Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Death Becomes Him

He should have been killed for this hairdo alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 27, 2022 12:59 AM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2022 6:24 PM

Bad link OP. Who had a bad hairdo?

by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2022 6:27 PM

Before yesterday, when was the last time Sonny’s penthouse was shown? Does it look the sam as it did then?

by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote]Bad link OP. Who had a bad hairdo?

It worked for me...

Try this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2022 6:35 PM

Is it something about Amsterdam? Do they not have anyone that can do hair? Luke's hairstyle at R4 was awful, but so is Tracy's new do.

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2022 6:42 PM

Yes, definitely a bad doo. Thanks for posting a better link.

Tony looked pretty bad with it when he appeared on Tracy's sendoff episode.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote] Luke's hairstyle at [R4] was awful, but so is Tracy's new do.

Tracy's new do is actually an homage to her old hairstyle from way back. I'm pretty sure that piece on top right now is a wiglet, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2022 6:49 PM

All Tracy needs are wooden clogs to go with that hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2022 7:54 PM

Why that hairdo Tracy?

by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2022 8:02 PM

She needed a hobby so she joined a yodeling club.

by Anonymousreply 10January 4, 2022 8:25 PM

Her coiffeure was not flattering.

by Anonymousreply 11January 4, 2022 8:42 PM

Tracy's hairstyle wasn't flattering 45 years ago either

TG publicly stated that he'd come back for a good story, but it now seems more likely that a portion of the show's savings from not paying SB has been used to get TG on a flight from Amsterdam for a short-term return to the show.

ABC may not want to tell stories of former rapists, but they won't turn down a potential big sweeps story.

by Anonymousreply 12January 5, 2022 8:32 PM

So fuck off Frank Valentini! Yes, I dislike him. He couldn't recognize Luke & Laura’s 40th anniversary in November. The highest rated event in daytime history. So now he makes us believe that Luke is”dead”? What the fuck. Luke is never dead dead. He’s soap opera plot dead. Stupid plot point.

by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2022 10:03 PM

No flashbacks of Luke, is that because they don't want to pay TG?

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2022 10:17 PM

r14

do they also need his permission? I can see him saying no

by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2022 10:24 PM

What’s the point?? We know that Luke is not dead.

by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2022 10:27 PM

r16

by Anonymousreply 17January 5, 2022 10:33 PM

It’s too bad The Glamorama is closed. They could have come by and got their hair did up right.

by Anonymousreply 18January 5, 2022 10:39 PM

OMG! Luke is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2022 12:54 AM

Tracy has been in PC for not even a full day and yet she’s figured out about the baby, while all these other people can’t figure it out? Damn I’ve missed that broad!

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2022 3:25 AM

Tracy (Jane Elliot) has never been more welcome. I hope they keep her for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2022 4:37 AM

Scotty Baldwin should have killed him for raping Laura.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2022 5:41 AM

I'm not sure who looks worse with that hair: Elliott or Howarth. Tracy will probably get some of Harmony before Alexis does.

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2022 11:20 AM

Today Sasha said she needed to put in a call to her "go to" makeup artist. Let me guess, the one who was also dealing drugs?

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 5:33 AM

That would be the one.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2022 12:34 PM

Spencer actor is a million times better in scenes with Ava than one note Nik.

Marcus is the male version of KeMo. Emotionless, dead behind the eyes sleepwalker reciting lines.

Speculation is Felicia is Esme's mother and Ryan her father. Would explain Kristina Wagner suddenly being on contract...

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2022 9:18 PM

Looking forward to Carly vs. Nina next week. Reminds me of GL when it was Cassie vs. Annie.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2022 9:20 PM

r26

and when could THAT have happened?

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2022 9:22 PM

R28 I don't think it could have unless they are really screwing with the timeline. Felicia and Ryan's story was in like 1990/91. Unless, they are going to try and claim he kidnapped and raped her at some point when she had left PC and wasn't on canvas. It is true she wasn't constantly in PC during the early 2000s so I guess they could claim it happened then.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2022 9:34 PM

r29

well I guess that could be why she was gone so long besides her grandma

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2022 9:37 PM

Kristina Wagner is there for the upcoming "Who killed Peter?" mystery. She will play a major role, I predict, either because she will have murdered him to protect Maxie and keep him from the baby (it's all going to come out before Peter dies) OR because she will confess because she thinks Maxie was the murderer and, with all of her guilt about Maxie, she wants to protect her. Haven't you been watching soaps?

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2022 10:12 PM

Geez Louise, I was just sharing what was being speculated on other forums not proclaiming it to be gospel.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2022 10:34 PM

I think you're right about Ryan being her father, (that has already been speculated on here). I also think she arranged for her adoptive parents' accident.

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2022 10:47 PM

Elizabeth's missing Franco and trying to decide how to move on with Finn, would be more powerful if there wasn't a new doctor walking around GH that looks just like Franco, but for reason no one in PC sees it.

Also, I think I've finally figured out what Sonny the mobster imports: black market crystal, like counterfeit Waterford, or something. Because he throws enough of them against the wall he must have an endless supply. Also, if he "loves" his kids so much having bits of broken crystal everywhere is not great for them.

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2022 1:08 AM

Chase and Michael.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2022 1:35 AM

Get a grip R19.

Like a fungus, he will be back.

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2022 2:00 AM

What's going on there r35?

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Spencer/Cassadine scorecard:

Luke is now (presumed?) dead for the 3rd Time.

Laura: 3 times

Lucky: Once

Nicholas: Twice

Lulu: coma but never totally dead

Bobbie: I think she and Monica are the only long-time castmates currently on the canvas who have never died or been presumed dead.

Any corrections?

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2022 4:15 AM

Hmm, just what was inside that little prescription bag that Esme picked up today? The one that the nurse warned her was very strong and she should talk to the pharmacist about its proper usage. I'm thinking some kind of sedative and she's planning on using it on someone up at the cabin. She said to the nurse not to worry she's very familiar with it....if what R33 said is true, maybe she doped up her parents to cause their accident.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2022 4:17 AM

Who knows r37

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2022 7:42 AM

“Why don’t we have this kind of chemistry with our lady costars?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2022 8:06 AM

HOLY shit. I keep forgetting how hot whatshisface is. In the most recent with Brooklyn, he looked like he was in between transformation from Banner to the Hulk.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2022 9:49 AM

Oh FFS. Duell loves eating pussy - he sure eats alot of different pussies - and Swickard is very happily married with kid. Stop making them gay. They are straight. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2022 12:04 PM

R35, thanks for the picture. Do I see a slight outline of the DOD? Why is the guy sexy out of character but never in character as Michael?

