Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax: Part 3 Chrissy Metz Sings

Link to Part 2 Below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 24, 2021 2:49 AM

Let's dedicate this thread to our mascot, The Salad.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2021 11:19 PM

The jury would have ruled the salad was fit only for mangy rabbits

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2021 11:25 PM

What, no link to an ugly looking court artist's rendering of Jussie or his mama who looked like she just came in from a grocery run?

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2021 11:30 PM

I hate that I laughed at this thread title. FU OP ๐Ÿ˜…

Jussie's goose is cooked. Good. All I really want to know is why he did this.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote] All I really want to know is why he did this.

bitch be crazy

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2021 11:37 PM

R4 Junkie thought itโ€™d score some money, no logic to be found

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2021 11:41 PM

Fame baby fame ! Everyone would be backing him ,feeling so bad for poor wittle juss, WHAT A SPECTACULAR BACKFIRE !

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2021 11:46 PM

Jussie must be fit to be tied. Probably screaming his fool head off, calling everyone a racist, etc.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2021 12:03 AM

[quote]Martha Stewart was busted for insider trading. I worked a bit at the SEC. There are THOUSANDS of good leads every month: Who they choose to take down is highly political.

Same with Jussie. It was highly political. He was framed by two Nigerian hoods and the Trump machine. Gay4Pay is real. And those brothers just got a HUGE raise. They seduced him, befriended him, sexually teased him and robbed him. Then they beat him up and FRAMED him.

Luckily Jussie will do no time and can begin to put this unpleasant injustice behind him now. His musical career is not over and he looks a decade younger than his age. He's going to be fine, with time.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ

Notice what he was NOT found guilty of ?!?

Because The Nigerian Brothers lied. PERJURED themselves. They don't have to let disgusting homosexuals touch them anymore. They've been PAID.

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2021 12:08 AM

Oh yeah ! Everyone will be racist now, the prosecuters, the judge , the jury, the media.

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2021 12:10 AM

R9 Needs a nice loooong nap in Bellevue

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2021 12:11 AM

Glancing at The Root there isn't a single mention of Jussie. Very curious.

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2021 12:13 AM

I miss the updates from Christopher Wray!

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Yeah, poor r9. A tad delusional.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2021 12:14 AM

Does anyone have a link to a story that has a photo of Mama Smollett arriving at court?

I understand her hair situation wasn't worthy of going to the store.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2021 12:14 AM

R13 Agree, it's not a Jussie thread without him.

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2021 12:15 AM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray to Speak on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation at 9:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2021 12:16 AM

On his ipod...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2021 12:20 AM

Will he ever go to another Subway to get his tuna?

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2021 12:53 AM

This guilty verdict will allow Kamala to cut all ties with Jussie, as she was waiting for the facts to unfold.

It could mean a big boost to her favorability numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2021 12:54 AM

Miss Thang got caught up! Lol..she ainโ€™t half as smart as she thinks she is. How fucking stupid was all this?!? She began to believe huh own press. ๐Ÿ™„

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2021 1:01 AM

Maybe her White half will exert privilege and get probation?

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2021 1:02 AM

Did Jussie speak to the press afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2021 1:08 AM

If you mean crying into his blankie r23, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2021 1:09 AM

Dave Chappelle's take on the case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2021 1:11 AM

Local Chicago news reports JS's defense team plans to appeal.

by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2021 3:03 AM

#Justice4Jussie

by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2021 3:05 AM

Chappelle nails it.

by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2021 3:27 AM

If only he had put in more rehearsal time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2021 4:02 AM

There goes her Empire.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2021 4:47 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2021 7:15 AM

Looks like this thread is turning into a "right wingers obsess over other black people" one. Maybe stop being such leaking cunts and focus on Jussie rather than the other black people you coincidentally hate?

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2021 7:36 AM

R32 This is a juicy ( no pun intended) case in which a celebrity, albeit B list, torpedoed his own career vis an outlandish and over the top hoax, and one which various politicians bought hook, line, and sinker. Of coincidence we are going to talk about it and it isnโ€™t an anti Black thing.

Where is your concern for the African brothers that he threw under the bus?

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2021 8:46 AM

[quote]Where is your concern for the African brothers that he threw under the bus?

Eggs ACTLY!

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2021 9:03 AM

What an asshole. Buh bye Jussie. Youโ€™re done. Fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2021 9:24 AM

Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2021 9:48 AM

R3 you and the handful of others here are just gleefully posting the same shit over and over hoping for some fallout for the politicians/celebrities (many of them) that believed him at first. Newsflash: no matter how hard you wish for it, there won't be. They were embarassed and that's that. Similar to the many, many Republican politicians who have chummy photos with convicted pedophile Josh Duggar.

It happened in the middle of the whole "Believe women/victims" craze. No one thought (initially) he would be stupid enough to torpedo his successful on-the-way-up career with a faked hate crime. I don't think it's any big deal, but you people are pretending (totally disengenuously, I might add) that they promoted it a lot more than they actually did. It was news for a few weeks, some politicians tried to use it to push for an anti-lynching law (not a bad thing!) and it started to unravel after that.

It's just tiresome and obvious what you're doing. People mentioning every black celebrity and politician they can think of, pretending that they all supported him and then gleefully masturbating to the thought.

Isn't there enough to unravel with the actual case and his family without the constant right wing memeing? You guys know that Fox News has been promoting this for the past week over the Ghislaine Maxwell trial (which is a much worse case) because they know their viewers love to see black people put in their place, right? Maybe don't play so directly to stereotype for once?

