1. Here's what I still ponder...OK. These planes that took off from Logan in Boston, were both scheduled for the west coast. They had a full load of fuel.
2. Everyone knows, the WTC Towers were targets. They were hit while Clinton or Bush 41 was POTUS. Parking garage, right?
3. And when you get a memo in the PDB in August that Bin Laden is determined to strike inside the USA, you know an attack is coming soon. The chatter is off the charts. So you should be watchful, and alert, right? I mean you have people who do that. It's their job to be watchful and alert. And that includes being especially careful to keep an eye on prime, soft targets that were already hit once, like the subways and the WTC.
4. Now in a city like NYC, It's always busy. But if an attack is coming in NYC, it's going to come at a time to do maximum damage. So a time when commuters and offices are most crowded. And Wall Street is symbolic. It is the financial center. The WTC is a modern highly visible, vulnerable target.
5. From the moment the planes out of Logan went off course, heading for NYC, Air traffic control kept trying to contact them and no response. They they finally get some audio, "We have planes." Then the flight attendants confirm it's a high jacking and they perps have knives and a bomb. They now know they have a hijacked plane, three is more than one, and it is heading into NYC.
6. Apparently, our missile defense system, and our fighter jets were unarmed, and unavailable....in spite of the fact there was a practice military operation, a drill going on right at that moment on the East Coast.
7. Late we find out the hijackers went to flight schools to lean how to fly planes, and didn't care to learn about landing them.
Yes hindsight is 20/20, but I was really shocked at how completely unprepared we were and how the early planning, the flight lessons, etc. got past our Intelligence guys.