Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 29

Part 28 has been pay-walled. Can someone with privileges please post a link there.

The prevailing theme was life following the end of daily TRMS.

by Anonymousreply 378September 14, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote] Brian needs to replace Chuck Todd. Hasn't Brian paid for his sins? Fire Todd.

Long ago. And he clearly still wants the helm.

by Anonymousreply 1August 25, 2021 7:26 AM

Rashida will make him beg.

by Anonymousreply 2August 25, 2021 7:33 AM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 25, 2021 7:55 AM

This

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 25, 2021 9:12 AM

If that rumor is true, MSNBC will be in trouble. She is by far their biggest audience getter. No one comes close. None of the other hosts will be able to fill that void. Once a week simply isn't enough Rachel. Why not 3 days?

by Anonymousreply 5August 25, 2021 9:24 AM

I don’t quite understand this channel and CNN, who has the time to sit around 24 hours a day and watch a news channel? And the news readers seem to become more about their personal lives and personalities then nonobjective third party presenters of the news.

by Anonymousreply 6August 25, 2021 9:28 AM

But we love Phil’s kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 7August 25, 2021 1:01 PM

Part 28 hasn't been paywalled -- I just posted a reply there and I'm not a paying member.

by Anonymousreply 8August 25, 2021 1:02 PM

Yes, Part 28 is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 9August 25, 2021 1:43 PM

?

by Anonymousreply 10August 25, 2021 2:17 PM

No it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 11August 25, 2021 3:48 PM

I was expecting Rachel to take every fridays off for her new contract. Damn, if she's really only on once per week my withdrawal will be brutal :(

by Anonymousreply 12August 25, 2021 4:12 PM

If the once a week is Meet The Press Sunday, then they can give the MTP Daily to ZERLINA!

by Anonymousreply 13August 25, 2021 4:14 PM

I wonder if Rachel has depression or something going on. Sometimes she looks so emotional when covering stories of repubs being horrible lying assholes

by Anonymousreply 14August 25, 2021 5:49 PM

I think her wife being so ill and the emotional toll of Afghanistan had turned her into an emotional open wound.

When the zeitgeist is grief, some people emotionally resonate.

by Anonymousreply 15August 25, 2021 7:07 PM

Now Part 28 is paywalled (though it wasn't before, at least not for me).

by Anonymousreply 16August 25, 2021 7:55 PM

What is Rachel’s link to Afghanistan?

by Anonymousreply 17August 25, 2021 7:59 PM

I don't know but I just have a feeling if Rachel goes weekly, Nicolle is getting that 9pm time slot.

by Anonymousreply 18August 25, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote]then they can give the MTP Daily to ZERLINA!

No, no, a thousand times, NO! That elitist bitch has absolutely destroyed the progressive SiriusXM channel. She has no business running a radio channel. Keep her on Peacock, which I only use for streaming non-political shows.

by Anonymousreply 19August 25, 2021 8:31 PM

Nick Corasaniti with the NYT is hot.

by Anonymousreply 20August 25, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote] Now Part 28 is paywalled (though it wasn't before, at least not for me).

Don't know what device you are using - but in the past I've noticed that if I have not refreshed the DL page, and a comment window is open, I am able to post a comment, even when I otherwise would not be permitted to.

by Anonymousreply 21August 25, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote] Nick Corasaniti with the NYT is hot.

And yet he has such a benign resting face, like he's a seminary dropout.

by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2021 9:47 PM

[quote] Joy's wigs are ridiculous. She should just go "all in" and wear a pageboy wig one day, a giant Dolly Parton wig the next, a rainbow wig from Party City the next, etc. She could start a new tagline: "Get wiggy wit Joy each and every weeknight!"

R521 from Part 28, that's a fine idea! Maybe something along the lines of Beach Blanket Babylon headgear for Friday nights?

Add a cake baking show by Claire McCaskill plus an interior decorating show by Phil Rucker, and MSNBC could be a lot more fun than it is now.

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2021 9:54 PM

Sometimes, when you think a commentator is hot, seeing pics of their entire body can be disappointing. You want to think that they're hot from the neck down, too, but that's not always the case.

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2021 10:50 PM

r24, exactly what happened to me with Claire McCaskill...

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2021 10:56 PM

Medhi Hasan anyone?

I think he does a great job when he fills in for Chris Hayes. I even started watching his now Sunday evening show.

by Anonymousreply 26August 26, 2021 5:35 AM

Any Jon Meacham fans? Quintessential 'silver daddy.' Whip-smart and one of the best wordsmiths on television. I wish he had his own history-related show on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 27August 26, 2021 5:56 AM

LOVE Jon Meacham. Pair him up with Michael Bechloss for a weekend show.

by Anonymousreply 28August 26, 2021 6:16 AM

Add me to the list r27, r28.

by Anonymousreply 29August 26, 2021 6:21 AM

That sounds excellent, R29, et al. But they have to do something else besides just talk about their subject -- a visual element like Claire with cakes, Phil with decorating, and Joy with wigs. Maybe they could each hold a pet on their laps, one dog and one cat?

by Anonymousreply 30August 26, 2021 6:40 AM

Meacham seems OK but isn't he a Bush family lover? that is a massive turnoff

by Anonymousreply 31August 26, 2021 6:59 AM

[quote] Any Jon Meacham fans?

He likes to quote the bible, among other things. At 12 he wrote to candidate Ronnie Reagan and got invited to the inauguration. He's the adopted Bush family chosen biographer & eulogizer. I always regarded him as a righteous conservative bore.

Like a few other sane Republicans, the Trump years seem to have revived and redeemed him. I'm giving him a chance, but still not a fan. After seeing him on stage, I was surprised by how short he is.

by Anonymousreply 32August 26, 2021 7:18 AM

Ali Velshi for Rach’s spot!

by Anonymousreply 33August 26, 2021 7:46 AM

[quote] I did love that format when MSNBC did it with their show The Cycle, they had Krystal Ball, Ari Melber, Touré, and Abby Huntsman. It was where Steve Kornacki got his start. (Part 28)

The Cycle was the show that got me started watching MSNBC. Amazingly it was Toure who put that show together and hired the panel members. I agree it would be great to get another discussion format show - break up the line of hosted sameness. But all new people please. No repurposed Peacock 2nd stringers.

by Anonymousreply 34August 26, 2021 8:21 AM

Ari was once the up and comer and has definitely been sidelined. He used to do the election/debate nights with Chris Hayes & now they are not even invited.

by Anonymousreply 35August 26, 2021 11:41 AM

Rachel Maddow Nets $30 Million Annually in New MSNBC Deal (Report)

That is one hell of a lot of money for weekend work and some specials, I am not sure both situations can be true, only weekend and specials and $30 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 26, 2021 12:18 PM

R32, he's still a good historian. If he's a religious Republican, I probably wouldn't want to date the guy, but listening to him discuss the subject he's an expert on has always been worth my time and attention.

by Anonymousreply 37August 26, 2021 1:40 PM

I'd blow him and stick around for the convo.

by Anonymousreply 38August 26, 2021 2:09 PM

Morning Joe war hawks having a field day this morning.

by Anonymousreply 39August 26, 2021 2:45 PM

Andrea enjoying Repugs Adam Kinsinger and HR McMasters going on and on as to why we should stay in Afghanistan indefinitely. I think she would have been squirming in her seat with excitement if she wasn't so old.

by Anonymousreply 40August 26, 2021 4:52 PM

Thanks, R21 -- I didn't know that. I use a laptop and it's never happened to me before -- weird tech stuff!

by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote] ‘Morning Joe’ Viewers Furious About Sen. Ben Sasse Appearance: ‘The Hypocrisy Is Mind-Blowing’ (Video)

Sen. Ben Sasse took part in a lengthy interview on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday, but it didn’t sit well with viewers.

“Ben Sasse on Morning Joe,” complained one about the Nebraska Republican’s appearance on a show that has consistently taken swipes at top Republican elected officials. “I just can’t with this s—. The hypocrisy is mind blowing.”

The criticism of Sasse’s appearance came not from the political elite and blue checks of Twitter, but from average MSNBC viewers, who shot off tweets saying that if they wanted to see Republicans criticizing the Democratic administration of President Joe Biden, they’d turn on Fox News.

Sasse was widely criticized for what viewers of the left-leaning channel saw as his silence on other major political issues over the past few months, including the deadly Capitol riot of Jan. 6. Relatively small accounts saw massive engagement as politically-minded social media users retweeted and liked their critiques of the appearance.

Sasse spoke to host Joe Scarborough at length about the ongoing crisis in Afghanistan, saying he wants to see evacuation efforts for Americans extend past the deadline “until every American is out.”

“There is no excuse for leaving Americans behind. The president seems to be content with a plan that is going to end up in some sort of a hostage situation,” he said. “It’s completely indefensible. We need to finish the job. Obviously, I’m against the withdrawal decision, but that’s not what we’re talking about right now; we’re talking about the fact that this evacuation has been so ham-handedly planned and the administration continues to just go out and try to take these weird victory laps every 36 hours like things are working well. Things are not working well.”

But many commenters took Sasse to task for his comments — and also for even appearing on the show.

Sen. Ben Sasse spreads some major misinformation on #MorningJoe Sasse talked about leaving no American behind, but according to the White House 4,500 of the 6,000 Americans in the country are already out, and they talkin to another 500.

— Sarah Reese Jones (@PoliticusSarah) August 26, 2021

[quote] Having Ben Sasse on Morning Joe to regurgitate debunked lies and spew bullshit is not how I wanted to start my morning.

— Timbo Resists (@TimFaulkner81) August 26, 2021

[quote] Hey Joe/Willie – are you going to ask where Ben Sasse was when Trump and Pompeo were finalizing a deal to leave Afghanistan by May 1?

[quote] By my calendar May 1 is earlier than September 1.

[quote] But what do I know?#morningjoe

— MemphisDB (@BarryJa41633306) August 26, 2021

[quote] So @JoeNBC has #BeSasse on. If Sasse was so star spangled awesome why will he vote against voting rights? Why did he vote against the 1/6 commission? Ben Sasse needs to go take a seat at the kids table with Joe. We need serious people

[quote] — Patrizio Beagle Dad 🚫 FBR Lists! ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️ (@p_hounds) August 26, 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] There is no excuse for leaving Americans behind.

