Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“I’ll Get You, My Pretty. And Your Little Dog Too”. Murder in Piedmont Park

ATLANTA (CBS46) — Police say Katherine Janness, 40, was stabbed several times, and mutilated, inside Piedmont Park late Tuesday night.

Her body was found shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday. Her dog was also killed.

Atlanta Police, along with several other agencies, combed through the grass near the front entrance of the park at 10th Street and Charles Allen Drive. Investigators say the woman’s body was found several yards from the park entrance.

Police released a surveillance photo of Janness walking her dog near the Pride intersection on 10th Street Tuesday night.

As joggers came to the park Wednesday morning, they were unnerved by the scene.

“I am saddened and upset,” said one local homeowner who did not want to be identified. “All of us would like to know, was this a random act? Was someone targeted? I mean all of us would like to know for the peace of mind and to be aware of the threat level and the safety in the area."

“I really hope they find the person and figure out security around the area,” said a Joseph, who walks her dog in the park regularly. “After 9 p.m. or 10 p.m., I try not to be at the park because it’s dark and you never know what will happen.”

Investigators searched through a murky pond near the front of the park, looking for evidence in the crime. Multiple agencies worked together throughout Wednesday afternoon.

“I hope maybe they will start policemen here at night time to patrol around. They need to,” said Farlin Guzewich, who walks in Piedmont Park daily.

Police are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the crime. Investigators are also asking anyone with surveillance video in the area to share it with police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 5, 2021 10:17 PM

I wonder what race the perpetrator will eventually be revealed as?

by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2021 9:14 PM

I don't understand the flippant tone of your post given the tragic nature of the story, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]I wonder what race the perpetrator will eventually be revealed as?

Irish Setter?

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2021 9:17 PM

Do not like the headline. Someone died. :(

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2021 9:19 PM

We know what to expect

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2021 9:31 PM

I wonder if she took the dog to the park at that time in order to let it off the leash.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2021 9:32 PM

Dog lovers are outraged... just kill the woman but not the poor innocent dog! Dog Lives Matter!

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2021 9:35 PM

Christ almighty you racebaiting assholes. My money's on white dude, black people don't fuck with dogs. And that looks like a big one.

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote] I wonder what race the perpetrator will eventually be revealed as?

Not sure. But I do know what you revealed yourself to be: a "CULTURE WARS!!" right wing troll. Just fuck off to Daily Caller or wherever else you came from.

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2021 9:37 PM

Breasts sliced off?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2021 9:40 PM

Why would anyone be out in Piedmont Park these days after dark???? I was there recently and was shocked at how much the city seems to have fallen apart much in the way I've heard in San Francisco and New York.

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2021 9:43 PM

It's been claimed that the woman lived with her partner near the park and that the deceased habitually walked her dog after getting off work.

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2021 9:51 PM

Too personal.

Had to be an ex.

Wonder if they can determine who died first.

I’m guessing the dog was killed in front of her while alive in order to not only dispatch the threatening dog, but to punish the woman.

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2021 10:03 PM

Whatever the race of the victim and the perpetrator may be. The vast majority of violent crime is intraracial, not interracial. Well over 80% of white violent crime victims are attacked by fellow whites. Sorry to disappoint you.

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2021 10:06 PM

This is a gay site and no one cares that a lesbian was murdered? That should have been in the headline.

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2021 10:37 PM

I hate murder.

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2021 10:43 PM

So sad. RIP Atlanta sucks. I’d rather live in Laurinburg

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2021 11:31 PM

Worst thread title of the year. Nothing remotely funny in this awful story, certainly nothing deserving a hackneyed attempt at humor.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2021 1:08 PM

Any update?

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2021 5:35 AM

It’s Atlanta— I’m shocked you’re shocked.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2021 6:00 AM

Wasn't me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2021 6:23 AM

The FBI is now working on the case. She was so badly mutilated that they wouldn't allow the family to view the body. The police have said it was very gruesome but won't release details, but twitter is going wild with claims that her eyelids and breasts were removed.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2021 1:38 AM

Thank you for the update, R22.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2021 1:39 AM

Her wife is the one to find her after she didnt return home. She pinged her phone and followed it to the park where she found a body and called the cops

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2021 1:39 AM

I agree with the other posters calling out OP for making fun like a sociopath. This shit isn’t at all funny. I hope they find the sick fuck that did this.

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2021 1:41 AM

Tell that to R2. ^

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2021 1:42 AM

Her family was told by police that park cameras weren't working the night of the stabbing. This happens a lot in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2021 1:44 AM

This is the first homicide inside piedmont park since a gay man was stabbed while cruising in 2009

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2021 1:47 AM

Her wife has some serious Jodie Foster vibes

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2021 1:48 AM

How does someone like R2 get banned?

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2021 1:50 AM

I've got some friends in Atlanta and people are legit freaked out. Trying to tie together seperate killings and half of them are convinced there is a serial killer on the loose.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2021 1:53 AM

Why are posters complaining about R2?

Are we looking at different R2 postings?

The R2 I can see, even though it’s greyed out - says

[quote]I don't understand the flippant tone of your post given the tragic nature of the story, OP.

Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2021 2:19 AM

Stabbing with a lot of overkill sounds very personal. I hope whoever did this is caught quickly.

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2021 2:22 AM

The wife did it?

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2021 11:30 AM

The anonymous nature of this website really demonstrates how unempathetic and potentially even psychotic a terrifying share of people are. It's good that there are two or three people complaining about the headline for every one who says something awful, but still, making light of a cruel act like this? What in the fuck is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2021 11:35 AM

DL is known for gallows humor, no?

