Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race UK - Season 3

Haven't seen a thread for the new season and nothing came up using search, so here goes...

The queens for Season 3 have been announced

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 29, 2021 1:33 AM

Air date?

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2021 3:16 AM

They all had a meltdown over on twitter because some guy said the biological woman shouldn't be there lol. Looks like it's going to be another Mik situation šŸ™„ Shame it's going the way of what happened to the US version and so soon. The first two seasons were great fun because they just didn't give a fuck, now they're going to be doing a lot of tiptoeing around....

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2021 7:08 PM

All I know is I'm already rooting for Veronica Green. I think she had a good shot placing among the top three or even winning season two until she was hit with Covid. Just judging from the video, not thrilled by some of the looks which were presented. I know it's only meant as a taster but dressing up as a pig??

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2021 2:41 AM

I wonder how many of the contestants' pasts will be brought up and how many will need to offer apologies for past behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2021 1:46 PM

RuPaul's Drag Race UK season 3's Victoria Scone on making herstory RuPaul's Drag Race UK season 3's Victoria Scone on making herstory

Racers, start your engines. We're saying "hello, hello, hello" to a new cast of queens as season three of RuPaul's Drag Race UK hits the runway on Thursday.

The British version of RuPaul's smash hit show, which won the Emmy for outstanding reality competition programme on Sunday, launched in 2019.

The third UK series makes herstory with the international franchise's first cis woman drag queen, Victoria Scone.

BBC News sashayed on to the pink carpet to find out what else fans can look forward to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2021 10:37 PM

For those who do torrents, the first episode of season three is up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2021 4:23 AM

I enjoyed the first episode. Agree with the bottom two. Donā€™t agree with who went home out of the two.

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2021 4:46 AM

R 7 Ditto. Also agree with the bottom two but don't agree with who went home. I was hoping the little acrobat was a goner. There was nothing to write home about for either of her two looks.

by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2021 4:57 AM

Lots of cute boys this season. I've never heard Ru laugh as hard as he did at River.

I'm liking Victoriaā€”she's funny and camp. Her second runway look was great.

[quote]I was hoping the little acrobat was a goner.

Her desperation sort of reminded me of Li'l Kenya Michaels vs. Latrice.

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2021 6:47 AM

Totally agree with r7. I was surprised how much I like Victoria, as opposed to gottmilky. And they sent the wrong queen home. Much better in the lipsync. Ah well.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2021 2:31 PM

Just based on first impressions, same as last season, don't the UK queens seem more likeable than those on the US version?

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2021 11:53 PM

R11 They definitely seem a lot less self conscious and ā€˜brandā€™ oriented than the US queens

The US queens seem to be constantly second guessing fan reaction and it makes everything feel so artificial and forced (in the more recent seasons especially). Maybe the same will happen in the UK version if it continues for a few more years but for now itā€™s great to see queens unencumbered by all that.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2021 1:24 AM

Probably a ridiculous questions, but anyone else thirsty for Ella Vaday?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2021 3:56 AM

R 13 Yes! Gulty of Ella Vaday thirst!

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2021 2:23 PM

if you had just deleted the space between R and the number, R14.......

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2021 2:41 PM

R13 you are certainly not the only one. Mind you, working from home for 18 months now has made me very thirsty did any eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2021 4:39 PM

Yes r13, you are the only one who is thirsty for a conventially attractive fit guy. It's a very unusual that people would find him hot.

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2021 5:02 PM

Victoria Scone is a great choice for first female queen. One she is a dyke so part of the community rather than a straight woman, and two she doesn't have some slamming hot bod so she is forced to do full drag and think about proportions.

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2021 5:04 PM

Scarlett (Harry) and River (Dexter) are really cute, and I'm not normally into twinks; plus I've had a little crush on boy Veronica (Kevin) since last season. Elektra (Julian) is cute too but has wonky British teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2021 8:32 PM

River has become a hometown heroine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2021 8:34 PM

A bunch of monsters.

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2021 10:20 PM

Who was the queen who dressed up as the scary clown on the walkway? I get that it's her brand, but are we going to see such looks week after week. If so, I wonder if Ru or Michele will offer a critique such as "We get it - this is what you want to show the world. But we'd like to see you try at least one glamour look to show you have the ability to do more".

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2021 2:43 AM

OPā€™s pic - every michfest refugeeā€™s perception of trans

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2021 2:51 AM

River is a cute boy, and probably an early out, but that statue runway was one of the stupidest and most hilarious things on RPDR ever.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2021 4:11 AM

I don't think Ru laughed that hard at Alaska's "Red for Filth" commercial, Alyssa Edwards as Joan Crawford in AS2's Snatch Game, Miss Vanjie sashaying in S10, or Jujubee as Eartha Kitt in AS5's Snatch Game of Love.

