Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Horror Story: Double Feature - Part 2

Bring on the aliens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481October 27, 2021 4:04 PM

Link to Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 9:36 PM

This is an interesting picture.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 9:38 PM

The ending is disappointing

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2021 12:53 PM

Rabe disappears into the woods so they don't have to pay her for the last episode. The zombie whisperer wrap up wasted our time. Love Dot-Marie Jones, wish she had more to do.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2021 1:20 PM

Why didn't Lily Rabe get fancy Anna Wintour Pill Person black couture before the family sent her off down the street? Or do you only get the fancy duds after you find your fellow people?

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2021 2:54 PM

Stupid ending. Also, the previews from last week show things that didn't happen in this episode. A body on a gurney from the ship, and the thing the hook was NOT Adina Porter in the clip.

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2021 5:27 PM

It felt like it was the finale to an entirely different show.

The ending was way too similar to the American Horror Stories episode about the cursed film at the Drive-In. I had to think for a second if the two stories were a crossover. They're not - just lazy writing.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2021 11:07 PM

I watched all of Red Tide last night and this morning. I thought it was just okay. I always love Frances Conroy, and she was fantastic, and her hair was a work of art. It is nice to have Evan Peters back, and he was cute, despite the greyish makeup. I enjoyed his back story as sad, terrible drag performer Patty O'Furniture, who couldn't even be bothered to shave. Lily Rabe was underutilized. I have never hated a character on AHS as much I hated that little cunt Alma. I really would have enjoyed a scene where she was killed, but sadly, I guess she lived. The actress was very good at portraying haughty contempt, and it was easy to see on her face that the character truly believed that she was better than everyone else, so good for the actress. The character, however, I wanted to see torn limb from limb. Little fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2021 4:13 PM

So does anyone here live in PTown full time and ever see the vamps in the shadows?

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2021 4:17 PM

I could could certainly do with a lot less Leslie Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2021 4:23 PM

Has Kathy Bates been on yet?

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2021 4:35 PM

R10 I agree. She plays the same obnoxious character in everything. She has all the range of a dollar store squirt gun.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2021 4:45 PM

She even played essentially the same character on The Good Place.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2021 4:49 PM

Kathy Bates was originally supposed to play Belle Noir but because filming was pushed back twice due to COVID she had to drop out. So they brought Frances in to play the role and I am glad it worked out that way to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2021 10:23 PM

It's interesting that we all agree that ending to Part I sucked.

It was really awful. Downright stupid, actually.

This next part is only four episodes, so I hope they don't screw it up.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2021 12:18 AM

Unless I missed it, did anything tie into the previous seasons ? Unless part 2 ties into part one, then ties to say, season 2.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2021 2:04 AM

r10, I can't remember if I said this in the other thread or to someone in real life, but Leslie is really just a terrible Jennifer Coolidge impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2021 2:10 AM

And this half of the season was a total waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2021 2:11 AM

I agree that episode 6 was so contrived. I’d have been happier if it ended at 5. It occurred to me that Alma was Claudia from Interview with a Vampire, so I kind of expected her to have the same outcome, but I can see where keeping the child vampire alive is more 2021. What I really hoped for, though, was a connection to the blood drinkers in Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2021 2:49 AM

IMDB has the last episode of this season titled “ Double Feature/Part I: Red Tide”. My theory is part 2 is the movie Finn Wittrock wrote.

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2021 4:44 AM

That's an interesting idea, R20.

I'm not a big fan of alien-themed stories, so I'm hoping that this one will entertain me.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2021 1:12 PM

It's like they got to episode 6 and realized nothing made sense so they decided, "Ok the whole town is in on it", "the white zombies go away for the summer".

We get a whole flashback episode for Evan and Frances's character to have them just shot by that one note actress.

Made no sense that they would keep that kid with them. She was too uncontrollable and how much money would a violinist make an agent

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2021 3:19 PM

What happened to Lily Rabe? She didn't even get a "final scene."

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2021 4:02 PM

LOL, R20, that would be hilarious. The pill Wittrock's character took supposedly made him write one-of-a-kind ingenius movies. AHS has one-of-a-kind devastatingly poorly written scripts. So the theory seems exceptionally unlikely.

But...wow. The writing was abysmally poor this season and the finale was terrible. I cannot understand how the writing on this series is SO exceptionally, gratuitously terrible.

On the other hand, during season one and two of POSE, I thought it was Murphy's best-written show in many ways, and then it took a total AHS-level nosedive in its final season—and that got it nominated for tons of Emmy Awards. So if shit gets rewarded, shit's gonna keep on flowing.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2021 4:41 PM

I did not know until recently that Lily Rabe’s partner is Hamish Linklater. I wonder if he’s lording it over to her this week 😆.

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2021 4:46 PM

R25 Lily Rabe is also Jill Clayburgh's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2021 4:50 PM

So why do the zombie vampires go away in the Spring too? Did the townspeople make some arrangement with them?

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2021 4:55 PM

r27 It was something like they are attracted by the ones that took the pill so when they leave, the zombies hibernate

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2021 5:07 PM

It really bothers me that the Red Tide finale was called Winter Kills, yet they didn't use Winter Kills by Yazoo at all. Such a wasted opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2021 6:52 PM

So will Sarah Paulson's character be in the Death Valley story, or not?

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2021 6:54 PM

The finale doesn’t make sense at all and that pissed me. There are many other brilliant alternatives of the endings they could opt for in lieu of such shitty-written piece of garbage.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2021 9:07 PM

R22 what is the note the actress is known for?

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2021 10:40 PM

D minor, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2021 7:32 PM

Part 2 starts tonight!

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2021 8:54 PM

What part will Paris Jackson be playing? The alien?

I could handle Macaulay Culkin in Part I because he's a veteran actor.

But Paris Jackson has NO acting experience. Much like Gus Kenworthy in AHS 1984, it's purely stunt casting.

And we all know how shitty that was.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2021 9:33 PM

I want to see aliens!

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2021 10:46 PM

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2021 11:55 PM

Paris Jackson???

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2021 12:04 AM

Paris, Texas?

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2021 1:14 AM

[quote] Paris Jackson says godfather Macaulay Culkin helped her land American Horror Stories role: 'Overdo it'

To snag her role on Ryan Murphy's new American Horror Stories, Paris Jackson kept it in the family — both the AHS family and her own.

The actress revealed she reached out to her godfather, Macaulay Culkin, who's starring in the upcoming 10th season of American Horror Story proper, for advice in a new interview with E! News.

"They were very, very uptight about the NDAs and things like that," she said. "But I did figure, he signed an NDA, he's in the AHS family. I feel like if I could tell anyone, it would be him."

Culkin's main tip? To "overdo it at certain points," Jackson said. "Kind of, like, overact and kind of make it theatrical."

It seems to have worked. After word leaked that she would be joining American Horror Story in some capacity, FX confirmed days before American Horror Stories premiered on FX on Hulu that Jackson would be involved in the spin-off, playing a character named Maya.

In the show's first tale, told over two episodes, Maya is a classmate at the new school of Scarlett (Sierra McCormick), a twisted teen who moves into Murder House with her dads, Michael (Matt Bomer) and Aaron (Aaron Tveit). Other standalone stories featuring different cast members will unfold as the season goes on.

Meanwhile, not much is known about Culkin's role in AHS season 10, other than that he gets to wear a cool jacket and he has some kinky scenes with Kathy Bates. The arc of the season will be split into two distinct stories, one set by the sea and the other on land.

"I sent him a picture of my face covered in blood and then he sent me a picture of blood in his hair," Jackson said of sharing on-set selfies with Culkin while shooting the two shows. "It was cute."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2021 1:20 AM

Paris was in Horror Stories not this one. She was fine. The series was awful.

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2021 1:37 AM

Kaia Gerber is the celeb spawn that’s stinking up this half of AHS.

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2021 2:07 AM

I can't imagine that Kaya Gerber has even one iota of personality.

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2021 2:08 AM

My God...Maxwell Caufield looks ancient.

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2021 2:12 AM

Loooooooving it.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2021 2:23 AM

Was he the alien on the table, R44?

by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2021 2:23 AM

lol....he was one of the Presidents golf buddies.

by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2021 2:27 AM

So are the 2 guys supposed to be trans ? How else could they get pregnant ?

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2021 2:57 AM

It was pretty fun until the college rainbow coalition showed up. I love the hot Italian wife! She played Elsa Peretti in Halston.

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2021 4:52 AM

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. At least the two superannoying gay characters are incredibly hot with their shirts off.

by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2021 5:44 AM

[quote] Was he the alien on the table, [R44]?

That was Sarah Paulson.

by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2021 5:46 AM

Sarah Paulson gets a lead in this for two and a half minutes and a wink?

by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2021 8:27 AM

So, Nico Greetham took his American Horror Stories’ character account of Zinn on TikTok and turned it into a Cal account thirst trap with the gay ding sound. I still think he’s Ryan Murphy’s stand in for really wanting to have Froy in a cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 30, 2021 8:44 AM

I think the Ptown vamps are real. I went there once and I was sucked almost constantly.

However they drink cum, not blood.

by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2021 8:51 AM

[quote]So are the 2 guys supposed to be trans ? How else could they get pregnant ?

Did you see the original 'Alien" where John Hurt had an alien in him?

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2021 9:13 AM

[quote] So are the 2 guys supposed to be trans ? How else could they get pregnant ?

They're not "pregnant," so much as they have been implanted with an alien baby.

The alien in the 1950's said that their population was dying. So they're using humans as incubators for their alien spawn. I guess it's just reading as "pregnant" on the EPT test.

[quote] At least the two superannoying gay characters are incredibly hot with their shirts off.

I agree that they have fantastic bodies. The blond guy is good looking, but the dark haired guy is a bit of a butterface. Just like Darren Criss.

And there was a bit of an ick factor with the rimming/giardia reference. I mean, was it supposed to be humorous? Because I'm guessing that most people were grossed out by that.

And also lots of cum and top/bottom references. I thought it was a bit much. Like we know you're gay. You don't have to hit us over the head with gay sex references.

All in all, it was a good episode. I'm actually more intrigued by these aliens, than I was by the vampires in Part I.

by Anonymousreply 56September 30, 2021 9:35 AM

[quote] They're not "pregnant," so much as they have been implanted with an alien baby. The alien in the 1950's said that their population was dying. So they're using humans as incubators for their alien spawn. I guess it's just reading as "pregnant" on the EPT test.

Men don't have wombs, so where are the aliens implanted into them? In their digestive tracts?

by Anonymousreply 57September 30, 2021 9:42 AM

[quote]The alien in the 1950's said that their population was dying. So they're using humans as incubators for their alien spawn.

I don't remember that, R56. When did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 58September 30, 2021 9:43 AM

I think it was in the previews for future episodes, at the end of this current episode.

by Anonymousreply 59September 30, 2021 9:46 AM

That restaurant conversation between the four Gen Z'ers, was absolutely painful to sit through.

It was so vapid, and so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 60September 30, 2021 10:13 AM

I'm enjoying it so far (but I've said that about the start of every story). Isaac and Nico are sexy as hell, so that helped. The one girls teacher was sexy and I think you get a brief look at his ass if you slow the sex scene down. Kaia Gerber looks just like her mom, can't act like her mom but she wasn't annoying. The fact that Leslie Grossman and Angelica Ross are listed in the opening credits means it's going to turn to shit but so far I like it.

Maxwell Caulfield may look old but in person he is still sexy as all hell.

by Anonymousreply 61September 30, 2021 11:50 AM

But who is sexy as hell, R61?

by Anonymousreply 62September 30, 2021 11:56 AM

[quote]Kaia Gerber looks just like her mom, can't act like her mom but she wasn't annoying.

Her Mom can't act. That's why she made one big movie only. I wasn't impressed with Kaia in the Murder House AHStories episodes BUT she did really well here in this episode. There's promise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2021 12:50 PM

They discussed ass eating and giardia in this episode. Has anyone heard from the concerned rim team mom lately?

by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2021 1:30 PM

And what was the point of the girl being allergic to cum?

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2021 1:44 PM

R63 That's what I wrote.

by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2021 1:48 PM

Proof that she didn’t get pregnant the old fashioned way, R65.

by Anonymousreply 67September 30, 2021 1:56 PM

Couldn't the guy just wear a condom ? Does he have to cum on her tits ?

by Anonymousreply 68September 30, 2021 1:59 PM

How is Neal McDonough performance?

by Anonymousreply 69September 30, 2021 2:24 PM

R69 He’s fine. I love the black and white stuff. The modern stuff is awful. Terrible actors and I don’t find the annoying twinks attractive at all. I do find it fascinating how much Kaia looks like her mom. It’s almost eerie. Judging from next week’s show, I’m guessing the Eisenhowers/government are in on incubating humans and it’s a deal they’ve worked out so Earth isn’t annihilated. I think we’ll find out the entire thing is Finn Whitlock’s screenplay.

by Anonymousreply 70September 30, 2021 2:42 PM

Nico/Cal is sure pretty. Could have done without the Giardia/ass eating talk. Kaia Gerber is not bad, especially as celebrity offspring go. I’m already more interested in this part than I was the “Red Tide” one, which was a mess from beginning to end.

by Anonymousreply 71September 30, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote] The one girls teacher was sexy and I think you get a brief look at his ass if you slow the sex scene down

Is he a new actor to the Ryan Murphy stable? I like him.

I'm glad that this installment of AHS is using a lot of newcomers.

by Anonymousreply 72September 30, 2021 3:55 PM

Why do they have to make the gays gross effeminate stereotypes?

by Anonymousreply 73September 30, 2021 4:12 PM

So you can see yourself represented.

by Anonymousreply 74September 30, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote] That's what I wrote.

