Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Survivor 41: Official Thread

It’s been over a year since we’ve last seen a group of Americans from different walks of life form a beachside society and vote each other off in the pursuit of a million dollars. Now Survivor is finally back for season 41, in what feels like a different world than when we last left things. But what hasn’t changed is the concept of the veteran reality series, now in its third decade on the air, including a group of soon-to-be-starving contestants that are already hungry to play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415January 27, 2022 11:55 PM

I already hate David Voce. He sounds like a true, narcissistic ass in his bio.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2021 11:50 PM

I hate that Big Brother has been preempted for this shit!!

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2021 12:03 AM

This is the most woke season ever.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2021 12:32 AM

Only decent-looking one is Xander. Where do they find some of these people?

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2021 12:49 AM

The flight attendant who is married to the pregnant man is SASSY. Cat fights to come.

The young black college student with the dreads talks way to much. He’s first to go home, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2021 1:08 AM

It’s the island of misfit toys all over again. Xander does have nice silver dollar nipples, although he’s a little too pretty. Not much else worth lusting over.

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2021 2:12 AM

They need to ease up on the woke bs and should have cast some pretty people. But I still enjoy the show.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2021 2:25 AM

Which one is the fag?

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2021 3:03 AM

There are two lesbians and a sassy male flight attendant who is married to a currently-pregnant trans man. I’d wager he calls himself gay. I think there are at least two more gays. The neurosurgeon who looks like Jonny Galecki and, playing against type, the cattle farmer with the Mike Brady-hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2021 3:08 AM

R9. Post 1973 Mike perm?

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2021 3:12 AM

Not that bad, but curly curly. Less ‘fro more Jheri curl. Like Little Orphan Annie’s long-lost father.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2021 3:18 AM

The cattle farmer looks like Howard Stern.

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2021 3:24 AM

Man this show must really be over. Season premiere and only a dozen responses? Sadly I watched and have nothing to add. Minimal eye candy and no standout heroes or villains, though the shifty flight attendant has potential.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2021 8:34 AM

A pregnant tranny man. Good heavens. What will the think of next?

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2021 11:31 AM

But is it...fun?

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2021 12:29 PM

I hate Ricard and his fake teeth.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2021 9:29 PM

Gay men always perform much better on this show than on Big Brother. Hmmm, wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2021 9:33 PM

I’m not sure that I am enjoying Jeff breaking the fourth wall so that we can get a carefully orchestrated behind-the-scenes look.

Meh

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2021 9:36 PM

Jeff aged a LOT during the year and a half they were off the air. Did he have the covid?

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2021 10:00 PM

r19, I think it's the scraggly long hair he has. He's looked skinny before but he def looks older this season, and I think it's the crappy haircut.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2021 11:19 PM

[quote] The cattle farmer looks like Howard Stern.

I thought the same thing. Then said, oh, that’s why he took the summer off!

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2021 11:21 PM

The hair definitely doesn't help, r20, but I thought it was more than that. He looked like he'd lost weight and the wrinkles and saggy skin were very evident. He is going on 60 so it shouldn't be shocking but he's always been so youthful and vibrant that he came off much younger. But he looked every one of his 59 years last night.

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2021 11:38 PM

This is the first time in 40 seasons that I didn't tune in and watch live. I decided to watch The Challenge live.

The woke stuff is a bit much - especially because I still imagine middle America is the majority of the audience they have.

That said, I am happy it's back still. The challenges are my favorite part of the show anyway, so I can just tune out the other parts.

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2021 11:45 PM

I flicked by and saw nothing but ugly, boring people. I couldn't care less. Do they cast by lottery now? Personality is important on shows like that.

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2021 11:54 PM

What a load of shit, the word “guys“ meaning both men and women, has been used at least from the 1940s, I’ve seen it said in old movies

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2021 3:00 AM

I'm glad Tiffany survived.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2021 11:05 AM

Why the heck did Genie vote for Ricard?

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote] Why the heck did Genie vote for Ricard?

Maybe she wasn't feeling:

1. His teefs

2. His Manbun

3. Canceling "come on in [bold]guys[/bold]

4. The pregnant transsexual husband

Take you pick.

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2021 5:57 PM

^Prematurely gray Ricard has potential to be the evil queen of the season for sure, but the vote didn't make sense to me at the time. Although I've read that the move may have been a contigency plan in case Sarah used her shot in the dark. Or maybe Genie really just doesn't care for him, lol..

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2021 7:30 PM

Can't stand Ricard or his pregnant trans wife or him claiming he was going to adopt a kid of foster care (but instagram actually shows his wife gave birth to both their kids) or his undermining the lesbian by telling Jeff he should no longer say "guys."

Love Genie for writing his dumb name down. He's insufferable.

Rooting for Evvie, Genie and Shan.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2021 7:35 PM

I don't care about his personal life one way or the other, but the whole 'guys' discussion was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2021 7:39 PM

No eye candy. Way too woke. Watched 10 minutes and I’m done with this season.

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2021 3:30 AM

The "guys" thing is an issue as it negates at least one gender and implies supremacy of another. I've felt uncomfortable using it for years, just in reference to female friends, but I've never been able to think of a better alternative.

It was interesting that Jeff just subtracted the object (person or personhood). I would've thought if they were going to raise the issue, it might have resulted in a more sort of "teachable" moment.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having the conversation.

I liked the pastor but I get the sense that "fast" Survivor is going to truncate the format considerably, robbing it of interesting storylines - the way they were all racing around at that tribal there didn't seem to be any clear alliances or rhyme or reason - going through the motions doesn't make for an interesting game. Seems kind of amateurish to me.

I also don't understand, in this day and age, how someone like Tiffany can hope to compete when she really didn't bring much fitness to the game. I understand she was an alternate or whatever but maybe she should've been preparing, just in case. She wasn't doing anything in that last challenge.

by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2021 5:11 PM

I don't watch any Burnett productions because he created the monster Trump. Without the Apprentice Trump would be an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2021 5:32 PM

The use of the word “guys” to denote both male and female has been around for many decades. It doesn’t negate, or promote, either gender.

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2021 4:16 AM

True enough, R35. Cambridge English Dictionary states: "used to address a group of people of either sex".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2021 8:17 AM

I'm glad that young chick, Ricard's friend, is gone. She seemed annoying.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2021 5:44 PM

Ms Probst needs to tone down his "Don't forget what an important social experiment SURVIVOR is" hectoring and just let us enjoy the show.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2021 1:59 AM

Is it still an “experiment” after 40 seasons?

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2021 4:38 PM

Brad & Xander are the only eye candy for me this season.

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2021 5:18 AM

This season isn't appealing that much too me that much so far. A little too forced on the wokeness. More diverse casts are good, but the "guys" thing really put me off too.

A lot of more conservative fans were complaining about the wokeness and GLBT of these season on the official Survivor Facebook page. Can't say that it's surprised. It'll be interesting to see if it will make them tune out or not though.

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2021 7:43 AM

This is the very first episode of [italic]Survivor[/italic]'s progenitor, [italic]Expedition: Robinson,[/italic] which started on Sweden's STV in 1997 and is still on the air (now called simply [italic]Robinson [/italic]). It seems quaint and polite by today's cutthroat standards, but the first castaway voted off was so traumatized that he committed suicide before the premiere. His widow urged STV to cancel the show before it aired, but the ensuing controversy turned it into must-see TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2021 8:08 AM

You don’t have to be politically conservative, R41, to be weary of the emphasis on such wokeness on a reality competition show.

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2021 9:43 AM

Jeff said “so how are you guys feeling on day five ?”

Cancel him. And the show.

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2021 2:31 AM

Thankfully Xander and his meaty nips survive to see another day

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2021 10:01 PM

There’s no eye candy at all this season. I guess they cast Xander for that, but he does nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2021 1:45 AM

I can’t believe those women protected that fat bitch who basically gave up on that challenge, but at least Xander and his nips survived. The surgeon they got rid of was at least somewhat attractive, now there’s even less eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 47October 1, 2021 1:59 AM

It was a stupid, emotional move to not vote Xander out. The lesbian made a huge mistake by not insisting on running the girl squad vote. She had all the information and allowed herself to be talked out of the best decision, voting out a strong player with TWO known advantages. Black girl and fat mom are a duo and will vote lesbian out when it comes down to it. Lesbian was a much more natural duo with neurosurgeon.

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2021 2:32 AM

I thought Evvie was smart. I hope that tribe tanks now.

by Anonymousreply 49October 1, 2021 2:36 AM

This thread is dead and I just now realized I never watched this week's Survivor. I guess it's not just me who's lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2021 11:45 PM

I'm skipping this season and watching Australian Survivor instead on Paramount+, which is totally unwoke, practically free of producers' twists w/eye candy to boot

by Anonymousreply 51October 3, 2021 1:13 AM

Oh R51 that’s a great idea

by Anonymousreply 52October 3, 2021 1:24 AM

I just watched the first 2 episodes. I've been watching Survivor faithfully since season 2 (I wasn't even really aware of season 1 until I somehow stumbled onto the season finale episode), and without question this is shaping up to be the worst season ever, by far. The producers really fucked up this season with casting these mostly awful and boring contestants, and the excessive "social experiment" and "wokeness" messaging. And the whole issue about no longer using the universally-accepted term for a group of mixed gender people, i.e., "guys"?? FFS. By the way, the challenge immunity idols always look like tribal males. That's so fucking sexist!!

by Anonymousreply 53October 3, 2021 4:52 AM

In general, ever since Jeff Probst wrested more control over the production of the show (as Executive Producer), the quality has suffered. It used to be more about surviving the elements and more exploration of cultural themes. Seasons used to be named after the different locations they were filming in.

Now it's just gimmick after gimmick and hidden immunity idols.

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2021 4:59 AM

Come on in, guys!

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2021 7:56 AM

I think Jeff should say, "Come on in, guys and dolls"

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2021 2:34 PM

He should say, "Come on in, y'all"

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2021 2:36 PM

After Covid, they should return to picking a new place and teaching viewers about the culture. Maybe somewhere in South America for a change? Ease up on the stupid gimmicks.

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2021 2:42 PM

The cast seems to be deliberately ugly. This is production's way of reducing the chances of another sexual harassment scandal. People are saying Xander is hot but his horse face is mediocre, at best.

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2021 3:10 PM

I think they stopped moving around as Australia became their home away fro home base. Burnett knows the country and it was easy to use as a clearing house for all the sets and games and equipment. I bet most of the crew is Australian.

by Anonymousreply 60October 3, 2021 4:22 PM

WHET the food challenges where they are all the local disgusting food for a reward? Why was that eliminated?