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2021 9:12 PM

Getting Aquaria/Gigi/Gottmik 'created in a RPDR lab' vibe from Krystal Versace. Not surprised at all that she won the challenge, I'm expecting her to win the entire competition, actually.

Victoria is surprisingly very fun to watch, I'm very happy with how she fits in with the others. I'm also glad she's not a woo-woo-at-the-gay-club-chick type, with an entourage of 'her gays' surrounding her, however Pandora's box has now been opened for future bio queens who may not be as pleasant as her to be cast.

Was actually a little disappointed in Veronica's hometown look, it was kind of basic. Remember how the Season 2 girls were expected to use the Covid break to step their pussies up with their runway looks? Well, Veronica had nearly a year.

Ru seems unusually amused at people who point (and her fake laugh is really starting to grate). I was a bit shocked that no one made a 'look over there!' reference as River was doing her thing.

Is Charity Kase the first RPDR contestant with facial tattoos?

Agreed that the midget should have gone home.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2021 1:31 AM

River's pointing wouldn't have been that funny if they hadn't added the bell sound. Just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2021 12:31 PM

I love the name of the Spanish queen, Choriza May

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2021 12:44 PM

R27 The sound effects werenā€™t there in real life and RuPaul still laughed so hard she split her colostomy bag so no. Just sayingā€¦

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2021 2:04 PM

River is going to be a Tia Kofi type, loveable but hampered by ā€œregionalā€ level drag. I think Krystal was the rightful winner, but I think Victoria Sconeā€™s transformation from dowdy lesbian at the food coop to high camp plus-size queen is actually more interesting and impressive to me than the Krystal Versace boy-to-drag shift.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2021 2:48 PM

It's kind of cute how, on this show, "regional" is used as a euphemism for "underwhelming" or "cheap".

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2021 3:00 PM

I'm torn whether or not the right person went home this week. While their moves in last week's lip sync were impressive, doing them again this week were equally so but it was like "what else are you putting into the performance"? Don't agree with the winner as I think there were better looks on the runway especially combined with performances in the challenge. Felt sorry for Victoria - that read really seemed like it hurt her at the time.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2021 3:11 AM

Veronica's runway was compared to Kylie, but she was giving me more Kelly Marie circa 1981 (not a read, by the way).

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2021 5:45 AM

[quote]I love the name of the Spanish queen, Choriza May

I love Choriza too, plus he's a cutie out of drag. He's like Pupi Poisson's little brother.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2021 5:49 AM

[QUOTE] Felt sorry for Victoria - that read really seemed like it hurt her at the time.

Of course thereā€™s one lesbian on the show and suddenly itā€™s verboten to say someoneā€™s fat. That kind of read - ā€œsheā€™s the [i]biggest[/i]ā€¦ competitionā€ - has been on drag race since the beginning and repeated countless times and people who complained about it (eg Alexis Michelle) were basically told that itā€™s just part of drag and you need to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2021 8:05 AM

R35 100% agree with you on this. Victoriaā€™s lecture moment of Krystal afterwards to me was very much a tone police ā€œthings have changed around hereā€ moment too. Something peculiar about how it was filmed as if Krystal had crossed a line too.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2021 8:24 AM

Fat girls and knees clearly don't mix well on RuPaul's show.

I thought they might have done a double save, like they did in US S9 when Eureka had to withdraw, but I can see why they'd save that for next week and make a cliffhanger out of it.

Already there's been more than enough crying, but at least they're containing it to the workroom.... so far. Easy to skip.

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2021 4:12 PM

The right one went home. That runway outfit was one of the worst ever seen on Drag Race. He might not have a lot of funds perhaps, but you could knock up simmering better than that for pennies. Also, whoever has been telling him heā€™s a ā€œdancerā€ is doing him no favours. Flailing about like a demented toddler is not dancing.

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2021 7:36 PM

^ something (thanks autocorrect)

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2021 7:36 PM

I am not sure how I feel about this season. I am uncomfortable with how skinny at least one of the guys is. And they're all so young. I do like Ella (?) and Kitty (?).

That 'musical' number was bizarre and I don't think I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2021 2:00 AM

Should be interesting to see how Krystal does in a comedy challenge (if she gets that far)

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2021 3:02 AM

Jesus Ella Vaday is hot out of drag, I hope she lasts. I think my fave is the bigger blond one with wavy hair.

by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2021 12:12 PM

I can't stand looking at Charity Kase. She looks like she smells like cat piss and belongs in a mental institution. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 43October 3, 2021 12:37 PM

When the queens returned to the werk room after the judging, they started to remove their make up - except for Charity who removed a mask. A full face mask. WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 44October 3, 2021 2:06 PM

Anyone else call bullshit in Charity Kase getting a poz load from one night she was taken advantage of?