Sorry, no offense, it was early.

by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2021 4:33 PM

r75 no worries

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2021 5:39 PM

[quote] Men don't have wombs, so where are the aliens implanted into them? In their digestive tracts?

How would we know yet, honey? They've not said anything yet. They've just said all four of the kids are pregnant.

Do you think we're somehow sitting on the scripts for the rest of the season?

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2021 5:49 PM

I think they're going to have half of every episodes be in black & white and set in the future with Ike and Mamie, and half of every episode be in color and set in the present day with the sex-obsessed college students.

I'm pretty much on the fence about this so far. Neal McDonough is too sturdily built to be Ike during his presidency, and Sarah Paulson doesn't look old enough to be Mamie. it also seems unrealistic to me the Secret Service would keep letting Ike walk up to the forefront when danger threatens, like when he walked up to the naked Lily Rabe in the desert and put the jacket on her.

In the present day, the kids all are supposed to be at prestigious universities but they all act like idiots. It's extremely unlikely in this day and age a professor would risk his entire career by sleeping with an undergraduate in one of his classes (it's one of the only things you will get fired for if you're tenured and it's discovered, so it happens only extremely rarely any more--even if it does happen, he would have warned the Kaia Gerber character repeatedly never to talk about it with anyone else, especially her friends).

I will say, though, this is the first TV show I've ever seen not marketed to a specifically gay audience that had an extended discussion of ass eating and your likelihood of getting giardia from it. I'm not entirely sure this was the landmark the world was waiting for, however.

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2021 5:58 PM

Nico’s posted another TikTok of the four college kids doing a dance in the dessert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2021 6:00 PM

I found myself immensely enjoyed the first half while getting annoyed as fuck at the second half with all the acting and storyline. At the end I was shocked that Ryan Murphy would take Mpreg trope which normally exclusively appears in slash fan-fiction this far.

It is not believable, unrealistic, and unpromising for this season.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote] Mpreg trope

I don;t know what this is--would you explain, please? "Pregnant men" as a trope?

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2021 6:20 PM

R81 Technically yes. Mpreg (short for Male Pregnancy) is the term and/or a plot device in which men being pregnant is possible. I'm not an expert on this one but trust me it is BEYOND insanity—Mpreg usually references Omegaverse which includes heat cycles, alphas and omegas, and knotting...

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] Why do they have to make the gays gross effeminate stereotypes?

[quote] So you can see yourself represented.

Speak for yourself, please.

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] It is not believable, unrealistic, and unpromising for this season.

You do realize it is a TV show about ALIENS, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2021 6:47 PM

^even tv shows about supernatural stuff still need to make some sense within their universe, silly.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2021 7:00 PM

I'm watching the first alien one and none of you bitches commented on Amelia Earhart popping up.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2021 8:05 PM

I don't think Ryan Murphy wrote this episode. Maybe I'm wrong. Someone else look it up.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2021 9:42 PM

Remember that Billy Crystal Mpreg movie by Joan Rivers?

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2021 10:20 PM

Amelia Earhart? Oy, is this show dumb.

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2021 10:27 PM

Jesus, I just watched the scene at the saki bar. It was like 20 minutes of the camera circling a table with bad young actors talking about sex. Did one of Murphy's 20 year-old PAs write this part of the show?

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2021 10:44 PM

Junior did it better. I’m calling it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2021 11:24 PM

mpreg is hot if the guy is hot. i can't wait to see those two guys pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2021 11:44 PM

I said the exact same thing, R90.

It was cringeworthy, and painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2021 11:46 PM

I notice Hulu no longer has this current season available, so I haven’t seen any of the new episodes since “Red Tide” ended. Anyone know where else it’s available?

by Anonymousreply 94October 1, 2021 12:41 AM

Then you need to check Hulu again...because its there...all 10 seasons

by Anonymousreply 95October 1, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote] Jesus, I just watched the scene at the saki bar. It was like 20 minutes of the camera circling a table with bad young actors talking about sex. Did one of Murphy's 20 year-old PAs write this part of the show?

I wondered if it was meant as a tribute to "Death Proof," Quentin Tarantino's worst movie (and his half of "Grindhouse") that has a scene showing a bunch of young stuntwomen talking about sex in a bar for about half an hour with the camera circling them.

by Anonymousreply 96October 1, 2021 12:59 AM

Do Neal has any nudity?

by Anonymousreply 97October 1, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote] Do Neal has any nudity?

Yes, Rose: his Dwight David Eisenhower performs a striptease to the tune of "Zip!" from Pal Joey (as played by the US Marines Marching Band) in the fourth episode to help celebrate Mamie's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 98October 1, 2021 1:12 AM

Kaia Gerber is a Rachel Bilson clone

by Anonymousreply 99October 1, 2021 2:11 AM

Rachel Hilson is a Rachel Bilson name clone.

by Anonymousreply 100October 1, 2021 5:12 AM

[quote] That restaurant conversation between the four Gen Z'ers, was absolutely painful to sit through. It was so vapid, and so annoying.

Kudos to the script writer for accuracy of characterization.

Neal McDonough was a pretty decent Eisenhower but the real Ike would have cussed a blue streak when he missed that putt. Growing up on an Army post he had his whole boyhood to learn a Sergeant's vocabulary. They could have had some fun with that.

by Anonymousreply 101October 1, 2021 9:03 AM

Upside: Playing the president of the United States

Downside: In one of the worst-written TV series in history. Plus aliens.

by Anonymousreply 102October 1, 2021 9:07 AM

I was able to find all 10 series on Hulu tonight. They weren’t accessible two nights ago, I swear! Anyway, I gave up after the horrible intro to the first episode of current alien story. It was utterly ridiculous and Evan isn’t in this half of the season, so fuck it.

That bit where the husband comes home and finds his wife levitating — but doesn’t say anything like, “Honey, why are you suspended in mid-air?” — and then she explodes his head like in The Fury (1978)… it felt like it was conceived by a high school freshman. Just so, so bad. How could any reasonably intelligent adult sit through this shit?

by Anonymousreply 103October 1, 2021 9:57 AM

R103 Believe it or not, that half of the show was 100 percent better than the second half, which is in color, acted out by amateur young actors, two girls and two gay guys, all of whom are pregnant with alien babies.

by Anonymousreply 104October 1, 2021 10:00 AM

[quote]and then she explodes his head like in The Fury (1978)… it felt like it was conceived by a high school freshman. Just so, so bad. How could any reasonably intelligent adult sit through this shit?

C'mon, unclench, it was a homage to all those cheesy Martian movies of the 50's. All that was missing was the 3D.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 1, 2021 11:04 AM

"The show is terrible because it's a pastiche of terrible old movies! Why can't you all see that that makes it not terrible?!"

Because that's terrible and frankly an entertainment scam. A smart or insightful twist on something old is great. A poor replica of a poor original should be sold at the dollar store.

by Anonymousreply 106October 1, 2021 12:30 PM

I don’t know if I can do the rest of this season after watching the premiere of part two. The black and white stuff was good - very 50s B-movie.

The other half was dreadful. I really like Nico (since his SYTYCD days) and Isaac, at least aesthetically. Kaia Gerber is just dreadful and I am over having her thrust upon us.

And I am not up for a ‘dudes getting pregnant’ as some subliminal T propaganda which we know Ryan Murphy is all in on.

Might have to skip the rest, because some people are in desperate need of black pills - this is garbage.

by Anonymousreply 107October 1, 2021 12:45 PM

I’m up for shirtless Nico, so that makes everything bearable.

by Anonymousreply 108October 1, 2021 1:39 PM

If he showed the slightest bit of humility, he would be tolerable. He plays vapid narcissist very well...im sure its not too far from real life.

by Anonymousreply 109October 1, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote]Might have to skip the rest, because some people are in desperate need of black pills - this is garbage.

Might skip it? How about just do it and spare us your outrage?

by Anonymousreply 110October 1, 2021 1:53 PM

Oh, you can totally see that, R109. Douche-bro. And on him it works.

by Anonymousreply 111October 1, 2021 1:54 PM

Ryan R110 you already blocked me on Twitter, you can block me here too.

by Anonymousreply 112October 1, 2021 2:29 PM

Kaia Gerber is this year's Shelly Hack.

by Anonymousreply 113October 2, 2021 1:49 PM

Ryan Murphy is this century's hack.

by Anonymousreply 114October 2, 2021 1:53 PM

R8 thank you, that was everything and I couldn’t agree more!

Kaia Gerber has her mother’s hair, brows and coloring, but other than that doesn’t look much like her. She did much better in this episode than I was expecting.

If an alien can get to earth, abduct people and implant babies, I’m sure they’re capable of getting a womb-like structure in there as part of the process if need be. My concern would be where is it gonna come out., but maybe these 2 are shoulder-deep fisters.

by Anonymousreply 115October 2, 2021 10:05 PM

Since they already ripped off the Aliens franchise with the face hugger the gay guys are most likely going to be killed by chest bursters when they give birth.

by Anonymousreply 116October 3, 2021 1:17 PM

R116 Knowing how much Ryan Murphy loves to push the gross out limits on this show, though, I'm guessing the alien babies will come flying out of the guys' asses.

by Anonymousreply 117October 3, 2021 1:37 PM

Ryan Murphy is lucky that FX has already renewed the show for another 2 years because not a single episode has broken a million viewers this season, and the 18-49 demo rating is in the toilet. It's hard to believe that this show used to be must-watch TV for young people at one time.

I mostly enjoyed Red Tide, but that last episode was so awful that it tarnished the whole season.

by Anonymousreply 118October 3, 2021 3:58 PM

You do realize most of the viewership comes from streaming and dvr, right r118 ?

by Anonymousreply 119October 3, 2021 9:16 PM

And every commercial screams "Streaming next day on HULU" where is where I watched it. They are actually advertising to watch it on another channel.

by Anonymousreply 120October 3, 2021 11:54 PM

I'm not R118 but R119, with DVR ratings included the ratings for this season still don't crack 1 million.

Nielsen includes Hulu and Youtube TV in a special ratings system I am far too tired to pull. (I don't think they acknowledge anything else at the moment.) You can opt out of having your Hulu views included in Nielsen.

However, this season is still on track to be the lowest-rated season of the entire series.

by Anonymousreply 121October 4, 2021 4:40 AM

[quote] However, this season is still on track to be the lowest-rated season of the entire series.

It's too bad, because this is the best season in years.

Unfortunately, Roanoke and 1984 were the absolute worst, and chased away a lot of viewers.

I'm usually loyal to shows that I like, but lots of people aren't. You fuck them over too many times, and they will just give up on you.

by Anonymousreply 122October 4, 2021 4:47 AM

The days of thirty million people watching a show at one time are gone. Fox News crows they are the most watched news channel and they get maybe 2 million viewers on a good day. Between networks, basic cable, premium cable, and streaming there are hundred of channels.

by Anonymousreply 123October 4, 2021 10:47 AM

The housewife floating and killing people with a flick of the hand is boring. The entire first half, sans Ike, was boring. I enjoyed the teens. The vapid talk is exactly what you’d get today so it rang true. The actors are hot asf. One reminds me of Mark Paul Goselaar. The other is super twinky hot, too.

So far, this looks really bad. Red Tide, or whatever it was called, ended up being better than I thought, but those stupid acting vampires were unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 124October 4, 2021 10:58 AM

R124 The stupid acting vampires were what the season was about.

And it was terrible. I see people here and on Twitter saying it was a great mini-season until the last episode. I feel like I watched a different show. It was so dumb.

I liked the first episode and the second was passable, but then it became typical senseless RM junk. I love to have my imagination challenged and fuelled but this show was just so full of questions and silliness.

How did the graveyard vampires turn into mindless, jerky vampires and still manage to know to go to Billie Lourd to have their teeth sharpened and to be outfitted with trench coats with 80s shoulder pads?

How did the dad kill the couple who were making the snuff film and get recorded by their camera in the process without any cops who did forensics coming after him?

Why did the woman cop lecture the family that the town is safe and that the last murder there was years ago? If she was covering to make the town seem safe, then OK, but she wasn't; she walked right into the trap herself. How did she not know her own town was unsafe when she had been following up on all the murders herself?

What was the point of Sarah Paulson's character? It went nowhere. Is she a tragic noble figure because she killed herself?

Why 'Red Tide'? The tide/shore had nothing to do with any of it except that s few dead bodies were found there/people died there. The posters made it look like a sea creature was going to play some role but instead it was graveyard zombies.

Why did the agent want the little girl? She definitely would have killed her and kept the father, her cash cow, alive.

Why did almost everyone, including the father, turn greedily evil immediately after taking the pill, but the father later found his conscience? Why did Sarah Paulson not turn evil at all? (Besides that RM always writes her character as the noble heroine, robbing the story of yet more dramatic tension.)

Everything was so inconsistent and silly. Especially the shoulder pads.

Also, writing, painting, musical talent—OK, yes. But were we really supposed to be biting our fingernails as we waited to find out if Lily Rabe had s divine gift for...buying furniture?

by Anonymousreply 125October 4, 2021 11:19 AM

I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 126October 4, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]What was the point of Sarah Paulson's character? It went nowhere. Is she a tragic noble figure because she killed herself?

I have completely forgotten what even happened to her character.

by Anonymousreply 127October 4, 2021 1:33 PM

I can see why R125 hated the season.

I can see why R125 would hate everything.

This entire world probably makes no sense to you.

Because in your world, everything has to be perfect or it's highly upsetting to you.

