Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg has the highest favorability among Biden's Cabinet

MR. CONGENIALITY — The spotlight on Mayor Pete comes as a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows Buttigieg with the highest name ID (83%) of any member of the Biden administration (aside from Biden and Harris, of course) and a higher net favorability rating (+10) than not only every other Cabinet member, but both Biden (-6) and Harris (-12) as well. The next highest net favorability rating in the cabinet belonged to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen (+8).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 1, 2021 12:18 AM

ON THE ROAD WITH MAYOR PETE — Amid the swirling speculation that President JOE BIDEN won’t run again in 2024, Democrats have been atwitter for weeks about whether Biden’s Transportation Secretary PETE BUTTIGIEG might mount a campaign. The man, after all, has been front and center in selling the Biden agenda across the nation, and — some suspect — is laying the groundwork for another try for the White House.

Just in time, our Alex Thompson hit the road with the former mayor of South Bend, and found “a man who seems to be in a perpetual hurry.” Thompson notes that since 2010, the 39-year-old has “run for Treasurer of Indiana, Mayor of South Bend, Chair of the Democratic National Committee, and President of the United States,” and is “one of the most media omnipresent and newly-powerful members of Joe Biden’s cabinet.”

Just as he has in interview after interview, Buttigieg batted down speculation about whether another presidential bid is in his future. “[T]his is the least I have had to think about campaigns and elections in about a decade, and that's a very good thing,” he told Alex on Friday while they toured a construction zone of the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.

Chatter about a possible President Pete comes as Biden’s White House has worked like mad to try to tamp down suggestions that Biden won’t run again. Over the weekend, WaPo had a good piece about Biden advisers’ behind-the-scenes assurances that he’ll seek a second term. And on Monday, White House press secretary JEN PSAKI reiterated Biden’s “intention” to run again.

But here’s the problem: Few, if any, Democrats really believe this. The president is 79 — he’s already the Oval Office’s oldest occupant ever — and more than a few voters have real concerns about whether he has the stamina to pull off another campaign. With Republicans on the march in elections nationwide, there’s palpable worry among Dems about who is going to lead the party into the future.

Typically, in these sorts of situations, the VP is seen as the inheritor of the mantle. But many Democrats are concerned that KAMALA HARRIS doesn’t have what it takes to win the White House. Still, all the talk of a possible President Pete has “frustrated some staffers of color who see it as a disrespectful snub,” Alex notes.

Here’s more color from Alex’s story: “While there is no election directly in sight, his initial on-the-ground efforts to promote the infrastructure deal had some resemblance to Buttigieg’s past campaigns. There were lots of news interviews, meet-and-greets with local electeds, die-hard fans in ‘Pete’ shirts carrying copies of his book, a protestor with a homophobic sign (‘Booty-Gay Go Away’), and people having trouble pronouncing his name (‘Butt-Edge-Edge’ instead of ‘Boot-Edge-Edge,’ as the emcee of one event kept pronouncing it). …

“It was all an unusual scene for the usually mundane life of a Transportation secretary. But Buttigieg is not your typical Transportation secretary. He’s the first openly gay cabinet Secretary to be Senate-confirmed and a new parent to two adopted kids who have become social media sensations, sometimes outpacing the president’s posts in terms of engagement.”

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 8:55 PM

You think Kamala Harris bad…just elect him.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 9:10 PM

R2 Sourpuss.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 9:15 PM

Fuck off, r2. You’re the only one who thinks Harris and Buttigieg are “bad.” We know who you are, you mentally ill freak.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 9:16 PM

Pete is a nice guy and a very smart one and he's heading straight toward the top!!!

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 9:16 PM

I will never vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 9:19 PM

Thanks for your input, r6. Your statement makes all the difference. Lol

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 9:20 PM

Thanks for sharing Jan. We can now get on with our lives

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 9:20 PM

R6 = Amy Klobuchar

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 9:21 PM

And just wait until the idiot press sinks their teeth into him. He'll be underwater just like Biden and Harris. I have nothing against him but this is because the press is not CONSTANTLY whining about him the way they do Biden.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote]Your statement makes all the difference. Lol

It does. In the voting booth.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 9:22 PM

Should say that these poll results are because the press is not after him, not the reason for me not having anything against him.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 9:23 PM

R2, 6, & 11 are the same loony troll.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 9:24 PM

This is just like high school. Will the nerd REALLY get to be prom king?