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2021 3:48 AM

From Evvie's bio:

[quote]Pet Peeves: Men. Not all men, but I cannot stand machismo and man-splainers - anything like that drives me insane. [In grad school] I deal with A LOT of know-it-all male energy, and it's a lot. Back when I dated men, I once broke up with a guy because we were on a trip to Budapest and he kept pronouncing it "Budah-pesht" to prove how smart and worldly he was, and it was the biggest turnoff. I broke up with him literally 30 minutes after we got back from the trip.

This is what she chooses to put on her public bio. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2021 4:01 AM

Evvie has always liked eating snatch.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2021 9:38 AM

R62 She looks like a man. An ugly one.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2021 9:41 AM

[quote]The use of the word “guys” to denote both male and female has been around for many decades. It doesn’t negate, or promote, either gender.

Only men think this. Do men feel included in 'gals'? There is a ton of this kind of language all over the world and it shapes perception. There is also no reason to use the word 'mankind' when the word 'humankind' is available. It is inherent sexism. Just because it's been around forever doesn't make it acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2021 10:14 AM

You sound annoying R65

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2021 10:30 AM

Evvie is the type of man that she claims to not be able to stand.

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2021 12:38 PM

I’d rather be type of man who mansplains things than the type of lesbian who acts against her own self-interest because she’s hypnotized by some straight girl’s tits, which is what appears happened in this case.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2021 12:44 PM

If Jeff was bothered by the "Come on in Guys" phrase he could have dropped the guys part on his own, without trying to show the world how woke he was. It didn't bother me with Jeff saying it, not saying it doesn't bother me either. People are just too interested in being outraged about meaningless shit today.

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2021 12:47 PM

I wish a gay male contestant would say his pet peeve is FRAUS.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2021 2:39 PM

Did Evvie get to touch the fat old fraus titties?

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]Only men think this. Do men feel included in 'gals'?

If "gals" were the accepted term for a group of men and women, and had been in use for multiple generations, to the point where no one thought twice about it because it was automatically interpreted to mean a generic term, then yes, I'm pretty sure men would feel included. You're using an apples and oranges comparison. To suddenly introduce "gals" as a generic term and then compare it to "guys", whose universal application has been around for generations, is unfair. I do think it's a good thing to re-evaluate its usage in this day and age, but to turn this into some incredibly vital topic of wokism, as Survivor has, is a bit much and does a disservice to much more important issues of equality.

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2021 4:05 PM

Another problem regarding guys that I noticed when I moved from NJ to Florida (I've since moved back): people in the south don't use the term guys to include everyone, they say y'all. They would look at me like I was an asshole for saying guys. This was in 1996. And I am female.

by Anonymousreply 73October 5, 2021 7:42 PM

R72, you do realize that the world has been fucking sexist forever, right? That's not an excuse to continue it. Do you still call black people negroes?

by Anonymousreply 74October 6, 2021 3:45 AM

R72 You're on the wrong forum if you think people care what you think, FRAU

by Anonymousreply 75October 6, 2021 5:07 AM

Same old cliche buttshit soundbites that have been said, over and over, for 20 years! I can't stand this show. It's the same thing over and over, year after year, and the viewers continue to tune in!!! WHY???

This brand is dead. CBS, come up with something new! Bravo, come up with something NEW!!!

by Anonymousreply 76October 6, 2021 5:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 6, 2021 6:21 AM

The fact that episode 3 is tonight, and this thread is only at 78 replies, and ‘guys’ is the biggest topic of debate says something about this season.

by Anonymousreply 78October 6, 2021 8:56 AM

Still doing well ratings-wise, relative to the precipitous drop all network shows have experienced:

During premiere week, only five entertainment shows — The Simpsons (1.18), Fox’s The Masked Singer (1.11), the two episodes of The Voice (1.09 Tuesday, 1.08 Monday) and CBS’ Survivor (1.06) — broke the 1.0 mark in adults 18-49 on their airdates.

by Anonymousreply 79October 6, 2021 11:13 AM

Yes, the show is still doing well. Especially considering how long it's been on. It's also relatively cheap to produce, so unless the ratings drop big time, the show isn't being canceled anytime soon.

The show has a very loyal fan base. I've been tempted to stop watching a few times in the past, but could never give the show up. I can't remember any season being as lackluster as this one though. Hopefully things pick up. Not sure if stick with it to the bitter end if it at least doesn't pick up a little bit soon.

by Anonymousreply 80October 6, 2021 3:49 PM

I would imagine internal research shows that the cost to move locations each season won't increase the ratings enough to make it worthwhile. In other words the core fans at this point only care about the "Game" and not the location.

by Anonymousreply 81October 6, 2021 5:33 PM

I don't know what's more annoying, this season or this thread about this season.

by Anonymousreply 82October 6, 2021 5:50 PM

Just finished watching last week's episode. I'm so glad Xander survived. I'd have little reason to watch this season without him. I find Brad to be the only other attractive man.

by Anonymousreply 83October 6, 2021 11:24 PM

I'm biting the bullet and starting Australian survivor. Fuck this season of American survivor.

by Anonymousreply 84October 6, 2021 11:36 PM

Wokeism kills everything it touches.

by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2021 12:08 AM

Fuck. I want Xander bad. He's exactly my type.

Tiffany is useless but doesn't think she is.

by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2021 2:43 AM

I can't stand Sydney, the whiny-voiced, bitchy law student.

by Anonymousreply 87October 7, 2021 7:28 AM

So many of these “twists” end up being such duds. The three go play that tarp/steal a vote game. Two put tarp and Brad gets the vote, but can’t vote this tribal and is voted out before he can use any of his advantages.

What happens to his broccoli idol now? Those phrases are so stupid and at this rate the idol will never be put together to use.

They need a swap or a merge soon to mix things up.

by Anonymousreply 88October 7, 2021 1:12 PM

Is there a way to watch Australian Survivor without paying for. Paramount +?

by Anonymousreply 89October 7, 2021 2:35 PM

It's pretty obvious from the editing that Tiffany, JD and Shan are all going to go far in the game.

I agree that the twists are a bust this season. And yes, they need to at least merge into two tribes already.

by Anonymousreply 90October 7, 2021 4:44 PM

I like Shan. She's an astute player.

by Anonymousreply 91October 7, 2021 4:49 PM

R89 - you get a week free trial. Just cancel before the week is done. Otherwise $4.99 a month.

by Anonymousreply 92October 7, 2021 5:17 PM

r89 Here is a link to all Australian Survivor Season 8 episodes. They are stored in Google Drive, you can watch each episode streaming or download if you prefer. High quality video. It's a great season, better than US version so enjoy! drive.google.com/drive/folders/10jFE-2lb26OtWlgq9t6QaN_s0UJAMV2Q?usp=sharing

by Anonymousreply 93October 7, 2021 5:35 PM

I like Shan too, R91. She’s great.

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2021 6:04 PM

These people are so lame they literally have to leave the advantages right under their feet.

by Anonymousreply 95October 8, 2021 9:12 PM

The old fat lady is useless.

by Anonymousreply 96October 9, 2021 4:14 PM

^Tiffany, 'the old fat lady,' was serving some Melissa McCarthy comedic realness on that rope course.

by Anonymousreply 97October 10, 2021 7:48 PM

R93 you're right, Australian Survivor is great. I'm surprised how similar the host is to Jeff Probst. It's like he spent time studying Probst's speech patterns. I'm surprised that within the show they call it 'Australian Survivor'. I thought each country's version would just be called Survivor.

Are there any other English-language versions you can recommend?

by Anonymousreply 98October 10, 2021 11:15 PM

Folks that are watching AUS Survivor - which seasons are worth watching in terms of game play & eye candy?

by Anonymousreply 99October 10, 2021 11:43 PM

When talking about "eye candy", I immediately think of Robbie from AUS Survivor: Champions vs. Challengers (2018). Easily one of the hottest contestants on any iteration of Survivor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 11, 2021 5:33 AM

Thanks for suggesting Australian Survivor. I decided to check it out on Paramount +.

Watching the first season they have right now, which is the second Champions vs. Contenders. I was a bit confused at first because I thought the Champions were all former Australian Survivor winners, but now get that it's one former winner and the other champions are supposed to be the tops in their fields.

The eye candy factor is definitely a plus as well - Matt on the contenders side and Sean too.

I do think it's funny to hear how much of Jeff's 'patter' is scripted for the host of the Australian version. Definitely feels like Survivor should.

by Anonymousreply 101October 12, 2021 11:15 AM

R101,

I'm watching Champions vs. Contenders too. I too was confused at first about the term "Champions".

The eye candy is aplenty in this season. The top five for me are:

1. Shaun

2. Simon

3. Matt

4. David

5. Harry. Not a typical hunk, but his devious smile is sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 102October 12, 2021 12:45 PM

This episode had a fantastic tribal. JD being blindsided was great. Shan really is a fun player to watch. I can’t believe she convinced JD to give her his advantage before voting him out.

I did not understand why the blue team tried so hard to throw the challenge. What advantage is there going to tribal before a merge?

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2021 12:08 AM

Where are the swinging dicks?

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2021 12:11 AM

I like the cast for this season of Survivor. Zero eye candy but lots of big personalities.

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2021 12:20 AM

I'm glad Genie survived. She looks like someone who's had a rough go of life and could probably use the extra cash.

I liked JD, too, but poor boy -- he just wasn't very good at this game. Savage move from Shan!

by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2021 4:52 PM

You just know what sex like JD would be like. He’s be narrating it, saying how amazing he is at it, and the poor girl would be rolling her eyes and praying for him to finish.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2021 5:00 PM

Girl?

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2021 8:52 PM

R108, heh. Good point.

JD gushed quite lovingly about previous Survivor hunks like Ozzy and Malcolm. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2021 8:58 PM

JD is so irritating. Has the personality of a loudmouth nerdy 13 year old who never shuts the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2021 9:00 PM

I kind of hope Erika survives the trio who is looking to get her out, but I think that's mainly because I can't stand Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2021 9:24 PM

That was funny in his exit interview when he said, "At least my hair looked good." Oh JD.

Almost as good as when Sydney said, "And I'm beautiful."

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2021 9:45 PM

Why the hell was Evie swimming the wrong way?

by Anonymousreply 113October 16, 2021 6:31 AM

R107 lol

by Anonymousreply 114October 16, 2021 6:33 AM

JD is kinda annoying, but he's still very young, a bit immature and insecure. He doesn't seem like a bad guy though.

Ricard, Sydney and Erika are much more annoying to me.

