Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Piedmont Park Murder Part Two

911 Call reporting the murder of Katie Janness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509August 17, 2021 9:11 PM

I tried to find evidence she was gutted and had her eye lids cut out, but haven’t found it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2021 10:24 PM

The news report above says "the details are so disturbing" but they don't elaborate. The 911 call excerpts aren't very descriptive either.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2021 10:26 PM

I got my eye on the girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2021 10:30 PM

"Did you see that? That's my fuckin' girlfriend" was weird.

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2021 10:31 PM

"That's my fucking girlfriend."

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2021 10:32 PM

It’s a shame the pit bull didn’t rip the face off of the killer.

If ever there was a time…

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2021 10:33 PM

This could be a meth job. Apparently the tweakers are turning violent all of the sudden. Maybe something in the stuff.

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2021 10:37 PM

I just listened to the 911 call. Did I hear correctly a male voice in the background say "what the fuck?"

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2021 10:40 PM

I can't listen.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2021 10:47 PM

It's the girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2021 10:49 PM

I'm sorta thinking that too and I feel terrible about it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2021 10:50 PM

[Quote] I can't listen.

The audio is brief and not exploitative. And it appears to be with the girlfriend's permission. There's interview footage with her (and her father, I guess) at the end.

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2021 10:51 PM

There surely is video of the girlfriend walking towards and into the park. You can’t get from Henry’s to the 10th Street entrance without crossing the 10th & Piedmont intersection where the victim was seen on camera in the rainbow crosswalk. There is video of the other entrance further up Piedmont too, and the girlfriend most likely would have used one or the other. The turnaround time between when she last saw her and finding the body was pretty quick, like an hour if I’m not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2021 11:01 PM

If the girlfriend played a part in the murder, I don't think it involved actually commuting the murder.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2021 11:03 PM

Did that one guy on the video have a cane?

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2021 11:03 PM

*If the girlfriend played a part in the murder, I don't think it involved actually committing the murder.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2021 11:03 PM

Is being “dead dead” sort of like being raped raped?

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2021 11:04 PM

Luckily all of the black folks are wearing white, so they can be ruled out, no blood. because they'd probably be arrested otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2021 11:08 PM

Might the runner have stashed his bloody clothes somewhere out of camera shot, where he could retrieve them after exiting the park in front of the CCTV camera?

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2021 11:10 PM

Where’s part 1?

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2021 11:11 PM

[Quote] Where’s part 1?

Part 1 was mostly a dumpster fire. You're better off searching Google.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2021 11:12 PM

Link to Part I:

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2021 11:13 PM

let's try that again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2021 11:13 PM

I hope it doesn’tturns out the girlfriend did it and killed the dog to make people think she’s innocent. That would be NASTY.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2021 11:15 PM

How would she kill the dog, though? Separate it from Katie? If she did it in front of Katie, surely Katie would run?

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2021 11:17 PM

I thought the gfriend said she was driving around looking for them? Very tight timeline.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2021 11:18 PM

The comments on that clip in the OP have the Emma Clark tried and convicted.

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2021 11:18 PM

Damn. According to Reddit they disembowled the dog too

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2021 11:19 PM

I stand by that this involved more than one person.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2021 11:19 PM

*more than one perp.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2021 11:19 PM

I think the girlfriend hired a "large Marge" to take care of things.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2021 11:20 PM

Not to dump on the poor victim and her partner, but maybe walking alone at night, after midnight no less, wasn’t a particularly smart thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2021 11:20 PM

If she knew her killer, it would only take one of them.

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2021 11:20 PM

R32 She probably thought she was safe wit a pit bull by her side, which makes me think that whoever killed her knew her, so the dog was comfortable with that person.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2021 11:21 PM

[Quote] Not to dump on the poor victim and her partner, but maybe walking alone at night, after midnight no less, wasn’t a particularly smart thing to do.

This is a BRAND NEW OBSERVATION.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2021 11:22 PM

I dicked around Piedmont Park and other smaller parks and streets in Atlanta at night. Nothing but fun ever happened. Unless you're selling crack Atlanta is a pretty safe spot

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]I hope it doesn’tturns out the girlfriend did it and killed the dog to make people think she’s innocent.

I'm having difficulty imagining a woman committing this horrific crime but the girlfriend is starting to remind me of the Greek pilot who kept giving interviews after killing his wife and strangling their dog.

[quote]Damn. According to Reddit they disembowled the dog too

Link?

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2021 11:23 PM

It’s easy to be subdued if the attack was unexpected, sudden, and in the dark of night. Outdoor noises have a tendency to blunt our awareness in listening out for danger. I’d think there’s a tendency for dog owners to let their guard down or have added layer of distraction. It just makes it easier for the perpetrator to have vast advantage.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2021 11:23 PM

Exactly r34. As soon as I found out Kato was an Akita, i knew OJ did it. Same with pits. They're looking to defend you violently

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2021 11:24 PM

That's why you have the dog r37. Even the most king Charles cavalier is on high alert. Especially at night

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2021 11:30 PM

Thank you, R35. I thought so. 😉

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2021 11:31 PM

I agree R37. This sounds and feels like either a person with mental health issues, but who functions very well. Otherwise he, and I feel it's a he, should have been caught by now if it was some random crackhead.

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2021 11:32 PM

I wonder if someone in the neighborhood was waiting for her and the dog? If she had a usual routine, that is, of walking at that hour. It would have been awfully hard for just one person to kill a strong dog like a pit bull and the owner.

And, yeah, that girlfriend seems awfully dead inside. Weird case.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2021 11:41 PM

So brave, [R18]. So... insightful. When I commit murder I always wear white (shade depending upon time of day and of course, season of the year) with a tasteful smattering of rainbow nooses sewn into the fabric by non-binary, caffeine free child labourers...

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2021 11:46 PM

R44 is very bad at recognizing cynical wit.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2021 11:48 PM

A child of divorce, I half grew up in a townhouse just south of 10th and Piedmont and was in that park all day, every day during the summers and many evenings any other time. Even as a teenager (early-mid 2000s) I was out and about in Midtown at all times of night and never had any issues.

Regarding the possible witnesses, I'd bet money that the guy with the cane and the guy in the hoodie were cruising.

by Anonymousreply 46August 6, 2021 12:10 AM

If witnesses don't come forward can they get in trouble?

by Anonymousreply 47August 6, 2021 12:12 AM

Or not witnesses, necessarily, but some of the people in the video?

by Anonymousreply 48August 6, 2021 12:13 AM

Do any of you Atlanta folks remember about a M-F couple that was "savagely" attacked in the park, about 2 or 3 years ago, around 3 a.m. or later in the night? They were back in that "new" area, near what is ID'd as the "Dog Park" on the Google Map of the park (which is *directly* back behind where this lady was murdered). They were attacked with a knife by a single assailant, and there was something weird about the story, like maybe it seemed they were likely there in search of drugs or something? I never heard that anyone was arrested for this, or anything else about it, for that matter. There are a LOT of insane homeless people in that vicinity, but even the nuttiest of them has never seemed remotely dangerous to me.

by Anonymousreply 49August 6, 2021 12:20 AM

^ The other salient aspect of that other attack is that the security cameras just weren't working that time, either. Your Atlanta City Government, WORKING for YOU...

by Anonymousreply 50August 6, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote] Unless you're selling crack Atlanta is a pretty safe spot.

I DARE you to walk around Five Points after 11pm

by Anonymousreply 51August 6, 2021 12:30 AM

^It would basically be empty so...fairly safe.

by Anonymousreply 52August 6, 2021 12:34 AM

r8 I didn't reply on the first thread because it was getting toward the end and I didn't want to take up the remaining few replies with this nonsense.

I didn't "clear my cookies and cache" just to attack you, as you claimed. I'm on other threads like "My Parents Disowned My Brother" and "KiwiFarms linked to Prominent Developer’s Suicide." My posts are connected to my login, not my cache. Now just STOP.

by Anonymousreply 53August 6, 2021 12:43 AM

There was recently a thread on here about a runner who went missing, unfortunately I can't find it, but the relatives were kind of odd and people were suspecting them but in the end the guy was found after apparently being overcome by heat, it wasn't foul play at all.

I really think that's what's going on here too, that the girlfriend is just kind of odd, and is acting oddly because of the massive stress and shock of what's happened.

The article linked in the last thread said that the police clarified the cameras were actually working but just not hooked up to the city-wide network, and of course the murderer wouldn't know that the cameras weren't connected, so whoever did this probably didn't plan it. They seem to have just gotten lucky that the cameras didn't catch them.

by Anonymousreply 54August 6, 2021 12:46 AM

[Quote] I didn't "clear my cookies and cache" just to attack you, as you claimed. I'm on other threads like "My Parents Disowned My Brother" and "KiwiFarms linked to Prominent Developer’s Suicide." My posts are connected to my login, not my cache. Now just STOP.

Why bring your beef to this thread?

by Anonymousreply 55August 6, 2021 12:48 AM

Do we know the cameras didn't catch the killer or even the murder?

by Anonymousreply 56August 6, 2021 12:49 AM

Was the guy with the cane cruising for lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 57August 6, 2021 12:52 AM

Give it a rest R53. You have four comments and three are directed at me. You are obsessive and your behavior is not normal. As R55 said, why bring your obsession to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 58August 6, 2021 12:57 AM

I was a manager at an apartment building in Aurora Co and one day Im sitting in the office and I hear screaming. I run out and realize its coming from an apt on the 3rd floor (it was an old motel converted into apts) .I run to the elevator and go up and as Im stepping off I hear this terrible keening. Unearthly . I run down the walkway and one of the apt doors is open and I see blood everywhere. All over the walls and furniture,looked like gallons of it. At the bottom of the wall I see a lump completely covered in blood .And to the side I see the tenant on his knees just rocking and wailing. Apparently the tenants lover had committed suicide and he had discovered him. I was in utter shock,and I dont get unnerved easily. I urged the tenant to go to the office with me while I called 911 .Im sure the 911 operators thought I was a loon as i was barely coherent myself. We didnt know if the guy had been murdered by a trick or what . Anyhoo,the reason I told this story is because you just cant predict how you will react when you find something like that. I had nightmares over it .You couldnt even tell if it was a man or woman,white or black he ws so covered in blood.

by Anonymousreply 59August 6, 2021 1:22 AM

Past violent crime in the park and cameras known not to work for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 6, 2021 2:27 AM

She listened to podcasts walking the dog at 1am. The girlfriend urged her to carry pepper spray and she refused.

Tragic she and the dog were killed but astonishing nothing had happened prior to that. And to be so regular in the walk and taking makes it so easy for someone to target you.

by Anonymousreply 61August 6, 2021 2:32 AM

[Quote] She listened to podcasts walking the dog at 1am. The girlfriend urged her to carry pepper spray and she refused.

Where did you read that?

by Anonymousreply 62August 6, 2021 2:35 AM

Years ago R61 I was reading about how predictable we are. You get up at the same time, you leave for work at the same time, you take the same route to work, etc. We all have our routines. People have posted here about their routes.

by Anonymousreply 63August 6, 2021 2:37 AM

Was she on the spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 64August 6, 2021 2:38 AM

Is the girlfriend on the spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 65August 6, 2021 2:39 AM

Her girlfriends affect is not right, but I think that if she did it she had help I pray she didn’t do it that’s horrible

by Anonymousreply 66August 6, 2021 2:41 AM

Motive?

by Anonymousreply 67August 6, 2021 2:42 AM

Another woman she would kill for?

by Anonymousreply 68August 6, 2021 2:43 AM

They're not legally married, are they?

by Anonymousreply 69August 6, 2021 2:44 AM

If the girlfriend wanted the deceased gone, why did she need to be mutilated the way she was? With body parts taken evidently as souvenirs? What would even be the motive?

I would be very, very surprised if the girlfriend had anything at all to do with this crime.

by Anonymousreply 70August 6, 2021 2:45 AM

Has all that been confirmed, though? Removed organs?

by Anonymousreply 71August 6, 2021 2:47 AM

Where are the gruesome details confirmed? I’ve read dozens of articles and none say this.

by Anonymousreply 72August 6, 2021 2:47 AM

God this is so sad.