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 9:25 PM

R13 It's the Race Troll - she's hates Pete and just about everyone.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] Pete Buttigieg has the highest favorability among Biden's Cabinet

Of course he is. He is the only one the media will focus on, the others are just unknown to the public.

Without looking it up who is the Secretary of Education

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 10:42 PM

He's a decent guy and people can tell.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 10:55 PM

which is why the knifes are out. He's like the zebra in a herd of wildebeest

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2021 2:02 AM

Knives, r18. The plural of knife is "knives."

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2021 2:05 AM

I am not remotely worried about Pete. Go to any right wing site and they (unlike CNN and MSNBC etc) have tons of dirt on Buttigieg. Petey has been a bad boy and expect to hear plenty about it soon enough. He has stupidly built this whole virginal pious shtick and it ain't gonna fly the next time he runs. Someone liked to "travel" before they became famous and special friends are talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2021 10:49 AM

I read a first hand account online someone posted, allegedly from someone talking about their "experience" with Pete (who is a bottom). What city they hooked up in (Pete traveled to meet him). When. What they talked about. Etc. They met online (the guys named the site they met on) and it was not a "relationship" site The story even mentions the time between Pete meeting Chazzy and the time Pete met this "special friend). Run Pete Run. It will be hilarious watching Petes Hetero Normative Act devolve into the charade it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2021 11:04 AM

Not to diminish the risk of such story, but isn't that a risk for every individual running for office nowadays? Those stories could be real or fake but I'm sure they'll become a regular thing in all future campaigns now. You get a story from a real person, maybe a picture or two depicting the candidate, maybe even a 'hidden cam' video (deep fake or not). The person with the story may be a real acquaintance or may never actually have met the candidate. Telling a story is easy, and these days there is always at least some shady outlet that is willing to publish anything.

I wonder how campaign managers prepare for that.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 5:02 PM

The Democratic Party is far too homophobic to ever elect a gay man. He was treated the absolute worst by the press during the primary. White men below the age of 70 are non starters in the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote] White men below the age of 70 are non starters in the Democratic Party.

R23 feels intuitively what's true. Don't irritate him with facts.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 5:26 PM

Blacks treated Pete like garbage. White Democrats loved him.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 5:29 PM

Especially rural Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 5:30 PM

Boy that anti-Pete Troll is really on the warpath. Of course, we all know who it is. In any event, don't believe anything it says. It's been proven to be a liar time and time again.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 7:42 PM

I just wish he would get over the Jesus stuff.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2021 7:53 PM

POTUS Pete, VP Demmings, Senate Leader Klobuchar

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2021 7:57 PM

I don't think party higher ups really think Kamala Harris is unrecoverable at this point, r29. She's still very much in the mix for '24.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2021 8:02 PM

R30 the higher ups will never give up on her, they are worried about looking racist if they do. but ultimately it's up to voters. btw, Biden is running again barring something unforeseen

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2021 8:05 PM

PLEASE, somebody help F&F the obsessed likely PAID Pete Buttigieg troll who keeps posting thread after thread after thread, and subsequent fake replies on the man?

Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2021 8:07 PM

Paid by whom, r32? Who would pay someone to post anti-Pete threads?

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote] The Democratic Party is far too homophobic to ever elect a gay man.

But African Americans are the backbone of the Democratic Party! Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]POTUS Pete, VP Demmings, Senate Leader Klobuchar

Enough, please. ENOUGH. Democrats are just CONSUMED with identity politics. Why not a black trans alien eskimo from Pluto.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2021 8:22 PM

[quote]But African Americans are the backbone of the Democratic Party! Oh wait...

