Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Frank Lampard Jr alright?

He....doesn’t look it.

Did he take the Euros loss that hard? Could managing Chelsea FC for 18 months really do all that to a man? Did Gerrard really break his heart that badly this time? What is going on with Lampsy’s life that has sucked all the vitality out of him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2022 1:49 AM

I still fondly remember him getting a blowjob in that leaked group sex video of British footballers having fun with their groupies that happened ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2021 9:33 PM

R1 hold my beer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2021 10:06 PM

Seriously though, Mad Franky looks so depressed these days. Maybe he’s just bored and lonely stuck at home with the kids with nothing to do.

Mind you, I would be down on myself as well if BBC Sport made me explain my biggest career failure live on telly to millions for no reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2021 10:12 PM

Frank’s microexpressions are legendary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2021 11:21 PM

R1 what was so pathetic and sad about that was the fact that the footballers (Lamps, Rio, and some other bloke I can’t remember now) only did it to steal thunder and headlines because were so envious of their mates who got picked for England that year. Imagine being that bitter and petty.

Still, they were young lads at the time (about 21, iirc), and I guess these things happen when testosterone fuels self-pity. Happy those girls got a nice chunk of change from the tabloids for the tape.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2021 10:18 AM

Whispers are saying he could be the next England manager.

Think I’d like him as the next Youth team gaffer, but not the Seniors. Not yet, anyway. He need years more experience, and time to get over the Chelsea humiliation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2021 11:40 AM

Imagine if we put all that money and time and energy and manpower toward something positive for the earth and mankind?

People waste so much time.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2021 12:15 PM

R7 life is difficult, disappointing, painful and stupid for almost everyone. Let’s find enjoyment where we can, and not begrudge others what they feel they need to get by.

Football is a very interesting phenomenon, in that it’s providing a safe outlet for international tensions, as well as psychological comfort, channel and catharsis to masses of fairly desperate people. That doesn’t make the exploitation of those masses right, nor does it exonerate what the elites who run the game are doing; however, there’s no denying that the game as we know it now fulfills an emotional security need and an identity question that many have.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2021 2:20 PM

TBT the time several years ago when Anton Hysen (Glen Hysen’s gay son, who also played pro football) was on a Swedish podcast, and told a story about how he once was making out with Frank in a random nightclub. Anton said it was more than one quick drunk snog, more like full on groping and grinding as well as kissing, and lasted ages.

To this day I wonder if that is actually a true story (not just a case of mistaken identity or false memory cooked up while high), and if it is true then why British media never picked it up and nobody else ever mentioned it besides a scant few football fan forum users and a Swedish gossip blogger.

Frank really does strike me as a former player who could be gay or bi. He’s incredibly touchy or sensitive about certain things that don’t bother other players, quite guarded and serious about his personal life & beliefs, and I know from second-hand reports that he was always a bit reticent and ambivalent about the cleat-chaser culture and women throwing themselves at him (he was screamingly high and felt pressured by his mates doing the sex tape—not an exoneration of his behaviour, just context). His cousin Jamie ‘Redders’ Redknapp used to despair of his hopelessness with women, which is also something the current Spurs side say about their mate Eric Dier (rumoured to be gay...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2021 9:29 PM

He just needs a tight warm hole to unload in.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2021 9:31 PM

R10 tell me about it, mate. So relieved I got the England call-up this year, my arse needed a break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2021 6:52 AM

Dunno why he doesn’t just apologise to Gerrard and get it back on with him.

Pair of moody fuckers are clearly obsessed with and made for each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2021 6:54 AM

where r the nudes?

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2021 1:10 PM

R13 Mourinho has them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2021 3:51 PM

He’s against massively expensive transfers, so maybe this unprecedented week of Premier League spending has broken him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2021 12:05 AM

This could explain it. His wife has pretty horrible reputation, Bitch is one of the milder comments I've heard about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2021 12:16 AM

R16 Frank cried during his wedding to her. Never a good sign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2021 10:07 AM

What I find so odd about Christine is her adamant belief that she’s going to be together with Frank forever faithfully, when he cheated on the mother of his two kids to get with her in the first place and she knows very well what football culture is like.

Irish Catholics tend to be well hypocritical about all that, though.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2021 10:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2021 7:50 PM

Chelsea will challenge for the Prem title this season. Bet Frank is kicking himself, now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2021 11:29 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Current England footballer Jadon Sancho is a huge fan of Frank, and idolised him growing up in training. Aww.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2021 9:37 PM

Christine is friends with Sparkle too? I had no idea. She really is a good networker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2021 10:19 AM

Small fucking world . Every bloody thread leads back to Markle somehow on DL.

