Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 28

Kasie Hunt is gone.

Most of the on-air talent is still on vacation.

But thank goodness Ali Velshi is there to fill in for everyone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 30, 2021 6:19 PM

Ali isn't a beauty but he's available! He's also smart and explains things well, so I'm glad to have him.

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2021 1:00 AM

Nicolle is in for Rachel again.

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2021 1:01 AM

In fact, I prefer Ali Velshi to Nicolle Wallace -- at least he doesn't have long, lank, boring hair.

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2021 1:01 AM

So did anyone find the video of Joy Reid defending Governor Cuomo??

It sounds fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2021 1:02 AM

Ali Velshi is boring.

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2021 1:04 AM

No one cares about this failed network. Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2021 1:05 AM

But Nicolle Wallace is tedious.

by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2021 1:05 AM

Nicolle’s hair 💇🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2021 1:05 AM

I don't like it, R8 -- do you? At least it looks like she's had it cut a little, though not enough.

by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote] No one cares about this failed network. Yeesh.

Just no one important R6, it is on part 28 now.

by Anonymousreply 10August 6, 2021 1:07 AM

Here is the Cuomo segment from tonight's "Reid Report."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 6, 2021 1:13 AM

Awesome, R11.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 12August 6, 2021 1:15 AM

Someone get a hairdresser to MSNBC stat!

by Anonymousreply 13August 6, 2021 1:29 AM

Lol R13.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2021 1:30 AM

Who does Claire's hair?

by Anonymousreply 15August 6, 2021 1:31 AM

Wow, go, Joy!

“You can kindly FART OFF.”

I can’t believe she said that. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 16August 6, 2021 1:32 AM

This is my automatic response to anything the GQP says now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2021 1:34 AM

R9 I'll take Jen Psaki, even with dirty hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2021 1:40 AM

Jen Psaki's flaming red hair really bothers me.

I don't know why. It just does.

I guess that's why they call it "brassy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 6, 2021 1:42 AM

I'm not crazy about Lawrence O'Donnell and usually find him pompous. But I really enjoyed the recording of his father arguing a case before the U.S. Supreme Court and I appreciate the chance to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 20August 6, 2021 3:31 AM

He portrayed his family as the only white non-racists in BAHston in the 1960s...

by Anonymousreply 21August 6, 2021 6:42 AM

Nicolle is trying, it appears. During the past week she's worn solid color, collared, silk blouses in green, navy, red and coral...all of which were vast improvements over the busy prints she often wears. Her hair needs some subtle gold highlights, a hot oil conditioner and to be cut another inch or two. Her ends have been trimmed, just not enough. I like her; she's smart and seems like a devoted mother.

by Anonymousreply 22August 6, 2021 7:18 AM

Why is 1/3 of a thread about a news/punditry channel devoted to evaluating the appearance of the teleprompter-readers and political figures?

::Datalounge Discussion of World Politics::

Datalounge: I just hate Vladimir Putin.

Questioner: Why? Is it because he's a murderous kleptocratic authoritarian who persecutes sexual minorities and transgender people and spreads destructive disinformation throughout the world?

Datalounge: Maybe... but mostly he's a fatty with bad fashion sense!

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2021 10:44 AM

Political opinions are discussed on threads devoted to those individual topics.

We come here to this thread to discuss Joy's wigs, Claire's desserts, Rachel's 🔥, Lemire's smirk, Joe's bloviating, Lawrence's awkward banter with Rachel, Nicholle's need of a stylist, Ari's rapping (and rapping and rapping), Brian's snark, and whether or not Mika knows her lack of value.

by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2021 10:59 AM

How did Joy's hair grow so long so fast? Or does she have a hole in her head she pulls hair out of, like my sister's doll did?

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2021 12:03 PM

R24

I can work with much of that...

Joy: still find her highly suspect in terms of the homophobic blog posts and claims that she was 'hacked'. Wigs are irrelevant. Fangirling over black panther complete with 'wakanda forever' poses repeatedly was cringe. And there were black female correspondents/analysts on the payroll who deserved her show much more than she did in terms of talent and presence

Claire: Failed moderate dem politician. Don't care about her desserts. Comes off likeable, but if she were a dem politician in the 1990s, she wouldn't have spoken a word in support of same-sex marriage or fought against the 'War on Drugs' mass incarceration of poor people and PoC non-violent drug offenders

Rachel: I like her, but can only handle watching her in occasional doses.

Lemire: Ken-doll-shaped meatbag, probably propelled from an upper-class family into being stuffed into a suit and trained to talk into a camera (much like Anderson Cooper is a ken-doll-shaped meatbag, but propelled from an ultra-wealthy family into being stuffed into a suit and trained to talk into a camera)

JoeScar: Don't get me started. But yes, he's a bloviator.

Lawrence O'Donnell: I think he pretty much radiates 'off-air, I'm a huge asshole'; but I do like him on-air. He's like a milder Chris Matthews whom I felt the same way about.

Nicolle Wallace: I don't forgive her at all, ever, for her complicity in the crimes of the Bush administration. She was an enabler of mass casualties of unnecessary war and helped degrade standards of what constitutes torture and war crime. That being said, I find her extremely likeable on-air. But she's still not forgiven for actively aiding actual atrocities. I don't care what her hair looks like.

Ari: Rap occasionally, not frequently. There's a tipping point in frequency at which it moves from being flavorful and cute to being pandering and cringeworthy. I generally like him, but just check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Brian: Phony as hell. Comes off phony as hell. Also, overly worshipful of every single guest, takes like a full minute listing every title and accomplishment of every guest, practically like he's in breathless awe. Puta, you're not playing submissive in an S&M scenario here, move on to the interview.

Mika: A lower-rich version of Anderson Cooper. She would be mid-management at a regional paper-supply company if it weren't for her family.

[Bonus] Smerconish: Has all of my hate. Seems like he's a libertarian who graduated with a econ degree after buying his term papers online and having his parents pay for a boatload of tutors and standardized test prep courses, and then hosted a college radio politics talk show, and then should have settled into working at a car dealership and posting on r/cryptocurrency and complaining about 'identity politics'

*Note: My criticism of these hosts mentioning working at a car dealership or paper company are not meant to demean the value of people in those occupations. Work that produces value deserves respect. Those criticisms reflect my opinion that these people do not hold unique talent that uniquely qualifies them for the positions that they hold.

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2021 12:34 PM

After that post, I know some might wonder whom I think is better deserving of Joy Reid's time slot?

Melissa Harris-Perry had a weekend show on MSNBC in 2012 and received a tiny fraction of the promotion that Reid received. She continued as a correspondent and is much more talented, accomplished, and has far superior screen presence than Joy Reid. And she should have Joy Reid's slot. And I say that even regardless of whether or not the homophobic blog posts attributed to Joy Reid are true.

Also Jacob Soboroff should get a show (in a better timeslot than either Brian Williams, Ari Melber, or Lawrence O'Donnell). He's also a superior version of Chris Hayes (and Chris Hayes is most likely my favorite MSNBC host).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2021 12:55 PM

About Joy Reid's wigs and Nicolle Wallace's hair: the subject is not entirely shallow, given the context of TV journalism. These people aren't discussing politics in writing or on the radio, they're appearing on TV. Writers and radio announcers can be dressed in pajamas and have their hair in rollers without affecting their audience -- on TV, they should apply makeup that suits the lighting, wear a clean shirt, and fix their hair so that it's not distracting. Kind of like attending a funeral in a church -- out of respect for the family and friends of the deceased, don't wear shorts and flip-flops.

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2021 1:00 PM

R28

You're not wrong. I stand by my criticism of the extent to which we focus on appearance, but you speak no lies in terms of it being *entirely* shallow...

So, I will briefly contribute that... Yes, okay, I personally find Joy Reid's wigs terrible. And I think that she would actually be better received going with a closely shaven or bald-shaved cut.

Also, if anyone 'needed' cosmetic surgery to obscure their real age, it would be Lawrence O'Donnell or JoeScar, not Mika. And I need no age-defying surgery from anybody

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote] Melissa Harris-Perry had a weekend show on MSNBC in 2012 and received a tiny fraction of the promotion that Reid received.

Melissa Harris-Perry had criticized MSNBC's treatment of her and other minority hosts. She was pissed when her show was pre-empted for special election coverage. She left on very bad terms. I doubt she'll ever return to MSNBC.

[quote] And she should have Joy Reid's slot.

Joy got lucky when Chris Matthews quit (or was forced out?). With an all-white lineup from afternoon through prime time (Nicolle, Ari, Chris, Rachel, Lawrence, Brian), at a time when the BLM movement was growing and racial justice issues were heating up, MSNBC knew it couldn't very well replace Chris Matthews with another white male (or even a white female), without a huge backlash. MSNBC had no choice but to move Joy into that slot. I miss Chris Matthews and "Hardball," even though I know he was getting old, forgetful, and just plain weird.

[quote] Also Jacob Soboroff should get a show

Soboroff could make a good host, but I'm not sure that's what he wants. He seems to be the type (kind of like Richard Engel) who really wants to do reporting from the field rather than being trapped behind an anchor desk. But I could be wrong. I suppose if MSNBC threw enough money at him, he could change his mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 6, 2021 1:54 PM

Lol R25!!!

[quote] Nicolle is trying, it appears

She obviously reads Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2021 3:08 PM

R30

"Joy got lucky when Chris Matthews quit (or was forced out?)."

Boo, he was forced out, yes. If you missed his farewell on the air, find it on youtube and watch it. And I kinda loved him fondly in a way, but it was long overdue for him to go. And I definitely believe that it was proper for him to be forced out.

"Melissa Harris-Perry had criticized MSNBC's treatment of her and other minority hosts."

She was right. I do and have preferred MSNBC over any cable new channel, but MSNBC is and has been blindingly white longer than it would even have been commercially advantageous to be so white.

And, when MSBNC was pushed to the wall with sociocultural/demographic change and had an open prominent timeslot that screamed "Are you going to fill this with another white host?", they sort-of over-corrected in a way with a lacking-in-substance, performative blackness, faux-progressive who could substitute 'wakanda forever' gestures instead of drawing upon an actual professional history of understanding politics, history, and race--both in lived experience AND professionally/academically.

Joy Reid was more prominent. But here's another black woman on their payroll who could have taken that timeslot: Maya Wiley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 6, 2021 3:14 PM

How about offering Richard Lui and Jose Diaz Villard(sp) anchor desks, the latter is doing an exemplary job covering for the vacationing Craig Melvin.

On another note, for a start, MSNBC has two too-many Eugenes; time to vote Robinson and Daniels off the isle.

by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote] Jose Diaz Villard(sp) anchor desks, the latter is doing an exemplary job covering for the vacationing Craig Melvin.

It's Jose-Diaz Balart. He's the main anchor for Telemundo and anchors NBC Nightly News on Saturdays. He already has a full plate.

by Anonymousreply 34August 6, 2021 6:26 PM

Is anyone "on fire" today?

Rofl.

Or do all the A-list anchors have the month of August off?

by Anonymousreply 35August 6, 2021 6:46 PM

I think a shirtless Morgan Chesky deserves a show.

by Anonymousreply 36August 6, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote] I think a shirtless Morgan Chesky deserves a show.

Is this an institution of learning, or a teenage brothel?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 6, 2021 7:25 PM

I get tired of so much Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. He was great with that financial girl earlier in the day. Breaking up the team has diminished both parties.

by Anonymousreply 38August 6, 2021 7:42 PM

Nicolle Wallace just said she is still a registered Republican.

by Anonymousreply 39August 6, 2021 8:18 PM

I have friends who do it out of family tradition. You, know, Democrat haters from way back. Traditional Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2021 8:21 PM

You guys are missing Robert Mitchum day on TCM for the sake of a pretty girl with bad hair who's a registered Republican.

by Anonymousreply 41August 6, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote] Also Jacob Soboroff should get a show

I don't think he's about moving to NY or DC, but he'd be an excellent host/anchor. Where does Alex Witt do her show from - was it from the West Coast at one time?

by Anonymousreply 42August 6, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote] Where does Alex Witt do her show from

Either from her sewing room or her coffee klatsch.

by Anonymousreply 43August 6, 2021 9:14 PM

I guess all is forgiven cause Alexi McCammond is back on with Nicolle right now.

by Anonymousreply 44August 6, 2021 9:16 PM

I will never "trust" Nicolle Wallace and Steve Schmidt. Trust a Republican--including a "former Republican"--at your peril, Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 45August 6, 2021 9:16 PM

[quote] I guess all is forgiven cause Alexi McCammond is back on with Nicolle right now.

She didn't really do anything wrong.

Her "crime" was fucking a Biden Administration employee.

Big fucking deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 6, 2021 9:19 PM

Didn’t McCammond have an old questionable tweet resurface? I thought that’s why she went down.

by Anonymousreply 47August 6, 2021 9:24 PM

I thought Alexi's "crime" was hate-filled tweets when she was in college? No?

by Anonymousreply 48August 6, 2021 9:25 PM

Yeah it was largely a squad of Tiger Beat teens that took her out.

by Anonymousreply 49August 6, 2021 9:26 PM

Yeah, Nicole had that dumb bitch McCammond on. She tweeted a shitload of homophobic shit and insults about Asians. MSNBC must be desperate. I guess the fact she is 1/4 black means she can get away with anything.

by Anonymousreply 50August 6, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] Didn’t McCammond have an old questionable tweet resurface? I thought that’s why she went down.

[quote] Didn’t McCammond have an old questionable tweet resurface? I thought that’s why she went down.