He's saying he's going to appeal the ruling, so it should be interesting enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2021 11:04 AM

[quote] Black hating homophobe Don Lemom turns on Jussie

Sad. Lemon was his las friend.

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2021 11:05 AM

So, what happens now? Did Jussie give up his passport? Is he on house arrest? Will he try a runner?

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2021 12:57 PM

R37 well said. All the people gleefully saying they knew it was a hoax from the beginning would have probably thought it was even if it was real.

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2021 1:11 PM

R32 is this you jussie ?!

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2021 1:56 PM

Sure r41โ€ฆ r32 is telling people to stop hating on other black people and focus just on Jussie, so it has to be Jussie.๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2021 2:57 PM

If he goes to prison, will his cellmate be Subway's perverted former spokesman, Jared Fogle?

WTF is in those Subway sammiches anyway? It certainly isn't meat, but whatever it is apparently makes people do weird things.

Maybe it's time for a class action lawsuit?

Did Subway make you a race hoaxer during a Polar Vortex?

Did Subway make you uncontollably lust after adolescent girls?

If so, call '1-800-Bullshit' to join the lawsuit to make the true villain behind all of these crimes pay the price for their evilness: SUBWAY! (They probably started Covid in a Subway kitchen, too).

#TEAMJUSSIEandJARED! #Fighttherealvillain #StopSubway #NoTunaNoPeace! #NoTunaNoPieceofAss!

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2021 3:06 PM

r20 is a Peter Doocy fangurl!

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2021 3:11 PM

He's so outrageous!

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2021 4:09 PM

Of course he will appeal - Jussie will fight the fuck back!

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2021 5:26 PM

Elle Fanning IS Jussie in the biopic!

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2021 5:46 PM

Elliott Page is the salad.

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2021 6:07 PM

It doesn't have to make sense if it follows The Agenda!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2021 6:14 PM

If this asshole keeps appealing and not taking any responsibility or owning up to his lies, heโ€™s a moron. We all know the truth Jussie. Own up to it. Blame drugs, blame alcohol, go get treatment. But OWN it. That is the only way you will ever get a second chance. Continuing to be arrogant and lying just makes everyone hate you more. You were found guilty. Everyone, including you Jussie, knows that you are guilty.

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2021 7:00 PM

The most recent episode of Bari Weiss' podcast was very interesting and dealt with hate crime hoaxes, including Jussie's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2021 7:34 PM

R48 Haven't I been through enough? Take that back!

That mess can be the tuna sub. Far more fitting.

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2021 7:38 PM

r50 it's too late now.

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2021 7:39 PM

I love how out of all the little in jokes and stuff we had on the old Jussie threads, that The Salad (bitch has earned those caps) and the Christopher Wray bulletin have been the two to live on. Those threads were fun, and I am SO fucking happy that shitweasel was found guilty.

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2021 7:48 PM

Heh, so true r54. In fact, I think The Salad needs its own lawyer, and its own posse if this nonsense continues.

by Anonymousreply 55December 10, 2021 8:29 PM

The Jussie threads were fun because we KNEW from day one how grossly he was bullshitting the world and how delicious would be his comeuppance The Salad was however no more than a bit player in this drama. Jussie fought for the Sammich. The recovery of the stale salad was only an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2021 8:37 PM

I hope he tries to bribe his way to probation and gets caught.

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2021 8:39 PM

The Jussie Smollett threads were, not unlike this one - just one poster talking to himself. Answering his own posts from several devices. Upvoting his own inanities. Sad really. That he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2021 8:46 PM

I hope he stages a prison riot r57, featuring Nigerian brothers, cousins, and randos if at all possible.

Save Jussie!

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2021 8:56 PM

JFC, This is going to drag on forever. They haven't even set a date for his sentencing hearing, so I guess he gets to stay home, do his drugs, eat his subs, and masturbate to his scenes in Empire for god knows how much longer:

Smollett will next face sentencing in the case, but a date for the hearing has not yet been set.

On the five charges that Smollett was convicted of, he could face up to three years in prison on each count, according to Illinois law.

Still, experts have said throughout the trial that due to his lack of criminal history and the fact that no one was seriously injured, it seems unlikely that he will end up serving jail time.

The punishments for a Class 4 felony can also include probation and community service, which will be more likely outcomes in any sentencing hearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] dazzlingly, Fox News, which has obsessively covered the Jussie Smollett case

The news media have become obsessive about covering all these trials. It makes money. Not exactly a Dem or Repug thing.

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]The news media have become obsessive about covering all these trials. It makes money. Not exactly a Dem or Repug thing.

Only Fox was covering the Juicy saga. MSNBC and CNN were ignoring it, because it doesnโ€™t fit their narrative.

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2021 10:00 PM

I think we need a name for our kooky band of amiable pranksters. How about The Tiny Noose Players?

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2021 10:02 PM

so you will admit it fits the Fox narrative r62? Black people love to lie and all white people are perpetually innocent?

Actually, I wonder who is covering poor little Ghislaine Maxwell. There's a bitch who knows way too much about way too many people.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2021 10:02 PM

[quote]Black people love to lie and all white people are perpetually innocent?

Black Lies Matter.

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2021 10:15 PM

Do White Lies ever matter, r65? Or is that just a gimme?

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2021 10:17 PM

R64 What on earth are you babbling about?