The girlfriend is probably completely traumatized. Finding her disemboweled dead partner and their decapitated dog? I would be in a psych hospital. And what motive would she have for violently murdering her partner and their dog? Also didn’t the police call in the FBI immediately? They don’t typically do that if they suspect it’s the victim’s partner.

by Anonymousreply 73August 6, 2021 2:49 AM

R73 Not true at all. The FBI was called in when Chris Watts' wife and kids went missing, if you recall.

by Anonymousreply 74August 6, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] she inevitably would have come to harm at the hands of other predators who easily could clock her patterns.

You don’t know that. My neighbor walks her dogs at night and is 93 and has done it for at least 60 years.

by Anonymousreply 75August 6, 2021 2:57 AM

Don't speak too soon.

by Anonymousreply 76August 6, 2021 2:58 AM

Having been widowed twice, I can tell you your emotions and affect can be all over the map when you lose a partner.

by Anonymousreply 77August 6, 2021 3:00 AM

Statistically speaking, a person is very unlikely to be violently attacked or killed while walking in a city park after dark. Sorry to spoil the fun of the people who think it’s a given that it’ll happen to people if they tempt fate enough. The rare assaults and killings that do occur, and capture our attention, don’t mean that everyone has a good chance of it happening to them.

by Anonymousreply 78August 6, 2021 3:02 AM

True r73 true. Mmm Daddy Chris Watts.

by Anonymousreply 79August 6, 2021 3:04 AM

R62, see link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 6, 2021 3:16 AM

Link R78

by Anonymousreply 81August 6, 2021 3:41 AM

You need a *link* to prove to you that the vast majority of people who go walking in city parks after dark don’t become the victims of violent assault/murder, R81?

by Anonymousreply 82August 6, 2021 3:54 AM

I need a link to your BS post.

by Anonymousreply 83August 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Oops, R82

by Anonymousreply 84August 6, 2021 4:00 AM

All victims are always kind, gentle and/or intelligent. I’d love to see one where they say, “He was the biggest cunt bastard that ever walked the earth. Dumb asf, too. And who could blame somebody from bludgeoning him to death. But we loved him anyway.”

by Anonymousreply 85August 6, 2021 4:00 AM

That goes to the preperator too R85

by Anonymousreply 86August 6, 2021 4:02 AM

lol, R85

by Anonymousreply 87August 6, 2021 4:03 AM

Arch cynic at r85. Borderline ?

by Anonymousreply 88August 6, 2021 4:24 AM

R85 While this deceased person was not murdered, some people call a spade a spade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 6, 2021 4:46 AM

Aww they put dog treats at the shrine. I love you Atlanta. I hope you catch this motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 90August 6, 2021 4:55 AM

That is heartbreaking R90.

by Anonymousreply 91August 6, 2021 5:11 AM

The girlfriend could be in a state of shock .

by Anonymousreply 92August 6, 2021 5:25 AM

You would think if the girlfriend were guilty, she’d fake normal emotions instead of… doing whatever she’s been doing. The most likely explanation for her behavior or affect is that she’s in shock or she’s on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2021 5:39 AM

Her eyes are a bit brooding

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2021 5:45 AM

The police profilers are going to be busy profiling the killer.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2021 6:52 AM

So it’s “inevitable” that a pilot will eventually die in a plane crash because he flies so much?

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2021 7:22 AM

Did anyone else catch the DA last night talking a lot about gang problems in Atlanta lately, during a press conference about Katie's murder? Between that and the police listing "schoolwork not being done" as something to watch out for with regards to odd behavior, I'm thinking they believe the murderer is young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2021 8:49 AM

[quote]Where are the gruesome details confirmed?

They're not confirmed, and my experience with following crime stories like this is that we'll find out a lot of these rumors were false.

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2021 8:51 AM

School work not being done? It’s summer. Has school started yet?

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2021 2:02 PM

First day of school isn't until August 10th, now that you mention it, r99.

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2021 2:04 PM

As someone mentioned on the previous thread, it's hella hot and humid in the summers in Atlanta. Really after 10pm is when it feels that your sweat might evaporate, midnight is comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2021 2:12 PM

Gang initiation?

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2021 2:26 PM

I was thinking that too R102.

by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2021 2:30 PM

R102 Um, yeah...that's it! A gang initiation! That's the ticket!

by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2021 2:31 PM

R102 Gang initiations generally don't involve disembowelment.

by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2021 2:32 PM

She still makes me suspicious

by Anonymousreply 106August 6, 2021 2:32 PM

No, but this one may have. Hope it is solved.

by Anonymousreply 107August 6, 2021 2:37 PM

R105: I'm waiting for someone to claim that space aliens did it.

by Anonymousreply 108August 6, 2021 2:39 PM

Girlfriend would never murder her own dog. You kill your partner but you don’t kill your dog.

by Anonymousreply 109August 6, 2021 2:40 PM

R109, this crime was particularly gruesome and cruel . A very disturbed person did this , a person who hates the victim

by Anonymousreply 110August 6, 2021 2:43 PM

It was not her dog. The victim’s dog

by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2021 2:44 PM

No, it was Emma's dog.

by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2021 2:47 PM

Her 911 call was creepy

by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2021 2:53 PM

R113 Very weird. "That's my fucking girlfriend!" Whaaa?

by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2021 2:54 PM

We don't actually no how gruesome it was. Reddit is not an official source.

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2021 3:02 PM

"I just stumbled across the mutilated bodies of my long-time girlfriend and my beloved dog, when I call 911 I'd better make sure I sound just right, or else everyone on the internet will think I'm the murderer."

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2021 3:05 PM

I hope the gruesome details are just rumors. I really hope that shit didn't happen because it's so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2021 3:06 PM

I know r117😩

by Anonymousreply 118August 6, 2021 3:07 PM

*know not no

by Anonymousreply 119August 6, 2021 3:10 PM

The thing about the mutilation of the bodies: it would take a lot of strength and determination to do the things that have been alleged. Based on what I know about the area, it was a place where car lights would have swept it as cars were heading up the hill, going west from Monroe Drive (in the direction of Peachtree St.), and so the scene would have been exposed to view, however briefly, to people in autos. Tenth St. is a major thoroughfare in that area of town, there would have been traffic on it at 1:00 AM. Only a really crazy person would stick around such an open place, after having just killed a woman and her dog. It would have taken at least 5 minutes, at a minimum, if the mutilation was performed by a very strong person. It just doesn't add up to me, except to think that the killer was totally insane.

by Anonymousreply 120August 6, 2021 4:11 PM

Why was the FBI brought in so fast? Was there something about the crime that triggered their response, like a familiar M.O.?

by Anonymousreply 121August 6, 2021 4:42 PM

The reported mutilation of the victim, R121.

by Anonymousreply 122August 6, 2021 4:44 PM

I think the gf's interview is a mixture of shock and tranquilizers. And she is, as my mother would say, coarse. She curses like a sailor so why would she clean it up in 911 call? Some of you here have a very delicate nature. Go fan yourself, Brenda.

by Anonymousreply 123August 6, 2021 5:19 PM

R123 She's coarse 'cause she's a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 124August 6, 2021 5:20 PM

Her eyes are dead cold

by Anonymousreply 125August 6, 2021 5:22 PM

I would never go by "Brenda."

by Anonymousreply 126August 6, 2021 5:37 PM

[quote]You kill your partner but you don’t kill your dog.

It happened a few months ago in Greece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 6, 2021 5:58 PM

If she is this cold blooded to savagely kill a human being like this , she could kill her dog. I’m not saying she’s guilty, but We have to explore all areas.

by Anonymousreply 128August 6, 2021 6:04 PM

If there is one thing I’ve learned from true crime shows - it’s that the killer NEVER wants to be the one to find their loved one/victim. Always calling someone to check on them, etc. If she had called the cops to check on her at the park I would be more suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 129August 6, 2021 6:12 PM

Oh, please totally inaccurate

by Anonymousreply 130August 6, 2021 6:36 PM

I can’t believe there are so many people who really think the girlfriend did it. Based on nothing.

by Anonymousreply 131August 6, 2021 6:38 PM

R131 Except that she has crazy eyes. And is as cold as a dead fish. And looks like the cunt of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 132August 6, 2021 6:39 PM

None of which is evidence of guilt, R132.

by Anonymousreply 133August 6, 2021 6:40 PM

Enough, r132.

by Anonymousreply 134August 6, 2021 6:41 PM

R133 It's enough for me. She did it.

by Anonymousreply 135August 6, 2021 6:43 PM

DL is notoriously anti-lesbian - of course we think the GF did it.

by Anonymousreply 136August 6, 2021 7:06 PM

I was thinking the same thing, R102.

by Anonymousreply 137August 6, 2021 7:08 PM

The jogger seen in the security cam video came forward and is talking to the police.

by Anonymousreply 138August 6, 2021 7:29 PM

It frightens me that people like R132 could end up on a jury some day.

by Anonymousreply 139August 6, 2021 7:45 PM

R139 Me, too!

by Anonymousreply 140August 6, 2021 7:49 PM

Thanks, R138.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2021 9:39 PM

Is it correct to label him a witness?

by Anonymousreply 142August 6, 2021 9:40 PM

[Quote] The reward in this case has been increased to $20,000.

by Anonymousreply 143August 6, 2021 9:41 PM

I'm sure it's already been said, but everything thus far points to the girlfriend. Last to see her alive, first on the scene, was already familiar with dog (hence the dog not freaking out), and that kind of killing is too personal. The fact that it was out in an open park (and not at home) feels like it was planned by the girlfriend to avoid suspicion. A serial killer will at least drag a woman deep into the woods first. Her 911 call and interview seem devoid of sincerity. My heart breaks for the victim.

by Anonymousreply 144August 6, 2021 9:59 PM

How did the girlfriend avoid blood splatter, DNA etc? What timeframe would she have had to hide the weapon, change clothes etc?

by Anonymousreply 145August 6, 2021 10:01 PM

R145 I think the girlfriend had someone else do the dirty deed.

by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2021 10:06 PM

If the killer entered and exited under video surveillance, then the police have that recorded. Otherwise, the killer scaled a wall and avoided the cameras somehow.

by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2021 10:08 PM

What reason would the girlfriend have to want her dead? Any theories?

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2021 10:22 PM

The guy from that reality TV show based around a former Ikette had his cousin/nephew killed because he was in debt and he'd taken out a life assurance policy on the young man.

by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2021 10:27 PM

There are no walls or fences to scale. The gates you've seen in pictures are essentially decorative. Anyone can walk right in along that whole stretch of 10th street at anytime of day or night. And it is very dark at night.

by Anonymousreply 150August 6, 2021 10:28 PM

I've seen crazy lesbians stalk and harass the girlfriend they dated for 3 months, 25 years later. I saw a lesbian pick her girlfriend up off of the barstool by her hair and scream in front of everyone that she was a whore because an ex liked her myspace post. Hopefully this girlfriend is innocent, but I've seen some crazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 151August 6, 2021 10:29 PM

R151 Were you there that night? Sorry, but I was having a rough day.

by Anonymousreply 152August 6, 2021 10:31 PM

R151, it’s almost invariably by lower economic and masculine lesbians in my experience. But they stand out, like flaming , bitchy queens .

by Anonymousreply 153August 6, 2021 10:38 PM

Fuck off, R79, you fuck sick.

by Anonymousreply 154August 6, 2021 10:41 PM

Let's be honest: We don't know shit.

"It's a crazed homeless person!"

"It was clearly planned!"

"It was a crime of opportunity!"

"It had to be a man!"

"It has to be the girlfriend!"

by Anonymousreply 155August 6, 2021 10:44 PM

It almost certainly was a man, and a serial killer or someone with the potential to be a serial killer. I’d bet money on it.

Are there any good Reddit discussions going on among people who actually know a bit about criminology?

by Anonymousreply 156August 6, 2021 10:45 PM

Would there be enough light to mutilate a body at 1am?

by Anonymousreply 157August 6, 2021 10:47 PM

It would be a half cocked attempt

by Anonymousreply 158August 6, 2021 10:49 PM

Maybe they were wearing a headlamp or a running light, R157.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 6, 2021 10:51 PM

Investigators won’t just be looking at camera footage of that night she was murdered. They’ll be pouring over film of other days/ nights to see if there are any suspicious individuals or activities.

