Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Horror Story: Double Feature

Premieres this Wednesday on FX.

Get PUMPED, bitches!!

Will they address the Covid Outbreak in Provincetown??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 25, 2021 2:11 AM

Looks like Ryan Murphy's ripping off The Shining, The Hunger, and The Lost Boys in this one.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2021 7:23 PM

there's already a thread about this.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2021 7:25 PM

The premiere is this Wednesday!

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2021 7:45 PM

When does it premier? And is there more than one thread on this?

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2021 7:51 PM

Apparently there are two different story lines going on at the same time.

Looks like aliens versus monsters in a battle of some sort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Yet you couldn't post the link, R2?

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2021 11:46 AM

[quote] When does it premier?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2021 12:29 AM

Is this the official viewing thread in which I, and possibly one other person, will post?

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2021 12:29 AM

Denis O’Hare, Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe = yay!

I’m in. Even though Finn Wittrock playing yet another variation of Dandy is uninspired.

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2021 12:34 AM

R9 Try to say Finn Wittrock 3 times as fast as you can. (It can’t be done.)

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2021 12:47 AM

It's tonight, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2021 2:15 AM

Y'all watching now? I'm gonna wait until tomorrow for Hulu

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2021 2:19 AM

Finn is so fucking sexy

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2021 2:21 AM

I don’t know how to watch this show (I don’t even know if I get whatever channel it’s on—I have Sling TV), so can someone tell me how my lover Evan Peters fared tonight?

by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2021 2:23 AM

Evan hasn't been on yet

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2021 2:29 AM

I'm surprisingly still interested at 40 minute mark.

by Anonymousreply 16August 26, 2021 2:55 AM

Frances Conroy is serving up campy scenery chewing and I am living for it. This reminds me a lot of H.P. Lovecraft’s The Shadow over Innsmouth.

Also, nice nod with Patti Page’s Old Cape Cod.

by Anonymousreply 17August 26, 2021 3:00 AM

Wake me if and when Finn or Evan do the customary AHS nude scene.

by Anonymousreply 18August 26, 2021 3:17 AM

He’s ripping off ‘The Shining.’

by Anonymousreply 19August 26, 2021 3:22 AM

The wife will have her baby and the husband will eat it.

by Anonymousreply 20August 26, 2021 3:24 AM

Now he’s ripping off ‘The Walking Dead.’

by Anonymousreply 21August 26, 2021 3:26 AM

Now it’s ‘Rosemary’s Baby,’ where she’s compelled to eat raw bloody meat.

by Anonymousreply 22August 26, 2021 3:28 AM

I want FInn and Evan to get it on

by Anonymousreply 23August 26, 2021 3:42 AM

Rabe is just rape with the P upside down.

EVER THINK OF THAT?

by Anonymousreply 24August 26, 2021 3:56 AM

Enjoying it so far. The shorter number of episodes for each part might make for a tighter story.

by Anonymousreply 25August 26, 2021 4:05 AM

better than most seasons. At least at this point, I can actually follow what's going on which is more than I can say about most seasons.

by Anonymousreply 26August 26, 2021 4:24 AM

Was Evan on?

by Anonymousreply 27August 26, 2021 4:25 AM

R18 doubt there will be. Murphy has really decreased the nudity in the last few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 28August 26, 2021 4:28 AM

A horror story involving straight people moving to Provincetown? They probably wandered by the dick dock.

(Yes, I know it takes place at least partially out of season)

by Anonymousreply 29August 26, 2021 5:01 AM

R29, Finn actually goes by the dick dock and kills a trick there for blood.

by Anonymousreply 30August 26, 2021 5:16 AM

Zzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 31August 26, 2021 5:27 AM

[quote] Enjoying it so far. The shorter number of episodes for each part might make for a tighter story

[quote] better than most seasons. At least at this point, I can actually follow what's going on which is more than I can say about most seasons

I agree this season is off to a good start.

Number one, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are actually WRITING for the show again. They haven't written for this show in years.

The other thing is that Evan Peters is a producer and Sarah Paulson is an Executive Producer this season.

I think having the actors as producers is a very good thing. Those two have the most experience with this show, and they have a good sense of what does and doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 32August 26, 2021 9:01 AM

Evan Peters has lost a lot of weight.

But he looks good.

by Anonymousreply 33August 26, 2021 9:02 AM

Evan and Francis have great voices.

I loved their rendition of "Islands in the Stream."

Okay, so two questions:

1. Why do some people turn into vampire mega talents, and some turn into the grunting monsters roaming the streets?

2. Speaking of roaming the streets, don't the townspeople notice these creepy monster killers just wandering around eating people and animals in the middle of the day? And where ARE the townspeople?

by Anonymousreply 34August 26, 2021 10:50 AM

No spoilers please bitches

by Anonymousreply 35August 26, 2021 11:09 AM

Lily Rabe looks like Finn Wittrock's mother!

She's two years older than him, but she looks at least 5-10 years older than him.

by Anonymousreply 36August 26, 2021 11:12 AM

Sarah Paulson's character has already annoyed me after one scene.

by Anonymousreply 37August 26, 2021 11:57 AM

Now he's ripping off Nomadland!

by Anonymousreply 38August 26, 2021 12:25 PM

Rabe's Muppety fillers and the camera filters are distracting. Finn looks natural by contrast. Their kid plays the Bach Chaconne better than Itzhak Perlman.

I don't remember Grossman having a nose like Peggy Guggenheim's.

So far, so good. I'll keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 39August 26, 2021 1:11 PM

What's it about?

by Anonymousreply 40August 26, 2021 1:15 PM

It's about writer's block, weirdly underpopulated Provincetown in winter, and drugs.

by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2021 1:18 PM

I enjoyed it. The deserted town looked great and the "vampires" wandering around were creepy. Like the idea that the pill will turn you into a creature if you are not talented. Hope Rabe's character takes it and turns out she's a hack.

by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2021 1:23 PM

R34 - I think the vampire creatures will probably be some kind of sea vampires that come around seasonally. They already mentioned the pills were created by Dr. Something, so they’re probably made from the blood of the creatures. There’s something to the red lights and the constant mention of Lyme disease, though. Not sure what. There seems to be all kinds of references here - Rosemary’s Baby, The Shining, 30 Days of Night, probably Mother. I don’t know if that’s intentional, or if we expect it, so consciously piece that together on our own.

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2021 2:22 PM

Evan does have a great voice. He did a great job on… “Come As You Are.” And now he’s done “Islands In The Stream”? Evan, PLEASE dump your load in my tight hole.

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2021 4:06 PM

I'm really pissed off about the scheduling of this - I assumed that as they did in previous seasons of AHS, it would be available in the UK the day after it shows in the US, but I found out today it's going to be on Disney+ Star and not until sometime in October.

So we have to wait about 6 weeks, and this season is split into two stories so by the time we get the first episode, the first story will have already concluded and I will no doubt have seen spoilers online.

Fucking annoying!

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote] Sarah Paulson's character has already annoyed me after one scene.

I didn't even realize it was her at first, because the makeup job was so extreme.

But then I started hearing the lisp, and that's how I knew it was Sarah Paulson.

by Anonymousreply 46August 26, 2021 5:43 PM

So is it a half now half over? Is it four episodes for the first part and four for the second part?

by Anonymousreply 47August 26, 2021 9:14 PM

First part is 6 total so 4 left then the second part is 4 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 48August 26, 2021 9:23 PM

Nice, R30. Too bad we don't get to see his dick.

by Anonymousreply 49August 26, 2021 10:01 PM

Finn and Evan have some good chemistry with each other.

I love how flirty Evan is with Finn. Too bad a hookup isn't in their future.

by Anonymousreply 50August 26, 2021 10:10 PM

So Conroy’s role is based on Anne Rice right, who is Evan’s character mocking?

by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2021 10:24 PM

Though Macauley Culkin was good too.

by Anonymousreply 52August 26, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote] So Conroy’s role is based on Anne Rice right, who is Evan’s character mocking?

Maybe Anne Rice's gay son Christopher.

by Anonymousreply 53August 26, 2021 10:38 PM

Very good so far.

by Anonymousreply 54August 27, 2021 12:32 AM

How do you figure it was based on Anne Rice?

by Anonymousreply 55August 27, 2021 12:36 AM

Better than last season at this point but the series doesn't go off the rails until the last couple of episodes. Maybe, just once, this one will avoid it but I doubt it.

At least they spent a bit of time trying to explain why this family wouldn't leave since it makes zero sense that they'd stay after the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 56August 27, 2021 12:37 AM

It really makes a difference when Ryan Murphy writes for his own shows.

He knows what he wants to see in the story and characters, and that makes all the difference in the world.

by Anonymousreply 57August 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Macaulay still looks young, even though he's 41.

He certainly knows how to play a male prostitute quite well, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 58August 27, 2021 2:01 AM

Uh oh, Finn broke rule #1. Evan and frances are gonna be pissed!

The dick dock hustler was hot.

by Anonymousreply 59August 27, 2021 2:26 AM

Was that the actual dick dock?

by Anonymousreply 60August 27, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] Was that the actual dick dock?

The hot trick, who got stabbed to death, was there for some action.

by Anonymousreply 61August 27, 2021 3:21 AM

I'm not going back to Ryan Murphy. Every season the promos gets me excited, the first few episodes are good/okay, and then the rest of the season sucks ass. I watched the first season of The Candidate, and decided that I'm out. Out for good.

by Anonymousreply 62August 27, 2021 3:27 AM

R62 But then this is the season for you, being truncated two stories there’s less chance of fuck up. If there was ever a season to take a chance on I’d say this is it.

by Anonymousreply 63August 27, 2021 3:42 AM

I loved the first episode. I'm a sucker for movies/shows with a distinct atmosphere and sense of place. It's reminding me a lot of the Salem's Lot miniseries from1979, which is one of my favorites. Even the vampires look similar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 27, 2021 4:05 AM

I'd say that I'm surprised but I'm not.

The second episode did .23 in 18-49 key demo and had .581 million viewers.

The show is already renewed for the next few years anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 27, 2021 5:12 AM

The limo scene with Conroy and Peters was an homage to the Hunger right?

by Anonymousreply 66August 27, 2021 5:18 AM

This is the first season in a very long time that I was actually scared!

The vampires are creepy. Even during the day time.

And having them jump out at you out of nowhere, is always a good scare tactic.

Another creepy element is the emptiness of the town. The empty streets, the empty grocery store, the empty beach.

The only place that had people in it, was the dive bar with all the gay patrons! Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 67August 27, 2021 5:35 AM

[quote]Evan Peters has lost a lot of weight. But he looks good.

He's preparing for the film about The White Stripes, Evan is set to play Jack White. He doesn't even need makeup, he already has those dark circles under his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 68August 27, 2021 5:48 AM

I wish Ryan Murphy would have hired Matt Bomer in this season

But it seems like he doesn't like him much

by Anonymousreply 69August 27, 2021 5:58 AM

I think Bomer is busy with other projects like Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 70August 27, 2021 8:36 AM

R69, he just had him on American Horror Stories, he has another TV series on HBO Max as R70 said and he's shooting a Netflix mini-series right now.

Unlike some of the other actors on the show, he can does work outside of Ryan Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 27, 2021 8:44 AM

* can and does.

(Ryan's projects mostly suck unless they're based on real life. I'm sure American Love Story and Monica Lewinsky's show will be good. Unless one is doing one of those shows there doesn't seem to be much point these days because you won't get noticed.)

by Anonymousreply 72August 27, 2021 8:46 AM

It’s Billie Lourd who probably has to worry about getting work outside the Ryan Murphy Universe.

by Anonymousreply 73August 27, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] It’s Billie Lourd who probably has to worry about getting work outside the Ryan Murphy Universe.

If only she could be in a blockbuster movie series seen by billions around the world.

Hmmmm, something like..... STAR WARS.

by Anonymousreply 74August 27, 2021 2:02 PM

Lol, R74, maybe stunt casting based on her lineage? She’d have never been cast otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 75August 27, 2021 2:11 PM

I turned it off after five minutes, I could not buy Finn Wittrock and Lily Rabe as a married couple

Ryan just combining his regulars now with no thought as to whether the casting is effective or believable.

by Anonymousreply 76August 27, 2021 3:41 PM

Murphy employs Bomer regularly but he is not one of his “favorites”. Which given the awful roles he’s given Finn Wittrock and Sarah Paulson lately, is not actually a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 77August 27, 2021 3:49 PM

r76...shut the fuck up. And NO, you did not turn it off after 5 minutes...if you did, you wouldnt be here bitching about it, year after year. If the show was so horrible, it wouldnt be renewed repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 78August 27, 2021 4:06 PM

Oh God Ryan found the thread!

by Anonymousreply 79August 27, 2021 4:08 PM

“I type and type until I’m half dead and then they say, ‘His ideas are getting old!’”

by Anonymousreply 80August 27, 2021 4:10 PM

How am I just now hearing Evan is going to play Jack White? He does look a lot like him (but handsomer of course). I don’t think he has particularly dark circles under his eyes, though.

by Anonymousreply 81August 27, 2021 4:14 PM

Why does Jack White need a movie made about him?

by Anonymousreply 82August 27, 2021 4:18 PM

[quote] I don’t think he has particularly dark circles under his eyes, though.

He's always had them R81, and it's pretty noticeable.

Way back in season one, when he played Tate in AHS Murder House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 27, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote]Hmmmm, something like..... STAR WARS.

I like Billie Lourd but let's not act like she didn't get Star Wars because of her mother's association with it.

However, I liked her in Booksmart. Here in AHS it doesn't seem like she has much to do this season unless her lit agency character is going to go trying to track down her client.

by Anonymousreply 84August 27, 2021 4:34 PM

She's the dentist, R84, not the agent.

by Anonymousreply 85August 27, 2021 4:38 PM

R85, Well, then ... wow, okay. Woo.

Good luck to her in her future career.

by Anonymousreply 86August 27, 2021 4:42 PM

I'm thinking that Part I will be better than Part II.

The "Red Tide" vampires are scary, but I don't think the Area 51 aliens are going to be very scary.

by Anonymousreply 87August 27, 2021 6:25 PM

I'm not into vampires but this got me hooked after the 1st episode. The casting is quite good. Still hoping Finn, Evan and/or Macaulay will get it on sometime.

by Anonymousreply 88August 27, 2021 7:02 PM

I can't believe that I'm the only one who picked up the similarities to Salem's Lot.

by Anonymousreply 89August 27, 2021 7:19 PM

I can’t find any source that says Evan Peters is playing Jack White. I see a lot of discussion online stating he *looks like* Jack. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 90August 27, 2021 7:26 PM

I did too, R89. I half expected when the little girl was in bed, there’d be a levitating creature outside her bedroom window.

by Anonymousreply 91August 27, 2021 7:28 PM

Is it just me, or am I hearing the words "fuck" and "motherfucker" bandied about with even more abandon than in previous seasons? Even by old lady Frances Conroy!

by Anonymousreply 92August 27, 2021 7:28 PM

If Red Tide doesn't get derailed, then this has the potential to be the best season since Coven.

by Anonymousreply 93August 27, 2021 7:32 PM

Ugh. No to all Ryan murphy crap. Make room for other creators. All he does is thieve from others and slap his faggoty narcissistic name on it.

by Anonymousreply 94August 27, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote] If Red Tide doesn't get derailed, then this has the potential to be the best season since Coven.

I think it will be, R93.

Any decent writer can knock it out of the park, having to tell a story in only six episodes.

That's easy.

by Anonymousreply 95August 27, 2021 7:45 PM

r95...you must be overwhelmed with work and your living abode must be jam packed with awards.

by Anonymousreply 96August 27, 2021 7:57 PM

R94 does bring up a very valid point

Ryan Murphy does not actually create anything

Like Warhol, he is essentially a marketer for himself

by Anonymousreply 97August 27, 2021 8:01 PM

Ryan Murphy, for the most part, is a producer. People come to him to pitch him ideas and, when he likes the idea, he agrees to produce it while the creator gets to be the show runner and a co-creator credit title next to Ryan's name.

by Anonymousreply 98August 27, 2021 8:19 PM

OT, is Frances Conroy really that old or is she one of those performers who has always looked much older than her actual age?

FC even looked old on 'Six Feet Under' and how many years ago was that series on!

by Anonymousreply 99August 27, 2021 8:47 PM

R99, Frances is 68.

Also This show already did vampirism in American Horror Story: Hotel. They also didn't have teeth there so they used instruments to cut people open. However, that was a virus. This one so far is a pill that either enhances your creativity with the trade-off being a thirst for blood or if you're not naturally talented it turns you into a monster.

[quote]Ryan Murphy, for the most part, is a producer. People come to him to pitch him ideas and, when he likes the idea, he agrees to produce it while the creator gets to be the showrunner and a co-creator credit title next to Ryan's name.

This is true but there are cases where he keeps his hands off of the product (Boys in the Band and Halston) and cases where he puts them all over the product. Sometimes he only comes in at the start and the finish or one or the other.

