Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SJWs follow Kyrsten Sinema into the shitter

Poor Kyrsten. Let the woman shit in peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 22, 2021 3:34 PM

Good place for her.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2021 2:51 AM

Rearrange the letters in "Kyrsten Sinema" and you get "Men say Stinker."

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2021 2:53 AM

It hid in the toilet rather than answer for it's evil, it wasn't using the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2021 2:55 AM

They should've given the bitch a swirlie.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2021 2:58 AM

Can't stand this cow, they were much nicer than she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2021 3:00 AM

R4 stop dehumanizing her by calling her “it.”

Also, oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2021 3:00 AM

I vote for deporting R3, immediately. I hear Russia is nice.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2021 3:04 AM

Oh look at the troll at R3 pretending there isn't overwhelming support for Dreamers to lawfully remain.

Sinema is holding up legislation her constituents support at an even higher rate than the nation overall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2021 3:04 AM

Go fuck yourself, "dear".

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2021 3:06 AM

F&F R3.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2021 3:06 AM

I volunteer to swirly R3's head in a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2021 3:06 AM

Big surprise; R3 = R4 = OP.

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2021 3:08 AM

Unless they ripped off her wig and attempted to flush it down the toilet, I'm not interested.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2021 3:09 AM

R9 “legal status” is not the same as “citizenship,” which is what’s being proposed. So the poll is flawed because it is proposing an option that’s not on the table.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2021 3:09 AM

^ Nice try moving the goalposts, troll. Citizenship is a lot closer to granting them legal status (which most Americans support) than your proposal of 100% deportation (which only a small group of assholes support). Oh, and the DREAM Act doesn't grant citizenship, it grants conditional permanent residency which can lead to lawful permanent residency which then creates a path to citizenship. Which is true for everyone granted lawful permanent residency.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2021 3:21 AM

Oh, and pro-tip: signing some posts but not others doesn't stop us from seeing all your posts in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2021 3:24 AM

R13 has toilet water between the ears.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2021 3:26 AM

R17 I just sign the ones that make you the angriest, doll.

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2021 3:27 AM

These are protesters, not SJW who are confronting an elected official they campaigned for. Rather than answer their questions she hid it the bathroom stall. Classy. Very classy. Intelligent too.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote]SJWs follow Kyrsten Sinema into the shitter

As the SJWs go, so does the country.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2021 3:30 AM

Those individuals were so rude!

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2021 3:32 AM

The toilet flush in the middle was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2021 3:35 AM

Sinema's quite a rude asshole herself, so they were just speaking her language.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2021 3:37 AM

I've coined a new word for these people: cuntstituents.

And it's bipartisan.

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2021 3:38 AM

Insurrectionists trying to interfere like that in the legislative process should be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2021 3:38 AM

WTF why are Dems fighting the infrastructure bill anyway?? It’s only payback for the years of corporate welfare.

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2021 3:39 AM

It's "rude" to subvert the will of your constituency.

by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote] Sinema's quite a rude asshole herself, so they were just speaking her language.

There’s nothing rude about Sinema’s great quip in response to a poorly worded question.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2021 3:42 AM

Her edgelording is curated for dumbasses like R29.

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2021 3:44 AM

R29 I’ve noticed she does seem to be quick with the quips. I remember earlier this year one reporter was hassling her about the filibuster for the thousandth time and she said something like, “I love your perseverance!” I lol’d.

by Anonymousreply 31October 4, 2021 3:45 AM

She’s a text book example of why people say “women are fucking crazy.”

by Anonymousreply 32October 4, 2021 3:47 AM

De drunk isn't done with de trolling.

by Anonymousreply 33October 4, 2021 3:47 AM

She's a cunt. Flush her.

by Anonymousreply 34October 4, 2021 3:47 AM

If a person asks you “where you are”, they deserve a response that provides a location.

by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2021 3:47 AM

I had this fucking troll blocked before it was cool.

by Anonymousreply 36October 4, 2021 3:50 AM

Wake me when Democrats start threatening the lives of their representatives or the lives of their families, like trash Republicans do when their representatives don't do what they tell them to do. This might be in poor taste but is NOTHING compared to harassment and death threats. Fuck off to anyone who thinks it is.

by Anonymousreply 37October 4, 2021 3:51 AM

I thought alcoholics were supposed to be nicer after they got clean.

