don't get the point of casting her at all.

Willow looked great in her ugly dress. It wasn't really that ugly, just JLo before icon status.

Like the poster upthread, I don't see Deja's talent at all. She's freaky reminiscent of Mimi Imfurst.

Boscoe undergoes the most dramatic transformation along with Willow Pill, who is a troll as a boy.

I really like Jorgeous but this week was not a great showing for her. There sure are a lot of cheek implants in the workroom this season. Can't wait to see Angeria when she buys herself a new nose and teefs.

JLo may not be sweet in real life, but she sure as hell knows how to act it. That's a pretty confident bitch. Who loves her gay fans and friends. Her rule is 3 compliments - then let someone else have a turn.

by Anonymousreply 341January 29, 2022 1:09 PM

I was curious about Kerri's comments how she wasn't gorgeous 5 years ago, and tired to look up old photos- somehow the bitch has them all scrubbed. I wish that she didn't get those giant chiclets of teeth- they're distracting.

Maddy did a good job of keep the group focused and on point, I think she's going to get the growth edit- makeup, hair, clothes- I think she's one of those homegrown kids with a small budget like a poster upthread talked about. Don't know about personality though.- she's afraid of acting like an idealized version of a woman.

by Anonymousreply 342January 29, 2022 1:10 PM

As BoB advised in his review last week, Maddy needs to ACT MORE GAY!

by Anonymousreply 343January 29, 2022 1:13 PM

Don’t agree that Alyssa was the worst. I can’t believe she got sent packing. Some of these queens are straight up messy.

by Anonymousreply 344January 29, 2022 2:45 PM

After Kerri told us she was protecting the dress I was primed to see her as holding back. She did a few randomly placed duck walk hand moves? The other one emoting, broken money gun and all. Alyssa should have stayed. It's like a star's dress bought Kerri a save.

by Anonymousreply 345January 29, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote] Willow and Angeria continue to dominate this season

I agree. Willow does have acting. She has a control over her performance where 1/2 of them are flailing around. Angeria is so funny and good natured. I like she's country. So good.

by Anonymousreply 346January 29, 2022 3:08 PM

Buying the actual dress seems a bit of a cop-out to me.

by Anonymousreply 347January 29, 2022 3:19 PM

You ugully bitch!!!

Love the three syllable ugly.

by Anonymousreply 348January 29, 2022 3:20 PM

Angeria was my favorite this week - even though I still hate her beak nose painting.

Maddy seems so personality free. Whether she is in the middle and being the focus or in the background she is just THERE. And I don't think there is any there there......

by Anonymousreply 349January 29, 2022 3:20 PM

I know, R349, Maddy just sort of stares blankly. Maybe it’s nerves being in TV, but I can’t imagine what kind of live performance he puts on.

by Anonymousreply 350January 29, 2022 3:22 PM

I am surprised Alyssa lost the lipsync. Colby was blah. She obviously has to return an expensive dress, and her lipsync demonstrated that.

by Anonymousreply 351January 29, 2022 3:24 PM

Did she really buy the dress or borrow it because she kept saying she would be killed if something happen to the dress. And to that point why even borrow or buy the original? Not that hard to copy it's like three pieces of fabric. Just because you have JLO's dress does not make you look like JLO.

by Anonymousreply 352January 29, 2022 3:28 PM

Dyna looked and sounded so much like Krystal that I'm going to call her Krystal LIte.

I had the impression that she borrowed or rented the dress because of that comment, r352.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 29, 2022 3:33 PM

I do agree that Kerri just acquiring an actual JLo dress does feel like a cop out. It's not her own drag

by Anonymousreply 354January 29, 2022 3:35 PM

It's evidence that the show lost its way when it changed from all the contestants having to improvise creative concepts to most of the contestants spending tens of thousands of dollars on clothing and winning for looking like teen beauty pageant contestants.

by Anonymousreply 355January 29, 2022 3:37 PM

I dislike a Krystal Method makeup redux more than anything Angeria's doing with hers.

by Anonymousreply 356January 29, 2022 3:49 PM

I bet they made the girls get prior approval for their jlo outfits - no duplicates

by Anonymousreply 357January 29, 2022 5:04 PM

R343, Is that how toad face bob won his season? By pretending to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 358January 29, 2022 6:07 PM

Is the hate for Bob universal or is it one guy here shrieking into the ether? I’m pretty ambivalent toward him.

by Anonymousreply 359January 29, 2022 7:02 PM

There is definitely one loud Bob hater r359. Personally Bob is one of my favorite queens to come out of the show, I appreciate her charisma and sense of humor. Her drag was rough her season, but thankfully it's improved a lot post-show

by Anonymousreply 360January 29, 2022 8:07 PM

Bob is funny as shit. "I was told I was a makeup queen, then I got on drag race with busted makeup.....and still won"

by Anonymousreply 361January 30, 2022 1:41 AM

Willow seems genuine. I'm liking the cisgender realness he brings to the workroom.

by Anonymousreply 362January 30, 2022 2:56 AM

I think Willow is tremendous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 30, 2022 3:30 AM

That is a freakish likeness R363. Good work!

by Anonymousreply 364January 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Kornbread is a mess and they need to stop overpraising her. She relies way too heavily on fat black girl tropes, her wigs are flat and dull, her fashion is cheap and ill fitted, and her mug is basic. I don’t see any of the comedy or character she supposedly has based on her so called reputation. She brought a ton of emotional baggage to the show and it’s hindering her across the board. She was genuinely obnoxious in this episode. She’s not going to last much longer no matter how much the judges try to save her unless she manages a sharp turn around. She’s shaping up to be the Kandi of this season, and that’s NOT a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 365January 30, 2022 1:41 PM

I really liked how Kornbread explained how Jasmine needed to listen at first, but as they began working on the skit and she kept attacking her it became obnoxious.

Those wigs, whew, definitely agree with you. They are sad and flat.

by Anonymousreply 366January 30, 2022 2:18 PM

I wonder if Kornbread realizes how bad she came across attacking Jasmine, who was trying to be a team player.

by Anonymousreply 367January 30, 2022 2:22 PM

Stop taking notes! Why aren’t you writing this down?!

by Anonymousreply 368January 30, 2022 2:28 PM

Korn did what I see so many people here on the DL do. She made a bold comment about something annoying someone did and when she realized it was pretty well received, she latched onto it and repeated it ad nauseam until she trumped the original offender's annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 369January 30, 2022 2:30 PM

I wasn't sure how edited the whole thing was, but Kornhead lost my sympathy in her ungracious treatment of Jasmine. It's not easy to change ingrained behavior, and Jasmine gets points for taking criticism.

by Anonymousreply 370January 30, 2022 2:34 PM

r370 Right but Kornbread was right about Jasmine. She literally talked over everyone. It was very aggressive at the end. Jasmine was trying but Kornbread was still annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 371January 30, 2022 4:00 PM

Yes, R371, but I think Kornbread wore herself out, given that her "Silky" moment fell flat and forced and she ended up crying on the stage at the end. Jasmine DID shut up and was merely taking notes, and yet she still got yelled at by KB. come on now...