With American Horror Stories he wrote "Rubber(wo)Man Part One" with Brad Falchuk. Part two was written by Brad Falchuk. The finale was written by Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk.

With American Horror Story Season 10 the first two episodes we just saw were written by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The next two were written by Brad Fulchuk. He'll probably come back and co-write or write the finale.

He usually gets involved with the American Horror Story franchise if anything.

by Anonymousreply 100August 27, 2021 8:52 PM

I’m so tired of vampires and zombies

by Anonymousreply 101August 27, 2021 9:23 PM

I agree r101. I was expecting something totally new and different this season. Right now I’m only watching it because it stars Finn Witrock and Lily Rabe, two of my all-time favorite AHS performers.

by Anonymousreply 102August 27, 2021 9:46 PM

I am betting that the two parts are going to tie together somehow.

The last time we saw aliens was Asylum and they were very interested in Kit Walker and his wife Alma.

Harry and Doris’ daughter is named Alma. Weird to reuse that name of all names.

by Anonymousreply 103August 28, 2021 12:30 AM

I love the vampire dance move💃🕺

I thought the season would be about sea monster or mermaid. But still the season is not bad.

by Anonymousreply 104August 28, 2021 1:53 AM

Just started watching. Never been to P-Town and it looks depressing as shit but I'm assuming it's due to winter.

I'm assuming the red lights coming on at night is explained at some point.

by Anonymousreply 105August 28, 2021 2:36 AM

Is the entire town vampires?

by Anonymousreply 106August 28, 2021 2:45 AM

R103 Isn’t she named after Alma Mahler?

by Anonymousreply 107August 28, 2021 3:39 AM

Alma in Asylum was black

by Anonymousreply 108August 28, 2021 3:43 AM

I'm shocked at how good this season is after the first 2 episodes. The concept is brilliant.

I've been to Provincetown many times, so it's fun to see all the familiar places. I've already counted a dozen places that I've had sex at.

by Anonymousreply 109August 28, 2021 4:24 AM

R109 Provincetown whore alert. The real life Provincetown vampire drink cum instead.

by Anonymousreply 110August 28, 2021 4:52 AM

I love Finn Wittrock. He has a natural masculine feeling with him. Unlike other celebrities who desperately trying to act manly.

by Anonymousreply 111August 28, 2021 4:53 AM

Finn is a total stud. Possibly the most beautiful man alive.

by Anonymousreply 112August 28, 2021 5:09 AM

Why does Finn look so hot with blood dripping from his mouth?

It's surreal to see P-Town so deserted when I'm used to seeing it with hordes of hot guys everywhere. I feel like this show is going to give P-Town a big boost in tourism, not that it needs it.

There should be a rule amongst the vampires that they aren't allowed to kill the foxes. Who in their right mind would want to kill an adorable fox?

by Anonymousreply 113August 28, 2021 5:50 AM

But the vampires are definitely helping keeping the deer ticks under control so they’re not all bad.

by Anonymousreply 114August 28, 2021 6:01 AM

Those are not vampires, they are dancers!

by Anonymousreply 115August 28, 2021 7:22 AM

The vampires are coming from inside the production trailer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 28, 2021 9:54 AM

This idea that Ryan Murphy doesn’t create anything is bullshit. Aside from some true stories, almost all of his shows are based on original ideas. If you want to talk about a prolific showrunner who doesn’t do shit, look at Greg Berlanti. The guy has forty shows on the air, all based on tired IP, and hasn’t written a single episode of any of them.

by Anonymousreply 117August 28, 2021 11:04 AM

Why is this article saying Evan is singing Dolly, when he’s obviously singing the Kenny part?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 28, 2021 2:43 PM

[quote] If you want to talk about a prolific showrunner who doesn’t do shit, look at Greg Berlanti.

To be fair, Greg Berlanti DOES hire the hottest twinks on television.

Just watch Titans, if you don't believe me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 28, 2021 2:46 PM

r118...because Dolly wrote the song.

by Anonymousreply 120August 28, 2021 3:52 PM

r118...sorry...it was written by the BeeGees...my bad...Im used to Dolly writing the vast majority of her material.

by Anonymousreply 121August 28, 2021 3:54 PM

Like me?

by Anonymousreply 122August 28, 2021 5:59 PM

Vampires again? Harry's experience with the pills practically mirrors Tristan (also Wittrock) shortly after he was turned in Hotel. Austin and Sarah/Belle are somewhat rehashes of Donovan and The Countess. Tuberculosis Karen is practically Hypodermic Sally's twin. Billie is playing the same exact character she played in Cult. Macaulay Culkin is doing a variation of his performance of Michael Alig from Party Monster and Leslie Grossman is back and she doesn't even have the range (thank you, Little Britain).

The acting is good for the most part. It's the blatant recycling of past storylines and elements from previous seasons that's annoying and frustrating. I know they've done this several times before but this time they've dialed it up the rehashing to ten.

by Anonymousreply 123August 30, 2021 2:41 AM

This is an extremely weird article, it highlights in the title a serial killer in P-town, drops in a sentence about it and never goes on from there. Was it a serial killer that preyed on Gay men?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 30, 2021 8:26 PM

I love how they make a not so veiled reference to Ryan Murphy having taken the black pills in order to become successful when in real life he looks more like one of those creatures untalented people become when they take them.

by Anonymousreply 125August 31, 2021 8:06 AM

Why no hot male nudity this year? When Finn and Evan are going to bare their butt?

by Anonymousreply 126August 31, 2021 1:08 PM

Why do the pills wear off over time if you have talent, but never seem to wear off if your are untalented? The flop vampires appear to be stuck forever in a zombie state. That seems like a major plot hole to me.

by Anonymousreply 127August 31, 2021 4:08 PM

The pills seem to compel the flop vampires to visit a tailor who specializes in oversized shoulder pads.

by Anonymousreply 128August 31, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote]Why no hot male nudity this year? When Finn and Evan are going to bare their butt?

He has toned it way down in general in the past few years.

You will never have a season like "American Horror Story: Hotel" ever again.

by Anonymousreply 129August 31, 2021 4:28 PM

R129 and that is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 130August 31, 2021 4:56 PM

R129, I think some of that has to do with people claiming he exploited the actors in Hotel (just using it as his "sex" fantasy) and also because AHS's audience includes the teens, even more so now than before. Except for Dennis, they all showed their asses. Even the guest stars did.

Ratched had some nudity from Finn Wittrock. The Boys in the Band had that "shower" scene but that mimicked the revival play, which nearly completely remade the original movie where that was also there + plus a couple of other quick scenes but he mostly stayed out of that production.

He's never reached Hotel or even The Normal Heart levels again.

by Anonymousreply 131August 31, 2021 5:41 PM

1984 was far from "toned down" R129. In fact it was pretty perverse.

by Anonymousreply 132August 31, 2021 5:54 PM

R132, Girl, you need to reread that conversation and learn to follow it.

It was toned down nudity-wise which is what that person was talking about in the quoted posted.

by Anonymousreply 133August 31, 2021 5:56 PM

Toned down, that rat mask they wanted to put on Winston was horrific!

by Anonymousreply 134August 31, 2021 5:58 PM

Not having had the pleasure of spending any time in P'Town, is there actual Dick Dock "action" in the bleak midwinter?

by Anonymousreply 135August 31, 2021 6:59 PM

Thanks, R135. Now I have this song playing in my head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 31, 2021 8:46 PM

And then that Hollywood show was disappointing nudity wise. Yes a bunch of extras got naked for that party scene. But almost all the main actors didnt do any nudity. In a show partially about prostitution? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 137August 31, 2021 9:10 PM

I remember a male group shower scene in 1984, but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 138August 31, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]If you want to talk about a prolific showrunner who doesn’t do shit, look at Greg Berlanti.

He's written at least an episode in almost all his recent series.

by Anonymousreply 139August 31, 2021 9:26 PM

R138, and they didn't show anything there. Like maybe blurry corner ass. Matthew Morrison jumped into a lake. That's it.

R137, all the men were fitted for prosthetics. They also said the script was originally a lot sexier/raunchier. Then Ryan backed out at the last minute and we got pubes from one of the main actors, and a couple of very, brief ass flashes where it was clear they went out of the way to not focus on any of it.

Yes, I know that if you want real nudity people should watch porn but it is interesting to note how much he has changed.

by Anonymousreply 140August 31, 2021 9:59 PM

R140 Oh wow I didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 141August 31, 2021 10:17 PM

What's Ryan's next project for Netflix? They've been really quiet concerning him.

Isn't he supposed to do a second season of Ratched and a series based on the Broadway show A Chorus Line?

by Anonymousreply 142August 31, 2021 11:33 PM

R142 He has said that he wanted Ratched to have 4 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 143August 31, 2021 11:49 PM

R142, Ratched S2 was granted with Season 1 but isn't scheduled and isn't shooting yet. His Dahmer project isn't scheduled until 2022. No news on A Chorus Line but it's early. So he has nothing else on Netflix for the rest of the year which is a drastic difference from last year.

Everything else (American Love Story, American Sports Story & American Crime) is FX.

by Anonymousreply 144August 31, 2021 11:55 PM

I’m enjoying it so far but then there’s a part of me that feels that this show really hasn’t progressed at all. It feels very much the same as so many of the past seasons. I’m actually enjoying that show “Slasher” on Shudder more that this. I’ll still watch it though. It’s great to see Macaulay again.

by Anonymousreply 145September 1, 2021 12:14 AM

American Sports Story? Christ.

by Anonymousreply 146September 1, 2021 12:21 AM

So, a little black pill turns one into a raging vampire? I'd rather watch "What We Do in the Shadows".

So far, this latest installment of AHS is a disaster, so many good performers wasted on a shitty storyline.

by Anonymousreply 147September 1, 2021 2:07 AM

Darren Criss won an Emmy for The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. It was basically one rear shot of his ass after the other (at least those were the animated gifs that went viral at the time).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 1, 2021 7:10 AM

R148, Scene of him dropping his towel to change clothes

Scene of him dropping his towel again to go out on a balcony

Scene of him diving into a pool right after that.

by Anonymousreply 149September 1, 2021 7:44 AM

r149, the point was that in 2018 this particular Murphy show still featured some nudity.

by Anonymousreply 150September 1, 2021 7:54 AM

Finn wittrock has a phat ass. His ass is as big as his head.

by Anonymousreply 151September 1, 2021 8:41 AM

Darren Criss is straight? LMAO

by Anonymousreply 152September 1, 2021 4:45 PM

He goes straight for your dick.

by Anonymousreply 153September 1, 2021 5:07 PM

The concept is actually brilliant though. Yes, I almost gave up after the first 20 minute but now I'm looking forward to this week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 154September 1, 2021 6:08 PM

New episode tonight.

The daughter is a vamp!

I'll bet you the mother will become a vamp too, now that her husband and daughter are both infected.

I think that's where her "lack of talent" in interior design will come in.

Everyone keeps telling her she can't design for shit, so instead of becoming better at interior design, she could just become one of the zombie vamps who roam the town.

by Anonymousreply 155September 1, 2021 7:10 PM

R150, The point was, it wasn't "basically one rear shot of his ass after the other." Also, so did Ratched?

by Anonymousreply 156September 1, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]New episode tonight. The daughter is a vamp! I'll bet you the mother will become a vamp too, now that her husband and daughter are both infected. I think that's where her "lack of talent" in interior design will come in. Everyone keeps telling her she can't design for shit, so instead of becoming better at interior design, she could just become one of the zombie vamps who roam the town.

The entire point is WHAT? A black pill turned these idiots into vampires. 😴🥱😴

This is the series entire premise? Vampires in some small town? That's original? Aren't there enough vampire and zombie TV shows and films? 🥱😴🥱

Are some outer space aliens coming?! Perhaps they can load up their spaceships with these dull vampires, then leave.

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 157September 1, 2021 7:24 PM

R155 First I thought the daughter will become one of the zombie vamps but apparently she was sucking the dead animal's blood (?) so she's naturally talented then.

by Anonymousreply 158September 1, 2021 7:28 PM

I bet the wife will become a bald vampire.

by Anonymousreply 159September 1, 2021 7:35 PM

When does it primer and whats it about?

by Anonymousreply 160September 1, 2021 7:54 PM

[quote] When does it primer and whats it about?

Are you posting from 2010?

by Anonymousreply 161September 1, 2021 8:00 PM

I wish Ryan had hired Zach Quinto for this season. Maybe he's in the 2nd part of the series.

by Anonymousreply 162September 1, 2021 8:37 PM

R162 No, he's most certainly not. Quinto had insisted in many interviews that he won't be returning to AHS as to escape from his usually recognized movie trope as a villain, a psychopathic character.

That's really a shame though. He was one hell of an actor for horror/ thriller shows.

by Anonymousreply 163September 1, 2021 8:48 PM

Is there a new episode tonight?

by Anonymousreply 164September 1, 2021 9:54 PM

Yes, R164.

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 165September 2, 2021 12:24 AM

R165 I will be.

by Anonymousreply 166September 2, 2021 12:38 AM

I have to wait for it to be on Hulu, so I’ll watch after work tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 167September 2, 2021 1:35 AM

^k , let me clear my calendar cause I really can't wait to hear your take on the episode.

by Anonymousreply 168September 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Well that got weird in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 169September 2, 2021 2:19 AM

Stop with the spoiler biatches!

by Anonymousreply 170September 2, 2021 2:20 AM

I can’t believe they’re talking about gay rape and rosebud prolapsed holes!

by Anonymousreply 171September 2, 2021 2:20 AM

R167 types poor.

by Anonymousreply 172September 2, 2021 2:53 AM

Who was the dick dock stud?

by Anonymousreply 173September 2, 2021 2:55 AM

Is Adina Porter trans?

by Anonymousreply 174September 2, 2021 3:01 AM

LOL at the guy calling 40 year old Macaulay Culkin a twink. That's about as laughable as Leslie No Range Grossman playing a student at Cordelia's academy as well as a teenage/20-ish camp counselor in her late 40's.

R174 No. That's Angelica Ross whose character created the drug.

by Anonymousreply 175September 2, 2021 4:03 AM

Adina Porter played the cop.

by Anonymousreply 176September 2, 2021 7:10 AM

I hope Finn will show us his ass. And maybe some sex scene. Love him. So sexy.

by Anonymousreply 177September 2, 2021 7:25 AM

[quote][R162] No, he's most certainly not. Quinto had insisted in many interviews that he won't be returning to AHS as to escape from his usually recognized movie trope as a villain, a psychopathic character. That's really a shame though. He was one hell of an actor for horror/ thriller shows.

Quinto had his own series, on AMC, NOS4A2, yes, he played a horror villain. There was a Season Two cliff hanger, unfortunately, Season 3 was cancelled. Ashleigh Cummings, who played the virginal naive Dot on Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, was excellent in this series. Ashleigh played a biker chick who was trying to destroy Quinto's character, Charlie Manx. She certainly has a range!

by Anonymousreply 178September 2, 2021 7:31 AM

We're half way through part 1, and I think I'm in for the rest of it.

I'm loving this season. Nothing too overly complicated. It's just a straight forward story.

Clearly, it's a metaphor for drug use, getting kids hooked on drugs, getting your friends and family involved, drug deals gone bad, murder, etc. It's truly what being on drugs is like. The whole lifestyle.

Even the vampire monster is a metaphor for a drug addict, because drugs literally suck the life out of people.

The characters, though, are what make the story interesting. And I'm loving the characters.

I am especially enamored with Macaulay Culkin. His character is very endearing. Plus, he's still attractive.

Hard to believe there are only three episodes left in part one, but I think this is a great format.

Instead of dragging out the story, it seems to be humming along nicely.

by Anonymousreply 179September 2, 2021 8:53 AM

Not sure I'd describe Macaulay as attractive.

by Anonymousreply 180September 2, 2021 11:51 AM

[quote] [R150], The point was, it wasn't "basically one rear shot of his ass after the other."

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you have Asperger's and doesn't get jokes. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 181September 2, 2021 12:13 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize you have Asperger's and don't get jokes.

by Anonymousreply 182September 2, 2021 12:14 PM

Finn should have been naked in that cell.

by Anonymousreply 183September 2, 2021 12:23 PM

Lily Rabe is obsessed with the danger of Lyme disease. She even mentions that it can cause serious nervous system damage. Lyme is an infectious disease caused by the bite of a tick, and the show is about vampires who bite...

Meanwhile, I believed from the time the first teasers were shown that the series would probably be set around Montauk, New York, because of the Montauk monsters that wash ashore, and because that is located near the Plum Island government biological research center where (this is history, not conspiracy theory) a German Nazi scientist named Erik Traub was brought over after WWII to research bioweapons. When he was in Germany, he proposed using ticks as a means of spreading a biological weapon that would make people so sick they'd be incapacitated but not die. (The Nazis said no, that's a bad idea; he was nevertheless imported by the US NIH to condict research here.) He has been accused of (this is conspiracy theory, not documented history) engineering Lyme disease as a bioweapon in Plum Island, with the disease escaping the lab via infected ticks that may have been carried away on birds and then spread throughout the region. Old Lyme, Connecticut, where Lyme was first discovered, is close to Plum Island.