Shan is a very sharp player, but the humming shit is very old already.

by Anonymousreply 115October 16, 2021 7:00 AM

That lezzy Evvie is a mess! She can’t even swim the right way.

by Anonymousreply 116October 16, 2021 9:17 AM

R103 they wanted Erika out before a merge because they think she will immediately turn on them once the tribes merge.

by Anonymousreply 117October 16, 2021 6:47 PM

I wish they would show a little more of the blue tribe's dynamics.

by Anonymousreply 118October 16, 2021 7:06 PM

Does Probst still share naked selfies?

by Anonymousreply 119October 16, 2021 7:24 PM

Who is leaving tonight?

by Anonymousreply 120October 21, 2021 1:06 AM

Wow. Ricard really showed his lack of coordination/athleticism at the challenge. Looked like the stereotypical gay kid in gym class.

by Anonymousreply 121October 21, 2021 1:30 AM

Worst season ever.

Watch Australian survivor on paramount plus. The men are handsome and it’s shot beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 122October 21, 2021 1:56 AM

The first 3 seasons were out of this world great. It was compelling and riveting. Yes MARY. But it was.

by Anonymousreply 123October 21, 2021 2:00 AM

Ricard lost me when he objected to ‘come on in guys’. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 124October 21, 2021 2:01 AM

Poor Genie. I wanted her to go further, but poor 'ol gal wasn't made for this game.

by Anonymousreply 125October 21, 2021 9:21 AM

I can't stand Ricard, but it was extremely obvious Genie was going.

They waited way too long to have tribial merge or switch this season.

by Anonymousreply 126October 21, 2021 10:07 AM

Just finished Australian Survivor Champs vs. Contenders 2 on Paramount +. What a season! Beautiful people - even the older folks were all attractive, good Aussie genes, beautiful scenery and camera work.

Great challenges - exciting too. The challenge where they had to see who could swim longer against the river current - simple but so exciting.

Great cast - David, The Godmother....but I think Dirty Harry is my favorite - would love to watch him go up against some American players.

Highly recommend it if you have access to Paramount. Everything that feels missing from this season of Survivor is there.

by Anonymousreply 127October 21, 2021 10:31 AM

I’m with you, R34.

I know it’s tedious when Trump is inserted into any and every damn thread, but doing so here is actually relevant.

Why? Why? WHY? are any of you putting money into the pockets of this piece of shit British TV producer that not only normalized Trump, but withheld tapes that would most likely have swayed on the fence voters and threatened anyone that worked on any of his shows from doing so.

Fuck Mark Burnett. He aimed Trump at the US like a fucking weapon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 21, 2021 10:55 AM

R128, not everyone agrees on how far you should take rejection of Trump, I hate the bastard and if me not watching Survivor would make him and Burnett forever go away I would do it, but boycotts seldom work and if I boycotted everything that was involved with promoting Trump/Burnett/Republicans I would have to boycott, CBS, NBC, AT&T, United Healthcare and so many companies I couldn't count them all. Nearly every major company worked with the Trump administration to get what those companies wanted.

I have watched Survivor and have seen every episode of every season since it began, long before The Apprentice was ever an idea, I enjoy Survivor, I am guessing you have never been a fan of the show so giving it up is nothing for you. I won't shop at Hobby Lobby or Chick-Fil-A or watch Fox News, that is my choice but I don't go around expecting the world to follow what I do.

by Anonymousreply 129October 21, 2021 4:37 PM

R126, I wonder what the 'never before soon' twist is next week.

by Anonymousreply 130October 21, 2021 5:28 PM

Seen not soon

by Anonymousreply 131October 21, 2021 5:37 PM

R131, lol, yes.

I'm guessing it's something like half of them will merge, and the other half will live on that Twist Island or something.

by Anonymousreply 132October 21, 2021 5:51 PM

I am currently watching Australian Survivor on Paramount, but it only has the most recent 3 seasons. Where can I find the others?

Also, where can I find South African Survivor without buying a VPN? The former contestant Cochran said in an interview that he was watching that one, but did not say where. I don't think a free VPN will give enough speed for streaming video.

by Anonymousreply 133October 21, 2021 11:00 PM

I am looking for first three seasons as well...if I can find I'll post.

Although Russell Hantz was on the first Champions vs Contenders and I could do without him on my TV ever again.

They are going to air a new season in February 2022, I hope they carry it on Paramount Plus as it airs.

by Anonymousreply 134October 21, 2021 11:06 PM

I'm in lust with Shaun Hampson from AUS Survivor CvC2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 21, 2021 11:25 PM

It's probably too premature to predict this, but it seems to me that Shan is getting a winner's edit. Or at least the edit of someone who goes far into the game.

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2021 12:52 AM

I hope they have an orchestra play that humming tune she does when she's voted out of the game. She's a pastor who lies constantly. Fine for the game, but I wouldn't want to be in her parish.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2021 12:56 AM

I can’t stand her so she’ll probably win

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2021 12:57 AM

I don't like most of the contestants this year, and there's hardly anyone who is eye candy, even among the women. The cutest I think was that guy Voce, and they made short order of him.

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2021 1:00 AM

Evvie is really keeping that weight on isn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2021 1:56 AM

I've watched all seasons but had to stop watching S41. I think the lustre is gone, and I got tired of the same crap being shown every episode - let's look for an idol. they're looking for an idol, I think they have an idol... and then to keep the weaker players?

After 20 years, I think I'm done with Survivor for good.

by Anonymousreply 141October 22, 2021 2:00 AM

I record it, then I go to Wikipedia and see who won, and then I watch the episode, fast forwarding through the challenges and watching the strategy, knowing ahead who is getting voted out.

That’s the only system that makes it watchable for me this season

by Anonymousreply 142October 22, 2021 2:02 AM

Of course I meant to say, to see who was voted off

by Anonymousreply 143October 22, 2021 2:03 AM

R137, yeah, I did not expect to like her based on the whole the whole pastor thing. But she unexpectedly won me over. She has controlled that entire tribe the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 144October 22, 2021 2:12 AM

I’m confused why the Asian grocery bagger didn’t roll for immunity. She was all about it later week.

by Anonymousreply 145October 22, 2021 2:19 AM

*last week

I have to say that I boycotted the show for the last three or four seasons because of Mark Burnett and his complicity in the Trump debacle but my partner loves it and continues to watch. It was more important to share something with him tha to boycott Mark Burnett.

by Anonymousreply 146October 22, 2021 2:24 AM

R141 - try Australian survivor. It’s glorious. Like when American survivor was great.

by Anonymousreply 147October 22, 2021 2:49 AM

R147 , is Aussie Survivor as PG-chaste as US Survivor, or do they leave in the swearing and not blur the ass cracks etc?

by Anonymousreply 148October 22, 2021 5:18 AM

They still bleep the F word, but shit and bullshit make it.

No blurring of asses either, not just the crack.

by Anonymousreply 149October 22, 2021 8:42 AM

Also the Australian survivor host Jonathan Lapaglia is hot. Much manlier than Probst and is much less of a presence.

And NO woke bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 150October 22, 2021 6:37 PM

Evvie has fat hips!

by Anonymousreply 151October 22, 2021 7:03 PM

Probst's cheek dimples are all one big crease now. One the first episode, it looked like he lost weight, but had huge muscles and veins but on otherwise skinny arms, which was kind of weird.

by Anonymousreply 152October 22, 2021 7:12 PM

R151, my hips don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 153October 22, 2021 7:23 PM

Yes, Jonathan Lapaglia is definitely nicer to look at than Probst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 22, 2021 7:23 PM

This episode did make me laugh. I love the two guys on the one tribe wanting to throw the challenge again for the 2nd week in a row. They're just funny.

And the slow mo on Ricard's poor sporting skills - that was funny. I also enjoyed those two vipers Shan & Ricard going at it - of course she was a former gang member! Now it all makes sense. And the moment all the idols were activated was good.

by Anonymousreply 155October 22, 2021 9:44 PM

I’ve watched the first couple of episodes of Australian Survivor, season 4. It’s much better than the current US series. Plenty of eye candy, guys in speedos, lots of aggressive wrestling in comps, it’s a gay dream….thanks Aussies!

by Anonymousreply 156October 22, 2021 10:46 PM

Here we go again. Goddam CBS. I am about to deprogram them off my TV.

"Segregate, baby! We got the numbers!"

by Anonymousreply 157October 28, 2021 1:16 AM

Racist R157.

by Anonymousreply 158October 28, 2021 1:22 AM

I’ve never seen this show VIVOR. Is it good?

by Anonymousreply 159October 28, 2021 1:28 AM

Racist thread.

by Anonymousreply 160October 28, 2021 1:29 AM

You guys are so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 161October 28, 2021 1:44 AM

So full of RACISM.

by Anonymousreply 162October 28, 2021 1:50 AM

Yeah, whatever, jerk those knees. What else you got?

It's a fucked up message and I would be aghast if white players said the same thing for any reason -- or would've been aghast, not sure anymore if this is the new playing field. I love the added "We deserve this after the year we just had" as if George Floyd's death should be anywhere in the same sentence as a black winner of "Survivor" (as if there haven't already been many).

Another show ruined not by Wokeness but by Fake Affected Wokeness, CBS doesn't care about this shit, only money.

by Anonymousreply 163October 28, 2021 2:02 AM

Mark Burnett's trying to start a race war on "Survivor" in time for people to point to by election day.

by Anonymousreply 164October 28, 2021 2:03 AM

I'd love to say that is absurd but I am starting to wonder...

by Anonymousreply 165October 28, 2021 2:09 AM

r165 racist.

by Anonymousreply 166October 28, 2021 2:21 AM

howl. If I was, I'd be in trouble since I live smack dab in the middle of one of the blackest cities in America. But keep spinning if it amuses you.

by Anonymousreply 167October 28, 2021 2:32 AM

Do you think Erika broke the hourglass or not?

by Anonymousreply 168October 28, 2021 4:34 AM

If she doesn't, isn't she in the group that goes to tribal council? WTF wouldn't she break the glass to at least save her a trip there where she'd be like 1 out of 6 or 7 chance of going home?

by Anonymousreply 169October 28, 2021 5:28 AM

I've watched the show since about the beginning, and this season is, so far, the worst ever. There are too many advantages. The cast is forgettable and unattractive by "Survivor" standards. Constantly bringing up their sob stories feels like the show is forcing you to like them without giving you a chance to get to know them first. The "Come on in, guys!" discussion was a tone deaf failure.

