Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax Trial - Part 2

Brought to you by shady ass court artist CHERYL Cook's rendering

Whew chile šŸ¤£

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 10, 2021 7:33 AM

PART 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote]Whew chile

I love white gay wokes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2021 10:20 PM

Monsieur Juicy Smoolyeah

Ooh la la. He's French

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2021 10:21 PM

Priceless free publicity for Steamworks.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2021 10:28 PM

French and gay!

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote]Over time, he said the two men did more drugs and participated in sex acts together.

I'll need video of said sex acts to properly make a decision

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2021 10:33 PM

He really is shameless, isnā€™t he?

I have a hard time believing the African brothers are gay. If they were, Lee Daniels would have already had them on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2021 10:33 PM

Miss Jussie is color struck and hates his White daddy. Just a small part of his pathology. I am guessing BPD vs. NPD.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2021 10:36 PM

Not bi even, R7?

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2021 10:36 PM

The courtroom sketcher turned him into Gregory Hines.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2021 10:36 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray to Speak on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation at 8:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2021 10:37 PM

r7:

[quote]Smollett said he met Abimbola Osundairo in 2017 at a club, where he learned Osundairo also worked on the set of ā€œEmpire.ā€

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2021 10:38 PM

sounds like something a journalist shouldn't do

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2021 10:46 PM

"shady ass" and "chile"? OP you should back off Black Twitter, it's affecting your brain pan.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2021 10:53 PM

r13 that's actually what a journalist should do. He's trying to get a reaction from Jussie so he can report on it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2021 10:53 PM

OP is probably whiter than Powder.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2021 10:55 PM

Funny Jussie dragging Don Lemon into this now.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2021 10:55 PM

[quote] sounds like something a journalist shouldn't do

CNN hasn't had journalists since Bernie Shaw retired

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2021 10:55 PM

[quote]Miss Jussie is color struck and hates his White daddy. Just a small part of his pathology.

Jussie reminds me of Vic Mensa who has been open about extremely deep feelings of inadequacy left over from being a biracial child...it manifests in adulthood in the form of drug use, depression. Jussie was also the gay sibling as well, so Im not surprised his issues eventually overflowed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2021 10:56 PM

I realize this is ultra-conservative Babylon Bee, but these are going around Twitter and are actually funny:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2021 10:57 PM

And another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2021 10:57 PM

Those are pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote]Funny Jussie dragging Don Lemon into this now.

Don admonished him on air for choosing to interview with GMA/Robin Roberts instead of CNN Tonight. For him to carry that into the courtroom almost 2 years later is sooo petty!

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2021 11:00 PM

Somebody find out what brand of jacket is seen here and at r20 so my daddy can get me one for Christmas! YASSSSS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2021 11:06 PM

Don't apologize for the Babylon Bee. They have been hitting bullseyes

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2021 11:08 PM

Jussie: "I am the black Cary Grant!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2021 11:43 PM

Whatā€™s the deal with this guy? Claimed he ā€œdidnā€™t knowā€ they were at a gay bathhouse in his testimony but according to Smollett they ā€œmade outā€ and ā€œthere was some touchingā€ more than once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote]"It was the biggest show on television," Smollett says. Special prosecutor Dan Webb has now objected to the relevancy of all this to the case. Judge Linn says the defense has a little leeway but urges them to move on.

The biggest show on television, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2021 12:21 AM

Bump for original thread.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote]Smollett says he and Abimbola would drive around in his car smoking blunts, then he'd drop him off and go home. "It's part of my relaxing process. I think that the car is probably the best place to listen to your music to be by yourself to be inspired."

He is a parody of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2021 12:25 AM

[quote]Smollett says he was driving, smoking a blunt and texting with a woman about MSNBC appearance ā€“ day of January 27th ā€“ when the Osundairo brothers were in his car. Brothers say that's when hoax was being planned.

So he's repeatedly admitted to driving while smoking weed and now driving while texting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2021 12:29 AM

[quote]Smollett says he and Abimbola would drive around in his car smoking blunts, then he'd drop him off and go home. "It's part of my relaxing process. I think that the car is probably the best place to listen to your music to be by yourself to be inspired."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2021 12:40 AM

R32 Seems like Jesus did . He didn't crash the car of this weed smoking and texting driver

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2021 12:52 AM

I'm beginning to think this Smollette person isn't being truthful.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2021 12:55 AM

Someone tell Jabba the Hutt he does NOT look good as a redhead

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2021 12:58 AM

I canā€™t see how a jury goes for any of the defenseā€™s spectacle. What is their narrative? It makes no sense.

And Jussie is just not a great actor. Iā€™m thinking of his utterly transparent and fake Robin Roberts interview. It was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2021 12:59 AM

There is already a movie about this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2021 1:02 AM

Itā€™s scary he was driving around Chicago under the influenceā€¦. Especially in my neighborhood!

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2021 1:09 AM

Black Cary Grant?

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2021 1:14 AM

Didn't people think he was potentially being written out around the time this happened? He fabricated the letter and the attack for sympathy/of course we aren't writing you out!

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2021 1:19 AM

I hate his first and last name. So punchable.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2021 1:22 AM

If there is evidence of him and his trial run, then there is no place for him to hide. Him doubling down makes him look just as mad as other sociopaths like Donald Trump or Elon Musk.

Very disappointed that Jussie pulled such a stunt.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2021 1:22 AM

Dave Chapelle gets it right about Miss Thing, and just skewers him. I wonder if sheā€™ll do any time?

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote]"It was the biggest show on television," Smollett says.

This is outright perjury.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2021 1:32 AM

Never hire a Millennial as your attorney:

"[Smollette's attorney] Walker appeared close to tears as she argued with the judge and soon left the courtroom with her mother, who was in the gallery, as the rest of Smollettā€™s team continued to ask for a mistrial."

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2021 1:38 AM

Typical narcissist's con, "It's not MY fault! It's YOUR fault! I'm RIGHT! You're WRONG! It's not ME! It's YOU! I DIDN'T do that! You don't know what you're talking about!"

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2021 1:43 AM

R39 and Gay Tupac .

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2021 1:44 AM

R34 = Kamala Harris

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote] Itā€™s scary he was driving around Chicago under the influence

That's the least scary thing happening in Chicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote]I hate his first and last name. So punchable.

Use that! Use that energy!

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2021 2:02 AM

This lying cunt weasel wasting EVER MORE of our tax dollars. And the entire wishy-washy non-gay down low bro culture of the two hunky trainer/dealer/whores. It was a club I have no idea if its for the gays we was just kissing and playing with our dicks and shit so that ain't gay just hanging. I can't even.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2021 2:32 AM

I can't remember now, but what is the trial for if the initial charges were dropped, again?

I know Jussie was planning on suing the police department but I can't remember if he actually did.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2021 3:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2021 3:33 AM

Don Lemon, Jussie Skillet. . . I wonder what other hot black gay men are in this club.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2021 3:37 AM

R53 despite the spin that is actually standard fats for a reporter to try to get a scoop out of a source by telling him what others have said about him, to get a reaction.

I know the right wing doesn't like Don Lemon but it's silly to make this into a "CNN reporter under fire for unethical behavior" thing when Don was reporting on it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2021 3:43 AM

Also why is that retarded Fox News reporter not threading his livetweeting from the trial?? So aggravating.

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2021 3:47 AM

Oh, all they have him on trial over is disorderly conduct?

[quote]Smollett, 39, has pleaded not guilty to six counts of disorderly conduct, a charge for which a conviction is punishable by up to three years in prison. His defense attorneys have said he was a real victim and have suggested during the trial that homophobia may have been a motive in the attack.

I hope they make him serve it consecutively! Three years in the hoosegow sounds about right for this bullshit, but it seems like lax sentencing is the rage nowadays.

I hope his lawyers are burning through his remaining cash.

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2021 4:15 AM

Article on CNN ^

(Also, check out this fat photo. Is this him lately?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2021 4:16 AM

FAT Jussie. Waste of good dick. Buh bye.

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2021 4:29 AM

Damn if Im gonna use cocaine I better be skinny. How you gonna gain 30 pounds while using coke. Jussie you a mess gurl.

by Anonymousreply 60December 7, 2021 4:35 AM

Well he can't get coke any more with his trainers no longer returning his calls!

I'd expect Jussie has been on better behavior the past few years due to knowing the cops might still be keeping an eye on him.

by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2021 5:02 AM

Jussie can't afford coke anymore. He's mainlining Crispy Cremes and Popeyes.

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2021 5:02 AM

Did he have the option to plead out. If so, he should have. But he seems like the type who believes he'd beat the charges.

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2021 5:08 AM

"The biggest show on television, lol."

Empire was never the ratings leader, so never the biggest show in that regard. But, it did have really strong ratings its first few seasons - after mixed initial reviews - and it got a ton of coverage because of the success of an all black drama and because it's success really was sort of unexpected. I found it ridiculous fun for 2.5 seasons but then tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2021 5:13 AM

So glad I'm white.

by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2021 5:36 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/03 **6**

This A-/B+ list actress has been footing the bill for her sibling's big trial. The sibling has also been pocketing a bunch of money for himself and his boyfriend. Jurnee Smollett/Jussie Smollett/Abimbola Osundairo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2021 9:24 AM

Jurnee Smollett is by no means A-/B+ level. Sorry queen .

by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2021 10:49 AM

[quote] that is actually standard fats for a reporter

Is Don Lemon going the bear route now that he's about to get fired?

by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2021 10:54 AM

Regarding the "black Cary Grant" proclamation, in my best Cary Grant imitation: "Jussie, Jussie, Jussie!"

by Anonymousreply 69December 7, 2021 11:00 AM

Does it go to the jury today?

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2021 12:49 PM

This guy is a real brainiac, huh?

by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2021 12:52 PM

Whatā€™s he getting fired for r68? Donā€™t be stingy with the link.

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2021 12:56 PM

R66 that guy is a known fraud, wouldn't put much faith in those.

by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2021 1:00 PM

R72 nothing. It's right wingers trying to make hay of something normal that only sounds bad if you don't know anything, to damage Don Lemon for I dunno, being black or something.

by Anonymousreply 74December 7, 2021 1:02 PM

This, R19. This is the neuroses plaguing the country.

by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2021 1:09 PM

Juicy messed up with the sex story. Anyone can see if they were messing around Juicy was going to be sure to get that big Nigerian stud to plow his ass.

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2021 1:30 PM

All it means is that he uses drugs and coercion to get reluctant people to masturbate with him. Probably leading him on with promises of money. I can imagine the guy being high on something and then Jussie slimily forcing himself on the guy after luring him to a sex club.

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2021 1:35 PM

"Jurnee Smollett is by no means A-/B+ level. Sorry queen ."

Come on, in the blind item world she is. It's a blind item; never totally accurate. DL must overthink everything, as if you've never seen a blind item that was slightly off before.

by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2021 3:05 PM

It's not an accurate blind item because it's from CDAN, which just makes shit up to get clicks. Then rubes breathlessly copy and paste it info threads like it's anything but the imaginings of a guy trying to get clout because it says something they think supports some idea they have in their heads.

We've seen blind items. This is just made-up fiction.

by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2021 3:16 PM

Is the trial going on right now?

by Anonymousreply 80December 7, 2021 3:27 PM

second day of Jussie's testimony is happening right now. "The entire tone of this cross is 180 degrees from yesterday. Smollett is on the defensive, annoyed."

by Anonymousreply 81December 7, 2021 3:34 PM

Hahahah. He knows he looked bad and now he's lashing out. I hope he digs himself in deeper.

by Anonymousreply 82December 7, 2021 3:55 PM

R72, because he sexually assaulted that poor guy in a bar. He evidently has made three settlement offers.

Ignore R74 who obviously gets his knowledge of the world exclusively from CNN which means he is a moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 7, 2021 4:06 PM

I don't know what's worse, Jussie thinking he can pull this off, or the right wing idiots on social media trying to turn this into some referendum against Democrats and VP Kamala Harris.

At the time the whole mood was "believe the victim!" so it's not super surprising that some politicians latched onto it as a way to promote some projects. In Harris's case she was trying to get anti-lynching legislation passed in Congress which has been stuck for decades, which is a noble pursuit.

Yet on social media you see claims like "SHE KNEW HE WAS LYING AND DID IT TO ADVANCE HER CAREER" and other ridiculous reaches. The same people are trying to turn the information about Don Lemon into something scandalous, like reporters don't use tactics like that to try to get reactions from people they are reporting on.

Should Harris have waited a bit before joining the bandwagon of people using this event as a way to promote black rights? Maybe, it was a calculated risk. But does it mean something nefarious or that she KNEW he was lying or other bullshit? No, no it does not. What that means is they are projecting your emotional dislike of Harris onto her and thinking everything she does is some con or grift, because they have turned her into a caricature like Hillary Clinton, where she can do nothing without getting criticism.

