Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just got back from a week in Walt Disney World...

ask me anything.

by Anonymousreply 197November 30, 2021 4:28 AM

Did you go to Cars Land?

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2021 2:08 AM

Why would you think we believe you?

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2021 2:09 AM

Why would you think we care?

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2021 2:09 AM

Are you insane?

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2021 2:11 AM

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2021 2:11 AM

Were you sexually assaulted by Goofy?

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2021 2:12 AM

You're a childish adult?

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2021 2:13 AM

You're a childish Gambino?

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2021 2:13 AM

Hope you scored some hot DILF cock.

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2021 2:14 AM

The only adults interested in Disney are pedophiles and molestees. Which one are you OP?

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2021 2:14 AM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2021 2:15 AM

r1 Cars Land is only in DLR. Was it crowded OP? DId you you lightning lane or pay for RISE or MM Railway?

by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2021 2:15 AM

How much did it cost? And where are you from?

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2021 2:16 AM

LOL! r10 Wins!

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2021 2:16 AM

I hope you got to give Mickey a bj at least.

by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2021 2:16 AM

r10 do you think OP is Greg?

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2021 2:17 AM

[quote] Cars Land is only in DLR.

[quote] Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure...one of the best places to be...when the sun starts to set and those neon lights in Radiator Springs kick on 🤩 Ask a cast member when the neon lighting “ceremony” is and don’t miss it!! 🏎🏎🏎✨✨

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2021 2:19 AM

When were you diagnosed with Infantilism?

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] The only adults interested in Disney are pedophiles and molestees.

I'm going to Disney World!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2021 2:20 AM

Have you always had no taste?

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2021 2:21 AM

Did you bump into Gio and Tommy?

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2021 2:25 AM

Are you dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2021 2:40 AM

What 17?

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2021 2:47 AM

Enjoy your ventilator.

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2021 2:49 AM

Okay well, on the drive down I read on DATALOUNGE that the covid rate in Florida had dipped dramatically. I could have had some DILF dick from my husband but I was too exhausted and then he got sick. My husband and I are tripple vaxxed and my teen kids are both double vaxxed, so I don't know if it's covid or not.

It was PACKED. My dilf husband made a good point. They keep building more and more hotels, but not so many more parks and stuff. Packed. We have the Disney Vacation Club so we get a pretty nice room. We only went into the parks three days, so bought each of the four of us three one day tickets. Husband said they were like $130 to $140 each.

We were dumb and didn't understand the lighting lane, but then I talked to a helper guy in the park and he was able to add it to our Magic Bands and we got to go on Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise, and the kids also got to go on Big Thunder Mountain.

Did I mention that it was packed? I don't know that we're exactly child-like, but we like the perfected reality of WDW. Cute and pretty and clean (ish).

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2021 3:25 AM

R13, we are from New Jersey. We voted by mail before we left.

by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2021 3:27 AM

Feed your head, OP.

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2021 3:57 AM

OP, you're a straight woman, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2021 4:03 AM

I grew up in Orange, California, just a few miles away from Disneyland which is in Anaheim. We went there many times in my childhood. Disneyland was kind of my "home town" in a way. I don't go there any more; the last time was when I took my Mom there in 2009 for her 91st birthday. I was disappointed in the changes they have made to the place. It didn't feel like the same place. But my Mom had a good time and definitely enjoyed all the live entertainment. I don't feel any need to go there any more even with all the new stuff that's been built. Hoqever I still enjoy seeing the photos of the old Disneyland (pre-Eisner era) posted in a few photo sharing groups and discussions about the old days of Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2021 4:17 AM

[quote]The only adults interested in Disney are pedophiles and molestees.

What if we're both?

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2021 4:19 AM

At least she didn't refer to them as "Hubby and my kiddos," R29.

by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2021 5:30 AM

Which Haunted Mansion is better, Anaheim or Orlando? I haven’t been to the latter, but prefer the grounds & architecture of the former.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2021 7:32 AM

Which parks did you visit, OP?

by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2021 2:43 PM

The Haunted Mansions are different between the California and Florida parks, and the ones in other Disney parks around the world are also different. You can watch YouTube videos of each one to see the differences. Note that the one in Anaheim has a "holiday overlay" at this time of year, where it is decorated in the theme of "The Nightmare Before Christmas." After the holidays that is taken down, and the attraction returns to its original state.

The Haunted Mansion façade in Disneyland (the house itself) was completed in 1963, while Walt Disney was alive, but just sat there unused, and park guests would walk past it wondering about it. The attraction finally opened on August 9, 1969, almost 3 years after Walt's death. Most of the attraction is not in the façade house but in a show building hidden behind it.

by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2021 2:54 PM

Was there anything new? A new hotel? Water park? Anything?

by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2021 2:59 PM

Did you go to the American Adventure at Epcot?

by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2021 4:17 PM

Sounds like THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH I WANT TO GO TO !

by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2021 4:35 PM

Did you see Michael and David Kay?

by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2021 4:37 PM

"...but we like the perfected reality of WDW."

The what now? Maybe you mean the chimera?

by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2021 4:41 PM

I have a question.

Were you kicked in the head by a horse or did your mother beat you with a meat tenderizer as a child?

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2021 4:47 PM

Oh, grow up!

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2021 4:48 PM

R41, those aren’t mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2021 4:48 PM

Thanks for answering our questions. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2021 4:52 PM

r41 = Stealth post by Mrs. Patsy Ramsey, formerly of Boulder, CO.

She is always seeking helpful tips and practical suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2021 4:54 PM

Breaking News for clueless fraus: He can't be 'your husband' and a 'DILF' at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2021 5:01 PM

[quote]Were you sexually assaulted by Goofy?

