Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Better Call Saul’ Returns April 18th for Final Season

Part 1 of Season 6 will premiere on April 18 at 9 p.m. ET. on AMC, consisting of seven episodes. Then the final six episodes air starting on July 11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590August 17, 2022 10:29 PM

Good riddance.

I hate this show.

I can't stand Bob Odenkirk. He's so over rated.

And he never deserved all those Emmy noms.

There were so many others who deserved it, rather than him.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2022 11:31 PM

What's with these annoying part 1 and 2 announcements lately? We also only got part 1 of Ozark although production wrapped in 2020. Same with Grace&Frankie. They really like to drag things out lately. I read that lots of people are currently canceling their subscriptions bc Netflix is getting more and more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2022 11:32 PM

AMC is run by assholes, R2.

Originally, they said that The Walking Dead's final season would be Season 10.

Then they said that it would be an "extended" season 10, with Part A, Part B, and Part C.

Now they're calling it "Season 11."

The people running AMC are fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2022 11:34 PM

[QUOTE] I read that lots of people are currently canceling their subscriptions bc Netflix is getting more and more expensive.

And replacing it with what, R2? Some magical entertainment service that’s not getting more expensive?

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2022 11:42 PM

^Free services with ads

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2022 11:46 PM

Name some of them, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2022 11:50 PM

[6]Tubi

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2022 11:57 PM

[QUOTE] Tubi

What shows have they produced, R7?

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2022 5:39 PM

The Emmys are as big a joke as the Golden Globes.

Complete favortism.

The whole fucking thing is fixed.

Funny how the GGs got cancelled, but not the Emmys

They are exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2022 5:41 PM

I'm kind of over it already. Once Michael McKean was gone, the dip in the quality was noticeable. Previous season didn't grab me at all - I can barely remember what major plotlines were.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2022 6:13 PM

Michael McKean was great and he’s definitely missed but I wouldn’t go that far, R10.

It always brings a certain sadness over me when I think of how Chuck died.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2022 4:30 PM

New trailer for the final season dropped a few days ago…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2022 10:46 PM

Good riddance to this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2022 10:50 PM

When are they going to release season 5 on Netflix? I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that yet.

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2022 10:55 PM

That fucking trailer at R12 was glorious.

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2022 11:12 PM

I'm still wondering about the flash-forward scenes scattered throughout the series, where Jimmy is working at a Cinnabon in some nondescript shopping mall... presumably in hiding or in witness protection... and how we get from where we are now (in his story) to that.

He was still lawyering in New Mexico throughout the timeline of Breaking Bad, which takes place AFTER the events of BCS... so will they bridge that time gap somehow to take the viewers through Jimmy's post-Walter-White/pre-hiding life?

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2022 3:23 PM

The Cinnabon scenes are what make the final season so deliciously unpredictable. There are parts of this series which will lead directly into Breaking Bad, but the writers can also take us post-Breaking Bad where we potentially find multiple story resolutions that go beyond Walter White and Jesse Pinkman. Does Kim get murdered, for example, or does Gene from Cinnabon come knocking at her door?

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote]Does Kim get murdered

I REALLY HOPE NOT.

::: rocking back and forth in the corner :::

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2022 8:26 PM

I don't understand why Hollywood has such a fucking hard on for Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and Bob Odenkirk.

I really don't fucking get it.

These are the most over-rated shows and actors in the history of television.

It's a motherfucking mystery.

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2022 8:36 PM

Does this mean that Netflix will finally show the penultimate season?

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2022 8:41 PM

I stopped watching after season 1. It was like watching paint dry

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2022 8:52 PM

You’re really missing out, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2022 12:03 AM

Does anybody really care anymore? It's been gone so long and Odenkirk is a tiresome, sanctimonious douche. Let it die.

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2022 12:31 AM

When did they release season 4? 3 years ago? I probably have to catch up on all seasons bc I hardly remember anything from that season, and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that. Too much effort and time for a mediocre show.

Is it also split in two parts like Ozark? We had to wait 3 years and now we don't even get a full season?

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2022 8:15 AM

Season 5 hits Netflix on Monday April 4th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2022 1:44 PM

Season 5 just hit Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2022 12:25 AM

I mainly watch for Mike the Hitman. He is the true star.

[quote] Does Kim get murdered

Worse I suspect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2022 1:33 AM

You’re right, R27. Mike definitely makes the show for me, too.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2022 8:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2022 9:03 AM

[quote]What's with these annoying part 1 and 2 announcements lately? We also only got part 1 of Ozark although production wrapped in 2020. Same with Grace&Frankie. They really like to drag things out lately.

HBO started that, with SATC and then The Sopranos, both of which had divided final seasons, and now it seems to be every cable series. I guess it just means the network knows the final season is big deal, doesn't have anything new it has as much confidence in, and wants to keep milking the hype for as long as possible.

I love BCS. It's been a slow burner, but season 5 was actually my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2022 9:38 AM

The last season with Chuck will probably always be my favorite. It’s a great show, don’t get me wrong, but Season 3 will be hard to top.

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2022 2:53 PM

I think Kim is the real star of the show... (Rhea Seehorn). Jimmy gets pretty predictable with his schtick, but Kim's reactions/caretaking always seems authentic and interesting. Mike and Chuck - though good actors - were kind of the same thing over and over too.

Enjoyed the show... but it's time to end it and end Jimmy, the little two-bit jerkfest.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2022 7:39 PM

I will have nothing to look forward to after it ends.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote] I will have nothing to look forward to after it ends.

Have courage pilgrim. Justified is returning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2022 12:32 AM

I agree that the character of Kim was the true heart of the show but she has been gradually sidelined. Rewatching S5 in order to get ready for the final season I realized that the reason why I didn't care for it so much the first time around was precisely because there was just so little of her in it, comparatively speaking.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2022 1:46 AM

Kim is my favorite character on Better Call Saul or Breaking Bad.

I haven't seen season 5 since it was new (which was right at the start of the pandemic, so it seems like five years ago), but I thought she had a lot of material in it: getting more and more disillusioned with the corporate banking job, doing pro bono work, marrying Jimmy and getting drawn into his association with Lalo. I remember a lot of reaction that Seehorn had been unjustly snubbed when the Emmy nominations came out.

Lorraine Bracco in later seasons of The Sopranos is my idea of sidelined.

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2022 2:05 AM

[QUOTE] Have courage pilgrim. Justified is returning

😂 While I’m glad to see Raylan Givens return, R34, it won’t mean as much to me as BCS. I think the whole Breaking Bad universe is coming to an end after this.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2022 7:30 AM

I love this show! All you haters can fuck off!!

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2022 7:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2022 9:12 AM

Uhh, okay, R39.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2022 3:55 PM

He's spamming that Aaron Rogers item in every thread. Not really clear why I should care about that guy either way.

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote]Have courage pilgrim. Justified is returning

I liked this show, but they ran out of ideas at the end. They need to get Boyd out of prison & get him into politics. He's got white power cred after all!

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2022 5:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2022 10:39 PM

Does anyone else have a BFF crush on the Kim character? Style, smarts, tolerance of male ego foolishness, deadpan quips and love of necking back tequila.

by Anonymousreply 44April 17, 2022 3:46 AM

I enjoy this show and I'm glad it's coming back and I'm glad it's the final season. Actually it's two seasons but we'll pretend it's one season. Just a quibble.

There is so much hype around the show but it's justified, to my mind. The characters feel pretty real to me. Really good writing.

by Anonymousreply 45April 17, 2022 3:51 AM

[quote]Does anyone else have a BFF crush on the Kim character?

Or, just a straight-up crush.

::: raises hand :::

by Anonymousreply 46April 17, 2022 12:38 PM

Kim does look like she’d make a damn good lesbian, R46,

by Anonymousreply 47April 17, 2022 9:56 PM

Tonight’s the night!

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2022 12:31 AM

Its not on Netflix Canada yet...pmo.

by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2022 9:26 PM

Watched first two episodes on AMC... tried to watch it On Demand, but you still can't FF, and unless you have AMC+ you have to watch the commercials.

Conclusion: not sure it has the interest of season 5, but then I CAN'T FUCKING STAND THE COMMERCIAL "BREAKS"

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2022 2:26 AM

Agree r1. Was excited by the extended single shot introduction, giving a ‘tasteful friends’ view of Saul’s lair, with feature golden throne. Went down hill from there. Slow pace, felt like a repeat in places. Golf course scene gave a flash of the old show standards but that was it. Left it after part 1.

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote] felt like a repeat in places

It was thought it didn't occur to me until later. Fring's plan to attack his druglord enemy was the same as he used in Breaking Bad. In Saul he sent in Nacho to infiltrate the druglord's home and let in the killers, and in Breaking Bad he used Jesse for the same sort of mission.

And as usual Mike's performance standing up to Fring was exceptional.

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2022 5:58 AM

Best show currently airing

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2022 6:06 AM

I am recording it now on AMC so I can ff commercials since Netflix says there are new episodes but then they don't show up under the title.

by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2022 6:06 AM

Alright, enough carrot.

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2022 10:07 AM

Kimmy is slippin. Nacho isn't going to survive this season! It was a great premiere.

by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2022 10:10 AM

[quote]Netflix says there are new episodes but then they don't show up under the title

The new episodes on Netflix are season 5, which I am trying to watch, but can't seem to get into.

by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2022 10:19 AM

R57 oh thanks. I watched those earlier this week (and last year). Fking Netflix bs.

by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2022 1:24 PM

Netflix has never been allowed to show a season until the next season begins airing.

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2022 1:27 PM

. Nacho isn't going to survive this season!

Nacho apparently survives because when Saul is first kidnapped by Walter and Jesse he asks if they are hitmen sent by him.

by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2022 2:58 PM

I have so many questions after watching the first two episodes. If you haven’t watched them yet, stop reading.

Why did Mike leave Nacho’s ID in that duplicate safe so that the bad guys could find it? And for that matter, why did Mike leave a duplicate safe?

I know it’s a TV show, but it seems really improbable that Nacho could drive past all those bad guys shooting at him.

How did Gus figure out that Salomonco is still alive just by shaking the hands with wheelchair guy? And why would wheelchair guy have told Gus?

Has Kim given up on having the scummy accountants help bring down Howard?

Was leaving a phony bag of cocaine in Howard’s locker really the best scam the two of them could come up with?

by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote]Nacho apparently survives because when Saul is first kidnapped by Walter and Jesse he asks if they are hitmen sent by him.

You're thinking of Lalo, R60. His reference to Nacho in that scene is something like "It wasn't me; it was Ignacio! He's the one!"

The implication is that Lalo is still out there circa 2008-09, but Nacho's fate in the Breaking Bad era is up in the air. Then again, Jimmy/Saul might not have been looped in on everything.

To some of R61's points:

[quote]Why did Mike leave Nacho’s ID in that duplicate safe so that the bad guys could find it? And for that matter, why did Mike leave a duplicate safe?

Boss's orders. Gus's people were telling Nacho to sit tight at the hotel until someone came for him, while making sure the cartel would know exactly where to find and kill him. The safe contained phony evidence that pinned everything on Nacho and exonerated Gus. Dirty business.

Mike likes Nacho, so he was a reluctant participant.

[quote]How did Gus figure out that Salomonco is still alive just by shaking the hands with wheelchair guy? And why would wheelchair guy have told Gus?

It wasn't shaking his hand as much as looking him in the eyes when doing so. There was a "Just you wait" arrogance coming off of Hector, not appropriate to the situation. So, Gus knew Lalo was alive and that Hector was sure of it. In fact, he paid the condolence visit knowing Hector either wouldn't be able to fool him or wouldn't care to.

[quote]Has Kim given up on having the scummy accountants help bring down Howard?

The Kettlemans have already played their small part in the scheme (which I suspect will be complex and multi-step) by going around to prominent law offices and talking about Howard and cocaine. All she requires from them now is that they keep their mouths shut, hence the "stick" of the call to her IRS friend.

by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2022 11:28 PM

This episode reminded me of why I became such a fan of the show. Still, a little too much of the Mexican narco mafia padding. Mike/Kim/Howard storylines are far more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 63April 20, 2022 11:46 PM

[QUOTE] Conclusion: not sure it has the interest of season 5, but then I CAN'T FUCKING STAND THE COMMERCIAL "BREAKS"

I buy the Season Pass on ITunes so I can watch every episode commercial free the next day.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2022 2:11 AM

[QUOTE] This episode reminded me of why I became such a fan of the show. Still, a little too much of the Mexican narco mafia padding. Mike/Kim/Howard storylines are far more interesting.

That’s what makes the show so great. You get both. It’s like two shows for the price of one. I wish it wasn’t ending.

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2022 11:25 AM

[quote]I CAN'T FUCKING STAND THE COMMERCIAL "BREAKS"

OMG, I watched it on demand and couldn't agree more. There were at least 8 to 10 commercials per break!

by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2022 12:41 PM

Buy the season, folks. This is one of the very few shows worth earning outright.

by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2022 4:49 PM

Season explained

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2022 6:48 PM

[quote] Gus's people were telling Nacho to sit tight at the hotel until someone came for him, while making sure the cartel would know exactly where to find and kill him.

R62, wasn't that really risky of Gus? What if the cartel caught Nacho alive and he told them that it was Gus who wanted to kill Lalo? I don't understand why Gus just didn't have Nacho killed to tie up that loose end.

by Anonymousreply 69April 24, 2022 11:28 PM

So there's no Better Call Saul tonight? So far it's just that shitty Fear the Walking Dead show.

by Anonymousreply 70April 25, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote]wasn't that really risky of Gus? What if the cartel caught Nacho alive and he told them that it was Gus who wanted to kill Lalo? I don't understand why Gus just didn't have Nacho killed to tie up that loose end.

Well, that's the thing. The Salamancas and the cartel both had people pursuing Nacho. The cartel people (the ones Gus planted the duplicate safe to fool) would most likely kill him outright, but the Salamancas would torture him first to find out whom he was working for. That's why The Cousins were emphasizing "alive."

The Lalo assassination plot is like Gus's Bay of Pigs.

by Anonymousreply 71April 25, 2022 2:48 AM

R70, Saul airs on Monday (not Sunday) nights, and is definitely on tonight.

by Anonymousreply 72April 25, 2022 12:03 PM

RIP, character

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2022 2:57 AM

He was too hot to die. 😫

by Anonymousreply 74April 28, 2022 1:00 AM

Bob Odenkirk's hair replacement surgery/fake hairline are so distracting to me.

All I do is stare at it.

by Anonymousreply 75April 28, 2022 1:13 AM

I gave up around the end of Season 2. But I LOVED Breaking Bad. Should I get back in?

by Anonymousreply 76April 28, 2022 1:15 AM

That episode was so depressing, I don’t even want to watch anymore. Who knows what else they’re going to do?

by Anonymousreply 77April 28, 2022 1:27 AM

R25, it'a a prequel so they have him in a wig. It is a bit odd looking.

Goodbye, Michael Mando! What a great ending soliloquy.

by Anonymousreply 78April 28, 2022 1:38 AM

Tried to watch after Chuck left in a blaze of glory, but can't get excited. I'll wait until every episode of BCS is done over finished and then try the series again. Odenkirk is tiresome but love Rhea.

by Anonymousreply 79April 28, 2022 1:49 AM

This is the first time in the series I've found Kim interesting.

by Anonymousreply 80April 28, 2022 1:50 AM

SPOILER:

Nacho was "the most noble", most completely sympathetic character. Such a loss... and the last scenes with him required total scenery chewing, and Mando pulled it off. Big, histrionic, moving....