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2021 11:40 AM

It's very suspicious that the dog was killed as well. If the wife did it, that explains how the dog didn't run.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2021 11:41 AM

I wish it wasn’t anonymous, R35.

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2021 12:20 PM

So what do we think happened here? A woman and a pit bull get stabbed to death and mutilated in a well traveled public park shortly after midnight. It's right by the gayborhood and considered relatively safe. Multiple people were out walking at roughly the same time but didn't see or hear anything. Usually in these circumstances you would look at the spouse but she is quite petite, kind of hard to believe that she could kill both the dog and her wife and cut them up as badly as they were.

by Anonymousreply 39August 1, 2021 12:21 PM

If it weren't anonymous, threads would never stay on topic.

by Anonymousreply 40August 1, 2021 12:22 PM

Could the wife have a sidepiece? A burly sidepiece?

by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote]The anonymous nature of this website really demonstrates how unempathetic and potentially even psychotic a terrifying share of people are.

And libelousness.

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2021 12:28 PM

they are still processing the scene and took away a large branch that was on the ground for forensics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 1, 2021 12:32 PM

Over the last few days local reporters have been putting out unconfirmed details that they credit to unnamed police sources. Her eyelids were cut open, her breasts were sliced off, her vagina was mutilated, she was sliced from groin to chin, a homophobic slur was written on her body etc. The police came out and denounced unconfirmed reporting as misinformation, the only reporter to remove their story or tweet was the one that said homophobic writing was left on her body. So far others are sticking with their sources.

by Anonymousreply 44August 1, 2021 12:45 PM

The DL... where a lesbian's gruesome murder in the gayborhood goes largely ignored but we have 3 full threads on the spouse of the Transportation Secretary gaining 20 lbs. Very on brand

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2021 12:47 PM

Thanks R44.

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2021 12:49 PM

Because this site is homophobic, R45.

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2021 12:49 PM

Who names their kid "Farlin Guzewich"? Beyond that, it's Atlanta. When I lived there, I called it the city that doesn't work and I wasn't just referring to the city government. The entire area is full of minimal effort, passive people with no curiosity. The deceased should have known better than to go into the park at night and unless the killer was even more witless than the average Atlanta, they won't be found. The lesbians I knew who lived in semi-marginal neighborhoods often boasted about carrying guns, although I'm sure when confronted with real danger, it wouldn't help. I wonder if the victim was packing.

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote]Breasts sliced off?!

Tits and ass...Got myself a fancy pair...

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2021 12:52 PM

R8 is right! We are SO AFRAID of dogs!!

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2021 12:57 PM

The OP makes no mention of lesbian/gay interest so it shouldn't surprise that most are passing by this thread.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2021 1:06 PM

[quote] Why would anyone be out in Piedmont Park these days after dark????

We’ve see this phenomenon where people in crime-ridden cities believe that because they haven’t been attacked or killed yet, they will always be safe, despite the obvious danger of living there. For example, we’ve seen NYC DLers who haven’t been brutally attacked yet state that they feel safe.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2021 1:10 PM

Oh nice - the NYC troll arrived.

This story is so sad. How horrible.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2021 1:12 PM

R32, that person got red tagged, which means all their posts and replies get grayed out. I can't guess what they did to get tagged but I do know they were being a little pest on the Mena Suvari thread. On the other hand, some people who haven't really done anything wrong have gotten red tags lately, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2021 1:14 PM

R21 I wish I hadn’t just read that.

by Anonymousreply 55August 1, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote]The deceased should have known better than to go into the park at night

Guess it wouldn't be Datalounge if someone wasn't blaming the victim.

[italic]“She routinely walked her dog late at night because she typically worked night shift,” he said. I think maybe she had a sense the park was safer than it is, especially now with everything that’s going on.” [/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 1, 2021 1:19 PM

It’s not victim blaming, it’s a goddamn fact. One would have to be unbelievably foolish to walk through a park in a major city, late at night. Nobody is saying she got what she deserved, but her actions indicate a lack of common sense. And if she routinely walked her dog late at night, she helped her killer identify a pattern of behavior, which allowed them to plan what they intended to do.

by Anonymousreply 57August 1, 2021 1:25 PM

Blah blah blah, r57. The fact that you've said nothing about the murderer except you're sure he'll never be found, and spent all your time talking about what the victim did wrong, says all we need to know.

by Anonymousreply 58August 1, 2021 1:32 PM

Kitty Genovese was also a bartender.

by Anonymousreply 59August 1, 2021 1:33 PM

R58, you need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said the murderer would never be found, you dolt. I only pointed out walking through a park at night in a major city is not a good idea. Also, the way the victim was mutilated indicates this wasn’t a mere robbery or sexual assault. Someone would’ve had to think out such disgusting ways to torture another human being.

I’m actually confident her murderer will be caught. If she was a common presence in the park, so was the murderer.

by Anonymousreply 60August 1, 2021 1:39 PM

r60, my post at r56 was responding to r48 directly, and r48 said the murderer wouldn't be found. At r57 you sounded like you were r48 replying to what I'd said directly to them.

This is an anonymous board and we all rely on people being at least somewhat clear about which person in the thread they are. I responded as though you were r48 because there was no reason for me to think you weren't.

by Anonymousreply 61August 1, 2021 1:56 PM

I wish you could un-WW. I WW’d by R51 by accident.

by Anonymousreply 62August 1, 2021 1:57 PM

She probably thought the dog would be a deterrent and protect her.

by Anonymousreply 63August 1, 2021 2:01 PM

This is a sad story. I agree though - she probably DID think that her pit bull would protect her.