They’ll also know by now if this was committed by one person or possibly more than one person because of DNA evidence. Everyone in Janness’s circle without an alibi would be asked to provide DNA sample. No DNA match in the criminal database perhaps, so they’ll have to go by old fashioned detective work and resources from the FBI. Conversely, they may be closing in on suspect and don’t want to give away too much.

Sometimes these psychopaths falsely think they’re smarter than everyone else. A combination of luck and hubris often get these cases solved before the killers become prolific. Like another famous Georgia murderer who chopped up his neighbor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 6, 2021 11:27 PM

Taking a long time.

by Anonymousreply 161August 7, 2021 12:16 AM

It is not a TV movie R161

by Anonymousreply 162August 7, 2021 1:03 AM

R161 needs this wrapped up by the 2 hour mark.

by Anonymousreply 163August 7, 2021 3:04 AM

It's a shame Gary didn't talk Lucy out of death. There's a role for her in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 164August 7, 2021 3:06 AM

r142, they've now said specifically that they don't think he's a witness.

Interesting that they did at first think he must have seen something. I guess the murder occurred near that road he was running on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 7, 2021 9:08 AM

[Quote] When she didn't come home, Clark tracked her phone's location and went to the park.

I'm surprised Clark went alone.

by Anonymousreply 166August 7, 2021 1:59 PM

I'm surprised she did not call the police, R166. She is the one who wanted the victim to not listen to podcasts walking and to carry pepper spray.

by Anonymousreply 167August 7, 2021 2:31 PM

[Quote] I'm surprised she did not call the police

Yes.

When you ping someone's phone, does it show if the phone is moving (e.g. if it was in a moving vehicle)?

by Anonymousreply 168August 7, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote] A serial killer will at least drag a woman deep into the woods

They do?

by Anonymousreply 169August 7, 2021 3:26 PM

R168 you can't ping someone's phone. You would use a phone tracker app to track where the phone is.

by Anonymousreply 170August 7, 2021 4:04 PM

And does the phone tracker show if the owner is on the move?

by Anonymousreply 171August 7, 2021 4:21 PM

If the girlfriend discovered her wouldn't she have blood on her?

by Anonymousreply 172August 7, 2021 4:27 PM

[Quote]I'm surprised she did not call the police

In the previous thread it said that the tracker app detects phone movement. Emma went looking when she saw no movement.

The police in my city would not respond to a call like this. They'd say something like "she dropped the phone. Call us later if she doesn't show up." You'd probably get chided for a non-emergency call.

by Anonymousreply 173August 7, 2021 4:43 PM

Not everyone would call the police before going to find her. That’s not unreasonable. She probably panicked and wasn’t thinking.

Or she did it.

DL is on the case.

by Anonymousreply 174August 7, 2021 4:51 PM

I’d go looking first before I called. It’s kind of a big deal and scary calling to report a missing person, and your mind doesn’t usually go to “they’re not responding they must be dead!”

by Anonymousreply 175August 7, 2021 5:13 PM

Maybe her thoughts went to "she collapsed, she's unconscious in the park."

by Anonymousreply 176August 7, 2021 5:14 PM

It was less than an hour. Would you call the police if your partner was less than 60 minutes getting home? Maybe with it being walking a dog it’s different. Don’t the cops just shrug it off and tell the person to wait 48 hours or something before filing a missing person report on an adult ? I don’t get the cellphone tracker app. I can see having it on your teen children’s phones to keep tabs on them, but I wouldn’t have one to check on my partner’s whereabouts. But I do understand they are women in an urban environment, so I get it from that perspective. I guess it might not be bad to have in a missing person scenario.

Not accusing, I just have questions about some of this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 177August 7, 2021 5:20 PM

There is something a little odd about having that program but yet walking at that time in the morning while listening to podcasts.

by Anonymousreply 178August 7, 2021 5:22 PM

You don’t need a specific reason to suspect the girlfriend. The significant other is ALWAYS a suspect, and statistically the most likely killer.

by Anonymousreply 179August 7, 2021 5:27 PM

The app was likely to placate the girlfriend. The deceased would not change her habits nor carry pepper spray, but the app required nothing from her.

She walked the dog after work but had not even worked that night. Absolutely NO reason to be in a dark city park at 1am with earbuds in.

And the dog could have had long walks early in the day with a quick just outside to pee at 1 am. Absolutely nothing but the woman's own crazy necessitated walking in a dark city park at 1am with a podcast on and earbuds in. This was some sort of inverting of risk on the part of the deceased, seeking it, heightened as much as possible. People do crazy shit. Sometimes they are assaulted or raped, or in this sad case, killed. It is thrill seeking behavior, and unfortunately she crossed paths with someone seeking another sort of thrill.

Still want to know more about the rumored social media post about a man who had harassed her and the dog.

Any good discussions of this case on other platforms that you have come across?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 7, 2021 5:36 PM

As someone said upthread, the late night walks may have been due to the relative cool of midnight, compared to the heat of the day.

by Anonymousreply 181August 7, 2021 5:37 PM

Are we sure she had the earbuds in at 1am? I know she did that generally but was she really nuts enough to go to a city park at 1am with earbuds in? That seems insane?

by Anonymousreply 182August 7, 2021 6:12 PM

Well, we don't know if she intended to just walk by the park. Regardless, It still shows a frightening lack of self preservation.

by Anonymousreply 183August 7, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote]The police in my city would not respond to a call like this. They'd say something like "she dropped the phone. Call us later if she doesn't show up." You'd probably get chided for a non-emergency call.

I think it depends on the situation. I have an app called Citizen that has live local 911 alerts including alerts about missing children, the elderly and people with developmental disabilities who have only been missing for a few hours. The local news also features police reports about people who disappeared after a night out or other situations where foul play may be a factor. That said, I don’t know if these people are calling 911 or their local police district’s non-emergency line.

by Anonymousreply 184August 7, 2021 6:34 PM

I get the idea she did not go very deep into the park, never intended to. I think she was just the inner "edge" of it as a convenient place for the dog to crap, where she wouldn't have to pick up after it. Also, based on the direction she came from, I am willing to bet that she did not go through the gate down at Charles Allen and 10th, but rather she walked over to the park-side of 10th St. much farther back, up near Blake's and the "Pride" intersection: there is an asphalt walkway, in open area, that runs kind of parallel to 10th St., just about 10 yards inside the park, and it goes down there to the gate, close to where she was killed. Maybe she habitually did that little loop before coming back up the hill to her apartment, again, as a place where your dog could shit and no one would see whether you picked up after it or not. That is something lots of dog walkers in that area try to get away with; dogshit is everywhere. I'm willing to bet that's what was doing on. The "gate" itself (big stone thing, with an arch) and the big trees nearby screened her more completely from view, and from the passing cars headlights; there is also a functioning traffic signal at the gate intersection, although the road into the park is blocked by a locked bar (with a pedestrian walk-around).

by Anonymousreply 185August 7, 2021 6:38 PM

An example of the Atlanta Police Dept's priorites: A few years ago, a friend was driving her Volvo station wagon in the fairly pricey area of Sandy Springs, around midday during the Xmas holidays, with her 2 small daughters in the back seat. Some hoodlum (kids, no doubt) lobbed a brick from the hill above her, which went right through one of the back-seat windows, but thankfully did not strike either girl. My friend called the police, they told her they were busy, to go to her destination and that they would come and get a statement from her. They never showed, despite me and her calling them repeatedly about it. Finally, at about 5 p.m. they told her to just go home and to file an insurance claim re the car. It's pretty typical. I'm an attorney and I know what I'm talking about. The police force has been very corrupt since at least the mid-70's.

by Anonymousreply 186August 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Wow, that's a crazy story, r186. They wanted her to come into the station for the report, the lazy fucks. The poor kids must've been traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 187August 7, 2021 6:59 PM

Atlanta is generally a safe city. I could see having no problem walking a dog late. I did some crazy unsafe and on drugs shit there all thro my 20s. Bought crack all of it. Atlanta seemed more like a small town and nothing sinister ever happened there. I sure hope they catch this psychopath. How good were the mutilations? Lots of doctors live near the park

by Anonymousreply 188August 7, 2021 7:09 PM

People have been killed in that park.

For a woman to go on a daily 1am walk in a dark city park listening to podcasts w/o even pepper spray is very risk seeking behavior. Sad that it cost her her life. Earbuds signal an easier, more distracted victim for any sort of crime.

by Anonymousreply 189August 7, 2021 7:29 PM

I'm not from Atlanta, have visited a few times on business and always liked it. This part of the city doesn't appear to be 'bad' in the typical sense to me -? The neighborhoods adjacent to the south side of the park appear to be middle-class with a mix of decent condo buildings, cafes, restaurants and small shops.

Midtown High School is directly across the street from the murder site. Is this a good HS? What type of students attend.

by Anonymousreply 190August 7, 2021 7:29 PM

I know the entrance you’re talking about r185. It’s a path the goes down hill at a diagonal towards the large lawn. There are trees and benches at the entrance where homeless guys congregate during the day. I’ve not felt comfortable using that entrance in broad daylight in a “just look straight ahead and mind my own business” kind of way. Can’t imagine going in that way after midnight.

by Anonymousreply 191August 7, 2021 7:45 PM

Ah what people who don't know that area is that it's directly adjacent to the Beltline (it's right across the street), which is a very popular walking/running/bicycling/scooter route. The Beltline itself is kinda creepy and unsafe at night.

I think someone mentioned that maybe she and the dog were abducted, killed offsite (van?), and body dumped back in. There has been no mention of great quantities of blood in the area.

by Anonymousreply 192August 7, 2021 7:52 PM

Was there time for that, R192? Timeline seems quite tight.

by Anonymousreply 193August 7, 2021 7:58 PM

r193, I don't know, as I'm too lazy to check the details. I think it took Jack the Ripper less than an hour to eviscerate someone.

by Anonymousreply 194August 7, 2021 8:03 PM

Jack the Ripper didn't abduct, kill and then return the body to same park in an hour or two, which is what's been suggested above.

by Anonymousreply 195August 7, 2021 9:52 PM

It seems most likely that it all took place in the park.

by Anonymousreply 196August 7, 2021 10:03 PM

This poor woman and her dog. So sad. My thoughts: the wearing of ear devices in public - many times the people are high. potheads. Not aware. Into their own heads. Ignore surroundings. Takin a walk. The gf sounded sincere - the disquieting part was when she said to someone during the 911 call “thats my girlfriend” and the disquieting part is that she sounded proud. Proud of what.

by Anonymousreply 197August 7, 2021 10:05 PM

I assume that LE has tracked her car from leaving work to the driving around looking.

There are many rumors that there are other murders that may be connected. That, the timing and the strength required suggest she was not involved.

Has a timeline been put forth from the victim being caught on cameras to the 911 call - how many minutes was it?

by Anonymousreply 198August 7, 2021 10:13 PM

FBI being called so quickly means some effed up shit happened way beyond the norm.

by Anonymousreply 199August 7, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote]This was some sort of inverting of risk on the part of the deceased, seeking it, heightened as much as possible.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 200August 7, 2021 11:15 PM

That and perhaps others and patterns as rumors suggest, R199.

May the victim RIP.

I think I heard the gfriend wants to move from the area? Don't blame her in the least. Glad she has family for support and that her dad seems so gay friendly. I cannot imagine seeing something like that.

by Anonymousreply 201August 7, 2021 11:17 PM

I’d have zero people looking for me—only my dog if he were able to open the door and get outside—and I’m married!

by Anonymousreply 202August 7, 2021 11:18 PM

Don't make this about you, r202.

by Anonymousreply 203August 7, 2021 11:19 PM

It sure wasn't being sensible and taking common safety precautions for women in cities, R200.

The hour, the pattern, the podcasts, the ear buds, refusing the pepper spray the gfriend urged, all of which upped the risk or signaled "prey" to the monsters who prowl among us.