HYUH HYUH HYUH

by Anonymousreply 47November 9, 2021 5:09 PM

Tragic Disney Bears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2021 5:15 PM

What parks did you visit? Where did you stay?

by Anonymousreply 49November 9, 2021 5:25 PM

We are going for two weeks in Dec. We have friends from Europe coming in - all of us are vaccinated. I rented a house on vrbo and will work from home/Disney the second week. We like Disney but do the adulting. Mostly Epcot and Hollywood studios - I loath Animal Kingdon, MK I can do but only if it is not insanely crowded. We are going at a traditional low crowd time the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 50November 9, 2021 5:55 PM

Thank god r50 isn't my bf/husband. The whole thing sounds unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 51November 9, 2021 6:53 PM

One of my pandemic pastimes was reading the whining of disheads on the disboards. You'd think that not being on a "character cruise" was asking them to give up their firstborn.

I don't get it, but there are millions who, apparently, do.

by Anonymousreply 52November 9, 2021 7:02 PM

Can someone please translate r52?

by Anonymousreply 53November 9, 2021 7:09 PM

r53:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 9, 2021 7:13 PM

Yes, I am a straight woman. I'm sorry I didn't get to more questions earlier, I don't pay for access to Datalounge (yes, I feel semi guilty about that).

We stayed at Saratoga Springs which is boring but nice. That is a Disney Vacation Club property. It's not theme-y enough but it is nice. It is our "home" resort so often it's the only one we can get. We did get a one-bedroom so technically we could have had sex, but as I said earlier, I was totally exhausted. Husband only put the moves on me once and not with much intensity. One bedroom has a bedroom with a nice king size bed, a complicated bathroom area (lots of doors and a deep tub, separate shower, (each of those comes with a sink) and then a toilet in a room off of the shower room. Kitchen has full size refrigerator and dishwasher and stove and all. Washer and dryer in room. Living room has pull down full or queen bed and then a pull down small bed (smaller than a twin).

We went to Hollywood Studios Monday. Full of Star Wars fanatics. I like Star Wars but am not obsessed. I actually didn't know where the blue milk came from until yesterday, I thought it was just a whatever thing. Yesterday I was watching a marathon and saw where Luke milks that walrus-y creature and then drinks it. The imersiveness of the Star Wars land was cool, but probably would have been more fun with a more Star Wars obsessed group.

by Anonymousreply 55November 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Does "It's A Small World" still smell like a moldy basement?

by Anonymousreply 56November 9, 2021 7:21 PM

Cultists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 9, 2021 7:27 PM

R55 Sounds like "unhappiest place on earth"

by Anonymousreply 58November 9, 2021 7:29 PM

~more~ We got the one bedroom because we had points to burn that we didn't use last year. Otherwise that is too many points.

On Tuesday we went to Epcot. We were in the virtual que (?) so we got to go on the Ratatouille ride. That was pretty cool. I would like to do that one again. Test Track was down (that may be the only one we really wanted to go on that we couldn't).

Nothing planned Wednesday so we went to outlets but nothing good. Usually at the Disney outlets (there are two that actually have old stuff from WDW) and the Victoria's Secret Outlet we can buy stuff cheap and then resell it on Ebay to make some of our money back. None of the outlets had anything cheap that would be worth it.

I forgot to say that most of the time the weather was really nice. Not too hot but not cold. No sweatshirt needed until maybe nighttime.

Thursday was Magic Kingdom and it was packed. Unbelievable. My husband has read not to go to MK on Mondays because most people get there on Sunday and then MK is their first stop. Probably true. Some Christmas stuff was up by then. Big tree. Jungle Cruise was decorated. We didn't go to the American Experience in Epcot but we did go to the Hall of Presidents in MK. Yes, crazy Trumpers cheered Trump and booed Biden. It was unbelievable.

I am a formerly small person who has gained some weight, but I am not big in the scheme of things. Like, I easily fit in a bus seat. We took the Disney buses around most places and it was interesting how many people could not really fit into one seat.

by Anonymousreply 59November 9, 2021 7:30 PM

I miss the days of yore when the World Trade Center was an insatiable bottom. We're actually being regaled by tales from a Disney Vacation Club. I miss posts like "Space Mountain on Molly" and such. "We do the adulting" she said. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 60November 9, 2021 8:01 PM

Did you see the naked band?

by Anonymousreply 61November 9, 2021 8:10 PM

Did you run into Cousin Greg?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 9, 2021 9:46 PM

I don't see the need for snark here. So OP loves the world of Disney, and her teens do as well. They obviously ride the short bus, and there is no need for a college fund. Might as well spend big now!

by Anonymousreply 63November 9, 2021 10:46 PM

Why would anyone over 10 years old want to go there?

by Anonymousreply 64November 9, 2021 11:41 PM

"I am not big in the scheme of things."

Madam, I believe you..

by Anonymousreply 65November 9, 2021 11:48 PM

"Nothing planned Wednesday so we went to outlets but nothing good. Usually at the Disney outlets (there are two that actually have old stuff from WDW) and the Victoria's Secret Outlet we can buy stuff cheap and then resell it on Ebay to make some of our money back."