In interviews, Jeff said he wanted "new Survivor" to be "fun," but this is anything but.

by Anonymousreply 170October 28, 2021 5:41 AM

I met Jeff Probst years ago. It was when he was hosting Rock and Roll Jeopardy on vh1, before Survivor. Total doosh. He was such an asshole before Survivor I cannot imagine how insufferable he is now. He was handsome, I will say that. But the attitude was off the charts. My ex and I met him.

by Anonymousreply 171October 28, 2021 5:42 AM

There are so many ridiculous twists and turns this season, but giving an exiled player the power to completely flip an immunity challenge has to be the worst.

by Anonymousreply 172October 28, 2021 5:53 AM

Just read that they are currently filming the next season of Australian Survivor. It's going to be Blood vs. Water featuring a mix or past AU Survivor contestants, Australian celebs, and one Sandra Diaz-Twine.

by Anonymousreply 173October 28, 2021 10:03 AM

I may need to check out this Australian Survivor, because this season of our Survivor SUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 174October 28, 2021 10:40 AM

After this episode I’m done.

Making my way through Australian survivor and it’s extremely satisfying.

R170 nailed it. Worst season ever.

by Anonymousreply 175October 28, 2021 11:56 AM

[quote] In interviews, Jeff said he wanted "new Survivor" to be "fun," but this is anything but.

Maybe all the time off gave him too much time to think about things and to tinker. He is also too much this season for me.....shot out of a cannon...there's a smugness to him that is off-putting now....

by Anonymousreply 176October 28, 2021 12:00 PM

[quote] Total doosh.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 177October 28, 2021 12:11 PM

But is it fun?

by Anonymousreply 178October 28, 2021 12:26 PM

R174, if you're a fan of old-school Survivor, I recommend you check out Australian Survivor. I'm almost done with the Champions vs. Contenders season and it's great. No woke, pc bullshit. Plus, tons of eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 179October 28, 2021 12:47 PM

Last night's episode showed proof Probst's dimples were drilled into his face...right below his cheek implants. Gross!

by Anonymousreply 180October 28, 2021 1:09 PM

Is there a paid professional shill for Australian Survivor on this thread? We already got it the first five times you mentioned it!!

by Anonymousreply 181October 28, 2021 4:13 PM

lol it's just so good R181. I agree we are like a broken record, but the guys are so hot. Maybe we should do a separate Australian survivor thread so we can discuss them. Right now I'm lusting after Dave.

by Anonymousreply 182October 28, 2021 4:17 PM

R169, yeah, I don't see any scenario where Erika doesn't shatter that hourglass.

by Anonymousreply 183October 28, 2021 5:42 PM

I thought so too, R183, except her phrasing of her explanation in the preview for next made me think there's a chance she didn't. Although I know that's the point of the preview...to throw doubt on the obvious. I certainly hope she does.

I noticed that as well, R180! I specifically looked at his dimples because of someone else's mention of them earlier in the thread. It looked like he'd been shot in each cheek with a bb gun!

by Anonymousreply 184October 28, 2021 5:54 PM

The dimples look like that start at his cheek all the way down to his chin. Very unreal looking. As for Probst, I many times turn the sound down during challenges as he's incredibly distracting. I'm sure some of the contestants must yell at him to "Shut the fuck up, Jeff!" especially during endurance challenges, but it's probably edited out. Plus he's forever been interjecting stuff at tribal council that might reveal some secret which wasn't meant to be shared with others -- which really should be investigated like the old gameshow scandals of the 50s.

by Anonymousreply 185October 28, 2021 5:58 PM

I wonder if Shan outed Liana having a secret advantage in front of Tiffany for the reason of driving a wedge between them, and bringing Liana in even closer to her side.

by Anonymousreply 186October 28, 2021 6:57 PM

It seemed like a stupid move on Shan's part, so I was wondering the same,R186. Like she must've had a purpose. The more people know about advantages, the less likely they are to work for the person holding them, or worse, it gets them blindsided.

by Anonymousreply 187October 28, 2021 7:12 PM

Agree with r182 and some VPL that rivals Chris' snake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 28, 2021 7:15 PM

R187, yeah, the other part of me wondered if Shan just assumed Tiff already knew. Loose lips sink ships..

Poor Xander having to hoist those big mommas on his shoulder and then still losing the challenge and coming back all bruised up.

by Anonymousreply 189October 28, 2021 7:37 PM

Shit, R188, I had forgotten about that package on Chris! Daaaaammmnnn…

by Anonymousreply 190October 28, 2021 7:45 PM

Chris Underwood? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 191October 29, 2021 5:55 AM

The young players are really not good at this game. Their inexperience shows and they're getting eaten alive by the older, savvier players.

by Anonymousreply 192October 30, 2021 3:32 PM

The show still works for me on just about every level. I'm a sucker for the way it's filmed and the effective use of the music. I was really feeling Erika's devastation at being sent to exile island with the shots of her giant eyes and smile that has holding back tears. The only thing that bothers me about the show really is Jeff's incessant chattering and acting like this is some big social experiment...it's not, it's a gameshow.

by Anonymousreply 193October 30, 2021 4:05 PM

Jeff's play-by-play commentary during the challenge when they had to all climb up the ramp was maybe an all-time annoying high. I wanted to toss him down the ramp on his fucking head.

Did anyone notice one of the promos he did at a commercial break - his face was lit so brightly so as not to show his wrinkles and bags that he looked like a sheet of paper.

by Anonymousreply 194October 30, 2021 4:17 PM

Jeff is someone (in particular) who really should have just let himself age naturally and gracefully. I mean, he's the host of a show known for its harsh conditions in the jungle. Some grey hair and wrinkles could've added to a more rugged, mature look. Instead he now looks like a mannequin who has been botoxed to within an inch of his life.

by Anonymousreply 195October 30, 2021 8:59 PM

I just finished Australian Survivor Champions vs. Contenders, and call me Mary, but I cried when the winner was announced. I can’t remember if I ever did that for the US version. The only thing the Aussie version didn’t have was the Reunion episode after the winner is announced.

I’m going to wait a few days before I start the next season.

by Anonymousreply 196October 30, 2021 11:14 PM

Even though they didn't have a reunion I do like that they brought the finalist families out for the reading of the votes on site.

Almost done the next season - All-Stars. It took a bit to figure out some of the previous relationships, but another great season. Five of the players from Champions v Contenders 2 are back so I was glad about that and thought they picked good players.

by Anonymousreply 197October 30, 2021 11:44 PM

Thanks to whoever brought up Australian Survivor. I just watched the earliest episode available on Paramount+. It’s from 2019. It really is like old school Survivor, and the host is the Hot Probst. So much eye candy. The young guys are hot, sure, but I’m crushing on hot daddy, ET, the former rugby player. I don’t like the Olympic speed skater or Andy the “con man.”

by Anonymousreply 198November 3, 2021 4:57 AM

Another vote for Australian Survivor, I’ve always had a crush on Jonathan LaPaglia, the host. I just finished Champions vs Contenders (season 4), it was fantastic. Shaun and David are both breathtakingly gorgeous. So many physical competitions which usually means wrestling in tiny bathing suits. Season 5 so far has been even more hot men.

by Anonymousreply 199November 4, 2021 1:04 AM

You know a show has fucked up when the world would rather watch an old season from another continent altogether. I will be next, no doubt. Ready to order Paramount Plus for the Challenge reruns alone.

Watching the British "Bake Off" show on NETFLIX only emphasizes what is wrong: there are diverse contestants and you learn their stories thru their choices what to bake but it's not a contest to see who has had it the worst, no pity edits. Alas, a very American thing these days.

by Anonymousreply 200November 4, 2021 1:46 AM

^me too. Survivor is awful now, & the Challenge is my favorite show! They’re even on on the same night. One puts you to sleep, the other is riveting Tv.

by Anonymousreply 201November 4, 2021 6:14 AM

[quote] You know a show has fucked up when the world would rather watch an old season from another continent altogether.

The world? How about three people on DL?

by Anonymousreply 202November 4, 2021 12:26 PM

R203 Yes, the ratings are very similar to last season, so plenty of people are still watching. I love DL, but people really overestimate it at times.

This weeks episode was pretty good. Finally. Loved Xander getting one over on Liana. Girl, you are no Parvati or any of the other players you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 203November 4, 2021 3:40 PM

Liana really misplayed her advantage. Didn't she think Evvie and Xander were being far too transparent?

by Anonymousreply 204November 4, 2021 5:38 PM

Does Heather ever speak?

by Anonymousreply 205November 4, 2021 6:52 PM

Liana was quite stupid not to assume that Xander was playing her. She should have at least asked Evvie for the idol. Xander’s intuition was dead on though about the other tribe voting out Sydney over Evvie.

by Anonymousreply 206November 4, 2021 7:09 PM

Heather still being there is a travesty (I mean, those awful cheek implants…). I guess they figure she’s no threat but I’d be enraged to get sent home before her.

Thought this was a fun ep. For a couple of minutes, I thought Xander was making a bonehead move… why show that he has the idol?

Sydney can go back to modeling in the dictionary next to the definition of Resting Bitch Face.

by Anonymousreply 207November 4, 2021 10:17 PM

I started a thread for Australian Survivor if you want to stop bugging the people here and chat about it. (keep it spoiler free for now)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208November 4, 2021 10:51 PM

Lliana was way too cocky so it was nice to see her get played by hot Xander. Love the editing. She wouldn't shut up about how smart she is, but Xander somehow knew she would fall right into his trap.

by Anonymousreply 209November 6, 2021 4:56 AM

Why didn't they vote out Shan?

by Anonymousreply 210November 6, 2021 4:57 AM

It seemed like Xander and Evvie were overselling it and I thought for sure that would alert Liana to realize Xander didn’t have it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 211November 6, 2021 10:07 PM

If you are interested in watching Australian Survivor and have a VPN, watch the oldest seasons first. An annoying thing about having only the 3 most recent seasons on Paramount+ is that the contestants say things that are spoilers for earlier seasons.

For instance, one contestant named a previous season's winner during chat at camp.

by Anonymousreply 212November 7, 2021 3:30 PM

R209 I love him. He’s so cute and he seems genuinely sweet.

by Anonymousreply 213November 7, 2021 3:35 PM

Please take the Australia chat to another thread.

by Anonymousreply 214November 7, 2021 4:40 PM

Seriously, R214. Please discuss Australian Survivor to your heart's content IN ANOTHER THREAD.

by Anonymousreply 215November 7, 2021 5:36 PM

I want to watch Xander masturbate.

by Anonymousreply 216November 7, 2021 8:27 PM

This applies to Australia right now but also the US version as a general survivor thing - I love when jury starts and they bring them in one by one and you get to see the last person voted out all clean and glammed up and they do a close up on them.

by Anonymousreply 217November 7, 2021 9:17 PM

I did not think Tiffany would be leaving this soon!

by Anonymousreply 218November 11, 2021 3:07 PM

And Ms Probst is insufferable this seasoN!

by Anonymousreply 219November 11, 2021 3:35 PM

R218 I didn't either. Some spoilers on Reddit had her as the winner. I actually wouldn't have minded that. Liked her more than most of the other people left in the game.