Very, very sad outcome.

I really hope they catch this perp and that the FBI came in.

Aww, R202, maybe he just wants your stuff. WE would miss you! Stay safe everyone!

by Anonymousreply 204August 7, 2021 11:21 PM

One comment out of 200 and now the thread is about me. Right.

Go hall monitor and wring your hands in another thread. Maybe I was trying to inject some levity into a dark thread.

by Anonymousreply 205August 7, 2021 11:24 PM

Dyke drama.

by Anonymousreply 206August 7, 2021 11:32 PM

Wait, she had a pit bull??! lol. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 207August 7, 2021 11:32 PM

To the poster in the other thread who said women don't kill and dismember their victims, in 2012 a Brazilian woman (Elize Matsunaga) killed and dismembered her millionaire husband (Marcos Matsunaga) inside their apartment while their infant daughter was in the next room. She put the body parts inside a suitcase and disposed of it in a wooded area. She told the police and the husband's family that he had left her for another woman, but the cameras in the building showed that he never left the building.

*** Warning: graphic pictures ***

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 7, 2021 11:33 PM

There are many documented cases of women murdering and dismembering bodies. However, statistically that’s more if a male thing. We still don’t know if she was dismembered.

by Anonymousreply 209August 7, 2021 11:34 PM

There are many documented cases of women murdering and dismembering bodies. However, statistically that’s more of a male thing. We still don’t know if she was dismembered.

by Anonymousreply 210August 7, 2021 11:34 PM

WAIT, THE GIRLFRIEND FOUND HER??

This isn’t suspicious??

by Anonymousreply 211August 7, 2021 11:35 PM

The FBI was brought in quickly and there are rumors there have been other victims, a serial killer type situation, R211. Time will tell.

Hope whoever did this will be caught quickly.

by Anonymousreply 212August 7, 2021 11:37 PM

Weren’t 11 cameras not working that night or something?

by Anonymousreply 213August 7, 2021 11:39 PM

R211 not suspicious if the girlfriend knew that Kate walked the dog in the park regularly so and she hadn’t come home in a reasonable time so she became concerned. If she is innocent that’s a horror she will live with forever; that poor woman.

The partner is always the first one suspected until they can be ruled out; that’s just the way it is. I hope they find the killer quickly, whoever it may be.

by Anonymousreply 214August 7, 2021 11:40 PM

The girlfriend still gives me serious pause for thought.

by Anonymousreply 215August 7, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote] As soon as I found out Kato was an Akita

I thought Kato was a person.

by Anonymousreply 216August 7, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote] In the previous thread it said that the tracker app detects phone movement. Emma went looking when she saw no movement.

That’s her story and she could have tracked her location to murder her. She was probably spying on her believing she was ducking around with another woman.

by Anonymousreply 217August 7, 2021 11:44 PM

Asians weren't yet people in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 218August 7, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote] In the previous thread it said that the tracker app detects phone movement. Emma went looking when she saw no movement.

That’s her story and she could have tracked her location to murder her. She was probably spying on her believing she was fucking around with another woman. Most people don’t allow people to track their phones regardless.

by Anonymousreply 219August 7, 2021 11:45 PM

But if she tracked her location to murder her, when did she dispose of the weapon and at the very least change her clothes, if not shower etc.

by Anonymousreply 220August 7, 2021 11:46 PM

Stabbings are personal. It take a lot of work and anger to kill someone with a knife unlike a gun. You probably have a better chance of getting knifed by a friend or relative then a stranger. I’m sure investigators are already eyeing the girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 221August 7, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote] Girlfriend would never murder her own dog. You kill your partner but you don’t kill your dog.

You’re adorable and stupid. If the dog is attacking you while murdering someone you would gladly do it. The only way a pitbull wouldn’t make such a racket right off the bat is if they knew the person, like a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 222August 7, 2021 11:49 PM

GF was probably spying on Katie tracking her for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 223August 7, 2021 11:49 PM

Maybe the gf has a jealous ex lover who decided to kill off Katie. That happens a lot. Jealousy is personal.

by Anonymousreply 224August 7, 2021 11:50 PM

It has been well known the cameras have not worked for years, R213. It has come up re: other crimes in the park.

The gfriend had reportedly urged Katie to at least carry pepper spray but she refused/declined.

I think the FBI being brought in suggests there is a bigger pattern and it is very unlikely to be the gfriend.

by Anonymousreply 225August 7, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote] You would think if the girlfriend were guilty, she’d fake normal emotions instead of… doing whatever she’s been doing. The most likely explanation for her behavior or affect is that she’s in shock or she’s on the spectrum.

Or a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 226August 7, 2021 11:51 PM

Similar mannerisms r226 lack of real empathy.

by Anonymousreply 227August 7, 2021 11:52 PM

[Quote]That’s her story and she could have tracked her location to murder her.

In which case the authorities would be able to track *her* phone's movement and locations provided she had it with her and the battery was in. Her phone would be the first thing LE checked.

Have Websleuth fraus moved here?

by Anonymousreply 228August 7, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote] I can’t believe there are so many people who really think the girlfriend did it. Based on nothing.

Based on common sense. Maybe she did it, maybe not but stabbings are usual personal and the gf’s story is suspicious as is her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 229August 7, 2021 11:54 PM

If girlfriend was involved , she probably had help right?

by Anonymousreply 230August 7, 2021 11:54 PM

[Quote]You would think if the girlfriend were guilty, she’d fake normal emotions instead of… doing whatever she’s been doing. The most likely explanation for her behavior or affect is that she’s in shock or she’s on the spectrum.

[Quote]Or a psychopath.

Psychopaths are actually very, very good at charming people and demonstrating situationally appropriate emotions. Con men, grifters, Ted Bundy types successfully manipulate and abuse because they're very talented at it. People on the spectrum not so much.

by Anonymousreply 231August 7, 2021 11:59 PM

Katie had a family too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 8, 2021 12:02 AM

R208 Don’t be ridiculous.

Your example is of a woman cutting up a body to dispose of it.

What has apparently happened here is sexual, ritualistic mutilation;- a very different thing and rarely, if ever, committed by women.

by Anonymousreply 233August 8, 2021 12:06 AM

[Quote]She also said Janness was in the midst of planning a trip up north when she was killed. In fact, Bobbi was shopping for daughter’s upcoming trip when she received the harrowing phone call that her daughter had been brutally killed.

[Quote]“Because of COVID, we haven’t been together since Christmas 2019, " her mother wrote. This was the first occasion I’ve been looking forward to in so long.

😢

by Anonymousreply 234August 8, 2021 12:06 AM

R231, I would not be surprised if Emma is medicated.

Your partner dying is bad enough, finding the body brutally murdered and rumored mutilated, and the mutilated pet?

Heartbreaking for the family, R234. Emma and her father have been speaking in the media but Katie had a mom and sister and extended family who loved her. That she was about to be visiting them is even more painful. It all was so close to going very differently. Tragic, RIP.

by Anonymousreply 235August 8, 2021 12:08 AM

The photo in the rainbow crosswalk was at 12:07, the body was found shortly after 1. Very, very tight timeline.

by Anonymousreply 236August 8, 2021 12:17 AM

We actually don't know about what happened to Katie. First, there were reports of a homophobic slur carved in her body, then the police denied it.

by Anonymousreply 237August 8, 2021 12:18 AM

When did the gf get off work?

by Anonymousreply 238August 8, 2021 12:18 AM

If she had the phone the motive was not likely robbery, eh?

by Anonymousreply 239August 8, 2021 12:23 AM

I’m curious about what time the GF got off work too. It seemed to me that that Katie came to the restaurant with the dog, en route to the park, and visited the girlfriend for a few minutes. At least that’s how it was conveyed. I’m sure they’ve interviewed gf’s coworkers about what kind of interaction they had. The women lived within walking distance but I don’t know how far, or if the girlfriend went home and discovered she was missing before heading out to look for her.

by Anonymousreply 240August 8, 2021 12:29 AM

I presume Katie didn't visit near the end of the gf's shift, otherwise she would likely wait for her.

by Anonymousreply 241August 8, 2021 12:30 AM

LE arrived at the park at 1:10 am, so barely over an hour after she was spotted on video on the rainbow street painting.

by Anonymousreply 242August 8, 2021 12:41 AM

Her poor mom. This is horrible :(

by Anonymousreply 243August 8, 2021 1:00 AM

Another recent anti-gay crime nearby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 8, 2021 1:06 AM

Was a weight for the dog mentioned anywhere? He appears to be on the smaller size for a pit.

by Anonymousreply 245August 8, 2021 1:16 AM

The dog was female, no?

by Anonymousreply 246August 8, 2021 1:18 AM

I read that Katie owned an elderly female pit but that the 3 yr old dog that was killed was a male? Could be incorrect though? Looked on the smaller side to me in photos.

by Anonymousreply 247August 8, 2021 1:23 AM

PETA kicked in an extra $10k in reward money.

Good dog, Bowie.

Hope this one is solved soon. And that the cameras in that park are fixed.

by Anonymousreply 248August 8, 2021 1:25 AM

R242, that seems like quite a tight timeline! Katie is murdered, carved up in the dark, the gf ascertains she’s missing and drives around looking for her, parks the car and finds her, makes the 911 call and waits for the police to show up.

All in an hour?

by Anonymousreply 249August 8, 2021 1:49 AM

I don't think the girlfriend had anything to do with it. There are quite a few videos on YouTube that show dogs like pitbulls, Rottweiler, German Shepherds etc, won't always defend against an attacker. If a dog has a strong bite inhibition they usually just try to get away.

A friend of mine said his grandmother was attacked in her home and her elderly border collie tore the guy's clothes off and bit him so many times her kitchen, deck and steps were covered with the burglar's blood. Those border collies do their own thinking, they don't need to be attack trained.

by Anonymousreply 250August 8, 2021 2:03 AM

Stabbings have always been referred to as “personal” and yet the college student who got into what she thought was an Uber was stabbed…120 times. That sounds personal and yet - he was a total stranger.

by Anonymousreply 251August 8, 2021 2:08 AM

So from the crosswalk/rainbow to the park would have gotten her there about 12:20. The gfriend found her @1, LE there @ 1:10.

by Anonymousreply 252August 8, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] the college student who got into what she thought was an Uber was stabbed…120 times. That sounds personal and yet - he was a total stranger.

Is there a DL thread about this case? Sounds sensational!

by Anonymousreply 253August 8, 2021 2:26 AM

From a WS post...there was speculation about several stabbings/murders in Little Rock, in a downtown area between 1-4 am possibly being linked, if so could be why FBI called in.

I don't know if the Little Rock offender is the same as Katherine's killer, I'm thinking probably not as his victims in LR skewed older and I'm not sure how a fit woman with a pitbull matches up with the established victimology there; however if they are different individuals, the one thing I believe they share is the paraphilia piquerism.

Piquerism is a trait of many sadists where they achieve sexual arousal from piercing and stabbing another person, commonly in the breast, buttocks and groin. A hallmark of this type of sadism is that the offender may progress to the point where the ultimate satisfaction comes from causing fatal injury to the victim.

Here's more from an article about it: "Piquerism is sometimes performed post-mortem. It generally refers to the penetration of human flesh, although it is sometimes practiced against animals. The piquer's range of activities for sating his or her needs can be a purposeful single prick with a pin or knife, multiple stab wounds to an eroticized area, or elaborate cutting, stabbing, biting and mutilation of a victim. Piquerism becomes part of the repertoire of many sadists, depending on their progress along the 'sadistic learning curve'.

"Often the sexual mechanisms inherent in piquerism are ignored during the assessment of sexually sadistic crimes. The prevalence rate of piquerism is unknown".