Fox was doing its job, covering the trial.

CNN and MSNBC were ignoring it. But they sure weren't ignoring it when the story originally broke.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2021 10:19 PM

He'll get a year.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2021 10:25 PM

I am asking you what you are doing r67? Was Fox "just doing its job" or was it trying to highlight a trial where it could tell a narrative it liked, black people generally suck and are always looking to be victims even when it's a lie? What stories get highlighted and obsessively covered? All the Trumpistas slithering out of testifying that they tried to overthrow the government in order to keep Trump in power? Is that a story worthy of coverage?

What gets counted as a story worthy of obsessive coverage? What doesn't? Do you think there are hard and fast rules for this kind of thing?

And yes, Jussie's an asshole who probably belongs in jail. But it doesn't change that formula? You are raising the idea of what stories get covered by which networks, and I agree. Why does Fox love this story? Well, that is the question.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2021 10:25 PM

Make him pay restitution because he LIED! Charge him with perjury. Get every cent back. This lowlife piece of SHIT needs to pay.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2021 10:27 PM

I think he needs some jail time, maybe a month. I don't think anything else will wake this stupid bitch up to even the slightest reality that doing this shit was stupid and illegal.

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote]Was Fox "just doing its job" or was it trying to highlight a trial where it could tell a narrative it liked, black people generally suck and are always looking to be victims even when it's a lie?

I have not seen or heard any accusation of the kind toward Fox in their coverage of the trial. The coverage I saw was straight forward.

Please post a link to proof of your accusation. I'd be interested to see it.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2021 10:30 PM

R67 uses the same line in every thread in which s/he posts, like it is an ESL student. Tired shtick and a dead giveaway. Try harder, gurrl.

by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2021 10:33 PM

R51, thanks for that link.

A very interesting and informative broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2021 10:36 PM

are you trying to pose as a child r72? are you seriously thinking that unless a news station spells out its agenda it doesn't have one? Would you say that is also 100 percent true of CNN and MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2021 10:53 PM

GQP operative^^^ So nashty. Quisling detected. DIAGF.

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2021 11:01 PM

Fox was overplaying the trial because it's red meat for their viewers. CNN and MSNBC covered it, they just didn't cover it obsessively. They covered more of the Ghislaine Maxwell trial. Fox mostly has ignored it.

The Maxwell trial is more of a big deal, but Fox is pushing a specific agenda, which is that race-related crime is overblown and they also know their viewers love to see a black person put in their place. Look at the glee the right wingers in these threads have tried to rope in every other black person they can, even when it's pretty irrelevant. Yet they keep bringing them up. Why is that? The obvious reason.

Right wing social media keeps chanting the "the mainstream networks aren't covering it!" mantra and idiots like the one I just blocked in this thread keep repeating it, like barking seals. It doesn't make it true.

No, mainstream media is not covering it as much as Fox is. No, it's not a conspiracy or a sign of bias, except on the part of Fox.

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2021 11:11 PM

Also, CNN is a center, center right network. MSNBC is center left. It's not in any way equatable to Fox News or the rest of the right wing media ecosystem, because Fox is pure propaganda and has been for some time.

I know you guys love to be victims and pretend that everything is stacked against you, but it really isn't, you're just so tribal and have such groupthink as well as an entire media ecosystem that reinforces your worst impulses that you think up is down. The left doesn't have anything equatable, and no, MSNBC is not comparable.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2021 11:14 PM

After how MSNBC handled the Rittenhouse case it also gets to wear the banner of propagandist.

They were the farthest thing from a news organization as you can get.

They're all bullshit artists for their causes when it suits them.

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2021 11:19 PM

RWNJ during a meth run^^^

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2021 11:20 PM

R79 they are not the same. Do you really watch MSNBC that much, or are you just reacting to some selected clips distributed on right wing media intended to reinforce that "both sides" cynicism?

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2021 11:27 PM

The Chicago police chief who arrested Jussie Smollett for staging a race-baiting attack on himself said Friday that he would have let the actor go free if heโ€™d just apologized and admitted that he was lying early on.

Eddie Johnson, head of the Chicago Police Department in 2019, wouldnโ€™t have pursued charges against the โ€œEmpireโ€ actor if heโ€™d simply admitted heโ€™d made it all up, he told โ€œMorning in America.โ€

โ€œI want people to understand this. This was not the most heinous crime of the century. He didnโ€™t kill anybody. He didnโ€™t blow up a building,โ€ Johnson said.

โ€œWe would have been more than happy with just an apology at the end of all that we uncovered but for some reason, he just wanted to keep going down this road that he was actually a victim.โ€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2021 11:29 PM

I think most people agree with Chief Johnson. But he went too far, he threw others under the criminal bus, he obstructed justice, he perjured himself and he made his momma go through hell. Too late for just an apology.

If he hadn't taken the stand and if he didn't have that past history of throwing his brother under the bus to get out of a crime, I'd maybe be okay with just probation and some restitution. . But not now. he needs some time. Anywhere from 30 days to 120 days would be fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2021 11:34 PM

He needs seven years.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2021 11:38 PM

R75 please post a link to any Fox reporting about the case that asserted that "black people generally suck and are always looking to be victims even when it's a lie" as you claim.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2021 11:55 PM

Id love to know what his personal finances have looked like in the last three years. Living off savings and investments from Empire? Being funded by a boyfriend or sugar daddies? Family taking him in?

by Anonymousreply 86December 11, 2021 12:00 AM

Sure, r85, just as soon as you post a link where MSNBC officially announces that it has decided to ignore this story as it upsets some alleged narrative they are trying to press.