I don't know about the rest of you but suddenly I'm feeling much better about my life.

by Anonymousreply 66November 10, 2021 12:15 AM

Walt Disney designed Disneyland to have things to appeal to all ages. My Mom saw Duke Ellington and Count Basie perform in the Plaza Gardens in Disneyland. 40 years later I took her to Disneyland for her birthday and she enjoyed the live entertainment then.

by Anonymousreply 67November 10, 2021 12:22 AM

Did you see Jen?

by Anonymousreply 68November 10, 2021 12:23 AM

Why is this frau starting threads on DL? Christ, this place has gone to shit.

by Anonymousreply 69November 10, 2021 1:11 AM

Just be thankful she didn't get back from a week in Walt Disney.

by Anonymousreply 70November 10, 2021 1:17 AM

I am not the same person as R50.

About It's a Small World...I wouldn't say it smells like a moldy basement, but it has a bit of a chlorine smell. I ruined it for my son years ago when I said that I thought at the end the kids were all supposed to be in Paradise (maybe I said Heaven). So now he can't get the idea of a bunch of dead kids out of his mind.

~~~~~

It rained heavily on Friday. Again no plans. We went to one of the few remaining Ponderosa restaurants.

The only thing really going on was that it's now the WDW 50th anniversary and there is merchandise that people are buying up like crazy. I noticed that there wasn't as much Sassy Tinkerbelle stuff (I actually didn't see any). Remember maybe ten or fifteen years ago when there were Sassy Tinkerbelle tee shirts everywhere? Thankfully that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

When I was thinner I would walk around mentally playing "thinner or fatter" in my head. Like, "am I thinner or fatter than that person?" That's not quite as much fun anymore.

There are metal detectors you have to go through when entering Disney Springs (which was formerly known as Downtown Disney). That was both comforting and distressing. My hip replacements did NOT set them off. I did set off the metal detectors going into the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in August, but that's one of the only places that has happened. They're really protecting the Hope Diamond.

by Anonymousreply 71November 10, 2021 2:11 AM

The staff was (rightfully) very strict about wearing masks inside buses and any building or building-like structures.

Why is a frau starting threads? Why are you reading a thread started by a frau? (Although I don't consider myself a frau. I'm not a good enough mother, as some of you pointed out.)

A few years back we were in WDW and my hip was really hurting badly. I was in severe pain. (This is after having both hips replaced.) We were in line to get back on a bus to go back to our hotel, but they let someone on a scooter and that person's entire entourage of huge people get on first. I ended up having to stand (we were standing near the driver). I went off on the entire bus and asked them why fat people get priority over someone who is actually in pain, and had real health problems. It didn't go well, the fatties didn't like that lecture. My husband was mad at me because he has a job as a public official and said he would be fired if he had to get into a fist fight defending me. He pushed me kind of behind him (towards the driver). So this time I knew it would be a problem and got a prescription for some Tramadol at the local urgent care before we went. I did have some pain but the Tramadol certainly helped.

My husband was feeling crappy this year and I know that always makes people angrier. He admitted to me that I had been totally correct, and grumbled under his breath when the scooter people and their people got on the buses first. But we got seats on the buses this year, we were lucky in our timing. I also lectured my almost sixteen year old son about the order in which people (who are not obviously handicapped) should be given seats on a bus. Meaning, a sixteen year old boy should give his set to almost anyone else, especially an older person. He ignored me. Is this passe? (I mean a guy giving up his seat for an older person or a child.) My son says it's first come, first serve.

by Anonymousreply 72November 10, 2021 2:25 AM

R70, I don't understand. I am simple, as you guys stated earlier. Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 73November 10, 2021 2:27 AM

This is a clearly a troll post.

by Anonymousreply 74November 10, 2021 2:34 AM

R74, what makes you think this is a troll post? They do have trolls on the Frozen ride in Epcot.

by Anonymousreply 75November 10, 2021 2:36 AM

r50 here. I am not a Disney person really but my husband is and I enable him. It makes him happy and I learned a long time ago happy spouse, happy life. Do I want to ride Haunted Mansion three times? No. But I have learned to like some things. Beers around the world. The German place. Authentic Sushi in Japan. The food is really good in Epcot. I don't mind Hollywood studios either. We are not get up at 6 am all day park people. We usually go out for a late breakfast or get Starbucks. Hang out at the rental house Swim, or layout. We usually go shopping (Mall at Melinniea is really nice, great shopping). We usually hit the parks early afternoon or so. When our friends from Europe come, I can go golfing and the other two go to parks.

by Anonymousreply 76November 10, 2021 2:38 AM

It's because of OP that I am a long term holder of Disney stock. The place is horribly overpriced but yay for the shareholders!

by Anonymousreply 77November 10, 2021 2:40 AM

R76, you shouldn't have to defend yourself, but I understand you feeling you want to. Some people like Disney Parks and some hate them. It's weird because you really can't tell who is who by looking at them. (By the way, my husband claims he can look at people and know if they are vaxxed or not.) Some are liberals, some are Trumpers. Most people there are some kind of middle class. My husband and I just like to do things on vacation, rather than sitting on a beach. As I said, we like the perfected reality of it. I think a lot of people like it. I wouldn't say it's a chimera (isn't that more like an illusion?). It's more like a type of design. I had a hectic childhood and I guess I'm longing for something. Yes, my mother and my sister look down on WDW, but they are both very angry people. Yes, they think it's trashy. Some of you think I have very bad taste for liking Disney, but I actually have very good taste. I sell tableware on Ebay. I know I have a lot of the pieces mentioned on the Table Top thread in my basement. Things you guys would love to have.