Source: Need to stab 'part of the repertoire of many sadists'

by Anonymousreply 254August 8, 2021 2:28 AM

That's a very interesting thought, r254. Were all the LR stabbings fatalities or was there a pattern of escalation culminating in death?

by Anonymousreply 255August 8, 2021 2:37 AM

Just when i thought Id heard of every sexual kink out there,along comes R254 to shock and horrify me. People are just so depraved now. Have they always been and we just never heard of it ,or has something changed in 100 years that seems to give permission to be depraved ?

by Anonymousreply 256August 8, 2021 2:55 AM

Have you heard of Genghis Khan?

by Anonymousreply 257August 8, 2021 3:01 AM

R256 - Law & Order SVU had an episode about it. It starred Chad Lowe and Margot Kidder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 8, 2021 3:02 AM

I believe that there were 3 homicide victims in Little Rock and the fourth victim survived and had a description. The perp, with a distinctive gait, was also captured on video. Might have shifted hunting grounds a few hours away?

by Anonymousreply 259August 8, 2021 3:04 AM

^R255

I think people have become more depraved due to the internet, extreme porn, etc. I think sick people get new ideas and become desensitized so need more extreme thrills.

by Anonymousreply 260August 8, 2021 3:06 AM

A frenzied attack by someone with piquerism would explain the unverified reports of mutilation. Perhaps after god knows how many thrusts of a knife multiple stabs look like mutilation.

I just found an article about the LR stabbings. The ages of the victims was 43 to 64. Three males one female. The woman, the third victim, was stabbed 15 times but survived. Very little information about the nature of the other stabbings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 8, 2021 3:15 AM

Thanks for posting, R261, Little Rock is not that far and the time of day and urban environment are a fit. Maybe the video and surviving victim made LR too "hot?"

by Anonymousreply 262August 8, 2021 3:26 AM

Wow, the surveillance video from Little Rock sure is spooooooky.

I wish surveillance video cameras had been around at the time of the Zodiac killings.

by Anonymousreply 263August 8, 2021 3:55 AM

You're fine, r205. Of all the unnecessary and grotesque things said in this thread, that they picked your little joke to jump on is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 264August 8, 2021 4:39 AM

[quote]To the poster in the other thread who said women don't kill and dismember their victims

The few individual examples like what r208 brought up are completely missing the point: statistically, it's very rare for a woman to commit a crime that involves mutilation. Of course it happens, but it's rare.

by Anonymousreply 265August 8, 2021 4:40 AM

r225, one news article said the police clarified that the cameras did work but were not hooked up to the city-wide network.

I don't know why they bothered to clarify that, unless they're saying they might somehow be able to get the footage, even though the cameras weren't streaming to any server.

by Anonymousreply 266August 8, 2021 4:42 AM

Emma recently said in an interview that Katie's neck was slashed.

[quote]"At first, I saw Bowie but I didn't know it was Bowie, I thought it was like a trash bag — from far away I don't have great vision," Clark said. "As soon as I realized he wasn't alive anymore I immediately shot up and started yelling her name and looking around, screaming.

[quote]"I ran over to her (Katie) and put my hands on her face and I checked for a pulse but you could tell that she was not alive — there was a lot of blood and she had her neck slashed, so it was very clear."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 8, 2021 10:52 AM

R267 This girl seems very shady to me. She's unable to look at the reporter in the eye through most of the interview, she's completely without emotion, and at the end, she's trying hard to come up with a motive. "Hey, maybe it was just opportunity. Who knows?"

Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 268August 8, 2021 11:22 AM

R268 So, how did you behave when you found your partner & dog dead and covered in blood in a park? Maybe you should give this girl some pointers.

by Anonymousreply 269August 8, 2021 11:55 AM

I do not think they would have brought in the FBI if they thought the partner did it.

That said, I think she needs professional help and talking to the media is not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 270August 8, 2021 11:59 AM

We seem to have attracted the usual people who come into these threads trying too hard to start drama, in part because they know making implausible claims will get others riled up. I don't for a second believe 268 is honestly convinced the girlfriend did it, I think he's just trying to irritate us and get attention.

by Anonymousreply 271August 8, 2021 12:03 PM

R270 They came when my wife and kids mysteriously disappeared!

by Anonymousreply 272August 8, 2021 12:10 PM

R269 Seems to me if she was utterly devastated over the loss of her girlfriend, she wouldn't be inviting the media to her Country Time Lemonade front porch to have conversations about it.

by Anonymousreply 273August 8, 2021 12:12 PM

The girlfriend was at work then using a phone to try to locate Katie. I assume all that was verified before the FBI was called in.

In Atlanta there are rumors of other murders.

Online, some have speculated about a similar MO in Little Rock and why the killer may have felt forced to leave that city.

I do hope that Emma is able to access help soon. I do not see the benefit of the repeated chats with the media now and getting into more graphic details. Hopefully the FBI will be successful and the killer will slip up and make their job easier.

Stay out of city parks after dark folks.

Curious where Katie was walking between leaving Emma and being caught on camera at 12:07 - was she followed? Or was the assailant already in the park?

by Anonymousreply 274August 8, 2021 12:12 PM

When I saw he ( dog) wasn’t alive anymore.” WTH? Weird wording

by Anonymousreply 275August 8, 2021 1:54 PM

I’m Wondering if police suspect Katie and letting her hang herself with interviews? They will probably question her again

by Anonymousreply 276August 8, 2021 1:55 PM

I presume the hunt for Katie's killer gives Emma purpose. Who are you to say that doing interview isn't good for her?

by Anonymousreply 277August 8, 2021 1:57 PM

[Quote] When I saw he ( dog) wasn’t alive anymore.” WTH? Weird wording

I don't think that's weird wording. Dogs' breath is very appreciable.

by Anonymousreply 278August 8, 2021 1:58 PM

The people who really think the gf did it have NO IDEA how stupid they are.

by Anonymousreply 279August 8, 2021 5:55 PM

R279, I hope to God we are wrong . That would make this case that more horrifying and tragic

by Anonymousreply 280August 8, 2021 9:16 PM

I don't understand why people think it's the girlfriend. Why would you go to this level of extreme to kill her? There are thousands of easier ways to do it. To track her down and publicly kill her and your dog would make absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 281August 8, 2021 10:29 PM

It is just some idiots here R281 that think the girlfriend did it because she didn't act the way they thought she should act.

by Anonymousreply 282August 8, 2021 10:32 PM

Girlfriend is the first person ruled out by investigators. If they think she did it and have evidence, she’d be arrested by now. Let’s face it, she doesn’t come across as particularly bright, at least smart enough to pull off the murder and get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 283August 8, 2021 10:46 PM

Did they have an open relationship?

by Anonymousreply 284August 8, 2021 10:50 PM

Her eyes are cold as ice . I believe she had help and this was methodically planned out

by Anonymousreply 285August 8, 2021 10:50 PM

Does anyone have a link to the article where the prospective father in law was quoted?

by Anonymousreply 286August 8, 2021 10:53 PM

You would never, ever get a lesbian to kill her pet. Hell, even Jen and Sarah Hart looked up no-kill shelters before they drove their kids off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 287August 8, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote]Girlfriend is the first person ruled out by investigators. If they think she did it and have evidence, she’d be arrested by now.

Part of me is convinced the girlfriend isn't involved in Janness' death but now she is doing exactly what the Greek pilot did... he kept giving interviews and he ended up being guilty of killing his wife and strangling their dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288August 8, 2021 11:18 PM

The difference between the Greek pilot and the lesbian is that the Greek's seems to be a spontaneous act of rage, while the lesbian's seems premeditated.

The GF would also have to ditch her phone while doing the deed, clean up, then retrieve her phone to search for the body, just in case they could track her location from pings.

by Anonymousreply 289August 8, 2021 11:41 PM

To eliminate the gf as a suspect, would they take samples from her, e.g. from under her fingernails etc.?

by Anonymousreply 290August 8, 2021 11:43 PM

If girlfriend was involved, she did not actually commit the murders . But the mastermind

by Anonymousreply 291August 8, 2021 11:49 PM

Oh for fucks sake ! It was NOT the GF ! She's fucking wierd because she found her lover hacked up in a fucking park ! How would YOU react ? As for her giving interviews,isnt she from the tell everything on FB and Twitter generation ?

by Anonymousreply 292August 8, 2021 11:51 PM

The gf hasn't even revealed a hell of a lot. I want to know about the cameras that were working but not patched into the central network. Do these cameras have their on onboard memory?

by Anonymousreply 293August 8, 2021 11:52 PM

Autistic people are defending the GF

by Anonymousreply 294August 8, 2021 11:54 PM

No, trolls are. You have to ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 295August 8, 2021 11:57 PM

95% of the time it's the significant other

by Anonymousreply 296August 9, 2021 12:00 AM

The FBI would not have been called in if the cops suspected the girlfriend.

Same people were claiming the wife killed the runner in CA or arranged his murder. Dude died of heat stroke.

The Greek dude seems more of a Chris Watts scenario and he DOES seem guilty.

The timeline was so tight in Atlanta. Where was Katie between leaving the girlfriend working at the restaurant and being caught on camera just after midnight? Did she cross paths with someone who followed her or was the killer lurking in the park hoping to come upon a victim?

Very sad to die so young, hope the dna that was on the dog and in his mouth is able to advance the case.

by Anonymousreply 297August 9, 2021 12:02 AM

Wasn't the FBI called in with Chris Watts & Co.?

by Anonymousreply 298August 9, 2021 12:07 AM

What MOTIVE would the girlfriend have to have her killed and mutilated? What would be the point?

by Anonymousreply 299August 9, 2021 12:14 AM

Another woman and or a resentment towards victim.

by Anonymousreply 300August 9, 2021 12:16 AM

Life assurance?

by Anonymousreply 301August 9, 2021 12:16 AM

There are no assurances in life except death and taxes.

by Anonymousreply 302August 9, 2021 12:57 AM

GF is strange man

by Anonymousreply 303August 9, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote] Another woman and or a resentment towards victim.

And breaking up wouldn’t quite do it for her? It had to be murder + mutilation?

Okay, question number 2 for you websleuths: If she had an accomplice, did she pay that person? How much did she pay that person?

by Anonymousreply 304August 9, 2021 1:01 AM

Probably another lesbo

by Anonymousreply 305August 9, 2021 1:06 AM

Are we sure about the mutilations?

by Anonymousreply 306August 9, 2021 2:16 AM

Yes, we are reasonably certain, R306.

by Anonymousreply 307August 9, 2021 2:18 AM

R292 is clearly the girlfriend.

Hi, girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 308August 9, 2021 3:13 AM

Yeah, Websleuths thread on this is closed to comments. That doesn’t happen very often. I guess there was too much speculation about the mutilation.

I don’t think the girlfriend is involved at all, but I’m not all bent out of shape about those who do think so.

The timeline is so tight/close, though. What terrible luck.

by Anonymousreply 309August 9, 2021 3:17 AM

She was probably stabbed so forcefully and repeatedly that the results appear to be mutilation.

by Anonymousreply 310August 9, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote]The GF would also have to ditch her phone while doing the deed, clean up, then retrieve her phone to search for the body, just in case they could track her location from pings.

Yeah, there was just no time for her to have done it, plus no way she could have disposed of the weapon and cleaned herself off quickly enough. A slashed throat means lots of blood, and the dog seems to have attacked someone because they're doing testing on what was found on the dog's teeth and nails.

by Anonymousreply 311August 9, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote]95% of the time it's the significant other

No, it's just under 20% overall for both male and female victims. About 40% of female murder victims were killed by their partner. That's not even half.

If it's gotten to where you're making up fake statistics then maybe you should just sit this one out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312August 9, 2021 3:43 AM

GF doesn't seem as suspicious as Rusty Jenkins in the demise of Alan in Dallas (Rusty was Alan's BF). In that case, the video raised more questions than it answered.

BTW, Atlanta is nowhere near Little Rock.

by Anonymousreply 313August 9, 2021 3:44 AM

[quote]>>Autistic people are defending the GF

[quote]No, trolls are. You have to ignore them.

People pointing out that there are numerous reasons to think the girlfriend could NOT have done it are not trolls, and fuck you for saying everyone should put anyone who disagrees with you on "ignore."