Ben Sasse should tell that to the 12 dead Marine's families that were killed today. Most Republicans are so militaristic it is sickening.

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2021 8:57 PM

Alicia Menendez was hosting the first hour of Deadline White House, at around 4:50 Brian Williams came in to take over because of the breaking news and President Biden's up coming appearance and Alicia seemed really pissed to have to had it over to him.

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2021 9:04 PM

Alicia Menendez isn't ready for primetime.

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2021 10:20 PM

Rachel should just throw tonight's show in the trash right now.

by Anonymousreply 46August 26, 2021 10:21 PM

On last night's show she said she did that.

by Anonymousreply 47August 26, 2021 10:23 PM

R46 She's going to rip her wig off.

by Anonymousreply 48August 26, 2021 10:25 PM

Rach throw that shit script in the trash now!

Ad lib it tonight!

by Anonymousreply 49August 26, 2021 10:42 PM

NPR had Sasse on this morning too, and he spewed that same bullshit. The interviewer didn’t challenge him and they didn’t bother to have someone with an opposing view. Then they had some angry veteran who blamed Afghanistan all on Biden for pulling thousands of troops out. Again, no correction or explanation.

by Anonymousreply 50August 26, 2021 11:00 PM

What’s on Joy’s head?

by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2021 11:00 PM

That pile of ropes on Joy's head actually looks better than some of her recent travesties.

by Anonymousreply 52August 26, 2021 11:11 PM

Joy hides her homophibic cue cards in that pile of doo.

by Anonymousreply 53August 26, 2021 11:18 PM

Claire wearing black tonight, with the plain black-framed glasses.

by Anonymousreply 54August 26, 2021 11:28 PM

I don't "Oh Dear" people on DL but I just "Oh Deared" Lawrence O'Donnell for saying President Ford "speeded it up" talking about the withdraw from Vietnam. He then said it a second time.

by Anonymousreply 55August 27, 2021 2:06 AM

Would so love to have Jonathan Lemire's unkempt, ginger-colored bush in my face.

by Anonymousreply 56August 27, 2021 3:19 AM

R50 I always laugh when I hear people say the mainstream media "has a liberal bias". There are SO MANY times when they have on a right winger and never challenge his/her bullshit because they want to appear "fair" and in doing so, legitimize the bullshit coming out of the right winger's dumb mouth

by Anonymousreply 57August 27, 2021 4:48 AM

Rachel had on the cute counterterrorism expert Laith Alkhouri tonight

by Anonymousreply 58August 27, 2021 4:52 AM

Sped and speeded are both standard inflections of the verb to speed, and neither is more correct than the other. The old rule, purveyed in many English reference books, holds that speeded works only in the past-tense phrasal verb speeded up, but this recommendation is dated.

Now who's the Oh Dear, Dear?

by Anonymousreply 59August 27, 2021 4:02 PM

Who was the idiot reporter who asked about the dog, Major, from March?! She handed him his ass.

by Anonymousreply 60August 27, 2021 6:34 PM

Seth Moulton, D-MA is an ass. He was on with Willie (A closet Repug) Geist this morning. Moulton thought he was doing a dramatic reading the way he spoke. The jerk could have caused a major issue with his surprise visit to Kabul. Pelosi needs to kick his ass.

by Anonymousreply 61August 27, 2021 8:06 PM

[quote] Seth Moulton, D-MA is an ass.

Years ago I used to think he was kind of hot. But then he got elected and proceeded to prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 62August 27, 2021 9:36 PM

And then Seth thought he could be Speaker or President.

by Anonymousreply 63August 27, 2021 10:34 PM

chris should be wearing a tie

by Anonymousreply 64August 28, 2021 12:39 AM

what happens if you wake up in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 65August 28, 2021 1:19 AM

That was hilarious, r65

by Anonymousreply 66August 28, 2021 4:19 PM

Chris never wears a tie on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 67August 28, 2021 4:31 PM

Rachel will be better being freed from the requirements of a daily show. She wants to focus more deeply on a few issues, and lord knows she loves her context.

by Anonymousreply 68August 28, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]She wants to focus more deeply on a few issues

She loves her rabbit holes.

by Anonymousreply 69August 28, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote] Rachel will be better being freed from the requirements of a daily show. She wants to focus more deeply on a few issues, and lord knows she loves her context.

Plus she makes WAY more money, and doesn't have to work NEARLY as much as she does now!

by Anonymousreply 70August 28, 2021 7:03 PM

If Rachel goes but her staff stays not much will change except the delivery, when she is gone for a day the show is the same, just someone else delivering the same lines like, watch this space, which tells me that Rachel actually doesn't contribute that much to the writing of the show despite the fact she likes to make it sound like her whole days work was thrown out when there is breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 71August 29, 2021 3:11 PM

Will Rachel be covering the hurricane today, out in all that wind and rain?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

They only send out the "disposable" reporters, who get paid peanuts for salary.

by Anonymousreply 72August 29, 2021 6:31 PM

Sam Brock, Shaquille Brewster and Morgan Chesky are reporting live on Ida. Will the storm rip Morgan’s jacket and shirt off, revealing those pendulous tits?

by Anonymousreply 73August 29, 2021 6:49 PM

Here you go, R73.

He's actually quite furry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 29, 2021 6:54 PM

National Religious Broadcasters spokesperson fired after pro-vaccine remarks on 'Morning Joe'

The spokesperson for the National Religious Broadcasters, an international association of evangelical communicators, was fired Friday following an appearance on MSNBC's “Morning Joe” earlier this month in which he discussed how his faith motivated him to get the Covid-19 vaccine.

Pastor Daniel Darling appeared on the cable news show last Wednesday to talk about his most recent column for USA Today titled "Why as a Christian, and an American, I got the COVID vaccine."

In his conversation with MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, Darling said faith played an important role in his decision to get vaccinated, particularly the idea that "we ought to love our neighbor." By getting the vaccine, people don't only protect themselves, but become less likely to infect others, he said.

Darling also urged leaders to stop politicizing vaccines "because I don’t want to see anyone else die of Covid," he said.

His exit from the National Religious Broadcasters came after the organization determined his comments violated an internal policy of remaining neutral about Covid-19 vaccines. Darling was fired two days after refusing to sign a letter admitting insubordination.

The National Religious Broadcasters did not respond to NBC News' request for comment on Saturday.

According to their website, "NRB works to protect the free speech rights of our members."

In a statement to NBC News, Darling said he is "sad and disappointed that my time at NRB has come to a close. As someone who has been profoundly shaped by Christian media, it was an honor to work on behalf of our members who strive every day to deliver the Gospel around the world."

"I’m grieved that the issues that divide our country are also dividing Christians. My desire is to build bridges and bring Christians together around our common mission of loving Jesus and loving our neighbor, but sadly we are sometimes tempted by the same things that tempt the world," Darling said in the statement, which was shared by a representative.

"While I will not continue my work at NRB, I will continue to try to unify believers around the truth of the Gospel," Darling, who also hosts "The Way Home" podcast, said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 29, 2021 7:19 PM

Imagining Sam, Shaquille and Morgan in a threesome ...

by Anonymousreply 76August 29, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote]They only send out the "disposable" reporters

Rachel's a commentator, not a reporter.

by Anonymousreply 77August 29, 2021 7:34 PM

R76 - care to imagine that as a foursome?

by Anonymousreply 78August 29, 2021 7:36 PM

What about a fivesome?

by Anonymousreply 79August 29, 2021 8:02 PM

add in Garrett Haake and you have yourself an orgy.

by Anonymousreply 80August 29, 2021 8:10 PM

Ali V, Hurricane edition.

by Anonymousreply 81August 29, 2021 8:15 PM

Looks like Ali Velshi might blow away.

by Anonymousreply 82August 29, 2021 11:09 PM

Poor Ali. MSNBC makes him serve as a fill-in anchor for various hosts at all hours of the day, then sends him off to get tossed around by a hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 83August 30, 2021 12:53 AM

Or shot at by White Racist cops.

by Anonymousreply 84August 30, 2021 12:59 AM

I think Ali must like doing it all-from the desk and on-site. Some of these people get a thrill being in the middle of the action

by Anonymousreply 85August 30, 2021 1:01 AM

Is this the Sam Brock who works for MSNBC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 30, 2021 1:08 AM

No R86 this is NBC's Sam Brock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 30, 2021 1:13 AM

R80 - add Jacob Soboroff and it's an evening of debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 88August 30, 2021 11:27 AM

Matt Bradley was reporting this morning from Germany and he was wearing a winter coat, at first I was thinking it must be a cool morning there, then I realized it must be somewhere around noon there, is it that cold in Ramstein Air Base Germany?

by Anonymousreply 89August 30, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote] is it that cold in Ramstein Air Base Germany?

Monday High 67 Low 51

Tuesday High 68 Low 48

That's definitely coat weather.

by Anonymousreply 90August 30, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote] NBC Correspondent Shaquille Brewster Accosted On Air During Live Shot Of Hurricane Ida Aftermath

Shaquille Brewster, an NBC News and MSNBC correspondent, was doing a live shot on the Hurricane Ida aftermath in Gulfport, MS, when a man jumped out of a white pickup truck and ran toward him and began shouting something at him.

Brewster tried to reorient the crew away from the intrusion, telling host Craig Melvin, “I am going to turn this way, because we deal with some people every once in while.” He then went on with his live shot, but then said he would throw it back to Melvin as the man continued shouting. The man then got back into the frame and confronted Brewster face to face.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey,” Melvin responded, telling viewers, ‘We’re going to check back in with Shaq Brewster just to make sure all is well. There’s a lot of crazy out there. A lot of crazy.”

Melvin went on to another segment but later said that Brewster was OK.

“Appreciate the concern guys. The team and I are all good!” Brewster later wrote on Twitter.

Melvin later wrote, “This is beyond unacceptable and disgusting. @shaqbrewster was trying to do his job on a beach in Gulfport, MS. Shaq is ok. This guy who nearly attacked him clearly is not.”