by Anonymousreply 78November 10, 2021 2:50 AM

My impression has always been that Disney attracts the worst type of low-born red-state gutter trash and Peter Pan gay bears. I can proudly say that I don't fit into either category. I can also assert with pride that I have never gone there and nor will I ever go there.

by Anonymousreply 79November 10, 2021 2:56 AM

Am I the only one wishing that OP had gone to Astroworld instead?

by Anonymousreply 80November 10, 2021 2:58 AM

Or to the rock museum ?

by Anonymousreply 81November 10, 2021 3:08 AM

Is it a small world after all?

by Anonymousreply 82November 10, 2021 3:19 AM

Miniscule, darling.

by Anonymousreply 83November 10, 2021 3:29 AM

Do you have the "Florida Disease?"

by Anonymousreply 84November 10, 2021 3:56 AM

R84, I'm not sure. I guess we would deserve it for going there. Husband and son are coughing like crazy when not medicated. Daughter and I have little coughs here and there. I'm also the immunocompromised poster, and am triple vaxxed.

by Anonymousreply 85November 10, 2021 4:01 AM

R79, some are certainly trashy (gals with thigh tatoos) but probably not gutter trash. It's too expensive for them. I'm sure there are a lot of Peter Pan types (not just gays, and I probably have those tendencies), but there are really all kinds of types. There are some families that really want to do something that their children will love (and most kids really do love it there). It shouldn't be instead of going to museums or historic sites, those should also happen in decent families.

I mean yes, there are people I wouldn't want to hang out with there, but I bet there are some really cool people there too.

by Anonymousreply 86November 10, 2021 4:08 AM

This thread is MOST boring, unfortunately.

I liked Disneyland back in the 70's . Now, like she said, it's shoulder-to-shoulder packed so no point in even thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 87November 10, 2021 4:25 AM

I hate theme parks and none more than all things Disney.

by Anonymousreply 88November 10, 2021 4:30 AM

Is Goofy still pulling tricks behind The Haunted Mansion?

by Anonymousreply 89November 10, 2021 4:35 AM

R87, ask some more interesting questions or post about the stuff you used to like at Disney. Liven it up!

by Anonymousreply 90November 10, 2021 4:37 AM

I hate Disney parks. Yuck. So nauseatingly fake, spotless, boring. I like a little city grit and realness.

by Anonymousreply 91November 10, 2021 4:39 AM

R89, I didn't notice anything like that, but it was starting to get dark by then so he could have been hiding in the shadows.

by Anonymousreply 92November 10, 2021 4:39 AM

Is it a good idea to pre-load on PrEP before I go there?

by Anonymousreply 93November 10, 2021 4:47 AM

[quote] Is it a good idea to pre-load on PrEP before I go there?

It depends on the ride you seek.

by Anonymousreply 94November 10, 2021 4:50 AM

Did you excessively vlog about it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 10, 2021 5:06 AM

I will not set foot in Disney Land unless a guest of a Club 66 member. This whole trip sounds absolutely dreadful. At least you have teens as excuse, but wouldn't a trip to Europe have been more fun for all? Ick, especially being in Orlando, Fl.

by Anonymousreply 96November 10, 2021 6:11 AM

What’s “Club 66”, precious? What’s “Club 66”?

by Anonymousreply 97November 10, 2021 6:17 AM

The last place on Earth that teens want to be is at a Disney park with their parents.

But yeah, this is a troll thread. I suspected all along, but the hip replacements made it glaringly obvious. Buying stuff at the outlets to sell on eBay was a nice touch, however.

by Anonymousreply 98November 10, 2021 6:24 AM

I like OP even if she is a fake, though I think she's not. She sounds like a hoot.

Though, you need to smack the 16 year old around for saying it's "first come, first served" when it comes to seating....you give up your seat to the old, the crippled, the obviously struggling, and the obviously pregnant.

And, what's with the Disney grumps? I'm NOT a Disney person (very much a Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes person, thank you very much) but half the homos on my FB wall are dedicated Disney fanatics.

by Anonymousreply 99November 10, 2021 7:13 AM

R76 sounds like a fantastic guy. Your husband is lucky to have found you, and you him.

by Anonymousreply 100November 10, 2021 10:59 AM

[quote] but wouldn't a trip to Europe have been more fun for all?

Haven’t you ever even seen National Lampoon’s European Vacation?! It was the absolute worst of the bunch!

by Anonymousreply 101November 10, 2021 11:00 AM

I am afraid to fly, so we don't go to Europe. Otherwise yes, that would be great. I've been to Paris and London when I was younger and I do want my husband and kids to see Europe. I don't know if we'll ever take a long trip again. One of our cats tried to commit suicide at my mother in law's apartment. He went under the couch and from her reports, he may have eaten his wet food once. The other cat adjusted in a couple of days. They've both been drinking water like crazy since we brought them home.

There is a secret Disney club for the very rich. I think that is what R96 is referring to. My husband took a picture of a door marked 33 in the area of Adventure Land. It was not a staff thing because there was a sign that masks must be worn inside.

by Anonymousreply 102November 10, 2021 3:17 PM

We have been overprotective of our children, in hindsight. We let them go around together a little bit without us in Disney. They do like it there, maybe in spite of being with their parents. I will continue to lecture my son about being polite to others and giving up his seat to those in need (I'm glad you agree with me R99).

Why does mentioning my hip replacements signify this as a troll thread?

by Anonymousreply 103November 10, 2021 3:24 PM

DID GOOFY RAPE YOU TOO?

BLESS, BILL TAYLOR

by Anonymousreply 104November 10, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote]One of our cats tried to commit suicide at my mother in law's apartment.

Such drama!

[quote]I am afraid to fly

Sort of childish; there's help for you with that ....

by Anonymousreply 105November 10, 2021 5:04 PM

I feel like the OP's posts are some kind of Frankenstein thing cobbled together from bits and pieces of Golden Girls episodes. Florida! Epcot! Hip replacement! Fear of flying.