They want to, so desperately, make this into something it isn't, and it would be sad if it weren't so damaging to society.

by Anonymousreply 84December 7, 2021 4:06 PM

R83 That has norhing to do with the Smollett story, though, which was my point. You can ignore me all you like but that doesn't make the obvious attempts to turn Don Lemon into a bad guy based on nothing, less obvious.

You can always tell a right winger because they still think CNN is some bastion of liberalness, rather than being a center right news network like almost all of them are. Even MSNBC is run by Republicans. It's brain-dead, but hey that's today's modern Republican party. Unfortunately they infest DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 85December 7, 2021 4:09 PM

R83 nice news source there. "Bizpacreview". Plenty of people have heard of it!

I have an idea. Let's Google any topic about anything and pretend every link is The Truth. How do you determine which is the actual Truth? Why, whichever one reinforces your obvious preconceived biases!

Don't forget to shop at the "We the People" store on your way off the site! Half off on American flag tshirts!

by Anonymousreply 86December 7, 2021 4:12 PM

Juicy is so dumb!

by Anonymousreply 87December 7, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote] Should Harris have waited a bit before joining the bandwagon of people using this event as a way to promote black rights?

That story, from the beginning, had more holes than a truck load of swiss cheese.

To have public officials, who one might HOPE have some smarts or insights, believe such a pile of horse shit is bad enough. But to comment supporting the perpetrator of this baloney is depressing.

Stupid, badly (if at all) educated folks from La La Land believing JS's tale - well, that is to be expected.

But from one who was being considered for (and later) achieved, the office of Vice President, it speaks volumes about her lack of intelligence and savvy.

Depressing.

by Anonymousreply 88December 7, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote] It's almost impossible to not somehow develop an emotional attachment to someone you're fucking.

Guys on Grindr, Scruff, etc. beg to differ. Actual emotional attachment is the rare occurrence. Sure, it's absolutely divine if you get that, but some settle for less, much less, to get their rocks off.

by Anonymousreply 89December 7, 2021 4:24 PM

are they gonna suspend Don Lemon?

by Anonymousreply 90December 7, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote] Even MSNBC is run by Republicans.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2021 4:31 PM

Wasn't Don just trying to push Jussie's buttons to make the interview with him instead of Robin Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2021 4:31 PM

Sorry, r89 was obviously posted in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2021 4:33 PM

Seems oddly apt r93.

by Anonymousreply 94December 7, 2021 4:35 PM

R94 .

by Anonymousreply 95December 7, 2021 4:39 PM

Not obvious at all, R93. That is actually part of the defense Jussie's lawyers are making

by Anonymousreply 96December 7, 2021 4:39 PM

R91 the longtime head of MSNBC, Phil Griffin, is a Republican. Many of the execs are Republican. They also have Republican hosts such as Morning Joe. The people that make the right wing think MSNBC is some leftist organization are the prime time shows, Maddow and Reid and Lawrence O'Donnell and similar. But it isn't comparable to Fox News even then.

by Anonymousreply 97December 7, 2021 4:50 PM

R92 that's what journalists do, but the right wingers are trying to make it seem like he did something untoward or somehow leaked information, which isn't the case at all.

by Anonymousreply 98December 7, 2021 4:51 PM

Nigerian Bros denying Jussie's new gay claim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 7, 2021 4:54 PM

Thereā€™s another current thread titled ā€œGay men you respect.ā€ Well, after reading about Jussie Smollet, he may be the worst gay man in all of gay history. Heā€™s a disgusting human being. And he refuses to let go of the lie! Itā€™s truly unbelievable. I thought this would be his opportunity to come clean and apologize and take his punishment. But heā€™s going the black victim route. So disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 100December 7, 2021 4:58 PM

That Newsweek article makes no sense, kind of a stretch to say he was mocking Jussie, but I can see why Jussie wanted to hit that:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 7, 2021 5:06 PM

I haven't read through all of these posts yet, but in case no on has posted "What a mess!" on this thread yet:

What a mess!

by Anonymousreply 102December 7, 2021 5:07 PM

The ā€œblack victimā€ who exploits two actual Africans then lies and tries them for his crimes the first chance he gets

by Anonymousreply 103December 7, 2021 5:09 PM

Yeah it's doubly ironic that he is trying to make the brothers into the problem party here when he was cynically using Black Lives Matter as a PR instrument and definitely did not help make black people look good.

Hopefully the jury can see through his nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2021 5:53 PM

The defense has rested. Tomorrow morning will be closing arguments then it's in the jury's hands

by Anonymousreply 105December 7, 2021 5:54 PM

Is Justine going to try and get fucked tonight? He could easily be going to prison tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2021 5:57 PM

R101 Abel would be a hot fuckā€”one time. But when he speaks he sounds really dumb and boring. But the pounding would probably be hot.

by Anonymousreply 107December 7, 2021 6:06 PM

Heā€™s a big MJ fan, right? You can def tell.

by Anonymousreply 108December 7, 2021 6:09 PM

From his Insta, I'm convinced that Abimbola Osundairo is in a thruple with his brother and a third guy....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 7, 2021 6:27 PM

You know itā€™s bad for Jussie when even black people have written him off and are joking about him. They usually defend each other till the end, even murderers and drug dealers.

by Anonymousreply 110December 7, 2021 6:48 PM

R109 that would be quite the porn cast if so. All three guys are very hot. I think just as likely they are just narcissistic personal trainer bros. Iā€™d gladly offer my ass up to test their heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 111December 7, 2021 6:51 PM

R109 - The one on the far right is hawt! The Nigerians on the left and middle are creepy looking to me.

by Anonymousreply 112December 7, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] You know itā€™s bad for Jussie when even black people have written him off and are joking about him. They usually defend each other till the end, even murderers and drug dealers.

He's gay, that's why blacks aren't defending him.

by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote]He's mainlining Crispy Cremes and Popeyes.

Where the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 7, 2021 7:00 PM

R106 I mean, if he goes to jail, he will have plenty of cage meat to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 115December 7, 2021 7:20 PM

R113 they were defending him initially, this was too egregious even for them.

by Anonymousreply 116December 7, 2021 7:21 PM

I just assumed he would have committed suicide. I canā€™t believe weā€™re utilizing court room resources on this loser.

by Anonymousreply 117December 7, 2021 8:09 PM

What a charade.

by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2021 8:13 PM

Theyā€™re not republicans, theyā€™re authoritarian remnants of the bush era who fit very snugly with the likes of joy Reid. Iā€™d argue this dysfunctional group are worse than most democrats the way they agitate for war.

by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2021 8:17 PM

It was also the Lincoln project who gets of plenty of msnbc airtime who got caught trying to instigate a race war in Virginia. These people are awful.

by Anonymousreply 120December 7, 2021 8:23 PM

Who are you talking about, R119?

by Anonymousreply 121December 7, 2021 8:28 PM

Speaking of Joy Reid, did she ever weigh in on this little saga? I canā€™t imagine her staying away from it when it first happened.

by Anonymousreply 122December 7, 2021 8:28 PM

The hard left R121.

by Anonymousreply 123December 7, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote]Crispy Cremes

Oh, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 7, 2021 8:46 PM

His first name along is grounds for dismissal. Jussie? Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 125December 7, 2021 8:49 PM

Plenty of prison thugs waiting for Jussieā€™s ā€œbussy.ā€ I know they canā€™t punish him too much for this (since heā€™s black) but Iā€™m hoping he gets at least 6 months in jail. If I was the judge, Iā€™d give him a year just for that whole noose gag. Despicable human being.

by Anonymousreply 126December 7, 2021 8:59 PM

I really hope he at least gets two years. I doubt it will teach him a lesson - he seems far too arrogant - but it's always possible. At the minimum it is at least a deterrent to others.

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2021 9:01 PM

After Jussie Smollett spilled all the tea he could on Monday, Special Prosecutor Dan Webb put the focus back on the attack on the Empire star that the actor allegedly staged in a brutal cross examination on Tuesday.

Webb, a lawyerā€™s lawyer who nailed corrupt judges and cops when he served as the U.S. attorney for the district including Chicago and who prosecuted Ronald Reaganā€™s national security adviser and deposed the president as special counsel in the Iran-Contra affair, shifted the focus back to the incident at hand. This after Smollett had previously shared intimate details about his relationship with one of the Osundairo brothers, who have testified that the actor paid them $3,500 in 2019 to stage a fake hate crime against him.

Tuesdayā€™s cross examination felt like a masterclass in how to zero in on details and seal the deal. After a day of salacious speculation, innuendo, and tabloid fodder, Webb wanted to remind the jury what they were here to decide upon.

Webb focused on the scene of the incident and the actions leading up to it. Evidence provided during the trial showed that Smollett and the Osundairo brothers drove multiple times in the preceding days around the exact location where the actor would later claim he was physically attacked, had bleach poured on him, and a noose put around his neck in the frigid wee hours of Jan. 29, 2019.

Smollett had previously testified that he solely worked with Abimbola, the Osundario brother he also testified that he had a sexual, drug-induced relationship withā€”and that he didnā€™t get along with older brother Olabinjo, who Smollett claimed ā€œhad nothing to do with my life.ā€ (Abimbola, who appeared as an extra on ā€œEmpire,ā€ has denied that he and Smollett had a sexual relationship.)

by Anonymousreply 128December 7, 2021 9:24 PM

So why was Olabinjo in the car with the two of them around the area in question for a workout that didnā€™t happen?

ā€œYou got so stoned that you decided when you got to Streeterville you were too stoned to work out?ā€ Webb asked.

"No," Smollett replied back. ā€œI've worked out many times high on weed. It certainly wasnā€™t that.ā€

The actor claims that he found it ā€œweirdā€ that Olabinjo had accompanied him and Abimbola and that, at the time, he said the workout didnā€™t happen because he had an interview to prepare for. But as Webb kept pressing him on specifics, Smollett grew more and more visibly frustrated.

One notable example was when the prosecution pressed Smollett to acknowledge that he drove around the area not one but three times with the Osundairo brothers.

ā€œDo you have any reason to disagree with police testimony that you passed by the intersection three times?ā€ Webb asked.

ā€œI donā€™t know,ā€ Smollett replies. ā€œI circled around the block.ā€

ā€œHow long were you there?ā€

ā€œWell you have the surveillance, you have to tell me,ā€ Smollett snapped back. ā€œIt was three years ago.ā€

It was clear that Webb had punctured a nerve with Smollett. After the actor tried to cast doubt on Abimbolaā€™s testimony by claiming the two had been in a sexual relationship, Webb put the focus back on Smollett, pressing him in an intense series of back-and-forth exchanges about the specific details of the night in question. These included whether Smollett thought a Walgreens was open for 24 hours, why he was looking for eggs in the middle of the night, whether or not heā€™d asked Abimbola about a workout that night, and on and on until the actor seemed to hit a breaking point.

"Iā€™m just concerned about answering yes or no,ā€ Smollett told Judge James Linn after Webb began to strike one of his responses as ā€œnon-responsive.ā€

"Please, please," Linn told him. ā€œItā€™s the same for all witnesses, itā€™s not personal to you. The lawyer asks questions, you answer them."

In a final round of back-and-forth, Webb pressed Smollett on the attack itself, and why Smollett changed his initial description of his attackers to the police from white to being ā€œpale skinned.ā€

By the end of his cross-examination, Webb had left many lingering questions about Smollettā€™s account of what happened for jurors to consider. Among them: If Smollett had delayed a workout with Abimbola that night, as he testified, why were there no follow up messages or calls about that?

As Webb wrapped up his questioning, he asked Smollett if ā€œgetting a few bruisesā€ had really impacted his acting career.

"Mr. Webb, I have a scar under my eye that looks like a bag for the rest of my life," Smollett replied, while also mentioning a "black circle" on his face. "Itā€™s absolutely a problem."

Webb then showed Smollett a photo of him during his controversial Feb. 2019 Good Morning America interview with Robin Roberts a few weeks after the attack. In the photo, Smollett did not appear to have any of the markings heā€™d just described on the stand.

Smollett clapped back, asking Webb if he knows what Hollywood interviews are like and insisting that the makeup provided to him on set "makes me look much better."

Damn, Jussieā€”how did you let him get you like that?

by Anonymousreply 129December 7, 2021 9:25 PM

Just in case it has been forgotten......Jussie's names is an anagram for I Jesus......

by Anonymousreply 130December 7, 2021 9:37 PM

No, it's not, not even the same number of letters. Do you know what an anagram is?

by Anonymousreply 131December 7, 2021 9:43 PM

Jussie Smollett and Kevin Sessums should end up together . The names alone. Kevin would try to get Jussie sober.

by Anonymousreply 132December 7, 2021 9:47 PM

Lol Jussie is not going to jail you fools. For 2 years?

Joy Ried? Is the same is republicans?

Where is the link to Don Lemon getting fired?

R120, TLP was trying to start a race war? Really? Is that what they were doing? Really now?

