Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I am having a tough time today

I have mentioned some of this here before.

Many years ago when I was pregnant I was walking home from the dr office. It was February and first thing in the morning. I was 7 months pregnant and I was all bundled up. I barely looked human let alone female.

On my left was a row of really tall bushes that were being used as a privacy fence. Next thing I knew someone had their hand over my mouth and the other around my pregnant stomach and was dragging me through the snow and bushes. I threw myself backwards and smashed my head into his face and ran.

At the store I ran into the police were called. They promptly decided that I was hysterical and had actually just been silly and scared off a friend of mine who surprised me even though there were drag/struggle prints in the snow and the branches were all disturbed. Life went on.

A few years later on February 14 a young woman was found, naked in the snow behind a tall row of privacy bushes. She'd been raped, beaten, her head was cracked open and left for dead. She lived, the guy was caught and put in jail.

I know without a doubt it was the same guy. If the police had taken me seriously she likely may not have been attacked.

He's being let out of jail. I was looking at the news and there he was. He refused sex offender counseling and is a high risk release offender.

Now, none of this actually affects me. I am no less safe than I was 5 hours ago. I actually didn't really have anything bad happen to me. But, when I saw he was getting out I completely relived the incident. It was very 'out of body'. I have talked about it before and never had a reaction beyond anger etc. Not this time. I have been shaky ever since.

Which again, I KNOW is ridiculous, there's at least one woman out there who clearly has far more reason to have a reaction. But, here we are.

I feel extremely selfish and 'look at me' if I make this about me to anyone in real life. But, it's really fucking my brain up. I just needed to get it out of my head a bit.

by Anonymousreply 121October 14, 2021 12:18 AM

A few months ago it was all about you being afraid to go into downtown Burlington.

Go to a doctor and get a prescription for an anti-anxiety medication and stop starting stupid threads like this.

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2021 9:11 PM

This isn’t ridiculous - you came very very close to getting raped and murdered. You have every right to feel the way that you do.

I think you should see a professional about unearthing this PTSD and recovering from it. You don’t deserve to feel like this and I’m afraid you will remain haunted by it, triggered in ways that you can’t imagine yet.

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2021 9:12 PM

You need treatment for ptsd. Talk therapy, meds and maybe something more, like emdr.

I’m sorry the people in the store brushed off/minimized the attack.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2021 9:15 PM

R3 It is really a horrible story, but think about how lucky you were that you escaped. R2 gave you a good advice and I agree it would be good to talk about the trauma with a professional.

Btw. I noticed you around on threads and I thought you were guy, not areal chick.

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2021 9:16 PM

I probably do. I didn't realize it was still something that could get a reaction out of me. It's been a lifetime. I think it was just the surprise of it out of the blue. I am on zoloft Tony and have preemptively taken a hydroxyzine hcl just now so I don't really spiral.

If I still am wonky tomorrow I am going to do a telehealth appointment. At least one although I assume I will be fine once I get over this initial shock of remembering.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote] I know without a doubt it was the same guy.

How?

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2021 9:24 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to you Rescue Chick. You are still reliving the trauma, agree you probably need to work through it with a professional. Glad you have an appointment. Just thinking about what may have happened if you didn't bonk him in the head is scary. You aren't being selfish at all having to relive it, seeing this jerk is now out of jail and getting upset. I hope his neighbors are notified about his sex offender status.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2021 9:25 PM

I'm shocked you did find a way to turn this into another one of your anti-trans rants.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2021 9:25 PM

Come back when you have his dick pic dear. We need further data to make informed approaches.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2021 9:28 PM

Something bad DID happen to you, OP. Get online and get on the phone and make an appt with a mental health counselor STAT. Also, find a sympathetic doctor you can see before then to prescribe some sort of anti-anxiety meds. You must have a Crisis Clinic to call. That is what it's for. You're not helpless and you're not alone. Don't let the assault box you in to think you are, because that what it's doing.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2021 9:52 PM

Get a pot 'script.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2021 9:57 PM

Thank you for sharing this story.

I've mostly seen your comments on some dog threads, because we both seem to have a love of dogs.

You mentioned that you don't really like to be around people, but never said why.

Now I know.

I also know now why you like to keep your scary dog with you, even though people have mentioned that he/she might be a danger to others.

Hope you feel better. Try to do something fun or watch a funny tv show. It might help to get your mind off of this horrible experience.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2021 10:12 PM

r10, I am all toasty mellow right now but have a number open/available if I don't remain chill later and a telehealth appointment tomorrow. 😘

r12, you say that and it seems so obvious but it truly never occurred to me to make that connection. thank you!