What's your excuse, DeFuckTo?

by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2021 3:52 AM

Wherever she goes it becomes a shitter.

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2021 3:54 AM

R35 she was specifically asked where she was ON THE BILL. She refused to answer because she's an asshole. When the reporter persisted, she responded rudely, because she's a rude asshole.

You may think it's cute in your stupidity, but her voters are pissed and fed up with her. Her political future is dead (even if she switched parties, the GOP would primary her), and since everyone in Congress thinks she's either a joke or an asshole, her chances at bailing out for some cush lobbying job diminish every day she fails to make the kind of connections she needs to be worth the money she wants.

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2021 3:57 AM

I would love to see this bitch get her ass kicked on a Navajo Rez.

by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2021 3:59 AM

She’s a strong and clever lady. She knows what she’s doing.

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2021 4:01 AM

Manchin being a thorn on our Party is understandable. It's a super red state. Sinema is from AZ, a purple state that is chugging blue. I'm thinking she's getting advice from fatty McCain on how her father bucked his own party to advance his constituents well being.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2021 4:15 AM

What exactly is she doing for her constituents "well being?" Manchin leverages his position to get pork for his state. Sinema doesn't even have the sense to do that.

by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2021 4:21 AM

So if you live in the us undocumented how do you make money? Are those people homeless?

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2021 4:34 AM

How cowardly. They sound like informed young people, at least take a couple of minutes to talk to them properly.

Also, was she dressed as a circus tent?

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2021 4:46 AM

You and about 12 other buddies share a house and find work doing residential construction, r45.

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2021 5:16 AM

I hate her. I'm pretty inconsistent in politics but this is firm. Dreamers, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2021 5:23 AM

She opposed a $15 minimum wage, OP. This is a person who earns six figures and doesn't even have to work 40 hours a week if she doesn't want to. You don't have to be a SJW to consider her a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2021 5:37 AM

Who does this asshole think she is?

She lives on the public dole. Her constituents pay her salary.

She owes them an explanation of why she's voting, or not voting, the way she is.

"I don't do interviews" doesn't work when you're in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2021 5:50 AM

R24, I think that's funny.

by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2021 6:02 AM

She did a paid internship recently at some billionaire’s winery called Three Sticks in Sonoma

by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2021 6:59 AM

Remember when some trolls on here tried to fake controversy about AOC's ticket to the Met Gala fundraiser being comped. Good times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2021 7:19 AM

Do it, R12!

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2021 10:32 AM

Barbara Mandrell, is that you at R36?

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2021 12:07 PM

Does she ever dress appropriately for her job? I've never seen a picture of her where she doesn't look trashy.

by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2021 2:41 PM

r43, except McCain didn't even vote against his party as much as she does.

"If she's trying to copy McCain's ways, Sinema isn't doing a great job. McCain usually voted with his party. In his final full year in the Senate, he voted with his party more than 90% of the time on party unity votes (i.e. those where at least 50% of one party voted a different way from 50% of the other party). This was about on par for him. McCain voted with his party less than the median senator, but not that much less.

Sinema is an entirely different legislator. She votes against her party far more than the median legislator on party unity votes, according to the CQ Almanac. From 2013 to 2019, she's never voted with her party more than 75% of the time."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2021 2:43 PM

I think some reporter really needs to look into that paid "wine internship" she had last summer.

by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2021 2:52 PM

"Bring Nancy Pelosi out to be hanged"

- Pauline Bauer, January 6, 2021

by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2021 3:15 PM

r3 is OP, r54. Ignore the troll.