I like Daya Betty all of a sudden. I loved her "I'm straight tooo!" crying moment, and how she kept grabbing Angeria's breasts when she was trying to have her moment. Good show!

by Anonymousreply 372January 30, 2022 8:30 PM

I'm finding myself used to trans contestants for once, thanks to Kerri Colby. I honestly find her effortless and glamorous and a welcome addition to the show. Previous trans contestants made it all about being trans, and shock valuing the fuck out of the show with their supposed 'journey'. Looking at you Gottmik, Sonique, and Gia.

But Kerri just has the It factor, and it's fun to watch. She owned that JLo dress....looked better on her than it did on JLo.

by Anonymousreply 373January 30, 2022 8:33 PM

I think Bosco or whatever his name is - is a killer queen in the making. She's flying under the radar a bit, but she's on point with her looks, and is darkly hilarious. I LOVED how she was mocking Kerri during their staged fight for the teaser, acting all Taffy Davenport. She's one to watch.

by Anonymousreply 374January 30, 2022 8:34 PM

Who hasn't wanted to slap down someone who can't shut the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 375January 30, 2022 9:33 PM

SPOILER ALERT!

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WANT TO AVOID A SPOILER!

AVERT YOUR EYES, WHORES!

A GENUINE SPOILER IS BEING ANNOUNCED.

DON'T BITCH THAT YOU WEREN'T WARNED.

BECAUSE I HAVE WARNED YOUR NASTY SKANK ASS.

AND DON'T PRETEND THAT THIS WAS UNAVOIDABLE.

LIKE AN STD, THIS IS EMINENTLY SKIPPABLE.

SO SKIP NOW.

BECAUSE HERE IS THE SPOILER:

Supposedly KB goes home early this week - an injury (?) but not an elimination

by Anonymousreply 376January 30, 2022 9:37 PM

SKIP TO THIS POST WHICH IS AFTER THE SPOILER!

by Anonymousreply 377January 30, 2022 9:37 PM

OR BETTER SKIP TO THIS ONE!

by Anonymousreply 378January 30, 2022 9:38 PM

THERE! I HAVE SAVED THE PEARL CLUTCHERS FROM A SPOILER - NOW BACK TO THE REGULAR POSTS.....

by Anonymousreply 379January 30, 2022 9:38 PM

[QUOTE] Did she really buy the dress or borrow it because she kept saying she would be killed if something happen to the dress. And to that point why even borrow or buy the original? Not that hard to copy it's like three pieces of fabric. Just because you have JLO's dress does not make you look like JLO.

I can’t believe I have the knowledge to actually answer this. I binge-watched “Selling Sunset” over Christmas and there was one episode where Krishelle and Mary were invited to go to a very VIP private collection where they could borrow a dress for the night. One of the dresses available was the green JLo dress that Kerri wore.

It seemed pretty exclusive so maybe Kerri worked her connections (whatever they are) or secured an invite through other means.

Bottom line: The dress is available.

by Anonymousreply 380January 30, 2022 10:05 PM

Kornbread had a point but the way she was patrolling Jasmine!

by Anonymousreply 381January 31, 2022 12:39 AM

Big black mouthy girls are always welcome on Drag Race for entertainment. There are so many trans and face fucked contestants now that few of them look like "boys" out of drag. So that's ok too.

The real problem with Drag Race is the long list of Puerto Rican queens who have been portrayed as stupid or not prepared. You can be southern and black and wear trash bags and make it far in the game. Southern and Black and pageant Queens can do everything but WIN!

But the PR queens are always let go too soon and criticized too much about their culture and style of drag. Language barriers. It's getting a bit embarrassing. Alyssa should not have been in the bottom two, never mind sent home. It is sometimes a different sensibility and style of drag. So many of the PR queens have far more deserving than the ones who were kept longer.

Yes, I know. There is the quite wonderful Alexis Matteo, but she is really a Florida girl.

Think of this list. I'm not saying any of them should have been crowned a winner.... *NINA FLOWERS*

They've all been mishandled or treated differently by the show in one way or another.

Drag Race, American Style loves tokenism. Like the "muslim" contestant who grew up in Vancouver Canada and has no religious affiliation. And we've had enough of Gottmik and whatever it was she represented. Or Willow Pill and her kidney being rejected LIVE on TV. Poor trash bag Chi Chi and ugly Crystal Methyd and the actual Meth Head celebration of Sharon Needles.

Stop bringing in contestants from Puerto Rico only to call them beautiful and otherwise mistreat them.

Put Jessica Wilde on All Stars dammit. And don't fucking eliminate her too early and incorrectly like you just did with Yara on the last all Stars. Yara was eliminated for her impersonation of Shakira - who she was then portraying nightly in Vegas in the LIVE RPDR show???

I'm glad that JLo finally made an appearance. She and Miss Vanjie are as close to celebrating PR Queens as Drag Race gets. The Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 382January 31, 2022 2:06 AM

We were talking about the PR queens when we were watching. We think a PR iteration would be fun. Maybe a one off of all stars or maybe it’s own franchise. Have Alexis be the host. It would be fun for sure.

by Anonymousreply 383January 31, 2022 2:22 AM

Exactly R383. It shouldn't be needed AND it would be fun!

Here is Rebecca Glasscock today. (Javier, born in Puerto Rico)

The PR girls know how to compete. But something gets lost on Drag Race. It's like their accent is a constant joke?

Bring back my putas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 31, 2022 2:45 AM

JLo retweeted every single queen's runway look. She's got a movie coming out next week and a new single with Maluma. She's always been a smart chick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385January 31, 2022 4:11 AM

R385 Her *PR people* have often been smart. But there have been a lot of misses in there too. She's enjoying some kind of resurgence right now, but I don't see it holding.

by Anonymousreply 386January 31, 2022 4:46 AM

Oh, how wise and prescient of you, R386.

by Anonymousreply 387January 31, 2022 4:48 AM

I agree there should be a PR Drag Race. It’s a different style and aesthetic. Give them their own competition. You know it would be fire. Lots of attitude and drama.

by Anonymousreply 388January 31, 2022 12:26 PM

More likely a 5150 R376. She’s a mess and needs to sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 389January 31, 2022 12:28 PM

Sorry, but for a second there I thought you meant a Project Runway Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 390January 31, 2022 4:24 PM

Historically with PR queens the issue has been they don't do their own makeup, hair or costumes. That was the issue with Kandy Ho, she had no idea how to contour or do makeup so it always looked like a beard.

by Anonymousreply 391February 1, 2022 7:39 PM

You mean, like NeNe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392February 1, 2022 9:16 PM

Sonique and Tattiania are all growed up! They was born attached at the titty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393February 2, 2022 5:23 AM

Tatiana looks like India Ferrah at r393

by Anonymousreply 394February 2, 2022 5:53 AM

JLo still fucks with Ben Affleck, so I wouldn't praise her taste and vision, or even that of her PR, if they thought that Bennifer 2.0 was a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 395February 2, 2022 12:40 PM

r395 Have you seen his cock?

by Anonymousreply 396February 2, 2022 2:18 PM

Yes. It served a particular purpose. But beyond that, it's meh.

by Anonymousreply 397February 2, 2022 2:42 PM

Yes, we've ALL seen Ben's cock. My partner's is nicer, so not going to overlook everything else, RE: Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 398February 3, 2022 9:10 AM

No man takes Jen Lopez down. If Ben becomes a problem. Ben will be replaced. She's not about to develop wrinkles over him or get thrown off schedule.

by Anonymousreply 399February 3, 2022 9:34 AM

She just has those pesky wrinkles and men needled off. I hope she uses something more poisonous than botox on Ben.

by Anonymousreply 400February 3, 2022 11:24 AM

I can’t stand the straight one. Especially when going down the runway. I wish June beat her in that lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 401February 4, 2022 1:45 AM

Ms. Lopez notoriously has spent her life attaching herself tactically to men she saw advancement in.