He told viewers, “I do want to note here for a moment, you probably saw or heard a few moments ago a correspondent was disrupted by some whacky guy in his live shot there in Mississippi. Pleased to report that Shaquille Brewster is doing just fine. Shaq is okay.”

MSNBC President Rashida Jones said in a statement, “Shaq Brewster is an exceptional journalist. Like the consummate professional, he did not let someone intimidate him from doing his job. We’re glad he and the team are safe, and we couldn’t be more proud and supportive of their work.”

Dan Shelley, executive director of the Radio Television Digital News Association, wrote, Among the dangers facing journalists today — angry members of the public who either don’t like, or don’t understand, the news media’s role in society. We @RTDNA are grateful @shaqbrewster is OK.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 30, 2021 8:16 PM

Jon Meacham is short?? I find that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 92August 30, 2021 11:11 PM

And THICK...

by Anonymousreply 93August 30, 2021 11:17 PM

This old warmongering cunt Andrea Mitchell is literally in tears and outraged that we've left Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 94August 31, 2021 1:51 AM

Rachel called Andrea "my friend" but one wonders what she really thinks of her.

by Anonymousreply 95August 31, 2021 2:28 AM

I have no doubt MSNBC is courting Brian Williams for the 9 pm slot. He will bring in even more viewers than Rachel. There are some MSNBC viewers who really can't take her 5 nights a week (I'm one) but Brian will be the perfect solution.

by Anonymousreply 96August 31, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote] Jon Meacham is short?? I find that hard to believe.

all relative. But when it comes to raunchy and salacious backroom historian dish, he's no Doris Kearns Goodwin.

by Anonymousreply 97August 31, 2021 8:40 AM

"I have no doubt MSNBC is courting Brian Williams for the 9 pm slot." WRONG

"He will bring in even more viewers than Rachel." WRONG

"There are some MSNBC viewers who really can't take her 5 nights a week (I'm one) but Brian will be the perfect solution." WRONG--Rachel is the highest rated star on the network, 5 nights a week

by Anonymousreply 98August 31, 2021 12:11 PM

I remember when Phil Donahue had Rachel's time slot. That seems like a hundred years ago.

They need to hire someone outside the network with lots of charisma to replace her. They probably want to replace her with another woman. Rosie is too angry and emotional nowadays to do it.

by Anonymousreply 99August 31, 2021 4:03 PM

Jacob Soboroff was doing Way Too Early this morning and since he is based in California that is extremely early or way too late for him.

by Anonymousreply 100August 31, 2021 5:18 PM

Rosie moved back to LA.

by Anonymousreply 101August 31, 2021 7:25 PM

As big as Rachel's ratings are, Brian Williams' will be even bigger at 9 PM.

by Anonymousreply 102August 31, 2021 7:45 PM

Ratings will tank without Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 103August 31, 2021 7:48 PM

Handbags at dawn!

by Anonymousreply 104August 31, 2021 7:50 PM

If Brian Williams replaces Rachel many of people who tune in will be a different group from the people who tune into see Rachel, some regular viewers of Rachel won't watch Brian but I think Brian will bring in a different group of viewers. It will be a very different show if it is like Brian's 11 PM show, Brian doesn't give much of his opinion other than a few snarky comments and let his guests do most of the talking.

Jake Sullivan was just on Deadline White House, he is far and a way the best looking National Security Advisor ever.

In four years Trump went through 6 different National Security Advisors, that has to affect our national security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 31, 2021 8:29 PM

r104, wigs on the green, wigs on the green!

by Anonymousreply 106August 31, 2021 8:34 PM

This is what I would do.

4:00 - A new Round Table Discussion Show

5:00 - Nicole

7:00 - Brian

8:00 - Chris

9:00 - Lawrence

10:00 - Joy

11:00 = Ari

by Anonymousreply 107August 31, 2021 8:44 PM

Nicole is made up like a wicked city woman on Deadline: WH. Or maybe she is going to be a guest judge on RuPaul's drag race. Either way her lip liner is crooked and very distracting - still the topic and guests are worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 108August 31, 2021 8:48 PM

Nicolle has too much make-up on today. I'm wondering if it's because Garrett Haake was anchoring the program before hers. I suspect they are madly in love.

by Anonymousreply 109August 31, 2021 9:10 PM

Maybe because she was in the studio today?

I think I'm changing my mind, why have her in the studio if we aren't doing a roundtable? Dynamic cameras, charts, & in person guests?

I don't watch Morning Joe, but y'all have said they have been restarted their roundtable, right?

by Anonymousreply 110August 31, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote] Suspect Identified In On-Air MSNBC Assault, Arrest Warrants Issued By Mississippi Police

A man who might have violated his probation in Ohio by traveling to Mississippi is being sought by police in the storm-hit state as a suspect in yesterday’s on-air assault of MSNBC correspondent Shaquille Brewster.

The Gulfport Police Department in Mississippi has identified the suspect as Benjamin Eugene Dagley of Wooster, Ohio, and today issued arrest warrants charging him with two counts of Simple Assault, one count of Disturbance of the Peace, and one count of Violation of Emergency Curfew.

According to the department, the suspect was traveling in a Ford truck on Highway 90 during a city-wide curfew caused by Hurricane Ida. After public assistance in identifying the man, police reviewed Dagley’s criminal history and contacted Ohio’s Cuyahoga County Adult Probation Department regarding a potential violation of probation. One of the conditions of Dagley’s probation is a travel restriction.

Gulfport police believe that Dagley is no longer on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and is traveling in a white 2016 Ford F150 bearing Ohio License Plate number PJR1745. The police ask anyone knowing of his whereabouts or spotting the truck contact their local law enforcement agency.

Brewster, an NBC News and MSNBC correspondent, was doing a live shot in the hurricane’s aftermath yesterday when a man jumped out of a white pickup truck and ran toward him, shouting and seeming to rush up against the reporter.

Watch footage of the incident below.

The live shot quickly cut to MSNBC host Craig Melvin, who appeared startled as he said, “Hey, hey, hey, hey. We’re going to check back in with Shaq Brewster just to make sure all is well. There’s a lot of crazy out there. A lot of crazy.”

Brewster later tweeted, “Appreciate the concern guys. The team and I are all good!,” though Melvin later wrote, “This is beyond unacceptable and disgusting. @shaqbrewster was trying to do his job on a beach in Gulfport, MS. Shaq is ok. This guy who nearly attacked him clearly is not.”

MSNBC President Rashida Jones later said in a statement, “Shaq Brewster is an exceptional journalist. Like the consummate professional, he did not let someone intimidate him from doing his job. We’re glad he and the team are safe, and we couldn’t be more proud and supportive of their work.”

The on-air incident apparently isn’t the first time the suspect has been caught misbehaving on camera: A 2017 Cleveland Plain Dealer report indicated that Dagley faced criminal charges after being caught on tape breaking into an electroplating company he previously owned and drilling holes in various chemical tanks. A security guard at the Cleveland Plating company required medical attention after being exposed to the hazardous chemicals from the tanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 31, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote] After public assistance in identifying the man, police reviewed Dagley’s criminal history and contacted Ohio’s Cuyahoga County Adult Probation Department regarding a potential violation of probation. One of the conditions of Dagley’s probation is a travel restriction. Gulfport police believe that Dagley is no longer on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and is traveling in a white 2016 Ford F150 bearing Ohio License Plate number PJR1745.

Also bearing several Trump bumper stickers.

by Anonymousreply 112August 31, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote] CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A Wooster man faces criminal charges after he broke into an electroplating company he once owned and drilled holes in tanks of dangerous chemicals, Cleveland police investigators said. The incident sent one employee to the hospital for exposure to toxic chemicals, and risked a potential environmental disaster, according to a Cleveland police report.

[quote] Benjamin Dagley, 50, is charged with breaking and entering in the Aug. 22 [2018] incident at Cleveland Plating on East 134th Street in the South Collinwood neighborhood. Surveillance footage later revealed Dagley drilled into tanks of sodium cyanide, hydrochloric acid, yellow chromate, ferrous chloride, and sulfuric acid, according to a current owner, Ed Cochran.

[quote] "If you mix the (cyanide and hydrochloric acid), you basically have the cyanide gas of World War I," Cochran said. "It certainly would produce a toxic vapor that could kill." Employees told police that the released chemicals "are severe enough to cause a large scale catastrophe, and Dagley knew what he was doing," the report says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 31, 2021 11:53 PM

How in the hell did this freak ever hone in on Shaquille Brewster?

Talk about a random fucking attack!

by Anonymousreply 114August 31, 2021 11:56 PM

According to Joy - Kevin McCarthy is - The Wormy-est! So, does that make him a Slug? Yeah, I know 'Wormy-est' is not a real word but Joy calls them as she see's them!

by Anonymousreply 115September 1, 2021 12:03 AM

He has to rank among the dumbest criminals EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 116September 1, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote] Rachel's a commentator, not a reporter.

Yes, she certainly is.

"Elections have consequences, even if impeachments don't." R. Maddow 8/31/21

by Anonymousreply 117September 1, 2021 6:48 AM

As much as I love watching his gorgeous face, having Soboroff do Way Too Early isn't sustainable either....

Almost how ABC be having those folks do Nightline overnight, just terrible hours....

by Anonymousreply 118September 1, 2021 9:20 AM

Way Too Early is on so damn early I doubt it matters who is the host, there just aren't going to be that many people watching. MSBNC just needs someone to fill the hour until Morning Joe.

It is MSNBC's lowest rated program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 1, 2021 4:57 PM

They need to have fun with Way Too Early like ABC had with ABC World News Now when Anderson was on. Film it from someone's BED with a coffee maker next to it. Write the equivalent of the Way Too Early polka and have someone with an accordion waltz around the room/. ANNOUNCE they are ripping off ABC!

Make it something to tune into!

by Anonymousreply 120September 1, 2021 7:19 PM

Way Too Early was awesome when Willie Geist was hosting.

It was a really fun show, and he used to do silly stories, some sports stories, and had Louis Burgdorf on a lot. Together, they were hilarious.

WTE was a light-hearted opening for Morning Joe. Kind of like a "warm up" act.