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2021 3:26 PM

R60, R3 is getting tons of WWs so apparently there are plenty of DLers who are sick of these entitled ungrateful dreamers coming here with a list of demands.

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2021 3:31 PM

I wish she would be more specific in her objections to the 3.5 trillion dollar bill. Manchin was specific in that he approved of the goals but wanted a lower price, 1.5 trillion. Whatever you think of Manchin, and I'm not a fan, he gave the progressives something to negotiate with. Sinema has said squat. Maureen Dowd's article on her is on point.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote]R3 is getting tons of WWs so apparently there are plenty of DLers who are sick of these entitled ungrateful dreamers

Wow, are YOU dumb.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2021 4:21 PM

Krysten Whine a Lot. This protest policing is bullshit. The lunch counter protestors in the south were told the same thing about "legitimate protest." How did that work out?

She's lucky this is the worst of what she has experienced so far. If she teams up with the far reich to get the girl deported, being chased into the bathroom will be the least of her problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2021 4:29 PM

What a gas.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2021 4:31 PM

She should look into wearing Depends, then they can't chat you up in the restroom.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote] This protest policing is bullshit.

I actually agree with this. The way the media and the government are now equating any protest with insurrection and terrorism is really quite Orwellian.

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2021 4:55 PM

She was teaching a class on a Sunday?

She teaches a class?

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2021 5:05 PM

SJWs: You didn't come in here to wash your hands.

Kyrsten Sinema: Y - yes, I did.

SJWs: You came in here to take a shit.

Kyrsten Sinema: No, really. I don't have to go. My hands were just dirty, that's all.

SJWs: Liar. I can smell you from here.

Kyrsten Sinema: Please let me go.

SJWs: First...take a shit.

Kyrsten Sinema: But I'll be late for congress.

SJWs: Well you're not leaving until you do...Shit. Now. Go.

Kyrsten Sinema: [enters stall and tries to shut door]

SJWs: Leave it! I want to make sure you shit. I want to see it with my own eyes.

Kyrsten Sinema: Why do you hate me?

SJWs: Because you're a corporate sellout.

SJWs: And ugly.

[scene]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2021 5:32 PM

Biden responds to it:

"Happens to everybody'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2021 6:06 PM

I'll never trust a pink-haired bisexual Nader voter again.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2021 6:17 PM

She missed have really did her supporters wrong. This is her campaign staff. Why is that missing from the headline here?

These ‘SJWs’ were her campaign staff.

How bad of a politician do you have to be that your own staff has to follow you in the bathroom?

Someone should make another thread and get the headline correct.

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote] She missed have really did her supporters wrong.

I don't think we want you writing the headline, R72.

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2021 6:39 PM

Headline: Senator runs and hides from own campaign staff in bathrooms

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2021 6:39 PM

Coming shortly ^

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]Does she ever dress appropriately for her job? I've never seen a picture of her where she doesn't look trashy.

As noted in the other thread, she dresses like what a Russian troll imagines a "wacky" liberal looks like.

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2021 6:47 PM

The people chasing her down were her own staff? How embarrassing for her. What a useless bitch.

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2021 6:58 PM

They weren't her staff.

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2021 6:59 PM

Not her staff but at least one of them volunteered or worked for her campaign.

Other former campaign staff/volunteers have been showing up to protests at her office.

The right-wing press keeps hiding this fact by just calling them all "activists."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2021 7:05 PM

They were on her campaign. Call them want you want but now she acts like she doesn’t know them?

Shady.

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2021 7:08 PM

More important detail (in the thread there are many more examples of constituents and activist groups trying to reach out to her only to be blocked):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2021 7:18 PM

Countdown to "I didn't leave the Democratic Party—the Democratic Party left MEEEE!"