R80 Kim is the reason to watch this show for me. Every show she does something that seems both totally within character and also off-the-wall surprising.

by Anonymousreply 81April 28, 2022 2:12 AM

[QUOTE] Tried to watch after Chuck left in a blaze of glory, but can't get excited. I'll wait until every episode of BCS is done over finished and then try the series again. Odenkirk is tiresome but love Rhea.

You barely see Odenkirk. This must be all the shit that was filmed while he was recovering from his heart attack. They were probably ready to finish the series without him.

by Anonymousreply 82April 28, 2022 10:40 AM

Michael Mando definitely needed more shirtless scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 28, 2022 10:56 AM

Who was following Jimmy and Kim? Lalo? Or is that too obvious?

by Anonymousreply 84April 28, 2022 5:38 PM

Nacho should have a prequel prequel about how he got into Salamanca business. I would watch that.

by Anonymousreply 85April 28, 2022 5:39 PM

Especially if he gets naked R85

by Anonymousreply 86April 29, 2022 1:18 PM

The Breaking Bad universe likely ends with the series finale. I don’t think there’s any more shows coming.

by Anonymousreply 87April 29, 2022 1:52 PM

Breaking Bad - The Next Generation

Walt Junior having completed his university educations joins with Marie to develop and market a new drug

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 29, 2022 11:23 PM

Why did Nacho agree to let the killers in? Why didnt he at least stage an injury or something? Why didn't he bounce after escaping the twins at the motel? Seems stupid to just hand Gus a victory and agree to your own death.

He already had a shitload of money and fake identities and should have kidnapped his father and left before the Mexico trip or ask him to get the cash and IDs when they were talking after he escaped.

by Anonymousreply 89April 30, 2022 11:59 AM

[quote]Walt Junior having completed his university educations joins with Marie to develop and market a new drug

Junior's "maple syrup" meth would be 98.5 percent pure!

by Anonymousreply 90April 30, 2022 12:23 PM

R89, I think that Gus knew that, wherever he ran to, his father would always be vulnerable. Yes, he could have kidnapped his father, but then he would have forced his father into a life on the lam, and he didn't want that for his father. He knew he had fucked up his life, and he didn't want his father to have to pay the price for that.

by Anonymousreply 91April 30, 2022 2:20 PM

😂 Kidnap his father? That old man wasn’t gonna let Nacho kidnap him. He’d rather be dead than live on the run from some drug cartel.

by Anonymousreply 92April 30, 2022 8:04 PM

Is Saul even in the show anymore? I feel like it’s about 75% cartel. I kind of get the need to invent new characters whose ending we don’t know (other than Kim) but I honestly don’t give a shit about Lalo or Nacho. Or Gus or Mike, frankly. We got enough of them in BB and a couple cameos here would have been swell. But neither character really has enough depth to merit all the time we’re spending with them.

Three or four seasons with Jimmy, Kim and Chuck (with a few necessary cartel detours toward the end) would have been a surprisingly awesome show. Success can fuck you up sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 93April 30, 2022 8:13 PM

I'm with R93. As much as I was into cartel story arcs on BB, here I find them kind of tedious and predictable.

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2022 12:55 AM

I'll provide the BCS mark's point of view, then. I think the structure of the series has been a superb illustration of patient long-range planning. It's about the Jimmy/Saul character's transformation, how he went from HHM mail-room up-and-comer to the lowlife we met in Breaking Bad. Seasons 1-3 dealt heavily with his complex relationship with his brother. Seasons 4-6 take him (and Kim) deeper into Saul Goodman's world, and Gus, Mike and the Salamancas are of that world. So there's been less of the HHM office, no more old ladies playing bingo at the nursing home, etc.

People may prefer one phase or the other. When seasons 1-3 were airing, there were complaints then too. People said it was too slow, there wasn't enough action, it was more like a David E. Kelley legal dramedy, why are they wasting so much time on that fruitcake in the space blanket, the scenes about the drug trade seemed disconnected from the rest, etc. I've liked it all, but I do think the later seasons have felt better integrated and have had greater suspense and tension. When people say Saul is barely in the show or Kim isn't getting anything to do anymore, I'm just not seeing it.

The series does have weaknesses, some of them the unavoidable ones for a prequel. We can't worry too much about certain characters when they're shown in danger, because we know who's still standing by 2008. Three of the main characters look much older now than they looked when they were supposed to BE older, on Breaking Bad. And Chuck and Jimmy's age gap was always a weird unforced error. Their respective birth years were given as 1944 and 1960, but that doesn't fit with the relationship they both describe having when they were children, and they looked much closer when their child selves were shown in the tent in the back yard. If they really were 15-16 years apart, Chuck should have been long past "college" when 13-year-old Jimmy started stealing from the family store. McKean was excellent, but his casting in that role was strange.

by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2022 2:55 AM

Sure, R93 why do all these "subplots" exist? Why isn't it just a soap opera about how happy Saul and Kim are together?

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2022 2:56 AM

[quote]Is Saul even in the show anymore?

Bob Odenkirk had a heart attack and so he couldn't be there to film

by Anonymousreply 97May 1, 2022 2:57 AM

Filming began in March 2021 and did not wrap until February 2022. Odenkirk had his heart attack in July. While he was recuperating, they got everything they could get that did not include Saul. Odenkirk was back on the set in September. Vince Gilligan has talked about how they resumed shooting a scene that hadn't been completed the first time (Gilligan himself was directing that episode).

These final 13 episodes are what they were always going to be. If you're seeing an episode that has a lot of Nacho or a lot of Kim or Mike, that's how it was drawn up.

by Anonymousreply 98May 1, 2022 3:22 AM

I want Kim to be a Queenpin, and a Bonnie and Clyde ending with Cinnabon Gene.

by Anonymousreply 99May 1, 2022 3:29 AM

I think the Nacho ending episode probably gave Odenkirk the heart attack. I know it gave me one in my living room!!

by Anonymousreply 100May 2, 2022 6:17 AM

The most boring shit ever.. it is so fucking slow paced.

by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2022 6:21 AM

What was Kim's beef with Howard, again?

Not sure why she's going after him.

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2022 6:33 AM

I don't think Kim ever liked Howard much for some class-resentment reasons (she's struggled to get where she is; he's had it easy). You can see that building through the course of the series, for example, when she paid the firm back for her student debt and he tore up the check. But the trigger for her present attitude was when he tried to tell her Jimmy was leading her down the wrong path. She didn't like the insinuation that she needed rescuing. She told him she makes her own decisions. Then she went home and made one to screw up his life.

by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2022 6:46 AM

Can't stand Mike. He is always all-knowing, all-seeing.

Hate how Nacho was treated. Wished he would have gotten revenge before dying. Gus, etc are such scumbag users.

by Anonymousreply 104May 2, 2022 6:50 AM

Regarding Kim's animosity toward Howard, didn't Howard screw her out of that huge class-action suit with Sandpiper?

by Anonymousreply 105May 2, 2022 11:40 AM

R104 It's interesting... I thought Gus was a fresh character, enigmatic, appealing ... in Breaking Bad. Increasingly in Better Call Saul I've been tired of his schtick (both how he's written, and the way the actor is playing him). I've hoped he'd get his comeuppance ... especially after Nacho's sacrifice. But knowing what happens in Breaking Bad we know Gus survives, and thrives... a down side of a prequel.

Also, Don Hector is really annoying... and we know he's not going to go away.

by Anonymousreply 106May 2, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote]But knowing what happens in Breaking Bad we know Gus survives, and thrives

If you call getting half your face blown off surviving and thriving.

by Anonymousreply 107May 2, 2022 3:54 PM

In BB Gus had some redeeming qualities and I often thought he was loyal and fair, but the guy is pure evil and doesn't give a fuck about anyone besides his drug empire. Nacho deserved a better ending. He did everything Gus asked of him and he still sold him out to the Salamancas. I'm surprised Mike is still working for him after he saw what happened to Nacho.

by Anonymousreply 108May 2, 2022 4:22 PM

Mike made a deal with the devil. He knows it... occasionally there is a flash of honor or integrity, but even he knows it's useless, as he slides down into the Darkness... only a bloody ending by a river as his reward.

by Anonymousreply 109May 2, 2022 4:38 PM

[QUOTE] Can't stand Mike. He is always all-knowing, all-seeing.

😂 That’s what I love about Mike and his MacGyver ass. He’s such an awesome character. Gus is so lucky to have him. I’d be a damn good crime boss too if I could have a guy like that behind me.

by Anonymousreply 110May 2, 2022 11:37 PM

R106 uh the facial injuries weren’t just cosmetic…he died immediately after, remember?

by Anonymousreply 111May 3, 2022 6:21 AM

That peek behind a steel door and another door and a bookcase by Gus gives Viktor Frankl vibes. What's going on with that? A secret underground family?

by Anonymousreply 112May 3, 2022 6:24 AM

Not Viktor Frankl. Josef Fritzl.

by Anonymousreply 113May 3, 2022 6:36 AM

Not Berniece Frankl. Bea Arthur!

by Anonymousreply 114May 3, 2022 6:38 AM

r112 Gus bought the house across the street from his, those people must be okay letting his surveillance guys in there.

by Anonymousreply 115May 3, 2022 8:35 AM

[quote] Can't stand Mike. He is always all-knowing, all-seeing.

I knew you'd say that

by Anonymousreply 116May 3, 2022 11:38 AM

I hope.we see Hank and Gomez again and maybe a random Home Depot run in with Walt or Jesse. Or maybe that preggo cunt Skylar hunting for change at the grocery checkout while Mike is buying white bread and baloney.

by Anonymousreply 117May 3, 2022 3:22 PM

Filler episode. Not much really happened this week.

by Anonymousreply 118May 3, 2022 3:35 PM

This batch of new episodes has been a bit underwhelming, except for the episode at the country club.

by Anonymousreply 119May 3, 2022 3:38 PM

Breaking Bad fan fiction.

by Anonymousreply 120May 3, 2022 3:53 PM

R111? What are you talking about? Nacho's facial injuries were not fatal, hence he blew his brains out. Mike's "facial injuries"?? I mean he did slit his throat in BB, but that's not in question.

by Anonymousreply 121May 3, 2022 3:54 PM

I think he’s talking about Gus.

by Anonymousreply 122May 3, 2022 3:55 PM

^^ Maybe... but Gus really thrived in BB, until he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 123May 3, 2022 3:57 PM

I love the show, but I hate that it's been so long since both BB and the other seasons of BCS that I know I'm missing some incredible callbacks. I don't have time to binge-watch

by Anonymousreply 124May 3, 2022 4:02 PM

[quote] I know I'm missing some incredible callbacks

Here is one I missed.

In line at Jimmy's temporary office Mister Spooge makes a point of telling Jimmy he is just Spooge.

In season two of Breaking Bad he and his meth junkie wife rob one of Jessie's dealers. Walt requires Jessie to get the money back and he goes to their home where he is briefly held hostage until the strung out wife drops an ATM on Spooge's head crushing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 3, 2022 10:56 PM

Great episode. I fucking loved it!

by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2022 1:00 AM

I'm surprised the spa lady finally kicked him out of his "office".

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2022 5:40 AM

😂😂 Seeing Jimmy as Howard with that ridiculous tan.

😂😂 Jimmy’s reaction when he got in Howard’s car and heard his music.

😂😂 Mike casually popping up next to Kim like he’s God.

😳😂 Gus walking through that tunnel underneath his house, passing his body double. Nobody can tell me they knew what was happening when he walked to that circuit breaker. Fring is just incredibly scrupulous.

by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2022 10:44 AM

[quote] Nobody can tell me they knew what was happening when he walked to that circuit breaker.

I certainly didn't. I figured the armed surveillance team was DEA and the tunnel was an El Chapo style drug transit tunnel.

[quote] Mike casually popping up next to Kim like he’s God.

Mike 𝒊𝒔 God

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2022 1:50 PM

Biggest surprise of the episode: Gus wears clip-on ties!

by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2022 2:30 PM

When they first showed the surveillance team, I thought the same thing too R129. But then I remembered in BB how the authorities were clueless about Fring, so why would they be watching him? The wheels kept spinning and I couldn’t figure out it was Gus’ own people until he walked inside the other house.

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2022 3:34 PM

Nobody does sleight of hand better than Vince Gilligan.

by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2022 11:35 PM

I'm most excited to see what happens to Kim.

by Anonymousreply 133May 5, 2022 12:20 AM

I am NOT excited to see what happens to Kim if she gets murdered. I dread the thought.

by Anonymousreply 134May 5, 2022 12:38 AM

R134, I think a lot of people assume that's what happens to her, which is why I don't think it will happen. Maybe because she's so ethical and moral (for a lawyer), but gets excitement out of being "bad" that she becomes a cartel lawyer in Mexico. I know that's crazy, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2022 1:11 AM

I loved when Gus tells Mike that the security he hired who's posing as a restaurant employee that he was "not up to Pollos standards." Guy is there for security purposes and Gus is displeased the guy isn't fast food material. 😂

by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2022 1:20 AM

Rhea (Kim) directed this last episode.

by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2022 6:50 AM

And she did a spectacular job.

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2022 11:14 AM

I'm really going to miss this show. In interviews, Rhea has said that season 6 is devastating. Who knows what we're yet in store for.

by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2022 6:44 PM

Yeah we haven’t seen anything yet R139. Rhea has gone to the ends of the earth to basically warn us that Kim will be murdered. She wants us prepared for it, but I certainly won’t be.

by Anonymousreply 140May 6, 2022 12:17 AM

Kim has to die. Saul.is single.in Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 141May 6, 2022 12:42 AM

[quote] Kim has to die. Saul.is single.in Breaking Bad.

Not necessarily. Perhaps Kim will need to order a new dust filter for her Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60

by Anonymousreply 142May 6, 2022 12:46 AM

She doesn't HAVE to die for him to be single.

by Anonymousreply 143May 6, 2022 1:24 AM

But she most likely did, R143. Who else’s death would bring the misery that Rhea keeps warning about? What else would make us so sad? All of the other main characters will obviously live since we saw them in Breaking Bad. The only heartbreaking death left is Kim. Who else would we mourn? Howard?

by Anonymousreply 144May 6, 2022 2:16 AM

Kim and Jimmy's story could end in a devastating way that doesn't leave Kim dead. In interviews I've read, RS has played it pretty close to the vest. She's talked about a "reckoning" and "consequences," but given what Kim is presently involved in (both the dirty tricks against Howard and her involvement via Jimmy in the world of Lalo, Mike, et al.), that could go a few ways.

