Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Katie Couric’s New Book

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545October 31, 2021 4:17 AM

It's the Fail.....grain of salt and all that

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2021 8:55 PM

News people. 20 million dollars one year. Forgotten the next. They have no shelf life.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2021 9:13 PM

No thanks.

I was uninterested in this entitled, smug (and by some reports, racist) twat the first time around.

Couric remains her own biggest fan.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2021 9:47 PM

from the article:

Couric left Joan Rivers so angry after asking if she had plastic surgery on her short-lived talk show 'Katie' that they never spoke again.

Backstage, Rivers said of Couric: 'Who does she think she is? She's on her knees blowing 14-year-olds', referring to Brooks Perlin, her much-younger boyfriend.

Love that Joan.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2021 9:55 PM

Deborah Norville got such a bad wrap. She was only trying to do a job, and people acted like she stormed onto the show and forced Pauley off at gunpoint. Even Jane said the outrage was ridiculous.

Funny how Couric was such a bitch towards Joan Rivers . Joan Rivers and Deborah Norville were very good friends.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote]Couric left Joan Rivers so angry after asking if she had plastic surgery on her short-lived talk show 'Katie' that they never spoke again.

Why was Joan so angry? It's not like her plastic surgery was a secret. Joan readily admitted to it often, granted in a funny way, but still.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2021 10:00 PM

I give her credit for naming names and not sugar coating things. Like it or not, she’s owning her bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2021 10:15 PM

I am a nobody and she offered me help without the cameras present so I don't want to trash her but why is she going there? Does she need the money that badly?

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2021 10:15 PM

Sounds like she is going scorched earth.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2021 10:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2021 10:19 PM

Struggling to be relevant. She's not.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2021 10:25 PM

Her interview with the father of the kids drowned by Susan Smith was horrendous. I remember Katie seemed almost gleeful. She was smiling and asking the poor dad something like, "How did you feel when you found out the kids were in the car and Susan drove it into the water? My memory could be wrong, but whatever Katie said was cruel and shocking to me at the time.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2021 10:31 PM

R12 Oh dear. I forgot the close quote. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2021 10:32 PM

Someone who worked with her at one of her former networks called her The Stupid Cunt in the Chair (full context: they were discussing one of her strong competitors and this person said, “And all we have is…”).

She was terrible while at CBS. Just cliquey and lazy. One year, when the holiday party was cancelled, she threw a party in her office for her favorites. Champagne and fancy foods and gifts for all of them, while the rest of their colleagues watched from the outside.

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2021 10:32 PM

Couric is 64. She's burned through network evening news, morning news, afternoon chat.... no one will touch her anyway, so why not score some easy bucks and attention?

The more I know about her the less I like her.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote] I remember Katie seemed almost gleeful. She was smiling and asking the poor dad something like, "How did you feel when you found out the kids were in the car and Susan drove it into the water?

LOL

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2021 10:34 PM

Love Joan Rivers but she could dish it out but couldn't take it. Very sensitive and fragile.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2021 10:34 PM

Katie couric eats bowel movements.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2021 10:35 PM

We're supposed to pick sides in a Joan Rivers vs. Katie Couric battle? Barf.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2021 10:35 PM

WHET Melissa Rivers?

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2021 10:40 PM

Living off her inheritance and the almost 9 figure settlement she got for the wrongful death suits that were settled.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote]R5: Deborah Norville got such a bad wrap.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2021 10:42 PM

WHET to the selfie doctors?

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2021 10:49 PM

If anyone's watching THE MORNING SHOW on Apple TV, it's no secret that it's mostly the Today Show. And Jennifer Aniston's character is a composite, but mostly based on Katie Couric. (But more likeable, I think.)

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2021 10:51 PM

Melissa is writing a book R20 called Lies My Mother Told Me: Tall Tales From a Short Woman. It’s due to publish next April.

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2021 10:59 PM

Thanks for the update.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2021 11:06 PM

I have yet to deal with any woman named Katie in a professional setting who wasn’t a scheming, underhanded bitch.

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2021 11:21 PM

It should be titled "Cunting There," not "Going There."

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2021 11:30 PM

Not me, OP. I can’t stand the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2021 11:31 PM

She and Connie Chung belong on some sort of "Island of Broken TV News Anchors."

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2021 11:40 PM

I was not surprised Katie doesn't get along with women. Back in 2006 she was barely gracious towards her replacement, Meredith Vieria

She never spoke to Meredith, no "Good Luck" no best wishes, Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2021 11:42 PM

Katie forever gets a pass from me for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2021 11:47 PM

$15m salary to read the evening news. That feels like a skewer through my heart. I am ok financially, but clawed every nickel of my savings from the ground, roots, boulders and all.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2021 11:50 PM

Anyone notice that Couric's first husband was a Matt Lauer look a like?

I'm happy she trashes everyone. I am soooo sick of those sanitized autobios that kiss ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2021 11:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2021 12:30 AM

She's a nasty little piece of work, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2021 12:38 AM

who gives a flying fuck what this old blond cunt has to say about other forgotten old cunts and assholes?

by Anonymousreply 37September 30, 2021 12:43 AM

I'd like her to trash creeps Bryant Gumble and Matt Lauer....

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2021 12:46 AM

She's not a blonde cunt, r37.

She's a brunette cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2021 12:47 AM

A bad "wrap," R5?

Was the lettuce spoiled?

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2021 12:50 AM

The tea is cold, but I'll still drink it.

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote] who gives a flying fuck what this old blond cunt has to say about other forgotten old cunts and assholes?

I, for one, would like to hear what she has to say.

I did read the DM article. She should just own her cuntiness. She says she was unwelcoming to other women because it wouldn't have made sense for her to be otherwise (professionally). Her attitude was that there was only room for one woman (it seems).

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote]She and Connie Chung belong on some sort of "Island of Broken TV News Anchors."

R30 Barbara Walters would be the queen of that island.

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2021 1:07 AM

Deborah Norville was younger, that's it.

Deborah Norville was also the lightest light weight ever to host a TV show. Backstage, Gumball (who was no fan of Couric) must have been blowing a gasket.

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote]Deborah Norville was also the lightest light weight ever to host a TV show

Hold my beer.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2021 1:16 AM

Brooks Perlin can get it!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2021 1:28 AM

But Phyllis kept [italic]great[/italic] pageant hair!

by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2021 1:28 AM

Debbie is still employed. Who has the last laugh now?

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2021 1:29 AM

People forget but Katie was hugely popular for many years. She was given credit for restoring Today to its former luster after the botched Pauley/Norville transition and she was the network darling for 15 years during NBC’s zenith. Her stint at CBS was hugely hyped and her Palin interview was given partial credit for Obama’s 2008 triumph. When Katie was good, she was really good. To thrive in broadcast news, you have to have sharp elbows. Are we pretending Peter Jennings and the like were kittens?

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2021 1:31 AM

R49 true Network News is a blood sport - but it is Katie that is telling these tales. And makes her look WORSE

She should have just taken the high road and not be so nasty, it is almost like she has some score to settle

by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2021 1:34 AM

I dunno. I've always liked her. What did she do, OP, to arouse your hatred?

by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2021 1:36 AM

I'm torn. On one hand I love the dirt. On the other hand I'm repelled by it. I appreciate she's telling the unvarnished truth, but what a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2021 1:36 AM

DL Favorite Disgraced **** News Anchor Katie Couric

by Anonymousreply 53September 30, 2021 1:42 AM

I'm fine with her doing this. It sounds like she's critical of herself in the book as well as of other people. It's not like she's Patti LuPone or Cybill Shepherd bitching about how she was perfect but everyone else in the universe let her down.

by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2021 1:43 AM

Deborah Norville is now a gay icon? OY.

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2021 1:43 AM

The "60 Minutes" producer who wrote that show's tell-all disliked both Mike Wallace and Steve Kroft intensely, but he saved most of his venom for Katie, who he said was vapid, lazy, and fought back against asking tough questions of famous people.

(He wrote that Kroft cheated on his wife constantly and was a terrible alcoholic, which is apparent because he looks like W.C. Fields these days.)

by Anonymousreply 56September 30, 2021 1:44 AM

She a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 57September 30, 2021 2:02 AM

Allegedly she treated her husband Jay like crap while he was alive. There were some blinds about that after he died. She played the grieving widow to the hilt, rivaling that Russian pairs skater Ekaterina in milking sympathy to all within her orbit.

by Anonymousreply 58September 30, 2021 2:30 AM

She seems to have been very toxic. I feel sorry for that nice husband of hers. Poor Jay. She must have bitched her way into his life - how else could she have ended up with him.

by Anonymousreply 59September 30, 2021 3:01 AM

R6 Joan was always a hypocritical piece of shit. It was okay for HER to ask invasive questions to people and make fun of people, but don’t you dare do that to her or Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 60September 30, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote] I remember Katie seemed almost gleeful. She was smiling and asking the poor dad something like, "How did you feel when you found out the kids were in the car and Susan drove it into the water?

Ann Coulter wasn't wrong when he described Katie as "the affable Eva Braun of morning television.".

by Anonymousreply 61September 30, 2021 3:25 AM

I can't wait to read the book! It sounds to me like she's brutally honest and harder on herself than anyone else. What's not tolike?

I do find it odd that the OP's article has no mention of Katie's views on Matt Lauer, Bryant Gumbel and Tom Brokaw. Surely they're all in the book.

by Anonymousreply 62September 30, 2021 3:25 AM

[quote] Couric writes that she regrets moving Perlin into her home without asking daughters so they had to deal with a 30-something guy walking around shirtless. The relationship led to 'distance' between her parents and her children which Couric also regrets.

This is why I think people with kids shouldn't move new people into the house. But how the hell did new, young boyfriend drive a wedge between her children and their grandparents?

by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2021 3:32 AM

Imagine being a teenage girl and having Katie Couric as your mother. I'm sure she competed ruthlessly with them with about everything and flirted with their boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2021 3:36 AM

Does anyone remember when her husband would appear as a commentator on MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2021 3:41 AM

Couric used to psychologically pummel Ann Curry when she was the news reader on "Today."

"Katie was a bully and Ann was the victim," a source at ABC told Weller.

One classic Couric maneuver was to throw Curry "off balance by criticizing Ann's clothing choices just before they went on air," Weller wrote.

Couric's colleagues at CBS later dubbed it the "compli- insult."

Katie would always have been the mean girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2021 3:43 AM

From the book, via The Sun:

[quote]DINNER AT EPSTEIN’S

[quote]When self-proclaimed billionaire Jeffrey Epstein hosted a 2010 dinner at his Upper East Side Manhattan palatial Couric remembered spotting Prince Andrew in attendance.

[quote]She characterized Epstein's $75million townhouse as “Eyes Wide Shut with a twist - creepy chandeliers and body-part art.".

[quote]During the notorious gathering, guests were served lasagna out of shallow bowls and Epstein mingled in front of the fireplace with Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn, George Stephanopoulos and Charlie Rose.

[quote]She wondered about both Prince Andrew and Epstein: “I couldn't imagine what Epstein and Andrew were up to, apart from trying to cultivate friends in the media.

[quote]“Which, in retrospect, they must have figured they'd need when the pedophilia charges started rolling in."

When the charges started rolling in? This party was in 2010, after Epstein had just served time for similar crimes. Charges had not only rolled in, but had been prosecuted and he had just served a sentence. Katie (and others) were attending his "return to freedom" party, practically.

From Wikipedia:

[quote]Epstein served almost 13 months before being released on July 22, 2009 for a year of probation on house arrest until August 2010. While on probation he was allowed numerous trips on his corporate jet to his residences in Manhattan and the U.S. Virgin Islands. He was allowed long shopping trips and to walk around Palm Beach "for exercise".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 30, 2021 6:24 AM

Under the guise of colon cancer awareness, Katie gave America the ultimate red-eye when she forced Today to broadcast an entire second hour on location inside her second hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 30, 2021 6:27 AM

[quote] During the notorious gathering, guests were served lasagna out of shallow bowls and Epstein mingled in front of the fireplace with Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn, George Stephanopoulos and Charlie Rose. She wondered about both Prince Andrew and Epstein: “I couldn't imagine what Epstein and Andrew were up to, apart from trying to cultivate friends in the media.

Glossing over the obvious fact she too was there "mingling" and "cultivating" alongside the rest

by Anonymousreply 69September 30, 2021 6:46 AM

I've never forgotten one of the best jokes Tina Fey ever told on Weekend Update:

"NBC's Today Show host Katie Couric recently announced she's leaving the network to become anchor of the CBS Evening News. The show will be for people who like the news, but wish it contained more awkward flirting."

by Anonymousreply 70September 30, 2021 6:53 AM

[quote] "Couric's colleagues at CBS later dubbed it the "compli- insult."

It already has a name. It's a fucking backhanded compliment. And "compli-insult" isn't even clever. Hell, it doesn't even sound good.

by Anonymousreply 71September 30, 2021 6:58 AM

It was probably "complinsult," which would actually make sense, but the tabloid dumdums got it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 72September 30, 2021 7:02 AM

[quote]It already has a name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 30, 2021 7:11 AM

Speaking of shade, I'd love to see Martha Stewart throw some back at Kuntie.

by Anonymousreply 74September 30, 2021 7:15 AM

Couric's first husband, Jay Monahan, was a blowhard, know-it-all, sort of right-wing asshole "legal expert." He used to do the "talking-head circuit" when CNBC was doing primetime political shows before MSNBC took over that role in the NBC family juggernaut.

by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2021 7:24 AM

Did Couric slam Lauer in her book? She must have known he was a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2021 7:25 AM

[quote] “I couldn't imagine what Epstein and Andrew were up to, apart from trying to cultivate friends in the media.

