Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SCOTUS blocks vaccine / mask mandates

We are so fucked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 19, 2022 4:15 AM

Omidelphialrhosigpsiomega likes this!

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 6:45 PM

What a horrible precedent to set.

What if there's an even deadlier virus in the future? One with a10% death rate.

This is madness.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 6:48 PM

pro-life? more like pro-death pro-virus. This is what happens when you have a psychotic religious nutbag majority

Just for comparison-the Aussie government is a right wing government. Guess what? They are among the strictest in the world when it comes to covid safety measures. That's how extreme the US right wing are-they are anti-science

I personally don't care if every eligible unvaccinated person dies. What I do care about are the tiny group of ineligible people who wish they could get vaccinated but can't. I also care about the fact that the eligible unvaccinated assholes are the ones largely keeping covid spreading and mutating.

At this point there should be a waiver that if you are eligible to be vaccinated but choose not to be, you should be denied treatment if you get covid. Sick of those assholes clogging up hospitals and driving our healthcare workers crazy with their bullshit

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 6:50 PM

There were smarter ways to handle this. But Fauci loved having power. He's a power loving, famewhore. Keeping him around was Biden's biggest mistake.

They should have allowed the insurance companies to surcharge the unvaxxed and allowed employers to make their unvaxxed employees pay for testing. They also could have only allowed the airlines to require all passengers to be vaccinated. There are many other things they could have done.

This would have allowed them (the unvaxxed) to save face. They could have secretly gotten vaxxed and continued to lie to their friends that they weren't vaxxed and were just paying all the surcharges

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 6:50 PM

There is still a little bit of freedom in America, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 6:51 PM

And a lot of death.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 6:54 PM

We do what we want.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 6:55 PM

Donald should never have been elected. and for those who screech, "He's not in office, stop talking about him" his choices alas will live with us for the rest of our lives

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 6:58 PM

Who cares?

It will kill off more Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 7:00 PM

It must suck to be Sotomayor, she’s stuck with a bunch of conservative aholes at work everyday. Such a shitty situation for us all.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 7:00 PM

Anti vaxxers are jubilant on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 7:00 PM

[R4] The insurance companies don’t need someone to “let them” surcharge or employers to require vaccinations. However there is something called “the common good” which anyone living in a society must follow or leave that society and a mandate is meant to ensure the safety of the population for the common good if employers won’t do it themselves. The willfully unvaccinated need to “lose face” if they see their own opinions more important than the lives of others. They should not be insured for any hospitalization resulting from their own decision. They can’t have it both ways. You want your freedom to ignore science, don’t expect society to save your ass in a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 7:01 PM

[quote]They can’t have it both ways. You want your freedom to ignore science, don’t expect society to save your ass in a hospital.

Brilliant. Well said.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 7:03 PM

I live for the time, say 2 in the morning, when "Ginni" and Clarence Thomas are gasping for their last breaths as COVID mutations causes their lungs to explode.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 7:07 PM

I am going to get tomatoes thrown at me but here goes

If it is now known the vaccine does not prevent transmission, why are we so fucked? Is it because as it spreads among the unvaccinated it will become more dangerous? Im not sure that is how it works. I am asking earnestly so go easy on me! TIA

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 7:08 PM

[quote]What a horrible precedent to set.

Precedent was set decades ago with laws that allowed people to refuse treatment. Religious exemptions, plus wo centuries of doctors abusing their power and spouses putting inconvenient wives in madhouses and kids putting parents in homes so they could steal their estate, lead to the courts stepping in, and now it's almost impossible to force someone to get any kind of medical treatment.

That's going to end up getting applied to things like masks, too. There really wasn't any question about how this was going to go.

A mask mandate would help, a vaccine mandate would help a LOT, but we're never going to get those. We could probably get mandates such as, say, the government requires a mask and/or vaccine for school, state colleges, to enter federal buildings, healthcare work, airline travel, international travel, etc. But not for every citizen no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 7:11 PM

[quote] If it is now known the vaccine does not prevent transmission, why are we so fucked?

That’s always been known. Have you been living under a rock?

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 7:20 PM

Copy cat usurper thread.

