Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Louis Vuitton store in Union Square of San Francisco Robbed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 30, 2021 10:21 PM

Not surprising at all.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2021 9:19 AM

Still seems strange to me how popular this spendy brown vinyl shit is!

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2021 9:43 AM

They is only doing it to feed theyselfs!

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2021 9:48 AM

I confess I don't give a single fuck about LV getting robbed. Have at it, robbers.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2021 9:49 AM

At least this time LE took prompt and decisive action resulting in several arrests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 10:01 AM

OP's already girthy cunt split even wider after she heard about this.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 10:04 AM

Was it one of these drag queen rings?

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 10:05 AM

They’ll do more time than the double murderer Kyle Rittenhouse

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 10:08 AM

LV can afford it. That brand is part of a big conglomerate and I'm sure their shit costs next to nothing to produce.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2021 10:20 AM

This is so sad. Pretty soon these stores will close up, because racism, and the citizens will weep about a "luxury handbag desert." My heart weeps for them.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2021 10:46 AM

Well...you can still buy "LV" on street corners...or out of trunk of a car..

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2021 11:10 AM

They are hoping the officers in the Arbery case are found not guilty so they can go shopping for Christmas. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2021 11:20 AM

San Franciscan's think it's OK for people to steal, the robbers are underprivileged and are entitled to reparations. Have you noticed the cities with highest crime rates and financial problems are run by Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2021 11:27 AM

Check out the Trumper at R13. You're preaching to the wrong crowd, ladycunt.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2021 11:47 AM

Ghastly!

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2021 11:49 AM

Gurlfriend @ R13 - you can't talk like that on here.

And remember...Joe is mighty and Kamala is an angel from heaven.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2021 11:51 AM

Ever notice how most cities with Republican mayors don't have LV stores? Plenty of Outback Steakhouses and Burlington Coat Factories, though.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2021 12:33 PM

Waffle Houses, too...

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2021 12:36 PM

we steal from da rich and give to I's baby mamas

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2021 12:36 PM

They aren't all in cities with democrat mayors either.

Scottsdale, AZ - Independent

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2021 12:44 PM

Go fuck yourself R13 You're a freeper.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2021 12:50 PM

i haven't seen the word "freeper" on here in YEARS. it's been taken over by Boris and the oh so boring "troll".

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2021 12:54 PM

The lawlessness is demoralizing to society. Mayors and city councils should rethink the "no prosecution" stance.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2021 12:56 PM

Every other day some high end luxury store is being hit, LV in Chicago (twice), Givenchy in NYC, etc...

This is work of organized crime, has to be.... Ever since all those BLM looters got away Scott free without even charges filed for those caught it has been open season on luxury retail.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2021 12:58 PM

Remember in the 80s when it was very ghetto to wear fake LV baseball caps. I had a friend who wore one. She thought she was being hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2021 1:04 PM

[quote]This is work of organized crime, has to be....

WHAT'S weird is they escape in cars - doesn't anyone get their licence plates?

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2021 1:05 PM

R26, the logical conclusion is that, just as with the Mafia and organized crime from the 20s onward, the politicians and cops are on the take and get a percentage of the profits.

I don't have any evidence that this is happening in SF. But politicians and police protecting crime rings in exchange for a portion of the profit has been business as usual forever.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2021 1:09 PM

Oh well, LV isn't out much. They may claim the robbers stole hundreds of thousands of dollars of merchandise, but the actual manufacturing cost of the merch is more likely pennies on the dollar of the retail price.

IMO these luxury handbags are obscenely overpriced and for people with more money than brains. They're paying mainly for the name, not the bag. One of those $10,000.00 vinyl LV handbags probably costs no more than $300.00 to make (if that). I've seen them deconstructed and repaired in various YouTube videos and the internal workings of those bags are nothing but cheap cardboard which is why they break down so fast.

That said, I still have my late mother's Chanel bag in a box somewhere since 1995. Maybe I should advertise it and sell it to some brainless nitwit floating in cash.

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2021 1:10 PM

"Must not arrest and prosecute "petty crime" by black folks." They put odd figures on what is petty - 600? 900? Obviously several purses is thousands but let's not get picky. DO NOT PURSUE DO NOT PROSECUTE

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2021 1:12 PM

Thieves that busted huge glass windows to loot that Givenchy story on Madison avenue sped away in cars as well. In fact every single luxury place that has been robbed on UES lately perps sped away in cars.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2021 1:12 PM

It's the luxury stores AND the corner chain pharmacy. They are equally demoralizing. Many Americans live on fixed and/or small incomes and must be pennypinchers and very careful shoppers, and go without necessities. So its VERY demoralizing if someone can walk into the CVS and fill a bag and walk out.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2021 1:13 PM

R28, I agree that LV today is overpriced shit for the Instagram crowd. Yes, they are making an obscene profit on the bags. Part of that obscene profit goes to pay the obscene rent on the fancy stores at the "prestigious" addresses. So it may not be true that they're not "out much."