Ah, so dutiful Prince Andrew was only trying to acquire favorable PR by befriending "media" with Epstein's help - on a mission from his mother, no doubt. Yes, that explains it all.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2021 7:31 AM

Most liberal women I’ve met have contempt and don’t like other women

That whole “feminism” shit is just a charade

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2021 8:52 AM

Feminism doesn’t require women to fawn over known cunts like Couric.

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2021 8:55 AM

R79 feminism is a joke and a charade, I can name 10 liberal women in my family or through work who are ALWAYS nasty and judgmental and downright hateful towards other women

It’s a big farce

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2021 9:00 AM

R79 and they’re hateful towards other women for literally no reason too

I worked with this HUGE liberal woman who worked for the Democratic Party campaigns too and she out of the blue didn’t like a new younger and prettier coworker and started lying and spreading rumors that this new girl was giving blowjobs to the boss and was “on her knees when she should be working “ etc

Just pure hatred and jealousy, shit if she could this “liberal feminist “ would probably kill the poor girl if she could get away with it

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2021 9:04 AM

Most women don't have time for other women.

Because decades of sexism have ingrained in them that there's usually only one seat at the table for a woman, so they have to fight for it.

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2021 9:04 AM

R82 that’s actually why a lot of straight or bisexual women like having stereotypical gay men as friends because they don’t get jealous with them and they know they’ll be honest with them without an ulterior motive

I know women like that and then they usually say “Women are bitches though, always hating, I can’t be around them”

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2021 9:10 AM

She knows she’s yesterday’s news. This is another example of entitled assholes trying to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2021 9:43 AM

How long has she been out of work?

She missed out on some prime earning years.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2021 9:50 AM

I have seen her livestream on Instagram a few times. My reactions have been "is this what it's come to for Katie Couric?! Instagram livestreams?!" and "I actually like this version of her personality a lot." She's more laid back and not 'on' for the cameras. She's also got an extreme liberal bias, which sort of surprises me but it's my bias and so if she's just being herself, I'm cool with it.

I never liked her peppy morning show personality when I was young.

I don't know how I feel about her writing a tell-all book. Kind of tacky, but I probably would not be above doing it if I had stories I wanted to disclose. I certainly would do it later in life about my current and former workplaces if anyone wanted to read it because some people who everyone on the outside always find to be charming are total sociopaths when you work with them every day.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2021 9:54 AM

The DM article says she wrote a lot about Epstein, including people who 'cozied up' to him at his home, including Chelsea Handler. I may get this book.

But it also begs the question of why Couric was at those same parties.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2021 10:01 AM

Does she have “an” OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2021 10:02 AM

That’s it: Katie is the new Karen

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2021 10:11 AM

A person I know told me that she was right there when Couric was very nice and attentive to fans outside of 30 Rock. No cameras were around and she didn’t have to be.

I agree with r49, too.

That said, I’ve never liked Couric. I always detected the mean streak. She embarrassed a young pretty woman on air but in the process, Couric revealed her own massive insecurity and mean girlness.

“Ma’am”? You can stop that” said Couric and I know it reads corny and trite but she said that with such a mean snarl it startled me. but I truly felt sorry for that young nobody she was interviewing.

She visibly flinched when Couric told her that. She truly was stung. The young woman had a southern accent and don’t they automatically refer to other women as “Ma’am”?

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2021 10:18 AM

“Katies” has always been bigger bitches than “Karens”

by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2021 10:18 AM

I hated Katie Couric for a long time but since I don't watch morning TV, I don't know much about her. My hatred is by association.

I had a female boss in the late '90s, a woman I absolutely loathed, who was Couric's biggest fan. She'd dream up reasons to go to New York on the company plane so she could stay in a hotel near the NBC studio where TODAY was broadcast. Yes, she was one of the idiotic people standing outside the studio windows at the commercial breaks and bumpers.

If that awful woman like Katie Couric, then I was sure I would NOT. Silly, but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2021 10:21 AM

I agree that "Karens" are way more likely to be named Katie than Karen. Kaitlin seems like the perfect name for them. Karen never really fit for me.

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2021 10:21 AM

Never trust a woman who shows that much gum when she smiles.

by Anonymousreply 94September 30, 2021 10:26 AM

GLEEFUL GUMS

by Anonymousreply 95September 30, 2021 10:26 AM

[quote] I’ve never liked Couric. I always detected the mean streak.

Others agree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 30, 2021 10:32 AM

was Couric blamed for CBS Evening News ratings decline?

by Anonymousreply 97September 30, 2021 10:33 AM

She was so disliked at NBC nwhen they heard her coming down the hall, people would close their office doors.

by Anonymousreply 98September 30, 2021 10:34 AM

R21 Melissa donated the money from the lawsuit to Joan's favorite charities.

by Anonymousreply 99September 30, 2021 10:36 AM

I dislike her for one main reason.

When she hosted the nightly news, she closed with a personal commentary, and one night her commentary was about the importance of libraries. She recounted the story of when she got her first library card, how it opened up a whole world to her and changed her life. Nice. Unfortunately, it was plagiarized from a newspaper columnist, I believe practically word for word.

She was caught.

She blamed one of her writers and he was fired. It was instantly forgotten by all and it didn't damage her credibility at all.

I don't know how anyone, and particularly a journalist, can tell a first-person account of something like that as if it happened to them when it never did, and then blame someone else for having written the lie.

It's insane to me that Brian Williams was fired for exaggerating a personal anecdote, but Couric straight up lied and then scapegoated an underling and got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 100September 30, 2021 10:39 AM

[quote]She and Connie Chung belong on some sort of "Island of Broken TV News Anchors."

Hey, I resent that. I was once the Chinese That Girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 30, 2021 10:42 AM

She was not the brightest bulb on the show.

GAWD, no it's not a sign of the times, I was in my 20's back then working for a computer game company, EVERYONE knew what the Internet was at that point.

Except house Fraus and Katie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 30, 2021 10:50 AM

that library card debacle really sums her up.... hilarious really ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 30, 2021 10:58 AM

R100 There is a subset of people in media who appear to be immune from firing. Not a lot of people know this but New York Times Maureen Dowd was caught plagiarizing a few years ago as well. For whatever reason she kept her job.

by Anonymousreply 104September 30, 2021 11:07 AM

Yep, she's a cheater

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 30, 2021 11:12 AM

The cuntiest former anchor book of all time, by Ubercunt Sally Quinn, about her stint on the CBS Morning News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 30, 2021 11:18 AM

I never liked her when she was America's news sweetheart. I wouldn't buy the book but I am interested in the excerpts I am reading online, I'm all for juicy gossip.

by Anonymousreply 107September 30, 2021 11:21 AM

R106 Sally Quinn oozes malevolence. I've heard accounts from people who have met her that her presence induces shudders. She is vile.

by Anonymousreply 108September 30, 2021 11:23 AM

I think most if not all of them are vile - you don’t reach the ‘top’ by being nice.

by Anonymousreply 109September 30, 2021 11:31 AM

When did she become "Katie"?

She went by "Katherine" initially.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 30, 2021 11:41 AM

R110 Probably when focus groups revealed that morning show audiences want someone cute and perky with their morning cereal.

by Anonymousreply 111September 30, 2021 11:42 AM

Us ed to love her. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 112September 30, 2021 11:44 AM

R75, Jay Monahan befriended Kato Kaelin during the OJ trial.

He wined and dined him, brought him into his home, had him play with his kids, etc.

by Anonymousreply 113September 30, 2021 11:46 AM

R111, Like Barbie Walters?

by Anonymousreply 114September 30, 2021 11:47 AM

R1 I love the way the DM gets the blame for what Couric wrote. The stuff is in quotes. You know what that means, yes?

by Anonymousreply 115September 30, 2021 11:51 AM

R7 Nailed it. The public may not like her, but they love to hear first-hand shit about other people they also probably don't like.

Bitchery sells.

Ever read Tina Brown's bio of Diana? Right for the jugular of every party involved in that sorry-arse saga.

It's a fabulous read. And no one ever compared Brown with St Teresa.

And how cuntiness sells should be evident in how fucking much money she has.

And what we come to DL for.

It isn't a just world. But then, that was never the point, was it?

Bring it, Katie.

by Anonymousreply 116September 30, 2021 11:57 AM

Her advance paid for her daughter's recent wedding.

by Anonymousreply 117September 30, 2021 12:00 PM

Katie's 'big' scoop when she debuted as CBS anchor was to reveal the name of Suri Cruise. All hope was lost of CBS's credibility then.

Leslie Stahl absolutely despises Katie, and was definitely not alone in trying to sabotage her. Les and Julie were totally 100% Katie enabalists.

by Anonymousreply 118September 30, 2021 12:01 PM

[quote] The young woman had a southern accent and don’t they automatically refer to other women as “Ma’am”?

My cousins were trained to use “Sir” and “Ma’am” as a sign of respect.

Barbara Boxer also did it. She was in a Congressional investigation interviewing a man in the military. The man answered her question, “Yes, ma’am” and Boxer went off on him that he had to address her as “Senator.”

by Anonymousreply 119September 30, 2021 12:06 PM

Same with Britney Spears during her April (June?) testimony. She repeatedly referred deferentially to the judge as "ma'am" and various people called her disrespectful for not calling her "your honor." She's a southern girl who has been more sheltered than anyone short of British royalty for her lifetime, and "ma'am" to her is probably even more respectful than "your honor" is.

When I was little, I visited with family in North Carolina and one of my uncles swatted a young cousin on the butt when he neglected to refer to an aunt as "ma'am." The convention is waning, but in some parts of the south and throughout a lot of African American families, using "sir," "ma'am" and calling older women "Miss _____" are not optional, and failing to show this kind of respect gets kids spankings.

by Anonymousreply 120September 30, 2021 12:18 PM

How petty of her.

by Anonymousreply 121September 30, 2021 12:19 PM

No one's mentioned her role on "Will & Grace"?

by Anonymousreply 122September 30, 2021 12:21 PM

And if nothing else, she was the first person to present hole on television.

by Anonymousreply 123September 30, 2021 12:32 PM

[quote]"Katie was a bully and Ann was the victim," a source at ABC told Weller.

Ann Curry's victimhood knows no bounds. Katie did it to her, Lauer did it to her. Her career was ruined by others... How about she was unable/unwilling to understand how a news shows work and learn how to survive it? She couldn't handle the job, and I rejoiced when she cried and left.

I only like Katie Couric because she was all sweet on the outside and a ruthless bitch on the inside. Glad she's off TV and will never return, and very happy that she's spilling her version of everything.

by Anonymousreply 124September 30, 2021 12:44 PM

Friend who worked at NBC for decades HATED this Uber cunt! He said she had gummy smile but thought she was Pam Anderson when she strutted into work (late) and demanded her hair and makeup asap. She was always flirting as if she had the goods but looked like a school teacher. Flat ass, weird eyes and bad teeth. She was rude to other women, at least she’s acknowledging her jealously. Deborah Norville was a dream. Railroaded and treated like shite because she was (still is) too good looking and threatening to the “newsy” looking cunts. She came after Deborah but it probably could have been the best cat fighting on set.

by Anonymousreply 125September 30, 2021 1:01 PM

Katie’s pussy stunk!

by Anonymousreply 126September 30, 2021 1:02 PM

Thank you for your input, Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 127September 30, 2021 1:03 PM

Wasn’t she em-“bed”-ded with Schwarzkopf?

by Anonymousreply 128September 30, 2021 1:31 PM

Apparently Katie has no more shits to give.

by Anonymousreply 129September 30, 2021 1:34 PM

“Going There” is a stupid title.

It reminds me in the 90s of a catchphrase black women and gay men used “Don’t go there.”

If she wanted an appropriate title, she should have called it “Couric!”

by Anonymousreply 130September 30, 2021 1:39 PM

[quote] Couric left Joan Rivers so angry after asking if she had plastic surgery on her short-lived talk show 'Katie' that they never spoke again...Backstage, Rivers said of Couric: 'Who does she think she is? She's on her knees blowing 14-year-olds', referring to Brooks Perlin, her much-younger boyfriend....Love that Joan.

Yeah, sitting there looking like an alien, she's insulted by the question. Rivers was a true cunt.

by Anonymousreply 131September 30, 2021 1:42 PM

R128 There’s no way her frosty cooch could attract his heat seeking missile

by Anonymousreply 132September 30, 2021 1:46 PM

[quote]Imagine being a teenage girl and having Katie Couric as your mother. I'm sure she competed ruthlessly with them with about everything and flirted with their boyfriends.

I can totally see this. It reminds me of what Carly Simon's daughter said. She brought a boyfriend to the house and Carly got uncomfortably flirty with him. She asked, "What does your mother do?" When he responded with an occupation, Carly stopped him and said, "No, what does she DO?" implying something sexual.

by Anonymousreply 133September 30, 2021 2:48 PM

Of all of the female celeb-journalists back then (circa ‘80s-‘90s), Katie came across as the most fake nice and cunty in a bad way. I liked Connie Chung the most because she was so WTF sometimes in her reporting and talk show appearances that she came across as the most real. Also, she’s known as being nice to even lowly staff, opposite of Queen Bee Katie. Diane Sawyer I’ll forever love for her Whitney Houston interview. Must have been a hoot for Diane to he married to closeted gay director, Mike Nicholls, she always had a lesbian vibe.