by Anonymousreply 106November 10, 2021 7:19 PM

Do you give him blowjobs, is that why he took you?

by Anonymousreply 107November 10, 2021 8:24 PM

R107, who are you asking? Me?

R105, how would you help me get over my fear of flying? That would clearly be life changing.

by Anonymousreply 108November 10, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote]I will not set foot in Disney Land unless a guest of a Club 66 member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 11, 2021 1:27 AM

You should have killed yourself as soon as you realized there was going to be a day two.

by Anonymousreply 110November 11, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote] I like OP even if she is a fake, though I think she's not. She sounds like a hoot.

Agree - the post seemed so earnest that I was trying to polite say how awful the trip sounded and I am never like that. Well, real or not, you sound like a nice, sincere person or you draw yourself that way. BTW, you are correct, it's Club 33 not Club 66. I was stoned when I was typing, which is also another requirement for anything Disney. Well, one person's trash is another's treasure. It sounds like you all had a good time and we all need more good times in life!

by Anonymousreply 111November 11, 2021 1:35 AM

NO "woman" posts a "ask me anything" thread. NOT ONE!

It's a guy thing.

DUH, OP!

by Anonymousreply 112November 11, 2021 2:20 AM

So, what is Club 33?

by Anonymousreply 113November 11, 2021 2:34 AM

r113 it is a private club in Disneyland. Membership is something like 10K a year and has a like a 20 year wait list to get in. It is the only place in DL you can get alcohol, or used to be, that might have changed. It was Walt's private club. It has listening devices at the tables so Walt could eaves drop on converstations. It is only marked by a door near the blue bayou restaurant with a 33 on it and a buzzer. That 10K just gets you in, you still have to pay for food and drink and it is expensive. You can go as a guest of a member. They are opening more clubs like this at Disney world.

by Anonymousreply 114November 11, 2021 2:40 AM

The 10K is the yearly dues payment. It costs 25-50K for the initial membership.

by Anonymousreply 115November 11, 2021 2:44 AM

Isn't it Club 69?

by Anonymousreply 116November 11, 2021 2:45 AM

In addition to the original Disneyland Club 33, all 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World now have a Club 33 lounge. Membership for WDW is approx. $33,000 and annual dues are $15,000 and does not include access to Disneyland's. I think Disneyland's initial fee is now $40K or above.

Tokyo and Shanghai Disneylands also have Club 33s.

by Anonymousreply 117November 11, 2021 3:39 AM

R96 I think you mean Club 33. Bad at math much?

by Anonymousreply 118November 11, 2021 5:04 AM

Did you see Cruella?

by Anonymousreply 119November 11, 2021 5:15 AM

Was it crowded there OP?

I've been there twice, but never in november.

by Anonymousreply 120November 11, 2021 5:34 AM

R119, I have not seen Cruella (the movie). We didn't go into a park on Sunday the 31st but we walked around The Springs (aka Downtown Disney) a little bit, and there were a few people in (not great) Cruella costumes.

R120, it was extremely crowded. My husband's friend (lives in Tampa) said that Disney is making plans to build another park, but I don't know if this guy really has any special info. Maybe it was on the news in Florida. We like to speculate about what the next park would be. At first when we were in Hollywood Studios it seemed like an entire Star Wars land would be the way to go, since people are crazy for Star Wars. But then after going to Magic Kingdom, it's clear that they need to expand on that somehow.

One time we were in Cinderella's Castle waiting to go upstairs and eat. There's a holding area that gets pretty crowded. (Waiting for expensive meal upstairs where princesses come around to your table to talk to you.) I don't know exactly what happened but I guess one person insulted another person's kid, then two guys were standing really close to each other and one shoved the other. The shoved guy luckily held it together and didn't shove back, or it would have been a total melay (how do you spell?). My husband shoved us into a corner behind him. A Disney cop showed up but it was a small gal. I don't think she would have been able to handle it if things had gotten out of control.

My husband also knew a guy from work who went to the meal there (Cinderella Castle) with his girlfriend. He was being funny and trying to hit on the princesses (like, "what are you doing later?") but said they would NOT break character.

by Anonymousreply 121November 11, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote]He was being funny and trying to hit on the princesses (like, "what are you doing later?") but said they would NOT break character.

Hitting on people when they're working. Your husband's friend is the very embodiment of trash.

by Anonymousreply 122November 11, 2021 8:23 PM

R122, I'm sorry I piss you off so much. Maybe you should move on to another thread.

by Anonymousreply 123November 11, 2021 8:30 PM

R107, I don't think that is why my husband planned this trip, but yeah, it probably has something to do with why he married me.

R41, I used to work with a woman who was married to a guy who was dropped by a mall Santa as an infant or small child. Apparently he had gotten some kind of cash settlement. I asked her a few times if it had an effect on his day to day life (was there lasting damage?) and she didn't say no. I think they were married when they were fairly young. They divorced and now she's married to a different guy. An alternative type, with long sideburns and all.

R95, I do not have a vlog. Like most of you, I spend much too much of my time on Datalounge and don't get much else done. Maybe I should have live-posted on DL while on trip though. Sorry.~~~~~My family did leave me on a couch in the Grand Floridian after our day in the Magic Kingdom. They were going over to the Polynesian. When they came back one of my kids asked what I was so engrossed in reading on my phone that I hadn't noticed them. I said I was reading Datalounge and that it was now confirmed that Kirk Douglass WAS Natalie Wood's rapist.

by Anonymousreply 124November 11, 2021 8:59 PM

OP to her husband:

“Dinner will be late. I’m talking to my gays.”