I’m sick of this.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 8:23 PM

Reality check, people. No one would give a single shit about PB if he weren't openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote]Enough, please. ENOUGH. Democrats are just CONSUMED with identity politics. Why not a black trans alien eskimo from Pluto.

I’ll correct myself here, it’s white gay men who are consumed with identity politics. At least on this site.

by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2021 8:30 PM

I'm sorry, but is there anyone in Biden's cabinet who got there on merit? Why on earth would you put the mayor of some rinky dink town, who basically accomplished nothing in that town, and put him in charge of a billion dollar transportation budget? What this guy knows about the Department of Transportation you could put in a thimble. And then , he takes MONTHS off for paternity leave, and is now surprised about the supply chain shortage crisis? Let's face it, he was put there to throw a bone to gay supporters, and for no other reason.

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2021 9:09 PM

I’d like to see a Pete AOC ticket. Unbeatable. Whiplash smart the both of them.

by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote] I'm sorry, but is there anyone in Biden's cabinet who got there on merit?

But they look like America

by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2021 9:53 PM

What exactly is this surprising bombshell from this person that he may have hooked up with?

by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2021 9:59 PM

The smartest Dems are Pete Warren Bernie and AOC. There are clever politicos like Nancy and Amy. But they are very old school.

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2021 10:03 PM

R40 = Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2021 10:06 PM

Ooooo you scare me r44!!!

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2021 10:10 PM

a Unity ticket with kinzinger so DL can live out their masturbatory fantasies

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2021 10:34 PM

R42 = Let's put it this way = Buttigieg has publicly posted pix of his ass in tight jeans. his feet (for the freaks), and the shirtless pic of him sticking his tongue out jogging. WHAT do you think he has posted "privately"?. ..Oh My...Don't worry. You'll find out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2021 2:15 AM

Well then make it so Mr Wizard!

by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2021 2:28 AM

[quote] I’d like to see a Pete AOC ticket. Unbeatable.

Surest thing for even me not to vote.

by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2021 3:46 AM

Met a man. Married the Man. Has 2 brats. All in under 3 years. Ain't nobody in that much much of a hurry for no reason. I really think Buttigieg is prepping the "that happened in my past" card. The stories are out there. And being on the Amazon payroll is not a good look either.

by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2021 3:52 AM

That whole thing was very, very fast.

by Anonymousreply 51November 26, 2021 3:57 AM

He was closeted until 40.

by Anonymousreply 52November 26, 2021 3:58 AM

Nobody's electing a guy whose jobs consisted of working as a hack for a notorious outfit like McKinsey, being the mayor of a small college town and who had a notoriously racist record there... and who was Secretary of Fucking Transportation.

Stop dreaming, Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 53November 26, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote]town and who had a notoriously racist record

I would support this. But it’s not “racist record” it’s “racist” record.

by Anonymousreply 54November 26, 2021 4:02 AM

I would love a centrist Democrat to tell trans, blacks, Muslims, LGBTQ, and non-binary to go fuck off. That would be wonderful and glorious.

by Anonymousreply 55November 26, 2021 4:03 AM

A centrist GAY Democrat. Even better.

by Anonymousreply 56November 26, 2021 4:04 AM

lol. y'all are weird about how much you despise a politician who hasn't done anything remotely controversial and who hasn't said anything inflammatory towards anyone. like, it's a lot of energy to waste. it's like getting unhinged towards klobuchar or duckworth or connor lamb. i gotta think there are some deeper issues going on with how gay men react to other successful gay men.

by Anonymousreply 57November 26, 2021 5:44 AM

As with every thread about Buttigieg, nobody can ever name a single thing Pete has ever done for the LGBTQ Community. Nothing. Zilch.Sucking dicks you meet on hookup sites don't count. Behaving like you desperately wish YOU were straight doesn't count. What has he done? Hell, has he ever donated a dime to the Human Rights Campaign?....He is not a successful gay man, he is a desperate straight wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 58November 26, 2021 6:06 AM

AOC among the smartest? My sides are aching because I've laughed too much.

by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2021 6:24 AM

There is a big difference between hating a politician and being unimpressed by him. The Pete fans here want us to sacrifice white lambs to him. I just think he is in way over his head.