I think it's best that you never, ever watch anything on television ever again. You will be sorely disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 128October 4, 2021 4:16 PM

There's this thing that happens on Reddit where people attack other people for questioning the logic of anything that happens on a Ryan Murphy show. "IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE SENSE!" "DO YOU NEED EVERYTHING SPELLED OUT FOR YOU?" It especially happens on the AHS boards. Well, the problem is that this doesn't really happen with other shows as much and some at all so maybe the writing just isn't good? Few people watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and thought, "Well this doesn't make sense!" every single episode.

It's so silly when people get attacked for asking questions or questioning the logic of an episode or series of AHS.

However, the stuff mentioned in R125's was mostly explained or implied enough so that there shouldn't be a question.

It's called, "Red Tide" because they had multiple images of bloody red tides from people being murdered and thrown or washing up on the shore. The cop just started working there! The father wanted to stop taking the pills, the little girl didn't! Sarah's character just wanted to be great once and didn't need anything further. She only cared about that. Not the money and she offed herself once she achieved that. She also murdered a man so not so nice. She also wasn't that great before that. That couple killed multiple people to make their snuff films so it's obvious no one was going to find the tape because no one was ever looking for them in the first place which is exactly why the father hunted them.

by Anonymousreply 129October 4, 2021 5:03 PM

R125 seems like a miserable human being.

The sort who is never happy or satisfied with anything.

And that's very sad.

by Anonymousreply 130October 4, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote} Sarah's character just wanted to be great once and didn't need anything further.

I thought Sarah's character only took the pill because she was trapped on the steps with the vamps coming for her after Culkin walked way.

by Anonymousreply 131October 4, 2021 9:36 PM

I think R125’s objections are all reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 132October 4, 2021 9:41 PM

The jerky vampires made no sense esp since they were walking around at all hours. Wouldn’t the entire town NOTICE them? It would have been scarier if they only came out at night and there were just a few of them. The rest being killed by the scientist lady not wanting them to draw attention. Don’t get me started on the teeth/coat thing.

I enjoyed the first half, actually. It was those stupid things that brought me out of the story.

by Anonymousreply 133October 4, 2021 10:48 PM

R131, She did. You're right. More like, she could have just stopped taking the pill after that one time.

Instead, she made her one great painting while on it, killed Culkin's character, and then walked into the sea committing suicide since she was done after that.

by Anonymousreply 134October 4, 2021 11:22 PM

What I wanted to know is what was the deal with the red house lights. Also is it possible to stop taking the black pill and go back to normal or are the blood cravings for life even after you quit taking the pills.

As much as I dislike Sarah Paulson, I really felt for her character and was sad that she died.

Leslie "No Range also the Poor Man's Jennifer Coolidge" Grossman played the same exact unsympathetic character yet again. Did she and the chemist become a lesbian couple and raise Doris and Harry's kids together? Also did Ursula take the pill? I know the chemist didn't for obvious reasons.

And yes, Alma was a complete and total cunt and I wished they killed her character and let Finn and/or Lily's characters live instead. So glad the baby didn't die.

It seems all of Lily's characters end up dying or are already dead. With the exception of Misty Day. I wonder why Ryan keeps doing that. Is it so she can do other shows and movies and not be tied down to AHS?

by Anonymousreply 135October 5, 2021 1:59 AM

If AHS wouldn’t go over the top it has all the elements to be a quality show. There were times during the first 3 seasons I found compelling and engrossing, then it would go off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 136October 5, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote] Neal McDonough was a pretty decent Eisenhower but the real Ike would have cussed a blue streak when he missed that putt. Growing up on an Army post he had his whole boyhood to learn a Sergeant's vocabulary. They could have had some fun with that.

The weird thing, though, is he would have sworn mostly using milder cusswords than what we're used to now, because people didn't start saying "shit" and "fuck" all the time as cuss words until WWI, after he had finished growing up (in fact, "fuck" didn't really fully catch on a cuss word until WWII).

That was the trouble they had with "Deadwood." David Milch, the showrunner/series creator said that had he been literally authentic to the period Al Swearingen would have sworn like Yosemite Sam. Swearingen had to use "fuck," :shit," "cunt" and "cocksucker" as cusswords for the series to get the effect of what Al Swearingen would have said back then but those words would not have been used.

by Anonymousreply 137October 5, 2021 3:06 AM

I have to say, I was initially horrified to learn Kaia was in this, after seeing her abysmal performance in American Horror Stories. I don’t know if she took an acting class or two in the meantime, but she acquitted herself admirably here. Not great, but not as cringe.

by Anonymousreply 138October 5, 2021 4:46 AM

R138 I think Jacob Elordi pumped enough of his high acting performance cum into her that it’s up her game. Hopefully it didn’t deplete any of his own reserves.

by Anonymousreply 139October 5, 2021 7:42 AM

I thought Jacob was gay?

by Anonymousreply 140October 5, 2021 10:57 AM

Only when fucking Tommy Dorfman.

by Anonymousreply 141October 5, 2021 11:10 AM

When do Christopher Stanley and Maxwell Caulfield get it on?

by Anonymousreply 142October 5, 2021 12:38 PM

Is everyone afraid to say no to Ryan Murphy? When plot holes large enough to drive a truck through are pointed out in writers’ meetings, does Murphy just shut them all down?

by Anonymousreply 143October 5, 2021 1:16 PM

Jessica Lange: Ryan, I can't do this anymore. I could drive my Land Rover through the plot holes in this script.

Ryan: Land Rover! That's it! THAT's the one vulnerability of the Antichrist!!! We'll go back in time and run him over with a Land Rover!

Jessica: The same Antichrist who has survived the apocalypse, poisons and an army of witches? A Land Rover?

Ryan: Yes! You're brilliant as ever, my darling muse!

Jessica: THIS IS HORSE SHIT! I'm out!

by Anonymousreply 144October 5, 2021 3:48 PM

I just stopped watching as it’s not good enough to fill up my time versus other shows or films.

by Anonymousreply 145October 5, 2021 3:51 PM

If you don't like the show, then DON'T WATCH!!!

You fucking ungrateful cunts.

by Anonymousreply 146October 5, 2021 6:12 PM

Why is Ryan Murphy so invested in helping untalented celebrity offspring find roles? Does he gain things from this?

by Anonymousreply 147October 5, 2021 6:15 PM

R146 Calm down, Ryan! We like "Impeachment."

by Anonymousreply 148October 5, 2021 6:43 PM

Please, no one likes "Impeachment". It has zero buzz unlike O.J. and Versace that won Emmys. This thing MAY get a Sarah Paulsen nod after a huge ad campagin.

by Anonymousreply 149October 5, 2021 9:05 PM

So is The Chemist one of those AHS characters that'll be back in a future season? I hope NOT.

by Anonymousreply 150October 5, 2021 9:32 PM

Only three more episodes of AHS left this year, and the bitches won't be able to bitch anymore.

Unfortunately, they'll have to quit bitching until next year.

by Anonymousreply 151October 6, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote]This thing MAY get a Sarah Paulsen nod after a huge ad campagin.

Murphy will 100% push to get Beanie nominated / awarded, he sees himself as star-maker,

by Anonymousreply 152October 6, 2021 1:22 AM

Was Myrtle Snow in the back playing the theremin for the first half of the alien episode?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 6, 2021 2:47 AM

Bit late, but just saw the first alien episode. Like most people said it was, good until it switched to the modern era. I like the Italian momma twirling about the kitchen making lasagna! They should have kept going with this style as the switch to today was repulsive for many of the reasons already stated.

However, I had to fast forward through the Japanese restaurant scene, and KEEP fast forwarding because it was so long and boring, laying out a bunch of irrelevant Ryan Murphy exposition that will never be referenced again. I was hoping they would all die (through head explosion) in the first episode.

The "this is Finn Whitrock's screenplay" is an interesting theory as the saki bar part had those weird pauses with bios for the college kids pop up as each one made an entrance.

by Anonymousreply 154October 6, 2021 2:57 AM

Some of you seem to have a really low bar for Kaia saying she is doing an excellent job this time around.

Nothing personal against her, I'm sure she a lovely daughter, but she is a horrible actress. Her plywood level acting in American Horror Stories was so jarring to watch every time she came on screen. It probably doesn't stand out as much this time around because all her young co-stars in this are equally as bad.

She's only slightly moved on from her plywood acting in Double Feature as now she is able to emote like someone who just learned to emote.

by Anonymousreply 155October 6, 2021 3:03 AM

Plywood to me means layered, there’s nothing layered about her performance.

by Anonymousreply 156October 6, 2021 8:11 AM

[quote]Some of you seem to have a really low bar for Kaia saying she is doing an excellent job this time around.

No one said she was excellent, it's mentioned that she was much better than she was in the AHStories.

by Anonymousreply 157October 6, 2021 8:18 AM

it's time to cancel this show.

by Anonymousreply 158October 6, 2021 10:03 AM

The show has so many great qualities, but it always always always has some elements in every edition that ruin it. I never watched the Gaga years. No thanks. I heard those years were awful as have most of the years after the first 3 seasons. 1984 had so much potential but my god it just got so stupid beyond the normal extremely stupid. For once I wish they’d play it straight and not go over the fucking top.

by Anonymousreply 159October 6, 2021 10:51 AM

Kaia has a pretty, delicate face, but her arms are unnaturally long and lanky. She actually looks like an alien.

by Anonymousreply 160October 6, 2021 2:35 PM

Alien episode #2 is tonight.

I can't wait to see the pregnant boys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 6, 2021 3:18 PM

Jeffree Star is an ugly shemale.

by Anonymousreply 162October 6, 2021 8:21 PM

r159...bullshit. Hotel was actually very good and GaGa was perfect for her character.

by Anonymousreply 163October 6, 2021 10:43 PM

There were no "Gaga year[italic]s[/italic]"--she was in it for one season only, the "Hotel" season.

by Anonymousreply 164October 6, 2021 10:55 PM

R163, bullshit. Hotel was horrible and you could see Gaga counting steps to get her blocking correct. Everyone acted circles around her.

As for Kaia, this trolling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 6, 2021 11:02 PM

R165 Agreed. "Hotel" was awful. And the first episode was literally a shot-by-shot ripoff of the opening scene of "The Hunger."

by Anonymousreply 166October 7, 2021 12:57 AM

Gaga also played an actress playing the witch in the tv-show within the tv-show on Roanoke.

by Anonymousreply 167October 7, 2021 1:15 AM

Did the boys give birth?

by Anonymousreply 168October 7, 2021 1:56 AM

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 169October 7, 2021 2:23 AM

So… JFK was assassinated because he was about to go public with Ike’s alien treaty?

by Anonymousreply 170October 7, 2021 2:25 AM

This Eisenhower stuff is lame.

by Anonymousreply 171October 7, 2021 2:30 AM

I do not know but it does seem it's Finn's movie and at the end they will be at the premiere and Grossman took the pill and became a famous actress. So enjoying part 2.

by Anonymousreply 172October 7, 2021 3:19 AM

PS love Mamie Eisenhower being a villian.

by Anonymousreply 173October 7, 2021 3:20 AM

No comment on Craig Sheffer as Nixon ?

by Anonymousreply 174October 7, 2021 3:29 AM

I see the GaGa haters are here. Fuck you...Hotel was a decent season.

by Anonymousreply 175October 7, 2021 3:30 AM

R174 He seems excessively sweaty. Did Nixon sweat a lot?

by Anonymousreply 176October 7, 2021 3:56 AM

Part two can't be Finn's movie. It's impossible.

Finn was hailed as a genius when he took the pill. His script was said to be a once-in-a-lifetime perfect script that required no rewriting and no polishing, shooting ready, and a sure award winner and legacy maker. He was offered prestigious jobs based on that script alone.

Are you saying that the shitty schlock we are watching is supposed to be that?

by Anonymousreply 177October 7, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote] [R174] He seems excessively sweaty. Did Nixon sweat a lot?

Yes, quite famously.

by Anonymousreply 178October 7, 2021 5:25 AM

The first half of the show with the Eisenhowers is terrific. I like how Mamie is turning out to be a major villain--a Lady Macbeth urging Ike to do the wrong thing. (The writer must be a Datalounger--he referenced how Mamie hated Jackie Kennedy tonight, and her pink re-decorating in the White House.)

by Anonymousreply 179October 7, 2021 5:29 AM

The two actors playing the gay male characters are at least hot ,even if the characters themselves are intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 180October 7, 2021 5:40 AM

Loved the visual shout-out to "Coma"!

by Anonymousreply 181October 7, 2021 5:47 AM

I am surprised at how different Leslie Grossman's character in this is from what she usually plays. She has much more range than I thought.

Kaia Gerber is just the worst. The modern day story is really boring, despite the two hot boys.

The 50s/60s story is much more fun, and is generally much scarier despite the cheesiness of the heads exploding (which I agree is meant to be fun--a callback to "Scanners" and "Mars Attacks!"). I love the scary effect of the levitating possessed people with the the glowing all-white eyes, and how they are always accompanied by theremin music.

by Anonymousreply 182October 7, 2021 6:39 AM

Here are all the Pregs doing a TikTok dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 7, 2021 6:47 AM

Was that the Fern Cody in the preview?

by Anonymousreply 184October 7, 2021 7:07 AM

Yes, Cody Fern was indeed in the preview for next week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 185October 7, 2021 7:15 AM

[qoute]I am surprised at how different Leslie Grossman's character in this is from what she usually plays. She has much more range than I thought.

Speaking quietly is not exactly range.

by Anonymousreply 186October 7, 2021 9:16 AM

R186 For some actresses it is…

by Anonymousreply 187October 7, 2021 11:52 AM

Yesssss . . . Mike Vogel as JFK . . . hope we see some of his hot body!

by Anonymousreply 188October 7, 2021 12:50 PM

I think this alien plot is a hoot. C'mon, Mamie as an evil alien possessed ambassador, JFK's and Marilyn's death's tied to the Roswell crash? It should be DL catnip.

by Anonymousreply 189October 7, 2021 12:51 PM

I always pictured Lady Bird as an alien over Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 190October 7, 2021 1:02 PM

If Kennedy really looked like Mike Vogel then I could finally understand why people said he was handsome

by Anonymousreply 191October 7, 2021 1:34 PM

If any First Lady was an alien, it was Jackie Kennedy.