Also please post your passport, as we would like to see where it is from.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 87December 11, 2021 12:06 AM

R85, you need to get your eyes and ears checked, Helen Keller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2021 12:08 AM

LOL. I Iove it. Saying ""save the United States before we become Rwanda,"" ...is RACIST.

Pure CNN.

My God, Joy Reid has built an entire career and show around race baiting.

by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote]just as soon as you post a link where MSNBC officially announces that it has decided to ignore this story as it upsets some alleged narrative they are trying to press.

Strawman.

What I actually did post was the following: "Fox was doing its job, covering the trial. CNN and MSNBC were ignoring it. But they sure weren't ignoring it when the story originally broke." Period.

by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2021 12:23 AM

There were only a couple of us on the original Jussie threads that called bullshit, most believed him. Of course there was one rabid poster called everyone with common sense a RACIST! Probably the same poster on here still pulling it, of course he was never gonna admit he was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2021 12:23 AM

How dare you announce CNN and MSNBC were ignoring a story without officially announcing they were ignoring it! How could you, r90? How could you? Every news station ALWAYS announces exactly what it is doing, and ALWAYS explains why. You bastard!

by Anonymousreply 92December 11, 2021 12:28 AM

Also, we still need your passport.

Thank you for your kind cuntsideration in this matter.

by Anonymousreply 93December 11, 2021 12:33 AM

Apologize Jussie. Now! You are guilty and lied. Fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 94December 11, 2021 5:47 AM

[quote]My God, Joy Reid has built an entire career and show around race baiting.

And donโ€™t forget โ€œReverendโ€ Al, another notorious race-baiter on the MSNBC payroll.

by Anonymousreply 95December 11, 2021 7:42 AM

[quote]Why does Fox love this story? Well, that is the question.

Because they know that the China News Network and MSNPC would never defy their overlords with any coverage that deviates from their narrative. So, as a media network in the business of getting more money from higher ratings, it's a no-brainer. Money and ratings. One network's trash is another one's treasure. They're hustling. Respect the hustle.

by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2021 8:17 AM

R96 you are insane and should consider self immolation.

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2021 12:40 PM

Five.......Five......Five guilty verdicts.......

by Anonymousreply 98December 11, 2021 3:03 PM

R96, you made a wrong turn, you really donโ€™t belong here. Btw, ALL the networks are in the money making businessโ€”especially Fox. Itโ€™s laughable that you donโ€™t see this. Theyโ€™re all targeting market segments with their coverage. Itโ€™s just that the rest of us have a few places to go for our news and you only have one.

by Anonymousreply 99December 11, 2021 3:29 PM

Great Post R96.

by Anonymousreply 100December 11, 2021 4:53 PM

r99 No shit all of the networks are in the money making business. I did not imply otherwise. I did, however, imply that the owners of these networks have an agenda to push which is why you see more coverage of certain incidents on specific networks depending on the incident.

Most of the networks are owned by just a couple of rich families and whenever you have centralization of that magnitude, you will notice "patterns" in their reporting behaviors. Do you have any idea how many networks the Murdoch family owns besides Fox? There is definitely an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2021 5:05 PM

Since he cost taxpayers over $100,000, he should be charged to repay this debt.

Then, his insistent lying need to spend resources tying up LE, the legal system and courts in Chicago for his inane, supremely selfish and narcissistic stunt to benefit HIM at the EXPENSE of untold others while remaining obdurate and unrepentant should definitely place him as a candidate for jail time.

by Anonymousreply 102December 11, 2021 5:18 PM

The fucker should rot in jail. Throw a few perjury charges on him. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 103December 11, 2021 5:18 PM

I remember clearly when I read the initial report of Tawana Brawley's story in the NY Times. I was so appalled and upset. I was just out of law school but still working on appeals for my clinical program - some robbery and a terrible double murder case out of Maryland where a drug kingpin ordered a hit on a couple who were witnesses in his upcoming trial - they mistakenly killed the intended victim's sister who was subbing for her at work that night at a motel. Just awful case. I'm not sure if I was initially suspicious cause it was so unlikely an event in upstate NY. I just remember being outraged. The second article mentioned that the teenager's stepfather had served time for the manslaughter of his first wife and I knew then and there this was a ruse to get her out of trouble with her violent stepfather. Everything that came out after just confirmed it as a hoax. I guess I've always been a cynical bitch. I think that suspicion has kept me from harm's way more than once even as a child.

All that just to say no one but no one should be using Al Sharpton for anything except as a clown. As they say, once someone shows you who they are, believe them.

IIRC Tawana was working as a Nurse's Aide in Virginia some time ago. I wonder how those people she falsely accused and nearly ruined their lives are doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2021 5:43 PM

The Subway Sandwich was KEY to cracking this case, according to Chief Johnson.

[quote]โ€they poured bleach on him and all of this โ€“ when he got up and went into his apartment building he still had that Subway sandwich with him. That doesnโ€™t happen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2021 5:55 PM

Let's hear it for Subway. Has that effectively cleansed its more recent troubling past?

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2021 5:59 PM

Also, why do all the press photos show him escorted/escorting his female family members into/out of the courthouse with their arms all entwined with his?

Isnโ€™t he almost 40 years old? Is he not an adult rather than a child? Is it not possible to walk into a courthouse himself....of his own accord?

