Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joan Collins new book published were she dishes the gossip including upsetting a member of the royal family calling them boring

I wonder which member of the royal family it was who felt slighted because she said they were the most member of the royal family? The book are a transcript of her audio recorded diaries from 1989 onwards.

Have any dataloungers bought or read her new book? I'm tempted to apparently it is delicious!!

I bet she is a treasure trove of juicy gossip!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2021 10:59 PM

Mein Führer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 6:42 PM

r1 Gosh 🙈 thank you

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 8:37 PM

I imagine it's Charles. I've read he gets into conversations about topics that interest no one around him but since he is who he is people listen politely. He gets very intense and detailed and doesn't notice eye glazing or a lack of contribution to the conversation as signs to move on. The most recent example I've read was about a group of advisers who traveled to his country estate for a meeting. Charles took them around the gardens discussing new acquisitions and gardening. The group just wanted to get on with business so they could return to London at a reasonable hour, but no.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 10:21 PM

R3, I read about one of Charles’s staff telling people meeting him for the first time to agree with everything Charles says. Dinner parties with him must be an ordeal.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 10:41 PM

r3 Joan said it wasnt a main frontline royal so I am guessing that excludes Charles? Back in the day some of the Queens cousins were more prominent but would not be classed as main front line royals?

I am still plowing through the other Joan Collins book thread but so far havent found out the answer!!

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2021 12:58 AM

From other things I've read, it appears to be Julian Chichester. Collins has said before that he tries to ignore her, (whilst solemnly acknowledging everyone seated at a table but her), and she always gushingly exclaims how good it is to see him every time.

He is a complete bore; I've met him before.

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2021 1:08 AM

Sorry Angel, it may possibly be David Linley. They reportedly do not get on well either, and Collins has made mention of him as well.

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2021 1:19 AM

Linley.

He's horrible. All around.

by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2021 1:33 AM

Lucky Bitch

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2021 1:33 AM

Cheers r6 r7

I was hedging my bets on it being Prince Michael of Kent as there are old photos of her with him at a charity function or the Duke of Kent who is a very worthy man but might be dull I dont know?

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 2:20 AM

I would imagine most of them are entitled and boring.. the least boring (and most offensive) one is Princess Michael of K.

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 2:31 AM

Cheers Angel. From the old thread, there is confirmation in a couple posts that Collins calls those who ignore her "bores", so going by that is must be someone who snubs her.

I like her, even if she is trash. (as others so frequently labelled her in that thread.)

I just hope it's a lie that she's not keen on gay men.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 2:34 AM

r12 Not keen on gay men???!!! Surely not she is the Queen of fag hags! A good friend of Christopher Biggins for example and Valentino.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 2:41 AM

R13 I've heard people repeat thongs, and I've read DLers post here that she's said things that were not completely supportive of gay marriage, and a few other things over the years that were perceived to be slights at the time.

Collins can lean quite conservative on certain topics which I do believe troubles many here. I'd like to believe as you do.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2021 2:57 AM

Collins couldn't stand Princess Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2021 3:35 AM

R15 neither could we!

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2021 3:41 AM

Joan Collins is a piece of work in her own right!!

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2021 3:55 AM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2021 8:11 AM

She's amazing. Among the best of the Bs.

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2021 9:09 AM

Because I can never hear hear name and not rue the day in 2015 that I missed bidding for LOT #43 —JOAN COLLINS TOILE DE JOUY HEADBOARD with actual DNA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2021 9:59 AM

She wrote at length about how having to check in during quarantine meant she was just like a Jew in a Nazi concentration camp. I don't think "piece of work" quite covers it.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2021 10:04 AM

Vile.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2021 9:33 PM

R21 I haven't heard any of that, nor did I read that exactly. I read in an op ed letter to a newspaper that she referred to the contract tracing authorities as the Gestapo, and the people in charge of self-quarantine checks making phone calls to her home two or three times each day as the Stasi.

Collins' father was Jewish, as were two of her husbands, including the father of two of her children, so I don't take umbrage with her analogies. Some may deem them overly dramatic, but that's part of who she is ultimately.

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2021 10:10 PM

Collins was so very pretty when young. But it always takes more, doesn’t it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2021 10:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2021 10:29 PM

I agree with joan

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2021 10:30 PM

R26 You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2021 10:39 PM

R27 back to ya

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2021 10:42 PM

R26 I do as well. Nobody needs someone ringing three times (at random hours) in the middle of the night, after bedtime, etc. It sounds like a BIT much.

Her letter should be read betore people put words in her mouth. There is a slight difference between the actual letter she wrote, and what R21 alleges. One cheapens the suffering of Jews in the camps, the other somply references the Gestapo. Jews use this term quite frequently. I should know as a Jew.

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2021 10:44 PM

r15 Didnt Elizabeth Taylor have a kind of frenemy type relationship with Princess Margaret? I also think Judi Dench was a good friend of Princess Margaret as she was invited to her funeral.

Just watched some clips of the orgy pool scene in The Stud and the older british guy naked in the pool was a bit of a sexy daddy!! He must have got on ok with Joan as he starred again with her in 1999 in a british film she largely financially underwrote?

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2021 11:56 PM

I worked with Joan 20 years ago for almost a week on a theatre project. She was fabulous. Not quite Alexis but commanding and grand. But also very professional, funny and chatty. Loved her. Nothing but good memories.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2021 12:18 AM

Joan Collins is a bitch. There’s no doubt about it - everyone says she’s an extremely difficult person!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2021 1:03 AM

It seems like she releases a new book every 4 months.

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2021 1:34 AM

I always wondered what the fuck her appeal was.

She's every first week in drama school exercise of playing a caricature of a preposterously bitchy English (maybe, with a bit of Gabor sister) character of a type all assumed had disappeared a good 40 years previous? Or the caricature accent of a pre-Carnby Street pseudo-posh Theatre Bitch who ends every sentence with ", darling" (stated or instead), darling?

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2021 2:54 AM

Joanie Santangelo Collins has never read as a Theatre type. Never ever.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2021 2:55 AM

She doesn’t have to be mean. Oops, it’s Joan Collins. Who am I kidding! Pretty outside, not so much inner.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2021 2:57 AM

… that someone helps her with a lot….

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2021 3:58 AM

^^ Replying to

[quote] It seems like she releases a new book every 4 months.

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2021 3:59 AM

It's rather curious how Margaret, Snowdon, and Linley sound like awful, self-absorbed people, but by all accounts Lady Sarah Chatto is a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2021 5:49 PM

Did I tell you about my feud with the Duchess? DRINKS were thrown!

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2021 9:05 PM

This woman is such a raging narcissist. Everything is always about her. Sad old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2021 9:49 PM

She's just another old, aging whore looking for attention from a man several years her junior. And, of course, it will be real, true love.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2021 9:52 PM

They've been together quite a long time, though. She's had a better life than most.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2021 10:42 PM

Yikes, she's 88YO !

Bet she still does it.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2021 10:55 PM

Her husband is 56. His occupation is listed as a theater manager.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2021 10:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!