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2021 10:20 PM

You have to put it out of your mind...easier said than done i know. Thank your lucky stars u are alive....i hope you dont live in the same area,get a conceal and carry or at the least bear spray....it will haunt u the rest of your life but again keep putting it to the back of your mind...may your angels be watching over you.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2021 10:26 PM

That's a terrifying experience. I'm glad you got away. I'd be fucked up too if I'd heard a violent criminal who nearly attacked me was being released. Do all the things you need - counseling, pills, pot, posting to DL. We're here for you.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2021 10:26 PM

OP, this is what's called "trauma dumping," and it is incredibly inappropriate for you to do it to anonymous total strangers.

Save it for loved ones or for your therapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2021 10:26 PM

I'm sorry you went through this Rescue-Chick.

Maybe RC is anti-trans-nonsense because she's actually experienced some of the rough things that can happen to women. It's not all fun and sunshine, and you can't know what it's like to go through that if you're not really a she.

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2021 10:27 PM

R16 Don`t be silly. You are toxic.

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2021 10:28 PM

What others have said: reliving trauma. I think it’s a normal reaction and you seem to have a handle on it. Sometimes just sharing with other people can minimize it; like telling someone about a bad dream you had.

Side note: I knew you were a woman, but I didn’t know you had a child. You’re very brave to admit any of this, here.

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2021 10:29 PM

wow, r16, that's exactly what I was trying to avoid doing to my friends and I guess I did it to strangers. I figured an optional to enter thread was better but, maybe not. Too late now.

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2021 10:30 PM

R8 What anti trans rant do you see here?

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2021 10:30 PM

I am sorry you are going through a rough time, Rescue Chick. I hope you have supportive friends or family near you.

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2021 10:31 PM

Rescue Chick, please don’t pay attention to R16.

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2021 10:32 PM

You know you can always get support here, I mean it.

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2021 10:32 PM

She's anti-trans in many other threads, not this EST.

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2021 10:33 PM

Ok, R25, but now that she shares a trauma here, is it really necessary to be Karen and scold her about these other threads.

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2021 10:34 PM

The truly horrifying part of your story, OP, that I can't get out of my head, is visualizing you getting impregnated!

EW! Now I need a Xanax!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2021 10:37 PM

"I know without a doubt it was the same guy."

How do you know this? You didn't see his face. You can speculate all you want but you have no way of knowing for sure. It seems silly to project what happened to you onto this other woman in order to claim survivor's guilt.

That said, I'm sorry this happened to you.

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2021 10:38 PM

Pretty heavy topic for an anonymous board where we share pictures of handsome twinks presenting hole and ponder if not draining pasta makes us seem more sophisticated.

You need a good therapist. DL is not a good place for people with mental health problems.

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2021 10:42 PM

R29, I disagree. DL is a fine place for people with mental health problems.

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2021 10:44 PM

R29 I don`t think that majority here is in a very good metal state.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2021 10:45 PM

lolz

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2021 10:46 PM

You had me until the pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2021 10:47 PM

I'm someone who has had a few traumatic things happen to me. I've been a very lucky, and very unlucky person. I don't want to get into all of it, but I've been held at gun point, among other things. It's not easy to let go, but the one thing, and sometimes it's very difficult to do is to remind myself that fear isn't going to solve anything. Fear will only hinder you, living in it will not prevent anything bad from happening, if anything it has the potential to create more problems. I don't mean to sound condescending or cold. I've been told by people who try to tell me about putting out "positive" energy, and what not that left me livid because they have no idea what they are talking about because I wasn't doing or feeling any particular way when those things happened. It wasn't an "energy" or thoughts I was putting out in the world, they were just things that happened.

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2021 10:47 PM

I can understand questioning how I know. Vermont is a small state, Burlington a small town. We all know what goes on right after it goes on here.

Sex offenders start with the most vulnerable before working their way up. I was heavily pregnant.

Sex offenders learn from their mistakes. He didn't just grab her, he hit her. Which is both an esculation and a better way to do it.

Sex offenders can have a... I don't know what it's called. Like, a fantasy of the best way to accomplish their intention.

Both were in mid February (I have no idea why February, that fits into my point above).

Both involved him hiding behind a wall of bushes.

Burlington doesn't exactly have a wave of bush jumping winter abduction rapists within a few years time in the same neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2021 10:48 PM

Also, r30 and r31 genuinely made me laugh.

R34, I completely agree with you and had you asked me yesterday I would have said I was unaffected by it at this point in life. It just took me by surprise and I will likely be fine once again tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2021 10:50 PM

And back to anti-trans threads tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2021 10:52 PM

0/10.