American Horror Story always plays on American urban legends, and so I fully suspect these events will come into play: Lyme, biological warfare, a government research facility probably have something to do with the vampires and the black pills. Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 184September 2, 2021 12:34 PM

My FX was freezing up last night. Not sure what the he'll was going on but I missed it. The screen was frozen.

by Anonymousreply 185September 2, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote]Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you have Asperger's and doesn't get jokes. My bad.

—Anonymous

[quote]Sorry, I didn't realize you have Asperger's and don't get jokes.

Oh, R181, R182, sweety. In order for something to be a joke, it would actually have to be funny.

Also, you've already lost when you have to repost your "insult" because you fucked up the first time.

Let me pull a "you" and say that again.

Also, you've already lost when you have to repost your "insult" because you fucked up the first time.

by Anonymousreply 186September 2, 2021 1:20 PM

r179, what did you mean by 3 episodes left before the end of part 1? Is part 2 about the aliens?

by Anonymousreply 187September 2, 2021 1:27 PM

r186, Again, I'm sorry that your Asperger's didn't get the initial joke that, because of your Asperger's, you didn't think was funny.

Please, guys. Let's all be more considerate of the posters with Asperger's from now on and keep jokes to a minimum, all right?

by Anonymousreply 188September 2, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]Not sure I'd describe Macaulay as attractive.

Then you need your eyes checked!

Hee hee, owwwww!

by Anonymousreply 189September 2, 2021 1:48 PM

R179 I certainly like your metaphor analysis. Never thought of that while watching and god forbid I'm a literature student.

I just finished episode three and already been hooked. This season definitely has its potential to become one of the best ones of AHS after the last three seasons were deemed a flop.

by Anonymousreply 190September 2, 2021 3:02 PM

Queens, take it outside.

by Anonymousreply 191September 2, 2021 3:04 PM

Cody fern was announced to be one of the casts in part two of this season. Finger crossed we'll get some naked streamy scenes.

by Anonymousreply 192September 2, 2021 3:07 PM

I was a little disappointed with episode 3. Leslie Grossman is playing the same character and is too over the top for this story. The whole kidnapped for the rape/snuff film scene was a waste of time. It has nothing to do with the story. It could all be cut out and just have him return with the blood. Was nice to see Denis O'Hare back.

by Anonymousreply 193September 2, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote] Finn should have been naked in that cell.

Finn should have taken the 10 inches, before killing the "snuff" couple.

I wanted to see his rosebud! I wanted to see his "innie" become an "outie!"

[quote] what did you mean by 3 episodes left before the end of part 1? Is part 2 about the aliens?

Yes, someone upthread mentioned that there are six episodes total in part one, called "Red Tide."

Then part two will be called "Death Valley." That's why this season is called Double Feature.

From Wiki:

[quote] On March 19, 2021, Murphy revealed the seasons's title to be Double Feature; it will encompass two different stories, "one by the sea, one by the sand." Later, on Instagram, Murphy referred to "Double Feature" as "Two seasons for the fans airing in one calendar year... So double the viewing pleasure. One set by the sea. A second by the sand.

[quote] On July 27, 2021, the first official teaser was released on social media, confirming the titles of the two parts as Red Tide and Death Valley, respectively. Red Tide will span over the first six episodes and Death Valley over the last four episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 2, 2021 3:18 PM

The whole kidnapped for the rape/snuff film scene was a waste of time.

Omg, stop complaining!

1. It did serve a purpose, because it followed with the already established means of feeding set in episode one. They find druggies/criminals selling shit online, and then use them for food. In this case, Finn was looking for blood for himself and his daughter.

2. We got to to envision Finn having hot gay sex, without him actually having hot gay sex.

It's fucking storytelling! That's why it's called American Horror STORY.

Some of you are so damned boring. This show is supposed to fun, and not English Literature.

Just chill out and enjoy it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 195September 2, 2021 3:21 PM

I feel sorry for the person holding out for nudity in a Ryan Murphy production. Should we share links where they can find all the nudity on the Internet they could possibly want, including shots of asses that last longer than 3 seconds? I wouldn’t want the poor thing to do without.

by Anonymousreply 196September 2, 2021 3:39 PM

I thought of posting Adina Porter in the “Horrible Actor, perfect role” thread, but I haven’t seen her give a good performance in anything.

by Anonymousreply 197September 2, 2021 3:46 PM

R192 Cody’s playing Valiant Thor so it’s unlikely

by Anonymousreply 198September 2, 2021 6:05 PM

Adina Porter is fairly one note: and that note is "simmeringly angry."

by Anonymousreply 199September 2, 2021 6:12 PM

R180 He looked passable in Party Monster. I see shades of that performance in his AHS role.

by Anonymousreply 200September 2, 2021 6:23 PM

Is funky cold Adina related to Billy?

by Anonymousreply 201September 2, 2021 6:43 PM

If Finn Whitrock’s character is supposed to be talented then why does he struggle to even write a single sentence? Yes, writer’s block and all that, but still.

by Anonymousreply 202September 2, 2021 7:13 PM

What I love about Finn is how emotive his hair is. It flops, up, then down, then up again in moments of agitation, fright, desire, frustration, rage.

by Anonymousreply 203September 2, 2021 7:31 PM

Let’s hope the daughter talks her father into killing and drinking the mother.

by Anonymousreply 204September 2, 2021 7:34 PM

Thank you r194!

by Anonymousreply 205September 2, 2021 7:35 PM

R196 obviously nude images and porn exist, but in these sometimes shit Murphy shows nude hot actors were sometimes a bright spot in them.

by Anonymousreply 206September 2, 2021 7:35 PM

I've seen the previews for ACS. Edie Falco looks nothing like Hillary. She looks like a younger Olympia Dukakis instead. And Beanie Feldstein as Monica is a laugh. She obviously gave herself that role since she's one of the producers. It seems that they've been hyping her up and trying to make her the new best thing a lot lately. Honestly she looks like her brother in drag.

by Anonymousreply 207September 2, 2021 9:03 PM

Did Beanie and Jonah ever switch places in class to screw with their teachers?

by Anonymousreply 208September 2, 2021 9:25 PM

Honestly I hope the little brat of a daughter turns into a pale thing and dies.

by Anonymousreply 209September 2, 2021 11:50 PM

Me too, R209. She’s a little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 210September 2, 2021 11:54 PM

Your poverty offends me

by Anonymousreply 211September 3, 2021 12:00 AM

I hope lily Rabe survives and the bratty kid dies. Maybe Lily does have talent and she’ll wipe them all out.

by Anonymousreply 212September 3, 2021 12:02 AM

This show is so little like AHS both storywise and cinematographywise. Good in the first case, not great in the second.

I like that there is an actual coherent narrative and not just a montage of gross-out/scare scenes, and not a lot of camp nonsense. That's all good.

Still, I can't say the writing is very good. Episode three has some super clunky dialogue with the agent telling Culkin he's a meth head prostitute, etc. For someone who reads a lot of screenplays, she didn't get the note about showing and not telling. Everything that comes out of her mouth is exposition.

I agree that her character is too big for this small story. The setting of a small, shabby house in an abandoned beach town should be great for horror, but this loud woman clattering through and being too smart and figuring out the bizarre magical secret in a day is like...what? Why did that have to happen? It was pretty good up to that point...which could be Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk's corporate motto: "It was pretty good until episode three."

Finally, I was wondering when the old vampire lady threatened to kill the daughter if that is supposed to bother me. It doesn't. I don't really care what happens to any character. I haven't watched this show for so long that I forgot the 'story' is like watching playing pieces moved around and not like watching fiction with characters you invest in.

The show emphasizes two things about the wife: She's a wannabe creative person (and so she should end up being a street feeder) and she is obsessively worried about Lyme disease. Those have to come into play.

The poster shows the vampire creature underwater so I guess the next three episodes are going to need to submerge us. If this is about sea monsters, it's been curiously dry so far. Some blood did wash into the water when Culkin killed the guy. Maybe the sea critters drive people to kill so they can get some blood by the beach? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like this season better than many AHS series but it's still basically a messy Chillr show with better actors.

by Anonymousreply 213September 3, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote]Adina Porter is fairly one note: and that note is "simmeringly angry."

She can do more than that, the problem is that's the only thing he ever really writes for her except for in Season 1 when she played the boring patient.

[quote]Leslie Grossman is playing the same character and is too over the top for this story.

As soon as she started speaking, I said to myself, "There's the typical Ryan Murphy character." Over the top and weirdly out of place. She said "hip" stuff and is bitchy. I can see him twirling his mustache while approving her dialogue. I'm happy he's using Leslie again but she worked better in Popular and AHS: Apocalypse as "Coco" the witch who can tell when "things are dangerous." Her being comedic here just kind of throws the whole thing off in a way. I didn't get her in 1984 but I thought that whole thing was a mess.

He always writes her the same as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 3, 2021 12:33 AM

"Hello, meth head male prostitute. Did you come here to murder me in the neck with that knife and then drink my blood? You can, but then how will you write that Speed Racer movie I used my agent superpowers to get you overnight, sight unseen? I am trying my best, but I just don't think this shitty dialogue is going to get me an Emmy nomination this year."

by Anonymousreply 215September 3, 2021 12:38 AM

Agent: Meth head gay prostitutes don't write like this! No such thing as a homesless person with talent! You ahve a secret and I want it!!

Macaulay: The secret is a little black voodoo pill that makes writers genuises but also bloodthirsty killer vampires and I took a pill and became a genuis overnight.

Agent: This explanation makes sense to me. Take me to the chemist!

by Anonymousreply 216September 3, 2021 12:40 AM

Yeah her being so okay with it was crazy. She said something about a reality show so she is used to crazy shit. Sure. Whatever is most convenient writers.

by Anonymousreply 217September 3, 2021 12:47 AM

Brad Falchuck seems to know everything there is to know about "turning out" anuses.

by Anonymousreply 218September 3, 2021 1:34 PM

They are hinting strongly in some scenes that H-town already has some pill poppers.

by Anonymousreply 219September 3, 2021 3:38 PM

So that could connect to Hotel, R219?

by Anonymousreply 220September 3, 2021 3:40 PM

When are we going to see American Horror Story: Double Penetration?

by Anonymousreply 221September 3, 2021 3:42 PM

Episode three implied Quentin Tarantino takes the genius pill, which seriously diminished my ability to believe in the genius pill.

by Anonymousreply 222September 3, 2021 3:45 PM

Could be R220.

by Anonymousreply 223September 3, 2021 3:48 PM

Who got assburgers?

by Anonymousreply 224September 3, 2021 4:10 PM

I watched about the first 20 minutes of ep 1. Seems like complete trash to me.

by Anonymousreply 225September 3, 2021 4:14 PM

Like trash can't be fun? Some of y'all take this too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 226September 3, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote] I watched about the first 20 minutes of ep 1. Seems like complete trash to me.

Takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 227September 3, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]So that could connect to Hotel,

Maybe a Hotel vamp could be the source? Donovan is dead so it could be someone else the countess made.

But I think, just a guess, Sarah Paulson's character has something to do with it. She said she has something but you can't catch it unless you exchange bodily fluids.

I just feel like the characters were doing well and they're starting to act stupid now to drive the plot forward.

by Anonymousreply 228September 3, 2021 4:30 PM

Again, Lily Rabe is practically screaming LYME DISEASE, she said it causes neurological problems, and the cop asked the annoying violin girl if she has a bloodborne disease. I don't know how it will connect with the pill, but there has to be some kind of Lyme-related infectious disease in this plot. Rabe's character also mentioned rabies—rabies and Lyme were her fears when she caught her daughter sucking on a dead animal.

In reality, Lyme isn't bloodborne because it's too sensitive to high concentrations of oxygen and so it lives in anaerobic tissue, fatty neurological tissue, etc., but I wouldn't expect the writers to know that.

There is a malaria-like parasite called Babesia that is spread by both ticks and blood transfusions, and it invades red blood cells and depletes them of oxygen.

Anyway, the Lyme fear thing can't not play a role.

But there's too much going on between the magic pill, the artistic talent, the wacky writers, the asshole agent and the street vampires who evidently will turn out to be underwater things somehow unless the poster has nothing to do with the show.

by Anonymousreply 229September 3, 2021 5:05 PM

My guess is the little psycho bitch kills mom and possibly baby too. Dad, horrified by his psycho, undisciplined daughter who is always hung, kills her and himself.

I could be wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 230September 3, 2021 5:06 PM

Hungry, not hung...

by Anonymousreply 231September 3, 2021 5:07 PM

I think the agent serves quite effectively as a turning point in the story. She disrupts "a small, shabby house in an abandoned beach town", as described by the posters upthread.

With a loud, clattering, bitchy new character, the peaceful community of those vampires will be gradually shattered. It calls forth a turning point that should excite the story a bit.

by Anonymousreply 232September 3, 2021 5:09 PM

And yes, the daughter is annoying asf.

by Anonymousreply 233September 3, 2021 5:11 PM

As I said way upthread, you know damn well that the baby will be eaten or killed. Its what happens in the film mother!...and Belle sending SP out to get babies for her reinforces that prediction.

by Anonymousreply 234September 3, 2021 5:13 PM

Sarah Paulson’s character has some talent as a painter so I think, for unknown reasons, she’ll take the pill and become fabulous and somehow end everyone who was a dick to her. She’s going to be the last one standing...

by Anonymousreply 235September 3, 2021 6:27 PM

I haven't watched this shoddy series in many years but based on early seasons I have the feeling Sarah Paulson and/or Jessica Lange are always the last ones standing?

by Anonymousreply 236September 3, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote] Sarah Paulson’s character has some talent as a painter so I think, for unknown reasons, she’ll take the pill and become fabulous and somehow end everyone who was a dick to her. She’s going to be the last one standing...

That's what I was thinking too.

When she and Mickey were talking about taking the pill, the last thing she said was, "I won't do it." But we all know she did it.

Then she was absent from the episode this week.

I have a feeling she will return at the end as a successful artist. It was kind of obvious.

Also, from the previews for next week's episode, it looks like Leslie Grossman takes the pill and becomes a zombie vamp. Lol. Which makes sense, because she's a total hack.

by Anonymousreply 237September 3, 2021 6:38 PM

It's a typical temptation story. Of course the assholes will be weak and succumb. Mac Culkin is a 'star' beyond the Murphy stable of actors and his character is an underdog, so he will probably prevail along with Murphy's golden child.

by Anonymousreply 238September 3, 2021 6:43 PM

Yeah I think the SP and MC characters will be triumphant.

I had to love the campy gay decorator but was surprised the cop was killed so soon.

by Anonymousreply 239September 3, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] was surprised the cop was killed so soon

The bitch can't act!

by Anonymousreply 240September 3, 2021 6:56 PM

That bitch can't write!

by Anonymousreply 241September 3, 2021 6:59 PM

I'm curious where the portrayal of Satan as some hideous goat creature arose and in pop culture why the most beautiful angel would choose to even take on that guise if he could be a gorgeous man.

by Anonymousreply 242September 3, 2021 7:03 PM

[quote] That bitch can't write!

The bitch that can't write, gave you a JOB!

And if you don't like it, you can just walk.

by Anonymousreply 243September 3, 2021 7:03 PM

R243 I can't walk. I'm dead!

by Anonymousreply 244September 3, 2021 7:06 PM

Oh god, check this out. Isn't those our beloved eldergays???

"Old Gays and Old Lesbians React to American Horror Story"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 3, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote] The bitch that can't write, gave you a JOB!

Oh, dear.

"Who"

Oh, dear.

Comma splice

by Anonymousreply 246September 3, 2021 7:07 PM

Adina is talented! She was so good when she was on Project Runway years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 3, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] Adina is talented! She was so good when she was on Project Runway years ago.

I always love when she performs "Let It Go" from Frozen.

It's one of my favorite songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 3, 2021 7:37 PM

AHS: Bathhouse starring Evan Peters, Dylan McDermott, Finn Wittrock, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson, Darren Criss, Colton Haynes, and Cody Fern.

by Anonymousreply 249September 3, 2021 8:53 PM

Set in 1982 San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 250September 3, 2021 8:56 PM

I would watch that in a heartbeat, R249.

He should do something original like that, with a serial killer stalking gay men in bath houses.

That would actually be quite unique, and sexy at the same time.

AHS 11: Terror in the Bath House

by Anonymousreply 251September 3, 2021 8:59 PM

R249 Hot cast. I’d personally add John Carroll Lynch b/c I like ‘em big and beefy!

He’ be a regular guy and not the murderer.

by Anonymousreply 252September 3, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] Set in 1982 San Francisco.

The music for the season would be EPIC.