It's what weak or non-competitive women do. It's also what cynical, sold-soul mediocrities who have had fantastic careers based on their ambition and "flexibility" do.

Take your pick. Or take both.

by Anonymousreply 402February 4, 2022 1:52 AM

Is the straight one still there? Lol Rupaul must really want that Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 403February 4, 2022 1:52 AM

R403. Yes. I saw the outfit Maddie was supposed to wear for the JLo challenge, and it was really good, but there was no Getty Image of it, so the back up, which wasn't good, was worn.

Maddie recently thought he was an MTF, but decided he was not. I'd bet on him being the type to 'become a woman' in his 50s, except that type of MTF is having the moment of social cachet right now. It must be so confusing for that type of straight man.

by Anonymousreply 404February 4, 2022 1:28 PM

FUCK NO R401. June was one of the worst contestants ever. Tripping on her dresses, flailing in her lip syncs, looking and acting a mess (not in a good way) in general. Carrying a giant Florida sized chip on her shoulder. She gave me severe anxiety just watching her. I fast forwarded every time she was onscreen. It’s great she’s gone.

by Anonymousreply 405February 4, 2022 2:06 PM

ITA, R405. A total filler queen.

by Anonymousreply 406February 4, 2022 2:45 PM

R405

She was at least interesting, entertaining, and brought some drama. Maddie is beyond bland, boring and looks out of place all the time. There’s no oomph there.

by Anonymousreply 407February 4, 2022 6:01 PM

Maddie seems to have no personality at all.

by Anonymousreply 408February 4, 2022 7:46 PM

Maddy needs some hormones. Estrogen or Testosterone, which?

by Anonymousreply 409February 4, 2022 8:06 PM

Is there a talent hormone?

by Anonymousreply 410February 4, 2022 8:10 PM

Maddie needs vitality! She could be a young Jane Powell if she wanted to be!

by Anonymousreply 411February 4, 2022 11:01 PM

Willow Pill will win.

Ru cannot help himself from the certainty of premature terminal disease. Complete vulnerability.

The only thing he’d like more is a fetal drag queen being aborted.

by Anonymousreply 412February 5, 2022 2:19 AM

Another queen gone due to injury..

To state the obvious what do Kornbread, Victoria Stone, and Eureka have in common. These fat girls keep finding their limits on the show.

by Anonymousreply 413February 5, 2022 3:43 AM

Fantastic episode. Jorgeous is just that. That lil spitfire is going to be a hit on the road and get rich off this show. RPDR Vegas will be calling too. Charm and talent and looks and already a success. He's not lacking in understanding the language like Yara or Linesha. I hope Jorgeous goes far on the show tbh. Suffering from the PR curse but still here for another few weeks, hopefully. Anjeria isn't always perfect and Bosco got to show up. He's a dramatic transformation. I think he's the most interesting contestant this season. The three first outs PSAs was a funny concept and all performed quite well. I'm a fan of James Mansfield. He's a nutty throwback. Just not what the kids who rule the show love.

The queen who went home this week could not be a more boring or pointless of a performer. Ru doesn't like dumb pretty queens with zero personality and no desire to develop one.

I agree R412. Ru won't be able to help himself. Willow Pill is quite great - but I'm not sure she's the best. Angeria and Bosco are in this thing too.

by Anonymousreply 414February 5, 2022 4:16 AM

I wish...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415February 5, 2022 4:22 AM

Kome back Kornbread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416February 5, 2022 4:37 AM

[Quote]He's not lacking in understanding the language like Yara or Linesha. I hope Jorgeous goes far on the show tbh. Suffering from the PR curse but still here for another few weeks, hopefully.

R414, Jorgeous was born and raised in Texas. His family is of Mexican ancestry. English is his first language and he is not Puerto Rican at girl.

by Anonymousreply 417February 5, 2022 5:02 AM

Love Jaymes Mansfield! Very talented queen. Her IG is great.

by Anonymousreply 418February 5, 2022 5:29 AM

I wonder if Kornbread will be offered a spot on Season 15 like Eureka was offered Season 10 after being injured during Season 9?

by Anonymousreply 419February 5, 2022 5:33 AM

Orion Story was probably cast for geographic diversity, but he was a regional queen through and through who was not ready for primetime.

by Anonymousreply 420February 5, 2022 5:36 AM

I don't get Maddy. It's not as if camp straight men don't exist (in limited numbers). Maddy is so uptight and stiff. It's pretty pitiful to see a drag queen who can't "feel the fantasy." I'm wondering if Maddy isn't on the spectrum as well, R251. There's just no "fun" there.

by Anonymousreply 421February 5, 2022 7:45 AM

I think he's a hetero MTF, or "lezn in a man's body" trans. They aren't camp or fun, usually.

by Anonymousreply 422February 5, 2022 12:22 PM

So the internet tells us that RPDR is filmed at the 1040 N. Las Palmas studios......and that's where they filmed The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres (among other shows).

I hope the ghosts of Nancy Kulp and Eva Gabor and Irene Ryan are around having fun with the folks.....

by Anonymousreply 423February 5, 2022 3:29 PM

Jethro pounding mussies all over the werk room

by Anonymousreply 424February 5, 2022 3:33 PM

Well R424, Jethro’s ghost doesn’t exist as Max Baer is still alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 425February 5, 2022 3:40 PM

Who said "Jethro's ghost"?

by Anonymousreply 426February 5, 2022 7:40 PM

He ain't no ghost. Max Baer, Jr. is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 427February 5, 2022 7:57 PM

I know someone here hates her - but Alaska is effortlessly funny. She says if Maddy got fucked in the ass he would already know to put some sequins on his fringe!

I also like that Alaska is a one look queen who perfected it a long time ago. You hear her voice - you picture her look. You see her look and she's ICONIC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428February 5, 2022 8:35 PM

I feel bad for Orion, eliminated just because of the way she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 429February 5, 2022 9:21 PM

Jorgeous in the workroom trying to pop that balloon was HILARIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 430February 5, 2022 9:25 PM

R429 they want the best performer and her inability to use her voice in the way they want is a fair reason to eliminate her.

by Anonymousreply 431February 5, 2022 9:42 PM

Jorgeous- that lip-sync was probably one of the best I have ever seen in the 14 seasons of drag race.

by Anonymousreply 432February 5, 2022 11:07 PM

Yes, r430, it was like a little Chihuahua trying to hump a pit bull.

by Anonymousreply 433February 6, 2022 1:33 AM

I do agree Maddy is lame, the first straight contestant had so much opportunity for comedy with that minichallenge.. and he gave nothing.

by Anonymousreply 434February 6, 2022 2:29 AM

The "straight" contestant that posted crossdressing/trap pics on 4chan and (according to willam) blows guys backstage at the club?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435February 6, 2022 2:37 AM

I think they moved studios....again. They've shot RPDR in several different ones.