Katie on the Today Show always gave off a newly popular girl who’s desperate to stay popular. Her nondescript looks (cute on a good day), gummy smile, and faked likability made her relatable to fraus who saw her as validation of average girl making it big.

by Anonymousreply 134September 30, 2021 2:52 PM

Back in the days when morning shows and the nightly news mattered. Today they're becoming increasingly irrelevant as only old people are the audience.

by Anonymousreply 135September 30, 2021 3:13 PM

Meredith Vieira all day every day over Cankles Couric

by Anonymousreply 136September 30, 2021 3:17 PM

Katie is the only woman with muscles that I've ever found myself attracted to.

by Anonymousreply 137September 30, 2021 3:33 PM

LOL r61 did you intentionally refer to Ann Coulter as “he”? Because that’s totally appropriate! That’s a man, baby.

by Anonymousreply 138September 30, 2021 3:48 PM

Women who project "cute and perky", with a big smile all the time are never to be trusted. They are the biggest backstabbers and cunts....so not surprising here. Extremely fake.

by Anonymousreply 139September 30, 2021 3:53 PM

No r138, just a simply typo, I don't play that game. Calling a woman a male or calling a male "Miss" is beneath me.

by Anonymousreply 140September 30, 2021 3:57 PM

I have a hard time building up any emotions either way regarding teevee presenters. (Let’s admit that’s what most us tv news personalities are - she’s not a journalist).

She took this ones job? She asks rude questions? Who cares?

The funniest part about this is that dead ok’d hypocrite Joan Rivers being sensitive to blunt comments about her appearance. People who regularly throw hand grenades at other people’s houses shouldn’t live in a glass house themselves!

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2021 3:58 PM

^^ dead old

by Anonymousreply 142September 30, 2021 3:59 PM

Rivers lacked a sensitivity chip. And she’d go ballistic with folks who attacked her appearance and that of Melissa’s.

But she was funny AF.

by Anonymousreply 143September 30, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote]teevee presenters

This is why I like the UK. They call them presenters. They’re nothing more than that.

by Anonymousreply 144September 30, 2021 4:12 PM

Remember when Jane Fonda took offense at Megyn Kelly asking about her plastic surgery when Jane had spoken openly about it in previous interviews?

by Anonymousreply 145September 30, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote] No [R138], just a simply typo, I don't play that game. Calling a woman a male or calling a male "Miss" is beneath me.

Oh my God, well, smell [italic]you,[/italic] Princess Grace!

by Anonymousreply 146September 30, 2021 4:18 PM

Ex-TODAY Show host Katie Couric says Prince Harry ‘stank of booze’ and lets rip at former colleagues in tell-all book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 30, 2021 4:24 PM

r145, bringing up plastic surgery as like blaming a woman's bad mood on her period, she's allowed to do it but you cannot.

by Anonymousreply 148September 30, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]The book has sparked outrage among people who have read it, one claiming it 'should be called Burning Bridges by Catty Couric'

Why would she care which bridges she burns. She's 64 and has plenty of money.

Whatever work she does in the future will only be because she's Katie Couric, not because of her connections.

She's like an old time brand that few people remember for its heyday, but all remember for its epic fall - like Halston.

by Anonymousreply 149September 30, 2021 4:40 PM

Her remarks don't seem that bad.

Frankly, I was hoping for something more cunty.

by Anonymousreply 150September 30, 2021 4:46 PM

Nothing about Matt?

by Anonymousreply 151September 30, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote] writes that she regrets moving Perlin into her home without asking daughters so they had to deal with a 30-something guy walking around shirtless. The relationship led to 'distance' between her parents and her children which Couric also regrets

She did that because she out herself first. It's cheap and easy to be self critical after you did what you wanted to get what you wanted. She was a grown ass woman when she did that. A selfish grown ass woman and mother.

Please do,not mention Couric and Connie Chung in the same breath. Chung was. none of these things.

And Lesley Stahl, as one would expect, had her number.

by Anonymousreply 152September 30, 2021 5:10 PM

All these faux perky dames are trash bags at heart. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t need to project a false persona. So I’m not surprised she did the trailer park “moving in the young boyfriend” thing.

I’m sure her old school, southern parents flipped out. Katie then proceeded to do the trashiest thing possible— refuse to have anything to do with her parents, thus cutting off her kids from their grandparents at a time they were grieving their father’s death and presumably could use the love and support of extended family.

Couric is trash.

by Anonymousreply 153September 30, 2021 5:45 PM

[quote]Women who project "cute and perky", with a big smile all the time are never to be trusted.

That's why I like them.

R145, that's because she didn't ask Robert Redford - sitting right next to her - why he had plastic surgery and wears a Rip Taylor wig.

by Anonymousreply 154September 30, 2021 5:57 PM

What were the details of her epic fall? It was a while ago and I never really followed her in detail, so I can't recall.

by Anonymousreply 155September 30, 2021 6:27 PM

People just realized that she was mediocre, that’s all. Television critics and the public.

by Anonymousreply 156September 30, 2021 6:30 PM

The "ma'am" nastiness is notable as well because Katie has Southern roots. She knew the poor girl was trying to be respectful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 30, 2021 7:07 PM

And speak of the devil, Tina Brown is det to release "The Palace Papers", a bio of the Windsors and how they survived and kept reinventing themselves through one crisis after another, including the Sussex and Andy shows.

Her The Diana Chronicles was a best seller. As I said, she went for everyone's jugular. Expect more of the same, ditto with Tom Bower's bip of Meghan coming out in 2022. Both will outsell Omid Scobie's fawning hagiography 100 times over.

This is the way you make money in this particular game, where nice guys and gells absolutely finish last.

R116

by Anonymousreply 158September 30, 2021 7:32 PM

I love the title, "Going there". She anticipated people reading the book and saying, "I can't believe Katie went there!"

by Anonymousreply 159September 30, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote] "It was probably "complinsult," which would actually make sense, but the tabloid dumdums got it wrong."

More than likely, R72. But it's still redundant, and ot sounds idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 160September 30, 2021 7:47 PM

What about Matt? Nothing?

by Anonymousreply 161September 30, 2021 7:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 30, 2021 7:55 PM

The woman has ice water in her veins but I remember her being calm and professional the morning of 9-11 while blowhard Tom Brokaw couldn’t stop talking about the BIG HISTORIC MOMENT.

by Anonymousreply 163September 30, 2021 8:00 PM

Did Matt do the anal with Katie?

by Anonymousreply 164September 30, 2021 8:07 PM

I just think she has no idea how narcissistic she is - that's a hallmark of that trait anyway. They are just clueless to what they are and what they do. She can turn whatever she does into a virtue.

by Anonymousreply 165September 30, 2021 8:08 PM

So Katie Couric sympathizes with Matt Lauer.

The company you keep....

by Anonymousreply 166September 30, 2021 8:09 PM

BEST SEX OF MY LIFE!

KATIE COURIC Reveals Secret Love Affair with GARRICK UTLEY and "His Magic Tongue"

by Anonymousreply 167September 30, 2021 8:18 PM

So who's going to the book signing?

by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2021 8:24 PM

]quote]Did Matt do the anal with Katie?

Katie did the anal with the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2021 8:25 PM

We've seen the insides of her colon; now, we're seeing the insides of her cunt.

by Anonymousreply 170September 30, 2021 8:26 PM

Who among us does NOT think she and Matt were banging?

by Anonymousreply 171September 30, 2021 8:49 PM

[quote] The woman has ice water in her veins but I remember her being calm and professional the morning of 9-11 while blowhard Tom Brokaw couldn’t stop talking about the BIG HISTORIC MOMENT.

In fairness, it was a BIG HISTORIC MOMENT. It was a "shock and awe" moment.

by Anonymousreply 172September 30, 2021 8:52 PM

The question is, when and if Matt Lauer will ever write a memoir.

by Anonymousreply 173September 30, 2021 9:15 PM

Years ago, someone who worked at NBC told me Tom Brokaw was the worst on the network for harassing women. And he was quite successful with dozens of them. Always wondered if that was true and, if so, if he'd be outed during all of Mattgate. I guess he's gotten away with it all.

by Anonymousreply 174September 30, 2021 9:18 PM

Couric aspired to Smith, but they recognized her for the trash she is.

by Anonymousreply 175September 30, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] What were the details of her epic fall?

Her rise to evening news anchor came on the demands that the large networks didn’t have a female news anchor.

It was quickly discovered that Katie had zero gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 176September 30, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote] Couric aspired to Smith, but they recognized her for the trash she is.

She tried to fuck Shepherd Smith? Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 177September 30, 2021 9:40 PM

I didn't particularly like or dislike her. I did think it was kind of weird when she opened the nightly network news with the phrase, "Hi, everyone."

by Anonymousreply 178September 30, 2021 9:51 PM

This is turning into one huge Cuntnado!

by Anonymousreply 179September 30, 2021 9:59 PM

Meredith Vierra would have been an excellent evening news anchor.

Why didn’t Sawyer get that gig? Maybe she was too smart to want it.

by Anonymousreply 180September 30, 2021 10:15 PM

Any scoop on Gumbel?

by Anonymousreply 181September 30, 2021 10:20 PM

If I ever actually read a book, it won’t be Katie Couric’s.

by Anonymousreply 182September 30, 2021 10:24 PM

Didn’t “Today” pay better than evening news? She was a fool to leave “Today,” but I guess she feared getting forced out a la Jane Pauley.

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2021 10:24 PM

If she writes a book like this, imagine being inside her head all those years. She would never have known a moment's peace.

by Anonymousreply 184September 30, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote] I have yet to deal with any woman named Katie...who wasn’t a scheming, underhanded bitch.

R27 - uhhhmmmm hmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Melissa donated the settlement money? Where is the link?

I know that Dana Carvey donated his settlement when they operated on the wrong side of his ❤.

by Anonymousreply 186September 30, 2021 10:53 PM

R185 - get back on the treadmill. You have bigger things to worry about - like your enormous ass and overdue podcasts.

by Anonymousreply 187September 30, 2021 11:44 PM

She was protected from on high by the Prince of Darkness or somebody remarkably similar. I forget who was running the network but he was convinced Couric was going to be the greatest thing since live broadcasting.

I didn't like her chipmunk chipper routine in the morning. The Sue Anne Nivens aspect to it is appealing but that cheerfulness - ugh. The only story I ever remembered about her was her bathroom paranoia. Apparently she was a big lighter of matches in the network restroom after she'd done her business. Like match after match after match, a lot of matches. She was a bit freaky about it. I question her toilet training.

by Anonymousreply 188September 30, 2021 11:48 PM

She was better than Norah O'Donnell is now. Norah is cold and smug. At least Couric seemed friendly.

by Anonymousreply 189September 30, 2021 11:54 PM

She demolished Sarah Palin forever with one fair and square question. "What do you read?" Love her for that.

by Anonymousreply 190September 30, 2021 11:58 PM

We will likely get some Gumbel tidbits tomorrow, and they better be good. I hate that asshole.

by Anonymousreply 191October 1, 2021 12:03 AM

I’m the 1990s Katie Couric and Meg Ryan were America’s sweethearts.

by Anonymousreply 192October 1, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote] I’m the 1990s Katie Couric and Meg Ryan were America’s sweethearts.

Pffffffffffffft.

by Anonymousreply 193October 1, 2021 12:20 AM

Katie has been working on this book since 2019 and received a $12 million advance.

by Anonymousreply 194October 1, 2021 12:30 AM

Will Katie go on a TV/media tour when the book come out later in October and answer the tough questions about her former colleagues discussed in her book?

by Anonymousreply 195October 1, 2021 12:57 AM

Couric must now have other thoughts about Matt Lauer and his behavior toward woman besides just saying she loved him and felt badly about abandoning him at the time. There has been enough time passed that she can finally comment on his horrible behavior toward others especially women in the office.

by Anonymousreply 196October 1, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote]There has been enough time passed that she can finally comment on his horrible behavior toward others especially women in the office.

Not if she doesn't want him to drop a dime on them fucking.

by Anonymousreply 197October 1, 2021 1:03 AM

I must defend Katie on at least one point:

I don't blame her for not mentoring fellow newswoman Ashleigh Banfield. Life is tough and competitive enough for someone in Katie's position at the network. Yes, the overriding thought in your head if you're mentoring someone as talented as Banfield is that she will end up with your job. It's not worth the chance. Be nice, be helpful especially toward subordinates and interns. However, I don't feel she had an obligation to mentor or train someone like Banfield.

I was a department of one in my company. I did my best to be helpful toward others and excel at my job always putting my role and the company first; however, I was not going to mentor someone I saw as a threat. It's too risky with my livelihood and stature at the company at stake. Sorry, but a potential replacement will go and have to find experience somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 198October 1, 2021 1:08 AM

Katie called mentoring Ashleigh Banfield as self-sabotage.

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 199October 1, 2021 1:10 AM

The knives seem to be out for Katie on this thread but the truth is, she is well liked by her colleagues. At least, she is by the one who don't have something to gain by tearing her down.

And her run as the anchor at CBS Evening News was great, I thought. Is Scott Pelley better? No. He is just a man, so he is easier to accept in the role. But guess what? Scott Pelley is also an alcoholic with atrocious breath. So let's not go judging a book by its cover.

Team Katie here. Bring me all of the gossip, Katie.

by Anonymousreply 200October 1, 2021 1:16 AM

I'm team Katie here. You don't mentor bitches who will slice your throat to get what you got. And I feel sorry for Matt Lauer too. He should have never been fired. He did nothing wrong, except fuck around on his wife. That had nothing to do with work.

by Anonymousreply 201October 1, 2021 1:16 AM

He harassed and even assaulted women. It was not consensual.

by Anonymousreply 202October 1, 2021 1:22 AM

Good for her. Nothing more tedious than the world of PR and NDAs. Fuck that noise. Tell us who's a cunt, who's an asshole, and don't pretend everyone was a fucking dream to work with. Especially if you're a cunt and an asshole too. That just makes it all the better.

by Anonymousreply 203October 1, 2021 1:27 AM

He raped a woman's butt, r201.

by Anonymousreply 204October 1, 2021 1:33 AM

R94 At least she has lips. I’m a bit jealous.

by Anonymousreply 205October 1, 2021 1:37 AM

I'm also jealous that she has lips.

by Anonymousreply 206October 1, 2021 1:39 AM

I thought Katie was perfect for the Today show.