Can you just imagine the dark and smoky rooms, men in towels, steam permeating the building and sweat dripping from their bodies?

And then the creepy killer walking among them, stalking them, maybe even having sex with them.

If he must have females, they could be cops or friends or family members. Maybe even a wife with a closeted husband.

I think you were joking R249, but I think the story could actually work.

And it wouldn't be a repeat of previous seasons.

Not only that, but you could have gratuitous sex scenes which are actually RELEVANT to the story!

It's a win-win!

by Anonymousreply 253September 3, 2021 9:39 PM

You guys just want gay porn with murder.

Murphy's stories are terrible anyway but still, surely you can already find killer bathhouse movies on Pornhub or whatever. Did the snuff film setup get you worked up or something?

by Anonymousreply 254September 3, 2021 9:43 PM

I was half-joking, half-serious when I posted that, R253.

The more the merrier, R252.

by Anonymousreply 255September 3, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote]You guys just want gay porn with murder.

And ghosts. Or vampires.

by Anonymousreply 256September 3, 2021 9:47 PM

[quote] You guys just want gay porn with murder.

[quote] And ghosts. Or vampires.

Mmmm.... more like ANYTHING BUT ghosts or vampires.

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 257September 3, 2021 9:49 PM

I bet his writing could even ruin porn.

by Anonymousreply 258September 3, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote] Leslie Grossman Reveals What Surprised Her Most About AHS Co-Star Macaulay Culkin

Ever since Ryan Murphy posted a picture of Leslie Grossman and Macaulay Culkin on set for American Horror Story season 10, we knew we needed more information about this on-screen pairing.

Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long for these two to share a scene, as the Sept. 1 episode brought together Ursula (Grossman), a power hungry agent, and Mickey (Culkin), a local drug addict with promise as a writer, for the first time. The episode also indicated that these two will share many more moments together, which explains why Grossman had nothing but gush-worthy things to say about her new co-star.

"I want to say that it was an absolute joy to work with Macaulay," Grossman, who has appeared on AHS since 2017, exclusively said to E! News. "And I didn't know him, I hadn't met him, we had a friend in common. We're both friends with Kat Dennings, and, when she first found out that he was going to be on the show, she immediately texted me and was like, 'He is an angel from heaven, you're going to love him.'"

Although Grossman had a good opinion of the AHS newbie heading into the new season, she did note that there were a couple unexpected things about the Home Alone actor. "What surprised me the most about him was his total vulnerability," she continued. "And he is not somebody who has some hardened exterior, or is super protective of themselves. He absolutely does not take himself too seriously. He's incredibly self aware, and has a really good perspective on who he is and what his past is, and the baggage that he brings with that."

Because of this, Grossman revealed that her scenes with Culkin are some of her favorite AHS moments to date, adding, "I just, I don't have enough good things to say about him."

Per Grossman, even though Culkin is "not super interested in acting" anymore, it's clearly still second nature to the 41-year-old star. "This is where he's grown up," she shared. "This is like homecoming for him, you know, in a way that—I didn't start out until I was in my 20s. So he has grown up on sets, and you really feel that."

Murphy stunned fans in February 2020 when he announced that Culkin, who had taken a step back from the limelight following his child star days, would have a starring role in season 10, later named American Horror Story: Double Feature. Apparently, the TV legend promised Culkin that his character would have "crazy, erotic sex with Kathy Bates," who was replaced by Frances Conroy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259September 4, 2021 12:23 AM

I love Culkin. I’m glad he’s acting again.

by Anonymousreply 260September 4, 2021 2:34 AM

Adina screeches when she “sings”. Yuck. She’s like Christina Aguilera only a million times more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 261September 4, 2021 2:36 AM

[quote] so he will probably prevail along with Murphy's golden child.

Who’s that?

by Anonymousreply 262September 4, 2021 2:37 AM

Lily will take the pill but her fetus will be the genius and eat her from the inside out.

by Anonymousreply 263September 4, 2021 3:14 AM

Quite an imagination you gays have 😂

by Anonymousreply 264September 4, 2021 3:20 AM

R262 Ms. Paulson

by Anonymousreply 265September 4, 2021 3:21 AM

Please add Quinto. I want to see some bushes.

by Anonymousreply 266September 4, 2021 3:22 AM

Leslie Grossman Adina Porter and Billie Lourd seriously have no range nor acting skills. They simply read the script. How are these people become actors?

by Anonymousreply 267September 4, 2021 4:03 AM

Is this how Provincetown looks in the Summer? Where do the zombie go then?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 4, 2021 4:10 AM

As others have mentioned, the baby HAS to have some role in everything. Knowing Murphy and Falchuk, I wouldn't be surprised if the mother dies giving birth or shortly after, the blood suckers go after the baby but... *surprise!* it has some secret power or immunity which repels the suckers. Totally out of the blue but, hey, American Horror Story!

I'm wondering if the entire population of Provincetown will notice their sheriff went missing. So much for the rule of not feeding within your home town!

by Anonymousreply 269September 4, 2021 4:46 AM

That cop dying has to really screw things up for them. Theres no way realistically the whole police force wouldn't go after them.

by Anonymousreply 270September 4, 2021 5:21 AM

[quote]So much for the rule of not feeding within your home town!

They so specifically broke every rule they told the writer not to break from murdering people who were locals, killing the police chief and murdering people without gloves.

Even if they manage to kill the agent, the writer, his wife/the baby and kid someone's going to come poking around.

by Anonymousreply 271September 4, 2021 5:38 AM

R268 It's stated in the show that these talented vampires only spend winter in Provincetown hunting for blood to create their masterpiece. Simply because winter is when the area is rather empty and deserted. When summer rolls around, they just take it as a break from work and enjoy holidays.

No idea about those horrendeous failed vamps though.

by Anonymousreply 272September 4, 2021 5:50 AM

The last season I watched was Apocalypse, which also was basically a double feature: the end-of-world fiest half and then the battle of Satan's prettyboy son versus the witches.

In that season, the son of Satan brought on the apocalypse. He was all powerful, defeated everyone with his indominable powers...until someone went back in time and ran him over with a Jeep.

So, like, don't invest too much thought into figuring out how this season will resolve. Yes, Lily Rabe's character's interior design talentlessness and her baby will have to play a role, but don't expect things to work out in a way that's reasonable within the rules of the story. It's perfectly possible that in the last episode, a seal will crawl out of the water, turn into Herbie the Love Bug and run down all the vampires just as the first gay cruise arrives. This series is the realization of the "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" process.

by Anonymousreply 273September 4, 2021 8:22 AM

[quote]This series is the realization of the "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" process.

I agree. The entire premise is tired, how many TV shows and films about vampires do we need? The only twist is the little black pill. Ho-hum.

The snuff film gay porn setup was gratuitous and ridiculous, not to mention, the man and woman involved were horrible looking. Who would want to fuck either of them.

There's too much filler in this series. It's taking way too long to get to the point. I feel like I'm sitting through an Ari Aster film.

by Anonymousreply 274September 4, 2021 10:45 AM

"Is this how Provincetown looks in the Summer? Where do the zombie go then? "

The Old Colony Tap Room

by Anonymousreply 275September 4, 2021 3:10 PM

When Harry showed up at what turned out to be a snuff video shoot, I briefly wondered whether the tables were about to be turned -- i.e., whether the woman whose ad he'd answered was going to be on the same pill and using the ad to lure victims to her home. That might have been a cool twist.

After the scenario played out, I wondered whether they might have been live-streaming or something, so that a glimpse of Harry might go viral.

by Anonymousreply 276September 4, 2021 3:24 PM

Always happy to watch Finn Withcock do his thing. He sort of reminds me of forgotten 90's straight porn actor TT Boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 4, 2021 3:36 PM

I think next season will be based on the movie Cruising. It will be set in the 1970s NYC gay scene.

by Anonymousreply 278September 4, 2021 4:03 PM

For the "Steam Room" season, Ryan Murphy should get rid of all his regular actors, and cast a stable of fresh, young male faces.

Kick off an entire generation of new young actors, who got their start playing gay. That would be very cool.

I would love to see some hot, new talent in an entirely gay-themed season.

It's about time.

by Anonymousreply 279September 4, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote]...the son of Satan brought on the apocalypse. He was all powerful, defeated everyone with his indominable powers...until someone went back in time and ran him over with a Jeep.

It was a FUCKING Range Rover goddammit! Not some Philistinian Jeep!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 4, 2021 4:36 PM

Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson are the only smart ones in the entire AHS universe. Francis Conroy has also been pretty regular, but I think she missed a few seasons.

They are the only one who stuck with it the whole way through, and have really benefited from it, as working actors.

Not only has Evan been regularly employed for the last ten years, but it has kept his profile high and allowed him to branch out into other acting jobs in his spare time. Same for Paulson.

Others from the early years of AHS seem to think that they were "better than" the series, and didn't want to be pigeon-holed into one genre, or one series.

But none of them have really been successful.

Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Taissa Farmiga, Zach Quinto, and the others. You don't even hear their names any more.

It's one of the reasons I like Evan. Loyalty is a rare thing in Hollywood, and he has been loyal to Murphy and AHS.

by Anonymousreply 281September 4, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Taissa Farmiga, Zach Quinto, and the others. You don't even hear their names any more.

Britton was in TV's biggest event this year aside from Mare of Easttown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282September 4, 2021 4:47 PM

Goodness me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 4, 2021 4:58 PM

R281 Oh, honey, shut up. Now you’re reaching if you think loyalty is what gets Evan and Sarah this far. They are talented, yes that's for sure. And both have chosen to work with Ryan for almost every season except the last season as they agreed to take a break from all Ryan's craps.

BUT it doesn't mean that others like Britton or Quinto are not "smart". They know better to ditch the show before it went downhill. Quinto starred in trek franchises which are blockbusters, not to mention numerous films and series after AHS Asylum.

by Anonymousreply 284September 4, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote] They are the only one who stuck with it the whole way through, and have really benefited from it, as working actors.

Stuck with it? Except for Lange and Angela Bassett who went on to another Murphy show and is now the highest paid actress on TV today, all the others have to be asked back. Kathy Bates said she loves doing and does when asked.

by Anonymousreply 285September 4, 2021 5:06 PM

R285 An article above says Kathy Bates was supposed to play Frances Conroy's role but she backed out.

Kathy Bates has some major health problems.

I dunno, I can't help thinking of most of Murphy's staple actors as a community theatre troupe because of the shoddy material. "Stew's....the stew?!!" isn't really the kind of line that can be performed convincingly and so I don't blame them, but seeing the same players in AHS and other D-level TV series by Murphy has made me think they are very limited. I was really shocked to see Even Peters turn in such a strong and mature performance in Mare of Easttown because I had only ever seen him on AHS and no AHS role ever gave me an inkling he could do what he did on Mare, which is to melt into a role.

by Anonymousreply 286September 4, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote] I was really shocked to see Even Peters turn in such a strong and mature performance in Mare of Easttown because I had only ever seen him on AHS and no AHS role ever gave me an inkling he could do what he did on Mare, which is to melt into a role.

Which is exactly my point at R281.

Evan might never have had the chance to be on Mare of Easttown, had it not been for his role on AHS.

It's all about the visibility. And Evan has been clearly visible by Hollywood, for the past 10 years.

You bitches keep bashing Ryan Murphy and AHS, but an actor who plays their cards right can parlay their role on AHS into something else. Maybe bigger and better.

Some of you are so short-sighted.

by Anonymousreply 287September 4, 2021 5:33 PM

I find it interesting to watch Frances Conroy play the characters she's played on AHS and then thinking back to when most people were probably first award of her as the mother on Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 288September 4, 2021 5:46 PM

Ryan already did American Horror Story: Tragic Elder Ghey… it went by its alternate title The Boys in the Band.

by Anonymousreply 289September 4, 2021 5:57 PM

R288 She was soo good on Six Feet Under. Honestly, the only three reasons I watched the first season of AHS were the captivating art direction in all the cryptic previews, seeing Frances Conroy, and looking at Dylan McDermott.

I had had a crush on McDermott since I saw a dumb romantic comedy with him and Sarah Jessica Parker as a teenager, and he got a lot better with age up to 50. Jeanne Tripplehorn was also in it. Where did she disappear to? I always loved her and she was great in Big Love, with such a weird energy. I bet she could do some interesting things in American Horror Story. I can imagine her as a white magic rival to Fiona Goode or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 4, 2021 5:58 PM

I remember Evan as a nerd in Kick Ass.

Why is his character so notably pale compared to the other vampire characters?

I was surprised when they killed off the cop but I guess it's too show that the girl is a major liability. She's too young to have self-control plus they have no clue what the pill will do to her as she's still growing. Daddy fucked up big time.

by Anonymousreply 291September 4, 2021 6:30 PM

So based on that drag look by Evan, what karaoke song is he going to be doing?

by Anonymousreply 292September 4, 2021 6:30 PM

R292 Don't Be Jealous of My Boogie arranged as slow lounge jazz.

by Anonymousreply 293September 4, 2021 6:37 PM

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

by Anonymousreply 294September 4, 2021 6:48 PM

Loving this and so happy to see P-Town as part of the story

by Anonymousreply 295September 4, 2021 6:54 PM

R294 Really!!! I’m so excited, I assume it will be Wicked Little Town, but will it be the first one or the Reprise? This really made my day I can’t wait! Is this him testing the waters in perhaps playing it on stage?

by Anonymousreply 296September 4, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote]Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Taissa Farmiga, Zach Quinto, and the others. You don't even hear their names any more.

Dylan McDermott is currently on NBC's Law & Order: Organized Crime, he's one of the main characters along with Christopher Meloni's Stabler.

Zachary Quinto had his own AMC series for 2 seasons, NOS4R2 and Connie Britton was currently on the HBO hit, White Lotus.

What are you smoking?!

by Anonymousreply 297September 4, 2021 7:16 PM

Connie Britton is successful. She's played a lead or primary character in many TV shows and as far as I've ever heard has gotten pretty much universal acclaim. She also has been in major motion pictures including Promising Young Woman and Bombshell. I see her as a Nicole Kidman-like actress whose roots are in TV instead of movies. She plays in mostly high-quality projects and she is always noted as one of the best among her casts, from Friday Night Lights and Nashville to American Horror Story and The White Lotus. She wasn't the lead at all in The White Lotus because it's an ensemble story, yet she somehow stood out as the heavyweight actor. Coolidge amused as always and so on but I think Britton kind of dominated every scene she was in with her presence.

It's weird to suggest she is a failure because she opted out of becoming a regular in a regularly poorly written basic cable horror show.

by Anonymousreply 298September 4, 2021 7:25 PM

I suspect that Alexander Dreymon refused to put out so Ryan stopped using him. Darren Criss is a hoe and that's why Ryan casts him in everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299September 4, 2021 7:58 PM

I'm now convinced that most attractive young actors are either prostitutes who trade sex for work or (and/or) get work through nepotism. I didn't used to think so, but I've seen too much weird evidence ranging from the notion of the casting couch that dates back to the beginning of Hollywood to Weinstein to that Corbin Fisher porn star who boinked his way into getting a SAG card and perpetual royalties from Marvel movies through Bryan Singer. Whores, the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 300September 4, 2021 8:03 PM

WHORES !

by Anonymousreply 301September 4, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote]Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Taissa Farmiga, Zach Quinto, and the others. You don't even hear their names any more.

Connie Britton wasn't allowed to do AHS when she started doing Nashville thanks to her contract. Gabourey Sidibe had to get special permission from Fox, since she was a regular on Empire, to do more than one episode after her last regular season (Coven) ended. Networks are protective like that. Connie returned and did an appearance on AHS when her show ended. However, she was never lacking for work or name recognition because she was a lead on the other damn show.

In addition to Dylan McDermott being the lead on another show (and you forgetting he did Ryan Murphy's "Hollywood" and has appeared in AHS a couple of times since his original seasons), he has been on series after series since he departed AHS.

Furthermore, people like Michael Chiklis, Chloe Sevigny, Zachary Quinto and Wes Bentley said while they would love to work with Ryan again they wouldn't go back and do THAT show. (Quinto just worked with him on the Boys in the Band play and film.)

It's really smart of everyone to work outside of Ryan Murphy because sometimes they get much better roles than how he'd ever see them.

[quote]I suspect that Alexander Dreymon refused to put out so Ryan stopped using him

R299, Nope. Alexander Dreymon has been the lead on the Netflix TV series, The Last Kingdom since 2015. The show, just ended.

[quote]I'm now convinced that most attractive young actors are either prostitutes who trade sex for work or (and/or) get work through nepotism.

Some actors benefit from nepotism, not as many get ahead with just sex or even practice that transactional behavior, but the large majority of people are just lucky, are talented, have the right look or know the right people. The knowing the right people thing is a pretty huge factor.

by Anonymousreply 302September 4, 2021 8:49 PM

[quote] Gabourey Sidibe had to get special permission from Fox, since she was a regular on Empire, to do more than one episode after her last regular season (Coven) ended. Networks are protective like that.