It's a high-tech lynching!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 6, 2021 9:28 PM

Little bitch used to be a regular pundit on MSNBC despite the fact she never knew shit and all she had to offer was bitchy third-hand gossip from her ugly boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 52August 6, 2021 9:33 PM

I think you’re remembering Melissa Harris-Perry through rose colored glasses. She became really insufferable. It just hit me that MHP is who Meghan Markle reminds me of.

by Anonymousreply 53August 6, 2021 9:46 PM

R53 thankfully, I'd forgotten about her. The ultimate self-righteous bitch.

by Anonymousreply 54August 6, 2021 9:54 PM

Someone created a thread that said Ari Melber is hinting at Rachel Maddow being pregnant.

WTF???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 7, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote] I think you’re remembering Melissa Harris-Perry through rose colored glasses.

I never wore rothe colored glatheth!

(And the correct term is rose glasses of color.)

by Anonymousreply 56August 7, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote] Little bitch used to be a regular pundit on MSNBC despite the fact she never knew shit and all she had to offer was bitchy third-hand gossip from her ugly boyfriend.

And then she left to be the editor of Teen Vogue, until past racist and homophobic tweets caught up with her. It's hard to take seriously the political punditry of someone who was prepared to leave political journalism behind for Teen Vogue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 7, 2021 2:09 AM

Say what you want about Joy, but when she goes off on someone/something it is worth the price of admission!

by Anonymousreply 58August 7, 2021 2:18 AM

Didn’t Teen Vogue break some major news story before literally everyone else at some point? I think they’ve evolved from previously being a joke.

by Anonymousreply 59August 7, 2021 2:54 PM

Teen Vogue turned into the nec plus ultra of wokeness so they had to cancel a homophobic anti-Asian racist like Ms. 1/4 Black.

by Anonymousreply 60August 7, 2021 3:35 PM

Alexi McCammond is tangentially involved in a human trafficking ring.

by Anonymousreply 61August 7, 2021 4:12 PM

Alexi was literally engaged to her boyfriend for a minute before taking up with that Biden Press guy who had to resign.

Seems like Alexi may have cheated....

by Anonymousreply 62August 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Anything news worthy this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 63August 7, 2021 11:07 PM

The rate was so cute.

by Anonymousreply 64August 7, 2021 11:15 PM

Rachel returns!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]Rachel returns!

Thank God, no more Ali Veshti!

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2021 8:11 PM

Thankfully, a producer (or more powerful person) told Ayman Mohyeldin to chill the fuck out during his interview with Governor Cuomo's attorney this afternoon. Ayman was overly aggressive while questioning the woman, to the point of being offensive.

Send the jackass to Fox if he wants to display an obnoxious on-air manner.

by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2021 8:13 PM

I enjoyed Ayman's pressing of the Cuomo mouthpiece. If Tiffany Cross had done this, nobody would care. Joy would have pressed her and LAUGHED at her lame defense.

by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2021 8:21 PM

Any video of Ayman and his aggression?

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2021 8:50 PM

Don't bet the mortgage on Black women journalists jumping into this quagmire, R68. They may side with the plaintiffs for appearance-sake, but not without holding their noses.

by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2021 8:51 PM

r69

Not so bad on the rewatch.

And she is Cuomo's PERSONAL atty. Like Rudy for Cheetolini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2021 10:04 PM

ALL of these allegations are bogus. None of them could be considered sexual harrassment. The accusers are on the level of Tara Reade.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2021 10:19 PM

All of these accusations rise to the level of Al Franken resigning.

Time for the old Guappo to go.

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2021 10:33 PM

Oh God! Joy looks like a Three Ring Circus with that Hair, that Dress and that backlit Purple Lipstick! Girl needs a new personal assistant!

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2021 11:03 PM

Lawrence seems like the middle-aged version of Chad Allen from Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2021 11:10 PM

What exactly did Al Franken do, 73?

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Rachel's back, claimed it was the first time in her life that she have ever taken two weeks of vacation in a row.

by Anonymousreply 77August 10, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote] Rachel's back, claimed it was the first time in her life that she have ever taken two weeks of vacation in a row.

Sure, Jan.

Based on what I've seen this Summer, I'd be shocked if Rachel wasn't considered a part-time worker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 10, 2021 1:43 AM

I have a crush on Alexander Vindman.

by Anonymousreply 79August 10, 2021 2:19 AM

And I have a crush on Neal Katyal. He looks like he'd be so much fun in bed.

by Anonymousreply 80August 10, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote] Rachel's back, claimed it was the first time in her life that she have ever taken two weeks of vacation in a row.

Can you see her baby bump yet?

by Anonymousreply 81August 10, 2021 3:23 AM

I wonder what kind of "work" she had done?

by Anonymousreply 82August 10, 2021 3:24 AM

Rachel needs to shut the fuck up about “How dare important news happen while I’m on vacation?” How many times did she make that point tonight? Far more often than a casual joke would permit. IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU.

by Anonymousreply 83August 10, 2021 3:38 AM

Rachel complains when important news happens while she's on vacation. But then, when important news happens when she's working, she complains that "we had to scrap what we had planned tonight and redo the whole show." She's never happy.

by Anonymousreply 84August 10, 2021 3:45 AM

Love Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 85August 10, 2021 4:22 AM

She’s never happy and it’s too much about her.

by Anonymousreply 86August 10, 2021 4:35 AM

so glad Rachel is back

but of course Lawrence who seems to be off more than her is now on vacation again

by Anonymousreply 87August 10, 2021 5:08 AM

[quote] What exactly did Al Franken do, 73?

He listened to Gillibrand and the #meetoo squad and resigned without the investigation he deserved. It was a political hit job orchestrated by Roger Stone. And gullible purist Dems fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 88August 10, 2021 9:55 AM

Negative Republican Turd Jake Sherman 💩

by Anonymousreply 89August 10, 2021 10:24 AM

[quote]She's never happy.

A description that applies to about 90% of the people on DL.

by Anonymousreply 90August 10, 2021 11:11 AM

Why no talk of Andrew Sullivan filibustering on Eleventh Hour while Brian Williams went to the bathroom or something.

Sullivan was so offensive.

by Anonymousreply 91August 10, 2021 11:58 AM

Sullivan was hawking his new book (though it looks to be a collection of old essays) so I guess we'll be seeing a lot of him now. He looked very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2021 1:03 PM

Old Milkers pontificating a mile a minute in extreme closeup on Brian Williams last night.

by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2021 1:06 PM

I would not use the word handsome to describe Milky Loads' look.

by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2021 1:08 PM

I wonder if Milky and his husband are still on a “break.”

by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2021 1:13 PM

[quote] She’s never happy and it’s too much about her.

Oh my god it's tongue in cheek humor, you miserable freak

by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2021 3:02 PM

Why won't Willie Geist let me blow him???

by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2021 3:09 PM

I think he might, R97.

He seems like he would be open to it.

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote] Oh my god it's tongue in cheek humor, you miserable freak

oh, it’s so funny to tell the same joke 8 times an hour every night.

by Anonymousreply 99August 10, 2021 3:50 PM

Did Rachel announce when her baby is due?

by Anonymousreply 100August 10, 2021 6:27 PM

[quote] I would not use the word handsome

I passed him on the street in Provincetown, he was walking his dogs. He nodded pleasantly enough. I was impressed by how athletic and fit he looked.

by Anonymousreply 101August 10, 2021 9:36 PM

can't stand Sullivan

by Anonymousreply 102August 10, 2021 10:21 PM

Joy Reid just had Ronan Farrow on - and next - Pete Buttigieg!

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2021 11:22 PM

Joy loves her gays!

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2021 11:30 PM

I think the guy talking on the News Hour (PBS) just said having a no mask section of school is like having a no peeing section of a pool.

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2021 11:37 PM

lol 2 nights in a row Mehdi is waiting and making a hopeful face that Rachel will have a long banter session with him during the handoff but she just wants to get to her show and dismisses him

by Anonymousreply 106August 11, 2021 1:01 AM

Rachel is absolutely orgasmic talking about soon to be new New York Governor Kathy Hochul while be able to bash a bunch of bad men.

by Anonymousreply 107August 11, 2021 1:29 AM

R107 can't say as I blame her. I didn't realize Hochul's political rise followed 3 different male scumbags

by Anonymousreply 108August 11, 2021 1:39 AM

Did anyone catch San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg on with Rachel tonight? Woah. Talk about 'big dick energy.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 11, 2021 2:03 AM

the San Antonio mayor is hot as fuck

by Anonymousreply 110August 11, 2021 2:32 AM

I missed the first several minutes of Rachel Maddow's show, but I got her point that NY has had a history of being run by men who behaved badly. One of those was Eliot Spitzer, who resigned as Gov. when it was discovered that he had been hiring prostitutes. I realize that prostitution is a crime in NY and a Gov. who's a criminal probably can't remain in office. But my sense of morality isn't outraged (or even slightly disturbed) by that particular crime, especially compared to Cuomo's alleged sexual harassment of NY's female employees. If Cuomo had satisfied his urges with professional sex-workers instead of imposing upon the women at work, wouldn't everyone have been better off?

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2021 3:40 AM

Lol R110.

I googled him and thought, meh.

Then I started seeing more pics of him and I was like, oooooohhhh.

Here's one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2021 4:45 AM

Buff Bro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2021 4:46 AM

And gay friendly...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2021 4:47 AM

Will Morning Joe be giving any "Breaking News" on the Matt Gaetz story?

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2021 8:16 AM

Nirenberg is an interesting mix of Ashkenazi Jew and Filipino-South Asian.

He's the face of a changing America that Deplorables fear and loathe.

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2021 11:44 AM

[quote] [R107] can't say as I blame her. I didn't realize Hochul's political rise followed 3 different male scumbags

Monday Rachel was almost apoplectic over all the news that happened while she was on vacation. Tuesday she was down right giddy reporting on all the bad men in elected office, Those are some wild mood swings.

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2021 1:31 PM

Morning Joe had Andrew Sullivan on at the end of the program.

It was hilarious because Andrew was ranting about this and that, and ended his segment complaining about Wokeness and SJW's.

Then Morning Joe segued right into a story about some big concert for "The Global Citizen," broadcasting from all over the world: Lagos, Nigeria; South America; etc.

It couldn't be a more WOKE story, if they tried.

It was hilarious to see the contrast between Andrew Sullivan and The Global Citizen concert. So ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2021 1:36 PM

On Morning Joe, Willie Geist interviewed the Superintendent of a Florida school district that's facing de-funding from DeSantis.

Love this lady. She's awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2021 8:03 PM

If Matthew Dowd weren't allowed to use the word "fundamental" in any form, he might not be able to speak at all.

Nicolle Wallace's hair looks better today. I don't care for that style but at least it looks healthy for a change.

by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2021 8:19 PM

Nicolle looks great today.

by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2021 8:50 PM

R119 I love that her name is Carlee Simon.

by Anonymousreply 122August 11, 2021 8:51 PM

R121, I came here just to say that exact thing, hair is awesome, make up much improved, she can't have done that herself, can she? Is she in studio instead of the basement today?

by Anonymousreply 123August 11, 2021 8:52 PM

Holy Shit! Nicole is botoxed and filled and looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 124August 11, 2021 9:00 PM

R124, it looks freshly done. Give it time to settle. However, the only part of her face that looks untouched is her chin.

by Anonymousreply 125August 11, 2021 9:11 PM

Nicolle called in Melania's makeup team.

by Anonymousreply 126August 11, 2021 10:00 PM

She's so shiny.

by Anonymousreply 127August 11, 2021 11:58 PM

Are those new kidneys?

by Anonymousreply 128August 12, 2021 12:20 AM

I wonder if she's recently been prescribed Prednisone?

by Anonymousreply 129August 12, 2021 12:26 AM

Nicolle looked her best ever today. Definitely a professional make-up artist was used. Hair had volume, was shiny and styled. Extensions? Subtle highlights? Whatever...keep it up.

by Anonymousreply 130August 12, 2021 4:24 AM

She obviously reads Datalounge, R130.

by Anonymousreply 131August 12, 2021 5:38 AM

Rachel looked fine tonight.

by Anonymousreply 132August 12, 2021 5:54 AM

Joy looked awful

by Anonymousreply 133August 12, 2021 7:32 AM

Glad to see Kasie Hunt move on to another station, especially CNN since I don't watch that station. Katie was a good correspondent but IMHO, she sucked at hosting.

by Anonymousreply 134August 12, 2021 8:17 AM

I've always crushed on Michael Schmidt. He's got a flat delivery and teeny-tiny teeth, but he's prepared, articulate and insightful. Is he still dating Nicolle Wallace? One story I read stated that he had a daughter, but most stories never mention a daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 12, 2021 8:27 AM

[quote] I've always crushed on Michael Schmidt. He's got a flat delivery

He is smart, and I guess he has a certain odd appeal. But everything about him is flat and devoid of warmth or personality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 12, 2021 8:37 AM

[quote]Nicolle looked her best ever today. Definitely a professional make-up artist was used. Hair had volume, was shiny and styled. Extensions? Subtle highlights? Whatever...keep it up.

No she looked terrible, and I like her and watch everyday.

by Anonymousreply 137August 12, 2021 9:17 AM

I don't like Nicolle with long hair, though I assume they're extensions. She looks much better with shorter hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 12, 2021 10:21 AM

Even shorter is even better, R138.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 12, 2021 12:52 PM

Nicolle was giving off Bo Derek vibes Yesterday.