I think that of Kamala as well but Pete seems much less personally obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 60November 26, 2021 6:31 AM

I like Pete's personality, but I think Chasten is a negative influence, pushing him to some of the more crazy leftist ideas.

by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2021 6:38 AM

So the Democratic Party sabotaged his campaign with constant accusations of racism, but now they are going to groom him for a future presidency via transportation secretary role? Make it make sense people!!! Buttigieg vs Trump especially after this Biden presidency is going to be a landslide for the Repubs, and it makes me furious because I just want a competent liberal in office.

by Anonymousreply 62November 26, 2021 6:46 AM

R62 = Well said.

by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2021 6:57 AM

Next job is "an" Only Fans.

by Anonymousreply 64November 26, 2021 11:49 AM

[quote]POTUS Pete, VP Demmings, Senate Leader Klobuchar

This would flatten anything the Republican Party comes up with.

by Anonymousreply 65November 26, 2021 12:28 PM

[quote]As with every thread about Buttigieg, nobody can ever name a single thing Pete has ever done for the LGBTQ Community.

I'm gay - not LGBTQ+++- and am fine with having the first openly gay man in the U.S. Administration. I think that's "doing something" for the gay community.

We will have a gay president way before we ever have an openly atheist president. Think about that.

by Anonymousreply 66November 26, 2021 1:55 PM

Pete lovers, if he's so wonderful tell us exactly what he's done to get the ships unloaded?

by Anonymousreply 67November 26, 2021 2:01 PM

he's posted super cute pics on instagram of his one-eyed dog

by Anonymousreply 68November 26, 2021 2:16 PM

R40 Every Repug wants that ticket, what with it being utterly unelectable and all.

by Anonymousreply 69November 26, 2021 3:30 PM

Pete is a bottom? So they must buy a ton of double ended dildos because Chasie is a big ol gurl.

by Anonymousreply 70November 26, 2021 3:36 PM

[Quote] Pete lovers, if he's so wonderful tell us exactly what he's done to get the ships unloaded?

Wrong department. Go to Commerce.

by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2021 3:53 PM

R67: That is not the remit of the Department of Transportation. That would fall under Homeland Security at Customs, then Commerce. Learn what departments do what before opening a mouth, dear.

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2021 4:04 PM

He has a furry taint.

by Anonymousreply 73November 26, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote] Pete lovers, if he's so wonderful tell us exactly what he's done to get the ships unloaded?

Yeah, exactly! And inflation and world peace. He is in office for almost a year and Diet Coke is still sweetened with aspartame.

by Anonymousreply 74November 26, 2021 6:18 PM

R67 There are a lot of reasons to criticize Pete, and this isn't one of them lol

by Anonymousreply 75November 26, 2021 6:28 PM

I’d love to read these Pete sex stories that troll was pushing. Being a bottom isn’t surprising, it was a 50/50 chance.

by Anonymousreply 76November 26, 2021 7:50 PM

R76 = The stories will go hand in hand with the dick pix and the dirty texts....Wait and See...Let's just say nobody is going to take a bottom like Pete seriously when they find out he wants strangers to dominate him. There is a reason Pete lets Chasten boss him around.

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2021 1:35 AM

If Pete had weird sexual kinks, it would be the only remotely interesting thing about him.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2021 1:57 AM

Pete's biggest asset is Chasten!

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote]I'm sorry, but is there anyone in Biden's cabinet who got there on merit? Why on earth would you put the mayor of some rinky dink town, who basically accomplished nothing in that town, and put him in charge of a billion dollar transportation budget? What this guy knows about the Department of Transportation you could put in a thimble.