When Lizzo was on the opener, she posted photos from the studio and it was out in the Valley somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 436February 6, 2022 5:45 AM

.....RuPaul used to say, "Drag is just for the money and ONLY at night."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437February 6, 2022 6:27 AM

Please get rid of Deja. Her behavior during untucked was toxic as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 438February 6, 2022 7:51 AM

^ is untucked worth watching this season? I haven’t bothered with it yet.

by Anonymousreply 439February 6, 2022 9:33 AM

What did she do during Untucked that was so bad? I only recall her being like “why are you guys skipping over my look?” It was hardly “toxic as fuck.”

I’ve seen much worse behavior on Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 440February 6, 2022 11:13 AM

I was shocked when I heard everyone saying Deja was a designer. The outfits she’s made for herself so far have been flat and unimaginative. I was baffled when they said she elevated the J. Lo look.

by Anonymousreply 441February 6, 2022 11:38 AM

Deja is like a third rate Sherry Pie, or whoever that queen was who molested the actors over Zoom, except she’s not funny and her clothes are terrible.

This is now a two lady race between Willow and Angeria, with some Lady Camden and Bosco thrown in.

I’m glad Kornbread is gone. She was sucking up a lot of the air already this season, and for what? She was not ready for this season, either emotionally or in reality. Flat wigs, cheap looking clothes, dull comedic tropes. Step your pussy up, Kornbread.

And also, these bigger ladies like Eureka and Kornbread need to learn how to function on the stage without injuring themselves. When you’re morbidly obese, you can’t throw yourselves around with abandon and expect your joints to function normally. You’re not 22 and you don’t weigh 145 lbs. Act accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 442February 6, 2022 12:32 PM

What really bothers me is the people on social media blaming the show for their injuries. This isn’t like The Challenge or something where the contestants have to do dangerous things and injuries are pretty much a given. I remember with Victoria Scone (or whatever her name was) people were attacking the show for making her lipsync. But lipsync battles are one of the best parts of the show.

by Anonymousreply 443February 6, 2022 1:01 PM

[quote] I remember with Victoria Scone (or whatever her name was) people were attacking the show for making her lipsync.

Why? Didn't she have any lips?

by Anonymousreply 444February 6, 2022 1:04 PM

I just realized that Maddy and Gottmik resemble each other.

by Anonymousreply 445February 6, 2022 1:20 PM

Let’s just say it sure seemed a bit scripted R438. She’ll be gone within three episodes and they decided to make her the cunt until then.

p.s. everyone knows Willow has the gold chocolate bar.

by Anonymousreply 446February 6, 2022 4:12 PM

Of course she does. Willow doesn't strike me as an incredibly dynamic lip syncher and they want to ensure she makes it to the finale.

by Anonymousreply 447February 6, 2022 5:14 PM

I thought Daya Betty might have it because someone in this thread said a friend told them she goes far.

by Anonymousreply 448February 6, 2022 5:47 PM

R444, because she was a fat female failed actress who decided to become a bioqueen. Not drag king. Bioqueen. And because the audience now is straight/fake queer women who barged into a space for gay men and demanded representation, she was expected to make it through to the end and win based on that principle alone.

Meanwhile, she had to be medivac’d out of there during episode 2 because she couldn’t walk in high heels. So fucking embarrassing and a giant flop all around.

by Anonymousreply 449February 6, 2022 6:17 PM

R442

Deja was pretty funny here “bend those knees Bryce”. Lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450February 6, 2022 7:32 PM

There's nothing wrong with Deja.

If you've seen the unedited episodes with Sherry Pie, you know she was FANTASTICALLY talented. A real loss. She is probably the most all round old school gifted Drag Queen to ever appear on the show - with Bendela Creme a distant second.

Deja and Sherry Pie have nothing in common.

Deja reminds me more of the badly dressed and over-rated Tina Burner. Very intentional and specific looks and delusional about their talents.

by Anonymousreply 451February 6, 2022 7:51 PM

I mean, it’s a black show. It’s not like the other way around where there’s a possibility for crossover appeal. Black audiences absolutely will not accept a white host for a show that’s aimed at them.

by Anonymousreply 452February 6, 2022 8:09 PM

Poor Korn Bread. The show will not be as much fun without her......I wonder who her Snatch Game character was going to be.....

by Anonymousreply 453February 6, 2022 8:12 PM

“ Black audiences absolutely will not accept a white host for a show that’s aimed at them.”

We are surprised to learn that “black” also means “armies of teenage white suburban girls with purple hair”

by Anonymousreply 454February 6, 2022 8:14 PM

LOL...how is this a "black" show? Because it's hosted by a black drag queen?

RuPaul is far too canny to make a show only for a narrow segment of an audience.

by Anonymousreply 455February 6, 2022 9:41 PM

R448 I was that poster...and, the indication I got was that Daya Betty wasn't in the Top 3 but makes it to the Top 5 or 6.

by Anonymousreply 456February 6, 2022 9:49 PM

RPDR could be hosted by Trixie and Lizzie and no one would care. RuPaul does minimal work for each episode.

by Anonymousreply 457February 6, 2022 10:16 PM

^ Lizzo

by Anonymousreply 458February 6, 2022 10:16 PM

Rupaul a few weeks ago - manic and enema focused - was great.

by Anonymousreply 459February 6, 2022 10:18 PM

Deja was sitting on the couch for the entire Untucked clapping back at everyone and stirring shit. She's a turd. Can't believe someone upthread missed that.

And, she interrupted Jorgeous practicing for her lip sync, making her take off her headphones so she could take to more screen time with some bogus pep talk about her and her team. Bitch, the team is done. Let her get ready.

by Anonymousreply 460February 6, 2022 11:53 PM

I liked Ru's gown on the runway this week.

by Anonymousreply 461February 7, 2022 2:47 AM

Ru looked good. His face is a mask painted on top of a mask and his wigline is always round - but the wig was good this week and Zaldy is a genious designer. As Aretha would say about RuPaul: "great gowns, beautiful gowns."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462February 7, 2022 2:59 AM

Poor Orion. His mom killed herself and he did drag as an homage to her and painted his eyes so sad. I hope he has a good boyfriend/support system

by Anonymousreply 463February 7, 2022 4:48 AM

Orion was also homeless and drug addicted during the taping of the show? Anything for attention now. He was a big D R I P on Drag Race. Orion could make some money on the corner, in drag. What a fucking bore. Stockings, garters, a cheap corset and bent bunny ears? He looked like a streetcorner tranny whore without enough makeup. He had one good wig. He should have brushed it.

by Anonymousreply 464February 7, 2022 5:01 AM

Orion spent a few bucks at Party City and voila! The Easter Hunty!

by Anonymousreply 465February 7, 2022 9:15 AM

Kornbread hasn’t been asked back for the next season and is not going to be on the season tour with Voss Events, which she’s complaining about on Twitter. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 466February 7, 2022 2:09 PM

Perhaps they've already cast Season 15 and don't want to bump a queen to make room for Kornbread

by Anonymousreply 467February 7, 2022 2:18 PM

What are you referring to r466? I follow her on Twitter and haven't seen any of that, even just checked to see if I missed some tweets but I don't see any complaining from her.

by Anonymousreply 468February 7, 2022 2:47 PM

Orion is a cute boy.....it was sad how everyone was pumping up Jorjous for the lip synch....."You'll get it, girl"...."It's gonna be fine.....you're gonna win"...."you're to best!"