Jussie is an an anagram for Jesus?

Crackpot much?

by Anonymousreply 133December 7, 2021 9:49 PM

This thread is going down the tubs with fake gossip and unsubstantiated claims. This has been happening a lot on DL letā€™s let where they are miking up the gossip and living in a fantasyā€™s world. Gossip like this is NO FUN. Itā€™s all fake.

Itā€™s like fools good. What is the fun in that?

by Anonymousreply 134December 7, 2021 9:50 PM

This thread needs to regulate the lies and false claims or else Iā€™m moving in to another thread that is more fact based.

by Anonymousreply 135December 7, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote] Jussie Smollett and Kevin Sessums should end up together

The Smollett Sessums residence, the lady of the house speaking.

by Anonymousreply 136December 7, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote] Who are you talking about, [R119]?

Crackhead nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 137December 7, 2021 9:54 PM

DL IQ fell through the trap door sometime during covid.

by Anonymousreply 138December 7, 2021 9:54 PM

I donā€™t like being in the threads that turn into fake fantasy threads where the subject is going to be facing these made up, imagined circumstances and there will be some big, dramatic lead up to some fateful event and all of it is made up and fake. It makes me dizzy.

We need links, people. Back up your claims.

by Anonymousreply 139December 7, 2021 9:59 PM

Only posting this because of the Trump cult followers who were so upset that Pres Biden commented on the Rittenhouse case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 7, 2021 10:00 PM

There is a lot of competition to this thread so OP needs to clean it up if it is to survive.

by Anonymousreply 141December 7, 2021 10:01 PM

R129 That's part about the makeup is hilarious. Just how fucking dumb is Jussie that he walked right into that trap?

by Anonymousreply 142December 7, 2021 10:05 PM

I didn't read the whole thread...

Why in the hell did he choose for this to go to trial? He should've admitted his guilt and moved on quietly. This trial is just shredding any goodwill he might have had left.

by Anonymousreply 143December 7, 2021 10:08 PM

Because he has an ego the size of Kansas and an almost complete lack of shame, R143.

by Anonymousreply 144December 7, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]Should Harris have waited a bit before joining the bandwagon of people using this event as a way to promote black rights? Maybe, it was a calculated risk. But does it mean something nefarious or that she KNEW he was lying or other bullshit? No, no it does not.

Come on. She was an experienced prosecutor and DA. If she couldn't tell that Jussie was a lying sack of shit, then she's really incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 145December 7, 2021 10:27 PM

R140 People are mad that Biden called Rittenhouse a racist without any evidence and then, when he was found innocent, released a statement that implied it was the wrong decision. That isnā€™t anything like Trump calling out an actor for a staged racist attack.

by Anonymousreply 146December 7, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote] [R140] People are mad that Biden called Rittenhouse a racist without any evidence and then, when he was found innocent, released a statement that implied it was the wrong decision. That isnā€™t anything like Trump calling out an actor for a staged racist attack.

White supremacist Republican morons, like you were angry. Because while you enjoy believing and promoting white supremacist bullshit. You hate being called out.

After the verdict. Biden stated that the Justice System works and must be respected.

Now please continue sucking the dick of the moronic teen murderer and your orange lord and savior.

I will add that youā€™re correct murdering 2 people is nothing like filing a false police report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 7, 2021 10:48 PM

Smollett's testimony contradicted that of Bola Osundairo last week, who denied they had a sexual relationship and said he "didn't know" there was even any sexual tension. The defense has struggled to make headway on this point. Last week, during cross-examination of Ola Osundairo, a defense attorney asked him about his use of words they say paint him as homophobic. However, the judge told them to move on to another line of questioning. Defense attorney Tamara Walker then asked for a mistrial, sobbed in court and said the judge had "lunged" at her during a sidebar conversation. The judge denied the accusation and denied the motion for a mistrial, saying he was stunned by the request.

CNN's Omar Jimenez and Bill Kirkos reported from Chicago. Steve Almasy reported and wrote from Atlanta and Eric Levenson reported and wrote from New York.

by Anonymousreply 148December 7, 2021 10:57 PM

R148 So he found an attorney who is just as crazy and dramatic as him?

by Anonymousreply 149December 7, 2021 11:00 PM

Oh, as him what, dear?

by Anonymousreply 150December 7, 2021 11:13 PM

R150 Sorry, I didn't realize this is a top debating society.

by Anonymousreply 151December 7, 2021 11:17 PM

#Justice4Jussie.

They are bold-faced liars, homophones and racists out to frame him. I prey the truth will prevail.

by Anonymousreply 152December 7, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote] Only posting this because of the Trump cult followers who were so upset that Pres Biden commented on the Rittenhouse case.

When initially asked about it, Trump offered his sympathies to Smullet but upon learning the facts of what transpired, changed his assessment. That's totally different then what Biden did with Rittenhouse where he continued to promote lies even after video evidence.

by Anonymousreply 153December 7, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote] So he found an attorney who is just as crazy and dramatic as him?

If R66 is correct, Jussie is using a very cheap lawyer and is pocketing the savings.

by Anonymousreply 154December 7, 2021 11:22 PM

R152 = Jurnee

by Anonymousreply 155December 7, 2021 11:25 PM

De facto is a busy little troll. Lots of misinformation here. All of it overt RWNJ material

by Anonymousreply 156December 7, 2021 11:29 PM

It's only fair. If black people make up stories about being attacked, white people get to kill someone.

That's just science.

by Anonymousreply 157December 7, 2021 11:31 PM

You know what else is a crime? This trial not being televised. This would be like the Whitney Houston & Diane Sawyer interview being print only. So many one-liners that will live on forever in gay culture. But for this we get nada!

And like I've said before, in the unlikely event he does go to jail, it probably wont even be a week. The experts have said he will likely get a community service/fine type deal.

by Anonymousreply 158December 7, 2021 11:40 PM

After all this drama, can somebody please remind me why he faked the attack to begin with. Wasn't Empire still a big hit and wasn't Jussie's career going well. What was the purpose of staging the attack. What was the inciting incident that would make him gamble such big career potential. And now, why is he being belligerent with the court. This is massive self sabotaging. What am I missing here?

by Anonymousreply 159December 7, 2021 11:44 PM

Why would he go to jail? Jussie is the victim here.

by Anonymousreply 160December 7, 2021 11:44 PM

I will never get the mental image of Abimbola shooting a huge load all over the ceiling at Steamworks out of my head.

by Anonymousreply 161December 7, 2021 11:49 PM

What fool of an attorney would put their client on stand knowing he would be cross examined by Dan freaking Webb? Heā€™s not the assistant DA of Kenosha county.

by Anonymousreply 162December 7, 2021 11:51 PM

1000 murders in Chicago this year and this is what they are wasting taxpayers money on.

by Anonymousreply 163December 7, 2021 11:51 PM

R159 I think it was because he figured the sympathy for a gay black man being attacked by MAGA hat wearing thugs, would catapult his career to higher levels than Empire.

by Anonymousreply 164December 7, 2021 11:54 PM

Kyle Rittenhouse was incorrectly called a racist?

Okay, Breitbart troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 7, 2021 11:59 PM

R159, I heardā€”ok, I read somewhere on the internetā€”that Lee Daniels told him that he was gaining too much weight, indirectly threatening his gig with Empire. That triggered a whole hyper-dramatic insecurity spiral that lead to this colossal waste of tax payer money.

by Anonymousreply 166December 8, 2021 12:02 AM

R162 You think someone's with an ego like Jussie would accept not taking the stand? A lawyer can only advise, if their client demands something, they go along with it or quit.

by Anonymousreply 167December 8, 2021 12:12 AM

r159 Jussie had been frustrated for YEARS that his solo music career outside of Empire was not getting traction, despite the show being successful...Im sure the network put limitations on his solo efforts. This was a culmination of his frustration with the network, drug use, and personal life issues.

Jussie has been in the business forever. I'm sure he had visions of himself being a music star and the resentment built up as he approached his late 30s with his chances dwindling. I was surprised to learn that Frank Gatson was Jussie's creative director, and Frank was with him that night. Frank Gatson is one of the best in the industry, Jussie was really pouring himself and his money into it. He still had major potential, great looks, singing ability, and access to the right people to have a fabulous career, but alas.

by Anonymousreply 168December 8, 2021 12:12 AM

Jussie's best friend was Raven-SymonƩ...both gay working in TV and movies since they were kids, but Jussie had a fraction of her success. She was practically retired by 30; meanwhile he has some old queen telling him he's fat and he's paying dudes to fuck him. That likely did a number on him as well.

by Anonymousreply 169December 8, 2021 12:24 AM

ā€œHe's gay, that's why blacks aren't defending him.ā€

ā€”Anonymous t113

Heā€™s guilty , that is why NO ONE is defending him. His defence is frankly absurd and the fact he is talking about being a victim ,but is willingly throwing anyone and everyone to the dogs shows how absolutely narcissistic he is.

by Anonymousreply 170December 8, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote] I hate his first and last name.

Justa Smalldick

by Anonymousreply 171December 8, 2021 1:50 AM

I hope there is a special place in hell for those who fake such attacks because ultimately they are hurting those who really are victims of such attacks. The same goes for false rape and molestation claims.

by Anonymousreply 172December 8, 2021 1:55 AM

And this stupid small balls thought itwould make him super famous and loved. Just like another couple idiots we know.

by Anonymousreply 173December 8, 2021 2:01 AM

hope he fries with a side of canceled.

by Anonymousreply 174December 8, 2021 2:22 AM

R139 the thread is struggling because you have the right wingers who hate BLM and anyone associated with it (including all black people who claim to be for it) and they're trying to use this Jussie affair to denigrate them all. They're the ones who either post the little snide comments about Kamala Harris or Don Lemon, or conversely they post a long diatribe, which is reminiscent of the fanatics who camp in the Meghan Markle threads and write volumes on how awful they think she is.

Then you have the gleeful (and immature) cusp Millennial (?) black guy who keeps feverishly posting that the brothers are both gay and were obviously fucking Jussie and spraying cum all over the bathhouse, for whatever reason, I have no idea why, maybe they think it's hot, or maybe they just hope everyone hot is gay.

The intersection between the two is where you also have CDAN links which are always conveniently posted around the same time as anything controversial or newsworthy that reinforce some prejudice or another. Both the Meghan-freaks and the "I want this thing to be true" people use them because they both despise Jussie not so much for what he did but for who he is and that he was a successful black man. Replace Jussie with any number of black people and they will have the same reaction.

You also have the "he will never go to jail because rich folk rule the world" posters whose cynical and nihilistic viewpoint stops the direction of any conversation.

And lastly, you have people who didn't really give a shit about Jussie until he started this nonsense, and just want him to get SOME punishment, and find the case interesting and dramatic and entertaining but also don't want fake blind items, random right wing inspired attacks at anyone who initially supported Jussie, weird speculations and other non-facts to pollute the discussion. And especially don't want posters who seem to be masturbating furiously on the other side of the screen while they are posting, like a lot of the gleeful posters above.

by Anonymousreply 175December 8, 2021 3:24 AM

R163 the thing about the law is that if you don't enforce it, fewer and fewer people will follow it. So yes that means even smaller stuff like traffic tickets, trying to achieve fame by staging a fake hate crime, and bar fights go through the legal system if the people breaking those laws are caught. That's law and order for you.

by Anonymousreply 176December 8, 2021 3:32 AM

ā€œor conversely they post a long diatribe, which is reminiscent of the fanatics who campā€

As opposed to you, of course

by Anonymousreply 177December 8, 2021 3:35 AM

R159 this wasn't the first attempt he made to get attention by faking a hate crime, remember. There was the mysterious letter sent to the studio before. When it didn't have the impact he wanted, and since he never got on trouble for it, he tried again, with something bolder and more dramatic. And if that hadn't worked he likely would have tried something even more escalated.

He seems to surround himself with yes men and friend-of-a-friend recommended vendors, so I'm not surprised he thought he could pull this off.

by Anonymousreply 178December 8, 2021 3:35 AM

R177 Of course it's different. I was explaining the thread dynamics. But nice try. Guessing something I said hit close to home for you.

by Anonymousreply 179December 8, 2021 3:36 AM

[quote]There was the mysterious letter sent to the studio before.

If it was from a small foreign faction, then Not Guilty!

by Anonymousreply 180December 8, 2021 3:57 AM

I thought he was maybe 28 years old. He's 39 years old. He's NOT a kid anymore.

by Anonymousreply 181December 8, 2021 4:10 AM

Joey Jackson was just on CNN with Don Lemon discussing Jussie and brought up the "downlow" activities Jussie says the brothers participated in, Don was looking like damn we are really going there tonight? lol

by Anonymousreply 182December 8, 2021 4:26 AM

Ain't nothing downlow about Don Lemon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 8, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote] I prey the truth will prevail.