Oh yes, because Elaine Chao was so qualified to be Secretary of Transportation and definitely got the job based on merit.

by Anonymousreply 80November 27, 2021 1:59 AM

Comparing Pete to Elaine Chao and bragging about what an improvement he is, is not much of a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 81November 27, 2021 2:08 AM

Chasten is squirely and I bet secretly Pete regrets being tied down to him but he needs the look of stability.

by Anonymousreply 82November 27, 2021 2:10 AM

I'm not a fan of Pete, but these anonymous sex stories are obvious bullshit. There's no way someone as ambitious and careful as him would risk his rep like that. It's hard enough being a gay politician, he doesn't need to be known as a promiscuous bottom too. The last thing he wants, is mainstream America to see him as a stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 83November 27, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] There's no way someone as ambitious and careful as him would risk his rep like that

No doubt about that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 27, 2021 2:46 AM

R83 = Before Pete was famous. You'll see. He used to travel to meet guys. He didn't hook up in SB..Quit acting like guys don't do stupid things when they are horny. Just ask John McGreevey or Eliot Spitzer or Anthony Weiner or John Edwards....etc etc....The story I read was specific. Where. When. What. Let's just say Pete knew his way around Indianapolis and Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 85November 27, 2021 2:47 AM

Pete made the mistake of marrying the first loser that he dated.

by Anonymousreply 86November 27, 2021 2:51 AM

R85 so, when he was single he had sex?

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2021 3:21 AM

I think he is a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2021 3:35 AM

Pete = Meet a man...Marry the man...Have kids with the man. All in under 3 years..That alone tells you how desperate they both are. I know lots of gay couples who have kids and all of them waited at least 6 or 7 years because they traveled and had fun first...Pete wants to be straight so badly I am honestly surprised he hasn't tried gay conversion therapy. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2021 3:51 AM

As far as political spouses go, Chasten is actually doing a nice job. He's handling well the pressure and middle aged women seem to love him. The biggest reason people trash him here is because he isn't conventionally attractive.

by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2021 3:51 AM

Has Chasten ever had ANY job that Buttigieg did not get for him?...The teacher job (that Chasten never wanted and only kept for less than a year). Dog Walker. Nanny.

by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2021 4:02 AM

So beautiful Pete.

A Pete Buttigieg/ Beto O'Rourke ticket would be a dream come true.

by Anonymousreply 92November 27, 2021 4:05 AM

I was thinking Pete/Hakeen Jeffries, but Pete/Beto would be pretty awesome too.

by Anonymousreply 93November 27, 2021 4:08 AM

Hakeem Jeffries could be the SOS. mmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 94November 27, 2021 4:10 AM

r85 Those stories are totally untrue. Pete never even tried to have sex until he met Chasten. After one visit to Chasten's underground sex dungeon (Donjon du sexe de Chasten Glezman) Pete suddenly knew Man. He was HOOKED for LIFE!!!

by Anonymousreply 95November 27, 2021 4:18 AM

I want to fuck him now that it’s been established he’s a bottom whore.

by Anonymousreply 96November 27, 2021 4:18 AM

[Quote] A Pete Buttigieg/ Beto O'Rourke ticket would be a dream come true.

For the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2021 4:29 AM

For Republican who want to vote for Pete? Sure, let them cross party lines. Everybody loves Pete.

by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2021 4:41 AM

Kamala, Joe, Elizabeth and Amy were all AGGREGATORS. They went down lists of things that had to be done to fix America. Not easy to understand lists.

Pete is a DISTILLER. He explains why things are needed, complex things, in simple white, uneducated understanding language. People like him because he makes them feel smart.

by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2021 4:42 AM

R98, to be clear, I was commenting more about Beto.

by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2021 4:49 AM

R99 = And yet Pete couldn't explain why Black Voters shouldn't hate his guts for the job he did for minorities in South Bend?....There is a reason Pete lost in South Carolina.. Of course Buttigieg quit like he quit running for the DNC chair job before losing that too.. He isn't a gay success story as much as he is a gay quitter. Heck, he even quit the transportation job for months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2021 4:51 AM

The Poor, desperate, LOONY Anti-Pete Troll is reduced to posting a three year old article.

Go take your autism meds and fuck off, Troll.