Good investments all around.

by Anonymousreply 140August 12, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote] I've always crushed on Michael Schmidt. He's got a flat delivery

Back off, bitch! He's mine!

by Anonymousreply 141August 12, 2021 5:42 PM

Why doesn't Mike buy some books to fill those shelves?

by Anonymousreply 142August 12, 2021 5:51 PM

Mike needs new teeth. But he's cute.

by Anonymousreply 143August 12, 2021 6:01 PM

I have what I call “thick-dar” and I can just tell that Mike Schmidt is hung thick (and hairy).

by Anonymousreply 144August 12, 2021 6:13 PM

Rachel in contract talks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 12, 2021 7:05 PM

Oh no, imagine if MSNBC lost Rach!

by Anonymousreply 146August 12, 2021 7:09 PM

If Rachel were to leave, who do we think would get that much-coveted 9pm timeslot? Brian Williams? Chris Hayes? Lawrence? Joy just got 7pm, so I don't think they'd move her there this soon. Maybe Nicolle? Or could it prove to be the perfect launching pad for Claire McCaskill and her baked goods along with some politics on the side?

by Anonymousreply 147August 12, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote] If Rachel were to leave, who do we think would get that much-coveted 9pm timeslot?

Vaughn.

by Anonymousreply 148August 12, 2021 7:13 PM

"she is considering leaving to start her own media platform in the streaming video or podcast space."

That would be great. No more ad breaks and more time to speak.

by Anonymousreply 149August 12, 2021 7:27 PM

Imagine how much she’s repeat herself with no time constraints.

by Anonymousreply 150August 12, 2021 7:32 PM

[quote] Why doesn't Mike buy some books to fill those shelves?

R142, Schmidt is on some sort of dispute with RoomRaters, I don't remember the full story and couldn't find it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 12, 2021 7:48 PM

Well, at least it's nice to know he has a sense of humor, something you'd never think watching him on TV.

by Anonymousreply 152August 12, 2021 7:50 PM

Rachel was born for the podcast medium. She can read all the transcripts and journalism she wants, she doesn't have to get "dressy", and she doesn't need guests (who, in any case, usually only get 2-3 minutes at the tail end of her MSNBC show, unless they are hot female "gets").

by Anonymousreply 153August 12, 2021 7:53 PM

R148 = Vaughn.

by Anonymousreply 154August 12, 2021 8:01 PM

Some I found interesting, there is a 12 year age difference between Nicolle Wallace and Michael Schmidt, Nicolle is 49, Schmidt is 37. Not making a judgement on it, just found it interesting, that isn't something you find very often.

by Anonymousreply 155August 12, 2021 8:07 PM

Nicolle is back to her usual dowdy plain image today after yesterdays 'Glamor Shot' - was that really her yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 156August 12, 2021 8:11 PM

I told you all that Rachel stopped giving a shit. That's why I keep calling her an MSNBC "part-timer."

She's hardly there any more.

The longer contract negotiations play out, the more bad blood there will be between both Rachel and MSNBC.

I'm starting to think that she really is not going to be with the network, once her contract ends.

But you know what? There are a lot of fish in the sea.

There's always another up-and-coming Rachel Maddow, who is younger and willing to work for less money.

She's not irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 157August 12, 2021 8:12 PM

Nicolle will get Rahc’s slot!

by Anonymousreply 158August 12, 2021 8:26 PM

Nicolle doesn’t want to work nights.

by Anonymousreply 159August 12, 2021 8:42 PM

Rachel is 48 years old Nicolle is 49, not sure why any of you are thinking Rachel is retiring and Nicolle is taking her slot.

by Anonymousreply 160August 12, 2021 8:46 PM

They need to go ahead and get Rachel replaced. Ali Velshi is now screaming at the audience. He's had it. His frustration is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 161August 12, 2021 8:50 PM

Joy to Rachel's slot and Zerlina moves from Peacock to weekend MSNBC and Tiffany moves to Joy's slot.

by Anonymousreply 162August 12, 2021 9:31 PM

R160, see article at R145. Rachel is in contract negotiations and considering leaving the network.

by Anonymousreply 163August 12, 2021 9:33 PM

It's possible Rachel is looking to leave because she knows some sex pest allegations involving her are about to drop.

by Anonymousreply 164August 12, 2021 9:33 PM

[quote]Why doesn't Mike buy some books to fill those shelves?

He's broadcast from another room with empty shelves too. Maybe Aspergers , no clutter, perhaps?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 12, 2021 9:37 PM

If Rachel is in negotiations, Lester Holt or Chuckie Todd are leaving...

by Anonymousreply 166August 12, 2021 10:01 PM

They might just put Brian Williams into the Prime Time slot.

He IS the former anchor of NBC Nightly News.

Who knows? This could have been in the works from the very beginning, when they first re-hired him at MSNBC.

The big brass really seem to love him.

by Anonymousreply 167August 12, 2021 10:06 PM

Rachel's wife must be in her 70s by now. No wonder she wants to spend more time with her before she passes.

by Anonymousreply 168August 12, 2021 10:08 PM

Mike is probably moving and the books are packed.

by Anonymousreply 169August 12, 2021 10:26 PM

TV hosts and anchors always say they're ready to leave or considering other options whenever they're in contract negotiations. Lawrence O'Donnell did the same thing 4 years ago (see link). They want to scare the network into ponying up more money. NBC/MSNBC can be stingy (they let Kasie Hunt leave instead of trying to match CNN's offer), but I doubt they want to lose Rachel. She's the one host that MSNBC would go to great lengths and great expense to keep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 12, 2021 10:33 PM

Andrew Cuomo needs a job, he can take the 9:00 spot and go up against his brother!

by Anonymousreply 171August 12, 2021 10:50 PM

IF you were wanting to leave why would you be in contract negotiations, if you are negotiating then you want to stay. Claiming you might leave is just a tactic to get more money. If you want to leave you leave not go into contract negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 172August 12, 2021 11:57 PM

R166 - didn't Lester Holt just sign a 4-year deal with NBC?

by Anonymousreply 173August 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Maddow time!

by Anonymousreply 174August 13, 2021 1:03 AM

The Daily Beast is on the Rachel story.

They're saying she is "seriously considering" leaving MSNBC.

Looks like she's out the door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 13, 2021 1:58 AM

I wish she'd go.

by Anonymousreply 176August 13, 2021 4:00 AM

They always say they're "seriously considering leaving" whenever they're in contract negotiations. When all is said and done, Maddow will end up with a nice new contract and gush about how happy she is to continue working at MSNBC. She's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 177August 13, 2021 6:42 AM

It’s press for Maddow!

by Anonymousreply 178August 13, 2021 6:44 AM

Just film it, R97!

by Anonymousreply 179August 13, 2021 7:29 AM

You just know it's crossed Joe Scarborough's Gumby-Hair topped mind to wonder if he wants Rachel's show time.

"MJ" is a hit, of course, but still. Besides, it's well known he and Rachel can't stand each other. He probably sees himself as the ratings equal to Carlson, Cuomo.

Plus, it would give him and Mika separate time away from each other.

by Anonymousreply 180August 13, 2021 10:51 AM

If Rachel left I'd give her time slot to Brian Williams. Very different vibe but totally appropriate to 9 PM.

by Anonymousreply 181August 13, 2021 12:50 PM

I agree, R181. I like Brian's show, but it is too late for me to see very often.

by Anonymousreply 182August 13, 2021 12:51 PM

"She's not going anywhere."

That may apply to someone B-list of C-list like Alex Witt and Richard Lui but Rachel is A-List. The world is her oyster--does she want to do TV specials? Start her own online news organization? Podcasts? All of the above?

I believe her when she says she's tired of doing her nightly show which requires many long hours of hard work. Maybe her partner wants a baby. I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel wanted to transition to be more of an Oprah figure where she gets to report on what she wants, when she wants, how she wants. She's very, very popular and the audience will follow her (she knows this and MSNBC knows this).

by Anonymousreply 183August 13, 2021 2:03 PM

On a John Heilmann podcast several weeks ago, Nicolle alluded to her being at home with her kid and Mike working in another room. Think she lives in CT, but does she also have a place in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 184August 13, 2021 2:40 PM

Maddow said many times that she'll do this job "for as long as they have her" so I can't see her leaving, unless the COVID episode with her partner getting a bad case of it made her rethink her life. Her partner is 63. Maybe she wants a change of pace. She said on Stern that as much as she loves her work she's physically "unhealthy" because of the stress.

If you think about it, after the many years she's been doing this show, still literally running to her set 10 seconds before airtime sounds a bit much. She said it's hard for her staff to keep working for her in the long run because of the chaos.

I agree that a (video) podcast would be excellent for her style.

by Anonymousreply 185August 13, 2021 3:14 PM

Unless you hear it from Rachel herself, it’s just contract negotiation noise.

by Anonymousreply 186August 13, 2021 3:26 PM

I can't wait until Brian Williams gets Rachel's time slot.

I always liked him better, any way.

by Anonymousreply 187August 13, 2021 4:02 PM

Rachel has had it up to here with people making news when she's on vacation or not working that day!

by Anonymousreply 188August 13, 2021 4:33 PM

Rachel also is fed up with always having to DESTROY that day's show when something more important happens that evening before air time!

by Anonymousreply 189August 13, 2021 4:36 PM

Rachel is also annoyed when there is too much news to fit into one show after the 20-minute introduction that builds up to her first guest.

by Anonymousreply 190August 13, 2021 5:45 PM

You can’t rush the news. You have to savor it.

by Anonymousreply 191August 13, 2021 5:51 PM

Immediately followed up, R190, by asking them if she was right or if she misstated anything, all the while knowing the answers but wanting the approval so, so desperately.

by Anonymousreply 192August 13, 2021 5:53 PM

^^^Honestly, that is really annoying when she does that.

by Anonymousreply 193August 13, 2021 6:06 PM

Rachel does excellent investigative pieces (though she repeats everything she says to the point it's obnoxious) but she can't interview people for shit. She just fawns. She'd be better off doing regular investigative reports.

MSNBC's got problems. Nicolle Wallace is the only one I regularly watch. Joy Reid was OK on weekends, but she does nothing but scream now, berating Privileged White People. She's exhausting. Chris Hayes is an annoying BernieBro, Lawrence appears to be on his last legs. Brian Williams is at least witty. They should have fired Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell a decade ago. Ari Melber aka Nerdy Rapper Guy Friend - is embarrassingly pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 194August 13, 2021 6:08 PM

I used to really like Ari Velshi when he was on with Stephanie Ruhl. But during the Democratic primary, he was as obnoxiously biased as Hayes, constantly pushing Sanders and Warren and making snide comments about everybody else. He even got into fights on twitter with people about it, blocking people who disagreed with him. Big ego, bad temper.

by Anonymousreply 195August 13, 2021 6:12 PM

Rachel's not going anywhere. She's going to negotiate significantly more time off and more money, both of which are well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 196August 13, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote] literally running to her set 10 seconds before airtime sounds a bit much. She said it's hard for her staff to keep working for her in the long run because of the chaos.

Mary!

Her show is no more "chaotic" than any of the dozens of other news show on the air. If Walter Cronkite could go on the air live when Kennedy and MLK were assassinated, and Dan Rather could stay on the air for 18 straight hours on 9/11, Rachel and her crew ought to be able to deal with late-breaking court documents. If the atmosphere at MSNBC is truly that chaotic, it's probably because Comcast isn't willing to invest enough money and hire a large enough staff to keep things running smoothly.

by Anonymousreply 197August 13, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote] Immediately followed up, [R190], by asking them if she was right or if she misstated anything, all the while knowing the answers but wanting the approval so, so desperately.

I wonder what Rachel would do if one of her guests were to respond, "Rachel, you got it all wrong. You misstated everything."

by Anonymousreply 198August 13, 2021 6:38 PM

Just for fun, I present Chris Hayes' post-vaccination dance:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 13, 2021 6:39 PM

R195: Ari, Ali: let's call the whole off.

by Anonymousreply 200August 13, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote] Rachel's not going anywhere. She's going to negotiate significantly more time off and more money, both of which are well deserved.

I wonder what Rachel Maddow does with her money. She's been making a lot of it for a while now and she doesn't seem to be interested in any of life's expensive luxuries (not jewelry or fashion, no gambling or other vices, no time to travel). She doesn't have children -- her parents and whatever other family she has are probably already well-provided for (assuming she wants to do that). Her partner is older than she is, so providing for her pretty much means paying for good long-term care insurance. There must be charitable and/or political and/or artistic causes that she wants to support -- does she make huge contributions to those?

by Anonymousreply 201August 13, 2021 6:46 PM

R201 she strikes me as being stingy

by Anonymousreply 202August 13, 2021 7:09 PM

R202, I'd say frugal. But that just means that she's got a lot of money because she doesn't spend lavishly -- so the question remains: what does she do with it? Invest? Donate to charities? Bury it in the backyard?

by Anonymousreply 203August 13, 2021 7:17 PM

I think R194 has perfectly stated things.

by Anonymousreply 204August 13, 2021 7:19 PM

They would absolutely give it to Brian if Rachel left. But that would mean a promotion for someone else.

Maybe Capehart gets a M-F show?

by Anonymousreply 205August 13, 2021 7:58 PM

R205 gawd, I hope they don't give it to Tiffany Cross. Her screeching voice gives me hives.

by Anonymousreply 206August 13, 2021 8:08 PM

R199, I'd slip a few dollars in his g-string

by Anonymousreply 207August 13, 2021 8:14 PM

Nicole must have a case if the guilt, she's very upset about the Taliban taking over Afghanistan and Biden not doing anything.. SHE was part of the Bush administration that started this all.

by Anonymousreply 208August 13, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote] Rachel has had it up to here with people making news when she's on vacation or not working that day!

Like Roxane Gay, she's EXHAUSTED!

by Anonymousreply 209August 13, 2021 9:33 PM

Afghanistan was and is a Republican problem.

And WTF is wrong with the Afghani nationals not fighting for their country but surrendering to the Taliban?

Why did we send Afghani girls to school rather than to basic training? THEY want to fight for their freedoms.

by Anonymousreply 210August 13, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote] but she can't interview people for shit.