Shan's game is really looking to be falling apart. It looks like they're setting up for her getting voted out.

by Anonymousreply 220November 11, 2021 4:44 PM

Shan is loathesome - what an exhausting unstable pain in the ass.

Love Xander and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 221November 11, 2021 5:49 PM

R220, I saw that spoiler as well and truly thought Tiff was going the distance based on her edit.

I started off really impressed with Shan's gameplay, but she's been a mess the last two episodes -- stubborn and unyielding.

by Anonymousreply 222November 11, 2021 5:54 PM

R222 She did get a pretty good edit, better than a first jury member gerts and she's the type (older woman) that usually gets ignored by the editors for the most part.

I liked Shan at first too, but the more I see from her, the less I like her. Last week on twitter she cast racist aspersions at Jessica from Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X after she made a post of players faces at tribal council and didn't include a person of color. Most uses thought she majorly overreacted since Jessica is one of the nicer and more liberal players and has never posted anything remotely racist.

by Anonymousreply 223November 11, 2021 6:13 PM

Looks like other players besides DeShawn next week are getting wise to Shan's bossiness. Usually people who assert themselves and act like they are the one in power get booted out. Hope this happens to the truly annoying Shan (with background music playing that annoying thing she hums!). Who would want to be in her parish after her constant lying and being so two-faced all season before millions of viewers?

by Anonymousreply 224November 11, 2021 6:59 PM

[quote]Who would want to be in her parish after her constant lying and being so two-faced all season before millions of viewers?

I would like to know what religion extols the virtues of situational ethics, as she does.

by Anonymousreply 225November 11, 2021 7:37 PM

[quote] I would like to know what religion extols the virtues of situational ethics, as she does.

Most of them don't extol it, but they practice it, sadly. At least with Shan, she's being upfront about it..

by Anonymousreply 226November 11, 2021 7:40 PM

I liked when Tiff extended her social game to the crew. That was funny.

I don’t understand what happened at tribal. They were all going to vote Heather and then they didn’t. Was that whole thing staged with Heather to catch Tiff off guard? I didn’t understand the vote.

by Anonymousreply 227November 11, 2021 7:51 PM

I though Heather was Tiff photographed with better lighting and makeup. I didn't realize until this episode or that last that she was a different person.

by Anonymousreply 228November 11, 2021 7:53 PM

Heather reminds of Caitlyn Jenner.

She is definitely one of the most invisable players ever.

by Anonymousreply 229November 11, 2021 8:05 PM

I imagine it always has, but I bet after weeks in those rainbow boxer briefs, Evvie’s pussy REALLY stinks.

by Anonymousreply 230November 12, 2021 5:23 AM

The little Lezzby really gets on my nerves....I have a feeling Survivor isn't going to be the last we see of Zander. He could probably make money as an escort in Hollywood....He likes antique shopping...Definitely gay...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 12, 2021 5:31 AM

I can smell Evvie’s pussy through my tv. It reeks!

by Anonymousreply 232November 12, 2021 6:58 AM

Xander's speech pattern makes him sound like he road the short bus to the island.

by Anonymousreply 233November 12, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote] Xander's speech pattern makes him sound like he road the short bus to the island.

I suppose you sat next to him?

by Anonymousreply 234November 12, 2021 10:38 PM

Why don't they allow wheelchair contestants?....Surely Cawthorne would apply?

by Anonymousreply 235November 18, 2021 12:14 AM

I don't know how that guy Xander didn't smack that chick Liana when she asked him to give her his hidden immunity idol, cause he has immunity from the vote tonight and she says she just wanted "to hold it to confirm to her that he wouldn't play it". I think that she was trying "pretty girl logic" - that a good looking female can get what she wants from a guy just because....

It was nice when he shot her down and she just looked like "whaaaa?".

by Anonymousreply 236November 18, 2021 12:50 AM

you don't have to be especially pretty to use pretty girl logic

by Anonymousreply 237November 18, 2021 12:57 AM

Dang, I was hoping Liana would be voted out. I think Xander wished he'd played his idol.

by Anonymousreply 238November 18, 2021 4:17 AM

Up until tonight, Xander has been pretty savvy about how the vote was going. Sorry to see him screw up this time. Not that I particularly liked Evvie, but Liana is a much bigger threat/bitch.

by Anonymousreply 239November 18, 2021 6:01 AM

Evvy looked like a girl who transitioned and became a guy and then transitioned back to being a girl again. No Joke.

by Anonymousreply 240November 18, 2021 6:35 AM

Evvy’s snatch reeks!

by Anonymousreply 241November 18, 2021 5:55 PM

Liana makes me want to feed her apples.

by Anonymousreply 242November 18, 2021 6:29 PM

Liana is the poster girl for resting bitch face

by Anonymousreply 243November 18, 2021 6:53 PM

Liana’s no bitchier than anyone else. SHE’S PLAYING THE GAME. Xander is smarter than people give him credit for and he’s a threat that needs to be taken care of quickly, especially considering that he wrote Liana’s name down at tribal council. Oh, but she’s the bitch? You racist queens do too much.

by Anonymousreply 244November 18, 2021 8:40 PM

Okay, Liana

by Anonymousreply 245November 18, 2021 8:59 PM

"Resting Bitch Face" is usually a compliment, means the woman looks crabby but really isn't. But what do we racist queens know? (Besides that you are a cunt).

by Anonymousreply 246November 18, 2021 9:10 PM

Can’t believe they haven’t gone after Shan yet. But Naseer was a good move because he was a strong player

by Anonymousreply 247November 18, 2021 9:11 PM

Spare me this ‘playing the game’ bullshit. Liana was openly saying about Xander that she “hate(s) his face” and “I just hate him” at the immunity challenge. That’s playing like a straight-up bitch.

Shan, who lies as easily as breathing, was cheering both Nasser and Xander on while not even being on their team for getting stew. That’s what playing the game looks like.

by Anonymousreply 248November 19, 2021 12:35 AM

Yeah, Liana gets on my nerves, but I think that's because she comes across as bratty and entitled. Shan -- with all of her messy qualities -- has been through some stuff in life and is at least actively playing the game.

by Anonymousreply 249November 19, 2021 12:51 AM

[quote]Oh, but she’s the bitch? You racist queens do too much.

Oh fuck off and die, you little gnat. As R248 pointed out, she made nasty comments about Xander that had nothing to do with game play. Can you imagine the outcry if Xander had said of Liana "Look at her face. I just hate her face!" while she was doing a challenge? Liana is a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 250November 19, 2021 2:49 AM

Liana is just jealous because Xander has an angelic face that people adore and she… has acne.

by Anonymousreply 251November 19, 2021 8:13 AM

Just when I was starting to think Naseer was kind of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 252November 19, 2021 5:12 PM

R252, I'm going to miss Naseer. Nice guy, but bad at the game.

by Anonymousreply 253November 19, 2021 7:13 PM

"David vs Goliath" is now on NETFLIX so I have been watching a few eps at a time -- and what a different show it was. So many likable players including two black men (Carl and Davey) that have impressed me with strategic moves and smarts (Davey may be one of the few who never spilled the beans to anyone that he had an Idol in his pocket). We don't need all the silly woke stuff or stacked decks or even sad stories, just good people and good players.

It also helps that it has major eye candy in Dan, Alec, John, lawyer Nick... I even find nerd Christian hot (and adorable, odd that he never came back for more seasons).

by Anonymousreply 254November 19, 2021 7:19 PM

I can’t believe that the black players are considering banding together, on the pretext of giving something back to the community after such a terrible last year.

As was noted in the big brother thread, if the white players tried such a tactic I’m sure there would be a strong negative reaction.

by Anonymousreply 255November 25, 2021 1:11 AM

I am not upset at all about Shan going home, she was just way too full of herself but she handled it with class.

by Anonymousreply 256November 25, 2021 2:06 AM

way tooo woke. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 257November 25, 2021 2:17 AM

The moment Rikard doesn’t win immunity, they would be absolutely ignorant not to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 258November 25, 2021 2:31 AM

Shan just couldn't rein it in. She had to push to get her way, all the time.

Yeah, I don't see Ricard lasting too much longer either. Causing the discord between DeShawn, Danny and Liana might save him for another week or two though.

Funny how Zander is seemingly off everyone's radar now. A challenge threat and has an (not so) hidden immunity idol and an extra vote.

DeShawn seemingly tanked any chance he has of winning tonight. I can imagine many would want to take him to end.

by Anonymousreply 259November 25, 2021 2:43 AM

“ as was noted in the Big Brother thread...”

Please, dear God, don’t start up again with your bullshit. We had enough of it in the Big Brother thread.

by Anonymousreply 260November 25, 2021 2:55 AM

This is the most boring season in a long time, but it was satisfying seeing Shan go tonight. I liked her at the beginning, but she got way too pushy. If she’d just chilled a little she would have lasted longer.

by Anonymousreply 261November 25, 2021 4:09 AM

r260, you are what's wrong with this place lately.

i didn't watch Big Brother this summer, although I checked out the thread from time to time. And I never posted on it. So you're wrong, but at least your comment was charming.

by Anonymousreply 262November 25, 2021 4:28 AM

WTF was going on in that episode? Endless weeping and wailing. Just f*ck off with that crap. Who wants to watch that?

by Anonymousreply 263November 25, 2021 8:05 AM

I've been on DL for 20+ years, R262, so I'm not exactly "lately." If you understood the communication dynamics of DL better, you'd get the context of my comment. It's directed at the repetitive trolling in the BB threads, not you as an individual poster, even though you may very well be that troll. That's not the point. You bringing it up represents that trolling. And addressing you is actually referencing that trolling. This lack of understanding the ways we communicate in this anonymous environment is "what's wrong with this place lately" for me. It's not at the level it used to be. It's become mainly subpar whining, mediocre bitching, and witless responses.

by Anonymousreply 264November 25, 2021 4:31 PM

I thought it was a great episode! I ended up with mixed feelings about Shan, who has a complex and polarizing personality, but like others said, at least she went out with class. Ricard and Erika emerge as bigger players.