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2022 1:01 PM

r44

seriously, he seems to be a hornball in real life... how come he can't channel some of that

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2022 1:15 PM

Ava turning Spencer into Trina’s indentured servant…is she a fan of the movie Swept Away?

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2022 6:51 PM

[quote]. Duell loves eating pussy - he sure eats alot of different pussies

Yet he just can't seem to hang on to one very long. Maybe that's the one thing he's NOT doing.

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2022 12:35 AM

R44 Possibly because Mo B. is alleged to have some level of control over Michael's stories.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2022 7:26 AM

Two of Maxie’s kids: Georgie & Louise.

George & Weezy.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2022 1:56 PM

Mrs. Swickard’s Instagram is recommended for those who like Josh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2022 9:28 PM

Alan Sarapa and FAT Casey are a MESS!

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2022 10:12 PM

Isn't Mrs. Swickard a lucky gal!

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2022 12:48 PM

Yes, Mrs. Swickard is very lucky. Ugly gross Alan Sarapa will never have Josh. Mrs. Swickard will.

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2022 2:18 PM

Lucy Coe looks like Caitlin Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2022 2:58 PM

(R53), (R54)

by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2022 5:45 PM

Anyone catch the commercial for Stone Cold and Jackal's road tour that ran during today's episode? Where did Steve get the money to buy that kind of prime advertising time for his little two man show?

by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2022 10:25 PM

It must have been just a local commercial as it didn't run in my area.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2022 11:56 PM

I’m loving Charles “Mr. Sheffield” Shaughnessy as Victor. His cockblocking of Spencer and Esme today (on the mayoress’s couch!) was a hoot.

Good for Nina finally standing up to Cuntly.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote]I’m loving Charles “Mr. Sheffield” Shaughnessy as Victor. His cockblocking of Spencer and Esme today (on the mayoress’s couch!) was a hoot.

The subtle way he put her in her place by handing her his scarf like she was no better than "the help" was pure gold.

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2022 3:11 AM

Steve Burton still makes me moist - “down there”.

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2022 3:15 AM

GH Dead Count

Most recent dead who could possibly still be alive: Luke, Holly

Long Dead who could still come back sometime: Nelle, Morgan, Helena, even Julian Jerome

Have I missed anyone?

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2022 5:59 PM

Sadly Jason could come back from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2022 6:05 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ came back from the dead at some point.

And if the Hallmark movies ever start drying up, wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Paevey returns as Nathan West.

Person I really want to see return is Shiloh, as long as Coby Ryan McLaughlin is playing him!

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2022 6:47 PM

No doubt if he either gets vaccinated or Covid ever ends Jason will be back. A day I dread.

by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2022 6:50 PM

For a character that wasn't around very long, they still mention Hayden from time to time.

But I doubt that they'll now break up the new supercouple of Finn and Liz

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2022 8:43 PM

R65 must have just recently stated watching soaps.

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2022 10:17 PM

I really thought Austin was wing-manning Britt at the Savoy because he likes her, but no…he has a crush on Maxie.

Kinda gross considering their meet cute involved him delivering her baby in the woods. Guess he liked what he felt up there.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2022 12:47 AM

[quote]I really thought Austin was wing-manning Britt at the Savoy because he likes her, but no…he has a crush on Maxie. Kinda gross considering their meet cute involved him delivering her baby in the woods. Guess he liked what he felt up there.

He did say that, at one point, he decided he liked furry woodland creatures better than people.

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2022 1:22 AM

Men are just enchanted with Maxie!

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2022 1:47 AM

Maybe he's a chubby chaser.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2022 2:07 AM

Remember when Monica bitch slapped Carly all the way to Mexico? Nina needs to do the same to Snarly Carly The Shrew!

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2022 2:12 AM

Vee, who is in the biz, you know: kick Dumb Dylan out of SON! Now!

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2022 2:23 AM

Maxie has that magic pussy like Sonny has that magic sperm.

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2022 3:03 AM

With Dumb Dylan back at SON dumbing down the place more than ever, it’s a mess over there with Pervsuds and Vee, who’s in the biz, and fat Khan. What a place!

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2022 5:47 AM

Isn't Austin supposed to be in his 40s? (or mid-30s, tops!). And we're supposed to believe he hasn't been in a relationship and knows nothing about dating? Obviously, the laws of soaps dictate that just as he and Maxie are about to tie the knot, an ex-lover or ex-wife will come out of the woodwork, but they could at least make it more plausible.

by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2022 6:00 AM

[quote] Isn't Austin supposed to be in his 40s? (or mid-30s, tops!).

After the extreme close-ups of Howarth at The Savoy, it is difficult to imagine him being anything other than his actual age of 53.

Britt, OTOH, is looking better than ever these days.

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2022 9:56 AM

Curtis and the hat guy are terrible actors and a total snoozefest.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2022 10:15 AM

What did Sonny cook yesterday? Looked like burnt cardboard. And Mike knew how to make the magic sauce but Sonny forget the sugar.

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2022 1:37 PM

R77 Agreed. Hat guy is the worst! He’s FF material.

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2022 3:06 PM

Whatever happened to Chase's parents Jenny Gardner and Trapper John?

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2022 10:04 PM

R80, the current regime likes to lay traps for new audiences...Let's bring back Jenny Gardner!...but then doesn't tell a story about them or integrate them strategically into an existing story. It's like the mentions of Llanview and the Tan-O -- it cost the producers nothing and tricked OLTL audiences into tuning in. The bottom line is that they disrespect their audiences. What audiences want is satisfying stories told about their favorite actors and characters. They can be improbable but they have to be well told. That's what's missing -- good storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2022 10:26 PM

Amen R81

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2022 10:43 PM

They can always recast Jackie Templeton with someone else. It was nice letting Robert Scorpio have a dating/personal life via his dinner dates with Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2022 10:47 PM

I was hoping for Gonzo and Alexis but looks like she’s going gay.

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2022 10:53 PM

Gonzo, that's it!

The guy from Bonanza was Trapper John.

I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2022 11:21 PM

Why is Valentini still there? Oh that’s right. He’s the ONLY person in the world who can control a budget. lololololol

by Anonymousreply 86January 13, 2022 12:06 AM

I'm grateful Jane Elliot is back as Tracy. I just hope she stays awhile!

by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2022 12:21 AM

Tracy stopped mourning Luke really quickly and is already busybodying her granddaughter

by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2022 12:31 AM

Tracy hereinafter referred to as Leona Helmsley.

by Anonymousreply 89January 13, 2022 12:40 AM

Is Jane Elliot that desperate for money? She’s slumming it back at GH. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 90January 13, 2022 12:47 AM

These characters mourn Luke for about 15 seconds. The only person who seems to be sincerely sorry about his loss is Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 91January 13, 2022 1:00 AM

Maybe because Tracy knows he isn't really dead?

