Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pumpkin Spice - Have You Indulged?

While the general consensus on DL is that pumpkin spice is the most frauish abomination, short of "Live, Laugh, Love", I bet that at least 1/2 of you gave in to temptation and bought something. Whether it was the latte (and I hope you cradled your mug) or some Trader Joe's ice cream or salsa...admit it, you at least thought of, or bought some.

I will start by admitting I buy the waffles every year in bulk and freeze them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 11:40 PM

Never have I ever. I don’t even eat pumpkin pie.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 3:04 PM

Was it really necessary to start ANOTHER thread on this topic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 9:57 PM

I bet OP was really into cupcakes and bacon 10 years ago. He also thinks jokes about Florida are funny.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 10:01 PM

Pumpkin spice anything is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 10:25 PM

I did get suckered into getting an ice cappuccino and I didn't like it. Way too sweet. It tasted like liquid pumpkin pie.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 10:33 PM

R3 - never cared about cupcakes and saw them as an annoying topic of older or suburban women. I think I last ate eggs and bacon 2010 because a hookup made breakfast but other than that, I avoid it. I did go balls out over my other fellow expats and try Romanian bacon known as "slanina" but only because a colleague made it on his family farm after killing the hog as per tradition at Christmas. It's essentially pure pork fat, marinated in brine, smoked and coated with paprika and served with black bread, moonshine and raw red onion halves often crushed by the fist and soaked in red vinegar and peppercorns. You can also just roast it over the fire and eat it or add it to any dish canned out for a fatty, charbroiled and smokey taste. A real peasant dish. Obviously, once that slab was gone, no more bacon for me...and let's not even start about meatless substitutes that sound like a lab experiment. It was a once in a lifetime thing so I am glad I gave it a shot. Harcore but tasty as hell.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 11:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!