What a sad cunt you are, op.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2022 7:22 PM

R15, the vaccine can prevent death, not necessarily transmission (especially with Omicron).

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2022 7:23 PM

I hope the I hope the judges to blocked the mandate die from COVID.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2022 7:23 PM

I hope op dies for being a thread usurper.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2022 7:24 PM

It's time the President starts packing the court. There's no limit to the number of justices on the USSC. But I'll still mask up for everything and I've been double vaxed but have to wait until March for my booster.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 7:24 PM

It's time the op dies for being a thread stealer.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2022 7:25 PM

R18, R21, and R23 is off his meds again. He’s the racist who posts racists posts and accuses people of copying his threads.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2022 7:35 PM

R17 It was said the vaccine slowed the spread in the middle of all this. I am vaccinated. I am just wondering why we are fucked. Can you answer the question or just wanna hurl insults?

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2022 7:35 PM

[quote]I am just wondering why we are fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2022 7:39 PM

Long Covid - the "silent killer."

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2022 7:46 PM

r13

which is why gays have AIDS still

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2022 7:47 PM

Straights are immune to AIDS?

Interesting...

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2022 7:48 PM

forcing people to get vaccinated = tattooing AIDS on a gay's ass

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2022 7:48 PM

[quote] lead to the courts stepping in,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2022 8:35 PM

They're estimating that 100 million Americans will be sick with COVID by late February, so this whole thing may be moot for a while because everything will be shut the fuck DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2022 9:30 PM

R26 Thank You.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2022 10:10 PM

R30, you were already forced to get vaccinated to go to school

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 10:12 PM

R26 Cnn is just as much propaganda as Fox is.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2022 10:14 PM

[quote]It must suck to be Sotomayor, she’s stuck with a bunch of conservative aholes at work everyday. Such a shitty situation for us all.

I was thinking that too; she sadly stares into her RBG "I Object" mug while Kavanaugh & Thomas yuck it up about last night's episode of Tucker Carlson & the new clerk that's got an ass you could bounce a quarter off of

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2022 10:22 PM

Imagine if a coach tell his team to perform an illegal play and the referee says, “I need to defer to the competence and expertise of the coach. The coach knows what is best for his team to win.” That’s what Sotomayor says a SC justice should do. A SC ruling is not supposed to have anything to do with how good or bad the views of the parties are or what effect the ruling has. It’s supposed to be an impartial ruling on what the rules allow or don’t allow. Th3 majority did their job. As they stated, if Congress had wanted OSHA to be able to do a mandate, they had two years to pass legislation giving OSHA the power. Since Congress didn’t, during a raging pandemic, then obviously Congress didn’t want it. Maybe Congress should have been focused on Covid legislation instead of devoting all of its attention to bills for other things that had no hope of being passed.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 11:44 PM

Sotomayor also stated incorrect Covid facts, saying 100,000 kids were in the hospital when in reality there were less than 5,000. While 5,000 is still a significant number, it’s no where near the 100,000 she claimed. The decision is correct.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2022 1:47 AM

Drink piss, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2022 2:15 AM

According to OP we've been fucked so many times our sex lives are fantastic at this point.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2022 2:27 AM

Dirty old men without a normal brain between the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2022 2:38 AM

Whatever, R40.

[quote]The willfully unvaccinated need to “lose face” if they see their own opinions more important than the lives of others. They should not be insured for any hospitalization resulting from their own decision. They can’t have it both ways. You want your freedom to ignore science, don’t expect society to save your ass in a hospital.

Well stated, R12. They remind me of all the anti-union assholes who I can gotdamn guarantee would hit the roof if they had to work 7 days a week, with no such emoluments as time and a half, or double time and a half. They would implode if they got a limb mangled in some faulty factory machinery, and there was NO recompense. They despise unions but I never see/hear them saying to the boss, "Thanks for the salary bump and better working conditions, Boss, but I can't take those things because I HATE unions."

Fuckers. They should all be forcibly sterilized.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2022 2:41 AM

Oh, R30. It's so nice of you to troll us from Breitbart.

