Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's try and predict the upcoming episode of QaF as penned by Roxane Gay

Yes, you read it right, apparently our very own DL-fave has written one of the episodes of the rebooted Queer as Folk! And she doesn't want to hear your opinions about the show in anyway! No seriously, all day she was barking at people online making comments about the show:

"Do you think I don't know this? I wrote an episode!"

"If you bothered to read the article, you would SEE the new cast!"

etc, but even she must've realised how nasty she was being because she's sadly deleted her outbursts and I can't post them here.

But onto more fun topics: what do we think an episode of Queer as Folk as written by Ms Gay will involve? Shall we have a go at plotting it ourselves and see how close we get to the truth?

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2022 7:34 AM

They will all have bad eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 9:58 AM

Any women in the show will be traumatised by men wearing shorts in cold weather

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 10:12 AM

Everyone will be EXHAUSTED.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 10:33 AM

R3 They should all go for a walk.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 10:41 AM

Classic Roxane dialogue, R4:

Guy #1: Hey, why don't we go for a walk?

Guy #2: Fix your eyebrows!

Cue Roxane sitting back, chuckling to herself after writing such a zinger!

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 10:55 AM

There will be a buffet of Ding Dongs and Devil Dogs.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 10:58 AM

Copious mentions of "Queen Beyoncé".

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 12:07 PM

Who is she? If she were so honest she’d talk about only being gay because she can’t get a man.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 12:19 PM

Someone will say, exasperated: "I KNOW that! Do you think I didn't know that?"

Fatphobia will be a plot point.

And so much exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2021 11:46 AM

Lots of dialogue spoken with sighs and full of tiredness.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2021 9:26 PM

Someone will give a speech where they DO THE WORK of unpacking their generational trauma and then have to take a 72-hr nap to recover from their exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2021 9:35 PM

There's going to be some clapping and some clapping back.

And lots of SMH-ing.

There'll be no actual action. For example, unlike in the original where the guys would get together to rally to fight against homophobia, Roxane's characters will sit around, complaining about everything, but doing nothing to help.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2021 9:15 AM

This would be a fun drinking game, take a shot every time a "Roxane-ism" is used, like: "It's not my job to educate you!"

Seriously, if that line turns up, I will piss myself. I wasn't going to watch the reboot, but I may have to watch her episode, at least.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2021 9:33 PM

The gang will all get together to agree not to allow some slightly awkward gay guy hanging around the join the group. When the guy is hurt by their callousness, the group will call it typical "white tears" and then make fun of his kidney donation.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 7:46 PM

I remember that episode. I was under so much stress and duress! The pressure!

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 7:53 PM

So... what [italic]was[/italic] the episode like in the end?

by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2022 11:59 AM

According to Wiki, she actually co-wrote the episode with someone called Azam Mahmood, and it's called "Choke", but I can't find a synopsis anywhere yet.

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2022 8:15 PM

R22 in this thread hate-watched the Gay-penned episode and offered some thoughts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2022 8:24 PM

Thanks, R22!

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2022 8:29 PM

Ooooh, her co-writer is a standup comedian. Now THAT'S a set I want to hear if he talks about collaborating with Roxane!

by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2022 8:41 PM

Haha, R20, there's a lot of potential humour there, I agree! Having to sit that close to all her exhaustion, day after day!

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote]Today the new Queer as Folk is streaming on Peacock. I worked alongside wonderful writers like Brontez Purnell, Azam Mahmoud, Punkie Johnson, Ryan O’Connell, Des Moran and show runners Jaclyn Moore and Stephen Dunn. I hope you check out the first season. It’s queer as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote] Punkie Johnson

STOP IT.

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2022 9:37 AM

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"OK."

"Want to come?"

"No. I don't have to go to the bathroom."

"Neither do I." [pause] "I want to suck your dick in the bathroom."

"Excuse me? We need to have a conversation about consent."

"Do you consent?"

"Why did you just assume I consent to oral sex in the bathroom? Because I present as male? I am a complex being physiologically and sexually. I am neither male nor female."

"You don't have a dick?!"

"I was born with a penis, but that does not define me as a man. Gender is nothing but a construct. I have constructed my own identity as we all do. What you see when you look at me is not who I am. I contain multitudes. I am neither male nor female, neither white nor black. Neither gay nor straight."

"How would you define yourself, then?"

"Offended."

"By what? What did I say?!"

"That's how I define myself: offended. It's the basis of my identity. If you prick me, I do not bleed. But I sure as fuck am offended."

"Being perpetually offended isn't very sexy."

"That's offensive. We need to break down your paradigms so that you can learn to find the sex appeal in consenting genderfluid desexed individuals of colorless color who will be offended by everything you say and do. Only then will you be free, free of society's criticisms of you for being...you."

by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2022 10:17 AM

Roxane is such a snake. She's deleted that tweet at R22, it's like she's now trying to pretend she had nothing to do with the show at all, but she not only wrote one episode, she was involved across the board with every episode from 3 onwards, by her own admission.

Say what you want (and I certainly have!) but that Jaclyn Moore was at least gracious enough to thank the people who worked on the show and express disappointment after it was cancelled.

Roxane's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2022 6:31 AM

I doubt Roxane will get much more work writing shos after the disaster of this reboot.

We keep finding out again and again: if you hire people to write shows just because they're woke and well known in identity politics circles, you'll just get shrill shows no one will want to see, and you'll have problems with temperamental writers. This happened both with this show and "Pose."

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2022 6:56 AM

R25 Only after the bomb exploded. She's a cunt for wroting this trash, either way.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2022 7:05 AM

This thread is hilarious.

I knew she was nasty, but I didn't know HOW nasty she really is.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2022 7:56 AM

Oh yeah, R28, just when you think she's bad she does something worse. But at least she provides amusement for us here.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2022 7:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!