FX and Fox share a parent company. Britton's show was on ABC, so yeah, no bueno.

by Anonymousreply 303September 4, 2021 9:14 PM

R300 I'm slow, who was the Corbin Fisher guy who now does mainstream (or just Bryan Singer stuff)?

by Anonymousreply 304September 5, 2021 1:34 AM

R304 He doesn't. He was 'Connor.' He was cast as an extra/background player in X-Men (and The Avengers?) and posted his SAG card and royalties checks to Instagram years ago. It seemed as if he might have been on the verge of outing Bryan Singer about it; he said Singer scouted and cast him, but then he joined Chippendales and said no more. Now he is married to a porn star and posts photos of guns. Seems...very stable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 5, 2021 1:38 AM

R304 See also:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306September 5, 2021 1:39 AM

Wait, no, I take it back. "Connor" seemed to be teasing years ago that he had some kind of acquaintance with Hugh Jackman, not Bryan Singer...

by Anonymousreply 307September 5, 2021 1:41 AM

You bitch saying Quinto needs Murphy gives me headache urgh

by Anonymousreply 308September 5, 2021 1:51 AM

I had to LOL when the agent came to town and told the writer (paraphrased), "Do you know who wants to do your script - without rewrites? Quentin fucking Tarantino!" I'm surprised they didn't have her say "Ryan FUCKING Murphy!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 309September 5, 2021 2:39 AM

[quote]FX and Fox share a parent company. Britton's show was on ABC, so yeah, no bueno.

That actually came from her. Her Empire contract is why she had to leave "Difficult People." They upped her to regular status. They told her she could guest star on other shows, that aren't competing with Empire, with their permission. She said her contract only allowed for 3 episodes. So that year, after leaving Difficult People as a regular, she returned and did 2 episodes. That year, Emma Roberts dropped out of an episode of AHS: Hotel, Ryan called Sidibe, Fox/Empire told her she could do the guest spot last minute so she ran over and shot it. Then Apocalypse rolled around Empire/Fox was a bit more giving but she still couldn't do every episode but I do think she did more than 3. So, yes. Same parent company but she still was limited on what they'd let her do even though her character on Empire didn't do much anyway. That cast was huge.

by Anonymousreply 310September 5, 2021 3:13 AM

Very interesting that 'Connor' follows his wife, a bunch of bodybuilders, some gun accounts and...Dan Levy.

by Anonymousreply 311September 5, 2021 12:32 PM

R247 He’s one of my best friends! I’ll show him this.

by Anonymousreply 312September 5, 2021 2:58 PM

I'm going to have to binge this entire series again from S1. I've forgotten so much from the previous seasons. Why were so many of the ghosts from S1 not mentioned in the Murder House series? The maid, the mad doctor and his wife, etc?

What happened to Lange's character from season 1? I've forgotten a ton. Same with Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 313September 5, 2021 3:04 PM

r313...the maid was released by Madison Montgomery and Billy Porters character...they dug up her bones to free her to appease Constance in order to get information on Michael, and she is now trapped in the house after committing suicide there. The doctor and his wife are still trapped in the house.

by Anonymousreply 314September 5, 2021 3:13 PM

That house must be really crowded.

by Anonymousreply 315September 5, 2021 3:24 PM

Why did removing the maid's remains from the house release her ghost, but not the others? What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 316September 5, 2021 4:26 PM

When Finn attacked the snuffy man and woman, there was a glimpse of him attacking them in the camera monitor. So his face is on camera lunging toward the couple who were presumably found dead in their house.

Of course, this is a sloppy RM production and so it probably won't have any role later on, but in any well-written story like that, it would be an obvious plot device and we'd know he's going to be identified by the police as the killer once they look at the couple's snuff films after finding their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 317September 5, 2021 5:28 PM

r316...Emma Roberts and Billy Porter performed some kind of spell or something...I dont remember

by Anonymousreply 318September 5, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote].the maid was released by Madison Montgomery and Billy Porters character...they dug up her bones to free her to appease Constance in order to get information on Michael, and she is now trapped in the house after committing suicide there.

Mallory undid all of this in Apocalypse.

Constance is still alive (since Michael is dead and she refused to take him to the Murder House since even she thought he was a monster) and Moira the Maid's bones were never removed.

by Anonymousreply 319September 5, 2021 10:56 PM

Anyone else experiencing Hulu blacking out at the beginning of episode 2 after the credits?

by Anonymousreply 320September 6, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote]Darren Criss is a hoe and that's why Ryan casts him in everything.

What's for sure is he is a rah-rah yes man. Jane Lynch spilled that they used to call him 'the politician' on the Glee set. Always cheerleading 'yes, sure, that's fantastic' for whatever Murphy/the producers came up with.

by Anonymousreply 321September 7, 2021 8:56 PM

We used to call Jane "the beaver dam" cause she put a stop to any guy trying to get pussy on set since she wanted it all to herself.

by Anonymousreply 322September 7, 2021 9:17 PM

I'm going to rewatch the whole series from beginning because I can't remember so much from the previous seasons. Excited a new episode is on tonight. This and What We Do in the Shadows has made tv fun again.

by Anonymousreply 323September 8, 2021 4:58 PM

This series is awful, so sick of this vampire nonsense.

The Black woman scientist is a mental case, it's obvious she's obsessed with her power, using and discarding people. Everything else is predictable.

I'd rather watch "What We Do In the Shadows'.

by Anonymousreply 324September 9, 2021 3:33 AM

Anyone watched episode 4 already?

by Anonymousreply 325September 9, 2021 10:28 AM

The show is only successful because of Jessica Lange acting. Its quality went downhill after she left.

by Anonymousreply 326September 9, 2021 10:35 AM

R326 Her acting was terrible though so that says it all. why do people still watch this tripe?

by Anonymousreply 327September 9, 2021 10:38 AM

I'm watching it now. The irony of American Horror Story being about what makes a good vs. poor writer is...something.

One small example of what's so terrible about this writing (not really a spoiler, just a small scene): Belle Noir came out from her book reading to find her husband sitting outside. She asked why he didn't come in. He told her, exasperated, that her writing embarrasses him. Yada yada.

This is all for the sake of 'info dumping' onto the viewer, to show us that her relationship was strained by her writing. But the actual relationship we see makes no sense. The way her husband told her her writing is poor and embarrassing is as if it is the first time he has ever said it, and he was too embarrassed even to go inside. She expected that he would go inside. So we can intuit that he had supported her up until this point—past the point of writing, which takes a long time, and past the point of self-publishing, and apparently past the point of multiple readings—and for unknown reasons, he chooses this moment outside of this Provincetown book shop to totally turn on her with anger and tell her she is a hack and her writing humiliates him? Convenient.

It's just a mess. AHS'a writers are no better than E.L. James is. I wouldn't be surprised if the scripts mention inner goddesses dancing.

by Anonymousreply 328September 9, 2021 10:39 AM

And does every single character really have to tell Macaulay Culkin's character "you look like a drug addict" or call him "methhead" the first time they meet him? I bet most meth addicts go through their whole lives without anyone ever calling them "methhead" to their faces or telling them they look like addicts. Why is this show so terribly written?

by Anonymousreply 329September 9, 2021 10:43 AM

There's nothing original about this season. It rips off:

- The Hunger

- The Walking Dead

- I am Legend

- Night of the Living Dead, and yes...

- Limitless, the Bradley Cooper movie about the guy who takes a pill which instantly makes him brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 330September 9, 2021 10:51 AM

Isn't every AHS season an unoriginal pastiche of urban legends, real-life serial killers and horro tropes?

by Anonymousreply 331September 9, 2021 10:53 AM

R331 There's a difference between a "nod" or two to classic films, but this season is just downright lazy theft.

by Anonymousreply 332September 9, 2021 10:55 AM

When it comes to AHS Ryan Murphy is basically the David Lynch of Horror minus the talent.

by Anonymousreply 333September 9, 2021 10:55 AM

Blasphemous to company Ryan Murphy and David Lynch lol. Lynch is a fine artist who works in film and television. Murphy is a derivative factory.

by Anonymousreply 334September 9, 2021 11:01 AM

I do wonder why Murphy gets all the blame. Mr. GOOP, aka Brad Falchuk, is his co-creator in most of these disasters.

by Anonymousreply 335September 9, 2021 11:02 AM

R330 Don't forget The Shining. That's in there, too (tortured writer, suffering wife and child).

by Anonymousreply 336September 9, 2021 11:10 AM

Also, these brutal killings have been going on for years in Provincetown—yet the sheriff/police chief seemed to believe the town was safe and she had no idea what was going on at the beginning of the season, and she wasn't playing dumb because she walked into the trap and got herself killed. It's like the writers of each episode don't have any idea what has been written in other episodes. Even if she were relatively new, the cop would have heard about all the killings for sure and would know it's a dangerous area with a lot of fatal crimes. But no. Here, she told Lily Rabe it's a safe, quiet town and seemed totally oblivious to the vampire people on the streets, the dead bodies everywhere with bite marks in their necks.

by Anonymousreply 337September 9, 2021 11:17 AM

We've been told multiple times that the exceptional people have to keep taking the pills, that their creative surge is only temporary. Yet with the mundane people one pill seems to make them permanently blood thirsty walking corpses. How in the hell does that work? Also if Belle and Even's character go off the the pills in the summer wouldn't the side effect of basically becoming a sociopath wear off and they would have to deal with their consciences for all the death and destruction they've caused. For fuck sake Belle ate a baby, that would kind of be something that her mind might have a hard time dealing with in its normal state.

by Anonymousreply 338September 9, 2021 11:47 AM

[quote] Yet with the mundane people one pill seems to make them permanently blood thirsty walking corpses. How in the hell does that work? Also if Belle and Even's character go off the the pills in the summer wouldn't the side effect of basically becoming a sociopath wear off and they would have to deal with their consciences for all the death and destruction they've caused. For fuck sake Belle ate a baby, that would kind of be something that her mind might have a hard time dealing with in its normal state.

Hi, the explanation is really poor writing.

The only reason I am still watching is because the general question does appeal to my psyche. What would become of me if I took it? I studied creative writing but have had little success. I paint and draw as a personal endeavor and not to sell work, but I nevertheless question whether or not I have 'real' talent or I'm just a hack. So the core question has appeal to me, much more than some standard romantic storyline, etc. But one upside of watching this show is that I feel like it proves that writing success (like everything in life) is much more about access to power than it is about talent. There's no doubt that there's a world of writers who have more talent than the AHS writers who are making millions from this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 339September 9, 2021 11:52 AM

The pill makes talented people even more talented.

But it makes you have uncontrollable cravings for blood.

The problem is that once you stop taking it you lose your talent completely. You can't go back to the way you were before. You have ruined yourself forever.

Being a sociopath is the byproduct of needing blood and their genius being inflated. They're already screwed up, egotistical people. Sure Austin can take the summer off of killing only because it's the smart thing to do for his survival but he will get right back to it when he can and he absolutely won't care a bit.

by Anonymousreply 340September 9, 2021 12:07 PM

So Carrie Fisher's daughter took the pill to be a better tattooist ? You turn to killing people and drinking blood to draw things on people they're just going to have removed in 20 years ? Plus, she would have to kill year round.

by Anonymousreply 341September 9, 2021 12:14 PM

I'll see if the Feds swoop down on P'Town as a response to the Black female police chief being killed. That should happen in Episode 4, right?

by Anonymousreply 342September 9, 2021 12:50 PM

No, they stopped the plot momentum with a flashback episode to explain a lot of what's been going on.

by Anonymousreply 343September 9, 2021 1:05 PM

It must take a long time for two people to secretly clean up 6-7 dead bodies.

by Anonymousreply 344September 9, 2021 1:12 PM

Ten seasons in, and I've grown used to the AHS/Ryan Murphy hate from Datalounge.

It's bizarre how jealous some of you are.

Instead of just accepting the show for what it is (light-hearted entertainment), you dissect every little detail of this show, as if it were real life.

Get a fucking grip.

And incidentally, this season's writing is better than it has been a very long time.

But haters are always going to be haters.

by Anonymousreply 345September 9, 2021 1:25 PM

Is the scientist and the sheriff the same person or do they just look alike?

by Anonymousreply 346September 9, 2021 1:52 PM

Why does the chemist dress like Cleopatra Jones or Friday Foster?

by Anonymousreply 347September 9, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote] Why does the chemist dress like Cleopatra Jones or Friday Foster?

YASSSSSSSS, Hunty!

by Anonymousreply 348September 9, 2021 1:58 PM

R330 maybe thrown in Frankenstein and Jekyll and Hyde.

by Anonymousreply 349September 9, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote]Ten seasons in, and I've grown used to the AHS/Ryan Murphy hate from Datalounge. It's bizarre how jealous some of you are. Instead of just accepting the show for what it is (light-hearted entertainment), you dissect every little detail of this show, as if it were real life. Get a fucking grip. And incidentally, this season's writing is better than it has been a very long time. But haters are always going to be haters.

Are you his agent? Jealous? Of this garbage writing? TV series and films are always dissected, who the hell are you kidding. Perhaps, if this series was actually entertaining, instead of a rip-off of so many other films and TV series, people wouldn't be complaining to this extent.

This series gets worse with each passing season. So far, this current series is terrible, it's got more holes than Swiss cheese. More questions than answers.

A small town with tons of murders, no one comes in to investigate etc. Belle kills and chops up her husband, doesn't he have family beyond her? So many dead and missing people, yet no one is questioning where their missing loved ones are? A dead baby? No one in the town wonders what happened to a baby?

It's all absolutely ridiculous. These situations should not be ignored, why, because it's not "real life"!? Give me a fucking break. 🙄🙄

What an incoherent shit-fest.

by Anonymousreply 350September 9, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote]Is the scientist and the sheriff the same person or do they just look alike?

The two actresses do not look alike. Why, because they are both Black?

Adina Porter, who has been on other AHS series played the murdered Chief Burelson. Angelica Ross plays 'The Chemist'. Angelica has a longer horse-face and is masculine looking.

Angelica is transexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351September 9, 2021 3:23 PM

And yet, all the haters WATCH, week after week, year after year. A bunch of hypocritical armchair critics. Meanwhile, Ryan Murphy is laughing all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 352September 9, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote]And yet, all the haters WATCH, week after week, year after year. A bunch of hypocritical armchair critics. Meanwhile, Ryan Murphy is laughing all the way to the bank.

Ever think that people into the horror genre are simply HOPING this trash will improve? Audiences today are much more savvy than you assume, "armchair critics" my ass. Viewers don't like to waste time on garbage. It really is as simple as that, especially with so much content out there.

I will say, with so much content out there to watch, between regular broadcast TV, cable and streaming services, If people don't enjoy this series, no one is forcing them to watch it.

It's obvious, some are watching AHS for the specific performers (Evan Peters sure has his fans here at DL), others continue to watch, because they enjoy horror. You cannot generalize about viewers.

I recommend an excellent series, which was originally on CBS last year, EVIL. Unfortunately, this year it's back on, but being aired on a streaming service, Paramount+.

by Anonymousreply 353September 9, 2021 3:43 PM

There's something about this show that brings many people back year after year even though they swore never to watch again at at least seven or eight different points. I'm speaking from experience, of course. There are shitty things about every season, but also many entertaining and memorable things.

My ranking:

Asylum (Dark, very dark. Three different serial killers, a Nazi Doctor, and a Nun possessed by Lucifer. Lange's best on AHS. Same for Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe.)

Cult (I've only seen this once, but I remember it being dark, but really silly at times. Just morbid as hell. Evan Peters was excellent. The clown stuff was a stupid.)

Murder House (Dark but with more camp than Asylum & Cult. Despite an amusingly large cast, it's a solid story with interesting detours here and there.)

Red Tide (So far I'm digging it. Good cast, interesting setting, high stakes, tighter storytelling.)

Coven (Starts off really strong, but Kathy, Jessica, and Angela steal the show, and once they're gone, everything gets tepid.)

Freak Show (Interesting characters in an aimless plot that boiled down to "assholes trying to kill each other for reasons" much like the last half of Hotel.)

Hotel (I didn't like much of anything except Evan Peters as Mr. March and Mare Winningham as his confidant. Chloe Sevigny should have played The Countess.)

Apocalypse (I liked the first 1/3 with the bunker and Cody Fern's introduction, and the Warlock coven was cool. Everything else was silly.)

Roanoke (I loved the first 1/3 with Kathy Bates as The Butcher & Even Peters as the Gay Ghost. All the meta stuff after didn't work for me.)