Good luck with that, R152.

by Anonymousreply 184December 8, 2021 4:57 AM

Jussie's going to get perjury charges thrown at him after this trial as well. His collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 185December 8, 2021 5:06 AM

Babylon Bee, ultra conservative? Yeah, sure..

by Anonymousreply 186December 8, 2021 5:08 AM

R169, To also add salt to the wound, it must kill him that his sister Jurnee is having an amazing career on television and film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 8, 2021 5:29 AM

Smollett interrupted the special prosecutor as he was reading aloud one of Smollettā€™s messages that had the N word in it.

ā€œCan you spell or say the N word out of respect for every African American in this room? Youā€™ve been saying it a lot.ā€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 8, 2021 5:46 AM

R169 No sheā€™s not. Gets cast in dreck because sheā€™s pretty. Tyler Perryā€™s infidelity (or whatever) co-starring KIM K?! The last good reviews for her acting came in 1997 when sheā€™s a child for Eveā€™s Bayou. Still more than Jussie can say.

by Anonymousreply 189December 8, 2021 5:59 AM

He has a famous sister as well? Do they have the same parents - I wouldn't guess she's black.

by Anonymousreply 190December 8, 2021 6:19 AM

Good going Jussie! Youā€™ve set back black perceptions and gay stereotypes back by 50 years. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 191December 8, 2021 7:14 AM

R190 No, different parents. Two different parents. Youā€™re right, the sister pictured is completely white.

by Anonymousreply 192December 8, 2021 7:14 AM

R175 is nutty and nonsensical. What the fuck you think your explaining to people here bruh?

by Anonymousreply 193December 8, 2021 8:08 AM

R193 - ā€œWhat the fuck you think your explaining to people here bruh?ā€

Are you drunk or high? This is one of the worst responses Iā€™ve read in a while. First of all, *YOUā€™RE* is the proper usage. And secondly, R175 was very intelligent and succinct in his explanation, which apparently you need. And thirdly, your use of the word ā€œbruhā€ illuminates your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 194December 8, 2021 8:22 AM

Smollett on the stand shows stupidity reigns. He is lacking brain cells, he needs to stop believing any p r is good p r. In his case, he's sunk his own ship.

by Anonymousreply 195December 8, 2021 9:36 AM

[quote]I thought he was maybe 28 years old. He's 39 years old. He's NOT a kid anymore.

28 isnā€™t a kid.

by Anonymousreply 196December 8, 2021 12:17 PM

R179 take your pompass hot air somewhere else

by Anonymousreply 197December 8, 2021 1:31 PM

R186 uh, it is. I'm guessing you haven't read it or seen its Twitter or the guys who write its Twitter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

by Anonymousreply 198December 8, 2021 1:40 PM

Oh dear, r197.

by Anonymousreply 199December 8, 2021 1:41 PM

Jussie's only hope is that the judge uses "ethnomathematics" to tally the jurors' votes.

by Anonymousreply 200December 8, 2021 1:44 PM

R188 hah, he thought he had done something there. "I know! I'll subtly call him racist for reading my words!"

by Anonymousreply 201December 8, 2021 1:44 PM

What was the reason the Judge banned cameras for this trial?

by Anonymousreply 202December 8, 2021 1:49 PM

I wonder if the ā€œfamousā€ sister will visit him in prison?

by Anonymousreply 203December 8, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote]Well, after reading about Jussie Smollet, he may be the worst gay man in all of gay history.

Hear! Hear!

by Anonymousreply 204December 8, 2021 2:39 PM

[quote]Well, after reading about Jussie Smollet, he may be the worst gay man in all of gay history.

Disgusting, isnā€™t it?

by Anonymousreply 205December 8, 2021 2:42 PM

Twitter intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 206December 8, 2021 2:43 PM

Closing arguments are happening right now

by Anonymousreply 207December 8, 2021 2:45 PM

It's unbelievable that even on a gay site there is all this homophobic and racists attacks on our Jussie. We should be supporting, not attaching him!

by Anonymousreply 208December 8, 2021 2:45 PM

R208 = Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 209December 8, 2021 2:47 PM

Supporting?

by Anonymousreply 210December 8, 2021 2:53 PM

Attaching?

by Anonymousreply 211December 8, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote]We should be supporting, not attaching him!

But I brought my stapler and everything.

by Anonymousreply 212December 8, 2021 3:04 PM

We should be attaching him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 8, 2021 3:08 PM

R213 really? You need extensive therapy. F&F.

by Anonymousreply 214December 8, 2021 3:13 PM

according to a reporter at the Washington Post, Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar were the only Democratic candidates who did not make a statement condemning the "attack" when it first happened. I'm guessing the Midwesterners smelled bullshit and you knew no on was up for lynching at 2 AM in a polar vortex.

by Anonymousreply 215December 8, 2021 3:30 PM

R215 source?

You mean candidates who were running for President at the time, I presume.

by Anonymousreply 216December 8, 2021 3:33 PM

R216 Yes. And also Kamala Harris even though she had not formally announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 8, 2021 3:47 PM

A good thread for the start of closing arguments. Judge won't be putting time limits on either side. Click image for more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 8, 2021 3:59 PM

R100 nah Perez Hilton and Alan Sarapa are still the frontrunners. At least Jussie is good looking. THough he might win as stupidest.2-

by Anonymousreply 219December 8, 2021 4:03 PM

A month before Jussie staged the attack, Lee Daniels posted on instagram that his gay cousin had been the victim of a hate crime, because he was gay.

The Empire cast and crew all believe that Jussie was inspired by Lee's cousin's attack to stage his own attack.

If you watch his embarrassing GMA interview, you'll notice it was very important for him to mention that he'd "Fought the fuck back." I think Jussie's takeaway from the Lee Daniels cousin story was "why didn't he fight back??" So Jussie staged the attack partly to rectify that, and show that HE was a different kind of gay.

The guy is absolutely insane. That smug look he always seems to have on his face really bugs.

by Anonymousreply 220December 8, 2021 4:34 PM

Now his useless defense team starts their arguments...or whining, as might be more accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 8, 2021 4:39 PM

[quote]He's NOT a kid anymore.

I don't think he'll ever be a kid again kiddo!

by Anonymousreply 222December 8, 2021 4:41 PM

I think this will be a quick jury decision.

by Anonymousreply 223December 8, 2021 4:59 PM

defense closing arguments are getting silly. ""They cannot even prove to you beyond a reasonable doubt that thereā€™s a polar vortex," Uche says. There were multiple people in the Subway that night, he says, implying that it couldn't have been so cold that they all kept away. ā€œMaybe they were in on the hoax too," he jokes."

by Anonymousreply 224December 8, 2021 5:20 PM

^^Wow. Really?

I suspect a lot of these jurors are laughing inside. Why are Jussieā€™s lawyers so weak? I thought Jurnee was paying.

by Anonymousreply 225December 8, 2021 5:31 PM

The closing arguments from the defense are trying to paint the brothers as publicity hounds who thought it all up themselves and Jussie as an innocent victim, but he doesn't seem to be answering any of the issues brought up by the prosecution's closing arguments.

But the brothers aren't on trial. They aren't the ones with the charges. None of it makes sense. He's trying to sow reasonable doubt but I don't think he is doing a good job.

by Anonymousreply 226December 8, 2021 5:52 PM

And all of these people that the defense claims saw white people around the area beforehand - none of them testified under oath and none of them were interviewed by police, with the exception of the one security guard.

by Anonymousreply 227December 8, 2021 5:54 PM

R227 just because there was white people in the vicinity doesnā€™t make them a lynching party.

Also the defence claim the prosecution didnā€™t prove there was a polar vortex is ridiculous. The jurors all know there was one because they experienced it themselves. It didnā€™t need to be proven any more than the fact it is was at night, it just was.

I would put up a kid that watches Perry Mason and Matlock reruns with their grandparents against these lawyers and the kid would probably win.

by Anonymousreply 228December 8, 2021 6:00 PM

Is that Fox News reporter @MattFinnFNC whoā€™s tweeting about this (gleefully for a Fox audience) gay? He sure looks and sounds like he is.

by Anonymousreply 229December 8, 2021 6:16 PM

Jurnee is cheap.

by Anonymousreply 230December 8, 2021 6:17 PM

Was the salad called to the stand?

by Anonymousreply 231December 8, 2021 6:17 PM

Interesting how the media (except for Fox) has completely ignored the trial. Not a word about it today watching CNN, MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 232December 8, 2021 6:34 PM

r228 the defense seems to be depending on the internet school of bad faith arguing. "We can't prove fish exist, so we can't prove there are two biological human sexes" nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 233December 8, 2021 6:58 PM

R232, it's actually not important.

by Anonymousreply 234December 8, 2021 6:59 PM

r232 they haven't ignored it, despite right wing whining about how the media is ignoring it. There's been stories about it daily on CNN and other news outlets, livestreaming blogs, etc.

It's just not televised, so it's not a spectacle and there's not much to show on television. That's the same reason the Maxwell trial isn't getting as much coverage, and the same reason the other major trials happening aren't getting as much coverage.

Rittenhouse was shown live because the judge chose to let the cameras in. They're forbidden in federal courts and it's up to the individual judges (assuming they aren't limited by state laws) whether they allow cameras in or not.

by Anonymousreply 235December 8, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote] Not a word about it today watching CNN, MSNBC.

I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 236December 8, 2021 7:03 PM

Is the only source for "Jurnee paid for Smollett's defense" that CDAN article or is it based on actual fact, like some of the posters here seem to be pretending?

Because Jussie was making $100k per episode in Season 5 of Empire, and that was 18 episodes. He's worth millions and I don't know why his sister would volunteer to pay for it when he has the money himself.

It seems more like some weird troll attempt to make him seem less masculine and successful "oh look he's dependent on his more successful sister, a woman! haha!"

by Anonymousreply 237December 8, 2021 7:03 PM

Didn't he admit his guilt with Kimm Foxx and do community service? Why wasn't that brought up?

by Anonymousreply 238December 8, 2021 7:04 PM

Here's one of the stories from MSNBC about the trial from yesterday. I'm thinking you're not looking very hard, or expecting it to be shown all day long like the Rittenhouse trial was - which was because press was allowed in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 8, 2021 7:05 PM

Majorly disappointed with this queen.

by Anonymousreply 240December 8, 2021 7:05 PM

Coverage from CNN (on TV, they've had livestreaming blogs the entire time).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 8, 2021 7:05 PM

Here's what Newsmax is covering, the right wing Russia propaganda network:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 8, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote]Why are Jussieā€™s lawyers so weak? I thought Jurnee was paying.

Jurnee be broke.

by Anonymousreply 243December 8, 2021 7:08 PM

Reality doesn't break through to you guys, does it.

by Anonymousreply 244December 8, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote] Because Jussie was making $100k per episode in Season 5 of Empire, and that was 18 episodes. He's worth millions

Was he in every episode? Even if he was, that's $1.8M, with after-tax take home pay about half that. And with his lifestyle expenses, I would guess he's worth somewhere under one million at most. Does he own a home?

by Anonymousreply 245December 8, 2021 7:10 PM

who gave r232 a ww when that information is just completely made up and a bald faded lie. Who is wwing liars?

This thread is so full of crap. Iā€™m out!

by Anonymousreply 246December 8, 2021 7:11 PM

His team of crying lawyer$ can't be cheap.

by Anonymousreply 247December 8, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote] Because Jussie was making $100k per episode in Season 5 of Empire, and that was 18 episodes. He's worth millions.

Well, after taxes, that 1.8 million becomes around 900,000. Minus agentā€™s fees, a bit above 700,000. A good yearā€™s salary to be sure, but heā€™ll never make that again.

by Anonymousreply 248December 8, 2021 7:15 PM

Word salad was brought to the stand, R231

by Anonymousreply 249December 8, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote] Didn't he admit his guilt with Kimm Foxx and do community service? Why wasn't that brought up?

He didn't, R238. That was one of the things that outraged people about the deal Foxx made with him. He just had to do a few hours of community service and didn't even have to admit guilt. That's partly what spurred this special prosecution trial he's going through now.

by Anonymousreply 250December 8, 2021 7:17 PM

[quote]they haven't ignored it,

No, you are wrong.

They have ignored it.

Your assertion that "It's just not televised, so it's not a spectacle and there's not much to show on television. " is absurd.

It WAS a news story when the event happened. A BIG news story.