It's patently obvious that the "she has dead eyes, her voice sounded PROUD, lesbos are always like this, only autistics think she didn't do it" people are the real trolls.

by Anonymousreply 314August 9, 2021 3:48 AM

In the news segment with the audio of the 911 call where she appears with her father, Emma looks quite sedated. Her eyes have that "tranqued" appearance. Poor woman. I'd want to be sedated enough to be unconscious.

by Anonymousreply 315August 9, 2021 3:55 AM

Given the time (12:46am) the now-identified jogger was in the park, and the angle he would have entered and exited, I find it truly hard to believe that he didn’t see either of the dead bodies.

He appears to have entered the park on a jogging loop that would have spit him out directly in front of Janness’ body, and the jogger was wearing a headlamp, so darkness is no excuse for missing it. But instead of continuing on a trail, this guy took a sharp right and headed right back out of the park, 41 seconds later.

by Anonymousreply 316August 9, 2021 4:10 AM

[quote] fuck you for saying everyone should put anyone who disagrees with you on "ignore.

Hostile much? I did not say to put them on ignore I said to ignore them. And I didn’t mention anything about disagreeing with me. So YOU fuck off Miss Defensive.

by Anonymousreply 317August 9, 2021 4:15 AM

The jogger left the park after 40 seconds? That is very odd.

by Anonymousreply 318August 9, 2021 4:18 AM

Uh, what about the man with a cane and the red stain on his white shirt?

He was discussed on Websleuths, that’s probably why the thread was locked.

by Anonymousreply 319August 9, 2021 4:25 AM

Did they think the cane was a prop, like Ted Bundy’s plaster of Paris cast?

by Anonymousreply 320August 9, 2021 4:32 AM

Have to agree that there's no reason to ignore everyone on this thread who says the girlfriend didn't do it. This is supposed to be a discussion, no need to turn it into a fight by calling people names or falsely accusing them of trolling just because you disagree.

by Anonymousreply 321August 9, 2021 4:57 AM

[quote]Given the time (12:46am) the now-identified jogger was in the park, and the angle he would have entered and exited, I find it truly hard to believe that he didn’t see either of the dead bodies.

Help me with this: where specifically were the bodies found? I had thought it was in the corner under a tree that was near the wall, so basically just behind the corner the jogger went by in this photo. Wouldn't the wall have blocked his view? I thought I'd read all the articles about the jogger but I think I must have missed something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322August 9, 2021 5:00 AM

I thought the dog was closer to the entrance.

by Anonymousreply 323August 9, 2021 5:02 AM

Emma said in an interview that she saw Bowie first, then ran to find Katie, who I believe she said was about 100 feet away. It did sound like Bowie was closer to the entrance because Emma's first thought was that he'd been hit by a car.

by Anonymousreply 324August 9, 2021 5:10 AM

That makes me wonder if the dog was stabbed and then tried to flee before collapsing near the park entrance.

by Anonymousreply 325August 9, 2021 5:13 AM

[Quote]Uh, what about the man with a cane

Wasn't the Little Rock stabber/murderer described as having an odd gait?

About the jogger and folks who say he should have noticed the bodies given his route, etc. -- hardcore runners are known to have an intense focus on immediate path, breathing and gait that other stuff just gets blocked out. It's entirely possible and believable that he ran past without noticing unless it was the exact time of the slashings.

by Anonymousreply 326August 9, 2021 5:53 AM

[quote]"Did you see that? That's my fuckin' girlfriend" was weird.

I just read in one of the articles that the guy who comes running up to her asks if she saw that, and she apparently said to him, "That's my fuckin' girlfriend," which makes a lot more sense than her randomly saying it to the dispatcher.

I need to find video of the potential witnesses because now that I'm looking at the photos, I'm trying to figure out what the red thing on the guy with the cane's shirt is.

by Anonymousreply 327August 9, 2021 5:59 AM

R327 It looks like a white bag with red markings (lettering?) tucked under his arm. Then again, the video is not very clear. Whoever did this would be covered in blood.

by Anonymousreply 328August 9, 2021 6:04 AM

I agree, he's in all white, there's no way he'd just have one weird spot under his arm on the side if he was the murderer. Reddit also pointed out that he was at a gate about half a mile away from the one where Bowie and Katie were found. That is a weird thing going on with his shirt though.

by Anonymousreply 329August 9, 2021 6:07 AM

By the way, I found the article that mentioned Bowie was about 50 feet inside the gate, so he wasn't as close to the gate and the street as I thought he might have been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 9, 2021 6:08 AM

r325, I would think that it would be the opposite- while the dog is being killed, the woman ran away, only to be caught by him.

by Anonymousreply 331August 9, 2021 9:37 AM

That park is amazingly dark at night, due to the huge canopy of trees, mostly very big, old oak trees. There are streetlights along the paved "streets" (which are pedestrian only), but the park is mostly pitch dark, and the leaf canopy obscures a lot of the light there would be otherwise. I used to run there, regularly, for decades, and so I was doing it after dark, after work, in the wintertime; I have to run on dirt, not pavement, because of my knees, and running beside those paved roads in the dark is a skill that it takes a long time to cultivate. Anyone could have run right past a body on the side of one of those roads and they would have seen *nothing* at nighttime. I would not walk through that place at night, all by myself, and I'm a guy. I wonder if she felt that that dog would be sufficient protection? And as I speculated up above, earlier, I don't believe she had any intent to go "into" the park, but only to enter the periphery, just long enough so the dog could crap unnoticed, so she would not have to clean up after it. It's quite common in that area.

by Anonymousreply 332August 9, 2021 10:26 AM

Why would the jogger need a hat at night when it’s very hot and dark?

by Anonymousreply 333August 9, 2021 11:28 AM

The hat may have been to hold the headlamp he was wearing. I have one and the band isn't really made to handle sweating.

by Anonymousreply 334August 9, 2021 11:34 AM

Why would someone with a cane go walking in a dark park at night?

by Anonymousreply 335August 9, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote] I have to run on dirt, not pavement, because of my knees

That's what you get for being a slut.

by Anonymousreply 336August 9, 2021 12:04 PM

The cane, if there is a blade at the bottom, would give force and space from target.

by Anonymousreply 337August 9, 2021 12:08 PM

The cane was a ruse if he is the killer.

by Anonymousreply 338August 9, 2021 12:19 PM

R337, yeah, but that’s not a weapon you’d use to gut someone. And you’d have to be up close to someone if you’re mutilating their face. But it could be used for the initial attack.

It is interesting to explore all the possibilities.

But what IS that red spot. Someone said he was carrying a bag under that arm, but his arm is moving too much, and it’s an irregular shape.

by Anonymousreply 339August 9, 2021 12:28 PM

r339 could you link to the clip or to the photo you're looking at, so we can see? The thread has 350 posts and some of us are too lazy to scroll back up to find it.

by Anonymousreply 340August 9, 2021 12:32 PM

He has disgusted me ever since he mocked Pete for being gay while :speaking to big dollar donors on behalf of four eyed hypocritical fake progressive cunt Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 341August 9, 2021 12:39 PM

Oops meant that for the Obama party thread…

by Anonymousreply 342August 9, 2021 12:40 PM

Wrong thread r341.

by Anonymousreply 343August 9, 2021 12:41 PM

R340, here ya go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 9, 2021 1:25 PM

Another.

(Also: Who’s leaving an e-scooter unattended like that?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 9, 2021 1:27 PM

Actually, I just noticed a second scooter in the photo. Wtf. Those things wouldn’t last two seconds before being stolen, in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 346August 9, 2021 1:29 PM

E scooters are left randomly in public places, they are FOR RENT.

by Anonymousreply 347August 9, 2021 1:30 PM

The edge of the red is too regular to be blood. Whoever did this would not just have one spot, esp in white clothes would be visible. No signs of dog bites.

by Anonymousreply 348August 9, 2021 1:32 PM

R345, you must never visit cities.

Rental e scooters litter public spaces and are rentals.

They are all "unattended" until rented and climbed on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349August 9, 2021 1:36 PM

Has LE spoken to the man in white with the cane?

by Anonymousreply 350August 9, 2021 1:42 PM

They have not mentioned specifically, R350, but they did not release additional photos as they did with the jogger so my guess is that they did.

by Anonymousreply 351August 9, 2021 1:44 PM

Guy with the cane and the guy in the hoodie we’re probably cruising.

by Anonymousreply 352August 9, 2021 2:03 PM

If DNA found on the dog is not a match for the criminal database I fear this one is going to become a cold case.

And yes, to the poster upthread the killer in Little Rock did have an odd gait on video. It is possible he moved on once a victim survived and he was caught on tape. The city park in early morning hours MO fits and it is less than a day's drive if he thought LR was too hot for him to keep killing in.

by Anonymousreply 353August 9, 2021 2:07 PM

With all this 23&Me stuff, killers have been found via their relatives being in the database.

by Anonymousreply 354August 9, 2021 2:22 PM

Re the e-scooters, no, I’m not familiar. I see Revels all over, but not Lime. Revels are parked in the street, not left on sidewalks. But that’s beside the point; now It makes sense. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 355August 9, 2021 2:34 PM

Re R352, MANY homeless guys are living in that park at night when the weather is nice enough to sleep outdoors. MANY. It's a good reason why no unaccompanied woman in her right mind would take a stroll through the place. I have seen some creepy shit going on in that area, around sunset. There is a mulched copse of big trees just slightly down the hill, inside the park, a little farther back towards the Pride Intersection from where the bodies were found, that is always full of the traces of all kinds of "activity".

by Anonymousreply 356August 9, 2021 3:52 PM

R456: If you live around homeless people, you'd recognize that they have pretty boring lives and beyond the panhandling are not intrusive toward other people.

by Anonymousreply 357August 9, 2021 4:03 PM

What kind of activity? Gay hobo sex?

by Anonymousreply 358August 9, 2021 4:04 PM

R355, Revels are mopeds, in my city are sometimes on the street, sometimes on the sidewalk. We have quite a few e scooter vendors, they are all over. Quite a hazard, esp for the visually impaired.

I do not think any of the individuals in the photos are likely to be the killer.

All kinds of sex goes on in dark parks, commercial and otherwise. Drug use and dealing as well.

by Anonymousreply 359August 9, 2021 4:12 PM

Not much missionary sex, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 360August 9, 2021 4:30 PM

People are having missionary sex in broad daylight on the sidewalk in SF, so, would not rule it out, R360.

by Anonymousreply 361August 9, 2021 4:34 PM

Is that at one of those festivals? Folsom?

by Anonymousreply 362August 9, 2021 4:37 PM

They still haven't arrested anybody?

by Anonymousreply 363August 9, 2021 4:40 PM

It looks like a large steak under the arm of the cane guy.

by Anonymousreply 364August 9, 2021 4:51 PM

A bagged body part?

by Anonymousreply 365August 9, 2021 5:00 PM

No, R362. Just an ordinary day, on the sidewalk, in broad daylight. Has also happened a few times recently in NY on subway platforms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366August 9, 2021 5:41 PM

I think the guy with the cane was out there cruising for action, but a dark park does not seem like it would be a safe place for a person using a cane. It seems like he could have easily have been a victim of criminal activity.

by Anonymousreply 367August 9, 2021 5:42 PM

[Quote] Think about when you go vote next time when you going to elect the same group of “progressives”, the same people who’ve been running this place to the ground for the past 50 years. Think about it and vote for a change. The end.

Hmm. Why does Mr Sparnas use John Hurt's face for his Twitter profile?

by Anonymousreply 368August 9, 2021 5:47 PM

Need more pictures of the sidewalk fucking at R366. Shame the guy only posted one.

by Anonymousreply 369August 9, 2021 5:55 PM

R368 He's Russian and tweeting against progressives. I get it, but not from Russians.

by Anonymousreply 370August 9, 2021 5:55 PM

Dude seemed to walk pretty well, maybe the cane was for defense if needed?

by Anonymousreply 371August 9, 2021 5:55 PM

Having lived in Midtown many years back, I agree with the person who speculated that Katie angled off into the outskirts of the park somewhere after the Pride intersection. Not just to hide the shitting dog, but to hide herself from the traffic. Women get harassed a lot when walking, especially at night. It probably felt more safe—the edge of the park is fairly open in that stretch, until you get to the gate.