Nacho might turn out to be the only big death of a main character. Or...what if Howard is driven to suicide, and Kim feels partly responsible?

by Anonymousreply 145May 6, 2022 3:07 AM

I think Kim is a bitch so I am into seeing what happens to her.

by Anonymousreply 146May 6, 2022 3:21 AM

I hate Kim's stupid ponytail with a curl

by Anonymousreply 147May 6, 2022 3:24 AM

Last two posters = heartless cunts

by Anonymousreply 148May 6, 2022 4:40 AM

MARY! at r148 it is a character on a tv show not a real person.

by Anonymousreply 149May 6, 2022 5:16 AM

Lalo got his sexy on for the frau!!

by Anonymousreply 150May 10, 2022 3:28 AM

God damnit, I forgot today was Monday, and I missed it! Does it repeat on AMC or am I just shit out of luck?

by Anonymousreply 151May 10, 2022 3:32 AM

Yeah it repeats. You can prob pvr it right now.

by Anonymousreply 152May 10, 2022 3:40 AM

r151 also you can go to amc.com and watch it there

by Anonymousreply 153May 10, 2022 4:25 AM

I was worried for Little Bear and Margeurite.

by Anonymousreply 154May 10, 2022 4:26 AM

It reruns again in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 155May 10, 2022 4:38 AM

Finally caught it. Another filler episode. Vince really relies on pregnant pauses. I like the show but there are cliches about this one and Breaking Bad - cinematography suppose to take the place of story. Ok. There was about 15 minutes of story in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 156May 10, 2022 6:54 AM

I didn't care for the boxing nonsense.

What was that in the openimg?

by Anonymousreply 157May 10, 2022 7:28 AM

The Vince Gilligan pattern has been when they have a slow episode like this than the following episode is heavy.

I wonder what episode Odenkirk had his heart attack

by Anonymousreply 158May 10, 2022 7:54 AM

Why so dark? The whole episode. Peering through the gloom, kept wanting to switch on a light.

by Anonymousreply 159May 10, 2022 10:03 AM

[quote]What was that in the opening?

It was a gift to Werner from some of his guys. Lalo saw it while he was in the widow's apartment and knows who made it. That will lead him to his next step.

by Anonymousreply 160May 10, 2022 4:01 PM

The boxing scene was really a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 161May 10, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote] What was that in the opening?

That was also a prank on the viewers. When I saw the pouring I initially thought somebody was finally cooking up some meth

by Anonymousreply 162May 10, 2022 7:52 PM

How would Lalo know about the German connection?

by Anonymousreply 163May 10, 2022 8:05 PM

Lalo found out about Werner last season when spying on Gus' operations. He talked on the phone with him before he was killed by Mike.

My question for anyone who may know...why couldn't Lalo know about what happened in the desert when Jimmy went to get the bail money for him?

by Anonymousreply 164May 10, 2022 9:09 PM

See, that's why I said what I did earlier. It's been so long since the others seasons that I forgot he even spoke Werner. Thanks for explaining, R164

by Anonymousreply 165May 10, 2022 9:19 PM

other*

by Anonymousreply 166May 10, 2022 9:19 PM

[quote] Nacho should have a prequel prequel about how he got into Salamanca business. I would watch that.

Nacho should have a prequel prequel about how he first learned to masturbate, and every time he ever had sex. I would watch that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 10, 2022 9:47 PM

You should’ve binged the rest of series before this season, like I did, R165.

by Anonymousreply 168May 11, 2022 12:53 AM

I love the show, and don't think enough has been made of Patrick Fabian's great performance as Howard.

He nails the role of a slick lawyer who is in some ways Jimmy's opposite and in other ways is sleazier than Jimmy himself.

by Anonymousreply 169May 11, 2022 1:21 AM

Fabian has a totally perfect news or serious documentary voice. Deep and clear. I love Duck from Mad Men's voice too.

by Anonymousreply 170May 11, 2022 4:01 AM

I thought the boxing scene was stupid and a waste of time. I hope it turns out that it actually has a purpose as the story unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 171May 11, 2022 5:01 AM

In thinking about why Jimmy can't tell Lalo about what happened was because Mike was involved.

by Anonymousreply 172May 11, 2022 5:04 AM

I'm hoping Kim goes to jail and they meet at the Cinnabon

by Anonymousreply 173May 11, 2022 12:20 PM

Weak episode.. unless it’s filled with setups for the future.

by Anonymousreply 174May 11, 2022 2:34 PM

You'd think that with 12-14 episodes in a two-part final season there'd be much more going on. In the end, we'll get Walter White and Jesse for 15 minutes in some early second part episode in July/August and we'll deal. The rest will be narcos driving around through Mexican deserts terrorizing an occasional bystander.

by Anonymousreply 175May 11, 2022 2:38 PM

Fabian is also great on season 3 of Veronica Mars.

by Anonymousreply 176May 11, 2022 3:19 PM

R169, I agree!

In the scene at the nursing home where they were trying to get the residents on board, the assistant wasn't getting anywhere with them. Howard jumped in, and he did exactly what Jimmy would have done. Except he's more polished. It was a great parallel that the 2 men are more alike than not.

by Anonymousreply 177May 11, 2022 3:35 PM

What was the point of Gus in the bunker? We already know he will finish the lab, so they just want us to know he's a freak and tough guy with these "mysterious" appearances?

Seems like Kim is a bit scared now and not the tough lady I thought she was.

by Anonymousreply 178May 11, 2022 4:37 PM

R178

Gus in Breaking Bad = a quirky, interesting anomaly. I stand out character.

Gus in Better Call Saul = fucking tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 179May 11, 2022 4:40 PM

[quote] What was the point of Gus in the bunker?

The cartel leaders having pool parties with a dozen whores are easier targets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 11, 2022 4:44 PM

I thought this was the weakest episode of Better Call Saul so far. I hope that some of the uninteresting plot points pay off. I did enjoy the tension involving the German Frau and her dog. But the boxing match was boring and poorly staged. And in what universe would Jimmy agree to box with Howard?

by Anonymousreply 181May 11, 2022 5:19 PM

Pretty much every exchange between Gus and Mike in a nutshell:

"Lalo Salamanca...............is alive."

by Anonymousreply 182May 11, 2022 5:24 PM

I actually fast-forwarded through the boxing. I knew it wasn't going anywhere. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 183May 11, 2022 5:25 PM

Thanks R180. That was great to watch again.

by Anonymousreply 184May 11, 2022 5:33 PM

[QUOTE] What was the point of Gus in the bunker? We already know he will finish the lab, so they just want us to know he's a freak and tough guy with these "mysterious" appearances?

I think that Gus and Lalo will somehow end up down there together, and Gus will be the one who kills Lalo.

by Anonymousreply 185May 11, 2022 8:31 PM

Maybe buries Lalo down there.

by Anonymousreply 186May 11, 2022 8:56 PM

Regardless what he does with him, I’m looking forward to watching Lalo die. I’ve never wanted to see someone die so bad in my life. He makes my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 187May 11, 2022 9:14 PM

And yet he is irresistibly attractive, R187.

by Anonymousreply 188May 12, 2022 4:40 PM

Maybe Javi from Ozark will pop up and kill Lalo. There can be only one, and all that...

by Anonymousreply 189May 13, 2022 1:08 PM

Javi was hotter than Lalo.

by Anonymousreply 190May 13, 2022 3:54 PM

Tonight's episode was meh

by Anonymousreply 191May 17, 2022 5:18 AM

Kim is going to regret taking that U Turn. I think she is going to get disbarred.

by Anonymousreply 192May 17, 2022 5:28 AM

We learned Kim Broke Bad as a child, and has 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 been a criminal at heart.

And Saul knows a guy who knows a guy who sells replacement vacuum parts

by Anonymousreply 193May 17, 2022 5:43 AM

Kim is going to choose that black book over helping others, the opposite of the vet.

by Anonymousreply 194May 17, 2022 5:47 AM

The vacuum guy is the one who disappears Jimmy to the cinnabon.

by Anonymousreply 195May 17, 2022 5:47 AM

Robert Forster's was the best, may he RIP.

by Anonymousreply 196May 17, 2022 6:07 AM

I stand by what I said at R135. I don't believe Kim dies. I think she "Breaks Bad" and becomes a cartel lawyer. Maybe that's why they showed that scene of her as a kid. Her destiny was to become a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 197May 17, 2022 6:09 AM

I interpreted the shoplifting scene as Kim learning empathy for minor offenders, and losing respect for her mother.

She goes in with Jimmy on the plan to get revenge for the elders getting lowballed/ripped off.

by Anonymousreply 198May 17, 2022 6:14 AM

Kim has a hard face.

by Anonymousreply 199May 17, 2022 6:15 AM

I know there's one more episode for the first half of the season, so when does the second half of the season come back?

by Anonymousreply 200May 17, 2022 6:18 AM

Can someone explain the judge with the mustache thing? I missed all of that. What exactly is the plan there?

by Anonymousreply 201May 17, 2022 6:39 AM

The judge is going to be involved in the Sandpiper mediation. Jimmy’s recruiting a double. The full purpose hasn’t been revealed yet.

by Anonymousreply 202May 17, 2022 6:43 AM

Thanks for the explanation ^

by Anonymousreply 203May 17, 2022 6:45 AM

This show is so slow sometimes. I really expected someone important lived on Almeida Road.......and then Mike had the most boring conversation with his granddaughter. I almost fell asleep.

Besides Lalo finding one of Werner's men, absolutely nothing important or worth mentioning happened in this episode. I'm getting tired of waiting for "D-Day". It's the last season and we get filler episode after filler episode and now there is even a several week break?

by Anonymousreply 204May 17, 2022 10:39 AM

[quote]I really expected someone important lived on Almeida Road

Mike considers them to be very important. And it’s Alameda Street.

by Anonymousreply 205May 17, 2022 1:48 PM

I know people complain the show is slow, but I like it. The directors are fascinated with little things, like a cup of coffee being filled in a vending machine.

In the last episode, we had about a minute of Howard making a latte for his wife. It told us a lot: Howard is obsessed with precision, he loves his wife enough to do this, he draws a peace sign in the foam.

Then we find out that they're separated and just living in the same house to keep up appearances. She dumps the carefully constructed latte into a go-mug for the car, not even noticing the care he took with it.

by Anonymousreply 206May 17, 2022 7:59 PM

Giancarlo directed last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 207May 17, 2022 8:13 PM

Lalo plotting revenge on Fring by going to Germany is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 208May 17, 2022 11:46 PM

Lalo is trying to find out exactly what Gus is building, so that he can use that as justification to the cartel to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 209May 18, 2022 12:03 AM

Yes, I know. But the fact that he’d go all the way to Germany to find out what it is objectively pretty stupid when you stop to think about it.

by Anonymousreply 210May 18, 2022 12:44 AM

It's a testament to how good Mike's security is in the US

by Anonymousreply 211May 18, 2022 12:46 AM

Am I the only one who never liked Mike? He is an old grump and his Pop Pop bit with the sky watching went on too long last night.

by Anonymousreply 212May 18, 2022 1:01 AM

That’s where the people who know about it are. He can’t move directly against Gus or Mike.

by Anonymousreply 213May 18, 2022 1:21 AM

[quote] Am I the only one who never liked Mike?

Mike is the primary reason to watch Better Call Saul, just as he was the primary reason to watch Wiseguy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 18, 2022 1:43 AM

r214 Ken Wahl in those sweat pants was my reason to watch

by Anonymousreply 215May 18, 2022 1:46 AM

If Kim becomes a cartel lawyer then we know her fate is sealed anyway. Just look what happened to Helen Pierce on Ozark.

by Anonymousreply 216May 18, 2022 5:38 AM

Isn't Saul's Cinnabon supposed to be in Omaha? Kim grew up in Nebraska.

by Anonymousreply 217May 18, 2022 1:38 PM

Have we forgotten that the initial motivation to ruin Howard is to get Sandpiper settled? I think Saul’s mansion is a sign that he got his big payday.

But both Kim and Jimmy have a personal drive to ruin Howard that I don’t understand. Sure, he symbolizes the road not taken by both of them, but on a personal level, he’s always been supportive. This point is underscored by his last job offer to Jimmy. Howard is not a bad person. Why do they hate him?

Jimmy may have displaced his anger toward his brother onto Howard. But why does Kim want to destroy him?

by Anonymousreply 218May 18, 2022 4:31 PM

For me, Mike’s superhuman skills are a sore spot. He’s a retired beat cop, not a Navy Seal. The desert scene last season where he shoots all of the guys robbing Jimmy was particularly absurd.

by Anonymousreply 219May 18, 2022 4:34 PM

Mike was military before he was police, though. He hasn't given much detail of his history, but there have been hints he was a sniper, maybe special ops. Remember the scene in the motel room with the black-market arms dealer, when he's shopping long-range rifles to take out one of the Salamancas, and the guy is impressed with his knowledge? ("Wood warped like hell. You get it wet, ‭you put it in the sun...gone. Somebody probably ‭should've figured that out before they sent it into a damn jungle.")

by Anonymousreply 220May 18, 2022 4:44 PM

Howard made his wife a coffee with a peace sign and she took it to go. HA!

by Anonymousreply 221May 18, 2022 5:58 PM

And dribbled it on his counter

by Anonymousreply 222May 18, 2022 5:59 PM

Saul's mansion with the gold shitter has not sign of Kim. They only possible female article was a thong drapes over the bathtub faucet.

by Anonymousreply 223May 18, 2022 6:06 PM

^^ My apologies for the bad typing. I am not ESL but my autocorrect is taking horrible license.

by Anonymousreply 224May 18, 2022 8:32 PM

Hello

by Anonymousreply 225May 18, 2022 8:34 PM

I'm afraid I am falling out of love with this show. The slow pacing seems to have gotten MUCH worse this season. I agree that it's ludicrous for Lalo to travel all the way to Germany to track down the workers from Gus's meth lab. The boxing scene for me was the low point of the show. When they showed a bit of it in the recap before this week's show I thought perhaps it was going to have some plot relevance. But nope, it remains (so far at least) just a highly unlikely scenario for Jimmy to have agreed to fight Howard in a boxing ring.

With only--what?--six or seven episodes left, I hope Vince & Co. decided to kick this show into higher gear.

by Anonymousreply 226May 18, 2022 9:22 PM

What the fuck, I couldn’t believe it when the episode ended. I’m like “That’s IT?” I figured I had another 10, 15 minutes to go. Felt like it was only 30 minutes long.

I feel sorry for you poor souls who sit and watch these episodes with commercials on AMC. 😂

by Anonymousreply 227May 19, 2022 12:14 AM

It sort of feels like that this first part of the season was conceived and largely executed before they even knew that this would be the final season. I suspect that the second part will feel very rushed in order to get to the Cinnabon epilogue within 6-7 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 228May 19, 2022 4:06 AM

It's reminding me a little of The Sopranos' final season...which also had more episodes than any previous season and was spread over two parts. There were big events, including deaths of major characters, but a lot of the episodes were slow and moody.

by Anonymousreply 229May 19, 2022 4:12 AM

I don't think it's that weird that Lalo is in Germany. Isn't that where Lydia's company Madrigal is from? Lalo's figuring things out.

by Anonymousreply 230May 19, 2022 4:49 AM

Mike seems like a 90 year old man. Agree that aspect of the story makes no sense. He is unbelievable as a tough guy.

I am hoping they give Kim a good finale. Everything portends doom for her. Ozark was so bad with its ending, so I am hoping for a better ending here.

by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2022 4:57 AM

[quote] I suspect that the second part will feel very rushed in order to get to the Cinnabon epilogue within 6-7 episodes.

