Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alec Baldwin kills, part 2

Continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 23, 2021 8:21 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 5:22 PM

The Worshipful Company of Armorers

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 5:23 PM

Has Hillary posted a photo of herself in a black bra crying with her menagerie of kids yet?

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 5:24 PM

I make Alec he favorite Espanith dith tonight- empanadath con chocolate cake icing.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 5:24 PM

Thanks OP for the new thread.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 5:27 PM

Black bra and one of those Espanola widow veil headdress.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 5:29 PM

Union says there were no members on site the day of the accident, so whoever was taking their place that day were scabs?

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 5:30 PM

I bet Hilaria was working props.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 5:31 PM

[quote]Umm, maybe you missed the part where it says he's playing a role in the movie in addition to being the director. Presumably, the character is supposed to look like that. Can you not read AT ALL?

Umm, Baldwin is not the director.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 5:34 PM

This looks terrible for Baldwin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 5:35 PM

[quote]I will wait for the official report.

And the rest of us will become TOTAL DRAMA QUEEENS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 5:37 PM

Baldwin is a PRODUCER on the film, also an actor.

There were KNOWN safety issues on the set re: guns, union members walked off the day before.

As a producer he did not address the safety concerns, merely killed a woman.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 5:37 PM

What an amateur shitshow things become when they move filming outside of LA.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 5:38 PM

I find it interesting that both the Daily Mail and AB posted a quote or a remark about her husband at exactly the same tie. It seems like AB is trying to get ahead of the lawsuits.

Her husband should sue his ass. I would.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 5:39 PM

That's it, no more movie. Bet it ain't gonna be finished.

Sounds like a shit show.

gross negligence.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 5:39 PM

[quote]Her husband should sue his ass. I would.

Of course, he's going to be sued.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 5:41 PM

So the union workers walked over $ AND safety. Bet it will be spun differently.

Baldwin was trying to run it as cheap as possible. And it cost a little boy his mom.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 5:41 PM

Fucking scabs. I work in a unionized environment and every time scabs come on the scene there's problems.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2021 5:45 PM

If the tweet in R10 is for real, Alec, as producer, is probably ruined now, financially.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2021 5:45 PM

Who's going to pay for that ridiculous litter of kids?

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2021 5:47 PM

How many kids does he have now? 12?

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2021 5:48 PM

Gee, I wonder if his wife had him set up trusts funds or education funds for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2021 5:49 PM

It's not his fault, the blame goes to the fucking scab who handed the gun without following proper protocol. This is why you don't cheap out and why you hire union pros.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2021 5:50 PM

You just know that deep down in his heart he's glad he killed someone

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2021 5:50 PM

I doubt he will be ruined financially...there are ways to hide assets. I'm sure he's transferring his assets right now...

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2021 5:50 PM

R23, he is the producer, so it is his fault.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2021 5:51 PM

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually feel sorry for the asshole. It wasn’t his fault but he’ll carry the guilt around forever.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2021 5:51 PM

He's the producer and he could have addressed the union workers concerns but he didn't. Hope the lawsuits bankrupt him.

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2021 5:51 PM

It's still the person in charge of the props fault, R26. He could be blamed for not ensuring union workers were on scene, but not for the incompetence of the scab.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2021 5:52 PM

Film productions are insured, so all damages are covered.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2021 5:55 PM

He's a narcissist. He's not gonna feel sorry for nobody...yes, of course he will "act" like it but he ain't gonna lose sleep over it over the long run.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2021 5:55 PM

The film looks like it would've been straight to VOD garbage. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2021 5:56 PM

There are people who actually believe that a union member sabotaged the gun before they walked off set — because they cared about safety on the set?!

I don’t believe that.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2021 5:56 PM

Mr. Baldwin, as part of your cost-cutting measure that resulted in union workers leaving the set to scabs, we also terminated insurance coverage.

Sincerely,

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2021 5:56 PM

Of course not, R33. That's insane. Some idiotic non union member didn't know what the fuck they were doing is what happened.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2021 5:57 PM

Concerned about safety? No. Revenge!

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2021 5:57 PM

Okay hear me out?

If I were LE I'd be looking into IATSE sabotage. To prove a point about how unsafe set conditions are. To show how incompetent and lethal scabs are. To show those other cast and crew who aren't supporting use enough how they NEED US. And only US.

The fact that the statement even mentions that no union members were on set that day is a red flag. People always give themselves away. Even if there was no union connection, they can't hide their satisfaction.

So, LE, as much of a union lover as I am, Look for the Union label . . .

Join me later for my conspiracy theory on the Golden Globes vs the goofy Broadcast Critics. Tonight at 11.

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2021 5:58 PM

I guess I should have read backwards to see that I am not alone in my delicious little theory. LOL! Oh well great minds and all that.

No one should pooh-pooh this idea. It is entirely possible. LE would be stupid not to look into that line of inquiry.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2021 6:00 PM

Was Baldwin a real producer, the sole producer, or someone who just demanded producer credit because "the film won't get made without me"?

It makes a difference in how liable he is.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2021 6:01 PM

Jesus Christ, the vengeful Trumpers have even taken over the IATSE! Poor Alec. He didn't have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2021 6:03 PM

Is *everybody* Russian or Russian-annexed these days?

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2021 6:03 PM

R33, there are people who want to destroy this country . . . wait for it . . . to save this country.

Why do we expect logic today? It is very easy to promote drastic measures to get what you want? People are increasingly stupid and ILLOGICAL.

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2021 6:04 PM

these are the Producers according to IMDB--

Produced by

Alec Baldwin ... producer

Kc Brandenstein ... co-producer

Allen Cheney ... executive producer

Matt DelPiano ... producer

Tyler Gould ... executive producer

Matthew Helderman ... executive producer

Nathan Klingher ... producer

Anjul Nigam ... producer

Emily Hunter Salveson ... executive producer

Ryan Donnell Smith ... producer

Luke Taylor ... executive producer

Ryan Winterstern ... producer

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2021 6:05 PM

"Left wing hero" murders woman on scab production. Stop worshipping these fucking hypocrites!

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2021 6:06 PM

Of course when I read a post like the one at R37, the conspiracy-theory-generating part of *my* mind says:

Oh, the Hollywood Powers That Be are going to try to use this incident to break the crew unions! The ones that are on the verge of striking because they want safe and humane working conditions? The PWB don't want to pay for safe and humane working conditions, this is clear.

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2021 6:07 PM

No way, R37. I said before that I'm union. My job isn't dangerous, but some of my colleague's jobs are.

When they've been on strike (railway workers) you wouldn't believe the shit the scabs did - they followed no safety protocols, barely understood the basic rules, caused major accidents including derailments of dangerous commodities while switching in rail yards, had head on collisions with other railway movements and so on. It's a miracle no one's been killed.

No union member would deliberately set up a dangerous workplace condition, and as much as we all hate scabs, their safety is also in jeopardy in dangerous workplace environments. These people are professionals and are very concerned about workplace health and safety.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote]I'm not admitting anything about the accident it was an accident a terrible accident, but sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry.

So comprehensive.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2021 6:09 PM

How credible are the claims that staff had walked off the set in protest?

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2021 6:10 PM

r45, that makes no sense. If anything, this bolsters the case for the importance for union crews.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2021 6:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2021 6:10 PM

r48, that's what happened.

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2021 6:10 PM

R37, even if you assume the IATSE prop master is a cold-blooded killer who loaded live ammunition into the gun before walking off the set...

It is the job of the prop master to check the gun thoroughly before it's put into the actor's hands, not to assume that whoever touched it last probably left it unloaded. So whoever was the prop master on the set the day of the accident didn't do their job. If they had, they would have found live ammo in the gun and removed it.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2021 6:14 PM

Dickhead Cheney

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2021 6:15 PM

Still no explanation why the gun was fired directly at the torso of the cinematographer.

by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote]How does a "prop" gun discharge any kind of projectile? Is it a real gun or not?

Prop does not equal fake.

Prop is short for Property, an object owned, used, eaten, handled, etc. by a character.

A prop can be a toy water pistol or a very real rifle or gun.

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2021 6:15 PM

Too bad he didn't shoot R44 instead.

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2021 6:17 PM

Just keep showing your true colors r56

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote]Dickhead Cheney

Cheney would have shot her in the back.

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2021 6:18 PM

r58, Cheney only shoots people in the face. Are you 12 years old?

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] He's a narcissist. He's not gonna feel sorry for nobody.

What a load of BS.

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2021 6:19 PM

This magazine cover should have been the end, but of course he could never go away. Too much of a narcissist freak, much like DJT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2021 6:20 PM

Of course I don't believe Baldwin knew the gun with loaded with live ammo. Has it been explained exactly what they were doing at the time? Were they actually filming a scene where he was shooting the gun and the 2 victims were somehow in the line of fire off-camera, or was Baldwin just clowning around with a gun he thought was unloaded? I have some sympathy for him if they were filming. He's been acting for a long time and people tend to it for granted that safety checks are in place. If he was fooling around I have NO sympathy for him.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2021 6:22 PM

Those celebrities on Twitter ought to zip it for now.

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2021 6:22 PM

I have no doubt ... it won't be long before he plasters his craggy old face all over another magazine, like the one at R61. Some b.s. "healing" story

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2021 6:22 PM

Accident my ass. How long till Alec offs himself over killing this poor lady.

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2021 6:22 PM

Narcissists don't off themselves over killing people accidentally! Or deliberately. They don't concern themselves with other people's lives, although sometimes they listen enough to their publicists to make a show of caring.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2021 6:24 PM

I mean...how the fuck did he also shoot another person? UNLESS he was being...Alec Baldwin...and aiming at them both in a fit of rage because it was getting close to lunch and they weren't working fast enough?

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2021 6:25 PM

I keep wondering, what if this had happened on the set of I Love Lucy?

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2021 6:26 PM

I agree he is a raging narcissist and won’t feel bad for anyone other than himself.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2021 6:26 PM

Not many people have asked if I’m okay.

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2021 6:28 PM

"Narcissists" like Alec will kill themselves if everyone hates them and blames him for killing that lady. Jesus. What fucking planet are you delusional cunts from?

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2021 6:28 PM

this saga is better than Halloween Kills for sure.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2021 6:28 PM

Hmm. I don’t think a normal person would aim a gun at an AD and pretend to shoot them. Most people would be more careful even if it’s a stunt gun.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2021 6:29 PM

Presumably, r54, the scene being shot was meant to be from the point of view of the character being shot at, hence the gun being fired directly towards the camera, and the people immediately around it.

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2021 6:29 PM

The tweet at r10 was removed.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2021 6:29 PM

I remember quitting a job because the conditions were unsafe and shortly thereafter a former colleague was hurt on the job. This is what happens when you hire poorly paid scab workers who have no skin in the game. If the union workers with proper experience had been on set this never would have happened. She should have left with her colleagues..

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2021 6:29 PM

An additional concern: Were any horses harmed in the making of this film?

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2021 6:30 PM

R76 What a stupid fraucunt thing to say. Fucking bitch. Of course, she should have left since she's been fucking killed!

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2021 6:32 PM

I can't find the tweet now, but someone I follow on Twitter (who works in film production) said the company producing this movie is known to blow all their budget on getting big name older actors while forgoing things like working props or safety measures.

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote]I keep wondering, what if this had happened on the set of I Love Lucy?

Why would Alec Baldwin have been on the set of I Love Lucy?

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2021 6:35 PM

Remember when Alec was kicked off an airplane b/c he didn't want to turn his phone off? He went into a plane bathroom with his phone. Blamed a woman flight crew member for singling him out. Delayed takeoff, etc.

This is when I knew this guy's an asshole.

Calling his daughter a "little pig." I grew up with some hard knocks and I kind of held out for more proof that he's an asshole.

The plane incident was something I could picture and empathize with all the other passengers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2021 6:37 PM

Ok, R81, but there's a lot of rude assholes out there, most of them aren't murderers.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2021 6:39 PM

This whole thing is kinda fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if when firing the gun, he just didn't give a shit whether hot or not.

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote] I mean...how the fuck did he also shoot another person? UNLESS he was being...Alec Baldwin...and aiming at them both in a fit of rage because it was getting close to lunch and they weren't working fast enough?

Troll or just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2021 6:45 PM

If AB hadn't married that grifting Hilarious airhead and started knocking her up at his advanced age, Baldwin wouldn't have to be making all these crap movies.

Baldwin's situation is very much like DeNiro's, having to make so many terrible movie because they need to support these money grubbing golddiggers and children they shouldn't be having at their ages..

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2021 6:48 PM

^THAT's telling em...

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2021 6:53 PM

r30 thinks that her now-widowed attorney husband is going to be satisfied with the film insurance money payout amount?

He will rightfully go after every penny Alec has made or will make.

Alec's many children will now be like 99.99% of the population that will need to work for a living

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2021 6:53 PM

R43's post looks like Schindler's List

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2021 6:53 PM

R79, do you remember the name of the tweeter?

by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2021 6:54 PM

^Eoin-something. He made a big deal on his twitter page that is *actually* pronounced "Owen"....Yawwwwn.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2021 6:56 PM

Will they become political refugees in her home country of Espana?

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2021 6:57 PM

Oops, was referring to the removed tweet at R10...

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2021 6:57 PM

Has Trump issued a statement yet offering his fulsome sympathy for all involved?

by Anonymousreply 93October 22, 2021 6:58 PM

Let me check Truth Social^.

by Anonymousreply 94October 22, 2021 6:59 PM

R93 r94

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2021 7:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2021 7:13 PM

Baldwin will go to jail for this. No two ways about it.

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2021 7:20 PM

This is the procedure for using prop guns on set:

A rubber non-shooting gun will be used during rehearsal, and the 1st AD and PAs will yell, “Rehearsal with rubber gun, NO ROUNDS”

The Armorer/Prop Guy then will show everyone that there are no rounds in the gun if they want to do a rehearsal with the live gun, and 1st AD, etc will yell, “Rehearsal with live gun, NO ROUNDS” repeatedly.

If they want to shoot with blanks, the armorer/prop guy will test it first for shooting, the 1st AD will yell, “LIVE GUN ON SET, FIRE IN THE HOLE” “FIRE IN THE HOLE!”, then hand it to the actor with the 1st AD still yelling the same thing. Everyone gets ear plugs.

Evidently they all got around that,-

Mr. Baldwin just grabbed the gun from the prop cart (which would never be on the cart in the first place- it would be with the armorer/prop guy at all times) that the scab left it on.

Or the scab really didn’t know anything about protocols or guns.

The scenario that someone upthread stated about the camera point-of-view of the shooting is pretty logical to me.

by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2021 7:20 PM

So wait, there was a real bullet in the gun? Why?

by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] "Narcissists" like Alec will kill themselves if everyone hates them and blames him for killing that lady. Jesus. What fucking planet are you delusional cunts from?

Narcissists don’t kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2021 7:27 PM

Worth noting that not only is Baldwin a producer and actor on this film, he also co-wrote the story with Joel Souza, who then turned it into a script. So Baldwin is very invested in the film...although, not enough to guarantee safety on the set, apparently, if the story of union crew leaving the set due to safety issues the day before is true.

by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2021 7:27 PM

BPDs kill themselves. Narcissists almost never do.

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2021 7:27 PM

The whole camera crew walked except for the deceased and one other crew member. They also claimed they had not been paid in 3 weeks, had not been provided with the hotels that had been agreed to, that there were inadequate covid protocols and concerns re: gun safety.

Baldwin was cheaping out. And instead of responding to very serious gun safety concerns, they forged ahead and he killed a woman.

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2021 7:32 PM

Why not use CGI? That may have been a cheap out too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2021 7:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Thanks, R90

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2021 7:36 PM

This is all extremely tragic.

But someone still needs to explain this from the first thread:

[quote] DL treasure Frances Fisher

by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2021 7:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 22, 2021 7:36 PM

He was probably high from the morning or night before.

by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2021 7:37 PM

It is possible that using his alcoholism and addictions as PR fodder is going to come back to bite him in the ass. He was seen publicly buying booze in the Hamptons after his wife's latest round of fraud exposure.