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2021 10:54 PM

Why do you fucking TRANS cunts always have to make everything about you?

RC is talking about a personal experience, and here you are, whining, blaming, accusing, and just playing the victim - AS USUAL.

GO THE FUCK AWAY YOU TRANS WHINERS.

Nobody here likes you. NOBODY.

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2021 10:55 PM

Rescue Chick, I’m so sorry this happened to you and that you’re still dealing with residual trauma. In fact, reading of the imminent release has likely re-traumatised you. The key is to look after yourself very carefully right now and throughout the path out of trauma into recovery.

Agree with others upthread who have mentioned crisis support etc - use it if you need it. Longer term a therapeutic intervention might really help - there’s a whole range from cognitive behavioural to person-centred to solution focused to group - it is about what works for you including therapist, never be afraid to change if it doesn’t feel like a good fit.

And if you’ve never had therapy; I think it’s an act of bravery, not an admission of defeat.

Sending you all the best.

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2021 11:05 PM

It's still highly unlikely RC that this is the same person who attacked you. Just because there are similarities doesn't prove anything.

You seem like an expert on sex offenders. Are you a detective? I remember a while back when that woman was attacked and killed by pitbulls at her apartment and suddenly, every tiny blonde woman in America was having fantasies that this could and would happen to them soon. Even here, we had posters saying, "She could have been me." There is something to be said about empathy. There is something else to be said about those who enjoy imagining themselves as victims. You were a victim of an attempted...something. You don't know what. Maybe he was going to rob you. It's weird that you said the police concluded it was a friend of yours trying to surprise you. That seems way out of left field. We're missing something in this tale.

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2021 11:06 PM

R41 there is indeed something to be said for empathy. To you, I say why not try it?

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2021 11:08 PM

Small town. Are you dense or one of those websleuth fraus, r41?

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2021 11:09 PM

I don’t think Rescue-Chick is “trauma-dumping”. It’s only that if you care about her. No offense, RC, I care about you as I care about all humans, but you’re not transferring anything to me, I wasn’t harmed or upset by what you wrote.

You’re gonna be OK, Rescue-Chick.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2021 11:10 PM

She certainly doesn't care about trans trauma.

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2021 11:17 PM

I have always enjoyed RC's posts and appreciate her love of animals. I am sorry this happened to you and, yes, hearing about this person's imminent release could trigger re-traumatization. I think you are taking positive steps. Have your telehealth appointment and go on from there.

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2021 11:17 PM

She loves animals but not her fellow human beings, the trans.

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2021 11:22 PM

OP / Rescue Chick, why not try therapy with someone who specializes in PTSD? Now is the best time because all the therapists updated their technology and you can meet by remotely. I use FaceTime to do my therapy appointments.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2021 11:38 PM

Now you know his name and what he looks like. Hire a hit man and have him take out the trash once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2021 11:47 PM

oooh better yet, RC can go get a cape and a mask and do some street vigilantism on his ass.

by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2021 11:49 PM

I will don my furriest vagina cape in your honr r50.

by Anonymousreply 51October 7, 2021 12:00 AM

I just thought this was a gay site for gay people with gay issues. Why is it anything but?

by Anonymousreply 52October 7, 2021 12:14 AM

It seems Muriel has run out of Frau Spray.

by Anonymousreply 53October 7, 2021 12:20 AM

Feel better soon, RC!

by Anonymousreply 54October 7, 2021 12:22 AM

RC, you think you’re unaffected by this? Didn’t you just have a random panic attack a few months back while you were sitting on the sofa eating a bag of chips?

Didn’t it occur to you that there might be a reason for your panic attacks?

And to the empathy troll, this is not “Woman’s Day“ magazine, it’s the fucking DL. Just because people provide commentary other than “Oh, I’m soooo sowwy”, doesn’t mean that they lack empathy.

I’m sure there are many posters on here with shitty experiences who have and won’t ever talk about them. People don’t lack empathy just because you don’t get the response you want.

by Anonymousreply 55October 7, 2021 12:24 AM

Rescue Chick, I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with this. Don't minimize the affect that degenerate's behavior had on you; as the other poster suggested, you likely have PTSD and that's why you're having a tough time handling the news. Speak to a mental health professional and be patient with yourself as you work through your feelings on the matter.