The Cinnabon action happens AFTER Breaking Bad. No rush to get there. They are heading to the beginning of BB on the main timeline.

by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2022 5:29 AM

For me, the ridiculousness with Mike was this scene:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2022 5:41 AM

The pace and energy of this season seems different. Most episodes have felt lacking in content and progression of the story. Is it in the editing, writing, direction? Still engaged enough to want to stick with it but not interested enough to repeat watch to fill in the gaps of understanding and get answers to questions left, unlike previous seasons. There’s a layer of something missing. No depth or nuance. So annoying and frankly disappointing. Moan, moan.

by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2022 5:58 AM

The only compelling action was Nacho’s flight. The transformation into BB’s Saul Goodman is interpreting but hardly compelling. Everything else is churn—plotting the Howard con, watching for Lalo.

by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2022 6:06 AM

The thing I’m missing most is the humor, I find Saul so funny & the show used to be laugh out loud for me—laughs are very few & far between of late.

by Anonymousreply 236May 19, 2022 6:06 AM

^interesting, not interpreting, dammit

by Anonymousreply 237May 19, 2022 6:07 AM

You know, I really treat these episodes like special events. I buy the season pass on iTunes so I can watch them commercial free the next day. I come home, shower, make something good to nosh for dinner with a drink. Then I get another dud in my lap. It felt like a 30 minute episode, and two of them were spent watching Werner’s colleague chop wood in the forest.

The writers and producers don’t seem to have the same reverence for this limited time that I do.

by Anonymousreply 238May 19, 2022 3:10 PM

I'm wondering how much Odenkirk's heart attack affected the filming and plot

by Anonymousreply 239May 19, 2022 3:16 PM

The poor quality of the last episodes suggest that it really is time to bring the series to "Breaking Bad." They are wasting Lalo, which is a shame, since he was so wildly charismatic last seasonm and super-Mike's schtick wears thin.

by Anonymousreply 240May 19, 2022 3:25 PM

Splitting the final season of a popular TV show in two has become an excuse for indulgence. A cup of plot gets stretched into a half gallon of airtime (and, more importantly, double the ad sales). David Chase had an artistic reason to do it with The Sopranos, I suppose, but for most shows, it just smacks of bloat and/or a cash grab.

by Anonymousreply 241May 19, 2022 4:37 PM

"Ozark" stretched its final season over two parts and the quality and the pacing was sustained.

by Anonymousreply 242May 19, 2022 11:53 PM

The veterinarian's coded notebook was seen in the season six opening where they are clearing out Saul's house. Somebody decoded the figures (symbols substituted for letter) and Nacho's fate is foretold as his entry in the book is seen crossed out.

I didn't read the spoilers ( if any ) beyond that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 20, 2022 12:13 AM

I didn't think The Sopranos went out at its best. A lot of season 6's first half, in particular, was lackluster, and I didn't think there was really enough story to justify 21 episodes. But HBO happy was happy to get another year out of it. That was their flagship.

by Anonymousreply 244May 20, 2022 8:54 AM

You’re right R244 though it makes those slower episodes easier to digest when you’re binging the series now. I can see and appreciate what the writers were going for in depicting the downward spiral of Tony Soprano in those final seasons. The anticipation of waiting a week between episodes is what often led to disappointment.

I’m thinking BCS might suffer from the same dilemma. Maybe we wouldn’t care as much if AMC released everything at once and we’re watching two or three episodes a night without commercials.

by Anonymousreply 245May 21, 2022 1:24 PM

Gene is in Nebraska? Did Kim say she was from Nebraska in the flashback?

by Anonymousreply 246May 21, 2022 2:15 PM

Was Kim playing her own mother in the flashback? That woman looked just like her.

by Anonymousreply 247May 21, 2022 2:41 PM

Kim’s mother was played by another actress, but they did a good job of making her up to look like Kim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 21, 2022 3:56 PM

R246 you just gave the whole ending away.

by Anonymousreply 249May 21, 2022 4:17 PM

All good dramas end in Nebraska. Sartre said as much.

by Anonymousreply 250May 21, 2022 4:20 PM

The question is will “Gene” visit Kim, or a gravestone with her name on it.

by Anonymousreply 251May 21, 2022 4:23 PM

Gene is in Nebraska, Kim is from Nebraska. I really do believe Kim ends up getting disbarred and going to jail, because as the flashbacks show, she’s programmed to take the fall for her loved ones scams. Saul/Gene reunites with Kim in Nebraska (where she moves upon release from prison).

by Anonymousreply 252May 21, 2022 4:33 PM

I enjoy the pacing of the show. The styling and filming is classic Vince Gilligan. Not every episode needs to 100 miles an hour. Nacho's death and the fire at Lalo's house were plenty. I think the show has been terrific.

by Anonymousreply 253May 21, 2022 4:45 PM

It’s disappointing so-called fans want to finish the dessert in a few bites rather than savor it. I’m enjoying the fact the final season is dedicating itself to revealing a single scheme (while showing Lalo’s fate).

by Anonymousreply 254May 21, 2022 4:49 PM

I like the scheme stuff (despite tiny lapses like the boxing scene). The transition from Slipping Jimmy to Saul Goodman is gripping. It's the Lalo stuff that strains credulity. And frankly, I just don't find him very interesting. These cartels guys were only ever compelling in how they intersected with Walt on BB or Saul here. When they're off on their own little adventures, I find them dull.

by Anonymousreply 255May 21, 2022 4:57 PM

I used to find Gus interesting now I am over him.

by Anonymousreply 256May 21, 2022 9:49 PM

We found Gus interesting because we assumed and imagined that there was more to him. Did he have a family the whole time? Was he gay, with Max as the lover he’s determined to avenge? But Vince Gilligan pulled back the curtain and decided there would be nothing behind it. I would’ve gone in a different direction, and I’m sure Giancarlo Esposito wanted the same.

by Anonymousreply 257May 22, 2022 6:24 PM

Like Darth Vader was interesting until we found out he was just some whiny kid who hated getting sand in his butt crack.

by Anonymousreply 258May 22, 2022 6:42 PM

I’ve starting to hate this fucking show. There seems little to nothing redeemable about Saul/Jimmy. The slow, SLLOOWWW pace of the story itself, the endless amount of time spent on the obscure opening scenes combined with shots by the director/cinematographers of something close-up, like a closet rack which seem to linger for several minutes all in what seems like a lazy effort to burn time to give the writers a chance to actually do their work. The 28 minutes-plus of commercial time per episode when, combined with all the aforementioned irritants prices just what a sluggish and tedious story this has become. WHAT the hell happened?!?

by Anonymousreply 259May 22, 2022 7:19 PM

😂 AMC is the worst when it comes to commercials. They go hard. That last episode, being so short, must’ve felt like you spent more time watching commercials rather than the actual show. I’d be tearing my hair out. The rhythm is constantly interrupted. The pacing grinds down even slower.

For all the angst about the Sopranos’ last two seasons, at least you weren’t bombarded by commercials as you watched it.

by Anonymousreply 260May 22, 2022 7:29 PM

Re: Gus, I look forward to what happened in Chile, but after all the build-up I can't imagine. Cannibalism with a deep-fryer?

by Anonymousreply 261May 22, 2022 7:58 PM

What makes you think they’re going to show anything about Gus and Chile, R261? There’s seven episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 262May 22, 2022 8:19 PM

Hello R262,

There have been so many references to this mysterious event, I think it would be a cop-out not to explain.

by Anonymousreply 263May 23, 2022 7:34 AM

" Talking Saul" tomorrow night should explain all

by Anonymousreply 264May 23, 2022 7:38 AM

r259 like them showing the coffee in the vending machine at the court house.

If you have to explain your show r264 then you aren't doing it right.

by Anonymousreply 265May 23, 2022 7:41 AM

Interesting article in this month's Atlantic remarking on the very slow pace of Better Call Saul... praising it as a groundbreaking alternative to the flashy fireworks of TV, which in the last decade has replaced/joined "cinema" as a great art form. Brushing teeth, making coffee, driving listening to music, looking out a window.... Better Call Saul, even given the blood and gore and suspense of drug cartels and scam artists and pranks... takes its time. Always has, not just this last season.

R257 I definitely see that they tracked Gus in a different direction from Breaking Bad. His "mysterious" unlikely demeanor is revealed as just mean, petty, and boring. I liked Gus in BB, and just want his scenes over in BCS.

by Anonymousreply 266May 23, 2022 4:14 PM

What other reason could there be for an otherwise ethical person like Kim to participate in Jimmy's stunts than it's an omen for what happens to her, as was showing her childhood?

by Anonymousreply 267May 23, 2022 4:28 PM

I will miss this show when it ends.

by Anonymousreply 268May 23, 2022 5:19 PM

We’ll all miss it. There is nothing else like it on television, which is why we keep watching despite our complaints.

by Anonymousreply 269May 24, 2022 12:01 AM

How did Lalo know that Fring was onto him?

by Anonymousreply 270May 24, 2022 2:33 AM

Poor Howard.

by Anonymousreply 271May 24, 2022 2:36 AM

I really never figured Howard was the kind of guy to lose his head

by Anonymousreply 272May 24, 2022 2:53 AM

Incredible episode. Patrick Fabian was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 273May 24, 2022 3:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 24, 2022 3:33 AM

R270, he heard the bug on the phone when he called to speak to his uncle. You could hear the static.

by Anonymousreply 275May 24, 2022 3:52 AM

Poor Howard did not deserve that. I never understood the level of hate Jimmy had for him.

by Anonymousreply 276May 24, 2022 3:55 AM

I think Jimmy has a lot of unresolved anger relating to his brother and is taking it out on Howard.

by Anonymousreply 277May 24, 2022 3:57 AM

You're right, R277

by Anonymousreply 278May 24, 2022 3:59 AM

r270 he heard the tapping on the phone line when he called his uncle. *DING DING DING DING*

by Anonymousreply 279May 24, 2022 4:08 AM

Thanks, R275. So when he calls back and tells Hector that he’s going back to plan A, he is lying to throw off Fring’s men. Two recaps I’ve read say that he just got paranoid on the first call and hung up and then go on to speculate about what he’ll be doing for plan A.

by Anonymousreply 280May 24, 2022 4:53 AM

Don Eladio would be a good name for an expensive tequila. Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston have a Mezcal called Dos Hombres. They should expand.

by Anonymousreply 281May 24, 2022 5:32 AM

If anything it should be called Zafiro Anejo.

by Anonymousreply 282May 24, 2022 5:52 AM

The teaser for the final 6-episode mini-season of Better Call Saul shows 5 Saul Goodman suits, followed by a Gene Takavic Cinnabon uniform.

My theory is that this means there will be 5 more Saul/Jimmy episodes followed by a final episode that focuses on Gene.

by Anonymousreply 283May 24, 2022 8:03 AM

I didn't count the wardrobe but that sounds reasonable

by Anonymousreply 284May 24, 2022 8:06 AM

I really thought this episode would mostly focus on"the big reveal". Instead they spent another 15min on getting the camera crew together and reshooting. I had to fast forward through most of this stuff. It was fun watching these guys in season 1 and 2, but now I'm just sick of the constant mini-drama and "comedy". I really couldn't believe they would spent that much time before the break on this boring shit. This show is so fucking slow, I'm really over it.

Also weird the new associate at Howard's law firm hasn't heard any stories about the crazy ex-partner and his antics and did not research who the M in HHM was. Howard is so anal, I though he would fire him on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 285May 24, 2022 9:23 AM

R285, maybe the associate knew what the M stood for, but not what he looked like.

by Anonymousreply 286May 24, 2022 1:42 PM

[quote]Also weird the new associate at Howard's law firm hasn't heard any stories about the crazy ex-partner and his antics and did not research who the M in HHM was.

Why would anyone want to talk about Chuck, given what happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 287May 24, 2022 1:45 PM

TomSchnauz: Just to warn everyone: we wrote S6 of #BetterCallSaul to be aired as 13 continuous episodes, but various delays split the season in half. So 607 was not written or filmed as a traditional "cliffhanger."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 24, 2022 1:55 PM

I assume the character was a paralegal. An associate might load up the fridge in a pinch if he was to attend the meeting, but probably would not otherwise. In a firm that size, Howard would certainly know the names of his associates, but might be hazy on a paralegal. In any case, he was foolish to ask who Chuck was, given his obvious importance. Just fake it and ask someone else later.

by Anonymousreply 289May 24, 2022 3:08 PM

He’s NEW. NEW people don’t get that kind of information right away.

by Anonymousreply 290May 24, 2022 3:26 PM

Cary was kind of cute. Too bad we probably won't see him again.

by Anonymousreply 291May 24, 2022 3:45 PM

All through the show Jimmy lived in and moved between two worlds that were kept pretty separate from each other. Now those worlds have collided, rather brutally.

by Anonymousreply 292May 24, 2022 3:47 PM

I didn't watch Talking Saul. Is it worth it or is it lame like the Talking Dead?

by Anonymousreply 293May 24, 2022 10:12 PM

Great episode. As r292 says, a very elegant construction, bringing it all together. Almost makes the Lalo stuff worth it.

by Anonymousreply 294May 24, 2022 10:13 PM

The hijinks in the first 15 minutes were a callback to earlier episodes. Who knew the mid-season finale would end so brutally.

I think the point of Howard’s death was to show that while Jimmy and Kim’s behavior might be written off as relatively harmless, their actions have now resulted in a brutal murder. Remember: Saul isn’t some tormented or traumatized soul in Breaking Bad. He apparently gets over Howard’s murder fairly quickly.

by Anonymousreply 295May 24, 2022 10:19 PM

R282 you can buy a reproduction of the Zafiro Anejo bottle stopper for $1800.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 24, 2022 10:20 PM

R293, if you hated Talking Dead you probably won't like it. I'm a fan of the show and they had Patrick Fabian, Rhea Seehorn, Bob Odenkirk, and Peter Gould on. It was interesting. I like chat shows.

by Anonymousreply 297May 24, 2022 10:25 PM

They said we would NEVER guess what happens in the end.

by Anonymousreply 298May 24, 2022 10:55 PM

It was interesting to see the actors behind the characters and they talk about how they prepared and how they understand the characters. Worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 299May 24, 2022 10:57 PM

Oh, and Bob, Rhea and Patrick lived together during production.

by Anonymousreply 300May 24, 2022 11:01 PM

[quote]Saul isn’t some tormented or traumatized soul in Breaking Bad. He apparently gets over Howard’s murder fairly quickly.

A sociopath lawyer - shocker

by Anonymousreply 301May 25, 2022 12:29 AM

What a twist. I thought Gus’ people had the drop on Lalo and he’d be getting killed by the end of the episode. Lalo popping up in that apartment is one of the most shocking things I’ve ever seen on television.

by Anonymousreply 302May 25, 2022 1:19 AM

The range of emotions one gets while watching that episode is extraordinary. You went from laughing your ass off to feeling contempt and sympathetic, then shock, dread and horror. It’s like what Ozark wanted to be, but couldn’t. That’s why I said there’s nothing else like it on television.