Did it impact his decision making re: safety on the set?

Parading his wealth on his social media (his and his wife's) while cheaping out on basic safety and housing for the crew on his latest vanity project is NOT a good look. Neither are the Lolita shots of his 8 year old daughter. Vile human garbage.

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2021 7:40 PM

And there it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2021 7:42 PM

Per LA Times article

[quote] “Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue to shooting,” the knowledgeable person said. There were two misfires on the prop gun and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2021 7:45 PM

From LA Times

[quote] “As many of us have already heard, there was an accidental weapons discharge on a production titled Rust being filmed in New Mexico,” said the North Hollywood-based local. “A live single round was accidentally fired on set by the principal actor, hitting both the Director of Photography, Local 600 member Halyna Hutchins, and Director Joel Souza. Both were rushed to the hospital,” the email said.

[quote] A source close to The Times said the union does not know what projectile was in the gun and clarified that “live” is an industry term that refers to a gun being loaded with some material such as a blank ready for filming.

by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2021 7:47 PM

This movie sounded low budget. Alec works because he needs to maintain the lifestyle and the 6 kids. I can see Hilaria laying or lying low for a while then launching some type of brand like Jessica Alba's. Dumb people may buy.

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2021 7:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2021 7:51 PM

Can't his lying wife, with her made up background, get him out of this mess with a few phrases spoken in broken Spanish?

by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2021 7:51 PM

I'm sure that determining that Alec's murder weapon was filled with blanks instead of real bullets will help the young child who just lost his mother sleep better tonight

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2021 7:52 PM

R102 no doubt has every personality disorder known to man. She'd know.

by Anonymousreply 118October 22, 2021 7:52 PM

Will the Websleuth cunts glom on this now?

UGH!

by Anonymousreply 119October 22, 2021 7:53 PM

It's just so unfair you blame Alec for this. Bad things do happen to good people ... sometimes

by Anonymousreply 120October 22, 2021 7:54 PM

They have been trying to rebrand him as a "family man" and her as something other than a loon. Now they are pushing the 2nd grade daughter in bikinis and lingerie. All those mouths to feed, all that household help, all those houses and horses, it don't come cheap.

Of course the crew was welcome to drive 100 miles a day so he could save a few bucks on THEIR hotels.

by Anonymousreply 121October 22, 2021 7:54 PM

I just watched the "Unsolved Mysteries" segment on the accidental shooting of Brandon Lee

The authorities said it was impossible to charge anyone, because the gun in question went through so many different people in the chain of command - it couldn't be pinpointed who was at fault,

The same conclusion MIGHT be made in this case as well.

by Anonymousreply 122October 22, 2021 7:54 PM

Will Alec Baldwin Kills have a better opening weekend than Halloween Kills? Wait and see!

by Anonymousreply 123October 22, 2021 7:54 PM

He was/is a producer on the film-- not the executive producer, who is responsible for the film. I thought when producer credit was given to actors was simply another way to pay them, create buzz

by Anonymousreply 124October 22, 2021 7:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 22, 2021 8:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 22, 2021 8:01 PM

He will be sued. When you file a lawsuit, you sue all the producers in the production.

by Anonymousreply 127October 22, 2021 8:02 PM

R78 - Your salty tongue is charming (sarcasm) but you have a point. The principal of the film (Alec) was getting paid while the crew hadn't been paid in three weeks - as a member of the impacted union- it would have been great if she felt that she could walk out with her colleagues. I doubt that she would have felt comfortable doing that. It was obviously not her fault.

by Anonymousreply 128October 22, 2021 8:05 PM

Who took the place of the unionized workers when this happened? Of course scabs, but who were they and where did they come from? In my experience, scabs often come from management ranks.

by Anonymousreply 129October 22, 2021 8:07 PM

Will be interesting to see if this part about switching from union to non-union workers is really true. Seems really dumb to cut corners on gun handling and safety. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2021 8:07 PM

He’s a homophobic loser. He was dear friends with Kevin Spacey for decades until the me too drama with Anthony Rapp when he went on Howard Stern and called him a bad person.

This is the same guy who passionately defends Woody Allen and Roman Polanski

by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2021 8:09 PM

“Damn, I thought it was Hilaria!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2021 8:09 PM

Baldwin will be sued to Kingdom Come, so "Hillaria on Assistance" will be a DL thread eventually.

by Anonymousreply 133October 22, 2021 8:10 PM

I had assumed that they didn't have a chance to hire anyone after the union employees left, and it was just the non-union employees left behind who were picking up the slack. It would be REAL interesting if they had time to interview and hire scabs to start the day after the union employees walked, but didn't have any time to respond to the union employees' complaints about lack of safety protocols on set.

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote] Still no explanation why the gun was fired directly at the torso of the cinematographer.

Here's my question: WHY was he pointing a gun, even if he believed it was a prop gun, at another human being? It wasn't like they were shooting a scene and he shot off the gun to dispatch one of the characters in the movie. Was he having one of his temper tantrums and thought he'd get back at her by shooting off the prop gun at her? This does NOT sound like an accident. This sounds like manslaughter, at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2021 8:15 PM

Hilaria is 100% going to leave him if he loses all his money.

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2021 8:18 PM

R179, Biden is just as bad as the ones you named. These DC elites are all close and all know what’s up. Biden and Hillary are evil pieces of shit just like Bush and Cheney.

If you think they’re not you are a moron who needs to turn off the TV.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2021 8:18 PM

Now confirmed - Alec is done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2021 8:19 PM

"kills " is such an ugly word OP, I hope you change that. It was more like: "accidental discharge of hot prop, in which Baldwin had no idea was hot."

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2021 8:19 PM

The production should have been shut down when the unionized employees walked off, especially if a health and safety complaint was made. I don't know what you call it in the US, but in Canada it's called a "Part Two," which means the employee is enacting Part 2 of the Canadian Labour Code which calls for a temporary work stoppage until the complaint is fully investigated by health and safety officers.

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2021 8:19 PM

r138 is slow

by Anonymousreply 141October 22, 2021 8:20 PM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 22, 2021 8:20 PM

BYE BYE BALDWIN

BYE, BYE BIDEN

BYE BYE BUTTIGIEG

by Anonymousreply 143October 22, 2021 8:24 PM

Does “scab” necessarily mean bad? Isn’t it just a prop master that isn’t paying dues to a union?

It’s like driving a car: there are crappy drivers with licenses and cautious drivers without.

by Anonymousreply 144October 22, 2021 8:26 PM

Diana did it.

by Anonymousreply 145October 22, 2021 8:26 PM

Wonder if he and Hillary will orchestrate one of those fake divorces to protect his assets while continuing to live together "for the children".

by Anonymousreply 146October 22, 2021 8:28 PM

This is a fucking DISASTUH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 22, 2021 8:29 PM

Scabs are often unqualified, R44, that's why they're not dues paying members of a union/professional organization. Sometimes they're management which doesn't mean that they're experts at the task at hand.

by Anonymousreply 148October 22, 2021 8:31 PM

R146 and move to Florida so their house can’t be taken away. Maybe they can be friends with Ivanka and Jared

by Anonymousreply 149October 22, 2021 8:33 PM

Did Baldwin have an affair with her, she dumped him, he killer her with a prop gun...prop guns KILL!! He is an ASSHOLE, who thinks he is God's gift to Women!!

by Anonymousreply 150October 22, 2021 8:35 PM

He's not a murderer but the second I read he kept saying, "Why was I handed a hot gun." Or "Why was I given a hot gun." I thought he picked the damn thing up because it was a vintage type gun and he didn't take it seriously and ignored protocols.

Nobody's gonna correct him, not when he's got the most clout on that set as EP and principle.

by Anonymousreply 151October 22, 2021 8:36 PM

Don't know why people are blaming "scabs" when it's the production company's fault for not paying professional rates.

by Anonymousreply 152October 22, 2021 8:37 PM

This weekend was already exciting with the premieres of Dune, Locke & Key S2, and the Titans season finale yesterday. But this is just too much! What’s next!? Will Froy pen an open letter to his Scottish lover!? The excitement is palpable! I’m getting a Four Loko tonight, hunny.

by Anonymousreply 153October 22, 2021 8:38 PM

[quote] He was/is a producer on the film-- not the executive producer, who is responsible for the film. I thought when producer credit was given to actors was simply another way to pay them, create buzz

It's the other way around. They give Executive Producer credits to actors as a form of payment, inducement, ass kissing, ego stroking. The actors use it to claim they are producers.

The Producers do the actual work of production for the film.

by Anonymousreply 154October 22, 2021 8:40 PM

"Why was I handed a hot gun" is such a fucking narcissist thing to say. If a normal person did this, they'd be thinking of the family, maybe saying, "Oh my god, I shot someone," or "Oh, god, what have I done?"

Notice that his first instinct is to use the passive voice and blame someone else.

by Anonymousreply 155October 22, 2021 8:40 PM

She is pretty. Baldwins a misogynist so he probably enjoyed shooting her.

by Anonymousreply 156October 22, 2021 8:41 PM

[quote] He was/is a producer on the film-- not the executive producer, who is responsible for the film. I thought when producer credit was given to actors was simply another way to pay them, create buzz

Other way around. Executive producer is given to stars as a vanity title. Producer is the big honcho and the guy who wins the Academy Award for Best Picture.

by Anonymousreply 157October 22, 2021 8:41 PM

Liberals, like Alec, usually support unions and workers' rights to organize.

by Anonymousreply 158October 22, 2021 8:42 PM

R155, it's so typical. They shift blame. It's never their fault. I'm sure all of us have come across assholes like him.

by Anonymousreply 159October 22, 2021 8:44 PM

Baldwins tweets read like he had no part in the death. It doesn’t seem personal at all.

by Anonymousreply 160October 22, 2021 8:47 PM

I can't believe he expected the crew to drive 50 highway miles each way so he could save a few quid on their hotel rooms. 100 miles in the car after long days on set? Not very "GREEN" of him, is it? Not very "UNION FRIENDLY" either, is he? All just poses.

Meanwhile his kids ride horses in the Hamptons and a little boy has no mom, so Alec Baldwin could save a few bucks on his vanity production.

by Anonymousreply 161October 22, 2021 8:48 PM

Not really R155. I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to say at that shocking moment when someone thought that they were handed a prop gun and instead they were handed a gun with real bullets.

Baldwin is 100% cooperating with the investigation, and the truth will come out that he is a victim of foul play.

by Anonymousreply 162October 22, 2021 8:48 PM

Alec’s peers must be horrified, especially the ones who’ve handled prop guns in movies. Really your worst fucking nightmare.

Has Clint Eastwood commented?.

by Anonymousreply 163October 22, 2021 8:52 PM

It's always been about Baldwin...all his life!! Except when he was married to Whore Basinger

by Anonymousreply 164October 22, 2021 8:52 PM

You know, all you armchair psychologists are a real fucking drag.

by Anonymousreply 165October 22, 2021 8:52 PM

No surprise that this fat slob murdered somebody. It was only a matter of time before fatso greasefingers fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 166October 22, 2021 8:53 PM

He had such a nice ass in Beetle Juice and Knots Landing though. Killer or not.

by Anonymousreply 167October 22, 2021 8:54 PM

Seven years of Sopranos and no gun tragedies on set.

by Anonymousreply 168October 22, 2021 8:55 PM

Because the scab fucked up, R152. Yes, the production company is to blame too for being cheap and hiring scab labour, but the scab isn't innocent either.

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2021 8:56 PM

I don’t feel bad for the director Joel Souza for being shot after finding out he said “ Fuck You” to his crew.

by Anonymousreply 170October 22, 2021 8:58 PM

Exactly R155 so typical of him and I thought of it again when reminded he blamed a flight attendant for insisting he turn off his phone. It's default with him. He's setting it up to kick the blame downstairs.

by Anonymousreply 171October 22, 2021 9:00 PM

Scarlett Johansson is partly to blame for this.

by Anonymousreply 172October 22, 2021 9:01 PM

R162 the scab is innocent if he was hired past his capabilities or given a job description that didn't rise to the level of professional on set firearms protocol which he may not have been familiar with and which was the production's responsibility to make sure he was qualified to do.

. If it was "just do this and that, don't worry about that part, just make sure about this other thing." that would be classic corner cutting.

by Anonymousreply 173October 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Just as an actor relies on the script, the director, the camera crew, etc., an actor also relies on the prop crew.

Alec probably never thought in a million years that he would have been handed a "hot gun".

Someone fucked up by handing Alec that gun.

A loaded gun should never be on a movie set. The real question is, where did that gun come from and who brought it in?

by Anonymousreply 174October 22, 2021 9:04 PM

If it were you or me, we'd be looking at an involuntary manslaughter charge.

Bottom line, a woman is dead and Baldwin pulled the trigger.

by Anonymousreply 175October 22, 2021 9:08 PM

No, R173. A scab knows he or she is taking the job of a unionized person, they know they're not qualified and that they're hired only to work for less wages than the unionized pro or because there was trouble in the shop. They are as responsible for their actions as a unionized worker would be. Scabs are morally reprehensible people and are the type of people that republicans and conservative rely on since union busting is impossible without them.

by Anonymousreply 176October 22, 2021 9:09 PM

How did a real bullet get loaded in that gun is the question. It wasn't a blank. It was REAL BULLET. On top of that, how was he able to get off a shot like that? Hit her directly in the gut, went THROUGH her (as real bullets will do) and came thisclose to getting the guy in the throat. It had the odds of making a hole in one while standing on your head.

by Anonymousreply 177October 22, 2021 9:10 PM

R161 nails it. I bet Baldwin was staying at a luxury pad and his cheque landed in his account right on time. I am a leftist and this is why I hate champagne liberals - they are such fucking hypocrites.

Fuck Alec Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 178October 22, 2021 9:10 PM

R175, I don’t see any way this is any criminal charge if Baldwin thought he was using a prop gun. It’s a kind of unique situation to be sure, but I don’t see anyone under those circumstances being charged.

by Anonymousreply 179October 22, 2021 9:13 PM

R176, sounds like the typical Trump supporter. No surprise that a Trump loving scab got the job and saw an opportunity to set Alec up. Maybe they didn't anticipate that someone would die, but there's no doubt in my mind that Alec was a victim of foul play.

by Anonymousreply 180October 22, 2021 9:15 PM

I wish that scab troll at r169 would fuck off.

There were concerns on that set over safety and other issues which led to the majority of the union workers leaving. Both Baldwin and the director knew about this, but they decided to carry on with filming by hiring unqualified people to replace them.

The majority of the blame should lie with the assholes who decided to ignore all the concerns and carry on with making this shitty little Baldwin vanity project.

by Anonymousreply 181October 22, 2021 9:15 PM

WHY were there live rounds in the prop gun? Was it actually a prop or something pulled out of a scabs glove compartment at the last minute?

by Anonymousreply 182October 22, 2021 9:17 PM

WTF, R180? I'm anti scab, lol. Reread my post.

by Anonymousreply 183October 22, 2021 9:17 PM

He. Pulled. The. Trigger.

Also, r155, that stuck out to me, too.

by Anonymousreply 184October 22, 2021 9:19 PM

The people who fucked up were the corner cutting producers and big shots, who included Alec. When you're paid shit and treated like shit, this is what happens. It's not gonna work to dump the blame on some "scab" and make him a victim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 22, 2021 9:19 PM

Guilty

by Anonymousreply 186October 22, 2021 9:19 PM

I think the scab troll is where Baldwin's PR is gonna go since he always punches down.

by Anonymousreply 187October 22, 2021 9:21 PM

If he had any decency, he would have stopped and cooled down after the Fake Spanish wife scandal. But he didn't. He couldn't. He can't stand not being famous.

And now he killed a woman on his cheap, poorly run movie. This is his fault. Stop trying to spin. He pulled the trigger, he killed her.