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2022 1:05 AM

The writers were totally punking us today! First, with "Kentucky Fried Lawyer" and then "Harland Sanders, Attorney at Law."

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2022 4:09 AM

Yeah, because we really believe that Luke is dead. WTF. This is what is passing as soap opera these days?

by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2022 4:12 AM

I see Howarth is playing Austin as Todd Manning already. This has to be one of the worst characters ever. Tying him to a legacy Q that hasn't been onscreen in 30 years was somehow supposed to legitimize him. Fail. These writers are all bread crumbs and no bread.

by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2022 9:58 AM

Does Maxi still have the secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices hidden in her apartment? The Kentucky Fried Lawyer should come looking for it.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2022 12:34 PM

What kind of stupid name is Esme?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2022 12:48 PM

It's short for Esmeralda, which is Spanish for emerald, thus making it more popular in Spanish speaking countries.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] What kind of stupid name is Esme?

I know, right?

by Anonymousreply 99January 14, 2022 6:19 PM

Can someone give a little history on the Felicia character please? The royal thing and not being a good mother stuff that Peter Asshatein was talking about. And what’s up with her little baby voice?

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2022 6:24 PM

Felicia is an Aztec princess, which is the storyline that kicked her off on the show (when she and Frisco got involved and he sang "Lady of My Heart" to her constantly).

Because of network interference, Felicia was never around when Maxie and Georgie were young adults on the canvas, which was written as Felicia gallivanting with Frisco (who'd long since abdicated parental interest in his kids to be a full-time WSB agent). So, when Georgie was brutally murdered, Maxie publicly pilloried Felicia, who took it like a doormat.

Her baby voice remains a mystery, but she's always sounded like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2022 7:07 PM

She was quite good in the BJ/Maxie heart-switch storyline. Kristina Wagner, Jackie Zeman, Lynn Herring and Tony Maule all deserved Emmy recognition. I think that's when GH was at it's best!

by Anonymousreply 102January 14, 2022 7:19 PM

I still remember Felicia total joy at learning they had a heart donor for Maxie and then sudden collapse to the ground realizing the donor was BJ who had just been killed. It was gut wrenching.

I'm not someone who gets a weepy over every little soap scene. Never have been. But I'm tearing up just thinking about that scene, here 28 years later.

by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2022 8:14 PM

Felicia is considered bubbly; not baby voiced. She does have some good acting moments but is mostly pretty which has its place.

She is an Aztec princess.

I wouldn’t say network interference was the culprit of her absence; more that she wasn’t connected to sonny. She was lazily written off as visiting her grandmother for years and, when she returned, was treated like the bad mother she was written to be. A La lucky Spencer if he ever returns.

She is a nice connection to history, explains why we tolerate Maxie’s mediocrity, should be more involved with Kevin/Ryan, and is welcome any time.

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2022 8:15 PM

When Brian Frons took over at ABC Daytime head in 2002, Kristina Wagner was 40 years old. Frons decided she was no longer a viable leading lady and they shouldn't write for Felicia anymore, aside from an occasional supporting appearance.

Same thing happened with Jackie Zeman who was turning 50 about the time Frons took over. Frons said Bobbie should no longer be considered a main character and should be supporting only. He likely would have written her out entirely but Bobbie is Carly's mother.

Of course, no longer having to write for Bobbie or Felicia suited Bob Guza just fine. More time to devote to his mob fantasies.

And of course given her track record for being supportive of female actresses, JFP wasn't going to stand up for Jackie Zeman or Kristina Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2022 8:26 PM

For R103

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 14, 2022 9:30 PM

It brought tears to my eyes, all these years later. Those were the days when soaps told stories that moved us. I miss those days.

by Anonymousreply 107January 14, 2022 11:16 PM

From her history, I’d say it’s on jfp at least as much as Brian frons. I.e. the show; not the network. Same difference that everyone was willing to abandon the genre, but jfp needs to claim her share of the blame.

by Anonymousreply 108January 14, 2022 11:28 PM

R105 I've said it before and I mean it, I try hard not to hate anyone, but I fucking loathe Brian Frons. And, if hell is real, I hope Satan and his minions take extra pleasure in roasting him for eternity. After all, thanks to DAYS, I'm sure the Devil is a soap fan.

It is stupid anyways, older characters male and female have always been the major drivers of soaps and are usually fan favorites that are missed by fans young and old when they aren't there. I'm sure his hatred of older actresses explains why OLTL was cancelled despite increasing in viewers, which is unusual. It is rare to cancel a soap that just posted an increase in viewers and such an event would usually save it for at least another season. But, the stars of OLTL were and remained Vicki and Dorian, no matter which younger newer actresses they brought on, they were the stars and there were nothing he could do about that other than cancelling the show. The only other actresses that were considered stars of OLTL were Blair and Tea, and they were at least in their 40s by the time it was cancelled. Star was liked but she wasn't a "star," she was liked because we watched her grow up on the show not because she was a great actress. The same was true about AMC, people wanted to see Erica Kane in front burner storylines, you couldn't sideline her into the grandmother Mona role, because the fans wouldn't accept it.

R108 JFP gets some blame, but she couldn't have been the bitch she was without support from Frons.

by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2022 11:30 PM

Hat Guy used to be on The Closer and Major Crimes. I hope he gets around to why he is in town by May Sweeps!

by Anonymousreply 110January 15, 2022 12:12 AM

Could Marcus Coloma's acting BE more lackluster?

by Anonymousreply 111January 15, 2022 12:24 AM

Esme always looks like she's ready to play tennis, dressed in an overly short dress with bare legs and white sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 112January 15, 2022 4:24 AM

Esme looked so skinny.

I wonder where they sourced Spencer’s green hoodie. I can’t tell if I want it for myself or if it just looked that good because it was on Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 113January 15, 2022 5:17 AM

Esme has siblings? This is the first we hear of that, right? Siblings aren't mentioned on soaps for no reason. hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 114January 15, 2022 6:51 AM

Jackie Zeman killed her own career by butchering her face! Yikes. She’s painful to watch to this day.

by Anonymousreply 115January 15, 2022 6:51 AM

Agreed, they don't suddenly mention relatives for no reason.

