Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Needs a Vaccine When You Have Thoughts, Prayers, and GoFundMe (Times Three)

Continued from Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 7, 2022 6:25 PM

[quote]"If we had known it would be like that, we would have gotten vaccinated much earlier," said Kyle's mother Eileen Park.

Don't kick yourself, Eileen. How could you possibly have known — a mere eighteen months in — that COVID was real? Who knew? And why didn't anyone ever mention that safe, effective vaccines are available?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2021 8:09 AM

If only someone told them!

I mean, the media and government are really keeping this whole virus thing under tight wraps. We don’t hear anything about it. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2021 11:05 AM

A California police officer died of COVID-19 while he was on leave for not meeting San Francisco’s Nov. 1 vaccination deadline. Freedom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2021 7:07 PM

It’s not Nyce to make fun, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2021 7:37 PM

Where’s the GoFundMe pitch? God is going to be pissed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2021 1:11 AM

He's sick. Could it be....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2021 2:12 AM

Tots....pears...

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2021 10:12 AM

Although it is hard to feel pity, it is easy to feel horrified. Imagine being 27 and a transplant patient for the rest of your life just for the sake of a stupid belief system.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2021 10:22 AM

[quote] He's sick.

Well we already know that. He’s absolutely psychol—

Oh, you meant sick, sick.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2021 11:34 AM

[quote]Imagine being 27 and a transplant patient for the rest of your life just for the sake of a stupid belief system.

Play stupid games . . .

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2021 5:07 PM

I hope he suffers.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2021 5:12 PM

Fucked around...found out. I give no shits R8

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2021 5:38 PM

I can't even

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2021 2:05 AM

He's a graduate of a bootcamp for Korean-American "Christ-ambassadors" whose end goal is a theocracy.

[quote]Student activism. Vietnam War. Sexual revolution. Hippie movement. This was the 1960’s in America. The core leaders of that generation launched a war on mainstream Judeo-Christian culture. ​ [quote]Their efforts, known as the counterculture movement, shifted American society radically away from its Biblical roots. ​ [quote]Today those young men and women of the counterculture generation are in positions of power and influence in government, education, media, business, arts, and entertainment, affecting not just America but the nations of the world. ​ [quote]There is a great need for godly leaders to be at the forefront of the major forces that are shaping our world. Taking back our culture will not happen overnight. But we need to start now in training leaders who will take over these major forces for God’s Kingdom. This is GLDI’s goal. And this is why we need your support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2021 2:05 AM

[quote]Anti-Vaccine Doctor Who Called Mask Wearing 'Dangerous' Dies of COVID-19

There's some irony for you right there.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2021 5:08 AM

New sorryantivaxxer.com hotness (might be my favorite so far)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2021 5:16 AM

[quote]It was a bit overwhelming for the family to hear from [Kyle’s] doctors about how tough and long the battle ahead is going to be.

I’ll take that as confirmation that there was no talking to the family, so the original hospital went the “that’s a question you’ll have to ask the transplant team” route. Good for them.

Also, this weekend’s marching orders have been issued. Pray for:

[quote] -wisdom & favor for Kyle’s new medical team

[quote] -Kyle to make significant progress quickly

[quote] -much favor in this whole lung-transplant process

[quote] -Kyle to grow deeper in his love, dependence and obedience to God

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2021 5:55 AM

We need to do what Singapore is doing. If you refuse the vaccine, you have to cover your medical expenses if you are hospitalized for Covid-19. Medicare should be denied to anyone who refuses the vaccine and other Healthcare coverage should also unless there is a valid medical exemption. Kick religious exemptions out the door.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2021 6:02 AM

Michelle started off sounding like a run-of-the-mill Teal Swan/Barbara Snow frauloon with the Satanic Mormons stuff, but then she somehow went leaps and bounds beyond that.

I’m impressed.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2021 6:10 AM

[quote]It was a bit overwhelming for the family to hear from [Kyle’s] doctors about how tough and long the battle ahead is going to be.

Oh, I know what they mean. The recovery for me from the vaccine was a tough and long battle as well. I mean, it took almost two whole days for the injection site discomfort to go away. It most certainly was an arduous battle, but I made it, harrowing as it was.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2021 2:07 PM

Dr. Christopher Foley displayed the typical Trumper loon traits - older male, gray goatee, mirrored sunglasses, and denial of reality.

[quote] Passed away peacefully on October 15, 2021 after an unexpected illness.

Even his obituary tries to cover up his Covid death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] Passed away peacefully

So none of these people passed away kicking and screaming?

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2021 2:43 PM

R16 Michelle was an A List Loon of the first order.

The more one learns about anti vaxxers the more apparent it seems that an awful lot of them are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote] …after an unexpected illness.

Unexpected? Really?

What morons. “How did that happen?”

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2021 4:50 PM

Ericksen told KIRO radio he was “fighting a bad bout” with the virus while in the Central American country.

A fierce critic of Gov. Jay Inslee’s emergency pandemic orders — including the recent vaccine mandates — Ericksen this year sponsored legislation to protect the rights of people who won’t get vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2021 12:44 PM

[quote] Although it is hard to feel pity, it is easy to feel horrified. Imagine being 27 and a transplant patient for the rest of your life just for the sake of a stupid belief system.

I agree, it's hard to feel pity. It's almost ridiculous how in each post his family requests prayers for different issues connected to severe covid, "please pray for no long term damage to vocal cords or voice due to intubation". "pray for the right set of lungs to become available", etc. The vocal cord damage issue and the need for new lungs could have been avoided had been vaccinated. If the perfect set of donor lungs become available, I wouldn't be surprised if his entitled dumb fuck family gives no mention or thought to the donor's family losing a loved one.

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2021 1:03 AM

From r6...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2021 1:08 AM

That's karma, to be stuck in a 3rd world country with Covid and now you are begging for monoclonal antibody treatment. As the article said, how is he going to get it? It's not something you can routinely send through Fed Express. And it has to be given in a timely manner, like ASAP.

The ignorance of some people astounds me but why must they live here?

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2021 3:03 AM

One of the comments from that, r28...

"Send those monoclonal antibodies via USPS. I hear they’re in fine running order. Oh wait…"

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2021 3:55 AM

"Tamara Drock died Friday, 12 weeks after being admitted to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center."

The GoFundMe page, created Oct. 6, has raised $10,000 of its $150,000 goal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2021 3:59 PM

Might as well shit in her mouth for all the good ivermectin does.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2021 4:07 PM

I’m certainly not one to feel any sympathy toward hospitals and their money making objectives, but in the case outline in r30, I can see the hospital is between a rock and a hard place. I mean, what can they do? I see a scenario where the knucklehead husband sue they hospital saying they caused his wife’s death because they didn’t give her ivermectin. And if the hospital gives in and giver her ivermectin and she still dies, he sues because they gave her someone that doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2021 4:15 PM

If they don't want the treatment the hospital has to offer, WHY DO THEY GO TO THE HOSPITAL???

If the treatment they want is ivermectin, they can do that at home.

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote] I see a scenario where the knucklehead husband sue they hospital saying they caused his wife’s death because they didn’t give her ivermectin. And if the hospital gives in and giver her ivermectin and she still dies, he sues because they gave her someone that doesn’t work.

I’m not a medical malpractice attorney, but I would tend to believe had the doctors given her ivermectin, in spite of the warnings and contraindications, the family would sue them for negligence and malpractice and possibly have a very good case.

The doctors know they shouldn’t prescribe that but did it anyway?

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2021 7:39 PM

R34, they didn’t prescribe it.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2021 7:42 PM

Yes, I know that.

Re-read the last part I quoted. That poster said “…IF the hospital gives in and giver her ivermectin…”

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2021 8:09 PM

Speaking of ivermectin and doctors, a family of a guy in Texas is suing so this suspended doctor can administer ivermectin to him as a treatment. The guy's family has a GFM which post after the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2021 3:41 AM

The GFM for the family who wants the husband and father to be treated with ivermectin. He has been hospitalized since late September. They have a 50 k goal, I honestly hope the hospital goes after and tries to most of the medical expenses paid from this family. While I have plenty of sympathy for families who have been wrecked financially due to medical bills due to non-covid health issues or accidents. I no longer have sympathy for families like this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2021 3:59 AM

6 kids and 6 weeks in a coma. I hope they like sharing ramen noodles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2021 4:07 AM

Two of the six kids are adults. The gofundme says he's the sole provider, I'm guessing the wife maybe hasn't worked in years. Who knows. There are bunch of pro-ivermectin people posting comments on the gofundme page. If the guy dies, there will be floods of comments blaming the hospital and others for not giving the ivermectin.

Even if this guy Whether the guy lives or dies, his family is going to be fucked financially for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2021 7:02 PM

Your prayers worked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2021 7:37 PM

[quote] "She was planning on getting vaccinated before she left Florida, but she ran out of time,"

Why do they all spout this bullshit?

Then again, I suppose I understand. I mean, 11 months is really too short a span of time to fit a potentially life-saving vaccine into your busy schedule.

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2021 7:42 PM

R42 she had to go to bingo!!

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2021 7:46 PM

r41 Her first words -- "You were going to bury me under that piece of shit?"

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2021 9:41 PM

Now they've got Kyle making videos. This should be required viewing for anyone who screams that it's only the Olds and the Fats who have to worry about serious illness.

If the need for a double-lung transplant isn't enough to convince them, maybe the sound of a 27-year-old trying to navigate a speaking valve while the secretions state their boundaries will.

The media's chosen imagery — obese elder silently slumbering on a vent — is too easy to dismiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote] Why do they all spout this bullshit?

[quote] Then again, I suppose I understand. I mean, 11 months is really too short a span of time to fit a potentially life-saving vaccine into your busy schedule.

I think they spout the bullshit as an attempt to save face. But's lame as fuck because she's over 65 and has pre-existing conditions and she might have qualified for vaccination in the late winter and early spring in Florida. The whole "she ran out of time in Florida" is so lame as fuck,

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2021 12:16 PM

[quote]Now they've got Kyle making videos. This should be required viewing for anyone who screams that it's only the Olds and the Fats who have to worry about serious illness.

[quote] The media's chosen imagery — obese elder silently slumbering on a vent — is too easy to dismiss.

If Kyle's story got national attention, it might jar more people into getting vaccinated and realizing even unvaccinated thing people could get severe covid illness and end up with life long problems which will be case for Kyle gets a lung transplant survives.

There's this story in Minnesota about a unvaccinated teacher who is now critical care. His sister who is running the gofundme and posting on social media is spouting the whole "he's a healthy guy, hardly ever sick" line. These idiots don't get that not every unvaccinated person who gets severe covid has underlying medical conditions or is overweight or obese. There was a thread on the Herman Caine subreddit sometime back about a personal trainer who died of covid and someone on there made some kind of comment like "Covid doesn't always give a fuck if someone is fit and healthy".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2021 2:42 AM

^I meant to type "which will be the case for Kyle if he gets a lung transplant and survives".