Your reputation is a match you can only burn once.

by Anonymousreply 188October 22, 2021 9:22 PM

It's gonna come out that he was waving it around and gesturing when it went off. Doesn't have to be mad or hostile, just animated, and the gun is in his hand. He was off camera, not shooting a scene. "After all my years" (his words) he knows better than to handle firearms casually on set and with the way he operates I cannot blame some non-union person working for shit wages for not calling him out on it and being verbally battered by Baldwin on set and then fired. If they even had a crew member like that on set and they may not have seeing as they were a shit production.

by Anonymousreply 189October 22, 2021 9:25 PM

You’re an idiot R164

by Anonymousreply 190October 22, 2021 9:26 PM

Force your highly skilled union crew to walk off set and then play the victim after you kill someone - "Why was I handed a hot gun?"

Why?Because you were part of the executive team that decided to hire local unskilled scabs. He is absolutely guilty of negligence.

by Anonymousreply 191October 22, 2021 9:28 PM

So Barry has all the kids, what’s with all the other Eunuchs??

by Anonymousreply 192October 22, 2021 9:32 PM

It just gets worse and worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 22, 2021 9:32 PM

R192 for the Brady Bunch thread

by Anonymousreply 194October 22, 2021 9:35 PM

yea, repost a the same thing a million times fraus.

gays can read.

by Anonymousreply 195October 22, 2021 9:35 PM

Is negligent homicide a charge? That's what it appears to be coming down to. In which case, Baldwin as producer is not off the hook. Possibly, neither is Souza, despite also being shot.

by Anonymousreply 196October 22, 2021 9:36 PM

A criminal injured in the act of committing his own crime is not thereby immunized against prosecution by virtue of his own injury.

by Anonymousreply 197October 22, 2021 9:38 PM

On this thread too - the scab armour was off set shooting live rounds with the gun and left a live round in the chamber. Which is why the bullet went through her body which a blank would not do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 22, 2021 9:39 PM

There are a dozen different supposed insider stories being circulated about on social media. Who knows yet what actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 199October 22, 2021 9:48 PM

Many people have small pieces of responsibility for this woman’s death, and each in a different way. That includes Alec, the person who loaded a real bullet in the gun, the person who was in charge of checking props and was either negligent or not qualified, the person responsible for crew treatment and safety on the set who failed to avoid a walkout, and probably more. In such a situation, a person of good character expresses sorry for the (even if small) part he played in the death, even if his lawyers warn him not to.

This scenario will be on a lot of Criminal Law exams for first-year law students.

by Anonymousreply 200October 22, 2021 9:49 PM

Never in the history of DL has anyone ever implied that Alec Baldwin could possibly be capable of being a person of good character

by Anonymousreply 201October 22, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] I can't believe he expected the crew to drive 50 highway miles each way

Um, you do realize that many people commute that much every day to work right? On highways with no commuter traffic that's less than an hour's commuting time. That's not exactly torture. But, yea, I can see that as a cost cutting measure.

I thought some tweets were complaining they had NO hotel rooms. So is it that they had to travel further to work. Poor babies.

by Anonymousreply 202October 22, 2021 9:57 PM

I was handed a hot gun.....I am not to blame.....someone handed me a hot gun.....it is not my fault.....I am very sad about all of this.....it is not my fault.......all I did was point the weapon and pull the trigger.....obviously someone else is to blame.....

Look over there!

by Anonymousreply 203October 22, 2021 9:57 PM

They were working 15 hour days R202 - you fucking heartless prick.

by Anonymousreply 204October 22, 2021 10:05 PM

for like a month. please.

by Anonymousreply 205October 22, 2021 10:07 PM

We’re on it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 22, 2021 10:07 PM

Alec tweets again. "Something happened to Somebody Somewhere. Let's have respect for Someone who might be Somewhat involved."

by Anonymousreply 207October 22, 2021 10:12 PM

He's facing a manslaughter charge...minimum.

by Anonymousreply 208October 22, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote] Alec tweets again. "Something happened to Somebody Somewhere. Let's have respect for Someone who might be Somewhat involved."

You forgot "somehow."

by Anonymousreply 209October 22, 2021 10:14 PM

With the altitude and the climate, New Mexico might be beautiful, but even on temperate days it can take a lot out of you. a 15 hour day, mostly outside, in NM hours is a loooooong fucking time. Also people drive like maniacs out there. I've had one two many near misses than I care to count. ABQ is especially notorious, and the trip from Santa Fe to ABQ isn't exactly a smooth ride on any given day. Drunks, sleepy truckers, tourists, black ice, blah, blah, you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 210October 22, 2021 10:15 PM

*too

by Anonymousreply 211October 22, 2021 10:16 PM

Not a month R205, it’s like the 10th day of a 21 day shoot. It’s a short Tier 1 production with a 6 million budget. Contracts were all negotiated and the Producers were argue everything was adhered to. IATSE is on edge right now because they just renegotiated their contracts, though the membership hasn’t officially voted on the new contracts.

AB will not be facing any kind of charges as an actor. It’s less clear whether or not he will have to answer as Producer, but I would say little. The gun was the responsibility of the armorer or the propmaster. The gun is handed to the actor at the last second and the actor fires the gun in the shot and immediately hands it back to propmaster or armorer. The propmaster or armore could face charges of negligence. We’ll see as the investigation continues.

by Anonymousreply 212October 22, 2021 10:16 PM

No R208, that’s not happening.

by Anonymousreply 213October 22, 2021 10:17 PM

r212 Hi Alec's PR poodle!

by Anonymousreply 214October 22, 2021 10:18 PM

Almost a month. Nitpick muck, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 215October 22, 2021 10:21 PM

There is no way his career recovers from this. He may not be done, but he'll never be a hint of the diminished star he is right now...

by Anonymousreply 216October 22, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote] They were working 15 hour days [R202] - you fucking heartless prick.

Oh those poor babies. People all over the country work long hours. Many times they have to commute by bus that can take more than an hour.

This was an independent film and didn't have the budget. I don't trust anything out of the mouths of these whiners. They have an ulterior motive to lie and exaggerate. They will be doing everything possible to find something wrong with this production. Let's wait for an independent investigation to see where the blame lies.

Twitter witch hunts are insane.

by Anonymousreply 217October 22, 2021 10:22 PM

His collapse, has it just started?

by Anonymousreply 218October 22, 2021 10:25 PM

Are there any reports that he w as yelling at her when he shot her dead? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 219October 22, 2021 10:27 PM

A series of mistakes and accidents can happen no matter what safeguards are in place but what gets me is that out of the thousands of movies it could have happened in, it happened to a guy like Alec. It's like raging idiots cause the universe to align in a particular way. He probably goes around in a fog that causes a thousand little inconveniences every day which feeds his rage even more.

I don't believe in karma but I do think some people's presence just makes some things more likely to happen. Sadly like always it's hardly ever the raging idiot who suffers the worst consequences.

by Anonymousreply 220October 22, 2021 10:27 PM

Those poor bald babies are going to grow up without a father.

by Anonymousreply 221October 22, 2021 10:28 PM

Brian Laundrie is so last month, Alec for DL villain 2021. Also I'm sure some dataloungers can't wait to write him in prison.

by Anonymousreply 222October 22, 2021 10:30 PM

R217 not anymore! We all quit our jobs.

Sincerely,

The Great Resignation peons

by Anonymousreply 223October 22, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote] It's like raging idiots cause the universe to align in a particular way. He probably goes around in a fog that causes a thousand little inconveniences every day which feeds his rage even more.... Sadly like always it's hardly ever the raging idiot who suffers the worst consequences.

What?

by Anonymousreply 224October 22, 2021 10:30 PM

There are allegations that the schedule was manipulated so that the contract provision re: hotel rooms was not triggered, some crew were said to be sleeping in their vehicles.

Prior gun safety incidents had occurred on the Rust set, including with the weapon used to kill the poor woman.

No one can claim no notice re: safety concerns.

by Anonymousreply 225October 22, 2021 10:41 PM

R199 the stories are pretty consistent about a cheap-ass, mean spirited production attitude.

by Anonymousreply 226October 22, 2021 10:41 PM

No worries R221 they've been growing up without a father and for the most part without a mother.

by Anonymousreply 227October 22, 2021 10:49 PM

¿How you say in your country “boo boo fuck up”?

by Anonymousreply 228October 22, 2021 11:02 PM

It looks like being an asshole and having a dozen or so kids was already taking a hell of toll, and now this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 22, 2021 11:08 PM

^*...hell of a toll

OBVIOUSLY.

by Anonymousreply 230October 22, 2021 11:09 PM

^Hil(aria) of a toll

by Anonymousreply 231October 22, 2021 11:12 PM

I don't know r220. Some people who REALLY deserve it are unaffected by karma.

by Anonymousreply 232October 22, 2021 11:13 PM

"Misfires" with blanks? Or "Misfires" with real bullets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 22, 2021 11:23 PM

Farewell to the 3 B's Baldwin, Biden Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 234October 22, 2021 11:34 PM

Fuck off, r234. No one wants your Q-anon equivalency garbage here.

by Anonymousreply 235October 22, 2021 11:38 PM

Who handed me a hot gun on this set I sign off on where we don't give hotel rooms after 13 hour days and make crew sleep in their car? Where union people walk off and we hire non union for sub-scale wages and order them to take shortcuts? Who? Who handed me a hot gun? Who didn't have the stones to tell me to put the gun down when we weren't shooting? Who wouldn't risk losing his/her job or being bullied and humiliated verbally by me? Who? I want names!

by Anonymousreply 236October 22, 2021 11:44 PM

911 call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 22, 2021 11:44 PM

Interesting new developments... the gun was loaded with five rounds. Alec Baldwin was handed the gun and told it was safe to use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 22, 2021 11:45 PM

Why is it even possible to put live ammunition in a prop gun?

by Anonymousreply 239October 22, 2021 11:46 PM

R235 did you take a survey? By the way have you taken care of the stench of crotch rot in your mother's basement?

by Anonymousreply 240October 22, 2021 11:47 PM

I have the same question r238. What the hell is a prop gun? Is it a real gun with no ammo? Is it a fake? Like some people have been shot for wielding? What the hell.

by Anonymousreply 241October 22, 2021 11:50 PM

R235, I don't know, are you drowning in Dump's crotch stink yet?

by Anonymousreply 242October 22, 2021 11:51 PM

From the pics he is not in costume, this is a period piece western. I bet he pulled a Jon Eric Hexum and fired it as a joke at the DoP and Director. which any gun safety 101 class will tel you , never point a gun at someone as a joke even if you know it is not loaded. Never, Just fucking don't. Oh well will make a great match game quesiton. "Dumb Alex is so dumb, he thought firiing a gun at his DoP and Director was BLANK"

by Anonymousreply 243October 22, 2021 11:52 PM

It's been explained. A prop gun is a gun that's used for a prop, r241. It can be fake or a real, functional one.

by Anonymousreply 244October 22, 2021 11:53 PM

Maybe they were spacing the scene out to figure out where people needed to be for actual filming?

by Anonymousreply 245October 22, 2021 11:55 PM

Thanks, r244. Doing a tad bit of research shows that. I didn't know real guns can be used as props, but they can.

by Anonymousreply 246October 22, 2021 11:56 PM

R237 - I like the pic where he's bent over. Is it wrong of me to be staring at his ample ass in this time of grief?

by Anonymousreply 247October 22, 2021 11:57 PM

Why even pull the trigger if they were only rehearsing? Seems reckless and against the most basic gun safety protocols. Plus, there had been previous gun safety incidents on that set and even with that weapon.

by Anonymousreply 248October 22, 2021 11:59 PM

We now have our ending and we can work back for the "In Memoriam" segment.

by Anonymousreply 249October 22, 2021 11:59 PM

JFC. The 911 call is being played on Anderson Cooper and the people who called can't even provide proper details.

by Anonymousreply 250October 23, 2021 12:03 AM

R242 Have you noticed that your mother's dick tastes like shit?

by Anonymousreply 251October 23, 2021 12:06 AM

I did not, but I see you're intimately familiar with dick shit, r251.

by Anonymousreply 252October 23, 2021 12:07 AM

Their was a union walkout on set two days before regarding UNSAFE working conditions. They replaced with non union. The victim was implored to walk out with them , but declined because she felt her reputation as a female director of photography would be jeopardized . Alec is fucked

by Anonymousreply 253October 23, 2021 12:08 AM

There

by Anonymousreply 254October 23, 2021 12:09 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 23, 2021 12:13 AM

Now Alec can go into politics.

by Anonymousreply 256October 23, 2021 12:17 AM

At least he didn't support Trump, like his brother.

by Anonymousreply 257October 23, 2021 12:18 AM

R257, has very low standards

by Anonymousreply 258October 23, 2021 12:20 AM

Not lower than supporting Dump. That's as low as you go.

by Anonymousreply 259October 23, 2021 12:22 AM

R259, the blood of Halyna Hutchins screams from the grave: "I agree. Vote McAuliffe 2021".

by Anonymousreply 260October 23, 2021 12:27 AM

And I will follow her wishes, r260. Because I'm not an animal.

by Anonymousreply 261October 23, 2021 12:30 AM

Her death is your mitzvah, r261. Your blessings abound.

by Anonymousreply 262October 23, 2021 12:32 AM

All thanks to you, r262!

by Anonymousreply 263October 23, 2021 12:35 AM

"Most people would be more careful even if it’s a stunt gun"

Thespians are NOT "most people", you simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 264October 23, 2021 12:45 AM

They smile when they are low, r264.

by Anonymousreply 265October 23, 2021 12:49 AM

WHY DID HE POINT THE GUN AT THE CINEMATOGRAPHER AND FIRE IT? That's what I want to know.

by Anonymousreply 266October 23, 2021 12:50 AM

This is ALL OVER right wing Twitter, and has been for the past day. It's nuts. Like, they're totally obsessed with it. Not just one post or two but a dozen in a row all making little comments and remarks on it, dredging up Alec's past tweets to ridicule him, etc. They must really dislike him!

by Anonymousreply 267October 23, 2021 12:51 AM

BTW it's the same kind of obsession they have for Hillary (and Hillaria), Meghan Markle, etc. - just unhinged hatred.

by Anonymousreply 268October 23, 2021 12:52 AM

You mean "DL"?

by Anonymousreply 269October 23, 2021 12:53 AM

r269 I haven't really paid much attention to these threads, other than I see a lot of the same comments here that I see on the unhinged hate threads on Twitter.

There has definitely been an upswing in likely straight (and the occasional bi person who won't shut up about being bi and therefore the world's biggest victim) right-wing posters.

by Anonymousreply 270October 23, 2021 12:57 AM

From AP article:

[quote]An assistant director unwittingly handed Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon and told him it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show. “Cold gun,” the assistant director announced, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

[quote]According to the records, the gun was one of three that the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez, had set on a cart outside the wooden structure where a scene was being acted. Assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the search warrant application.

[quote]Gun-safety protocol on sets in the United States has improved since then, said Steven Hall, a veteran director of photography in Britain. But he said one of the riskiest positions to be in is behind the camera because that person is in the line of fire in scenes where an actor appears to point a gun at the audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 23, 2021 1:02 AM

OMG, I didn’t realize that Alec B actually killed her. That’s not supposed to happen. I hope he feels like shit.

by Anonymousreply 272October 23, 2021 1:04 AM

He looks like John Ritter.

by Anonymousreply 273October 23, 2021 1:05 AM

It's fucking awful but the thread title made me fucking laugh OP.

by Anonymousreply 274October 23, 2021 1:06 AM

Oooh, we've got names now - Hannah Guttierez and Dave Halls. I'm sure DL sleuths will dig up all the dirt on them.

by Anonymousreply 275October 23, 2021 1:07 AM

Hilaria’s little Spanish escapade fraud of last Christmas is going to seem like a walk in the park compared to this for Miss Alec.

by Anonymousreply 276October 23, 2021 1:08 AM

R270: Is it safe? Has that pack of marauding hyenas departed for the night?

I stopped in earlier and barely recognized the Baldwin threads as being a part of DL. The baseless speculation and fabrications were just awful; a thorough fumigation is in order.

by Anonymousreply 277October 23, 2021 1:10 AM

Anyone to shift focus from the prior safety incidents on the set and away from Baldwin, the producer, eth?