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2021 5:04 AM

[quote] reduced to posting a three year old article.

That's a fair point. How is it the media whitewashes the issue now they thought was so significant such a short time ago

by Anonymousreply 103November 27, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote] Oh yes, because Elaine Chao was so qualified to be Secretary of Transportation and definitely got the job based on merit.

Whether you agree with her handling of the jobs she'd had previously, I don't think you can make the claim that she didn't have the experience for Sec of Transportation. She'd already served in 2 previous administrations at DOT and had other international level positions in finance plus her daddy founded a shipping company. And, I don't discount her husband as a help. But she was certainly more "qualified" for the job than Pete was. She actually handled a labor crisis at some western port during her tenure IIRC when she was Sec of Labor.

Having said that it doesn't mean Pete can't end up doing a great job.

by Anonymousreply 104November 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Of course he’s running, that’s why he had to get the kids.

by Anonymousreply 105November 27, 2021 5:55 AM

Buttigieg is also doing a lot of bootlicking to minorities who see right thru it. Announcing "Roads are Racist" and meeting with the black mayor of Columbia South Carolina. Pete really doesn't get it when it comes to minority voters. They can spot insincerity a mile away.....LINK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 27, 2021 6:12 AM

Minority voters do not care about sincerity, they care about results.

It is why LBJ was such a great president for them.

by Anonymousreply 107November 27, 2021 2:23 PM

Stop pandering to the blacks.

Lose some black votes and pick up more white votes.

Problem solved. President Pete.

by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2021 2:30 PM

R108 I agree, the black population is what 14%? You have to get white voters on board to win a US election. This is not Africa.

by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote]the black population is what 14%? You have to get white voters on board to win a US election. This is not Africa.

Better not tell Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2021 9:53 PM

the black population is what 14%?

Minus the ones Joe drummed out of the corps so that takes it down to 10%, 11%? Somewhere around there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2021 10:29 PM

As the majority of white voters vote Republican, what white voters do you think Pete will recruit? The left hates him, understandably, he's a Log Cabin Republican. Other whites are going to be impressed with a guy who has no relevant experience to run for President?

His ego's too big. He should run for Congress in a safe Indiana district. His only attempt to run statewide in Indiana failed miserably. Speaking of which: why isn't he working to turn Indiana blue again? Obama won Indiana in 2008 so it's doable.

by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2021 10:48 PM

This thread should be ff'd and dumped. It's the same troll, talking to himself over and over.

by Anonymousreply 113November 28, 2021 12:26 AM

it's funny that a lot of people talk about identity politics but that's exactly what's happening in this thread. Insane comments like "he's a log cabin Republican". This has to be based solely off the fact that he has a heteronormative life. He is to the left of almost any elected official right now. The only controversial thing he does said in the last six months is that infrastructure has some racism built into it. It's 100% correct and Republicans hated it. I can't think of a single policy issue where he would agree with the log cabin Republicans. If elected into the Senate he would immediately be one of the most progressive members. But because he is religious and has started a family and is a white male he is lumped in with Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 114November 28, 2021 12:41 AM

If he wasn't gay, he would be a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 115November 28, 2021 1:20 AM

I thought the old population were 13% and it has now dropped below 13%. I'm too lazy to look and you know what? I don't trust anymore that they haven't been manipulated for political purposes.

by Anonymousreply 116November 28, 2021 1:25 AM

R115 what makes you say that? He is in support of abortion including late term abortion. He is in full support of trans rights. He believes in higher taxes and larger government. He believes in climate change and in putting major restrictions on fossil fuels. He supports expansion of the Supreme Court. He supports a government run healthcare system for everyone. Literally nothing he has said or done or supported is in line with Republican values. You just don't like that he's not the right kind of queer.

by Anonymousreply 117November 28, 2021 1:43 AM

r113 The focus really needs to be on Chasten, as a model for the LGBTQ+ youth audience which dominates DL.

by Anonymousreply 118November 28, 2021 1:45 AM

What DL are you on?

by Anonymousreply 119November 28, 2021 1:54 AM

There is a reason staffers called Chasten "Chastise" behind his back for the way he would treat Pete. But bottoms like Pete love getting treated like dirt. You actually see some of it in their lousy amazon documentary.

by Anonymousreply 120November 28, 2021 1:56 AM

He supports a government run healthcare system for everyone.