(PS, what ever happened to Dan Kloeffler, the guy who who do the early morning hours of MSNBC? He was cute!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 1, 2021 7:27 PM

I love Dan Kloeffler.

He was such a pleasant sight in the early mornings on MSNBC.

Why did he leave, and where did he go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 1, 2021 8:00 PM

Here's Willie's last day of hosting "Way Too Early."

Sad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 1, 2021 8:06 PM

They should bring back mean bitch Yasmin and dullard Alicia Menendez together and drive away all the viewers.

by Anonymousreply 124September 1, 2021 8:12 PM

They need to hire Debbie Matenopoulos to host Too Early. Her show Home & Family was cancelled on the Hallmark channel and she needs a new job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 1, 2021 8:35 PM

Why has Joy gone back to those unprofessional looking hair don’ts? Come on, Joy. Get it together. Save the funky hair for vacation.

by Anonymousreply 126September 1, 2021 9:29 PM

To put it nicely, Joy is not ready for prime time, R126. You would think a middle-aged professional would project ... well, professionalism.

by Anonymousreply 127September 1, 2021 10:07 PM

Joyce Vance was on Ari Melber's show this evening, and once again, she looked different (in a good way). Every time she's on, she looks a little different than the last time. She's probably had some work done, and also seems to be experimenting with her hair and makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 1, 2021 10:39 PM

Joyce looks great.

by Anonymousreply 129September 1, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote] They need to have fun with Way Too Early like ABC had with ABC World News Now when Anderson was on.

I don't know are you ready to see Jacob Soboroff or Willy Geist in a leather shop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 1, 2021 10:43 PM

David Muir used to do ABC World News Now too.

He was much more playful on air than the stiff board he is now!

by Anonymousreply 131September 1, 2021 10:50 PM

When is Mika leaving to do her Peacock show or has she already left Morning Joe?

by Anonymousreply 132September 1, 2021 11:33 PM

Richard Engel not making any new fans (and losing some old ones):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 2, 2021 3:49 AM

All must be forgiven with Steve Schmidt; he was on Nicolle Wallace's show today. (Sept. 1)

by Anonymousreply 134September 2, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote] Joyce looks great.

Agree. Looks great, is great.

Just a heads up to anyone who's a fan and not listening to the "Sisters In Law" podcast - check it out. Joyce, Barb McQuad, Kim Atkins and Jill W-B break it down on legal topics of the day. Even their product promos are good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 2, 2021 5:33 AM

Give Jacob the show!

Broadcasting from the West Coast might be rough!

by Anonymousreply 136September 2, 2021 9:26 AM

Of all the 'Way Too Early' hosts Jacob Soboroff has been the best. He's very articulate has a vibrant personality and is pleasant to look at. His speciality has been covering the immigrant migration and mistreatment during the prior mis-administration among other things. As he is on the West Coast it is unlikely he would be a permanent host.

by Anonymousreply 137September 2, 2021 9:41 AM

Soboroff is classy and cool, has impeccable sartorial tastes, dressing up or down. He comports himself with a casual ease that's disarming, and addresses his television audience as "you guys". He can also be compelling on topics that are important to him. I get the feeling he can and will do whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 138September 2, 2021 10:05 AM

Why is Joe almost never on his own show? Even when it isn’t a vacation week it seems he usually disappears for the last hour.

by Anonymousreply 139September 2, 2021 2:00 PM

Hallie Jackson is made-up like a $2 whore so Nicolle isn't the only victim of some new makeup person at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 140September 2, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote] Soboroff is classy and cool, has impeccable sartorial tastes, dressing up or down. He comports himself with a casual ease that's disarming, and addresses his television audience as "you guys". He can also be compelling on topics that are important to him. I get the feeling he can and will do whatever he wants.

I'm sorry, but we've reserved the spot for a woman of color.

But thanks for applying!

by Anonymousreply 141September 2, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote]Hallie Jackson is made-up like a $2 whore so Nicolle isn't the only victim of some new makeup person at MSNBC.

Maybe they hired the gal who did Rachel’s Tennessee Prom Queen makeover the night the Mueller report dropped?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 2, 2021 3:40 PM

New York Gov Kathy Hochul was on Deadline White House with Nicolle Wallace and called Nicolle Monica.

by Anonymousreply 143September 2, 2021 8:44 PM

[quote]Why is Joe almost never on his own show? Even when it isn’t a vacation week it seems he usually disappears for the last hour.

I suspect Joe has child custody during the summer months and fatherly duties keep him busy with the offspring.

by Anonymousreply 144September 2, 2021 8:52 PM

The white guy who "accosted" (what exactly did that guy do?) Shaq Brewster on live TV has been arrested.

by Anonymousreply 145September 2, 2021 8:56 PM

The word is "assault" R145. He attempted to strike him in the face.

by Anonymousreply 146September 2, 2021 9:39 PM

R145 The guy also violated his parole on a previous conviction.

by Anonymousreply 147September 2, 2021 10:11 PM

REALLY, R145???

Wow, that's BREAKING NEWS!!!

I guess it wasn't clear enough at R111 and R113.

by Anonymousreply 148September 2, 2021 10:31 PM

EEKS my eyes 👀

Joy’s hair & make-up!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 149September 2, 2021 11:01 PM

R149 - YIKES x 1000 on her hair and lipstick color! It looks like she's wearing a bunch of those door knob covers arranged in a hairdo like pattern. A hard NO on that look!

by Anonymousreply 150September 2, 2021 11:03 PM

Joy Reid.

So unprofessional.

So distracting.

Woman, you are 53 years old!!! Act like it.

by Anonymousreply 151September 2, 2021 11:05 PM

Joy’s brows look vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 152September 2, 2021 11:05 PM

Joy looks great tonight, R151.

by Anonymousreply 153September 2, 2021 11:06 PM

Joy's look is matronly.

by Anonymousreply 154September 2, 2021 11:11 PM

What in the church lady hell is Joy Reid wearing on her head right now?? And those earrings chile.

No. hell no.

by Anonymousreply 155September 2, 2021 11:14 PM

What. A. Mess! The woman is hopeless.

(did you catch the candy pink manicure?)

by Anonymousreply 156September 2, 2021 11:25 PM

Chris Hayes is on FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 157September 3, 2021 12:13 AM

I actually like Joy's matronly, conservative, church-lady look.

by Anonymousreply 158September 3, 2021 12:14 AM

I liked Joy's short wig she used to wear. It was business-like. This makes her look like some hairdresser who doesn't own a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 159September 3, 2021 12:19 AM

This wig had to be one of her worst recent looks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 3, 2021 12:40 AM

"And ... she ... joins ... me ... now...."

by Anonymousreply 161September 3, 2021 12:44 AM

R160 how unsightly

by Anonymousreply 162September 3, 2021 1:13 AM

It appears that Chris is none to happy with the handshake to Rachel these days. He looks like he knows he is being used.

by Anonymousreply 163September 3, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote] It appears that Chris is none to happy with the handshake to Rachel these days. He looks like he knows he is being used.

Plus, she's making like $29,950,000 more than he is, per year.

by Anonymousreply 164September 3, 2021 4:45 AM

R160 That photo, that face, that hair, that crazed smile. She's giving me Joan Van Ark in blackface.

by Anonymousreply 165September 3, 2021 7:23 AM

I don't understand the posters on here trying to create this feud between Chris Hayes and Rachel. To me, they seem legitimately friendly, like they go out for a beer after work sometimes.

On the other hand, Rachel seems cloyingly uncomfortable with Lawrence O'D. Like to her, he's the person she just can't get off the phone with. I always imagine her smirking and quickly fleeing her chair the second their conversation is over. He acts needy, like he's deliberately eating into as much of her time so that he can bring her ratings over to his show.

by Anonymousreply 166September 3, 2021 8:10 AM

R166 - While you're right about Rachel and Lawrence, this past week the Chris/Rachel handoff has been so brief & chilly, it's almost as if one show were live and the other previously recorded.

by Anonymousreply 167September 3, 2021 11:35 AM

Maybe he resents the fact that she's making so much more money than he is -- he's got a bunch of little kids to provide for and she has no dependents.

by Anonymousreply 168September 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Where's Joe Scarborough? He's been absent all week from Morning Joe and that's a pattern. Mika was gone all this week too, but who misses her? I realize hosts/anchors need breaks, vacation time, can get sick, are traveling on assignment, and need to deal with family issues, but the "no-shows" look quite excessive.

by Anonymousreply 169September 3, 2021 12:08 PM

I said this before but I'll say it again. The chilliness between Rachel and Chris can be traced back to the Presidential debates when Rachel chose Joy and Nicolle to join her at the commentators' desk in the pre-shows to the various debates. And yes, it was Rachel's choice who sat there with her. Or, if you want to believe it was the MSNBC producers' choice, let's just say that Rachel didn't support Chris.

And as if it wasn't bad enough getting snubbed, those hours before these Presidential debates were the 8 pm hour, Chris' hour, effectively sending him off into unwanted vacations at a momentous time in history, which was really humiliating. The 3 ladies then would return later in the evening to review the debates and still, there was no presence for Chris. He was really sidelined.

by Anonymousreply 170September 3, 2021 12:56 PM

And if you have been watching Chris, his reporting has been far more aggressive than Rachel's. He has been killing it for weeks. Chris is truly the pissed-off white anti-racist. He is intellectually on point. Brian "hookem horns" is laughable. Ari The Whigger, is laughable, Chuckie the Republican Turd is disgusting, Lawrence balances Nicole as people who actually worked on Capitol Hill. Chris stands out.

by Anonymousreply 171September 3, 2021 1:16 PM

It's Rachel's nightly insincere phrasing of "Thank you, my friend" in Chris' hand off to her that constantly rankles Chris. You can easily read his disgust in his face.

by Anonymousreply 172September 3, 2021 1:20 PM

In the past few years, Rachel wrote two remarkable books, and had an award-winning podcast.

It's like gender reversal.

And Chris is raising three kids.

Oh, those lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 173September 3, 2021 1:33 PM

I've always thought Chris was the smartest one they got - but since when has that been a priority. Anyway, I hope with her cutting back her air-time, he'll have a better chance to stand out and shine.