That CNN and MSNBC provide no follow up is shameful.

by Anonymousreply 251December 8, 2021 7:19 PM

Oh, Jesus. Is that you, Laura Ingraham at R251? Why donā€™t you go press your white hoods for your ā€œmeetingsā€ this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 252December 8, 2021 7:29 PM

Do you think Journee (and the rest of the family) actually believe him?

by Anonymousreply 253December 8, 2021 7:37 PM

Thanks R250.

by Anonymousreply 254December 8, 2021 7:42 PM

Two years ago

Some things never change

Kamala Harris freezes when asked about Jussie Smollett case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 8, 2021 7:43 PM

Listen the idiot at R252. His post explains everything.

by Anonymousreply 256December 8, 2021 7:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 8, 2021 7:45 PM

The whole family should be thrown in jail, solely for inflicting those idiotic god-awful names on an innocent public!

by Anonymousreply 258December 8, 2021 7:50 PM

Isn't Jussie from mixing Jesus and something else?

by Anonymousreply 259December 8, 2021 7:53 PM

"I, Jesus"

by Anonymousreply 260December 8, 2021 8:05 PM

#Justice4Jussie

by Anonymousreply 261December 8, 2021 8:09 PM

This will end in a mistrial. The jury has one black person, and the chances of that person voting to convict are zero percent.

by Anonymousreply 262December 8, 2021 8:11 PM

R262, thatā€™s so patently ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 263December 8, 2021 8:12 PM

If he is likely just to get probation, then what is the point?

by Anonymousreply 264December 8, 2021 8:16 PM

R262 Nah, Black people have not been very sympathetic to him.

by Anonymousreply 265December 8, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote] [R213] really? You need extensive therapy. F&F.

Poor prissy queen with no sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 266December 8, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote] If he is likely just to get probation, then what is the point?

The point is the judge could order Jussie to pay for the whole damn thing if he is found guilty. He might only get Community Service, but he may well become financially bankrupt!

by Anonymousreply 267December 8, 2021 8:55 PM

It's #Justice4Juicy, R261.

by Anonymousreply 268December 8, 2021 9:23 PM

His punishment should be Madea giving him an ass whipping live on tv.

by Anonymousreply 269December 8, 2021 9:27 PM

2+2 = 4

1+3 = 4

QED: 3+2 = 4

by Anonymousreply 270December 8, 2021 9:33 PM

Don Lemon is one of the biggest famewhores in the news media today. Prior to Dump getting elected, he was about as conservative as you could get on many issues (including race issues), and then did one of the biggest 180's in a matter of months. But every once in a while, he shows his true colors, like when he threw Brooke Baldwin's ass under the bus over her claims of women being marginalized at CNN. (Despite them being very close friends at one point) He even had the brass balls to tell Baldwin on air that she should have taken the boss out to lunch if she wanted to get ahead.

People who still take sides when it comes to the media are gullible fools. The majority of them do not care about the average person. They care about themselves and lining their own pockets. It's performative bull crap.

by Anonymousreply 271December 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Would you rather be Jussie or Alec right now?

by Anonymousreply 272December 8, 2021 9:46 PM

Neither !

by Anonymousreply 273December 8, 2021 9:48 PM

R271 is spot on about Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 274December 8, 2021 9:49 PM

Alec, but only if I can make the lunatic wife and kids magically disappear R272.

by Anonymousreply 275December 8, 2021 9:51 PM

Don Lemon is just one of the worst people on television period. You can just feel the negative, phony, narcissistic energy pouring from him. Bad human being.

by Anonymousreply 276December 8, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote] Don Lemon is just one of the worst people on television period. You can just feel the negative, phony, narcissistic energy pouring from him. Bad human being.

In other words he is a typical 21st century CNN host

by Anonymousreply 277December 8, 2021 10:02 PM

Does anyone know the current status of the trial? Are the jurors deliberating or have they been sent home for the night?

by Anonymousreply 278December 8, 2021 10:09 PM

No verdict today R278

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 8, 2021 10:17 PM

The fact the jury didn't decide today is favorable to Jussie. Most people assumed this would be a slam dunk.

by Anonymousreply 280December 8, 2021 10:25 PM

R222 Marry me (a little)

by Anonymousreply 281December 8, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]This will end in a mistrial. The jury has one black person,

Makes absolutely no difference r262. As r265 said black people's opinions on the matter are as varied as another group. Also, he is claiming a straight identified black man had sex with him, which is probably the more unfavorable to some than the actual crime.

But like I've said its still very unlikely he will get jail time if convicted.

by Anonymousreply 282December 8, 2021 10:29 PM

What a smug piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 283December 8, 2021 10:30 PM

Is the jury sequestered? Even if not, they get a daily rate of pay, you could just have a member or two who wanted one more day for the money. I wouldn't read too much into them not immediately reaching a verdict.

by Anonymousreply 284December 8, 2021 10:32 PM

I donā€™t believe the twins are straight. If they claimed they were, theyā€™re lying under oath.

by Anonymousreply 285December 8, 2021 10:33 PM

What exactly is his defense? Is he still claiming that white MAGAs beat him up??

by Anonymousreply 286December 8, 2021 10:42 PM

R284, Juror pay is usually just a nominal amount of money.

by Anonymousreply 287December 8, 2021 10:42 PM

R287 Yes, but if you get an older person on a fixed income on one, that nominal pay looks pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 288December 8, 2021 10:49 PM

I never got paid for my jury duty.

by Anonymousreply 289December 8, 2021 10:51 PM

R245 that was for one season. He was likely well paid before then too.

I know you want that Jurnee story to be true, but pretending he didn't have and doesn't have money is silly.

by Anonymousreply 290December 8, 2021 10:52 PM

Some states only pay if you're below a certain income level or if you're not getting paid leave from your job to attend the trial.

by Anonymousreply 291December 8, 2021 10:52 PM

Do they get a fancy hotel room?

by Anonymousreply 292December 8, 2021 10:56 PM

R266 sorry dear, you just aren't funny. Humor is a sign of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 293December 8, 2021 10:56 PM

r286, yes, and to distract from that huge lie the defense is claiming that one of the brothers had a sexual relationship with Jussie and turned on him by claiming Jussie paid them for services other than personal training. Essentially Jussie is try to play the role of a damsel in distress who totally succumbed to the masculine wiles of African trade

Its funny how he claimed to be the gay Tupac, but in the same breath wants us to believe he is an unassuming, delicate flower who was taken advantage of. You can't have it both ways sir

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 8, 2021 10:59 PM

According to the internet jurors in Cook County get around $17.20 a day. Not much. But, again if you are talking about a person on Social Security, SSI, or some other form of welfare, an extra $17.20 right before the holidays is worth stretching it out for one extra day, especially if you have nothing else to do.

by Anonymousreply 295December 8, 2021 11:03 PM

I seriously doubt they are stretching it out intentionally.

by Anonymousreply 296December 8, 2021 11:04 PM

Jussie is innocent. Nobody is holding out for $17.00?? You're nutty R295. And RACIST.

by Anonymousreply 297December 8, 2021 11:05 PM

I told you all, the one black juror will never convict.

by Anonymousreply 298December 8, 2021 11:10 PM

Is the black juror the one on welfare, desperate for $17.20?

by Anonymousreply 299December 8, 2021 11:17 PM

They are going to find him guilty, but they want to make it look like they actually put some time into it is my guess. They probably took an initial vote as soon as they got into the jury room and it it was clear. But to mosey on out 15 minutes later with their verdict would have been a "bad look".

by Anonymousreply 300December 8, 2021 11:19 PM

Judging on her hair alone, Iā€™m guessing Jussieā€™s crazy comes from his mother

by Anonymousreply 301December 8, 2021 11:20 PM

They finished the closing arguments in the afternoon. The jury goes home shortly after that. They haven't even had time to review everything.

by Anonymousreply 302December 8, 2021 11:21 PM

Catering provided by Subway? Asking for a friend (the salad).

by Anonymousreply 303December 8, 2021 11:23 PM

If Juicy is found guilty, will he appeal? How long can he stretch this out?

by Anonymousreply 304December 8, 2021 11:24 PM

I didn't watch or read anything about the trial. Does the gay community want him found guilty or what?

by Anonymousreply 305December 8, 2021 11:30 PM

R305 read some of the thread?

by Anonymousreply 306December 8, 2021 11:31 PM

The gay community would like justice to be served.

by Anonymousreply 307December 8, 2021 11:32 PM

One nutjob on here wants him found guilty. The trial is a non event. Gay on Gay crime. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 308December 8, 2021 11:33 PM

R308 The Nigerians are not gay.

by Anonymousreply 309December 8, 2021 11:36 PM

They are GAY FOR PAY. $17.20 a day! #Justice4Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 310December 8, 2021 11:40 PM

I'm not going to bother to find the link, but the NYPost reported they did begin deliberations before breaking for the night.

by Anonymousreply 311December 8, 2021 11:41 PM

Why arenā€™t they gay.

by Anonymousreply 312December 8, 2021 11:41 PM

g4p. And work as extras on Empire.

by Anonymousreply 313December 8, 2021 11:43 PM

Why are they gay for pay.

by Anonymousreply 314December 8, 2021 11:44 PM

They do the gay things for cash.

by Anonymousreply 315December 8, 2021 11:47 PM

Why do they have to be. Why canā€™t they bi. Or gay.

by Anonymousreply 316December 8, 2021 11:49 PM

Why, in the gay manā€™s mind, is gay for pay more believable, more acceptable than actually being bi or gay?

by Anonymousreply 317December 8, 2021 11:50 PM

R317 Who said that?

by Anonymousreply 318December 8, 2021 11:52 PM

Gay is a lifestyle choice that most Nigerians would not want. But everyone likes money and being on TV. When you're built like that - the gay mens will pay just to touch your body.

Jussie liked it a big rougher. But they misunderstood the assignment. It's all been a misunderstanding. Jussie should have paid more. Gay for Pay is not cheap.

by Anonymousreply 319December 8, 2021 11:53 PM

The gay man insistent the two Nigerians are that homophobic ā€œgay for payā€.

by Anonymousreply 320December 8, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote]Gay is a lifestyle choice

Valid point.

by Anonymousreply 321December 8, 2021 11:56 PM

[quote] Gay is a lifestyle choice that most Nigerians would not want.

Thank you, Senator Jesse Helms. We've progressed a bit beyond those ideas, though--it's no longer 1983.

by Anonymousreply 322December 9, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote] [R308] The Nigerians are not gay.

Neither am I!

by Anonymousreply 323December 9, 2021 12:05 AM

The jury deliberated for 2 hours today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 9, 2021 12:06 AM

[quote]Gay is a lifestyle choice

When will this notion become acceptable? Itā€™s only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 325December 9, 2021 12:07 AM

Where the men go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 326December 9, 2021 12:11 AM

Going up into the man costs extra. A lot more.

by Anonymousreply 327December 9, 2021 12:12 AM

The jury asked to see the calender the prosecution entered into evidence of the days the three got together and drove around the area.

by Anonymousreply 328December 9, 2021 12:28 AM

[quote]Do they get a fancy hotel room?

The Fairprice Motel.

by Anonymousreply 329December 9, 2021 12:34 AM

So this thread has got homophobe right wingers posting, I'm unsurprised.

by Anonymousreply 330December 9, 2021 12:34 AM

^^^ Oh honey, this thread has had them all. Just wait awhile. If you haven't see it yet, don't worry, they'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 331December 9, 2021 12:37 AM

r330 dont take these hoes seriously. They are trolling like Jussie, stunt queen of century šŸ˜

by Anonymousreply 332December 9, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote]Gay is a lifestyle choice that most Nigerians would not want

I stopped reading after "lifestyle choice."

by Anonymousreply 333December 9, 2021 1:12 AM

He was ravaged by Nigerians.

by Anonymousreply 334December 9, 2021 4:37 AM

If he does community service I vote for Naomi Campbell to choose his wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 335December 9, 2021 5:26 AM

R131 and R133, he obviously meant "I, Jesus" which does have the same letters as "Jussie". It also was probably a joke, not a conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 336December 9, 2021 7:48 AM

It was probably narcissism.

R336, see r259 and r260.

by Anonymousreply 337December 9, 2021 8:23 AM

[quote]It's almost impossible to not somehow develop an emotional attachment to someone you're fucking.

Not for men it isn't. In fact, it's usually the other way around. Especially if the sex takes place too soon in the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 338December 9, 2021 1:59 PM

Is there such a thing as fucking too soon? I don't understand the concept.

by Anonymousreply 339December 9, 2021 2:25 PM

He's got a movie and TV series io the works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340December 9, 2021 2:45 PM

R340 Sounds like ā€˜Life Twirls Onā€™ from Kenya. Aka not a real project

by Anonymousreply 341December 9, 2021 2:58 PM

If he's found guilty and gets jail time hopefully those projects will go kaput.

by Anonymousreply 342December 9, 2021 4:38 PM

Jurors have been deliberating for just over four hours total. Looks like Jussie's stage presence (from the witness stand) made an impression.

by Anonymousreply 343December 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Guilty

by Anonymousreply 344December 9, 2021 4:52 PM

Really, R344?

by Anonymousreply 345December 9, 2021 5:09 PM

They haven't finished deliberating yet, r344 is wishful thinking af this point.

by Anonymousreply 346December 9, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]He's got a movie and TV series in the works.