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2021 7:22 PM

Also, r79, the link at r70 that seems to emphasize Biden brushing it off is from the Examiner.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2021 7:24 PM

WHY DOESN’T SHE HAVE A TOWN HALL?

by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2021 7:25 PM

She could've just spoke to her constituents instead she hid in the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2021 7:28 PM

LOL The reich wingers are not going to be happy to hear this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2021 7:36 PM

^ That's some well-delivered shade.

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2021 7:39 PM

Gawd, the DC press SUCKS. There's nothing remotely comparable between what happened with Manchin and Sinema other than they were confronted respectfully by angry supporters. Manchin spoke to the kayakers and it was an actual dialog. Sinema ran away like a chickenshit.

Manchin's full of shit, but he does make himself available to constituents. He has town halls and access events. For the press to frame this all as "scary protestors accosting politicians!" is hot garbage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote]There’s nothing rude about Sinema’s great quip in response to a poorly worded question.

She's not working for the DataLounge. She works for the people, I dont care how a question was asked, she needs to respect the people and answer honestly AND politely.

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2021 7:51 PM

She is so cringe with her childish behavior and zany outfits.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2021 7:58 PM

Why would they follow her home?

by Anonymousreply 91October 4, 2021 8:02 PM

She dresses like Wilma Flintstome

by Anonymousreply 92October 4, 2021 10:05 PM

She is such a wackjob, her first time and she has already burned bridges with the 2 main groups that help put her into office. They now want her out.

Her career is going to end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2021 11:08 PM

[quote] Sinema is an entirely different legislator. She votes against her party far more than the median legislator on party unity votes, according to the CQ Almanac. From 2013 to 2019, she's never voted with her party more than 75% of the time."

If the other Democratic senators would follow her lead and vote the same as she does, the percentage would accordingly be higher.

by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2021 11:30 PM

Let’s talk about that other 25%. That is the whole ballgame. Please tell me our more dim denizens are putting it all together now.

It’s all in the 25%.

by Anonymousreply 95October 4, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote]She could've just spoke to her constituents instead she hid in the toilet.

I think her DC staff should turn on her and answer her office phone from now on with "Sorry, she's on the toilet."

by Anonymousreply 96October 4, 2021 11:38 PM

Seeing as how these are illegals and cannot vote, they are not her constituents. She doesn’t owe them any more answers than she does anyone living in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 97October 4, 2021 11:42 PM

Hope Floats: The Krysten Sinema Story

by Anonymousreply 98October 4, 2021 11:44 PM

I picked three of the votes Sinema made “against the party” at random, and it seems strange that the majority didn’t vote with her. I saw where she voted to repeal the excise tax on medical devices, to approve Defense appropriations and to reauthorize the FAA. All were votes against the party, but none of those three votes should be controversial.

by Anonymousreply 99October 4, 2021 11:47 PM

I hate Sinema but this was stupid and made them look like hyenas.

by Anonymousreply 100October 4, 2021 11:54 PM

R100 No! Sinema (who needs an enema because the bitch is full of shit) is the hyena. This POS wore a "fuck off" to reply to her constituents as to why she thumbs down and curtsied to reject the 15b dollar minimum wage increase! She made things even worse by bringing a chocolate cake to share and snicker over in keeping with her self imposed "Marie Antoinette" image. I hate her with a passion. She has plenty of time for fossil fuel people and chamber of commerce fuckwads who are bribing her to tank Biden's agenda and hurt American lower and middle class. She patted Moscow Mitch on the back before her thumbs down vote on Min. wage and 2 of her closest confidantes are said to be former Sen. trey Gowdy and current Sen. and slimy bastard, Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2021 12:53 AM

Sinema continues to avoid answering the questions of her constituents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2021 1:16 AM

Where’s that Meidas Touch? Perhaps they can investigate and expose a little.