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2021 11:02 AM

I never heard that Anton story, R9. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2021 11:34 AM

R25 it’s wild. The first I heard of it was several months ago, stumbling across a link to the podcast by accident while looking for something else and someone else entirely (though still about Swedish football).

Could hardly believe what Anton said, and that he put it out there so nonchalantly—the players know that we all know that there is plenty of gay/bi activity going on in football, but usually no-one violates the Fight Club rule.

If it’s a true story, then it’s safe to assume Frank must have somehow mugged Anton off after their little encounter, severely enough to warrant a bombshell.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2021 2:17 PM

Yeah, that would make sense, R26. I don't think he'd just volunteer that information without a reason...basically outing him.

The only other player I can think of who volunteered information (but didn't name names) was Marco Borriello who said he believed there were bisexual players at Milan, Juve and Genoa.

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2021 4:41 PM

Scottish loanee player Billy Gilmour recently got a load of homophobic abuse from the stands at the week 1 Norwich vs. Liverpool match. Don’t even think he’s gay, but he got tons of grief anyway.

When stuff like this happens, you can see why players fear stepping out. That said, he only way to shut bullies up and put them in their place is to front them out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2021 11:45 PM

Ugh...there are so many idiots in this world, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2021 2:15 AM

I'm not a huge football fan, but is Lampard supposedly really intelligent or am I thinking of another one?

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2021 2:25 AM

R30 yes, that’s Frank. Relatively-speaking, his IQ score is quite high (over 150, as measured in 2009), and unlike most footballers he studied to attain strong A-Level marks in academic subjects. Of course, by the standards of European football this isn’t as impressive; dozens of top-flight non-English players have Baccalaureate educations, University degrees and speak multiple languages fluently. But we have to work with what we’ve got.

Frank’s punditry stint on BT Sport also made it clear that his English vocabulary is bigger than the majority of other players. I still remember him once casually using the word ‘bemoan’ during a critique, and his fellow pundit and close friend Rio Ferdinand giving him the most quizzical look (obviously never having heard the word before and unsure of its meaning).

How Frank dodged the Redknapp gene for inherently aggressive stupidity is a miracle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2021 8:32 AM

For contextual comparison, this is Frank’s cousin (or half brother, depending how technical you want to get) Jamie.

Twice as good-looking as Frank, but sadly half as intelligent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2021 10:55 AM

To my pleasant shocked surprise, not once during this whole month of Jack Grealish drama has anyone brought up the unnatural stint Frank put in at Man C*ty for the 2014-15 season as a comparison.

That move looked and felt wrong in so many deep horrible levels. I cried that summer, honestly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2021 10:52 PM

TBT the bad old days of the Euro qualifiers 2007 when Lamps refused to break bread with new callup and racist thug scouser Joey Barton, because the latter had repeatedly been talking shit about Frank (and also Stevie G.) in the press and on social media in the years before. This snub led to verbals (in front of the squad Joey yelled that Frank was “a fat pig”, knowing Lampard is very sensitive about his weight) and a near punch-up in the cafeteria at St. George’s Park (only defused by Gerrard’s peaceable dry humour).

That event, juvenile and embarrassing as it was, catalysed total change in the England camp thereafter, and triggered the chain of replacement managers ending with responsible touchy-feely cooperation-oriented kumbaya scapegoat Southgate coming up for the Gaffer role (where he didn’t have much of a hope before?. The affectionate and open supportiveness of the players in the England team we see today is, by careful design, a pushback against the problems Lamps & co. experienced and engendered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2021 9:02 AM

In twenty years, it’s going to be Skipper Harper Beckham captaining new call-up Pat Lampard in the Womens’ England team.

Christine sounds so bitter that she’s raising a football dyke and her husband is loving it.

[quote] CHRISTINE: Do you know the really pathetic thing though is that [Frank] talks to her like she's a premier league player! He tells her off [when she plays], saying, “No, kick it one, two, one two…”—a proper football conversation! And I say, “She's two and a half, Frank!” So she doesn't stand a chance, she has to be a footballer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2021 6:59 PM

Frank had a really pretty fit luscious body in his 30s, but we all slept on it and called him fat no less.

Now he’s destined for the paunchiness of managerdom, and it’s too late to appreciate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2021 10:07 AM

The Redknapp gene for looks is so powerful lmao all his kids look the spit of him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2021 9:48 PM

How long has she had those blindingly white teeth?