If their rent-paying profit continues to walk out the door, they will have to close the store. I'm sure LV will survive fine, but some retail locations won't.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2021 1:18 PM

Louis Vuitton is common and vulgar....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2021 1:39 PM

Well, it wasn't the Roma or Travellers.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2021 1:41 PM

OP is Boris. Posting this “news” to divide us.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2021 1:48 PM

I wonder who had the idea first to launch a LV-Vogue magazine cruise? Vogue, LV, or André Leon Talley?

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2021 1:57 PM

It's not working any more, R35, dear. Calling people "Boris" just isn't working like it used to.

Read the room.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote]Calling people "Boris" just isn't working like it used to.

Thank GOD for that. Bring back freeper!

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2021 2:07 PM

Sadly le déluge have discovered Goyard,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2021 2:21 PM

R39 Same shite really, just ostentatious Veblen goods by a different name. A status logo printed on a vinyl coated fabric. They may use nicer leather for the straps, and handles than LV's pigskin, but it's still not as durable as calf, bull, or kid leather, or the even longer lasting shell Cordovan.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2021 2:39 PM

More troll nonsense. Most large scale theft has an insider connection. Luxury goods aren't exactly a call for action.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2021 3:07 PM

Classy brand, classy OP, classy posters.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2021 4:10 PM

Used LV bags don't command huge prices on Ebay with most going for a few hundred bucks. But just take a gander at the prices on these used Hermes Kelly bags, most of which say show visible scratches and stains. What kind of cretin would pay that kind of money for a used handbag? It boggles the mind how stupid some can be with money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2021 6:16 PM

R43 It sure does boggle a sound mind. Complete madness.

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2021 6:22 PM

Store employees should be permitted to shoot/kill the invaders.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2021 6:29 PM

"This comes as San Francisco is dealing with an uptick in organized retail theft across the city, causing several stores to permanently close."

In other words, shoplifting and robbery gangs are a thing in San Francisco just like everywhere else and it doesn't have a fucking thing to do with what happened in Kenosha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2021 6:40 PM

R45 Oh, OK Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2021 6:42 PM

Klan Granny at r3

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2021 6:42 PM

I buy all my LOUIS VUITTON in Chinatown. 10,000% off!

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Crime is actually going down in San Francisco

Gotta love the rednecks from Mississippi and Alabama who are supposedly so concerned about San Francisco....meanwhile their own states are poverty ridden shitholes where everyone is doing meth

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2021 6:44 PM

R45, they don't want to. Would you put your life on the line for the owners of LMVH.? They're insured.

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2021 6:49 PM

There were 100k deaths from overdoses this year so the rural communities have their own problems, miss.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2021 7:12 PM

Have people pay a deposit to enter the store. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2021 7:15 PM

R50 Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2021 7:17 PM

SF's useless DA Boudin is facing a recall vote in June -- each one of these brazen robberies is yet another nail in his coffin. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2021 7:21 PM

Meanwhile the entire north American continent was stolen from the native Americans. The natives were displaced murdered and completely destroyed.

No one cares about that, nor was anyone ever punished or held accountable for those atrocious deeds.

But a bunch of people stealing from a tacky high-end retail store, is cause to get bent out of shape over.

Those European principles & priorities are marvelous!

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2021 7:28 PM

It’s probably foreign groups organizing this through Facebook and taking a cut of the profits. This stuff never happened before all these foreign Facebook pages starting getting millions of followers and directing a lot of these stunts.

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2021 7:28 PM

Those bags aren’t even leather?

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2021 7:29 PM

Who gives a fuck? LV isn't even an American company. It's a European one, so who gives a fucking fuck?

Not me!

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2021 7:31 PM

R58 No, they're not. I posted what tbey are uptbread, but perhaps you have me blocked out. Vinyl coated canvas. Handles, and some little patches at the sides where straps attach are pigskin. Very cheap, and one can see the pores, as they're not filled or glazed over.

Another poster upthread is entirely accurate by sharing the cardboard secrets. They use this shite to strengthen the framing, hetween the pigskin strap pie es, etc. Gucci, Goyard, Fendi, it's all the same crap. Very cheap lining that breaks down as well.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2021 7:34 PM

Some of our cities have become like South American cities.

Kicked off by leadership at all levels acting as though violence and crime is okay depending on the perps.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2021 7:34 PM

Disgusting. Chicago is a total shithole, and now criminals are emboldened. Think the wealthy areas are immune from crime, think again.

Wilmette, an affluent North Shore suburb I grew up in, recently had an attempted armed carjacking in broad daylight.

Unbelievable that people continue to support liberal policies which have equated righting historical racial inequality with to robbery and theft rather than education and acquiring valuable skills.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2021 7:43 PM

R61 America has never been a civilized country from day one.

And it was never meant to be civilized. Just look at your country's insane gun laws.

As far as I'm concerned. These are petty crimes compared to what the white ruling class of America has been doing and getting away with for centuries.

Maybe they should correct themselves first, before always trying to go after marginalized minorities. Who the ruling classes of America are responsible for the conditions in which a lot if these people live in. A lot of this is self inflicted. Fix your social issues in your country and a lot of the crimes go away easily.

There's just this persistent refusal to do the right thing for the least amongst you, why America remains in the free fall position it perpetually finds its in.

Do better as a country and the entire country will succeed in ways you'd never imagined.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2021 7:44 PM

If you you’re pushing the republican takeover as some sort of nostalgic law and order utopia you’re trolling has gone off the rails.