Watch Maddow interview Lev Parnas - it's on youtube. She is masterful. His attorney is completely mesmerized. and also probably high on ganja.

by Anonymousreply 211August 13, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote]Just for fun, I present Chris Hayes' post-vaccination dance:

That was so not embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 212August 13, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote] Rachel's wife must be in her 70s by now. No wonder she wants to spend more time with her before she passes.

by Anonymousreply 213August 13, 2021 10:00 PM

Rofl R213.

63 isn't even that OLD!!!!

People here are making like Rachel's wife is in her 90's.

I was imagining some gray haired old lady with a walker.

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 214August 13, 2021 10:05 PM

Her show is no more "chaotic" than any of the dozens of other news show on the air. If Walter Cronkite could go on the air live when Kennedy and MLK were assassinated, and Dan Rather could stay on the air for 18 straight hours on 9/11, Rachel and her crew ought to be able to deal with late-breaking court documents. If the atmosphere at MSNBC is truly that chaotic, it's probably because Comcast isn't willing to invest enough money and hire a large enough staff to keep things running smoothly.

And don't forget that Steve Kornacki was able to take over hosting a show just minutes after Chris Matthews quit live on the air. There's no excuse for Rachel's set to be so chaotic and her difficulty dealing with breaking news during her hour.

by Anonymousreply 215August 13, 2021 10:56 PM

[quote]I wonder what Rachel Maddow does with her money. She's been making a lot of it for a while now and she doesn't seem to be interested in any of life's expensive luxuries (not jewelry or fashion, no gambling or other vices, no time to travel).I wonder what Rachel Maddow does with her money. She's been making a lot of it for a while now and she doesn't seem to be interested in any of life's expensive luxuries (not jewelry or fashion, no gambling or other vices, no time to travel).

Well, she seems to like vacationing literally IN some river in Tennessee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 13, 2021 11:01 PM

But that doesn't look expensive, R216 -- even if she did it lots more often than she does.

by Anonymousreply 217August 13, 2021 11:11 PM

Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] I can't wait until Brian Williams gets Rachel's time slot.

"Slot" is largely irrelevant when you watch on-demand. Let Brian, Rachel and a million flowers bloom. Even Ali Velshi.

by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2021 6:25 AM

R184, Nicolle must live on a farm, or at least in the country, because a ROOSTER started crowing in the middle of her show today, to her great embarrassment and profound apology to her guests.

by Anonymousreply 220August 14, 2021 7:00 AM

That was Mike Schmidt and a rooster having a tug-a-war over a black sweater, R220.

by Anonymousreply 221August 14, 2021 7:08 AM

Nick Confessore is pretty handsome. Nicolle, please have him on more often!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 14, 2021 7:09 AM

[quote]Nicolle must live on a farm, or at least in the country, because a ROOSTER started crowing in the middle of her show today, to her great embarrassment and profound apology to her guests.

I thought she was in a basement in a town house in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 223August 14, 2021 9:30 AM

Rachel vacations like a blue-collar dude.

by Anonymousreply 224August 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Nicolle has often referred to her rooster. Isn't it possible to have two homes when you're successful?

by Anonymousreply 225August 14, 2021 4:22 PM

Those eyeglass frames in r175's pic are $300 for a start. Moscot Telena.

by Anonymousreply 226August 14, 2021 5:49 PM

I wish MSNBC would give Garrett Haake his own show but they never will because he's a white male. Love Garrett.

by Anonymousreply 227August 14, 2021 8:44 PM

[quote] I wish MSNBC would give Garrett Haake his own show but they never will because he's a white male. Love Garrett.

Garrett's been doing a good job filling in for Katy Tur in the afternoons. I could see him being a big-time anchor for NBC News at some point in the future.

by Anonymousreply 228August 14, 2021 8:53 PM

Who's the handsome guy filling in for Yasmin Vessoughian on MSNBC reports?

His name is Joe something...

He's very cute and dresses well. And Vaughn was on the show reporting, as well!

by Anonymousreply 229August 14, 2021 9:27 PM

Garrett came to prominence covering Beto O'Rourke in the 2018 Senate race. He's from Texas and like Beto, he's 6'4". They were cute together and became friends.

Nicolle Wallace really likes Garrett. I hope she'll push him at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 230August 14, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote]Who's the handsome guy filling in for Yasmin Vessoughian on MSNBC reports? His name is Joe something... He's very cute and dresses well. And Vaughn was on the show reporting, as well!

His name is Joe Fryer, and he is an out gay man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 14, 2021 9:58 PM

Nicole's show is nothing but a bitch fest now with the same talking heads who have no solutions. She doesn't have on actual politicians like Manchin to ask them what the fuck are they doing.

by Anonymousreply 232August 14, 2021 10:08 PM

Why does John Heileman have to say “Hi, Nicolle” and have a little moment with her every time he’s on her show. Because of the Zoom delay, there’s always this time-wasting lag. It’s annoying. Yes, we know you’re friends and she was a major character in “Game Change.”

by Anonymousreply 233August 14, 2021 10:36 PM

Joe Fryer has been on Today with increasing frequency. I was surprised to see him covering on MSNBC this afternoon. He's good, very likeable!

by Anonymousreply 234August 14, 2021 10:38 PM

Nicole really needs to drop out of the Republican Party if she expects to maintain any credibility on an anti-Trump network like MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 235August 14, 2021 10:39 PM

Nicolle also needs to get the fuck back in the studio, back to the table.

by Anonymousreply 236August 14, 2021 10:59 PM

Nicolle Wallace needs hair and makeup, especially hair.

by Anonymousreply 237August 14, 2021 11:13 PM

Lawrence O'Donnell remains my favorite of the entire MSNBC primetime lineup.

by Anonymousreply 238August 14, 2021 11:16 PM

Thanks, R231!!

I now have a new MSNBC personality to obsess over. Lol.

Although, he IS taken. Boo.

His boyfriend is cute. And short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 14, 2021 11:44 PM

They're an adorable couple.

Are they married? Or still just boyfriends?

There's a ton of pictures of them together, when you do a search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240August 14, 2021 11:45 PM

Joe got to interview Madonna for the today show.

He's so cute. He even wore a special coat, just for the interview!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2021 11:46 PM

[quote] Nicole really needs to drop out of the Republican Party if she expects to maintain any credibility on an anti-Trump network like MSNBC.

She has stated numerous times she's not a Republican anymore, Michael Steele, a black guy is still in it.

by Anonymousreply 242August 15, 2021 1:16 AM

The other day I think she mentioned that she hasn’t changed parties yet. I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 243August 15, 2021 1:30 AM

Nicolle stated she was still a registered Republican, not that she voted Republican. She repeatedly stated on her show before the election she would vote for whomever the Democrats nominated.

by Anonymousreply 244August 15, 2021 1:42 AM

Heilmann does that little interruption with almost every person he's being interviewed by on-air. It's an odd quirk. He and Nicolle also share Northwestern as an alma mater.

by Anonymousreply 245August 15, 2021 11:41 AM

Dr. Vin Gupta is another contributor who can't make a statement before saying hello and thanking the host.

by Anonymousreply 246August 15, 2021 12:25 PM

Are there photos of a young John Heilmann out there with hair? I've looked but haven't found any.

by Anonymousreply 247August 15, 2021 12:26 PM

One thing we have to consider also folks, is if these people also WANT the job.

Posters up thread were saying give Garrett Haake the job, but does he WANT it?

We all can see clearly Lemire does NOT want to host…

by Anonymousreply 248August 15, 2021 1:54 PM

Would someone happen to have the link to Nicolle’s segment regarding the troop withdrawal this week? I’m not on Twitter but I’ll take the link.

And yes, she does need to get her ass back in the studio. It’s less annoying when they socialize in person. Zoom delays are annoying. BRING BACK THE ROUNDTABLE! 🗣🗣🗣

by Anonymousreply 249August 15, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote] Posters up thread were saying give Garrett Haake the job, but does he WANT it?

Garrett is a rising star at NBC/MSNBC, and I think he did some anchoring back when he was at a TV station in Kansas City. I'll bet he'd gladly accept an anchoring job.

by Anonymousreply 250August 15, 2021 4:19 PM

Love Garrett but I'm not sure sticking him behind a desk to read off a prompter is where his talents lie at this point in his career. I'd much rather see him roving the Capitol and other locations interviewing whoever's at hand. He can anchor in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 251August 15, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote] Love Garrett but I'm not sure sticking him behind a desk to read off a prompter is where his talents lie at this point in his career.

Most of the daytime anchors on MSNBC continue to report. Kasie Hunt continued to do reporting while anchoring "Kasie DC" and later "Way Too Early." Stephanie Ruhle, Hallie Jackson and Andrea Mitchell all continue to report while anchoring for an hour on MSNBC. There's no reason that Garrett can't combine both.

by Anonymousreply 252August 15, 2021 5:18 PM

OMG...they bring Andrea Mitchell on to report on crisis in Afghanistan and the stupid dinosaur couldn't manage the zoom and microphone. She disconnected herself and they had to cut to someone else. When they went back to her, she could only handle a phone interview. Is MSNBC that afraid of an age discrimination lawsuit if they retire this woman?

by Anonymousreply 253August 15, 2021 6:02 PM

R253 Mitchell aka Mrs. Alan Greenspan, is a Republican bitch. Her little lap dog is college dropout Chuck Todd. She can't string together 5 words into a sentence anymore. And her whole reason for being - hating Hillary - is no longer relevant to Hillary-hating BernieBros at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 254August 15, 2021 6:09 PM

I caught that, R253. It was hilarious.

They broke away from Andrea, then cut to Ali Vitale who TOTALLY stole all of Andrea's reporting.

I think that Andrea was doing Jonathan Capehart a favor by appearing on his show, so he had to abruptly cut off Ali Vitale and then go back to Andrea. Poor lady, I feel bad for her. She was probably at home, and got all discombobulated with the technical stuff.

Btw, Jonathan did a great show today. He has some great guests on, considering it's a weekend show.

by Anonymousreply 255August 15, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] Poor lady, I feel bad for her. She was probably at home, and got all discombobulated with the technical stuff.

Andrea is old as dirt and starting to lose it. But in fairness to her, she has a pretty elaborate set-up when she broadcasts from home. She's not exactly a Luddite. With all her years in broadcasting, she's probably not as technically inept as you might think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 15, 2021 7:17 PM

That's such a cool setup, R256!

Greenspan even has on his Apple watch. Not bad for two old farts.

I was studying the photo in detail, because there's so much going on.

No wonder Andrea had such good lighting when she was on air with Jonathan. Her setup at home is pretty much an in-studio setup.

The lights, the computerized camera control console, the screen with the White House in the background, and they must have a sophisticated sound system as well.

I also love Andrea with her sneakers on.

But what is with all the quilts on the floor and covering the furniture?? How weird.

by Anonymousreply 257August 15, 2021 7:57 PM

The quilts are covering the original hardwood floors, protecting them from scratches from the equipment. Makes total sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 258August 15, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote]But what is with all the quilts on the floor and covering the furniture?? How weird.

The quilts protect the furniture and floors from Andrea’s incontinence episodes.

by Anonymousreply 259August 15, 2021 8:43 PM

It's a wonder Andrea doesn’t get knocked off the air more often with her 95 year old husband at the controls.

by Anonymousreply 260August 15, 2021 8:46 PM

Andrea (and maybe Rachel and Joe Scarborough) are probably the only ones who can afford a very expensive studio set up like that.

Andrea and Greenspan much be worth hundreds of millions.

by Anonymousreply 261August 15, 2021 9:04 PM

[quote] Andrea (and maybe Rachel and Joe Scarborough) are probably the only ones who can afford a very expensive studio set up like that.

I would assume MSNBC (Comcast) pays for it and probably installed it, at least for their main anchors/hosts.

by Anonymousreply 262August 15, 2021 9:07 PM

Who the fuck is this guy on MSNBC right now? Looks like a black Liberace.

by Anonymousreply 263August 15, 2021 10:23 PM

That's BernieBro nutjob Anand somebody. He's not black, he's Indian. MSNBC really hitting the bottom of the barrel here.

by Anonymousreply 264August 15, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote]The quilts protect the furniture and floors from Andrea’s incontinence episodes.

Also helps muffle sound.

by Anonymousreply 265August 15, 2021 11:34 PM

Haven't seen Mitchell in a long time, I must not watch the right subset of MSNBC programming. Are her faculties noticeably failing? Lesley Stahl is another relic who gets a lot of shit, but from I've seen she still seems to be on it.

by Anonymousreply 266August 16, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote] That's BernieBro nutjob Anand somebody.

Heard him rant for 5 minutes about how it's systemic racism that people can't remember or be bothered to pronounce his multisyllable last name properly. GTFOY.

by Anonymousreply 267August 16, 2021 12:09 AM

Anand is a frequent guest on Morning Joe.

Joe really seems to like him, for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 268August 16, 2021 12:14 AM

Anand Giridharadas. Hard to pronounce and he's not even handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269August 16, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote] systemic racism that people can't remember or be bothered to pronounce his multisyllable last name properly. GTFOY.

I saw this as well. He's a delusional asshole.

by Anonymousreply 270August 16, 2021 1:10 AM

People like him make me appreciate the Ellis Island approach to immigrants' surnames. Welcome to America, Mr. Gird (rhymes with bird)!

by Anonymousreply 271August 16, 2021 1:17 AM

Mika and her Perils of Pauline hosting today - breathless damsel in distress. I know the Taliban is a serious topic but I couldn't help thinking WTF?

by Anonymousreply 272August 16, 2021 11:48 AM

Anand is brilliant. I can't pronounce his last name either but his critiques of American capitalism and race relations are right on.