She has an ease in conversation that suited that format.

She never should have taken the nightly news. People don't think of her as serious enough.

by Anonymousreply 207October 1, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote]He raped a woman's butt, [R201].

A woman who came to his hotel room and who kept pursuing him even after said butt fucking.

by Anonymousreply 208October 1, 2021 1:42 AM

I'm also Team Katie and always enjoyed her on the Today Show (never followed her to CBS, however, as I was into CNN and MSNBC by then).

It sounds like she's being brutally honest in her book about her flaws and weaknesses. Is that bad?

by Anonymousreply 209October 1, 2021 3:23 AM

It's about as welcome as her on-air colonoscopy, r209.

by Anonymousreply 210October 1, 2021 3:25 AM

Butt rape was not on the menu according to the at-work fuck buddy, r208.

by Anonymousreply 211October 1, 2021 3:37 AM

This thread sure blew up. Has anyone posted her dirty dancing pix?

Katie strikes me as one of those gals who was always told she was "cute" and hated it. So at some point she started trying to be SEXAY.

I liked Jane whatserface and even Deborah Norville better, they seem more naturally warm. Norville was unfairly vilified.

I'm curious to read the book, but will get it from the library.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 1, 2021 4:05 AM

R212 That picture is disturbing for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 213October 1, 2021 5:25 AM

[quote]She never should have taken the nightly news. People don't think of her as serious enough.

All these revelations show why.

by Anonymousreply 214October 1, 2021 5:27 AM

The "drunk chicks at the bachelorette party" dance

by Anonymousreply 215October 1, 2021 5:38 AM

r213 You mean you've never seen Walter Cronkite boogie down like that?

by Anonymousreply 216October 1, 2021 6:13 AM

I wonder if Bryant Gumbel still has the breast pump she gave him.

by Anonymousreply 217October 1, 2021 6:14 AM

I stopped watching Today once Ann Curry was let go. I used to like Matt Lauer, but I got sick of him, and he was a smug bastard to Ann, who I thought was great.

Lauer treated her Curry shit, and come to find out--he was an entitled sexual abuser piece of shit. He deserved to be fired and humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 218October 1, 2021 6:24 AM

[quote] he was an entitled sexual abuser piece of shit

It's not like he tried to hide it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 1, 2021 6:33 AM

r197 just like Aniston's character on 'The Morning Show'

by Anonymousreply 220October 1, 2021 6:41 AM

Any mention of her latest husbands reaction to this book?

by Anonymousreply 221October 1, 2021 7:01 AM

No comments nor mention of current husband in todays news. Maybe he isn't around any longer!

by Anonymousreply 222October 1, 2021 7:27 AM

The Epstein story tracks with Katie trying to throw everyone else under the bus. If Chelsea Handler hasn't commented yet, she'll comment soon and obliterate her.

And yes, Lauer definitely has dirt on her for her to not be throwing *him* under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 223October 1, 2021 7:40 AM

Has Susan Dey commented?

by Anonymousreply 224October 1, 2021 8:04 AM

According to this article, Matt's been concerned about this book since 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 1, 2021 10:20 AM

[quote] Nothing in my life was as devastating as the loss of my husband to colon cancer. While I was heralded as a heroine and simultaneously accused of oversharing for showing my colonoscopy photos on television, I had no problem doing it because I knew it could save lives. But if I am being totally honest, I had another motivation: I had heard the rumors, as had everyone inside the walls at NBC News, that Matt had anally raped some of my colleagues, and secretly, I was hoping that showing grotesque photos of my interior cavities might protect me from Matt's unwanted probing. I should have spoken up sooner, and I will carry this regret to my grave.

I can't believe she wrote that.

by Anonymousreply 226October 1, 2021 10:28 AM

[quote] and secretly, I was hoping that showing grotesque photos of my interior cavities might protect me from Matt's unwanted probing. I should have spoken up sooner, and I will carry this regret to my grave.

LOL! is this intentional self-satire?

[quote] I can't believe she wrote that.

I can't either, r226, but, for the pure, John Waters-esque of it, I'm glad she did.

by Anonymousreply 227October 1, 2021 11:53 AM

It's a good thing Matt didn't try that anal rape business with me.

by Anonymousreply 228October 1, 2021 12:13 PM

R227 It's satire, not self-satire.

Sorry, Della, I thought it would be obvious that's not actually from her book.

by Anonymousreply 229October 1, 2021 12:25 PM

Well, if Katie is saying nice things about Matt, it shows she's at least somewhat loyal, which is a good quality.

As far as Ashleigh Banfield, I remember when she first came on the scene around 9/11. The ambition did radiate off her. Yeah, I wouldn't "mentor" either.

by Anonymousreply 230October 1, 2021 12:26 PM

[quote] It's satire, not self-satire.

Sorry, Della, I thought it would be obvious that's not actually from her book.

Oh.

Smoooches, Doll at r229. It's all good. Way to start my day with a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 231October 1, 2021 12:29 PM

The Mail has more today. I think she's demeaned herself. It may be true (and entertaining) but her nastiness and pettiness reflect poorly on her. She was carrying on like an actress, not a journalist. I always found her cloying, now I just see a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 232October 1, 2021 1:29 PM

I think a lot of people in news media, and politics for that matter, really want to be actors.

by Anonymousreply 233October 1, 2021 1:39 PM

Yes, broadcast journalism is movies and stardom for ugly people. Or is that politics? Anyway, I'm sure there's more than one crossover (Gopher goes to Congress notwithstanding, I mean nobodies who started out and stayed that way. Like weathermen in the UP and such.)

by Anonymousreply 234October 1, 2021 1:41 PM

Brian Williams wanted to be a stand-up comic and was desperate to be a featured player on SNL. When he was finally allowed to host the show, he called it a lifetime highlight.

His desire to be seen as hilarious is obvious if you watch him do his thing on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 235October 1, 2021 1:49 PM

She’s always seemed like a nice person who is good at her job. I don’t get why she gets so much hate online. I remember twitter erupting with anger because she said she had a bad interview with Denzel Washington one time and he was an ass to her.

by Anonymousreply 236October 1, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote] Brian Williams wanted to be a stand-up comic

He was also a famous rapper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 1, 2021 2:27 PM

I won't be reading this but what did she say about Matt Lauer?

by Anonymousreply 238October 1, 2021 2:35 PM

R236, she is not a nice person... in her own words.

Give me all your pin numbers, now.

by Anonymousreply 239October 1, 2021 2:39 PM

R200, she is NOT well liked by her colleagues. Never has been.

My partner worked with her. Friends of ours also worked with her. They all had zero respect for her and she was a massive cunt.

She was so dumb and uninformed. It was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 240October 1, 2021 3:45 PM

R234 Lots of on-air journalists are very attractive. Many people watch the news to get turned on by news readers. There are too many D threads dedicated to CNN hosts, MSNBC hosts, David Muir, et al.

I think the ones who gravitate to TV news probably fancy themselves more intellectual than creative, and they probably are mostly type A (or even type AAA), capitalist, eager to climb a corporate latter and need a stable, standard type of employment that journalism can afford, as compared with acting, which is a long shot to say the least.

We've seen at least a couple of TV meteorologists turn to gay porn after learning that being on local TV doesn't translate to fame and fortune, and so they went right to the essence of why they wanted to be on TV: narcissism. They need attention and devotees.

by Anonymousreply 241October 1, 2021 4:19 PM

R200, you know this how?

[quote] Scott Pelley is also an alcoholic with atrocious breath…..

by Anonymousreply 242October 1, 2021 4:35 PM

The newsreaders in the US are pretty decent looking. If you ever travel and look at other countries' news readers...my gawd, quite ugly and very low budget broadcasts. esp the weather graphics. pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 243October 1, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote] Yes, broadcast journalism is movies and stardom for ugly people. Or is that politics?

No, you have to be good-looking for broadcast journalism. The saying is: "Politics is show business for ugly people."

Radio is supposedly for ugly people ("he has a face for radio").

by Anonymousreply 244October 1, 2021 4:58 PM

She took down Sarah Palin by asking her what newspapers she reads. Katie did the country a great service by assuming the potential vice president is not illiterate and proving her assumption to have been wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 1, 2021 5:02 PM

Someone should have told Sam Donaldson r244.

No one can take Couric seriously as a journalist. She should have gotten someone else to put their name on the book.

by Anonymousreply 246October 1, 2021 5:03 PM

From amazon.com's description . . .

"If you thought you knew Katie Couric, think again. Going There is the fast-paced, emotional, riveting story of a thoroughly modern woman, whose journey took her from humble origins to superstardom. In this book, you will find a friend, a confidante, a role model, a survivor whose lessons about life will enrich your own."

by Anonymousreply 247October 1, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote]I think she's demeaned herself. It may be true (and entertaining) but her nastiness and pettiness reflect poorly on her.

She didn't demean herself here Dear, This is Datalounge and this shit is golden. We are awarding her a Lifetime Achievement.

by Anonymousreply 248October 1, 2021 5:07 PM

Bill O'Reilly also skewered Palin about not being qualified to possibly be POTUS. She said "I'm not running for president," blah blah blah and he wasn't taking that for an answer. Sorry, I can't find the specific interview. BO has interviewed her a couple of times and I don't want to post the wrong IV.

by Anonymousreply 249October 1, 2021 5:10 PM

Seriously, the VP does fuck all. mostly just cutting ribbons at openings and attending funerals.

by Anonymousreply 250October 1, 2021 5:12 PM

R250 = Kamala Harris

by Anonymousreply 251October 1, 2021 5:16 PM

Katie is a specific type of woman, and we’ve all known her.

An elfin, sexless mega bitch who resents the pretty girls’ getting laid.

Because she is motivated mostly by all consuming envy, her ambition doesn’t give rise to hard work. (Hence all these people describing her as lazy.)

She figured out early on her success depends on her being non- threatening. But she’s willing to blurt out immature comments like any (mentally) twelve-year-old, so that raised her profile over the years.

She’s less than mediocre, thoroughly unprofessional, and completely nasty to boot.

by Anonymousreply 252October 1, 2021 5:25 PM

For some reason, Katie reminds me of Marvel Ann in the Rosalind Russell nun movie…

by Anonymousreply 253October 1, 2021 5:27 PM

Katie is from Arlington, VA, and she is a very NOVA-native personality type.

by Anonymousreply 254October 1, 2021 6:26 PM

Brooks Perlin is a fine piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 255October 1, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] This is Datalounge and this shit is golden. We are awarding her a Lifetime Achievement.

Yet more proof why this special Bedlam should never be confused with the real world.

by Anonymousreply 256October 1, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote]Seriously, the VP does fuck all. mostly just cutting ribbons at openings and attending funerals.

John McCain was an old man who had been through some serious health problems. If he had been elected, there was a very real chance that he would die in office and Sarah Dumb Cunt Palin would be President. It was a truly horrifying scenario, thank god it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 257October 1, 2021 6:30 PM

Even if he'd won the two Obama terms, he didn't die until 2018 and his final cancer wasn't identified until six months after the second term would have ended. On that basis, Palin wouldn't have darkened the door. Unless you want to pretend otherwise. In which instance we can pretend she was such a lunatic failure he nominated somebody else to be VP for a second term.

by Anonymousreply 258October 1, 2021 6:34 PM

R187 - we (the ROYAL "we") don't do podcasts and our whole person, including the backside, is nothing short of imperially slim. Our sister-in-law, on the other hand...WE don't lower ourselves to gossip, DL peasant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 1, 2021 6:39 PM

It's always a possibility that a POTUS can drop dead while in office. The VP position is important for that reason. Dan Quayle would have been interesting. George W. Bush was dumb enough.

by Anonymousreply 260October 1, 2021 6:52 PM

r258 all I said is that it was a real possibility and many people were genuinely frightened at the time. None of us could predict the future.

by Anonymousreply 261October 1, 2021 6:54 PM

"Why would she care which bridges she burns. She's 64 and has plenty of money. "

True. Though I cringe at people who dish shit when there's nothing at stake. It's still good gossip, but the they're lame doing it from that position. Apparently Will Smith is starting to speak out more, including his new GQ interview, because he doesn't give a fuck. Bravo, you have hundreds of millions of dollars and NOW "don't give a fuck." Stunning, brave.

I get it, you don't want to fuck up securing the bag, so you don't talk shit until you have. But it's lamer than going off in real time. Too scripted and calculated.

by Anonymousreply 262October 1, 2021 7:05 PM

R252, that is a good assessment. They also feel the need to latch on to a specific type of male - must be good looking - to prove they can sexually attract someone "worthy".

by Anonymousreply 263October 1, 2021 7:07 PM

I am the last person to want Palin anywhere near the WH. But I was uncomfortable with the way Couric did that. It was nasty and mean-girl and was essentially dumbed down misogyny. People were so caught up in making Palin look stupid - with plenty of help from Palin granted - that the manner it was done sailed over their heads. I think a Lesley Stahl or a Judy Woodruff would have been just as effective in exposing her severe weaknesses in a more mature and less petty way.

by Anonymousreply 264October 1, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote] Though I cringe at people who dish shit when there's nothing at stake. It's still good gossip, but the they're lame doing it from that position. Apparently Will Smith is starting to speak out more, including his new GQ interview, because he doesn't give a fuck. Bravo, you have hundreds of millions of dollars and NOW "don't give a fuck." Stunning, brave. I get it, you don't want to fuck up securing the bag, so you don't talk shit until you have.