Black people are going to get it the worst. They are trying to appease the black community through Facebook saying that as long as you’re a conservative black, we will spare you. That is the narrative.

But ALL people need to push back on Republican fascism because they will not be sparing anyone. Look at Jan 6th. Those will be the people carrying out the republicans orders and if you think because you tuck your shirt in that they are not coming for you, then you’re wishful thinking has taken a leap to full blow delusions.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2021 7:51 PM

I remember after the L.A. riots the people were mad because they didn’t rebuild the supermarkets the people had looted and burned down—and people had go drive or take the bus to buy groceries. Next SFers are going to complain that stores in downtown SF are closing and wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2021 7:53 PM

All of this shit goes back to reconstruction. It should've been enforced aggressively and you as a country wouldn't be here today, with these same social issues.

It all goes back to the social issues of a country. People don't do thus type of thing for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2021 7:57 PM

Hoodrats gonna hood

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2021 8:39 PM

USA is becoming a shit hole apparently, it is going to be the same as South Africa very soon. American dream becomes the worst nightmare …

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2021 8:40 PM

How come they didn't hit all the "luxury brand" stores just down one block on Grant Avenue?

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2021 8:42 PM

Which California politician came up with the idea to not prosecute unless a theft is more than $950?

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2021 8:44 PM

Any asshole on this thread wanting a return to the good old "law and order" days of Donald J. Trump:

DJT is the biggest criminal to have ever occupied The Oval Office, bar none. No other president in the history of the US not only plotted an armed insurrection, no other president has plotted to have the Vice-President and House Speaker MURDERED BY A MOB IN COLD BLOOD!

If you want law and order, it has to start at the top, and not when one of the biggest proponents of "law and order" is a mafia don wannabe, like DJT.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2021 8:56 PM

There's an interesting trope that pops up a lot on DL. It goes like this: Trump is a bad thing, so nothing else is bad. And if you bring up any bad thing, mentioning Trump neutralizes it.

Because Trump is so bad that he has absorbed all the badness in the world and nothing else can ever be called bad.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2021 9:03 PM

Trump is Gone!! He has nothing to do with San Francisco poliitics!

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote] America has never been a civilized country from day one.

R63, this was and is most certainly a relatively civilized country based on laws and civility.

Was it perfect? Of course not.

It's nonsensical to hold the extreme view you do and it simply doesn't reflect our history or a historical comparative study of world history.

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2021 9:16 PM

Are there black people who don’t think this looting behavior is justified? Or are they all borderline sociopathic?

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2021 9:17 PM

Thank you, r71.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]How come they didn't hit all the "luxury brand" stores just down one block on Grant Avenue?

They did; just not as dramatically.

[quote]A KTVU camera crew said Fendi and Yves Saint Laurent were among the affected retailers.

[quote]Some of the high-end retail shops that were hit, included Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2021 9:23 PM

Look out, Grant Avenue! A hoard sporting flats and capris is coming your way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2021 9:29 PM

As long as the high end retailers keep their stock displayed right on the street behind huge windows with no protection they're going to continue to have these brazen robberies. They need to put up some sort of impenetrable divider between the sidewalk and the glass that still allows people to see in, and employ armed guards to stand guard inside the stores. They make it easy for the scum to just smash and grab.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2021 9:30 PM

Or put glass that can't be smashed in the windows. It's made.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2021 9:31 PM

R79, your post would fit so nicely on this DL thread, "Let's Be Nice Things We Can't Have Anymore."

Because this is why we can't have nice things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2021 9:33 PM

Something tells me that a lot of posters in this thread will be blindsided by the outcomes of the 2022 midterms.

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2021 9:44 PM

This shit only happens in horribly unequal societies. Spread the wealth and we'll stop stealing.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote] I remember after the L.A. riots the people were mad because they didn’t rebuild the supermarkets the people had looted and burned down—and people had go drive or take the bus to buy groceries. Next SFers are going to complain that stores in downtown SF are closing and wonder why.

No one is wondering why.

Violent crime and looting is usually committed by young(er) men.

Grocery shopping so your family doesn't have to eat McDonald's 3x per day is usually done by women, older people, decent working people (who are poor).

Why should group 2 be hurt by the actions of group 1?

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] As long as the high end retailers keep their stock displayed right on the street behind huge windows with no protection they're going to continue to have these brazen robberies

Why should all the rest of the world accommodate this crap. The pendulum has swung too far in the extreme of okaying this behavior and all the things that lead to it. It's going to swing back and then everyone will cry at how "unfair" it is. But that's how it always works.

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2021 11:26 PM

The only time I remember crime in my neighborhood is when I went out in the middle of the night for a subway sandwich. Two white guys yelled, "Are you that Jussie N-word from Empire? How could I deny it? Next thing I knew they had jumped me, punched me, poured bleach on my shirt, put a noose around my neck and said," This is MAGA country."

I told them they had gotten off DuSable Drive at the wrong place and gave them directions to the two outer neighborhoods where all the cops live and everyone has Covid. They thanked me and said I could keep the rope because macrame plant hangers are coming back. I thanked them for the interesting bleach pattern on my hoodie, which I kind of like

Then I went home.