This was all his own doing. Can he not be a man? Rather than a parody....?

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2021 6:48 PM

[quote]Does anyone have a link to a story that has a photo of Mama Smollett arriving at court? I understand her hair situation wasn't worthy of going to the store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 11, 2021 6:58 PM

I said this another thread...if he goes to jail he will undoubtedly be prey for other men and will claim he was sexually assaulted when he gets out. I also predict that if he does time he will use it to generate another career in activism for jail reform with Kim Kardashian. You wont be able to tell him anything. So in summary if he goes to jail we will never hear the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 109December 11, 2021 7:38 PM

That family wants to be the Jacksons so bad!

by Anonymousreply 110December 11, 2021 7:42 PM

Is the same person behind all the 500 Jussie threads?

by Anonymousreply 111December 11, 2021 7:54 PM

He is so handsome.

by Anonymousreply 112December 11, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote] The Subway Sandwich was KEY to cracking this case, according to Chief Johnson.

Well of ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘’ the salad would wilt in the face of danger

by Anonymousreply 113December 11, 2021 8:14 PM

Apparently his mother is 69. I mean, is that really that old? I ask because the media kept referring to her as his โ€œelderlyโ€ mother, and talking about he how helped his โ€œelderly motherโ€ walk into court every day. Seemed like media spin to make him look favorable. At 69, sheโ€™s not even old enough to be President.

by Anonymousreply 114December 11, 2021 8:20 PM

That's hilarious, R105.

by Anonymousreply 115December 11, 2021 9:47 PM

I'm waiting for the tv special The Smollett Family Honors......

You know the first "honors" will be bestowed upon......themselves.

by Anonymousreply 116December 11, 2021 9:58 PM

Jussie needs to be locked up for โ€œthe maximumโ€. MSNBCโ€™s โ€œReverendโ€ Al Sharpton DEMANDED it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 11, 2021 10:37 PM

[quote]He is so handsome.

That's what aggravates me the most. All of that totally wasted because of his asshole personality. And it happens so often

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 11, 2021 10:48 PM

You know youโ€™re a loser when even Don Lemon cuts you out.

by Anonymousreply 119December 11, 2021 11:31 PM

CHICAGO, ILโ€”People are protesting in the streets today after human rights groups revealed Jussie Smollett will be forced to share a jail cell with his racist attackers.

"This is an outrage!" said Reverend Jesse Jackson. "Not only was Mr. Smollett attacked by hateful racist bigots who want to tear our country apart, but now he has to share a jail cell with them? This is cruel and unusual punishment. This is the kind of thing that happens in our white supremacist country. Send me money!"

Criminal justice watchdogs also revealed that in addition to sharing a cell with his attackers, he will have to share his toothbrush, his bunk bed, and clothes. They expressed worry that this may lead to Jussie Smollet suffering further racist and homophobic attacks from other attackers named Jussie Smollett while in prison.

When asked for comment, Jussie Smollet angrily yelled "This is MAGA country!" before punching himself in the face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 11, 2021 11:46 PM

R108 Thanks for posting that photo of his mother. Obviously quite a bit of theater there to get the jury to back off because his poor dear ancient (she's only 69) mother is CLEARLY on death's door. (AKA put talcum powder in her hair/or grabbed some granny weave from the prop department) and she needs Jussie by her side. His entire family is a joke, thanks to this idiot, and their own idiocy in thinking they could rehabilitate his image. And for what? This runt was hardly A list. The drama they throw is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 121December 12, 2021 11:10 AM

Do I have a chance with him now that he has lowered his cache?

by Anonymousreply 122December 12, 2021 11:20 AM

r122 if you're not African or don't have Tyler Perry money forget about it

by Anonymousreply 123December 12, 2021 2:30 PM

I bet he will pull a Milo type stunt next and date a white man, or go straight and have some babies.

by Anonymousreply 124December 12, 2021 2:45 PM

I agree with Dr. Grande, victim narcissists are the shittiest human beings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 12, 2021 5:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 12, 2021 8:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 12, 2021 11:08 PM

But Jussie, I thought you were innocent??? lolololol You fake liar.

by Anonymousreply 128December 13, 2021 1:00 AM

Does anyone know who is in charge of Jussie's PR?

The correct response was to announce a rehab stint, and this would have ended in 2019. Instead, the worst possible choices were made.

by Anonymousreply 129December 13, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote]Didn't convict on 6th count because they were confused by it.

I still don't understand why he was found "not guilty" on the 6th count.

Can anyone explain?

And could it legitimately be grounds for an appeal?

by Anonymousreply 130December 13, 2021 2:11 AM

[quote]Kamala, Ellen Page, and the Big Bang cast should offer to pay this for Jussie

Why? They were lied to, too.

by Anonymousreply 131December 13, 2021 2:17 AM

You are so right r129. He couldโ€™ve made amends, he couldโ€™ve said he was going through a mental breakdown. He could have come back after treatment. Now I donโ€™t think any production company would touch him.

by Anonymousreply 132December 13, 2021 2:18 AM

All the counts were for felony disorderly conduct. Based on Jussie's statements to police.

Counts 1 & 2 were based on the on scene initial report at his apartment to the responding officer - 1) Victim of hate crime and 2) Victim of battery - both given at 2:45 AM Jan 29

Counts 4 & 5 were based on his statements to Det Murray - 3) Victim of hate crime and 4) Victim of battery - both given at 6:00 AM Jan 29

Count 5 was based on his statement to Det Murray - 5) Victim of battery - given at 7:15 PM Jan 29

Count 6 was based on his statement to Det Graves - 6) Victim of aggravated battery - given on Feb 15.