And no one said ONE WORD to Orion....just let her drift around the room.

And was Deja the fat ugly one who sat on the couch and was mad that no one was talking about how fabulous her outfit was? Maybe.....cos it wasn't! HA!

by Anonymousreply 469February 7, 2022 2:51 PM

I ask r466 because Kornbread has her own tour she has scheduled, I believe it was her choice not to sign with Voss and to have her own representation.

I'm honestly not sure how she got out of it because they try to force every contestant to sign with Voss, they must have wanted her on the show so bad that she was able to negotiate out.

by Anonymousreply 470February 7, 2022 2:55 PM

They had no problem doing that for Eureka R467. Sounds like there are ✨issues✨.

by Anonymousreply 471February 7, 2022 3:14 PM

Yes, R469. She was seated on the couch snapping at everyone for all kinds of reasons. She really went after Jasmine for talking too much, when she actually wasn't. DEJA was talking too much.

by Anonymousreply 472February 7, 2022 6:16 PM

Yeah, she's the only one who doesn't have a Voss manager...she allegedly told the Powers That Be, "I've had the same manager for years and I'm not dumping them now".

Here's how you can figure out who does well and who doesn't do well....the queens who well have a specific assigned Voss manager who handles the other major talents from other years, and the 2nd tier have another manager and the bottom of the barrel ones have another.

by Anonymousreply 473February 8, 2022 5:27 AM

I’m confused as to what these barely established older bar queens think is supposed to happen during and after this show. Why on earth would you subject yourself to being on Drag Race if you’re not going to be a part of the whole RuPaul machinery? These hoes who show up and think they’re going to do it “their way” when they have zero real power in the industry, and then act surprised when they’re ignored and passed over because they don’t submit to the RPDR contract. Yeah, it’s onerous. So don’t be on the show. Get famous on your own and change it all. Or shut your fucking mouth and do what they ask. Complaining about it on Twitter is a sure path to blacklisting.

by Anonymousreply 474February 8, 2022 12:41 PM

^ Yes, Miss Charles

by Anonymousreply 475February 8, 2022 12:48 PM

I was wondering if Kornbread would return next season. Her departure was anti-climactic. They couldn't give us a rewind of the moment. Maybe they don't want to highlight an accident on set for legal reasons. The show could feel it wad her fault?

by Anonymousreply 476February 8, 2022 1:51 PM

Now there's a conspiracy theory circulating on Reddit and Twitter that Kornbread actually quit. Supposedly she wasn't feeling it anymore and decided to produce her exit so she could get the exposure without waiting around to be sent home.

by Anonymousreply 477February 8, 2022 10:03 PM

That’s how the Kornbread crumbles…

by Anonymousreply 478February 8, 2022 10:22 PM

It can happen! We can delude ourselves into believing we produced the producers!

by Anonymousreply 479February 8, 2022 10:25 PM

new Kandy Muse photos!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480February 8, 2022 10:26 PM

Valentina is a Dolly Parton of drag - never seen looking like trash

by Anonymousreply 481February 8, 2022 10:27 PM

I can't stand Kandy Muse and i'm not loving Valentina's new look-it seems very basic. and if you showed me that pic and not tell me who it was, I couldn't tell you who that was.

by Anonymousreply 482February 8, 2022 10:30 PM

[quote]Here's how you can figure out who does well and who doesn't do well....the queens who well have a specific assigned Voss manager who handles the other major talents from other years, and the 2nd tier have another manager and the bottom of the barrel ones have another.

Voss doesn't manage all of the big-name queens. Producer Entertainment Group manages Alaska, Bob, Ginger Minj, Jujubee, Katya, Manila Luzon, Thorgy Thor, Trixie Mattel, and others. Some queens are signed with multiple agencies.

by Anonymousreply 483February 8, 2022 10:45 PM

Deja is overly impressed with her talent and design skills, yet everything she wears looks like it came from Lane Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 484February 8, 2022 10:49 PM

Why would you visit that horror upon us R480? What did we ever do to you?

by Anonymousreply 485February 8, 2022 10:59 PM

I would imagine that Voss manages live events, and then the performers have a separate commercial and theatrical (film/tv) agents.

by Anonymousreply 486February 8, 2022 11:05 PM

Why do y’all hate all the bigger queens of color? Geez. Biased much?

by Anonymousreply 487February 8, 2022 11:21 PM

I don't R487. Kornbread was good. There's an insane poster who hates them all.

I do hate Kandy Muse, because she sucked ass, not because she's fat and of color.

by Anonymousreply 488February 9, 2022 5:47 AM

Hehdhd jejje kkesj posowkduhr dhyrydu wjueiehdude!!!

by Anonymousreply 489February 9, 2022 1:01 PM

How did kandy muse ever get on the show? She’s not pretty, not witty, and not talented.

The Vietnamese-looking leather daddy at R80 (I think it was the sixth picture) is hot.

by Anonymousreply 490February 9, 2022 1:56 PM

R490, that's Pangina Heels. He's Thai.

And that question about KM, is the question for the ages. That queen is so delusional about herself. Give me Eureka, Silky, Kornbread or even the Glamour Toad any day.

by Anonymousreply 491February 9, 2022 1:58 PM

Oh wow, he looks better with a shaved head and facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 492February 9, 2022 2:05 PM

r77, Adore got a nose job (which for a singer, is not the best idea):

by Anonymousreply 493February 9, 2022 2:15 PM

I WAS TOP TWO, BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 494February 9, 2022 2:18 PM

Yes Kandy, you keep on reminding us about it. BUT YOU DIDN'T WIN BLANCHE, DID YA???

by Anonymousreply 495February 9, 2022 2:20 PM

Some sexy men at R480. Who dis doin the Kanye?

Valentina is showing how the sausage is made, backstage. That's a man. Best Reunion EVER. Those Season 9 girls hated her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496February 9, 2022 6:48 PM

R483 I never implied that Voss handled ALL of the big names/winners from previous seasons. But, the bigger names they DO have from previous seasons are typically assigned to the main talent manager at Voss....like the Top 3 from this season are.