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2021 11:58 PM

this is like the looting all over again...

this happened also in NYC last week. different brand but similar story.

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2021 12:01 AM

why don't they hit Chanel? They just increased their prices and their quality is shit!

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2021 12:02 AM

$6000 and it's not even leather!

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2021 12:03 AM

Yea they need to hit up that Nazi Coco's shops.

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2021 12:03 AM

Stay away from Costco. That is a line in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2021 12:08 AM

. Videos of what’s going on in San Francisco will make,great campaign ads.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2021 12:47 AM

there is usually a line to get into this store in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2021 12:49 AM

R50 most people don't even bother reporting crime, especially car damage, because they know cops won't do shit and would rather pay out of pocket to repair their windows than have their insurance premiums go up. Reported crime rate != actual crime rate.

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2021 1:08 AM

it's organized crime.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2021 1:09 AM

“Why should group 2 be hurt by the actions of group 1?”

Because men have always fucked things up for the rest of us, let these no good fuckers rot in jail. I don’t care how tough their childhood was.

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2021 1:11 AM

Not MY Louis Vuitton!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2021 1:12 AM

[quote]Stay away from Costco. That is a line in the sand.

Some shoplifters tried to grab and dash at Costco and got caught.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2021 1:18 AM

IT's not organized organized crime. It's gangs who organize a theft and have a idea how to sell the stolen goods. Its not traditional "organized crime" families. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2021 1:19 AM

Worthless pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote] It’s probably foreign groups organizing this through Facebook and taking a cut of the profits. This stuff never happened before all these foreign Facebook pages starting getting millions of followers and directing a lot of these stunts.

We know! It’s Boris!

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2021 1:22 AM

DEATH PENALTY!

by Anonymousreply 102November 21, 2021 1:31 AM

Some 25 year old ghetto bitch with 5 kids and no husband will be sporting a $6000 purse this Christmas ! Im sorry,its not about the goods,its about the decay of civilized society. These businesses should be allowed to gun those fuckers down and stack them like cordwood in front of the store with a sign saying "Fuck around and find out" . I am so sick of these stories .

by Anonymousreply 103November 21, 2021 1:42 AM

So the last few years of the POS POTUS and his cronies flouting the law with absolute impunity, why is this surprising?

by Anonymousreply 104November 21, 2021 1:44 AM

[quote] Some 25 year old ghetto bitch with 5 kids and no husband will be sporting a $6000 purse this Christmas !

How would she be able to purchase a $6000 purse online?!?

by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2021 2:26 AM

[quote]

Meanwhile the entire north American continent was stolen from the native Americans. The natives were displaced murdered and completely destroyed. No one cares about that, nor was anyone ever punished or held accountable for those atrocious deeds. But a bunch of people stealing from a tacky high-end retail store, is cause to get bent out of shape over. Those European principles & priorities are marvelous!

You're right, R56. No one cares. Only the people it happened to care. And a few morally thoughtful people. But no one else. Even the people who say they care don't. Ask any one of those 20 yr old Ivy league white kids if they'd give up their spot for a Native kid. They'll say yes. Set up a real situation, though, where saying yes means they actually would have to give up their spot? That yes will become an instant no, and they'll have the "but this is why it's OK for me to protect MY personal interests in this specific instance" justification ready in seconds.

What would the solution look like to you? Are you even Native? Sometimes I think the left did a big disservice to certain groups of people, getting their hopes up that they could win justice, reparations etc. They can't. No one gives up the spoils of war. Territory, treasure, whatever it is - no one gives it up. Not without being forced.

Can you force us to give it up? No? Then we won't. That's the lesson of all of human history.

by Anonymousreply 106November 21, 2021 2:34 AM

Thanks for your idiotic diversion from what we were discussing.

by Anonymousreply 107November 21, 2021 2:37 AM

Meant to quote another poster, it failed. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 108November 21, 2021 2:39 AM

R78

[quote] Look out, Grant Avenue! A hoard sporting flats and capris is coming your way!

Oh Dear.

by Anonymousreply 109November 21, 2021 2:46 AM

R106 are you really trying to excuse the actions of a bunch of trash who wreck communities with an emotional appeal to the plight of native Americans? Sit down.

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2021 2:52 AM

"But what about Trump?, What about Russia?, What about blah blah blah?"

jesus christ shut up, stop trying to derail threads with your mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2021 2:54 AM

R106 ‘s Indian name is Dances With Red Herring

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2021 2:57 AM

Toots, they got arrested. It qualifies as disorganized crime.

by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2021 2:58 AM

To the above poster, they are not keeping LV stuff. They will be fencing it.

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2021 3:50 AM

I was responding to R56 and attempted quote them, failed, and now the quote just seems like part of the post.

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2021 4:12 AM

The latest from London Breed: the solution is to limit car access to the area; public transportation is available. Because what Christmas shoppers want the most is the permastench of BART soaking into their gifts.

Meanwhile, in Walnut Creek...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2021 6:28 AM

Give us a break - The looters are victims of capitalist greed. Nobody was hurt, only redistribution of wealth, and LV is insured. Don’t prosecute - don’t abandon your noble principles - these are lifestyle crimes, and should not lead to caging of humans. You don’t know what it’s like to not be able to put food on the table while you gays live in guided lilys.