r8 / r25 / r31 / r45 / r47- Shut the absolute fuck up you goddamned human stain! You read the story of another commentor venting about a traumatic incident that happened in their past involving assault on them while they were pregnant, how recent news is triggering their PTSD, and think it's a good idea to shame them for wrong think on the trans issue? Behavior like this validates TERF claims that you freaks are obsessed with and jealous of females. Behavior like this validates gay/lesbian and TERF claims that you freaks go out of your way to hijack discussions about the gay community/females to refocus it on trans. Behavior like this is why more and MORE people are losing any shred of sympathy for you parasites.

r18, there is no anti-trans rant. r8, is one of the TRA ditchpigs that haunt this board.

r34, thank you! I got into an argument with someone on this board earlier this year over LOA belief that you attract things into your life based on your energy, thoughts, and airy-fairy BS like that.

by Anonymousreply 56October 7, 2021 12:30 AM

Data Lounge is not a place for Tales from the Vagina.

Get a blog.

Get a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 57October 7, 2021 12:35 AM

Love you, rescue chick. Take your anxiety seriously, it can spiral if you don't take care.

Piss off Transtapo, you've had too much airtime already.

by Anonymousreply 58October 7, 2021 12:39 AM

R56 You absolutely fuckin misundurstood me. I am R31 and I meant quite the opposite when I answered to some posters, thst just as rescue chick many of us here have our own traumas and mental issues. And she understood that. And I like her, particularly because of her care for animals and feel for her, but as I said it' s important she escaped from the perril and I believe she will be alright.

And you should read the posts more carefuly.

by Anonymousreply 59October 7, 2021 12:41 AM

The OP is openly anti-Trans all over the DL.

I guess Hitler and the Zodiac Killer both get a pass here, too?

by Anonymousreply 60October 7, 2021 1:00 AM

Assuming you aren't trolling -

OK, clearly the police aren't doing their job. It's time to see if you can schedule a visit to your local government official - city council or whatever is similar.

Explain what happened and that you feel you were ignored. Emphasize what happened to other people and ask them to take action.

by Anonymousreply 61October 7, 2021 1:04 AM

You lost us at " i was pregnant"

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2021 1:06 AM

Rescue Chick, this has surfaced and you should deal with it. What you call "being fine with it" is really just the trauma going back under cover while it continues to damage you. It fucks you up in ways you don't realize and can't pin on it.

You were assaulted, then ignored by those who should have helped you. Of course you have trauma from that. You need to get professional help for it, the sooner the better.

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote] around my pregnant stomach

I’m more concerned that you don’t know the difference between your stomach and your uterus. Unless you weren’t really pregnant and thought swallowing could make a baby. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2021 2:12 AM

I am definitely going to get online therapy. I can't keep living life thinking I am ok and then BAM some random shit pops up and says 'HAHA no you are not! '

I have been to therapy before but HATE being in some little room with some person I don't know. It's creepy. Makes my skin crawl.

Also, you should all know, my adult son is GORGEOUS. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 65October 7, 2021 2:14 AM

Sorry that this happened to you, Rescue Chick. You and your baby. Thankfully, you had the strength, opportunity and presence of mind to defend against your attacker.

You were repeatedly victimized by these crimes and now it's compounded by the knowledge that the rapist was set free This would give any rational person a tough time. It's probably changed you for life, but I hope you can channel the thoughts/emotions in ways that don't steal even more from you. Easier said than done. Sharing your feelings rather than bottling the stress has got to be healthy.

Hope tomorrow feels better for you.

by Anonymousreply 66October 7, 2021 2:44 AM

RC, I'm sorry that happened to you. I went through a violent, sadist sexual and physical assault and came close to death back in 1979. I blocked most of it out for close to 30 years. EMDR helped me a lot and it wasn't a long and drawn out process. Maybe that would help you as well?

At any rate, take good care of yourself. I wish you the best.

by Anonymousreply 67October 7, 2021 3:25 AM

Rescue-Chick, there’s lot of great advice and insight in this thread and it sounds like you are already planning on taking positive action.

One thing I would add, which I find useful, is not creating a false dichotomy around healthy and unhealthy psychological responses. What you are going through now is unpleasant and something you want to stop, but also completely normal and understandable in context. For the first few years you could think “maybe the cops were right” and then after the second attack the guy was in jail and no threat. Anger makes sense while he’s behind bars, fear is a correct response to an active threat. Your response is at the same time healthy, normal, unpleasant and dysfunctional. (And you know if he comes after you, your doggie will rip his face off and he’d wish he only got a head but.) I hope this is helpful.if it isn’t, just ignore.

by Anonymousreply 68October 7, 2021 10:05 AM

Head butt, not but

by Anonymousreply 69October 7, 2021 10:05 AM

EL, you are always wise and welcome. thank you, that makes sense!

by Anonymousreply 70October 7, 2021 12:00 PM

She has branding to maintain, r1. It's weird that so few of us see it.

by Anonymousreply 71October 7, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote]Shut the absolute fuck up you goddamned human stain!