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2021 2:45 AM

R47 to be fair, they also don't think having multiple chins is an underlying health condition. How many GFM's have we seen where it says "he/she was always healthy" and the photo is of someone who at least a 4X?

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2021 2:49 AM

R49 Yeah, I have noticed that as well. One of the past threads, there was a gofundme for a obese couple somewhere in the South who died of covid. The family said both of them were healthy and had no underlying medical conditions.

I had a great aunt who was obese for a most of her adult life. She was a delusional toxic narcissist type who never considered herself to be unhealthy even though she had heart condition, diabetes, and other issues in her later life.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2021 3:10 AM

[quote] Tots....pears...

Tits…..peen

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2021 3:22 AM

[quote]Kyle was able to enjoy some solid foods for a few days but unfortunately had to pause due to a lot of coughing and mucous secretions.

[quote]He noticed more shortness of breath the past few days and had an episode where his blood oxygen dropped pretty low until they were able to suction out a mucous plug in his trach tube.

[quote]Please pray that Kyle won’t have any further issues with shortness of breath and that his new arterial line won’t bleed as much.

[quote]Let us continue to trust in God's plan and perfect timing!

God's plan appears to have a few glitches.

by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2021 12:46 AM

No. God don’t make no mistakes. That’s how he got to be god.

by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2021 12:52 AM

Is gods plan to torture Kyle first? Gee, what a benevolent god you believe in.

by Anonymousreply 54November 23, 2021 12:53 AM

Kyle,

As you know, my plan all along was for you to make a vaccination appointment on March 29th, the day they became available to your age group. I told you THEN, so I wouldn't have to wash my hands of you NOW.

Best,

by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2021 1:01 AM

Kyle's family clearly can't accept that he's going to have various long term health issues due to the severe covid and the treatments he's had for it.

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2021 3:03 AM

R56 it's because they didn't give him the horse wormjuice! He would've been fine!

by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2021 3:10 AM

Attendees at an anti-vaxx COVID summit now sick with COVID.

“I have been on ivermectin for 16 months, my wife and I,” Dr. Bruce Boros declared at the end of the meeting. “I have never felt healthier in my life.”

Two days later, the 71-year-old cardiologist fell ill with COVID-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 23, 2021 11:49 AM

Giggles and laughs.

by Anonymousreply 59November 23, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote[Attendees at an anti-vaxx COVID summit now sick with COVID.

LOL, as people used to say!

by Anonymousreply 60November 23, 2021 7:21 PM

Karma: Unvaccinated former GOP Vice Chair of the Wayne Co (MI) Bd of Supervisors William Hartman is on a ventilator this Thanksgiving with covid. He refused to verify the 2020 election, said covid was “hullabaloo,” and compared mandates to Nazi Germany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2021 3:15 AM

[quote]Karma: Unvaccinated former GOP Vice Chair of the Wayne Co (MI) Bd of Supervisors William Hartman is on a ventilator this Thanksgiving with covid. He refused to verify the 2020 election, said covid was “hullabaloo,” and compared mandates to Nazi Germany.

Are the Hullabaloo Dancers providing bedside entertainment for him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 26, 2021 3:42 AM

They're appearing nightly in his oxygen-deprived fever dream.

by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2021 11:54 AM

Anti-vaxxer televangelist dies. I think you can guess what he died from

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2021 9:21 PM

"Meanwhile, the Canadian government has yet to procure even a single piece of evidence showing that the injections do anything beneficial for people’s health.

There are no trials to show that the jabs stop either infection or transmission. In fact, there is no evidence to even back the widespread government claim that the shots help to prevent severe symptoms, which is evidenced by Niesing’s untimely death."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2021 11:48 PM

Dumb antivaxxer Maine State legislator, who lost antivaxxer wife to Covid, resigns State House seat.

[quote] In his letter to House Speaker Fecteau, Johansen said his wife's dedication to the family farm allowed him to serve in the Legislature and that he no longer has the time to manage both duties. He said the decision was difficult because of the ongoing fight against what he described as the expansion of state power during the pandemic.

This guy still hasn’t publicly acknowledged that his wife died of Covid, and hasn’t even published an obituary for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote]Anti-vaxxer televangelist dies. I think you can guess what he died from.

Embarrassment?

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2021 1:09 AM

[quote]Anti-vaxxer televangelist dies. I think you can guess what he died from

The Rapture?

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote] Anti-vaxxer televangelist dies. I think you can guess what he died from.

Shame, for a start.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2021 1:37 AM

More about the televangelist asshole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2021 3:43 AM

Not that I want him to be, but that televangelist is smelling a whole bakery of cookies!

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2021 4:37 PM

It seems like the biggest risk for Covid death is having one of those douchy little Van Dyke beards.

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2021 6:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2021 10:08 PM

The goatee (preferably salt-and-pepper toned), the backwards cap (preferably MAGA), the sunglasses and the big belly... all add up to an easy target!

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2021 10:40 PM

MAGA: making America great again... one COVID-19 death at a time.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2021 10:53 PM

Man and his 12 year old daughter are hospitalized with covid. The daughter was scheduled to get vaccinated. The dad hadn't been vaccinated. The mother is pregnant and another daughter said that the dad promised to get vaccinated before the baby was born, but hadn't yet. That's pretty stupid especially since he could have been vaxxed months ago. They have a gofundme. I feel bad for the 12 year old, not so much for the dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2021 12:31 AM

I'm feeling sorry for the maggots and flies.

by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2021 9:16 PM

So precisely how did goatees and Oakley sunglasses become a COVID prerequisite?

by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2021 9:46 PM

Kyle doesn't have a spot on the list yet, but he does have a new template. Each paragraph now goes: bad news-bad news-bad news-prayer request.

[quote]Thank you for your continued support and prayers for Kyle. Last week, he had a couple of procedures done and had to rest more but is still taking small steps in the right direction. His labs showed that there are blood and lung infections that are being treated with antibiotics and antifungals. After six tries, his team was finally able to find a good vein to place an IV in and take out his PICC line to minimize any invasive lines. His temperature reached 100 due to infection but thankfully has subsided now. [bold]Please pray that God will protect Kyle and that these medications will treat his infections.[/bold]

[quote]Through another bronchoscopy, Kyle's doctors saw some irritation that was causing some bloody mucous from his tracheostomy tube. They cauterized the area and switched out his tracheostomy tube to a shorter one to minimize irritation. They did a third bronchoscopy to remove more mucous from his lungs. In addition, the suture for his right chest tube was ripped, so his team will monitor to see if they will need to insert another chest tube later. Through an ultrasound, they found some blood clots near his collarbone, so his team is trying to find the balance between avoiding blood clots and bleeding and deciding when to give him blood thinners. [bold]Please pray that Kyle will be protected from both of those issues.[/bold]

[quote]Kyle was having shortness of breath and lower blood oxygen levels, so his team switched out the oxygenator for his ECMO machine. It's crazy to believe that Kyle's been on ECMO for 73 days now! Whenever his blood oxygen levels are low, they put the ventilator back on his trach tube to allow him to rest. His doctors said his latest chest x-ray shows that his right lung is more closed off which might be causing his shortness of breath. [bold]Please pray that Kyle will be able to breathe easier without the help of a ventilator.[/bold]

[quote]Kyle’s speech therapist did another x-ray swallow test to evaluate him and found that he no longer has a severe swallowing problem and can have liquids or soups along with his tube feeding. His doctors want to be careful and prioritize his physical therapy before moving back to regular food. Despite everything going on, Kyle was able to walk in the hallway of the unit while taking two breaks. They said he walked about 120 feet in total! [bold]Please pray that Kyle will regain the weight and strength he needs to reach his goals for physical therapy to get listed soon![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 79December 2, 2021 10:08 PM

It's almost like the prayer warriors thing is pure horseshit or something.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2021 12:37 AM

R73, nothing says "I'm a rebel" like making your elderly father sick

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2021 12:42 AM

Kyle's family pretty much rolls out a prayer wish list with each update. They could keep simple, but saying something "Please pray for overall improvement in his condition". Around 2010, a friend's nephew was paralyzed in a car accident. My friend ran a private Facebook group to update on his nephew's condition. My friend and his sister (nephew's mom) come from a religious family and their father was a pastor and another sibling is a pastor. The updates my friend and his sister posted would occasionally ask for prayers, but it was simple in the sense that they just hoped the nephew would adjust to his situation and remain in the best health possible. They rarely posted anything where they asked for different prayer requests for different problems.

I think there are religious people who can easily accept that not everything will completely go their way, but just want hope and strength to deal with what they are dealing with. Then there are people like Kyle's family that have their long prayer wish lists and don't seem to accept he might not recover in the way they hope he does.

by Anonymousreply 82December 4, 2021 1:52 AM

Can't these people find a way to die more quickly and inexpensively? I mean, it is hunting season.

by Anonymousreply 83December 4, 2021 2:12 AM

“You have a sound mind!” Feuerstein preached in a sermon five months ago. “You don’t have to wear a mask! You got Jesus. You don’t need the vaccine! You got Jesus.”

But it appears Jesus ain't got the Rev.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 6, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote]But it appears Jesus ain't got the Rev.

I'm so shocked that the reverend is fat.

by Anonymousreply 85December 6, 2021 6:22 PM

The denial train rolls on. Kyle has bleeding of obscure origin and has required two bronchoscopies in four days to suction the stew from his lungs. Aspergillus and candida have also set up shop and he needs a circuit, oxygenator, and cannula change today. The cannulation site might have to be moved as well.

And here’s what the family has to say:

[quote]After Kyle is able to recover tomorrow [today, that is; same day as the procedure], we hope to see him keep up the good work in physical therapy.

Yes, I’m sure he’ll be up and leading the ECMO train on a half-marathon through the hallways before Hannity starts.

by Anonymousreply 86December 6, 2021 7:13 PM

"They didn't even have any underlying health conditions!"

Photo on GoFundMe: -everyone is wearing a 4X shirt

by Anonymousreply 87December 6, 2021 7:19 PM

So is one conscious on an ECMO machine? What physical therapy are they talking about at r86?

by Anonymousreply 88December 6, 2021 7:48 PM

There's intense physical therapy of all kinds in preparation for a lung transplant. Prior to COVID it was more common for people to have a long period of deterioration in which to prepare. When it would become apparent that transplantation was in the cards, they'd have some time to get themselves into shape by exercising on their own at home as well as regular PT visits.

With COVID patients in need of a transplant, they've basically potatoes. They've been ventilated and bedridden for long periods of time and then been parked on ECMO for stretches previously unheard of. Now matter how healthy/athletic they were going in, they end up in horrendous shape with massive inflammation, malnutrition, postextubation dysphagia, severe muscle wasting, and neurological issues — all of which need to be resolved before they can be considered for a spot on the list.

And, yes, a lot of ECMO patients are conscious, talking, and walking. It requires people to push the machinery; people to make sure nothing gets unplugged; people to monitor the patient and cannulation site; people to watch the levels, etc.