Perhaps the sibling is already in town. Perhaps Ryan is Esme's half brother.

by Anonymousreply 116January 15, 2022 8:27 AM

Duell follows Trump. That's fucking WACK.

by Anonymousreply 117January 15, 2022 9:36 AM

R101 She knocked THAT out of the park. Should've gotten an Emmy for that. God, she's so polarizing. I like her 50% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 118January 15, 2022 9:38 AM

Love her or hate her, but GH is in dire need of one of JFP's sweeps catastrophes that results in multiple character deaths.

by Anonymousreply 119January 15, 2022 9:51 AM

Thanks for the history lesson guys. Now I’m going to go down the video clip rabbit hole.

by Anonymousreply 120January 15, 2022 10:44 AM

IR said in his parting comments there are other "conservatives" on the show but they don't speak up. Duell wouldn't have been one of my guesses but good to know.

by Anonymousreply 121January 15, 2022 11:42 AM

I want Duelly’s dick of death inside me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 122January 15, 2022 2:21 PM

I appreciate that they toned down Duell’s highlights. Which were looking Kate Gosselin-y.

by Anonymousreply 123January 15, 2022 4:38 PM

Does Marcus know where Shelly Miscavige is?

by Anonymousreply 124January 15, 2022 5:45 PM

[quote]Does Marcus know where Shelly Miscavige is?

She's with me.

by Anonymousreply 125January 15, 2022 5:55 PM

Rumor has it that Coloma cums buckets.

by Anonymousreply 126January 15, 2022 7:34 PM

Familydick.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 15, 2022 11:45 PM

So who are they going to pair Britt up with now that Stone Cold is "presumed dead" and what about her bff Brad?

by Anonymousreply 128January 16, 2022 6:25 AM

Britt just brought up the fact that she, too, is a convicted felon. Wouldn't that mean that hanging out with her is a violation of Brad's parole, just like it was for Sam with Jason?

by Anonymousreply 129January 16, 2022 7:32 AM

Probably r129 but you know Britt would probably look for a way to see her bff Brad.

GH, Y&R and Days were nominated for a WGA award while B&B once again chose to not submit anything.

There probably are r121 and within the industry although there are many who aren't. For example there was a rumor that there was quite a number in the industry who felt disgusted by Days of Our Lives "Necktie Killer" storyline because they felt at that time the show and its head writers were promoting homophobia, misogyny and didn't stand up to the homophobes.I

I don't think Chad is a conservative because his possible alleged soon to be ex-wife is most certainly not but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 130January 16, 2022 10:57 AM

R130 maybe that's why they're divorcing. I could not stop thinking that Chad looks like Ellen in his wedding photos.

When I frequented the FrauCentral boards (perhaps some of you Dataloungers were writing there at the time), I remember a few comments talking about the then head writer (during the necktie killer storyline) as historically not favoring gay storylines. Then BAM, Will Horton became Ben's victim

by Anonymousreply 131January 16, 2022 11:16 AM

Britt & Drew. Might be a good pairing. Two tall drinks of water and ANYTHING to annoy Sam and her ridiculously big lips.

by Anonymousreply 132January 16, 2022 2:30 PM

Just how much weight did Genie gain during Covid. Between Laura, Maxie, and BLQ do they have to reinforce the floors on that set.

by Anonymousreply 133January 16, 2022 2:43 PM

R130 I’d love to know what it takes to get a WGA nom. Do they submit certain episodes?

by Anonymousreply 134January 16, 2022 6:43 PM

Britt and Drew make sense in terms of availability, looks match and age-appropriateness, but Drew is bland AF. I can't imagine anything remotely resembling witty banter between them, and Britt is all about the snark and the sass. She needs somebody with a little edge. As much of a directionless flop the character of Austin has been, those two actually worked pretty well together in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 135January 16, 2022 11:27 PM

Drew can say whatever he’s written to say. I think he has plenty of sarcasm potential.

by Anonymousreply 136January 17, 2022 1:04 AM

I like Britt with Austin. I can't believe they brought him back to stick him with Maxie. No one works with Maxie.

by Anonymousreply 137January 17, 2022 1:17 AM

They should put Britt with Valentin. Even if it's not romantic. They're the two best actors on the show.

by Anonymousreply 138January 17, 2022 1:50 AM

Fatso Epiphany is gonna get her smelly snatch eaten out by ugly hat guy. Come on Frank. Do better.

by Anonymousreply 139January 18, 2022 3:44 AM

I thought it was a little insulting that Epiphany and Hat Guy flirted by talking about prime rib.

by Anonymousreply 140January 18, 2022 5:19 AM

Insulting to who, the prime rib?

by Anonymousreply 141January 18, 2022 8:35 AM

Maurice has already instructed TPTB that Britt is to remain single until the Sonny/Nina story can be quickly wrapped up. MB is adamant that Sonny be paired with the show's most popular females, while any popular male threats (Morgan, Julian, ORDrew, Shiloh) be banished.

by Anonymousreply 142January 18, 2022 12:59 PM

Does Sonny have a big dick? I don't get it!

by Anonymousreply 143January 18, 2022 1:03 PM

R139 It is a bit more realistic than the previous fit, white bit who was previously paired with with the ‘Piph.

I would like to see a triangle by adding Phyllis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 18, 2022 1:03 PM

^^^white boy^^^^ not bit

by Anonymousreply 145January 18, 2022 1:04 PM

What if the hat guy is actually the mob boss that is coming into Port Charles. The one the ESPN guy warned Sonny about.

by Anonymousreply 146January 18, 2022 9:31 PM

R146 he is connected to it I’m sure but I don’t think he is the boss, after that call he had the other week in which he sounded agitated.

by Anonymousreply 147January 18, 2022 9:41 PM

would be a refreshing twist if hat guy was the (black) boss and not a minion.

by Anonymousreply 148January 18, 2022 9:52 PM

Whatever his deal, boss, lackey or informant, it sure seemed like Joey Novak recognized Hat. I'd say maybe he worked for Joe Novak, the elder, but that's east coast. The threat they keep referring to is west coast, so, who knows. Back in the day, the music industry was loaded with mob influence (much has been written), so they could easily create a plausible and compelling narrative for Hat's connection if they're smart enough to do so.

by Anonymousreply 149January 19, 2022 1:17 AM

But they are not smart enough.

by Anonymousreply 150January 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Who do you think Terry is going to match with on this new dating app? Chase? Scotty?

by Anonymousreply 151January 19, 2022 1:39 AM

Kristina?

Austin?

by Anonymousreply 152January 19, 2022 1:49 AM

[quote] MB is adamant that Sonny be paired with the show's most popular females

Who does he think he is, me?

by Anonymousreply 153January 19, 2022 1:51 AM

Any idea who was with Epiphany today?

No Hat…

by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2022 1:51 AM

[quote]Who do you think Terry is going to match with on this new dating app? Chase? Scotty?

[quote]Kristina? Austin?