I look forward to binging this series once a year for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 303May 25, 2022 2:15 AM

My hearing isn't great so I tend to watch everything with the captions on these days. When Lalo called the nursing home, the captions literally said something like "suspicious clicking". I honestly don't think I would have known what was going on if I didn't have the captions on.

by Anonymousreply 304May 25, 2022 9:37 AM

It was kind of underwhelming that Lalo just shot Howard. Howard just figured out that J&K completely played him and now he's dead. We've waited 6 seasons and it would have been fun to watch him come to grips with that. He obviously thought Jimmy was some inferior low-life thug and it would have been fun to watch the aftermath of their success and Howard's desperation and humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 305May 25, 2022 10:04 AM

There would be no desperation and humiliation for Howard, R305. He’d be fine. Just another thing to push through. He wasn’t Chuck; this wasn’t going to break him. Mere whispers among colleagues and subordinates behind his back. He would’ve gone to HHM the next morning blasting Beethoven in his Jaguar and soldiered on just fine. Jimmy and Kim knew this, which is why they were so flippant about the aftermath of their latest escapades. Everything was gravy.. until their two worlds violently collided right before their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 306May 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Howard’s violent death will be the trigger that gets Kim to leave Jimmy?

by Anonymousreply 307May 25, 2022 11:54 AM

I'm trying to figure out why Lalo showed up at Jimmy and Kim's place. Did he only now realize that they lied to him about what happened to Jimmy out in the desert? In their earlier encounter, I thought that Kim gave Lalo a very convincing explanation.

by Anonymousreply 308May 25, 2022 1:52 PM

He didn’t come to kill them with six episodes left. If he did, it’s very unlikely he’d be talked out of it again. So why kill Howard?

by Anonymousreply 309May 25, 2022 2:49 PM

Killing Howard showed that he meant business. From his perspective Howard was expendable. Keep Jimmy & Kim from getting any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 310May 25, 2022 3:02 PM

Talking Saul is fine if you can stomach Chris Hemsworth. I can't.

by Anonymousreply 311May 25, 2022 3:04 PM

I don’t like seeing the actors out of character.

by Anonymousreply 312May 25, 2022 3:59 PM

In the final season of BREAKING BAD, Saul makes a reference to his "second wife"- it plays as a joke, but surely Vince Gilligan remembers this line....and if so, how will it fit into BETTER CALL SAUL? Throughout BREAKING BAD, there is no implication whatsoever that Saul is/was ever married, except for this one line -

by Anonymousreply 313May 25, 2022 4:28 PM

R313, in Better Call Saul there are a couple of references to Jimmy/Saul's previous marriages. In episode 10 of season 1, Jimmy describes how he got revenge (via the notorious "Chicago sunroof" incident) on a guy who slept with Jimmy's (now-ex) wife.

And in season 5, episode 7, when Jimmy and Kim get married, the clerk at the courthouse asks Jimmy if he has documentation of his two previous "dissolutions." So the implication is that he's been married twice before and Kim is his third wife.

by Anonymousreply 314May 25, 2022 4:54 PM

Thanks, R314!

by Anonymousreply 315May 25, 2022 5:16 PM

I don’t get why Lalo showed up at Saul’s first either. Didnt he have more pressing business?

by Anonymousreply 316May 25, 2022 5:22 PM

Kinda incredible that a smarmy guy like Jimmy got three women to marry him. Some people have no standards.

by Anonymousreply 317May 25, 2022 5:30 PM

Mike's guys were on the alert and looking for him at the locations where they thought he might strike. Lalo knew this, so he went to Jimmy & Kim's apartment after Mike pulled the guys who were covering them.

by Anonymousreply 318May 25, 2022 5:30 PM

He knows that Saul knows Mike. The last word he said in the sewer, looking out at the car-wash, was "Michael." Perhaps getting Mike is part of Lalo's plan.

by Anonymousreply 319May 25, 2022 5:31 PM

[quote]I don’t get why Lalo showed up at Saul’s first either. Didnt he have more pressing business?

Possibly to give Jimmy/Saul the tape he made, to deliver to Eladio via the Cousins in the event that he didn't come out of the laundry alive.

by Anonymousreply 320May 25, 2022 6:14 PM

Howard Hamlin - "I'm GAY"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 25, 2022 6:20 PM

No wonder a Mexican bandito killed him

by Anonymousreply 322May 25, 2022 6:28 PM

R311, I think you mean Chris Hardwick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323May 25, 2022 6:52 PM

[quote]Perhaps getting Mike is part of Lalo's plan.

He would need to get Mike out of the way before going for Gus.

by Anonymousreply 324May 25, 2022 6:54 PM

R320, that's good. I do think it's so Saul can be a "mule" for his info. He has no other way of connecting with his people.

by Anonymousreply 325May 25, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote]Kinda incredible that a smarmy guy like Jimmy got three women to marry him.

I forget the episode, but there was one that opened with Chuck and Rebecca inviting Jimmy over for dinner. Jimmy amused her and charmed her socks off. If he’d wanted to pursue it, it could have led to an affair.

by Anonymousreply 326May 25, 2022 7:45 PM

[QUOTE] Kinda incredible that a smarmy guy like Jimmy got three women to marry him.

😂 Like straight women are hard to get. I could grab a het woman at a bar tonight and have her ready to marry me by next week—and I’m gay.

by Anonymousreply 327May 25, 2022 7:47 PM

I do, r323. Thanks for the correction.

by Anonymousreply 328May 25, 2022 8:06 PM

Two exceptional episodes with the deaths of Nacho and Howard, but the season so far has been pretty disappointing. The whole thing's been about Kim and Jimmy's machinations to ruin Howard. Elsewhere everyone was freaking out about Lalo. Yawn.

I was shocked Howard was murdered. Didn't understand the hate they had for him. So she wanted to destroy him so she could finance a pro bono practice via the Sandpiper payout? The bowling ball thing was fucking stupid too. I think Kim and Jimmy are a couple of cunts. We know he survives, but I now hope something bad happens to her.

And props to Michael Mando and Patrick Fabian. They've been the best thing about this season. Hope Nacho gets an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 329May 26, 2022 7:35 PM

The excessive commercials really detract from the flow of an episode and the emotional response to it.

by Anonymousreply 330May 26, 2022 9:20 PM

AMC should be prosecuted for sexual assault the way they force those commercials in.

by Anonymousreply 331May 26, 2022 9:26 PM

That's why I watch all AMC stuff on Soap2day.

by Anonymousreply 332May 26, 2022 10:01 PM

I dvr it and avoid the internet until I watch it.

by Anonymousreply 333May 26, 2022 10:02 PM

I DVR everything I watch and skip the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 334May 26, 2022 10:30 PM

I would DVR it too, but I’m currently a caregiver for my mom and do my TV watching in my room on my laptop once she’s in bed. So many commercials when watching online and they’re often the same ones over and over. And if I accidentally start watching in Edge, it’ll work fine for the first two segments and then there’s no video starting in the third. I can’t get the pop-up blocker disabled to fix this, so I have to go to another browser and fast forward to each block of commercials and then sit through them again. Not a great viewing experience, but I don’t want to wait to watch these last episodes.

by Anonymousreply 335May 27, 2022 2:46 AM

I don't know if Ublock will help you R335 but it's kept me from seeing many ads. Worth a shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336May 27, 2022 2:52 AM

R335, I'm a caregiver, too. That's why I have to DVR.

by Anonymousreply 337May 27, 2022 2:52 AM

How are they going to cover Howard’s death? Make it seem like a suicide?

Lalo is doomed because Gus and Mike show up in Breaking Bad.

Kim’s fate is the only wild card.

by Anonymousreply 338May 27, 2022 2:58 AM

Maybe Kim kills herself from the guilt

by Anonymousreply 339May 27, 2022 3:04 AM

ooh r321 Patrick and Lucky are both cuties

by Anonymousreply 340May 27, 2022 3:30 AM

Thank you, R336! I will try that.

R337, my mom takes a really long time brushing her teeth and I sometimes can get nearly a whole episode of BCS in, but I usually use that time to watch the DVR’ed Jeopardy! and wash the dishes.

by Anonymousreply 341May 27, 2022 4:09 AM

What made BCS even better than Breaking Bad was the attention to character-driven stories in the early seasons. The arty cinematography added a slick, ironic patina. Then, the inevitable march toward the cartel and they did nothing creative beyond Breaking Bad's two-dimensional, cartoonish thugs. The Howard Hate was unjustified and the way he met his end was lazy storytelling and cheap shock value. *yawn* Just end it already.

by Anonymousreply 342May 27, 2022 7:26 AM

I really think I'll enjoy this show as a very long movie without ads. Everyone who complained about the heavy ads is completely correct. I know that's what pays for the show but it's so much better when you binge it.

I'll miss this show when it's gone, no matter how much I complain about the little irritations along the way.

by Anonymousreply 343May 27, 2022 7:32 AM

[quote] Then, the inevitable march toward the cartel and they did nothing creative beyond Breaking Bad's two-dimensional, cartoonish thugs.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 344May 27, 2022 10:38 AM

R344 True, although it can be argued that Mando elevated the part beyond the page.

by Anonymousreply 345May 27, 2022 3:21 PM

Am I the only one who wondered whether Howard's shaken-soda-can trick actually works?

Has anyone tried it?

by Anonymousreply 346May 27, 2022 7:54 PM

It was Chuck’s trick. I bet it works. This ain’t no sloppy show.

by Anonymousreply 347May 27, 2022 7:54 PM

I honestly didn't care what happened to Nacho at all. But I'll agree that Mando was a really compelling presence. I hope he has a great career ahead of him; he deserves it. Here's hoping he lands on season three of The Mandalorian (just for the perfection of the Variety announcement)!

by Anonymousreply 348May 27, 2022 7:57 PM

Apparently it works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 27, 2022 8:09 PM

More evidence for R346.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 27, 2022 8:35 PM

Lalo and Gus are better in small doses.

by Anonymousreply 351May 28, 2022 2:19 AM

But no one can have too much Tio Hector.

by Anonymousreply 352May 28, 2022 4:42 AM

I love when Hector goes nuts on his bell!

by Anonymousreply 353May 28, 2022 6:00 AM

Somebody needs to sneak up on Kim and cut that ponytail off

by Anonymousreply 354May 28, 2022 7:16 AM

And his face scrunches up, R353.

by Anonymousreply 355May 28, 2022 7:19 AM

r353 and r355 also the way he makes snuffling noises, reminds me of my old bull dog.

by Anonymousreply 356May 28, 2022 7:22 AM

What's hilarious is seeing that actor who plays Hector in real life. He's so much younger than you'd think, and he's been doing this Hector act for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 357May 28, 2022 10:00 AM

"What made BCS even better than Breaking Bad"

This argument I don’t understand, how is it considered better? There is almost no tension at all. The only mystery is: Will Kim die or survive? That’s it. We know Lalo will fail, we know that Gus, Mike, Saul will survive and continue their shenanigans for a while. At least on Breaking Bad no one was safe, there was real tension around these characters.

This show is well-made, no doubt. But I am really mystified by the over-the-top praise it is receiving from critics.

by Anonymousreply 358May 28, 2022 10:44 AM

If you think of it as a character study and not a suspense thriller, you may be able to admire it more.

by Anonymousreply 359May 28, 2022 11:47 AM

However it's Mike and Gus who are the characters most interesting to study. Perhaps the next show in the Breaking Bad universe can be Gus before and when he got out of Dodge as Pinochet was falling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360May 28, 2022 11:54 AM

Or maybe Skylar when she was less of a shrew.

by Anonymousreply 361May 28, 2022 11:59 AM

If I'd been asked the question of BCS vs BB in seasons one or two, I'd have said it wasn't close: BCS was nice enough to have as a bonus round, but BB was a great series and the better show.

Starting with season three of BCS, it's been a tougher call. I do think the overall ensemble of BCS is stronger. The points against it are mostly the ones built into its being a prequel. You know for sure that some of the characters are not only still alive 4-6 years after the period they're in now, but no one is missing a hand or anything.

by Anonymousreply 362May 28, 2022 12:51 PM

Imagine if the BCS creators had applied their character-driven formula to the cartel by rounding out and humanizing them with flashbacks of Lalo's youth or Gus's or even Hector's. It would have been groundbreaking. We'd have come away from the series with a deeper appreciation of the systemic forces that lead us to Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 363May 29, 2022 12:58 AM

r357 he is 82 so I wouldn't say he is much younger, but I know what you mean

by Anonymousreply 364May 29, 2022 2:24 AM

[quote]Imagine if the BCS creators had applied their character-driven formula to the cartel by rounding out and humanizing them with flashbacks of Lalo's youth or Gus's or even Hector's. It would have been groundbreaking. We'd have come away from the series with a deeper appreciation of the systemic forces that lead us to Breaking Bad.

In Breaking Bad, we did get that flashback with the Cousins as little boys, showing how Uncle Hector was indoctrinating them in brutal ways from early on.

by Anonymousreply 365May 29, 2022 3:14 AM

R363, we know that Gus is likely gay, saw his lover murdered by the Salamanca cartel, and has a personal grudge because of it.

I don't know why people criticize this show over a lack of background when the whole series of Better Call Saul *IS* background.

It does help to binge it instead of watching the episodes, which are so heavily packed with commercials it breaks the flow of the story.

by Anonymousreply 366May 29, 2022 3:20 AM

On Breaking Bad I think it was Jesse who Gus had over and served him some kind of soup and made it sound like he had a wife and kids. But does he? Looked like he lived alone when they showed the house with the underground passage to the house across the street. I saw some toys laying around but figured that was to keep a family man image.

by Anonymousreply 367May 29, 2022 6:45 AM

^ I assumed the toys were for grandkids, real or imagined.

by Anonymousreply 368May 30, 2022 2:58 AM

R367 That was the only time Gus' "kids" were mentioned and I think he said it to Walt. After Gus died, I thought his kids would get a mention or show up, but they didn't. I wonder if that was an error on the show or it was a keeping up appearances thing.

I want some Max flashbacks!

by Anonymousreply 369May 30, 2022 5:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370July 3, 2022 5:44 PM

Now I want a Cinnabon.

by Anonymousreply 371July 3, 2022 8:53 PM

Like everything else, R371, I’m imagining they don’t taste the same either because they’re changed the ingredients several times over to cut costs or my teenage mall hopping nostalgia has tricked me into thinking that it’s better than it actually was.

by Anonymousreply 372July 4, 2022 8:02 PM

PART TWO - the second half of the final season premieres tonight!

by Anonymousreply 373July 12, 2022 1:17 AM

*SPOILER* SPOILER SPOILER

I knew when Gus was counting his steps down in the meth cooking area in a past episode that it would pay off in the future.

by Anonymousreply 374July 12, 2022 7:19 AM

Still hard to guess what happens to Kim.

by Anonymousreply 375July 12, 2022 12:07 PM

That’s the big question still left.

by Anonymousreply 376July 12, 2022 1:42 PM

Spoiler

Awfully convenient there was a gun hidden...... in an empty bunker and Fring knew were it was. Who placed it there and why? This is just lazy writing in my opinion. Ridiculous.

I liked Lalo and he should have shot Fringe when he had the chance. Instead he made a ridiculous video and lost his life. The video would have worked well without Fring. Kill your enemies first and finish your vanity projects later.

I'm surprised Kim wasn't angry Jimmy sent her to shoot Fring. Did he try to protect her or is he just a coward who didn't want to do Lalo's dirty work? You never really know with Jimmy, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 377July 12, 2022 6:21 PM

Nice way to dispose of Howard without raising questions!

by Anonymousreply 378July 12, 2022 6:22 PM

[quote]Who placed it there and why?