You can see what a circus it is in the video below and also get an idea of why fully staffed ECMO beds are hard to come by. Each ECMO patient requires an insane level of around-the-clock care and monitoring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 6, 2021 8:57 PM

I just did a double take. For a second there I thought the title of this thread read, "Who Needs Vivian Vance When You Have..."

by Anonymousreply 90December 7, 2021 1:19 AM

Thank you, r89. Who would choose that over a vaccine???

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2021 1:53 AM

Large numbers of people, apparently...

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote] Thank you, [R89]. Who would choose that over a vaccine???

Me!

by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2021 1:26 PM

Anti-vaxxer Republican who refused to certify the election results dies from Covid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote]Anti-vaxxer Republican who refused to certify the election results dies from Covid.

A life filled with stupid choices.

by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2021 4:33 AM

Unvaccinated Michigan man Clive Ellis hospitalized for his SECOND Covid infection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2021 12:12 AM

Latest update on Kyle. He got on the transplant list and less than 24 hours later, the transplant team got a call about potential set of lungs. His asshole family clearly doesn't give a fuck that the potential donor's family and friends are dealing with a loss right now as there's no mention of "Please pray for the family of the person", or anything along those lines.

[quote] Less than 24 hours after getting officially listed yesterday, Kyle was informed by his transplant team today that they got a call for a potential offer! Tomorrow, the surgeon will need to go evaluate the lungs to see if the condition is acceptable to their high standards. If everything looks good, they would be able to perform the surgery tomorrow around 4 PM! We are so shocked and surprised at how quickly the turnaround was after just updating everyone about Kyle getting listed. Everything is happening so quickly, but we know that God is in control and is answering all of our fervent prayers. Would you please pray that these lungs are healthy and in excellent condition? If it is God's will for everything to work out tomorrow, please pray for the surgeon who will perform the long surgery and Kyle's recovery. May it be successful and without any complications. His transplant team informed us early on that there could be many emotional ups and downs when there are offers that don't end up being accepted. If the lungs don't end up being good enough, may we continue to trust God and be patient until Kyle can get his new set of lungs!

by Anonymousreply 97December 12, 2021 10:16 PM

Thoughts....prayers.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 12, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]please pray for the surgeon who will perform the long surgery

Someone remind them that the surgeon (and everyone else in the room) will be wearing face masks

by Anonymousreply 99December 12, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote]We are so shocked and surprised at how quickly the turnaround was after just updating everyone about Kyle getting listed.

Thank you, Jesus, for killing a donor right away!

by Anonymousreply 100December 12, 2021 10:51 PM

Any news on the lungs? I’m shocked they became available so soon. Lungs are very difficult to obtain. I know two people who died (not of Covid) waiting on the lung transplant list.

by Anonymousreply 101December 12, 2021 11:56 PM

The problem is that of the small percentage of registered organ donors who end up with brain-stem death, only ~20% have lungs fit to donate.

Ex vivo lung perfusion can salvage some, but only if they were right on the edge of being suitable for donation to begin with.

With those marginal lungs, transplant pulmonologists/surgeons are put in a position where there are no good options, so most tend to take the conservative approach. I doubt very much that Kyle will get a set on his first go-round.

And while we're on their lack of concern for the donor, what about Kyle's KOVID-kasualty dad? Remember him? It was "he died" then he was never mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2021 12:51 AM

^^Make that "fit to transplant" and "suitable for transplantation." I'm obviously in need of a brain transplant tonight.

You can donate a dozen stained caftans covered in cat hair to DL's Christmas auction, but if no one bids on them...

by Anonymousreply 103December 13, 2021 1:07 AM

Thanks r102. I always wondered why it was that lungs were harder to come by in transplants. Hearts and livers are more accessible—livers because you can actually donate a portion of your own if you’re a match—it grows back.

by Anonymousreply 104December 13, 2021 1:11 AM

R101 This was the most recent update. Lungs weren't acceptable and of course, they have put out their prayer request for lungs in perfect condition.

[quote] About two hours ago, the surgeon was able to examine the donor lungs in person and found them to be in poor condition and not acceptable for the transplant, unfortunately. Please pray that another offer will come quickly and for the lungs to be in perfect condition for Kyle. We will continue to wait and trust in God's perfect timing!

by Anonymousreply 105December 13, 2021 1:38 AM

I feel horrible for sort of wishing Kyle doesn’t get lungs. My two friends upthread who died waiting for lungs did everything right. Their lungs went due to auto-immune diseases, not because they refused a life-saving vaccine. I feel that healthy lungs should go to someone who at least was smart enough to get vaccinated. I know that it’s not based on that criteria (I think they even accept ex-smokers), but geez, he’s in this situation because of obstinance and stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 106December 13, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote]Lungs weren't acceptable and of course, they have put out their prayer request for lungs in perfect condition.

The roller coaster has left the gate.

Please pray that God will immediately cause a young organ donor of Kyle's blood and HLA type to become brain dead. Please pray that this donor is extremely healthy and that God cuts them down in the prime of life. Please pray that their lungs will be the perfect size for Kyle's thoracic cavity. Please pray that this donor arrives in their state of brain-stem death with minimal damage to their lungs and absolutely no pulmonary edema.

Please pray that God will grant the parents the wisdom and discernment needed to remove their child from life support quickly and without drama so that we can enjoy Christmas with Kyle and his new lungs.

by Anonymousreply 107December 13, 2021 4:16 AM

"Unfortunately, with the vaccine now being pushed on increasingly younger age groups, we could well see even more cases of myocarditis. It is believed to be behind at least some of the recent high-profile incidents involving athletes collapsing on the field, and it is important for anyone who experiences the symptoms of myocarditis to get checked immediately – especially if they have had a COVID-19 vaccine."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 13, 2021 4:21 AM

Bye, bye, antivaxxer troll @R108. Vaccinedeaths.com? Really??

by Anonymousreply 109December 13, 2021 4:22 AM

Please pray to Our Lord and Savior that all these anti-vaxxers and their families JUST FUCKING DIE RIGHT NOW AND GET THIS OVER WITH INSTEAD OF CLOGGING UP OUR HOSPITALS AT A MILLION DOLLARS A POP JUST BECAUSE THEY REFUSED A SIMPLE, EFFECTIVE AND FREE VACCINATION.

Lord, Hear Our Prayer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 13, 2021 4:57 AM

The word of Saint Patsy of Hello! Magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 13, 2021 9:30 AM

R110, that was perfect!

by Anonymousreply 112December 14, 2021 12:17 AM

R108, did you make a wrong turn on your way to Stupidville?

by Anonymousreply 113December 14, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote] Unvaccinated Michigan man Clive Ellis hospitalized for his SECOND Covid infection.

With a name like Clive, he didn’t stand a chance anyway.

by Anonymousreply 114December 14, 2021 1:16 PM

Wonder if the wife will be stuck with legal debts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 14, 2021 9:42 PM

After two months on some combination of MV, ECMO, and CRRT; cecal perforation and ensuing large bowel resection; thirty-minute+ oxygen drops into the fifties; assorted clots; sepsis; and multiorgan failure, this unforgettable 39-year-old face from the last thread has finally owned you.

She flew home a few days ago, straight into the arms of Jesus.

Jealous, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 14, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote] cecal perforation

I think I had that once after an exceptionally rough night with a BWC.

by Anonymousreply 117December 14, 2021 9:52 PM

R116 What she put herself through is truly horrifying. And her husband, as a nurse, knew she wasn’t coming back from this, I don’t care how many prayers he said. All because of some bullshit belief system. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 118December 14, 2021 11:59 PM

Meanwhile...

Things change quickly in COVIDville; from the highs of Kyle's Christmas Lungs to the reality of today. His chest tube was blocked by a clot. He's leaking blood like a sieve. And, a week after the ECMO circuit change, the invasive fungal infection is still brewing.

As such, he will require the replacement and repositioning of the chest tube as well as CT angiography to locate the sources of his bleeding. When/if they find those sources, the next step will be threading a catheter through his body to try to close them off. That sometimes starts a game of Whack-a-Mole. Everything in this paragraph opens new entry points for infection.

Worst of all, invasive candidiasis and aspergillosis are frequently fatal in ECMO patients because the machinery keeping them alive, and from which they can't be removed, also extracts the drugs from their blood. It's tricky with antifungals because dosing is so important and resistance is always lurking in the shadows.

But it's the vaccines that are to be feared.

by Anonymousreply 119December 15, 2021 7:31 AM

Jason Hitch, who was a pivotal part of season 2 of "90 Day Fiancé" has died after complications from COVID-19 ... TMZ has learned.

Jason's sister, Shannon tells us he passed away Tuesday night inside the ICU of a Florida hospital. We're told Jason's family was able to be with him when he died and held his hand in his final moments. Shannon says Jason was not vaccinated and did not have preexisting medical conditions, to the family's knowledge.

Can't find a GoFundMe yet, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 16, 2021 3:34 PM

Gimme a minute, damn it

by Anonymousreply 121December 16, 2021 3:38 PM

R116 That cunt looks rough for 39.

by Anonymousreply 122December 16, 2021 9:57 PM

She looked rough when we thought she was 44, and also when we thought she was 40. She can keep getting younger, but she’ll never get older.

by Anonymousreply 123December 16, 2021 10:05 PM

So Pfizer has applied for emergency use authorization for Paxlovid, its oral pill to treat COVID. So will these Herman Cain nominees refuse the pill as they refuse the vaccine? Will still insist on Ivermectin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 17, 2021 12:35 AM

We have another Herman Cain award winner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 19, 2021 2:02 AM

There's a popular antivaxxer meme that reads "If your shot works, why do you need mine?"

I feel the same way about prayers — if your prayers work, why do you need mine?

by Anonymousreply 126December 19, 2021 2:18 AM

Fat ginger antivaxxer neckbeard with four kids, no life insurance and stay at home wifey dies.

YOU MUST SEND THEM MONEY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 19, 2021 2:23 AM

R127 One income, no insurance, 4 kids.

Can you say Bad Decision Bingo?

by Anonymousreply 128December 19, 2021 2:26 AM

No gas station sunglasses but at least the neckbeard is there.

by Anonymousreply 129December 19, 2021 2:27 AM

I still feel Michelle might be the QNut Queen of all the dead antivaxxers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 19, 2021 2:32 AM

Michelle's story is as nuts as she is.

by Anonymousreply 131December 19, 2021 2:41 AM

"The most shocking data point of all is the death toll between vaccinated and unvaccinated. The disparity is so dramatic that there is no longer any denying that the jabs are what is killing people, not some “virus” floating around in the air."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 19, 2021 2:49 AM

Go away r132.

by Anonymousreply 133December 19, 2021 2:50 AM

Ooh papa tooney, we got an antivax LOONY!

by Anonymousreply 134December 19, 2021 2:51 AM

I'm looking forward to R132 getting the top billing on sorryantivaxxer.com. For once in his/her sad, frustrated life someone will pay attention to him/her.

by Anonymousreply 135December 19, 2021 2:54 AM

I don't give a fuck about the unvaccinated. It's been a year. Fuck off and die already if that's the path you choose.

by Anonymousreply 136December 19, 2021 2:56 AM

I bet the relative organizing the GFM at R127 will up the fundraising goal soon once they realize 10k will not cover the funeral and other expenses the guy's wife and kids will have.

by Anonymousreply 137December 19, 2021 5:26 AM

She hit the Covid Jackpot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 19, 2021 4:43 PM

The list keeps growing . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 22, 2021 11:52 PM

Eat up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 23, 2021 10:44 AM

I do feel sorry for people who can't afford to close their businesses but John Parney did choose not to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 141December 23, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]I do feel sorry for people who can't afford to close their businesses but John Parney did choose not to get vaccinated.

