Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Luke Wilson's career

Really DID go down the shitter.

From indie star to movie star to.......Supergirl on the C list CW?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2021 2:11 PM

It's STARgirl, you stupid fat WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 1:36 PM

R1 Like I give a fuck about any of the CW's visual abortions.....you fat whore!

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 1:37 PM

much better looking than his brother with the nose

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 1:37 PM

I wouldn't mind taking a gander at his dong.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 1:38 PM

Op = worse than hitler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 1:43 PM

I wonder if Owen and Luke have sampled each other's dongs.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 1:43 PM

R5, I wonder why that thread was closed after only 20 posts?

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 1:49 PM

R5 Hon, the "worse than Hitler" admonishment is for duplicate threads made in the same day or within a few days.

That one is almost a year and a half old. Just.....no.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 1:55 PM

Just...yes, dupe threads are abominations.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 1:58 PM

I remember several years ago he was doing these commercials for a wireless company where he was just reciting cities and he looked like shit and seemed so out of it… so I just assumed he was an alcoholic and his career collapsed as a result of that.

There was a period when he did a string of theatrical flops (My Super-Ex Girlfriend, Alex and Emma) and it was obvious he wasn’t going to make it as an big screen lead… typically the next step is indie martyrdom or doing a series, but he just sort of disappeared. So I assumed, alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 2:02 PM

R9 Clutch those pearls, honey. CLUTCH EM!

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 2:05 PM

He's beautiful but lacks that certain lead actor je ne sais quoi, or maybe I do know. He seems timid and bland, and although he's an OK actor his most prominent feature is his beauty.

I'd like to see his dong as well since he IS sexy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 2:08 PM

I will also add, the period where he could be considered beautiful did not last into his thirties and his looks became more pedestrian… combined with a kind of passive quality in his screen presence, it did not portend a long shelf life.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 2:10 PM

He was excellent in Enlightened.

The episode that was devoted to his character was one of the best of that series.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 2:20 PM

Permanent lifetime pass for Idiocracy.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2021 2:52 PM

I agree he never had leading man presence OR his brother's quirky charm. On that old X-Files episode he did, Duchovny had more charisma, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2021 3:02 PM

He looks yummy in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2021 3:04 PM

He's still working but does minor roles now. I like him as an actor but he fits independent or satirical movies. He's goodlooking and has this melancholy look to him. His brother Owen is more commercial as he's bubbly and blond and bland.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2021 3:23 PM

After his theatrical career flopped he probably could have parlayed himself into at least Peter Krause-level television success

Given he spent the teens doing a lot of obscure B movies and often got the “and” billing, I can only assume he was not a desirable casting choice for whatever reason you can fill in the blank.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 4:07 PM

He was great on enlightened and showed real range as a fuck-up and reluctant recoverer.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2021 4:13 PM

He has this seedy quality to him. He's like the hottest guy in the trailer park. Not really handsome.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2021 4:15 PM

He’s the guy all the other queens at the sex club warn you about but you have sex with him anyways and it’s delicious!

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2021 4:28 PM

R20, Iwas just going to say that. He matched Laura Dern's character perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2021 4:34 PM

He still looks good IMO. And there are a lot of hot daddies on the show in addition to Luke: Neil Jackson (Iceman), Jonathan Cake (The Shade), Neil Hopkins (Sportsmaster) and Joel McHale (Starman).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2021 5:37 PM

John Wesley Shipp was flirting with him in a recent scene

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2021 6:57 PM

In terms of hotness, he falls behind Patrick but still ahead of Owen, Ann, and Rebel.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2021 7:03 PM

He's so fucking hot. I loved him in The Royal Tenenbaums, a movie that managed to draw great performances from a whole crew of mediocre actors (GOOP, the brother, Ben Stiller). Helps that Gene Hackman and Anjelica Huston led the charge.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2021 7:06 PM

OP-He's certainly good looking in your photo which I suspect was taken quite a number of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2021 7:09 PM

He's handsome and lovable on Stargirl, a show that's entertaining without knowing shit about DC comics. A few years back, he definitely looked like he was drinking his body weight daily. Now he's fuckable and employed. Marriage material.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2021 7:18 PM

I bet diamonds to dollars Luke and Owen are well versed in the taste of each other's sperm.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2021 7:45 PM

R30, eww. Do you have brothers? I have and even a glimmer of a thought of doing anything sexual with them is so repulsive I can't even go there. It's easy to fantasize about celebrity siblings doing it but in reality incest is quite rare, thankfully so.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2021 8:52 PM

CLUTCH THOSE PEARLS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2021 9:15 PM

I like his laid back, easy going presence. Not every actor has to chew the scenery. There's a lot of depth and sensitivity in his eyes. I want to cuddle with him.

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2021 9:32 PM

He would make a good Justin Trudeau in a Ryan Murphy miniseries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2021 7:03 PM

He’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2021 8:20 PM

He has always had a sweet, affable appeal with that hangdog face. The performance on Enlightened was so good that I really just assumed that IRL Wilson had been an alcoholic or addict in recovery and that's why his career slipped a bit. He did have that 'perennial fuck up' look, even though he never really stopped being handsome.

I think his 'leading actor' career was flopping at a bit of an awkward transitional period for the industry, and left him a bit behind when it came to taking advantage of all the great TV work (until more recent times). I haven't heard of this CW show but it probably is keeping his name out there more than anything he's done in a while, so good for him. I can see him nailing a small, mischievous HBO comedy like the Jason Schwartzman series 'Bored To Death' (with Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis). In fact they have similarish careers, with the Wes Anderson movies.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2021 1:20 PM

he formally quit

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2021 1:22 PM

Quit Stargirl?

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2021 1:27 PM

He’s always had a shit career. He’s been in every flop romantic comedy. I think he was in that Uma Thurman one that made like $10 and he did one with Jessica Simpson that went straight to video.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2021 1:30 PM

My Super Ex-Girlfriend is surely the lowest point of both Luke and Uma's careers.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2021 1:46 PM

Were they all molested, there’s got to be some fucked up thing in that family’s past?

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2021 1:46 PM

No talent and glug-glug-snort-snort-puff-puff-eat-eat-eat-eat-eat.

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2021 1:49 PM

R36. My brother in law went to a rehab at a hospital (now closed) in Marina del Rey years ago, and Owen was also attending that program.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2021 2:11 PM

He seems like he would have a smooth bump below the waist. Like a mannequin or a ‘Ken’ doll. Nice looking guy, but I don’t get any sexy vibes from him.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2021 2:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!