There is nothing more pathetic than a Datalounger who screams abuse at someone for not being nice enough. The posters who use insults, slurs, threats and epithets 24/7 are always so darn concerned about people being mean.

[quote]Behavior like this validates TERF claims that you freaks are obsessed with and jealous of females.

Shut up with this weird Ferengi "females" crap. This has nothing to do with TERFs and everything to do with the fact that there is a group of straight women trolls who have spent a lot of time creating sympathetic personas to shield them from the trolling they do.

There's a reason why FabulousMissLucy tried for days to turn the Hilaria Baldwin threads into anti-trans hate threads. There's a reason rescue-chick and Elderlez took over a thread about how to identify trolls to talk about their heavy flow days. There's a reason why all of them and more tried really hard for a couple of weeks to get DLers to join the homophobic Kiwi Farms boards.

They want you to think it's because they care just so, so much about the plight of women against evil cock-having trans demons, and have nowhere else to go but to a gay board because they've been unfairly ostracized everywhere else. That's a lie. Once you see that the anti-trans trolls post anti-vax nonsense and racebait without signing their names, their real agenda starts to become more clear.

by Anonymousreply 72October 7, 2021 12:26 PM

I don't think EL is a terf.

by Anonymousreply 73October 7, 2021 12:28 PM

Yeah I’m not a TERF, an anti-vaxxer, a straight woman or a race-baiter. The period crap was started by the anti-vaccine trolls and I was responding about how ridiculous it was that they were trying to make normal period behavior into some horrific side effect. I sign my posts. Go ahead and block and stalk to check.

As I said before, I’ve been here since 1997 and it was very explicitly a site for gay men and lesbians at that time.

by Anonymousreply 74October 7, 2021 12:49 PM

I love both ElderLez and rescue-chick.

by Anonymousreply 75October 7, 2021 12:51 PM

Rescue-chick is a Boris account.^^

by Anonymousreply 76October 7, 2021 1:03 PM

R74 you are a favorite poster of mine.

by Anonymousreply 77October 7, 2021 1:03 PM

I don't know what their goal is but these anti trans accounts are most certainly trolls. There's no question. Their behavior is obvious.

Every time I see any of these "I love {troll}" posts, which is a lot, I'm reminded of when we first got the real troll-dar where posts turned yellow. Someone had posted "I hate troll-dar" so of course I clicked on their reply to turn all their posts yellow. It was Della and she had posted as Della but also as someone who replied, "I love you Della!" and realized she had gotten caught.

As others said during that long Prime Time, Datalounge is apparently almost all trolls. I don't like trolls, but I also now realize like a lot of other people did that the trolling on this forum is of no consequence. Let some fool waste hours of their day with fake stories, multiple logins, and false information, hoping to eventually convince one or two people to be more hateful than they already are.

by Anonymousreply 78October 7, 2021 1:05 PM

Peddle it elsewhere, Needy Greedy.

by Anonymousreply 79October 7, 2021 1:14 PM

R78 really, I think there are few “honest” posters left here. A few right wing trolls contribute the bulk of the posts and replies with their multiple accounts, etc.

by Anonymousreply 80October 7, 2021 1:22 PM

If posting terf stuff is the worst thing in the world why would I need multiple accounts to post stuff different than what I sign my name to?

by Anonymousreply 81October 7, 2021 1:23 PM

I believe we don't talk about abuse, in all its horrible and varied forms, often enough. The idea that Rescue Chick, or whoever else, should not reach out on an anonymous board when they feel the need is nonsense.

It's important to talk to a professional if you have been abused or attacked, though. You'll get a varied response here, but a therapist - over a period of time - will help you come to terms with the trauma.

I'm speaking from experience here. Not talking about what happened to me was, I thought, an effective coping mechanism. The long-term impact, though, has been palpable, and I only realised it after thrashing it out with a psychotherapist over a year.

All those unknowingly 'unrelated' issues, such as anxiety and depression were all, of course, linked to the incident 20 years ago. I can handle it better now and so will you, Rescue Chick. :)

by Anonymousreply 82October 7, 2021 1:26 PM

Sending you a hug rescue chick. I’m sorry that happened to you.

by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote] The idea that Rescue Chick, or whoever else, should not reach out on an anonymous board when they feel the need is nonsense.