by Anonymousreply 125November 11, 2021 10:13 PM

Leave OP alone. It's not her fault she has no taste.

OP, carry on with your little stories. I like them. You bring some wholesomeness to DL. Tell us more about the husbear. How big is he?

by Anonymousreply 126November 12, 2021 2:29 AM

R125, I actually did WW your post. I don't want that to be me, but maybe it is me.

R126, I give up. You guys win. I will slink off in silence for a while...but not forever.

by Anonymousreply 127November 12, 2021 2:47 AM

When covid gets in check, they should do a Disney underground tour. Where guests are treated to the reality of staffer life. Smoke some reefer with Cinderella and hear all the juicy guest stories. Near the end of the tour you get to binge on all the day old food.

by Anonymousreply 128November 12, 2021 3:08 AM

Omg! It's a Small World flooding after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 12, 2021 4:38 AM

Op just one word...why?

by Anonymousreply 130November 12, 2021 4:46 AM

OP, how big is his cock?????

by Anonymousreply 131November 12, 2021 5:21 AM

Can you please go back?

Forever?

by Anonymousreply 132November 12, 2021 5:24 AM

OP, come back! This is an honor. Nobody begs anybody to come back on DL.

Were there any matching outfits involved on the trip?

by Anonymousreply 133November 12, 2021 5:27 AM

I'm sorry OP. I wouldn't go anywhere near Florida for quite some time. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't absolutely love EPCOT, and particularly World Showcase. While it definitely ISN'T like being in England and France (the two I've actually visited), once I get drunk enough I'm able to suspend my disbelief, and I have a blast. I also especially loved Japan, & Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 134November 12, 2021 5:31 AM

Good to know OP, Although Magic Kingdom is so overwhelming that is hard to imagine it being expanded; Hollywood Studios could use some extra-space though.

Last time I was there in may/june of 2018 the parks weren't crowded at all, but I had the feeling that they would be in less than three weeks, how was the weather?

by Anonymousreply 135November 12, 2021 5:47 AM

I am a relatively short drive to Yosemite. Parents I know in my neighborhood take the family to Disneyland a couple of times a year. Yet, they have never taken the family to Yosemite. Sad. Oh, and they love the section called California Experience. I keep suggesting they try actually experiencing California.

by Anonymousreply 136November 12, 2021 5:37 PM

There is no "section" called California Experience. If you are tryng to make a point, at least get your facts correct.

California Avdenture theme park was originally a park in California themed to California (horrible idea), but now it is pretty much all about Disney's intellectual properties, mostly Pixar and Marvel.

After a terrible initial 10 years, it has become a really nice park. But anyone who is near Yosemite and hasn't ever visited is a trashy moron, if they have the means to travel.

by Anonymousreply 137November 12, 2021 6:05 PM

WOW! Somebody just "actually"ed California Adventure!

by Anonymousreply 138November 12, 2021 6:12 PM

if i won a free trip to disney world, it would be a hard pass. Even if they flew me on private, I think i would pass on it. What is the draw? The only reason I see if you are taking children there.

by Anonymousreply 139November 12, 2021 6:14 PM

I went when I was seven years old and absolutely loved it.

Unless I was taking children that age, I would never return.

The OP seems to enjoy it as a family activity so more power to her, but there is nothing there that appeals to the adult me.

by Anonymousreply 140November 12, 2021 6:19 PM

I can't stay away. You lured me back.

R139, I think WDW has become a sort of celebration of our inner id. You can get almost anything you want there. There are bright colors and fantasy and tons of things to eat and drink. Rides, people, nice hotels, TONS of stuff to buy. I'm not making a judgement on whether or not that is good or bad. Maybe it's bad because people don't show much restraint there (I am basically a Protestant and I do believe in restraint), or maybe it's good to get it all out at once and then go back to one's normal life.

I think at the more expensive hotels you do see fewer really obese people.

R134, I love Epcot too (the World Showcase). Now that I'm thinking, I can't remember if the Middle Eastern part was still there. I remember Japan, China I guess...then over to Norway and Mexico (we walked the opposite way. We usually start with Mexico but we mixed it up this time). Maybe my tramadol was really kicking in then.

R120/R135, the weather was beautiful. High 70's to around 80. Really nice for walking around. It poured on Friday but we were wrapping up the trip by then. I'm glad it wasn't crowded when you went. I don't really expect to see it not crowed ever again.

R133, there were no matching shirts involved, but I saw a lot of them. Like, tons of groups with matching shirts. Probably about 50/50 black groups vs. non-black (white and maybe latino) in matching shirts. They all have that Disney font. A lot of people where in full Disney garb. I want to do that, but I just can't get into it. I tried to encourage my family to all buy outfits so we could really go for it next time though. My husband (and I'm not going to answer questions about his body) just won't buy any shirts because he knows he won't wear them. I saw some fairly subtle guy shirts but he just won't do it. My son got a Ratatouille shirt and a Disney shirt at the M&M store, my daughter got a sporty looking WDW hoodie, and I got two tee shirts. Cute Saratoga Springs horsey themed shirt which is too tight and a soft pink one with the Cinderella Castle with a subtle 50 on it (for the 50th anniversary). I'm afraid the Minnie Mouse ears would give me a headache (and you can't really wear them anywhere else).

by Anonymousreply 141November 12, 2021 9:07 PM

tl:dr R141

by Anonymousreply 142November 12, 2021 9:49 PM

r140. It is not just for kids. MK probably but Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood studios have some very adult fun In Mexico, inside the building is a tequila tasting bar and excellent restaurant. There is the beer around the world tour. Some really great restaurants all over Epcot. Some good thrill rides, Test track, and Misson Space. Plus there is more to do than just the parks. You can golf go on a deep-sea fishing trip on either coast, I mean it is Florida. It is not just Disney.