"I'd rather die than get vaccinated!"

by Anonymousreply 142December 25, 2021 8:39 PM

We know how much she likes goatees and mirrored Oakleys, but SARS-CoV-2 also has a thing for this facial expression.

See r116.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 26, 2021 7:24 PM

Anti-vaxx Podcaster got Covid at a QAnon event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 26, 2021 8:40 PM

NYT editor Carlos Tejada died of a heart attack the day after getting a Moderna booster

On 12/17 New York Times editor Carlos Tejada posted his booster injection selfie on Instagram

On 12/18 his wife announced his death by heart attack via his Twitter account

On 12/22 New York Times published an article regarding his death. The article mentions nothing about the booster shot, even though government health agencies and vaccine manufacturers across the globe are aware of and have reported connections to heart problems following vaccination. Ironically, the article does mention that he contributed to "Pulitzer-winning coverage of the Covid-19 crisis, editing an article about how China had censored online news and opinion about the coronavirus early in the pandemic." Can the irony of that get any deeper? It's an obvious tragedy that he leaves behind a family now. But no mention of an investigation? No mention of the potential cause? He and his family could be a victim of Pharma & Phriends, but there's no mention of pursuing that avenue...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 26, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote]Anti-vaxx Podcaster got Covid at a QAnon event

A perfect storm of stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 146December 26, 2021 11:49 PM

Anti-vaxxers are so tiresome. it must be exhausting constantly trying to prove how stupid you are.

by Anonymousreply 147December 27, 2021 11:52 PM

The antivaxxers who gathered in Dallas on December 10th and got sick are saying that they've been infected with anthrax not covid. You can't reason with these people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 28, 2021 2:40 AM

Oops, anthrax already mentioned in R144's article. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 149December 28, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote]The antivaxxers who gathered in Dallas on December 10th and got sick are saying that they've been infected with anthrax not covid.

Fine. Whatever works.

by Anonymousreply 150December 29, 2021 5:53 AM

Don’t be sorry, r149.

I didn’t read the article so your post told me something I hadn’t known.

by Anonymousreply 151December 29, 2021 12:23 PM

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 29, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]Maurizio Buratti died in a Verona hospital less than one month after telling radio listeners he was out mingling in public while seriously ill.

What a barrel of laffs he must have been.

by Anonymousreply 153December 30, 2021 1:42 AM

Oh Maurizio. How did you manage to live to 61 when you're so gullible?

by Anonymousreply 154December 30, 2021 2:00 AM

I scheduled my booster for Friday. I was super sick with the flu a couple weeks ago and my doctor told me to wait three weeks before getting the booster, but what’s a couple days. Omicron is freaking me out. I feel like it is March 2020 all over again

by Anonymousreply 155December 30, 2021 2:19 AM

Thoughts and prayers! I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 30, 2021 3:05 AM

Funny you can't find reports of all these vaccine deaths in a major, reputable news source. Let me guess, R156. The mainstream media are hiding the truth. Of the many millions of vaccine shots that have been administered, there have been adverse reactions and some deaths but I find it really hard to believe the number is anywhere near 400,000. Overall the benefits of vaccines far outweigh the drawbacks. Hope you don't end up like Maurizio, R156, who figured out far too late that he was a sheeple follower of quacks.

If you're a Trumpist, R156, you do know that he's had two shots of covid vaccine plus a booster shot, right?

by Anonymousreply 157December 30, 2021 3:17 AM

All those right wing 'tards, including Trump, Tucker, Dan Bongino, and the rest, including everyone on the Fox News, are vaxxed to the max. It's only the sheeple they manipulate who are supposed to defend their freedumbs, reject vaccines and masks and die for the cause, like medieval peasants.

by Anonymousreply 158December 30, 2021 3:26 AM

R156, if you’re a Dumper, we all want you to forego the vaccine. It’s dangerous, I tell ya! Dangerous!

by Anonymousreply 159December 30, 2021 4:00 AM

Isn't this your fearless leader, R156?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 30, 2021 6:47 AM

Oh look, we have another one with that smug "I'm about to own some libs and you can't stop me, lolz" facial expression to join R143 and R116.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 30, 2021 7:58 PM

[quote] t they've been infected with anthrax not covid.

Did they perchance get handed an anthrax rope by a skinny little runt? That'll do it to ya!

by Anonymousreply 162December 30, 2021 8:11 PM

The woman at R161 kind of looks like a Cabbage Patch doll

by Anonymousreply 163December 30, 2021 8:31 PM

She looks obese. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 164December 30, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote]She looks obese. Enough said.

Fat and stupid is no way to go through life.

by Anonymousreply 165December 31, 2021 1:33 AM

Another unvaxxed couple dead of covid. The husband had diabetes and his sister said "he wanted to wait and do more research". I roll my eyes whenever people use the whole "wanted to do more research" crap excuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 31, 2021 3:17 AM

Oh, wow, I feel terr—

Hey, look at that! The rain stopped and the sun is coming out. Fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 167December 31, 2021 12:38 PM

The woman at r161 looks like she's smelling cookies.

by Anonymousreply 168December 31, 2021 1:26 PM

[quote]The husband had diabetes and his sister said "he wanted to wait and do more research."

Damn! If only that MacArthur grant had come through in time, he might still be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 169December 31, 2021 5:57 PM

Whoops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 4, 2022 2:36 PM

The anti-vax DA had a huge forehead.

by Anonymousreply 171January 4, 2022 6:44 PM

[quote]The anti-vax DA had a huge forehead.

And yet, ironically, apparently had a tiny brain.

by Anonymousreply 172January 4, 2022 8:44 PM

Idiot antivaxxers everywhere including tennis player Novak Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 173January 6, 2022 1:15 AM

Another Herman Cain Award winner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 6, 2022 7:55 PM

But he looks so healthy in that picture!

by Anonymousreply 175January 6, 2022 7:57 PM

Kuzma broadcast on the FROG network which stands for Fully Rely on God. I guess Kuzma made God mad and He wanted him dead.

by Anonymousreply 176January 6, 2022 8:06 PM

I fully rely on god to kill these evil Repugs because they’re too stupid to get a vaccine for a deadly illness.

Every time they get force-fed their own evil words, I say a little prayer of thanks.

by Anonymousreply 177January 6, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote]Anti-Vax Podcaster Who Got COVID at a Conspiracy Conference Has Died

Have others stepped in to carry on his great work?

by Anonymousreply 178January 6, 2022 8:23 PM

I kind of want Paxlovid to be delayed so the virus can remove more Republican trash.

by Anonymousreply 179January 6, 2022 8:27 PM

How many people are in the hallway on a gurney waiting for a bed while this clown's in the ICU?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 7, 2022 2:23 PM

Well, no one now.

He dayd.

by Anonymousreply 181January 7, 2022 2:30 PM

Shockingly, he was really quite fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 7, 2022 6:48 PM

Another ECMO begging family. Guy has six kids and is on a vent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 9, 2022 1:27 AM

Omg, R183. Six kids and another on way. I guess it's a safe assumption he isn't vaccinated since he's only 36 years old.

by Anonymousreply 184January 9, 2022 6:53 AM

“It only kills the olds and those with underlying conditions!!”

Whoops. Guess they were wrong about that.

by Anonymousreply 185January 9, 2022 12:40 PM

Whitney Houston - Why does it hurt so bad, from Waiting To Exhale soundtrack. This was at her peak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 9, 2022 1:32 PM

Shit! Sorry, wrong thread again. I’m sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 187January 9, 2022 1:33 PM

Mr. Rocha, if you survive, it's time for a vasectomy.

by Anonymousreply 188January 9, 2022 4:36 PM

R185 someone needs to make a shirt "If you have more than one chin, you have an underlying condition you dumb cunt"

by Anonymousreply 189January 9, 2022 4:48 PM

Teenager loses most of family after she is the only one with the sense to get vaccinated.

“I was the only vaccinated one in my family,” she said. “I told them to go to the hospital and they didn’t listen to me. I knew something bad was going to happen.”

Sara Golembiewski said they all had underlying conditions. Her mother suffered from lupus, hypothyroidism, and diabetes. Her father was obese and suffered from lupus, heart problems, and diabetes. Her aunt also had diabetes and lupus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 9, 2022 4:51 PM

R186, the title fits in well here.

by Anonymousreply 191January 9, 2022 5:50 PM

Another Herman Cain Award winner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 11, 2022 2:18 AM

Vaccination doesn't make much of a difference -- except to prevent severe symptoms. But of course you'll all disagree, and get your 4th, 5th, and 6th...and......92nd boosters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 11, 2022 2:25 AM

r193, and you'll be dead, just like all those right-wing talk radio guys

by Anonymousreply 194January 11, 2022 2:35 AM

Um, “severe symptoms” like death? You were dropped on your head as a baby, weren’t you?

by Anonymousreply 195January 11, 2022 2:38 AM

R187. I didn’t realise you had posted on the wrong thread. I thought you were commenting on their pain and breathing difficulties.

by Anonymousreply 196January 11, 2022 2:42 AM

R193 is a Qcumber.

by Anonymousreply 197January 11, 2022 2:45 AM

Oh r193, your post was the most idiotic post on DL for a long, long, long, long, long time. Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 198January 11, 2022 3:03 AM

[quote]Vaccination doesn't make much of a difference -- except to prevent severe symptoms.

Was this supposed to be a joke? Because it may be the stupidest remark I've ever read on DL.

by Anonymousreply 199January 11, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote] Vaccination doesn't make much of a difference [bold]-- except to prevent severe symptoms.[/bold]

Duh!

by Anonymousreply 200January 11, 2022 12:09 PM

Eriksen went to be with Jesus on December 17 2021. I hope his relatives kept the receipts for his Christmas gifties.

by Anonymousreply 201January 11, 2022 2:30 PM

Nice timing! Jeebus’ birthday was a couple days later. He was there to kick back and celebrate with him with some beer, joints, and porn.

by Anonymousreply 202January 11, 2022 5:18 PM

Can they return his Christmas grifts?

by Anonymousreply 203January 11, 2022 6:04 PM

R198 and friends: Did ANY of you idiots actually READ THE STUDY?

by Anonymousreply 204January 12, 2022 7:22 AM

Oh we did, r204. And your post. The question is—did YOU read the study? The one that says the vaccines prevent severe illness? The one you posted? The one where you said vaccines don’t make much of a difference? I think the difference between severe and non-severe is pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 205January 12, 2022 12:37 PM

r193 / r204 Nope... r198 and friends certainly did not read your study as that would be blasphemous to their Branch Covidian Death Cult.