And, yes, you can have multiple agents representing the same person.

by Anonymousreply 497February 9, 2022 11:48 PM

Further proof that the Puerto Rico Queens always get shortchanged on Drag Race. Alyssa Hunter is charming, cute, sexy and SMART as fuck. No problem with wit or understanding. And near the top of the Runway game. She should never have been in the bottom two OR lost a lip sync to Kerri Colby.

We had to listen to how beautiful Kylie Sonique allegedly was and now ditto with Kerri Dynasty. Everyone is in some stage of surgical enhancement on Drag Race or immediately after. Sonique looked a freak. Alyssa is the BOY from Season 14 who should have made to TOP 4.

Drag Race continually sacrifices and poorly edits the queens from PR to make them seem disconnected from the language, the runway or popular understanding. Have you met them bitch? Alyssa is smart and savvy and on game.

Alyssa Hunter was done WAY wrong by Season 14. Yes, I do want to make out with him. Later we'll marry.

Check out his JJ Malibu cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498February 10, 2022 5:24 AM

In the new trailer, it’s harsh that they didn’t even read Orion’s note in the mirror.

And why is no one helping Willow to open a box? It would take them less than a minute. Are they that clueless?

by Anonymousreply 499February 10, 2022 5:34 AM

R480, Valentina is the only beautiful one there. The rest look like drug addled garbage.

by Anonymousreply 500February 10, 2022 9:38 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Bosco comes out as STRAIGHT too.

By Straight, he means that he's a trans-woman and his boyfriend and she/they are in a heterosexual relationship! Congratulations.

Bosco worked for over 10 years in fast food before he was able to fully understand that he is a straight WOMAN. Becoming more financially independent has helped her in her journey to proclaim herself as straight. She/they are in a loving heterosexual relationship with a MAN.

DRAG RACE - still bringing confused families together!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501February 11, 2022 6:39 AM

*sigh* we lost another one

by Anonymousreply 502February 11, 2022 6:45 AM

When I get confused about whether I am a gay or not or if my attraction and satisfaction with my husband satisfies my heterosexual nature - he dresses like this.💋

Be a strong hung dominate top man like me. Treat your bitch like a bitch. Reward it with all the goods. Don't change your pronouns - just dress him like a slut and call him a whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503February 11, 2022 6:47 AM

My bitch wears RED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504February 11, 2022 6:53 AM

R501. Ugh. If Bosch wants to transition, that’s her business but why oh why proclaim yourself as ‘straight’. It’s so regressive.

by Anonymousreply 505February 11, 2022 7:18 AM

Hmmm. Have you guys watched the latest episode of RPDR UK vs the World? Blu Hydrangea pretty much explains the whole situation of wanting to be a woman and ultimately coming to a more accepting place than announce he's trans.

“The main thing that I struggled with with drag is that I found I put Blu first,” Hydrangea told his sisters. “She was this beautiful creature that I turned into and that was the only time that I was confident in my body. In Northern Ireland, it’s so far backwards, you don’t learn about these things,” he explained. "For me, it was people on the show finding themselves, being on the show with people like Divina [De Campo] who was so well educated, it made me realise that gender is such a spectrum.“I don’t know where I fall on it, but I know that I’m not male or female,” he concluded the emotional conversation. “I’m just somewhere in between.”

I found that a lot of drag queens are more attractive as women than men, get more attention from hotter guys, and can say pretty much anything they want, because it's a persona they play. When they're out of drag, all the excitement and attention goes away.

by Anonymousreply 506February 11, 2022 2:28 PM

R501, He's a moron. They always make a point to say gender and sex are two separate things but then they claim changing their gender changed their sexual orientation as well?

by Anonymousreply 507February 11, 2022 3:25 PM

R506, So Devina Decampo basically brainwashed Blu and played on his insecurities of being a feminine gay man. Never liked Devina, loathsome narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 508February 11, 2022 3:34 PM

Drag seems to be full of young insecure, fem gay men who have no identity beyond a character they play on stage. It's pretty sad how things have turned out. Drag queens used to be tough as nails, secure and independent, now it's just full of people with mental problems enough to fill a canyon.

by Anonymousreply 509February 11, 2022 3:51 PM

So Bosco is becoming a woman and has a boyfriend? Wouldn’t that be enough to say?

by Anonymousreply 510February 11, 2022 4:06 PM

I don’t know, identifying as a woman is pretty fucking gay.

by Anonymousreply 511February 11, 2022 5:26 PM

How long until Maddy transitions, I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 512February 11, 2022 6:44 PM

Maddy is going to come out as a heterosexual woman with a lesbian husband.

by Anonymousreply 513February 11, 2022 7:59 PM

Maddie has already mentioned that he thought he was trans, but found drag. I think he'd be one of the 'lezbian' MTFs.

by Anonymousreply 514February 11, 2022 11:06 PM

That pic of him posted above doing the spread eagle tells me he's definitely not straight. I can't imagine any heterosexual woman actually wanting some of that. He's catering to chasers.

by Anonymousreply 515February 11, 2022 11:38 PM

How the hell did Jorgeous win tonight with two strips of fabric and a belt? Ru-diculous!

by Anonymousreply 516February 12, 2022 2:19 AM

Lady Camden was robbed!

by Anonymousreply 517February 12, 2022 2:40 AM

Jorgeous was literally wearing a yellow star of David on her chest.

by Anonymousreply 518February 12, 2022 4:17 AM

Thank god maddy's gone! It was horrible one day one!

by Anonymousreply 519February 12, 2022 5:16 AM

Lady Campden was robbed. I still love Jorgeous. But that was one nutty win.

RuPaul looked ridiculous. He is 25 years too old to attempt that look. It was NOT flattering in any way to him. From the color of the wig to the little bra top and way too short frilly skirt. Not even JLo would attempt that much teenage sluttery.

Daya Betty gives off weird guy in the park vibes to me. So did Crystal Methyd. I don't buy these sexless drag queens who paint like colorful clowns. Creeps me out. Daya is mean enough to actually be gay though.

Maddy Morphy. We hardly missed you. What a wreck you were. Lots of Drag Queen's straight brothers would do a better job at hair, makeup and a lip sync. Truly terrible.

by Anonymousreply 520February 12, 2022 6:30 AM

I don't seek out photos of drag race contestants, so I hadn't seen the photos of Maddie. Yeah, he's at least bi. Weird guy, glad he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 521February 12, 2022 10:38 AM

Maddy missed an opportunity to do something like a twisted country hoe-down with his blow-up doll. He should have tried to do a square-dance costume. Something like that could have at least told a story, or at least more of a story than his patchwork skirt.

by Anonymousreply 522February 12, 2022 12:51 PM

hoard was the wrong word. I had a box.

by Anonymousreply 523February 12, 2022 12:58 PM

Yeah Lady Camden was robbed. Is it me or is Jorgeous getting more handsome out of drag? After his lipsync and how he worked his ass i kind of got turned on. I think I wanna fuck Jorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 524February 12, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote] I had a box.