One look at that trashy tattoo on her face and I knew a Craigslist gutter whore when I saw one.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2021 9:57 PM

As a person, I hated to see Veronica go, but as a drag queen, she was definitely in the bottom and her looks were the worst compared to the others. Anyone else find it odd that Ella isn't getting more positive feedback from the judges? In my opinion, she has had some of the best transformations and looks but has always been safe. Everything appears to be on point, but queens like Charity are being highly praised. And i think this was another runway challenge where Charity wore a full face mask instead of make up applied directly.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2021 2:06 AM

Ella is boring and a Rose-type where heā€™s trying to build a career as an actor and model using a drag Trojan horse. You can see they coming a mile away now.

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2021 4:39 AM

R47 Itā€™s funny that no one accused Elektra Shock of trying to do this on Drag Race Down Under, when she actually was a male model before she started drag.

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2021 8:53 PM

[quote]He might not have a lot of funds perhaps, but you could knock up simmering better than that for pennies.

The second look would have looked a million times better if she'd just left the wings off.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2021 8:56 PM

Yay! Steps (minus Lisa) will be on the next episode!

by Anonymousreply 50October 10, 2021 1:09 AM

Was anyone else expected a double-save / no elimination given Victoria's departure for health reasons?

by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2021 2:32 AM

I was, R51. Kind of shocked they went through with Veronica being eliminated so early, but she really was a let down on the runway and it ultimately bit her in the ass.

R45 - Charity also said she contracted 'lots of other STIs', all from that one night. SureJan.gif

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2021 2:39 AM

Wow, I did not agree with that lip sync result. I think Charity did the best overall LSFYL but failed worse in the challenge and runway look. Once again, her need to be "quirky" overwhelmed the theme of the runway. On the other side, Scarlett's lip sync was average, especially compared to Charity's. And what was up with Scarlett pulling out a tissue and waving it around? Her runway look was also meh, but at least it seemed applicable to the runway challenge. If anything, both should have been sent packing.

Speaking of the challenge, I love when a queen think they're being strategic when selecting team members and it winds up blowing up in their faces. HAH! Finally, I've come to really love Choriza May, coming across very charming and funny this episode.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2021 7:42 PM

Yeah Scarlett would of gone surely if it wasn't a double save, which only happened because they need X amount of queens for the next challenge of snatch game. Im glad she stayed though she gives great talking heads and is cute. They hate Charity for some reason she wont last much longer. And that Spice Girls song when Say you'll be there was right there.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2021 5:43 AM

Why did they cast Charity if they seem to hate literally everything she does? I donā€™t get it. Itā€™s getting a bit overbearing how they let others slide by, yet drag her constantly. think sheā€™s amazing.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2021 5:57 AM

No one respects anyone who has tattoos on their cheeks, much less the trashy, contrived ones she has.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2021 6:10 AM

Her runway was off, it wasn't Spice Girls at all, barely inspired by.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2021 6:31 AM

"I'm a cheetah! A GOTH cheetah! ROWR!!"

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2021 1:59 PM

If they were going to do a double save this season, I'm surprised they didn't do it in Week 2 when Victoria was about to be eliminated due to her injury, or last week just after her elimination became official. This week's lip sync really didn't warrant a double save.

Across the pond and up north, we have another fat bitch messing up her knee, and from the very first mini-challenge at that.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2021 7:46 PM

If there is a thread for Canada season 2, will someone please link it here. The search function is no one's friend.

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2021 9:17 PM

These Season 3 queens are boring.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2021 9:20 PM

r60, re drC2, I left the room for a second when the queens were first entering the workroom and when I came back I said 'wow, they got Latrice Royal' to guest '.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2021 9:47 PM

here r60!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2021 10:05 PM

Charity will be gone soon, and thatā€™s fine with me, but she does have a beautiful face under all those terrible tattoos and prosthetics.

by Anonymousreply 64October 17, 2021 12:10 AM

I was a bit surprised at how genuinely upset the queens appeared to be with Veronica's elimination. There's usually some catty comments, but everyone seemed to be very gracious towards her.

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2021 3:19 AM

Of course the first bio queen ever busts her knee in week one wobbling around on those heels.

Sweetie, leave menā€™s work to the men.

by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2021 5:23 AM

Hmmm, with the way this is progressing, Iā€™d think the final 2 will be Crystal and Kitty. Itā€™s hard for me to imagine any of the others advancing that far. River might have some potential.

Ella can advance to my bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2021 11:38 AM

Agree r61. But Season 2 of UK was always going to be a tough act to follow, these girls definitely aren't as entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 68October 17, 2021 11:43 AM

I donā€™t think Ella is as cute as she thinks she is. This is normally way outside my usual taste but Scarlett is a very cute guy out of drag. But Iā€™d be afraid to break the poor thing in half.