Next time... could you please post about an irresponsible rightwing anti-vaxxer dying and leaving young children behind?

by Anonymousreply 206January 12, 2022 12:38 PM

Have any porn performers bit it yet? There were a few Trumpers in the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 207January 12, 2022 1:56 PM

Mensa has lost another of its members to Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 21, 2022 12:01 AM

Derek passed away unexpectedly early Tuesday morning. Calvin said good night to his dad around midnight, and at 1:30 a.m. Derek went to tell Calvin that an ambulance was on its way, right before collapsing to the floor. Derek died of Cardiac Arrest due to a blood clot, six days after receiving his second Covid-19 vaccine. The vaccine was listed as a secondary cause of death on his death certificate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 21, 2022 12:11 AM

So sad about the millions who have died from getting the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 210January 21, 2022 1:20 AM

Oh, hi, Qcumber @R206!

by Anonymousreply 211January 21, 2022 2:15 AM

Apologies, meant for the covidiot @R209.^^

by Anonymousreply 212January 21, 2022 2:16 AM

No fundraiser that I'm aware of, but here's a rare gay (dead) anti-vaxxer in the wild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 21, 2022 11:56 AM

TMZ is reporting that Meatloaf died of Covid, and that he recently railed against vaccine mandates. Gee, I wonder—was he vaccinated??

by Anonymousreply 214January 21, 2022 12:28 PM

Meatloaf was most likely vaccinated since he was working on a new TV show.

by Anonymousreply 215January 21, 2022 5:07 PM

Kyle is still in a holding pattern, but his baseline is dropping from update to update.

[quote]The emotional rollercoaster of potential offers that don't go through has been discouraging for Kyle and he feels more emotionally exhausted after being in the hospital for over four months now.

But at least he didn't have to suffer through 24 hours with a mildly achy arm. There's alway a silver lining.

[quote]Pray that God would open another door for the perfect, healthy set of lungs for Kyle very soon.

Translation: Dear God, please cause a car accident in which the door pops open to provide an unimpeded trajectory for the lungs' disposable packaging as it's ejected headfirst onto the road, causing massive head trauma while leaving the rest of the packaging and its contents untouched. Do this for Kyle. Amen.

by Anonymousreply 216January 21, 2022 8:08 PM

He was not vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 217January 22, 2022 12:43 AM

Meat Loaf is the latest celebrity Covid denier dead from Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 22, 2022 4:56 AM

Same narrative over and over again. Whoever is against it dies from it.

by Anonymousreply 219January 22, 2022 7:34 AM

Sometimes, I think humanity is genuinely too stupid to survive much longer, or at least a significant portion of it.

by Anonymousreply 220January 22, 2022 6:23 PM

Promise, R220?

by Anonymousreply 221January 22, 2022 6:26 PM

I wish I could R221, starting with every Republican in this country.

by Anonymousreply 222January 22, 2022 6:37 PM

Another unvaxxed parent dies and leaves behind a bunch of kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 23, 2022 2:07 AM

I'd love to have one of those Go Fund Me things and get tens of thousands of dollars! I just have to figure out how I can do it without dying of COVID.

by Anonymousreply 224January 23, 2022 1:26 PM

Six kids and pregnant with a seventh, but a free vaccine was a bridge too far.

Zero sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 225January 23, 2022 5:17 PM

A 27-year-old with six children? Was she a member of the Duggar family?

by Anonymousreply 226January 23, 2022 5:31 PM

[quote]“Me and my wife, we talked about it,” Rico told the Houston TV station. “She was pregnant and so she had some concerns. It all happened so fast and it was being pushed on us very fast and she just didn’t want — she didn’t feel comfortable and so I wasn’t going to go against her wishes.”

On the plus side, she no longer feels uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 227January 23, 2022 5:34 PM

Who the fuck has sis kids by age 27? Have these people not heard of birth control? Christ!

by Anonymousreply 228January 23, 2022 5:42 PM

^ six not sis

by Anonymousreply 229January 23, 2022 5:42 PM

And hubby is a lardass too.

by Anonymousreply 230January 23, 2022 5:51 PM

Jesus needed another angel, but got Crystal Hernandez instead.

by Anonymousreply 231January 23, 2022 6:31 PM

Some of these covid related GoFundMes won't cover all the needs the people have.

Kyle's medical bills are going to be a lot more than 250k his family is trying to raise. I feel like an asshole for saying this, but I wish hospitals would try and go after Kyle or the families of unvaxxed deceased people to recoup as much money as possible.

by Anonymousreply 232January 23, 2022 8:29 PM

It's still too new, and as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a breakdown of ECMO costs specifically for COVID patients awaiting a double-lung transplant, but I can give you an idea of what it cost pre-pandemic:

It was running just over $1.6 million per month for a lung-transplant patient. Back in the good old days of 2019, the average length of stay in the hospital prior to transplant was 35 days, with only about 9 of those on ECMO. It was always meant as a bridge to transplant; never as long-term life support.

Kyle has been on ECMO since mid-September.

Before COVID, most transplant patients had time to prepare themselves. They were at home, exercising and working with physical therapists to get themselves into the best possible condition prior to transplant. We're in new territory with these patients who are lingering on ECMO for months and months; who, if they're lucky, build up to a short daily walk down the hall. Even that is an ordeal for them and they end up exhausted, and worse.

There have always been serious ethical concerns with ECMO and when/how it should be discontinued, but what's happening now is far beyond what prompted those concerns.

by Anonymousreply 233January 23, 2022 9:34 PM

Thanks r233. I can also say that lungs, unlike hearts and livers, are much rarer re transplants. It was difficult enough before to find compatible lungs, I can’t imagine how much more difficult it is now. I know two people who died on the lung transplant list while waiting.

by Anonymousreply 234January 23, 2022 11:54 PM

I suppose it’s unethical for them to reserve the lungs for someone who has a genetic disorder that’s beyond their control as opposed to someone suffering from what could have been prevented.

I remember the outcry when Mickey Mantle received a liver transplant. The prevailing attitude was he was a drunk who did it to himself.

by Anonymousreply 235January 24, 2022 12:04 AM

Didn't people bitch about Larry Hagman getting a liver transplant?

by Anonymousreply 236January 24, 2022 12:12 AM

I don’t know, but I’m sure it’s possible. I don’t think Hagman was as much of a public drinker as Mantle was.

Larry was an alcoholic, but most didn’t see him and immediately think “drunk party boy.”

by Anonymousreply 237January 24, 2022 12:16 AM

Livers are easier to find. For one, you can donate part of your liver to someone who’s compatible—both will grow into full-size livers. I know someone who was a raging alcoholic who received a partial liver transplant from his son. He had to jump through hoops re sobriety, but he was approved in the end.

by Anonymousreply 238January 24, 2022 12:34 AM

[quote] For one, you can donate part of your liver to someone who’s compatible—both will grow into full-size livers.

Well, I’ll be damned. The stuff you learn on DL, I swear.

I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 239January 24, 2022 1:56 PM

Mickey Mantle also had metastatic cancer. He shouldn't have been on the transplant list for that reason, not because he was a recovering alcoholic. Larry Hagman was pretty aggressive about his recovery program and obviously was very successful. He lived a long time with his transplant.

Pulmonary patients can also receive live donor transplants. My colleague's daughter had Cystic Fibrosis. She was able to receive a lung lobe donation from her mother and one from a neighbor who matched.

by Anonymousreply 240January 24, 2022 5:39 PM

R240, that’s correct, but the lungs obviously don’t grow like the liver does. If you donate a lung, you’re left with one lung. Why can’t a family member donate a lobe to Kyle??

by Anonymousreply 241January 24, 2022 6:25 PM

One of the big "bridge to nowhere" ECMO cases also involved cancer. It was a teenage boy who was on ECMO awaiting a double-lung transplant for CF. He was good spirits, doing schoolwork, playing video games, talking to his friends, etc. But then he was diagnosed with cancer, which took him out of consideration for a transplant.

There was a fight over what should happen next. One side argued was that he was being kept alive solely by ECMO and as it had only been a bridge to a transplant, not a means of long-term life support, he should be removed from it immediately.

The other side argued that although he was being kept alive by ECMO, his quality of life was such that it warranted keeping him alive. Also, patients receiving dialysis or mechanical ventilation are dependent on machinery and this should be no different.

The first side came back with: if keeping this kid on ECMO is appropriate, why not just put every patient in respiratory failure on it and let them live out their days?

In the end, rather than removing him, they just let it run without performing the normal maintenance. As clots built up inside the oxygenator, it gradually failed and he died.

by Anonymousreply 242January 24, 2022 6:29 PM

Question…if you’re on ECMO are you conscious? As opposed to being on a ventilator.

by Anonymousreply 243January 24, 2022 7:46 PM

Since R242 stated the kid was playing video games and doing homework, I believe it is safe to assume you are conscious.

by Anonymousreply 244January 24, 2022 7:48 PM

Thanks r244, I did see that but wasn’t sure if some are conscious and some are sedated. That has to be pretty crazy to be conscious.

by Anonymousreply 245January 24, 2022 7:50 PM

That’s horrible r242. Death by negligence? Was the cancer so untreatable?

by Anonymousreply 246January 24, 2022 8:06 PM

R243, some are sedated to varying degrees; some are wide awake, going for walks, and are completely aware of their situation.

The latter tends to be a huge mindfuck because when non-COVID patients are put on ECMO, they’re suddenly oxygenated to a degree they haven’t experienced in a very long time…or maybe ever.

They feel better than ever, yet they know they’re dying.

R246, that’s the only agreement both sides come to as he would never be able to live outside the ICU. An ECMO patient requires staffing that far exceeds what’s needed for a ventilated patient.

by Anonymousreply 247January 24, 2022 8:20 PM

R241, you are correct, transplanted lungs don't "grow" like liver tissue. However, live donors donate a lobe (standardly a lower lobe), not an entire lung.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 24, 2022 10:41 PM

Coulda, shoulda, woulda....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 27, 2022 6:57 AM

[quote]The page pays tribute to a "funny, caring loving, smart, amazing human being," who "only wanted to bring laughter and joy to those around him."

I would question the "smart" part.

by Anonymousreply 250January 27, 2022 7:34 AM

I love the Sorry AntiVaxxer site.....It is wonderful to put a face to some of the stupidity......LINK to a Gay Conservative who is now (presumably) wheezing in the Great Beyond.....He posted on FB he wasn't getting the vaccine...Bye Sweetie Pie!!...Enjoy your death!!...Spoiler Alert--->>TRUMP never loved you.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 27, 2022 7:51 AM

I have family who refuse to get vaccinated and at this point...if you die, you die. Not my problem.

by Anonymousreply 252January 27, 2022 4:40 PM

I like what Michael Robideau's (R251) niece wrote at the end of the link, urging antivaxxers to learn from her mother's and uncle's mistake.