IMO, this is the best time to spill it, when you're beholden to no one.

by Anonymousreply 265October 1, 2021 7:16 PM

R242, because my husband is a producer at CBS News.

by Anonymousreply 266October 1, 2021 7:33 PM

Asking Palin what newspaper she reads was hardly a mean girl moment. The beauty of that is that it was something everyone understood. That Palin couldn't come up with an answer said more than any answer she might have given.

by Anonymousreply 267October 1, 2021 7:35 PM

She chewed through two EPs on her failed talk show.

by Anonymousreply 268October 1, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote] Love that Joan

Sorry, ain't a fan!

by Anonymousreply 269October 1, 2021 8:19 PM

Good for Katie! She has no fucks to give.

by Anonymousreply 270October 1, 2021 8:21 PM

What a cunt Katie is, friends with Matt Lauer even after his professional and personal animosity towards the well-respected Ann Curry. Katie comes off as hating any female colleague who’s younger, prettier, or more talented than herself.

by Anonymousreply 271October 1, 2021 8:59 PM

What r267 said.

That Palin couldn’t think on her feet to answer, say, “ I start with the Wasilla Times (or whatever her town is) then move on to national newspapers” revealed exactly what we needed to know about Palin.

by Anonymousreply 272October 1, 2021 9:39 PM

Ashleigh Classy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 1, 2021 9:42 PM

I wonder how many of these women were badmouthing each other under their breaths?

And Katie supposedly "organized" this whole piece. More frozen smiles than at an Winter Festival in Norway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 1, 2021 10:05 PM

[quote] That picture is disturbing for some reason.

She's either pooping or trying to grind against that girl in the background (and missed and is about to fall on her ass).

by Anonymousreply 275October 1, 2021 10:25 PM

Katie, you vile little BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 276October 1, 2021 11:19 PM

I never understand the Ann Curry defenders. She was HORRIBLE as a host on the Today show.

by Anonymousreply 277October 1, 2021 11:45 PM

R276. You beat me to it… “Eve,Eve,Eve.”

by Anonymousreply 278October 1, 2021 11:51 PM

I don't get the problem with Ann Curry. She could be maybe a little earnest at times, but in no way as annoying as Katie Couric.

Katie had me seething at times she was so fucking fake-ass chipper bitch, I eventually stopped watching that show.

by Anonymousreply 279October 1, 2021 11:57 PM

Katie annoyed the living shit out of me when she would blurt out some totally immature, unprofessional comment then giggle and flash her gummy Jack o lantern grimace.

It was very “I’m too cute to be scolded, tee hee” but she was NOT CUTE and she was about 35 years too old to be doing that schtick.

She’s an embarrassment to professional women.

by Anonymousreply 280October 2, 2021 12:08 AM

Couric was the worst.

Of course there is a twelve-way tie for first.

But what I really want to know is what exactly it is about R280's shit that is living.

by Anonymousreply 281October 2, 2021 12:32 AM

I smile for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282October 2, 2021 12:34 AM

Katie definitely used her husband's death to her advantage, much like the widows of Nick Cordero and Kobe Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 283October 2, 2021 12:39 AM

I like her. Ordered the book. We’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 284October 2, 2021 12:44 AM

God her *boy toy* beau is a plain dude Those tall plain ones often have big dicks. She is a E.H. neighbor

by Anonymousreply 285October 2, 2021 12:57 AM

R277 Ann Curry was/ is a real journalist, unlike Couric, who was more of a presenter in the true sense of the title. Couric hated Curry because Curry had more awards and journalistic gravitas than she did. Curry scored extra points fir earning the ire of Lauer IMO, whike Couric was willing to go along with the shitty style of “journalism” that her friend Lauer demonstrated. Don’t forget Lauer’s interviews of Trump and Clinton which had him grill Clinton over asinine shit while letting dumbfuck Trump skate by with lies.

by Anonymousreply 286October 2, 2021 1:53 AM

I can't think of Matt without thinking of consensual anal sex at the Olympics.

Honestly, once you're a dad maybe don't fuck around on the wife.

And don't stick your pen in the company butt either.

by Anonymousreply 287October 2, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote] The newsreaders in the US are pretty decent looking. If you ever travel and look at other countries' news readers...my gawd, quite ugly and very low budget broadcasts. esp the weather graphics. pitiful.

Yes indeed, God bless America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288October 2, 2021 2:04 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289October 2, 2021 2:21 AM

She was really messy up there. With candy wrappers.

by Anonymousreply 290October 2, 2021 3:14 AM

Mean girl? What on earth in Katie’s background would suggest that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 2, 2021 3:48 AM

I have alwys wondered about Katie Couric's gravitas as a real news reporter. Frankly, I have always had a job that took up the time in the morning and I was not watching TV. Getting 3 kids off to school and myself to my job was plenty to occupy the time. As I grew older, i was not impressed by the waste of time that AM TV news had become. Since retiring I don't watch TV at all during the day, but may turn it on around 9 pm. A autobiography by a two bit talent whose claim to claim is being a has been news reader is of no interest.

by Anonymousreply 292October 2, 2021 4:56 AM

Claim to fame

by Anonymousreply 293October 2, 2021 4:57 AM

I’d eat Matt lauer’s ass and he can sodomize me anytime!

by Anonymousreply 294October 2, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote]Ex-TODAY Show host Katie Couric says Prince Harry ‘stank of booze’

And, Ex-TODAY Show host Katie Couric stank like old people excrement.

by Anonymousreply 295October 2, 2021 5:17 AM

Katie, making Nancy Reagan's death all about HER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 2, 2021 6:49 AM

A major thumbs down from the NYP . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297October 2, 2021 7:03 AM

I think Katie met Harry at a polo match. I got the impression it wasn’t a “work” meeting, but I could be wrong. But that might explain why he had been drinking and smoking— he wasn’t on the clock at the time..

by Anonymousreply 298October 2, 2021 8:37 AM

America's Sweetheart has Turned Bitter!

That should have been the title of her book.

by Anonymousreply 299October 2, 2021 11:44 AM

What r298 said. So, Harry stank of booze, cigs and polo. Really? This is hot scoop? He was young, single, and partying.

It would be news if he didn't smell that way.

Sure, when they met, uppermost in his hungover head, was, "I stink. Hope I'm not offending the Old Lady."

Please., Harry probably had no idea who she was and didn't care, just as any other young man wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 300October 2, 2021 12:21 PM

Wow…she really is a disgusting woman. Let her hang herself with her memoirs. People will get to see what a useless cunt she is…

by Anonymousreply 301October 2, 2021 2:28 PM

And while I'm loathe to credit the NY Post that piece alluded to above does not hold back.

by Anonymousreply 302October 2, 2021 2:30 PM

I've seen Ashleigh Banfield in real life wayyy back then, years and years ago, when she was on MSNBC. She had a huge fucking ass. fat!

by Anonymousreply 303October 2, 2021 2:43 PM

Doesn’t she know Harry is married to a BLACK WOMAN!!??

by Anonymousreply 304October 2, 2021 3:33 PM

Ashleigh Banfield was reporting from the streets near the WTC on 9/11. I can't find a clip but as I recall it when the towers collapsed she and her cameraman took shelter in some glassfront store and she was watching from near the entrance. Some store employee forced her to take shelter further back with him. She did and just moments later you see the storm of debris rolling down the street shattering the display windows into hundreds of pieces. She would have been shredded. She was repeating over and over again thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 2, 2021 3:59 PM

R301 = Diane Sawyer

by Anonymousreply 306October 2, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]If he had been elected, there was a very real chance that he would die in office and Sarah Dumb Cunt Palin would be President. It was a truly horrifying scenario, thank god it didn't happen.

It did happen. The dumb cunt's name was Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 307October 2, 2021 4:37 PM

Un R297 When the New York Post calls someone a misogynistic idiot, the person probably is not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 2, 2021 5:04 PM

Katie was no journalist. All the questions were always written for her. She had to ask the CBS staff what the Fed was and other idiotic questions any evening news anchor should know.

The Palin interview? The questions were written for her, and when she accidentally struck gold with the question about what Palin reads, she didn’t even realize it.

The $12 million advance doesn’t sound right but we are working on getting at the truth.

by Anonymousreply 309October 2, 2021 6:10 PM

Maureen Callahan is such a bitter cynic, I love her.

by Anonymousreply 310October 2, 2021 6:20 PM

She’s being told off in no uncertain terms all over town.

by Anonymousreply 311October 2, 2021 6:41 PM

Katie can't be happy with the reaction this book is getting.

by Anonymousreply 312October 2, 2021 6:53 PM

Why does social media ever lynchmob straight men this way? It’s always women or gay men.

by Anonymousreply 313October 2, 2021 6:55 PM

R312 It's getting her attention. That's enough for a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 314October 2, 2021 6:56 PM

No one would buy a book called "STILL NICE! By Katie!"

by Anonymousreply 315October 2, 2021 6:57 PM

That picture in OP of her with a snotty look on her face cracks me up

by Anonymousreply 316October 2, 2021 7:01 PM

Going to be interesting to see which outlets have her on to promote this. I already know of one major show that has passed.

by Anonymousreply 317October 2, 2021 7:18 PM

I wonder how Katie got along with Soledad O'Brien, who also seems extremely bitchy, at least on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 318October 2, 2021 7:23 PM

Soledad is a marginally better name than Brendad.

by Anonymousreply 319October 2, 2021 7:28 PM

The NY Post is just quoting her directly from the book.

Read this piece of shit behavior. She really is vile.

[quote] In these same pages, Couric recounts her routine at Lauer’s Friars Roast, all the way back in 2008, running down a Letterman-esque Top 10 list. “Number ten,” Couric said. “According to his wife, he’s not really an early riser, if you know what I mean. Number two: He loves to eat curry.” This was a reference to “Today” show co-host Ann Curry, who Couric belittles and who Lauer reportedly bullied off the show. Curry was in the audience, and Couric recalls how stricken she looked by that line. . . Then, Couric writes, Lauer took the podium and said, “It’s fun to look over and see Ann Curry laughing — like she doesn’t know how big my dick is.”

[quote] Couric’s not sorry about that. If anything, she feels jealous when she later hears that a young female staffer, who had been sexually harassed by Lauer, tearfully confided in Curry —  who immediately reported that complaint.

by Anonymousreply 320October 2, 2021 7:30 PM

R317, "Inside Edition"?

by Anonymousreply 321October 2, 2021 8:52 PM

That was Banfield, R305? There was a clip in the 911 documentary on Hulu and I just assumed it was some random brain dead nitwit. Several people were looking at her while she yelled, you saved my life, after first fighting with the guy that she needed to get her stuff from outside, like they weren’t entirely thrilled she’d been saved.

by Anonymousreply 322October 2, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote]Soledad O'Brien, who also seems extremely bitchy, at least on Twitter.

I like Soledad on Twitter. She doesn't put up with any shit. When not posting pics of her horse, she's calling out "journalists" on not doing their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 323October 2, 2021 10:05 PM

Soledad is a major Bernie hater and race baiter. Hubby is a big time banker so of course the bitch doesn’t want to pay her fair share in taxes.

by Anonymousreply 324October 2, 2021 10:27 PM

I hate Bernie and I'm not a big time banker.

by Anonymousreply 325October 2, 2021 10:29 PM

R325, Then you vote against your own best interests like a Magat living in a trailer park.

You and Soledad dislike Bernie for different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 326October 2, 2021 10:32 PM

Not R325, R326, but I did enjoy you in Dead Man Walking, Susan. It really is possible to be a proud Democrat and expect the super rich and corporations to pay their fair share of taxes and still understand that Bernie Sanders is out of touch with reality and is a plague to rational political discourse.

by Anonymousreply 327October 2, 2021 11:14 PM

r321 I laughed at Inside Edition with Deborah Norville doing it. But then again those kind of stories are right up their alley that's why sometimes I like to watch it, it comes on after our 7 pm local news.

by Anonymousreply 328October 2, 2021 11:24 PM

R308, It was actually laid out pretty well why she is a POS based on her own freaking words.

by Anonymousreply 329October 2, 2021 11:58 PM

I hope that she saved and invested her money well because it sounds like she is burning every single bridge with this book.

by Anonymousreply 330October 3, 2021 12:19 AM

Does she say anything about Bryant Gumble or Al Roker?

by Anonymousreply 331October 3, 2021 12:20 AM

Does she spill any tea about Aidy Bryant or Roxy Roker?

by Anonymousreply 332October 3, 2021 1:24 AM

It would be kind of funny in an ironic way if Al Roker was actually a real womanizer.

Bryan Gumble seemed like a real jerk, maybe he is too obvious of a choice to talk about?

by Anonymousreply 333October 3, 2021 1:34 AM

Maybe there were some places she was unwilling to go.

by Anonymousreply 334October 3, 2021 1:40 AM

I wonder if she had a beef with Paula Zahn? I always preferred Zahn over Couric in those rare times I did watch morning shows.

by Anonymousreply 335October 3, 2021 1:43 AM

Zahn, like Couric, was more of a presenter rather than a real journalist like Curry. But Zahn didn’t have that fake nice and cutesy act that Couric had.

by Anonymousreply 336October 3, 2021 1:45 AM

r322 I don't subscribe to Hulu so I can't verify the clip. It's been 20 years and after 9/11 I've never again seen the video but the scene stuck with for the sudden violence of the debris cloud totally blanking out the street and her reaction to her life being saved against her will.

by Anonymousreply 337October 3, 2021 1:49 AM

Does she discuss her feelings about Grace and Leo's first marriage being illegal?

by Anonymousreply 338October 3, 2021 1:52 AM

Not only was Katie widely disliked by her coworkers by the time she left NBC

she was actively hated...