1984 (The only season with ZERO redeeming elements. Totally aimless story. Worst was Richard Ramirez and Billie Lourd.)

by Anonymousreply 354September 9, 2021 3:59 PM

Whoever said Evan would be doing a Hedwig number you lied and I hate you and I’m very disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 355September 9, 2021 4:00 PM

So the quip about getting a better coat for the weather was a cute little shout out to Evan Peters and his character on Mare right?

by Anonymousreply 356September 9, 2021 4:06 PM

Why should Chloe Sevigny have the lead? You can tell she’s reciting lines because she forgets and stumbles over words or all the words come pouring out in an annoying, pouty accent.

by Anonymousreply 357September 9, 2021 4:20 PM

The messy writing that I hate was the singer’s line about being vegan and Impossible Meat. There was the time jump of two years with Belle meeting Evan’s character and then there must be four or five years for him to become a famous playwright bringing us up to when the present day is supposed to be. So he’s saying that line 5 or 6 years ago when it was in it’s early stages and barely mainstream, if even available commercially. There’s very little adherence to actual historical timeline accuracy in Murphy project land. Even Billie having all those 80’s fashions seems off, the turn over of property from gays dying of AIDS and straight gentrification would have happened much earlier, not just five years ago.

by Anonymousreply 358September 9, 2021 4:33 PM

"You prostitute male hooker whore methamphetamine user addict! I know a hooker hustler when I see one, and you look like a crackhead to me, meth head!!"

by Anonymousreply 359September 9, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote] And yet, all the haters WATCH, week after week, year after year. A bunch of hypocritical armchair critics. Meanwhile, Ryan Murphy is laughing all the way to the bank.

Not this one. I watched through Coven, and I loathed it by mid-season.

I watched the beginning of freak show and then turned it off.

I watched part of the first episode of hotel and was too bothered by the graphic rape scenes and turned it off.

I watched part of the Roanoke premiere and had no interest.

I watched (cult?) the first episode of the season with Sarah Paulson looking like a nervous chihuahua and screaming and crying in the grocery store and turned it off.

And I watched all of Apocalypse and thought it at least had a story for a change. It wasn't the worst thing I'd ever seen—until the Antichrist was defeated with a Jeep after weathering nukes and witchcraft, and then it was the worst thing I had ever seen.

I feel like I have given this series more chances than it deserves. I usually tune in out of curiosity but it quickly becomes unwatchable to me most of the time.

If you scroll up, there are comments from me after the first couple of episodes crediting the smaller scale and intimacy of the story and that this season actually *has* a coherent narrative. I was very hopeful. I wasn't set on hating it. I want it to be better than it is. It's not my fault that the writing is among the worst on television.

by Anonymousreply 360September 9, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote]There's something about this show that brings many people back year after year even though they swore never to watch again at at least seven or eight different points.

Because they do a great job at making trailers and promoting the show. They do a great job at the first few episodes before it goes to shit.

People always forget the ratings for this show aren't really good.

[quote]And yet, all the haters WATCH, week after week, year after year. A bunch of hypocritical armchair critics.

Haters? What is this? 2002? Gonna' run around wearing "hater blockers" and screaming, "Talk to the hand!"

It's even stranger when you don't think a person can critique what they're watching. They do it because they want it to be better than it is.

For the record: I quit watching when it gets bad. I may come back for the finale but that's about it. There are too many other options.

by Anonymousreply 361September 9, 2021 5:27 PM

I loved seeing Evan in drag.

So is it really "a thing" for straight guys to do drag for money, like this episode implied?

I have never heard of that.

by Anonymousreply 362September 9, 2021 6:54 PM

Yeah I've never heard of that either, R362. Maybe it was more of a prediction about where the drag is headed.

by Anonymousreply 363September 9, 2021 6:58 PM

Is his character straight?

by Anonymousreply 364September 9, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]When it comes to AHS Ryan Murphy is basically the David Lynch of Horror minus the talent.

David Lynch doesn't make horror films so much as bring horror elements to other genres like art films and mysteries. Plus he makes movies for intelligent people, which you can't really do with horror.

by Anonymousreply 365September 9, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]Is his character straight?

I didn't think so, but the way he looked in drag and the song choice made me rethink that.

by Anonymousreply 366September 9, 2021 7:18 PM

Some of the dialog last night made me laugh. When mad scientist talks about rubbing one out to Belles's 3-way scene between George and Martha Washington and Ben Franklin in her book struck me as highly humorous for some reason. I just got a picture in my head.

by Anonymousreply 367September 9, 2021 7:26 PM

How big do you think Evan's cock is?

by Anonymousreply 368September 9, 2021 7:48 PM

Yes I was wondering if Evan's character is straight or not. In the first three episodes, the show established quite clearly that he isn't. But then this episode kinda gives me the impression that he is.

by Anonymousreply 369September 9, 2021 8:31 PM

He's probably bi

by Anonymousreply 370September 9, 2021 8:34 PM

Sorry to offend you with my question R351 but dress the sheriff up and she looks like the chemist. NOT just because they are both black.

by Anonymousreply 371September 9, 2021 8:37 PM

Sexy vampires like Evan are "polyamorous."

by Anonymousreply 372September 9, 2021 9:24 PM

I liked seeing how the "untalented" vampire went from being a Vegan/Pacifist to a mindless blood sucking creature.

It was kind of hilarious.

He had a FEAST at the end of the episode, with that big drag queen.

I actually didn't miss Finn Wittrock and Lily Rabe this episode. It was fine without them and the annoying daughter.

by Anonymousreply 373September 9, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]Sorry to offend you with my question [R351] but dress the sheriff up and she looks like the chemist. NOT just because they are both black.

As far as I know, Adina Porter is a biological woman, Angelica Ross was born a man and even after the transition, she still looks very masculine.

I don't see much of a resemblance. Adina looks good in makeup. I first saw Adina in 'True Blood'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 9, 2021 9:57 PM

R371, the sheriff and the chemist don't look alike at all

by Anonymousreply 375September 9, 2021 11:40 PM

^they do if you're Russian.

by Anonymousreply 376September 10, 2021 12:19 AM

That’s racist.

by Anonymousreply 377September 10, 2021 3:20 AM

Will any of them show ass this season?

I must say, without nudity, it is hard to get me keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 378September 10, 2021 6:06 AM

Macaulay might haul out his fat, pale ass for you if you buy him a drink or a line.

by Anonymousreply 379September 10, 2021 11:51 AM

P'town in the winter is too cold for nudies.

The MF- and F-word quotient is higher this time around, to compensate.

by Anonymousreply 380September 10, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote] Macaulay might haul out his fat, pale ass for you if you buy him a drink or a line.

He's also cheaper than most of the WHORES you'll find on OnlyFans, Craigslist, or Grindr.

$50 for oral, $100 for sex.

I'd pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 381September 10, 2021 2:07 PM

Think the alien portion starts next week.

It's now getting extremely repetitious: take pill, need blood, kill someone, ad nauseam.

by Anonymousreply 382September 10, 2021 7:12 PM

And who cleans up all the evidence?

by Anonymousreply 383September 10, 2021 7:21 PM

I wondered the same this week: who cleans up the evidence?

"What do we do now?" asked whatsisname in drag.

"Now we write."

They just slaughtered a bunch of drag queens!

And this was years before the present, so again, why did the cop insist to Lily Rape at the beginning that the town is safe and there are no violent crimes? People are slaughtered constantly and just left lying around with bite marks and DNA in their necks?

The writing is so lazy it makes me angry.

by Anonymousreply 384September 10, 2021 7:27 PM

Belle said to Harry that the former sheriff turned a blind eye to their activities, but with the new sheriff they had to look further out of town to feed. I believe it was episode 2, they never explained why the old sheriff did so.

by Anonymousreply 385September 10, 2021 7:30 PM

They have a really big roomba that cleans up their crime scenes.

by Anonymousreply 386September 10, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote] And this was years before the present, so again, why did the cop insist to Lily Rape at the beginning that the town is safe and there are no violent crimes?

[quote] The writing is so lazy it makes me angry.

You're right!

It's almost as lazy as writing Lily Rape, instead of Lily Rabe.

by Anonymousreply 387September 10, 2021 7:32 PM

Lily Rape is the NEW Lens Dunham!

by Anonymousreply 388September 10, 2021 7:35 PM

r382...theres 2 episodes left before the second half.

by Anonymousreply 389September 10, 2021 7:39 PM

I loved Frances Conroy as drab, abused, pre-black pill "Belle."

She is a genius actor.

by Anonymousreply 390September 10, 2021 7:47 PM

R387 I typed it automatically by accident and decided to leave it because it suits the show. It's also the same kind of lazy pun the writers would make, you're right.

by Anonymousreply 391September 10, 2021 7:49 PM

R390 That was the highlight of the episode. It made me want to rewatch Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 392September 10, 2021 7:50 PM

I’m impressed with how chill DLers are with nasty, venomous and almost nonsensical comments like R387.

If you want to act like “Oh, dear” trolls, do it properly, funny and ingenious. Not in such foolish manner you just did.

by Anonymousreply 393September 10, 2021 7:55 PM

Is Belle's vamp coiffure a nod to Gary Oldman's in Bram Stoker's Dracula?

by Anonymousreply 394September 10, 2021 7:58 PM

R394 Yes, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 395September 10, 2021 8:01 PM

I’m enjoying this season so far. It’s not a documentary so I don’t mind not having everything explained.

by Anonymousreply 396September 10, 2021 8:27 PM

Evan’s got great legs and I enjoyed his outfit very much. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 397September 11, 2021 12:19 AM

I hope that's the last we see of Angelica Ross. A wooden sawhorse is a better actress than her. Finn and Lily were sorely missed on the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 398September 12, 2021 5:33 AM

I guess Evan is well and truly over his need for a break.

by Anonymousreply 399September 12, 2021 5:39 AM

I must have fallen asleep or been distracted—which has happened a lot this season—when was Evan in drag?

So are the aliens going to be part of this vampire story, or is the season switching to a whole new setting/plot/characters?

by Anonymousreply 400September 12, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote]I hope that's the last we see of Angelica Ross. A wooden sawhorse is a better actress than her. Finn and Lily were sorely missed on the last episode.

That's MISTER Ross to you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 12, 2021 11:58 AM

Frances Conroy always seemed much older than her age. Even when she was on SFU, she seemed like an old lady. Odd.

Frances was only 48 when SFU was first aired, even back then, she seemed so old. She's always had the voice of a dotty old lady.

by Anonymousreply 402September 12, 2021 12:02 PM

What point are you making, R442? She's an excellent actress. Not everybody tries to convince the world they are under 30 for their entire lives.

by Anonymousreply 403September 12, 2021 12:08 PM

R442? Can't find that post.

Is R403 replying to a post from the future? Are they an alien from Part 2?

by Anonymousreply 404September 12, 2021 3:20 PM

Trans!? I had no idea and do not care.

by Anonymousreply 405September 12, 2021 3:24 PM

Watching Angelica Ross fussing about with the beakers and the goggles and the neon chemicals made my boyfriend and I laugh. It was very “I’m doing science!”

I agree with the other posters that Lily Rape and her daughter were not missed. I hope they can end that story swiftly when they return. I’m not totally bored with Finn yet but tick tock.

by Anonymousreply 406September 12, 2021 3:58 PM

Weird that the script just stowed Lily Rape away in the hospital for two episodes.

by Anonymousreply 407September 12, 2021 4:02 PM

Episode 4 should've been the first episode. I hate when shows do backstory in the middle of a season. Mostly, I missed Finn Withcock. He is so sexy to me.

by Anonymousreply 408September 12, 2021 4:14 PM

according to the source, the storylines of part one and two are linked and alluded to one another.

by Anonymousreply 409September 12, 2021 4:56 PM

They really just need a season where Finn and Evan fuck a lot. Gus could sub for them.

by Anonymousreply 410September 12, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote] this season's writing is better than it has been a very long time.

Please detail why you feel this way.

by Anonymousreply 411September 12, 2021 9:36 PM

[Quote]AHS: Bathhouse starring Evan Peters, Dylan McDermott, Finn Wittrock, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson, Darren Criss, Colton Haynes, and Cody Fern.

And me, PLEASE GOD! And me!

by Anonymousreply 412September 13, 2021 1:12 AM

R412 the person who suggested that has a duty to make sure the script gets written and that it gets to Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 413September 13, 2021 1:16 AM

"Slasher" is a much better show.

by Anonymousreply 414September 13, 2021 1:22 AM

I have to get offline soon. My mom wants me to eat her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 415September 13, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote] That's MISTER Ross to you!

Rofl!

by Anonymousreply 416September 13, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] I have to get offline soon. My mom wants me to eat her pussy.

R415 is the ghost of Harry Brandt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417September 13, 2021 6:21 PM

New episode tonight?

by Anonymousreply 418September 15, 2021 1:29 AM

R418 I think it comes on Wednesdays on FX, Hulu gets it on Thursday-

by Anonymousreply 419September 15, 2021 1:44 AM

The next episode is called "gaslight" which Rabe remarked is her most favorite episode

by Anonymousreply 420September 15, 2021 8:47 AM

So the she wants to make money off these pills, yet she allows those "creatures" to run around killing people, thereby drawing attention to what she is doing ? Do these "creatures" hibernate during the rest of the year ?

by Anonymousreply 421September 15, 2021 12:09 PM

R421 Everyone on this message board is thinking a lot more deeply about the plot than the writers did. We're just supposed to accept that people run around town drinking blood, leaving saliva with DNA in the necks of dead bodies on beaches and in homes, the cops for some reason discover the bodies but simultaneously believe the town is safe for families and then get murdered themselves, etc. It's truly among the most thoughtless plotting and character development I've ever seen and apparently fans of the genre/RM love it.

by Anonymousreply 422September 15, 2021 12:13 PM

Yeah, it would make more sense, R422, if the cops were at least getting paid by the mad scientist to not interfere with her experiment. As for the unsexy vampires, I’m assuming they’re kept around because the mad scientist is still studying them. Who knows. It fills a Wednesday night, and I ain’t got nothing else going on.

by Anonymousreply 423September 15, 2021 1:42 PM

[quote] Everyone on this message board is thinking a lot more deeply about the plot than the writers did. We're just supposed to accept that people run around town drinking blood, leaving saliva with DNA in the necks of dead bodies on beaches and in homes, the cops for some reason discover the bodies but simultaneously believe the town is safe for families and then get murdered themselves, etc. It's truly among the most thoughtless plotting and character development I've ever seen and apparently fans of the genre/RM love it.

Well, the reason the "fans of the genre" love it, is because we don't overthink every last detail of the show, because we realize that it's all FICTION. So we just sit back and enjoy it for what it is: ENTERTAINMENT.

We also realize that VAMPIRES ARE NOT REAL, and therefore, nothing else in the story has to make total sense either, because it's just a fantasy.

So pull the motherfucking sticks out of your old asses, have a seat, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

How's that for a reality check?

by Anonymousreply 424September 15, 2021 4:27 PM

R424, this show sucks and apparently so do you!

When there are so many plot holes, no, it's not at all entertaining. It's damn annoying. Viewers must demand more. It doesn't matter what genre this series is, the writing is terrible.

Whoever said the horror genre is expected to be poorly written because its fantasy? WTF are you talking about? Frankenstein, Dracula, The Exorcist, Carrie, Rosemary's Baby, The Shining to name a few, these are ALL famous horror novels, all well written and thought provoking.

Remember, the morons involved in this brain-numbing trash are very wealthy people, surely they can be more creative than this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 425September 15, 2021 6:24 PM

Someone has never heard of suspension of disbelief.

Good writing would assuage that problem.

by Anonymousreply 426September 15, 2021 6:27 PM

I started watching this season last night, on the Hulu app. Saw the first two episodes. I’m only watching because Finn Wittrock is the most beautiful man alive and Evan Peters is divine in every possible way. Culkin hurts to look at, he’s so ugly. The show is trash, but watchable trash.

I think it’s the first show I’ve seen that’s streamed in UHD that actually looks stunningly impressive in its 4K resolution. I don’t watch current TV shows that are shown in UHD, so I’m not saying all the other ones look like ass—just that this is the first one I’ve watched. The detail is incredible.

by Anonymousreply 427September 15, 2021 6:40 PM

Why haven’t they made Finn and Evan make out heavily yet? I watched Evan’s bathtub scene with the beautiful black guy in the first episode of Roanoke, and it made me rub myself down there.

Finn and Evan open-mouth kissing, or pressing their naked flesh together, would probably make me spontaneously evacuate.

by Anonymousreply 428September 15, 2021 6:48 PM

R428 Seriously? You are so desperate that a horror movie is the only source to masturbate?

Watch porn. Jackass.

by Anonymousreply 429September 15, 2021 6:58 PM

Yikes, I was just kidding, R429. Finn is beautiful and Evan is amazing—I was just expressing how hot they both are to me in an exaggerated way, for humorous effect.

Yes I know porn exists.

Hope the rest of your day goes better.

by Anonymousreply 430September 15, 2021 7:43 PM

See Evan and Finn fucking would not help this mess!

by Anonymousreply 431September 15, 2021 8:24 PM

I just love the relationship and interplay between the characters David and Alexis! So clever and well acted!

by Anonymousreply 432September 15, 2021 11:00 PM

Are you talking about tonight's episode, R432?

