Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How did your mom handle you being gay?

How did she react when she found out?

by Anonymousreply 7September 10, 2021 9:23 AM

Is this the sister thread?

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2021 5:39 PM

Yes, R1 here’s the Dad Thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2021 5:41 PM

Cried a little bit and spent the next year or two thinking I was bi instead of plain old gay. Don't know why that made her feel any better, but it seemed to. It's not a big deal now and hardly ever comes up. I do think it made her more liberal, though. Always a plus.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2021 6:37 PM

R3 my mom still clings to once that I stated maybe I was bi. Like “there’s a chance!!”

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2021 6:48 PM

R4, where do they get this shit from? It's not happening, Mom.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2021 6:50 PM

I hinted at it, and my mother showed a more violent reaction to the possibility than my father.

Because of my mother's initial reaction, I never gave "official confirmation." She died 20 years ago at 55. My father is 75. He'll go to his grave without it. That's the way he wants it. Otherwise, he would have raised the subject at least once.

I'm fine with skipping the drama. I don't need the emotional scars other people got from their revelation. I have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2021 9:10 AM

Here's the real sister thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 10, 2021 9:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!