Gus put it there. That's how he knew.

by Anonymousreply 379July 12, 2022 6:31 PM

I think there's plenty of time for Kim to get pissed off after the shock subsides. But I still thinks she stays loyal to him, until whatever happens happens.

by Anonymousreply 380July 12, 2022 6:32 PM

[quote] I'm surprised Kim wasn't angry Jimmy sent her to shoot Fring.

I took it that he wanted her to flee and save her life, not shoot Fring.

by Anonymousreply 381July 12, 2022 6:40 PM

Yep, obviously he wanted her to get out, and run. He thought he was sacrificing his own life for her. Oh, that Jimmy...

by Anonymousreply 382July 12, 2022 6:46 PM

[Quote]Gus put it there. That's how he knew.

Right. He anticipated that someone would one day drag him down there to kill him so he was smart enough to place a gun there. Does he have weapons all over town in case he may need it one day? Come on guys, this was just lazy writing.

[Quote]I took it that he wanted her to flee and save her life, not shoot Fring.

Kim is not really someone who would just bail and save her own life. He knew she would go to Fring's house and at least try to save Jimmy so I'm not really sure if he was really trying to save her or his own ass. Jimmy/Saul is a smarmy guy.

by Anonymousreply 383July 12, 2022 10:11 PM

[quote]Right. He anticipated that someone would one day drag him down there to kill him so he was smart enough to place a gun there.

Go back and WATCH. That's what happened. It was already made quite clear that Lalo made Gus paranoid and put him on edge. He was already going to great lengths to protect himself, look at his house setup. Stashing a gun in the hole just in case isn't out of line given everything else he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 384July 12, 2022 10:35 PM

Maybe Jimmy was afraid Lalo would rape Kim if he left her alone with him.

by Anonymousreply 385July 12, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote]Maybe Jimmy was afraid Lalo would rape Kim if he left her alone with him.

Right before he killed her.

by Anonymousreply 386July 12, 2022 10:46 PM

I love the show, but the major problem is that we all know that Gus, Mike and Jimmy all survive to Breaking Bad. No matter how skillfully it is shot and edited, there just isn’t the suspense that there should be. And I agree that Gus placing a gun where he would later conveniently be in just the exact spot to kill Lalo with it was lazy writing. And awfully dark during that crucial scene too. Both my husband and I couldn’t tell what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 387July 13, 2022 12:22 AM

The whole time Walt and Jessie are cooking in the lab Lalo is buried under there! Holy shit!

Who's the guy that looks like Gus - the one Kim pointed to? Is he one of the IT surveillance guys?

by Anonymousreply 388July 13, 2022 1:18 AM

Not just Lalo, also poor Howard. Howard was an arrogant pompous asshole, but he did not deserve this ending.

The guy who looked like Gus was obviously his body double. Gus lived in the adjoining house for safety reasons.

by Anonymousreply 389July 13, 2022 1:38 AM

[quote] there just isn’t the suspense

I like that it's a different kind of suspense. [bold]How[/bold] will Gus and Jimmy survive? It's not as bad as crime shows where you know the lead characters always survive.

by Anonymousreply 390July 13, 2022 3:32 AM

I don't think Kim is going to die. I don't have the slightest idea what's going to happen to her, but I don't think they'll kill her off - as stated above, we already know the fates of Mike and Gus. Not to mention poor Howard.

Over the weekend AMC ran a BREAKING BAD marathon, and in one of Saul's early appearances, he has a line that goes something like "as my second wife said when she left me," or words to that effect. Granted, this was long before BETTER CALL SAUL was ever conceived, but still...

And btw, BREAKING BAD is as awesome as ever ---

by Anonymousreply 391July 13, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote]I don't think Kim is going to die.

The biggest question marks were the ultimate fates of Nacho and Kim. Now that we know Nacho's fate, I'm thinking they wouldn't do it again with Kim.

by Anonymousreply 392July 13, 2022 4:20 AM

Is Kim Jimmy's second wife or his third wife?

I think Kim eventually realizes she doesn't want to live this life and takes off. The guy from Davis&Main will probably offer her a position at a foundation or gives her money for a foundation and she will move to DC to lobby politicans or help underprivileged clients.

by Anonymousreply 393July 13, 2022 4:47 AM

R377 suffers from severe Dunning Kruger syndrome, as well as lazy post writing. And probably a little dementia.

by Anonymousreply 394July 13, 2022 4:50 AM

Now that Lyle's gone what's left to wrap up? Eladio won't come after Jimmy and Kim. Maybe Tuco if he gets out of prison... I agree that Kim will say F-it and book.

by Anonymousreply 395July 13, 2022 4:56 AM

^^Lalo - fking autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 396July 13, 2022 4:57 AM

I caught a bit of the BB marathon and it happened to be when Walt meets Saul. Saul hits on his secretary. Hard to reconcile that with the character in BCS. Too bad they don’t edit the inconsistencies out.

by Anonymousreply 397July 13, 2022 5:08 AM

Disagree, R393. As I said earlier int the thread, I think Kim will break bad. I think that's why they show her upbringing. She was born to be a crook. It's in her DNA. Fucking with Howard got her all excited.

by Anonymousreply 398July 13, 2022 5:20 AM

Rhea Seehorn, in a new LA Times interview, asked if Kim's ending (which she can't and won't reveal, of course) is the one she wanted: "If I could, I would have my own show. I could not write what they wrote. I mean, it’s not like she moved to Mars and lives in a space station — it’s not ridiculous. But I did not see exactly what they were going to do. It’s more than I could have wanted. I’m still thinking about it."

by Anonymousreply 399July 13, 2022 5:25 AM

There was something oddly beautiful about the scene is Lalo and Howard being buried next to each other. I’m trying to figure out the symbolism since it almost appeared like they were in utero.

by Anonymousreply 400July 13, 2022 8:11 AM

Did we ever see the present-day Jimmy in his Omaha apartment? Could Kim have joined him in his witness protection life and they spend their lives in misery together?

by Anonymousreply 401July 13, 2022 12:38 PM

Has the second pet of the final season begun?!! Please tell me I haven’t missed it. If not can some tell me when it returns, if that’s known?

by Anonymousreply 402July 13, 2022 12:44 PM

Yes! First ep was Monday.

by Anonymousreply 403July 13, 2022 12:55 PM

[quote]Did we ever see the present-day Jimmy in his Omaha apartment? Could Kim have joined him in his witness protection life and they spend their lives in misery together?

Yeah. The first cold open of the series had Jimmy/Saul/Gene going home from Cinnabon and getting all misty-eyed over his old commercials on VHS. And I think we saw his home one more time after that in the black-and-white world. The one where he collapsed and had to be hospitalized, and he had a scare when they were running his SSN at the hospital...I think he goes home then too.

He definitely lives alone in the Omaha scenes we've had.

by Anonymousreply 404July 13, 2022 1:07 PM

The first time we ever see Kim and Saul together, Kim is in the carpark smoking a cigarette, then Saul comes and takes it from her and takes a drag off of it. I would love to see an ending where Kim and Saul sharing a smoke outside the mall in Omaha, where he still runs the Cinnabon and she's the manager of the Claire's next door.

by Anonymousreply 405July 14, 2022 1:41 AM

Where was she in the BB era?

by Anonymousreply 406July 14, 2022 4:31 AM

r406 are you even paying attention? That's what has viewers curious because we never see Kim on BB

by Anonymousreply 407July 14, 2022 4:44 AM

I am assuming Kim leaves Jimmy or looks up a certain vacuum cleaner salesman. On BB Saul refers to his 2nd wife leaving him and flirts with Francesca so it doesn't look like Kim is in the picture but maybe they hook up eventually?

by Anonymousreply 408July 14, 2022 4:46 AM

Some people guess that something happens to Kim which pushes Jimmy to become the BB Saul.

by Anonymousreply 409July 14, 2022 4:47 AM

Maybe Gus wants Kim dead because she has seen too much but I can't imagine Mike will want that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 410July 14, 2022 4:48 AM

We don't know yet. That 's the last big question.

by Anonymousreply 411July 14, 2022 4:50 AM

Jimmy is already BB Saul. Just need to tie up the Kim angle.

by Anonymousreply 412July 14, 2022 4:58 AM

[quote]Is Kim Jimmy's second wife or his third wife?

Third. When Jimmy and Kim got married, the clerk asked him if he had proof of his two previous "dissolutions."

The second wife is the one he told Walter (in Breaking Bad) he had caught cheating with his stepfather. That story may have been bullshit, but the two pre-Kim wives were a real thing.

They've generally done a good job of making BCS match up with things we heard about on BB. I've been impressed. The only major continuity glitch is Mike's granddaughter, who would have been born around 1998-99, but shows the same interests and general level of maturity throughout both series (so, a period from 2002-10).

by Anonymousreply 413July 14, 2022 5:02 AM

Vince Gilligan is not a sloppy storyteller. Since we’ve now seen Jimmy/Saul put himself in danger to save Kim, we can safely assume he wouldn’t behave like BB Saul if something tragic had happened to her.

I suspect Jimmy/Saul originally assumed a new identity somewhere else, but then he decided to go to Nebraska in an effort to find Kim. However, once he found her he discovered she’s married, has kids, and is living the kind of life he doesn’t want to disrupt. Instead of leaving Nebraska, he assumed a new identity and is constantly fighting the ghosts of his past…

by Anonymousreply 414July 14, 2022 5:07 AM

That's the ending that makes the most sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 415July 14, 2022 5:25 AM

I think Cinnabon/Omaha was really where the Robert Forster character sent him. In one of the last BB episodes, he has that line to Walter about where he'll end up in the best-case scenario, and it's just what we got in the BCS Gene scenes.

Then, when the taxi driver recognizes him on BCS and shows up at the mall hassling him, making him do his line from the Saul commercials, he calls on the pay phone as if to arrange another extraction (although he changes his mind mid-call, and we haven't gone back to Gene World since then). That call fits better if he's still sticking with whatever the original program was.

Anyway, we'll see. And now I have the Ink Spots' "Address Unknown" in my head.

by Anonymousreply 416July 14, 2022 5:26 AM

I don't recall how Fring and Jimmy connect in BB, but thought it was important that Gus Fring noted that Jimmy convinced Lalo to send Kim. Gus took that as impressive.

by Anonymousreply 417July 14, 2022 5:27 AM

I think the only time Jimmy/Saul and Gus are in the same scene (in either series) is once in season 3 of BCS. Mike sends Jimmy to Los Pollos Hermanos to observe a courier and look for anything suspicious. The courier throws something in the garbage. Jimmy tries to fish it out, but Gus approaches him in his smiling may-I-help-you mode. Jimmy makes up a lie about losing his watch and gets out of there. Gus watches him leave, knowing he was sent there and probably by whom.

In all of Breaking Bad, they only dealt with each other through Mike.

by Anonymousreply 418July 14, 2022 5:57 AM

r417 Gus didn't find Saul impressive, what he did figure out is if Lalo was willing to switch out Jimmy for Kim then shooting him at his home wasn't the main objective. He figured out that Lalo was using that as a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 419July 14, 2022 6:18 AM

I wonder how much Robert Forster’s death impacted the final outcome of the show. Even though Gene called the vacuum salesman once and ended up not using his services, he’s now unable to call again.

by Anonymousreply 420July 14, 2022 6:48 AM

Great episode. My faith is renewed in this series, and I'm happy to move on now that Lalo is finally dead. I'm also glad the slow burn we endured with them setting up Howard has exploded in their faces. Not so clever now, are you?

Never been a big fan of Mike but liked him in this ep. I felt his handling of Howard was kind of respectful and his digs at them - "... that's what you've been setting him up for" and "keep telling the lie you've been telling" - seems to indicate Mike knew Howard didn't deserve that ending. Mike would also make an excellent life coach.

Kim and Jimmy are actually pretty awful people. I hope she diagf.

by Anonymousreply 421July 14, 2022 7:49 AM

He can call vacuum store again—we don’t need to see the character a third time.

by Anonymousreply 422July 14, 2022 8:28 AM

I'll miss Lalo. He was an excellent villain.

by Anonymousreply 423July 14, 2022 1:00 PM

A good contrast to the Chicken Man.

by Anonymousreply 424July 14, 2022 4:25 PM

One observation about the consistencies and alignments between BB and BCS - perhaps it is just my own personal reactions, but in BB I found Fring, really interesting - ruthless, but kind of elegant in his manners and personal connections - a multi-layered unusual character. By the end of BCS I find him as unpleasant, tiresome, mean.

??

by Anonymousreply 425July 14, 2022 4:47 PM

Gus Fring was a much more complex, mutifaceted character in BB. The entire Mexican narco mafia on this show have been a pretty one dimensional gallery of characters, ruthless and without any redeeming qualities. That's why I found their preponderance on BBS, starting with S4, kind of uninteresting. Though, that may change in this final stretch of the show.

by Anonymousreply 426July 14, 2022 4:53 PM

Lalo was quote fuckable, as was Nacho, of course. Even Howard had a bit of studliness.

Why do all the fuckables on this show die?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427July 14, 2022 5:39 PM

What I'm wondering is....who's he talking to on the phone in that b&w promo they've been showing where he says, "I've been made - but I'm going to handle it myself"??? I don't think vacuum cleaner guy would take his call. I don't think it's Kim, since it's unlikely he could risk ongoing contact with her while he's living as Cinnabon Gene in Omaha. Mike is already dead, which he may or may not know.

So who's left? Who would he be reaching out to for help at this point? Someone with money, who'd be able to help him go back undercover? Someone who might have a lot of money and be undercover himself? Someone like....Jesse Pinkman?? (who might not even be Jesse Pinkman any more?)

That doesn't solve the Kim question, though. I'm afraid we might get some kind of SOPRANOS type finale that nobody is satisfied with. BUT...who's he calling on that phone??

by Anonymousreply 428July 14, 2022 6:46 PM

Huell.

by Anonymousreply 429July 14, 2022 6:53 PM

Seems like they have gone to the vacuum store well too many times, hope they do something different with Kim.

by Anonymousreply 430July 14, 2022 11:58 PM

[QUOTE] What was the point of Gus in the bunker? We already know he will finish the lab, so they just want us to know he's a freak and tough guy with these "mysterious" appearances?

[QUOTE]I think that Gus and Lalo will somehow end up down there together, and Gus will be the one who kills Lalo.

💪 Called it back at R185. Props to R186 as well for the burial prediction.

by Anonymousreply 431July 15, 2022 1:19 AM

I thought Kim actually looked better than she usually does with her hair down loose, I hate her stupid ponytail.

by Anonymousreply 432July 15, 2022 2:21 AM

R428 Well, Jesse is in a small cabin in Haines, Alaska, right? (El Camino).