I hope they find who did this. There have to be cameras showing who was walking or driving into the area before and after this happened - Side streets around the park, etc.

by Anonymousreply 64August 1, 2021 2:07 PM

R44 that’s difficult to read, as a woman. But important to know.

This seems like something an incel would do to a woman who turned him down.

by Anonymousreply 65August 1, 2021 2:07 PM

This would almost have to be someone she knows, because people who attack strangers tend to go for victims who don't have any means of defense. But I guess you can't rule out that it could have been a crazy person who got lucky and incapacitated the dog first.

by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2021 2:12 PM

People here are so so desperate to blame the partner.

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2021 2:13 PM

If you're referring to me, r67, I didn't mean to imply that at all. I should have said "it would almost have to be someone who knows her," because that's more accurate. I don't think it's the partner at all, I think the cops would have figured that one out by now since they do have some surveillance footage.

Personally, I suspect it's someone who knew the victim, knew about her dog and planned for it, and knew when she went walking at night. Since she went walking after getting off the night shift at her job, it could even be a co-worker.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2021 2:18 PM

Sounds like a case for the BAU. Paging Dr. Reid... Dr. Spencer Reid...

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2021 2:18 PM

I agree that this is not a random one. She knew her killer(s). Seems to be a crime of passion.

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2021 2:21 PM

R67, I’m not. Didn’t ever cross my mind. If her partner wanted her dead, she wouldn’t have done THAT.

I have trouble with the idea that the killer was able to fight off a woman and a dog at the same time. That it wouldn’t have been really noisy. And that he took the time to mutilate the body so extensively. In public.

It’s really awful. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2021 2:22 PM

[Quote] If her partner wanted her dead, she wouldn’t have done THAT.

Eh... are you forgetting that Greek man who killed his teen bride?

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2021 2:23 PM

[Quote] I have trouble with the idea that the killer was able to fight off a woman and a dog at the same time. That it wouldn’t have been really noisy. And that he took the time to mutilate the body so extensively. In public.

That's why I wonder if it was the wife and someone she's seeing. Shades of Jason Andrews (Addison from Sean Cody).

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2021 2:24 PM

DL sleuths have helped solved cases before (Soft Butch Sous Chef comes to mind)….let’s try to solve this one. Poor woman and dog, no one or thing deserves this.

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2021 2:37 PM

It's a terrible coincidence if it's true that there's no footage because the camera wasn't working.

by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote] They are fearsome, ugly fuckers who should be rendered extinct.

Colonel Mustard, in the Drawing Room, with the Candlestick

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2021 2:49 PM

R75, was it said how long the camera had been out? It's possible the murderer disabled it, happens all the time in my city with robberies and burglaries, they take out the camera.

Here is an interview with her partner, a shorter version and lengthy version are both embedded.

Horrible case, that poor woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 1, 2021 3:28 PM

Glad the FBI are involved, this could be a serial killer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 1, 2021 3:36 PM

The partner seems a little off in that interview. Some angry micro expressions.

Of course she could just be in shock.

by Anonymousreply 79August 1, 2021 3:36 PM

Hard to say, R79. And she could be angry with the killer, no?

by Anonymousreply 80August 1, 2021 3:38 PM

Esp sad she was walking the dog late that night when she had not even worked. Could have done it earlier but was a habit probably. I cannot imagine anyone should be walking through city parks after dark, esp alone, esp as a woman. The city should close the gates at dusk.

by Anonymousreply 81August 1, 2021 3:40 PM

She's exhausted and her eyes are puffy from crying and lack of sleep. Jeez, stop making up things like "microexpressions" to try to fit some narrative you really want to see.

by Anonymousreply 82August 1, 2021 3:41 PM

Damn. I'd be scared shitless if I lived in Atlanta. If the rumors are true, this is Jack the Ripper level pathology. I can't help but wonder if meth is involved.

The killer had to have been covered in blood. Surely he must have been see by someone. I wonder if the dog was able to bite him.

by Anonymousreply 83August 1, 2021 3:43 PM

Dog likely killed or incapacitated before the owner. Owner couldn’t see in the dark what was happening so goes to try to save dog from attack. She might have been quickly overcome by the killer and didn’t have time to run away, too late. The killer probably sustained some injuries from the dog and/ or the woman trying to defend themselves. More likely the dog. There’s sure to be the killer’s DNA in such an attack at the crime scene if mot on the victims’ bodies.

I’m sure the police is putting together a profile using evidence in determining whether or not this looks more like a random, opportunistic attack. Having media leaks isn’t helpful to anyone except the killer. This is such a vicious crime that they’ve got to offer some big $$$ rewards.

Profiler would be looking at how the victim was killed and mutilated. Did the killer do this in a frenzy or more methodical? He/ she would appear to be comfortable in doing this at that chosen spot knowing that it was secluded enough at that time of night. As for some commenting on the likelihood of known perpetrator(s) to the victim, hence the mutilation, not so fast. Mutilating the face and body does not only mean it’s a personal thing; a victim can represent a lot of things to the crazed killer. Or it may not mean anything at all other than the thrill of killing then posing and mutilating the victim.

by Anonymousreply 84August 1, 2021 3:44 PM

People here want the partner to be the murderer.

by Anonymousreply 85August 1, 2021 3:47 PM

If someone ran up to me and started stabbing my dog, there’s no way they’re killing me too. I’m either helping my dog if I’m able to (so I’m armed or much larger than the assailant) or I’m running as quickly away as I can if I can’t help the dog.

by Anonymousreply 86August 1, 2021 3:49 PM

I don't understand that Uber killing. Was the guy already a killer out looking who thought "gosh, here's an easy mark" or some guy who thought "hey, this chick jumped, think I'll kill her"? The whole thing is just weird. Why wouldn't he just say WTF and make her get out?