I have a feeling whoever it is, it's going to lead to some very awkward situations. In the three seconds it took Portia to set up that profile, there's no way the topic of Terry's gender/sexuality was appropriately addressed. Is it even common knowledge at the hospital, or only to her close friends? To the best of my knowledge, it's never even been mentioned if she prefers to date guys or girls. I think the issue of surgical status would be too touchy for the show, but IRL the actress refers to herself as "transfeminine" as opposed to "transsexual," which would indicate no surgery.

by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2022 5:49 AM

R155 = What is the difference between transfeminine and transvestite?...

by Anonymousreply 156January 19, 2022 11:23 AM

WTF - the date of the head nurse at General Hospital has an attack at dinner and she sits on her fat ass and yells for someone to help. If Hamilton and Liz were not in the same restaurant would she have just ordered dessert and watched him die?

by Anonymousreply 157January 19, 2022 1:03 PM

^Of course dessert first. Yum. Don’t interrupt me while I’m having cannoli and tiramisu.

by Anonymousreply 158January 19, 2022 3:16 PM

R155 I'm guessing Kristina.

I never bought her "fluid sexuality" because she was so boy crazy as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 159January 19, 2022 3:40 PM

Maybe Terry will match with Harmony setting up a little triangle between Alexis/Harmony/Terry.

by Anonymousreply 160January 19, 2022 3:53 PM

Terry and Britt. Not sure who has the bigger dick.

by Anonymousreply 161January 19, 2022 3:56 PM

Now that the baby is gone, I don't see what else they can do with Sasha and Brando.

by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2022 5:18 PM

Brando seems in line to become Sonny's new hitman.

Sasha likely will just become a recurring character connected to the Deception plotline.

Character most likely to be written out fairly soon is Gladys. But they likely won't giver her a goodbye scene. She'll likely just fade into the woodwork like so many others have.

by Anonymousreply 163January 19, 2022 5:43 PM

Brando will serve the purpose that Jason once did.

by Anonymousreply 164January 19, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote]I'm guessing Kristina. I never bought her "fluid sexuality" because she was so boy crazy as a teen.

I think that, personality-wise, Kristina would be the most likely to be accepting of an alternative sexual situation, but she seems like such a child compared to Terry.

[quote]What is the difference between transfeminine and transvestite?...

This is a bit over simplified, but the Cliff Notes version: Transvestite = dress up only. Often still present as male part time. Can even be straight men with a fetish who still prefer sex with women. Transfeminine = feels strongly identified with female characteristics and living female full time, but comfortable enough with their bio-maleness to not feel the need for full trans surgery (transsexual).

by Anonymousreply 165January 19, 2022 7:44 PM

If we're going to talk about recasting, can we recast Drew Cain.

Cameron Mathison may be a decent actor, but I'm already tired of his eternally perky and bright eyed approach to every scene.

Drew is a dark character with a dark past. You'd never know that from Mathison's portrayal.

by Anonymousreply 166January 19, 2022 9:00 PM

GH should beg Miller to come back as Drew. I really liked him, although it was not with Sam that I liked him. I don't like Sam with anyone, and certainly not with Carly. I don't like Carly with anyone either. My favorite Drew pairing was with his adopted brother Franco. He actually got a little acting out of RH. I say fuck that no rapist shit because they'd take Luke back in a heartbeat, besides Franco has that brain tumor excuse and change RH back into Franco, just before Liz and Finn are about to marry, and build up a story between the two brothers, revisit the Franco being raped as a kid. That extreme kind of tragic story seemed to get even RH to put a little effort into his acting. At the same time Drew too can be suffering PTSD from any number of things he's been through. Not every man on the show has to have a love interest, female or male. I would also be thrilled to see Dr. O and Scott's reaction to Franco returning and Liz's kids.

by Anonymousreply 167January 19, 2022 9:10 PM

Franco is DEAD. Even RH's return as Austin had all of Franco's interactions not even giving him a second look. No resemblance to Franco is acknowledged.

by Anonymousreply 168January 19, 2022 10:42 PM

No rapists allowed, but mob leaders and hit men who have committed murder are presented as heroes. I marvel at the producers' lack of logic.

by Anonymousreply 169January 19, 2022 11:02 PM

The Carly Show is tiresome. Laura Wright thinks she’s Sarah Jessica Parker.

by Anonymousreply 170January 20, 2022 4:06 AM

“I do not bray”!!!

by Anonymousreply 171January 20, 2022 4:18 AM

You could be right r159 unless they bring on someone new for Terry.

by Anonymousreply 172January 20, 2022 5:17 AM

[quote] Character most likely to be written out fairly soon is Gladys.

I disagree. Plus, she hasn't taken revenge on BLQ yet, who she still thinks is responsible for the death of her grandchild. I'm certain she hasn't forgotten that. If I was writing it Gladys would launch an all out attack on BLQ. And, in the middle of her attacks, Spencer while working at Ava's Gallery would discover video files that show it was Esme who locked them in and caused the problems.

It is clear that will have to come out at some point. They made it a plot point that it was caused by them being locked in the room preventing access to medical attention. There is no way that is just going to be left dangling.

by Anonymousreply 173January 20, 2022 5:58 AM

Good points r173. I think you're right.

by Anonymousreply 174January 20, 2022 6:03 AM

Hey Guys. West coast here. Today's episode was preempted because of Biden's speech. They joined "in progress" the second to last scene.....Please fill me in on any major development, especially what bad news is being delivered to Elizabeth. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 175January 20, 2022 6:29 AM

r175 the episode is now available on ABC On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 176January 20, 2022 7:45 AM

[quote]Please fill me in on any major development, especially what bad news is being delivered to Elizabeth. Thanks.

That was the cliffhanger at the end, so we don't know yet. Maybe something about Audrey, or Hayden?

by Anonymousreply 177January 20, 2022 8:07 AM

The bad news is that Liz's scrubs have been let out as much as possible, and she'll have to buy larger ones.

by Anonymousreply 178January 20, 2022 9:14 AM

Liz gets the bad news that deadbeat daddy Lucky still wants nothing to do with her or her kids. And he still ain't paying a dime in child support. No wonder Aiden and the rest of Liz's kids are a mess. GH really ruined that character. Lucky is a villain and mobster Sonny is the hero?

by Anonymousreply 179January 20, 2022 9:26 AM

Wait. So Alexis is a lezzy now??? WTF.

by Anonymousreply 180January 20, 2022 11:25 AM

I’m thinking maybe the bad news is that Terry went on a dating app hookup and got bashed when they found out they have dick.

by Anonymousreply 181January 20, 2022 12:15 PM

Is the Curtis actor gay (out DL) in real life? And what's the air playing his dad's name?

by Anonymousreply 182January 20, 2022 12:33 PM

Yes, the Curtis actor is an out homo.

by Anonymousreply 183January 20, 2022 2:05 PM

Link r183?