Her coworkers ran from the staccato of designer shoes

She was considered eccentric if not full-blown crazy

by Anonymousreply 339October 3, 2021 4:02 AM

These dishy types of books are fun. I hate outrage culture. People are going to be too scared to write them.

by Anonymousreply 340October 3, 2021 4:20 AM

[quote]I was hoping that showing grotesque photos of my interior cavities might protect me from Matt's unwanted probing.

Matt: Are you as turned on as I am right now?

Katie: More.

by Anonymousreply 341October 3, 2021 5:42 AM

I love that Katie Couric called out Prince Harry saying he reeked of cigarettes and booze. He is an entitled piece of shit showing up for an interview stinking up the joint.

by Anonymousreply 342October 3, 2021 2:03 PM

Let them write these books. Then they will be judged by the public. It’s fine. Katie is being judged right now. By her own words.

by Anonymousreply 343October 3, 2021 2:17 PM

Katie conducted one of JFK, Jr.'s last interviews and after it was over and the cameras were still rolling, she began admonishing him for having ridden over to the studio on his bicycle without wearing a helmet.

It was a touching moment, that I can no longer find on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 344October 3, 2021 3:38 PM

R344 She also was caught on camera saying she was too distracted to hear what Cindy McCain was saying in an interview because "she looks like a Husky dog."

by Anonymousreply 345October 3, 2021 3:41 PM

Katie is a blurter.

She apparently thinks it’s “cute” to blurt out things that pop into her head. Like a preteen would.

This was sold to us as her being a “refreshing” and “brave” journalist, but really she’s just rude and immature.

by Anonymousreply 346October 3, 2021 4:27 PM

I still find the debacle over her plaigerizing the first library card memory so telling.

by Anonymousreply 347October 3, 2021 7:02 PM

Funny that you should say that, R11 because many years ago I was in a focus group and the subject was "Katie Couric." She was new to the scene and we spent a couple of hours discussing her and if and what we liked about her or didn't like about her. At the time I really liked her. I still do.

by Anonymousreply 348October 3, 2021 7:32 PM

R348 That's funny. Years ago, I used to get public perception surveys from entertainment companies, and I remember getting one about Bill Cosby. It asked all kinds of questions about words I associate with him (trustworthy, smart, funny, etc.) and whether I would buy products if he advertised them. I thought it was all for the sake of negotiating a higher price for him to endorse products, but in retrospect, I now wonder if it might have been preemptive damage control by his attorneys to find out if the public trusts him enough for him to bat down rape allegations, or to use as leverage to talk his accusers into settling. ("Bill Cosby is one of the most liked and trusted people in America! A jury would never convict him! Take this half million and shut up.")

by Anonymousreply 349October 3, 2021 7:47 PM

Matt Lauer did nothing wrong R201? He had a button on his desk that locked the door to keep women in his office against their wishes. That's OK with you?

by Anonymousreply 350October 3, 2021 7:52 PM

R346 I’ve always felt Katie has that Real Housewife vibe. Trying too hard to be sexy. Boasting “I have no filter, no bullshit with me, I tell it like it is!”

by Anonymousreply 351October 3, 2021 8:02 PM

R350 Supposedly, many executives had the same buttons for some kind of emergencies, not to lock people inside to assault them. Lauer just, you know, figured out it's a handy way to keep women from running away screaming.

by Anonymousreply 352October 3, 2021 8:02 PM

In other words all that sweetness and light was an act. She's been waiting to say this stuff for years.

by Anonymousreply 353October 3, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote] He had a button on his desk that locked the door to keep women in his office against their wishes.

Just to play devil's advocate - is that the reason we know the lock was installed? Sorry just playing the defense attorney in me?

PS just read R352 - thank you. That makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 354October 3, 2021 8:32 PM

I've always wondered how Jane Pauley feels about Katie ...

by Anonymousreply 355October 3, 2021 8:36 PM

I've always wondered if Kathie brushes her teeth up and down or side to side. I hope the book answers this and other important questions.

by Anonymousreply 356October 3, 2021 8:39 PM

I wonder if she been stoked by Roker’s Poker?

by Anonymousreply 357October 3, 2021 10:59 PM

I think I'll wait and spend my money on Kaley Cuoco's new book when she decides to write it.

by Anonymousreply 358October 3, 2021 11:08 PM

Maybe someone will slap her in a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 359October 4, 2021 1:51 AM

No one can say Katie isn't being honest.

the next time I hear about 'women helping women' and if 'women were in charge...' well, Katie was in charge and she sandbagged her colleague.

Watch for the Morning Show to fictionalize this.

by Anonymousreply 360October 4, 2021 3:22 AM

Women are the fucking worst.

More accurately, 95% of women are fat, useless trash who think shooting a kid or five out of their twat makes them special.

The other 5% are priceless treasures. Luckily, I’m friends with a lot of these women.

by Anonymousreply 361October 4, 2021 3:48 AM

I hope she dishes about that miserable old fat fuck Roker. Can’t stand him!

by Anonymousreply 362October 4, 2021 9:41 AM

This chimerical a few years ago making fun of her ignorance 20 years earlier is basally true to life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 4, 2021 10:26 AM

^^^commercial^^

by Anonymousreply 364October 4, 2021 10:27 AM

[quote]I hope she dishes about that miserable old fat fuck Roker. Can’t stand him! '

He's not too fond of you either.

by Anonymousreply 365October 4, 2021 11:26 AM

The women of The View were honest about women this week when they discussed Couric. Sunny Hostin said she is disappointed to learn Couric is a mean girk. Ana Navarro rolled her eyes and said every woman knows that there are two kinds of women: women who support and help other women, and women who are territorial and sabotage other women to get ahead. And all the cohosts agreed.

Women really are enigmatic. I have always considered myself a feminist and I relate to most women in most ways, but every single woman I know has said a version of "women are IMPOSSIBLE to work with." But they aren't! Seventy percent of my coworkers have been women and most are perfectly fine to work with. And they all want to be taken seriously and feel like they are not treated equally because of their sex—and they walk around telling men that all women are impossible to get along with. It's really fucked up. I've pointed this out to every woman who has said it to me, including my own mother and sister, for the past decade. I'm sure some think I am mansplaining, but most have told me I make a good point and that they will be careful about that.

I don't know. Is it social conditioning or nature for women to want to take down most of the women in their territories?

by Anonymousreply 366October 4, 2021 11:34 AM

Most of my difficult working relationships have been with women because they don't shoot straight. I've never seen a guy cry at work. They tend to weave in and out feminine cliches, as it suits them and if they can. Ugly is ugly even in an office full of middle aged white dicks.

That said, four observations:

In my experience, there have been some uniquely fucked up pieces of work. There have been some uniquely talented performers. The rest are as mediocre and middle as most men.

Even the barely attractive has experienced some kind of unwanted attention because of gender.

Most women are screwed up because they think to succeed they have to act like they think men act - which makes them extremely unpleasant to work with or for. The coolest, smartest women I've worked for or with leave all that nonsense at the door. They're fun, candid and confident. They do exist and they succeed.

There is a male word for bitch - it's asshole. Nobody wants to work for one of those, either. Though if you deliver revenue, management will let a lot slide under either description.

by Anonymousreply 367October 4, 2021 12:29 PM

Is Katie going to be on The Today Show to promote her book?

by Anonymousreply 368October 4, 2021 12:41 PM

[quote] Even the barely attractive has experienced some kind of unwanted attention because of gender.

No, R367, it is because of sex.

by Anonymousreply 369October 4, 2021 4:18 PM

Women colleagues tend to find fault with other women, which they then use to denigrate. That, or they become envious of other women, to the point of hatred. Often, the fault they find is also the very thing they envy. I’ve heard fat frau colleagues talk shit about thin female colleagues, calling them anorexic (they’re not) and yet secretly wishing to have thin, fit bodies. Same goes for marriage/ kids. Frau colleagues laughing at single , unmarried colleagues without children. Yet they secretly envy these women’s single lifestyle.

Male colleagues envy each other too. But with men, the envy is enveloped in respect more so than jealousy-turned hatred.

by Anonymousreply 370October 4, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote]I’ve heard fat frau colleagues talk shit about thin female colleagues, calling them anorexic (they’re not) and yet secretly wishing to have thin, fit bodies.

If you want to be thin and fit, you have to work at it. These lazy fatasses don't want to put the work in.

by Anonymousreply 371October 4, 2021 4:57 PM

"I've never seen a guy cry at work."

R367? Apparently, you don't have to work with Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 372October 4, 2021 5:26 PM

𝑲𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒄 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒑𝒍𝒖𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝑪𝑩𝑺

Katie Couric has been banned from promoting her new book on CBS after she slammed the network — and its former boss Les Moonves’ bad breath — in her dishy tome.

The former “Today” anchor — who disastrously hosted “CBS Evening News” from 2006 to 2011 — had been booked to promote her bombshell memoir, “Going There,” on “CBS This Morning” with Gayle King.

Until CBS News chiefs and producers read the book.

In the tell-all, Couric — who has unleashed some unvarnished truths about her time at NBC as well as dishing on her rival anchors — also writes snootily about CBS and its news division.

Couric describes how Moonves told her, “ ‘We’ve been thinking about you and what you’re good at. The evening news really doesn’t give you a place to showcase your talent.’ Oh, boy, here it comes … ‘Would you be interested in going to the morning show?’ he said. ‘You’re so great at it, and they could really use your help.’ ”

But she says she replied, “Absolutely not … I didn’t leave the morning show I helped make number one so I could go to the third-place morning show.”

Couric added in her book about Moonves — who was fired without severance in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations in 2018 — “I always liked Les Moonves, even though he was a close-talker with bad breath.”

She added in the book of her arrival at CBS, “At an affiliates’ meeting, Les would smugly disclose how he finally got me to say yes: ‘We drank many bottles of expensive wine on the sofa in my apartment … Don’t worry, my wife was in the next room.’ Hardee-har, Les.”

Reps for Couric and CBS could not be reached. But a TV insider insisted that Couric had also been in talks to appear on CBS Sunday morning, before her appearance was abandoned. The insider said, “The segment was never [officially] booked, it was only in discussion.”

by Anonymousreply 373October 5, 2021 1:02 AM

Streisand Effect.

Banned on CBS! only will increase sales.

by Anonymousreply 374October 5, 2021 3:04 AM

Robin Roberts will totally lick Katie’s pussy, live.

by Anonymousreply 375October 5, 2021 3:47 AM

R375, Not after what she wrote about ABC's beloved Diane Sawyer.

by Anonymousreply 376October 5, 2021 4:01 AM

Jesus Christ, people in media are sensitive. I’m not sure how anything she wrote r373is offensive. Les asked her to do the early show? He made inappropriate jokes? They’re really banning her over that?

by Anonymousreply 377October 5, 2021 4:18 AM

Katie can still plug the book on Yahoo. That might be her target demographic, anyway...elders over 70 still clinging to their Yahoo e-mail from the 90s.

I wonder if her editors or anyone else advising her thought about the repercussions of her bad-mouthing pretty much everyone she's ever met. (Except Matt Lauer, of course.) It truly makes it challenging to promote the book when all the bridges are burned.

by Anonymousreply 378October 5, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote]Most women are screwed up because they think to succeed they have to act like they think men act - which makes them extremely unpleasant to work with or for. The coolest, smartest women I've worked for or with leave all that nonsense at the door. They're fun, candid and confident. They do exist and they succeed.

This +1

Yep, I have seen this a lot. Mostly it's the Boomer women who act cunty because they think in order to succeed in a man's world they have to be a dick like a man. But it' not true, the best boss I ever had was a woman who didn't play that game. She was likable, self confident, understanding and insightful. She didn't try to remold everyone in her image like typical managers do if you want to be in their good graces, she saw everyone as playing a part being different as an asset not a drawback. Never made us do the BS team player shit. I actually complemented her on her management style at the time.

by Anonymousreply 379October 5, 2021 4:28 AM

This Katie appearance on Wendy Williams quickly got awkward when the subject turned to Matt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 5, 2021 4:30 AM

So he had a magic button to lock the door but she didn't? Only an executive thing? Um and not you Miss Star of the show? Really?

by Anonymousreply 381October 5, 2021 4:43 AM

Early prototype for Matt Lauer's office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 5, 2021 4:50 AM

Read on "Radar" (don't how legit that source is) that her appearance with Gayle King was canceled because of what she said about CBS (Les Moonves still has power too I think)

by Anonymousreply 383October 5, 2021 8:33 AM

Piers Morgan is having a hissy fit over her new book. So by default I like it. Anything that angers that awful prisspot is fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 384October 5, 2021 9:14 AM

[quote]Why does social media ever lynchmob straight men this way? It’s always women or gay men.

Agree...I mean I guess if you know nothing about how news media works you would be fooled by Katie's "nice" act. These network jobs are ultra competitive; it is a cutthroat environment. I think if all the talking heads wrote a book and remained completely honest it would result in books just like Katie's.

by Anonymousreply 385October 6, 2021 2:38 AM

I love your description of Piers Morgan as being "an awful prisspot", R384. That's bang on.

by Anonymousreply 386October 6, 2021 4:04 AM

From the New York Post . . .

"Katie Couric will promote her bombshell memoir on the “Today” show — despite slamming a number of former co-stars and producers, Page Six can reveal.

Couric, who co-anchored the NBC flagship morning show for 15 years alongside disgraced Matt Lauer, will appear on October 19."

by Anonymousreply 387October 6, 2021 5:00 AM

Telling she likes Matt and Les Moonves both accused of being sexual predators.

by Anonymousreply 388October 6, 2021 10:10 AM

Julie's not going to like that Katie wrote that her man has halitosis.

by Anonymousreply 389October 6, 2021 11:05 AM

[quote] If he had been elected, there was a very real chance that he would die in office and Sarah Dumb Cunt Palin would be President. It was a truly horrifying scenario, thank god it didn't happen.