by Anonymousreply 87August 1, 2021 3:49 PM

I'm guessing violent schizophrenia r87.

by Anonymousreply 88August 1, 2021 3:54 PM

Lol ^.

by Anonymousreply 89August 1, 2021 3:55 PM

R88 does he have diagnosed schizophrenia or did I miss reading that about him? He was a not mentally ill as far as people in his circle knew and not legally by the court appointed mental health professionals. I wish people would stop stigmatizing those with schizophrenia like they’re potential killers. Nathaniel Rowland deserves nothing less than death for stabbing his victim over 100 times then trying to cover it up. He’s a cunt, not mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 90August 1, 2021 4:23 PM

He apparently had three girlfriends and no job.

by Anonymousreply 91August 1, 2021 4:27 PM

He’s black R90, so there will be sympathy and excuses made.

by Anonymousreply 92August 1, 2021 4:28 PM

The judge was black too, hon. And she read his mother.

by Anonymousreply 93August 1, 2021 4:30 PM

Thanks, hon.

Sympathy and excuses made by Dataloungers. Hon.

by Anonymousreply 94August 1, 2021 4:32 PM

Nonsense, r94. DL is mostly old white men. Misogyny and racism are almost par for the course, here.

by Anonymousreply 95August 1, 2021 4:33 PM

No^.

by Anonymousreply 96August 1, 2021 4:34 PM

[Quote] No^.

Oh, well. You have spoken. Let's get back to DL's outrage the the murder of a woman.

by Anonymousreply 97August 1, 2021 4:36 PM

*outrage at

by Anonymousreply 98August 1, 2021 4:36 PM

I have.

by Anonymousreply 99August 1, 2021 4:38 PM

[Quote] "It’s unclear if the cameras nearby were working the night of the murder, an unsettling reality for so many who frequent the park."

Might this be misinformation so the killer gets "comfortable"?

by Anonymousreply 100August 1, 2021 4:40 PM

Atlanta and Georgia subreddits have said those cameras have not worked since before 2020.

by Anonymousreply 101August 1, 2021 4:41 PM

I lived around the corner from where this happened in the mid 90s , and even then you knew not to go into Piedmont park at night. Never that late either. I think there had to be more than one assailant , it'd be virtually impossible to handle that dog and a screaming terrified woman at the same time. I left Atlanta Back then because the crime was getting out of control . What cinched it for me was one weekend a friend and I were walking by the Fox Theater about 2 pm ,and this gang of feral teens swarmed this guy,beat him and robbed him and vanished .It took all of a minute . I turned to my friend and said "Im outta here" and he wasnt far behind me.Most everyone I knew then has left Atlanta,and the few that stayed have all been victims of crime. Its a shame because I really loved Atlanta then.

by Anonymousreply 102August 1, 2021 4:42 PM

The dog died trying to protect her and the FBI has taken DNA from the dog’s mouth. The perp must have dog bites. Sorry for Datalounge, the partner has no signs of struggle or dog bites.

by Anonymousreply 103August 1, 2021 4:48 PM

So she visited her partner at this "Henry's" restaurant... What if someone at the restaurant decided to take Katie out?

by Anonymousreply 104August 1, 2021 4:49 PM

[Quote] The perp must have dog bites. Sorry for Datalounge, the partner has no signs of struggle or dog bites.

Doesn't the partner have a work alibi?

by Anonymousreply 105August 1, 2021 4:49 PM

She didn’t do it. I know Datalounge hates lesbians but she didn’t do it. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 106August 1, 2021 4:52 PM

But what if someone close to her did?

by Anonymousreply 107August 1, 2021 4:53 PM

Keep your fingers crossed. That it was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 108August 1, 2021 4:55 PM

[Quote] Keep your fingers crossed. That it was a lesbian.

Do we know if her partner is a lesbian... or bi? I think the killer had to be pretty strong.

by Anonymousreply 109August 1, 2021 4:58 PM

Oh fuck off troll.^

by Anonymousreply 110August 1, 2021 4:59 PM

I think the killer is male. Perhaps a bar patron she rejected?

by Anonymousreply 111August 1, 2021 4:59 PM

It's hard not to think that this must have been pre-planned. It takes some big fucking balls to stab a dog and its owner to death as a crime of opportunity. So much could have gone wrong - from the dog doing serious damage to the assailant, to the human being able to get away... The person upthread mentioned about a gang. Multiple people attacking Katie and the dog would make more sense.

by Anonymousreply 112August 1, 2021 5:03 PM

The perp most likely knew her routine and was waiting to ambush her.

by Anonymousreply 113August 1, 2021 5:05 PM

I've seen tweets that mention the dog as belonging to the partner. Did the couple live together?

by Anonymousreply 114August 1, 2021 5:13 PM

Katie's voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 1, 2021 5:14 PM

If my lover was brutally killed the very LAST thing id be doing was a tv interview. I dont understand young people .

by Anonymousreply 116August 1, 2021 5:16 PM

“She didn’t deserve this” is such a curious thing to say under the circumstances.

Almost like, “the bitch had SOMETHING coming, but maybe I overdid it.”

by Anonymousreply 117August 1, 2021 5:20 PM

Did the Greek husband do an interview?

by Anonymousreply 118August 1, 2021 5:21 PM

I agree with r102. There had to be at least two assailants, if not more. It's likely that it was a crime of opportunity; she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The rumored details of mutilation does put one in mind of a serial signature. But it's just as likely a drug-fueled rage killing. Maybe there was a confrontation. These days, it doesn't seem to take much to push someone into a full-on attack.