by Anonymousreply 184January 20, 2022 3:45 PM

The Curtis actor is NOT gay. He lives in my neighborhood. I often see him with his wife (or gf?) and they are very lovey-dovey. He also seems to be gay-friendly in that non-threatening way straight guys are when completely comfortable with their sexuality. In fact, they're a very hot couple. I'd say she's hotter than Portia and the second Jordan, but not the first.

by Anonymousreply 185January 20, 2022 5:47 PM

So it seems Liz is being gaslighted. Victor would be an obvious suspect since it seems to be connected to tanking Peter's case, but how would he find out all these personal details to exploit? Bug on her phone? I wonder if Cam's past as a fire bug is going to be raised now, too. Spencer would have known about that.

by Anonymousreply 186January 20, 2022 10:53 PM

Does anyone know what Jessica Tuck is up to? Because remember when we last saw her character she was being spirited away by a Cassadine, presumably Victor. She had a thing for Dr. Finn and his brain. So I could see her orchestrating something to drive Elizabeth and Finn apart. If Victor is in PC, it would be wise to assume Cassandra is as well, we just haven't seen her. She was also a drug kingpin, maybe she is the one coming after Sonny? They've never really put the Cassadines up against the mob, I've always thought they were the only group that might destroy Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 187January 20, 2022 11:40 PM

R 170 no one is that bad!

by Anonymousreply 188January 20, 2022 11:44 PM

Didn't Valentin blow up Cassandra on a boat?

by Anonymousreply 189January 20, 2022 11:51 PM

R189 Sorry I forgot that came after the previous thing. But, there was no body recovered so she is probably still out there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2022 12:32 AM

Looks like most of tomorrow's show takes place on the Haunted Star. Maybe Cassandra (or some part of her) will float by for an appearance

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2022 1:19 AM

Luke "dead" has all the signs of a February Sweeps return (probably with Holly and Ethan)...I am calling it.

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2022 1:43 AM

I had to laugh at someone saying a character on this show is dead, meaning can no longer ever be part of this show. I think it was in reference to Franco. No character is ever really dead on this show and can always come back unless the actor dies in real life, and even then. They can bring back, Steve, Jessie, Amy, The Qs and no one would even bat an eye.

by Anonymousreply 193January 21, 2022 2:24 AM

So now hat guy has two major secrets, where he was and what he was up to all those years and his health? They're expecting us to do a lot of caring about this character that hardly anyone cares about.

Also did you catch the look on Epifini's (sp???) face when that POS doctor put her down for being a nurse daring to question a doctor? Bet that Epif if soon on her way to medical school. She'll probably get through it in a few months and become a doctor by summer, fall at the latest. Actually, I'd like to see her become a doctor and have some decent air time.

by Anonymousreply 194January 21, 2022 2:28 AM

Can you imagine being around Epifany when she farts????

by Anonymousreply 195January 21, 2022 2:37 AM

The smell of a fat person's fart is no worse than that of a thin person. I've been around both. It really depends on what kind of food, mostly what kind of spice they eat. Actually people who eat a lot of veggies, especially in the cabbage family have some really nasty ones and those people are usually quite thin.

by Anonymousreply 196January 21, 2022 3:00 AM

If, as some have speculated in the past, Cassandra has been memory mapped with Helena's brain, that would mean that Valentin has effectively fucked his own mother. Or, if she turned out to really be Helena's daughter Cassandra that she supposedly killed, he fucked his own sister. I don't know if that's more Shakespearean or Appalachian!

by Anonymousreply 197January 21, 2022 5:26 AM

I loved Megan Gordon and Jessica Tuck....I would love to see JT back on canvas...Unconfirmed rumors are circulating that Victors evil WIFE is coming to town.

by Anonymousreply 198January 21, 2022 5:58 AM

I sort of envisioned Victor and Ava having an affair, though it probably would be under duress of blackmail or manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 199January 21, 2022 7:50 AM

I recently saw the Epiphany actress in an episode of The Drew Carey Show. She was already a huge talent in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 200January 21, 2022 11:54 AM

[quote]Unconfirmed rumors are circulating that Victors evil WIFE is coming to town.

This would be excellent. *Paging Susan Lucci*

by Anonymousreply 201January 21, 2022 12:18 PM

It would be nice to see Erika Slezak as a Helena-type character.

by Anonymousreply 202January 21, 2022 12:23 PM

Eva and Victor would make a fiery couple and I would be here for that. I hate her with MC - looks like his mother.

by Anonymousreply 203January 21, 2022 1:07 PM

No chemistry between MW and MC either, why Maura insists on going to bat for this guy and keeping him around is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 204January 21, 2022 1:14 PM

Maybe MW wants new meat. Her real life hubby does nothing.

by Anonymousreply 205January 21, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote]It would be nice to see Erika Slezak as a Helena-type character.

Jean Randolph as the hard-as-nails big boss!

by Anonymousreply 206January 21, 2022 6:22 PM

[quote]Unconfirmed rumors are circulating that Victors evil WIFE is coming to town.

Ugh, is this what Jennifer Smith's reappearance is about? Tying the mob war and the never-ending Cassadine world dominance plot together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 21, 2022 9:21 PM

Yeah, because we ALL know that Luke is dead. SMH. Come on daytime. Do better!

by Anonymousreply 208January 21, 2022 9:23 PM

was today Luke's special episode?

by Anonymousreply 209January 21, 2022 9:24 PM

Janice Dickinson IS Jennifer Smith.

by Anonymousreply 210January 21, 2022 9:55 PM

At least if she was still being played by Sally Struthers, we would all know that she probably swallowed Luke whole.

by Anonymousreply 211January 21, 2022 10:50 PM

Didn't Roseanne play Jennifer Smith for an episode or two circa 1994 or 1995?

by Anonymousreply 212January 21, 2022 10:59 PM

R210 Thank you. I was like, who the fuck is this? I’ve heard of Janice but don’t care one way or the other. Soaps are reaching at straws. As if daytime is going to get new viewers because Janice Dickinson is doing a soap opera. The medium is dead.

by Anonymousreply 213January 21, 2022 11:02 PM

Jennifer Smith is not the big sweeps return. Looks like there's a major sweeps return planned for Feb.

by Anonymousreply 214January 21, 2022 11:21 PM

Tony Geary is back in Feb.

by Anonymousreply 215January 22, 2022 12:58 AM

....but what about ABC's "no rapists" mandate?

by Anonymousreply 216January 22, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote]....but what about ABC's "no rapists" mandate?