Anyone experiencing an actual issue should not reach out on an anonymous forum for any reason.

by Anonymousreply 84October 7, 2021 1:47 PM

The other day I said that I was tired of the personality disordered and the mentally ill expecting DLers to always be here to pay attention to them, to essentially babysit their neuroses. There's a lot of needy people on here, and it's pretty creepy to see multiple people on this thread -- people who I know for a fact say rotten shit all over this board, when it suits their agendas -- say that DLers are expected to be here for others in need.

More and more lately it feels like the trolls are becoming emotionally demanding, and it's real fuckin' weird.

by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2021 2:01 PM

Read those troublemakers for filth, ElderLez!

by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2021 2:16 PM

It's bizarre how some people are so obsessed with "trolls" and especially trans stuff that they ignore the OP's heartfelt personal story and immediately start bashing her because she's posted other things that you disagree with.

THAT is what happens when you dehumanize and "other" people by calling them epithets like "TERF". And this is from the group who purports to want everyone to "just be kind" and respect everyone's pronouns and identities, yet they are the worst of trolls themselves when it comes to anyone who disagrees with their religion.

Oh, and of course - the subscriber lock is off the DL currently like it was for much of the previous week. So all of the idiots without accounts come out of the woodwork to post their inane comments.

by Anonymousreply 87October 7, 2021 2:24 PM

r84 well that's just bullshit. People can do whatever they want. What are you - the anonymous forum police? She can write WHATEVER she wants on here. A lot of us support her and send her love.

by Anonymousreply 88October 7, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]The idea that Rescue Chick, or whoever else, should not reach out on an anonymous board when they feel the need is nonsense.

While this may or may not be true, a show of hands of people who think the DL is at the top of list of anonymous boards where this particular type of story makes sense.

While folks on this board can show great kindness - sometimes - we are not an all purpose board taking in stragglers and orphans. At least have a gay angle to your story with which we can related.

by Anonymousreply 89October 7, 2021 2:31 PM

R17, To be fair, sexual assault and harassment can happen to anyone. It's not exclusive to women.

by Anonymousreply 90October 7, 2021 2:46 PM

I agree with R84. I don't know if this story is true or made up, and I don't know if rescue-chick is an authentic persona or a troll, but aside from that, if you have mental health problems, some of the comments you get on DL will not be helpful and might make your situation worse. It is always best to seek professional help to address your issues in a productive way.

Of course, people can post whatever the heck they want to post, but from a mental health standpoint, this might not be the best idea. If you post these things on the spur of the moment, you might regret having your life laid out on a public forum at a later point, and you can't take it back. Some people will identify you based on the story, it could be the cops who were involved with the case, or the actual attacker.

I know that I recognized a former colleague of mine based on a story that he posted on here, which I never mentioned to him. It's a small world, and just be careful what you put out there.

by Anonymousreply 91October 7, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote]the subscriber lock is off the DL currently

The what? Who calls it that?

Much of the problem here is that none of you are actual DL regulars. You're interlopers. You don't even know what Primetime is. You have no concept of ESTs or why DLers don't believe long, melodramatic, attention-getting stories. And you also have this weird entitlement about you that always manifests as a demand that we give you a safe space, that we be nice to you, that we are forbidden from saying certain words that you don't like.

[quote]So all of the idiots without accounts come out of the woodwork to post their inane comments.

There were absolutely, positively ZERO posts like this when Primetime was on. There wasn't a single anti-trans thread. There were threads discussing the troll problem on here and absolutely NOBODY was defending the trolls, like they are now.

YOU'RE the unpaid "idiots" causing problems.

by Anonymousreply 92October 7, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote] She can write WHATEVER she wants on here.

I'm getting real fucking tired of this juvenile remark. Every damn thread these days has at least one troll saying, "You're not the forum police! We can say whatever we want!"

Yeah, r88, she can say whatever she wants, but r84 can say whatever they want, too. So can I. We all can. Grow the fuck up and deal with it like an adult human being, instead of whining like a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 93October 7, 2021 2:53 PM

Yes R93, I'M the troll for telling this woman (who many of us have read posts from for years now) that I support her and send her love because she is having a rough time based on a horrific thing that happened to her years ago.

R84 is telling people not to reach out if they have actual issues. I was directly responding to them and saying she can absolutely reach out, she can say whatever she wants, and a lot of us support her. If that makes me a troll, so be it.

Is that adult enough of a response for you?

And how about you control your temper... you're "getting real fucking tired of this juvenile remark" "grow the fuck up"... who are you... my dad circa 1997? You going to punch me in the face next? Call me a stupid fag? Because that's usually what followed!