She had a weird looking alien face. I don't think she was pretty at all.

Jackie was glamorous and thin, I'll give her that.

But definitely alien looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 7, 2021 2:59 PM

Do Murphy and company intend to make NO characters likeable or relatable in every season? Or are they just not talented enough?

by Anonymousreply 193October 7, 2021 3:08 PM

It made no sense that Mamie still had the TV dinners in the aluminum trays if she had microwaved them?

by Anonymousreply 194October 7, 2021 4:14 PM

She was an alien by then and did some alien hoobba joobba on them.

by Anonymousreply 195October 7, 2021 4:34 PM

This episode is surprisingly eerie despite featuring in black and white. I do like Sarah Paulson in this second half.

by Anonymousreply 196October 7, 2021 7:58 PM

Also can't wait for some Cody Fern

by Anonymousreply 197October 7, 2021 8:01 PM

R193 Has any character in the series ever been likable? I remember despising the daughter in the first season, Dylan McDermott's character was awful, the girl he had an affair with was awful, Lange was creepy. Was Connie Britton's character likable? I don't remember.

It seems like Murphy's vision of horror is that everyone should be a terrible person and hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 198October 7, 2021 8:14 PM

JFK was handsome. He had a certain something. As he took more steroids for his back he bloated up a bit but he was still handsome. Jackie was attractive, not beautiful. She *could* look very beautiful at times. I’ve heard in person her charisma was off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 199October 7, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] It made no sense that Mamie still had the TV dinners in the aluminum trays if she had microwaved them?

Yes I caught that as well. The early TV dinners in aluminum trays were heated in the regular kitchen range. And of course microwave heating was stumbled upon by radar research technicians in WW2 which is why they were originally called Radar Ranges.

The guy doing Nixon was horrible. Briefly in the late 60s there was a comic named David Frye who made a living doing a bad Nixon impression to audiences of stoned college kids. Murphy gave us a similar Nixon cartoon. Neal McDonough is doing a fine job playing Eisenhower straight.. It would have been more interesting and much less distracting if they also did Nixon without the caricature.

I'm enjoying Leslie Grossman quite a lot. Momentarily I thought her evil talent agent was Christina Applegate reprising her character of Monica's sister in Friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 7, 2021 11:16 PM

OK - just finished the episode and something stood out --

The scenes with Ike and JFK were supposed to be in 1963. Then we see JFK and Marilyn Monroe discussing the situation. Marilyn Monroe died in 1962.

So is this sloppy writing on the part of the AHS? Is this a clue to something else - about the aliens? Or a connection to Red Tide - that it is a movie written by a black-pill? Although, if one was so naturally talented the black pill worked for them, I suppose it would also make them better fact checkers.

Just something that stuck out to me.

by Anonymousreply 201October 7, 2021 11:27 PM

Yeah, R201, that’s a pretty big miss with MM. I know your supposed suspend reality when watching, but at the same time Murphy likes to play with historical figures. If you’re going to do that, at least be cognizant that MM died several months before that scene would have taken place.

by Anonymousreply 202October 7, 2021 11:50 PM

That's why I am hoping it's supposed to be a clue to us the viewers that something is off with this whole part of the season. Maybe I am giving Ryan Murphy too much credit?

by Anonymousreply 203October 7, 2021 11:54 PM

I think you might be, R203. I think it’s a plot hole he didn’t really care about.

by Anonymousreply 204October 7, 2021 11:56 PM

Lily Rabe and Angelica Ross have both said publicly that this part will connect to both the first part and to past seasons. Theres only 2 episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 205October 7, 2021 11:57 PM

Hmm, I wonder if the black pills technology originally came from the aliens.

by Anonymousreply 206October 7, 2021 11:58 PM

Maybe Angelica Ross was an alien also in part one. I did notice she always wore gloves. I don’t know how the two parts will connect, though. It seems such a leap to go from vampire pills that make you a genius to aliens attempting to procreate in order to save their species.

by Anonymousreply 207October 8, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote]Yes I caught that as well. The early TV dinners in aluminum trays were heated in the regular kitchen range. And of course microwave heating was stumbled upon by radar research technicians in WW2 which is why they were originally called Radar Ranges.

Everyone knows you can't put metal in the microwave. I think it was a clue Mamie was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 208October 8, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote] Has any character in the series ever been likable?

Sarah Paulson played a likable lesbian investigative journalist in Season 2. Lily Rabe played a very sweet and tender-hearted witch in Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 209October 8, 2021 1:39 AM

I think Ike Eisenhower this half-season is supposed to be likable and heroic, even if he's made some ethically questionable decisions.

I was disappointed we got to see Dick Nixon this episode but we had no sign of Pat. I hope she shows up in the remaining episodes.

by Anonymousreply 210October 8, 2021 1:41 AM

Everybody liked Ike

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 8, 2021 1:45 AM

Every time the show switches back to modern times, it goes to shit. Just a straight fucking line to shit.

by Anonymousreply 212October 8, 2021 2:58 AM

[quote]Has any character in the series ever been likable?

Addie Langdon, Murder House?

Pepper, Asylum and Freak Show?

by Anonymousreply 213October 8, 2021 3:15 AM

Didn't the aliens in Asylum make Pepper super smart (similar to a black pill) too? Not sure what her talent would be though.

by Anonymousreply 214October 8, 2021 3:22 AM

Neal McDonough also played as the general in a similar 1950s alien series Project Blue Book.

by Anonymousreply 215October 8, 2021 3:32 AM

I adore Madonna but what the actual fuck did she do to her tits? It looks like she got humongous implants. She had perfect tits before. Her behavior over the past year has not been my favorite era. I know a lot of her weight fluctuations has been steroids and shit. No big deal. She is definitely in a bit of an eccentric phase. Oh well. At least she gave a good interview with Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 216October 8, 2021 6:22 AM

R216 Sorry wrong thread. Proceed in bashing AHS.

by Anonymousreply 217October 8, 2021 6:23 AM

Why do these Aliens that can explode heads in a second need humans permission to do anything ? Why would they need to make a deal ?

by Anonymousreply 218October 8, 2021 12:11 PM

The fake treasure trail on the male "pregnancy" prosthesis is hilarious.

The real JFK was hairy (unlike the totally implausible actor playing him).

by Anonymousreply 219October 8, 2021 12:58 PM

Great ideas; horribly executed.

The history is beyond sloppy.

Mentioning Doris Day and Rock Hudson in 1954 is 5 years before their teaming and when you would have thought of them as that popular. Lawrence Welk in 1954 - just no... MM in 1963 as mentioned above. Just Wikipedia level fact-checking would have caught that.

Now, the idea that this is why JFK was killed is clever, but I lose the ability to suspend disbelief when it is such laughingly-bad history. Same for the Hollywood series he died 2 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 220October 8, 2021 3:04 PM

[quote] Part two can't be Finn's movie. It's impossible....Are you saying that the shitty schlock we are watching is supposed to be that?

Oh no R177 is on to us. Call The White House.

by Anonymousreply 221October 8, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]MM died several months before that scene would have taken place.

Did she? Did she?

by Anonymousreply 222October 8, 2021 3:29 PM

[qyuote]Part two can't be Finn's movie. It's impossible....Are you saying that the shitty schlock we are watching is supposed to be that? ' Sweetie. there are vampires walking the streets of Provincetown and now aliens are exploding heads left and right. Why are you taking any of this so serious?

by Anonymousreply 223October 8, 2021 3:34 PM

There have been some great fake Nixons (i.e. Philip Baker Hall and Dan Hedaya). Hulking Craig Sheffer is without question the worst ever (he couldn't even approximate the voice).

by Anonymousreply 224October 8, 2021 3:37 PM

So the dark-haired half of the gay couple died in real life after filming ended? What did he die of?

by Anonymousreply 225October 8, 2021 3:59 PM

Isaac Cole Powell is alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 226October 8, 2021 4:09 PM

A baby came out of his butt, R225.

by Anonymousreply 227October 8, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote] Now, the idea that this is why JFK was killed is clever,

I thought so too when the 1996 Dark Skies series covered up the details of JFK's killing to keep the secrets of Majestic 12.

Also 7 of 9 was hotter without that silly padded Star Trek catsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 8, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote]Isaac Cole Powell is alive and well.

Then why was there a "In Memory of" memorial to him at the end of the first episode?

by Anonymousreply 229October 8, 2021 8:06 PM

I like Gerber. She is better than in the first one. Cutting her teeth and getting better. Who knows? Good for her.

And the whole nepotism thing, you would too. How does one control who their parents are?

I also like the retro alien style.

by Anonymousreply 230October 8, 2021 8:15 PM

Apparently, Isaac is still alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 8, 2021 8:26 PM

I also think Gerber is holding her own. Perhaps the introductory scene of those four millennial mooks is coloring her impression on some people.

by Anonymousreply 232October 8, 2021 8:28 PM

I didn't see "stories," so my first intro to her was in the first alien episode. Her acting stood out as amateurish, particularly in the restaurant and also in the desert scene. We were supposed to buy her as a knowledgeable medical student and her line delivery and reactions were not believable at all. (All the actors in the second part of the first episode were poor, and they were working with poor writing.)

I don't think she is bad in the second episode. Her acting improved, or else the material suited her underdeveloped skill set better. I thought she was effective in the hanging scene and also sitting in the restaurant. Notably, she was alone in both of those scenes for a time when she did OK, so I'll go out on a limb and guess she hasn't yet figured out how to recite memorized lines while listening and responding to other actors—the challenging part of acting.

She's not any worse than most new actors, but most brand new actors don't have starring roles on primetime TV shows. I guess RM series are today's equivalent of daytime soaps in a way...just factory-produced shoddy episodes that don't really demand much and are a good place for an actor to get their footing while getting some exposure. Opportunities for some pretty young people with industry connections to build a reel.

by Anonymousreply 233October 8, 2021 8:37 PM

No, R232, she's really awful, especially when she's trying to convince us that her character is so brainy.

by Anonymousreply 234October 8, 2021 8:40 PM

Ya'll just jelly.

by Anonymousreply 235October 8, 2021 8:42 PM

R233 you should see Stories; Kaia wasn’t just bad, she was atrocious in it. Her acting has improved remarkably from then to now.

by Anonymousreply 236October 9, 2021 1:55 AM

Kaia's voice was exactly as I expected, so many models have that generic emotion-free voice.

Since when is she an actress, seriously? 😂 🤣 Doesn't Kaia make enough money with all her high end designer ad campaigns?

Jeez, how about leaving the acting to all those naturally talented people who are actually attending acting classes and busting their asses working as bartenders and at other service jobs. Why hire a famous model's daughter, especially when she doesn't appear to have any natural talent.

Sorry, she didn't come off as a serious med student. She sounded like a Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 237October 9, 2021 2:07 AM

You sound envious.

by Anonymousreply 238October 9, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote]You sound envious.

You sound like a typical young dumb moron. What a lame response.

Envious of what? I have a very successful lucrative career in the subject I studied, I didn't need nepotism to get work. And no, I don't work in showbiz, I'm not at all "envious" of this dead voiced bag of bones.

Couldn't this young woman choose a different career than her famous model mother? Guess she didn't have the smarts or talent to do anything else than model? She sure cannot act.

Face facts, Cindy Crawford's daughter isn't anything special. She's only there because of Cindy.

by Anonymousreply 239October 9, 2021 2:36 AM

The White Lotus was a huge breakthrough hit this year because it was written so well and it capivated people to the point those who watched it could not stop talking about it.

R239 Half the comments about this alien show are about Cindy Crawford's daughter. Good or bad acting aside, her casting is generating the buzz. The writing is terrible and so the producers can't count on it to do anything, but stunt casting effectively has the same effect: it gets people watching and talking. Dumb Zoomers (of the type her character is based on) are watching one of their own Instagram 'influencers' on a TV series, and grown Gen Xers and even Boomers seem to have curiousity about the spawn of their generations' stars. We should expect to see more of it. The Phillippe/Witherspoon clone spawn already have had a single out and are 'influencing' on social media, along with the Smith/Pinkett spawn and so on. They tap into multiple generations of curiosity and buzz.

by Anonymousreply 240October 9, 2021 7:49 AM

As long as Olivia Jade never rises from the trash heap to gain significance again I’m OK with most of the .

by Anonymousreply 241October 9, 2021 12:10 PM

When will we see Christopher Stanley shirtless?

by Anonymousreply 242October 9, 2021 12:18 PM

R239, you are spot on.

Granted Kaia has a very pretty face, but that's about it. She has no presence or charisma.

And there are dozens of very pretty young women with talent who are overlooked because they don't have a famous, iconic mother.

Obviously, Ryan Murphy is trying to attract a new, younger audience and stay relevant, but the younger audience has the attention span of a gnat and won't stay loyal. And in a few months, the next pretty face will be splashed all over the place and she'll be forgotten.

The funny thing is, Kaia Gerber probably thinks that she has an acting career. She seems insufferable. I remember all the other models who appeared in movies and went nowhere fast, like Cindy Crawford, for example. Cindy's acting career bombed, but she married a handsome man who is a multi-millionaire . So, it turned out alright for her.

by Anonymousreply 243October 9, 2021 3:20 PM

[quote] Half the comments about this alien show are about Cindy Crawford's daughter. Good or bad acting aside, her casting is generating the buzz.