[quote]This is Heather, Pat's daughter. She is gone. Mom passed away on Thursday night at 8:57pm at Virtua Hospital Mt Holly. She was willfully unvaccinated and died of Covid. The hospitals in NJ are on lockdown with no visitation allowed so she died alone. It was not a good death. She remained in denial until the very end- initially refusing treatment because of misinformation on Facebook, refusing the ventilator, demanding that the oxygen readings were wrong. She suffered in a hospital bed, alone, wearing mittens tied to the bed so she could not rip her oxygen off while a facemask forced tornado like air into her face nonstop. My strong, amazing mother was rendered powerless in the face of her own mortality all because she did not get a simple shot in the arm. She was only 70. She was healthy. Like some of you she took vitamins and she believed that her god was protecting her from the virus. Now she is gone. Her unvaccinated brother is gone. Everything is not a conspiracy. Learn from Michael and Pat's mistakes and value your own life enough to give yourself a fighting chance against this virus. I tried everything for the past 18 months to convince her to get the shot. But she loved her misguided beliefs more than she loved her life. For her sake, I hope that heaven is real and that she is with her father Larry and brother Mike right now.

by Anonymousreply 253January 27, 2022 6:36 PM

I truly don't get the "god will protect me" crowd. Um...have none of you ever lost a god-fearing loved one to cancer? Or a car wreck? Or any of the other many many ways that people died prematurely before COVID?

by Anonymousreply 254January 27, 2022 6:45 PM

I guess they believe in destiny, R254 - if someone dies of a disease, then it was meant to be. It was God's will. Of course, the antivaxxers don't believe she died of covid at all.

by Anonymousreply 255January 27, 2022 6:48 PM

It reminds of the old story (I know I’ve seen it here) of the guy in a flood standing on his roof. He turns down a boat, a plane and a helicopter, saying “God will protect me.” Of course he dies, and when he gets to heaven, he asks God why he didn’t save him. God says, “I sent you a boat, a plane and a helicopter!”

I’ve gotten to the point of not caring.

by Anonymousreply 256January 27, 2022 7:53 PM

The woman who wrote the post at r283 is a very strong woman. I hope she is alright.

by Anonymousreply 257January 27, 2022 7:54 PM

Interestingly, I found the woman who passed on Facebook. Someone (probably her daughter) superimposed a graphic over her profile photo that says Vaccines Save Lives and Disinformation is Deadly. It's definitely her, btw.

by Anonymousreply 258January 27, 2022 8:32 PM

BREAKING----->>The Anti Vaxxers have created their own version of YouTube.....It's called Brand New Tube!!.....And let me just say it is BatShitz Loony!!....Not for the easily nauseous...oh my.....It is the epitome of right wing stupidity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259January 29, 2022 3:21 AM

I’m assuming this one is known.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 29, 2022 3:30 AM

I guess I can't kiss your ass now.

Sincerely,

The Governor

by Anonymousreply 261January 29, 2022 4:19 AM

[quote]Robert LaMay, the ex-Washington state trooper who said the governor could “kiss his ass” over the state’s vaccine mandate, has died.

I guess Heaven needed another asshole.

by Anonymousreply 262January 29, 2022 4:37 AM

Words of wisdom from genius, Robert LaMay. Surprise, surprise. He's religious and against other vaccines, like the one for influenza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263January 29, 2022 5:14 AM

Fox News confirms LaMay's death from covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 29, 2022 5:21 AM

Has the governor commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 265January 29, 2022 5:54 AM

Kid Rock has announced that he won't perform at any venue that requires masks or proof of vaccination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 29, 2022 6:02 AM

My God, R266. How many of these antivaxx idiots are there. There must be millions.

by Anonymousreply 267January 29, 2022 7:08 AM

Kid Rock needs to get out there and tour....Quit talking big and start meeting your fans!!....

by Anonymousreply 268January 29, 2022 8:30 AM

R266 in other words, he’s not performing. Companies are enforcing mask and vaccine mandates because they don’t want a bunch of people getting Covid at their business and suing them.

by Anonymousreply 269January 29, 2022 2:03 PM

That Washington trooper story made my day. Thanks for providing the good news pick-me-up.

by Anonymousreply 270January 29, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote]in other words, he’s not performing.

I doubt he performs anywhere except maybe at Trump rallies.

by Anonymousreply 271January 29, 2022 6:42 PM

County-fair season is coming up and didn't Smash Mouth break up after the singer started sieg-heiling and shrieking about vaccines between songs?

If so, Kid Rock is positioned to control 100% of the deep-fried-butter circuit and inherit all of Smash Mouth's groupies. Both of which will make him even more appealing to the base when he's named as Trump's running mate in 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 29, 2022 7:37 PM

[quote]County-fair season is coming up

It's fall already?

by Anonymousreply 273January 29, 2022 7:38 PM

Kid Rock is coming to Columbus Ohio in April....Our Covid rate is out of control....It is so bad Columbus is one of the largest cities in the US with a mandatory mask ordinance. He has a good chance for Covid in Columbus. Fingers Crossed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 30, 2022 5:02 AM

The Sorry Antivaxxer page about Washington state trooper Robert LaMay.

The page includes a 17 minute interview he did with radio station KIT. He was only two and a half years away from retirement when he was fired for refusing to get vaccinated. What a goof. As mentioned before, the thing that he has in common with many of the people on this thread is that he's very religious.

He grossly exaggerates the side effects and even deaths caused by covid vaccines. He says he knows people who have died of the vaccine, a person who is now on a heart monitor after being vaccinated and someone who had half his/her face paralyzed. He says that the number of people who die after an allergic reaction to the vaccine is being covered up.

Of course, when you vaccinate millions of people, there will be some who develop serious side effects and some who die but this is a very small number compared to the number of people who have been helped by the vaccine.

In the case of Robert LaMay, not being vaccinated had a very serious side effect --- death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275February 1, 2022 8:47 PM

^[quote]he's very religious

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 276February 1, 2022 8:52 PM

[quote]He grossly exaggerates the side effects and even deaths caused by covid vaccines.

Apparently LaMay was doing his own research. And was very bad at it.

by Anonymousreply 277February 1, 2022 8:53 PM

Lol, R276 and R277.

by Anonymousreply 278February 1, 2022 8:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279February 1, 2022 11:10 PM

R275. Well, he didn’t end up needing his pension anyway so he really wasn’t so stupid after all.

by Anonymousreply 280February 2, 2022 7:35 AM

[quote]One blessing that Kyle had this past week was being prayed over by two pastors from Mozambique. One of Kyle’s friends who is a youth pastor in Los Angeles reached out to them about his situation and they were able to visit and pray a powerful prayer of healing over him. Kyle said when they prayed over him, he felt something very warm come over him, an experience he's never had in his life. Please pray for the healing and restoration of Kyle's lungs, whether that's through the transplant surgery or through God's miraculous healing power!

I'm just going to ignore the part about something warm coming over him.

If god's miraculous healing power can give him new lungs, why have him listed in the first place? Why so little faith?

by Anonymousreply 281February 4, 2022 1:32 AM

Robert LaMay's donations have gone through the roof now that he's died. In the link at R275, only $3510 had been raised on a $10,000 goal.

Now they have raised more than $56,000 on a $12,500 goal, which is supposed to go to his family.

Of course, the person who started the fundraiser doesn't clearly say that he died of covid. Too embarrassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282February 6, 2022 9:14 PM

Shouldn't LaMay's family be pulling themselves up by their bootstraps?

by Anonymousreply 283February 6, 2022 9:25 PM

Haha. True, R283. Right wing hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 284February 6, 2022 11:11 PM

LaMay family has gathered $60,000 at this time. Then again, it's not a huge amount of money that will last the widow and their kids a long time.

by Anonymousreply 285February 9, 2022 5:59 AM

If any of the LaMay kids are under 18, they will collect survivor's social security until they are 18 and the widow will collect her portion until the youngest child turns 16. The family will have other sources of income for a bit. I wonder if the widow has a job. If she does, it's another source of income. This family probably won't be in a difficult financial situation and I bet a bunch of anti-vax right wingers will probably give them cash.

by Anonymousreply 286February 9, 2022 2:00 PM

I give this woman credit for encouraging vaccination for pregnant women. But, she sounds like she was a total smug entitled pregnant woman. That Garfunkel and Oates song probably described her well. I wonder if she and her husband will end up in severe debt due to all her medical bills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 10, 2022 1:14 AM

Do you mean Simon and Garfunkel or Hall and Oates, R287?

by Anonymousreply 288February 10, 2022 7:01 AM

"Rich Girl" by Hall and Oates?

by Anonymousreply 289February 10, 2022 1:55 PM

If Diana Crouch and her husband went to Vegas while she was pregnant, they obviously weren't the least bit concerned about catching covid. They were just concerned about the vaccine doing harm, like true antivvaxxers. Looks like Texas has more than its share of these people.I do a feel a bit sorry for her for all that she went through.

by Anonymousreply 290February 10, 2022 2:09 PM

R290 They kind of remind of this guy who said he was going to wait a year to get vaccinated. Yet, he along with his fiancee and kids went on a short vacation and he became ill afterwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291February 10, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote]Jessica DuPreez never considered herself an anti-vaxxer. But now she regrets not getting vaccinated for COVID-19 sooner.

But cha are, Jessica. Ya are an anti-vaxxer.

by Anonymousreply 292February 10, 2022 7:13 PM

[quote]“I do believe in vaccines; I do believe wholeheartedly in this one,” DuPreez said. “We just wanted to wait like one year to see what everybody’s reactions were.”

A.k.a. "doing their own research."

by Anonymousreply 293February 10, 2022 7:19 PM

It’s too early. It will take two years for the vaccinated to die, as per the UN Global Depopulation Survey.

by Anonymousreply 294February 10, 2022 7:36 PM

R288 There's a comedy duo band called Garfunkel and Oates.

by Anonymousreply 295February 10, 2022 9:04 PM

pandemics thin the herd. We are just fortunate enough to live in a time when they could come up with a vaccine. But in order for the thinning to work you have to have a certain amount of people who aren't willing to take the vaccine. So now their lives are a crap shoot. I think far, far more people have died all over the world then what is being reported and the thinning is working. The herd is now divided in two. Let the unvaccinated be. It is going to continue to come around to get as many as possible. Their choice.

by Anonymousreply 296February 10, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote] “I do believe in vaccines; I do believe wholeheartedly in this one,” DuPreez said. “We just wanted to wait like one year to see what everybody’s reactions were.”

In one of the past anti-vax threads, there was a story posted about unvaxxed teacher in Illinois who died of covid. Her family pedaled some excuse how she had been "doing research" and was waiting to get vaxxed before the school year started. I also think those excuses or claims are usually bullshit that the families say to sort of save face.

by Anonymousreply 297February 10, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote] I also think those excuses or claims are usually bullshit that the families say to sort of save face.