That dumpy Anabis who was out first was also very cute.

by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2021 4:09 PM

What a disappointing runway. I understand that the pandemic made it difficult for queens to put looks together, they hadn't been performing as much as girls during a regular year, etc., but still.. THAT was the best they could do?? Really?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 70October 17, 2021 6:36 PM

Charity was meant to go on Dragula S3, I hope she gets on S4 of the show that embraces her drag.

by Anonymousreply 71October 17, 2021 7:10 PM

I thought Charity's runway was gorgeous. I knew before she said anything that Michelle would ding her for "misunderstanding the assignment."

by Anonymousreply 72October 17, 2021 7:14 PM

To me, the runway category was basically an invitation to do mediocre Halloween drag, which the vast majority of them did. Crystalā€™s Baby Spice but with Big Posh Spice Energy and Charity as Scaryā€™s spirit animal were the only two looks that felt like they had anything to say.

Emma Bunton really comes across like a fun ā€œjust regular folkā€ lady and seems very tickled that sheā€™s an icon to millennials.

by Anonymousreply 73October 17, 2021 7:21 PM

OMG! Talk about really bad challenges - both team's "comedy" challenges were so unfunny. Some queens who should have been eliminated for the challenge were lucky enough to have good looks on the runway. Wasn't surprised by the bottom two and was glad the UK nightmare is over.

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2021 6:38 AM

I know nothing can follow up the lightning in a bottle that was UK S2, but this season is a bust (ha-ha). Ru seems totally joyless and checked out. I guess, though, that's because Down Under, UK S3, and All Stars International were filmed so close together.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2021 4:25 PM

R75 any fans came for Ru when she complained about the challenge being lackluster, saying it had been done so many time before so what did she expect when criticizing she wanted to see something "new". Next week is Snatch Game and, as usual, I'm interested to see who the queens will choose to impersonate - and how funny/good they are.

by Anonymousreply 76October 23, 2021 2:29 PM

Were the commercials good? No. But Ru and Michelle have pretended other skits were funny when they really weren't. Ru just being bored I do suspect is more of a commentary of how he is constantly having to film seasons back to back now, he is personally just bored and looking for something new.

Not that I even blame him, but it is interesting. In last years he would have politely laughed and still crowned a winner.

by Anonymousreply 77October 23, 2021 5:46 PM

Iā€™m starting to see the rumored behind the scenes problems leaking into the show. The judges look tired and pissed. The show and cast is still miles better than the current US seasons. Ru was smart to keep Scarlett just as she was smart to keep Pearl. Cute guy and can bring the teen idol audience.

Itā€™s actually a huge relief that Victoria was disqualified early. The whole season wouldā€™ve revolved around her and her story. Iā€™m glad to go back to watching a drag competition and not a Make A Wish pageant for dumpy white women who canā€™t even walk on heels.

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2021 1:27 AM

The best queen in this one is Kitty, who would be out within the first 3 weeks on the US version.

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2021 3:09 AM

So apparently Chorizo May has sizemeat

by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2021 1:48 PM

Hinky judging this week, although Snatch Game was pretty good.

I'm starting to think DRUK would benefit from dropping Ru and Michelle and having British hosts/judges Ơ la Canada and EspaƱa.

by Anonymousreply 81October 29, 2021 9:27 AM

I have no problem with this week's winner. Ella killed it in Snatch Game as well as bringing a good look to the runway, especially compared to some of the other queens. Also have no problems with the bottom two, although it was a bit strange to have a double elimination although the lip sync was bad but, as with some other LSFYLs, I think it had more to do with the song than anything else. At the end, we have a top five and it should be interesting to see who goes next. Vanity and Scarlett seem to be just hanging on with nothing too fabulous or remarkable to make an impact, while Krystal, Kitty and Ella have shown talent and looks.

by Anonymousreply 82October 29, 2021 3:51 PM

I think River acquitted herself as well as anyone could to Luluā€™s ā€œShoutā€ - a corny and ultimately quite boring and repetitive uptempo that seems like it was recorded for junior varsity majorette teams. Choriza is very loveable even if her drag is a bit panto dame by way of Valencia, but she is noticeably inhibited when she actually has to perform.

I know that season two was probably lightening in a bottle but the difference between last seasonā€™s top 5 and this seasonā€™s is embarrassingly clear. Chippy Scarlett isnā€™t half as much fun as Lawrenceā€™s self-indulgent actressy tantrums and Tia Kofi herself wouldnā€™t have touched that lime runway dress with a barge pole. Krystal (clearly destined for the win) canā€™t hold a candle to Aā€™hora when it comes to fashion slut aesthetic or Ellieā€™s baby queen prodigiousness. Ella had a deserved win last night but for the trade of the season, she seems like she could be Tayceā€™s accountant. Kitty seems like a second understudy for Baga and Cheryl Hole on a third national tour. Vanity is a complete ā€œwho?ā€ None of them are even in the same galaxy as Bimini.

A big let down.

by Anonymousreply 83October 29, 2021 5:38 PM

I love how Michelle read Choriza for being "predictable" in Snatch Game yet Scarlett was safe doing the scream from [italic]Home Alone[/italic] over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 84October 29, 2021 5:41 PM

Choriza's new single, featuring the EspaƱa gurls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 29, 2021 5:45 PM

Willam claims on the latest [italic]Race Chaser[/italic] that Charity and Ru had an unaired blowup . . .