Buzz?? This week's episode with the buzz-worthy Kaia only got 480k viewers. It's the lowest rated episode in AHS history, both in total viewers and in the key18-49 demo. All those young people, who according to you are buzzing like bees about Kaia, somehow failed to tune in.

by Anonymousreply 244October 9, 2021 4:24 PM

r244...idiot

by Anonymousreply 245October 9, 2021 6:05 PM

And yet, R244, it's still what people are talking about. Not about how good the show is. Not about how scary it is. Mainly about Cindy Crawford's daughter and her on-air acting lessons.

by Anonymousreply 246October 9, 2021 6:19 PM

Die-hard AHS fans are talking about the Gerber kid on this thread, nowhere else.

And if this show is now only getting 480,000 viewers, it's in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 247October 9, 2021 7:01 PM

Looks like this might be the last year of this series? This season has been quite awful.

I noticed Sarah Paulson is one of the producers. Which explains why she's still around. Wonder why Sarah has been unable to hire better writers, doesn't a producer have that level of power, to hire the script writers?

A fairly decent cast has been wasted on some extremely shitty writing.

Was that it for Lily Rabe as Amelia Earhart? Too funny!

by Anonymousreply 248October 9, 2021 7:53 PM

I saw a poster on other sites pointing out that Paulson hasn’t promoted the show on her IG page at all instead she has continuously posted about ACS, as though knowing Double Feature will end up a flop.

by Anonymousreply 249October 9, 2021 8:16 PM

And I can’t blame her. Bet she’s so sick and tired of AHS but her longtime friendship with Murphy is too strong to throw it in his face how awful this season is.

by Anonymousreply 250October 9, 2021 8:19 PM

She's a producer, but maybe she doesn't know good writing.

by Anonymousreply 251October 9, 2021 8:21 PM

R250 - she’s a producer, so she takes some of the blame.

by Anonymousreply 252October 9, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote]She's a producer, but maybe she doesn't know good writing.

As a longtime actress, SP sure should know what good writing is! She has to create a character and bring life to other peoples writing. She has to make the lines believable, to make viewers care about a character etc.

Sounds like you know little about acting.

by Anonymousreply 253October 9, 2021 8:31 PM

R253 She should know good writing but that doesn't mean she does know good writing. She has been one of the featured actors in this abysmal series for a decade.

by Anonymousreply 254October 9, 2021 8:33 PM

I used to hope Quinto will return some day. But good for him!

by Anonymousreply 255October 9, 2021 8:33 PM

I feel like after this season, the remaining big names will drop out.

by Anonymousreply 256October 9, 2021 8:34 PM

AHS needs to go on a couple years hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 257October 9, 2021 8:56 PM

It's been a bad year for Sarah Paulson. Both AHS and ACS are ratings and critical disasters. She needs to take a break from appearing in Ryan Murphy productions for awhile. I loved Ratched, but it may not be getting a second season.

by Anonymousreply 258October 9, 2021 9:01 PM

Why does anyone care what the ratings are? Someone here is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 259October 9, 2021 11:12 PM

No, someone here is an obsessed FAN, R259, and that someone is you. You cannot stomach the slightest criticism of this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 260October 9, 2021 11:40 PM

Trolls have certainly lost their finesse.

by Anonymousreply 261October 9, 2021 11:46 PM

[quote]No, someone here is an obsessed FAN, [R259], and that someone is you. You cannot stomach the slightest criticism of this dreck.

Excuse Mr. Nielsen, I hated part one and I only watched one episode of "Cult", It's just a show.

by Anonymousreply 262October 10, 2021 1:50 AM

I keep wondering if this will turn out to be similar to (the much more superior) Torchwood: Children of Earth in regards to what the aliens REALLY want. Although it would contradict the aliens wanting crossbred children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 10, 2021 2:53 AM

George Clooney talks about AHS releasing Lily Rabe so she could make his movie. Probably why her character disappears into the woods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 11, 2021 12:55 AM

Ho-hum. What’s Evan up to lately? When does the Geoffrey Dalmer series start airing?

by Anonymousreply 265October 11, 2021 3:11 AM

R265 Which franchise is that part of American Crime or Fued?

by Anonymousreply 266October 11, 2021 6:10 AM

AC Shoney's Ladyboys

by Anonymousreply 267October 11, 2021 9:19 AM

Ryan Murphy saw Mike Vogel's ass in Sex/Life and immediately cast him as JFK.

by Anonymousreply 268October 13, 2021 6:55 PM

How is tonight's episode?

by Anonymousreply 269October 13, 2021 8:44 PM

I can't believe there are only two episodes left in this season.

It went by so quickly!

Is next year the final installment of AHS?

by Anonymousreply 270October 13, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote] Cindy Crawford Says She's 'Proud' of Daughter Kaia Gerber's 'Confidence' to Start Acting

Cindy Crawford's a proud mom!

The legendary supermodel, 55, opened up about Kaia Gerber's first foray into acting, which Crawford admits she wouldn't have ever tried when she was her daughter's age.

"I'm proud of her because I guess in that way she is more confident than I was at that age," Crawford said during an appearance on Ellen Pompeo's podcast, Tell Me with Ellen Pompeo.

"There were certainly things like even in high school I sort of wanted to go out for, [like] the school play. None of my friends were and I didn't know if I'd be good at it, so I didn't do it," Crawford admitted.

On the other hand, her daughter (whom she shares with husband Rande Gerber) has never been afraid to dip her toes into acting. "Whereas [Kaia] did all that in elementary school and middle school and high school," Crawford said.

Once the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Gerber, 20, decided to take her passion for acting seriously since modeling gigs slowed down.

"She wasn't traveling and wasn't modeling because there were no shoots anywhere. She started auditioning and taking online acting classes," Crawford said. "She had taken some acting stuff before."

Gerber landed her first project, cast in the highly-anticipated 10th season of American Horror Story, in March 2021. While it was an exciting time, Crawford said it still was "scary" for her daughter, who felt like she had high expectations to live up to.

"As much as your fans are excited you're doing it, now you've got a lot more eyes on you than you normally would have in your very first acting thing," she said.

Since starring in two episodes of American Horror Stories and AHS: Double Feature, Geber announced she landed her first leading role in a short film.

Gerber unveiled the trailer for her upcoming film, The Palisades, but no other details about the release date or storyline have been shared. According to the film's official Instagram, the short "explores the subtleties in female friendship."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 13, 2021 9:09 PM

Cal dancing around with his baby bump promoting the show tonight. There’s another one where’s he’s doing it with the baby bump in tighty boxerbriefs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 13, 2021 11:37 PM

R271, Wow. So, future Academy Award winner Kaia Gerber, learned the fine art of acting from a few gigs in elementary school, some jr. and senior high school plays and took some online classes.

Move over Meryl Streep. There's a new thespian in town.

by Anonymousreply 273October 14, 2021 12:11 AM

Sure, Cindy, but we all know it’s her lineage that gets her the gigs, not her supposed talent. I wish these morons would stop claiming how hard their entitled kids work when there are thousands more talented young people out there who’d never get the same breaks. It’s insulting to actors who have the talent but not the name or connections.

by Anonymousreply 274October 14, 2021 12:22 AM

Everyone starts somewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275October 14, 2021 12:34 AM

Cody should have pulled back his skin to reveal scales. Murphy missed an opportunity to blame Republicans for the lizard people.

by Anonymousreply 276October 14, 2021 2:11 AM

Love Ryan’s fixation on Mamie Eisenhower. Is he a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 277October 14, 2021 2:22 AM

[quote]When does the Geoffrey Dalmer series start airing?

American Oh, [italic]Dear:[/italic] Double Feature

by Anonymousreply 278October 14, 2021 2:36 AM

Lawdy, part 2 sucks balls.

by Anonymousreply 279October 14, 2021 2:41 AM

Im liking it...especially the black and white portions. I still dont see how any or this ties to the first part...or any other season.

by Anonymousreply 280October 14, 2021 3:09 AM

"Kaia's voice was exactly as I expected, so many models have that generic emotion-free voice."

So nice that it doesn't have that California vocal fry and that she didn't need to redo her entire face to get a job. (Like the K's, The Hadid's etc). She's young. She'll get better the more she works.

(Old-time AMC viewers might remember how bad Kim Delaney(Jenny Gardner) was when she started.)

by Anonymousreply 281October 14, 2021 3:27 AM

The show really jumped the shark tonight with Mamie fucking the android played by Cody Fern--to spite Ike for fucking Kay Sommersby during the war.

Also: why do so many of these AHS seasons involve a group of extremely bitchy h.s./college students being tortured?

by Anonymousreply 282October 14, 2021 5:47 AM

Is it me or is there a bit of Linda Tripp in this Mamie? Is the poor dear so over worked by Murphy that she can’t keep straight all the marionettes he wants her to play for him?

by Anonymousreply 283October 14, 2021 6:04 AM

Shouldn’t this be called a triple feature, there are two separate story lines in this section.

by Anonymousreply 284October 14, 2021 6:05 AM

Just finished. I guess this episode is the best out of all.

by Anonymousreply 285October 14, 2021 7:28 AM

and "Is that my baby" with the voice of a new mother just had me cracked up so hard. I fucking laughed.

by Anonymousreply 286October 14, 2021 7:29 AM

It’s ridiculously stupid and that’s saying a lot for a Ryan Murphy show. Just plain bad. Both parts of this season started interesting enough but just bellyflopped halfway through.

by Anonymousreply 287October 14, 2021 7:36 AM

[quote]Also: why do so many of these AHS seasons involve a group of extremely bitchy h.s./college students being tortured?

Wish fulfillment.

by Anonymousreply 288October 14, 2021 12:42 PM

R282 I know, those self-entitled characters ruin the series. A lot of seasons are ruined by these characters. No idea why the writer keep making characters like them.

by Anonymousreply 289October 14, 2021 1:04 PM

The dialogue between the two gay characters was soooooooo fucking boring.

Listening to them talk about getting pregnant, then having it grow inside you, and the connection you feel to the "baby," and then losing it, blah blah blah.

It was just TOO much. We get it. Males should empathize with females who lose babies during/after pregnancy, and we're not being sensitive enough, because we don't know how it feels for them.

So now we do. UGH. Thanks for the guilt trip, AHS!

Unfortunately, the scene was so long and boring, it made me fall asleep so I couldn't watch the rest of the episode.

I woke up at the very end, to see a ripoff of the movie Aliens, where the baby alien jumps out and attaches itself to the blond guy's face.

Hopefully, it eats him! Because those two queens are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 290October 14, 2021 2:10 PM

I checked out with the moon landing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 291October 14, 2021 2:11 PM

I was not prepared to hear Mamie Eisenhower telling Ike of the android she had just fucked, "He loves my fudge."

I would never have expected that in 2021 there could be sexual innuendo on a TV show that would take me aback, but that did.

by Anonymousreply 292October 14, 2021 7:41 PM

I'm really enjoying the Dwight Eisenhower character. Was he the guy nicknamed Ike? If so, I Like Ike!

by Anonymousreply 293October 14, 2021 8:42 PM

What a hot mess this second part turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 294October 14, 2021 8:46 PM

Yeah, making Mamie Eisenhower of all people be a sex-starved nympho for alien robot cock was too much for me, even in a Ryan Murphy show. And was the real Mamie actually that obsessed with adults celebrating birthdays and Halloween, not to mention an intense dislike of Eleanor Roosevelt (was surprised Murphy didn't have Mamie refer to Eleanor as "that dyke" or something similar).

by Anonymousreply 295October 15, 2021 2:30 AM

My favourite things about the alien half is Calico. Why not give her a season?

by Anonymousreply 296October 15, 2021 2:34 AM

I think Sarah just wanted to finally have a sex scene with Cody or Fern, I can never remember which is his first name.

by Anonymousreply 297October 15, 2021 2:37 AM

I want one, too!

by Anonymousreply 298October 15, 2021 2:41 AM

What is making the black and white portion good is Neal McDonough plays Ike straight. It obviously amused Murphy to put cartoons of Mamie and Nixon on the screen but that self-indulgence damages the show.

Calico is the only part of the color portion I'm really enjoying. The two gay guy mommies were just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 299October 15, 2021 3:27 AM

That was a pretty good episode. I didn’t roll my eyes (much) and it did have some interesting and creepy parts.

by Anonymousreply 300October 15, 2021 3:33 AM

They should have kept Red Tide for the whole season because the ratings have dropped off with the alien storyline. I thought I would like a double feature season, but I'm not connecting with the two separate storylines.

by Anonymousreply 301October 15, 2021 4:40 AM

It's obvious that this season is just scrapped footage for what was originally meant to be two full length seasons but they couldn't finish filming on either season so they took what little footage they had of each and then went back and filmed rushed poorly written endings on little to no budget at the last minute with a couple of scenes slapped in that link them together.

by Anonymousreply 302October 15, 2021 6:51 AM

[quote]I'm not connecting with the two separate storylines.

You will next week,

by Anonymousreply 303October 15, 2021 8:55 AM

I've just finished the first episode of the second feature. I enjoyed the first story so far. Regarding the second, that Gerber creature looks like Murphy put her mother into an oven and shrunk her like that toy we had growing up in the 80s and that's fucking distracting to me.