Hilary's fall from grace knocked him off the wagon, he was openly buying booze in the Hamptoms last spring. Surely he can afford to have liquor delivered, but, why wait when your jonesing, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 278October 23, 2021 1:10 AM

R277 fumigated the cinematographer. Now she's coming for you.

by Anonymousreply 279October 23, 2021 1:13 AM

On LSA there's a report that Alec Baldwin was told he needed to reshoot the film and said, "Why don't I just shoot the two of you" and "playfully" fired the gun and the DP bled out.

Don't dare pass this on to crew and props. Alec probably has three times the experience of all the crew combined plus was an EP. He's been on action sets. You don't fool around with guns I don't care how cold you're told they are.

by Anonymousreply 280October 23, 2021 1:14 AM

Gun expert on Cuomo said a blank couldn't have killed anyone at a distance.

by Anonymousreply 281October 23, 2021 1:16 AM

Baldwin blaming the scab or whoever handed him the loaded gun is, as a poster said above, punching down. He's probably lawyering up now and won't go to prison (which you or I might have in similar circumstances) but it's good that he'll be spending his personal fortune hiring a battalion of lawyers to keep him out of it. The civil lawsuits will abound, too. KA-CHING!

And Hilarious will vamoose when the money starts to dry up and he has to sell a house of two, etc. Who in the industry would want to work or socialize with him now?

by Anonymousreply 282October 23, 2021 1:17 AM

He killed her with a gun she apparently had loaded with live ammo and set out to be used??

[quote]the gun was one of three that the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez, had set on a cart outside the wooden structure where a scene was being acted

"punching down" is used by idiots to defend antagonism against people they already hate. It's okay to bully and libel, because I'm not punching down!

by Anonymousreply 283October 23, 2021 1:18 AM

r282 you live in fantasy land. Do you want his entire family dead, next? Would that satisfy your bloodlust?

by Anonymousreply 284October 23, 2021 1:19 AM

So, it’s a Western?

by Anonymousreply 285October 23, 2021 1:25 AM

Go away Baldwin cleaners pretending to defend DL. You all SUCK defending that narcissistic murderer.

Too cheap to keep the trained union crew and now a woman is DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 286October 23, 2021 1:28 AM

I posted upthread that it’s such a unique situation. It’s not like AB found a gun lying around and pointed it randomly and shot. That might be something that can be prosecuted. In this case, he was told it was a prop. I can’t t

by Anonymousreply 287October 23, 2021 1:28 AM

Sorry if I've missed this (there have been over 400 posts since I went to bed), but isn't the big question why he shot at them?

There was an early "explanation" on the thread that it was a shot where he was supposed to shoot at the camera - but surely they don't even put blanks in a gun that's meant to shoot up-close at a camera? Cameras are worth big bucks and CGI is pretty good.

If he wasn't meant to shoot at the camera, how did they get in his firing line? I'm not saying he knew he had a hot gun, but I can't figure how they can have been a legit target.

by Anonymousreply 288October 23, 2021 1:29 AM

Oops clicked before I was done at r287. To continue… I can’t think of a similar situation in recent history.

by Anonymousreply 289October 23, 2021 1:29 AM

Guess the safety concerns of the union crew who walked were PRETTY FUCKING VALID, eh?

Baldwin will spend plenty on crisis PR attempting to smear others and deflect blame.

SHAME ON HIM.

by Anonymousreply 290October 23, 2021 1:30 AM

One version is that he shot at them "jokingly."

by Anonymousreply 291October 23, 2021 1:31 AM

R288, it’s not even clear he was shooting at the camera. The people who were hurt could have been standing at any angle where they were vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 292October 23, 2021 1:31 AM

r286 you don't give one shit about the woman who is DEAD, and you know it, so you can cut the concern trolling. You're just here to bash on Baldwin and his wife. And your accusations of "cleaners" tells me you likely spend a lot of time bashing Duchess Meghan and similar other women, too.

by Anonymousreply 293October 23, 2021 1:32 AM

Alec is anti union

by Anonymousreply 294October 23, 2021 1:32 AM

R252 but didn't you notice that it tastes like your father's asshole?

by Anonymousreply 295October 23, 2021 1:36 AM

^Hailey B. texting her cousin

by Anonymousreply 296October 23, 2021 1:38 AM

I'm with [286].

And [293], why not take your sanctimonious ass off the thread? Who are YOU that you feel it's okay to accuse a poster of "concern-trolling" anyway? Your baseless accusations tell ME that you are a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 297October 23, 2021 1:41 AM

R198, In the Fakebook thread, someone said it was an inexperienced 19 year old girl who was given the prop master role.

by Anonymousreply 298October 23, 2021 1:42 AM

r297 gee, I wonder if you're a regular DL poster?

by Anonymousreply 299October 23, 2021 1:48 AM

[R299] My apologies for not inserting "R."

by Anonymousreply 300October 23, 2021 1:54 AM

I'm watching Rachel talk to an expert, r246. He said a a functional gun "can be used as a prop" but a "prop gun" has been modified so it can't be loaded with live bullets.

by Anonymousreply 301October 23, 2021 1:54 AM

Ethan makes a good point. Ammo contamination? They're clearly real guns, so whoever owned it and loaned it to the studio left some ammo in it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 23, 2021 1:56 AM

The 911 call was so strange. She was bitching about someone harassing her during her lunch break while speaking with a 911 operator about a life and death situation. I don't know if the person was traumatized or high or what, but not at all a normal affect for such a situation and lacked even basic facts.

All the narratives are to create confusion about the chain of custody when it is abundantly clear that it was an unsafe set particularly with regard to the handling of guns. As a producer who was ON SET Baldwin has responsibility. Crew walked off due to safety concerns.

by Anonymousreply 303October 23, 2021 1:56 AM

Oh! I'm late! I have just found out about this and I must know what color of inappropriate lingerie the attention whore videotaped herself crying in?

by Anonymousreply 304October 23, 2021 2:00 AM

Has his sister-in-law Chynna had a meltdown or tried to make it all about herself yet?

by Anonymousreply 305October 23, 2021 2:01 AM

Someone named Dave Halls handed Alec the gun.

by Anonymousreply 306October 23, 2021 2:05 AM

Go to IMDB. Dave Halls has been in the business a VERY long time and has AD'd some decent films. Very long resume.

by Anonymousreply 307October 23, 2021 2:06 AM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 23, 2021 2:07 AM

Put on Don Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 309October 23, 2021 2:08 AM

Dave Halls was one of the few crew members listed on IMDB. There's nothing much to see; he's been working steadily on tv shows and low-budget films since 1996.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310October 23, 2021 2:08 AM

He's also credited as playing "undertaker" in Rust. Eek.

by Anonymousreply 311October 23, 2021 2:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312October 23, 2021 2:11 AM

And HE is in a HEAP of trouble...

by Anonymousreply 313October 23, 2021 2:16 AM

MURDERER

by Anonymousreply 314October 23, 2021 2:16 AM

It's been handled.

by Anonymousreply 315October 23, 2021 2:18 AM

I wonder if there are any court decisions in California (because of Hollywood) that discuss who has the legal liability for the use of guns on movie sets. Is it "reasonable" for an actor to not personally inspect the chamber and ammo in a firearm before using it in such a situation, considering how dangerous they are, inherently? It *has* to have been litigated before now. Alec relies on the AD, who relies on the prop guy, who... WHO is legally responsible? It's GOT to be a settled legal issue.

by Anonymousreply 316October 23, 2021 2:22 AM

Has anyone mentioned Jon Erik Hexum yet?

by Anonymousreply 317October 23, 2021 2:23 AM

The 911 calls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318October 23, 2021 2:24 AM

Believe it or not, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 319October 23, 2021 2:24 AM

Four months' experience as an armorer:

Armorer

Yellowstone Film Ranch

Mar 2021 - Jun 2021 4 months

Montana, United States

Loading firearms with appropriately sized blanks. Ensuring gun safety on set along with instructing actors on how to use their guns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 23, 2021 2:24 AM

[quote] Alec relies on the AD, who relies on the prop guy, who... WHO is legally responsible? It's GOT to be a settled legal issue.

That is why there were NO charges when this happened with Brandon Lee. The gun in question went through so many hands, that there was no one the prosecution could point to and say "This person was responsible"

by Anonymousreply 321October 23, 2021 2:25 AM

Was this a deliberate set up?

by Anonymousreply 322October 23, 2021 2:26 AM

Let us mourn the original posterboy for gun issues on Hollywood sets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 23, 2021 2:27 AM

r322 it does sound like something a cartoonishly evil union stereotype would do. "They fired us? Muhahahahaha, now they will alll.. die!"

by Anonymousreply 324October 23, 2021 2:27 AM

R316, there may not be specific case law re: negligence and actors "failing" to check whether a gun is loaded or not. I'm guessing cases (civil) like this settle before trial. If there's no trial, there are usually no court decisions that issue.

Off the top of my head, I would guess that an actor has no "duty" to double-check a firearm to see whether it is loaded or not. That would seem like someone else's responsibility. Especially considering that not every actor is a gun owner, etc.

On "Talking Sopranos," Steve Schirripa (Bobby Bacala) said he knows nothing about guns (personally), but did handle firearms as part of his role in the Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 325October 23, 2021 2:28 AM

Mourn him! Cover Up was never good after he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326October 23, 2021 2:28 AM

[quote] And your accusations of "cleaners" tells me you likely spend a lot of time bashing

I blocked that asshole on other threads. He repeats cleaner over and over and becomes hysterical. Fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 327October 23, 2021 2:29 AM

"Has his sister-in-law Chynna had a meltdown or tried to make it all about herself yet?"

I feel like I could write the script word for word:

CHYNNA (adjusting camera): Oopsie-daisy! Hi, Youtube. (slamming door) My hubby just left. My handsome hubby. He doesn't want to be around when I make videos. And especially now, because of the tragic... the tragedy, but we're not gonna talk about that today, are we Mama?

MICHELLE: Not today, baby. Not today.

CHYNNA: We're just gonna trust in Jesus, right Mama?

MICHELLE (cackles): Whatever you say, baby.

CHYNNA: As you can see, I just have to keep praying for everyone. (gestures broadly) That's cool. Right, Mama?

MICHELLE: Right on, baby! Right on... Right on...

by Anonymousreply 328October 23, 2021 2:29 AM

Regardless of her inexperience, R320, if she fucked up she's responsible.

by Anonymousreply 329October 23, 2021 2:29 AM

Hexum's case is one of just sheer ignorance, he did not know that a gun loaded with blanks could kill you if used point-blank against the head. He was just fucking around with the gun, if I remember correctly, and it killed him, maybe he didn't even know it had a blank in it at the time but thought it was completely unloaded, I'm not sure. In this case, it appears Baldwin was 20 feet or so away from the victims, and so it was pretty obvious that a real bullet had been fired from the gun, since it killed one and grievously injured another, from that distance.

by Anonymousreply 330October 23, 2021 2:30 AM

He's so gorgeous you don't even notice the hideous tween actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331October 23, 2021 2:30 AM

The tween looks like a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 332October 23, 2021 2:31 AM

Well, R329, she is DEFINITELY fired.

by Anonymousreply 333October 23, 2021 2:32 AM

Duh, R333. She needs to be charged if it's her fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 334October 23, 2021 2:33 AM

Gun safety on set!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 23, 2021 2:34 AM

I understand Maddow's talking/talked about the Baldwin issue tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 23, 2021 2:38 AM

Jesus, from that LinkedIn she sounds grossly unqualified to have that role. It should be a professional position requiring certified weapons training and weapons/ammo safety training comprising X-thousand hours logged, etc. A "videographer" shouldn't get to just put on a different hat for a few summer months and then be considered a qualified "Armorer."

by Anonymousreply 337October 23, 2021 2:38 AM

It's pretty obvious lots of corners had been cut on this project. Cheapskates at work.

by Anonymousreply 338October 23, 2021 2:40 AM

(Just like Muriel and this taped-together website).

by Anonymousreply 339October 23, 2021 2:41 AM

So AB finally killed someone. Who didn't know this day would come? How much trouble is he or being a rich actor, is he in any trouble?

by Anonymousreply 340October 23, 2021 2:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341October 23, 2021 2:42 AM

All of the gun experts that have been on TV today all have years and years of experience, R337. This woman clearly didn't. That's no excuse though, she took the job, she's responsible for her actions or inactions. It's not just her though, sounds to me like there's going to be a whole lot of people in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 342October 23, 2021 2:43 AM

Hannah's father, on the other hand, has a lot of experience as an armorer (since 1993). Maybe they should have coughed up the money to hire him instead of a film student.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343October 23, 2021 2:44 AM

Regardless if charges are brought against Alec, this is America and in America our wealthy do not serve time. Certainly not if they are a celebrity and pseudo-leftist. I doubt he even loses any money over this.

by Anonymousreply 344October 23, 2021 2:44 AM

r318 that newscaster sounds like John Mulaney

by Anonymousreply 345October 23, 2021 2:46 AM

Why would there be charges against him, R344. He was told the weapon was cold. I can see him possibly being sued because he was a producer, but I don't think he's going to be charged. Sounds like the twit who was the "armorer" is at fault. She was responsible for the weapon, no? Wasn't that her job?

by Anonymousreply 346October 23, 2021 2:47 AM

I remember the Unsolved Mysteries on the Brandon Lee shooting that mentioned above. Another series that covered it well was Cursed Films on AMC/AMC Plus.

by Anonymousreply 347October 23, 2021 2:49 AM

Yes, and Alec, as her boss, is "responsible" for the damages that will be assessed in the court cases that arise from this. Whether insurance will cover those, we'll find out. I don't think he has any legal liability as a criminal matter, probably not even for any kind of manslaughter. But financially, likely so.

by Anonymousreply 348October 23, 2021 2:49 AM

R331 Fun fact, the tween is the half-brother of Soleil Moon Frye.

by Anonymousreply 349October 23, 2021 2:50 AM

^Her parents were hippies??

by Anonymousreply 350October 23, 2021 2:51 AM

Why do people (websluth cunts) think talking in circles and repeating the same thing over and over progresses the discussion?

by Anonymousreply 351October 23, 2021 2:51 AM

There had already been multiple gun safety incidents on the short shoot. Balwin is a producer and was on set. He should bear some responsibility. Cutting corners and hiring the unqualified when the union members expressed concerns re: safety led to a woman's death no matter what word games they play or how they try to play hot potato with the chain of possession of the gun. Another option would have been to respond to the safety concerns by enhancing safety protocols rather than killing someone.

by Anonymousreply 352October 23, 2021 2:54 AM

Yes. How ironic it would be if Baldwin is held legally responsible for not beefing up the safety on the set, and then it was he himself who ended up doing the killing...

by Anonymousreply 353October 23, 2021 2:57 AM

Has he made an angry video defending himself yet? Lolol. He will .

by Anonymousreply 354October 23, 2021 2:58 AM

This is quite damning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 23, 2021 3:01 AM

There can be civil litigation against Baldwin, because the threshold for criminal liability is lower than in a civil court than a criminal court

But because the gun passed through so many hands, a criminal charge against Baldwin is unlikely - even if corners were cut. That is a civil matter, not criminal.

by Anonymousreply 356October 23, 2021 3:01 AM

Interesting that the armorer is the daughter of a famous armorer. Sometimes the offspring of the successful turn out to be totally incompetent. Nepotism can be a terrible thing.

by Anonymousreply 357October 23, 2021 3:03 AM

Cheney did it.

by Anonymousreply 358October 23, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote]Was this a deliberate set up?

Let it go, R322; as we said, "It's been handled."

by Anonymousreply 359October 23, 2021 3:08 AM

The armorer is in DEEEEPPP shit. Both the AD and Alec Baldwin were told the gun was cold with no live ammunition. The gun was handed to Baldwin for a rehearsal.