As for that gate, I avoided it when I used the park. It was creepy as hell to me. My convenient entrance was the wider Piedmont side gate where Cane Man is exiting. I’d still avoid using that one during quiet times to maintain safety—too easy for someone to hide. I mean, come on, perverts love public parks.

by Anonymousreply 372August 9, 2021 5:56 PM

John Steed used to keep a blade in his umbrella.

by Anonymousreply 373August 9, 2021 6:05 PM

Have we seen a picture yet of the creepy gate? Seems like all the surveillance is of the not-so-creepy entrance used by the cane man and others.

by Anonymousreply 374August 9, 2021 6:07 PM

Look at it on streetview?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375August 9, 2021 6:13 PM

[quote]Dude seemed to walk pretty well, maybe the cane was for defense if needed?

[quote]John Steed used to keep a blade in his umbrella.

Bartitsu uses canes and hats for self defense. There's also a Korean form of martial arts that uses canes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 9, 2021 6:15 PM

Bowie was found 50ft in from that entrace, correct?

by Anonymousreply 377August 9, 2021 6:17 PM

During the day the park doesn't look so menacing.

by Anonymousreply 378August 9, 2021 6:27 PM

So the guy in the background of the 911 call was able to see Katie’s body, it wasn’t so terribly hidden.

I’m sorry, but I really want to know more details. It’s horrifying that whoever did this is still out there.

by Anonymousreply 379August 9, 2021 6:30 PM

R377 I think Bowie was found on the pathway to the left of the road. The jogger was on the road, which is why he didn't see Bowie (there is shrubbery between the pathway and the road). I also believe the KJ was found near the tree, which is to the left of the pathway.

by Anonymousreply 380August 9, 2021 6:45 PM

Why was the gf not afraid of some guy who walks into it? (During her 911 call)

by Anonymousreply 381August 9, 2021 7:09 PM

Why would she have been, R381?

by Anonymousreply 382August 9, 2021 7:12 PM

It is strange that there were quite a few people around yet no one came upon the body before the gf.

by Anonymousreply 383August 9, 2021 7:12 PM

I thought the person who walked up on the scene sounded female.

by Anonymousreply 384August 9, 2021 7:13 PM

I presume because the gf saw him react to seeing Katie's body.

by Anonymousreply 385August 9, 2021 7:13 PM

The 10th street gate is has more clustered trees and bushes than the other gates and is just very claustrophobia-inducing, especially in the dark. You could get away with a lot in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386August 9, 2021 7:19 PM

There was a shooting right by that gate in March.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 9, 2021 7:22 PM

Could have been the killer, R381.

Women in dark parks, never mind next to a murdered body, are typically wary of strange men.

by Anonymousreply 388August 9, 2021 7:22 PM

So she’s guilty, is that what you’re getting at, R388?

by Anonymousreply 389August 9, 2021 7:25 PM

I don't think they would have called in the FBI if she was remotely a suspect, R389.

It is not inconceivable that the killer could have been lurking nearby.

by Anonymousreply 390August 9, 2021 7:28 PM

But wasn't Chris Watts a suspect? And the FBI was called then?

by Anonymousreply 391August 9, 2021 7:39 PM

R391 Indeed, he was. Indeed, they were. Indeed, he did it.

by Anonymousreply 392August 9, 2021 7:52 PM

Unlike Watts, the timeline does not appear to allow her to have committed the crime. Time will tell. There are rumors in Atlanta of other killings, suggesting a pattern beyond this victim.

by Anonymousreply 393August 9, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote] But wasn't Chris Watts a suspect? And the FBI was called then?

Watts was a man. Watts had a motive.

Can you people please get your heads out of your asses? You’re being awfully trollish and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 394August 9, 2021 8:12 PM

The FBI was probably called in on the Watts case because of missing children.

by Anonymousreply 395August 10, 2021 12:10 AM

R395, that’s what I understood, too. And then when they were found, CBI took on the case. Feds were not needed.

Here in NYC, I followed the Katrina Vetrano case because I thought it was fishy that the victim’s father called out the big guns immediately when she was like half an hour late coming back from her run. He also discovered her dead body. And he gave such an odd interview, I felt certain there was something fishy about it.

Now I believe that the man arrested and convicted is the murderer (a mentally ill black man who was basically a vagrant). There are people who still deny his guilt, though, and are working to appeal. The father was definitely fucked up, but he didn’t kill her.

Anyway, my point is that someone can act weird, but it doesn’t automatically mean they’re the killer.

by Anonymousreply 396August 10, 2021 1:10 AM

With the Chris Watts case, the FBI was called in and immediately, in less than 24 hours, started interviewing Chris, and he confessed the next day. I just can't believe that if the FBI thought Emma had done it, that they wouldn't have interviewed her days ago, or that they would allow her to keep giving news interviews.

by Anonymousreply 397August 10, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote] Watts was a man.

So?

by Anonymousreply 398August 10, 2021 11:24 AM

As someone said, kids were involved in the Watts case. That makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 399August 10, 2021 11:35 AM

What about the Adam Walsh case? How creepy to find only his head. Just 6 years old. Do you think O’toole did it?

by Anonymousreply 400August 10, 2021 11:40 AM

^^^^sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 401August 10, 2021 11:41 AM

Bowie was their kid.

by Anonymousreply 402August 10, 2021 12:46 PM

The deceased also had a dog. An elderly pitbull.

by Anonymousreply 403August 10, 2021 12:50 PM

And the elderly age probably saved its life.

by Anonymousreply 404August 10, 2021 12:51 PM

R404 wtf

by Anonymousreply 405August 10, 2021 3:59 PM

[Quote] wtf

If the elderly dog were younger, it may have been on the walk with Katie and Bowie.

by Anonymousreply 406August 10, 2021 4:00 PM

If the investigators suspect that the GF had something to hide or was not forthcoming, you’d better believe they would’ve interrogated her just like in the Chris Watt case. The GF is not a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 407August 10, 2021 7:50 PM

R407 actually believes that place is being run by Einsteins. Most places in the US are run by incompetents.

by Anonymousreply 408August 10, 2021 8:40 PM

Is it unusual that no one has been arrested?

by Anonymousreply 409August 10, 2021 8:43 PM

R408 maybe you should go there to tell the investigators to arrest the GF. You obviously know so much more than the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 410August 10, 2021 9:00 PM

Not really, R409. The cold case rate is quite high in most major US cities.

by Anonymousreply 411August 10, 2021 10:16 PM

It is odd there have been no updates.

by Anonymousreply 412August 10, 2021 10:22 PM

My guess is they know a lot and don’t want to tip off the killer.

by Anonymousreply 413August 10, 2021 11:42 PM

Yes, the girlfriend and her accomplice

by Anonymousreply 414August 10, 2021 11:55 PM

I don’t believe the girlfriend did it or hired someone. Not everyone is an eloquent speaker and especially after a loved one has been brutally murdered.

I remember one time picking up some bark for my yard at a nursery and this young kid who was helping me blurted out his brother had just died. I listened to him for a bit and told him to take care, etc. Grief and shock are a hard combo to handle.

I’m thinking the perp is a loner and will be caught.

by Anonymousreply 415August 11, 2021 12:08 AM

This is also the question I have with the Watts case: how did the killer cram so much activity into so little time?

Someone on Websleuths said that another person discovered the bodies and called it in to 911 before the girlfriend did! So Katie was dead even sooner than I thought. The killer must have gotten her as soon as she got close to the park.

by Anonymousreply 416August 11, 2021 2:40 AM

It doesn’t take a lot of time to kill somebody with a knife especially a throat cut. We also don’t know what all was done. Too much speculation.

by Anonymousreply 417August 11, 2021 2:56 AM

But the blood spurt that would result... Was the killer wearing a raincoat and hat?

by Anonymousreply 418August 11, 2021 2:58 AM

Cutting a throat from behind? And again, we have NO IDEA what was done except a cut throat.

by Anonymousreply 419August 11, 2021 3:01 AM

How can you ensure you cut someone's throat from behind when that person is walking a dog?

by Anonymousreply 420August 11, 2021 3:03 AM

R420 We’ll find out.

by Anonymousreply 421August 11, 2021 3:04 AM

R420 There’s literally dozens of scenarios where this could happen. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 422August 11, 2021 3:05 AM

[Quote] There’s literally dozens of scenarios where this could happen. Literally.

I'm not saying that someone couldn't possibly do it but there had to be a frenzy element to this murder - even just to separate Katie and Bowie. To not leave a trail of blood showing the escape route... I presume the killer changed clothes, shoes etc. very quickly, probably before even leaving the park.

by Anonymousreply 423August 11, 2021 3:08 AM

If the gf did it I’ll suck a dick! I swear!

She didn’t.

Folks, we got ourselves a real live serial killer on our hands.

by Anonymousreply 424August 11, 2021 3:13 AM

What was the distance between the dog and her body? Those of us that had dogs for years know you can't assume a dog is going to be protective. In a situation like this you can't even determine if the dog was protecting itself or Katie. Hell, you can't even determine what Katie's actions would be. If it were me I would be running towards my dog to protect it, but not everyone would do that. And I have protected my dog, because she cowers behind me, from other dogs. Maybe reporters are not asking the right questions, but I want to know more about Bowie. Was he protective? Did he show an aggression towards certain people? Some dogs hate men no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 425August 11, 2021 3:14 AM

The people who think the girlfriend did it or hired someone to do it, are literally retarded. I’ve said this before and I’ll keep saying it. You people are stone cold stupid, at the retardation level.

by Anonymousreply 426August 11, 2021 3:26 AM

R425 the dog was found on the walking path 100 feet from Katie.

by Anonymousreply 427August 11, 2021 3:30 AM

R316, I'm a runner. Often at night.

I am so in my own world when I run, I could 100 percent see myself jogging right past a dead body and never even if it was gruesomely displayed. It's my "thinking" time. FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 428August 11, 2021 3:31 AM

Thanks R427. That's quite the distance.

by Anonymousreply 429August 11, 2021 3:33 AM

R429 we know so little of the true details, but someone surmised that Bowie may have moved to that location after being attacked. Often, animals will attempt to find shelter or seclusion when in pain. It's just awful all around.

by Anonymousreply 430August 11, 2021 3:42 AM

When they know they are dying R430 they will find an out of the way spot. We don't know if he was killed there, dragged there, or crawled there.

by Anonymousreply 431August 11, 2021 3:46 AM

I'm a physical coward, if someone was attacking my dog I couldn't stop myself from sprinting in the opposite direction. Chicken shits live longer.

by Anonymousreply 432August 11, 2021 4:29 AM

[quote] To not leave a trail of blood showing the escape route... I presume the killer changed clothes, shoes etc. very quickly, probably before even leaving the park.

The thing is, the public knows very little about any of this. The authorities are holding their cards close which is probably a good sign—they may not need help.

The killer didn’t need to exit through a gate because that park is very open. Isn’t that old cruising area directly to the northeast of the crime scene? That’s one secluded way to slip out.

Wherever he exited, there’s got to be dozens of porch and business security cameras with his image and direction of travel.

by Anonymousreply 433August 11, 2021 5:01 AM

True, but would the killer have chanced leaving the park in bloody clothing? Once the street lights are reached, it's very exposed. And it wasn't like there was no one around.

by Anonymousreply 434August 11, 2021 5:04 AM

Again, I'm not sure why it's so important to some people on here that we "admit" that the dog might not have been protecting Katie. Whether the dog was defending her or not, there was apparently some sign that the dog had bit or clawed the murderer.

It doesn't seem likely that someone murdered Katie and then chased down her terrified dog and murdered them, too. The dog could surely have gotten away easily. But disabling the dog (especially if he had trotted off away from Katie briefly, either to go or because he accidentally got off the leash) and then chasing down Katie, that seems far more likely. Or as others said, the dog could have been injured and crawled/dragged some distance.

by Anonymousreply 435August 11, 2021 9:03 AM

Dl sleuths- do you think the murderer will be found?

by Anonymousreply 436August 11, 2021 9:46 AM

In the CCTV footage, the Little Rock serial killer looks like his left foot is a "drop foot." As he is walking and he lifts his left leg to take a step, his left foot flops down vertically and he has to drag it a bit. It seems like his left foot lags behind in the tempo of his gait. The left leg and the right leg don't have the same walking rhythm.