Everyone needs to take every precaution to stay safe, no matter where you live. It's smart to assume there is danger around the corner.

by Anonymousreply 119August 1, 2021 5:43 PM

Where was the body found? Far inside the park? Or near the entrance?

by Anonymousreply 120August 1, 2021 5:46 PM

Drug fueled? Meth has long been popular in Atlanta.

It easily could be someone who knew her routine and possibly even an acquaintance. Where did she work? what kind of work did she do? Who is the office oddball?

by Anonymousreply 121August 1, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]I wonder what race the perpetrator will eventually be revealed as?

If revealed to be black, this thread will immediately cease. If revealed to be lesbian, there will be multiple 600 post threads. Datalounge anxiously awaits the DNA.

by Anonymousreply 122August 1, 2021 5:52 PM

[Quote] Drug fueled? Meth has long been popular in Atlanta. It easily could be someone who knew her routine and possibly even an acquaintance. Where did she work? what kind of work did she do?

She was bartender. The night of the murder she was not working. She called into a restaurant to see her girlfriend before continuing to walk the girlfriend's dog.

by Anonymousreply 123August 1, 2021 5:55 PM

Moreover, the girlfriend pinged her phone and discovered her body.

by Anonymousreply 124August 1, 2021 5:56 PM

Carrying knife or mace is not enough. I recommend carrying a personal safety alarm like this one, I personally carry it with me at all times when I’m out at night. I live in SF and even the supposedly safe neighborhood I live in is being overrun by criminals and criminal homeless. I now have SF311 app downloaded on my phone because I’ve had to use it so often.

Anyway, these personal alarms are inexpensive and fucking loud as fuck. You carry one your person and one on your keychain in case the keychain gets lost in an attack. No one in their right mind would want to stick around with that loud alarm blaring. Their instinct would be to flee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 1, 2021 6:01 PM

If the reward is big enough, I guarantee there will be people willing to turn in their relative/ friend with suspicious dog bites and bloody evidence items.

by Anonymousreply 126August 1, 2021 6:03 PM

RIP to Katie. This is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 127August 1, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] If revealed to be black, this thread will immediately cease. If revealed to be lesbian, there will be multiple 600 post threads.

What if a black lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 128August 1, 2021 6:09 PM

Yes blacks can be lesbians. Crazy, I know.

by Anonymousreply 129August 1, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote]What if a black lesbian?

Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 130August 1, 2021 6:13 PM

[Quote] What if a black lesbian?

You already know.

by Anonymousreply 131August 1, 2021 6:15 PM

I was thinking that it had to be 2 people as well- but that doesn't add up with the mutilation aspects-

That behavior would generally be one person- and it had to be an extremely violent and brutal attack- It does seem personal- and if its not, this person had to be on serious hardcore drugs.

by Anonymousreply 132August 1, 2021 6:27 PM

Thanks for the link, r125.

by Anonymousreply 133August 1, 2021 6:34 PM

It doesn't leap out at me how the killer could kill both Katie and the dog efficiently. The old intruder trick of feeding the animal meat laced with poison wouldn't fit the situation. This thing would make way more sense if Katie and the dog were shot.

by Anonymousreply 134August 1, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote] “She didn’t deserve this” is such a curious thing to say under the circumstances.

Having watched far too many Datelines, I have to say this is a very common thing for familes and friends to say after losing someone to murder.

by Anonymousreply 135August 1, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote] This seems like something an incel would do to a woman who turned him down.

- incel.

+ disrespected

by Anonymousreply 136August 1, 2021 6:41 PM

If my dog were being attacked I would try to save her. So maybe they attacked the dog first and did enough harm where the dog wasn't a threat and then killed her. You would be surprised when you are startled how you just freeze. I was blindsided by a dog and I froze for an instant, until it sunk it what was happening. I've been so anti gun for all of my life, but now I am really thinking of getting one.

by Anonymousreply 137August 1, 2021 6:46 PM

I love people who don’t know this story ^.

The DOG DIED TRYING TO PROTECT HER. They gathered DNA from the dog’s mouth.

This story reminds me of that snow shoveling incident where even Redditors were telling Dataloungers to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 138August 1, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] black people don't fuck with dogs.

I beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 139August 1, 2021 6:49 PM

Was the dog trans?

by Anonymousreply 140August 1, 2021 6:51 PM

[Quote] The DOG DIED TRYING TO PROTECT HER

Well, shit. If only this were her dog...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 1, 2021 6:53 PM

Poor doggy defending its owner :( but seriously who goes for a walk at midnight IN ATLANTA?

by Anonymousreply 142August 1, 2021 6:53 PM

Was she out scoring drugs?

by Anonymousreply 143August 1, 2021 6:53 PM

The dog did it! Murder-Suicide!

by Anonymousreply 144August 1, 2021 6:54 PM

DNA evidence from the killer doesn’t automatically mean the dog died trying to protect her. The dog may have tried to defend itself and was killed first. This piece of information I doubt the police or FBI would release publicly.

by Anonymousreply 145August 1, 2021 6:55 PM

^^^also taking swab samples from animals killed along with owner is pretty standard. It doesn’t demonstrably show that the animal was trying to protect the owner.

by Anonymousreply 146August 1, 2021 6:56 PM

I've read the story R138. You lack reading comprehension. You are assuming the dog was protecting her instead of the dog being attacked first and protecting itself.

by Anonymousreply 147August 1, 2021 6:57 PM

Relax. It's not unusual for "brave" narratives to spring up around a murder. It allays people's fears a tad.