by Anonymousreply 143November 12, 2021 11:26 PM

But..but...doesn't the shoulder-to-shoulder crowding nullufy all those fun things y'all talk about? I just can't anymore.

But yes, we do have to get to Yosemite.

by Anonymousreply 144November 13, 2021 6:32 AM

*nullify* oh dear me

by Anonymousreply 145November 13, 2021 6:35 AM

[quote] But yes, we do have to get to Yosemite.

If you go to Yosemite, there is this fabulous place where you go glamping in airstreams. They have Molin & Getz products and a pool.

Op, this is for you in case you want to commune with nature. The kids can have a tent and the husbear can give you a cream pie after a day of hiking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 13, 2021 6:54 AM

R72. You guys sound very classy.

Do you travel other than Disney?I've never understood the appeal of going somewhere to see fake versions of actual places. A jungle cruise? Go on a actual safari. Fake Eiffel tower? You could have just went to Paris.

by Anonymousreply 147November 13, 2021 7:00 AM

R146 Love this idea! Maybe Yosemite soon, first- timer.

by Anonymousreply 148November 13, 2021 7:03 AM

R141- Why did you split the shirt groups into race?

by Anonymousreply 149November 13, 2021 7:27 AM

I agree with R143, it's not just for children, it's a lifestyle!

People of all ages love there.

by Anonymousreply 150November 13, 2021 8:25 AM

Kane! Se perderai di nuovo le sessioni di allenamento, per socializzare con i burattini e gli americani, ti castrerò e poi darò il tuo scroto a Eric Dier (senza ketchup, ovviamente).

Farei meglio a non vedere un'altra foto come questa sui tabloid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 13, 2021 4:08 PM

Disneyland is just a way of vacuuming money out of parents' pockets. Everything is way overpriced. The food is meh! Never would go again.

by Anonymousreply 152November 13, 2021 4:45 PM

A first-time visit to Yosemite should be during the spring, when the famous waterfalls are flowing. April, May or early June, except Memorial Day weekend, which is far too crowded. Later in the year (September is ideal) is better for the high country, such as Tuolumne Meadows part of the park. By then it has generally dried out, far fewer mosquitoes, but the weather is still good. It's possible to visit Yosemite Valley at any time of year, but be prepared for cold as well as stunning beauty in the winter. Since COVID, the park now requires a reservation to visit. And of course all lodging or camping choices, in or out of the park, require reservations, so don't go there without them.

by Anonymousreply 153November 13, 2021 6:50 PM

For decades, alcohol was banned in Disneyland. Only the private Club 33 served it, although Walt was known to have imbibed in Scotch while staying in his private apartment above the Fire Station on Main Street in the park.

When Disney's California Adventure (now called just Disney California Adventure) opened in 2001, alcohol was offered in some locations, I forget exactly where in that park. This was Michael Eisner's decision. I suspect it was so that adult guests had some escape from the boringness of the original version of that park (now derisively referred to as DCA 1.0).

When the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge land opened in Disneyland in 2019, the new Oga's Cantina in that land began serving alcoholic beverages, breaking with a longstanding tradition in Disneyland. This year, the Blue Bayou restaurant (which is built into the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction) began offering alcoholic beverages too.

by Anonymousreply 154November 13, 2021 7:02 PM

Oh OP gurl, if you think the chimera of WDW is anything even close to id, well, there's no helping you.

by Anonymousreply 155November 13, 2021 10:40 PM

R147, we do try to take them to historical and beautiful things too. Just quick one day trips this summer, but a friend took us on a train to D.C. and by car to beautiful Brigantine at the NJ shore. My husband and I took them to NYC but tried to pack too much in. We tried to go to The Museum of Natural History and to the Met, but we didn't really have time. My husband is Mr. Culture, but he was amazed by the Met. So many familiar works of art. He totally wants to go back.

Other years we've gone to Niagara Falls and to see the eclipse of the sun in Nashville. We often meet my brother and his wife at Longwood Gardens in PA for Thanksgiving (they live in Arlington and we live in Central NJ). We've been to Historic Williamsburg (not Busch Gardens!) and the Philadelphia Zoo. Oh yes, and the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia too. I make them go antiquing with me at flea markets sometimes too. We do try to expose them to a lot.

R149, you're right, that was kind of tacky of me. I just noticed it, so I thought I'd comment on it. Black families and groups seem more interested in matching Disney or reunion shirts than other groups. It's just an interesting social phenomenon, but I'm not really making a judgement about it. I thought someone might have some insight into that.

by Anonymousreply 156November 14, 2021 5:35 AM

Sorry, I meant to say "my husband isn't Mr. Culture..." (Do I put a period after the quotation marks at the end?)OP

by Anonymousreply 157November 14, 2021 5:37 AM

Why do you loathe Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom? I loathe the latter b/c of the use of animals for entertainment and making money.

by Anonymousreply 158November 19, 2021 2:50 PM

Why does Disney World have such large parking lots? They're as big as the parks themselves. Jesus what a waste. Couldn't they build parking garages?

by Anonymousreply 159November 19, 2021 2:53 PM

Did you you make it into Space 2200 OP? How were the fireworks compared to pre-pandemic? How did you not know about Lightning Lanes?

by Anonymousreply 160November 19, 2021 4:43 PM

OP, how was Epcot? There's so much construction: was it ok despite that?

by Anonymousreply 161November 19, 2021 5:54 PM

This came out the other day. Pretty cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 19, 2021 6:35 PM

R160, no, what is Space 2200? I don't know how we didn't know about the lightning lines or how they worked. We bought the tickets online so no one explained the lightning lines. I really don't know. We're just not that smart. Somehow we thought it was an extra $15 per ride because my husband had read that on a forum, so we just didn't look into it further, and that was a mistake.