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2021 1:28 AM

Can't even bother to look her constituents in the eye. What a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 5, 2021 1:34 AM

I didn’t think an airline would let passengers travel with their breasts taped up and busting out like that. It’s really inappropriate for any passengers let alone a Senator. It’s unbecoming.

by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2021 2:14 AM

R104 If we must have them here, illegal immigrants should be in the shadows working hard and keeping their noses down. They should NOT be brazen enough to harass law-abiding Americans.

Deport this scum.

by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2021 2:16 AM

R104 oh, and illegals are NOT her constituents. They are foreign nationals.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2021 2:17 AM

DL Favorite Trevor Donovan is extremely disappointing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote] I hate Sinema but this was stupid and made them look like hyenas.

Good description of the SJW insurrectionist.

Sophia Marjanovic said in a Facebook post she would not allow the 'tone police' to criticize her after all she had endured as a human trafficking victim

'Connect with the fact that you are on stolen indigenous women and children go missing and murdered,' Marjanovic told critics of her actions

Marjanovic was in the group of activists who filmed the Sen Sinema inside a bathroom in Arizona State University

She did so while shouting at Sinema, a moderate Democrat, for her current failure to support Joe Biden's huge infrastructure plans

Sinema was also called to support a Biden policy that would grant citizenship to illegal immigrants

The activist has a PhD in microbiology and immunology, but is highly engaged in activism and politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2021 3:16 AM

R104 Is Senator Bustier flying coach now? I thought she got all of that sweet lobbyist cash.

by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2021 5:11 AM

She was not bullied she just had to talk to her constituents

by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2021 11:51 AM

This is the new thread. This one is not scrolling and seems to be stuck

Please join the lively discussion here at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2021 11:56 AM

I cannot believe that people on DL are defending this woman! She is the fraueyist frau to ever frau!

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2021 11:59 AM

What is that red on her face in R109?

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote]Wake me when Democrats start threatening the lives of their representatives or the lives of their families, like trash Republicans do when their representatives don't do what they tell them to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2021 12:55 PM

r114, I assumed it was menstrual blood, but I don’t know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2021 12:57 PM

Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2021 1:00 PM

This thread isn’t working well can we switch to the other one?

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2021 1:01 PM

she's a cunt, and we know it

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2021 1:03 PM

This thread seems to be working fine.

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2021 1:04 PM

There was a second incident.

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2021 1:06 PM

OP didn't sign his post but it's Dejure.

They are also #104 in the thread titled "Ughh. The trolls are back. Their act is so tired. So lame" and they DID sign that post, so you can confirm with ignore-dar if you are so inclined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2021 1:23 PM

What's Dejure?

by Anonymousreply 123October 6, 2021 12:19 AM

R123 the fabulous OP of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 124October 6, 2021 2:04 AM

Did she change her vote?

by Anonymousreply 125October 6, 2021 3:11 AM

R111 They are not her constituents.

by Anonymousreply 126October 6, 2021 11:56 AM

Nor her "staff".

by Anonymousreply 127October 6, 2021 1:11 PM

They're not? They are Arizona residents, right?

by Anonymousreply 128October 6, 2021 1:43 PM

R128 They are non citizens. They don’t vote. Should she serve the interests of tourists in AZ as well? No. As a politician her job is to serve the American people and American voters.

by Anonymousreply 129October 6, 2021 3:42 PM

The sounds are the best part.

by Anonymousreply 130October 6, 2021 4:49 PM

Her turning her back on her staff is the worst part. Even if she ran away to a coat closet, it’s the betrayal of her staff that is the sin here. As well as the betrayal of the citizens of Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 131October 6, 2021 5:58 PM

Garret Haake tried to get her to speak but he failed too

by Anonymousreply 132October 6, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] Her turning her back on her staff is the worst part.