A cop show, “The Rookie” said it was immediately dropping the use of live guns and was only going to use fake guns and put muzzle flashes and smoke in post with CGI. I would I imagine this is going to change the industry completely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360October 23, 2021 3:11 AM

Ten days is not a month R215. It’s less than two weeks. The whole shoot is less than a month. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 361October 23, 2021 3:12 AM

@355- Agree, it really is.

by Anonymousreply 362October 23, 2021 3:15 AM

When the assistant director handed Baldwin the gun saying "cold gun" all the reports say Baldwin started firing 2 seconds later and one person is dead. Even if it was a shot directed at the camera, this is what one pyrotechnic and special effects technician said: ":Anytime you see a movie where the barrel is pointed down the camera lens, there should not be an operator behind it. We would have additionally had a barrier between them."

And:If you are in the line of fire... You would have a face mask, you would have goggles, you would stand behind a Perspex screen, and you would minimize the number of people by the camera.

'What I don't understand in this instance is how two people have been injured, one tragically killed, in the same event,' Steven Hall, who has worked on films such as Fury and The Imitation Game, told BBC.

by Anonymousreply 363October 23, 2021 3:15 AM

[quote]Interesting that the armorer is the daughter of a famous armorer.

I’ve just watched a few videos on him, and he has some serious credentials.

We won’t be adding Hannah to the thread for children who are more talented than their famous parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364October 23, 2021 3:18 AM

Why did Alec aim any gun at the cinematographer? My guess is he saw his bloated pig face and decided to play one of his angry "pranks." You know - where he attacks and berates people.

His apology is just a bit off. Of course he is wisely using legal advice with his words, but for a socialist democrat Alec Baldwin is one weirdly power tripping abusive husband and father and citizen. He's one very judgmental human being who is famously thin skinned and reactive. Rageaholic.

It's a disgusting tragedy and no doubt unintentional. That is not the same thing as faultless.

by Anonymousreply 365October 23, 2021 3:18 AM

New Mexico has some lax laws when it comes to public records. I wouldn't be surprised if police body cam footage gets released soon if a FOIA is opened.

by Anonymousreply 366October 23, 2021 3:20 AM

Alec Baldwin will have TWO VEAL CUTLETS for his last meal, you hog!

by Anonymousreply 367October 23, 2021 3:23 AM

1. The plaintiff or suing party will name each and every entity on the set who could possibly have any liabllity.

2. A plaintiff has two years to sue.

3. The toddler who was eaten by an alligator in Disneyland . No lawsuit ever filed. Disney paid the. Mother of all settlements, that’s why. Not that Alec has that kind of cash.

4. Alex and others at the top of the food chain obviously have the most liability.

5. A case for Gross négligence is very strong. Safety crew walked out days before; there were two accidental discharges before this incident.

6. A key element is KNOWLEDGE - there was very clear knowledge beforehand of this danger and there was A FAILURE TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO AVOID THE TRAGEDY WHICH THE PARTIES KNEW IR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN could happen.

I’m no fan but I feel badly for him. Victim of his own stupidity and narcissism . Of course we all feel worse for the woman’s husband and son.

by Anonymousreply 368October 23, 2021 3:24 AM

Let's starting casting the minseries titled-Movie Set Tragedy

by Anonymousreply 369October 23, 2021 3:26 AM

Oops meant to type "Let's start" not "Let's starting".

by Anonymousreply 370October 23, 2021 3:27 AM

R367- Don't forget the SHweddy Balls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 23, 2021 3:27 AM

And use real guns, with live ammo, and an incompetent armorer, R369? Wouldn't that be meta....

by Anonymousreply 372October 23, 2021 3:27 AM

“WHICH ONE OF YOU BITCHES IS MY ARMORER???”

by Anonymousreply 373October 23, 2021 3:28 AM

His lifetime of arrogance - I know better than those walkout union gun "experts" - finally caught up with him.

He went cheap on the production. But to hear about potential gun safety issues and to then not personally watch as the gun was loaded and to then shoot it so carelessly is moronic on a personal level. And the poor woman paid for his narcissism with her life

by Anonymousreply 374October 23, 2021 3:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 23, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote] There can be civil litigation against Baldwin, because the threshold for criminal liability is lower than in a civil court than a criminal court

What? You don't litigate criminal liability in a civil court.

by Anonymousreply 376October 23, 2021 3:35 AM

How they ended up with an inexperienced 19 year old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377October 23, 2021 3:35 AM

LA Tines has updated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 23, 2021 3:44 AM

LA Times

[quote] Safety protocols standard in the industry, including gun inspections, were not strictly followed on the “Rust” set near Santa Fe, the sources said. They said at least one of the camera operators complained last weekend to a production manager about gun safety on the set.

by Anonymousreply 379October 23, 2021 3:47 AM

Now I don't think I want to see this movie.

by Anonymousreply 380October 23, 2021 3:48 AM

"LA Tines has updated"

Is that a fork trade publication, r378?

by Anonymousreply 381October 23, 2021 3:49 AM

[quote] What? You don't litigate criminal liability in a civil court.

Tell that to OJ Simpson

by Anonymousreply 382October 23, 2021 3:49 AM

This is really damning

[quote] Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set on Saturday said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges.

[quote] Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.

[quote] “There should have been an investigation into what happened,” the crew member said. “There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush.”

by Anonymousreply 383October 23, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote] Baldwin removed the gun from its holster once without incident, but the second time he repeated the action, ammunition flew toward the trio around the monitor. The projectile whizzed by the camera operator but penetrated Hutchins near her shoulder, then continued through to Souza. Hutchins immediately fell to the ground as crew members applied pressure to her wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 384October 23, 2021 3:52 AM

R380, I suspect this movie will never be finished and we won't see the existing footage for years, if ever.

by Anonymousreply 385October 23, 2021 3:53 AM

[quote] The person in charge of overseeing the gun props, known as the armorer, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, could not be reached for comment. The 24-year-old is the daughter of veteran armorer Thell Reed and had recently completed her first film as the head armorer for the movie “The Old Way,” with Clint Howard and Nicolas Cage.

by Anonymousreply 386October 23, 2021 3:53 AM

here are some 911 calls and transcripts, I know it's already posted earlier in this thread but I despise FOXNEWS and I won't click on it,

[quote] The dispatcher asked the caller, "Was it loaded with a real bullet?" The caller responded saying, "We don't, I don't, I cannot tell you that. We have two injuries from a movie gunshot.”

[quote] “And this (expletive) AD that yelled at me at lunch, asking about revisions, this mother (expletive.) (inaudible) He's supposed to check the guns. He's responsible for what happens on the set."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387October 23, 2021 3:55 AM

Wonder if the "producer" was Baldwin?

[quote[ One of the producers ordered the union members to leave the set and threatened to call security to remove them if they didn’t leave voluntarily.

[quote] The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left.

by Anonymousreply 388October 23, 2021 3:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 23, 2021 4:00 AM

Alec Baldwin, with the Prop Gun, on the Movie Set

by Anonymousreply 390October 23, 2021 4:01 AM

How soon would Joan Rivers have this in her act, as she did with 9/11?

by Anonymousreply 391October 23, 2021 4:05 AM

Be careful with that link at R390. I clicked the box to disallow notices and something weird happened. Screen goes blank, tells you you have a virus, and gives you a box to check to fix your "virus." I did a virus check (on my own app) and I didn't have one.

by Anonymousreply 392October 23, 2021 4:06 AM

As producer, Baldwin certainly knew the union cameramen were being fired and replaced with non-union on the same day.

Shows how fucked up his priorities were. His own stunt man got a "cold" gun with live ammo a few days earlier and he's more worried about saving a few more bucks with non-union camera operators than looking into the gun safety issues

by Anonymousreply 393October 23, 2021 4:06 AM

Be careful with that link at [R389]. I clicked the box to disallow notices and something weird happened. Screen goes blank, tells you you have a virus, and gives you a box to check to fix your "virus." I did a virus check (on my own app) and I didn't have one.

I meant link at R389.

by Anonymousreply 394October 23, 2021 4:07 AM

I'm with R243. The pics of him distraught on set show he is NOT in costume, so the early assumption that he fired the shot during a take might have been misleading. If he wasn't in costume when he pointed the prop gun and pulled the trigger, then he wasn't using the appropriately or as part of his job and he's completely and totally fucked legally.

Now perhaps these pictures show him after he'd taken off the costume shirt (his shoes look like they might be part of an old west costume), I don't know. But it's an intriguing line of thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395October 23, 2021 4:09 AM

So, who will Hilaria's next husband be?

by Anonymousreply 396October 23, 2021 4:09 AM

they already said it was a rehearsal, dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 397October 23, 2021 4:12 AM

?Antonio Banderas?

by Anonymousreply 398October 23, 2021 4:12 AM

Sean Penn recently came on the market, R396. It would be such a "smooth" transition that she might not even notice.

by Anonymousreply 399October 23, 2021 4:14 AM

damn, that girl will never work again. but she's young enough to find another field...

by Anonymousreply 400October 23, 2021 4:16 AM

the hashtags #AlecForPrison are popping up on twitter, no surprise, posted by Trumpards, and they immediately spread the rumor the murderer Baldwin also linked to CP.

by Anonymousreply 401October 23, 2021 4:16 AM

Lol, R399. True. And Sean can still get it up.

by Anonymousreply 402October 23, 2021 4:16 AM

R396, Scott Disick is available.

by Anonymousreply 403October 23, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote]On LSA there's a report that Alec Baldwin was told he needed to reshoot the film and said, "Why don't I just shoot the two of you" and "playfully" fired the gun and the DP bled out.

That's from a faked news report already covered on Snopes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404October 23, 2021 4:21 AM

Will SNL dare to touch this?

They mocked the Claudine Longet/Spider Sabich shooting mercilessly back in the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 405October 23, 2021 4:24 AM

SNL sucks Baldwin dick. I don't get his popularity at all. And no, he was never great looking. He was always posing with his pursed lips and ironic beefcake. He was arrogant but not sexy. Dude is slimy. Now he's old ugly, gross, lazy and fat with a hair trigger temper. KapoW!!

Divorce him Hilaria. You're still young and fertile!

by Anonymousreply 406October 23, 2021 4:30 AM

I don't think the wife will leave him, she will never find anyone better than him. Face it, what man wants to deal with her baggage of 12 kids or whatever the number is. Rich men want younger pussy, not used up hole the size of grand canyon after squeezing out a million kids

by Anonymousreply 407October 23, 2021 4:34 AM

Very exciting to hear Maddow talk about DL favorite Jon Erik Hexum tonight. I thought about you cunts as soon as his gorgeous mug came on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 408October 23, 2021 4:35 AM

Who would want her, she is like an even crazier Octomom. She had 2 kids 5 months apart using a surrogate. And she pretends to be from Spain when she grew up in Boston. Only a drunk and junkie like Alec would take on her mess and that was before the litter of kids.

They are both OVAH. Yet, will continue to pimp out oldest girl.

How will Hilary cope?

by Anonymousreply 409October 23, 2021 4:37 AM

If Baldwin wasn’t a producer on this project, and only an actor, wouldn’t you think he and Frances and Travis and Jensen and all the rest of the actors as SAG/AFTRA Union members would have walked off the set when the union crew walked off, out of solidarity?

It was no longer a union shoot when the crew walked off.

Isn’t it more likely they all remained because actor/PRODUCER Alec asked them to?

by Anonymousreply 410October 23, 2021 4:39 AM

Alec Baldwin is too big to be canceled over this, R409. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 411October 23, 2021 4:39 AM

R408, Why does Joan Collins never mention working with him on that movie of the week where he was a male model she mentored?

by Anonymousreply 412October 23, 2021 4:40 AM

Alec shills and cleaners out in force.

by Anonymousreply 413October 23, 2021 4:40 AM

R411, He's not A-list.

by Anonymousreply 414October 23, 2021 4:41 AM

Gayle King was expressing more sympathy Friday morning for Baldwin rather than the victim.

by Anonymousreply 415October 23, 2021 4:43 AM

R395: Alec was in costume during the shooting. He changed into street clothes as the sheriff wanted the blood-stained costume.

Do not click on R389’s link. I also got the virus message scammy warning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416October 23, 2021 4:47 AM

[quote] I mean...how the fuck did he also shoot another person? UNLESS he was being...Alec Baldwin...and aiming at them both in a fit of rage because it was getting close to lunch and they weren't working fast enough?

Now that's it's clear he had no idea he had been handed a gun with a live round in it and had no idea it did, I hope you are thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 417October 23, 2021 4:49 AM

R416, Anne Heche for the made for TV movie of the incident.

by Anonymousreply 418October 23, 2021 4:49 AM

it figures infested websleuth cunts would give you a virus!

by Anonymousreply 419October 23, 2021 4:52 AM

Hee, hee. Best day evah!!!

by Anonymousreply 420October 23, 2021 5:01 AM

The "frantic" call from the script supervisor doesn't seem that frantic. She seems rather disinterested in the whole thing and only gets agitated when talking about how the AD yelled at her at lunch. Strange woman.

by Anonymousreply 421October 23, 2021 5:03 AM

[quote] Now that's it's clear he had no idea he had been handed a gun with a live round in it and had no idea it did, I hope you are thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Oh, fuck off. He pointed a GUN, loaded or not, at another human being and pulled the trigger. That is a despicable thing to do, under any circumstances. You sound like a total moron.

by Anonymousreply 422October 23, 2021 5:11 AM

Very strange, R421.

There had been several gun safety incidents on the short shoot. Crew walked out in part over safety issues. Baldwin was a producer and was well on notice. His own stunt double had a "cold" gun go "hot" the previous weekend. Rather than address the safety concerns they told the union crew to leave and threatened to call the cops. 6 hours later a woman was dead.

by Anonymousreply 423October 23, 2021 5:13 AM

Alec didn’t mean it, and I forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 424October 23, 2021 5:15 AM

Why was he pointing it at the director and cinematographer? Was he supposed to be pointing it at the camera and they were behind it?

by Anonymousreply 425October 23, 2021 5:16 AM

If Alec were conservative this thread would have a very different tone to it.

Baldwin is a straight up murderer and he should spend the rest of his life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 426October 23, 2021 5:20 AM

[quote] [R411], He's not A-list.

Neither is Caitlyn Jenner and they didn’t cancel her when she killed a person with her car.

I don’t know what you people think is going to happen to Baldwin (or no longer happen for him) after this, but no one thinks he’s really to blame here. It was an unfortunate accident. People don’t become pariahs over something like this.

by Anonymousreply 427October 23, 2021 5:22 AM

If Winona Ryder could become a pariah over shoplifting, Baldwin being a producer on a film that crew had deemed unsafe and walked off of and then this will follow him for the rest of his life. As will the lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 428October 23, 2021 5:26 AM

Almost every single actor in Hollywood who has starred or been featured n a Western or a detective/noir film or a military film has fired a prop gun at someone at some point in their career. And this hasn't happened. Alec Baldwin was doing nothing that Tom Cruise, Eddie Murphy, Ryan Gosling, Ewan McGregor, Tom Hardy, Daniel Craig, Will Smith, Keanu Reeves, Kevin Costner, etc. hasn't also done before.

by Anonymousreply 429October 23, 2021 5:34 AM

This sounds like a case for SVU.

by Anonymousreply 430October 23, 2021 5:37 AM

R427 They don't become pariahs after something like this? Add this to the 'rude little pig' message to his daughter, his refusing to stop playing a game on an airline post 9/11, his outbursts in NY including fighting with a man over a park spot, perpetuating his wife's pretentious nonsense and now a killer of a reason to shun the bastard.

by Anonymousreply 431October 23, 2021 5:38 AM

^ parking spot

by Anonymousreply 432October 23, 2021 5:39 AM

he's got some 'ludes in the freezer from 54. he's not worried about it tonight.

by Anonymousreply 433October 23, 2021 5:40 AM

R428, When did Lainie Kazan last work? All she did was shoplift some lobsters.

by Anonymousreply 434October 23, 2021 5:43 AM

wow r434 never heard of that story.