Who doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 525February 12, 2022 1:26 PM

Kandy Muse would never have been top two if Rose was not injured. I think she broke her ankle or something and could barely dance. She never shold have been top four since she lost that lipsync to Symone.

by Anonymousreply 526February 12, 2022 1:29 PM

Agreeing with everyone else about the very weird judging. I thought Lady Camden had it won and then to have Jorgeous be declared the winner? What was the point of a design challenge if someone's going to win with just a few scraps of material draped over them? And didn't Jorgeous get a lot of help from the other queens? Like past inconsistencies, I assume the judging was for the sake of television and not strictly for competitive reasons. And speaking of the Runway - yeah, it was definitely time for Maddy to go home. WHAT was he thinking wearing that outfit. Looked hideous, no design or shape. Finally, that fight in the Werk Room... Maddy came across as very needy and bitter but Jasmine didn't fare much better IMO.

by Anonymousreply 527February 12, 2022 2:25 PM

I thought Lady Camden had it in the bag. And she looks gorgeous with the bigger lips- reminds me of Milk somehow (whom I think is gorgeous too).

Maddy doesn't know style if it beat her in the face.

by Anonymousreply 528February 12, 2022 3:08 PM

And what was up with the praise for Deja's outfit? It was barely even a robe, and a hideous one at that.

by Anonymousreply 529February 12, 2022 3:37 PM

Yeah, r529 I thought for sure she would be in the bottom with that unfinished mess.

by Anonymousreply 530February 12, 2022 3:44 PM

The judging has consistently been off the last couple seasons.

by Anonymousreply 531February 12, 2022 6:10 PM

I can't get into this season. I haven't bothered to watch a lipsync or untucked. I think I might be done with the regular version of the show. I still like some of the international seasons.

by Anonymousreply 532February 12, 2022 6:34 PM

Maddy was one of the worst queens ever to compete on DR. Every skill was horrible. Every single one. Should have never been on the show.

by Anonymousreply 533February 12, 2022 7:37 PM

Yeah 533, Maddy was neck and fat neck with Kandy Moose for worst contestant ever.

by Anonymousreply 534February 12, 2022 7:41 PM

Maddy ranks with Magnolia Crawford and Penny Tration as one of the worst RPDR queens of all time. That said, she's in on the joke, and she knows she was lucky to get cast at all. She acted a delusional mess on Untucked strictly so she would have a TV moment—think Kahanna Montrese and Miz Cracker on the S10 reunion.

by Anonymousreply 535February 12, 2022 7:54 PM

Maddy is harmless, and sweet. Kandy is loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 536February 12, 2022 8:17 PM

Orion should have stayed out. I can't imagine what his audition reel was that he got chosen in the first place. Grand Rapids, MI does not equate to camp. It actually is the opposite. (My ex is from there and, ugh). Orion and what's his name who happily got the sack both remind me of people who go in drag for Halloween but only because their Frau girlfriends pester them to.

As for any mention of that Mik person, Lady Camden, much beloved in the SF Bay Area, is so fucking far beyond in talent, humor, and wisdom that to mention GottNoDick's fake exuberant knee slapping, tedious one note "drag" that she bought her way into in the same category is insane. While I'm on the OT subject, I am disgusted with the queens (looking at you Trixie, and thank you Katya and Bianca for giving that non talent a long arm) who lick her carpet because it is the "woke" thing to do. OVER IT.

Will we ever have a US version of Bimini? That would be fantastic, but I doubt it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 537February 12, 2022 8:36 PM

I liked Maddy out of drag - but there was obviously no self awareness there. Completely humorless and certainly a flat aspect.

The "gown" last night was one of the worst things EVER on the stage. When he first said "color blocking" I thought he was going to do something like a late 60's Mondrian mini dress which would have been cool.....but what he showed was Minnie Pearl realness without Minnie's wink to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 538February 12, 2022 8:53 PM

Maddy giving Aimee-Leigh Gemstone realness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539February 12, 2022 8:54 PM

I think Maddy is totally self-aware based on her social media, but she struck me as timid and ill at ease on the show. Like a lot of Drag Race queens these days, she was probably terrified of doing or saying something that would get her canceled or set upon by the fans.

by Anonymousreply 540February 12, 2022 8:58 PM

Maddy has no charisma in drag, but he has a likable personality and I don't really care who he has sex with. I was sad to learn about his mother abandoning him and that he grew up in a trailer. He seems like an OK guy.

by Anonymousreply 541February 12, 2022 8:59 PM

I was kind of hoping for a double elimination last night.

by Anonymousreply 542February 12, 2022 8:59 PM

Maddy should never do drag as a job. Zero entertainment value. His personality is okay out of drag but he is dull in and out.

by Anonymousreply 543February 12, 2022 9:45 PM

I think Maddy's problem is that he thought he was special enough on his own. When I've seen bio-queens compete (UK and Dragula), those bitches try 2x harder to prove themselves to the others. Maddy shows no evidence of that, although he was a natural leader and team player.

by Anonymousreply 544February 12, 2022 9:51 PM

I didn't even find him all that interesting out of drag. SO many straight guys they could have chosen, and they chose a drip.

by Anonymousreply 545February 12, 2022 9:51 PM

I kind of wonder if Maddy’s inspiration isn’t Trixie Mattel.

by Anonymousreply 546February 12, 2022 9:53 PM

R546 Poor inspiration given that Trixie'a success is Trixie's personality and quick wit and talent, and Trixie performed terribly overall on Drag Race and only got the fake win on All Stars after Ben De La Creme dropped out.

by Anonymousreply 547February 12, 2022 10:01 PM

Luuuuuuuuv Trixie!

by Anonymousreply 548February 12, 2022 10:34 PM

Deja is so lame.....time to go. And doesn't Daya Betty see that the reason she's safe is that she is doing exactly what is expected of her.....no surprises....no originality. A by the books boring queen.....she better start bringing it.

by Anonymousreply 549February 12, 2022 11:30 PM

Daya Betty asks what can she do to make a better impression and Carson basically says stop coping your mothers makeup techniques and what does Betty? She's copies the same thing, again! Exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 550February 12, 2022 11:34 PM

Love me some Trixie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551February 13, 2022 12:33 AM

R551 I'm surprised and impressed the dancers are clothed. That counts as creativity in the Drag Race world.

by Anonymousreply 552February 13, 2022 12:35 AM

Daya Betty is really annoying. Her voice, personality and drag are a 0.

by Anonymousreply 553February 13, 2022 12:48 AM

It was like Maddy was trying to be a comedy queen in the lip-synch without realising he's a bland and dull queen. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 554February 13, 2022 1:02 AM

Not unlike Trixie Martel, R554.

by Anonymousreply 555February 13, 2022 1:19 AM

Maddy is a cosplayer and nothing more. He just wanted to be on tv.

by Anonymousreply 556February 13, 2022 1:22 AM

For some reason I watched Untucked last night for the first time in a long while. God, Daya Betty needs to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 557February 13, 2022 1:23 AM

I can't stand Daya Betty. She seems to have a lot of defenders. All I see is entitlement and annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 558February 13, 2022 1:26 AM

It left a bad taste in my mouth that they couldn't give Willow a pair of scissors.

by Anonymousreply 559February 13, 2022 2:02 AM

This bitch is funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560February 13, 2022 2:25 AM

The Age of Aquaria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 13, 2022 2:32 AM

Deja was trying to upstage Jasmine during the lip synch. Waving her arms around and lip synching behind her. Bitch is nasty.

by Anonymousreply 562February 13, 2022 6:13 AM

[quote]RuPaul's Drag Race Season 14 OFFICIAL Thread: YASSSSSSSSSS KWEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN!