It is most noticeable when he walks past the red stop sign. You can also see it at the beginning of the video when he is walking on the sidewalk.

The LR serial killer is said to be 6 feet tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437August 11, 2021 10:07 AM

The guy in the Little Rock video seems to have a much longer stride with legs pointed straight ahead, while the guy with the cane in Piedmont Park has a gait where his feet point outward and his legs move a little to the side when he steps forward.

Also when I enlarged the video on this site I saw what looked like a strap above the red thing, I think it IS a bag that he's got hanging over his shoulder. The red thing doesn't move with the shirt so I don't think it's actually on the fabric.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 11, 2021 10:18 AM

I am concerned this will go cold, R436.

by Anonymousreply 439August 11, 2021 11:16 AM

I don't think whoever did this is a one-and-done murderer. I'm not sure they'll catch him soon but eventually they will. Same with the Little Rock guy. Unfortunately others are probably going to be murdered in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 440August 11, 2021 11:32 AM

Somebody might have seen or heard something. The thing is, police tend to get tunnel vision in the hopes of closing the case and create a circumstantial case against somebody innocent. Especially a POC. If I was a witness I’m not sure I would come forward.

The dog was likely disabled first. The killer could have presented as very friendly (they often are very charming especially serial killers), quickly stabbed the dog (maybe the dog was away from her off the leash), when she came to see what was going on (it’s dark maybe she couldn’t see well), he quickly slit her throat, quickly did some other horrible thing,then off into the night. It could happen in a few short minutes.

Also, WE DON’T KNOW ANY DETAILS. I do think authorities know far more than we think. This will not go cold.

by Anonymousreply 441August 11, 2021 11:57 AM

I’m doubting the mutilation details until I hear it as fact. I think there wasn’t enough time to perform the ritual (enjoyment) that a ritualistic serial killer does. But it could be a serial killer, the kind who just wants people dead, and doesn’t care to savor it.

by Anonymousreply 442August 11, 2021 12:31 PM

Could have taken trophies, R442.

by Anonymousreply 443August 11, 2021 1:11 PM

Wasn't the dog a pit bull? I thought it's the most dangerous breed to mess with. I always steer away when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 444August 11, 2021 1:20 PM

R444, me too. I never seem to hear about them attacking men, though. They seem to prefer children and old ladies.

And the people who love them always say “she’s a big goofy puppy. She wouldn’t harm a fly!” Which does seem to be the case - until they snap.

by Anonymousreply 445August 11, 2021 3:24 PM

[Quote] there was apparently some sign that the dog had bit or clawed the murderer.

Let's stick to what we know.

by Anonymousreply 446August 11, 2021 3:54 PM

We DO know that r446, have since earlier this month!

[quote]Investigators believe it is almost a certainty the pet named Bowie engaged with the killer in an effort to protect his owner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 11, 2021 3:57 PM

Almost a certainty. That's journalistic bullshit. Wait until we get a clear statement.

by Anonymousreply 448August 11, 2021 3:59 PM

[quote] I'm having difficulty imagining a woman committing this horrific crime

by Anonymousreply 449August 11, 2021 4:09 PM

R447/OP, you've posted plenty of speculation. I post something from a news article that we've discussed for days on this thread, and you call it "bullshit" and try to tell me I can't post about it.

You've been scolding several people on this thread for no reason and have asked tons of questions that were already answered before you asked. Just stop. You're being a pain in the ass, probably on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 450August 11, 2021 4:10 PM

R444, this dog seemed to be on the smaller side for a pitbull. They did obtain DNA from the dog's coat and mouth so it did try to defend itself and perhaps Katie. The perp was skilled or very lucky to take on 2, or maybe he had help.

by Anonymousreply 451August 11, 2021 4:18 PM

R451 Lesbian girlfriends are very tough cookies, especially when they enlist help from other lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 452August 11, 2021 4:22 PM

Weird glitch ^^^ I posted this in another thread

by Anonymousreply 453August 11, 2021 4:24 PM

Her GF did not do this. Period.

by Anonymousreply 454August 11, 2021 10:06 PM

And that's on periodt.

by Anonymousreply 455August 11, 2021 10:15 PM

I pray this is not dyke drama personified. It’s a horrible image for LGB ..

by Anonymousreply 456August 11, 2021 10:20 PM

Why would an uncommon event like this be a horrible image for the community?

by Anonymousreply 457August 11, 2021 10:26 PM

Because he likes to refer to lesbians as “dykes” and he’s ashamed of being gay, and is consumed with what people think of him as a gay man. Is he the average gay man? I don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 458August 11, 2021 10:43 PM

Sadly, there is a stereotype of lesbians in relationships to be violent and crazy.

by Anonymousreply 459August 11, 2021 11:18 PM

Quit trying to derail.

by Anonymousreply 460August 11, 2021 11:29 PM

I’m not in “the gf did it” camp, but you’ve got to admit that it is uniquely lesbian to ping your partner’s phone whereabouts the instant you come home and she’s not there.

And visiting your gf’s work when she’ll be home in an hour, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 461August 12, 2021 1:09 AM

That seems very suffocating to me, R461.

by Anonymousreply 462August 12, 2021 1:11 AM

I was struck by bringing the dog to a restaurant, that is not common in my city, Atlanta must be different. Also, who needs to "see" their dog an hour before they go home? I think dogs inside a restaurant is against the health code where I live. Some allow outside on a patio.

by Anonymousreply 463August 12, 2021 1:22 AM

If for however many years you came home from work and your partner was always there without fail,none of you would find it odd if they werent? And if you called to find out why and there was no answer,you wouldnt immediately worry ? Also,I know plenty of people who are able to track there loved ones phones.Thats hardly new or creepy . What year are yall typing from,1992?

by Anonymousreply 464August 12, 2021 1:22 AM

The dog autopsy is taking a long time, no? I’m thinking they know and have known.

by Anonymousreply 465August 12, 2021 1:24 AM

This is starting to remind me of Susan Smith a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 466August 12, 2021 1:25 AM

The dog did it.

by Anonymousreply 467August 12, 2021 1:28 AM

Who is Susan Smith?

by Anonymousreply 468August 12, 2021 1:31 AM

FF’d^.

by Anonymousreply 469August 12, 2021 1:32 AM

That's an old Connie Stevens movie, right?

by Anonymousreply 470August 12, 2021 1:33 AM

I’m not ruling girlfriend out

by Anonymousreply 471August 12, 2021 1:38 AM

I don’t know anymore myself, R471. Something is not adding up here. I think the police and the FBI already know and they don’t need the dog.

by Anonymousreply 472August 12, 2021 1:42 AM

They suspect girlfriend and her accomplice

by Anonymousreply 473August 12, 2021 1:44 AM

I think the FBI is just planning the right time to move in.

by Anonymousreply 474August 12, 2021 1:46 AM

Glad to see I’m not the only one who thought their relationship was a bit intense. I don’t track my spouse’s phone and he doesn’t track mine. Do people really do that? I don’t know anyone who does that.

Was it usual for Katie to pop in and visit Emma at work? With the dog? It sounds like someone was possessive and jealous. It might have gone in both directions, too.

I’m not saying the girlfriend killed her, but something isn’t adding up here. The timeline is really tight.

by Anonymousreply 475August 12, 2021 1:53 AM

Or r475, that might have been a ruse to show how devoted a girlfriend she was

by Anonymousreply 476August 12, 2021 1:56 AM

Maybe the live girlfriend nagged the dead girlfriend against walking the dog late at night and they compromised with the tracker.

by Anonymousreply 477August 12, 2021 1:58 AM

Why visit your girlfriend late into her shift and not stick around to go home together?

by Anonymousreply 478August 12, 2021 2:00 AM

My shitty ex used to come up to my work and act all jovial to my coworkers so when his shittiness reached abusive levels only the women me

by Anonymousreply 479August 12, 2021 2:41 AM

Was the restaurant really, really far away from home?

by Anonymousreply 480August 12, 2021 2:44 AM

[Quote] so when his shittiness reached abusive levels only the women me

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 481August 12, 2021 2:48 AM

I think they both worked less than a mile from home. Did they live together? Where was the other, elderly dog?

by Anonymousreply 482August 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Anymore interviews with creepy girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 483August 12, 2021 3:58 AM

Seems like they both liked to keep tabs on each other. That’s kind of old school U-Haul lesbian, but necessarily nefarious.

by Anonymousreply 484August 12, 2021 7:16 AM

NOT necessarily nefarious.

by Anonymousreply 485August 12, 2021 7:18 AM

[quote]Seems like they both liked to keep tabs on each other.

In one of the interviews Emma said she didn't want Katie to go out walking late at night but couldn't get her to stop, so the tracker on her phone was a compromise.

I think Emma looking for her immediately was the same situation as with that missing runner in California: a partner who knew they were engaging in behavior that was potentially unsafe, so they were already a little worried, and the second they were late they knew something had gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 486August 12, 2021 11:00 AM

R486 Yeah. That's it! That's exactly what I was doing. I was really, really worried.

by Anonymousreply 487August 12, 2021 1:56 PM

R486 We lost interest in the missing hiker pretty quickly. I'm surprised this thread that features lesbos has lasted so long.

by Anonymousreply 488August 12, 2021 2:16 PM

What about Alan, the Dallas A-gay? Are we still interested?

by Anonymousreply 489August 12, 2021 2:55 PM

Because Say what you will about Atlanta, but this type of crime is rare.

by Anonymousreply 490August 12, 2021 5:02 PM

Speaking of recent true crimes we’ve lost interest in: I still want to know what happened to that very young gay (???) man in Texas who disappeared on a rural road and left his car, clothing, and goldfish behind.

by Anonymousreply 491August 12, 2021 5:35 PM

Any new information?

by Anonymousreply 492August 14, 2021 1:21 PM

Exactly r492

by Anonymousreply 493August 14, 2021 2:53 PM

R489 No we grew bored of Alan once his remains had been found. Rusty is probably in Puerto Vallarta sipping mimosas, on Alan's life insurance money, as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 494August 14, 2021 5:41 PM

I hope they’re scouring every residential and business camera around the perimeter of that park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495August 16, 2021 6:22 PM

I think this is going to be a cold case unless and until the murderer/serial killer strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 496August 17, 2021 1:15 PM

Is the girlfriend a person of interest ?

by Anonymousreply 497August 17, 2021 3:52 PM

No POI has been identified by LE. The timeline would suggest she was not involved.

by Anonymousreply 498August 17, 2021 4:19 PM

R497 No! Absolutely not! I've been completely cooperative with the investigation and I'm not weird or creepy at all when talking about my fucking dead girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 499August 17, 2021 5:05 PM

Well, as law enforcement doesn’t appear to think you’re in any way involved (no reasonably intelligent person does, by the way), you can relax, “Homicidal Girlfriend” @ R499.

by Anonymousreply 500August 17, 2021 5:28 PM

R499 Thank you! As you can tell, I've been very upset about my dead fucking girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 501August 17, 2021 5:43 PM

Okay, that was actually funny, R501.

by Anonymousreply 502August 17, 2021 5:52 PM

It takes a minute. They will find asshole

by Anonymousreply 503August 17, 2021 6:08 PM

I still think girlfriend and more likely female accomplice did this .

by Anonymousreply 504August 17, 2021 6:14 PM

R504? Why female? A man would be better suited to “dispatch” both dog and woman with speed and strength.

by Anonymousreply 505August 17, 2021 6:19 PM

R505 The woman I was cheating on my fucking dead girlfriend with...er...the totally unknown to me murderer...is butch as hell and can bench press 500 pounds while holding a cinder block on her stomach.

by Anonymousreply 506August 17, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote] I still think girlfriend and more likely female accomplice did this .

I wonder what such a person (the DLer who wrote the above) is like in real life. Exhausting, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 507August 17, 2021 6:35 PM

R507 Not half as exhausting as my dead fucking girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 508August 17, 2021 6:37 PM

Surely R508 is more properly a femicidal girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 509August 17, 2021 9:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!