by Anonymousreply 148August 1, 2021 6:59 PM

R134 it was dark and the killer likely hid in a secluded area, or on the contrary approached the dog and owner in a friendly way. Surprise attack or guards let down by “friendly” fellow walker. A deep knife wound can easily disable a trained attack dog if it’s in the right spot.

by Anonymousreply 149August 1, 2021 7:04 PM

Well, that rather contradicts the drug fueled suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 150August 1, 2021 7:08 PM

I find this story sad and disturbing. I lived in Atlanta in the 1990s, and I visited Piedmont Park often. It is a nice city park. I never went at night out of fear for my safety. Back then, my understanding was that anyone who was in that park after 11 p.m. was usually a gay man cruising for sex. Perhaps things have changed since I lived in the city. Someone upthread questioned if this crime was drug related. (Could she have owed someone money?) I am now wondering if it was part of some type of gang initiation. It scares me that we are living in a society where someone who would commit such a crime is walking around among the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 151August 1, 2021 7:11 PM

Yet another thread where DL confuses random speculation with critical thinking 😂😂😂 and of course sprinkled with a little bit of racism and misogyny because why not.

by Anonymousreply 152August 1, 2021 7:20 PM

Gangs do not kill an stranger not connected to another gang this viciously. Hell, they rarely would kill another rival gang member this viciously.

This was either:

A) Someone she knew either a patron where she works or someone closer

Or

B) A serial killer

Any crime this vicious is usually going to be a serial killer.

He probably walked up to her friendly, bent down to pet the dog, one quick slice he disables the dog and quickly stabs her. It’s not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 153August 1, 2021 7:25 PM

^^^ a stranger

by Anonymousreply 154August 1, 2021 7:26 PM

The killer is a meth freak living in the park.

by Anonymousreply 155August 1, 2021 7:27 PM

It’s an awful story. RIP

However, stabbings in America are not unusual. And we don’t see them posted here daily.

It’s suspect that a DLer made a thread about a white woman stabbed in a predominantly black city.

by Anonymousreply 156August 1, 2021 7:27 PM

But she wasn't just stabbed. This wasn't a knife "hit-and-run."

by Anonymousreply 157August 1, 2021 7:29 PM

She wasn’t robbed. She was militated. Serial killer likely white.

by Anonymousreply 158August 1, 2021 7:32 PM

Serial killers usually abduct and then kill - they don’t usually attack someone where they find them. Doesn’t sound like she was raped, either.

I think this will be someone deranged whether through drugs, mental illness or both.

by Anonymousreply 159August 1, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote] I've been so anti gun for all of my life, but now I am really thinking of getting one.

Why? Because one person was murdered while walking a dog in a park in Atlanta at midnight? How about you just don't go out walking after midnight, Patsy Cline? And/or get yourself one of the personal alarms r125 mentioned? You've got many options for avoiding vicious murder besides getting yourself a gun (that might well end up being used on you if you ever are attacked, which is not that likely in the first place).

by Anonymousreply 160August 1, 2021 7:36 PM

Atlanta boy here, I'm still not so sure she was actually IN the park, just near its entrance.

Either way, there are tons of houses, bars, etc. and 1 am is not that late so surprised nobody heard s brutal crime like that. Lots of folks live directly across the street. (I sure as shit wouldn't).

by Anonymousreply 161August 1, 2021 7:48 PM

R159 Could be a serial killer, or just a couple sadistic psychos. Apart from the reported mutilation, it's not too different from the daylight rape/torture/murder of Ee Lee in a Milwaukee park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 1, 2021 7:51 PM

R159 They don’t always abduct. This could be a beginning. Not all serial killers are the same.

by Anonymousreply 163August 1, 2021 7:52 PM

Hopefully, others will learn from this tragedy and save themselves by not going out alone at night in Atlanta. It can be assumed that was common sense for most people already, but for the rest it should be a wakeup call.

by Anonymousreply 164August 1, 2021 7:54 PM

R159 is the reports are true about the mutilation then it would point to some sort of sexual gratification or compulsion... ie the removal of breasts and the cutting of the vagina

by Anonymousreply 165August 1, 2021 7:54 PM

This is a terrible tragedy, but this discussion reminds me of other DL murder investigations including: The NYC Killer Ninja, the brutal murder on Long Island that DL speculated was mob-related, only to discover it was some random homeless guy and of course, the PA Snow Shovel Massacre (which strangely enough morphed into a Tasteful Friends thread).

That said, "she didn't deserve this" is a strange choice of words since *no one* deserves to be brutally stabbed & mutilated (except maybe Trump) - and if it was a random act, how the killer no she was gay (yes, one can assume, but still). This is al very strange indeed!

by Anonymousreply 166August 1, 2021 7:55 PM

*know* she was gay (sheesh!)

by Anonymousreply 167August 1, 2021 7:56 PM

So we have:

“Could be someone known to her”

“Could be a stranger”

And when it’s made known who it is DL will claim to have known all along?

by Anonymousreply 168August 1, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote]Gangs do not kill an stranger not connected to another gang this viciously.

Well, sometimes they do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 1, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote] I've been so anti gun for all of my life, but now I am really thinking of getting one.

That could be a good choice for personal protection, but make sure you get proper training for usage and safety.

by Anonymousreply 170August 1, 2021 7:59 PM

I hate seeing the cam still shot of the victims before a brutal murder or attack. They're just going along, minding their own business and daily life....then within seconds, a terrible thing happens. It goes to show that anything can happen in a split second.

by Anonymousreply 171August 1, 2021 8:00 PM

I live 20 minutes from the park and I wouldn't even go to my mailbox after dark. This person may have spent time in the park at night, casing the place and who goes walking/jogging at night. I hope LE checks out the camera footage-what there is of it- from the previous month. I am thinking this is a serial killer. I hope not. If it is he probably took a "trophy" from the victim to relive this brutal crime.

by Anonymousreply 172August 1, 2021 8:01 PM

R169 It’s rare.

by Anonymousreply 173August 1, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote] Hopefully, others will learn from this tragedy and save themselves by not going out alone at night in Atlanta. It can be assumed that was common sense for most people already, but for the rest it should be a wakeup call.