I think Liana is put out to pasture soon.

by Anonymousreply 265November 25, 2021 4:58 PM

Xander is looking incredibly gaunt and spent. I guess it's true that the no-food really affects the young guys the worst.

by Anonymousreply 266November 25, 2021 5:05 PM

I don't think the editors care much for Liana. They show her as being dim whenever they get the chance. Like last night when Danny approached her to talk about voting out Ricard. They could've edited out her inept guesses. I think she must get voted out very soon.

by Anonymousreply 267November 25, 2021 5:15 PM

I loved Tiff and Evvie on the jury.

by Anonymousreply 268November 25, 2021 6:30 PM

Ugh. Hated Shan. So bossy.

This season has improved since the merge, but it's still really bad. The cast is just so lackluster and dull. The endless sob stories only make it worse.

by Anonymousreply 269November 27, 2021 5:51 AM

I hummed Shan’s tune when cunty Shan got voted out. Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 270November 28, 2021 10:39 AM

Shan was pretty pushy. I’m surprised she lasted that long.

by Anonymousreply 271November 28, 2021 4:46 PM

Funniest moment was when Heather asked what Shan was singing when she unconsciously starting humming her mafiosa Jaws -type theme. I couldn't stand Shan, who thought she basically shitted eskimo pies. I don't know why did called out DeShaun so much as a snake though. Also, what's the deal with Danny? No one ever votes for him to go -- do they think cause he's a likely millionaire from being a sports pro, no one would vote for him if they carried him to Final 3 or Final 2? He hasn't made any power moves either -- he's usually with DeShawn.

by Anonymousreply 272November 28, 2021 4:53 PM

I love DeShawn and his big titties.

by Anonymousreply 273November 28, 2021 6:16 PM

[italic]Australian Survivor[/italic] winner Luke Toki wins [italic]Big Brother VIP,[/italic] $100,000 for Perth Children's Hospital

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 28, 2021 10:43 PM

Go the fuck away Shan!!!! Great.

by Anonymousreply 275November 29, 2021 4:47 AM

Enough with Survivor Australia! There’s a thread for that.

by Anonymousreply 276November 29, 2021 10:38 PM

Tonight: If Ricard doesn’t win immunity then the tribe is ignorant if they don’t eliminate him and if they don’t, he deserves to win. If Ricard does win immunity, then they need to go after Xander to flush out one of those advantages he has or someone should Cirie his pretty ass. IMO, Ricard and Xander are the two best players right now.

by Anonymousreply 277December 1, 2021 4:34 PM

R277, he would be my priority to get out next, too.

by Anonymousreply 278December 1, 2021 4:44 PM

Shan saying she would have his vote at Final was a passive-aggressive move to put a target on him, even if she really liked/respected him. She's still highly competitive and pissed she got cut before he did.

by Anonymousreply 279December 1, 2021 8:43 PM

that "he would have her vote", that is

by Anonymousreply 280December 1, 2021 8:44 PM

r280, Shan claimed on a podcast interview that she meant what she said and wasn’t trying to fuck Ricard up but I agree with you. Remember, she told her girl Lianna not to trust Ricard.

by Anonymousreply 281December 1, 2021 9:37 PM

if Lianna and Ricard were the final two, there is no way that Shan isn't voting to give Lianna the money. NO WAY.

by Anonymousreply 282December 1, 2021 11:24 PM

Well, that's not going to happen, R282.

by Anonymousreply 283December 2, 2021 4:37 AM

I didn't know Shan has MS until she said so on her Ponderosa.

by Anonymousreply 284December 2, 2021 7:10 AM

Xander doesn't look "gaunt and spent" to me at all, he looks good still. He's got a lean frame to begin with and his face looks fine. Definitely routing for him as he's played a stellar game and shows a remarkable maturity for someone so young.

by Anonymousreply 285December 2, 2021 11:56 AM

Interesting how in spite of Lianna’s speech about race, which I thought was one of the best tribal meeting speeches in the history of Survivor, the white contestants, and dumb ass Erika, voted Lianna out anyway rather than Ricard.

Yeah, I know some of you racist self-hating miserable queens will have an issue with Lianna’s speech but, well, GO TO WHITE SUPREMACIST HELL!

Since Erika and the white contestants didn’t get rid of Ricard when they had the chance, he deserves to win.

by Anonymousreply 286December 2, 2021 2:37 PM

He (Ricard), could have played the gay/tranny card to muster sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 287December 2, 2021 3:07 PM

Erika could have said, "Hey, I'm a person of color, too, and you're not including me in your group".

by Anonymousreply 288December 2, 2021 3:55 PM

Same for Ricard, who is Puerto Rican, R288.

by Anonymousreply 289December 2, 2021 4:07 PM

This reminded me of the tribal that included a trans man. He was outed and it was very emotional and everyone cried. One young women said her whole world view had changed on trans perople. And then the trans man voted the young woman out.

It's just a game. Getting all emotional and profound about it is kind of stupid. Plus the black alliance effed itself by voting out Shan. Don't blame the others.

by Anonymousreply 290December 2, 2021 4:23 PM

I love Xanders nipples

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 2, 2021 4:46 PM

R286, I don't see why Erika would vote with them. It's never seemed like she's been a part of their alliance, and in fact, they've actively tried getting rid of her for several votes.

by Anonymousreply 292December 2, 2021 7:00 PM

It’s not about Erika voting with the African-American alliance. It was about voting out Ricard because he’s the BIGGEST threat right now to everyone’s game.

by Anonymousreply 293December 2, 2021 7:47 PM

I don't understand why, with 7 people lest in the tribe, did Xander use hie extra vote? Was it the last tribal he could use it? Otherwise it just seemed like a waste.

by Anonymousreply 294December 2, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote] Ricard because he’s the BIGGEST threat right now

I won't disagree there. It does look like they're considering teaming up to get him out next week, but who knows, the editing can be misleading.

by Anonymousreply 295December 2, 2021 9:08 PM

R294, I guess he wasn't certain that Erika would vote his alliance's way.

by Anonymousreply 296December 2, 2021 9:09 PM

Xander in one more week without haircut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 3, 2021 5:27 PM

I'm impressed that Xander would know who Monty Hall was.

by Anonymousreply 298December 4, 2021 12:26 AM

So "guys" is now unacceptable, but it's alright to talk about a contestant "dying"?!

by Anonymousreply 299December 4, 2021 12:28 AM

I thought the same thing r298 How did he know that?

by Anonymousreply 300December 4, 2021 12:28 AM

Who is winning this thing?

by Anonymousreply 301December 4, 2021 5:54 AM

My guess r301 would be Danny or Ricard, leaning towards Danny. I never get players like Heather, they always seem to exist to get the winner to the end and they have long since given up the idea of winning themselves.

by Anonymousreply 302December 4, 2021 3:16 PM

[quote] I never get players like Heather,

Heather is an odd one for sure. I've read some of the post-game interviews from players voted out, and it seems she was universally hated! I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 303December 4, 2021 4:11 PM

Zzzz . . . what a tedious, uneventful season

by Anonymousreply 304December 9, 2021 7:09 PM

Worst season ever.

by Anonymousreply 305December 9, 2021 7:37 PM

Yes, pretty dull season. I disliked Thailand, but can't remember enough about it to know if I disliked it more than this one.

by Anonymousreply 306December 9, 2021 8:22 PM

Thailand was better. It had more memorable players and a few trainwreck incedents that was semi entertaining at times. The winner Brian is probably a sociopath, but he played a solid game and was memorable also because he did some softcore cinemax type porn and even showed his dick in an episode of the HBO tv show Dream On (where he played a porn star lol).

by Anonymousreply 307December 9, 2021 8:41 PM

DeShawn is a fucking idiot!

by Anonymousreply 308December 9, 2021 9:01 PM

Xander and Ricard probably just made it to final 2/3.

by Anonymousreply 309December 9, 2021 9:13 PM

I'm actually enjoying this season despite the preachiness and Jeff's dud twists.

I think Deshawn just sunk his game. I guess he really thought he was getting voted out and wanted to create a fissure between Erika/Heather to help Danny's game?

by Anonymousreply 310December 9, 2021 9:55 PM

I don't think either Xander or Ricard want the other one in the finals and will do everything they can to get the other one out, and everyone else will be gunning for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 311December 9, 2021 9:55 PM

I think Ricard would beat anyone left easily. But he's going to have to win the next two immunities to get there because everyone knows he'll win.

Xander seems to not have the respect of the jury for his game play per one of Danny's interviews. He toned it down way too much after his play against Lianna at the merge. I think not saving Tiffany or Evvie is going to come back and bite him.

DeShaun is to way too reckless and rubbed too many people the wrong way to win. His bomb drop at Erika was stupid and only hurt his chances at winning.

Erika could be the dark horse of the season if she gets to the end. She's been shown as playing the game hard the last several episodes and doesn't seem to have any enemies really on the jury. If she's at the end with Heather, DeShawn or maybe even Xander, she might pull enough votes to win.

Heather isn't going to win period. She hasn't made any good moves and the jury doesn't seem to like her at all per contestant interviews. She's perfect to take to the end.

by Anonymousreply 312December 9, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote] Xander seems to not have the respect of the jury for his game play per one of Danny's interviews.

I don't think they've shown us enough personal Xander content for him to be the winner either. The most they've disclosed is that he eats a very specific paleo diet.

by Anonymousreply 313December 9, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote] Heather is an odd one for sure. I've read some of the post-game interviews from players voted out, and it seems she was universally hated! I wonder why?

Because she’s a white, hetero, cisgender female.

by Anonymousreply 314December 9, 2021 11:10 PM

Shan still looks bitter as a member of the jury and still looks like she hasn't gotten over it. DeShawn is playing kind of a nutty game, and got all emotional for basically having cognitive dissonance between being greedy to win the game and wanting to send a message of non-Asian/non-Latinx POCs togetherness.

by Anonymousreply 315December 12, 2021 9:46 PM

The Woke in the series is a disaster. I don't care about these people's feelings. I wish they'd all shut up. It's turned into the most boring season ever. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Heather wins and they announce afterwards that she's a transwoman. No one guessed that because she clearly looks like a woman and see how well transwomen can pass? Because transwomen are women.

by Anonymousreply 316December 12, 2021 10:35 PM

Really R316, you seem just a little over the top on that. Maybe you should be more concerned with your trans fats than trans people.

by Anonymousreply 317December 12, 2021 11:22 PM

Apparently Shan was still in game mode big time on the jury. Even Liana said she was in one of her exit interviews. She is still determined to get people to vote the way she wants.

by Anonymousreply 318December 12, 2021 11:54 PM

I think folks have caught on that Shan is an overbearing bully by now. Oh, she'll come up with some grandiose question probably for the Final Three (or 2), but I don't know how much power she has over other jury members now. Maybe Lianna, who's young and also for the most part not that bright.

by Anonymousreply 319December 13, 2021 2:45 AM

Shan is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 320December 13, 2021 7:04 AM

Ricard has been getting a winner's edit for some time, but Erika could pull it off if Ricard doesn't win any immunity challenges.

