Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG Luke Wilson is now playing second stringer dad role on Berlanti's cheap DC show "Star Girl."

He used to open movies, how the mighty has fallen. He apparently really needs the coins. Drug Problems? Is he screwing the "Star Girl?"

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2020 2:25 PM

I saw that in an ad and didn’t know if it was a series or a TV movie, but yeah that seems like a serious career low point. This isn’t like signing on to a one season prestige series on cable

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote]He used to open movies

Me? Open movies?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2020 3:17 PM

The show is fun though.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2020 3:24 PM

Looking at his IMDB, he has 4 movies in post. This is probably the lazy way to make money and stay in his home city while he's at it.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2020 3:41 PM

Call me when he starts doing kitty litter commercials.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2020 3:43 PM

Ugh, how many more of these lame Berlanti shows do we need? Does he own the fucking CW now? Most of them are so low rated, how do they still let him produce more of this crap?

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2020 4:21 PM

It's on DC Universe Online and will likely end up on HBO Max so the production value is much better, as is the production value of Doom Patrol and Titans. It's just that the acting on Stargirl is still on the CW level so Wilson fits in perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2020 4:36 PM

R6 yes to all of the above.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2020 10:47 PM

IMO DCU has a pretty good track record so far with his live action superhero shows. Doom Patrol, Titans, and Star Girl are pretty great shows.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2020 4:06 PM

I still think hes cute as hell . Im guessing if someone calls and offers you $200,000 to do a few days work with relatively little effort you'd jump on it too.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2020 4:14 PM

Both Wilson bros are fug.

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2020 5:36 PM

The success of the Wilson brothers has always mystified me.

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2020 6:44 PM

He's way cuter than Owen. I love him. He was perfect in Idiocracy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2020 7:18 PM

Turned out to be a pretty great first season.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2020 4:56 AM

The season finale was great and makes me look forward to Season 2...but I also anticipate the quality of the production to suffer with the CW budget.

Lots of hot daddies on this show, including Luke!

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2020 5:00 AM

Was he ever that big of a star? I don't see this as such a comedown.

Actors like doing TV series for the steady pay cheque.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2020 5:11 AM

[Quote] but I also anticipate the quality of the production to suffer with the CW budget.

I hope they learned their lesson with Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2020 1:22 PM

Season 2 the family will move to a city that looks exactly like Vancouver. S.T.R.I.P.E. will only be seen a few times a season. Way less action, more scenes of characters talking about their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2020 1:23 PM

^ And a cheaper, unknown actor taking over the role of Pat from Luke Wilson?

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2020 2:15 PM

I dont know how he got romantic lead roles before, he overachieved imo

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2020 2:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!