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2021 6:50 AM

R117 They aren't looting for food. They are looting for profit.

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2021 7:05 AM

R117, you know people can apply for SNAP for food, right? But you know what pays for SNAP? Taxes from these businesses when they sell their products.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2021 7:12 AM

This is like the crime wave you read about in comic books.

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2021 7:23 AM

Pretty nice cars for people who can't afford food.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2021 7:25 AM

I went to the NYC store recently and you had to be escorted around the store by an employee. They wouldn't just let you casually browse. I thought this was pretty overbearing. They're really afraid of someone grabbing a toiletry bag and stuffing it down the front of their pants? Most of the shit in there was way too big to shoplift.

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2021 7:26 AM

Holiday shopping season begins next week, so it will be interesting to see whether this mob looting will keep happening.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2021 7:40 AM

[quote]Give us a break - The looters are victims of capitalist greed. Nobody was hurt, only redistribution of wealth, and LV is insured. Don’t prosecute - don’t abandon your noble principles - these are lifestyle crimes, and should not lead to caging of humans.

Crimes like this lead to bigger crimes. Ignoring this type of stuff is what made NYC one of the most dangerous cities in the world during the 1970s. By prosecuting all the "broken window crimes" during the 1990s and 2000s, actually made NYC the safest large city in the world. And then diblasio was elected and he ignored everything

Once disorder begins, it leads to more disorder by other people. When the whole neighborhood becomes disorder you have a shithole ghetto

Trump created chaos in the whole country and all these crimes are result of that chaos. It's time to stop this shit

by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2021 8:28 AM

More thieving in San Francisco

About 25 cars just blocked the street and rushed into the Walnut Creek Nordstrom making off with goods before getting in cars and speeding away.

At least two people arrested at gunpoint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2021 9:02 AM

Just shoot them. They're robbing the fucking store, causing property damage. I don't understand why a store can't protect itself. What next? Banks?

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2021 9:45 AM

It's slightly disorganized organized crime, which rightwingers want to spin as "black looting sprees caused by liberal policies."

Anyone who falls for that is already disposed to vote Republican or very, very stupid, or both.

The trolls on this thread remind me of the rightwingers on the Rittenhouse threads who have been saying that all legitimate mainstream media outlets have been lying and only the rightwing propaganda outlets tell the truth, and that the Rittenhouse verdict supports this. Here, it's all Democratic-run cities and states are lawless hellscapes and only the rightwing cities and states have safety, law and order.

by Anonymousreply 127November 21, 2021 10:08 AM

[quote] More thieving in San Francisco. About 25 cars just blocked the street and rushed into the Walnut Creek Nordstrom

You don’t know your geography, do you?

by Anonymousreply 128November 21, 2021 10:13 AM

People who rob stores are deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 129November 21, 2021 10:15 AM

R106 clearly has aids brain. That is the most absurd example of a straw man argument I've ever heard. Robbing a LV store does not equate to the almost 100% genocide of American Indians. You're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 130November 21, 2021 10:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2021 2:42 PM

Grand Larceny is permissible because sexy-man Chesa Boudin says it's permissible.

He says decriminalising Grand Larceny for these enterprising thieves is easier than setting up a bureaucratic system of paying out reparations to 12% of the population.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 21, 2021 5:54 PM

Chessa Boudeen is as sexy as Justin Trudeau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2021 6:38 PM

Chesa is getting recalled next year, count on it. If I could’ve signed the petition (which passed) a 1000x I would have done so. What do you expect from a DA whose parents are in jail for murder?

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote] DA whose parents are in jail for murder?

Yes, it's hilarious that San Franciscans would vote for this fool. But didn't they also vote for Kamala Harris?

by Anonymousreply 135November 21, 2021 6:59 PM

[quote] Chessa Boudeen is as sexy as Justin Trudeau.

Uh, no, R133. He's bald and has bad teeth.

by Anonymousreply 136November 21, 2021 7:09 PM

For people who are defending property crimes and the criminals who commit them, I hope you or your loved ones experience the consequences of lawless actions. People do get hurt as a result of them. Years ago, I took my late mother to cancer clinic for transfusion and antibiotics when we got stuck in traffic due to protesting cyclists blocking traffic. My mom ended up missing her appointment, and the delay in getting treatment was bad enough to get her admitted to the hospital later that night. She later caught pneumonia that was spread at the hospital. So don’t say dumbass actions are not harmless, when they can have direct and indirect consequences.