After being told by Ru to step it up and bring something different during critiques, Charity was allegedly caught muttering as she left the stage, "I don't need this. If it was good enough for [italic]Vogue[/italic] ..."

After the queens came back following deliberations, Ru allegedly confronted Charity: "So you think you're too good for my show? You don't need this? Say it to my face, bitch."

by Anonymousreply 86October 29, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]A big let down.

Victoria and Veronica leaving early pretty much tanked the remainder of the season. I like the queens who are left as individuals, but they're not strong enough or cohesive enough as a group to make for good TV.

by Anonymousreply 87October 29, 2021 6:52 PM

I think the younger hotter queens get away with more than the others. For example the pop justice forum are up in arms because River received negative critiques for doing the exact same thing as Kitty, which was just recite quotes by the characters. But the difference being that kitty did it with gusto, she was actually really funny and I thought sheā€™d win tbh. Where as river literally read the quotes out in the same accent she always does, dull.

by Anonymousreply 88October 29, 2021 8:43 PM

Yeah, Kitty worked a schtick with the bronzer, and she did a (marginally) better job of making the quotes work in context of the questions. River did basically the same thing as Alyssa Edwards in All Stars 2, but without the panache.

I had no idea, by the way, that Nigella Lawson actually said "mee-kro-wah-vay."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 29, 2021 9:02 PM

R87, Victoria leaving meant absolutely nothing aside from a bunch of forced over the top praise from the judges and unearned airtime being taken over by someone who only had mediocre talent to begin with.

At least the show can be about drag queens now, not some validation of her existence to pander to the showā€™s female fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 90October 29, 2021 9:31 PM

R90 Agreed. The only notable thing Victoria Scone did was complain about being called fat.

I think the biggest problem this season is Ru (and I liked her on seasons 1 & 2 of uk drag race). Sheā€™s not really gelled with the show much this season. Maybe cos it was filmed under strict lockdown in a different studio (maybe with a different crew?).

by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2021 9:07 AM

Tell me more about the rumoured behind the scenes dramas

by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2021 9:28 AM

Among the remaining five, who do DLers see making the top three and eventual winner? Place your bets.

by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2021 1:07 PM

I think itā€™ll be Kitty, Ela and Krystal. And I guess K will win.

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2021 2:41 PM

I'm enjoying Drag Race Canada more.

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2021 3:01 PM

Kristal does nothing for me. I'd much rather see Kitty get it, but I won't hold my breathe.

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2021 7:46 PM

Hopefully its Kitty or Ella. I think they will give the win the Krystal though cause a fashion twink hasnt won yet on the UK series.

by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2021 8:14 PM

One week with no winner then the next with a double elimination for a bad LSFYL. This is not a good season.

by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2021 8:47 PM

Ella as Nigella looked exactly like Laura Benanti. Interestingly, a couple of weeks earlier, he looked just like Patti LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 99October 31, 2021 1:22 PM

R86, I'd take that tea with a pinch of salt. Willam is a fucking liar and it's well known he'll say anything to make RuPaul look bad.

by Anonymousreply 100October 31, 2021 9:28 PM

Best episode of DR (any franchise) in years. It was really fun just to focus on the queens racing around as they got ready for the different runways. It was a great change from the usual shit the producers try to pass off as dance/song/acting challenges.

The LSFYL was engaging and the song choice could not have played into Milanā€™s wheelhouse any better if sheā€™d chosen it herself.

Added bonus: Michelle Visage looked the best sheā€™s looked in years. Whoever did her makeup and hair excelled themselves.

by Anonymousreply 101November 5, 2021 5:00 AM

Dunno, R101. It reminded me of those cooking shows (Masterchef) where the contestants are set difficult cooking challenges to make with impossibly short preparation times. It just makes the contestants more likely to fail. What was the point of this three-look obstacle course?

The only thing I liked about the episode was when they were each asked to nominate the one look amongst their fellow competitors that they most admired. That added a much-needed touch of positivity in this sour tasting, hastily-produced U.K. Series 3. Ru and the producers really fucked up when they put this series together on such a tight budget and short shooting schedule (initial production took 11 days to shoot in total it is claimed). It also didn't help that they sent home some of the most interesting and nicest queens early. They really should try cutting down on the manipulated drama. Of course, Victoria Scone dropping out through injury left a huge void as well.