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 433September 16, 2021 12:15 AM

Anyone? Beuller?

by Anonymousreply 434September 16, 2021 1:54 AM

Of course we don’t expect it to be 100% historically accurate but multiple bloody murders (including the police chief) and random mutilated corpses/body parts washing up on the shore don’t seem to be bothering the local cops much (or attracting any media attention, for that matter.) That’s a lot for anyone watching to be expected to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 435September 16, 2021 1:54 AM

I told you they were going to eat the baby

by Anonymousreply 436September 16, 2021 2:16 AM

Little bitch. Dad's going to have to kill the little psycho.

by Anonymousreply 437September 16, 2021 2:18 AM

I think the little bitch is going to decide Daddy needs to go to.

by Anonymousreply 438September 16, 2021 2:25 AM

So is Ursula taking the pills now?

by Anonymousreply 439September 16, 2021 2:42 AM

R439 I think the pills are what made her a Super Agent.

by Anonymousreply 440September 16, 2021 2:44 AM

What I want to know is why people keep running out into the streets without their vamp protectors when they know those other creatures are lurking around.

by Anonymousreply 441September 16, 2021 3:04 AM

WTF are vamp protectors, a new type of scarf?

So, who ate the baby?

by Anonymousreply 442September 16, 2021 6:33 AM

Good season.

Obviously poking fun at The Qanon/Save the Children/Anti vaxxer/Democrats eat babies crowd.

Haven't seen Finn's ass unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 443September 16, 2021 6:33 AM

Someone above said Lily said this is her favorite episode. I am watching it now. I honestly feel kind of bad for the actress. She's obviously doing the very best she can to depict a confused, gaslit new mother, putting all she's got into the characterization but with really poor material to work with. It's like watching an actor on the old soap opera Passions trying to win an Oscar for a daytime soap involving a mermaid and a midget witch.

by Anonymousreply 444September 16, 2021 9:43 AM

Agent to mother: "You should probably drink more water—considering all that redecorating you're doing downstairs."

What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 445September 16, 2021 9:49 AM

I just noticed the dumb vampires with the pointy shoulder pads all have pointy teeth, too. Does that mean they all go to Billie Lourd for their 1980s trench coats and tooth surgeries? Do they go before or after they turn into mindless, hissing wild animals?

So many questions, all of them so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 446September 16, 2021 10:11 AM

Couldn't they have come up with something else for Lily's character to be creative with? Writers, musicians, painters and...interior decorators just don't seem equally creative. Decorators just buy what someone else created and put them together in rooms. They don't actually create.

by Anonymousreply 447September 16, 2021 10:17 AM

All the street vampire zombies with haute couture shoulders look male. Is Lily Rape the first woman vampire zombie? Or do they all just look male because they are all bald?

Why are the talentless vampire zombies controlled by the talented blood drinking vampire creators? The chemist explained the science of how the drug affects the creative part of the brain, but how does the creative part of the brain in the creative people work like a magic wand to scare away the uncreative vampire street zombies?

by Anonymousreply 448September 16, 2021 10:38 AM

I’ve never been to Cape Cod. For anyone who is familiar with it, does the show accurately present what life is like there?

by Anonymousreply 449September 16, 2021 11:07 AM

So Finn took the pill, immediately became a selfish and evil person like everyone else who took the pill, his daughter took the pill and became a more selfish and evil person, and suddenly Finn is the only pill popper who is a good guy with a moral compass...

by Anonymousreply 450September 16, 2021 11:22 AM

So the Sheriff disappears and no one looks for her ? The State Police are not out in full force in that city ? I thought pill woman said to kill the family but Evan and Frances took a few weeks off ? I give all shows a little leeway (all the hot women Jerry and George would get on Seinfeld, Jessica Fletcher always coming across murders, Brian was the hottest gay guy in town) but this show is pushing it too far. There has to be some reality or there are no stakes.

by Anonymousreply 451September 16, 2021 11:38 AM

[quote] There has to be some reality or there are no stakes.

This is the problem with the entire series after season one.

Asylum was mostly OK but the stupid song-and-damce to satiate Jessica Lange's ego was foreboding.

Coven was OK until the first witch died and remained alive. Then the second half of the season progressed with that happening. When there is no death, then nothing is at stake. Especially in horror.

That's the failure of the whole series. But beyond that, the writing is just inexcusably mindless. All yhe questions asked here are simple ones that should have been resolved by a team of writers to create a credible alternative reality.

by Anonymousreply 452September 16, 2021 11:44 AM

I really have this impulse to slap the bitchy daughter off and shove her face down the gutter. Not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 453September 16, 2021 11:49 AM

It could have been a decent twist with Paulson hunting down the pill takers one by one for her fix in the end. Of course, they squandered that opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 454September 16, 2021 11:51 AM

R454 that would have been more interesting. At least have her take out a couple more characters when they least expect it. But Paulson was too busy portraying Linda Tripp I think.

by Anonymousreply 455September 16, 2021 11:56 AM

So now what? Do Finn and the bitch daughter from hell drug the baby to find out if it's worthy or share a son/brother smoothie?

Honestly, it would be funny if they gave the baby the pill and the baby turned into a graveyard zombie, crawling around in a trenchcoat with big shoulder pads.

Is the show supposed to be funny? It's so stupid I can't tell if it's meant to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 456September 16, 2021 12:01 PM

Maybe Sarah's character walking into the sea will bring about a new type of critter? It did show previews of a fisherman finding something in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 457September 16, 2021 12:40 PM

Why do the vampire monsters all wear the same outfit?

by Anonymousreply 458September 16, 2021 1:53 PM

R468 lmfao, coming to think of it cracks me up. Perhaps the poster upthread is right about them going to Billie's shop for Haute Couture shoulder pads and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 459September 16, 2021 2:18 PM

Oops I meant R458! ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 460September 16, 2021 2:18 PM

The teeth and shoulder pads crossed my mind too as well as how do the waiters and workers at the Muse manage to navigate the streets going to and from work without encountering the high fashion zombie vamps.

That is one curiously deserted town.

by Anonymousreply 461September 16, 2021 2:22 PM

Any juicy butt yet?

by Anonymousreply 462September 16, 2021 2:23 PM

I started watching on HULU and love it so far. The cast is all of the good AHS players - and Macaulay Culkin is a perfect add. Big fan of Frances Conroy, Lily Rabe, Leslie Grossman, Evan Peters etc and Angelica Ross as the chemist. I didn't even realize that was Sarah Paulson playing TB Karen.

The dark piano bar in this spooky, deserted tourist town. I am digging it. There are some seasons of AHS where I had to turn it off or completely lost touch with the plot. But this one seems better so far.

by Anonymousreply 463September 16, 2021 2:32 PM

Plot holes aside, this is at least a cohesive season story-wise. Much tighter, and it probably has to do with having fewer episodes.

by Anonymousreply 464September 16, 2021 2:36 PM

The timeline confuses me. One week Culkin is a hustler and the next he's driving a sports car and has fancy duds. How much time is supposed to have lapsed?

by Anonymousreply 465September 16, 2021 2:48 PM

R447 Dorothy Draper would like a word with you.

by Anonymousreply 466September 16, 2021 3:30 PM

Did anyone else think the Vampires were going to break into MJ’s Thriller?

by Anonymousreply 467September 16, 2021 3:36 PM

I like the latest episode - they went down routes I least expected. Didn't see it coming that at the end, none of the good guys are left standing.

by Anonymousreply 468September 16, 2021 3:43 PM

The lighthouse Karen paints has been depicted in art by Edward Hopper and been on a stamp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469September 16, 2021 4:02 PM

I was surprised that the Dad turned out to be a total sociopath like the daughter. I guess it's a side effect of the pill. He threw the wife over pretty fast fir ambition. Shades of Guy And Rosemary Woodhouse.

by Anonymousreply 470September 16, 2021 4:04 PM

I wanted to see Karen’s painting. As she walked out into the ocean, I thought the camera would pan across the picture to reveal if she had talent or not.

by Anonymousreply 471September 16, 2021 4:06 PM

I thought there’d be allusions to Rocky Horror throughout the season.

by Anonymousreply 472September 16, 2021 4:08 PM

I think too, R470, we’re supposed to believe the talented have a disdain for the untalented.

by Anonymousreply 473September 16, 2021 4:08 PM

[quote] I was surprised that the Dad turned out to be a total sociopath like the daughter. I guess it's a side effect of the pill. He threw the wife over pretty fast fir ambition

The mother (Lily Rabe) also changed into a creature pretty fast.

The first guy to change into a monster at least had time to visit the scientist and tell her what was happening. She had time to study his transition, and he had time to shop for a coat.

The mother changed in one night.

by Anonymousreply 474September 16, 2021 4:13 PM

I cannot believe Super-Christian Neal McDonough is in the second version of Double Feature. Has he never seen a Ryan Murphy production?

by Anonymousreply 475September 16, 2021 4:15 PM

R474 I think with all the research the Chemist is doing she refines and tweaks the drug more and it’s effects happen quicker.

by Anonymousreply 476September 16, 2021 4:15 PM

Anyone else think if Ryan Murphy took the pill he would turn into a ghoul? I think he surrounds himself with talented people and uses ideas from talented people. Maybe he's marginally talented enough.

by Anonymousreply 477September 16, 2021 4:41 PM

Ryan .Murphy is a talent vampire.

by Anonymousreply 478September 16, 2021 5:01 PM

Ryan Murphy is an energy vampire!

by Anonymousreply 479September 16, 2021 5:30 PM

Ryan Murphy is a energy talent vampire!

by Anonymousreply 480September 16, 2021 6:00 PM

Why don't we all agree, Ryan Murphy SUCKS! 🧛🧛‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 481September 16, 2021 6:39 PM

So, if you have some talent take the pill, it magnifies that talent while giving you a thirst for blood. but isn't that entire reasoning really vague. Writing, musicianship are examples of talent but what about something like whistling ("Oh, Billy, for a five-year old, you have such a talent for whistling!") or even something more abstract like an academic or scholastic talent.

Speaking of the pills... the side effects for both the talented and the non are a thirst for blood which apparently also manifests as a feeding frenzy when its available, The users aren't turned into traditional vampires with no immortality, no super strength, etc. And yet everyone seems to fear them, including each other. But if they basically remain the same physical person, what;s to stop someone from slapping the shit out of a prepubescent violin-playing psycho or a geriatric female romance novelist?

by Anonymousreply 482September 16, 2021 6:59 PM

I'm really gunning for the psycho little twat to get it. She has zero redeeming qualities and her constant sawing on that violin would cause anyone to commit murder.

by Anonymousreply 483September 16, 2021 7:07 PM

Exactly. I really want to rip that smug look off her face.

by Anonymousreply 484September 16, 2021 7:16 PM

The story is sexist by having the man being the successful one, who outgrows his boring wife. It would have worked much better to have the wife be the screenwriter and the husband shift from being an equal in the relationship to being an albatross.

by Anonymousreply 485September 16, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote] I'm really gunning for the psycho little twat to get it.

The evil little cunt is going to have be literally ripped apart to give the audience any sense of satisfaction when the season ends.

by Anonymousreply 486September 16, 2021 7:24 PM

I thought that violin sawing brat was played by Bailee Madison, but she'd be an adult by now. Same face. Possibly related?

by Anonymousreply 487September 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Is anyone retarted on this show?

by Anonymousreply 488September 17, 2021 12:01 PM

I hate the girl. She has such a twitchy face. I hope Evan does come and kill her, Finn, and Finn’s Agent. Was the baby still alive at the end? I missed that part. I think that Finn was going to keep him.

Felt bad for Lily Rabe in this. I would’ve probably killed her rather than leave her to be a zombie person.

I was also hoping Sarah Paulson would kill all the other pill-takers, especially the old lady. Seems like a waste that the one character who still had some morality killed herself.

One episode left?

by Anonymousreply 489September 17, 2021 12:08 PM

RM loves Paulson too much, like Lange, not to make her the heroine. Her storyline is ubresolved. She will return. The season poster shows a split image, with an alien head above the water and a Ptown loser vampire below the surface. We have seen a few killings on the shore but no underwater vampire action—yet that is what the poster promises, and what the title Red Tide suggests as a setting. Last we saw Paulson, she was walking into the tide making it red with her blood. So I fully expect she will resurface and triumph. Also, if Murphy has any actual creative control, his subconscious will probably be compelled to punish the characters who are brilliant writers because of his envy of their talent.

Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 490September 17, 2021 12:22 PM

R489 The girl is hatable. I can imagine the writers coming up with their horror movie pathwork pastiche this season deciding to bring in the creepy Damien from The Omen but making the kid a girl to be PC and 'creative' and unintentionally making the girl irredeemably annoying.

Creepy quiet kid who stares = horror story gold.

Annoyingly bratty violent kid = annoying story.

by Anonymousreply 491September 17, 2021 12:25 PM

Maybe Paulson will be an ocean spirit like Reba in 'Barb & Star'

by Anonymousreply 492September 17, 2021 12:26 PM

Sarah Paulson will be abducted by the aliens

by Anonymousreply 493September 17, 2021 12:28 PM

Oh, God, I bet Murphy's next story theft will be The Abyss. Paulson is going to swirl around in the waves and her blood will attract extraterrestrials who will abduct her and take her to the desert where they will experiment on her. The chemist will turn out to be an alien or working for the aliens. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 494September 17, 2021 12:31 PM

Did Denis O’Hare’s character take the pill?

by Anonymousreply 495September 17, 2021 12:46 PM

I’d take that- the aliens save Sarah Paulson and help her exterminate anyone on the pill. And the chemist. Then they fly away to Melmac where she can be a happy seascape painter. *chef’s kiss*

by Anonymousreply 496September 17, 2021 12:48 PM

I was wondering that too R495 - they haven't made it clear as far as I can remember.

by Anonymousreply 497September 17, 2021 1:22 PM

I love you, R483

by Anonymousreply 498September 17, 2021 3:33 PM

Yes R489 the baby is still alive. People on the internet were exaggerating calling him a snack. Doris gets locked in the bathroom before she can eat him then Finn releases her to roam in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 499September 17, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote] I told you they were going to eat the baby

Well, this aged well. You really told us, huh.

I do hope the little daughter gets killed at some point. She’s the most evil character in the story.

Also, I realized the last two episodes they’re also ripping off Blue Sunshine. The pill that causes the untalented to lose their hair is the equivalent of the “Blue Sunshine” acid that causes people to lose their hair and turn psychotic. Watch it if you never have—it’s a great movie from the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 500September 17, 2021 4:04 PM

I'm relieved that Lange's face has relaxed a little in the photo of the trailer the OP posted. No, I DIDN'T look at the trailer. Ugh.

At least it looks like she can close her eyes more.

by Anonymousreply 501September 17, 2021 4:21 PM

That's not Jessica Lange, that's Frances Ornery

by Anonymousreply 502September 17, 2021 4:23 PM

^^^^Conroy

by Anonymousreply 503September 17, 2021 4:42 PM

Lange is nowhere to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 504September 17, 2021 5:02 PM

This part of the series cannot end soon enough.

This has been the worst AHS so far.

by Anonymousreply 505September 17, 2021 5:13 PM

R505 No, it's not. Your mind is playing tricks on you. Most of the seasons have been abysmally written television. I cannot believe these writers continue to sell their projects to networks. They must just get high and write down their rambling thoughts and never look at them again, with their original drafts used as shooting scripts. I bet the art director is the real show runner on this series.

by Anonymousreply 506September 17, 2021 5:16 PM

R505 repeats that mantra every season, hoping it will stick.

It's not working, cuntface.

by Anonymousreply 507September 17, 2021 6:02 PM

It is dreadful writing, though, R507.

The show, I mean. Not r505s post.

by Anonymousreply 508September 17, 2021 6:28 PM

Maybe the aliens aren’t aliens. What if they are the baldies who evolve into a higher life form, surpassing the “talented” folks.

by Anonymousreply 509September 17, 2021 11:44 PM

I've never been attracted to a bloated, bisexual, drug-addicted meth whore, but Macaulay Culkin is oddly attractive in this. I think it's the puppydog eyes. He's always had beautiful eyes.

Angelica Ross might not win awards anytime soon, but she keeps getting better every season, and I enjoy watching her work.

I want to drop-kick Leslie Grossman in the throat. No, not her character. The actress herself. I guess she's just that good at playing the part. But it's the only part she's able to play.

Truth be told, my FAVORITE character in any season where the actress is featured, is Frances Conroy's hair. It's ALWAYS going to be fantastic. And this season is no different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510September 18, 2021 4:01 AM

Culkin is absolutely hideous.

by Anonymousreply 511September 18, 2021 4:03 AM

Breaking news: Sarah Paulson remarks on Late Night show that Double Feature will possibly be her last season.

by Anonymousreply 512September 18, 2021 4:17 AM

The link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513September 18, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote] When does it premier?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514September 18, 2021 4:23 AM

[quote][R505] repeats that mantra every season, hoping it will stick. It's not working, cuntface.