It would devastate Andrea Mitchell if she were eased out. Her "A" list position is because she still commands air time at MSNBC, and, of course, her wealth and marriage to the enabler of the 2008 crash, Alan Greenspan

A couple of years ago, the NY Times published a a gossipy article on the the Kellyanne and George Conway marriage (thread about it should still be in the DL archive).

A tidbit was dropped about a party where Mitchell, Sally Quinn and Maureen Dowd were standing together. Kellyanne approached them. She threw a fit when Quinn remarked about, and asked about, her marriage.

I'd have sooner approached the Macbeth witches than that trio, but it revealed how Mitchell is an embedded wealthy Washington socialite who's stock in trade is her desk at MSNBC.

Unlike Barbara Walters, Mitchell will be allowed to die on-air, fumbling for the computer mouse.

by Anonymousreply 273August 16, 2021 1:02 PM

Mika is such a phony. Sighing and hamming it up on camera. She would be the first screaming banshee if we stayed in Afghanistan and a bomb killed many US citizens. She would be screaming to get out of that country. MSNBC needs to make Joe take his bitch with him whenever he is not going to be on air. And I'm sick of hearing Republican stooge Richard Haass always criticizing anything that goes against the Bushs' (papa and son).

by Anonymousreply 274August 16, 2021 1:42 PM

I love seeing Kevin Baron on MSNBC. What a hunk!

by Anonymousreply 275August 16, 2021 2:06 PM

Biden has 2 major fuck-ups so far: Afghanistan and prioritizing fucking infrastructure over voting rights.

by Anonymousreply 276August 16, 2021 2:11 PM

Yes R276, I agree. He worried more about his fucking roads and bridges than anything else. This debacle in Afghanistan will hurt him with veterans and independent moderates. His attention to voting rights has been an abomination. He soon forgot what group of voters got him elected. It is as if he is on a huge ego trip and is arrogant about anything other than his precious infrastructure. I think he has done huge damage to Dems in the 2022 elections. He needs to be humbled and get his shit together. I have been a big supporter of him but his actions or inactions lately are terrible. And MSNBC will go after him like he was Trump.

by Anonymousreply 277August 16, 2021 2:47 PM

I'm trying to imagine anybody voting for Biden because he got infrastructure passed. For fuck's sake. He's stuck in the 1980s. Gerrymandering's starting in all 50 states and the GOP holds many more state houses than the Dems do. They'll take the House with an enormous majority in 2022. We're fucked. The voter suppression bills will make Trump President again in 2024. I'm leaving this fucking country; the GOP are fascists but the Dems are incompetent..

by Anonymousreply 278August 16, 2021 2:52 PM

I agree that the Dems are acting really stupid, but that could have been predicted. They have never been able to get over themselves and spend valuable time arguing with each other. They will lose it all at this rate. I have been a Democrat longer than many of you guys have been alive and I have never been so disappointed and disgusted with the party. Sorry, maybe I'm just tired and out of patience. Watching Mika squirm around on her seat this morning sighing was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 279August 16, 2021 3:19 PM

[QUOTE] I think he has done huge damage to Dems in the 2022 elections.

Wrong, this country is literally falling apart & this bill got great support from people.

[quote]Afghanistan and prioritizing fucking infrastructure over voting rights.

Afghanistan is on Trump and they are working on voting rights but this administration aren't media whores who need to be on camera 24/7 to tell you what they are doing. They are working on Manchin and Sinema everyday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 16, 2021 3:31 PM

Our infrastructure is crumbling, and it is every bit as important as voting rights.

You won't need voting rights, if the bridge you're driving on COLLAPSES. Or the road you're driving on starts to buckle from our annual heat waves.

He could very well have gotten some very DIRE information on climate change, and he's trying to shore up our infrastructure, in order to deal with the coming wave of natural disasters.

You have no idea what kind of information the President gets to see. Either on infrastructure, or Afghanistan, or anything else.

So until you do, please SHUT UP.

by Anonymousreply 281August 16, 2021 4:03 PM

The soft infrastructure bill will reorganize the economy and reverse 40 years of Republican obstructionism and active neglect. It puts cash in people's pockets. It's the game changer.

by Anonymousreply 282August 16, 2021 4:16 PM

Infrastructure has been very popular with both parties. Why do you think McConnell himself voted for it? His own state is falling apart. Biden ran on infrastructure, and he's getting it done. What more can be done about voting rights? Unless he tries to get rid of the filibuster, which he doesn't have the votes to do, then what else?

by Anonymousreply 283August 16, 2021 4:30 PM

I think Afghanistan is one of the best things Biden has done so far. He's done exactly what Trump said he was going to do but didn't - get us out of the endless wars and start spending money on infrastructure.

They do need to deal with the voting rights thing though.

by Anonymousreply 284August 16, 2021 4:39 PM

Voting rights isn't a function of the Executive Branch -- the Pres can't just sign orders to invalidate all the crap that's being passed by individual states to limit voting. Congress has to pass something like the Civil Rights Act to override state legislation that restricts voting, which the Pres can then sign. All the Pres can do is urge Congress to act, for whatever good that may do.

by Anonymousreply 285August 16, 2021 4:47 PM

Voting rights IS a function of the Executive Branch: LBJ broke enough arms to force it through in 1965. But Biden can't do it? Infrastructure's a joke compared to voting rights and gerrymandering. We're fucked and Biden's incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 286August 16, 2021 6:23 PM

Okay, but the point about infrastructure is exactly what the media has been saying:

It’s been “Infrastructure Week” for about 12 years (shovel ready jobs in 2009, anyone?). Folks would rather Biden have spent the political capital on making sure Republicans don’t steal elections. We had a damn insurrection FFS!

We won’t have infrastructure if we don’t have voting rights. Anybody remember McConnell’s legislative graveyard, that could not pass the second Covid Relief bill or almost dismantled the ACA??

R267, yet folks never seem to have trouble pronouncing “Brzezinski” or “Papadopoulos” or any of the Russian names that come across the teleprompter at MSNBC…

by Anonymousreply 287August 16, 2021 6:27 PM

They are working at it, do you have ADD?

by Anonymousreply 288August 16, 2021 6:36 PM

R287 if people who are the Democrats' base can't vote in the 30 states where the GOP holds the state house and where voter suppression bills have been passed - there is no Biden second term. There will never again be a Dem majority in Congress, in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 289August 16, 2021 6:36 PM

R286, arm-breaking isn't an executive branch function either, not a proper one anyhow. Just because an act is done by a person occupying the presidency at the moment doesn't make it legal, despite what Nixon and Trump said. And just because you like the results doesn't make the end justify the means, despite what LBJ accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 290August 16, 2021 7:28 PM

Brian Williams is on with Nicole. You know big news is happening when they bring in Brian during the day. Biden speaking now on Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 291August 16, 2021 8:02 PM

Sir, this is an MSNBC thread.

by Anonymousreply 292August 16, 2021 8:29 PM

Does Andrea know what day it is?

by Anonymousreply 293August 16, 2021 8:32 PM

Niccole Wallace's plastic surgery isn't very good.

by Anonymousreply 294August 16, 2021 9:04 PM

[quote] Biden has 2 major fuck-ups so far: Afghanistan and prioritizing fucking infrastructure over voting rights.

R276, I think we all would be interested in hearing your formula for getting any voting rights legislation passed. You can't even get 50 Democratic Senators to agree on a breaking of the filibuster. You want Biden to prioritize something that isn't possible over the possible?

by Anonymousreply 295August 16, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote]Niccole Wallace's plastic surgery isn't very good.

She looks better today without the Glamour Shots make-over she had the other day.

by Anonymousreply 296August 16, 2021 9:23 PM

I loved the Bo Derek look!

by Anonymousreply 297August 16, 2021 10:20 PM

I lost complete respect for Richard Engel with his report on NBC News this evening, among his statements about the situation in Kabul.

[quote] One military official told me it was a hundreds times worse that the humiliating American pull out from Saigon

[quote] A twenty year war the longest in US history today ended in disgrace

Both of those statements are extreme hyperbole, he is a better reporter than that, or at least he use to be. .

by Anonymousreply 298August 16, 2021 11:05 PM

R298 Engel's on the ground. He's personally witnessing what's going on. Biden fucked this up. Totally. Why is the question. I blame Blinken who is a slimy, elitist, rich guy and pencil pusher.

The people falling off the aircraft as it flies away = the Falling Man on 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 299August 16, 2021 11:31 PM

No, R299. Dump and Pompeo (and probably Jared) started this in 2018 when they met with the Taliban (and excluded the Afghan government) in talks to get the Amurricun troops home in time for Dump's reelection. They conceded to the Taliban's demands to free 5000 terrorists from prison, and accepted the Taliban's "promises" that they would play nice. They immediately started drawing down the number of US troops as the Taliban (and the MAGAts) demanded. Then they presented the Afghan government with a fait accompli — that the U.S. was abandoning the Afghani government and granting the Taliban free reign as of 1 May 2021. Biden delayed the withdrawal for 3 months, but the damage was already done.

by Anonymousreply 300August 16, 2021 11:45 PM

R299, if you are old enough to remember, which I am, reporting that someone said this is 100 times worse than Saigon is just untrue and irresponsible and reporting a lie. It is not a reporters job to make decisions about whether this ended in disgrace. Engel is suppose to be reporting not editorializing. Biden bucked this up is your opinion, the US was leaving whether Trump or Biden was President and if you think Trump would have handled this better, then you are ignoring his record.

The same military would be handling it regardless of who is President.

by Anonymousreply 301August 16, 2021 11:46 PM

Looks like Chris Hayes off for a second week.

by Anonymousreply 302August 17, 2021 12:01 AM

r302, sigh...

Why didn't they bring in Chris Jensing? She is my favorite fill-in.

What is Katty Kay doing these days now that she left her mingy paying BBC gig?

by Anonymousreply 303August 17, 2021 12:04 AM

(Oh, and Katty reminds me of what Patsy Stone would have turned out to be, without the drugs and alcohol...)

r303

by Anonymousreply 304August 17, 2021 12:06 AM

What's the story on Matthieu Aikins?

He was a guest on Jonathan Capehart's Sunday Show, and I think he's VERY hot!

Is he part Afghani? He looks like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 17, 2021 12:16 AM

Here's Jonathan interviewing Matthieu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 17, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote] Why didn't they bring in Chris Jensing? She is my favorite fill-in.

Chris Jansing is great, but I think she only fills in for the more news-oriented hosts, like Brian Williams. I could be wrong, but I don't think she fills in for Chris, Rachel or Lawrence in prime time.

by Anonymousreply 307August 17, 2021 1:15 AM

Elise Jordan is so pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 17, 2021 1:44 AM

[quote] Engel's on the ground. He's personally witnessing what's going on. Biden fucked this up. Totally. Why is the question. I blame Blinken who is a slimy, elitist, rich guy and pencil pusher.

Ohhh look a Biden hater blaming him for everything.

[quote] The people falling off the aircraft as it flies away = the Falling Man on 9/11.

Nope, not even close.

by Anonymousreply 309August 17, 2021 1:52 AM

R308 - Who cares about her?

Who's the guy with her?

by Anonymousreply 310August 17, 2021 2:30 AM

Richard Engel is being a disgrace - deliberately misleading about the timeline for withdrawal under the agreement. I've lost respect for him too.

[quote]Biden fucked this up.

I think Biden's done this exactly right. If he'd hesitated for a minute, the military guys would have tried to derail the whole thing for the umpteenth time and we'd be pouring money into that sinkhole for no reason for another 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 311August 17, 2021 2:36 AM

Richard Engel was a over the top drama queen today. He is not acting as an objective journalist but instead acting like a hyperbolic blow heart. Lost all respect for him today. He was arrogant on Nicolle's show. Emotions are running high as the tragedy in Afghanistan unfolds. However, unless the USA was planning on staying there forever, this ending was inevitable. The USA once again tried to turn a foreign country with its own history and belief system into a USA satellite. When will we stop trying to turn every nation into one with a western culture.

by Anonymousreply 312August 17, 2021 3:17 AM

The UK gets it right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 17, 2021 5:33 AM

I think Andrea was fine on Brian’s show.

by Anonymousreply 314August 17, 2021 5:50 AM

[quote] I love seeing Kevin Baron on MSNBC. What a hunk!

Kevin in repose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315August 17, 2021 6:21 AM

Kevin at the wheel. that smirk, as if he's got his cock out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316August 17, 2021 6:24 AM

R308 - I agree Elise is very pretty although if you watch closely when she's on she rarely blinks! A week or so ago she was commenting on a topic and it was nearly 2 minutes before she blinked - and only once! They had her along side some host (don't recall the person) and they blinked every 5-10 seconds but Elise had a blink less stare - kinda creepy. Another thing - she dresses in a somewhat dowdy way now compared to before Covid when they had the studio gatherings.

by Anonymousreply 317August 17, 2021 10:15 AM

[quote] ... she dresses in a somewhat dowdy way now compared to before Covid when they had the studio gatherings.

Now there's a cardinal sin for a political analyst!

by Anonymousreply 318August 17, 2021 11:10 AM

Re the pic @ R116 - is it me or is there something Ben Affleck-y about that pic of him?

by Anonymousreply 319August 17, 2021 11:16 AM

Elise was married to that controversial writer Michael Hastings who died in a suspicious car accident.

by Anonymousreply 320August 17, 2021 11:37 AM

I just realized @ R319 I meant to type R316.

by Anonymousreply 321August 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Let's hope Russia invades Afghanistan again and reduces it to rubble.

by Anonymousreply 322August 17, 2021 12:57 PM

Afghanistan is already rubble.

by Anonymousreply 323August 17, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote] R308 - Who cares about her?

[quote] Who's the guy with her?