All in all, this third series has been a huge disappointment. Thank goodness for Drag Race Canada's second season.

by Anonymousreply 102November 5, 2021 9:51 AM

The season only improved when Victoria left. Yeah, this is the weakest of the UK seasons but still miles above current US. Iā€™ve been watching UK back to back with Canada and quality drop in every conceivable way is so noticeable. UK still has a few more good years they can squeak out of it.

by Anonymousreply 103November 5, 2021 11:29 AM

Wasn't surprised by this week's results. I think Scarlett was coasting for the past few weeks while the others were presenting more memorable challenges and looks. And Vanity killed that Lip Sync. As to the top four, I think any one of them are deserving to be the winner although Vanity seemed to have stepped up in the past few weeks rather than being strong throughout the run of the series.

by Anonymousreply 104November 5, 2021 8:34 PM

I don't get why Scarlet thought she was the comedy queen of the season. Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 105November 5, 2021 9:20 PM

Alesha Dixon was a fantastic judge and when they put on Scandalous by Mis-teen and she started rapping her parts of the song I was living. It was an hour and a bit of good tv.

by Anonymousreply 106November 5, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote]I don't get why Scarlet thought she was the comedy queen of the season. Delusional.[/quote]

The UK branch of the Utica Queen School of Comedy?

by Anonymousreply 107November 6, 2021 12:04 AM

R65 tā€™isnā€™t sporting to kick someone when theyā€™re down or heading for the door. Itā€™s not done.

by Anonymousreply 108November 6, 2021 1:01 AM

God I hate acting challenges. Why all of the fart humor in recent drag race episodes?

by Anonymousreply 109November 12, 2021 3:21 PM

That was such a confusing runway - and didn't Ru do a lip sync for the winner earlier in the series? Regardless, I thought Ella was going to be the winner, given the judges' comments, so it seemed strange when there were two saves with the two better performers of the week left on stage. Then to have them lip sync. Sorry to repeat myself but it just seemed so strange. Highlight of the episode - Russell Tovey!

by Anonymousreply 110November 12, 2021 3:35 PM

I'm not sure if it was the editing or not (most likely was), but Russell seemed to be eye fucking Ella.

by Anonymousreply 111November 12, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote]That was such a confusing runway - and didn't Ru do a lip sync for the winner earlier in the series?

Please welcome to the stage: POINTLESS EXERCISE

by Anonymousreply 112November 12, 2021 3:46 PM

Ella didn't know the words, she was obviously so confident that she was in the top she didn't remind herself of the lyrics like the other girls, I thought Kitty won that lip-sync. Kitty for the crown

by Anonymousreply 113November 12, 2021 3:56 PM

Ru loves Kitty because she knows her boomer camp icons.

by Anonymousreply 114November 12, 2021 4:45 PM

I agree r112 and r113. There is no point in having them lip sync and then giving them both a badge anyway. Since we did that it should have been a solo Kitty win.

Tovey did better than I thought he would as a guest judge, he really tried to have fun with it. Made me want to go rewatch some Looking sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 115November 12, 2021 4:46 PM

I was pleasantly surprised that he was willing to be associated with something un-masc.

by Anonymousreply 116November 12, 2021 4:48 PM

PR ploy, R116. Being anti-femme in genderqueer 2021 is a death sentence.

by Anonymousreply 117November 12, 2021 5:15 PM

Kitty Scott Claws is too similar to Lawrence Chaney for her to win. Ru likes to give out diversity crowns these days. Krystal will win as the UKā€™s version of Aquaria.

by Anonymousreply 118November 12, 2021 9:10 PM

R113 I thought there were a few moments where it appeared Kitty had forgotten the words as well, so I suppose the LSFYL could have been a draw, especially since it didn't have any effect in the end with all four queens remaining on the runway. Definitely looked like Russell was into Ella, but as mentioned, it could have been the editing. We all know ALLLL versions of Drag Race love their editing.

by Anonymousreply 119November 12, 2021 10:10 PM

[Quote]Krystal will win as the UKā€™s version of Aquaria.

Aquaria was more interesting than Krystal r118 (she won Snatch Game her season). Krystal isn't a developed queen yet, she is just a look. She needs to grow more and come into her own personality, you can tell she is a young with not a lot of real world experience IMO.

by Anonymousreply 120November 12, 2021 10:17 PM

Iā€™ve never been seriously attracted to a drag queen, but Iā€™d have Ella as boyfriend. So cute out of drag!

In drag, he looks like Cheri Oteri and I canā€™t unsee it. I would be fine with him winning, but it will be Kitty or Krystal. Likely Krystal.

by Anonymousreply 121November 12, 2021 10:23 PM

I canā€™t believe we have one more episode before the final. Put poor Vanity out of her misery.

by Anonymousreply 122November 13, 2021 11:40 AM

I agree that Ella is insanely hot out of drag. So is Russell Tovey.

by Anonymousreply 123November 14, 2021 2:16 AM

R122, she might win. The show lost all credibility when they crowned reigning dud Sonique. Theyā€™re just being Pander Bears right now. You donā€™t have to be good to win, just a zeitgeist-y minority.

by Anonymousreply 124November 16, 2021 7:54 PM

I canā€™t get over how ridiculous Krystalā€™s sister looks with those massive bolt-ons. Do straight guys really find that attractive?

by Anonymousreply 125November 18, 2021 10:31 PM

Short answer is yes, R125.