"Shopping" new projects, as the headline says, and actually having new projects in the works are very different things.

by Anonymousreply 347December 9, 2021 5:21 PM

Is it a hung jury? And yes, Iā€™m asking about the men on the jury.

by Anonymousreply 348December 9, 2021 5:51 PM

R343 What a stupid thing to say. Court isnā€™t a sitcom in which people walk into deliberations and shout ā€œguilty!ā€, no matter how good the evidence. They have to take time and speak, and look at all the evidence.

It took the Duggar case two days, and that was a slam dunk.

by Anonymousreply 349December 9, 2021 6:03 PM

Lol at him having projects in the works. As if.

by Anonymousreply 350December 9, 2021 6:04 PM

I don't care as much if he gets jail time, I'd like it,but it' is doubtful. But if this little cunt gets a not guilty verdict, I'm going to be fucking LIVID.

MARY! MARY! MARY!

Yes, I know, but whatever. Mary! a thousand times over, I'm not joking. LIVID. This is the same little bitch who made his younger brother take the fall for his DUI some years ago. He's a hemorrhoid on the face of the earth.

That said, let's remember that this trial isn't over until Crissy Metz sings.

by Anonymousreply 351December 9, 2021 6:07 PM

R347 The film he directed premiered but hasnā€™t even found a distributor. I feel bad for the actors involved however. It was a Black gay love story, so it would have gotten praise regardless of how shit it was because it is now taboo to criticize Black films. If he would have just not been a idiot and fake a hate crime, he would have gotten tons of awards for it.

by Anonymousreply 352December 9, 2021 6:07 PM

R343 Theyā€™ve been deliberating for 6+ hours total. Doing their due diligence, going through all the evidence.

Some other deliberation times:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353December 9, 2021 6:31 PM

If they find him not guilty, this man will be the epitome of the word "insufferable"

by Anonymousreply 354December 9, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote] If they find him not guilty, this man will be the epitome of the word "insufferable"

And that position had already been filled by Harry & Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 355December 9, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote Lol at him having projects in the works. As if.

This asshole canā€™t afford Jen Anistonā€™s publicist. NOBODY believes he has any projects in the works.

by Anonymousreply 356December 9, 2021 6:39 PM

JUST ONE FUCKING THREAD WITHOUT MENTIONING HARRY AND MEGHAN PLEASE GOD!

by Anonymousreply 357December 9, 2021 6:53 PM

i'm guessing hung jury or not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 358December 9, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote]Jurors have been deliberating for just over four hours total. Looks like Jussie's stage presence (from the witness stand) made an impression.

If he walks, I think that will be a reason why.

He was smart to take the stand. He's an actor, a performer and totally brazenly convinced of his innocence and that really can sway people.

by Anonymousreply 359December 9, 2021 7:38 PM

Have you ever sat on a jury? Absolutely anything is possible. You would not believe how truly stupid our average, fellow Americans really are until you see them in a setting in which they are asked to think.

by Anonymousreply 360December 9, 2021 8:25 PM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 361December 9, 2021 8:29 PM

[Quote]Any updates?

Still deliberating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 9, 2021 8:37 PM

I was a jury member on a murder trial. In downtown Brooklyn with a. cross section of New Yorkers. Ivy League doctorate here. I was impressed by how quickly my fellow jurors identified the key questions and how we dealt with them precisely. It took 2 days, so one overnight.

by Anonymousreply 363December 9, 2021 8:39 PM

Fucking hell. Look at that cooze posing at r362 He should have the book thrown at him for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 364December 9, 2021 8:40 PM

My experience on a jury was similar to r363. Ordinary people trying to be fair. The sneering was in no way descriptive of them.

by Anonymousreply 365December 9, 2021 8:48 PM

I feel bad for his mum.

by Anonymousreply 366December 9, 2021 9:01 PM

Thereā€™s a verdict, guys!

by Anonymousreply 367December 9, 2021 9:21 PM

verdict!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 9, 2021 9:22 PM

He should pay for the disloyalty to his friends, alone.

by Anonymousreply 369December 9, 2021 9:23 PM

One may hope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370December 9, 2021 9:25 PM

Iā€™ve been on several Manhattan juries. They were all miserable experiences. On one, a woman sat in the corner and refused to participate in discussion because ā€œshe was disrespected.ā€ Never did find out why she felt slighted. And she started this crap from the moment the trial had finished and we were led back to the jury room.

by Anonymousreply 371December 9, 2021 9:26 PM

Well. Manhattan is Capital of Neurosis.

by Anonymousreply 372December 9, 2021 9:29 PM

Verdict in! Live....

by Anonymousreply 373December 9, 2021 9:31 PM

I hope they find him guilty.

by Anonymousreply 374December 9, 2021 9:37 PM

Please please please....guilty guilty guilty. Please please please

Let Crissy Metz sing already!

by Anonymousreply 375December 9, 2021 9:39 PM

R439 i hope u can kiss my ass

by Anonymousreply 376December 9, 2021 9:41 PM

Why are there not federal charges for the made up threatening letter? To my mind, that was the bigger crime.

by Anonymousreply 377December 9, 2021 9:42 PM

Verdict reached. Iā€™m watching FOX News, because the woke networks arenā€™t covering it, of course.

by Anonymousreply 378December 9, 2021 9:43 PM

I wish this trial was here in Texas where we have the death penalty available.

by Anonymousreply 379December 9, 2021 9:44 PM

r377 That falls under the FBI and it turns out that they can take their very long sweet time to decide to prosecute or not. Let's hope that after this, they swoop in.

by Anonymousreply 380December 9, 2021 9:44 PM

I don't think they found proof he wrote it, R377. The FBI was supposed to be investigating.

by Anonymousreply 381December 9, 2021 9:45 PM

Are the Smellits being rushed to court in a limo.....will they all stand and hold hands to hear the verdict.....well Jesus and God be thanked and praised......

Will Jussie and Justice triumph?

by Anonymousreply 382December 9, 2021 9:47 PM

Ola in the house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 9, 2021 9:48 PM

Ellen Page is holding her breath

by Anonymousreply 384December 9, 2021 9:49 PM

Juicy is enjoying a subway sandwich before he finds out the verdict

by Anonymousreply 385December 9, 2021 9:49 PM

If found not guilty, can you imagine how insufferable he will be. Hell go on a victory tour

by Anonymousreply 386December 9, 2021 9:49 PM

If those two Nigerians are claiming to be straight, I hope not guilty for Jussie. I change my mind.

by Anonymousreply 387December 9, 2021 9:50 PM

They are lying under oath.

by Anonymousreply 388December 9, 2021 9:50 PM

Jussie will burn in hell for this.

by Anonymousreply 389December 9, 2021 9:51 PM

I think the credibility of those two might sink this case. They were clearly lying about being gay (although I believe them about the setup). Might be enough for reasonable doubt.

by Anonymousreply 390December 9, 2021 9:52 PM

And if he is found guilty, he will act like he's been crucified on a cross unjustly. He'll never stop playing the martyr card.

by Anonymousreply 391December 9, 2021 9:53 PM

Clearly lying about being gay?

by Anonymousreply 392December 9, 2021 9:53 PM

Only one of the brothers was possibly gay.

by Anonymousreply 393December 9, 2021 9:54 PM

Ugh hurry up!!!

by Anonymousreply 394December 9, 2021 9:56 PM

You canā€™t possibly be gay or bi when youā€™re masturbating and having sex with guys.

by Anonymousreply 395December 9, 2021 9:56 PM

The court room is waiting for Jussie. He must be putting on his make-up

by Anonymousreply 396December 9, 2021 9:56 PM

Even if he is found not guilty, he truly is a piece of shit lowlife. Actually, no. Shit is a higher class than Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 397December 9, 2021 9:57 PM

This little asshole is keeping everyone waiting.

by Anonymousreply 398December 9, 2021 9:57 PM

He removed his Spanx to eat a faux tuna sub.

by Anonymousreply 399December 9, 2021 9:58 PM

I'm almost finished with this damned sweater.

by Anonymousreply 400December 9, 2021 9:59 PM

Damn, that was fast! I think it means guilty!

by Anonymousreply 401December 9, 2021 9:59 PM

I hope he is taken into custody.

by Anonymousreply 402December 9, 2021 10:00 PM

BLM is gonna riot if it's a guilty verdict! They don't believe the cops

by Anonymousreply 403December 9, 2021 10:00 PM

R401 Not that fast. Was about 8 hours in total.

by Anonymousreply 404December 9, 2021 10:01 PM

Livestream from the front doors of the court house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405December 9, 2021 10:01 PM

They wonā€™t r402. And r403, your troll skills are sadly lacking.

by Anonymousreply 406December 9, 2021 10:02 PM

Never mind BLM rioting if it's a guilty verdict!, the Big Bang Theory cast will reduce Hollywood to ashes.

by Anonymousreply 407December 9, 2021 10:02 PM

What about lying under oath? What are the consequences for that?

by Anonymousreply 408December 9, 2021 10:03 PM

If he's acquitted he'll be nauseatingly insufferable. Joy Reid will get the first interview.

by Anonymousreply 409December 9, 2021 10:03 PM

To be fair, r407, the idea that someone would do this to themselves was not even considered when the story first broke. It didnā€™t occur to me that the whole thing was fake. I mean, we know MAGATs who are very capable of doing this shit.

by Anonymousreply 410December 9, 2021 10:05 PM

Mama Smollett being helped out of the car now.

by Anonymousreply 411December 9, 2021 10:06 PM

Fox is live. Neither CNN or MSNBC are covering it.

by Anonymousreply 412December 9, 2021 10:06 PM

R407 No, just people with half a brain knew it was a load of shit.

by Anonymousreply 413December 9, 2021 10:07 PM

Waiting on this verdict chile....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414December 9, 2021 10:07 PM

Juicy just went through security

by Anonymousreply 415December 9, 2021 10:08 PM

[quote]Neither CNN or MSNBC are covering it.

Wolf Blitzer is LIVE covering the verdict. BREAKING NEWS BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 416December 9, 2021 10:09 PM

CNN just switched over.

by Anonymousreply 417December 9, 2021 10:09 PM

they looked sober

by Anonymousreply 418December 9, 2021 10:09 PM

sombre sober

by Anonymousreply 419December 9, 2021 10:09 PM

We have a verdict. Any minute now.

by Anonymousreply 420December 9, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] the idea that someone would do this to themselves was not even considered when the story first broke. It didnā€™t occur to me that the whole thing was fake. I mean, we know MAGATs who are very capable of doing this shit.

That's simply your prejudices speaking. I and many others on this board called it in the very first thread. The "facts" as described by Jussie made NO sense.

by Anonymousreply 421December 9, 2021 10:11 PM

Hold me David!

by Anonymousreply 422December 9, 2021 10:11 PM

No theyā€™re not, R416. Theyā€™re obsessing about TRUMP as usual.

by Anonymousreply 423December 9, 2021 10:12 PM

Livestream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424December 9, 2021 10:12 PM

Oh, that was Smollett going in. My god, the entourage for this cunty queen.

by Anonymousreply 425December 9, 2021 10:12 PM

Hurry up you fucking whores. Chrissy's snack purse is needing a refill, STAT

by Anonymousreply 426December 9, 2021 10:13 PM

Just watched Fox (oh my) and there was this young Matt Finn? Looking good in his tight shirt.

by Anonymousreply 427December 9, 2021 10:13 PM

So disrespectful to the jurors to make them wait for him to drag his sorry ass back to the courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 428December 9, 2021 10:13 PM

r421, that's ridiculous. A few people thought it might be fake, and I think even if it were real, they'd be the same people saying it was fake.

by Anonymousreply 429December 9, 2021 10:13 PM

Waiting to make my victim statement you bastard.

by Anonymousreply 430December 9, 2021 10:14 PM

R423 they switched to Jussie and entourage going into the courthouse and then went back to discussing the Jan 6 committee. With no cameras allows in the courtroom, there isnā€™t much to show.

by Anonymousreply 431December 9, 2021 10:14 PM

FOX has been covering it nonstop for at least the last half-hour.

by Anonymousreply 432December 9, 2021 10:16 PM

#Justice4Jussie

Gay4Pay

by Anonymousreply 433December 9, 2021 10:17 PM

Itā€™s not over until Flabourey Sidibe sings.

by Anonymousreply 434December 9, 2021 10:17 PM

Jussie has more media coverage than he ever had with Empire. Will he act in small touring productions in Mid West from now on?

by Anonymousreply 435December 9, 2021 10:18 PM

This is a win win for Fox because they can spin it anyway to make outrage

by Anonymousreply 436December 9, 2021 10:18 PM

Whew gurl, Jussie or Jurnee couldn't pay for Mother Smollett to get her hair done for this intergalactic event?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437December 9, 2021 10:18 PM

It's not over until Chrissy Metz sings, r434

by Anonymousreply 438December 9, 2021 10:19 PM

DL needs to hire a news correspondent that attend these type of events and report back in real time.