He's Mathieu Aikins, mentioned at R305 and R306.

by Anonymousreply 324August 17, 2021 1:38 PM

Datalounge favorite Mary Trump was on at the end of Morning Joe!!

I had to laugh, because Mika seemed less than thrilled to interview Mary, who was hawking her new book.

It looked as though Mika doesn't trust Mary Trump for some reason.

She seems nice enough, and sincere enough, but she's still a Trump.

by Anonymousreply 325August 17, 2021 1:40 PM

R322 Russia never left. Neither did China and now they've got possession of billions' worth of American materiel.

What a cock-up.

by Anonymousreply 326August 17, 2021 2:57 PM

I didn't get that impression at all, r325. Think Mika is distracted by her hero Biden's moral dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 327August 17, 2021 2:58 PM

Andrea Mitchel needs to take a cue from Barbara Walters.

Leave before you embarrass yourself.

by Anonymousreply 328August 17, 2021 4:59 PM

I bet Mika's brother who was recently nominated as Ambassador to Poland wishes she would shut her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 329August 17, 2021 4:59 PM

National Security Advisor Sullivan is holding a press conference right now.

He's hot and fiery!

by Anonymousreply 330August 17, 2021 5:43 PM

Kevin Baron, what a man, what a man, what a mighty fine man.

I can't decide if I like him better with or without the beard, normally I am not fond of beards but he looks damn good with one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 17, 2021 7:19 PM

Andrew Sullivan was most impressive in that viper pit masquerading as a press room.

The hue and cry of the media frat boys and sorors over the withdrawal from Afghanistan is sickening, but Sullivan was focused, confident and informed.

by Anonymousreply 332August 17, 2021 7:39 PM

^oops! Jake, not Andrew, Sullivan @ R332.

What was I not thinking?!

by Anonymousreply 333August 17, 2021 8:05 PM

Looks like the crazy Trump cult network OAN will be financing Rachel's salary for at least one year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334August 17, 2021 8:47 PM

How long before MSNBC and CNN start running sappy "Save the Afghan Women and Girls" appeals and PSAs?

Sorry endangered elephants, children with cleft palates, and ASPCA puppies and kittens. Then, too, the media have short attention spans, so they will be back to you by the next news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 335August 17, 2021 9:04 PM

Dr. Vin Gupta is acting like an emotional queen again on Nicolle's show. He is bouncing in his booster seat furious that US health officials are likely to recommend booster vaccines after 8 months.

by Anonymousreply 336August 17, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] Re the pic @ [R316] - is it me or is there something Ben Affleck-y about that pic of him?

Affleck with the beard, Keanu (but sexier) without. It's been a while since I've seen him clean shaven, he seems to favor the beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337August 17, 2021 9:51 PM

He's alright.

by Anonymousreply 338August 17, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote] she rarely blinks!

Elise was raised by wolves.

by Anonymousreply 339August 17, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] Andrea Mitchel needs to take a cue from Barbara Walters. Leave before you embarrass yourself.

Barbara Walters made a career out of embarrassing herself.

by Anonymousreply 340August 17, 2021 10:00 PM

Barbara Walters re-gifts.

by Anonymousreply 341August 17, 2021 10:06 PM

R331 - Yes he is HOT beard or not! I always pay close attention when he's on because he has the most interesting eyes among an overall 'take charge' demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 342August 17, 2021 10:48 PM

Thank you, Ari Melber: (a) for not drinking the hysteria-laced Afghan kool aid your fellow journalists eagerly lapped-up; and (b) for opening your show with reasoned, thinking panelists who, like you, refused the drink (or took small sips).

by Anonymousreply 343August 17, 2021 10:52 PM

Why would he be "furious" about that, R336?

by Anonymousreply 344August 17, 2021 11:08 PM

These are the days when I go full media blackout - everyone is being hyperbolic. I did the same for 6 days following the election. The only times I get my money's worth out of netflix and hbo.

by Anonymousreply 345August 17, 2021 11:35 PM

The worst bit is that Biden didn't consult allies who had also sent troops to Afghanistan, chiefly the Brits and Germans. WTF is he doing? He's acting like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 346August 18, 2021 12:30 AM

^ They knew this was coming, after Dump committed to drawing down US troops to ~2500, with a planned complete withdrawal of all troops by 1 May 2021.

by Anonymousreply 347August 18, 2021 12:41 AM

Biden totally fucked this up. Let's hope it's his last disaster.

by Anonymousreply 348August 18, 2021 2:29 AM

Biden didn't fuck this up. It's been his for half a year out of 20. Trump negotiating with the Taliban (for profit?) That was a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 349August 18, 2021 3:36 AM

Biden totally fucked up with no exit strategy; he should have arranged visas and evacuated Afghan personnel who had worked for the US. After that, you take the military out. You also warn our NATO allies.

by Anonymousreply 350August 18, 2021 3:52 AM

Lawrence O'Donnell what of he speaks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351August 18, 2021 6:31 AM

[quote]Thank you, Ari Melber: (a) for not drinking the hysteria-laced Afghan kool aid your fellow journalists eagerly lapped-up; and (b) for opening your show with reasoned, thinking panelists who, like you, refused the drink (or took small sips).

Don't, worry as soon as a rapper releases a song about it and he can quote from it, he will.

by Anonymousreply 352August 18, 2021 11:30 AM

That same Lawrence, r351, who just the previous night was saying Biden was the latest in a long line of those who have made the U.S. the most distrusted nation on Earth? I've always called Lawrence "the Preacher" but he's getting distinctly Southern Baptist of late.

by Anonymousreply 353August 18, 2021 1:21 PM

r350, he took over the Trump negotiated exit. After six months, you are blaming a failed 20-year war on Biden?

I am more worried about traitors in Congress covering up their 1/6 involvement.

by Anonymousreply 354August 18, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote] I am more worried about traitors in Congress covering up their 1/6 involvement.

It's easier for them to go along with the "blame Biden" narrative, than to ever take responsibility for our failure in Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 355August 18, 2021 3:31 PM

Seriously, how the hell did Biden fuck this up so badly? This was Trumpesque.

by Anonymousreply 356August 18, 2021 5:22 PM

r356, you mean how could this be a clusterfuck after 20 years of Republican neglect after Biden has been in office for six months?

I believe the answer is REPUBLICANS.

It is Trumpesque, McConnellesque, WBushesque, Cheneyesque.

by Anonymousreply 357August 18, 2021 5:46 PM

“Hi, Nicolle!”

by Anonymousreply 358August 18, 2021 5:56 PM

^hello

Obama

by Anonymousreply 359August 18, 2021 5:58 PM

R357 - nah, he fucked this up all by himself. Why? Who the hell advised him to pull out without having evacuated the interpreters, US Army personnel - hell, the embassy staff? Insanity. Milley and Austin are supposed to have a press conference today, maybe we'll learn something. CIA was advising against an immediate withdrawal. I suspect the hand of sneaky, oily Blinken. There were interpreters who had been trying to get visas to leave for a couple of years. If it was understandable assholes Trump and Pompeo didn't do their job, why haven't Biden and Blinken?

Blinken's a total Israel lackey. I suspect he'd be furious if a bunch of Muslims managed to legally immigrate to the US.

by Anonymousreply 360August 18, 2021 6:36 PM

Not a fuck up. He ripped off the bandage republicans put in place.

by Anonymousreply 361August 18, 2021 9:09 PM

I am so sick of reporters, journalists, and show hosts all thinking they are smarter than Biden. Easy for all these people to be back seat drivers. Guess what, most of the American people do not give a shit what east coast reporters and publications think. Yes, the crisis in Afghanistan is heart wrenching and mistakes were made in coordinating the exit. If these know-it-alls are so smart, then why aren't they running for public offices since they obviously think they have the answers. I just want them to report the news objectively, not pulling a Richard Engel trying to earn a Tony Award for best overacting.

by Anonymousreply 362August 18, 2021 10:31 PM

Joy is actually doing a decent job so far this evening.

by Anonymousreply 363August 18, 2021 11:23 PM

Joy, sensible and thorough! Who knew?

Her Dynel™ is melting; she is on fire!

by Anonymousreply 364August 18, 2021 11:32 PM

Joy should have let those tacky-assed earrings stay where they fell (and Dr. Fauci was *not* amused by her disclosure). I lasted through the first half hour of viewing -- I can take her only in small doses.

by Anonymousreply 365August 18, 2021 11:43 PM

Joy’s lavender glossy eye wins the night!

by Anonymousreply 366August 18, 2021 11:47 PM

Joy had a great show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 367August 19, 2021 12:00 AM

I've stopped watching Joy. She was OK on weekends but all she does now is scream. She's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 368August 19, 2021 12:35 AM

Maddow time!

by Anonymousreply 369August 19, 2021 1:17 AM

Ending a war is not easy and clean, true but the Biden admin in the last month really should have stopped the bureaucratic processing of visas and just taken all the people who could be vouched for by American military and journalists. There's no reason why so many people are getting turned away. Get them out and then fully vet afterwards.

Lawrence was way too blasé about all the potentially lost lives last night. I'm anti-war just like him and I know not everyone will get out but the Biden admin should have done more and still needs to do much more now

by Anonymousreply 370August 19, 2021 1:23 AM

Maddow's segment on the former military trying to get their individual interpreters out is crazy. WTF is the State Department doing? They should have already processed these visas (many of which were requested years ago) already.

by Anonymousreply 371August 19, 2021 1:43 AM

R371 that's a big part of the justified criticism of the Biden admin. Not everything regarding the withdrawal is his admin's fault but some of it is.

The Trump admin stopped in-person interviews at the US embassy in Kabul in March 2020 citing covid. Those are an important part of the visa process. This created a HUGE backlog of people who applied but didn't get any further. These in-person interviews did not resume until Biden's second week in office.

There was also someone at the state apartment who was being a dick about the vetting process which held things up further. Rachel has been talking about this since at least May, plenty of time for the bureaucratic process to be scrapped altogether right now.

That marine Rachel had on her show tonight said the process failed his Afghan interpreter. he only reason why that guy and his family were finally able to get out was because the marine had contacts and relentlessly called various people. After several misses, things clicked and the family got out of there on a plane. Think about all the other interpreters who don't have such a persistent military vet to rely on though

by Anonymousreply 372August 19, 2021 2:02 AM

I suspect this disaster is largely the fault of Brinker and State Dept. He appears to be a total dick.

by Anonymousreply 373August 19, 2021 3:11 AM

I know nothing about him. If he's so bad, why was he appointed?

by Anonymousreply 374August 19, 2021 3:18 AM

R374 he's a suck-up? That's how most people get appointed..

by Anonymousreply 375August 19, 2021 3:20 AM

Why do I think Tom Barrack has something to do with this? (along with Jared). What's happening in Afghanistan, that is.

I hope somebody is investigating if there is a money trail.

by Anonymousreply 376August 19, 2021 3:41 AM

For anyone who missed this story...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377August 19, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote]Who was the handsome Black gent/newbie who subbed on one of the shows Wednesday?

I answered my own question from the prior thread this morning, he's Aaron Gilchrist and he is subbing today for Stephanie Ruhle.

by Anonymousreply 378August 19, 2021 1:30 PM

Doesn't anyone care about handsome Joe Fryer at R231??

by Anonymousreply 379August 19, 2021 1:42 PM

I love handsome Garrett Haake who is on right now.

by Anonymousreply 380August 19, 2021 2:29 PM

Andrea is just stuttering all over the place. She was pathetic in her questions to Dr. Fauci. He had to tell her not to confuse those with immune system issues with the general public. That old bitch is such a phony. Does she have blackmail on the bosses at MSNBC that she is allowed to embarrass the network with her incompetence? I'm just waiting for her to get confused again and think that Kennedy is President and the crisis we are in is the Bay of Pigs.

by Anonymousreply 381August 19, 2021 4:59 PM

I usually express tolerance for Andrea, but she is pissing me off to no end with her President Biden-bashing. (And along comes Chuckles to pick up where Andrea left off.)

Stop rehashing recycled Afghanistan news. How about broadcasting live coverage of today's situation outside the Capitol Library?

by Anonymousreply 382August 19, 2021 5:27 PM

What’s happening outside of the Capitol Library?

by Anonymousreply 383August 19, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] Andrea is just stuttering all over the place. She was pathetic in her questions to Dr. Fauci.

Glad to see Dr. Fauci is back on TV again. I think he had been away for a whole 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 384August 19, 2021 6:20 PM

So old bag Andrea aka Mrs. Greenspan hates Biden almost as much as she hates Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 385August 19, 2021 6:25 PM

The lamestream media won't be happy until another Donald Trump is President.

For all their bitching and caterwauling, the truth is that they loved him.

He gave them ratings, and he made money for the networks.

That's really all they care about.

by Anonymousreply 386August 19, 2021 6:27 PM

Aaron Gilchrist is not new. He's been with the channel for at least a year and was subbing on weekend shows for a while but he's been off air until I guess the Ruhle show

by Anonymousreply 387August 19, 2021 6:44 PM

R386 I thought it was odd that MSNBC and CNN acted throughout the Democratic primary like Warren or Mayor Pete should be the nominee as it was obvious neither could defeat Trump. Warren came in 3rd in her home state primary and Pete only dropped out when polls showed he could only win the primary in tiny, all-white, Republican states (Iowa and NH). They definitely put their thumb on the scale in favor of Liz'n'Pete: you couldn't turn on either without getting a fawning report on Ms. and Mr. Wonderful. It already struck me at the time that made no sense. They wanted to play woke (one white woman, one gay guy) while ensuring Trump got reelected.

by Anonymousreply 388August 19, 2021 6:50 PM

MSNBC was mostly behind Biden during the primary. Chris Hayes and Rachel were the only ones who favored one of the liberal nominees.