Confirming the location, I did a little google on Jesse. The Wikipedia entry has this:

[quote]He will reprise the role again in 2022 for the sixth and final season of the prequel series Better Call Saul, being one of the few characters to appear across both shows and the movie

Was Jesse in BCS this last season? Did I miss it?

by Anonymousreply 433July 15, 2022 2:39 AM

Jesse Pinkman is def coming up. But in BB he doesn't know Saul until after Mike shows up to clean after Jane dies. Walt sends Mike over there or maybe it Gus. I forget. But I think Jesse and Walt meet Saul thru Mike.

by Anonymousreply 434July 15, 2022 4:35 AM

Jesse meets Saul shortly after Walter does, when they drag him to a grave in the desert to get him to stop Badger from squealing to Hank. In fact, it is Jesse who hires Saul to be Badger’s lawyer and convinced Walt to hire him: “You don’t need a criminal lawyer. You need a CRIMINAL LAWYER.”

by Anonymousreply 435July 15, 2022 5:00 AM

I believe it was announced that both Jesse and Walt will appear in BCS.

by Anonymousreply 436July 15, 2022 5:01 AM

Kim would not have needed Vacuum Store Guy. At least as far as we know, no one is looking for her.

by Anonymousreply 437July 15, 2022 5:04 AM

I think people are setting their expectations way too high regarding the appearances of Walt and Jesse. It’s already been established BCS doesn’t end where BB picks up.

by Anonymousreply 438July 15, 2022 6:44 PM

They’ll just make a cameo, probably together, which would mean there is some overlap in time between the two series, but not interacting meaningfully with any of the BCS characters who they meet in the BB script. They could interact with Kim for some odd reason.

by Anonymousreply 439July 15, 2022 6:59 PM

I am more curious about what Carol Burnett is going to do in the show.

by Anonymousreply 440July 16, 2022 1:40 AM

R440 Would make a good mother for Kim.

by Anonymousreply 441July 16, 2022 2:04 AM

Or maybe Jimmy's or Howard's mother. Another possibility would be one of the residents of the retirement home that Jimmy is representing in a lawsuit, if that subplot gets revived in the last few episodes.

At any rate, I love Carol, love this show, and am looking forward to seeing her!

by Anonymousreply 442July 16, 2022 2:20 AM

I don't see how Walter White can make an appearance, unless it's in some type of flashback. He and Saul lived together in vacuum cleaner guy's basement - Saul left first, with Walter a few days later, since he was a "special case." Walt doesn't stay at that outpost in New Hampshire that long - he steals the car, returns to Albuquerque, drops in on Gretchen and Elliot, leaves the $10 million with them, goes to see Skyler, gives her the lottery ticket with the coordinates for Lopez and Hank's bodies in the desert, and finally heads to the hillbilly compound where Jesse is being held. Walt dies in the lab on those premises and Jesse drives away.

Walt had $80 million buried in the desert - the hillbillies take all the barrels, but give him one. As Walter is holding the gun on Jack, he says, "Don't you want to know where I buried the money?" but Walter just shoots and kills him. I am wondering if Jesse somehow knew where that money was buried and goes back to get it - maybe with the help of Badger and Skinny Pete, who helped in the Gretchen and Elliot visit. After everything Jesse endured in BB, it would be justice to see him get the money and use it for good causes, like a massive trust for Brock. And maybe a huge legal defense fund for Kim....? But Saul/Jimmy.....I just don't know -

by Anonymousreply 443July 16, 2022 2:57 AM

Bear in mind that Jesse went to Alaska with a new identity in "El Camino". I doubt that he's going back to Albuquerque for anything.

by Anonymousreply 444July 16, 2022 3:21 AM

R441, we've already seen Kim's mother. Carol Burnett is too old to be Kim's mother. Grandmother, maybe. I bet she's a Sandpiper resident who gets involved in the class action suit. Maybe replaces the class representative or something.

Who knows? I'm excited to see who she'll play.

by Anonymousreply 445July 16, 2022 3:32 AM

R443–the whole series, except for the black and white Gene/Omaha sequences, is a flashback (in a sense). It takes place before BB events. At this point Walter is just a chemistry teacher who doesn’t know he is dying, or very early in his criminal career.

by Anonymousreply 446July 16, 2022 4:06 AM

The blue meth hasn't come to Gus' attention yet. Maybe it will by the end of BCS and we will get a cutaway of what Walt and Jesse were up to at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 447July 16, 2022 4:29 AM

BCS is currently in 2004 or 2005, BB started in 2008. Walt hasn't started cooking as of yet, and hasn't been diagnosed with cancer.

by Anonymousreply 448July 16, 2022 5:24 AM

That timing suggests Gus kept his underground space empty for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 449July 16, 2022 5:29 AM

[quote]BCS is currently in 2004 or 2005

June 2004. Thursday, June 24, 2004, was the scheduled day of the Sandpiper mediation with Howard's humiliation, and everything in this latest episode was still that night, wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 450July 16, 2022 6:27 AM

Thank God Lalo is gone. Terrible character. I'm sick of grinning psychopath villains; clichés, one and all. Now bring the story back to Jimmy and Kim, please.

by Anonymousreply 451July 16, 2022 8:57 AM

Good point, R450. Now I’m convinced that Walt and Jesse will appear as flashbacks…and not necessarily together.

by Anonymousreply 452July 16, 2022 9:09 AM

[Quote] As Walter is holding the gun on Jack, he says, "Don't you want to know where I buried the money?" but Walter just shoots and kills him.

Is there still money buried in the desert somewhere? I thought the hillbillies got all the money. Jesse desperately tried to find the money in that apartment so I guess he doesn't know anything about money in the desert.

*confused*

by Anonymousreply 453July 16, 2022 11:27 AM

[QUOTE]Thank God Lalo is gone.

I only wish he suffered more. And I didn’t like that he died with a smile on his face. I am glad that it happened at the hands of Gus, however.

by Anonymousreply 454July 16, 2022 1:06 PM

I thought Todd took Jessie out to the desert to dig up that money?

by Anonymousreply 455July 17, 2022 3:30 AM

There were 8 barrels of money Walt buried in the desert. The hillbillies got them all except one they gave to Walt. Each barrel had $10 million in it. The hillbillies buried the money someplace on or near their compound.

by Anonymousreply 456July 17, 2022 3:33 AM

Jesse never went to Alaska, R444. When the maroon van pulled up, he walked away.

I understand that at the point where Lalo and Howard get planted in their shared graves, the lab is still not built My point in R443 is that refers to present day, b&w Cinnabon Gene, who making that phone call to someone telling them he was "made" - so again, I ask, who could he possibly be calling? In my book, there are only two possibilities: Kim or Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 457July 17, 2022 7:43 PM

R457 I guess you didn't watch El Camino, which followed Jesse in the months after the end of BB. He most certainly did end up in Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 458July 17, 2022 7:47 PM

The scene of Howard and Lalo getting buried together will haunt me forever.

by Anonymousreply 459July 17, 2022 8:57 PM

At least Howard’s family will imagine him buried at sea.

by Anonymousreply 460July 17, 2022 10:46 PM

[quote]Jesse never went to Alaska,

Two words, dipshit: EL CAMINO.

by Anonymousreply 461July 18, 2022 12:32 AM

Makes perfect sense. I didn’t even realize that the whole season was leading inevitably to that moment.

So maybe Saul did call Kim from Omaha.

Rhea is nominated for Supporting Actress? She’s a lead by any measure.

by Anonymousreply 462July 19, 2022 4:24 AM

It's all Saul from here on out! Great episode.

Kim was especially surprising. Jesus Christ, Kim.

by Anonymousreply 463July 19, 2022 4:27 AM

Every other non-BB major player wound up dead. Chuck then Nacho and Howard and Lalo. I'm glad Kim didn't follow suit. This was the most realistic way for them to end.

by Anonymousreply 464July 19, 2022 5:30 AM

How many hours do you suppose it took for Hector to dictate that statement?

by Anonymousreply 465July 19, 2022 5:51 AM

I enjoyed the series but it ruined Gus, Mike, and Saul for me. I used to really like Gus and Saul on BB.

by Anonymousreply 466July 19, 2022 6:19 AM

Gus was flirting with the waiter!

by Anonymousreply 467July 19, 2022 6:19 AM

And vice versa!

by Anonymousreply 468July 19, 2022 11:55 AM

I think Rhea has a much better chance to win as Supporting.

by Anonymousreply 469July 19, 2022 11:56 AM

Episode was so slow until Howard's memorial. Kim wow. That's some inner fortitude!

by Anonymousreply 470July 19, 2022 6:56 PM

What was Mike doing with the hiding place?

by Anonymousreply 471July 19, 2022 9:25 PM

That scene when Kim lies to Howard's widow was so chilling. I'm glad that Kim seems to have gotten out alive, but I will miss Rhea Seehorn's sublime acting.

by Anonymousreply 472July 20, 2022 7:18 PM

I never warmed up to Kim and it may be that I find Rhea odd like I did Elisabeth Moss as Peggy in Mad Men another of my favorite shows.

by Anonymousreply 473July 20, 2022 10:57 PM

That break up scene was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 474July 21, 2022 12:38 AM

[QUOTE]Gus was flirting with the waiter!

I thought they were fucking.

by Anonymousreply 475July 21, 2022 12:39 AM

I wonder if the Texan with the ostrich skin boots who rejected the wine was Lalo and he planned to poison Gus or maybe Gus was paranoid about it and got his idea to poison the mezcal that way

by Anonymousreply 476July 21, 2022 12:42 AM

It was soooo weird seeing Jimmy as Saul at the end. I forgot how much of an obnoxious prick he was.

by Anonymousreply 477July 21, 2022 1:01 AM

I’m really hoping this isn’t the last time we see Kim. She’s the heart of the show for me.

by Anonymousreply 478July 21, 2022 1:07 AM

Of course it won’t be the last time we see Kim.

by Anonymousreply 479July 21, 2022 3:04 AM

Peter Gould confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt Max was Gus’s lover and the sommelier was flirting with Gus. Not so much here, but on other forums it amazes me Gus’s sexuality is still up for debate.

by Anonymousreply 480July 21, 2022 6:35 AM

It’s still up for debate because the producers and writers won’t actually depict Gus in a same-sex entanglement on screen. Why do we need Peter Gould to confirm it in some Variety interview? Why don’t they actually show us?

by Anonymousreply 481July 21, 2022 10:08 AM

[quote] Of course it won’t be the last time we see Kim.

What makes you say this?

by Anonymousreply 482July 21, 2022 6:58 PM

Because the audience needs to know where she wound up.

by Anonymousreply 483July 21, 2022 7:16 PM

There’s what, four episodes left? How can they not devote any time to showing us what happened to Kim?

by Anonymousreply 484July 21, 2022 7:40 PM

The official BCS Insider podcast has conducted exit interview type appearances with every actor who has exited the canvas this season (right after their final appearance aired). It’s quite telling this past episode didn’t have Rhea Seehorn, and instead featured the actress who plays Francesca.

by Anonymousreply 485July 22, 2022 4:12 AM

Gus is most definitely hit gif the sommelier, he bought an expensive bottle of wine based back at home when he was jerking JFC over off of the somm’s story that previous night. He walked out because he realized he can’t go ahead with attempting a real relationship with anyone.

All that money and what can do to enjoy life? Drink some nice wine and flirt. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 486July 22, 2022 8:15 AM

Oh dear, KFC should be ‘off’. He was jerking off not jerking chicken.

by Anonymousreply 487July 22, 2022 8:16 AM

^sober up, doll.

by Anonymousreply 488July 22, 2022 10:22 AM

BCS will be over soon. It’s so depressing 😞

by Anonymousreply 489July 25, 2022 2:15 AM

People who wanted to see more of Gene, be careful what you ask for. Zzzzzzz tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 490July 26, 2022 3:12 AM

UGH I was nervous this whole episode, why do I do this to myself?

by Anonymousreply 491July 26, 2022 3:49 AM

Where do I know the older security guard from? I have never had a Cinnabon but he certainly enjoys them.

by Anonymousreply 492July 26, 2022 3:51 AM

The security guard was Jerry from Parks & Rec

by Anonymousreply 493July 26, 2022 5:04 AM

Wasted episode. Stupid crime. Unbelievable scheme. Nice to see Carol.

by Anonymousreply 494July 26, 2022 5:04 AM

I thought at the end Carol was going to say she was onto Gene. But maybe that is all we will see of her.

by Anonymousreply 495July 26, 2022 5:22 AM

I suspect that Gene won't go anywhere near their house again. And poor Carol will wonder what happened to them.

Thought this episode was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 496July 26, 2022 12:00 PM

I must've missed something because I didn't know until when I read recaps this morning that Jeffy is the cab driver who identified Gene as Saul.

by Anonymousreply 497July 26, 2022 12:47 PM

It was a boring episode. The only purpose towards the story might be leaving the door open to a post-series movie about Gene going back to Saul, but I don't want to watch that.

Maybe they wrote this just to give Carol Burnett a bit part.

Disappointed with the episode. Aren't there three left? And there's a filler ep?

by Anonymousreply 498July 26, 2022 12:53 PM

Kim is gone. Howard is dead. Fring is safe. Saul is Saul. Other than how they are going to write in Walt and Jesse, the only real suspense is in Gene-world. Gene can’t go back to Saul, but he can go back to Jimmy. And Kim.

by Anonymousreply 499July 26, 2022 2:22 PM

R497–They showed the “Albuquerque” car deodorizer hanging in his cab, and Carol mentioned that he had been in trouble in Albuquerque.. plus bits of the recap.

by Anonymousreply 500July 26, 2022 2:31 PM

I think I laughed more in this episode than any other of the entire series. I thought Carol Burnett was going to end up being Kim’s mom, but she was still brilliantly used in a small role. I’m going to have to look up how old she is, but not only does she still look great, she still knows how to make anything funny without being overly hammy….

I was surprised by the amount of suspense in the episode. It was a challenge to get through the last 20 minutes…

by Anonymousreply 501July 26, 2022 6:03 PM

I thought it was going to be about Whitney Houston. ;)

by Anonymousreply 502July 27, 2022 4:29 AM

The closest Cinnabon is 3 hours away, now I want to try it.

by Anonymousreply 503July 27, 2022 6:11 AM

I though is was an underwhelming episode. The con to rob from a department store was lame. Ditto his threats against them, that would not scare anyone.

by Anonymousreply 504July 27, 2022 6:47 AM

Being from the Midwest, the hardest thing for me to buy was there being a department store in Omaha that sells Armani, Patagonia, etc. in one place!

That said, the cab driver’s mother indicated he fell in with a bad crowd when he was in Albuquerque. If that’s the case, just like Jesse he would understand Saul/Gene wasn’t just a criminal lawyer…he was a criminal lawyer. Also, the opening scene of the episode indicates the feds raid Saul’s house, so it’d be widely known he was affiliated with the Salamancas, Fring, and other violent criminals in New Mexico. By showing up in an menacing way, Saul/Gene showed he’s capable of being a threat if necessary.

Also, as lame as it might seem, the department store grift forced Gene to completely resort to Saul…and remind him of some of his most elaborate schemes with Kim. He had to win over the mall cops (even though one initially hated him). He had to use his knowledge of the law to concoct a plan that satisfied the cabbie’s desires while ensuring they’d both go down if he was double crossed…and at the very end when he returned to the scene of the crime, the clothes reminded him of the man he was…and probably still is.

As a bottle episode it was great. Much better than BB’s “The Fly” episode.

by Anonymousreply 505July 27, 2022 7:35 AM

What’s a bottle episode?

by Anonymousreply 506July 27, 2022 9:23 AM

R506:

A bottle episode is an episode of a series that doesn’t advance the plot or contain any consequential actions. However, it lingers on a character and provides more insight into their day to day life.