She had a pattern of doing it too! And at the same store so they were on the watch for her. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 435October 23, 2021 5:56 AM

Since this was a movie set, will be interesting to see whether the gunfiring was recorded.

by Anonymousreply 436October 23, 2021 5:57 AM

R427, Caitlyn Jenner is transgender. If she were a cishet man who were in the spotlight as conservative the media would have demanded he be held accountable and imprisoned.

Baldwin will get off I agree. But he would be imprisoned of he were conservative.

by Anonymousreply 437October 23, 2021 6:09 AM

Imagine how different the coverage and this thread would be if it were about a gay celebrity like Ellen Degeneres were the shooter.

“”monster Ellen Degeneres shoots two” the CNN article headline would be

by Anonymousreply 438October 23, 2021 6:11 AM

"Alec Baldwin is too big to be canceled over this, [R409]. Sorry."

Oh, he's too big to be cancelled over being the rude little pig he generally is, but he's not to big for being cancelled over killing someone in an unsafe environment that he helped to create.

By all accounts so far, the set was very unsafe and the producers made no effort to make things safer, quite the reverse. So this isn't going to go away or get hushed up, particularly when the IATSE (production crew union) has been threatening to strike over exactly these sorts of issues. So the lawsuits and criminal trials are going to be in the news for years and haunt Baldwin for the rest of his career, and if he wants to support his brood he's going to have to go looking for work in China or Dubai, or some other place where nobody gives a rat's ass about workplace safety.

by Anonymousreply 439October 23, 2021 7:34 AM

Two theories: a) a stalker who changed the blanks for live amo., and b) a weapon lobbiist sneaking on set or getting a small job to do so doing hat to him. Wasn't he very outspoken against weapons?

by Anonymousreply 440October 23, 2021 8:00 AM

The family of Baldwin’s victim may be able to get justice in New Mexico, which they wouldn’t get under celebrity justice in southern California.

by Anonymousreply 441October 23, 2021 8:05 AM

I wonder what Kim and Ireland are thinking.

I never really liked Baldwin. He oozed arrogance and it was so off-putting. Then I learned about his rages and homophobia. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 442October 23, 2021 8:27 AM

R84 And I say kill yourself. Not sure why it's stupid or trolling to think that someone with noted anger issues would aim and pull the trigger of a prop gun that he assumed was not loaded in a fit of rage or frustration.

THAT'S such a ridiculous theory, you twat?

by Anonymousreply 443October 23, 2021 9:35 AM

It's entirely possible that he was being a dickhead and handling the gun unprofessionally, R443, but so far none of the reports from the set have said that was the case. Instead, the leaks have all focused on the ongoing safety issues and negligent management, not Baldwin's temper and ego.

by Anonymousreply 444October 23, 2021 9:44 AM

R444 So far...

by Anonymousreply 445October 23, 2021 9:47 AM

[quote]The production should have been shut down when the unionized employees walked off, especially if a health and safety complaint was made.

Exactly. I'm hearing two stories, one that they walked off on their own that morning, which I got from the same source that Eoin Higgins's tweet has, but also that the union members were forcibly escorted off by cops. Sounds like it was both, that some left and then the others still on set were rounded up by cops.

A few people have mentioned that it's odd that the production had scabs set up to work, but everything I've heard about that is that production saw a walkout as imminent and made plans to hire non-union replacements and screw the union for what they felt was basically insubordination.

If things were that hostile and Halyna had been on the union's side and trying to help negotiate, noted anger aficionado Alec Baldwin is going to have a very tough time ever living this down. The cops will probably never charge him for anything but people will wonder for the rest of their lives if he didn't just lose his temper yet again.

by Anonymousreply 446October 23, 2021 9:59 AM

[quote]Alec probably never thought in a million years that he would have been handed a "hot gun".

He should have, though. Everyone knows when you cut corners and hire people who aren't trained professionals, mistakes are made. When those mistakes involve real guns, you're putting people's lives in danger.

by Anonymousreply 447October 23, 2021 10:08 AM

[quote]What the hell is a prop gun? Is it a real gun with no ammo? Is it a fake?

R241, a prop gun is either a fake gun that cannot be shot at all, or a real gun that doesn't use live ammo. "Prop gun" is used to describe either one of these.

Many movies use real guns with blanks because it's not easy to fake the physics of a shot, the reaction the gun has in the hand and the kickback especially are difficult to mimic. Also they will use a real gun in a shot where the gun can be seen clearly. There are many old films where you can see that a gun is fake, the barrel will be solid so no bullets can be loaded, or someone shoots and absolutely nothing moves even though in real life there would be at least mild kickback. It simply looks better to use a real gun.

Because real guns are used as "prop guns" so often, it's always the AD's job to check that a gun is safe. This AD had to have known the non-union locals were playing around with the gun and shooting live ammo during their downtime. It's inconceivable that the production allowed that, first of all, and even more unbelievable that the AD wasn't triple checking that gun every time it got near the set.

by Anonymousreply 448October 23, 2021 10:32 AM

The fact that the same thing had just recently happened to his stunt double gives everyone involved in the incident knowledge that it’s possible (even likely) for it to happen again, unless they took steps to prevent it. If it’s shown they changed nothing, many people could be in trouble—but because they all share pieces of blame, i doubt they will have criminal issues, just civil $$$$ ones.

by Anonymousreply 449October 23, 2021 10:33 AM

R395 Alec was in costume when he fired the fatal shot. Blood was splattered on his costume from the shooting. He changed into the black clothes and gave the Sheriff's Dept his bloodied costume.

by Anonymousreply 450October 23, 2021 10:44 AM

I wish people like r280 would stop posting that fake shit on these threads. Someone on 4chan created two fake news article snippets with those fake quotes in them, and they keep getting spread around even though they were debunked almost immediately.

You know damn well that rightwing trolls have been all over this news, you can't just blindly believe everything you read about it.

by Anonymousreply 451October 23, 2021 10:44 AM

R280 Snopes says that it is a false story being spread by someone who edited the text.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452October 23, 2021 10:46 AM

Sorry. I didn't see that somebody just posted this earlier.

by Anonymousreply 453October 23, 2021 10:49 AM

[quote]There was an early "explanation" on the thread that it was a shot where he was supposed to shoot at the camera - but surely they don't even put blanks in a gun that's meant to shoot up-close at a camera?

Yes, they absolutely do. The actors shoot just slightly off to one angle so they are not shooting directly at any crew. Crew is removed from the line of fire of the blank, except those absolutely required to be there. Perspex shields and other safety measures are often used.

I think a lot of people thought this happened when they were trying to get a shot, because that made the most sense, given that movies love the shot where it looks like someone is firing at the camera. Finding out that it was rehearsal makes the whole situation worse.

It means that the non-union locals were allowed to play around with the gun with live ammo during their down time and that they didn't remove the live rounds when done, that the armorer placed the gun on the cart without checking to make sure there were no live rounds, that production was using real guns for rehearsals instead of a toy or rubber prop (which is what is recommended on all films), that the AD handed the gun to the actor without checking it first, and that the actor was either playing around with it or mishandled it.

That is an incredible series of mistakes involving several separate people who all knew better. It is criminal negligence. I doubt anyone will be charged, but it definitely crosses the line into criminality.

by Anonymousreply 454October 23, 2021 10:51 AM

r303, r387 explains that: the AD is supposed to check the guns. The AD always checks the guns on the set. Others have already mentioned this but it bears repeating, I think. This AD is Dave Hall, he's got 30 years of experience on movies like Fargo and Matrix Reloaded, and it sounds like what the caller is saying is that Hall was fucking around instead of doing his job. That's why she mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 455October 23, 2021 11:07 AM

Friday's "Inside Edition" was so ambiguous.

It started off with a sympathetic to Baldwin telling of the shooting, followed by a segment that showed every single time he has lost his temper and lashed out in public, including once roughing up one of their own cameramen.

by Anonymousreply 456October 23, 2021 11:39 AM

Inside Edition is still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 457October 23, 2021 11:40 AM

R26, aren't there different types of producers in a production?

by Anonymousreply 458October 23, 2021 11:49 AM

OP, you deserve an Oscar for the title of this thread alone, or whoever came up with it first if it wasn't you.

by Anonymousreply 459October 23, 2021 11:51 AM

[quote]Rather than address the safety concerns they told the union crew to leave and threatened to call the cops. 6 hours later a woman was dead.

Who is this ‘they’ I keep reading about?

Surely that whole list of producers wasn’t actually on set - most probably weren’t even in New Mexico.

Which persons of authority were even on the set that day?

I’m guessing not many more than Baldwin.

Who called the cops on the union crew members that needed to be escorted off set?

And if the union crew had walked off set, which ones remained and why did they remain if it was a walk-off?

Were the remaining union crew members who intended to walk, but hadn’t yet, causing some sort of trouble? Or was calling the cops just a show of force by…which producers? ADs? Directors?

by Anonymousreply 460October 23, 2021 12:07 PM

I'm sure there were plenty of phone calls and video calls about the union members' complaints made to those who make the decisions, if they weren't actually on set. The production company would have had employees on set to make sure those decisions got implemented.

by Anonymousreply 461October 23, 2021 12:15 PM

[quote] OP, you deserve an Oscar for the title of this thread alone, or whoever came up with it first if it wasn't you.

I literally posted what exactly happened.

by Anonymousreply 462October 23, 2021 12:16 PM

That fat slob has stress-eaten 76 cheeseburgers since his little spree shooting.

by Anonymousreply 463October 23, 2021 12:18 PM

I still don’t understand why real bullets (not blanks) would ever need to be used on a film set, if that is what happened here.

by Anonymousreply 464October 23, 2021 12:21 PM

R462, No, it's a brilliant title/headline. Trust me

by Anonymousreply 465October 23, 2021 12:22 PM

R464, exactly

Or maybe one of the crew members who walked out did it for revenge?

by Anonymousreply 466October 23, 2021 12:24 PM

They need to throw the book at this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 467October 23, 2021 12:26 PM

This was a, how-you-say…accident?

by Anonymousreply 468October 23, 2021 12:27 PM

I think this was just a freak accident of epic proportions all around. That poor lady, though! Her son is all of nine years old and this unfortunate situation is being published far and wide. I hope her husband sues the living fuckdom out of everyone.

If I have things straight the logic is that the person handing Alec Baldwin the gun was to have obtained it from a props department which checked it, then the person who had to carry the gun to Alec Baldwin had to check the gun, and then (maybe, I'm trying to be fair minded) Alec Baldwin should have checked the gun as well?! Is that correct?

Has anyone picked up on Alec Baldwin's age? Some media reports are claiming he is 68?! I wonder what's going on with that since I could have sworn he was 63.

by Anonymousreply 469October 23, 2021 12:34 PM

R 54 there are a lot of "shots" where the camera is looking down the barrel. It's nothing unusual. Plus there is no way to accidentally have regular bullets in a gun on a film set. It's insane. My take is definitely sabotage, and I get more convinced the more I hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 470October 23, 2021 12:47 PM

R470 = loon who believes that just because some asshole has ONE right opinion (hating Dump), he is incapable of ever doing wrong.

R470, did you know Hitler was a vegetarian who hated Stalin? That's TWO right opinions, so you know he was TWICE as unable to do anything bad ever!

by Anonymousreply 471October 23, 2021 12:54 PM

R454 - "the actor was either playing around with it or mishandled it". this part of your imagined scenario doesn't need to be true at all. Baldwin was handed a live gun, but he didn't now, and he went through the rehearsal and did as directed and shot where he was supposed to shoot with blanks. AND A BULLET CAME OUT AND RIPPED THROUGH PEOPLE.

Baldwin might have some responsibility for the production being so shoddy and contentious but he didn't know he was shooting a live gun.

by Anonymousreply 472October 23, 2021 12:54 PM

This is what happened in one episode of Columbia. Someone had deliberately loaded the prop gun with live ammo.

by Anonymousreply 473October 23, 2021 12:55 PM

I have a question, since I’ve never touched a gun in my life. How difficult is it to accidentally discharge a weapon? I’m under the impression that you need a decent amount of PSI to squeeze the trigger, that there needs to be intentional force.

by Anonymousreply 474October 23, 2021 1:02 PM

I thought it was established that:

- this was a rehearsal

- Baldwin had just pulled the gun out of the holster with no incident

- Baldwin pulls it out a second time and then it discharges

by Anonymousreply 475October 23, 2021 1:23 PM

I don't believe Baldwin is any kind of legal trouble, re responsibility for the killing and wounding. He MIGHT be in legal trouble for proceeding to film in such unsafe circumstances, in his role as producer, we'll see what the facts show. I feel sorry for him, but I also believe that he is finished as an actor and as a celebrity. No more movies, no more SNL, no more NY Philharmonic broadcasts on NPR, and his lunatic wife's bebe' 'n' buzum show on Instagram is over. They're effectively out of business.

by Anonymousreply 476October 23, 2021 1:26 PM

Has Kim Basinger commented on her doofus ex-husband's latest fuckup?

by Anonymousreply 477October 23, 2021 1:26 PM

Regarding the 911 call: the woman isn't casually complaining about a co-worker, she is bitching about the AD who yelled at her during lunch about script revisions, that it was his responsibility to hand off a safe gun to Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 478October 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Alec's life is a textbook example of "The Luck of the Irish".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479October 23, 2021 1:30 PM

R476 I have hated Baldwin for years, since he became a trashy abuser of everyone around him but I doubt this will finish him. He will be forgiven as he has a built in liberal fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 480October 23, 2021 1:40 PM

After he get troo this ordeal my Alec-ito will get a, uh, howyousay?, ovation of standings at the Emmys!

by Anonymousreply 481October 23, 2021 1:42 PM

R437, arch conservative Dick Cheney wasn’t canceled when he PURPOSEFULLY shot a loaded gun (that he knew was loaded). It’s ridiculous you think a conservative wouldn’t get away with this, when they get away daily with breaking and flaunting the law.

I can’t think of any comparable case btw. Very unique circumstances. he was handed a gun that he was told was cold, and performed a scene. How many thousands of actors were told the same thing and performed without incident?

by Anonymousreply 482October 23, 2021 1:43 PM

Cheney shoots to wound.

I shoot to kill.

by Anonymousreply 483October 23, 2021 1:44 PM

To review the seeming facts from all the gleeful trolling -- Real guns are often used as "props" on movie shoots. These guns are often loaded with blanks, for takes, because the the physical behavior of a gun being shot is really impossible for an actor to mimic convincingly. For certain shots props, guns are pointed at the camera and/or other actors. There is a chain of protocol and standard safety measures when firearms are used on set -- the armourer, prop-master and AD are responsible for maintaining these safety measures and checking the firearms, not the actor; since blanks are also dangerous. When loaded with a blank for a take, the prop gun is considered and verbally identified as "hot" and necessary crew are placed behind protective screens if they are near the line of fire. During rehearsals prop guns are not usually loaded with blanks. Unloaded prop guns are considered and verbally identified as "cold." There is never a reason to have live ammuniton on set.

This incident occurred during a rehearsal, so the placement of crew and safety shields may have been different than it would have been for an actual take. The gun was verbally identified as "cold." There were noted problems with gun-safety on set before this incident; several union crew members expressed concern and several union crew members walked off the set earlier that day. Union crew were replaced with local non-union crew, who may have been less, even much less, experienced. Certain positions may have always been filled with non-union locals -- low budget films often do this. It seems that some non-union locals were "horsing around" with the prop guns and live ammunition during their off time -- this is both unnecessary from a production standpoint, and dangerously stupid. The producers and director where making crew and production decisions with the goal of saving money.