Disregard for rules of a civilized society has consequences, both immediate and longterm. Immediate consequences could mean you or your loved ones being knocked down or run over by these fleeing thugs. Longterm consequences include degradation of social values that govern personal behavior. There will be no respect for personal properties and boundaries because everything is within reason for the taking. Say goodbye to a safe, functional society.

by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote] Gang of EIGHTY crowbar-wielding looters in ski masks ransack California Nordstrom and fill 25 cars with designer goods in raid lasting less than one minute

Redistribute that wealth my brothas !

by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2021 7:16 PM

Meant to say “ don’t say dumbass actions are harmless”

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2021 7:17 PM

It's organized crimes of our time.

by Anonymousreply 140November 21, 2021 7:20 PM

R135 yes it’s embarrassing that many here voted for Chesa. But it’s to be expected from a city that is more concerned about renaming high schools (no to Lincoln), doing away with academics-based high school (too Asian), and treating mentally ill homeless as if they’re outdoor pets, rather than governing the city to make it safer for residents?

by Anonymousreply 141November 21, 2021 7:22 PM

R136 Chessa Boudeen may have an overlookable gap in his teeth but he radiates more pelvis-thrusting sex vibes than Justin (Blackface) Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 142November 21, 2021 7:27 PM

It’s interesting that we have both right and left wingers leering at this.

Rightwingers are bringing the racism of course. BLACK PEOPLE HURR HURR.

Leftwingers with that sneery luxury products serves them right attitude.

It’s good to see we can still get together sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 143November 21, 2021 7:28 PM

Not only is our DA Chesa Boudin’s parents in jail for murder, but our mayor’s brother is also in jail for murder. Also, she lied and helped provide him with false alibi. Mayor London Breed’s ex boyfriend, a public works chief, (remained close friend) was arrested by the FBI and is being prosecuted for fraud as well as taking kickbacks. The city supervisors are a fucking joke, and out homeless mentally ill population continue to take over different neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 144November 21, 2021 8:38 PM

R144 A Cesspool!

by Anonymousreply 145November 21, 2021 8:48 PM

Which side are you, r143?

by Anonymousreply 146November 21, 2021 8:52 PM

When businesses leave taking their tax dollars with them because they can't operate in conditions like this. Some idiots will be stumped as to why and complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 147November 21, 2021 9:06 PM

It’s too bad Boudim can’t be recalled until June. Lots of damage will be done by then. NYC just elected a soft on crime DA. He doesn’t seem as clueless as Boudin so maybe he won’t do as much damage. Anyone running for Governor in NY better have a solid position on bail. Anyone who supports current bail reform will be DOA. Hopefully that includes J, Williams.(the worst of the bunch.)

by Anonymousreply 148November 21, 2021 9:15 PM

What a shit hole!

by Anonymousreply 149November 21, 2021 9:34 PM

Obviously this wasn’t a random street crime; it was probably organized by the fences who move the stolen property. It’s always easy to arrest the lowest members of a criminal conspiracy. It’s harder to get at the people who actually plan and benefit from crime.

by Anonymousreply 150November 21, 2021 9:37 PM

What a shit hole!

by Anonymousreply 151November 21, 2021 9:46 PM

With Instagram showing influencers wearing all these name brands, it's no surprise, really, that envious people would resort to any means necessary of getting their own.

by Anonymousreply 152November 21, 2021 9:48 PM

They aren’t keeping it for themselves, dear.

by Anonymousreply 153November 21, 2021 9:58 PM

I remember during the George Floyd riots people pulling up to luxury retail stores in rented U-Haul vans, emptying out the stores and driving off within minutes. The cops were helpless, the looters were too fast to catch. And the liberals were like “b-but they’re upset! They’ve been OPPRESSED for YEARS, poor things!”

by Anonymousreply 154November 21, 2021 10:01 PM

No one in San Francisco is apparently safe this weekend from thieves and robbers! HIDE YOUR JEWELS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 21, 2021 10:05 PM

[quote]With Instagram showing influencers wearing all these name brands, it's no surprise, really, that envious people would resort to any means necessary of getting their own.

It's more likely that the products will be sold on Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 21, 2021 10:05 PM

[quote]pulling up to luxury retail stores in rented U-Haul vans emptying out the stores and driving off within minutes.

Why don't they contact the U-Haul people and find out who rented them? It doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 157November 21, 2021 10:06 PM

What app are they using to coordinate their heist?

by Anonymousreply 158November 21, 2021 10:12 PM

How would anyone here possibly know, r158?

by Anonymousreply 159November 21, 2021 10:14 PM

R159 DL'ers are too high and mighty to loot? ;D

by Anonymousreply 160November 21, 2021 10:20 PM

I remember reading in one of the articles about the rash of swarm robberies in Palo Alto that a lot of the high-end items are moved out of the country. The drugstore products end up at East Bay flea markets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 21, 2021 10:23 PM

Retail is dead in SF!

by Anonymousreply 162November 21, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]I remember during the George Floyd riots people pulling up to luxury retail stores in rented U-Haul vans, emptying out the stores and driving off within minutes. The cops were helpless, the looters were too fast to catch. And the liberals were like “b-but they’re upset! They’ve been OPPRESSED for YEARS, poor things!”

Of course you do, r154...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163November 21, 2021 10:48 PM

80 suspects??!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 21, 2021 11:16 PM

I remember when designer sneakers zoomed in popularity. They would mug people on the street to get the sneakers. When was that? Late 80s? Early 90s?

by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2021 11:18 PM

R164, it’s probably not just the thieves, either. I’m sure some workers in the stores are in on these things.

by Anonymousreply 166November 21, 2021 11:20 PM

Same thing happened with Cabbage Patch dolls r165.

by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2021 11:25 PM

Luxury for the sake of Luxury - not even quality - just fetichism. Finally found its best "customers" - ghetto trash thieves.