How fucking WRONG you are, douchebag.

I haven't watched the last THREE seasons of this shit-fest series.

by Anonymousreply 515September 18, 2021 6:56 AM

R515, if you haven't watched the last 3 seasons, what on Earth are you doing posting on (or even just reading) a thread about the current season?

by Anonymousreply 516September 18, 2021 2:08 PM

I'm done with this story line, it really doesn't go anywhere satisfying. Ready for the aliens.

by Anonymousreply 517September 18, 2021 2:18 PM

I thought this week’s episode was the last of Red Tide?

by Anonymousreply 518September 18, 2021 2:22 PM

R518 Nope, next week is when Sarah Paulson, who just died, doesn't die and ends up abducted by the aliens.

Not a spoiler, just likely.

by Anonymousreply 519September 18, 2021 2:27 PM

She didn’t “just die”, did she? Unless I fell asleep, she (spoiler alert) …

…took the pill just as she was about to be ravaged by the bald vampires. Then she and Culkin are in the next scene together. Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 520September 18, 2021 2:51 PM

R520 Yes, you missed the end of the episode. Here's your spoiler alert. Don't read further if you didn't see it. Here's the spoiler: She took the pill, found Culkin, bit his throat out, went to the shore, slit her wrists open and walked into the ocean and presumably bled to death/drowned. But since she is Ryan Murphy's special pet and since he always does lame dead-but-still-alive plotlines and since there is one episode left, she's almost certainly dead but still alive.

by Anonymousreply 521September 18, 2021 2:56 PM

Oh, right! Sorry, R521, I was really stoned when I watched it. I remember all that now. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 522September 18, 2021 3:04 PM

[quote][R515], if you haven't watched the last 3 seasons, what on Earth are you doing posting on (or even just reading) a thread about the current season?

Wait, WHAAAT? WTF are you smoking?

Are there RULES about watching this trash series? Does one NEED to watch every damn season to know what's going on? OF COURSE NOT. It's a different story every season, with most of the cast remaining the same from past seasons. People don't need to watch every season to know RM uses the same performers.

I decided to watch this season, sue me.

by Anonymousreply 523September 18, 2021 3:46 PM

R523, relax. No one said that you're not allowed to watch anything. I asked why, if you hate the show so much, you're still reading (and posting to) a thread about it.

My only "rule" in this context -- someone who's not watching the show in question loses the right to have her/his opinion about its current season taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 524September 18, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote] R515, if you haven't watched the last 3 seasons, what on Earth are you doing posting on (or even just reading) a thread about the current season?

Exactly.

R515/R523 is one of the regular haters (maybe paid, maybe not paid) to come and trash the show every year.

I've noticed that it's always the same comments, year after year, like clockwork.

Ryan Murphy has a lot of trolls who like to trash everything he does.

Not sure why, but they're really tedious.

by Anonymousreply 525September 18, 2021 6:21 PM

So when is the little bitch daughter going to debut at Carnegie Hall, nailing Bach, Locatelli, and Paganini to rapturous applause and a record contract?

by Anonymousreply 526September 18, 2021 7:22 PM

Based on the poster featuring an alien coming at a vampire who is laying struggling, gasping, as though trying to escape from the alien—fans suspect that Paulson's blood will somehow give birth to a clan of aliens and exterminate those hideous vampires.

by Anonymousreply 527September 18, 2021 7:23 PM

There's another poster that shows a vampire French kissing an alien and the black pill is sitting on both their tongues.

by Anonymousreply 528September 18, 2021 7:24 PM

said poster ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529September 18, 2021 7:24 PM

R528 oh jeez I saw it and somehow completely forgot about that version. Well then apparently what the guess is highly probable.

by Anonymousreply 530September 18, 2021 7:31 PM

^ "apparently the guess". Ignore my "what"

by Anonymousreply 531September 18, 2021 7:32 PM

here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532September 18, 2021 7:36 PM

I feel completely uninvested in the story, even though I’ve watched all the episodes this season so far. I truly do not care what happens next, with aliens or whatever. How can anyone form any sort of attachment to a show that’s so poorly written? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 533September 18, 2021 8:10 PM

"Gaslight" was a hell of an episode. And it had two of the saddest scenes in AHS so far: Doris being kicked out by her family onto the streets, and Karen killing Mickey and herself.

by Anonymousreply 534September 18, 2021 8:48 PM

That’s why I want Doris’ family to get their comeuppance, R534. And Ursula.

by Anonymousreply 535September 18, 2021 11:35 PM

Eureka as Crystal Decanter stole the show.

by Anonymousreply 536September 18, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote] Breaking news: Sarah Paulson remarks on Late Night show that Double Feature will possibly be her last season.

Next season Ryan Murphy will move the actress playing Finn Wittock’s evil bratty daughter to lead, with Evan Peters taking second billing to her.

by Anonymousreply 537September 19, 2021 12:33 AM

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how the last episode was a total homage to Rosemary's Baby. I'm disappointed that the rest of you are missing these references.

by Anonymousreply 538September 19, 2021 4:21 PM

R538 Don't give yourself too much credit on this one, Dear. None of this show's references is subtle. They beat you over the head with the scenes and direction stolen from disparate horror movies and it doesn't really warrant discussion and dissection of the obvious. This ain't Kubrick.

by Anonymousreply 539September 19, 2021 4:24 PM

I got it r538. I even mentioned it in a comment above that Finn's character is Guy Woodhouse. His ambition results in his complete lack of regard for his wife.

by Anonymousreply 540September 19, 2021 4:25 PM

R538, the stolen bits from other horror movies is what's fun about AHS. No one is expecting anything original .

by Anonymousreply 541September 19, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how the last episode was a total homage to Rosemary's Baby. I'm disappointed that the rest of you are missing these references.

I noticed it (Lucy stalking through the house in her nightgown with the big knife, looking for her baby) but the stolen bit from Blue Sunshine is what really stood out to me, because that’s a relatively obscure horror movie and I wanted to remember it to come here and tell everyone. Haha.

R541, I watch it for Evan and Finn. There isn’t really anything fun about what Ryan Murphy and the other guy do, apart from showcasing those dreamboats.

by Anonymousreply 542September 19, 2021 4:39 PM

Finn's floppy hair was acting overtime in Episode 5.

I almost felt sorry for Lily Rabe's character--debased and cast out as a bald, jerky vampire simply because she was an archetypal DL Frau.

by Anonymousreply 543September 19, 2021 6:41 PM

R543 Don't feel bad for her! She still needs one of those sassy trench coats with the pointy shoulders and needs to get her teeth sharpened. So she's got a fabulous makeover in her future!

by Anonymousreply 544September 19, 2021 6:46 PM

Billie Lourd and Denis O'Hare must be so desperate for work that Murphy felt compelled to offer them 5 minutes of screen time this season.

by Anonymousreply 545September 19, 2021 7:24 PM

Or it’s an easy payday. I’d do it, too.

by Anonymousreply 546September 19, 2021 7:45 PM

Working for RM is like checking into the Hotel California.

by Anonymousreply 547September 19, 2021 7:47 PM

Would love to see Alma's black pill start wearing off while she's locked out of the house, And who should come straggling up the street - Zombie Vampire Mom!

by Anonymousreply 548September 19, 2021 7:56 PM

R548 I would really, really like to see that.

by Anonymousreply 549September 19, 2021 8:31 PM

I love how dark this week's episode was. It's been a pretty scary season and unfortunately in some seasons the scares just aren't there. LOVE Kevin McAllister. My new favourite actor. x

by Anonymousreply 550September 19, 2021 8:39 PM

Alma is based on Princess Charlotte, yes?

by Anonymousreply 551September 19, 2021 8:57 PM

The cinematography this season has been exceptional and I hope its remembered come Emmy time. They've perfectly captured the gray, depressing atmosphere of winter in a summer town.

by Anonymousreply 552September 19, 2021 10:05 PM

[quote] They've perfectly captured the gray, depressing atmosphere of winter in a summer town.

It’s just a filter and basic video editing. There’s nothing innovative about it.

by Anonymousreply 553September 19, 2021 10:08 PM

[quote] LOVE Kevin McAllister.

I’m sorry… WHO?!

by Anonymousreply 554September 19, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] Is anyone retarted on this show?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 555September 19, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote] Is anyone retarted on this show?

Speaking of, what happened to Addie from season one?

I miss "Pretty Girl."

I saw her again in AHS Coven, and then never again after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556September 19, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote]Billie Lourd and Denis O'Hare must be so desperate for work that Murphy felt compelled to offer them 5 minutes of screen time this season.

Dude we were in the middle of a pandemic and all productions shut down for a year.

[quote]I love how dark this week's episode was.

Yeah well that scene with the mother and daughter with the pill went on forever and was deadly dull.

by Anonymousreply 557September 19, 2021 11:34 PM

I am sure Billie Lourd doesn’t care - her name appears in the opening credits, so she gets paid for the episode whether she’s in it or not.

by Anonymousreply 558September 19, 2021 11:39 PM

R556 She played a evil doll in Freak Show, a blind stripper in Cult, and her witch character in Apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 559September 20, 2021 1:03 AM

new episode's teaser is out

by Anonymousreply 560September 20, 2021 5:10 PM

Mamie, can you look up this Billie Lourd on the Google? I feel like I should know who she is for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 561September 20, 2021 5:13 PM

Here’s the link to the new episode teaser. The episode airs this Wednesday Sept. 22.

Fucking hell, I hope they kill the daughter Alma. Evil little cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562September 20, 2021 5:41 PM

Just goes to show you that a career in interior design is a literal dead end.

by Anonymousreply 563September 20, 2021 5:44 PM

Will Glabournie Siddharbaby maje an appeerence this year?

by Anonymousreply 564September 20, 2021 5:46 PM

Alma will probably kill her dad. He’s weak. Alma will team up with Evan, Frances, or the Chemist and become the new head Bitch in charge.

I hate her. I hope her zombie mom eats her.

by Anonymousreply 565September 20, 2021 5:53 PM

Alma is an alien hybrid child.

by Anonymousreply 566September 20, 2021 6:39 PM

Well that would be retarded, R566.

by Anonymousreply 567September 20, 2021 6:49 PM

I hope there's not connection between Red Tide and the aliens story.

by Anonymousreply 568September 20, 2021 7:25 PM

Rotten Tomatoes lists this season with a 95% critics approval score...listing zero critical reviews. I wonder how much RM Productions is paying Rotten Tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 569September 20, 2021 7:25 PM

Is AHS: RED TIDE about the horrors of menstruation?

by Anonymousreply 570September 20, 2021 7:34 PM

Has there been any connections between Red Tide and other AHS Seasons? There are usually a few Easter eggs, but I haven’t noticed anything yet.

by Anonymousreply 571September 20, 2021 7:42 PM

The last episode was titled GASLIGHT and that's the most obvious film reference. They don't pretend to be subtle because they openly pay homage. Of course there is some ROSEMARY'S BABY in it (when she was pregnant) but GASLIGHT is what happened to Doris. Her baby isn't a demon/ devil. I really don't see a problem with references, it's nevertheless an original horror story mixed with themes as pandemic and drug addiction (the neck turning of the pale people is something new unless you consider it a rip-off from 80's soap actresses trademark head spinning in title cards) and so far one of the better seasons of AHS.

by Anonymousreply 572September 20, 2021 8:17 PM

Can't wait for Mike Flanagan's Midnight Mass, which premieres this week on Netflix. It's at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. Flanagan is a better creative than Ryan Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573September 20, 2021 8:22 PM

Da Vinci was more creative than Murphy. Shall we start to link his work here to make no sense?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574September 20, 2021 8:28 PM

I loved the end of that preview, it sucks that on Hulu they don’t include the coming attractions, the best part was Conroy bring out her pushed to far don’t fuck with me Ruth voice!

by Anonymousreply 575September 20, 2021 10:04 PM

Is this the last episode? I'm tired of it all and want some aliens. The brat will probably go back to the city with the agent and a bag of pills, just guessing

by Anonymousreply 576September 21, 2021 2:14 AM

Yes this week’s episode will be the last of the ‘Red Tide’ story.

I just hope Evan is in the next batch of episodes to follow.

by Anonymousreply 577September 21, 2021 2:34 AM

After all of her concerns about Lyme Disease, I hope it is a tick that cures Doris.

I assume the black pill is alien technology. I wonder if The Chemist is human at all. Perhaps, she is an alien from part 2.

by Anonymousreply 578September 21, 2021 1:39 PM

The Chemist was not at all tempted by material gain or fame, so she can't be human.

by Anonymousreply 579September 21, 2021 1:41 PM

Isn’t Red Tide a school boy euphemisms for a girl having her period?

by Anonymousreply 580September 21, 2021 2:04 PM

I’ve used Tide for years. Sorry Doris, it ain’t red.

by Anonymousreply 581September 21, 2021 8:33 PM

So there's only one episode left? Where's Evan Peters?

Definitely hope Zombie mom kills Alma, hoping for a good twist ending.

by Anonymousreply 582September 21, 2021 9:32 PM

This thread is almost done, so I created a Part 2 just in case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 21, 2021 9:37 PM

Why didn't Lily Rabe get fancy Anna Wintour Pill Person black couture before the family set her off down the street? Or do you only get the fancy duds after you find your fellow people?

by Anonymousreply 584September 23, 2021 10:36 AM

The thrift shop/tattoo/dentist girl has extras in her trunk so whenever she spots a new baldy around town she can dress them correctly.

by Anonymousreply 585September 23, 2021 2:48 PM

It looks like she tailors the clothes to each individual baldy -- they're so well fit! Must be hard to get measurements when they jerk around like that.

by Anonymousreply 586September 23, 2021 3:44 PM

If they would've ended this chapter at episode 5, it would truly be horrifying. The bad/evil bitches win and that's that. I have a feeling Murphy and co are going to ruin this story with a terrible ending.

by Anonymousreply 587September 23, 2021 9:12 PM

Oh wait, I meant episode 6. Wait, that WAS the end?

by Anonymousreply 588September 23, 2021 9:15 PM

I wish the whole season had been about Dot Marie Jones vs. Dennis O’Hare, Robin Weigert, and the townspeople.

I love Dot Marie.

by Anonymousreply 589September 24, 2021 12:19 PM

Next chapter should have been the whole season and it looks very promising. But if it disappoints I will probably give up the show. The black pill episodes were just a terrific cast uttering nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 590September 24, 2021 12:41 PM

Ryan done fucked up again. I’m gonna pretend that episode 5 was the finale. Why can’t he ever stick the landing? x

by Anonymousreply 591September 24, 2021 1:25 PM

Devil girl is a great little actress. I hope she stays sane in real life. lol

by Anonymousreply 592September 24, 2021 1:30 PM

What a ridiculous ending to an already ridiculous storyline.

So I guess Finn and Lily had no other living family members? No one wonders where they went? He writes all these amazing scripts and is Hollywood's new It Boy, is suddenly gone, and no one cares?

The little daughter bitch kills a grown man, sucks his blood out, is able to drag him down the stairs and into the hall and clean up all the blood?

Frances Conroy and Evan Peters have been terrorizing P-Town for years, but it only took a Hollywood PR bitch to figure out a way to wipe them out in minutes?

God, what a mess.

by Anonymousreply 593September 24, 2021 2:15 PM

I haven't even watched the finale and am not the least bit sorry I read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 594September 24, 2021 2:29 PM

I didn't really "get" the ending. Ursula destroys LA by giving out pills willy-nilly, therefore Hollywood lacks talent, and the chemist drives off with the baby.

by Anonymousreply 595September 24, 2021 3:58 PM

R595 Dumb. Just dumb. I don't know if Part 2 will intersect with Part 1, but either way, Part 1 was a complete mess from beginning to end.

Kudos to the cast, though, for 100% committing to this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 596September 24, 2021 4:24 PM

Creepshow had an episode with some horrifying looking vampires. Like their whole mouth distended open and Molly Ringwald was in it.

by Anonymousreply 597September 24, 2021 5:58 PM

I'd be horrified too if Molly Ringwald was in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 598September 24, 2021 8:29 PM

The last episode was absolutely abysmal. I had to apologize to my groaning boyfriend, who decided to sit down and watch with me, even though he hadn’t seen any previous episodes (of any season, not just this one). “I swear, the earlier episodes of this season were bad, but they weren’t THIS bad.” He laughed and asked why I was watching it. I said because Finn Wittrock is the most beautiful man alive, and Evan Peters is my favorite actor.

I kept checking the time lapse bar to see how many minutes were left. It was downright sad how awful the episode was, and I was actually embarrassed for myself and for the actors.

by Anonymousreply 599September 25, 2021 12:05 AM

I know it’s a waste of time to try to make sense of this story, but why did Ursula turn the whole town into vampires?

by Anonymousreply 600September 25, 2021 2:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!