So do you think they'll be giving the crown to Ella next week?

by Anonymousreply 126November 19, 2021 3:07 AM

Looks like the crown is either Ella or Kitty's to win unless Vanity pulls out some miracle for the finale. Or Ru decides to be socially aware. As for this week though. Ella and Kitty both killed the roast with a slight edge going to Ella who seemed more at ease, more fluid in her delivery and just a bit more funny. Vanity and Krystal were simply not funny - a few chuckles here and there but not consistently funny like the other two. Wasn't really thrilled with the Goddess runway looks, although I give credit to Ella for NOT going with a gold ensemble and wearing blue which stood out against the other three.

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2021 3:11 AM

I agree R127, Vanity certainly will need to pull out a miracle next week to win considering she was eliminated this week.

by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2021 6:02 AM

Haha Vanity shows up uninvited to the final. I hope it goes to kitty but Ella would also be fine, I can see both of them doing well career wise in the UK. I canā€™t imagine what Crystal will do after this if she wins.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2021 7:27 AM

I, of course, meant Krystal in the final three and a possible chance of winning. For all of Krystal's looks which were stunning, mixing up her name with Vanity's just goes to my impression that she doesn't really have much of a presence other than "youngest drag queen (with multiple plastic work)". Difficult to remember or name one challenge where Krystal was memorable. Can't even recall who she impersonated in Snatch Game. But I can see Ru awarding her the crown as a way of trying to win over the younger and up-and-coming generation of drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2021 1:46 PM

Vanityā€™s Scandalous lip sync is the most memorable thing this season.

by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2021 8:12 AM

She was stunning. Also memorable was Ruā€™s admiration for Chorizaā€™s ā€˜meatiest tuck weā€™ve ever seen across all the showsā€™ then Cā€™s delightful Spanish accented reply that she would be sure to keep it tidily tucked away ā€˜up her bum bumā€™ if necessary!

by Anonymousreply 132November 21, 2021 8:21 AM

Ella and her bf both look hot, kitty is too loud, reminds me of Lawrence Chaney toned down a bit

by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2021 1:35 PM

Yeah, Kitty will probably win the crown but she is a charity shop Chaney.

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2021 4:01 PM

I'm shocked Krystal won. I thought it was clearly between Kitty and Ella.

This and Sonique winning the last All Stars is one of the few times when the winner was actually unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 135November 25, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote]Getting Aquaria/Gigi/Gottmik 'created in a RPDR lab' vibe from Krystal Versace. Not surprised at all that she won the challenge, I'm expecting her to win the entire competition, actually.

I love being right, although I do admit to being somewhat shocked.

by Anonymousreply 136November 25, 2021 8:54 PM

Just checked the thread for the winner and now donā€™t have to watch the episode. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 137November 25, 2021 10:19 PM

I was rooting for Ella, but I knew Krystal would probably win. Iā€™m good with that. It was a great Top 3. All of them were deserving.

by Anonymousreply 138November 26, 2021 12:45 AM

As always with Drag Race UK, reminder that there is no cash prize so it doesn't really matter that much who wins honestly. The stakes feel more real when someone is getting a big check.

by Anonymousreply 139November 26, 2021 12:49 AM

Kitty definitely won that last lipsync, and Ella won the challenge. Either one would have been a deserving winner. Ah well...

by Anonymousreply 140November 26, 2021 12:10 PM

The final was deadly dull.

by Anonymousreply 141November 26, 2021 6:33 PM

Saw it coming really. Winners are now a diversity pick based off previous winners. Canā€™t have 2 the same in a franchise since the fiasco of all white, plastic,skinny winners of the All Stars franchise which saw a tie in Season 4 allowing Monet Xchange a title to broaden the scope of winners. (Chad, Alaska, Trixie and Trinity)

by Anonymousreply 142November 26, 2021 7:50 PM

Ella's final runway and lip sync were sloppy, but she wasn't 100% because she had hurt her back the night before. I wanted Kitty to win, but I knew Krystal had it in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 143November 26, 2021 7:59 PM

Interesting, R143. I had wondered about Ella's lacklustre performance.

