Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

No one wants to work anymore, they are making more money off government stimulus, COUGH, COUGH, Bullshit.

A Florida man applied for 60 entry-level jobs in a month to prove the so-called 'labor shortage' is BS. Only one company even bothers to ask for an interview. Entry level jobs he was qualified for at minimum wage too.

You whiny Boomer Repugs that think the world is all about you and YOUR business need to stop. There is not shortage, you just don't want to pay people what they are worth or just love shitting on the government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 5:29 PM

This is exactly what people have been saying.

[quote]He said he only received one interview, at which point the business owner attempted to walk back the pay of $10/hour offered in the listing.

I'm sure that plenty of employers are finding out that people aren't letting them get away with this bullshit. There are other options.

Use LinkedIn+ and you can see how many people are applying for a position. You might be shocked to see a job have clear over 200 applications and that's JUST from LinkedIn. It doesn't count other job websites or the home website of the company offering the position.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 12:37 AM

OP - worse than capitalist CEOs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 1:06 AM

There certainly are DLers who love to hiss, “Get a job, you lazy assholes” on here, like it makes one bit of difference in their lives.

I mean, truly. What do I care if a bunch of people I’ve never encountered—and will never encounter—in real life have jobs or not?

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 1:06 AM

I don’t think you can be free unless you’re being supported.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 1:10 AM

Wait. So where are all the articles and media about how people are not applying for jobs coming from? Mind you I only read liberal or progressive media.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 1:58 AM

I have noticed the media, especially conservatives like Morning Joe were pushing this idea that part of the problem is people were staying home when there were "good jobs" out there. They even had their financial guy on there and almost goading him to say that. The media really needs to stop sucking up to these phony whines for greedy business owners. Most of those fuckers got tons of stimulus money. Some of the big chains like Ruth Chris Steak house got millions. They only returned it once they got outed and it started to look bad in the press. But those little guys are just as corrupt if not more so.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 8:06 AM

What’s with the posters that still post after it’s been determined that this is a duplicate thread?

They are worse than the OP.

Why would you do that?

There is even a link for you to click to get to the other thread? There is no excuse for this behavior.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 10:38 AM

The other, smaller line of thinking I'm reading is that there is a strike happening. No, not announced or organized but an organic one.

Sorry r7 I'm just more cluttered than you guys.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 5:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!