I agree with your assessments R171 except Lawrence has always struck me as "special". Just little things - like pronouncing Sergei as Sir-Jay. There are other examples I can't remember but he gets little details wrong that he wouldn't if he were - well, as sharp as Chris. I'd put Rachel second, she's slower on the uptake than Chris but puts her back into digging in and gets there eventually - and maybe Nicolle third.

Of the big names, the other men are laughable. Almost makes me miss Chris Matthews - well, no not really. Remember that tale of how he elbowed Phil Donahue off of MSNBC when it was a newborn? I'm still pissed about that. I loved Phil. Though his taste in wives reminds me of Prince Hazbeen.

by Anonymousreply 174September 3, 2021 1:36 PM

Chris interviewed Rachel on his podcast and got chocked up taking about how she's the reason he's doing this job. You're wrong 170. Chris doesn't have a iota of animosity towards Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 175September 3, 2021 1:42 PM

[quote]Maybe he resents the fact that she's making so much more money than he is -- he's got a bunch of little kids to provide for and she has no dependents.

GOOD!

It's about time a man with children is passed over in favor of a woman. I cannot tell you how many times over the years a co-worker has come to me after their salary negotiations and said Management told them their male co-workers received large pay raises or that big promotion "because, after all, he has CHILDREN to take care of."

Had it happen to me, too (I'm childless, so fuck me, I guess).

by Anonymousreply 176September 3, 2021 2:13 PM

[quote] And yes, it was Rachel's choice who sat there with her.

I'm sure it was the network's choice, not Rachel's, to pair her with Nicolle and Joy for the presidential debates. If it had been Rachel's choice, she would have wanted Chris as one of her co-anchors. But Joy will always be one of the anchors for any of these special events (even though Chris and Lawrence have far more knowledge and experience) because MSNBC doesn't want to be criticized for having an all-white anchor team. Choosing Nicolle over Chris definitely was a slap in the face to Chris, but Nicolle seems to be the "hot rising star." The network gives her two hours a day while all the other hosts (excluding Morning Joe) get one.

by Anonymousreply 177September 3, 2021 4:08 PM

You don't think Rachel had the clout to bring in Chris instead of Nicolle for the Presidential debates, r177?

by Anonymousreply 178September 3, 2021 4:33 PM

MSNBC's evening hosts: Melber (Privileged White Guy), Reid (black woman), Hayes (Privileged White Guy), Maddow (white lesbian), O'Donnell (Privileged White Guy), Williams (Privileged White Guy). I'm wondering if all those Privileged White Guys are in danger. During the 2019 Democratic primary, MSNBC harassed Beto O'Rourke every 5 minutes: how dare he as a Privileged White Guy run for President? They singled him out for attacks as apparently Biden, Bernie, Buttigieg, etc. are not Privileged White Guys.

Cannot stand Melber but he's a lawyer which is useful for them and he always packs his shows inexplicably with black rappers to get their opinion on something or other, but no doubt to try to make himself look like a Cool Privileged White Man. I'm thinking Hayes' job may be threatened. They need to add another black woman to the lineup. God, I hope it isn't Tiffany Cross of the screechy voice.

by Anonymousreply 179September 3, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] You don't think Rachel had the clout to bring in Chris instead of Nicolle for the Presidential debates, [R177]?

I don't think it was Rachel's decision to make. Rachel may be the star, and she is in charge of her own show, but she doesn't run the whole network. If she did, she would never ask to be paired with Brian Williams for special events because the two of them together are always very awkward. If Rachel were truly free to do whatever she wanted, she never would have gushed about how wonderful it was back when MSNBC hired Greta Van Susteren. Surely, Rachel knew that Greta had no place on MSNBC. Hell, if Rachel ran the network, she'd probably fire Joe Scarborough. Rachel is powerful, but she's not THAT powerful.

by Anonymousreply 180September 3, 2021 5:36 PM

I think you guys read way too much into this stuff. I think MSNBC made a decision that it would look good to have an all female debate coverage team. You got a lesbian, you got a black woman, you got a kinda/sorta republican. If I was running MSNBC, I would definitely gone with that. I would also be fired and sued immediately, because there is no way I would allow Joy to go on the air with that hair and makeup. Joy is an admitted policy geek, someone has clearly convinced her that she needs to have going to the club hair instead of news lady hair.

by Anonymousreply 181September 3, 2021 5:45 PM

Chris is looking very buff and strong. He's going to need a bigger suit jacket soon.

by Anonymousreply 182September 3, 2021 5:55 PM

Fox interviews Miss Lindsey daily. When is MSNBC going to bid on Miss Lindsey?

by Anonymousreply 183September 3, 2021 6:02 PM

Hayes' bernie-broing lost him a lot of support. Having Michael Moore on constantly? Give me a break. Unlike most of the other anchors, he has no qualifications. He got his job through his rich family's connections.

Nicolle Wallace has the advantage none of the others have: she worked on political campaigns, she worked in the White House and understands how the GOP works and how it turned to authoritarianism and overt fascism. She has no patience with Democrats trying to play nice with the GOP. The GOP never plays nice. She's also a very good interviewer unlike Maddow who just asks every (friendly) guest if she didn't misrepresent them in her interminable and repetitive introductions.

And Joy Reid -who was very good on weekends- either attacks whitey or screams at people. She's become so strident, she's unwatchable. She's turned into MSNBC's Judge Jeanine.

by Anonymousreply 184September 3, 2021 6:11 PM

Maybe if Chris Hayes showed up with his hair in braids or cornrows (or started dropping rap references), MSNBC would treat him with more respect.

by Anonymousreply 185September 3, 2021 6:21 PM

I think what first brought Joy to everyone's attention, when she had her original weekend show, was her way of shutting out a stupid (usually Republican) guest and not allowing them to lie in her presence. She would unceremoniously cut them off and call them on their BS. She was not gracious like some other anchors and most of us appreciated her for that.

She does that far less frequently now, if at all, because most stupid guests (principally Republicans) have learned not to appear on her show.

by Anonymousreply 186September 3, 2021 6:25 PM

Isn't Lawrence O'Donnell getting the boot?

They'll have to hire some Latino or Latina (Latinx doesn't exist). That Menendez fashion-modelly babe who's the daughter of the Dems' most corrupt Senator, a fucking Cuban, and some ultra-white woman, doesn't qualify.

by Anonymousreply 187September 3, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] You got a lesbian, you got a black woman, you got a kinda/sorta republican. If I was running MSNBC, I would definitely gone with that

Oh yeah, that's not biased or discriminatory at all.

If I were a male anchor with seniority on MSNBC, I would fucking sue them.

Can you imagine if it were an all-male panel? Women would be screaming their fucking heads off.

I don't see why there has to be such imbalance all the time.

Seriously, one of the male on-air personalities (Chris Hayes, in particular) should sue for discrimination.

He has more seniority than both Joy AND Nicolle.

by Anonymousreply 188September 3, 2021 6:27 PM

[quote]Can you imagine if it were an all-male panel?

Yes, I can. I'm not sure how old you are, R188, but I'm 50 and I remember when these types of panels were all white guys. Maybe a woman out on the floor doing a live shot, but the discussion was most definitely all guys.

by Anonymousreply 189September 3, 2021 6:31 PM

[quot] I'm 50 and I remember when these types of panels were all white guys. Maybe a woman out on the floor doing a live shot, but the discussion was most definitely all guys

Even so, "two wrongs don't make a right."

So old white guys in the past used to run everything. Yes. We know.

Things have changed.

And it doesn't mean that we have to go all the way to the other end of the spectrum, to all female EVERYTHING.

Just make everything fucking fair. Why is that so goddamned hard????

by Anonymousreply 190September 3, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]Even so, "two wrongs don't make a right."

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But we do see that argument quite a bit as we come to grips with how to fix our country's issues with equity and inclusion. I have no issues with the best people and the most senior people getting the best gigs, but that never seemed to be a requirement before so why now? Gwen Ifill and Andrea Mitchell were way more qualified for Meet the Press than David Gregory and now Chuck Todd, but look what happened.

by Anonymousreply 191September 3, 2021 6:58 PM

R191, what these executives don't understand, is that you're just going to piss off an entirely different group.

Now, instead of a bunch of pissed off women, you're going to have an even ANGRIER bunch of pissed off MEN!

When will this fucking madness ever end???

I don't think anyone has any problem with a TRULY DIVERSE panel of men, women, white, black, hispanic, etc.

Just make it well rounded. I truly believe that's all anyone wants.

by Anonymousreply 192September 3, 2021 7:01 PM

Wrong, R192. Haven't you figured out, it is impossible to please an actual majority of anyone? There are so many factors that there is literally no combination of those factors that will produce a result where 51% or more of the viewership would agree it is "what they want."

by Anonymousreply 193September 3, 2021 7:58 PM

One thing is for sure, R193.

Nobody wants to watch a news panel of all women.

I'll just switch to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 194September 3, 2021 8:01 PM

Where you will see two separate panels of eight or nine people all talking at the same time to get camera time and they will include idiots like Van Jones, Rick Santorum (I know...not now), David Axlerod, etc.

by Anonymousreply 195September 3, 2021 8:07 PM

Nicolle Wallace took Friday off, she just came back from two weeks vacation and now she takes Friday off, who does she think she is, Lawrence O'Donnell?

by Anonymousreply 196September 3, 2021 8:13 PM

Witness the "Reidification" of MSNBC, displayed today by Eugene Daniels's chipped purple manicure.

Oy!

by Anonymousreply 197September 3, 2021 8:52 PM

why did they hire Eugene Daniels? He's an expert on nothing.

by Anonymousreply 198September 3, 2021 9:16 PM

Better Eugene Scott updating us on his numerous summer getaways. (sigh)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 3, 2021 9:27 PM

Have Eugene Daniels and Daveed Diggs ever been seen together in the same room at the same time??????

by Anonymousreply 200September 3, 2021 9:30 PM

Is Daniels' nail polish supposed to suggest he's gay? MSNBC is obviously lagging behind CNN with their two gay anchors Anderson and Don. Hell, even CNBC has Shep Smith. Tsk, tsk MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 201September 3, 2021 9:34 PM

Daniels is gay — when he got married a couple months ago Nicolle congratulated him on air, and the rest of the panel joined in. I think it was Jonathan Lemire and Claire. It was a very nice moment.

by Anonymousreply 202September 3, 2021 9:39 PM

OK, this explains that. He's MSNBC's Token Black Gay.

by Anonymousreply 203September 3, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote] He's MSNBC's Token Black Gay.