I kind of love it.

I think we need MORE OF IT.

STEAL IT ALL UNTIL IT LOSES ALL CHACHET because you stole it and you're TRASH. Ha. And then I hope you're all arrested and in prison for grand theft of "fortunes" in complete crap.

by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2021 11:33 PM

fetichism

I learned a new word today. TY r168

But to be fair about it, it's been around a long time before tiktok trash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2021 11:43 PM

^^^ but the quality of goods was much better then.

by Anonymousreply 170November 22, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote]We know! It’s Boris!

D'boris.

by Anonymousreply 171November 22, 2021 1:00 AM

Stop trying to make fetichism happen.

by Anonymousreply 172November 22, 2021 3:03 AM

alright alright typo. But commodity fetishism is what it's all about. There doesn't seem to be a solution because commodity consumption grows economies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 22, 2021 3:19 AM

fetichism. / (ˈfɛtɪˌʃɪzəm, ˈfiː-) / noun. a condition in which the handling of an inanimate object or a specific part of the body other than the sexual organs is a source of sexual satisfaction. belief in or recourse to a fetish for magical purposes

by Anonymousreply 174November 22, 2021 3:40 AM

Can we please move on to “CHACHET” now?

by Anonymousreply 175November 22, 2021 3:57 AM

[quote] Chesa is getting recalled next year, count on it. If I could’ve signed the petition (which passed) a 1000x I would have done so. What do you expect from a DA whose parents are in jail for murder?

Wait, is the recall good? I thought it was bad and wasted millions in tax payers money and everyone was glad Gavin Newsom beat it. Are the people who didn’t want Gavin recalled now wanting Chelsea recalled?

by Anonymousreply 176November 22, 2021 4:01 AM

[quote] a DA whose parents are in jail for murder

And Trudeau's parents were a Party-going Socialite and The President of Cuba.

by Anonymousreply 177November 22, 2021 4:05 AM

Your anti-intellectualism is part of the reason there are violent bandits and lawlessness running amok in the USA. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 178November 22, 2021 4:06 AM

[quote] Gang of EIGHTY crowbar-wielding looters in ski masks ransack California Nordstrom

Oh dear. Now they can add ARMED robbery. Usually that's up to 15 years.

For the record Chesa's parents are now both out of prison.

His mother was released quite a while ago and easily slipped back into her privileged life.

Chesa lobbied Gov Cuomo to commute his father's sentence so he could be released and he was just released about 2 weeks ago.

Chesa exercising his privilege. The typically entitled.

by Anonymousreply 179November 22, 2021 6:35 AM

[quote] Your anti-intellectualism is part of the reason…

Who are you talking to, R178?

by Anonymousreply 180November 22, 2021 6:40 AM

What is Kamala doing about this outrage?

by Anonymousreply 181November 22, 2021 6:44 AM

Chesa = Disasta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 22, 2021 6:59 AM

R137 you probably should have left earlier for the appointment. Protest is an important part of a civilize society, surely you’d know that? ;)

by Anonymousreply 183November 22, 2021 8:12 AM

[quote]Democratic-run cities and states are lawless hellscapes and only the rightwing cities and states have safety, law and order.

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 184November 22, 2021 8:30 AM

Is R117 satire? I can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 185November 22, 2021 8:33 AM

What Milo involved?

by Anonymousreply 186November 22, 2021 9:58 AM

Milo's hawking religious decor pieces, r186....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187November 22, 2021 3:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 22, 2021 4:00 PM

I'm glad they hit LuLulemon, fucking shit is wayyyy overpriced. over 100 bucks for leggings!

by Anonymousreply 189November 22, 2021 4:12 PM

R185, yes, it was satire.

by Anonymousreply 190November 22, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote] You don’t know what it’s like to not be able to put food on the table while you gays live in guided lilys.

Sadly, the lily I live in is entirely unguided.

by Anonymousreply 191November 22, 2021 4:15 PM

R189 So if you personally do not care for the product, the store deserves to be looted and staff and customers terrorised...?

by Anonymousreply 192November 22, 2021 8:18 PM

Yes, it will teach them a lesson to price things such as fucking leggings so high!

by Anonymousreply 193November 22, 2021 8:43 PM

Foolish R183 thinks theft is a servant to Capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 194November 22, 2021 8:55 PM

This is $0 Retail.

by Anonymousreply 195November 22, 2021 9:29 PM

eBay and Amazon need to ban selling of NEW luxury goods. Where would these new luxury goods cum from if not stolen? Only allow used luxury goods to be sold since there’s a chance those are people selling their own stuff and not stolen stuff.

by Anonymousreply 196November 22, 2021 9:32 PM

there are other places where they sell, like mercari, posh, some other apps.

by Anonymousreply 197November 22, 2021 9:48 PM

They all need to ban new sales and only allow used.

by Anonymousreply 198November 22, 2021 9:52 PM

If they didn't already know how to sell, they wouldn't loot this specific store. This looting is premeditated, not some spontaneous event.

by Anonymousreply 199November 22, 2021 9:53 PM

No one said they didn’t know how to sell. We’re saying the places they sell at need to change the rules.

by Anonymousreply 200November 22, 2021 9:56 PM

They could always consign them with The RealReal.