Speaking of gay asses, here's a blond twink getting fucked senseless by 12" of black dick for your closeted wanking pleasure.

Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2022 2:55 AM

If there is anything I have faith in, it's for the insurance companies to find a way to fuck over people. I'd be willing to bet that they may not necessarily force you to be vaccinated, but your premiums will go through the roof if you don't. Granted, a lot of anti-vaxxers & MAGA types don't have insurance, but I see the logic in the poster who indicated that the Biden Administration should've let the insurance companies punish/screw over the unvaccinated rather than force the issue

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2022 8:16 PM

Gorsuch is trying to kill Sonia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2022 4:15 PM

I read this at R45; why doesn't Roberts him that prick work at home? I mean, if no other reason, the guy is a bigger asshole than even Clarence Thomas!

Though, on a positive note, maybe he'll give COVID to Thomas, thus making my prediction that Thomas will get sick & die in 2022 come true.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2022 7:13 PM

It was Ben Shapiro's lawsuit. It's his fault.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 19, 2022 1:47 AM

R46 He can't force justices to do things like recuse themselves. They are all totally autonomous. All he can do is request.

Gorsuch is a MAGA through and through. So is Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2022 3:02 AM

Since Gorsuch is a federal employee, isn't he required to wear a mask?

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2022 4:27 AM

The "vaccine" doesn't prevent transmission, which means there's no reason to mandate it. It also wears off after a few months, which means two shots are now four, soon to be six, eight, ten, twelve... Is there ever going to be a point when Good Liberals admit we need a different approach? Japan has astonishingly low death rates compared to infections, and they've been throwing everything at COVID, including "horse paste".

SCOTUS made the right call here, and fuck Fauci.

by Anonymousreply 50January 19, 2022 4:45 AM

R49 Biden’s (or any president’s) Executive Orders do not extend to Congress or the Judiciary — they are separate, co-equal branches of government.

by Anonymousreply 51January 19, 2022 4:55 AM

[quote] The "vaccine" doesn't prevent transmission, which means there's no reason to mandate it.

Wrong Defacto, but you knew that. The vaccine reduces the viral load greatly, as the UCLA study proved.

Also, mandated vax protects the person themselves, if they’re too big an idiot to get vaccinated otherwise.

Fauci suggests you have a few drinks.

by Anonymousreply 52January 19, 2022 5:09 AM

R52 you’re quoting somebody else’s post, not mine. Also, I don’t drink, silly. I’m a recovering alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 53January 19, 2022 5:14 AM

I suppose nothing should shock me at this point, but the fact that a SCOTUS justice - a very small group of elite, (presumably) intelligent, educated individuals - won't take a basic precaution that while he may personally think is rubbish, protects one of his colleagues with a chronic condition is just pathetic. It's just emblematic of how broken we are as a country. Not to go all "mary!", but it's just sad.

by Anonymousreply 54January 19, 2022 9:34 AM

R44 Doctors refuse to treat some of these unvaxxed patients. I'm not weighing in on whether this is ethical, yet I can understand losing patience with these people.

I know of two in particular. I was going to share some details, but I suppose it's best I don't.

by Anonymousreply 55January 19, 2022 11:43 AM

[quote] The "vaccine" doesn't prevent transmission, which means there's no reason to mandate it.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing someone has posted on DL today.

by Anonymousreply 56January 19, 2022 11:48 AM

R50 you realize Dr. Fauci is not singlehandedly responsible for all governmental action on covid-19, and is just set up as a Boogeyman because the right wants someone to focus their rage on at being told they have to alter their behavior somewhat, right?

by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2022 2:46 PM

Have a drink r53. Have several. You know you want to.

And stop lying about your sockpuppeting — Muriel has caught you many times.

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2022 3:21 PM

R58 name *one* time she caught me for this alleged “sock puppeting.” You’re lying.

by Anonymousreply 59January 19, 2022 3:23 PM

Well that explains it, r53. Wet brain, of course.

by Anonymousreply 60January 19, 2022 3:26 PM

Mask mandates for traveling dropped

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 19, 2022 4:04 AM

How some travelers feel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 19, 2022 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!