Goddamn it! I was supposed to be MSNBC's token black gay!

by Anonymousreply 204September 3, 2021 9:46 PM

Joshua, you shoulda worn purple nail polish.

Seriously, I never understood why Nicolle Wallace had Daniels on in the middle of discussions about abortion, etc. Not like he appears to have any expertise in anything.

by Anonymousreply 205September 3, 2021 9:49 PM

Speaking of fashion, did you notice Mike Schmidt sporting a new black pullover yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 206September 3, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote]He's MSNBC's Token Black Gay.

No. I am.

by Anonymousreply 207September 3, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote]Nicolle Wallace took Friday off, she just came back from two weeks vacation and now she takes Friday off, who does she think she is, Lawrence O'Donnell?

She might have The 'Rona.

by Anonymousreply 208September 3, 2021 11:29 PM

[quote] MSNBC president Rashida Jones was asked whether, with the new agreement, Maddow will continue to host her show five nights a week. “Her show will continue as she’s doing it now,” she said. “One of the things we are looking at is she is so interested and excited in doing things in so many different areas within NBCUniversal, so we are figuring out how to juggle all of that, but her show continues on.” As for the longer term, Jones suggests that details are still being worked out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209September 3, 2021 11:39 PM

[quote] why did they hire Eugene Daniels? He's an expert on nothing.

Eugene Daniels works for Politico, for MSNBC he is just a contributor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 3, 2021 11:48 PM

Chris just said that twice as many people are dying today as a year ago, BEFORE the vaccines.

But, Chris, COVID is killing the RIGHT people.

Reagan wanted AIDS to kill off all the homosexuals, and now the homosexuals are hoping that COVID kills off all the stupid unvaccinated white southerners.

The circle of life.

by Anonymousreply 211September 4, 2021 12:06 AM

The Delta variant is just decimating unvaccinated populations...which are almost all Republicans. And I could not be happier about it.

by Anonymousreply 212September 4, 2021 12:11 AM

Rachel has Friday off and Chris just announced a second hour of All In. He looked like he could barely contain himself. I wonder how the handshake with Lawrence will be? I also enjoyed that the Whigger Beat had Friday off and the Reid Out had a double show. A good Friday.

by Anonymousreply 213September 4, 2021 1:06 AM

I live in a red state and it was just announced that we had more diagnosed cases, hospitalizations, and deaths from COVID in August, 2021, than we did in August, 2020. That is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 214September 4, 2021 2:00 AM

Wow, straight commercial with no reference about Lawrence. Velshi gets to give Lawrence a HJ, not Chris? An epic 5 minute commercial block.

by Anonymousreply 215September 4, 2021 2:00 AM

A THIRD hour of The Reidout?

Will there be a 4th?

by Anonymousreply 216September 4, 2021 2:03 AM

Is this an instant rerun?

by Anonymousreply 217September 4, 2021 2:06 AM

MSNBC has started doing this on long holiday weekends. They have two of the prime-time hosts (tonight, it's Joy and Chris) do two-hour shows, and the rest get the night off.

[quote] Wow, straight commercial with no reference about Lawrence.

There is no Lawrence (and no Brian) tonight -- just Joy and Chris (and then repeats of both shows).

by Anonymousreply 218September 4, 2021 2:14 AM

Kendis celebrating Beyonce’s 40th! 🥳

by Anonymousreply 219September 4, 2021 11:59 AM

Fuck Beyonce. She endorsed Beto O'Rourke in 2018 one hour before polling stations closed in Texas on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 220September 4, 2021 3:19 PM

Hillary lost the election because voters were sick of her asskissing of Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 221September 4, 2021 9:38 PM

I hope Joy Reid learns how to pronounce the Greek letter Mu....

by Anonymousreply 222September 4, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote] Kendis celebrating Beyonce’s 40th!

Kendis is hopeless, can't believe they keep him around. Indeed, people. Indeed!

The long-suffering lesbian they've paired him with has permanent bite marks in her tongue.

by Anonymousreply 223September 5, 2021 6:22 AM

MSNBC needs to hire anchors in the age-range (and experience level) of Deborah Roberts (Mrs. Al Roker), Nancy Giles, Ben Justice, etc.

We have sufficient of the "Not Ready for Airtime Players."

by Anonymousreply 224September 5, 2021 3:58 PM

Yasmin looking fashionable today.

by Anonymousreply 225September 5, 2021 7:24 PM

Polished, professional look, R225. Yasmin is wearing the ensemble, not the other way around. Take note, Joy.

by Anonymousreply 226September 5, 2021 7:45 PM

When even Yasmin is getting praising comparisons over Joy here, you know Joy is in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 227September 5, 2021 8:12 PM

All Joy does now is scream all the time and parade her ridiculous-looking wigs. Midlife crisis?

by Anonymousreply 228September 6, 2021 1:38 AM

Love a screaming lefty negress. Love Joy.

by Anonymousreply 229September 6, 2021 2:03 AM

R224 Nancy Giles??

I remember when candidate Obama was selecting a V.P. she was running around repeating - "If he picks Hillary he better hire a food-taster." She'd follow that with "Literally." She couldn't get over how clever she thought she was.

by Anonymousreply 230September 6, 2021 2:27 AM

They should bring Olbermann back - that would be hilarious in the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 231September 6, 2021 2:31 AM

Yes.....Shake it up, bring back Olbermann!

by Anonymousreply 232September 6, 2021 11:50 AM

Joy is the Black Keith.

by Anonymousreply 233September 6, 2021 1:47 PM

Keith Olbermann was before I watched MSNBC. What was his rep? Why did he leave?

by Anonymousreply 234September 6, 2021 4:14 PM

Keith Olbermann was banging Katy Tur.

by Anonymousreply 235September 6, 2021 4:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 6, 2021 4:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237September 6, 2021 4:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238September 6, 2021 4:43 PM

Really? Can't stand Katy Tur - she's such a snide bitch.

by Anonymousreply 239September 6, 2021 5:06 PM

Is Lindsay Reiser pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 240September 6, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote] adding that her thought pattern had become more analytical than instinctive.

Hmm, I would have thought the reverse.

by Anonymousreply 241September 6, 2021 9:08 PM

Maybe Maddow could do a "Rachel and Friends" news show where she introduces segments (kinda like 60 minutes) that are produced and presented by a new roster of Maddow-type journalists (lefties, SJWs, hungry to make a positive contribution to the world, etc.). At the end, Rachel could have her Andy Rooney-type segment where she lets us know what's on her mind and reminds us that she loves us and wants us to be happy and healthy.

I would watch that.

by Anonymousreply 242September 6, 2021 10:18 PM

Rachel does very good investigative pieces but she can't interview people for shit.

by Anonymousreply 243September 6, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote] Maybe Maddow could do a "Rachel and Friends" news show where she introduces segments (kinda like 60 minutes) ... At the end, Rachel could have her Andy Rooney-type segment where she lets us know what's on her mind.

Knowing Rachel, it wouldn't be like "60 Minutes." It would end up being more like 600 Minutes.

by Anonymousreply 244September 6, 2021 11:10 PM

So the new fall tv season begins tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 245September 6, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]Rachel does very good investigative pieces

Too often her investigations don't lead anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 246September 7, 2021 12:07 AM

Rofl R244!

Good one.😉

by Anonymousreply 247September 7, 2021 12:12 AM

I like Katy Tur but she's so busy spitting out rug rats she's never on TV anymore.

by Anonymousreply 248September 7, 2021 12:24 AM

Yasmin looks like she has had a horrible nose job and I don't know if it's natural or not by her eyes look pulled back pretty tight and wonky too.

by Anonymousreply 249September 7, 2021 12:26 AM

She definitely had a nose job at some point, but I think she just has an excessive amount of makeup on today.

by Anonymousreply 250September 7, 2021 12:31 AM

All the women on MSNBC are wearing way too much makeup suddenly. They must have hired a new makeup person..

by Anonymousreply 251September 7, 2021 12:37 AM

Bagman was a historical expose.

by Anonymousreply 252September 7, 2021 2:16 AM

Rachel has very few guests on her show now compared to the other shows on MSNBC, I think she likes the show being about her giving the message not someone else.

by Anonymousreply 253September 7, 2021 2:24 AM

My favorite show with Rachel is when she had Chris Hays on and they tried to loosen him up with a different wardrobe. It was a jacket with a blue and white wide striped t-shirt with no collar. Not only did he look like a baby dyke in sailors clothes, Rachel almost couldn't contain herself and said "you look adorable". I think they scrubbed the internet of that pic.

by Anonymousreply 254September 7, 2021 3:11 AM

R253, it's mainly because Rachel loves the sound of her own voice above all other things. She is insufferable and unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 255September 7, 2021 3:51 AM

R256 that's not what the ratings say. She is by far the most popular MSNBC host.

by Anonymousreply 256September 7, 2021 3:53 AM

That doesn't sway my opinion, R256. Nascar is popular as well; that doesn't mean it's worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 257September 7, 2021 3:56 AM

R257 you're entitled to it but many of us love her. She's a very smart person who has her quirks but makes for great tv

by Anonymousreply 258September 7, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote] Rachel does very good investigative pieces but she can't interview people for shit.

Watch Maddow interview Lev Parnas (starts at 4:17). She is masterful!

His attorney is completely mesmerized. And high on ganja. He is also a lifetime member and attorney for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259September 7, 2021 6:15 AM

I wish Rachel would leave.

I'd much rather watch Brian Williams in her time slot.

He's a much better anchor.

by Anonymousreply 260September 7, 2021 6:28 PM

Ayman is moving to weekends & Joshua is going to Peacock!

by Anonymousreply 261September 7, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] Joshua is going to Peacock!

Where he belongs.

Joshua sucks.

by Anonymousreply 262September 7, 2021 6:31 PM

Let's find an anchor seat for Richard Lui.

by Anonymousreply 263September 7, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] Let's find an anchor seat for Richard Lui.