With any luck, they decided that raping the viewers' intelligence was also a consideration.

by Anonymousreply 217January 22, 2022 1:46 AM

Tony's return is certainly going to be a short run. Tracy's tribute today started with a mention that Luke shouldn't be considered a hero. Likely the first time this has been said in the history of the show

by Anonymousreply 218January 22, 2022 2:03 AM

R212 yes she appeared in 3 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 219January 22, 2022 2:06 AM

Old Man Sonny in a bar fight?....Gimme a break. MB is the worst thing that ever happened to GH...Thank God Jason is gone too.

by Anonymousreply 220January 22, 2022 3:54 AM

Phyllis made a cool $45 tip

by Anonymousreply 221January 22, 2022 4:48 AM

Dear Nicholas Chavez - run far far far away from Nellie Branco as fast as you can!

by Anonymousreply 222January 22, 2022 5:03 AM

No Liz and Lucy and Lucas at the funeral? None of Lukes grandkids? Helena was right. He really was pathetic. Genie is probably thrilled to never have to partner with TG again.

by Anonymousreply 223January 22, 2022 5:13 AM

Will any one of these geniuses ever bother to watch the rest of the Helena video? You would think at least Anna or Dante would have wanted to take it and examine it as evidence. And how do you get a big screen TV delivered and installed completely undetected? On a boat, no less, which is a lot more complicated having to transfer it off of the launch and all that.

by Anonymousreply 224January 22, 2022 5:21 AM

R224 = Judging from Spencers reaction to the Ice Princess I wouldn't be surprised if he watches it. Or it will just be another dropped GH plot....FYI = When Luke left in 2015 he left a letter to Laura. She never opened it onscreen. I have often wondered what was in it. I was halfway expecting her to reference it in this episode but of course not.

by Anonymousreply 225January 22, 2022 5:28 AM

No Jackie Templeton? No Skye? No Heather? And married Felicia pursued Luke while he was married to Laura. And yet she was there? Who invited that mistress? Guess the writers missed that. BTW = What the hell with the Haunted Star. Is it just sitting there off the dock collecting dust? The room Ava and Nik and Spencer went to looked like a cheap motel room. Victor Sheffield is really ridiculous. Why not bring back Stavros? But then again RKK can act circles around Spanish Nick. RKK and Ava would be interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 22, 2022 7:45 AM

Yeah, why were none of Luke's grandchildren there? He's done so much for them. Especially the one he drunkenly ran over in a van

by Anonymousreply 227January 22, 2022 11:55 AM

First of all, the character isn't even dead. Second of all it's a TV show with a budget and no money to bring back God and country for a fake funeral. The question you all should be asking is why would the writers come up with this story for a character that's been off screen for years. This bunch has clearly run out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 228January 22, 2022 12:30 PM

R227 = FUNNY = (2015) Luke goes to Cassadine Island to see Helena. Jake comes in and drives his remote car into Lukes feet.....Helena says "How fitting that Jake hit YOU with HIS car"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 22, 2022 12:39 PM

I liked the Julianna Margulies drag impersonator they got to play Jennifer Smith.

by Anonymousreply 230January 22, 2022 12:44 PM

I hope they connect Zander smith with Jennifer smith. Cameron related to another family!

by Anonymousreply 231January 22, 2022 12:49 PM

Could Jennifer be the mother of Esme?...Zander Smith was really Zander Lewis....It's complicated. He probably isn't related to Jennifer. Interesting idea though...

by Anonymousreply 232January 22, 2022 1:17 PM

I'm guessing Jennifer Smith is now Mrs. Victor Cassadine.

Is there a shortage of aspiring actors in L.A.? Frank couldn't get a Lucas for the day. What is he doing with that surplus from Steve's departure.

by Anonymousreply 233January 22, 2022 1:28 PM

I refuse to believe Luke is dead but Tony isn’t in good health according to his husband’s IG. He’s not coming back any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 234January 22, 2022 1:59 PM

Variety did a story on Luke's death. Do they normally cover iffy soap opera deaths? Or do they have an inside source that confirmed he is really and truly dead? I don't think ABC or FV will come right out and publicly say "Yes we are purging all our famous rapists past and present."

by Anonymousreply 235January 22, 2022 2:29 PM

Variety also mentioned Peter’s “death” so…

by Anonymousreply 236January 22, 2022 3:35 PM

r236

I did not know that. That gives me some hope February sweeps will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 237January 22, 2022 3:51 PM

I kept thinking that giant picture of Luke was some kind of fuck you to Genie. She really is the ultimate good sport.

by Anonymousreply 238January 22, 2022 4:04 PM

Why is Miss Valentini still employed? We can change our President every 4 or 8 years but we can’t fire Miss Frank because no one else but him in this whole world knows how to handle a soap opera budget? WTF.

by Anonymousreply 239January 22, 2022 4:45 PM

Since we're getting close to the point where we usually get paywalled, here's the new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240January 22, 2022 6:49 PM

Scotty getting hit by the ashes and Helena explaining parvenu to the class cracked me up yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 241January 22, 2022 7:14 PM

There were some pretty clever cracks and snarks in there. Anybody notice who wrote this one?

by Anonymousreply 242January 22, 2022 7:31 PM

Sorry to hear about reports of TG ill health. The show usually waits to kill off a long running character until the actor dies in real life and it does seem strange that they started a storyline about Luke after not talking about him for years.

This now looks like it could be a send me my flowers when I'm alive tribute, with the possibility that he could make an appearance if his health improves

by Anonymousreply 243January 22, 2022 8:51 PM

[quote]Variety did a story on Luke's death. Do they normally cover iffy soap opera deaths? Or do they have an inside source that confirmed he is really and truly dead? I don't think ABC or FV will come right out and publicly say "Yes we are purging all our famous rapists past and present."

Here's the Variety story that r235 mentioned but didn't provide a link to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 22, 2022 9:23 PM

I remember he had severe back problems when he left GH.

by Anonymousreply 245January 22, 2022 10:26 PM

Genie, Tristan, don't believe he is really dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 22, 2022 10:40 PM

In regards to TG's health and ability to travel: I imagine they could even do a few things locally at a production studio in Amsterdam and edit it in. It could especially work if it was just shots of him alone in a cell or with a random guard or two. Emma Samms could be worked into it, too (if that's the direction they're going in) as it's a lot easier to hop from London to Amsterdam than it is to go all the way to LA.

by Anonymousreply 247January 23, 2022 5:36 AM

I really wanted to see the rest of Helena's video.

by Anonymousreply 248January 23, 2022 9:57 AM

R248 = Me too. Funny how Laura didn't want to hear the rest of it. There was always the rumors of Laura being pregnant with twins and one of them was Nik..This would have been the perfect time for Helena to have revealed it...I like Laura but she did sleep with both of Helena's sons so I really don't see how Laura thinks she has the high road.. And Laura Cassadine also used to go shopping in the finest shops of Greece and spent plenty of Cassadine money (Helena has thrown it up in Lauras face in the past). Laura willingly married Stavros---LINK....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 23, 2022 10:09 AM

r244

You sound pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 250January 23, 2022 11:18 AM

What happened to the nuLucas recast?

by Anonymousreply 251January 23, 2022 1:11 PM

Frankie Valentini dumped him after their one night stand.

by Anonymousreply 252January 23, 2022 1:18 PM

How do you figure r238??

