Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Two years into Covid-19...let's be this year's Deplorable Thanksgiving!

I'm the fewer folding chairs necessary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 5:03 PM

I'm the little candles set up in front of print out pictures of Aunt Tammi, Cousin Kayden, Big Ol' Ross, Hunter Jr., Brandi (Hunter's girlfriend) and Meemaw O'Toole.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 2:04 PM

I'm the solemn declaration at the start of the meal that none of the above will ever be forgotten.

I'm also twenty minutes later when the above are completely forgotten when Cousin Jayden accuses Marci of stealing his tater tots.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 2:07 PM

I'm the cremation urns lined up on a closet shelf until someone "gets around" to the final dispositions.

If and when.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 2:44 PM

I’m the very rusty social skills.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 2:47 PM

I'm the realization that Aunt Maude will no longer be bringing her cranberry Jello that no one ate anyway on account of everyone knowing that she invariably ashed into it at some point.

Jesus needed an angel.

And some shit desserts.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 2:48 PM

I'm Uncle Billy, who no one's checked on since April 2020.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 2:49 PM

I'm the cranberry sauce in a can. Laverne brought three cans, so there'll be enough after she "accidentally" knocks her cousin Lance's fresh cranberry-orange relish into the trash.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 2:49 PM

I'm the heartfelt and passionate denunciation of vaccines to a room full of people with a dozen recently deceased relatives.

I am also the relatives shaking their heads in full agreement.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 2:53 PM

I'm the discreet goodbye to mom from the gay son who has had enough of forced attempts to eat side dishes that relatives he secretly hates brought, checking his phone constantly to see what time his drinking emporium opens. Mom agrees it's best when he threatens to slam his aunt's drunk husband's face into the left over marshmallow Jello desert that has been barely been touched. Cousin Greg, out smoking on the patio swing, notices a huge smile erupt as he walks out indicating that he's free. The rest of the family comments on his sudden absence, noting that this is the first time he's come to a family function in about five years.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 2:58 PM

I'm the large bottle of Ivermectin placed in a highly visible location in the dining room. Help yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 3:02 PM

I'm the wonderment that about a half dozen guests share and express that the food seems to lack all flavor this year.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote]Jesus needed an angel.

Man, I am LITERALLY up to my ass in angels.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 4:05 PM

I'm the audio for the TV football game.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 4:06 PM

I'm the strict no-masks rule.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 4:08 PM

We're goin' full tilt boogie: no masks, no tests, no distancing, no vaccinations and lotsa cigarette smoke. Suck it, Joe Bideeeeen!!

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 4:12 PM

I'm the post-holiday spike.

And I don't mean next day's Kool-Aid punch.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 4:13 PM

I'm the picture of Mr. President Donald Trump Sir taped to a folding chair, so it's like he's here as our honored guests and all. When five-year old Tammi Sue climbs into the chair, her momma swats her out of it faster than knocking a bluetail off the Sunday meatloaf.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 4:15 PM

Delusion, thy name is Datalounge liberals.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2021 4:15 PM

We're settin' 2 places for the Honorable 45th President and his most gracious wife Melania. MAGA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote]I'm the fewer folding chairs necessary.

Genius

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 5:19 PM

I'm the puzzling yet deeply felt frustration that weighs on all of them.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 5:20 PM

Lets go Brandon!

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2021 5:23 PM

I'm R22 in printed form on T-Shirts , hoodies, beanies, and blankets. I am also printed on mugs that hold the Coors Light and Budweiser or the football viewers.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2021 8:18 PM

I'm the terrified Branch Covidian (double masked and triple jabbed) sneaking into the bathroom to jerk off to Sorryantixaxxer.com

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 4:48 PM

I'm R24, entering the house and wondering why they can't smell the turkey.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 4:55 PM

I'm the pumpkin pie decorated on top with the letter "Q" in whipped cream.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 4:57 PM

R1 Meemaw O'Toole was a Catholic. Sad. One step up from Jehovah's Witness iffen you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 5:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!