CNN has made it clear this week that they were only Never-Trumpers, and now they are back to being an openly Republican network again. All of their hosts and correspondents are clearly Republicans. Anderson is only progressive when it concerns social issues.

by Anonymousreply 389August 19, 2021 6:57 PM

Is Nicolle on the spectrum? She has been laughing throughout today's show whether discussing the Capitol bombing threat or Covid. She and the similarly-odd Mike Schmidt may have more in common than we know.

by Anonymousreply 390August 19, 2021 8:44 PM

[quote] (and Dr. Fauci was *not* amused by her disclosure).

What disclosure, R365?

by Anonymousreply 391August 19, 2021 8:52 PM

Sorry, R391: It was her sharing that her earring had noisily fallen off while she was introducing Dr. Fauci and that she was removing the remaining one. Frankly, Joy looked better without the huge costume hoops.

by Anonymousreply 392August 19, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] Doesn't anyone care about handsome Joe Fryer at [R231]??

He and his partner look very Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 393August 19, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote]Is Nicolle on the spectrum? She has been laughing throughout today's show whether discussing the Capitol bombing threat or Covid.

Well, she IS a Republican. Not surprising she'd be laughing about Covid.

by Anonymousreply 394August 19, 2021 10:34 PM

ZERLINA in for Medi in for Chris.

Only so much Hasan, only so much Ali...

by Anonymousreply 395August 20, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote] CNN has made it clear this week that they were only Never-Trumpers, and now they are back to being an openly Republican network again. All of their hosts and correspondents are clearly Republicans.

Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon are definitely not Republicans, care to spout any more ridiculousness?

by Anonymousreply 396August 20, 2021 12:35 AM

Nicolle was NOT laughing today. Moron at R394.

by Anonymousreply 397August 20, 2021 12:52 AM

Nicolle was mortified today when her phone went off in the middle of an interview. She apologized profusely in the moment, and again at the end of the segment. Heilemann laughed his ass off, which seemed a bit inappropriate considering the serious issues they were discussing.

by Anonymousreply 398August 20, 2021 1:00 AM

Heilemann appears to be madly in love with Nicolle.

by Anonymousreply 399August 20, 2021 1:01 AM

Heilemann appears to be madly in love with himself.

by Anonymousreply 400August 20, 2021 1:02 AM

Rachel's hair/wig is poofy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 401August 20, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote]Nicolle was mortified today when her phone went off in the middle of an interview. She apologized profusely in the moment, and again at the end of the segment. Heilemann laughed his ass off, which seemed a bit inappropriate considering the serious issues they were discussing.

He was laughing because she was ridiculous with the Oh I'm sorry and I promise it will never happen again bit. It was just a phone ringing.

by Anonymousreply 402August 20, 2021 7:50 AM

Nicolle likes to be the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 403August 20, 2021 12:05 PM

Nicolle deserves to be the center of attention. She's far and away the best thing on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 404August 20, 2021 3:51 PM

Agree R404. She knows her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 405August 20, 2021 4:41 PM

Andrea Mitchell is so anti-Biden. Why does MSNBC allow such a Reup stooge have her own show? Shouldn't she be on Fox? Is it just because she is a woman that Ms. Jones keeps her on contract? First CNN becomes a pseudo Repug station with the likes of Tapper as an example. Now MSNBC is cannibalistic in trying to eat Biden. I hope Biden remembers all these assholes who are going after him when the dust settles. And it will settle. The majority of Americans are not going to turn on him because of Afghanistan. Sorry progressives. Sorry latte liberals. But it is the truth.

by Anonymousreply 406August 20, 2021 4:53 PM

Mitchell's protege is her fellow Republican Chuck Todd. Both of them need to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 407August 20, 2021 4:58 PM

College dropout Todd in all of his 5"2" glory.

by Anonymousreply 408August 20, 2021 5:05 PM

Chuck Todd is a lot taller than 5' 2".

by Anonymousreply 409August 20, 2021 5:16 PM

Yet still a small, small man.

by Anonymousreply 410August 20, 2021 5:45 PM

Helas pour moi, Nicolle's nasal voice makes my poor ears bleed.

by Anonymousreply 411August 20, 2021 5:55 PM

Gym Jordan is 5'2"

r407, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 412August 20, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote]Now MSNBC is cannibalistic in trying to eat Biden.

This is why Democrats can never have lasting power. They always eat their own. For all of their shortcomings, Republicans rarely criticize fellow Republicans. They close ranks and go on the attack. That's why the media is scared of them and doesn't challenge them to the extent that they do Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 413August 20, 2021 8:04 PM

Matt Lauer (second from the left) is listed as 5' 11' , I found a lot of links claiming Chuck Todd is 5' 2' but one claiming he is 5' 10' which looks more likely from pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 20, 2021 8:20 PM

He probably wears lifts.

by Anonymousreply 415August 20, 2021 8:32 PM

R415, so that's why he reminds me of Ted Baxter! Ted was much better looking, but the pomposity is the same.

by Anonymousreply 416August 20, 2021 8:38 PM

What has Joyce Vance done to herself in just the last couple of days to look so soft and glamorous? Is it just because she's not wearing her glasses on air any more? Different makeup? Lighting? I really don't get it. Has anyone else noticed the difference?

by Anonymousreply 417August 20, 2021 8:53 PM

I noticed it last night, R417! I saw her and went "Whoa," is that Joyce? Quite a change.

by Anonymousreply 418August 20, 2021 8:59 PM

Joyce has revised her makeup, but the bright lighting intended to hide her crepey skin is *way* too bright. She’s all washed out.

by Anonymousreply 419August 20, 2021 9:36 PM

Todd interviewed Beto O'Rourke during the Dem primary, standing side by side and he came up to Beto's waist.

by Anonymousreply 420August 20, 2021 9:38 PM

I wish Heilemann was madly in love with me.

by Anonymousreply 421August 20, 2021 10:05 PM

R414 - perhaps Todd is standing on a stool.

by Anonymousreply 422August 20, 2021 10:12 PM

OK Now I know I'm not dreaming why are we seeing the last segment of amount of Mehdi interviewing his he wishes girlfriend instead of Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 423August 21, 2021 1:59 AM

Kassie Kunt

by Anonymousreply 424August 21, 2021 2:06 AM

Josh Lederman is cute, but there's not much we know about him. I'm guessing he's gay, single and afraid to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 21, 2021 9:56 AM

R425 Lederman was madly in love with Mayor Pete during the Dem primary. He would be slobbering while giving his gushing, fawning reports on El Peto.

by Anonymousreply 426August 21, 2021 3:53 PM

Andrea is a tired old cunt way past her shelf life.

Kind of like a slice of bread that can longer even support mold...

by Anonymousreply 427August 21, 2021 5:21 PM

Mitchell is a disgusting old hag. She got college dropout Chuckie Todd his job. She needs to be sent off to the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 428August 21, 2021 7:14 PM

R406 Rachel and Lawrence are still good little Biden supporting soldiers though. I suggest you stick to them if any criticism of Your Joe upsets you that much.

by Anonymousreply 429August 21, 2021 8:37 PM

r429, and Chris, and Joy and Nicolle..

Andrea and Todd are major Republicunts.

by Anonymousreply 430August 21, 2021 8:49 PM

Richard Engel has been getting roasted and ratioed on Twitter. Read the comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 21, 2021 9:35 PM

I don't think the reporters claiming the US is "asking" the Taliban are being objective at all.

The US is not "asking" the Taliban. The Taliban controls the ground in Afghanistan now but surely the US has made it abundantly clear that if they start harming Americans, the US will retaliate with a much bigger response.

The Taliban is still getting organized in Kabul and around the country. They cannot afford to have the US start bombing them from the sky. All the US has to do is bomb the presidential palace and their new leader Baradar is a goner

by Anonymousreply 432August 21, 2021 9:39 PM

Peter Baker (NYTimes) was on today. He's written an article noting that Biden's alleged strong suits -competency and empathy have been called into question by the debacle of the exit.

Yesterday Michael Beschloss was pointing out on Brian Williams the team who led JFK into Vietnam and pushed LBJ to increase our involvement were the "Best and the Brightest"- a bunch of Ivy League elitists like Jake Sullivan and Antony Blinken are. I suspect Sullivan and Blinken are the assholes whose arrogance reassured Biden he was doing the right thing pulling out so abruptly without having properly organized the exit for embassy staffers and Afghan allies and not even advising our NATO allies. Biden pulled a Trump move. Blinken and Sullivan should be fired.

Beschloss mentioned that LBJ spoke to his mentor Sam Rayburn, the legendary Speaker of the House and said that all his Vietnam advisors were "Harvards", distinguished academics and LBJ couldn't believe they were leading him astray on Vietnam and Rayburn responded "I'd feel a lot better if any of them had ever run for dogcatcher and been elected."

by Anonymousreply 433August 22, 2021 12:40 AM

The media, including MSNBC, is going to hand over the power of the federal government to the Republicans. They can’t resist, the ratings are just too good.

by Anonymousreply 434August 22, 2021 3:41 PM

That is why Hillary was actually so good as SoS.

by Anonymousreply 435August 22, 2021 3:58 PM

Who is this Matt Afghan vet that keeps crying on tv? He was on Alex today, Nicole last week?

He is trying to get funding for his documentary & coming on these shows being creepy.

by Anonymousreply 436August 22, 2021 7:36 PM

I told you bitches that all of this talk about Rachel thinking of leaving MSNBC was just contract negotiations talk, and that in the end, she would stay.

No mention of how much money in the new contract, but she'll continue hosting her nightly show and "pursue new projects with parent company NBC Universal."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437August 22, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote] I told you bitches that all of this talk about Rachel thinking of leaving MSNBC was just contract negotiations talk, and that in the end, she would stay.

Damn, damn, damn!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 22, 2021 8:23 PM

Nicolle wanted that 9pm!

by Anonymousreply 439August 22, 2021 8:27 PM

I told you guys she wasn't leaving.

Rachel Maddow, MSNBC Agree to New Multi-Year Contract

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440August 22, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote] I told you guys she wasn't leaving.

No, *I* told you guys she wasn't leaving.

by Anonymousreply 441August 22, 2021 8:51 PM

of course MSNBC would do just about anything to keep Rachel. Without her the ratings will take a huge dive. She's been by far their most watched show for years

none of the others have been able to build up her popularity

by Anonymousreply 442August 23, 2021 12:47 AM

R439 Nicolle Wallace wouldn't have wanted it. She's got a school age kid.

by Anonymousreply 443August 23, 2021 1:15 AM

Rachel Maddow, Inc.

by Anonymousreply 444August 23, 2021 1:21 PM

But her show is ending next year.

by Anonymousreply 445August 23, 2021 1:33 PM

[quote] The new deal includes Maddow developing other projects for the network

Maybe Maddow will develop MSNBC's first sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 446August 23, 2021 1:33 PM

What if Rachel's new project is to do a hit job on Mark Burnett and all of the crap that went on between The Apprentice and Trump's Russian loans?

It's something she's been wanting to do for years and I can totally see her using her contract negotiations to get the go ahead to do this.

It could be the most important story of her career.

by Anonymousreply 447August 23, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote] The new deal includes Maddow developing other projects for the network

[quote] Maybe Maddow will develop MSNBC's first sitcom

If stupid MSNBC won't do it, then maybe Rachel will.

Coffee with Claire!

Cooking with Claire!

In the living room with Claire!!!

Why aren't you listening, MSNBC???

Give Claire her own show, damn you!

There's CAKE on the coffee table, where it goddamned should be!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448August 23, 2021 3:08 PM

How much is Rachel getting paid under the new contract?

by Anonymousreply 449August 23, 2021 4:17 PM

Andrea!!! annunciate your words, boo.

by Anonymousreply 450August 23, 2021 4:18 PM

I want to see more of muscle man Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 451August 23, 2021 5:13 PM

Is he back today?

by Anonymousreply 452August 23, 2021 5:16 PM

On Claire's new cooking show Amy Klobuchar will eat her salad with Rachel's comb!

Tune in.

by Anonymousreply 453August 23, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote] On Claire's new cooking show Amy Klobuchar will eat her salad with Rachel's comb!

She'll also be introducing her new line of staplers.

They are designed with an extra hard outer shell, for maximum impact when they hit an intern's head!

by Anonymousreply 454August 23, 2021 6:34 PM

Jake Sullivan is really good at this briefing!

by Anonymousreply 455August 23, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote] Jake Sullivan is really good at this briefing!

I mentioned that at R330, but NO ONE LISTENED TO ME!!!

He's really hot.

by Anonymousreply 456August 23, 2021 6:55 PM

"Trout Fishing With Rachel". Series features Rachel fishing in scenic world fishing spots with special guest stars. First episode is set in Patagonia, with Vice President Kamala Harris.

"Cocktailing With Rachel." Series features Rachel apprenticing in hot bars worldwide with special guest stars. First episode is set in Barcelona, with Senator Elizabeth Warren.

"Chopping Firewood with Rachel." Series features Rachel mastering axe and chainsaw techniques in scenic woodlands with special guest stars. First episode is set in New York's Hudson Valley, with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.

by Anonymousreply 457August 23, 2021 7:04 PM

The Circle of Life: Throwing the fish back, by R Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 458August 23, 2021 7:40 PM

"Rachel Maddow's Five Most Inspirational Presidents." A limited special series, written by MSNBC Presidential Historian Michael Beschloss. Narrated by Former First Lady Michelle Obama.

by Anonymousreply 459August 23, 2021 7:43 PM

[quite]How much is Rachel getting paid under the new contract?