I didn't read the article, but the Not Guilty on Count 6 could have been that the jury didn't understand the definition of aggravated battery and/or why it was any different than just regular battery. Maybe they felt Jussie didn't describe it any differently than he did in the earlier reports or maybe they didn't think it reached the definition of aggravated assault.

Or maybe they thought it was overkill or wanted to throw Jussie a bone.

by Anonymousreply 133December 13, 2021 3:58 AM

R133, per the juror interview, it was a bit of all those things you said on Count 6. "Aggravated battery" in this case was because they wore masks.

by Anonymousreply 134December 13, 2021 4:05 AM

Thanks, R134.

by Anonymousreply 135December 13, 2021 4:16 AM

Jussie's attorney, Uche (who is actually a "he") on Count 6:

[quote] Uche said after the Thursday conviction that she would be appealing due to the jury's 'inconsistent' verdict, saying that they 'cannot say Jussie is not lying for the same exact incident.'

by Anonymousreply 136December 13, 2021 12:14 PM

That's not an inconsistent verdict. Not under Wisconsin law and really not anywhere. He's reaching cause that's his job.

by Anonymousreply 137December 13, 2021 12:20 PM

Jussie - own up to your LIES! That is the only way he will ever begin to get a second chance. Own your shit, fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 138December 13, 2021 12:26 PM

That National Review article pretty much sums up what many posters have said in this thread.

But it said something I'd not known about: that the Oscars don't like Stephen Spielberg, which is why he has won only two.

Why don't the Oscars like Stephen Spielberg?

by Anonymousreply 139December 13, 2021 1:11 PM

[quote]There were only a couple of us on the original Jussie threads that called bullshit, most believed him.

God, no, there were a ton of you. The threads were about half and half at first, then by the time they got to the 10-part "Jussie Smollett Updates" threads, most people thought it was a hoax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 13, 2021 1:27 PM

Oops.

I posted on West Side Story in the wrong thread.

I did that and I don't even know how.

by Anonymousreply 141December 13, 2021 1:39 PM

[quote]There were only a couple of us on the original Jussie threads that called bullshit, most believed him.

People were already suggesting the story seemed fake by Reply 6 in the original thread, linked in R140.

by Anonymousreply 142December 13, 2021 2:10 PM

R141, that's happened to me and I am like WHOA wizardry at work. But it may be that I click off the thread too soon before the post "takes hold" or whatever techie term is used.

It also happened once and when I went to address it, the post was where it should have been. That was spooky.

by Anonymousreply 143December 13, 2021 2:15 PM

[R141] & [R142], Muriel's on vacation and she hired some druggy temp with highlights who has 'Madame X' blasting in the IT room. It's not either of you, believe me. We're trying to get him to unlock the door but he keeps yelling that we'll 'steal his eye patch.' Frankly, I'm a little worried this morning...

by Anonymousreply 144December 13, 2021 2:52 PM

Zemen. You don't have to add the brackets manually. They go in automatically. All you have to do is type R (upper or lowercase, doesn't matter) and right next to it, no space, the reply number like this R144 and the brackets pop up. Save yourself some keystrokes...

by Anonymousreply 145December 13, 2021 3:28 PM

It's interesting to re-read the original thread r140 linked for us. One of us should have done that earlier so WW for you.

Some people were SO invested in this being true. It was intolerable anybody even suggest how flimsy and fake it appeared.

[quote] I literally had to block half the posters on this thread. You are disgusting racist pieces of shit. I'd rather believe a story about a racist and homophobic attack and be wrong than to spout stupid shit like "this never happens today, obviously fake!" What is it about black people that is so threatening to you? And especially gay black people? Why can't we support one of our own for once instead of calling him a liar? I usually love Datalounge but this thread makes me sick. I really hope most of it is from Russian trolls, because if it's not... yikes.

by Anonymousreply 146December 13, 2021 9:27 PM

^that idiot must be cowering in a corner licking his wounds.

by Anonymousreply 147December 13, 2021 9:37 PM

You'd be surprised how many of us in black community are not quite as mad at Jussie. I feel a lot of you folks are in overkill mode. What he did wasn't nice but it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of Chicago and American crimes

by Anonymousreply 148December 13, 2021 9:55 PM

The poster quoted in R146 sounds like a typical Datalounge poster, calling everyone a Russian troll and racist.

by Anonymousreply 149December 13, 2021 10:09 PM

Eventually, Jussie has to do the Oprah interview. He owes it to the culture!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 13, 2021 10:29 PM

I meant Illinois law, not Wisconsin law in R137.

The Not Guilty on Count 6 is not an inconsistent verdict. But think of all the billable hours researching and writing the appeal. Yippee!

by Anonymousreply 151December 13, 2021 10:32 PM

I also re-read the original thread all on posted 1/29/2019 - the day of the event.

Most of us knew from the get-go it was bullshit. Naturally there were the usual silly rabbits calling everyone else racists and trolls. LOL!

Hopefully one day you will all have the wisdom of your elders who can spot bullshit artists a mile away. It will save you sooo much time and grief. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 152December 13, 2021 10:36 PM

Wow, R148. A lying piece of shit wasted the time and resources of LE and almost started another race war. Yeah, no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 153December 14, 2021 1:24 AM

๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ท๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฒ ๐—ฆ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฝ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ผ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ

If others saw the noose as Smollett's clumsy effort to portray his attackers as racist, Andre Hope saw much more.