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2021 9:58 PM

Mad Franky might be getting the Gaffer role at Ipswich Town soon. Bet Christine will be pleased to have the McMansion to herself again, without him shuffling around the place in sweatpants and micromanaging their infant daughter all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 13, 2021 8:43 PM

The Lampards spent Xmas in Belfast. Christine trying to get Franky in with the RA eh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2022 8:33 PM

Mans literally broke his hand celebrating an Everton win vs Newcastle lmao this disaster club is going to destroy him

Guess the Redknapp gene for weak snappable bones and low testosterone jumped out!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 20, 2022 11:41 AM

Dear me, Frank just absolutely battered *his own team* in a press conference, over the players being a bunch of lazy bottlejobs collecting their cheque (80% of them do fit this description, tbf).

Think he’s bitten off more than he can chew, with this job. May have been smarter and more productive to start humbly, take a position as the assistant at a Championship club or as the manager for a youth squad would have been wiser.

Frank looks so stressed out; you can tell by the change of depth in his forehead furrows. Now more than ever, he needs Stevie, to rub his shoulders and tell him he’s secure and loved and still very sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 23, 2022 2:38 PM

I know nothing about soccer, but when I first saw the reference to Chelsea and Man City, I thought it was an article about Chelsea Manning.

by Anonymousreply 43March 23, 2022 2:42 PM

R43 mate you’re so lucky EPL football only emotionally traumatises people!!! we Brits all grow up deranged cos of it honestly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2022 3:15 PM

Frank really just needs a cuddle off his adopted favourite son Mason Mount💞

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2022 11:30 AM

Really in his Struggle Era😔

Feel so bad for the geez he doesn’t deserve all this grief. He tries and he gives but it just ain’t cracking on for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 1, 2022 12:33 AM

Genuinely think Chels have been cursed. First Lampsy, then JT, now R0man. Blues fall like dominoes..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2022 8:35 PM

^^^

+the Brentford smacking today😞

RIP Chelsea F.C. 1905–2022

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 3, 2022 12:43 AM

if my brother's hbd post was of him selling me to fucking everton to play under frank fucking lampard i wouldn't invite him to my gay spursy present opening party either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2022 2:30 PM

Why is Frank hanging out with Ed Sheeran?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2022 10:53 PM

This past week, Sky Sports Retro have been posting a fair few videos featuring old clips of Frank.

Meaning he’s probably soon to get the sack from his managerial role, and slink off back to BT Sport to do the punditry again like he should have been doing all along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2022 11:11 PM

Frank’s absolutely getting it all ways from the Universe at the moment, poor bloke. He looks so crushed. Just needs a few wins.

Wanna make him a cuppa and give him a cuddle while we watch Bake Off in his massive Tory living room☕️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2022 10:40 AM

Lamps!!!!! SAUR glad he avoided relegation!!!! Never in doubt🚀🌤💙

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2022 8:30 AM

[quote]Scottish loanee player Billy Gilmour recently got a load of homophobic abuse from the stands at the week 1 Norwich vs. Liverpool match. Don’t even think he’s gay, but he got tons of grief anyway. Then stuff like this happens, you can see why players fear stepping out. That said, he only way to shut bullies up and put them in their place is to front them out.

The "homophobic abuse" in this case was chanting RENT BOY at the player.

Chelsea has a programme of signing young players and then loaning them out to other clubs. They make a significant profit when the clubs permanently sign the players and restrict smaller clubs from developing players and making a profit themselves if they then sell them on.

Gilmour came through the Rangers youth system and signed for Chelsea when he was 16. He barely played and is now out on loan. That's why they were chanting at him.

It's not pleasant but they weren't suggesting he was gay, just driven by cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2022 8:59 AM

He's my dream father honestly!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 17, 2022 5:02 PM

Frank's looking a lot better, well-rested and ready and upbeat for the new season.

His appearance as a guest on the High Performance podcast is really interesting and thoughtful, a highly recommended listen. Except when he talks about his beard-wife, but he barely mentions her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2022 9:33 PM

^well, spoke too soon, din't I?

My heart goes out to both Frank and Stevie G. Must be so hard to be someone's soulmate when Fate keeps ripping you apart and pitting you against one another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2022 9:14 PM

Could Frank not afford anything better than loungewear to wear pitchside during the AVL-EVE match? Gerrard had a nice shirt and tie on despite the heat, while Frank looked like he just rolled off the sofa to grab a beer. Still, it showed F’s nice perky nips, so thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2022 1:37 AM

R58 they both looked fuckable imo, just in different ways. Like DILF at the office and DILF at home.

Bet the sexual tension was so thick that day...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2022 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!