In other words gracefully accept the city has surrendered to the thugs

by Anonymousreply 174August 1, 2021 8:07 PM

As it has.

by Anonymousreply 175August 1, 2021 8:17 PM

At least until Bottoms is out.

by Anonymousreply 176August 1, 2021 8:19 PM

[Quote] That said, "she didn't deserve this" is a strange choice of words since *no one* deserves to be brutally stabbed & mutilated (except maybe Trump) - and if it was a random act, how the killer no she was gay (yes, one can assume, but still). This is al very strange indeed!

It's not strange. Ee Lee's sister that very thing. Lee was brutally assaulted, physically and sexually, in a park.

by Anonymousreply 177August 1, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote]the PA Snow Shovel Massacre (which strangely enough morphed into a Tasteful Friends thread).

It did?

[quote]twitter is going wild with claims that her eyelids and breasts were removed.

[quote]is the reports are true about the mutilation then it would point to some sort of sexual gratification or compulsion... ie the removal of breasts and the cutting of the vagina

Obviously this is no ordinary killer.

She was known in the community and regularly walked her dog late at night.

Lesbian + face disfigured + reports that her breasts were removed and vagina mutilated = a killer who really hates women and likely targeted Janness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 1, 2021 8:23 PM

R156 Read the story; it wasn’t a “harmless” stabbing. If reports are true, the victim’s breasts, eyelids and organs were removed.

Some of unaware of the racial makeup of Atlanta, myself included.

Finally, the story is of interest not because the woman was white but because she was a lesbian. This might have been a crime of homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 179August 1, 2021 8:27 PM

DL racists shocked cities full of millions of people can be dangerous. They’d be perfectly safe sashaying around a West Virginia trailer park, though.

by Anonymousreply 180August 1, 2021 8:28 PM

R180 don’t be obtuse. It’s not about racism, but the brutality. People get mugged in cities, yes. This a while other level of cruelty. Reminds me of the Delphi double murder case and the reportedly nightmareish crime scene. Overkill, like this one.

Btw, we don’t know who the Delphi murderer is but we know he is white.

by Anonymousreply 181August 1, 2021 8:36 PM

No one is racist here, r180. Take your pissant, petty insults out of here.

by Anonymousreply 182August 1, 2021 8:39 PM

[quote] DL racists shocked cities full of millions of people can be dangerous. They’d be perfectly safe sashaying around a West Virginia trailer park, though.

Can you elaborate on why pointing out that some large cities can be dangerous bothers you? It doesn’t seem like a rational reaction, unless you are in city government, the tourist board or the chamber of commerce.

by Anonymousreply 183August 1, 2021 8:40 PM

I’m reading the comments from R10:

[quote]I saw on news today,that she had a homophobic slur carved on her body. Also they said the dog had DNA in his mouth.

[quote]It was on WSB, Channel 2, the Reporter said the FBI, told him this. I see now the reporter, said it wasn't a homophobic slur, but something else...

[quote]Don't be surprised if the younger girlfriend/wife did it or had something to do with it.

[quote]I was wondering how someone was able to get close enough to her while she was walking her pit to stab her…unless it was someone the dog was familiar with.

[quote]This shit has drug-deal gone bad all over it. Or Lesbian hate crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 1, 2021 8:43 PM

Another comment from R10:

[quote]I hope it isn't the case like that greek husband that killed the wife and dog. But this was in a park and based in the timline she would only have about under an hour to kill amd clean up then call the police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 1, 2021 8:46 PM

R183 It has become a racist dog whistle here on DL that big cities run by Democrats are dangerous with a wink and nod about who lives in big cities. Read the first replies.

by Anonymousreply 186August 1, 2021 8:48 PM

R183 ya you’re either naive, willfully ignorant or dishonest, or all three!

In case you’re too lazy to read back ;)

by Anonymousreply 187August 1, 2021 8:52 PM

And R182 also read above comment

by Anonymousreply 188August 1, 2021 8:52 PM

R186 So big cities aren’t dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 189August 1, 2021 8:55 PM

I cannot fathom the psyche of someone who would enjoy carving off someone's breasts, eyelids, removing their organs, etc. It's beyond repulsive. I don't even like seeing roadkill. It's insane to me that people do things like this.

by Anonymousreply 190August 1, 2021 8:56 PM

R189 Anytime you have millions of people living in close proximity it is dangerous. That is just human nature. See R187 for why saying this on DL has become a way to either be racist in a sly way or bash Democrats in a sly way.

by Anonymousreply 191August 1, 2021 8:58 PM

r186, the question was why does pointing out that some large cities can be dangerous bother you.

by Anonymousreply 192August 1, 2021 8:59 PM

Those are stealth magaTs R191. Ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 193August 1, 2021 9:01 PM

It's bizarre how some Dataloungers are focusing on the wife's comment that the victim "didn't deserve this." It's such a common remark to make about a murder, sometimes even a natural death. Just goes that, despite the claims to sophistication, Dataloungers are just a bunch of autistic overthinkers.

by Anonymousreply 194August 1, 2021 9:04 PM

R192 Why does it bother you that I point out the motives behind those who harp on crime in big cities? Messing up your talking points narrative setting?