Baldwin, as an actor, is not responsible for checking the gun - that is not his job. He was apparently told by the AD that the gun was "cold" -- completely unloaded. Verifying that this is indeed the case is part of the AD's job. Baldwin, as a producer, is to some degree responsible to the crew and production decisions that were made --and the on-set atmosphere those decisions created; including the cost cutting measures of hiring non-union crew.

by Anonymousreply 484October 23, 2021 1:45 PM

Baldwin 2024!

by Anonymousreply 485October 23, 2021 1:45 PM

It'll be interesting to see if Hutchins will be included in the "In Memoriam" segment at the Oscars and, if so, what the audience's reaction will be.

by Anonymousreply 486October 23, 2021 1:45 PM

R480, I'm sure you're right, as evidenced by so many of the comments here. But that will require ignoring the fact that he drove the union workers off set one way or another, and hired clearly unqualified scabs. And this in the middle of tumultuous negotiations and threatened IATSE strike over exactly these types of safety issues.

If you are a Hollywood type, it's gonna be hard to say you support the IATSE while cheering on Baldwin.

But it'll be done anyway. The only hypocrites bigger than politicians and religious leaders are Hollywood celebs and producers. "Oh, I love unions! I support the worker!"... (as long as it doesn't cost me an extra few bucks, because if it does, fuck 'em, I'll hire scabs.)

by Anonymousreply 487October 23, 2021 1:46 PM

They're not, r464. It's been said several times on these threads alone, not to mention the articles and tweets and such, that live ammo is not allowed on set except for the instances when they want to film something really being shot. In those cases, it's a closed set with safety measures and someone trained making the shots.

What happened here is that crew members hired locally were playing with the guns with live ammo during their down time (shooting in the dessert) and left the ammo in. That hasn't made it to the papers yet I don't think but has been referenced in several tweets and screenshots, there are several posts on this thread about it. The ammo being left in happened once before with a stunt man and so they knew it was a concern but neither the AD nor the armorer bothered to check the gun before handing it over to Baldwin, and that was very specifically one of their jobs to do.

by Anonymousreply 488October 23, 2021 1:49 PM

So many people are coming into the thread, not reading a single thing, and saying "I still don't understand why" and asking questions that have been answered a shit ton of times.

by Anonymousreply 489October 23, 2021 1:49 PM

The Unions are the main culprit here.

by Anonymousreply 490October 23, 2021 1:50 PM

^Yes, and they should just be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 491October 23, 2021 1:51 PM

Again, for the last fucking time, the actor does NOT check the gun.

In fact, if the actor checks the gun, the AD has to do a check of it again to make sure the actor didn't screw something up on accident.

The reason the actor doesn't check the gun is Jon-Erik Hexum. True story. Actors are not hired for their knowledge of firearms. Actors don't check guns. The armoror, prop master, weapons expert etc. are hired for that. So is the AD, who always checks the gun before giving it to the actor, then takes the gun immediately after the scene is shot.

An anonymous actor on Twitter said when they had to use a gun, their firearms safety specialist had the gun in a case that was cuffed to them the whole day, so no one else could mess with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 23, 2021 1:55 PM

Maybe they can create a character for her and use the footage.

by Anonymousreply 493October 23, 2021 1:56 PM

W. Earl Brown's thread about how guns are handled on set is a good one, too. I thought it had been linked on here before but I can't find it now, sorry if it's a repeat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494October 23, 2021 1:56 PM

R487 It is very interesting how the battle between union vs scabs is playing out in this murder of the poor lady. Someone should be held responsible for her careless death but I doubt it. I have had jobs where our clients asked us to cross picket lines and I thought nothing of it. Unions are still big in H'wood but they mean nothing for most other fields. I have no doubt Baldwin will be blameless in the unfortunate lady's death.

by Anonymousreply 495October 23, 2021 2:02 PM

I do feel sorry for Alec. I know he is a narcissist, hothead, etc., but I am sure he is despondent about this.

by Anonymousreply 496October 23, 2021 2:04 PM

So from what I’ve read, the armorer and assistant director are ultimately responsible for processing guns and giving them to the actors in the state they’re supposed to be in. Although Union crew members walked off, did the armorer go with them? I don’t think so, and I’ve read the AD was still on set. I’m sure the police will walk them through their processes and determine where the slip ups occurred.

by Anonymousreply 497October 23, 2021 2:05 PM

I don’t think he’ll be shunned but the extremely high-profile, high-swagger gigs are over. Small, quiet character roles. These things do fade somewhat; I have a hard time remembering what his wife’s little scandal was all about. But this one will be too big to go away completely.

by Anonymousreply 498October 23, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote] If I have things straight the logic is that the person handing Alec Baldwin the gun was to have obtained it from a props department which checked it, then the person who had to carry the gun to Alec Baldwin had to check the gun, and then (maybe, I'm trying to be fair minded) Alec Baldwin should have checked the gun as well?! Is that correct?

NO. THAT IS NOT THIS WORKS. That is not how any of this works, as explained multiple times in this thread, and in at least a hundred articles written in the past twelve hours.

Actors NEVER check the gun because it is specifically handled and loaded by a propmaster or armorer and the guns are specifically retrofitted to not shoot real ammunition. If the actor were to futz with the gun, it could mess with the ammunition. The actor IS HANDED THE GUN BY THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OR ARMORER and everyone is told on set that a gun is shooting and whether the gun is “cold” (no ammo in gun) or “hot” (ammo in gun.)

In this specific instance, they were not even filming, they were rehearsing. Alec hit his mark, he was HANDED THE GUN by the AD who said “COLD GUN,” Alec pointed and the gun went off. The actor’s part in this process is literally last second FOR A REASON. There’s a long specific protocol in place on every production and movie that uses guns because guns can kill.

There’s a serious disconnect in how people understand TV and film production in general. They just don’t get it. Actors are not running around waving loaded guns.

Stop. You sound like morons.

by Anonymousreply 499October 23, 2021 2:05 PM

The armorer was there R497. So was the AD. They cannot leave if guns are being used. The whole production would have had to shut down.

The armorer is 24. This is only her second movie. Her father is a famous armorer who taught her. She’s quoted in an interview as saying she thought she might not be ready. I think that was made clear yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 500October 23, 2021 2:08 PM

He will be completely exonerated and I will hold nothing against him. I agree the media and public will stick this to him forever. The media because anything for a click. The public because they are pea-brained, hateful and envious and Alec being a hothead blowhard in life means he deserves to be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 501October 23, 2021 2:08 PM

I would be looking into that Assistant Director. He handed AB the gun and was also working on the Crow sequel when Brandon Lee was killed. It seems very fishy.

by Anonymousreply 502October 23, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote] He handed AB the gun and was also working on the Crow sequel when Brandon Lee was killed. It seems very fishy.

If the AD worked on the Crow Sequel, he did NOT work with Brandon Lee who died during the filming of the first movie.

by Anonymousreply 503October 23, 2021 2:16 PM

R502 knows this, r503. He's got about 500 sockpuppets and he trolls all these threads about crimes saying stupid things, hoping someone will pay attention to him.

by Anonymousreply 504October 23, 2021 2:17 PM

Wonder if they also cut corners on INSURANCE? This quote is a doozy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505October 23, 2021 2:20 PM

The gun went through many hands before reaching Baldwin. He trusted the last person who handed it to him.

But the real questions are, who brought a loaded gun onto the set and why?

by Anonymousreply 506October 23, 2021 2:20 PM

There were crew members shooting the guns with live ammo in the desert while they had nothing to do. They apparently handed over the loaded gun to the armorer who put it on the cart with all the guns used for the film. Then the AD took the gun from the cart and gave it to Baldwin.

The crew members playing with the gun, the armorer, and the AD were all supposed to check the gun to make sure it didn't have live ammo. None of them did.

Hopefully R506 will be the last person to fucking ask this fucking question which was fucking answered several fucking times already.

by Anonymousreply 507October 23, 2021 2:23 PM

^This has been discussed above, way up, go and hunt for it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 508October 23, 2021 2:23 PM

R504 The sockpuppeteers are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 509October 23, 2021 2:24 PM

R503, you’re right. The way the article I read was written made it seem like he worked on the Brandon Lee film.

R504, shut up, it’s my first time posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 510October 23, 2021 2:24 PM

From what I’ve read, especially r499, actors are actually forbidden with messing with the guns. This is because they could screw something up. If he did check it, it starts the process over again of the armorer and AD checking the gun. So even if Baldwin wanted to, he couldn’t check the gun beforehand.

Finally, again from what I’ve read, no matter what, live rounds (I.e., bullets) should never be used under any circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 511October 23, 2021 2:26 PM

R507, I have read that as a rumor, has it been verified? Honestly, that makes the most sense though unless the prop guns were loaded with ammo purposefully for a nefarious reason—but I don’t believe at all that was the case.

by Anonymousreply 512October 23, 2021 2:31 PM

"Did Halyna die of natural causes", asks Gayle King

by Anonymousreply 513October 23, 2021 2:33 PM

To confirm, the AD worked on a sequel of The Crow, The Crow: Salvation, not the original movie. He really does have a ton of experience on quite a few high profile projects.

by Anonymousreply 514October 23, 2021 2:36 PM

There’s still no proof real bullets were actually used and why, just a few unsubstantiated tweets that aren’t very easy to find among these megatheads.

‘scab’ also seems to be someone’s favourite word at the moment, and seeing it written constantly is getting annoying.

by Anonymousreply 515October 23, 2021 2:39 PM

R515 needs to be blocked by everyone. Her atrocious spelling is reminiscent of Janbot. R515 is a sock puppeteer. Block it!

by Anonymousreply 516October 23, 2021 2:43 PM

^R515, There's still no "proof" ANY of this ever happened at all. It's all just pure speculation. Don't be such a scab.

by Anonymousreply 517October 23, 2021 2:45 PM

R517 is guilty of being a scab, sock puppeteer, and right wing Trump supporter. Block it!

by Anonymousreply 518October 23, 2021 2:47 PM

Where is the online support from his friends and colleagues, Tina Fey, Howard Stern, Lorne Michaels, Whoopi, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 519October 23, 2021 2:48 PM

R515, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

Only a live bullet could have done this kind of damage.

by Anonymousreply 520October 23, 2021 2:49 PM

R515 only has three postings from this one scab, sock puppet account. No doubt she has 15 or more sock puppet accounts going on this one thread. Block it! Block all of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 521October 23, 2021 2:52 PM

Your ability to block posters and see their posts depends on your cookies and theirs.

R515 may have lots of other posts that you don't see.

by Anonymousreply 522October 23, 2021 2:54 PM

A union crew wouldn’t have been putting live rounds in a gun and horsing around. Absolutely not.

Wanting to go cheap on this production killed this woman. Baldwin should be liable as a producer.

by Anonymousreply 523October 23, 2021 2:59 PM

Variety has reported there was one live round and other news articles have verified that since.

The LA Times has said there were THREE accidental discharges prior to the one that killed Hutchins. I know two were from a stunt man on Saturday, that's been reported.

There were several mentions earlier in the thread about someone saying the live rounds were left behind by people who had been using or practicing with live rounds elsewhere in the desert, it comes from a closed Facebook group screen shot I believe, I'm still trying to find it. I remember the post was from 2 days before the shooting and a crew member was alarmed by the lack of safety protocols, not just with guns but the whole shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524October 23, 2021 3:00 PM

A competent armorer would never let a prop gun be used for anything but a prop during the course of the production, especially after hours, even if it’s his/her own rented property. Whomever used it was playing with production’s assets.

by Anonymousreply 525October 23, 2021 3:07 PM

Reading R524–I think Alec Baldwin needs to be held accountable, especially with him being the producer of this film.

by Anonymousreply 526October 23, 2021 3:08 PM

Exactly r525. I don't know that people were just "playing around" with it like someone earlier said, if there was a scene where they were going to fire live rounds into an inanimate object, then maybe it was someone practicing for the shot.

Learning that there were multiple incidents of live ammo in the gun prior to the incident where Hutchins was killed, though, that makes me wonder what was going on. Apparently there was one discharge, then two with a stunt man on Saturday, then one more with Baldwin. Surely no one needed to be practicing with live rounds for three days? And after the first accidental discharge of live ammo, how could it have happened again and again?

by Anonymousreply 527October 23, 2021 3:13 PM

Do actors take producer very seriously or is it just a title. Is it basically meaningless?

by Anonymousreply 528October 23, 2021 3:14 PM

…and why was live ammo on the set in the first place? From what I’ve read, live ammo should never be used—ever. By live ammo I’m referring to your normal, everyday bullets.

by Anonymousreply 529October 23, 2021 3:15 PM

One thing's for sure, there's just always been so much drama and volatility around Alec. Not "karma" per se, but it's neither hard to imagine nor surprising that chaotic energy eventually somehow combusts.

by Anonymousreply 530October 23, 2021 3:19 PM

I don’t know r295, how do you know what an asshole tastes like?

I know I’m feeding the troll, but he does seem to like talking about tasting assholes.

by Anonymousreply 531October 23, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote]why was live ammo on the set in the first place?

Again, this has been answered four fucking million times.

Unfortunately, there are also people saying live ammo is never on a set ever, which isn't true. Live ammo IS used if there's a shot required where someone fires on an inanimate object, and they need that shot to look realistic. It's done on a closed set with safety measures and only necessary crew.

We don't know if there was a shot like that scheduled on Rust. My speculation is that there might have been and someone was practicing with live ammo for the upcoming shot, and that's how life ammo got left in the gun.

There's also a rumor that locals working on the set were allowed to play around with the guns in the desert when they weren't needed, and that was mentioned in some locked-down Facebook account, but like I said earlier I can't find that again. I saw it on Twitter several hours ago and no idea how to get to it again.

by Anonymousreply 532October 23, 2021 3:21 PM

* live ammo, not life ammo at R532

by Anonymousreply 533October 23, 2021 3:21 PM

Oh my goodness, I just got here!! Did they actually have REAL bullets on that set?! WHY??!!

by Anonymousreply 534October 23, 2021 3:23 PM

R521 et al. is completely unhinged. It’s not even clear what they’re accusing me of. Something about Donald Trump and sock puppets? How funny.

by Anonymousreply 535October 23, 2021 3:23 PM

It's because you said there was "no proof real bullets were actually used" r535, after multiple news sources have confirmed there were real bullets.

by Anonymousreply 536October 23, 2021 3:25 PM

R528, Baldwin also co-wrote the story with the director, who then turned it into a script. Baldwin was very invested in the film and, thus, I suspect he was a very hands-on producer.

by Anonymousreply 537October 23, 2021 3:29 PM

R532, the reason this is being brought up is that much of the stuff we’re reading, including stuff from film experts, says that live ammo is prohibited from being used on a movie set. Check out the article from the NYT which says that. This is a disconnect with what you’re saying. No need to jump down peoples’ throat—you may in fact be right. None of us are experts, which is why we’re questioning everything.

Maybe there’s a disconnect with what “live” means. I though “live” in the case of movies were blanks loaded into the gun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538October 23, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote]I suspect he was a very hands-on producer.

Apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 539October 23, 2021 3:32 PM

Felt pretty hands on to me. At least when he cocked that gun.

by Anonymousreply 540October 23, 2021 3:33 PM

Here's the thing about Baldwin's culpability as an ACTOR. Posters insist he was not responsible for checking the gun, in fact he was prohibited from doing so. Ok, but gun safety rules expressly prohibit you from pointing a real gun at people under any circumstances, even if you "know" it's not loaded.

Actor Baldwin will say he was pointing it at the camera but reports say the two people shot were standing right there with no barrier and in violation of safety protocol. Actor Baldwin was negligent for this action but throw in his role as producer means that he knew or should have known about the unsafe conditions on the set. These are sufficient grounds for criminal negligent manslaughter or homicide:

Employer’s unsafe policies. An employer set unsafe practices and policies at the workplace. An employee who follows these unsafe practices and policies dies as a result. The prosecution would likely charge the employer with manslaughter. Depending on the exact facts, however, a jury could find the employer guilty of the less serious crime of negligent homicide.

There was so much reckless incompetence on this set that Baldwin knew or should have known about as producer AND as the star actor it's hard to understand how he wouldn't face a criminal negligence charge.

by Anonymousreply 541October 23, 2021 3:38 PM

Here, r538:

[quote]The guidelines say live ammunition can be used on “a very rare occasion” for effects so long as precautions are taken ahead of filming and it is only on specific locations where live rounds are meant to be shot.