โ€œAs an African American person, I'm not putting that noose back on at all, " Andre Hope told WLS-TV. At trial, Smollett testified that after the attack in downtown Chicago in January 2019, he returned home and put the rope back around his neck so police who came to his apartment soon after could see it.

Hope was not the only Black person who struggled with Smollett's use of such a potent symbol of racism in the U.S. to convince authorities he was the victim of a hate crime.

In an interview with NewsNation Now after Smollett was found guilty last Thursday, Eddie Johnson โ€” who was Chicago police superintendent in January 2019 when Smollett said he was attacked โ€” said virtually the same thing.

โ€œI was concerned because I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s many Black people in America with a noose around their neck and wouldnโ€™t immediately take it off,โ€ Johnson said.

Hope said the evidence against Smollett was overwhelming. At trial, two brothers testified that Smollett recruited them to carry out the fake attack. Hope said the counter narrative put forth by Smollett's attorneys that the pair had actually planned the attack on Smollett did not make sense.

"When you just use your common sense as whatโ€™s there, yeah it just, it didnโ€™t add up,โ€ said Hope a 63-year-old father of two who lives in suburban Bellwood, west of Chicago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 15, 2021 2:45 AM

Former U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Tuesday said convicted hate-crime hoaxer Jussie Smollett "spit in the face of real victims of bigotry" by "lying about being attacked because of his race" and "should be sentenced to the fullest extent of the law to serve as an example and to send a very strong message to anyone who thinks about pulling a hoax like this in the future."

Smart lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 15, 2021 7:51 AM

Re: Tulsi Gabbardโ€ฆ a broken clock is right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 156December 15, 2021 9:01 AM

Interesting read see link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 15, 2021 9:35 AM

Maybe he thought by staging a hate crime he would be the next Martin Luther King by being a hate crime advocate. Unfortunately, his plan backfired.

by Anonymousreply 158December 15, 2021 9:41 AM

Jussie was high and dealing with career frustration, and likely battled life long identity crisis being a biracial gay man. Unfortunate that he never got real help for his issues. Instead he surrounded himself with "yes" people.

by Anonymousreply 159December 15, 2021 9:54 AM

That was a good read r157, thanks for posting.

I tend to think he has a personality disorder rather than he did this for publicity to ensure work or get more work. I don't think someone who did this for publicity would have stuck to their story as long as he did, they would have paid and apologized and laid low for a while, then did a "I'm back and everything's fine now" tell-all interview.

by Anonymousreply 160December 15, 2021 10:02 AM

R160 I think he has a personality disorder, as well.

by Anonymousreply 161December 15, 2021 10:31 AM

He has a personality disorder alright - being a moron and fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 162December 15, 2021 11:20 AM

[quote] Maybe he thought by staging a hate crime he would be the next Martin Luther King by being a hate crime advocate. Unfortunately, his plan backfired.

Time will tell if it backfired. Al Sharpton got a primetime MSNBC show after his Tawana Brawley hoax.

by Anonymousreply 163December 15, 2021 11:31 AM

Don't you have to have a personality in order to have a personality disorder?

by Anonymousreply 164December 15, 2021 12:02 PM

Seriously, r163, how did that happen? Iโ€™m not a fan of his btw, I just think heโ€™s a snoozer on tv.

by Anonymousreply 165December 15, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote] I think he has a personality disorder, as well.

Most actors and people in the performing arts, in general, have some form of a personality disorder, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 166December 15, 2021 4:55 PM

Jussie is added to the LONG list of fake hate crimes.

A number of which Datalounge also bought hook line and sinker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 15, 2021 7:36 PM

Mama Tina has spoken!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 15, 2021 11:09 PM

R168, there is no comparison between the two, None whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 169December 16, 2021 3:13 AM

^She is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 170December 16, 2021 8:51 AM

The prosecutor, Dan Webb, is going to court to ask the judge to publicly release his entire investigative report on how the office of Kim Foxx handled the case, including grand jury testimony. Foxx is cited for abuse of her office.

by Anonymousreply 171December 16, 2021 12:44 PM

That would open up a whole can or worms, R171. I doubt it's going to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 16, 2021 1:16 PM

The worms in THAT CAN should be set free.

by Anonymousreply 173December 16, 2021 2:21 PM

R172, thanks for the link but what does a March 2019 article by CNN have to do with whether the investigative report or parts therein is made public?

I thought people wanted transparency in the prosecution and police workings.

by Anonymousreply 174December 16, 2021 2:30 PM

They should release the report, if only so disengenuous trolls like you will shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 175December 19, 2021 7:44 AM

When is sentencing?

by Anonymousreply 176December 19, 2021 11:17 AM

They are coming back to court in January to set a sentencing date. That seems weird to me. Why didn't they just set a sentencing date?

by Anonymousreply 177December 19, 2021 5:52 PM

R177 its not uncommon from what I've seen...NFL Mychal Kendricks who got busted for insider trading had his sentencing postponed for YEARS because of the pandemic, and ended up only getting 1 day in prison. Covid has totally changed the logistics of the justice system. There is still a huge backlog and I imagine in city like Chicago even more so.

by Anonymousreply 178December 19, 2021 6:25 PM

I understand postponing sentencings - I have done that regularly for a number of reasons. I am questioning why they didn't set a sentencing date at all. Those dates can be continued if more time is needed.