by Anonymousreply 439December 9, 2021 10:19 PM

Guilty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440December 9, 2021 10:20 PM

FOX:

Jussie - not guilty - US won't convict blacks because BLM and woke

Jussie - guilty - Blacks be crazy

by Anonymousreply 441December 9, 2021 10:20 PM

Isn't that Vaughn Hilyard, R439?

by Anonymousreply 442December 9, 2021 10:21 PM

BWAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 443December 9, 2021 10:21 PM

GUILTY!!

by Anonymousreply 444December 9, 2021 10:21 PM

Guilty on five counts

by Anonymousreply 445December 9, 2021 10:21 PM

Racebaiting lying little shit is GUILTY

by Anonymousreply 446December 9, 2021 10:22 PM

Guilty of 5 first ones

by Anonymousreply 447December 9, 2021 10:22 PM

GUILTY

by Anonymousreply 448December 9, 2021 10:22 PM

What is CNN doing?

by Anonymousreply 449December 9, 2021 10:23 PM

#Justice4Nigeria

Gay for pay raises NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 450December 9, 2021 10:23 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451December 9, 2021 10:23 PM

Does the sentencing happen immediately?

by Anonymousreply 452December 9, 2021 10:23 PM

What was count 6?

by Anonymousreply 453December 9, 2021 10:24 PM

CNN lost this one. Phil is always cute to see but come on.

by Anonymousreply 454December 9, 2021 10:24 PM

The jury paid attention to the evidence, unlike Kamala Harris.

by Anonymousreply 455December 9, 2021 10:24 PM

6 was making a false report that he was the victim of an aggravated battery.

by Anonymousreply 456December 9, 2021 10:24 PM

Goodbye Smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 457December 9, 2021 10:25 PM

R453 not guilty

by Anonymousreply 458December 9, 2021 10:25 PM

5 of 6 counts. 5 false police reports on different assaults

Count 6 for false report aggravated battery = not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 459December 9, 2021 10:25 PM

I am sure Jussie will somehow try and spin the fact that he was found not guilty on one count as vindication.

by Anonymousreply 460December 9, 2021 10:25 PM

Haha. Stupid Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 461December 9, 2021 10:25 PM

Guilty of five out of six is still pretty definitive!

by Anonymousreply 462December 9, 2021 10:25 PM

Wow, I would have thought count 6 would have been an obvious one.

by Anonymousreply 463December 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Maybe Jussie and Josh can do a road tour of Chicago in drag!

Oh, I forgot. Josh won't be available for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 464December 9, 2021 10:26 PM

How much jail time is that?

by Anonymousreply 465December 9, 2021 10:26 PM

R435 He'll be a drama instructor at an HBCU.

by Anonymousreply 466December 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Sarah Snider going for the Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 467December 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Now comes the perjury charges....

by Anonymousreply 468December 9, 2021 10:26 PM

What happens next?

by Anonymousreply 469December 9, 2021 10:26 PM

When is the interview with Robin Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 470December 9, 2021 10:27 PM

[QUOTE] Guilty on five of six counts

[QUOTE] What was count 6?

Convincingly playing a heterosexual male in ā€œAlien: Covenant.ā€

by Anonymousreply 471December 9, 2021 10:27 PM

The Duggar family must be happy that Josh's wasn't the only big trial today.

by Anonymousreply 472December 9, 2021 10:27 PM

Not guilty of what?!

by Anonymousreply 473December 9, 2021 10:27 PM

or vice versa

by Anonymousreply 474December 9, 2021 10:27 PM

Technically, he is up for 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 475December 9, 2021 10:28 PM

There's no jail time involved. Sheesh. It's not that big a deal.

Two muscle brother Nigerians beat him up and then framed him. After he gave them free drugs and handjobs. Jussie is the victim here, but he should have kept it out of the courts.

by Anonymousreply 476December 9, 2021 10:29 PM

jurors were assholes for not delivering on Count 6, the most important. Probably was a bargain between white and black

by Anonymousreply 477December 9, 2021 10:29 PM

Youā€™ve got five felonies now, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 478December 9, 2021 10:29 PM

I'm so fucking happy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 9, 2021 10:29 PM

Joey Jackson on CNN right now. I don't remember him on The Victory Tour.

by Anonymousreply 480December 9, 2021 10:29 PM

First time offender, minor felonies. He wont do jail time. Fines and community service.

But he's ruined, I tell ya. RUINED!

by Anonymousreply 481December 9, 2021 10:30 PM

I want to see Dan Abrams Live tonight on News Nation for his legal analysis.

by Anonymousreply 482December 9, 2021 10:30 PM

R476 do you kiss your Black mother with that lying mouth of yours?

by Anonymousreply 483December 9, 2021 10:31 PM

r476, why on earth would they do that? There is no earthly reason they would beat him up and frame him for it. That's just ludicrous thinking. Did you actually watch any of the case and evidence? I thought not.

by Anonymousreply 484December 9, 2021 10:31 PM

I imagine there will be some jail time, just for being an annoying twat.

by Anonymousreply 485December 9, 2021 10:31 PM

All this asshole had to do was pay the fine in the first place, and none of this would have happened.

FUCK YOU JUSSIE!

by Anonymousreply 486December 9, 2021 10:33 PM

There was so much surveillance video that contradicted what Smollett said happened, along with surveillance video that supported what the brothers said. Geez, this was a no brainer.

by Anonymousreply 487December 9, 2021 10:33 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Cook County inmates rejoice, new bussy on the way!

by Anonymousreply 488December 9, 2021 10:34 PM

Honestly, what was he thinking? I canā€™t wrap my mind around this. Why throw it all away. For what?

by Anonymousreply 489December 9, 2021 10:34 PM

Felon Jussie won't be able to vote against "45" in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 490December 9, 2021 10:35 PM

His mother MUST know she raised a lying narcissist. Maybe that's why she didn't bother with her hair. It's a smoke signal. She loves him but knows who he is.

The big question is how mentally ill is Jussie. He has folie de grandeur and narcissism. How long will he be aware that he's pox on society? Sometimes it can't sink in, otherwise they implode.

by Anonymousreply 491December 9, 2021 10:37 PM

i have no desire to see him in prison but glad he was found guilty.

by Anonymousreply 492December 9, 2021 10:37 PM

Okay, Iā€™ve been bouncing between Fox and CNN since both are pretty good at breaking newsā€¦. And Fox has a hot little piece report from the courthouse, Matt Finn. Toned body, pretty face, TIGHT blue shirtā€¦ daddy like. I may have to start popping by Fox for news more often. Maybe itā€™s a okay to get more gay viewers? I need to go 9 inches deep into Matt Finn.

by Anonymousreply 493December 9, 2021 10:38 PM

Why not prison? He is a very public figure and his ruse caused damage and tort to a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 494December 9, 2021 10:38 PM

Has VP Harris issued a statement?

by Anonymousreply 495December 9, 2021 10:38 PM

I still love that he picked a place right in front of a security camera so the "attack" would be recorded. But he, an actor, couldn't tell the front of the camera from the back so nothing was caught on cam!

by Anonymousreply 496December 9, 2021 10:39 PM

R490 Same. Prison would be overkill.

by Anonymousreply 497December 9, 2021 10:39 PM

Meant to say ā€œMaybe itā€™s their ploy to get more gay viewers.ā€

by Anonymousreply 498December 9, 2021 10:39 PM

Do narcissists believe their own constant lies? To push this seems incredibly self destructive and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 499December 9, 2021 10:41 PM

If he goes to prison it will be a very short time. Mychal Kendricks only did 1 day in prison for insider trading. Im hearing on the news that this incident using up precious public resources will weigh on the sentence, especially being that this was in Chicago where there is so much crime. So he may get a few days in jail.

by Anonymousreply 500December 9, 2021 10:43 PM

Jussie canā€™t vote against Trump in 24. All it takes is ONE VOTE to lose. Trump wins in 24. Thanks Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 501December 9, 2021 10:45 PM

Any jail time would help it sink into his thick skull. That he's not untouchable. And his shit DOES stink. But the brain matter seems ossified.

by Anonymousreply 502December 9, 2021 10:45 PM

Is it too late to send thoughts and prayers?

by Anonymousreply 503December 9, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote] using up precious public resources will weigh on the sentence,

How about PERJURY, will that weigh on the sentence? This little shit lied on the stand.

by Anonymousreply 504December 9, 2021 10:45 PM

The women on LSA are celebrating, and you know how they stick up for almost all Black men regardless of what they do.

by Anonymousreply 505December 9, 2021 10:46 PM

R159 Kamala Harris was going to launch her presidential bid on it. That's why Don lemon was texting Smollett advice.

by Anonymousreply 506December 9, 2021 10:46 PM

OK, it's lame Psychology Today, but yes, narcissists can believe their own lies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507December 9, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote] Do narcissists believe their own constant lies? To push this seems incredibly self destructive and delusional.

ā€œIt's not a lie if you believe it.ā€ -- George Costanza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508December 9, 2021 10:47 PM

[quote]The women on LSA are celebrating, and you know how they stick up for almost all Black men regardless of what they do.

That site is a black nationalist hate site with strong views against Jews and gays. Itā€™s sickening people post there AND here.

by Anonymousreply 509December 9, 2021 10:48 PM

Now I just want the Nigerian brothers to get a tell all tv movie deal and become rich-

by Anonymousreply 510December 9, 2021 10:49 PM

That too r504. But he still is not going to jail for an extended period of time.

by Anonymousreply 511December 9, 2021 10:49 PM

Just heard probably no jail time, probation and community service.

by Anonymousreply 512December 9, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]Im hearing on the news that this incident using up precious public resources will weigh on the sentence, especially being that this was in Chicago where there is so much crime. So he may get a few days in jail.

The people of Chicago are pissed about this case and want his lying ass locked up for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 513December 9, 2021 10:51 PM

Agreed, he wonā€™t do jail time. But his reputation (what little was left) is trashed. Heā€™s now known as the actor who was found guilty of staging a hate crime hoax. Not ā€˜accused ofā€™ but ā€˜GUILTY of.ā€™

by Anonymousreply 514December 9, 2021 10:53 PM

GUILTY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 515December 9, 2021 10:54 PM

Hopefully he will get jail time. What he did was disgusting

by Anonymousreply 516December 9, 2021 10:54 PM

[quote]you know how they stick up for almost all Black men regardless of what they do

Totally incorrect r505, and everyone here making blanket statements about how black people react to this are racist.

by Anonymousreply 517December 9, 2021 10:54 PM

[quote] In Illinois, a convicted felon has just as much of a right to vote as any other citizen in the state. As long as you are not incarcerated, meaning serving a prison sentence, you can register and cast a vote in Illinois.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518December 9, 2021 10:54 PM

His smug, assholish demeanor, blatant lying in court, and complete lack of remorse are likely to convince the judge to give him jailtime.

by Anonymousreply 519December 9, 2021 10:55 PM

He'll fulfill his community service requirement by teaching hip-hop dance to inner-city youth.

by Anonymousreply 520December 9, 2021 10:55 PM

Nothing but a mule in horse harness.

by Anonymousreply 521December 9, 2021 10:55 PM

A good looking narcissist like Jussie can ride it for a long time. I bet if you poked around his last 18 years, there is some carnage. Well, now everyone has his number. You'd be an idiot to have anything to do with him, professionally, socially, or romantically. He just back stabbed his friends for all the world to see, and shat onthe entire police and justice system, and black civil rights. What a colossal asshole.

by Anonymousreply 522December 9, 2021 10:56 PM

R518 Not in federal elections

by Anonymousreply 523December 9, 2021 10:57 PM

Ironically, it would be better for his career if he did do jail time. At least a few months. Then he could come out humble, reformed, and people would feel he paid his debt to society. (Prison did wonders for Robert Downey, Jr.).

With no jail time, people believe he still got away with it. He's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 524December 9, 2021 10:57 PM

The City of Chicago is suing him for $130K, the cost of the investigation. 10-1 he doesn't have it.

Yes, he's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 525December 9, 2021 10:58 PM

R380 Are you sure it falls under the FBI? If it was actually sent through the mail the Postal Inspection Service can claim jurisdiction. Fighting about jurisdiction, among various agencies, has been know to slow things down before.

Also, btw, did anybody else know that just like procedurals have featured the FBI, NCIS, CIA, ATF, etc... as basis for their shows the Postal Inspection Service got their own procedural that was filmed in Charleston, SC and shown at the end of Saturday morning kids shows called, "The Inspectors." It ran for 4 seasons and 104 episodes. The USPS payed for it themselves with what they seized through civil asset forfeiture and consumer fraud awareness funds.

by Anonymousreply 526December 9, 2021 10:59 PM

Dan Webb roasting Juicy on air right now. ā€œGot up there and LIED to the jury. For HOURS.ā€

by Anonymousreply 527December 9, 2021 10:59 PM

RD Jr didn't go to prison for being a lying sack of shit narcissist and gross waster of public time and resources. He went to prison for violating probation on drug possession charges.

by Anonymousreply 528December 9, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote]First time offender, minor felonies. He wont do jail time. Fines and community service. But he's ruined, I tell ya. RUINED!