Maybe this article was never linked on these threads, I don't know, but people have been repeating this fact over and over and there's no reason for anyone to keep asking "But I thought you couldn't have live ammo on a set????" because we've established that it does happen on rare occasions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542October 23, 2021 3:39 PM

This will probably be a Catelyn Jenner type deal, which is infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 543October 23, 2021 3:40 PM

As an actor on a set with known gun safety issues, I would insist on personally watching as the gun I was going to use was being loaded

by Anonymousreply 544October 23, 2021 3:43 PM

Unless safety is not competition for your narcissism, R544.

by Anonymousreply 545October 23, 2021 3:50 PM

R541, I absolutely think he may have culpability as a producer. But not as an actor. It will be hard to prove that given that thousands of actors follow the same process and have pointed/shot a gun in a movie. I just feel it would be very, very difficult to prove. But as a producer? That’s another story.

Waiting to see the details come out—so many rumors out there it’s difficult to keep track.

by Anonymousreply 546October 23, 2021 3:56 PM

Wasn't this the plot of a Murder She Wrote episode?

by Anonymousreply 547October 23, 2021 3:57 PM

^Or maybe Magnum PI? Or Hawaii 5-0? Or Matlock? Perry Mason?

by Anonymousreply 548October 23, 2021 3:58 PM

Thanks, r542, it probably has been posted. But there is conflicting info out there—and experts—who say otherwise. But after reading the article I suspect what you posted was true and there are limited instances where you would want to use live ammo. And since this was a western it may have been the case here.

by Anonymousreply 549October 23, 2021 4:00 PM

No wait, didn't something like this happen on Golden Girls?!!

by Anonymousreply 550October 23, 2021 4:02 PM

[Quote] I suspect he was a very hands-on producer.

[quote] Apparently not.

Or he was hands-on in the wrong way: firing the union crew who complained about unsafe practices and then allowed said practices to continue to keep the budget down.

by Anonymousreply 551October 23, 2021 4:03 PM

I was one of the posters that suggested Baldwin should have checked the gun himself.

To clarify - the one time I was to use a gun in a scene, I never actually did the ‘checking’ myself.

I was given a rubber gun for rehearsal.

Then when the time came to shoot the scene (and the gun) I was *shown* by the armorer that the gun was loaded with one blank round. And then he handed me the gun - all while everyone on set stood perfectly quiet, paying close attention.

This happened each time the gun was returned to my hand.

The armorer was glad to show me each and every time, and I was glad to be shown each and every time.

by Anonymousreply 552October 23, 2021 4:09 PM

Maybe the person who was calling 911 was doing it surreptitiously. Like, the people in charge said “we’ll handle this” and the person who called didn’t want to get in trouble for going behind their backs/against instructions. They were probably trying to see how bad the damage was, and come up with a story.

by Anonymousreply 553October 23, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote] Guess the safety concerns of the union crew who walked were PRETTY FUCKING VALID, eh?

Exactly. But these were the people who sabotaged the gun in retaliation? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 554October 23, 2021 4:11 PM

He can add another accolade to his long list of credits and accomplishments - killer

by Anonymousreply 555October 23, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote]No wait, didn't something like this happen on Golden Girls?!!

I tried to get the writers to do a story like this with me aiming the "prop" gun at Betty White, but they didn't feel like it fit the tone of the show.

by Anonymousreply 556October 23, 2021 4:14 PM

Alec will have no liability as an actor. He will have liability as a producer.

by Anonymousreply 557October 23, 2021 4:16 PM

Alan Partridge sympathises with Alec

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558October 23, 2021 4:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559October 23, 2021 4:25 PM

This whole thing is so fucking senseless.

The reason you stop and check the gun each time it’s brought to set is to avoid a freak accident, however unlikely.

But it WASN’T actually unlikely on this set - guns had misfired 3 times previously, and the union crew walked.

When that has already transpired, actor/producer/AD/armorer/whomever - you don’t behave LESS cautiously, you behave MORE cautiously.

WHAT. THE ACTUAL. FUCK?!

by Anonymousreply 560October 23, 2021 4:26 PM

Could we PLEASE stop referring to the filmmaking term of the movie in questions as a "shoot"?

It wounds.

by Anonymousreply 561October 23, 2021 4:30 PM

Well, the victim DID look a little irritatingly pushy with that "determined" smoky-eye look, it must be said.

Everything does happen for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 562October 23, 2021 4:35 PM

I’ve been working in film since 1999 (including one of the Fast sequels) and we have never had real ammo on set, even when it was to shoot something inanimate. Actor shoots a blank, and SPFX (not visual, but practical) has a squib-type set up, elaborate cable set up, or pyro to shatter, get chunks flying, or blow up things.

Also had a friend who worked on The Crow, and said he could not work for about a year with the PTSD from the experience.

by Anonymousreply 563October 23, 2021 4:38 PM

R557, he may have liability as an actor IF he did something that an actor is not supposed to be doing.

For example, if this was a rehearsal, was he supposed to pull the trigger? If in fact he was pointing the gun at the camera and missed, did he do it knowing that safeguards weren't in place (like clearing unnecessary personnel from the downrange area, and waiting until necessary personnel were behind shields)? Was he fooling around with the pistol? As many have mentioned, you NEVER point ANY gun, loaded or not, at something you don't intend to shoot at. Liability will be estabilshed based on regular procedures in the industry and what Baldwin should have known/did provably know.

It's really too early to convict or exonerate him based on his actions as an actor.

As a producer, though -- sounds like he's gonna be in for a world of hurt.

by Anonymousreply 564October 23, 2021 4:40 PM

Low budget, made by scab films do not even remotely compare to huge budget, union films like the Fast series. Good fucking grief.

by Anonymousreply 565October 23, 2021 4:41 PM

I do not know for sure, I'm not in the business, but I would say that it's probably cheaper to hire some local guy who knows how to shoot and have him shoot out a window (for example) than it is to set up squibs on clear glass and then do the necessary CGI to remove any visible parts of the squib that show in the shot.

It's like what happened on Midnight Rider, it's much safer to use CGI to get a shot on a picturesque train trestle, but when you've got a budget of three bucks and a side of fries, you actually go to a trestle and shoot there.

by Anonymousreply 566October 23, 2021 4:50 PM

Can the crew sue Baldwin? They walked off the set hours before the death because of terrible working conditions.

by Anonymousreply 567October 23, 2021 4:53 PM

R565, I’ve also worked several Tier 1 films, including a well-known non-union $1 million dollar film, with several shooting scenes, with the same protocols as the tent pole films, so there goes your theory.

Comment from an armorer who dealt with the production company:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568October 23, 2021 4:59 PM

R568, not all of us have Fraubook. Would you mind posting the comment?

by Anonymousreply 569October 23, 2021 5:03 PM

Why were the non-union crew allowed to play around and fire the guns? Seems a likely source of live rounds getting in one, no?

by Anonymousreply 570October 23, 2021 5:06 PM

R568 has Covid-brain. Total moron.

by Anonymousreply 571October 23, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote] This whole thing is so fucking senseless.

Yes, exactly, the way these lazy posters keep asking and asking and reasking and rehashing these same stupid questions over and over and over again. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 572October 23, 2021 5:06 PM

If only Jessica Fletcher had been visiting the set that day, we'd already know exactly what happened and why.

by Anonymousreply 573October 23, 2021 5:12 PM

Ah my love, r571, I get tested 3x a week for CV for work, no positives yet! Despite this, I’m still a total moron- I attribute it to working 70-80 hours a week-lack of sleep does make you an idiot. How long have you worked in film production?

For those who don’t want to go on FB (it’s valuable for work for me):

Ryan Carr:

For those of you industry and non industry friends following this story. I unfortunately have some first hand insight. :( My thoughts are regret that I didn't say something earlier when I worked for this production company -Thomasville Pictures- in Feburary as a Thomasville Local. When I and multiple department heads including the prop master expressed shock for safety issues and poor planning concerning the very basics of set safety and common sense to multiple producers and were dismissed or just outright taken off the department head meeting schedule (no pay) or off the days shoot entirely.

1. This was totally avoidable. There are safety protocols in place, which is why this tragedy is so rare. Non industry but Thomasville friends... think Union Job.

2. I worked for this production company #ThomasvillePictures as a SAG Aftra stunt coordinator this year. I raised safety concerns during my employment. That was my job. I was not asked to be a part of their future projects. I had to educate producers on blanks, Class C explosives licence for SPFX department head, and numerous other concerns from car hits to any other type of crap you could think of. They had no idea what they were doing. I wouldn't let them around a horse none the less a gun. They dont know how to make the movies they are making.

3. This was a real gun and real bullet on set. Unforgivable.

4. The gun was taken for target practice by the propmasters daughter before filming. Ridiculous.

5. The gun was not checked on set. Insane.

6. The producers hired non union crew to film that day when their crew walked out for safety concerns the day before. That's when filming should have stopped.

7. There is a difference between a prop master and an armorer for a reason. They know better. Because I told them in Feburary.

8. The producers are responsible and ultimately negligent for hiring non union workers and not checking their work. Manslaughter.

9. Alec Baldwin is a union actor and a producer on the film Rust. Hes one of the bosses.

10. Thomasville Pictures is an unsafe production company. They cut corners and didnt hire union professionals. Thomasville let's them do everything for free. They got someone killed and should never be allowed to make movies again.

11. The prop master of the film One Way walked off of set for safety concers. Just like this movie. Foreshadowing

How many people need to walk off a movie set or say they feel unsafe before a producer will listen?

Send your thoughts and prayers to the families of Halyna Hutchins and Joel Souza not the producers of this film. It's not an accident. Its negligence. They dont know what they are doing. Everyone should claim responsibility for their incompetence instead of filming a western when they dont even know basic set or weapon safety. The best outcome is that these producers aren't allowed to make anymore movies and send every $ they saved being cheap to the child of Halyna Hutchins.

by Anonymousreply 574October 23, 2021 5:14 PM

Someone posted this:

My brother works in the film industry and is active in the union @IATSE, so I asked him about Alec Baldwin being given a loaded gun and accidentally killing director of photography (DP) Halyna Hutchins.

He explained that it's a result of union busting, scabs, and negligence.

by Anonymousreply 575October 23, 2021 5:15 PM

That FB post was quite telling.

Alec is spending a mint on crisis PR, so many posts missing from this thread and the very misleading title of the other one.

by Anonymousreply 576October 23, 2021 5:15 PM

Feel free to carry on at Part III (linked below) when this thread closes shortly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577October 23, 2021 5:17 PM

I'm just wondering how this all affects the inevitable 30 Rock reboot or reunion.....?

by Anonymousreply 578October 23, 2021 5:18 PM

Descriptions I've read of Ms. Hutchins's wound was that she was shot in the shoulder.

One of the articles states that she was airlifted to the hospital. What was the time frame between the shooting and the victims receiving medical care?

How likely are shoulder wounds to be deadly?

by Anonymousreply 579October 23, 2021 5:25 PM

R579- she was shot in the abdomen, which went through her, and it hit the director in the shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 580October 23, 2021 5:27 PM

r576, there are no missing posts on this thread. You have posters blocked. I do too, and they're right wing trolls.

by Anonymousreply 581October 23, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]The gun was taken for target practice by the propmasters daughter before filming.

Ah, there it is. Thanks for posting this. It's not the screen shot I saw earlier (which I believe was written by a crew member named Lucy? Or Linda?) but it confirms that they DID use the gun for target practice, which is why live rounds kept getting into it.

by Anonymousreply 582October 23, 2021 5:32 PM

R581

by Anonymousreply 583October 23, 2021 5:33 PM

R583

by Anonymousreply 584October 23, 2021 5:34 PM

R583, don't scare me like that!!

by Anonymousreply 585October 23, 2021 5:34 PM

r580, more recent articles said she was shot in the chest and shoulder area.

That makes more sense than the earlier version that said she was shot in the abdomen and Souza was shot in the shoulder while crouching behind her, because I couldn't figure out why he would be crouching and blocking his view of the shot. Once I learned that it was during rehearsal, I thought maybe he WAS crouching. Then the details changed and now we're hearing she was shot in the chest or shoulder, depending on which article you read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586October 23, 2021 5:35 PM

r987

by Anonymousreply 587October 23, 2021 5:35 PM

Someone on Twitter said a Trump supporter probably switched the gun since Trump hated Baldwin for his making fun of him. Plausible.

by Anonymousreply 588October 23, 2021 5:48 PM

R585

by Anonymousreply 589October 23, 2021 5:54 PM

R588

by Anonymousreply 590October 23, 2021 5:55 PM

R574, thanks for bringing that over. It comes with an obvious caveat - the writer is a union activist. That's fine but it betrays a lack of objectivity. The production company is not negligent for hiring non union workers. It may very well prove to have been negligent for hiring incompetent workers and advisers. The notion this writer is pushing is that unless you are union then you cannot be professional or competent. That's not the criteria for competency or professionalism.

There are many people who are expert at weapons safety and training and may not be part of any union.

And I say this as the proud descendent of union organizers who battled might forces to get the UAW and ILGWU organized. I am totally pro union.

Clearly the union wants to make an example of this production and this production company. I get that. But I hope that an objective independent investigation can be done without outside interference. Interference as in a threatened political entity (local sheriff, county, state) which doesn't want to risk the film industry or members of it threatening to boycott productions there. The film industry has a lot of money to get its way.

by Anonymousreply 591October 23, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote]I'm just wondering how this all affects the inevitable 30 Rock reboot or reunion.....?

Oh, it’s evitable, alright. Verrrrry evitable.

by Anonymousreply 592October 23, 2021 6:15 PM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593October 23, 2021 7:08 PM

R588 Kathy Griffith got cancer, Stormy Daniels' mouthpiece Avennatti was jailed and disbarred, Bill Clinton was hospitalized, Cuomo disgraced, Biden's poll numbers are in free fall and Baldwin accidentally killed someone. . .Trump's voodoo dolls are working overtime.

by Anonymousreply 594October 23, 2021 7:09 PM

Why not link to the SAG-AFTRA safety bulletin document:

Excerpts:

"AS AN ACTOR, YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE fOR YOUR OWN SAfETY AND THE SAfETY Of YOUR fELLOW CAST MEMBERS. Production management and crew are responsible for creating and maintaining safe conditions, but it is your right and responsibility to double check the set up to ensure your own Safety. "

by Anonymousreply 595October 23, 2021 7:36 PM

Cast members are other actors. Production and crew did not maintain safe conditions. It was a cascade of mistakes and not following gun safety protocol.

by Anonymousreply 596October 23, 2021 7:40 PM

This from the NY Post:

Alec Baldwin failed to follow the No. 1 rule of gun safety before the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust,” a Hollywood weapons expert tells The Post.

“Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,” said Bryan Carpenter, who heads Dark Thirty Film Services.

Even on a film or TV set, he said “you never let the muzzle of a weapon cover something you don’t intend to destroy.”

by Anonymousreply 597October 23, 2021 7:40 PM

Everybody is going to sue everybody here, for damages, negligence, slander, defamation, etc. Baldwin is going to get sued, he's going to file countersuits, and everyone's going to appeal, and all the major players including Baldwin are going to spend the rest of their lives taking whatever work they can get because they need to pay the lawyers.

There is also a good chance of manslaughter or criminal negligence charges against at least one person, maybe more than one.

by Anonymousreply 598October 23, 2021 8:02 PM

Awwwww but poor Alec! He was so hot decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 599October 23, 2021 8:17 PM

R595 R597 Right, this has been my take from the beginning when everyone was saying actor Alec wasn't at all responsible for pointing a gun and firing at people standing next to, or behind a camera, because he didn't realize the gun was loaded. It's the first rule of gun safety. If it was an underemployed actor grateful for any job and who was compelled not to question his superiors we would feel a little sorry for the guy, but he would still be some percentage responsible.

And of course we feel NO sympathy for the arrogant, smug, pugilistic blowhard who set everything in motion and delivered the mortal blow.

by Anonymousreply 600October 23, 2021 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!