(MARY!!!!!!!! I know, I know. But damn that felt familiar).

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2021 3:14 PM

R94, why are you signing as R84?

by Anonymousreply 95October 7, 2021 3:24 PM

R94, I'm r84, not you.

I'm not saying people shouldn't reach out if they need help. I'm saying they should not be reaching out [bold] on an anonymous forum. [/bold] You don't know who we are. We don't know who you are.

I submit that if you're going to fall into a kind of emotional tailspin and equate someone using the word "fuckin" with your dad calling you a faggot and punching you in the face, that you have just proven exactly why people shouldn't try reaching out on an anonymous forum. What if they needed help, came to Datalounge, and got you responding to them in the way you're responding to people on this thread? Disaster.

You're in no position to be offering anyone help. No one here is. That's OK, though, because no one on an anonymous forum should be expected to give advice or support, so stop demanding it.

by Anonymousreply 96October 7, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote]I'm saying they should not be reaching out on an anonymous forum. You don't know who we are. We don't know who you are.

I would think that would be the appeal for some people. They just want to unload something and get it out in the universe. As long as they're prepared to deal with/ignore the torrent of abuse that will inevitably come their way, why should I care?

Yes, it's problematic if they're expecting all sweetness and light in response, here at DL or anywhere across the Internet. I think Rescue Chick has been here long enough to know that.

by Anonymousreply 97October 7, 2021 3:53 PM

Carry pepper spray. Walmart sells it in the gun department.

by Anonymousreply 98October 7, 2021 4:01 PM

R92 someone who works in IT, so I'm sorry if you don't understand my nomenclature. I don't know what Muriel calls the current iteration of subscriber only (it isn't "Primetime" as it was originally created) but what _I_ call it is a subscriber lock, because it means no one but subscribers can post. Why on earth would you nitpick over me calling it that?

You also seem to think you know far more than you do. Were you here the past week when only subs could post? The threads you so casually (and inaccurately) refer to as "anti-trans" were in full bloom. Just because you, in your assumed omniscience, didn't notice them, doesn't mean there weren't any.

What there was during the SUBSCRIBER LOCK is less of is the casual, obvious trolls, as seen in this thread, and less of the "trolls accusing everyone else of being a troll and new to the DL" trolling, which you seem to be attempting.

"Primetime" - and yes, I do know the term - is an inaccurate way to describe what happens when the board goes down into lockdown mode. Originally it meant that the board was switched to subscriber only, automatically, during time periods of high traffic or preset times of day, but that has seemed to have been gone since the switch to use logins again. Now, there is just an on/off toggle that gets turned on whenever Muriel feels like it, manually, and switched off the same way.

So before you whine about semantics maybe know what you're talking about yourself. I am really tired of idiots like you thinking you're the one true user of the DL when you have no idea how long I've been around (it's been a long while).

by Anonymousreply 99October 7, 2021 4:09 PM

Take care of yourself OP. DL is a mixture of pictures of big dicks, good gossip, hot male bodies, witty commentary, cute and cuddly animal pics, insane political threads and very good advice on issues not specifically related to gay life. Along with some crazies, there are some very wise and compassionate people on this site. I understand rescue-chick's attraction to this site.

by Anonymousreply 100October 7, 2021 4:17 PM

R100, what I don’t understand is her attraction to Kiwi Farms. Compared to them, DL is like a church choir group.

by Anonymousreply 101October 7, 2021 4:22 PM

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

by Anonymousreply 102October 7, 2021 5:37 PM

Wait, I thought I understood the concept of trolls, but I don't.

1. Is a troll someone you don't agree with? Like, I'm a terf, does that make me a troll to some?

2. Is a troll someone who is in Russia and is being paid to go on random chat boards in the USA and just say stuff to make us argue with each other?

3. Is a troll someone who has made up a fantasy persona to use online?

by Anonymousreply 103October 7, 2021 5:46 PM

I doubt Elderlez will see this, but in response to this:

[quote]The period crap was started by the anti-vaccine trolls and I was responding about how ridiculous it was that they were trying to make normal period behavior into some horrific side effect.

That's the right thread but you're misrepresenting what happened. One of the anti-trans trolls asked rescue-chick "When's your period due, exactly?" and it went downhill from there. It had nothing to do with vaccinations.

You did say something like "to add to the menses drama" and brought up vaccinations, but that's not what I was referring to.

I'm sure I had you confused with the person who was pushing rescue-chick for more and more details on her heavy flow, and for that I'm sorry, but all I can say in my defense is that I've seen you frequently ask rescue-chick personally how she's doing, just like they did, so I thought that was you in an unsigned post.