Your glee is unseemly. Come sit next to me.

by Anonymousreply 529December 9, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote] [R518] Not in federal elections

Hmm you are WRONG, and I will provide the same amount of proof that you did in your post.

by Anonymousreply 530December 9, 2021 11:01 PM

R524 Or Martha Stewart. People like her a whole lot more after she went to jail. My mom thought she was a stuck up bitch. After she got out suddenly she was like, "that Martha Stewart is so strong and humble."

by Anonymousreply 531December 9, 2021 11:01 PM

His sentencing won't be for a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 532December 9, 2021 11:02 PM

r522 can you imagine the guys he's burned romantically? It's no wonder he never publicly had a boyfriend and was paying trade for company.

by Anonymousreply 533December 9, 2021 11:02 PM

R526 Yes, the (fake) letter he sent falls under the purview of the FBI, and they are very serious charges. Back in the old threads we kept waiting and waiting, but nada. Now they might finally put the hammer down.

by Anonymousreply 534December 9, 2021 11:03 PM

Martha Stewart was busted for insider trading. I worked a bit at the SEC. There are THOUSANDS of good leads every month: Who they choose to take down is highly political.

by Anonymousreply 535December 9, 2021 11:03 PM

r531 well unfortunately for Jussie he will likely never shake the reputation of being a stuck up bitch, even if he does hard time.

by Anonymousreply 536December 9, 2021 11:04 PM

All this talk about redemption or saving his reputation only works with people who admit culpability (like Martha Stewart or RDJ) Jussie will never admit guilt and will instead double down on the racism and homophobia accusations.

by Anonymousreply 537December 9, 2021 11:04 PM

If you come up with these piss poor comparisons to other celebrity law breakers, please shut the fuck up and think carefully about the truly degenerate and anti-social acts of Jussie Smollett. Who was given several opportunities to deescalate this "mistake" and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 538December 9, 2021 11:05 PM

"I fought the fuck back"!

by Anonymousreply 539December 9, 2021 11:06 PM

Is Chris Wray expected to issue a statement?

by Anonymousreply 540December 9, 2021 11:07 PM

Can he appeal the decision?

by Anonymousreply 541December 9, 2021 11:07 PM

Things are moving fast now. Here is Part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542December 9, 2021 11:07 PM

You lose, Chi Chi !

by Anonymousreply 543December 9, 2021 11:08 PM

[quote]Martha Stewart was busted for insider trading.

Nope. She was convicted of lying to the FBI about it. Don't lie to the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 544December 9, 2021 11:08 PM

I bet there are at least 2 dozen "dickmitized by Jussie" guys who are smiling right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545December 9, 2021 11:09 PM

Dan Webb was asked about perjury charges after his public statement tonight (just before fucking CNN cut away.) He said perjury charges are usually not pursued in these cases (where a defendant takes the stand in his own defense and lies.) Unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 546December 9, 2021 11:09 PM

Ok OK for "lying about insider trading". big difference? it was insider trading that did her in. And she copped to it.

by Anonymousreply 547December 9, 2021 11:09 PM

If they haven't dealt with the letter by now it means they don't have evidence he did it, although it seems pretty obvious he did. But that isn't evidence. You guys should probably give up on that one.

I just hope he gets at least two years of jail time, and I hope he gets a massive fine, plus what he owes the police department.

by Anonymousreply 548December 9, 2021 11:11 PM

Itā€™s a shanda fur di neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 549December 9, 2021 11:11 PM

Oh, and those of you whining because mainstream networks aren't covering this trial as heavily as Fox News/other right wing networks - notice how they are barely covering the Epstein trial in lieu of this one? It's because seeing a (lying) black guy get his comeuppance is more fun for the Fox News audience than a middle-aged white woman.

by Anonymousreply 550December 9, 2021 11:13 PM

Fear Mongrels!!

by Anonymousreply 551December 9, 2021 11:13 PM

Heā€™ll get probation, a fine and community service. Heā€™s a first time offender.

by Anonymousreply 552December 9, 2021 11:15 PM

r548 That isn't true, there is no statute of limitations in that case. They can (and have) take their sweet time to prosecute him.

by Anonymousreply 553December 9, 2021 11:15 PM

He actually thought white supremacists' watched Empire and recognized him on the street.

by Anonymousreply 554December 9, 2021 11:16 PM

Sure they will, keep fucking that chicken, r553.

by Anonymousreply 555December 9, 2021 11:16 PM

What was the sixth charge that he was not guilty of?

by Anonymousreply 556December 9, 2021 11:17 PM

This could be nomination material for Michael Beach!

(and of course Viola could play the suffering mother if she tones down her new found sexiness.)

by Anonymousreply 557December 9, 2021 11:18 PM

Maybe ol' Jus' will take a cue from fellow postal criminal Bruce Ivins and OD on Tylenol before going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 558December 9, 2021 11:20 PM

It could be a good broadway musical or contemporary opera. Though blacks would be outraged, I guess, by the negative portrayal. I'd like to know more about his ex friends the bodybuilders.

by Anonymousreply 559December 9, 2021 11:20 PM

My phone is bogging out. Reminder of link to Part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560December 9, 2021 11:21 PM

R505 You guys are obsessed with LSA. The only black man they defend is Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 561December 9, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote] Nope. She was convicted of lying to the FBI about it. Don't lie to the Feds.

Which I will always say is a stupid unconstitutional law. The FBI, and all law enforcement agencies, should be aware that 95%+ of suspects are lying to them, also it should be expected because it is human nature to protect themselves. There job is to find evidence to prove I did something, it isn't my job to tell them I did it. I also feel such a law contradicts the Fifth Amendment. I believe that lying to law enforcement should fall under protection from self-incrimination. But, I believe in a fairly broad interpretation of most Constitutional provisions, which many on the Left and Right do not share.

by Anonymousreply 562December 9, 2021 11:30 PM

Now the country can begin to heal.

by Anonymousreply 563December 9, 2021 11:31 PM

I love this part:

[quote]When Smollettā€™s attorney Nenye Uche addressed the panel, he said the prosecutionā€™s case was riddled with ā€œdoubtsā€ and built on the testimony of two brothers who are criminals and ā€œcertified liars.ā€

[quote]Uche also questioned why Smollett would instruct his attackers to wear pro-Trump hats and yell slogans like, ā€œThis is MAGA country!ā€

[quote]ā€œHeā€™s dumb enough to go into Obamaā€™s city and pretend thereā€™s Trump supporters running around with MAGA hats?ā€ he said. ā€œGive me a break.ā€

Yes, yes, he is that dumb, Jussies' defense lawyer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564December 9, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote] Which I will always say is a stupid unconstitutional law. The FBI, and all law enforcement agencies, should be aware that 95%+ of suspects are lying to them

R562 that is why you don't answer questions without a lawyer there. You don't have to lie, just refuse to talk to them.

by Anonymousreply 565December 9, 2021 11:35 PM

He needs a little prison time to knock down some of that extreme arrogance that he has.

by Anonymousreply 566December 9, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote]The City of Chicago is suing him for $130K, the cost of the investigation. 10-1 he doesn't have it.

He doesn't but his sugar daddies who have been supporting him for the last three years since this happened will cover it

by Anonymousreply 567December 9, 2021 11:38 PM

Then heā€™ll act like heā€™ll have street cred.

by Anonymousreply 568December 9, 2021 11:38 PM

Does Jussie pay in dongage or hole? Both?

by Anonymousreply 569December 9, 2021 11:39 PM

[quote] [R562] that is why you don't answer questions without a lawyer there. You don't have to lie, just refuse to talk to them.

Yeah, so you have to pay a lawyer to lie for you. Let people do it naturally without making money for others. Lying is literally one of the very first human traits we naturally develop right after talking. It is a normal natural reaction to being accused of a crime, therefore it should not be criminalized.

Perjury is different, and should remain criminalized, just not lying to law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 570December 9, 2021 11:43 PM

R556, the most important part, itā€™s kind of a win for Jussie if you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 571December 9, 2021 11:45 PM

Of course he has the money to pay the cops. He's not poor, despite the people in this thread. You guys remind me of the Meghan-haters (and I expect there is a great deal of overlap given that she's been mentioned multiple times in this thread) - people can actually be fairly successful (like Jussie was) but when you hate someone for emotional reasons, your brain can't seem to accept that the person isn't 100% incompetent, so anything they have is claimed they got from someone else, he got his roles by fucking people, everything they have and have done wasn't due to any effort on their part, etc. etc.

I get the instinct, but you should realize that means you aren't capable of being objective about the person.

r571 Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 572December 9, 2021 11:50 PM

Here's some information on perjury.

I'm curious if, since he did take the stand, they can bring perjury charges against him later. It sounds like they can because his lies could have had material impact on the proceedings. I hope they do. This is also why, I think, lawyers tell you not to testify in your own defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573December 9, 2021 11:51 PM

I'm sure that will be the Judge's first question at the sentence hearing r569

by Anonymousreply 574December 9, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote] What was the sixth charge that he was not guilty of?

Why don't you read the fucking thread? It was answered several times. Lazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 575December 9, 2021 11:54 PM

Ha ha ha asshole! Fucken moron. The jury made the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 576December 9, 2021 11:58 PM

When IS the sentencing supposed to take place?

by Anonymousreply 577December 10, 2021 12:00 AM

R562 and R570, you go right ahead and do that if you ever find yourself in legal trouble.

Why do you think the Miranda Warning exists? You have the right to remain silent... anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law... That law exists for a reason. To tell idiots like you to shut the fuck up. You're in no way as smart as you think you are. But you are more than within your rights to keep on talking.

A good percentage of criminal cases are built on circumstantial evidence.

Put it all together.. . I'm not confident you will piece it all together

by Anonymousreply 578December 10, 2021 12:05 AM

This is how a pro skates on the feds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579December 10, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote]people can actually be fairly successful (like Jussie was) but when you hate someone for emotional reasons, your brain can't seem to accept that the person isn't 100% incompetent, so anything they have is claimed they got from someone else, he got his roles by fucking people, everything they have and have done wasn't due to any effort on their part, etc. etc.

r572 this is Datalounge in a nutshell

by Anonymousreply 580December 10, 2021 12:08 AM

r579 Let it go, obsesstiva.

by Anonymousreply 581December 10, 2021 12:08 AM

r579, let it go, hon.

by Anonymousreply 582December 10, 2021 12:09 AM

r580 it's not just the DL, it's a large part of society. Recognizing it, though, can be helpful.

by Anonymousreply 583December 10, 2021 12:10 AM

is there a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 584December 10, 2021 12:11 AM

see r542

by Anonymousreply 585December 10, 2021 12:12 AM

R584 Yes. Brought to you by Chrissy Metz, and dedicated to The Salad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Jussie deserves to serve a jail sentence, maybe less than a year? The jury got it right. What a selfish and hateful thing he did.

by Anonymousreply 587December 10, 2021 12:28 AM

Special Prosecutor Dan Webb speaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588December 10, 2021 12:38 AM

And Olaā€¦

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589December 10, 2021 12:42 AM

R579 This is how a pro skates on the Feds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590December 10, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote] R590 Let it go, obsesstiva.

by Anonymousreply 591December 10, 2021 1:02 AM

Fake dick pic @ R545. Iā€™ve seen that same pic tied to six different guys in the last six months.

by Anonymousreply 592December 10, 2021 1:07 AM

No links, no believe you r592.

by Anonymousreply 593December 10, 2021 1:24 AM

Will the verdict affect Jussie's many TV and movie projects he has "in the works"?

by Anonymousreply 594December 10, 2021 1:44 AM

R589 ā€œNigerian American lives matterā€ - oh shit!

by Anonymousreply 595December 10, 2021 1:54 AM

R593, Iā€™m not the one making the claim, doofus! Lolā€¦So no proof Miss Justine is packing anything other than a plump bussy. Typical for RWNJ trolls.

by Anonymousreply 596December 10, 2021 2:27 AM

Local Chicago news reports JS's defense team plans to appeal.

by Anonymousreply 597December 10, 2021 3:02 AM

Yeah thatā€™s what they all say, R597. Let ā€˜em try, theyā€™ve got no case.

by Anonymousreply 598December 10, 2021 3:21 AM

Never. Forget. The. Salad.

by Anonymousreply 599December 10, 2021 7:27 AM

He can't admit it was fake, because it would make his friends, who stuck with him initially, look bad. As long he insists it was real, it gives his friends some cover. His career is dead, but his friends might support him on the downlow.

by Anonymousreply 600December 10, 2021 7:32 AM

R591 not the same thing, considering he's still being sued, lying, and conspiring. But nice try.

by Anonymousreply 601December 10, 2021 7:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!