Xander doesn't seem likely to win since he hasn't received the sob story treatment, and we don't know much about him, period. The show would also be hesitant about having another straight white male to win after spending most of the season circle-jerking to diversity, inclusion and whatever else is trending at the moment.

DeShaun has burned too many bridges.

Heather winning despite having done nothing at all for the entire season would be the perfect end to this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 321December 13, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote] The show would also be hesitant about having another straight white male to win after spending most of the season circle-jerking to diversity, inclusion and whatever else is trending at the moment.

Do you think the producers actively seek to promote one contestant over another?

by Anonymousreply 322December 13, 2021 5:28 PM

Jeff Probst, exec producer, absolutely has favorites. Whether standards and practices are especially vigilant about him, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 323December 13, 2021 5:39 PM

Xander jerked off into the bushes according to Heather.

by Anonymousreply 324December 13, 2021 5:46 PM

So how do people control their sexual urges when they are on those islands for a month or so? Any stories over the years of hooking up either while on tribe or after they are votes out? With Probst and/or the crew as well?

by Anonymousreply 325December 13, 2021 5:47 PM

Xander could jack off into my mouth. Repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 326December 13, 2021 5:52 PM

[quote]So how do people control their sexual urges when they are on those islands for a month or so?

I would imagine their near-starvation diet pretty much quashes their libidos.

by Anonymousreply 327December 13, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote]Do you think the producers actively seek to promote one contestant over another?

Absolutely. Some guys always seem to find idols when they walk around; it hasnt been as bad this season though.

The whole stupid thing at the final four now where the winner of the challenge decides who they want to take to final tribal and then the last 2 people have to make fire was wedged into the game a few seasons ago to save Ben, the idiot hick veteran who had PTSD. Jeff was kissing his ass the whole season and Ben practically had immunity idols dropping out of trees on him the whole game and then when he was going to be voted out at the final 4 the rules changed all of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 328December 13, 2021 8:29 PM

I'm always suspicious about how easily people who are desperate for an idol, manage to find one just in the nick of time.

I'm so bored of this season. I don't care who wins.

by Anonymousreply 329December 13, 2021 8:40 PM

[quote] I'm always suspicious about how easily people who are desperate for an idol, manage to find one just in the nick of time.

And I'm always suspicious of posters who don't understand editing on reality programming.

by Anonymousreply 330December 13, 2021 8:54 PM

I read somewhere that contestants (ostensibly favored ones) can sometimes follow where the crew are, ever so casually, mind you (wink, wink) pointing their cameras, and that has helped some people find idols.

by Anonymousreply 331December 13, 2021 9:29 PM

Could they make it more obvious that Erika's going to win?

by Anonymousreply 332December 16, 2021 12:58 AM

If Ricard ad made it to the end, he would’ve definitely won. They made the right choice sending him to jury.

by Anonymousreply 333December 16, 2021 1:25 AM

Xander really can't read the jury. Probably a nice guy, but not very good at reading people at all. He's going to regret taking Erika.

I think Heather will beat DeShawn in the firemaking challenge.

by Anonymousreply 334December 16, 2021 1:31 AM

I bet DeShawn wins.

by Anonymousreply 335December 16, 2021 1:38 AM

I think DeShawn pissed too many people off to win and was way too erratic. His edit wasn't very sympathtic either.

I think Erika wins, DeShawn gets second and Xander third place.

by Anonymousreply 336December 16, 2021 1:45 AM

The jury was easier on them than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 337December 16, 2021 2:11 AM

Ricard was bitter toward Xander.

by Anonymousreply 338December 16, 2021 2:32 AM

Xander got 0 votes

by Anonymousreply 339December 16, 2021 2:32 AM

Erika played a very solid, low-key game. Not very flashy, but got all of the jury votes but one. Congrats to her.

by Anonymousreply 340December 16, 2021 2:35 AM

I would have voted for Xander to win.

by Anonymousreply 341December 16, 2021 2:37 AM

Next season's players make this ones look attractive in comparison. They better have some interesting personalities.

by Anonymousreply 342December 16, 2021 3:01 AM

Completely agree R340. Zander is a sweet AND delusional boy. Erika played a great game and she was spectacular during the jury questioning. I thought it would be closer and that Zander would get Naseer's vote. Maybe Liliana. Maybe even Tiff. The football player broke the game parts down into incisive questions and Erika answered them like a scripted defendant in a well written film. Low key for sure. Brilliant. Congrats.

by Anonymousreply 343December 16, 2021 3:02 AM

Ricardo did what a lot of gay men would do. He offered "additional" information to the other jury members questions. Can I just add to that? Raised hand. Once was enough but he kept getting away with it. He took his own finale time X ten to expose and denigrate Zander and praise Erika's game. Nothing wrong with it at all because nothing he said was a lie. But it was unfair for him to dominate the responses. Gay men always think they need to add on to what others say or ask. Ricard will definitely be back on Survivor. He must have known that he would have to go. I don't find him likable, but he was well liked obviously. A good player. Very aware of people and human dynamics. Zander proved himself to be very young and kind of silly by the end. He didn't get even one vote.

by Anonymousreply 344December 16, 2021 3:28 AM

Who voted for DeShawn?

by Anonymousreply 345December 16, 2021 3:29 AM

I wanted to see a cleaned-up Xander.

by Anonymousreply 346December 16, 2021 3:50 AM

Bitterness is not a good look on Ricard.

by Anonymousreply 347December 16, 2021 3:52 AM

I wonder who voted for Deshawn too. I was very happy to see that Erika won. I think if Heather had been in the finale three instead of Erika, Xander would've had a chance to win.

by Anonymousreply 348December 16, 2021 4:18 AM

Ricard's hair looked great. Tiffany should have been given some air time. Zander has pepperoni nipples. So he must lose. Who did vote for DeShawn? It sure wasn't Danny.

Very cool for Danny to be so clearly team Erika. He really did break the game down. Erika and Danny have a type of logic that I don't possess. She was clearly the deserved winner. But Zander - wow, they all saw him as so weak. A lot of editing went into us not hearing about how little a threat the others viewed Zander. They let him keep an idol for the whole game! His biggest fan was himself. Nice kinda dumb guy. Pepperoni nipples and a flat ass can never win.

Who voted for DeShawn? I'm guessing Liliana.

by Anonymousreply 349December 16, 2021 4:21 AM

I think that’s a good guess, R349. She seemed most down with the cause.

by Anonymousreply 350December 16, 2021 4:26 AM

Amazing Race is looking good

by Anonymousreply 351December 16, 2021 4:32 AM

349 According to Wikipedia, Danny did vote for Deshawn. You are correct in that pep nips = votes zip.

by Anonymousreply 352December 16, 2021 4:52 AM

Xander was looking more and more Nancy Kulp tonight. A little Joan Hackett too. Fucked up not taking old lady to final.

by Anonymousreply 353December 16, 2021 4:57 AM

Thanks R352. Loyalty to a friend is nice too. Danny still laid out his idea of a game plan and Erika sealed the case. If he voted for DeShawn....that's a real friend. Ha. Danny was so boring. Still waters run RICH.

DeShawn came across as cute, funny, trifling and sketchy. All his self acceptance and depreciation is real I guess. I think Shan was right about him. He doesn't have the integrity to be evil. He expected to be a shitty person and still be liked.

Xander and Ricard will be back. Hopefully Evvie and Tiffany too.

by Anonymousreply 354December 16, 2021 5:18 AM

Deshawn came off as a shallow and phony to me. A manipulative user.

by Anonymousreply 355December 16, 2021 5:35 AM

[quote]Amazing Race is looking good

So glad it's back.

by Anonymousreply 356December 16, 2021 12:36 PM

Was Xander a good player or was he "kept around" because of his looks?

by Anonymousreply 357December 16, 2021 1:13 PM

R357 No, not really. They just didn't see him as a threat.

It's funny seeing all the Xander stans heads exploding on social media. They all act if he was a strategic mastermind. Funny how a pretty face can blind so many people.

I don't really dislike him. He seems like a nice enough guy, but his gameplay has been overrated big time.

by Anonymousreply 358December 16, 2021 1:18 PM

Oh for fucks sake. One of Xander's stans started a gofundme for a million dollars. No ones cares enough to donate though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 16, 2021 2:12 PM

He's 20. Probst will most likely have him back.

by Anonymousreply 360December 16, 2021 3:28 PM

Maybe Sia will adopt Zander?

by Anonymousreply 361December 16, 2021 9:47 PM

Ricard's Ponderosa video confirms for me that he's not terribly likable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 16, 2021 11:19 PM

Ricard is a dancer with a pregnant "husband." How likable can he be?

by Anonymousreply 363December 16, 2021 11:26 PM

The first season of Survivor didn’t have much eye candy at all. There were a few sexy guys but not necessarily traditionally hot. Mostly, it had INTERESTING players. The hot players of the past 15 years have largely been boring and terrible people. I want interesting players. Give me more Sue’s, Rudy’s, Richard’s. The 2nd season in Australia was also great.

by Anonymousreply 364December 17, 2021 12:07 AM

R362 Ricard always came across as very shifty and someone that is very impressed with himself to me. He did play a good game though.

by Anonymousreply 365December 17, 2021 12:29 AM

I think Naseer was an incredibly interesting competitor and very charming at the finale. Tiffany could have been a fucking pistol too. They didn't show us anywhere near enough of her. Erica is boring, but she played a damn good game. I really liked this season of Survivor. So what if it was a bit WOKE and the finale was so touchy feely? They were drunk on pizza and champagne and camaraderie. Drop the 4, keep the 1.

by Anonymousreply 366December 17, 2021 12:29 AM

Ricards "husband" looks like cross between Zeke and Evvie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 17, 2021 12:44 AM

Oh Good Lord, that looks like a Halloween costume R367.

by Anonymousreply 368December 17, 2021 1:14 AM

I'd rather have a baby with Evvie.

by Anonymousreply 369December 17, 2021 1:18 AM

Not funny r368. I silently followed this thread all season but that crossed the line.

by Anonymousreply 370December 17, 2021 2:10 AM

That looks like when Natasha played the boy hip hop rapper on her season of "America's Next Top Model", albeit without the grill.

by Anonymousreply 371December 17, 2021 2:54 AM

Lord! No wonder Ricard always looked miserable.

by Anonymousreply 372December 17, 2021 3:00 AM

Congratulations on the babies, r370/Ricard

by Anonymousreply 373December 17, 2021 3:18 AM

Ricard works for Alaska Airways. He's got a right to marry the man with a vagina of his dreams. He didn't miss the birth of the baby BTW. He said it was born at the start of Pride Month. Aww. Little Zander. ❤

Shan must be one hella progressive black pastor. I have new respect for her after reading more about her. She had just finished MS chemo when she started Survivor. She and Ricard are not just game friends - they have become best friends.