Except, as noted many times, those were not her staff.

by Anonymousreply 133October 6, 2021 8:15 PM

R131 the betrayal was allowing this country to be overrun by third world immigrants in the first place and refusing to do anything about it for the last 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 134October 6, 2021 8:19 PM

Dejure = Nazi cunt.

by Anonymousreply 135October 6, 2021 10:49 PM

Its long past time for open season on illegals. Put a bounty on them and go door to door in places we know they infest.

by Anonymousreply 136October 7, 2021 2:07 AM

R136 You I like.

by Anonymousreply 137October 7, 2021 5:40 AM

The feeling is mutual r137.

by Anonymousreply 138October 7, 2021 6:14 AM

Nazi love; ain't it sweet?

by Anonymousreply 139October 7, 2021 6:17 AM

She is not sweet

by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2021 2:47 AM

Arizona State University police recommend charges for protesters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 21, 2021 4:39 PM

Looks like it didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 142October 21, 2021 5:17 PM

The Atlantic tries to bring the Sinema haters back down to Earth

Kyrsten Sinema Isn’t Hitting the Panic Button

Sinema does not seem rattled by any of it—and it’s not clear that she should be. Unseating her would be difficult. She isn’t up for reelection until 2024, so any primary challenge is years away. Voters’ memories are short, and the political landscape will be different by then.

Ousting a sitting senator is a dubious project, and even if lefties were to defeat Sinema with one of their own, a more progressive candidate might find it harder to win a general election. Arizona is still a purple state, and Sinema’s popularity among independents and Republicans remains fairly high. “I’ve seen [progressives] throw everything at her to create this narrative that she’s in this very perilous situation,” Mike Noble, the research chief at the Arizona-based nonpartisan polling firm OH Predictive Insights, told me. But “I don’t see a need for her to be hitting the panic button.”

Sinema, whose office did not respond to multiple requests for comment, is not underwater yet. She’s lost some standing among Arizona Democrats, but her approval rating is still at 56 percent, according to Noble’s most recent poll. (At this early juncture, approval polls are probably more reliable than likely-voter models.) Sinema can afford to anger the Democratic base a little, so long as she gets at least 50 percent of it in her primary race, Noble said. John McCain won only 52 percent of the GOP primary vote in his last election, in 2016, but he still won the general by 13 points. Similarly, Sinema’s power is her cross-party appeal: 42 percent of independents view her favorably, and she’s almost as popular among Republicans.

Another Democrat could challenge Sinema in 2024 and win. That person would have to be similarly well known, with plenty of money and optimism to spare: Winning a primary challenge against an incumbent senator is extremely difficult; only five people have done it this century, according to FiveThirtyEight. Four of those five went on to lose the general election. (And Sinema’s state is more difficult terrain for Democrats than any of those primary victors’ states were.)

Sixteen percent of Republican women in Maricopa County, where most Arizonans live, broke with their party to vote for Sinema in 2018, making her the first Democrat to win a Senate race in the state in 30 years. I wrote about some of those women then—and I called them up again for this story. Jane Andersen, a former Republican, told me that Sinema represents the interests of moderates. “She was elected in a state that has extreme conservatives and a lot in the middle,” Andersen said. “She’s doing a fantastic job.”

Relying on conservative and independent voters to build a Democratic majority in the Senate always carried the risk that, when push came to shove, those voters wouldn’t go along with Democrats’ goals. I recognized a little bit of Sinema in these women—an eagerness to buck expectations. “Censure and threats from one’s party can be a badge of honor,” Laura Clement, an ESL teacher and independent voter from Mesa, told me in an email. “She’s powerful, and I want to keep people like her in power.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 21, 2021 10:30 PM

Who's the hottie in the tight white shirt in R143's pic?

by Anonymousreply 144October 21, 2021 10:37 PM

"Kyrsten Sinema" is an anagram for:

Karen in system

Men Say Stinker

Skinny Steamer

Meany Stinkers

Try Skin Enemas

Mrs. Inky Senate

Insert My Snake

by Anonymousreply 145October 21, 2021 10:57 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 146October 22, 2021 3:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!