Oh, wait…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201November 22, 2021 10:36 PM

There's a comical side to thugs stealing pricey handbags.

by Anonymousreply 202November 22, 2021 11:08 PM

Do real LV goods have a serial number? If so, LV might be able to pressure ebay to crack down on sales.

by Anonymousreply 203November 22, 2021 11:17 PM

R203, one of the problems is that individual consumers are willing to overspend on designer purses because they believe that they can always sell them on the secondary market. Not only might it be legally impossible to stop people from reselling LV goods on eBay, but such an effort might hurt LV itself.

by Anonymousreply 204November 22, 2021 11:28 PM

A few years ago, I tried to sell a Kate Spade wallet a wealthy relative had given me that wasn't my style. It was brand new in its original box with nothing touched. I listed it on eBay as authentic Kate Spade and they immediately delisted it with a scolding boilerplate note that they don't allow counterfeit items, and I would have to prove the item was authentic. How the hell was I supposed to do that?

But I guess they must waive the rules for "power sellers."

Because let's be honest, eBay and Poshmark and all the rest are getting their cut of this business. All they have to do is look the other way and they get their listing fees and commission. They have zero incentive to stop this. Ditto Amazon with the crime rings stealing detergent and razors etc from drugstores. They get their cut too. Don't expect any of these resellers to root out crime when they're profiting from it.

by Anonymousreply 205November 22, 2021 11:50 PM

Reputable resellers upload serial numbers, photos, and the location of their inventory to LeadsOnline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 22, 2021 11:56 PM

These hoodrats also ruin brands. Goyard is dead to me. Gucci? Forget it. The worst is when they pander to the urban crowd, ruining their design esthetic. LIke these people PAY for the brands they are wearing.

It takes two fingers to take a wallet out - but five to steal the duffel.

by Anonymousreply 207November 23, 2021 3:50 AM

OH NO! I am fresh out of over priced PVC faux leather textured bag! What am I going to do!!! I mean the piping on those was real leather! That's why I pay top dollar for a PVC bag.

by Anonymousreply 208November 23, 2021 4:41 AM

Have their names and pictures been published yet?

by Anonymousreply 209November 24, 2021 5:47 PM

Only the names, but a quick search turns up a bunch of old mugshots….and two CreateSpace books.

by Anonymousreply 210November 24, 2021 6:00 PM

What do they look like?

by Anonymousreply 211November 24, 2021 7:17 PM

It's easy to have a "fuck LV they can afford it" attitude but the problem is that this has a knock-on effect on future town planning and the placement of retail outlets. Without big name shops to create destination areas, all the accompanying small businesses that share the foot traffic suffer as well and are likely to become targets of crime as the overall number of stores lessen.

by Anonymousreply 212November 24, 2021 7:25 PM

In Indonesia and Singapore the punishment for robberies like this is execution. And guess what? They have 0% of this sort of robberies. It’s a good deterrent.

by Anonymousreply 213November 24, 2021 7:31 PM

This does not warrant execution but now and in the past I've endorsed Singapore caning.

by Anonymousreply 214November 24, 2021 7:34 PM

Make them sit thru the entire movie….Swept Away staring Madonna.

OK, maybe that’s cruel and unusual punishment.

by Anonymousreply 215November 24, 2021 7:36 PM

R212 luxury businesses aren’t useful for most city residents and don’t improve the value of urban space so if there are fewer LV stores then good. Will allow a more appropriate use of commercial space, which can only be a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 216November 24, 2021 8:54 PM

And to think LV and all the other luxury stores wanted to set up shop in the Tenderloin back in the day! The Tenderloin residents revolted and said they didn’t want gentrification so the shops had to settle for Union Square.

by Anonymousreply 217November 24, 2021 8:57 PM

San Francisco progressives demand you stop calling the thieves "looters."

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bay Area police departments have called what happened at various retail stores this weekend "looting."

We saw similar crimes happen in the wake of the George Floyd protests, but are the past weekend's crimes truly considered looting?

Race and Social Justice Reporter Julian Glover is here to give us some context of looting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218November 24, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]the problem is that this has a knock-on effect on future town planning and the placement of retail outlets. Without big name shops to create destination areas, all the accompanying small businesses that share the foot traffic suffer

There's a difference between an Anchor in a retail mall and a LV luxury shot in Flyoverstan. Most people are not running to the local shopping area for LV PVC bags. They bring no benefit at all except expanding their own brand recognition. The average Joe goes to the mall because there might be a Macy's or Target. People with real money who buy a lot of luxury goods usually go to wealthy section of town, usually on one block with all the labels full of that overpriced junk. Like LV Gucci, Prada etc. They want to feel special, not like every day Fraus at the mall.

by Anonymousreply 219November 25, 2021 7:09 AM

they robbed a LA Nordstrom store. 25k of handbags stolen.

by Anonymousreply 220November 25, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote]they robbed a LA Nordstrom store. 25k of handbags stolen.

So, 3 handbags?

by Anonymousreply 221November 30, 2021 1:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 30, 2021 10:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!