I love Dusty Springfield but that was a terrible choice of song to use for a lip-sync showpiece.

by Anonymousreply 144November 26, 2021 8:10 PM

I wanted Ella to win, but I knew after the interview that she wouldnā€™t win. Ru and Michelle clearly liked the other 2 more.

by Anonymousreply 145November 26, 2021 9:09 PM

R145

Especially Krystal

by Anonymousreply 146November 26, 2021 9:19 PM

I found it amusing that Ru brought up "queens who were accused of being failed actors who turned to drag as an outlet", and pointedly asked Ella if that was her story.

by Anonymousreply 147November 26, 2021 9:28 PM

^ I thought she was shading RosƩ, but good point re: Willam

by Anonymousreply 148November 26, 2021 9:30 PM

It's sad that there is no Brit crew this season, DRUK2 had sexy guys

by Anonymousreply 149November 26, 2021 10:25 PM

Drag Race UK winner: 'I'm going to take on the world'

The winner of RuPaul's Drag Race UK series three on her victory - and what she'd like to do after appearing on the BBC Three show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 26, 2021 10:50 PM

I was fine with Krystal or Kitty. Ella was a total bore and I knew she lost when Ru and the judges were heavy on the verbal tip during critiques.

by Anonymousreply 151November 27, 2021 12:22 AM

Kitty Scott was robbed. Krystal? Fucking KRYSTAL? Wow...I mean it just proved they don't pick winners based on talent or skill, they just needed a Violet Chachki type. If there is a season 4 I will guarantee a black queen will win. Or if they do a UK All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 152November 27, 2021 2:00 PM

I for sure thought Krystal would be third. Did not see that win coming at all.

by Anonymousreply 153November 27, 2021 2:03 PM

I think the show doesn't see individual queens they see types. Vivian was the bitch, Lawrence the comedy big girl, Krystal the young queen with potential. I honestly think they went, "we have Lawrence, we can't have Kitty." In the end it does not matter - all their booking fees will increase but they should thank god for KItty or that season would have truly sucked.

"I have two badges and a sash." "I and I have three badges..." "And no sash.."

by Anonymousreply 154November 27, 2021 2:20 PM

I really think Krystal was chosen as winner simply to boost RuPaul and the Drag Race brand, trying to market to a younger drag audience. Let's face, many of the queens featured are "old" to begin with and those from the early years of RPDR are aging. Need to keep drawing in new blood to keep the franchise going.

by Anonymousreply 155November 27, 2021 3:15 PM

I preferred the Brit Crew in Season 1, R149. Especially the really tall one and the bald hairy one. I still think about the hairy one twerking in Cheryl Hole's product advertisement.

There is no Pit Crew for Canada's Drag Race Season 2, either. I really hope this isn't a newly retired feature of the program, in order to make it more sanitized to the masses. The Pit Crew on Down Under was one of the very few watchable parts of that particular iteration.

by Anonymousreply 156November 27, 2021 5:40 PM

Drag Race Italia has a yummy Pit Crew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 27, 2021 5:43 PM

Smelly Sean from the first few seasons of Drag Race is the pit crew god.

by Anonymousreply 158November 27, 2021 9:00 PM

I mean Kitty Scott Claws is 29. If you check the social media votes though Krystal was above Ella and Kitty - maybe because she was more of a instagram queen.

by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2021 9:16 PM

Even though he apparently started some scammy magazine, Miles with his big bulge was my favorite. I mean when you have guys in underwear having a hung pit crew was nice.

by Anonymousreply 160November 27, 2021 9:19 PM

r100 yeah but IRL it was weird shaped and thin.

by Anonymousreply 161November 27, 2021 9:21 PM

R156 I'm sure it's because there's a worldwide pandemic and not because they're trying to sanitize the show.

by Anonymousreply 162November 28, 2021 2:15 AM

Kitty was great but Krystal was more consistent throughout. Kitty will also be a better alternative for All Stars in the future. Iā€™m sure that weighs heavily on their decision making.

They can get rid of the Pit Crew for all I care. Iā€™ll never understand why drag queens need to be connected to generically hot go go dancers. Itā€™s even in all their music videos. Iā€™m as big a dickpig as anyone else but I donā€™t watch Drag Race for the eye candy and I can go one hour without having to see someoneā€™s cum gutters.

by Anonymousreply 163November 28, 2021 3:32 AM

r163 well if you are going on consistency Ella should have won with 4 wins under her belt. Both Kitty and Ella were in the final three, KV had to lipsync and let's be honest. Vanity won that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 164November 28, 2021 1:33 PM

I was rooting for Ella but, of the three, she seemed the least experienced and engaged lip sync performer. Her runway look was also a fail, looking like an amateur in drag rather than a drag artist. Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 165November 28, 2021 1:52 PM

Yes, I really came to like Ella, but her finale look and lip sync were really bad.

by Anonymousreply 166November 28, 2021 4:48 PM

Can we just admit that the drag name ā€œKrystal Versaceā€ is unoriginal and boring. How many queens named Crystal/Krystal have been on Drag Race? Too many! Kitty and Ella had true drag names. Come on girls, put some thought into your drag name.

by Anonymousreply 167November 28, 2021 9:23 PM

There was Crystal (Beth) from UK S1 and Crystal Methyd from US S12, along with Ariel Versace from US S11.

by Anonymousreply 168November 28, 2021 9:29 PM

When will the Versace family sue for copyright violation?

by Anonymousreply 169November 29, 2021 12:48 AM

Versace is vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 170November 29, 2021 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!