Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyone is freaking out over the new variant, now named Omicron

Execept:

De Oliveira said the variant contains around 50 mutations in total. The receptor binding domain, the part of the virus that first makes contact with cells, has 10 mutations, far greater than just two for the delta Covid variant, which spread rapidly earlier this year to become the dominant strain worldwide.

This varriant is more likely to be resistance to vaccines, at least for some. This is the reason why everyone is freaking out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 12:30 PM

I am scared about this varriant. How about you?

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2021 8:34 AM

“Even if you’re vaccinated, continue to take precautions to prevent becoming infected yourself, and to infecting someone else who could die,” WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2021 8:40 AM

Really, OP? I hadn't noticed the 47 other threads.

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2021 8:42 AM

where?

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2021 8:42 AM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2021 8:47 AM

And here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2021 8:47 AM

And also here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2021 8:47 AM

And don't forget here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2021 8:48 AM

Found another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2021 8:48 AM

Hiding under the sofa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 8:49 AM

Behind the chair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 8:49 AM

[quote] I am scared about this varriant. How about you?

I'm scared about your spelling.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 12:03 PM

Hold me David, I’m scared!

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!