Very true, R297.

by Anonymousreply 298February 10, 2022 11:31 PM

Ah okay, R295. First time I've heard of them.

by Anonymousreply 299February 10, 2022 11:33 PM

This is the song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 11, 2022 12:03 AM

[quote] I think far, far more people have died all over the world then what is being reported

Oh, dear.

[quote] Her family pedaled some excuse

Were they riding a bicycle? Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 301February 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Yes, R301.

Writing "then" instead of "than" makes Baby Jesus cry. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 302February 11, 2022 7:46 PM

There were two updates on Kyle yesterday.

Snippet from first update

[quote]Another BIG update is that his transplant team just informed Kyle today that there is another potential offer of lungs! They have him scheduled to go down to the OR today at 8 PM to get ready in case the lungs are good to go. If all goes well, Kyle will wake up tomorrow with new lungs! Please pray that this pair of lungs are perfectly healthy for transplant and that this will be the final offer Kyle would need. We won't know for sure until the middle of the night what the condition of the lungs is. Pray for the surgical team and for no complications during the long surgery. Pray that God will protect Kyle and give him strength, courage, and peace tonight! We will post another update tomorrow on what happens. May God continue to open doors and perform miracles in Kyle's recovery!

Later update

[quote] 2/16/22 After waiting a few hours tonight, we just got the news that the offer was another dry run, unfortunately. The quality of lungs wasn't in great condition, and the doctors won't go through with the surgery unless they knew it was in perfect condition to give Kyle the best chances post-transplant. Please continue to pray for another offer to appear soon! In the meantime, Kyle will try to get another good night's rest, look forward to another good day, and trust in God's perfect timing.

by Anonymousreply 303February 18, 2022 4:04 AM

If Kyle ever gets a double lung transplant, you just know his family won't mention anything about the donor's family and friends losing a loved one.

by Anonymousreply 304February 18, 2022 4:06 AM

They haven’t uttered a single word about organs coming from living, breathing human beings who were caring enough to become donors, so why start now?

Kyle’s lungs are being kept alive in totally expendable life-support system until “God’s perfect timing” kicks in.

Likewise, Daddy was eulogized direct from the ECMO bed without any mention that he died from COVID. What are the odds that anyone in that crew is a registered donor?

by Anonymousreply 305February 18, 2022 4:50 AM

The hypocrisy of Fox News which makes heroes of antivaxxers for ratings and monetary gain, while taking covid very seriously behind the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306February 19, 2022 8:30 AM

I read some of the comments on Robert LaMay on sorryantivaxxer.com and plenty of people pointed out about how FOX News never mentioned anything about LaMay's death and how Lawrence O'Donnell from MSNBC donated 10k to the gufundme and called out the FOX News hosts.

by Anonymousreply 307February 20, 2022 2:55 AM

R307, it's truly repulsive how Fox News makes heroes of antivaxxers and praises freedom of choice for ratings. I don't know how Fox commentators can sleep at night. One side of the political spectrum should not deliberately be spreading misinformation, especially when it can cost people their lives. Fox should be stressing the safety and effectiveness of covid vaccines and strongly urging everyone to get vaccinated (except those who can't for medical reasons, obviously).

I guess O'Donnell felt sorry for the widow and kids if he donated money.

by Anonymousreply 308February 20, 2022 3:34 AM

[quote] Please continue to pray for another offer to appear soon!

Like they’re trying to sell a house.

by Anonymousreply 309February 20, 2022 2:42 PM

I've known many religious people and they don't come off as weird and awkward as Kyle's family does in their prayer requests and the GFM posts. But, I think overall, Kyle's family and the relative who is updating the GFM are people who have gotten by quite easy in life for a long time due to having upper middle class status. They don't realize the world doesn't revolve around precious Kyle and it's pretty clear that they can't accept that not everything can happen when you want it to happen. The GFM post give off vibes of naivete.

I figured they were entitled assholes back when they kept talking months ago about how they wanted Kyle to get into the San Diego transplant program even though a hospital in Florida and one in another state accepted him into their programs. The family's excuse was about there were relatives in the SD area. I get that sometimes you really want to be near loved ones who can help out. However, there were probably people at the hospital in Louisiana and other states outside California bending over backwards trying to get Kyle into any transplant program and they had to deal with the family's geographic demands. Kyle's dumb ass entitled family will likely never realize that Kyle's stays in ICUs and other hospital programs like physical therapy screwed over other people who needed treatments, ICU bed, resources due to non covid illnesses or accidents. As much Kyle's family post pictures of smiling doctors, nurses, and therapists with Kyle, you just know at least one of those healthcare professionals probably fucking hates that unvaxxed patients like Kyle have caused huge strains on the system.

I was looking through Kyle's instagram awhile ago he's been posting several pics from a Hawaii trip from last summer. I saw the post he did for his dad in late December. Pre-covid health crisis, his instagram mostly consisted of various pics of trips back to Hawaii and music events he was attending in New Orleans, grad school life, dental mission trips with Dentist Dad to other countries, gigs he played in different cities. It seemed like he had a mostly carefree life where he could do whatever he wanted. I would say his privileged upper middle class lifestyle is pretty much done. If he gets a double lung transplant, he'll be immunocompromised for life and might have some degree of disability. Also, add in the chance that the hospitals will go after him to get bills paid. It's possible money his family had via Dentist Dad has mostly been depleted.

by Anonymousreply 310February 20, 2022 7:13 PM

Could someone who’s been hospitalised as long as Kyle really recover, even if he gets the new lungs?

by Anonymousreply 311February 20, 2022 8:23 PM

It depends on what you mean by “recover.” Double-lung recipients fare better than single and he started out young and healthy, so he has that much going for him.

But…COVID doesn’t only affect the lungs, and the future most likely holds many cardiac, hemodynamic, and renal surprises.

While we have an idea of what to expect in the aftermath of long-term ECMO, long-term ECMO was a mere 28 days. What eventually happens with these COVID patients who are racking up month upon month is a complete unknown.

Then there’s the immunosuppressant cocktail—which a lot of transplant patients claim is the worst part of the whole ordeal—that he’ll be on for the rest of his life; fifteen or so years.

by Anonymousreply 312February 20, 2022 11:47 PM

[quote] hemodynamic

The Dodge engine?

by Anonymousreply 313February 22, 2022 6:31 PM

It looks like Kyle is getting a lung transplant and as usual his entitled dumb ass family doesn't care about the families and friends of organ donors losing a loved one. I wonder if the donor's family will somehow find out about this vapid family.

[quote] After almost six months of being in the ICU, 165 days on ECMO, and almost three months of waiting on the transplant list, today is the day! Everything seems good to go and Kyle just went down to the OR to get all ready for surgery! Please keep Kyle in your prayers the whole day as it will be a very long surgery. Pray that nothing will go wrong and that God's mighty hand will be upon the surgical team. We will continue to give an update once the surgery is complete. God is so good!

by Anonymousreply 314March 4, 2022 5:18 AM

Geez. The Kyle saga just goes on and on and on. Thank you for the update, though, R314.

by Anonymousreply 315March 4, 2022 7:02 AM

Update for Kyle Park from March 3, 2022:

"Thank you so much for all of your prayers today! After almost 11 long hours in the OR, Kyle was able to receive his double lung transplant, praise God! The surgeon said Kyle had a lot of damaged lung tissue stuck to his chest cavity which took a while to clear out, but now he has a healthy set of new lungs! There was a lot of bleeding during this complex operation, so he needed to receive a lot of blood products, but the amount of bleeding from his new chest tubes after the surgery isn't too much. Thankfully, the first lab results look good so far. He was finally able to get off of ECMO after 165 days! His team is working hard to watch over him tonight to make sure he stabilizes while under sedation. They plan to wake up him temporarily tomorrow morning to check his neurological functions and to place an epidural before putting him back to sleep. It's still a long journey ahead in this new chapter of his recovery so please pray that Kyle's body will not reject these new lungs and his body will heal well from the surgery. We can't wait to see him awake again and making great progress in the near future! God is so good!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 4, 2022 7:14 AM

I've been disgusted throughout this saga with their apparent belief that lungs grow on trees and god just rolls up "in his perfect timing" and plucks a pair of ripe ones from a branch. But now I'm virtually in shock that after all of their prayer demands, there hasn't been one for the donor/donor's family; not even a thank-you. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

My normal work is in clinical trials, but when recruiting dried up during the pandemic and things were put on hold, I took an ICU locum position because I thought it was the right thing to do. I can honesty say, I have never seen a family like this one. Never. One of my subspecialties is nephrology, so I was dealing with AKI and every other type of kidney involvement imaginable in ventilated COVID patients. In other words, I've broken the news to a lot of families that their loved one was going to need a kidney transplant.

Once they were over the initial shock, every one of them wanted to talk to me about how grateful they were that this was even an option. Before there even was a donor, normal families were fully cognizant of the import of the gift they would (hopefully) receive and they grieved in advance for another family, just like theirs, whose worst day would become their best. There was no joy—only gratitude, hope, fear, sadness, and a level of internal conflict which was almost excruciating to behold. And then we have this:

[quote]We can't wait to see him awake again and making great progress in the near future! God is so good!

Seriously, fuck them and their gloating in the face of others' loss.

by Anonymousreply 317March 4, 2022 8:20 AM

I am baffled how Kyle was able to qualify for and receive a double-lung transplant. And the entitlement, selfishness and arrogance from his family is appalling. I shouldn’t want his transplant to fail, but there is a part of me that does.

by Anonymousreply 318March 4, 2022 8:27 AM

R318, every candidate receives a lung allocation score which is used in conjunction with blood-tissue typing, body size, and distance between their hospital and the donor's to determine who gets first dibs.

The allocation score is based on severity of illness and a whole raft of test results—and this is a big one—the candidate's ultimate chance of success. Kyle is young; started out with an unremarkable BMI; was healthy prior to COVID; and has been doing well with walking. His lungs were shot, but he appears to have had everything else going for him.

Of course the giant elephant in the room which must never be mentioned is the following question: Why are we trusting people who disregarded medical advice re: vaccines to now follow medical advice after a transplant?

by Anonymousreply 319March 4, 2022 9:27 AM

Kyle and his family have researched the composition all of the medications he will have to take for life and found all of them to be entirely free of side effects and will therefore happily comply with the maintenance regime.

by Anonymousreply 320March 4, 2022 9:45 AM

Isn’t Kyle saved? Shouldn’t he be thrilled that Covid provided him an expedited journey to heaven?

by Anonymousreply 321March 4, 2022 11:41 AM

[quote] I've been disgusted throughout this saga with their apparent belief that lungs grow on trees and god just rolls up "in his perfect timing" and plucks a pair of ripe ones from a branch. But now I'm virtually in shock that after all of their prayer demands, there hasn't been one for the donor/donor's family; not even a thank-you. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

My take on them is that they are the type of upper middle class people who have spent a large majority of their lives without any hardships. It's odd how Kyle's dad who died of covid is rarely mentioned. I posted above about looking through Kyle's instagram and his IG for the most part basically showed him traveling around and hanging out at various gigs prior to and during periods of the pandemic. I bet he never took covid seriously and his dumb ass mom made a comment in an article about how they would have been vaxed sooner if "they knew it was going to be like that". The Park family probably thought they were/are so special and nothing bad was going to happen to them because of Jesus. At this point, I'm curious if Kyle will somehow be stuck in medical debt for years to come.