Hell no.

He's a loser.

by Anonymousreply 264September 7, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] I wish Rachel would leave.

Careful what you wish for honey. You might get your wish next year, when Rachel is only on once a week with her sole ratings being sky high and everybody else's ratings taking a huge plunge, people being replaced left and right to try to fix it, until the channel becomes irrelevant and everybody leaves except nobodies.

Or maybe Rachel will renegociate when the debacle begins and agree to come back every day for even more $$$$

by Anonymousreply 265September 7, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote] He's a loser.

While I don't agree, shouldn't that be Luiser, not loser

by Anonymousreply 266September 7, 2021 7:57 PM

I think some of you would like to rename the network MadddowNBC.

by Anonymousreply 267September 7, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote] rename the network Madd[d]owNBC

It's more accurate than MicrosoftNBC.

Based on her ratings (highest) during the week following 1/6, there is a big segment of viewers who turn to her specifically when shit happens. I'm concerned with 2 life altering elections coming up, that once-a-week Rachel will not be enough to galvanize the voters we need to get out and do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 268September 7, 2021 10:17 PM

Jose Diaz-Balart will anchor the 10 a.m. hour on weekdays. And the article says "Ayman Mohyeldin will host prime-time MSNBC shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday."

And Alex Witt will take over for Rachel next year when Rachel goes to once a week. ... Ha ha. Just kidding about the last one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 7, 2021 10:49 PM

Joy’s Brows & Hair!

by Anonymousreply 270September 7, 2021 11:01 PM

I'm sure that in times of national crisis and elections (which have become times of national crisis), Rachel will be on the air more than one night a week.

by Anonymousreply 271September 8, 2021 12:09 AM

[quote] I'm sure that in times of national crisis and elections (which have become times of national crisis), Rachel will be on the air more than one night a week.

Nah, it's fine.

There are countless other anchors who are as qualified or better qualified than Rachel.

She can stay home.

by Anonymousreply 272September 8, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]And Alex Witt will take over for Rachel next year when Rachel goes to once a week.

Damn you, I believed you there for a second!

by Anonymousreply 273September 8, 2021 12:22 AM

So is it really official about Rachel going to once a week or still just rumor at this point?

by Anonymousreply 274September 8, 2021 1:42 AM

What about Steve Kornacki or as they say Khak Kornacki our own little gay nerd. Everyone seems to love him. Ever notice as much as he tries to play it straight and non sexual things always revolver around his pants, his bulge and lower waist? Remember the unfortunate penis drawing incident?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 8, 2021 10:07 AM

Is it true Chuck Todd will leave MTP and take Rachel's time spot?

by Anonymousreply 276September 8, 2021 11:08 AM

God I hope not, Chuck is so boring and always tries to play both sides but fails in his approach. No balls for a real fallow up. "can I, can I, can I ask you another questions?" He's MSNBC's Wolf Blitzer.

by Anonymousreply 277September 8, 2021 11:15 AM

Josh Barro reappears on WayTooEarly sporting a t-shirt and scruffy stache.

by Anonymousreply 278September 8, 2021 11:32 AM

Bring Steve Kmetko out of retirement to host something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279September 8, 2021 12:41 PM

It would be a great way to move him out the door.

Leave MTP, bomb on his own and buh-bye.

He and his ratty hair need to go.

by Anonymousreply 280September 8, 2021 1:17 PM

Yesterday jason Johnson (whom I like) did Ari Melber's show. But he turned it into a hommage to Michael Williams, the black actor who died of an overdose. He described him as a 'legend'. for fuck's sake - he was a supporting actor on some TV shows. Belmondo dies yesterday and Williams is the legend.

by Anonymousreply 281September 8, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote] Bring Steve Kmetko out of retirement to host something.

I prefer Thomas Roberts.

He's much hotter.

Plus, he has experience with MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 282September 8, 2021 3:45 PM

R282 - Yes, Thomas Roberts is a dreamboat and he was very articulate which can't be said for so many other MSNBC hosts. Apparently he made a career decision that allowed him to be with his partner in Atlanta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 8, 2021 3:55 PM

Thomas Roberts hosted donald's 2013 Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow.

Enough said on several levels.

by Anonymousreply 284September 8, 2021 4:21 PM

lol the anti-Rachel clown is really trying to convince us she's horrible and no one likes her.

It really is MSNBC's loss if she goes down to only 1 time per week.

Shame about Joshua Johnson though I'd like to see him host his show shirtless

by Anonymousreply 285September 8, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]jason Johnson (whom I like)

Why?

by Anonymousreply 286September 8, 2021 6:17 PM

R286 he can be brutally incisive as long as he doesn't focus exclusively on race - he's great on Nicolle Wallace's show, but when he's doing MSNBC Contractual Obligation Only Racism Matters crap, he's almost as bad as Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 287September 8, 2021 7:21 PM

Wow!! Hadn't seen Nicolle in the 2 last weeks or so and tuning in now. You guys were right....new makeup artist....or is it a new lighting designer? Either way, she looks gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 288September 8, 2021 8:15 PM

Also, glad to see Tim Miller cut off his man bun and now has a much more flattering bob.

by Anonymousreply 289September 8, 2021 8:16 PM

she hasn't got that ton of eye makeup she had on last week

by Anonymousreply 290September 8, 2021 8:17 PM

R289, I think Tim Miller would make a wonderful husband. I know he's ugly, but I can tell that he's honest and has a good soul. I could see myself getting married to Tim.

I wonder why he always appears in front of a poster for beans?

by Anonymousreply 291September 8, 2021 8:52 PM

OMG! Did you see Jeff Bridges in the 5:00 PSA? He is downright grizzled!

by Anonymousreply 292September 8, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]I think Tim Miller would make a wonderful husband. I know he's ugly, but I can tell that he's honest and has a good soul. I could see myself getting married to Tim.

Well, good for you. Personally I'm disgusted by Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 293September 8, 2021 9:03 PM

Tim Miller's hot.

by Anonymousreply 294September 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Looks like Mike Schmidt returned last week's new black shirt for a refund; he's back to his standard issue.

by Anonymousreply 295September 8, 2021 9:06 PM

Who is this gorgeous Brian Fallon appearing with Nicolle now? He looks like a 1960s teen idol.

by Anonymousreply 296September 8, 2021 9:09 PM

Tim Miller is actually very handsome, he just needs a decent haircut and some well-tailored clothes.

by Anonymousreply 297September 8, 2021 9:10 PM

The makeup on Nicolle's face is too dark for her.

by Anonymousreply 298September 8, 2021 9:10 PM

I still can't get over Nicolle's new look. Her face looks a bit fuller and it's all for the better. And those smokey eyes!

by Anonymousreply 299September 8, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote]Tim Miller is actually very handsome,

[quote]Tim Miller's hot.

He's really not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 8, 2021 9:16 PM

Tim Miller is not hot

by Anonymousreply 301September 8, 2021 9:22 PM

Or a young Fred Flintstone, R296.

But seriously, I think he was in the Obama Administration.

by Anonymousreply 302September 8, 2021 9:24 PM

Tim Miller is hot.

by Anonymousreply 303September 8, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote]Tim Miller is hot.

No.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304September 8, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote] Who is this gorgeous Brian Fallon appearing with Nicolle now? He looks like a 1960s teen idol.

He was Hillary's press secretary in 2016. He and Robbie Mook were fuck buddies.

by Anonymousreply 305September 8, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote] Did you see Jeff Bridges in the 5:00 PSA? He is downright grizzled!

Well R292, he’s 71 years old, and just went through treatment for lymphoma.

by Anonymousreply 306September 8, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] I know he's ugly, but I can tell that he's honest and has a good soul.

Some might beg to differ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307September 8, 2021 10:59 PM

Never heard of Brian Fallon, but he's cute!

He and Robbie the Mook are fucking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308September 8, 2021 11:26 PM

Brian Fallon is much hotter in action than he is in r308's photo.

Also, WEHT Robby Mook?

by Anonymousreply 309September 9, 2021 1:31 AM

Watching the first of the 9/11 specials, oh, Jesus, oh, Jesus oh, save me Jesus.

And off.

by Anonymousreply 310September 9, 2021 2:24 AM

[quote] He and Robbie the Mook are fucking?

Following their monumentally embarassing and wholly preventable loss in 2016, both men experienced a crisis of confidence, their relationship suffered. They rekindled a remote friendship during COVID lockdown. Robby knows Brian is devoted to his wife & family and can never give him the kind of commitment he dreams of. He still can't help but swoon a bit at the mere thought of Brian's fragrant furry hole.

by Anonymousreply 311September 9, 2021 2:34 AM

Did anyone watch the Memory Box 9/11 special on after TRMS - that had Rachel tearing up? I tried to record it too late. I think it's rebroadcast over the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 312September 9, 2021 8:49 AM

Former MSNBC Kasey Hunt was just on CNN's New Day with a dark blonde hair color and wavy hair, I didn't even recognize her at first, I kept thinking that voice sounds familiar but I couldn't place the face at first.

by Anonymousreply 313September 9, 2021 12:16 PM

I watched the first 1/2 hour of the 9/11 special. Brilliantly done but I couldn't take any more. Too horribly graphic and emotionally triggering, especially before bedtime. And I'm no wilting flower.

by Anonymousreply 314September 9, 2021 12:22 PM

Is Willie Geist a Repug? He has been consistently negative lately when speaking of Democrat leadership, especially Biden.

by Anonymousreply 315September 9, 2021 1:23 PM

[quote] Did anyone watch the Memory Box 9/11 special on after TRMS - that had Rachel tearing up?

I didn't catch that, but I'm imagining Rachel shedding a tear like the William Hurt character in "Broadcast News."

It must have taken her several takes to get that tear to drop at just the right moment.

by Anonymousreply 316September 9, 2021 1:55 PM

R315

Willie & Tucker C. are best friends.