He supports a bullshit, insurance-friendly plan and "choice" because he's backed by those interests. He should support Medicare For All. He's a neoliberal shill.

by Anonymousreply 121November 28, 2021 2:04 AM

Sorry, should have quoted this:

[quote]He supports a government run healthcare system for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 122November 28, 2021 2:05 AM

Petey Whoopsie #271 = "The Infrastructure Bill will create 19 MILLION JOBS" = It was 2 million jobs....Idiot Pete was off by 17 MILLION JOBS.....One of the many mistakes Petey gets a pass on...And instead of simply saying he misspoke Prissy Pete said "I should have been more clear"........Actually he should have been more correct....BTW = Pete seems to have had more dental work done. He used to have more of an overbite. I could see the difference after watching his humiliating video of him ending his failed Presidential Run...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 28, 2021 2:18 AM

If Chasten becomes first gentleman, will he share his fudge recipe?

by Anonymousreply 124November 28, 2021 2:18 AM

r124 No, but he will host special parties for friends(!!!) from the South Bend baths!

by Anonymousreply 125November 28, 2021 5:52 AM

I know but if the media narrative (created by whites) is that blacks don't like X, then a bunch of whites will not vote for X. So that they can feel like they are in solidarity with the blacks and feel less guilty. Like it's just elite whites manipulating other white people using black people's suffering as a political tool. It doesn't matter what an average black person thinks about a certain politician or policy, these white people only hear the voices of black political authorities like Al Sharpton. And I think black voters themselves are very influenced by these same types of leaders, Biden wouldn't be in office if it weren't for Clyburn in SC.

by Anonymousreply 126November 28, 2021 7:53 AM

Matt, Matt, Matt, isn't there some kind of medication you can take for your looniness?

by Anonymousreply 127November 28, 2021 8:40 AM

R126 = Pete sure wouldn't have been won if Biden hadn't won South Carolina. The black voters reject him. I actually think politics is about money for Buttigieg and not the White House--surely he knows he will never win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 28, 2021 8:42 AM

He looks like he’d have a super hairy ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 28, 2021 8:50 AM

R129 = Was that picture taken in Indianapolis by a top who just met a guy from South Bend?....If so it could be Pete for all we know.

by Anonymousreply 130November 28, 2021 9:10 AM

[Quote] The only controversial thing he does said in the last six months is that infrastructure has some racism built into it. It's 100% correct

Evidence for that today? Not decades ago. Today.

by Anonymousreply 131November 28, 2021 5:11 PM

You would think Democratic voters would be thrilled to have somebody in the Biden administration that does well in terms of being appreciated. You would think the more secretaries do well overall the better the chances that at least some things get done.

But no: That's not what counts. It is all about MY OWN wish list. Not meeting my wish list 100%? Go to hell! I only accept the 1% of candidates for Congress who match my wish list completely. The rest are Nazis, corrupt or spineless. Signed: Stupid entitled ass who doesn't think for one minute beyond my assumed entitlements.

by Anonymousreply 132November 28, 2021 5:25 PM

R131 Many examples were given and yes, most started out decades ago. But because our infrastructure has not been updated it's still persists and still results in inequality. Including building overpasses to low for buses to leave out of black neighborhoods to public beaches etc.

by Anonymousreply 133November 28, 2021 6:17 PM

The "black voters don't like Pete" thing was definitely blown out of proportion. Other than Biden, was there anyone that Black voters were largely behind? They didn't back Klobuchar or Yang either, but no one talked about that. Hell, even Kamala and Corey Booker didn't have huge support in the black community, which no one talked about either. The media was *obsessed* though with Buttigieg's numbers with black voters. And they definitely created a self-fulfilling prophecy where their constantly talking about how black voters didn't like Pete only served to turn off more black voters.