Famous/Infamous Bottle Episodes:

Empty Nests - Golden Girls

The Parking Garage - Seinfeld

Fly - Breaking Bad

by Anonymousreply 507July 27, 2022 10:33 AM

Loved the episode, but the security guards treated a free bit of pastry like manna from heaven. They could have just walked a short distance at any time to buy one themselves.

by Anonymousreply 508July 27, 2022 12:22 PM

What evidence do the feds have against Saul? Walt and Mike are dead; they don’t have Jessie. Skylar can’t testify against him without implicating herself? They may know he criminally assisted Heisenberg, but how could they prove it?

by Anonymousreply 509July 27, 2022 12:34 PM

This episode shows that Gene/Jimmy/Saul can never leave the grift behind. He is not only a user through and through, but the mastermind of this particular scam. In BB he was never the architect but in BCS he often was. Why do we sympathize with the character? How screwed up are we? I think now that the whole series has been a larger moral lesson.

by Anonymousreply 510July 28, 2022 7:54 AM

R510 "... for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

He's the trickster, Loki, the Brat, goniff, relentlessly getting in his own way...

Kim's speech from the depths of her moral depravity: "... apart we're good, but together we're bad. But I liked it... I had so much fun!"

Walter's speech at the very end of Breaking Bad: "I did it for me, I liked it, I was good at it, and I was really . . . I was alive."

In Milton's Paradise Lost, Satan took over the show, he was so .... interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511July 28, 2022 3:01 PM

The next episode is called “Breaking Bad.”

by Anonymousreply 512July 28, 2022 8:37 PM

[QUOTE]Loved the episode, but the security guards treated a free bit of pastry like manna from heaven. They could have just walked a short distance at any time to buy one themselves.

When you’re working a shitty, low paying job, you cherish all of the freebies you can get in life.

by Anonymousreply 513July 29, 2022 2:07 PM

True r513, at an old shitty job with the cable company every time they brought in free food I always made sure to get some.

by Anonymousreply 514July 30, 2022 12:17 AM

Washington Post interview with Jonathan Banks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515July 30, 2022 2:33 PM

Great article!

by Anonymousreply 516August 1, 2022 8:43 AM

I almost hope that there is no Walt and Jesse appearance. But Vince mentioned to look for this episode so must be they are in it although it may be briefly.

by Anonymousreply 517August 1, 2022 10:12 PM

Of course they’re in it. But like you, R517, I’d rather they spent our extremely limited time on other things.

by Anonymousreply 518August 2, 2022 12:43 AM

SPOILER

- Francesca is shown and Saul calls Kim

by Anonymousreply 519August 2, 2022 1:19 AM

Why is it just a repeat tonight?

by Anonymousreply 520August 2, 2022 1:23 AM

r520 it isn't but it's another Gene B&W episode

by Anonymousreply 521August 2, 2022 1:37 AM

SPOILER

I am here for the pissed reactions of the fan boys if Walt and Jesse aren't in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 522August 2, 2022 1:46 AM

Well here's Jesse and Walt, at last!

by Anonymousreply 523August 2, 2022 1:47 AM

Shit they are on

by Anonymousreply 524August 2, 2022 1:50 AM

I had a weird dream that "Gene" comes after BCS and before BB. So he returns to morally.flwxible law practice before BB. Don't ask me why I was dreaming this.

by Anonymousreply 525August 2, 2022 1:54 AM

(Haven't read any of this thread. But I finally started watching the series on Netflix.

Binge watched the first season one day! Holy shit. A show that actually lives up to the hype. I loved, loved Breaking Bad but when they announced Saul, I thought: Nah. Saul is my least favorite BB character. Why him? So I never watched. Dumb on my part.

Can't wait to come back and read this thread when I've caught up.)

by Anonymousreply 526August 2, 2022 2:03 AM

Grumpy Mike too

by Anonymousreply 527August 2, 2022 2:08 AM

Walt and Jesse seemed like fan service.

by Anonymousreply 528August 2, 2022 2:13 AM

Marion is who is going to end Gene

by Anonymousreply 529August 2, 2022 2:16 AM

It never made sense that after Mike was head of Fring’s security he was still doing PI work for Saul.

by Anonymousreply 530August 2, 2022 9:10 AM

Nothing wrong with fan service.

by Anonymousreply 531August 2, 2022 9:11 AM

Has Aaron Paul’s voice dropped an octave since that Jesse one-off sequel?

by Anonymousreply 532August 3, 2022 1:18 AM

I noticed that too, R532. In El Camino Aaron Paul just looked bloated. But I’m BCS he sounded like he smokes a pack of cigarettes every day.

by Anonymousreply 533August 3, 2022 1:36 AM

Two nice Variety articles on the most recent episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 3, 2022 11:32 AM

Final episode is “Saul Gone”

Dun Dun Dun!

by Anonymousreply 535August 3, 2022 1:51 PM

That could mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 536August 3, 2022 2:40 PM

I am thinking we hear more about Kim the next episode

by Anonymousreply 537August 4, 2022 12:59 AM

R537: It’s been confirmed viewers will here exactly what Saul said in the phone booth. I’m thinking that includes Kim’s part of the conversation

by Anonymousreply 538August 4, 2022 7:44 AM

I don't like Kim so I don't care if something bad happens to her. I want to root for Jimmy/Saul/Gene but he has turned into a complete dirtbag.

by Anonymousreply 539August 4, 2022 4:59 PM

[quote]I want to root for Jimmy/Saul/Gene but he has turned into a complete dirtbag.

Of course he has. That's what he was in BB. It was inevitable. You expected something different?

by Anonymousreply 540August 4, 2022 5:34 PM

r540 I thought he was funny on BB but now I can't find him humorous after seeing his story played out.

by Anonymousreply 541August 4, 2022 5:41 PM

He’s living his truth.

by Anonymousreply 542August 4, 2022 8:58 PM

I'm having real trouble keeping track of timelines here.

by Anonymousreply 543August 5, 2022 1:07 AM

So the BB guys meet privately with Saul and kidnap him? Sorry but it's been a million years, can someone explain?

by Anonymousreply 544August 5, 2022 1:10 AM

Walt & Jesse kidnapped Saul to get him to defend Badger after he got busted for selling meth. He then decided to help them avoid the law and launder their money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545August 5, 2022 1:43 AM

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 546August 5, 2022 1:45 AM

Not to defend Badger. He was already defending Badger. They wanted Saul to prevent Badger from making a deal with DEA.

by Anonymousreply 547August 5, 2022 2:21 AM

All I know is we better see Kim again.

by Anonymousreply 548August 6, 2022 3:47 PM

The scene of Jimmy in the phone booth talking (without our hearing) and going ballistic and banging the receiver violently.... was fucking brilliant. I assume (as stated above) we'll hear the conversation in the next episode. What possible conversation could create that reaction? What would Kim say that would set him off? Was it Kim at all (I think so, no one else might draw out his anger like that)?

But whatever it was inspired Jimmy to go back to the "crime ring" and actually get sloppy... guy's got cancer? Oh, maybe not... ah fuck it, get his money too. Breaking the window to go inside... sloppy, sloppy. He doesn't care anymore... spiraling, spiraling, finally down into the darkness.

by Anonymousreply 549August 6, 2022 4:12 PM

These last few episodes post Kim are some of my favorite of the entire series. I really never understood the Gene character or the timeline until now. It’s fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 550August 7, 2022 11:38 AM

Agree R550. While Kim is a great character in this series, and in Saul's life, she is ultimately supporting, and we need to see his story without her.

by Anonymousreply 551August 7, 2022 5:10 PM

I, on the other hand, haven’t enjoyed the series as much without Kim, Gus, Howard, etc. It’s like a peek at what the series could’ve been without the strong supporting cast, and it’s something I probably wouldn’t have watched beyond the first season.

by Anonymousreply 552August 7, 2022 6:34 PM

R552 I respectfully disagree. What we are seeing is Jimmy become what Chuck always told him he was. A loser. A small time petty crook from Cicero. Worse he’s hiding from the feds in Omaha. He’s lost everything good in his life. He chased Kim away. He got Howard killed. Sounds like he has a little money but lost the most important thing to him. His respectability. He’s totally alone at the end. To me anyway it’s fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 553August 7, 2022 7:35 PM

He’d already lost his respectability in Albuquerque.

by Anonymousreply 554August 7, 2022 8:46 PM

He'd already lost his respectability in Cicero.

I like these last episodes, the black and white cue that "something odd is happening, this is an afterlife, and there is a reckoning about to be delivered.

by Anonymousreply 555August 8, 2022 1:41 AM

I like how they are wrapping it up. Gene is going off the deep end, which makes more sense than him just sitting at home alone all the time listening to the police scanner. He's a compulsive person, a grifter, and he has a God complex, thinking he is smarter than other people and can get away with all of his scams. He's going to end up dead or in jail, which makes sense for the life that he has led. He's supposed to be in his 50's now, so tick-tock. I would be bummed if they did not have him have any kind of comeuppance, which was the lame ending for Ozark.

by Anonymousreply 556August 8, 2022 1:52 AM

It's odd to say, but I am hoping he dies in some violent, purgative way. It would seem poetic justice, and anything less wouldn't do honor to the unrepentant grift artist he is.

Trash.. .Jimmy's just trash.

by Anonymousreply 557August 8, 2022 1:57 AM

Brunette Kim.

by Anonymousreply 558August 9, 2022 2:26 AM

Anyone else not recognize Kim until she got to her office?

by Anonymousreply 559August 9, 2022 5:22 AM

Looked like she put on some weight.

by Anonymousreply 560August 9, 2022 5:25 AM

Same, R557. Hoping the shallow grave shot fading into Saul in bed is his future.

R553 He didn't chase Kim away. Ruining Howard was her plan, and she was having 'too much fun'.

by Anonymousreply 561August 9, 2022 7:28 AM

Chuck was right.

by Anonymousreply 562August 9, 2022 8:19 AM

The scene with Burnett was classic.

by Anonymousreply 563August 9, 2022 11:56 AM

Another good episode. My only complaint was that in the beginning, it seemed to really dumb down Kim, and she was surrounded by a dumb boyfriend and the dumb people who worked with her at the sprinkler company. But then I thought, maybe after all the trauma she endured, she needed something that was boring, predictable and unchallenging. The rest of the episode was great.

by Anonymousreply 564August 9, 2022 3:57 PM

[quote]in the beginning, it seemed to really dumb down Kim, and she was surrounded by a dumb boyfriend and the dumb people who worked with her at the sprinkler company.

Spin-off from the spin-off?

by Anonymousreply 565August 9, 2022 4:00 PM

Please no.

by Anonymousreply 566August 9, 2022 4:31 PM

It was brilliant to have the reflection from the Saul commercial appear in color (in Gene’s glasses).

Also, did any other longtime DLers get misty-eyed during the Duke‘s vs Miracle Whip discussion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567August 9, 2022 6:22 PM

I called it (and everybody else) that Marion would be his undoing and she was going to do a search on him since he had showed her how to use the computer last episode.

Still don't feel sorry for Kim.

by Anonymousreply 568August 10, 2022 12:24 AM

What a great episode.

by Anonymousreply 569August 10, 2022 12:42 AM

I hope Rhea Seehorn is able to use the airport shuttle scene in her Emmy reel. If she does, the trophy is hers.

by Anonymousreply 570August 10, 2022 8:26 AM

They don’t care about BCS.

by Anonymousreply 571August 10, 2022 9:39 AM

The shuttle scene would only apply to next year's Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 572August 10, 2022 11:57 AM

Great episode. (Agree the ad reflected in the glasses color was brilliant. Visually the whole episode was shot brilliantly. This is both cheap thrills and high art.)

I thought Burnett was superb. A moment of moral clarity and fate: Jimmy with the telephone cord coiled in his hands... was he threatening her only or would he really strangle her? He didn't. She ended him.

Aaron Paul's bit was curious and flat... even Kim's emotional outburst in that scene wasn't really necessary.

"Vanilla or strawberry... they're both so good." "Right??!!"

by Anonymousreply 573August 10, 2022 2:42 PM

There wasn’t a false note the entire episode. I only hope the finale is as good. Kim’s meeting with Cheryl and then falling apart on the bus. Talk about years in the making. And Jimmy/Saul being on the run. I’m glad the Lalo and Mike stuff is over. It can just be all character stuff at this point. What a incredible series this has been and what amazing episodes we gotten this half of the final 6.

by Anonymousreply 574August 10, 2022 4:53 PM

Odenkirk said on Talking Saul that Jimmy/Saul/Gene was preparing to kill Marion, but he couldn’t do it. Right on the precipice.

by Anonymousreply 575August 10, 2022 5:13 PM

But I think the only reason he didn’t do it was the Life Alert operator came on and Marion announced he was in the house? Unless he was too much of a wimp to do it?

by Anonymousreply 576August 10, 2022 5:41 PM

No, he hesitated when she said "I trusted you." That was the turning point for him.

by Anonymousreply 577August 10, 2022 5:45 PM

When she said “I trusted you,” he looked at her face and thought of all those old ladies from Sandpiper Crossing and how much they adored him. All of a sudden, he was looking at Irene.

I don’t think there was ever a chance that Jimmy would kill her. He’s not like the cartel guys. He’s still too human.

by Anonymousreply 578August 10, 2022 9:02 PM

Although he was ready to potentially kill the the cancer patient the night before with the urn. He wasn't above murdering a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 579August 10, 2022 10:20 PM

He could have just knocked the cancer guy out.

by Anonymousreply 580August 10, 2022 10:22 PM

I didn't think Kim's crying was that great of acting, I kept thinking she was going to laugh

by Anonymousreply 581August 10, 2022 11:20 PM

[QUOTE]Although he was ready to potentially kill the the cancer patient the night before with the urn. He wasn't above murdering a stranger.

[QUOTE]He could have just knocked the cancer guy out.

Exactly. He was not going to kill that guy, just knock him out and make a break for it.

by Anonymousreply 582August 10, 2022 11:31 PM

This thread won’t hold til the end. She’s already bursting at the seams.

Here’s the next (and last 😢) one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583August 10, 2022 11:32 PM

So, comments on the final episode?

by Anonymousreply 584August 17, 2022 8:24 PM

See r583

by Anonymousreply 585August 17, 2022 8:28 PM

[QUOTE] So, comments on the final episode?

Jesus Christ, R584–there’s another episode? We all thought it was over!

by Anonymousreply 586August 17, 2022 8:36 PM

Haven't read this thread (thought I commented once way upthread). But I started watching BCS because of all the final season hype. Fuck it's good! I'm mid way through season three.

One question: Why doesn't Michael McKeon get more love? To me, it's a three person show. Jimmy, Kim and Chuck. But I only hear chatter for Bob and Rhea (both very deserving of it, of course.)

McKeon is just so good as the too moralistic backstabbing brother.

by Anonymousreply 587August 17, 2022 8:42 PM

Michael McKeon needs an Emmy nomination for this show. R587 is right.

by Anonymousreply 588August 17, 2022 10:26 PM

Let's fill out this thread then!

by Anonymousreply 589August 17, 2022 10:28 PM

McKeon got plenty of love when his episodes aired, but he’s been off the show for years.

by Anonymousreply 590August 17, 2022 10:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!