$175 a day and a box lunch.

by Anonymousreply 460August 23, 2021 7:45 PM

Tiffany Cross has a voice like razor blades

by Anonymousreply 461August 23, 2021 7:48 PM

R461 I can't stand her. Her voice gives me hives. Who had the bright idea of encouraging her to be a TV host? I wonder who she's fucking.

by Anonymousreply 462August 23, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote] I want to see more of muscle man Chris Hayes. Is he back today?

Chris Hayes@chrislhayes · 16h

Last few minutes of vacation and then back at that anchor desk Monday!

by Anonymousreply 463August 23, 2021 8:25 PM

Is Joy Reid aware of just how ridiculous she looks? Everything is inappropriate: hair, makeup, accessories, tops. Is she having a midlife crisis and trying to compete with her BFF Tiffany Cross (who is equally gaudy, but younger than Joy by more than a few years)?

Imagine the chatter among Ruhle, Tur, Mitchell, Wallace, Jansing, Witt, Capehart, Brzezinski, Melber, Kay, et al. behind her back! Oh, to be Mike Pence's fly on the wall.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 464August 23, 2021 11:27 PM

Damn Chris Hayes....STOP yelling!!

by Anonymousreply 465August 24, 2021 12:07 AM

R464 - Yes, Joy looked a bit too ethnic this evening but her presentation was spot on as usual. MS (Main Stream) NBC doesn't pander to the ill informed since most who watch her show are (hopefully) informed. The knuckle dragging mouth breathers who may wander by will be enraged by her appearance but maybe that's the point since they probably won't understand (or be able to follow) what she's saying. The social turbulence that is being churned up by the feeble minded Right will continue regardless of Joy's visual appearance. I have commented on her choice of hair styles in past posts but I still watch her regardless.

by Anonymousreply 466August 24, 2021 12:11 AM

R466 I don't care about her hair and makeup, it's the constant SCREAMING. She never did that on her weekend show which I liked.

by Anonymousreply 467August 24, 2021 12:37 AM

"Eye and Ear Noise," MSNBC's debut sitcom, starring Joy Ann Reid and Kevin Hart. An RMS production.

by Anonymousreply 468August 24, 2021 12:57 AM

Rachael +Chris banter.

by Anonymousreply 469August 24, 2021 1:04 AM

Chris is so clearly not taking his handoff to Rachel with any grace. He really resents her and her predilection for Joy and Nicolle.

by Anonymousreply 470August 24, 2021 1:08 AM

I was hoping that a vacation would make Chris Hayes forget how he introduces his guests" -- and ------ he ------ is ------- with ------ me -------now".

by Anonymousreply 471August 24, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote] Chris is so clearly not taking his handoff to Rachel with any grace. He really resents her and her predilection for Joy and Nicolle.

Hayes credits Maddow with his becoming a host at MSNBC, saying, "I absolutely would not be doing this if it weren't for her."

Fun fact Chris Hayes middle name is Loffredo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 24, 2021 2:06 AM

" Joy looked too ethnic"

why are the MSNBC threads so Stormfront flavored? What the fuck is this bullshit

it's devolved into bashing all the women and non-white hosts and commentators

by Anonymousreply 473August 24, 2021 2:11 AM

I loathe Chris Hayes. He's an annoying little twerp, ugly with an unbearable nasal voice.

by Anonymousreply 474August 24, 2021 2:25 AM

I don't often see MSNBC but I was watching Joshua Johnson this weekend and everything about him says Bondage Top Dom to me. I've seen the pictures, I know he works out - I feel sure he must have a profile on Recon.

He also speaks more clearly than anyone on TV - he makes Anderson Cooper sound like a kid in high school. I just wish he would fix his teeth.

by Anonymousreply 475August 24, 2021 2:31 AM

TEEF! Fix his TEEF!

by Anonymousreply 476August 24, 2021 2:55 AM

Have we talked about Phil Rucker’s voice? Is he getting coached? He still sounds like he smells the Tollhouse, but he used to sound more so.

by Anonymousreply 477August 24, 2021 4:23 AM

[quote]Andrea!!! annunciate your words, boo.

R450, annunciate = announce/declare; enunciate = articulate/speak clearly/don't mumble. Which were you intending? Each *could* work, I suppose, depending on how excited she is. 😉

by Anonymousreply 478August 24, 2021 5:32 AM

And fuck Peter Baker the little crypto-Trumper.

Just fuck his smug little face.

by Anonymousreply 479August 24, 2021 6:12 AM

[quote] I want to see more of muscle man Chris Hayes

he's happy to oblige.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 24, 2021 7:10 AM

R479 Something about his facial geometry, along with the ears, has always pinged for me. Not that he's gay, but that he's a short man with a big swinging dick. Just a hungch.

by Anonymousreply 481August 24, 2021 7:23 AM

[quote] Have we talked about Phil Rucker’s voice?

He's lost some weight too. Maybe he's contemplating a run for office.

by Anonymousreply 482August 24, 2021 7:30 AM

Chris Hayes must have a terrible diet. He works out a lot and always looks flabby.

by Anonymousreply 483August 24, 2021 7:39 AM

Has Phil Rucker put out his Halloween decorations yet? Love a smart man who still knows how to celebrate holidays.

by Anonymousreply 484August 24, 2021 1:35 PM

GARRETT HAAKE subbing for Haley Jackson now and about to interview Congressman JIM HIMES!

I'm in heaven, I think.

by Anonymousreply 485August 24, 2021 2:16 PM

I don't think Joy's look is too ethnic, but I do not think it's age and situation inappropriate. Joy is far too old and too smart to be wearing her hair like that. If she wants braids, there are age appropriate braid styles.

by Anonymousreply 486August 24, 2021 2:29 PM

Nicolle off again, hate her clone fill in today.

by Anonymousreply 487August 24, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote] Love a smart man who still knows how to celebrate holidays.

R484 A smart man who decorates for Halloween in August? I wish you well in your search for love.

by Anonymousreply 488August 24, 2021 9:26 PM

R487 cannot stand the Menendez chick. She's the daughter of Sen Menendez, the most corrupt Dem in the Senate. She claims to be Latina - her father's a fucking Cuban who divorced her German Ma. Some Latina. She's the Meghan McCain of MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 489August 24, 2021 9:27 PM

Chris Jansing is Nicolle's fill-in.

by Anonymousreply 490August 24, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote]Has Phil Rucker put out his Halloween decorations yet? Love a smart man who still knows how to celebrate holidays.

Not until after Labor Day, dear.

by Anonymousreply 491August 24, 2021 9:32 PM

R489, I think Nicolle's fill-in today is Chris Jansing, not Menendez.

by Anonymousreply 492August 24, 2021 9:32 PM

Joyce Vance still seems to be trying out different lighting, filters, makeup and hairstyles.

Even before Covid, was she ever much seen in the MSNBC studio?

by Anonymousreply 493August 24, 2021 9:53 PM

Menendez did the first hour of Nicolle's show, Chris Jansing did the second.

by Anonymousreply 494August 24, 2021 10:04 PM

Ah, okay. My apologies, R489. I did not see the first hour of today's show.

by Anonymousreply 495August 24, 2021 10:06 PM

R489 I think she's lovely. I want to see her in a remake of Valley of the Dolls. She can play Barbara Parkins role.

by Anonymousreply 496August 24, 2021 10:37 PM

[quote] Joyce Vance still seems to be trying out different lighting, filters, makeup and hairstyles.

I noticed that too. It's kind of exciting, wondering "Which Joyce Vance will it be today?"

by Anonymousreply 497August 24, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] Menendez did the first hour of Nicolle's show

Eric or Lyle?

by Anonymousreply 498August 24, 2021 11:22 PM

Nicolle Wallace can only hope that she'll ever be half as good as Chris Jansing.

by Anonymousreply 499August 25, 2021 12:18 AM

I felt so bad for Chris Jansing when a cherish aunt of hers passed away from Covid last year. She’s a very likable and empathetic person and that shines through in her reporting, whatever the subject is.

by Anonymousreply 500August 25, 2021 12:50 AM

Chris is OK, Nicolle's much better.

by Anonymousreply 501August 25, 2021 12:53 AM

Rachel’s side part!

by Anonymousreply 502August 25, 2021 1:02 AM

Rachel Maddow's Show Will Switch to Weekly Next Year Under New MSNBC Deal (Report)

I don't really believe it but I guess we will see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503August 25, 2021 1:49 AM

Andrea Mitchell is cunting on Biden again.

A true last century cunt.

CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 504August 25, 2021 3:17 AM

Unless it is Rachel taking over Meet The Press, it is just not enough of her to make any difference to the weekly news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 505August 25, 2021 3:25 AM

R503 Not good. Who's gonna hold it together for '22 & '24? I'm already beginning to despair.

by Anonymousreply 506August 25, 2021 4:30 AM

She needs relief from the stress of having so much dang news all the time.

by Anonymousreply 507August 25, 2021 5:52 AM

Disaster for ratings.

Who will get the spot?

by Anonymousreply 508August 25, 2021 6:04 AM

Brian Willians will move to 9.

by Anonymousreply 509August 25, 2021 6:15 AM

Is Shep still floundering at CNBC? Bring him over to take 11th Hour.

Brian needs to replace Chuck Todd. Hasn't Brian paid for his sins? Fire Todd.

Move Stephanie Ruhle to Joy's spot (business insight after Ari's legal insight) and move Joy to RACHEL'S SPOT!

by Anonymousreply 510August 25, 2021 6:45 AM

Per request - link to Part 29

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511August 25, 2021 7:54 AM

Tiffany Cross will be moved to primetime to up the diversity quotient.

by Anonymousreply 512August 25, 2021 8:25 AM

I forgot about Gary. They need to feature him more on MSNBC.

Now I wait for the Kathy Hochul interview on Morning Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513August 25, 2021 9:09 AM

Wonder if Rachel knows they are running My Pillow commercials during her early morning rerun? Why is MSNBC running ads from someone who wants to overthrow our government?

by Anonymousreply 514August 25, 2021 10:09 AM

Can't take an adult woman named Katty seriously. She subbing on "Up So Early", "It's Too Early" whatever the Hell it's called.

by Anonymousreply 515August 25, 2021 10:18 AM

My tension detector is extremely sensitive and is picking up vibrations from Mika and Joe interactions.

by Anonymousreply 516August 25, 2021 11:32 AM

Nicolle's subs just show how expert she is.

by Anonymousreply 517August 25, 2021 12:14 PM

“Way Too Early” is such a disaster now with all the rotating hosts who are awful. I’m usually getting ready for work during that hour, so I like to have the news on in the background. I’ve switched to CNN which has Valerie Jarrett’s daughter and another woman hosting that time slot.

by Anonymousreply 518August 25, 2021 12:30 PM

[quote] I’ve switched to CNN which has Valerie Jarrett’s daughter and another woman hosting that time slot.

The "Other woman" is Christine Romans, she has been with CNN since 1999 and with Reuters before that. She really deserves more than "another woman".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519August 25, 2021 12:55 PM

R517, what is Nicolle Wallace "expert" about? She has one thing to say: Trumpism stinks! And she says it shrilly. I don't disagree with her point but it's been made over and over and over already.

by Anonymousreply 520August 25, 2021 1:01 PM

Joy's wigs are ridiculous. She should just go "all in" and wear a pageboy wig one day, a giant Dolly Parton wig the next, a rainbow wig from Party City the next, etc. She could start a new tagline: "Get wiggy wit Joy each and every weeknight!"

by Anonymousreply 521August 25, 2021 1:03 PM

With the anniversary of 9/11 coming up, I’m sure Nicolle is going to take every opportunity to remind everyone that she was working in the White House on 9/11, and to reminisce about what strong leadership her boss George W displayed.

by Anonymousreply 522August 25, 2021 1:30 PM

Funny how Chris "I'm out of fucks to give" Hayes put Rachel's monoclonal antibodies into the quack cure category.

I think he is over all the Rachel worship.

Good for him.

He needs to start reading indictment documents and court orders.

by Anonymousreply 523August 26, 2021 12:56 AM

This link speculates about who might replace Rachel and that Brian Williams wants out of his 11 PM time slot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 26, 2021 2:19 AM

I would really like for MSNBC to have a round table discussion show, similar to Fox's Greg Gutfeld show, who I can't stand but I did love that format when MSNBC did it with their show The Cycle, they had Krystal Ball, Ari Melber, Touré, and Abby Huntsman. It was where Steve Kornacki got his start before he got his own show and then moved on to be the Numbers Guy. It would be a break from the constant repeating of the days news on every show.

by Anonymousreply 525August 26, 2021 2:28 AM

Totally agree, r525. And Brian Williams would be perfect to host it at 9PM.

by Anonymousreply 526August 26, 2021 2:29 AM

Sweet Jesus, Peter Baker is on with Brian Williams.

Baker has the MOST punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 527August 26, 2021 3:16 AM

Jason Johnson = change channel.

by Anonymousreply 528August 26, 2021 6:18 AM

Peter Baker is so annoying. Is he a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 529August 26, 2021 12:36 PM

He seems to be a Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, Peter Baker conservative.

by Anonymousreply 530August 26, 2021 6:38 PM

Just like if you watch Mark Rucker with Carol Leonnig you get the impression that she is a crypto-cunt Republican.

by Anonymousreply 531August 26, 2021 6:41 PM

Do you mean DL fave PHIL Rucker?

by Anonymousreply 532August 26, 2021 7:11 PM

Did you attend the Yale School of Drama, r531? Mark Rucker was a lovely talented gay director who graduated from there in the early 1990s (RIP).

by Anonymousreply 533August 26, 2021 8:17 PM

Thanks for the kind correction, Phil Rucker.

R531

by Anonymousreply 534August 27, 2021 1:44 AM

Where is everybody? Have y'all moved on to another thread?

by Anonymousreply 535August 30, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote]Where is everybody? Have y'all moved on to another thread?

This one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 30, 2021 6:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!