Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The New HGTV Thread: Fall is Here!

But Adrian Leeds STILL can't find you a full sized fridge in the Fourth Arrondissement, mon cher.

Let's get to it, shall we??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2021 8:05 PM

The prior thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2021 9:27 PM

As mentioned on the other thread....Cuntina is engaged. AGAIN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Christina Hall?

Hot dog down a hallway, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 1:24 AM

Meanwhile Tarek's new show had him and his Christina knock off buying THEIR new house.

These kids will need sooooooo much therapy

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 4:29 PM

Nice crotch flash from Michael Cordray. He knows his audience!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 11:49 PM

What do we think of Kevin Brugger, the German Realtor from House Hunters International?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2021 1:34 AM

R6 Meh.

I mean, nice enough but I was hoping for someone with a slightly stronger personality. Kevin doesn't seem specifically German, he could be selling real estate anywhere on the continent

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2021 1:59 AM

Last night she was showing a bi-racial couple some properties near Monaco in the south of France. I'm always amazed at how cramped apartments are in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2021 2:37 PM

Damn, I really want Mark Bowe inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2021 10:23 PM

Or I'd gladly kneel in front of him, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2021 12:50 AM

Something is off with the new Boise Boys show. The fat one was acting really creepy and scary around the family's kids.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote] I'm always amazed at how cramped apartments are in Europe.

Yes, 80% of Americans on this show expose their crassness complaining that apartments in Europe are different compared to apartments back home in Chicago and LA.

And then they start whining that every appliance needs to be 'updated'.

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2021 1:54 AM

Cuntina must have some kind of magical pussy, because listening to that voice would compel me to throw myself in front of traffic.

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2021 2:25 PM

She's most straight men's vision of a hot woman - even if she's brain dead and has that nasal drone.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2021 4:49 PM

It doesn't sound good for either Mark Bowe or Michael Cordray - looks like both of their shows may be getting the axe or at least not be commissioned for any new episodes.

Jeebus forbid we don't give the vile Gaineses more hours to program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote]She's most straight men's vision of a hot woman - even if she's brain dead and has that nasal drone.

Yes, fake blond hair w/ extensions added, fake tan, fake eyelashes and tons of eye makeup, fake nails, fake boobs, fake veneered teeth.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2021 7:43 AM

R8, I was amazed that a couple with a young kid would even consider a fourth floor walk up, especially since they expect the grandmother to babysit every day.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2021 12:03 PM

La Leeds is a fucking legend!

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2021 1:17 PM

There was an HHI in Berlin with the whiniest cunt I've seen in a while. The guy was handsome and she was stringy haired and whiny the whole time.

Straight men need to learn they can do better.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2021 3:19 PM

Tarek is a loon and very nouveau riche trash.

But he does look fine.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2021 11:55 PM

Cory's shorts were so short this week on Good Bones it was comical. He has to be gay. I mean, seriously, he's such a priss.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2021 11:56 PM

last week on HH International they had on an attractive middle aged (maybe 50s?) gay couple buying a place in Mexico. It was cute to watch but their "debates" were of course scripted since they had picked the property prior to filming

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2021 12:13 AM

Tarek's show had two VERY muscular blond men on this week.

the first had a little more of that "I'm checking in with my parole officer" vibe while the second was apparently his sister's boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote] Cory's shorts were so short this week on Good Bones

Shorter than this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote] It doesn't sound good for either Mark Bowe…

That's a pity. But I'm surprised they have so many clients willing to renovate their barns; I assumed country people would prefer to demolish.

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2021 3:10 AM

R24 Around the same length, maybe slightly shorter, but they were jean shorts and SUPER snug.

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2021 3:12 AM

I wonder what's happening here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2021 3:13 AM

In my fantasy, Cory's about to get lubed up so Tad's double digit donger can have a ride.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2021 3:17 AM

Chip looks ridiculous with that long hair. And for all the money they've raked in, he always looks unbathed.

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2021 5:10 AM

ooff

by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2021 2:11 PM

The husband on Tarek's show this week was a big ole MARY! He was the very stereotype of a Latino husbear.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2021 4:41 PM

More Rock The Block, led by human cigarette and Axe spray bottle Ty Pennington

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2021 5:42 PM

I still miss Scott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 6:24 PM

A Scott/Strombo sandwich, please

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 6:26 PM

I like the Restoring Galveston show. The guy is very good but his constantly pregnant wife is annoying af. Problem is there are just so many old Galveston houses worth restoring. They'll run out of potential flips soon if they haven't already.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2021 7:26 PM

If I lived with him I would be having him impregnate me all the time too!

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Dear DIY/HGTV/Discovery

Can you extend the on air commercials with Mark Bowe, please?

Maybe get a few closeups of his hands.....those hairy forearms? The bulge in his work pants?

And make them, like, three minutes long? Just long enough for me to be able to stroke and blow my load to his sexy fucking smirk?

Thanks in advance.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2021 2:17 PM

EVERY HHI in Mexico = eldergay couple buying a 2nd home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2021 1:42 PM

R38 that's the episode I mentioned earlier

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2021 5:01 PM

A Paris episode with some woman who was making her heels do some HEAVY lifting and had the nelliest friend I've ever seen on HGTV.

