Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Halloween Kills

It gets officially released tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts on it in a subsequent comment as to not spoil it. But for those of you have seen it already, let me know what you think of it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 5:21 PM

OP here. It sucked.

Yes there is plenty of gore...but:

Jamie Lee Curtis is in a hospital bed throughout almost the entirety of the movie. Then when she finally gets out of it, she shoots herself up with opiates - she just came out about her opiate addiction a couple years ago. What were they thinking putting this into the script?

A mentally ill escaped inmate becomes a red herring as to who is actually killing everyone. He ends up committing suicide by jumping to his death in front of everyone. Again, what the fuck were they thinking trivializing mental illness and suicide with this?

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 3:09 AM

I loved it. I thought Halloween (2018) was just average. Certainly not the worst of the series (that would be Halloween: Resurrection) but not the best either. This one pleased me a lot more. I really cared about all the characters and rooted for them to survive. And I was surprised that they had the guts to kill as many of the big name characters as they did. Characters I was certain would live did not. And you could feel the evil and hatred inside of Michael in this movie more than any other. He felt so dark, evil, and menacing and in my opinion was the scariest he ever was. I thought this was an amazing sequel and I'm glad I stayed up late to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 1:14 PM

Spoilers obviously

Just like 2018, it's a movie that could have been improved by cutting out all the comedic filler and meandering subplots. The gay couple's antics were way worse than the sassy black kid in 2018 in that it went on for way much longer. And it was so bizarre that Michael had them cradling each other post mortem. How sweet. The escaped mental patient being chased by the mob would have been a good idea if the audience themselves got to wonder if Michael would try to sneak into the hospital. And Lonnie going in alone to the Myers house was pretty stupid as are a lot of character decisions in the movie.

I did like the flashback intro, a lot of Michael's scenes were tense, and the unmasking scene was great. I wondered at the end if they were trying to establish a link between Meyers and the Strode family. That would have fixed one of my main issues from the 2018 film.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 4:55 PM

R3 Yes, but that was the main reason for this trilogy in the first place. To get rid of the Michael and Laurie brother/sister twist. It would be strange if they made movies to erase the link between Laurie and Michael only to establish a new one.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 5:05 PM

It looks like another thread was started first. There are more comments there:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 5:06 PM

R5 Thanks, moved my comment there.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 5:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!