He is a known misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 317September 9, 2021 2:23 PM

Tim Miller could be quite nice looking if he cut and styled his hair, shaved well, use some facial treatment, and wear some upscale threads. Enough of the hermit-Covid appearance while on camera. He still can be a really cute gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 318September 9, 2021 3:35 PM

I watched the first part of the Box special up until the Pentagon woman started Jesus, Jesus, save me, Jesus and the guy who saved her was happy she called him her guardian ange.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus save me from such maudlin religio-crap.

by Anonymousreply 319September 9, 2021 3:57 PM

A blonde Kasey Hunt on CNN's New Day this morning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320September 9, 2021 4:30 PM

Blonde is mandatory on CNN. Just like Fox.

by Anonymousreply 321September 9, 2021 4:34 PM

Why is OP lined out?

by Anonymousreply 322September 9, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] Why is OP lined out?

It isn't for me, maybe you have FF'ed him a lot of times.

by Anonymousreply 323September 9, 2021 5:03 PM

It doesn't work that way, R323.

by Anonymousreply 324September 9, 2021 5:10 PM

Sorry to hear that, r317.

Kasie still sucks, blonde hair or not.

by Anonymousreply 325September 9, 2021 5:14 PM

Refresh, r323.

by Anonymousreply 326September 9, 2021 5:14 PM

I did refresh, prior to my post at R323 and just now, still not lined out.

by Anonymousreply 327September 9, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]Why is OP lined out?

You have your settings on “delicate flower”.

by Anonymousreply 328September 9, 2021 5:38 PM

Kasie and Brianna were flirting heavily with each other this morning while they were talking about their softball team. They're both sporty, rough and tumble girls.

by Anonymousreply 329September 9, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote] A blonde Kasey Hunt on CNN's New Day this morning

CNN turned her into a painted whore!

by Anonymousreply 330September 9, 2021 6:34 PM

Couldn't stand Kasie. She was one of the Mika/Andrea Mitchell little bitch protegees like Katy Tur, Kristen Welker and Hallie Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 331September 9, 2021 6:47 PM

Kasie wasn't NEARLY as annoying as Katyy Tur or Hallie Jackson.

I cannot watch those two. They make my ears bleed.

Kasie was very professional. And she didn't YELL at the audience, or talk at 1000 words per minute, the way that Hallile Jackson does.

by Anonymousreply 332September 9, 2021 6:50 PM

I'm not R322, but thanks, R328! I never could understand why some posts were lined out -- now I've moved my settings from halfway between "delicate flower" and "asbestos eyeballs" to "asbestos eyeballs" and this OP is no longer lined out. Of course, there's also nothing offensive about this OP, even by "delicate flower" standards, but that's a different issue.

by Anonymousreply 333September 9, 2021 6:51 PM

Hallie Jackson seems to think that talking louder and faster makes her seem smarter.

It doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 334September 9, 2021 6:52 PM

Hallie Jackson reminds me of Chris Matthews with her bulldozer mannerisms, I imagine him saying “ATTA GIRL HALLIE” as he watches her trample over someone from his nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 335September 9, 2021 7:20 PM

KC/DC must know that everyone suspects that she's gay, right? If she does, it's awesome that she leans into being sporty and doesn't mention the husband 24/7 to constantly remind us of her GLORIOUS HETEROSEXUALITY.

I gotta love a gal who doesn't give a whiff if the world thinks she's gay.

by Anonymousreply 336September 9, 2021 7:37 PM

Kasie's married to an NBC producer (no doubt how she got the job given her meagre talents) and had a kid a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 337September 9, 2021 8:29 PM

R333 Bizarre. With my sensitivity set to neutral, OP's title post is lined out. As a "delicate flower" these additional equally innocuous and unrelated posts are lined out : R102, R133, R229, R245, R316. Seems random.

by Anonymousreply 338September 9, 2021 9:46 PM

R338 As OP, likewise delicate flower lines-out those other posts, none of which I contributed. The title post however remains unaffected.

by Anonymousreply 339September 9, 2021 10:08 PM

Kasie looks hot in leather.

by Anonymousreply 340September 9, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote]Kasie’s married to an NBC producer (no doubt how she got the job given her meagre talents) and had a kid a year ago.

She’s also got a real Jodie Foster-esque vibe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341September 9, 2021 10:36 PM

Who cares about Kasie - Joy's revived 'Shirley Dimples' coif is the topic Du Jour or at least it should be. The braided extension cord/basket of snakes look had run it's course and Joy reverted back to her more demur style this past week. Of course she could surprise us all and trot out a new look tonight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342September 9, 2021 10:47 PM

R342 you're right. Joy needs to pick a reasonable hairstyle and stick with it. I note her panel is 100% black. Where are the Latinos? The Asians? The token white person??

by Anonymousreply 343September 9, 2021 11:08 PM

Joy is on fire with ridicule for any and all Republicans. I love how she puts up quote cards and then reads them aloud fast and bla-bla-bla. Just slurring over the stupid words.

Beautiful.❤️

by Anonymousreply 344September 9, 2021 11:50 PM

Agreed, r344. Joy was quite hilarious there. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 345September 9, 2021 11:54 PM

Garrett Haake has gotten married ... again. I wonder how long this one will last?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 10, 2021 6:02 AM

R346 They move fast. He proposed in June.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347September 10, 2021 7:53 AM

Smart Girl: Garrett is reasonably attractive but more importantly has a solid income and travels a lot. I wouldn't mind spending his money while he reports from Fillintheblank for a few days, only to come back home to fuck me senseless. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 348September 10, 2021 12:36 PM

Short girl; Garret must love having his nipples chewed while he fucks.

by Anonymousreply 349September 10, 2021 1:41 PM

[quote] Garrett Haake has gotten married ... again. I wonder how long this one will last?

Huge red flag.

People like Garrett, who get married then divorced then married again quickly, usually have some kind of personality disorder.

Plus, his new "wife" looks like a stripper.

This has really made his attractiveness level go down for me.

Oh, and I give the "marriage" six months. Tops.

by Anonymousreply 350September 10, 2021 2:45 PM

So Garrett and the blonde on CNN Sarah somebody got divorced? Garrett loves his tarty blondes.

by Anonymousreply 351September 10, 2021 3:07 PM

I know Garrett is from Texas but cowboy boots to a wedding in Connecticut?

by Anonymousreply 352September 10, 2021 4:01 PM

Nicolle is again looking stunning today. she has always been pretty but now she is glamorous as well.

by Anonymousreply 353September 10, 2021 8:05 PM

[quote]Short girl; Garret must love having his nipples chewed while he fucks.

She's so short, she probably tongues his navel while he fucks.

by Anonymousreply 354September 10, 2021 8:10 PM

Why are you focusing on the wedding pictures to the midget versus the shirtless pic. Besides the hideous tattoo he has on his forearm, it looks like he has something written on his left rib-cage as well. He is also a member of the tiny nips club.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355September 10, 2021 8:18 PM

I bet Garrett has a big dick and throws quite the mean fuck. Lucky girl!

by Anonymousreply 356September 10, 2021 8:19 PM

I love Garrett but he really needs to be told not to post shirtless pics.

by Anonymousreply 357September 10, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote]Why are you focusing on the wedding pictures to the midget versus the shirtless pic.

Because we don't like his chest.

by Anonymousreply 358September 10, 2021 8:26 PM

How tall is he? He's the one that looks weird to me.

by Anonymousreply 359September 10, 2021 8:43 PM

R359 Garrett's 6'4" just like his pal Beto. She must be really short. Must be like a Great Dane humping a chihuahua.

by Anonymousreply 360September 10, 2021 8:48 PM

MSNBC is fiddling with the lighting or something. Makes Nicolle look like she's a ghost. The lighting's too dim. I noticed the other night I could barely see Joy Reid as she's so dark-skinned because of the poor lighting.

by Anonymousreply 361September 10, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] Why are you focusing on the wedding pictures to the midget versus the shirtless pic.

[quote] Because we don't like his chest.

[quote] —Thomas Roberts

Oh, Thomas.

At least Garrett isn't posting pics of his dick and ass online.

Like SOME people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 10, 2021 9:44 PM

Now I know why Garrett got married so quickly.

Looking at the photos at R355, I'm guessing that he didn't want to be the only one in his circle of friends, without a partner.

I like the first photo in that series, with his dark haired friend sneaking his arm under Garrett's arm pit. I'd take a good sniff after the photo!

by Anonymousreply 363September 10, 2021 9:46 PM

Thomas and his husband are so damned hot.

The perfect gay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364September 10, 2021 9:49 PM

You guys are slipping, why no comments on the skanky wedding dress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 10, 2021 11:48 PM

Are messaging t-shirts now considered professional attire, Joy Ann Reid? You are a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 366September 10, 2021 11:53 PM

R365 very tarty. Garrett, I am disappointed in you. Was he fucking around with this tart while married to Sara Murray? he's a naughty boy.

by Anonymousreply 367September 11, 2021 12:17 AM

Chris Hayes is wearing a tie on a Friday night, that never happens. His hair looks different also, lighter and not so slicked back.

by Anonymousreply 368September 11, 2021 12:20 AM

Waiting for streaks to show up in Rachel's wigs.

by Anonymousreply 369September 11, 2021 12:48 AM

And for Lawrence O'Donnell to try some softening bangs.

by Anonymousreply 370September 11, 2021 12:57 AM

Like the softening bangs of Chuck Turdd?

by Anonymousreply 371September 11, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote]At least Garrett isn't posting pics of his dick and ass online.

[quote]Like SOME people.

[quote]—Vaughn

Dear Little Vaughn,

Jealousy doesn't become you.

by Anonymousreply 372September 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Got third party notice that this thread has been paywalled.

Have at it for MSNBC - Part 30

by Anonymousreply 373September 11, 2021 1:37 AM

Here you go, R373.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 11, 2021 3:08 AM

Remember the days when DL would finish threads to 600 and complained about freepers???

by Anonymousreply 375September 13, 2021 2:29 AM

Yes, and those were the days before M's Draconian pay walling and blocked times.

Now, threads are regularly pay walled under 400 posts.

by Anonymousreply 376September 13, 2021 3:19 AM

When is Rachel coming back to the studio?

by Anonymousreply 377September 14, 2021 4:11 PM

Wow, Nicolle looks gorgeous today.

by Anonymousreply 378September 14, 2021 10:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!