But La Leeds made it all better. She posed fabulously in all the client's photos AND told that heifer she didn't need a full size fridge. I remain hers truly.

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2021 4:45 AM

Adrian is the best. France just wouldn’t be the same without her.

by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2021 5:52 AM

R41 She really is.

She struck me as a bit odd years ago when I first started watching, and I used to make fun of her a bit, but honestly, she comes across as fair but blunt and her honesty about the realities of living in Paris are a breath of fresh air compared to so many other HGTV personas.

I mean, I realize it's for the cameras. But she has the best balance of what a real estate person SHOULD have of anyone on camera at HGTV. She makes the client feel like she's a friend BUT she's ruthlessly honest about what they're walking into......

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2021 1:04 PM

R42, I would agree it's refreshing to hear someone bluntly explain, "Oh no, no, no, you can't even begin to afford a kitchen larger than a broom closet in the Septième. It's not going to happen for you. And you can just forget about entertaining your vast circle of choc Parisian friends here, too: no such kitchen for you, and you'll be lucky if you find one friend who's half French-Canadian in the swath of pied-à-terres owned by rich Midwestern dentist's wives. Nobody you will meet speaks French here, I don't and I've lived here for decades!."

If she stopped there I'd be all for it, but every little dump she shows she gives her client that "So are you gonna buy it, already? You may as well. If nothing suits you, just buy the first place you see. I need my commission today!"

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2021 2:41 PM

The other night I was bored and was bingeing HHI on Discovery+

While it's sort of cool to see the real estate in cities all over the world, watching the shows without commercials makes you realize how ham fisted they are about "You only care about getting a swimming pool" or "you are the cheap one!" and how about half the people (and I'm being generous) come off as super annoying and naive.

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2021 2:55 PM

R44, I've noticed the same: the removal of commercial interruptions magnifies the faults of the show's editing and sometimes its participants. I hate HHI for traveling to Munich only to spend a half-hour looking at three equally dreary recently built houses that, but for a couple of tiny details, might as easily be outside Bonn or Stockholm or Durham or Brussels or the Costa Brava.

Sometimes the show will engineer an old city/shiny suburbs dichotomy starting with a tour of a tiny barely one-bedroom apartment for a family of four, but with a view of Brunelleschi's dome, then the spouse will whine that, "because we uprooted the kids and brought them to Florence, we should find a suburban house every bit as boring as where we used to live. Oh, and honey, you'll have to stay home all day with no job and knowing no one, because we're so far away from anything and we can only afford one car."

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2021 4:12 PM

Good analysis R45

The other bit is when they find single people/retirees/empty nesters who really want to travel a lot while they're overseas and will take the much smaller/less attractive apartment because "that extra $300/month will let us do so much more traveling!"

The Asian wet room bathrooms still have yet to win me over though. Seems like they'd be permanently damp and dank, not to mention the hassle of having to move everything out of the room when you shower. A tiny shower in the corner with walls to keep in the water would be preferable.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2021 4:19 PM

Those shows are all faked to death but yes, the HHI ones magnify the fakery.

The German ones are terrible. No matter what city they play the same oompah music. One guy kept asking for "Bavarian charm" in a city that was not anywhere in Bavaria.

We know the owner/renter already has their place when they are filming, but seriously, could they not pretend a little better and have an actual property that looks legit?

by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2021 9:34 PM

And splurge a little on the HHI shopping budgets,. There's not much point if they are going to show an adult student 8n a tight budget trying to find an apartment in Edinburgh for under £355/month, or a missionary couple in Berlin who pretend to want views then end up mes beyond the farthest airport.

by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2021 9:55 PM

Why does it seem like they feature the Netherlands so much on House Hunters International? I'd like more countries instead

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2021 10:23 PM

Probably easier to find realtors who speak fluent English R49

Though I was reminded of DL when watching the recent episode where the couple with two kids was moving from NY to Amsterdam--she was Dutch, he was not.

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2021 11:42 PM

Who's going to go to Galveston to take care of Michael Cordray's relentlessly hard, horny dick?

If we don't, that heifer will be pregnant again next year!

by Anonymousreply 51October 19, 2021 4:14 PM

Hmmm.

I just wanna put my face....right....THERE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2021 7:01 PM

Watched an episode of HHI where the family was moving from Ohio to the Netherlands.

The dad was originally from Turkey and.....weird. He didn't seem that attractive at first, sort of tall and awkward, but he had a certain magnetism, and he was just HUGE (big hands, just....big). By the end of the episode I was moist.

by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2021 1:42 PM

Has Inside Out been renewed for another season? Haven't seen it on the schedule for awhile. I like the two main guys on it. One allegedly straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2021 8:44 PM

Damn, I have to watch that one R54.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2021 2:11 PM

Apparently there's a new season of my two favorite tarts!

It may be on Peacock now, I am guessing it may come to HGTV before long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2021 2:12 PM

R56 that was the worst show ever. Dumb, crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2021 3:35 PM

I love love LOVE Angel!

Even if she did go into thrift stores and markets looking like she raided Boy George's closet.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2021 8:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!