Also? Younger actors are really starting to bug me.

by Anonymousreply 304October 15, 2021 10:06 AM

Thankfully only one more episode of this schlock left and we can start dreaming of a better season next year….

by Anonymousreply 305October 15, 2021 11:37 AM

Only to be disappointed yet again. I might be done after this season….the letdown of Red Tide was enough. I am trying to keep an open mind that this all might tie together and be redeemed in the last episode, but give the track record of this season I am doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 306October 15, 2021 1:06 PM

I miss season one with Dylan McDermott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307October 15, 2021 4:07 PM

Why is Hulu missing S10 episode 9? I also have it set to record on my DVR and it doesn't show up there either.

by Anonymousreply 308October 15, 2021 9:48 PM

I watched it on Hulu with no issue.

by Anonymousreply 309October 15, 2021 11:38 PM

WTF happened to Craig Schaffer?!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310October 16, 2021 1:47 AM

I definitely liked the Red Tide half better. There were things that didn’t make sense but I enjoyed it enough that overlooked that. Parts of the alien half are okay but I hate the four idiots friends and don’t care what happens to any of them. In fact I kind of want them to suffer. Vampires have always been my favourite supernatural creature though so I’m biased.

by Anonymousreply 311October 16, 2021 1:58 AM

Theyve got one episode to connect to the past seasons...and part one.

by Anonymousreply 312October 16, 2021 2:00 AM

I’m guessing Kaia’s alien baby is going to be the perfect one, the one they let live. And perhaps some of it’s blood will be used in making then black pills from red tide. Idk, but i feel the pills are alien created.

by Anonymousreply 313October 16, 2021 2:32 AM

It's time we admit that Sarah Paulson is overrated as an actress. She basically gives the same performance in everything she does. Her Mamie is the same as Nurse Ratched. There's literally no difference. It takes her getting into disguise like Linda Tripp to see the slightest nuances.

by Anonymousreply 314October 16, 2021 4:35 AM

This show went flying off the rails and into outer space after Coven for me.

by Anonymousreply 315October 16, 2021 6:00 AM

R292 so are we to assume Cody fucked her up the ass with the whole fudge business? The line made me roll my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 316October 16, 2021 6:06 AM

Why are people obsessing over ratings? Have you seen ratings this season? Nothing on broadcast has cracked a 1.0 yet in the demo, and most are struggling to hold on to half of that.

Live TV viewing is dead, dead, dead.

by Anonymousreply 317October 16, 2021 6:34 AM

R317 what besides SNL is broadcast live anyways?

by Anonymousreply 318October 16, 2021 6:59 AM

R310 What happened? LIFE. The man ain't no spring chicken. The guy is in "Some Kind of Wonderful" for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 319October 16, 2021 9:48 AM

[quote]Nothing on broadcast has cracked a 1.0 yet in the demo, and most are struggling to hold on to half of that.

That's simply not true. SNL, The Voice, Survivor. Big Brother, The Masked Singer have done it this season, and they get many millions more total viewers than AHS.

by Anonymousreply 320October 16, 2021 7:37 PM

Big Brother did not crack a 1. Survivor and The Voice are both hovering around a 0.8. The Masked Singer is below a 1. On Thursday, only SVU got above a 0.6. Even Grey's Anatomy was at a 0.6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 16, 2021 9:56 PM

R321, I'm not talking about this season, not just this week. All the shows I mentioned have gotten over a 1.0 demo rating this season.

by Anonymousreply 322October 16, 2021 10:04 PM

I meant to say "I'm talking about this season, not just this week."

by Anonymousreply 323October 16, 2021 10:05 PM

Shut the hell up about the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 324October 16, 2021 10:07 PM

How’s that lesbian dancing show doing in the ratings?

by Anonymousreply 325October 16, 2021 11:06 PM

tomorrow's the finale, babes!

by Anonymousreply 326October 19, 2021 6:48 PM

R236 If you go to the latest Hilaria Baldwin thread you can see them already.

by Anonymousreply 327October 19, 2021 6:54 PM

I have NO idea but I think it's Finn's movie and Leslie Grossman's agent always wanted to be a movie star and took the pill and is in the movie..

by Anonymousreply 328October 20, 2021 1:01 AM

Considering that would be lame, R328, I would say you’re probably right.

by Anonymousreply 329October 20, 2021 3:34 AM

It's still a super lame conceit simply because Finn's character in the first part was said to have been a genius. The scripts he wrote were recognized on sight by his wife, his agent and buyers in Hollywood as the work of genius. He got a huge production deal based on his one brilliant screenplay.

If the shit story of part two is supposed to be that work of genius, then the American Horror Story writers need to take some of those black pills, sharpen their teeth and get themselves some tailored trench coats with pointy shoulders ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 330October 20, 2021 9:50 AM

Let’s wrap this puppy up and move on as fast as we can and forget it ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 331October 20, 2021 11:20 AM

I just don’t want the hot blond guy to die. Is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 332October 20, 2021 12:50 PM

I don't think the show will ever improve.

by Anonymousreply 333October 20, 2021 1:27 PM

Welp. The finale is tonight.

Another season in the can.

Literally.

by Anonymousreply 334October 20, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote]t's still a super lame conceit simply because Finn's character in the first part was said to have been a genius. The scripts he wrote were recognized on sight by his wife, his agent and buyers in Hollywood as the work of genius. He got a huge production deal based on his one brilliant screenplay.

Dude? Seriously? It's a TV show about vampires and you think some writer is going to write the most brilliant screenplay in Hollywood and hand it over to American Horror Story? The whole thing is a goof. The wife is crawling around the woods in Providence because she couldn't choose the right chintz. The whole sci-fi movie is a statement on what passes for hits nowadays, Fast and Furious 29 and the Marvel 48. Why in the world would you take any sentence in this show seriously including Finn's work as genius?

by Anonymousreply 335October 20, 2021 4:13 PM

The big twist will be that the alien story is actually a script written by Leslie Grossman. Not her agent character, but herself the real person.

by Anonymousreply 336October 20, 2021 4:20 PM

Will anyone be watching tonight?

Or are we officially done with this show?

by Anonymousreply 337October 20, 2021 9:29 PM

I'll be watching tomorrow on Hulu - I am, foolishly, hoping it will all tie together and have a satisfying ending. After 10 seasons though I know I am setting myself up for disappointment. After this though, I am done with AHS for a while or forever.

by Anonymousreply 338October 20, 2021 10:45 PM

So how did it get resolved?

by Anonymousreply 339October 21, 2021 1:25 AM

“Cal” has a mighty fine ass in those tightey whitey boxerbriefs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340October 21, 2021 1:34 AM

So now Watergate was about bugging the aliens’ office and Deep Throat was… Mamie Eisenhower?

by Anonymousreply 341October 21, 2021 2:12 AM

[quote] the aliens’

Or, as Dick Nixon puts it, “those pansy-ass Martians.”

by Anonymousreply 342October 21, 2021 2:15 AM

Totally off the rails. 10 Wednesday nights I’ll never get back.

by Anonymousreply 343October 21, 2021 2:40 AM

I can’t imagine how this is resolved in the next 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 344October 21, 2021 2:48 AM

Wow, this is the worst AHS so far.

Talk about literally losing your head, lol

by Anonymousreply 345October 21, 2021 2:49 AM

And how it will connect to previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 346October 21, 2021 2:50 AM

R346 It didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 347October 21, 2021 3:21 AM

Absolute garbage. This season will go down as Sarah Paulson's Trog, although Trog was high art compared to this mess.

by Anonymousreply 348October 21, 2021 3:50 AM

Absolutely awful. Didn’t even have an ending. Piss-poor storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 349October 21, 2021 3:59 AM

What tied the two section together, I guess I missed it?

by Anonymousreply 350October 21, 2021 4:31 AM

At one point I thought it was going to be a giant ad for Impeachment, as one of those political distractions leading up to 2021, and you’d need to watch that whole season before we could get to the end and you find out Mamie became Linda Tripp.

by Anonymousreply 351October 21, 2021 4:34 AM

I kept falling asleep, awakening and rewinding and then falling asleep, awakening and rewinding, but I realize I missed when Cody Fern left the show, what happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 352October 21, 2021 4:37 AM

So, did they feel Kaia couldn’t carry it until the end of the show, so they replaced her head with a giant silver ball?

by Anonymousreply 353October 21, 2021 4:39 AM

Did they just steal the pregnant men from this Jacob Elordi movie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354October 21, 2021 5:00 AM

They never revealed who was under the nurse/doctor costume?

by Anonymousreply 355October 21, 2021 5:01 AM

What happened to the promise this would tie together all the prior seasons of AHS

by Anonymousreply 356October 21, 2021 5:50 AM

R356 Honey, they didn’t even tie together parts one and two!

by Anonymousreply 357October 21, 2021 6:00 AM

What a stupid anticlimactic ending. It didn't even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 358October 21, 2021 6:01 AM

I also can't believe how awful Craig Sheffer was as Richard Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 359October 21, 2021 6:02 AM

[quote] I also can't believe how awful Craig Sheffer was as Richard Nixon.

Ryan thought he was being funny putting on a bad cartoon of David Frye doing a bad cartoon of Nixon.

For a couple of years Frye made a living doing pretty much the same level shtick as Alec Baldwin's SNL Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360October 21, 2021 6:07 AM

Wasn’t he like the beautiful brother in A River Runs Through It, how could he have fallen so far, it’s not like he’s Stephen Dorf???

by Anonymousreply 361October 21, 2021 6:08 AM

AHS: Double Feature Finale Brings the Alien Experiment Full Circle — Grade It!

Offers a full summary of the final episode and a poll.

When I voted it was 50.32% fail episode; 21.38% Just OK; 17.54% Below Average; 6.66% Above Average; 4.1% Excellent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362October 21, 2021 6:38 AM

Wow.

Just wow.

That was an awful, terrible ending.

I was just dumbfounded at the awfulness of it. Mouth agape. Confused. Angry.

by Anonymousreply 363October 21, 2021 7:13 AM

It’s still a bit strange that Leslie Grossman was giving interviews about “waiting til the end” to see how the two parts tie together. so was she lying or did they get cold feet and edit out the epilogue? I don’t think it would’ve helped much but woof, part two didn’t end so much as fade out.

by Anonymousreply 364October 21, 2021 7:34 AM

If I were Sarah Paulson I’d be embarrassed to show up for work tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 365October 21, 2021 7:36 AM

You know, early on Murphy got a lot of requests for alien abduction and he stated that the they couldn' do that because it was rooted in America. Of course having Billie Lourde time travel to Anastasia basement in "Apocalypse" must have been in Perioa. This seems like a big fuck you to the abduction fans.

by Anonymousreply 366October 21, 2021 11:50 AM

They tied together because Grossman and the tranny were the only ones left

by Anonymousreply 367October 21, 2021 12:40 PM

The fuck. This pissed me off. 50 minutes of my life were wasted watching schlock.

by Anonymousreply 368October 21, 2021 12:47 PM

Everyone is saying the show was a waste of time and terrible and the worst ever and that they won't watch again.

I said that midway through season three and by the end of season three, I was frustrated out of my mind and so disappointed. I watched part of the next season and found it unwatchably bad. I watched the first episode of Hotel and the one where Sarah Paulson was screaming and pushing a shopping cart and turned both off without any interest in watching further. I watched Apocalypse and was surprised it was only campy-bad instead of child's-homemade-backyard-play bad—until the end, when the Antichrist was run over by a Range Rover after having survived a nuclear holocaust and an army of witches.

This whole series after the second season is worse than anything I have ever seen on TV, barring movies like Sharknado on SyFy or Chillr or whatever. It is patently terrible and unwatchable, as was the second season of The Politician and the final (Emmy winning!!!) season of Pose. Just absolute shit not worth watching.

And yet people return every season and pretend it's going to be good.

It's like SNL: it's almost always embarrassingly bad, and yet we always remember past seasons as being good. It's never good, though.

by Anonymousreply 369October 21, 2021 12:57 PM

Best thing out of this shitty season is I get to jack off to Cody Fern afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 370October 21, 2021 1:03 PM

This show is still on TV?

by Anonymousreply 371October 21, 2021 1:10 PM

R370 How does one get him to come round to one’s abode please?

by Anonymousreply 372October 21, 2021 1:10 PM

Reading the reviews online, from both professional critics and casual viewers, I'm debating simply deleting the episode from my DVR and not bothering with it.

by Anonymousreply 373October 21, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]I said that midway through season three and by the end of season three, I was frustrated out of my mind and so disappointed. I watched part of the next season and found it unwatchably bad.

Sorry, season four "American Horror Story: Freak Show" was fucking brilliant. Lange as a legless German chanteuse snuff film star, Naomi Grossman as heartbreaking Pepper, Finn Wittrock and Frances Conroy as the insane mother & son, great performances by the "freaks", plus Sarah Paulson as the twins with flawless FX. And then there was John Carroll Lynch as Twisty the Clown who should have won an Emmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374October 21, 2021 4:12 PM

...and the unforgettable Grace Gummer R374 !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 21, 2021 4:22 PM

The insufferable ones for me are Cult and this very season.

by Anonymousreply 376October 21, 2021 4:23 PM

"I also can't believe how awful Craig Sheffer was as Richard Nixon."

I felt like he was doing an imitation of Rich Little doing Nixon. Where was the director?

And that Cody Fern? I saw a high school production of e Crucible where the acting was more convincing. Year one drama class.

by Anonymousreply 377October 21, 2021 6:16 PM

I felt like Cody fern was trying to act like Jared Kushner. Bad choice.

by Anonymousreply 378October 21, 2021 6:30 PM

WTF did I just watch?

Exactly HOW was the first part tied with the alien part?

by Anonymousreply 379October 21, 2021 6:30 PM

Why were people expecting both parts to tie together?

by Anonymousreply 380October 21, 2021 9:22 PM

Trying in vain to find the promised connection between the two stories. Is the Chemist also Theta? Splain this to me please somebody.

by Anonymousreply 381October 21, 2021 9:39 PM

Because every season is supposed to be connected somehow..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 21, 2021 9:40 PM

Neither story this season seemed connected to any previous season. Maybe they're trying not to do that anymore?

by Anonymousreply 383October 21, 2021 9:46 PM

Aliens they introduced and forgot about season 3ish or so.

by Anonymousreply 384October 21, 2021 9:54 PM

Right, R384 but the aliens from Asylum didn't seem to be after the same things as the aliens in Death Valley.

by Anonymousreply 385October 21, 2021 10:01 PM

And Mamie Goddamned Eisenhower doesn't dance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386October 21, 2021 10:12 PM

I am just so fucking annoyed right now - just watched the episode. Yeah, I am done with the show I think.

