Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL's odd fangurl clubs

We've got the Julian Morris gang, the David Tyler Muir gang, the (emerging) Jake Tapper gang, and the (bizarrely inexplicable) Brianna Keilar elves.

I'm not sure if this place is frau central or frau at heart central.

What other past or present obscure persona fetishes have I missed? (Not hissed, that's for the worshipping offended.)

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote] What other past or present obscure persona fetishes have I missed?

Prance, pony, prance!

by Anonymousreply 1November 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Not the Jake Tapper Teenage Fan Club

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2021 12:28 PM

Chris Murphy should have one too!

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 2:59 PM

The Krissy Metz club has to go. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 3:15 PM

I’ve been here for twenty years and couldn’t tell you the first thing about any of the people OP mentions.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 3:26 PM

Chris Murphy is unexpectedly hot! Same with Jim Himes. Connecticut's white bread, low salt, landlady beige electeds turn me on like no tomorrow. It would be like having sex with Ralph Lauren's brand essence. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 3:29 PM

David Tyler McMuir's closetation bothers me. How can Amerikkka trust a news reader who is afraid of his own homosexualness?

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 3:35 PM

We know just what you're talking about, r7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 3:40 PM

R6 Not landlady beige? 😂😂😂😂😂

I couldn't agree more though! I was in love with both when they spoke out on Sandy Hook! I had never heard of them before that! I don't know which is hotter. BOTH PLEASE!

Sadly I wasn't really listening to what they were saying because "how" they were saying it was making me moist. I was ready to agree with everything they said.

They are good looking White men, comfortable being White, but also are comfortable with other races and all sexual orientations. They are well spoken and also are smart, good sensible Democrats.

Why can't America produce more White men like these two? It makes me sad that they are now such a deviation from the norm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 3:48 PM

The fraus loved Gale Harold and desperately wanted to believe he'd been carrying on a secret long distance relationship with Randy Harrison, despite the existence of several long term girlfriends. (And long-term boyfriends for Harrison)

And then,one day they all seemed to disappear.

Which is why I suspect that many of the fan frau threads are the work of two or three super obsesses fans, not a whole gaggle of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 3:54 PM

The VdO and Clay Aiken loons were out of control. But lucky for us the old Editor! would red-tag and delete a bitch with the quickness.

Muriel can't even lick the hem of old Editor!'s baggy boxer shorts.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 3:57 PM

While the Luke Evans fraubsession continues to this day, there was a period when I first found DL in say 2016 or 2017 where there were just as many threads about John Kortamacarena - the Spanish model who was his boyfriend for a while.

Like literally 600 post from the same three or four fraus dissecting every IG post.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 3:57 PM

The oddest current obsession is William O'Connor, who is a random travel blogger, but has managed to be the topic of multiple DL threads that have hundreds of posts each.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 3:59 PM

Are the gurls still gaga over David Beckham? [Personally, I never understood it].

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 4:03 PM

OP-- as has been discussed on DL many times, the fraus who post here seem to be "Dissident Fan Gurls" -- their crush has somehow disappointed them, though they remain obsessed with him, and come to DL to say the sort of mean things they could not say on traditional fan sites or social media.

So they'll bitch about Ben Barnes singing (it's the title of a current thread) but then go on for literally 600 posts about it and about other things they'd change If Only They Were Ben's Girlfriend.

It's also been noted that many of these women are middle aged, which would indicate a level of mental illness you would not ascribe to a 14 year old who was obsessed with a celebrity, especially if said 14 year old then went on to develop crushes on boys her own age

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 4:04 PM

Rocco Ritchie [Did not know who he was before I saw his name thrown around on DL]

Timothee Chalamet

Henry Cavill

Richard Madden

Matt Bomer

Justin Timberlake

Ben Affleck

Colton Underwood

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 4:17 PM

R16.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 4:18 PM

ATM it seems Meghan Markle's fan gurls are ever present on this site. I have plenty of members on ignore and I still see a plethora of threads about her. I must say, I find watching a car crash in slow motion entertaining, esp. when the individual(s) concerned deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2021 4:23 PM

R18.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 6:20 PM

Chris Murphy is hot, his wife is not.

She must have a great personality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 10:23 PM

r12 r13 r15

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 10:26 PM

I rarely hear much about Armie Hammer 0r Chalamet anymore.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2021 10:41 PM

R15 I still don't under why the Ben stans don't just start a discord.

R16 Henry threads don't get much traction now.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 12:23 AM

I suspect that it beyond the technological capability of most of them R23

These are middle aged women who like DL for the same reason many of our Eldergays do--it's an old and familiar format with a super simple interface and they don't have to learn how to use.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 12:25 AM

Who? x 4

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 1:11 AM

R24 they also probably want BB to read the thread so he can learn the error of his ways 😆

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 3:09 PM

r24.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 4:50 PM

Give some love to that sexy Chris Murphy!

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2021 5:54 PM

Christopher!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2021 6:26 PM

I've commented a few times on Jon Hamm and was immediately attacked by fangurls. I just mentioned him because I thought he was hot, but immediately a whole long list of posts happened about where he was and what he was doing. So that's another name for the list.

Between the prancing pony fangurls and the Stormfront/Boris types the old DL thread topics are almost entirely verboten or will be torn to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2021 6:31 PM

Chris Murphy.

He looks like he has been deprived by his wife and needs a little lovin.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2021 11:49 PM

Add Sam Heughan to this list. If I have to see another "Gee, since my last 100 threads on him have been paywalled, here's another one!"

They're seriously mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2021 12:09 AM

Agreed R32

I do feel badly for these minor celebrities with obsessed fans--unlike say a Brad Pitt, they don't have the resources to keep the crazies at bay 24/7

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2021 1:48 AM

Chris Murphy is fucking hot!

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2021 9:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!