I thought is sucked how they ended the episode on Sonny and Snaggletooth. It should have ended with Laura’s goodbye to Luke.

by Anonymousreply 253January 23, 2022 1:44 PM

R249 That was wayyy before my time BUT I would love to watch those episodes--not on my PC. I wish Pluto would run OLD episodes of GH and Y&R instead of Y&R from 5 years ago. I mean...who re-watches episodes from 2018?

by Anonymousreply 254January 24, 2022 9:18 AM

R254 Surprisingly, in the US, it is much easier to find classic episodes of the British soap Emmerdale than it is to find American ones. You can find seasons of Emmerdale from the 1990s-present day on several free streaming services. How can they manage it but the US soaps can't. And, it isn't just music rights, because I've seen older episodes of it that included popular music, on the radio or in the background of the pub.

by Anonymousreply 255January 24, 2022 7:51 PM

I don’t know why the show is pushing Sonny and Carly as a couple when they’ve never had chemistry with Laura Wright in the role.

by Anonymousreply 256January 24, 2022 11:05 PM

Well, LW's been on the show for 16 years paired with Sonny. Maybe they'll figure it out in another 16 years

by Anonymousreply 257January 25, 2022 2:37 AM

Laura had decent chemistry with Ingo, but they didn't leave Carly and Jax paired for too long.

Laura also had great chemistry with Sean Kanan, but show didn't want to explore Carly and AJ either.

by Anonymousreply 258January 25, 2022 6:40 AM

R258 She also had chemistry with Todd and later Franco. But, because of the character's history the Franco relationship didn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 259January 25, 2022 2:40 PM

So, did the show blow its budget for recurring characters on Friday?

Lucas was missing. Lucy was missing. Ned wasn't there to support his mother.

Monica was never close with Luke, but you'd think she'd show up support her sister-in-law.

At least they had Scorpio there. And very clever having Luke's ashes blow in Scotty's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 260January 25, 2022 3:49 PM

R260 Yes, Monica was a stupid omission. He did live in HER HOUSE for years. She should've been there for Tracy AND Bobbie. Monica and Bobbie have been shown to be friends but they are also long time colleagues. Ned's absence also was notable. Also, what about Elizabeth and his grandson Jake or his adopted grandson Cameron? It was also strange to hear Spencer describe Luke the way he did, considering his name comes from him.

I loved seeing Helena again. Constance Towers seems to be in great health and I hope this isn't the last we've seen of her.

I wonder, since they are building up a huge mob story and Tracy is back in town, will there be any mention of her time as the head of a mafia family?

Jennifer Smith is an interesting character, she was first played by the actress Lisa Marie who later married Tim Burton, then she was played by Sally Struthers and Roseanne before the current actress Holly Gagnier took over the role in 2015. Gagnier was one of the actresses that played Cassie on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 261January 25, 2022 4:23 PM

R261 It was a different Lisa Marie who was with Tim Burton. I don't think they ever married.

by Anonymousreply 262January 25, 2022 6:16 PM

A huge mob story? GH does huge sets and small payoffs.

by Anonymousreply 263January 25, 2022 7:12 PM

I can’t watch Holly Gagnier with that terrible hack job on her face.

by Anonymousreply 264January 25, 2022 7:15 PM

I called it above. I still think HAT guy is the mobster sniffing around Port Charles. Jennifer Smith's call was to him. Just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 265January 25, 2022 7:22 PM

Maxie: "I'm not pregnant"

Victor: "My apologies. You're just fat then."

by Anonymousreply 266January 25, 2022 7:33 PM

R262 You are right google just brought up both and mixed them together. I didn't realize there were so many actresses with that name. The Burton one didn't marry him they were just "partners."

by Anonymousreply 267January 25, 2022 7:51 PM

Boy, oh, boy, Alexis and Harmony's scene today came off like a couple of star-crossed lovers whose families won't let them be together. Shades of Romeo and Juliet. And tell me the writers weren't trolling us with that bit about Alexis and the Port Charles women's basketball team named The PRIDE!

by Anonymousreply 268January 25, 2022 10:40 PM

Did anybody get a clear look at the label on Esme's pill bottle? Sort of look like "Tramazone" which might be a mash-up of Trazodone and Tramadol. The way they showed them right next to a brand new smartphone makes me think her plan is to get somebody knocked out and post compromising pictures online through a burner so she can't be connected.

by Anonymousreply 269January 25, 2022 11:37 PM

Trina and Cameron are going to fuck. Esme will photograph it and show Joss. Chaos ensues.

by Anonymousreply 270January 25, 2022 11:39 PM

My Theory = Jennifer is working with a (very much alive) Julian Jerome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271January 26, 2022 12:11 AM

@270 Then what would the pills be for? Knocked out people can't fuck, but they sure can be unclothed and arranged to look like they did....

by Anonymousreply 272January 26, 2022 12:13 AM

Nothing interesting ever happens with the GH teens...Every couple of years their latest Gay Friend (who pretends to be straight) kicks the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 273January 26, 2022 5:46 AM

R273 The point is they aren't "teens" anymore. They are now in college. Spencer and Esme are sexually active and Cam and Joss are suspected to be by their mothers. This will probably be the storyline where they fully transition from teen to young adult storylines.

by Anonymousreply 274January 26, 2022 2:25 PM

Hmmm. I was 17-18-19 in college. Pretty sure college can be teens.

by Anonymousreply 275January 26, 2022 10:24 PM

R275 Yes they are teens but from a story stand point you are allowed, on soaps, to do more with the characters once they reach college age than you are when they are in high school, especially in today's climate. They are still teens but are considered young adults. Just like an 18 year old is still a teen but can join the military and fight and kill for the country.

Also, apparently this thread is now paywalled and people are on the other thread now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 26, 2022 10:30 PM

R276 meet R240.

Teens are teens.

by Anonymousreply 277January 26, 2022 10:53 PM

R277 except they aren't. Write a show about high school teens having sex and doing drugs, like Skins, and you are accused of child pornography. Set the show in college with 18 year-olds and you are fine. There is a difference between how high schoolers are allowed to be portrayed and how college students are portrayed.

At 18, society has decided you are an adult. 17 and below you are a child. Just like you can go out and have all the sex you want with an 18 year old, but below that you can't in most instances.

And, I know R240 posted that in anticipation of the thread being paywalled. I was just announcing it is currently paywalled because those of us who are subscribers do not know when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 278January 26, 2022 11:04 PM

R278

by Anonymousreply 279January 27, 2022 12:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!