If there were legal issues they wanted to resolve, those would normally be separate hearings. Though I have filed a Motion to Dismiss Notwithstanding the Verdict (JNOV) which was granted the day we came in for sentencing - but the judge decided that on the briefings only, not requiring any oral argument. Maybe the court wanted some issues out of the way to see how long in the future they needed to set sentencing - e.g., mental health evaluations, financial statement re: restitution.

Or maybe Covid related court scheduling.

by Anonymousreply 179December 19, 2021 7:41 PM

Any fresh news about this twat?

by Anonymousreply 180December 22, 2021 1:58 AM

The ripples continue to spread.

The initial handling of allegations that former โ€œEmpireโ€ actor Jussie Smollett staged a fake attack in Chicago was a โ€œmajor failureโ€ by the local prosecutorโ€™s office, according to a damning investigative report released Monday.

The 60-page report by special prosecutor Dan Webb, who was appointed to review the case, detailed several instances when Cook County Stateโ€™s Attorney Kim Foxx and others in her office made false statements in 2019 when they first prosecuted Smollett and then abruptly dropped the charges weeks later.

Foxx lied about having cut off contact with Smollettโ€™s younger sister, Jurnee Smollett, after learning the actor had become a suspect in the police investigation, the report found.

The local prosecutor exchanged 17 text messages and five phone calls with Smollettโ€™s sister five days after declaring publicly in February 2019 that she had stopped speaking to her, according to the report.

Prosecutors then ended up dismissing a 16-count indictment against the actor in March 2019 after he agreed to forfeit a $10,000 bond and complete 16 hours of community service.

Judge Michael Toobin, who appointed Webb as special prosecutor, said the full report should be made public now that Smollettโ€™s trial is complete.

Webb concluded that some of the actions by Foxxโ€™s office may be violations of legal ethics โ€” though he found nothing criminal in the handling of the case.

Foxx said publicly at the time that Smollettโ€™s case was dropped because it was โ€œsimilarโ€ to 5,700 other cases, which Webb concluded was not accurate.

Webb also found that Foxxโ€™s office misrepresented information when it said the โ€œEmpireโ€ star had no criminal background, which was false.

โ€œThe fact that the CCSAO (Cook County Stateโ€™s Attorneyโ€™s Office) represented Mr. Smollett prior conviction related, in part, to making a false statement to police, and thus, similar to this alleged conduct (i.e., making a false police report) in the Initial Smollett case,โ€ according to the Webb report.

------------------

Not to mention how Michelle Obama's people reached out on Jussie's behalf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 22, 2021 2:07 AM

Among other things, the most egregious thing Foxx did was her statement to Jurnee Smollett that he'll be fine if he just doesn't change his story. Knowing full well that message would get back to the suspect. And it seems he is still following that "advice".

And that communication was after Jussie had become a suspect and after she denied she was still in communication with Smollet family.

To me that is not just the appearance of impropriety, but it skates so close to obstruction of justice, if not an actual fall through the ice, that she should be grateful Webb did not come out and say that. Instead, he has just referred the report to the Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) for ethics violations. That board could suspend her or disbar her.

[quote] . . . during a Feb. 13, 2019 phone call, Foxx and Jurnee Smollett discussed details about the alleged attackers with the actress asking, โ€œTheyโ€™re white, right?" According to the report, Foxx told her they were not white. Jurnee Smollett told Webbโ€™s investigators that Foxx told her that her โ€œbrother would be fine as long as he stays consistent.โ€ Foxx denied making the statement when asked about it by Webbโ€™s team, but itโ€™s hard to believe anything she says now given that back in 2019 she claimed to have cut off communication with Smollettโ€™s sister even before this conversation took place.

If Foxx had any integrity she would resign. A resignation which, in and of itself, could be redemptive and show the citizens of Chicago she understands how serious her behavior was and that she is repentant. That is what any good attorney would do. That a high-ranking attorney responsible for reassuring the public that she administers justice and public safety in a fair and effective manner will not do that says all you need to know about Kim Foxx and her ability to do her job.

by Anonymousreply 182December 22, 2021 4:39 PM

That woman should be indicted.

by Anonymousreply 183December 22, 2021 4:51 PM

Interesting R183, I didn't see that before. As it turns out, it was really bad advice. Jussie should use that at his sentencing - arguing that he wanted to confess the truth, but was following Kim Foxx's advice.

by Anonymousreply 184December 22, 2021 7:22 PM

A prosecutor shouldn't be giving "legal advice" to a suspect, or his sister. The whole thing reeks of corruption. And Michelle Obama needs to be investigated too.

by Anonymousreply 185December 22, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote]Prosecutors then ended up dismissing a 16-count indictment against the actor in March 2019 after he agreed to forfeit a $10,000 bond and complete 16 hours of community service.

So basically Kim Foxx grifted him out of $10,000 on the promise that this case would go away. And then he got convicted anyway. I'd be pissed if I was Juicy.

by Anonymousreply 186December 22, 2021 8:16 PM

His hole is all stretched out. Thatโ€™ll cum in handy in prison.

by Anonymousreply 187December 23, 2021 5:16 AM

r186 The fact that she had the nerve to do that when most of us knew from jump he was lying like a mf. This video came out like a week later. We ALL knew he was on some bullshit, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 24, 2021 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!