Yeah, good thing we never elected a incompetent moron who is a joke in the media. We really dodged a bullet there.🙄

by Anonymousreply 390October 6, 2021 11:25 AM

Could President Palin have been any worse than President Harris?

by Anonymousreply 391October 6, 2021 11:28 AM

Other anchor news

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/04 **1**

This Washington D.C. news anchor is having an affair with the young wife of a young divisive southern Congressman.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/05 **10**

This A/A- list mostly movie actress all of you know has been, whenever the opportunity arises, quietly hooking up with this married closeted female news anchor who does her show with other people.

by Anonymousreply 392October 6, 2021 11:34 AM

R391. Yes, of course Sarah Palin would have been worse than Kamala Harris as president. Palin is a fucking idiot who quit her job as governor of Alaska after a year-and-a-half of being elected. She has no command whatsoever of any issues at all. Kamala Harris was attorney general of California and then senator from California. She's a smart woman and far more qualified to serve in an executive role than willfully ignorant Palin.

by Anonymousreply 393October 6, 2021 11:58 AM

[quote] Katie was in charge and she sandbagged her colleague.

If you think a talking head is in charge, you're nuts. She was expendable and that's the reason she was so insecure.

by Anonymousreply 394October 6, 2021 12:01 PM

R393 = Douglas Emhoff

by Anonymousreply 395October 6, 2021 12:09 PM

My mother said that Katie has beady eyes…therefore,you cannot trust her. And her mouth is small, thin lipped and tight.

by Anonymousreply 396October 6, 2021 12:14 PM

R396, Gummy smiles do not belong on television.

by Anonymousreply 397October 6, 2021 12:20 PM

Palin is a fucking idiot who quit her job as governor of Alaska after a year-and-a-half of being elected. She has no command whatsoever of any issues at all. Kamala Harris was attorney general of California and then senator from California with no command whatsoever of any issues at all.

On Palin's side of the chart at least she didn't get her job by fucking Willie Brown.

by Anonymousreply 398October 6, 2021 5:21 PM

I have had to deal with her staff from time to time. Very vapid and very cunty.

by Anonymousreply 399October 6, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote] If you think a talking head is in charge, you're nuts.

R394, she was in charge that day and in that scenario.

by Anonymousreply 400October 6, 2021 6:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401October 6, 2021 11:14 PM

R401 That nanny seems very tacky for doing that.

Does nobody have any sense of decorum anymore?

by Anonymousreply 402October 6, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote]Does nobody have any sense of decorum anymore?

Have you been in a coma for the past 30 years?

by Anonymousreply 403October 7, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]Meanwhile, when she got home, Couric would discard clothes all over the house and her room looked like a 'disaster.'

Not to defend Couric, but this is what "the help" is for. It's part of their job.

by Anonymousreply 404October 7, 2021 12:27 AM

That's some amazing dish from the disgruntled nanny.

by Anonymousreply 405October 7, 2021 12:34 AM

Agree, r405 and I wish I hadn't read it. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 406October 7, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote] Does nobody have any sense of decorum anymore?

Obviously not author Katie

by Anonymousreply 407October 7, 2021 1:24 AM

The Nanny has some colorful tales.

by Anonymousreply 408October 7, 2021 1:58 AM

I guess Katie didn't count on Olivia Spenser from The Help spilling the beans.

by Anonymousreply 409October 7, 2021 2:12 AM

Katie looks like her vulva would have the consistency of sandpaper.

by Anonymousreply 410October 7, 2021 2:38 AM

Katie's late husband, Jay Monahan, reminded me more of Jay Thomas than Matt Lauer.

Jay Thomas died, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 7, 2021 2:39 AM

Jay Monahan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412October 7, 2021 2:41 AM

Love the nanny. Couris knew this woman has lots of shit on her so she spends all this time in the book undermining.

She sounds ridiculous how she describes her and why she fired her:

[quote] She writes she was ultimately forced to fire Poznek - who is called 'Doris' in the book - after she 'managed to grow deep, twisted roots into our family and my psyche, leaving me to imagine I couldn't function without her.'

It looks like Her husband starting confiding in her and not very happy in the marriage. Couric would have wanted to nip him having an ally who might have seen right through her character. So of course she fired her.

[quote] Poznek had a front row seat as Couric and her first husband Jay Monahan drifted apart once she became a television star, only having sex three times in the past three years Monahan had confided to her - on New Year's Eve. She claims that Couric was so overwhelmed, Monahan didn't feel he could tell her he had stomach problems and was popping Tums antacid 'like candy.' His health problems later developed into colorectal cancer that killed him at the age of 42.

Damn what did Couric think would happen when she revealed herself to be such an utter unredeemable bitch.

I am glad that people are speaking out. Good for the nanny and good for Ashley Banfield.

Who's next?

by Anonymousreply 413October 7, 2021 2:45 AM

Team nanny.

by Anonymousreply 414October 7, 2021 3:07 AM

LMAO at the maid's response and the pic of Couric smoking in bed. Priceless. hahahaaa

by Anonymousreply 415October 7, 2021 3:09 AM

She does have a gummy smile….ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 416October 7, 2021 3:10 AM

Boogers lines up on her pillow? eeeew you nasty Katie.

by Anonymousreply 417October 7, 2021 3:20 AM

The maid's response reminds me of Brandy Glanville, who is a master of this type of character assassination.

Whether the maid is telling the truth or not, I'll never be able to look at Katie again without imagining her boogers and dirty underwear.

by Anonymousreply 418October 7, 2021 6:41 AM

The nanny said that Couric wiped boogers on her pillow case and sniffed Billy Joels shorts. Oh dear. Couric was quite unwise to trash the nanny in the book. She should have just written something diplomatic along the lines of " ( Nannys name) was indispensable for years but we decided to go our separate ways...". A lot of rich people overestimate what they can get away with when going after those with less income. She would have been better off going after Diane Sawyer, who I doubt would have shared a story about Katie wiping boogers on her bed.

by Anonymousreply 419October 7, 2021 6:58 AM

Poor Jay had the doo doo problems and Katie didn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 420October 7, 2021 7:49 AM

Katie and Jay only had sex 3 times in 3 years?

by Anonymousreply 421October 7, 2021 8:22 AM

The nanny's photos of Katie sniffing Billy Joel's shorts and smoking in his bed are pretty damning.

by Anonymousreply 422October 7, 2021 8:24 AM

Katie is coming off looking like an asshole. This book is doing her no favors.

by Anonymousreply 423October 7, 2021 8:28 AM

I wonder if she regrets this book yet.

by Anonymousreply 424October 7, 2021 11:31 AM

Is the nanny gay? I mean she lives in New Hope, and I’m getting a vibe.

by Anonymousreply 425October 7, 2021 11:44 AM

Why does Katie refer to the nanny as "Doris" in her book?

by Anonymousreply 426October 7, 2021 12:38 PM

Katie is such a fucking weirdo. She always had been. I’ve always thought she had a very strange, arrested development vibe.

by Anonymousreply 427October 7, 2021 12:41 PM

R426 ostensibly she's using it as a pseudonym to protect the nannys identity but she gives so many details the woman easily figured out that she was referring to her.

by Anonymousreply 428October 7, 2021 12:50 PM

Jay sounded as if he was pussy whipped xxx infinity.

by Anonymousreply 429October 7, 2021 2:01 PM

Just the thought of someone choosing to turn their dirty underwear inside out rather than put on fresh underwear makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 430October 7, 2021 3:42 PM

Why do we laud Joan Collins and Sharon Stone for telling us bitchy gossip in their books but complain about Katie Couric doing the same?

by Anonymousreply 431October 7, 2021 3:46 PM

[quote] Jay sounded as if he was pussy whipped xxx infinity.

I get what you're saying but that isn't what pussy whipped means. It means your lady is using her pussy to whip you into line. Not the case here it would seem. He was just too scared to leave or too financially or socially dependent on her and whatever but he somehow felt trapped. Poor shmuck.

This is so common in marriages - to all the world this sweetheart marriage but behind closed doors it's just nothing. We see this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 432October 7, 2021 3:48 PM

R432, He also appeared to have been suffering from the symptoms of the disease that would eventually kill him long before he admitted it to Katie.

by Anonymousreply 433October 7, 2021 4:15 PM

Katie had all the money, he didn't work all that much. And he liked the nice lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 434October 7, 2021 4:15 PM

Tammy Faye said she had been bleeding rectally for over a year before finally seeing a doctor because she felt "embarrassed".

by Anonymousreply 435October 7, 2021 4:18 PM

r435 Well, it certainly wasn't caused by anal sex with Jim's micropeen.

by Anonymousreply 436October 7, 2021 5:00 PM

So still no nuggets about Gumbel? Hmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 437October 7, 2021 11:21 PM

The nanny really embarrassed herself with that story in the Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 438October 7, 2021 11:28 PM

How so?

by Anonymousreply 439October 7, 2021 11:40 PM

Katie really embarrassed herself by writing the book.

by Anonymousreply 440October 7, 2021 11:48 PM

The nanny sounds weird. Did she really put out those 2 flyers (one was about Katie and the the other was about another family who wanted a restraining order against the nanny)?

by Anonymousreply 441October 7, 2021 11:57 PM

The nanny sounds way too involved in Katie Couric’s marriage.

by Anonymousreply 442October 8, 2021 12:39 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 443October 8, 2021 1:59 AM

I can't get over the underwear thing. What a dirty nasty ho!

by Anonymousreply 444October 8, 2021 2:18 AM

The Nanny could have just been projecting her own underwear and booger issues.

by Anonymousreply 445October 8, 2021 2:22 AM

Stinky dirty asshole? Turn them underpants inside out. GIIRRRLLL!

You know that's right!

by Anonymousreply 446October 8, 2021 8:16 AM

Why turn them inside out? Why didn’t she just put on new ones?

by Anonymousreply 447October 8, 2021 10:41 AM

r443=moron

by Anonymousreply 448October 8, 2021 1:05 PM

Does her pussy stink? I think we all know the answer to that.

by Anonymousreply 449October 8, 2021 1:45 PM

R431 Because gums?

by Anonymousreply 450October 8, 2021 1:51 PM

that is so disgusting...I mean they were still dirty and probably smelly! she wore them out of the house!

by Anonymousreply 451October 8, 2021 1:52 PM

Wonder how she gauges when it's time for a turnover.

How many pee stains and skid marks must there be to merit a panties flip?

by Anonymousreply 452October 8, 2021 2:10 PM

When it comes to nannies, Katie nose how to pick ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 453October 8, 2021 2:15 PM

She has twelve million reasons not to, [R424].

by Anonymousreply 454October 8, 2021 3:47 PM

I've posted this before, I used to work at NY Hospital. Katie's husband was admitted about 5 or 6 times in the last year of his life. Katie barely visited him and when she did, she would yell at him. You could hear her yelling from the hallway

She was a real bitch to him. Geraldo Rivera used to visit all the time. He and Jay were best friends.

by Anonymousreply 455October 8, 2021 3:57 PM

Even if I could afford it that is why I would not have a full time housekeeper because they see too much.

by Anonymousreply 456October 8, 2021 4:20 PM

Katie was a bit jealous that Matt wasn't hitting on her.

by Anonymousreply 457October 8, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote]She was a real bitch to him. Geraldo Rivera used to visit all the time. He and Jay were best friends.

If my husband were best friends with Geraldo, I'd be a bitch to him too.

by Anonymousreply 458October 8, 2021 5:03 PM

Now when I see Katie, all I will think of is how crusty are the granny panties rubbing against her va-jay-jay flaps?

by Anonymousreply 459October 9, 2021 1:28 AM

R459, This will follow her forever, like Richard Gere and the gerbil.

by Anonymousreply 460October 9, 2021 1:31 AM

Seriously, r459. All I can think of now is "dirty panties" when I think of Couric.

by Anonymousreply 461October 9, 2021 1:51 AM

Oh, and the booger love… 🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

by Anonymousreply 462October 9, 2021 1:51 AM

Oh good Katie. Jay is shitting himself and you’re being a cunt to him. Good going!

by Anonymousreply 463October 9, 2021 2:16 AM

So ironic that Katie calls her old boyfriend a narcissist, pot meet kettle

by Anonymousreply 464October 10, 2021 6:04 AM

R461, I feel like sending her a Fruit of the Loom 10-pack.

by Anonymousreply 465October 10, 2021 7:17 AM

Janice Lynde will certainly bring in the ratings!!!!! Who?????

by Anonymousreply 466October 10, 2021 7:51 AM

The story about Katie's panties and boogers are too much. She seemed like such a nice girl.

by Anonymousreply 467October 10, 2021 8:03 AM

I can’t stop snickering about Robert Redford and his Rip Taylor wig

by Anonymousreply 468October 10, 2021 8:19 AM

Will Matt appear with her? He needs to plot his comeback.

by Anonymousreply 469October 10, 2021 8:45 PM

Matt will only appear if Katie brings a pair of her snatch stained panties.

by Anonymousreply 470October 10, 2021 10:24 PM

Surprised Couric didn't have much to say about pompous asshole, the insufferable Bryan Gumble.

by Anonymousreply 471October 10, 2021 10:59 PM

She’s a basic bitch if ever there was one.

by Anonymousreply 472October 11, 2021 5:10 AM

Didn’t she say that Fat Al used to fart all the time?

by Anonymousreply 473October 11, 2021 7:09 AM

Why does ayone care what Katy Couric has to say? She is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 474October 12, 2021 1:22 AM

katie went and told how she censored an interview with ruth bader ginsberg

Old ruthie didn't like people who kneeled during the national anthem. She said they were “dumb and disrespectful.”