Some good seasons along the way, some great moments, but this was absolute shit.

And as it got closer to the end, I kept thinking - how are they going to wrap this up in four minutes... easy, they're not. I just kept hoping for someone to say cut and to pull back to show we were on a movie set, something.... but nope.

One thing's for sure, Emmy-winning Actor Evan Peters is probably done with this show, and Sarah Paulson is running for the hills as well.

by Anonymousreply 387October 21, 2021 11:10 PM

I am an outlier obviously but I thought Freak Show was dumb and poorly written, and the only thing I recall not liking at all about Asylum was the 'name game' bullshit. I found it uncomfortable to watch, and it begat the annoying promise of Jessica Lange getting a wish-fulfillment song and dance in seasons that followed.

I also dislike a lot of the stock players and find them difficult to watch. I loved Jessica Lange before AHS and I loved her in the first season. After that, she annoyed me. I have no good reason for it, but Sarah Paulson is a very tedious actor to me. I don't know what it is...it may be her frailness and her voice, and that's not really a fair reason to dislike someone, but at best she strikes me as a competent all-purpose TV drama actress. However, I know I am in the minority and that she is revered by all.

And then there are all the other annoying cast members, too many to name.

I would probably like most of these people in different productions. It's likely really just the show that annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 388October 21, 2021 11:28 PM

that was it?? What the actual fuck

by Anonymousreply 389October 22, 2021 12:05 AM

Legends of Tomorrow did an alien-human hybrid story arc that included Amelia Earhart last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390October 22, 2021 1:03 AM

Wow so AHS is ripping off CW shows now? I'm done with AHS!

by Anonymousreply 391October 22, 2021 1:07 AM

So, how much did Lily Rabe make being a main character with barely any screen time necessary?

by Anonymousreply 392October 22, 2021 1:10 AM

$32.00

by Anonymousreply 393October 22, 2021 1:28 AM

She was in the opening credits so she got paid for every episode.

by Anonymousreply 394October 22, 2021 1:34 AM

PLEASE 'splain!

by Anonymousreply 395October 22, 2021 1:49 AM

Wait. That was the season finale????

by Anonymousreply 396October 22, 2021 2:12 AM

It’s like they left the last 15 minutes off. That wasn’t an ending at all.

So the alien babies are going to take over the earth and wipe out humanity....okay. So very anticlimactic.

by Anonymousreply 397October 22, 2021 2:24 AM

The only thing I can think of that ties everything together is conspiracy theories.

The whole black pill idea is a far right idea, my friends who got sucked into QAnon would use the term all the time - I’ve been black pilled.. Hollywood and creative types feeding off the blood of babies for youth and vitality Lizard people in the government Aliens and Area 51 The Moon Landing was faked Kennedy assassination

by Anonymousreply 398October 22, 2021 2:33 AM

R398 And Watergate was about bugging the aliens’ offices and Marilyn Monroe was killed because she was spilling the beans about Kennedy and Eisenhower’s deal with the aliens.

by Anonymousreply 399October 22, 2021 4:03 AM

In fairness John Dean was oily enough to be one those aliens

by Anonymousreply 400October 22, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote] The only thing I can think of that ties everything together is conspiracy theories.

Maybe. Lily Rape's character made such a big deal of Lyme disease, in at least three episodes, I think, in the beginning that it seemed like that would have to play a role but it didn't.

But there is a conspiracy theory—one taken seriously, which Congress ordered an investigation into—that the Lyme disease epidemic may have been unintentionally caused by a genetically engineered strain of the infectious disease getting out of the Plum Island animal research lab (a government bio warfare facility) off the coast of Lyme, Connecticut. A science writer from Stanford wrote a book with documentation about it and that has triggered a congressional investigation.

But anyway, if that were part of the inspiration, the writers have failed abysmally with following through and making sense of the stories. It's like they just throw things into a blender, slop it out onto a plate and serve it up with half the story still in the blender.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401October 22, 2021 9:26 AM

Do Neal McDonough show his daddy's ass?

by Anonymousreply 402October 22, 2021 9:36 AM

[quote]So, how much did Lily Rabe make being a main character with barely any screen time necessary?

She was supposed to be in the entire season but was explained above they let her go so she could be in "The Tender Bar" directed by George Clooney and she is getting Oscar Buzz. Murphy is loyal and didn't hold her back. Or as Datalounge lore would have it, Murphy was too busy fucking all the good looking guys on the casting couch to notice she was gone.

by Anonymousreply 403October 22, 2021 10:53 AM

Does Cody Fern show any skin?

by Anonymousreply 404October 22, 2021 11:13 AM

No and doesn't show any acting ability either. Love the lipstick for the b&w photography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405October 22, 2021 11:21 AM

Both parts of the season seem like shortened regular seasons, but I'm not sure which one was more coherent. I certainly enjoyed the characters, setting, and story of Red Sand more than Death Valley.

by Anonymousreply 406October 22, 2021 11:27 AM

As someone on another forum about Cody’s role. Valiant Thor was just Michael Langdon in a different font.

by Anonymousreply 407October 22, 2021 12:17 PM

They Shoot Dead Series, Don't They?

by Anonymousreply 408October 22, 2021 12:20 PM

Cody looked good at least

by Anonymousreply 409October 22, 2021 12:30 PM

What’s Red Sand R406?

by Anonymousreply 410October 22, 2021 1:26 PM

Sorry R410 I meant Red Waves.

by Anonymousreply 411October 22, 2021 1:33 PM

Cody Fern is hideous and a terrible actor. Looks like a creepy cousin who still ives at home and eats his boogers.

by Anonymousreply 412October 22, 2021 1:33 PM

Wasn’t it Red Tide, what show DID I watch???

by Anonymousreply 413October 22, 2021 1:35 PM

Blood Dock?

by Anonymousreply 414October 22, 2021 1:36 PM

I liked that they put a giant disco ball on Kaia Gerber's head so she couldn't talk anymore.

by Anonymousreply 415October 22, 2021 2:34 PM

The disco ball gave a better performance

by Anonymousreply 416October 22, 2021 3:19 PM

Why doesn't Ryan Murphy do us all a favor and quit making bad horror and start making okay gay porn?

by Anonymousreply 417October 22, 2021 3:21 PM

Red Splash

by Anonymousreply 418October 22, 2021 3:24 PM

Looks like everybody else gave up on it before the finale, as it was the 2nd lowest-rated show of the whole season.

AHS fans were extremely loyal fans at one time, so for them to abandon the show like they have, just shows how far the show has fallen.

by Anonymousreply 419October 22, 2021 3:35 PM

Mamie Eisenhower liked it when aliens packed her fudge. And then her head exploded.

by Anonymousreply 420October 22, 2021 3:42 PM

“Cal” is still loading up TikToks with him and the BF bloodied and massacred dancing around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 22, 2021 7:04 PM

Can someone please put Cody Fern out of our misery? He's not attractive and he can't act.

by Anonymousreply 422October 23, 2021 9:21 AM

I have been traveling for work and I feel obligated to finish this mess because I started it (plus some schadenfreude, I admit). I just saw the penultimate episode. My thoughts no one asked for:

—The sound effects and soundtrack are WAY out of balance with the dialogue. I felt like I was being assaulted by my TV speakers when people screamed or music played. And because there are so many surprise musical cues intended to scare, I ended up watching about 10 minutes of it muted with subtitles because of the loudness. (I am not ancient—43—but I have some hearing loss in one ear and the nerve damage makes loud sounds painful.)

—I see the complaints above about Cody Fern and what he must have been thinking acting like Jared Kushner, but I would cut him a break here. He literally flipped his lid and showed he is at least part robot. He's acting robotically because he is playing a robot. He's also depicting fabled Valiant Thor, who had a classic "men in black" demeanor of being almost supernaturally calm and reserved and pleasant acting and having a strange effect on those he met. It's obvious to me that Cody Fern was directed to behave as he is behaving. As with the rest of the series, the problem is the writing, not necessarily the acting.

—All the characters remain unlikable, as usual. I do have to remind myself that it's not the actors' faults. When I see the cast members as throwaway, wooden stock players with little ability beyond memorizing and reciting lines, I have to remember that Evan Peters gave a brilliant TV performance at the same level as fucking Kate Winslet on a better-written and better-directed TV show, after many years of only being seen as a dreamy-looking psycho killer on AHS. I thought he had little talent and he just needed better material and freedom not to act like a puppet. I still dislike most AHS actors because of their characters, though.

—I haven't mentioned the story much here. It's not worth mentioning.

—The B&W part seems to be all-out camp. I just realized that. I was thrown because the Red Tide part seemed to be a little more serious? But the 1950s scenes are schlocky fan fiction pastiches that combine lots of old political figures and War of the Worlds-era space stuff, I guess. It is really dumb but at least it seems to be intentionally dumb.

—The color/modern part is dumb but the tone feels to me like we are supposed to take it more seriously? There are no celebrity characters like in the 50s-era part and so I don't see what one has to do with the other even tonally, not to mention storywise.

—For those obsessed with finding connections to other seasons, one could argue that there are small passing references. In this episode, Ike went down into an underground bunker where people were being experimented on and he asked what it was. "Val" (ugh) told him it was built for people to survive a nuclear apocalypse. So perhaps that ties it to the apocalypse season in which people lived in such a bunker, if not that very one. If that were intended to be a direct reference to another season, it could have been more obvious and more drawn out, but the writing on this show is terrible through and through, so why would anyone expect better?

Overall, it's incredible to me how poor the writing is season after season. I honestly think FX could save a lot of money by lifting fan fiction from teenagers off the Internet, pay a few bucks to the authors, and tell a better story.

by Anonymousreply 423October 23, 2021 10:57 AM

Red Tide and Death Valley both seem like abridged full seasons. Maybe there were initial connections to other seasons that got trimmed, along with a bunch of other stuff, when both stories were jammed into one season.

by Anonymousreply 424October 23, 2021 11:06 AM

When FX was new, John Landgraf said that his vision for the network was to create a basic-cable version of HBO. The network gave us The Shield, The Americans, Fargo, Justified, Atlanta, Damages, Archer. These all fulfill that vision, with better-than-average, off-kilter stories that all have a clear vision and direction of their own. Corporate auteur TV. HBO might broadcast these on a spinoff network, HBO Extras or something.

HBO might have aired the first and maybe the second seasons of AHS because they were novel and visually and tonally striking. But my God, the show crashed and burned early, and FX has taken its branding downhill by continuing to air it. I don't know what spell Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have cast over their networks. They've made Razzie-worthy TV for a decade and keep getting richer.

Speaking of Brad Goop Falchuk, he is Murphy's producing partner on most of these shows but he never gets any blame. He cowrote the final episode of this season, guys, and he is co-creator of the series. He deserves as much blame as Murphy does but his name is never invoked. He also has cast his wife in Glee and The Politician.

by Anonymousreply 425October 23, 2021 11:08 AM

Excuse me, did you order the douche for two?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 23, 2021 11:10 AM

I think Nip/Tuck was the spell they cast over FX, R425.

by Anonymousreply 427October 23, 2021 11:11 AM

R427 I think so, too, but they cast a similar spell over at Fox with Glee, and Fox ultimately canceled Glee and (I think?) only gave the Murphy-Falchuk team one more shot with that awful horror-comedy AHS spinoff before pulling the plug on them.

I don't pay attention to ratings anymore. I can only assume that the series pull in enough viewers to get enough ads to make FX executives profit and that's the explanation they keep airing crap.

I guess the reason I mention the "basic-cable HBO" vision is because HBO has a clear brand identity that promises they'll keep going in new directions creatively, will take chances and experiment with story and storytelling approaches, and will always at least aim for the best possible quality in all regards—writing, acting, direction, art direction, music—and when they miss the mark, they pull the plug, so you can expect HBO will not be a trash factory and you respect that they are always coming up with things that are new and different. FX was like that originally and now it's a trash factory, and it seems like they've sold out and lost their brand vision.

by Anonymousreply 428October 23, 2021 11:38 AM

Why all the Cody Fern hate? I think he's attractive and a good actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429October 23, 2021 11:42 AM

R429 No, he's not attractive, and no, he's not a good actor. When I watch him, I'm reminded of Madonna. They're both so deliberate and self-conscious when they act. It's like you can practically hear them saying to themselves, "Try to make it look like you're not acting." But it just doesn't work.

Fern must be one good fuck. Otherwise, he'd have never gotten the opportunities he's had based on his acting prowess.

by Anonymousreply 430October 23, 2021 12:16 PM

[quote] “Cal” is still loading up TikToks with him and the BF bloodied and massacred dancing around.

Boy, they are milking their small little part on this show, for EVERYTHING they can on social media, aren't they?

Clearly, these two aren't actors. They're silly little children.

by Anonymousreply 431October 23, 2021 12:17 PM

R429 I would guess most of the hate for him has to do with his attention-seeking antics after he became known during the apocalypse season. He is obviously attractive to most people because he became fairly well known as a breakout star even though AHS is a relatively niche show. He became known because of his looks—so I think that settles the "he isn't attractive" [to most people] argument.