I'm not that into fireworks, they looked the same to me. It really seemed like it was mostly about the 50th anniversary merchandise to me.

R161, there was construction here and there at Epcot but not on the World Showcase side so it wasn't that bad.

by Anonymousreply 163November 19, 2021 6:37 PM

Cute Brayden eats at Space 220.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 19, 2021 6:40 PM

R158, who were you directing this too? I do like Magic Kingdom. I am fine with Animal Kingdom too, I don't think they're really exploiting any animals. We just couldn't afford to go to all of the parks this year, so we didn't go to AK.

by Anonymousreply 165November 19, 2021 6:41 PM

Hahah they are HUGE indeed R159, we need to get into those huge carts/trams to get to the park themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 19, 2021 6:41 PM

Sorry, R165. That was a question for R50 turns out.

Animal Kingdom definitely has problems. Just something maybe to keep in mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 19, 2021 6:43 PM

I go through phases about every 6 months where I get really into Disney parks (reading about them, etc.). I'm just fascinated by their overall functioning and about where new ones might be built.

by Anonymousreply 168November 19, 2021 6:45 PM

It's way too crowded. They need a fifth theme park. Or a new water park.

by Anonymousreply 169November 19, 2021 7:34 PM

R162 incredible how people are still making NSYNC jokes and references in the year 2021. That meme had staying power.

Ain’t that mad at it though. They were the best of the manufactured teenybopper white American boybands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 19, 2021 8:00 PM

Super fans are growing pissed off at Chapek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 20, 2021 2:16 AM

The company is increasingly open about their war with fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 20, 2021 2:17 AM

Pelican's Landing opened!! It's some extra seating for Harbour Galley in Disneyland!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 20, 2021 3:22 AM

New Encanto ears are in Disneyland and I also saw them online!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 20, 2021 3:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 20, 2021 5:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 20, 2021 5:17 AM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 20, 2021 5:18 AM

OP's husband fucked me while she was at the pool with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 178November 20, 2021 6:52 AM

My next theme park trip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179November 21, 2021 1:42 AM

It's official! Fantasmic will be returning to Disney World in 2022!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180November 21, 2021 4:26 AM

Ka-ChoW! ✨⚡️🎄Cars Land, Holiday edition!!! Have you been to Cars Land at the Disneyland Resort? It’s no secret that it’s one of my favorites, it’s so well done!

by Anonymousreply 181November 21, 2021 11:15 PM

'I really don't know. We're just not that smart."

No kidding?

by Anonymousreply 182November 22, 2021 2:49 AM

UK gay couple's trip to WDW. They go everywhere Disney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 22, 2021 2:32 PM

I think they have tons of dough: they're constantly flying first class to different Disney locations around the world. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 22, 2021 2:35 PM

Holy crap:

Walt Disney World (Florida) - December 2019

Disney Cruise - October 2019

Walt Disney World (Florida) - September 2019

Disneyland Paris - August 2019

Disneyland Resort (Anaheim) - May 2019

Shanghai Disneyland - April 2019

Walt Disney World (Florida) - December 2018

Disneyland Paris - November 2018

Disneyland Paris - September 2018

Disneyland Paris - May 2018

Tokyo Disney Resort - May 2018

Walt Disney World (Florida) - May 2018

Disneyland Paris - March 2018

Walt Disney World (Florida) - January 2018

Disneyland Paris - January 2018

Disneyland Paris - Christmas 2017

Disneyland Paris - November 2018

Disney Cruise - October 2017

Walt Disney World (Florida) - September 2017

Disneyland Paris - September 2017

Disneyland Paris - June 2017

Tokyo Disney Resort - May 2017

Disneyland Paris - April 2017

Disneyland Paris - March 2017

Disneyland Paris - January 2017

Walt Disney World (Florida) - Christmas 2016

Disneyland Paris - November 2016

Walt Disney World (Florida) - September/October 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 22, 2021 2:45 PM

Their vlogs stopped 10 months ago. Wonder what happened.

by Anonymousreply 186November 22, 2021 2:48 PM

COVID.

by Anonymousreply 187November 22, 2021 5:32 PM

Today in Anaheim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 22, 2021 7:41 PM

My favorite for a Disney park fix. Beats actually trying to survive the crowds at Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 22, 2021 11:28 PM

Another gay UK couple obsessed. So many British people are fans, it's a shame they don't have a park there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190November 24, 2021 1:39 PM

How could you tolerate it for more than one second?

by Anonymousreply 191November 24, 2021 1:41 PM

I'll wait for Encanto to stream for free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192November 24, 2021 6:06 PM

Surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 30, 2021 3:47 AM

I can't see the appeal to a grown adult without any kids. It seems stressful and expensive. Went as a kid, had fun. But can't see myself doing it now as the financial aspects, long waits, crowdedness and overpriced food would give me headache and anxiety. I don't understand why adults worship the Disney brand. It's just a corporation that takes credit for the hard work of artists and adapts and Americanizes old public domain stories. At least show appreciation to the real talent not the corporate brand that exploits people. Plus there's so much natural beauty that is free to explore and cheaper local amusement parks if you want rollercoasters.

by Anonymousreply 194November 30, 2021 3:55 AM

Horrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 30, 2021 4:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 30, 2021 4:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 30, 2021 4:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!