If you've been here since 1997 then you know full well that DL is not anyone's personal blog, and that this wasn't a case of lesbians using a board for gays and lesbians, but a case of straight lady interlopers (and/or trolls pretending to be straight ladies) demanding we give them space, along with our energy and emotional attention, while they post homophobic, rightwing nonsense all over the place.

If you want to get personally involved with them and give them your time and attention, that's fine, but I would just ask that you stop pretending like any of this -- this thread, the thread I'm linking to, any of it -- is normal or appropriate for DL. You know it's not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 8, 2021 12:34 PM

Rescue-chick, ElderLez, DeJure, DeFacto, are all the same troll playing multiple roles trying to build a consensus.

by Anonymousreply 105October 8, 2021 4:30 PM

Hi R104. I appreciate your thoughtful response.

My reply in the thread you linked to was after the response I was referring to. I was referring to a response from a COVID related thread and would have been a few days to possibly two weeks earlier. In it I did reference some personal information so I assumed it was that when you mentioned “heavy flow days.” (Although I was just discussing timing.)

When I got here there was was a straight female NYU student who posted all the time about Bill Gates’ autism and an intestinal parasite troll. Straight ladies, trolls and hall monitors have always been with us. The division/foreign politically focused trolls are new. Normal and appropriate are not words I’d generally associate with DataLounge.

I enjoy the pointless bitchery mixed with camaraderie and occasionally insightful comments. RescueChick reminds me a lot of my straight female friends from New England IRL. I don’t have to agree with someone 100% to be fond of them. And I appreciate when posters authenticate. I don’t feel like Rescue-chick saps my emotional energy. But there maybe people/topics I would find exhausting that you enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 106October 8, 2021 4:38 PM

R72 and Retc., you make many excellent points that I've also made over the years.

The trolls you talk about are probably only one person. The person screaming insults, making up stories, endless race baiting, anti-gay trolling, etc. You and I exchanged a few comments about this in the "Threads from 2020 and prior..." thread also.

She loves making up characters and posting stories about them.

by Anonymousreply 107October 8, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote]What I don’t understand is her attraction to Kiwi Farms. Compared to them, DL is like a church choir group.

Probably the fact that a lot of the "lolcows" they make fun of are trans

by Anonymousreply 108October 8, 2021 5:23 PM

My Friday is turning to shit. 100% pure unadulterated shit!

by Anonymousreply 109October 8, 2021 6:03 PM

R105, while I'm not offended being called Elder Lez, she may be offended being called me.

by Anonymousreply 110October 8, 2021 6:31 PM

How are you doing now, Rescue-Chick? Hopefully better.

by Anonymousreply 111October 8, 2021 7:04 PM

I have become nervous any time anyone asks me that now ;) But, I'm an optimist and will just assume you're not a mischief maker r111. I'm actually doing really well. I talked it out and am now weatherizing my life before winter hits. Physical activity and cleaning/organizing really always help my brain behave.

by Anonymousreply 112October 8, 2021 7:12 PM

I don’t get offended by being accidentally confused with another poster.

I am honestly intrigued by what post or posts has caused R105 to think I am a troll and what consensus he or she or they thinks I am trying to build other than vaccination is a good thing.

Anyway I think R105 has great taste in music so I can’t be too mad at him or her or they.

by Anonymousreply 113October 8, 2021 9:31 PM

100% sincere, Rescue-Chick. I really wondered and am truly hopeful. Glad to hear you’re mending and “weatherizing” (I may borrow that…)

by Anonymousreply 114October 9, 2021 12:43 AM

Rescue chick, Defacto, Elder Lez, etc., ALL fucking loser BORIS

by Anonymousreply 115October 13, 2021 3:30 AM

Omg the trans loons are out in full force in this thread

by Anonymousreply 116October 13, 2021 4:35 AM

R116^^ says the fat loser who sits on the computer trolling anti-trans and racist shit 24/7. 😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 117October 13, 2021 10:33 AM

Give me a break...Nobody got time for this SORROW PORN.....BAN OP!!......Keep DL fun!! Say NO to the DL FICTION....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 13, 2021 10:39 AM

Hey, if I were a Russian Troll, which I am not, I’d identify as Natasha, not Boris.

Rescue-Chick, I hope this is a better week for you.

by Anonymousreply 119October 13, 2021 4:40 PM

not to jinx it EL but I feel great this week! and in my head, you are now Natasha :)

by Anonymousreply 120October 13, 2021 7:00 PM

How psycho is this: Boris having conversations between his sock puppets?

by Anonymousreply 121October 14, 2021 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!