by Anonymousreply 134November 28, 2021 8:54 PM

R134 yeah, elizabeth warren didnt do well with non-white voters. Klobuchar did badly, Sanders did ok with young Black voters but not older ones. Castro polled badly. Only Biden did well with them in this last primary.

by Anonymousreply 135November 28, 2021 9:19 PM

Black voters vote for whoever James Clyburn tells them to.

by Anonymousreply 136November 29, 2021 3:26 AM

[quote] these white people only hear the voices of black political authorities like Al Sharpton. And I think black voters themselves are very influenced by these same types of leaders, Biden wouldn't be in office if it weren't for Clyburn in SC.

Clyburn is not Al Sharpton. I think you'll find most black Americans - not the ones who have the inclination and the time to be out demonstrating - do not like Al Sharpton or other grifters. I'll tell you who they liked. They liked Bill and they liked Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 137November 29, 2021 4:12 PM

It doesn’t matter about favorability ratings. Black Demos won’t vote for a gay man. He’d have to make a very strong play for their votes that might turn off other voters.

by Anonymousreply 138November 29, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote]They liked Bill and they liked Hillary.

They didn’t like Hill and her pandering.

by Anonymousreply 139November 29, 2021 8:48 PM

Another Buttigieg Mistake.....Pete encourages poor people go out and buy a 70,000 dollar electric car to get in on the savings because he is spending millions for the rich people electric charging stations!!!...IDIOT...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 30, 2021 2:27 AM

Mayor Pete emails the Transportation staff about his kids?...Does he not understand the term "professionalism"?. ..Dudes got too much time on his hands...What the hell does this guy do all day? I feel sorry for the staff who have actual work to do but have this attention whore of a boss throwing out emails about his brats and other ramblings..... WTF>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141November 30, 2021 2:32 AM

Pete looks so hot 🔥 in those pictures R140 R141

by Anonymousreply 142November 30, 2021 2:34 AM

What about this one R142?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 30, 2021 3:01 AM

He looks like pizza rat in that one, r143.

by Anonymousreply 144November 30, 2021 3:12 AM

he will never be president. Or even VP. Know that.

by Anonymousreply 145November 30, 2021 3:21 AM

lol. Those are like the most mundane normal emails that a boss could possibly send. What about him has met so many peoples's brains melt? I'm sure by 2024 you will be posting #LockHimUp on all Pete posts LOL.

by Anonymousreply 146November 30, 2021 5:00 AM

Side Note: I don't find him particularly attractive, but I'd love to see him get fucked by a bodybuilder twice his size.

Anyway, proceed...

by Anonymousreply 147November 30, 2021 5:03 AM

R147 I tried to google an image of Chasten exercising/weight lifting as maybe he could fulfill that fantasy you mention, but nothing came up.

Just a picture of him playing the bored housewife with his merlot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 30, 2021 5:30 AM

R140 Electric cars are going down in price. And the whole point is to get more people driving them as they go down in price.

by Anonymousreply 149November 30, 2021 5:48 AM

R149 = Tone Deaf....And probably Chasten. Or as he was called on the campaign trail, chastise---for the way he yelled at his wimp bottom husband behind the scenes.. By the way---keep your eyes open for Petes travel expenses....It is really starting to add up. For someone who wouldn't work weeks ago he sure is running up the tab to go to Arizona and the Carolinas---on taxpayers dime...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 30, 2021 6:41 AM

I read on a baseless right-wing website that Pete once FARTED in public... he's [bold]TRULY OVER[/bold]!!!

by Anonymousreply 151November 30, 2021 7:53 AM

Well, r151, at least Pete didn't fart in front of Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 152November 30, 2021 2:37 PM

Pete doesn't fart! That's how perfect he is!

by Anonymousreply 153November 30, 2021 5:31 PM

Yes, no anus.

by Anonymousreply 154November 30, 2021 6:31 PM

Tried to tell you all that the Trump Cult is fixated on bottom Buttigieg.......Here is proof......link..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 1, 2021 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!