The lack of concern for the donor and the family is pretty disgusting as well. Like I've mentioned before, religious I know or have known in the past are nowhere near as awkward or entitled when it comes to pray as Kyle's family is. Many people who get organs from deceased donors tend to have some degree of concern for the family and loved ones of those people.

Years ago, I considered starting a party photo booth side business and I did a lot of research into the wedding and different event industries. There's a marketing company called Wedding Wire and they have forums for people planning their weddings. The planning site and the forums were interesting to read because you could get a sense of trends and such. But, the forums were pretty much filled with many women who are entitled upper middle class brat types. Anyway, there was a woman who was a frequent poster there and often talked about having received a kidney transplant via a deceased donor. She seemed to have a good degree of gratitude for the donor and sympathy for the family. She posted some thread about how she invited the donor's family to her wedding and they declined and she seemed to be fine with that. It was surprising because in many wedding threads she acted like a spoiled brat if she didn't get her way. She still had a more than class that Kyle's clueless moron family.

by Anonymousreply 322March 4, 2022 2:07 PM

Hopefully he gets better. And then, as they are pulling out of the hospital parking lot with the entire family in their SUV with the balloons and flowers in the back, a trash truck hits them head-on.

by Anonymousreply 323March 4, 2022 3:09 PM

R323

AMEN

by Anonymousreply 324March 4, 2022 3:59 PM

I forgot that Kyle's father died of covid. Evangelical antivaxxers?

by Anonymousreply 325March 4, 2022 4:33 PM

I'm not following this Kyle saga, but Park is a common Korean surname. A lot of Koreans are hardcore Catholic/Christians.

by Anonymousreply 326March 4, 2022 4:39 PM

The majority of South Korean Christians are Protestant.

by Anonymousreply 327March 4, 2022 4:54 PM

Kyle's father died in September 2021 or later. I doubt he was fully vaxxed and had a breakthrough infection. Probably not vaxxed at all.

by Anonymousreply 328March 4, 2022 4:58 PM

"If we had known it would be like that, we would have gotten vaccinated much earlier," said Kyle's mother Eileen Park.

They're deliberately being obscure about their beliefs and who got vaccinated or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 4, 2022 5:10 PM

Give me a break. His doctors and nurses have a fighter’s spirit.

by Anonymousreply 330March 4, 2022 5:28 PM

R322 I noticed my writing errors. But, it will be surprising if the dumb ass moron family ever mentions the donor. It's fucking sad how they never associate a person to the lungs Kyle received.

by Anonymousreply 331March 4, 2022 5:54 PM

[quote]At this point, I'm curious if Kyle will somehow be stuck in medical debt for years to come.

The cost of ECMO and a double-lung transplant is so astronomical that even with the best insurance coverage, patients are commonly left in six-figure debt. And then there are the post-transplant expenses—inpatient rehab; outpatient therapy of every variety; medication; subsequent hospitalizations and rehab stay which follows each one; and all of the unforeseen expenses down the line, and there will be many.

Even CF patients who've been prepared for transplantation their entire lives have a hard time dealing with the physical, mental, and financial aftermath when it actually arrives. I guess it remains to be seen how a twenty-something who flitted around without a care in the world until COVID is going to handle all of that while facing a life expectancy of ten to fifteen (quite possibly fraught) years.

[quote]A lot of Koreans are hardcore Catholic/Christians.

This crew is involved with something called JAMA (Jesus Awakening Movement for America), which is a Korean-American group seeking to establish a theocracy in America. I don't have time to search right now, but their mission statement is....special.

by Anonymousreply 332March 4, 2022 11:18 PM

[quote] I guess it remains to be seen how a twenty-something who flitted around without a care in the world until COVID is going to handle all of that while facing a life expectancy of ten to fifteen (quite possibly fraught) years.

He'll probably keep on with his arrogant bro attitude. I doubt he or his piece of shit mom and sister will change after this ordeal. I hope one of their pastor friends calls them out for having no concern or fucking sympathy for the donor and the family.

by Anonymousreply 333March 5, 2022 2:44 AM

[quote] Kyle's father died in September 2021 or later. I doubt he was fully vaxxed and had a breakthrough infection. Probably not vaxxed at all.

The father was a dentist. I'm not sure about Hawaii, but in many lower 48 states dentists were vaccinated in early 2021. Of course, there have been some dentists, nurses, doctors, and others who have refused vaccination. But, I agree, the dad probably wasn't vaxxed at all. The mother is probably careful about what to say because it's likely the dad's patients have been following the Kyle saga and are also wondering if their now deceased dentist was vaxxed for covid.

by Anonymousreply 334March 5, 2022 3:00 AM

Thanks for the info, R334. Kyle is young so his Dad probably wasn't very old. I assume he wasn't vaccinated if he died. R332 mentions they belonged to some strange evangelical group, so who needs masks and vaccines?

by Anonymousreply 335March 5, 2022 4:02 AM

^ .... other than having to wear a mask at work as a dentist, of course.

by Anonymousreply 336March 5, 2022 4:45 AM

Finally, a crumb has been thrown to the donor's family. Finding it will be like playing a game of Where's Waldo, but it's in there.

[quote]Day 1 Post-Transplant:

[quote]When we arrived at the hospital this morning, we were pleasantly surprised to see Kyle awake, smiling, and doing well! They performed a bronchoscopy to clean out the new lungs and the doctor said that he looks great! He is doing a lot better than anticipated so he doesn't need to be put back under sedation. He feels a little weak, which is expected after such a major surgery, but he's in high spirits and we're sure he'll get stronger very soon. The anesthesia team successfully placed an epidural between his shoulder blades so that he can manage any pain. Because Kyle's been on the ventilator for so long, he hasn't been using his breathing muscles as much and will need to take time to build those back up again. However, it's already such a difference seeing the ventilator settings only be on 30% compared to 100% along with full ECMO support before transplant. His speech therapist stopped by to let him use the speaking valve, and his voice sounded louder than before now that he has more volume in his new lungs! Once they can wean him off of the ventilator to an oxygen mask over his trach tube, they will perform another swallow evaluation in a few days to see if he can safely eat and drink again. Overall, Kyle had a very successful day, praise God!

[quote]We still can't believe that the surgery was successful and Kyle is so thankful for this second chance at life and for these healthy lungs, what a miracle! Please continue to pray that Kyle will have a smooth recovery as the early stages are very critical. Please also pray for the donor's family and that they would be comforted during this time. After a long time waiting on the transplant list, Kyle now has a boost of energy and motivation to reach new milestones in his rehabilitation and recovery and we can't wait to see his progress!

by Anonymousreply 337March 5, 2022 8:00 AM

The lungs might still be rejected (after all that).

by Anonymousreply 338March 5, 2022 8:05 AM

They did mention the donor's family so they're not completely selfish and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 339March 5, 2022 8:07 AM

I would say that gloating about being allowed to break a hospital's lockdown rules, potentially exposing the staff and other patients in the process, hints at a bit of selfishness and entitlement.

The fact that they saw nothing wrong with committing such thoughts to writing while other families watched their loved ones die on FaceTime just cements it.

#GodIsGood

#Favored

#Blessed

by Anonymousreply 340March 5, 2022 9:32 AM

Kyle's family mentioning the donor and the family doesn't mean shit. They are still entitled and the posts from a couple of days ago came off as gloating when they talked about "God's timing" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 341March 5, 2022 4:04 PM

Anyone other no-vaccine fucks besides Kyle? Variety is the spice of life

by Anonymousreply 342March 5, 2022 4:05 PM

R342 Head on over to SAV or HCA on Reddit and you’ll get your fill.

by Anonymousreply 343March 5, 2022 4:29 PM

R317, that was a VERY sobering post.

Wow.

And thank you for everything.

by Anonymousreply 344March 8, 2022 12:06 PM

The latest with Kyle's prayer demanding family. It seems like they can't accept that those meds will be the ongoing price precious Kyle has to pay for the new lungs. I'm guessing the doctors are warning/telling them about the issues that are related to the meds and they don't want to accept that there's always cause and effect in life. I'm surprised the entitled family hasn't made prayer demands for people to pray that the hospitals will decrease or forgive some of the debt Kyle has racked up.

[quote] With all of the new medications he has to take daily, please pray that they won't negatively affect his other organs like his kidneys and stomach. Please continue to pray against infection as his immunity has to be suppressed in order for his body to not reject the new lungs. Please pray for him to get better sleep at night so that he can make great progress during the day. Although it's still a long and tough journey ahead, Kyle can see the light at the end of the tunnel and knows that God has sustained him through great trials in the past! Thank you for your constant prayers and support!

by Anonymousreply 345March 12, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote] Please pray for him to get better sleep at night

What’s left? Should we also pray that the family always find convenient parking when they visit him?

by Anonymousreply 346March 12, 2022 2:07 PM

No, but it wouldn’t hurt to pray that his Cheerios aren’t soggy.

Really, is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 347March 12, 2022 4:05 PM

Please pray that people remember to pray for Kyle’s lungs.

by Anonymousreply 348March 12, 2022 4:52 PM

Nice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 12, 2022 10:16 PM

Kyle "Double Lung" Transplant Boy is back home. The family better hope next cold and flu season is kind to immunocompromised Kyle.

[quote]After exactly 200 days in the hospital, Kyle was discharged on Friday! The ICU staff threw a congratulations party for Kyle and his ECMO and transplant buddy, who also was a long-term patient. We are so thankful for all of the healthcare professionals at UCSD Health who took care of Kyle for the past five months. Through all of the ups and downs before and after the transplant surgery, God has been so faithful!

[quote]Kyle had a restful weekend adjusting to his new routine at home outside the hospital. He enjoyed eating home-cooked meals, taking warm showers, and sleeping in a comfy bed. Tomorrow is his first outpatient appointment for labs and a chest x-ray. Please pray that all of his levels are within normal range so that we'll only hear good news on his first clinic appointment this Tuesday. Pray that Kyle will get good rest at night, have minimal side effects from all of the medications, and get stronger each day!

by Anonymousreply 350April 7, 2022 4:35 AM

Kyle, you're exhausting. Why didn't you die a long time ago? You would have saved your family a lot of debt.

by Anonymousreply 351April 7, 2022 6:57 AM

Former Australian Rules player and Sligo intercounty footballer Red Óg Murphy has tragically died at the age of just 21. On the morning of 1 April, reports emerged from Sligo that the young man had died suddenly in his sleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 7, 2022 10:37 AM

R352, this article says that the preponderance of evidence suggests that Mr. Murphy was triple-vaxxed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 7, 2022 6:22 PM

Yes. We know. The mass vaccine deaths are around corner.

by Anonymousreply 354April 7, 2022 6:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!