He tried to capitalize on his notoriety (as celebrities often do) by standing out. He stood out by erasing his prior Instagram posts altogether, which raised some disapproving eyebrows because it showed he is orchestrating his image, and he began making red-carpet appearances in gender-bending outfits that got him talked about. He became better known to more people whose reactions were along the lines of "is that a guy or a girl?" and that backfired because of homophobia, transphobia and, it has to be said, attentionseekingphobia. People who resent him for it are probably mostly the same people who loathe Billy Porter for the same antics, showing up on red carpets in dresses with makeup on, etc.

I think this is double edged: on one hand, neither of them dressed like this before people paid attention to them and so yes, it does seem inauthentic and performative for the sake of getting attention. On the other hand, they are both actors and by definition their job is to be performative and to play characters inauthentic to their real personalities.

Many people just hate them because they've worn women's clothes. Many people hate Billy Porter because he is preachy and holier than thou, which I can understand, but I find it interesting people have similar resentment for Cody Fern, who has dressed in women's clothes but who to my knowledge doesn't go around preaching about why he has risen above victimhood and is superior to you, the oppressor. So it seems to me that most of the hatred, while often ascribed to Porter's preachiness, probably really is about him wearing women's clothes and makeup.

I don't care at all if women wear suits or men wear dresses. I am a gay man and I am sexually turned off by men who dress like women, but I don't need to be sexually turned on by every person in order not to hate them. I am fine with anyone, gay or straight or other, expressing themselves as they see fit to do whether it gives me a boner and sex fantasies or not. I think there's a pervasive pathology among many men of any sexuality that makes them hate anyone they think should be fuckable but confounds their desire to fuck them.

All of that said, I just looked up Cody Fern's Instagram account and it has been changed again. The last time I looked, it was primarily photos of him dressed like he is dressed in the photo I am linking here. This is when he was seeking attention as a gender-bending fashion 'influencer.' He appears to have scrubbed all such photos from his Instagram account and now is presenting an "I'm a fuckable dude" image. So whether it makes you hate him or not, there's little question that he is certainly orchestrating a carefully cultivated public image designed to make people talk about him. Which many celebrities do; however, it is interesting that he seems to present little of his authentic self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432October 23, 2021 12:25 PM

Good analysis, R432.

by Anonymousreply 433October 23, 2021 12:33 PM

[quote] Can someone please put Cody Fern out of our misery? He's not attractive and he can't act.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434October 23, 2021 12:41 PM

Cody has some looks that don't make him attractive (like R429) but I thought he looked rather handsome in this, and quite pretty in The Darren Criss Showcase.

by Anonymousreply 435October 23, 2021 12:45 PM

Cody could take on some of Armie Hammer's lost roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436October 23, 2021 12:50 PM

I'm not personally into the gender-swap attire (as I blathered on about above), but I think the son-of-Satan eyeshadow they put on him for AHS is a winner and he should employ it when he wants to be sexy. His eyes are a beautiful gray-blue but they're not very large and something about the shape or placement makes his face overall a little less remarkable than it could be, and the red stripe of eye makeup transforms his whole face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 23, 2021 1:18 PM

R428 "I think so, too, but they cast a similar spell over at Fox with Glee, and Fox ultimately canceled Glee and (I think?) only gave the Murphy-Falchuk team one more shot with that awful horror-comedy AHS spinoff before pulling the plug on them.

I don't pay attention to ratings anymore."

You better had stopped there since you've never heard of FOX's 9-1-1. Now in its fifth season and the opener in September had the highest rating for any scripted series in that week.

Not bad for "one more shot" at FOX after two seasons of SCREAM QUEENS that came after the failure THE NEW NORMAL (another "one more shot"). And then there is also 9-1-1: LONE STAR. But I don't explain it further since you seem to be more into believing someone has cast a "spell" on a network. Sure!

by Anonymousreply 438October 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Fern

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439October 23, 2021 1:32 PM

R432 I'm not familiar at all with his social media antics. My opinions of him are based solely on what I observe when he attempts to act. He's not good. I don't find him attractive at all, but I don't find him repulsive. He's just "meh." Nothing about him stands out.

by Anonymousreply 440October 23, 2021 2:09 PM

R440 - You have a lot invested in your Cody Fern disdain.

by Anonymousreply 441October 23, 2021 2:13 PM

R441 I think you're unfamiliar with how DL works. You see, dear, people on this thread are discussing Cody Fern. Someone posts something, someone else replies, and so on and so on and so on...

It doesn't mean anyone's "invested" in Cody Fern. Sounds to me like *you've* got quite an investment in him, though, since your tiny little porcupine quills seems to sprout up if anyone says anything less than glowing about him.

by Anonymousreply 442October 23, 2021 2:17 PM

^ Been watching The Devil Wears Prada, have we?

by Anonymousreply 443October 23, 2021 2:25 PM

R442 secretly loves Cody Fern.

by Anonymousreply 444October 23, 2021 2:27 PM

R443 Cody's boyfriend is very upset that we're not all fawning over him today.

by Anonymousreply 445October 23, 2021 2:27 PM

Cody brings out a jealous nature in some gay men.

They desire him, yet hate him because they aren't him.

It's The Cody Effect.

by Anonymousreply 446October 23, 2021 2:39 PM

Were Cody’s parents related? With a name like “Cody” and those wide spread eyes, I’m assuming they were.

by Anonymousreply 447October 23, 2021 2:40 PM

R446 Uh huh. Thanks for weighing in, Cody.

by Anonymousreply 448October 23, 2021 2:44 PM

Billy Porter doesn't wear women's clothes. His outfits are custom made for him.

by Anonymousreply 449October 23, 2021 4:25 PM

Regarding this season, I think producers made a misstep: the 50s alien storyline was actually really good and should've been the entire season. The vampire nonsense should've been scrapped.

by Anonymousreply 450October 23, 2021 4:35 PM

R447 - if his parents were related, he’d be named Senator Hawley.

by Anonymousreply 451October 23, 2021 5:02 PM

I wonder if the witches from Coven could take on the aliens in a future season?

by Anonymousreply 452October 23, 2021 6:14 PM

R450 - I think the vampire part was good, but I wanted a connection to Hotel. That would have made for a better connection to the vampires ending up in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 453October 23, 2021 6:25 PM

R450 I actually preferred the vampires from the Hotel season to this one. It wasn't bad, per se and I kinda appreciated the poetic justice of the vampire storyline, although it got ridiculous in the end with the resident evil scenes. I just thought that the Alien storyline had more of a presence than the Vampire one, and could've easily be an entire season on its own. I enjoyed the Territory Zone-esque black and white scenes telling the past and while the in color scenes told the present.

I must also add, Angelica Ross is a passable actor-actress. Not sure how much she had to be directed, though, but she did a decent job. Cindy Crawford's daughter is alright too.

by Anonymousreply 454October 23, 2021 6:37 PM

Ryan Murphy has his group of talented actors, and THEY are what make the seasons memorable. The plotting and writing is pure shit. It feels thrown together, year after year, as if they’re making it up as they go.

This series’ success lies in the hands of the talented performers keeping a straight face and delivering memorable characters despite the shitty writing.

by Anonymousreply 455October 23, 2021 8:27 PM

Sarah Paulson knew this season was going to be a bigger dumpster fire than Roanoke, Cult and 1984 combined. No wonder she asked for more money and a producer credit.

Ryan Murphy sure knows how to run shows into the ground. If only they'd make him the showrunner for The Neighborhood, B Positive and A Million Little Things. Those shows fucking suck.

by Anonymousreply 456October 23, 2021 8:57 PM

I thought the version of Nixon on Dr Who when the 11th Doctor's Tardis landed in the Oval Office was bad, but it was brilliant and accurate compared to Nixon in Death Valley.

I get they they wanted an open and ambiguous ending to go along with the open ending of Red Tide, but there is a way to do that, and a way not to. This was how not to, it just seemed like they ran out of time, and couldn't finish. AHS has had extended length finales before, and they probably could have used an extra 10 or 15 minutes on Death Valley. Of course, the whole thing was a shit show, so it probably wouldn't have helped. At least the boys had nice bodies, and looked good in their tighty whities.

by Anonymousreply 457October 23, 2021 9:09 PM

This does seem to tie into Apocalypse. Michael Langdon appears to be working with the aliens in that season because the characters eat those same nutrient cubes in the bomb shelters and emails on Langdon's laptop mention multiple failed attempts at hybridization. Not to mention they could've have given those two guys the technology to create the Mead android. If the aliens are working with the antichrist then they're not as invincible as they make themselves out to be.

by Anonymousreply 458October 24, 2021 2:46 AM

Red tides supposed to be about sirens and ocean but the pandemic made it impossible to film the season on the sea. So they have to change to vampire. And then the production was stopped because of the pandemic, so they have to wrap up everything in the fifth episode. So the entire season is a mess. Not Ryan Murphy fault though.

by Anonymousreply 459October 24, 2021 10:15 AM

What country are you posting from, R459?

Russia or china?

Your English is BAD.

by Anonymousreply 460October 24, 2021 11:27 AM

R459 Not his fault, and yet most pre-pandemic seasons are as messy as this one is. See also the second season of The Politician, which is as stupid and as nonsensical as this mess was.

by Anonymousreply 461October 24, 2021 12:37 PM

R460 I am Russian who promote Donald Trump on this platform. I get 1 USD per every reply

by Anonymousreply 462October 24, 2021 12:39 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463October 24, 2021 1:25 PM

How did this thread turn out to be about this Cody actor?

Everyone was discussing how bad the storyline and script was. Sometimes you cannot blame the performers. The terrible scripts and ridiculous storylines are what ruins many TV shows and films. The performers can only do so much with awful scripts and ridiculously bad storylines.

This last season of AHS, was the absolute worst piece of shit I've ever wasted time on.

by Anonymousreply 464October 25, 2021 2:54 PM

TV watchers' short memories are as stupefying to me as the writing of this show.

Almost every season there is a near consensus that the season is one of the worst productions on TV. Sometimes it gets minimal points for an interesting premise that failed in execution and for style and ambiance. Actors sometimes get credit. (Sarah Paulson may have signed a deal with Satan because she is lauded as a great thespian no matter the role.) But the writing and the story always fail, according to viewer and critical consensus, with a few outliers who don't want more than spectacle.

And yet, every season, viewers complain that THIS one is terrible and THIS is the one that will drive them away.

And then next season, they say the same about that one and remember the prior one as better than it is. Crazy. There has to be some kind of "Mandela Effect" name for this collective amnesia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465October 25, 2021 3:24 PM

Year after year...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466October 25, 2021 3:25 PM

...after year...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467October 25, 2021 3:26 PM

Ryan Murphy has gone from phoning it in to mailing it in.

by Anonymousreply 468October 26, 2021 2:23 AM

He texts it in, R468. He's too lazy to buy stamps.

by Anonymousreply 469October 26, 2021 2:27 AM

Cmon, guys. Everything was shut down for two years because of a pandemic. No one could get to production offices or sets. How were writers supposed to do a good job? What, do you think they can just sit at desks at home and write? Of course not. You need a studio lot and lots and lots of cocaine. A couple of the writers were in physical withdrawal at home and that's how they came up with the black pill storyline, which I think is brilliant. Anyway, yeah, pandemic, so how can you expect the show wouldn't be shit like all prior pre-pandemic seasons?

by Anonymousreply 470October 26, 2021 2:39 AM

I think I enjoyed the first 1/3 of Red Tide.

by Anonymousreply 471October 26, 2021 3:00 AM

The first episode of Red Tide was pretty good. The second was not as good but not terrible. The rest were terrible in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 472October 26, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote] What, do you think they can just sit at desks at home and write?

Before there is dialogue, there’s a story, and stories by great writers have been imagined by them without the need for a writers’ room. The two stories used in this season stank badly.

by Anonymousreply 473October 26, 2021 3:32 AM

Cody

by Anonymousreply 474October 26, 2021 1:15 PM

I so wanted an really good scary abduction season. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 475October 26, 2021 4:22 PM

It really shouldn't be that hars to write an alien-abduction story with some real scares. The scenario potentially involves brutal medical experimentation, being held captive by terrifyingly super-intelligent beings, losing all sovreignty of one's body (and mind?), and so many other complications can arise from that. Instead, a half hour of young models talking about sex culminating in them being impregnated and their alien babies having their throats cut? I dunno. It seems like the AHS writers are simply abysmal writers.

by Anonymousreply 476October 26, 2021 5:46 PM

Murphy/Falchuk must buy off websites like Rotten Tomatoes. It shows only one critical review, and it reads "When both parts of Double Feature end this bad, it's hard to praise the season as a whole. So much wasted potential in both Red Tide and Death Valley."

And it gives the season an overall score of 81%.

Metacritic lists two reviews, both of them of the first episode of the season, with scores of 80% and 83%.

Those scores are absolute fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477October 27, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote]Murphy/Falchuk must buy off websites like Rotten Tomatoes.

Of course because what's the point in living if you don't have a good Rotten Tomatoes score.

by Anonymousreply 478October 27, 2021 12:15 PM

R478 Isn't it a bit of a leap from "they pay off websites for good publicity" to "they would end their lives if they got a bad review on Rotten Tomatoes"?

by Anonymousreply 479October 27, 2021 12:45 PM

Critics rarely still review a show after it's been on for ten years

by Anonymousreply 480October 27, 2021 2:06 PM

R480 And Murphy's shows have a formula that artificially inflate the reviews they get. Many of his series start off with a great premise and the first one to three episodes are fairly well written. Critics review the first one to three episodes of TV series in most cases and write reviews based on those episodes. That can work for most TV series since oftentimes the pilot is among the weakest of the episodes before the show gets into a groove, but with Murphy's/Falchuk's shows, the quality goes kaput after a promising start—and the reviews have already been filed and published based on the much better-quality beginning.

by Anonymousreply 481October 27, 2021 4:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!