That from the woman whose selfishness and egotism is going to be the cause of Roe v Wade being overturned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475October 14, 2021 3:04 AM

Otherwise known as manipulation of the news in furtherance of a political agenda

by Anonymousreply 476October 14, 2021 3:38 AM

All news stations do it. You didn't hear one word from fox news when dozens of their employees were fired for raping/sexually assaulting their female coworkers

You didn't hear that they paid out over $100 MILLION in settlements for those rapes and assaults

You don't hear that they have to have retractions about this or that story every day either

It's the anchor person's prerogative to include or not include something. Katie Cunty should have kept her mouth shut. It's nice how she came out with this right in time for the election

by Anonymousreply 477October 14, 2021 3:54 AM

Katie was exposed for editing one of her reports a few years back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478October 14, 2021 6:25 AM

Here's Katie on TODAY this morning discussing Matt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479October 19, 2021 2:21 PM

I wonder if she feels embarrassed by any of the blowback. Probably not. She has to be pretty hard-faced and hide bound to allow herself to be heard screaming at her terminally ill, bedridden husband in a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 480October 19, 2021 6:45 PM

her book isn't even out and got such bad press. No one wants to buy a book where she defends matt lauer

So she's had to lie to the public and go on a lying tour. She says the press misconstrued all of it

And don't anyone buy this bitch's book. Go to z-library and download it for free in about a week or two. You do have to sign up, but I've downloaded 50 books from there and never had a problem

The best thing about this book is that we won't see or hear from her again after next month

by Anonymousreply 481October 20, 2021 1:25 AM

I was going to say "Dollar 🌳 book in how long?" but a lot of fraus who don't keep up with gossip like DLers still love her. I think she'll get a surge from their purchases only to be turned off.

by Anonymousreply 482October 20, 2021 1:54 AM

I am broke, I use my Library's app to read books online free. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to be able to read a new release but it is so convenient and saves me a lot of money. This type of book I won't bother though, all the best stuff ends up in the news.

by Anonymousreply 483October 20, 2021 2:24 AM

Weren’t Matt and Savannah rumored to have had a thing?

Love how Katie tries to drag Savannah into the mess at the end: of the interview “I’m sure you also noticed some things going on” or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 484October 20, 2021 4:21 AM

Matt and Natalie Morales

by Anonymousreply 485October 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Katie came off well in her Today interviews. Savannah is hosting one of her “Going There” live shows, so how much was she really going to eviscerate her? And for what? Being honest about what it took to succeed at the highest level in a male dominated, cutthroat business? The blowback around this book is ridiculous. Everything has been taken out of context, and Ashley Banfield should send her a muffin basket for giving her a moment to play victim and be back in the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 486October 21, 2021 10:30 AM

R486, I dare Katie to be interviewed by anyone on Fox News Channel.

by Anonymousreply 487October 21, 2021 12:50 PM

[quote] Everything has been taken out of context, and Ashley Banfield should send her a muffin basket for giving her a moment to play victim and be back in the spotlight.

As shitty as katie was to Ashleigh, Ashleigh was given a chance at just about every network (except fox)

I think CNN or Headline news hired her two different times

by Anonymousreply 488October 21, 2021 9:14 PM

Ashleigh has an undercurrent of hysterical drama queen frau,

Katie has an undercurrent of bitchy, immature frau.

Pick your poison.

by Anonymousreply 489October 21, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote] Otherwise known as manipulation of the news in furtherance of a political agenda

See David Corn's ploy to box in Senator Manchin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490October 21, 2021 9:57 PM

"The book is a lot of things: a very juicy autobiography, full of sex and gossip and bizarre celebrity encounters and familial revelation, as well as an account of the rampant misogyny within the industry in which Couric rose. Like Couric herself, it is surprisingly spiky and weird and seemingly committed to absolute chaos. It is the work of someone who, if not ready to fully analyze her place in often-abusive hierarchies, is curious enough about those hierarchies to lay out her experiences in ways that are not flattering, either to the news business or to herself. Going There’s near-compulsive accounting of journalistic sin hit its news apex in mid-October with the leak of her confession that in 2016, she chose not to air racist comments made by the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg in their entirety in part out of an impulse to protect the Supreme Court justice.

A celebrity tell-all that by its nature should have been interesting only to Couric’s longtime fans turns out to be a startling and capacious historic document."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491October 22, 2021 2:38 PM

Shit stains on Katie’s panties told a tale on her!

Shit stains on Katie’s panties said she’s full of poo!

Bet your bottom dollar the maid said ewww….

Shit stains on Katie’s panties told a tale on her!!!

by Anonymousreply 492October 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Disappointed to hear that stuff about RBG…

by Anonymousreply 493October 22, 2021 3:54 PM

Katie will be fine. She sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 494October 22, 2021 7:02 PM

Couric is a bitch. Ashleigh needs to move the fuck on.

by Anonymousreply 495October 23, 2021 3:03 AM

R484, I noticed that too; Savannah just stayed in reporter mode.

She didn't help Katie at all when she could have.

HAHA

by Anonymousreply 496October 25, 2021 4:18 AM

[QUOTE]So he had a magic button to lock the door but she didn't? Only an executive thing? Um and not you Miss Star of the show? Really?

Why would she? Totally sounds like a predator thing and something Lauer had custom installed for his conquests.

by Anonymousreply 497October 25, 2021 4:23 PM

Lauer is a perv. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 498October 25, 2021 4:27 PM

Last week, Joy Behar said how much she was looking forward to having Katie Couric on as a guest.

Today, Katie was in studio and Joy was absent, with no explanation as to why. Hmm . . .

Katie was on for three segments and was given a series of softball questions, though Sunny attempted to get tough, but Katie talked over her. Whoopi, Sara and guest host Gretchen Carlson treated Katie with kid gloves.

by Anonymousreply 499October 25, 2021 6:01 PM

Katie acted indignantly about the press cherry picking quotes from her book. The book is called "Going There". Of course they are going to go there as well. She shouldn't have feigned being so shocked and offended.

I wish they had asked her about the nanny.

by Anonymousreply 500October 25, 2021 11:48 PM

Katie sure knows how to boogie 🥴🥴🥴🥴

by Anonymousreply 501October 26, 2021 1:00 AM

Savannah should've asked Katie "so are you wearing dirty panties today?"

by Anonymousreply 502October 26, 2021 1:17 AM

Today on The View, Sunny asked Katie Couric about both Deborah Norville and Ashleigh Banfield. Couric answered the question addressing the issue of Norville and said nothing about Banfield. It was a total and disappointing dodge. And then they were onto another question. Damn.

The thing is, I like Banfield a lot and I'm glad she ultimately succeeded on some level; however, I also agree with Couric that mentoring Banfield would have been self-sabotage. In a such a competitive job, I would never lend myself out to train a possible successor. I felt the same way in my own job. I was helpful and friendly toward everyone, but if I viewed someone as a possibly taking my job since i was a department of one, I was cordial and mildly helpful, but I kept my distance.

by Anonymousreply 503October 26, 2021 1:45 AM

Her pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 504October 26, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote]Remember when Jane Fonda took offense at Megyn Kelly asking about her plastic surgery when Jane had spoken openly about it in previous interviews?

You're apparently misremembering this debacle.

Jane Fonda and Robert Redford were there to promote a new project.

Robert sat there wearing a full-on red wig, having had as much cosmetic surgery as Joan Rivers.

Megan Kelly started the interview with her pass-aggressive, "So Jane, you've had a lot of plastic surgery over the years. Tell me about it."

Jane Fonda has been very open about her procedures, as well as her wish that she could overcome her body image issues and be more comfortable in her skin.

Jane's objection to the question was that it was an odd question to begin the interview with, and that it seemed to less important than all the other things Megan might have started the interview with.

Megan Kelly was gunning for Jane Fonda - and Jane called her on it.

Megan is also a lazy, incompetent journalist who continues to push the Fox right-wing agenda, i.e. "Really what's so bad about blackface?"

by Anonymousreply 505October 26, 2021 1:57 AM

Megyn is the last person to be haranguing anyone about plastic surgery. Her nose is starting to resemble Nanette Fabrays. Too many people in Hollywood and television media can't grasp that yes Virginia, there is such a thing as too small a nose. Fonda should have retorted " At least my work was good. Do you want my surgeon's number dear?"

by Anonymousreply 506October 26, 2021 2:11 AM

what happened with the nanny?

by Anonymousreply 507October 26, 2021 7:37 PM

r507 BOOGERS

by Anonymousreply 508October 26, 2021 8:39 PM

Ashleigh Banfield is the Josh Lucas of TV news.

by Anonymousreply 509October 26, 2021 8:41 PM

There's a reason why Joy Behar was mysteriously absent from "The View" for Katie Couric's appearance last Monday.

Someone did not want her at that table.

by Anonymousreply 510October 27, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote]There's a reason why Joy Behar was mysteriously absent from "The View" for Katie Couric's appearance last Monday. Someone did not want her at that table.

Probably Joy Behar didn't want to be at that table.

I don't want to listen to Katie Couric shill for her book about her petty grievances in an industry where she's no longer relevant...

by Anonymousreply 511October 27, 2021 9:51 PM

Katie is hustling deep. Jake Tapper does the same thing for his mediocre books.

Some aren’t as obvious.

by Anonymousreply 512October 27, 2021 9:55 PM

R511, When only last week Joy announced Katie's upcoming appearance and how much she was looking forward to it?

by Anonymousreply 513October 27, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote]When only last week Joy announced Katie's upcoming appearance and how much she was looking forward to it?

Like a root canal...

by Anonymousreply 514October 28, 2021 1:39 AM

So what? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 515October 28, 2021 1:47 PM

I so don't care about Couric's life

by Anonymousreply 516October 28, 2021 1:48 PM

Listen kiddos, you've had your fun, cancelling black face this and transphobic that. But Santa Claus is white. That's just the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 517October 28, 2021 1:53 PM

R517, are you bleeding from where-ever?

by Anonymousreply 518October 28, 2021 1:55 PM

Sorry to break it to you, R517, but Santa Claus isn't real.

Does the Easter Bunny have to be white because you say he does? Does "God"?

by Anonymousreply 519October 28, 2021 4:20 PM

Katie was on Kara Swisher’s podcast today.

Something sounds fishy about what she actually knew & what she is saying regarding Matt Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 520October 28, 2021 8:58 PM

R520, Katie smells fishy when she inverts her dirty panties.

by Anonymousreply 521October 28, 2021 9:40 PM

I think it’s widely believed that Katie and Matt fucked.

Which would suggest that Katie was on notice that Matt was a horndog on the clock.

by Anonymousreply 522October 29, 2021 4:50 AM

Well, how big and hot IS Matt's cock?

by Anonymousreply 523October 29, 2021 4:55 AM

don’t think katie & matt fucked, but think she is a fucking liar-she knew his dirty secrets.

by Anonymousreply 524October 29, 2021 6:26 AM

Matt licked snatch in his office while he masturbated.

by Anonymousreply 525October 29, 2021 11:13 AM

She knew just like Meryl and Oprah knew…it wasn’t happening to them and they had gotten theirs, so why worry about it? I see this with women, minorities and yes, gays and lesbians. Someone will cry discrimination and as soon as they get what they want, they don’t care about continuing the fight for others. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Katie had her own #metoo story to tell. But then, that would mean that she’d have to acknowledge what Matt did to his female coworkers.

by Anonymousreply 526October 29, 2021 12:31 PM

Remember Katie dated that hot younger guy before getting with her now husband.

by Anonymousreply 527October 29, 2021 2:14 PM

R527, She did more than date him, she moved him into her apartment, which alienated Katie from her parents and her daughters.

by Anonymousreply 528October 29, 2021 3:49 PM

Katie got the young cock for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 529October 29, 2021 4:27 PM

They rolled boogers on her silk sheets together…

by Anonymousreply 530October 29, 2021 4:30 PM

People really lose their minds when they get some hot dick.

by Anonymousreply 531October 29, 2021 6:14 PM

r531 speaks from experience.

by Anonymousreply 532October 29, 2021 6:21 PM

You're damn right r532. It happened a few times. It was a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 533October 29, 2021 6:27 PM

I miss the autobiography book troll. He would have had all the juiciest excerpts from the book posted here for us to read.

by Anonymousreply 534October 29, 2021 6:40 PM

She dated a lot of old guys like Neil Simon and Larry King.

by Anonymousreply 535October 30, 2021 10:04 PM

Who hasn’t Katie not fucked?

by Anonymousreply 536October 30, 2021 10:51 PM

In the book, she talks about getting blind drunk at a Manhattan "disco" after too many shots and her young hot boy toy Brooks Perlin had to sneak her off to Lenox Hill Hospital for an IV drip and a barf bag!!

by Anonymousreply 537October 30, 2021 11:04 PM

She admits to whoring around alot to rise in the ranks

by Anonymousreply 538October 30, 2021 11:54 PM

What's the deal with her sultry hubby John Molner?

by Anonymousreply 539October 30, 2021 11:56 PM

[quote]She admits to whoring around alot to rise in the ranks

"Alot" is not, and has never been, a word.

by Anonymousreply 540October 31, 2021 12:05 AM

R539

Her husband was supposedly dating a younger chick when he 1st started dating Katie.

by Anonymousreply 541October 31, 2021 2:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542October 31, 2021 2:16 AM

Served her right.

by Anonymousreply 543October 31, 2021 2:27 AM

Juicy info r542 and he is younger than her too

by Anonymousreply 544October 31, 2021 4:01 AM

[Quote] “Alot " is not, and has never been, a word.

If “they” is now a word to describe one person, I’m fucking claiming “a lot” as a real word

by Anonymousreply 545October 31, 2021 4:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!