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 14 OFFICIAL Thread: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ KWEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN!

by Anonymousreply 563February 13, 2022 9:18 AM

Aquaria should of saved that dress for an all winners season. That would be amazing on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 564February 13, 2022 10:18 AM

I wonder what the ratings are like. I think Season 13 was the highest rated yet, though arguably the lowest quality to date. There doesn’t seem to be much chatter about this season. It’s the first ‘mainline’ season I haven’t watched as it aired since Season One. I don’t think I’ll be bothering to catch up either.

by Anonymousreply 565February 13, 2022 12:10 PM

Season 14 is already breaking several viewership records. This is easily googleable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566February 13, 2022 12:32 PM

R566 I’m trying to spark discussion. So glad it worked. Anything to add except snottiness?

by Anonymousreply 567February 13, 2022 2:44 PM

Well, r566 added a link that addressed the very issue you raised.

by Anonymousreply 568February 13, 2022 2:59 PM

Maddy was a bit of a dud.

This season has offered a generous mix of cisgender, transgender, and, dare one say, bi-curious queenz.

by Anonymousreply 569February 13, 2022 3:28 PM

He seems credibly authentic to me. It doesn't seem like a straight guy doing a stunt just to be on TV. Again, I found him pretty boring in drag, but he seems like a decent person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570February 13, 2022 3:29 PM

Any clues on who plays who in the Snatch Game this season?

by Anonymousreply 571February 13, 2022 4:04 PM

Maddy could not paint,. A comedy queen (0r straight in this case) still needs to know how to paint. Trixie, as much of a clown makeup as it was, knew how to paint. Maddie never contoured or used highlights low lights to restructure his face. His eye makeup looked like your typical 7 -11 midnight to 6 am shift worker. It's like she was 60% there to drag queen. She was funny. She came up with all the lines and whatnot for the drag race promo reel. Her looks were also 50% there. The rain look, she should of had the headpiece light up like a storm. The only reason June lost that lipsync was because of June, not how good Maddie was.

by Anonymousreply 572February 13, 2022 4:14 PM

R568 so the opening episode had the highest rating premiere but how is it doing now? Just posting links with nothing to say about it is BORING.

by Anonymousreply 573February 13, 2022 5:29 PM

No one is saying Maddy isn't a nice person. He shouldn't be doing drag as a profession. He doesn't have any skills to succeed in drag. He needs a great drag mother and family to help him out. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 574February 13, 2022 5:33 PM

[quote] Just posting links with nothing to say about it is BORING.

How about if we just leave it up to you to provide all of the scintillating analysis then?

by Anonymousreply 575February 13, 2022 5:42 PM

THIS ISN’T RUPAUL’S NICE PERSON RACE!

by Anonymousreply 576February 13, 2022 5:52 PM

Well, if the ability to paint one's face was the top criteria for drag, then RuPaul herself would be booted from her own show...

Bitch can't paint. At all.

by Anonymousreply 577February 13, 2022 6:26 PM

Weekly ratings up to episode 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 14, 2022 2:24 AM

QUESTION ===If someone could answer. I do streaming and don't have cable. Do RuPaul DR new episodes come out every week on Paramount Plus or does the whole season come on after the show finishes airing on network tv?...Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 579February 14, 2022 10:16 AM

Watch out R579! You aren't allowed to ask questions on this thread. The hall monitors are out in force!

by Anonymousreply 580February 14, 2022 2:16 PM

r579, if you have Sling TV, you can catch the back episodes on VH1, where it airs now. I haven't seen this season's eps on Paramount or WoW, so I guess they wait until the season is over.

by Anonymousreply 581February 14, 2022 2:33 PM

I think Dayas bitterness is entertaining r577. This is a reality show about drag queens, I want there to be some queens being dramatic.

I even enjoyed Maddie/Jasmines little argument during untucked. Though I think that came from Maddy's insecurity of knowing he was going to get destroyed during that lip sync. Which Jasmine did destroy him, hopefully seeing himself on TV will make him improve and become a better drag queen because he definitely isn't there yet.

by Anonymousreply 582February 14, 2022 3:07 PM

Oops meant to respond to r558.

by Anonymousreply 583February 14, 2022 3:08 PM

Maddy will almost certainly have a better career than the early boots pre-S6/S7. She's extremely social media savvy, and she can stay relevant provided she elevates her drag.

by Anonymousreply 584February 14, 2022 4:33 PM

Twitter drama ensued over the weekend between Jorgeous and Cynthia Lee Fontaine.

Cynthia agreed with a fan that Jorgeous didn't deserve to win the challenge this week; however, she was diplomatic and didn't tag her or mention her by name. Jorgeous replied, "This is why your car don't work." (Cynthia crashed her car on Saturday and got hurt badly enough to need medical treatment.)

Cynthia waited until today to reply. She spoiled Jorgeous's elimination, implying that it's going to be messy like Valentina's.

by Anonymousreply 585February 14, 2022 7:12 PM

Update: Kornbread has deleted her Twitter account after egging Jorgeous on to read Cynthia and then getting tons of blowback.

by Anonymousreply 586February 15, 2022 12:59 AM

Streaming - I believe it is available right after it airs on wow Presetns plus.

by Anonymousreply 587February 15, 2022 12:57 PM

You can also get Philo for 20 bucks a month and get a ton of channels, cloud DVR to record them and they are available to stream later.

by Anonymousreply 588February 15, 2022 12:58 PM

Gay Torrents for the win...

by Anonymousreply 589February 15, 2022 10:31 PM

Ina Garten must be loving tonight's challenge

by Anonymousreply 590February 19, 2022 1:23 AM

I loved Lady Camden tonight.

by Anonymousreply 591February 19, 2022 1:35 AM

This was a great episode of Drag Race.

That fucking fart twist was so unexpected and silly, it turned the cliche Drag Race acting challenge into something memorable. And Camden had that killer runway reveal and a great lip sync.

Nice to see the show remind you why you liked it in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 592February 19, 2022 1:50 AM

It only took 14 seasons- this is the very first sketch that actually made me laugh out loud!

by Anonymousreply 593February 19, 2022 2:42 AM

Lady C! Love her. Though I think Bosco is the dark horse in this competition.

by Anonymousreply 594February 19, 2022 2:47 AM

Fart jokes?? How gauche.

by Anonymousreply 595February 19, 2022 2:48 AM

Well SMELL you Miss r595!

by Anonymousreply 596February 19, 2022 2:51 AM

They were going for those Emmys during Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 597February 19, 2022 5:07 AM

Another day, another trans!

by Anonymousreply 598February 19, 2022 5:13 AM

No new thread?

by Anonymousreply 599February 19, 2022 10:42 AM

Part 2, linked below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 19, 2022 1:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!