I think Zander really is in love with Ricard too.

by Anonymousreply 374December 17, 2021 3:40 AM

Ricard reminded me of a young Terrence Mann.

by Anonymousreply 375December 17, 2021 5:50 AM

Or Tim Curry.

by Anonymousreply 376December 17, 2021 6:38 AM

[quote] Shan must be one hella progressive black pastor. I have new respect for her after reading more about her. She had just finished MS chemo when she started Survivor. She and Ricard are not just game friends - they have become best friends.

Glad to hear, but quite interesting. How did they get there from their estranged Ponderosa experience?

by Anonymousreply 377December 17, 2021 7:18 AM

Xander's very smart, but he needs to learn how to correctly pronounce the word "vehement."

by Anonymousreply 378December 17, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote] Glad to hear, but quite interesting. How did they get there from their estranged Ponderosa experience?

All the years I've watched these Ponderosa episodes, Ricard's stands out for the lack of comradery he had with his fellow jury members.

by Anonymousreply 379December 17, 2021 7:46 AM

R378 No, he doesn't. People that look like him don't NEED to do anything BUT work out and hold on to their looks. They don't need survival skills like pronunciation and spelling like us mere mortals.

by Anonymousreply 380December 17, 2021 9:31 AM

[quote]Ricard always came across as very shifty and someone that is very impressed with himself to me. He did play a good game though.

Yes, I thought Ricard was very controlling and often unpleasant -- so the fact he got so far is indeed impressive.

by Anonymousreply 381December 17, 2021 10:47 AM

Ricard is probably extremely insincere when he greets passengers on flights "Good afternoon", "Welcome", etc.

by Anonymousreply 382December 17, 2021 8:32 PM

Ricard gives off a bitchy diva vibe.

by Anonymousreply 383December 17, 2021 9:06 PM

Very shifty. And he lost me at the "Come on in, guys" discussion/kibosh.

by Anonymousreply 384December 17, 2021 9:13 PM

I'm glad Erika won -- she played a stealthy, understated game. When is the last time a woman won?

Xander is a cute, young guy who will be brought back (again and again). But at 20, he lacked powers of perception.

DeShawn was ultimately a goat.

by Anonymousreply 385December 17, 2021 9:42 PM

I think Xander actually looked more handsome when he was younger. He has a cooler veneer facially now, perhaps, but he was a cuter kid.

by Anonymousreply 386December 17, 2021 10:00 PM

DeShawn would think you calling him a goat means "greatest of all times" though.

by Anonymousreply 387December 17, 2021 10:02 PM

R387, lol. He was one of the greatest of all time social bridge-burners for sure.

I had a hunch Erika was going to win when she gave the quote about being a lamb turning into a lion or whatever. And then they named the episode after her quote. Survivor editors love to foreshadow that way.

by Anonymousreply 388December 17, 2021 10:41 PM

R385 Trumpster Sarah was the last woman to win in 2017 for the Game Changers season.

by Anonymousreply 389December 17, 2021 10:45 PM

R389, ugh. No wonder I forgot!

by Anonymousreply 390December 17, 2021 10:51 PM

I got the feeling Danny only voted for DeShawn so that he'd get second place over Xander.

Danny also said in one of his interviews that DeShawn had even more outbursts that were shown on TV. The editors could've made him look even worse.

by Anonymousreply 391December 17, 2021 10:56 PM

Liliana kept giving stink-eye looks at Xander throughout. Maybe it was edited that way though.

by Anonymousreply 392December 17, 2021 10:57 PM

R392, I think that's just her natural resting facial expression. I saw her Youtube interview with Gordon Holmes, and she came across much more likable there than at any moment on the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 393December 17, 2021 11:00 PM

Ricard isn't gay. He got a woman pregnant not a man.

by Anonymousreply 394December 18, 2021 2:23 AM

Ricard is queer. His husband is FtM trans. With a nifty little mustache and no breasts. And a vagine. So yes, we know. He's not gay, gay. Maybe he didn't stick it in? Maybe the did IVF. Maybe his husband PEGS him? Maybe Ricard is a top who likes pussy? He considers himself part of the queer culture. And he's so fucking pissy that he's GAY!

I think Zander is gay and/or gender fluid too to be honest. I don't think he is very attractive at all though. Just a gangly guy with too small eyes and nice smile. I think he had more than a bromance crush on Ricard. I couldn't care less.

I think Evvie would be super cool to have a baby with. As a gay man and lesbian woman. The old fashioned way. In a test tube with a contract.

by Anonymousreply 395December 18, 2021 3:12 AM

There's a Go Fund Me for Xander that was started two days ago that's raised $20.

by Anonymousreply 396December 18, 2021 5:05 AM

Her name is Liana, not Liliana, R392.

by Anonymousreply 397December 18, 2021 5:08 AM

R396, who on earth thinks Xander at 20-years-old needs a $1 million? He can start an OnlyFans if he needs the cash that bad.

by Anonymousreply 398December 18, 2021 6:08 AM

Zander is borderline homely with no body at all. He's not OnlyFans material. The person who started the Go Fund Me is no nuttier than the swooning idiot on this thread. Survivor has had some really hot men and cute guys over the years. Zander is just a tall healthy young dude. Awkward looking. Nice enough, but Ricard nailed Zander as "inauthentic." During his exit interview. There's a reason Zander got ZERO jury votes. He was acting fake and transparent. Every day. And probably didn't even think so.

by Anonymousreply 399December 18, 2021 6:49 AM

Xander surprisingly had lots of fans on Twitter, Reddit and Facebook that throught he deserved to win. They were crying he was robbed, the jury was bitter and some even claimed the game was fixed to fit "the woke agenda." Nevermind the several bad moves he made and basically not doing much after giving the fake idol to Liana.

I suspect many of them was just hot for Xander. I laughed when one poster on Twitter told them to get over it because Xander wasn't going to fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 400December 18, 2021 8:37 AM

No Xander played a very very good game just not a "great" game. He was very smart and brave throughout though he got a little cocky at the end in that he didn't see Erica as enough of a threat, even when Heather tried to explain that she was. And part of why she was definitely had to do with the wokeness of the season and the jury viewing her as a woman and ethic minority while he was the "privileged" white.

Ricard is the quintessential bitchy queen whether hes "gay" or not

by Anonymousreply 401December 18, 2021 4:48 PM

I was thinking that Zander would win the million, until he won final immunity, and suddenly he got very cocky and unlikable but I wasn't sure if that was just because he won or if that was his true nature. What is unknown is how pissed Ricard was at Zander not playing the idol on Ricard. I am wondering how much Ricard bad mouthed Zander at Ponderosa after that.

by Anonymousreply 402December 18, 2021 5:07 PM

Of course Ricard was pissed at Zander -- it showed in how he was building up Erika's games when he spoke just before voting at final.

by Anonymousreply 403December 18, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote] Xander surprisingly had lots of fans on Twitter, Reddit and Facebook

He's young, attractive, and good at challenges, which was pretty the same reason Ozzy and Malcolm became fan favorites, I guess.

As per his game -- no, he did not deserve to win. He made a lot of mistakes. He left former allies feeling alienated (Tiffany). He didn't play his Idol correctly. He wasted the Extra Vote. He also mysteriously gave other players false hope (Evvie, Ricard) that he would save them with his Idol before reneging on that promise. He also should've taken Heather to the end and let DeShawn and Erika battle it out in firemaking (especially after he learned that Erika can't make fire). A lot of rookie mistakes, but then again, he is 20-years-old.

by Anonymousreply 404December 18, 2021 10:22 PM

I like Erica. Exile made her game.

by Anonymousreply 405December 19, 2021 1:54 AM

I like Erika too. Her winning has absolutely nothing to do with WOKE culture. She is an accomplished Canadian businesswoman. There's nothing wrong with anyone being proud of their heritage, in her case Filipino. She is the first Canadian winner. That's the headline for anyone but people with race problems.

Heather looked more "unlike" everyday people than anyone. With her overfilled filled cheeks and lips and a face full of Botox. Give it a rest. Black people have a hard time in America. An all black alliance is not different that an all woman alliance as far as gameplay. Difficult to sustain. Liana gave a very articulate and insightful commentary on the dynamics of the POC in the game, during a tribal council. Off the cuff and from the heart. They all spoke, but she was most impressive.

One cannot compare the struggles of Ricard and Erika to black Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406December 19, 2021 3:59 AM

Except the days of one token black of each gender were 20 years ago. There have been MANY seasons with blacks "who look like her" and more than one at a time. It feels like those young blacks (women mostly) who say growing up, that never saw anyone who looked like them on TV --and they grew up in the '80s with a million shows already taking care of that.

It just feels a bit whiny. And disingenuous. 'Even the "They will always see a Black Woman" thing is pushing it. Nope, one day they will see an Old Black Woman. It's the same for all of us and not that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 407December 19, 2021 6:32 PM

Are you an old black woman, R407?

by Anonymousreply 408December 22, 2021 1:27 AM

R367, she does NOT.....look like a man.

by Anonymousreply 409December 24, 2021 1:55 PM

We watched it all except for the last episode. Something came up and we couldn’t get to it. We settled down to watch the recording one evening, balked at the two hour recording time and deleted the episode.

by Anonymousreply 410January 24, 2022 12:07 AM

You missed nothing. Anticlimax big time.

by Anonymousreply 411January 24, 2022 2:16 AM

I want Probst inside me. Quite deeply!

by Anonymousreply 412January 24, 2022 2:36 PM

Where are the Jeff Probst nudes? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 413January 25, 2022 5:06 AM

love to see jeff's asshsole wide open dripping juices....

by Anonymousreply 414January 27, 2022 2:57 PM

R413, there has been two nudes for Jeff circulating for 15 years or more. Just Google his name and nude. He has a big one, if they are real. They’ve been around a really long time so I assume they are.

by Anonymousreply 415January 27, 2022 11:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!