by Anonymousreply 195August 1, 2021 9:05 PM

Well, if the park is that dangerous, the killer didn’t have to worry about many people seeing him. But you’d need some bit of light to carve off someone’s eyelids (I’d imagine, anyway). What the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 196August 1, 2021 9:06 PM

I bet the cameras were working and the authorities are hiding that fact.

by Anonymousreply 197August 1, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]magaTs

I love when gays use this in place of f-ggots.

by Anonymousreply 198August 1, 2021 9:08 PM

Agreed, R197.

by Anonymousreply 199August 1, 2021 9:09 PM

r195, it was a question to understand why pointing out that some large cities can be dangerous bothers you.

by Anonymousreply 200August 1, 2021 9:09 PM

R191 Or, they’re just acknowledging that cities are dangerous. End of.

by Anonymousreply 201August 1, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote]Dataloungers are just a bunch of autistic overthinkers.

They just don’t care for lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 202August 1, 2021 9:09 PM

Are you retarded R198?

Possibly R201 but maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 203August 1, 2021 9:10 PM

Do pitbulls have to be walked a lot?

by Anonymousreply 204August 1, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote] it has become a racist dog whistle here on DL that big cities run by Democrats are dangerous with a wink and nod about who lives in big cities.

In other words ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 1, 2021 9:11 PM

Please stop your bickering so this thread doesn't get locked for subscribers only.

by Anonymousreply 206August 1, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote]Are you retarded

Typical blue Deplorable. The far-left loves calling names.

by Anonymousreply 207August 1, 2021 9:12 PM

Hopefully it gets deleted R206.

by Anonymousreply 208August 1, 2021 9:13 PM

R201 What fuck tard needs to be told big cities are dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 209August 1, 2021 9:14 PM

Yes. It wouldn't be a bad idea to start from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 210August 1, 2021 9:14 PM

Nice try sweetie but I'm far from "far left". I have my answer.

by Anonymousreply 211August 1, 2021 9:14 PM

You are^.

by Anonymousreply 212August 1, 2021 9:15 PM

Ok. You're both Pinko Commie Tools. Stay on topic.

by Anonymousreply 213August 1, 2021 9:15 PM

Can someone send this thread to the partner? I just want her to read it and the comments about her.

by Anonymousreply 214August 1, 2021 9:17 PM

Serial killer. Not even a close acquaintance would mutilate like this.

by Anonymousreply 215August 1, 2021 9:19 PM

[Quote] Can someone send this thread to the partner? I just want her to read it and the comments about her.

Has anyone claimed to know the partner?

by Anonymousreply 216August 1, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote] What fuck tard needs to be told big cities are dangerous?

Apparently, the victim, but hopefully others now can be taught to better appreciate the danger.

by Anonymousreply 217August 1, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote]Serial killer. Not even a close acquaintance would mutilate like this.

My initial thought was something like a Dana Rivers situation.

by Anonymousreply 218August 1, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote]Has anyone claimed to know the partner?

I’m sure someone here will doxx her. It’s what they do here. So they can harass.

by Anonymousreply 219August 1, 2021 9:22 PM

No R212 I'm not and you screaming it over and over won't change that. Now continue trolling like an infant.

by Anonymousreply 220August 1, 2021 9:23 PM

Ok. ^

by Anonymousreply 221August 1, 2021 9:23 PM

[Quote] I’m sure someone here will doxx her.

The partner has given an interview. Her name and face are out there.

by Anonymousreply 222August 1, 2021 9:37 PM

Oh they don’t need interviews here to track people down.

by Anonymousreply 223August 1, 2021 9:39 PM

[Quote] Oh they don’t need interviews here to track people down.

Ok... but your point is invalid. The partner has made herself visible.

by Anonymousreply 224August 1, 2021 9:41 PM

Oh got it.

by Anonymousreply 225August 1, 2021 9:44 PM

Which homophobic slur was carved into her?

by Anonymousreply 226August 1, 2021 9:44 PM

None.

by Anonymousreply 227August 1, 2021 9:46 PM

How about you try some critical thinking R160. It is not just about this one instance. I don't go out to parks late at night, that is your purview. Years ago I walked down the streets in Chicago at 3 or 4 in the morning and never felt unsafe. There just seems to be a lot of random attacks.

by Anonymousreply 228August 1, 2021 9:50 PM

[Quote] Which homophobic slur was carved into her?

That's been retracted. The homophobic part. Not the carved part.

by Anonymousreply 229August 1, 2021 9:50 PM

every park in america should have high def cameras at every possible entrance.

shit goes down.

fry the straight men responsible for assaults!!!

by Anonymousreply 230August 1, 2021 9:50 PM

[Quote] I walked down the streets in Chicago at 3 or 4 in the morning and never felt unsafe.

And this is the crux. "I've never been attacked, therefore I won't be."

by Anonymousreply 231August 1, 2021 9:51 PM

I wish I hadn't read up on Ee Lee. It happened in broad daylight, while she was just sitting on a blanket in the park.

by Anonymousreply 232August 1, 2021 9:52 PM

Never said that R231. I've been fucking raped you goddamn asshole R231. I know what it is like to have a 357 Magnum held to your head while being viciously raped, not knowing if they are going to kill you afterwards.

R170 There was an HBO special back in the 80's. An elderly woman called the police about a prowler. The played the tape and you hear her tell the cops they have broken in and they she is saying they were in her room and screaming. You hear gun shots and then you find out she was afraid to use the gun and the intruder grabbed the gun and killed her. I'm haunted by the tape to this day. I would never buy a gun without learning how to use it and I would not be afraid to use it.

by Anonymousreply 233August 1, 2021 9:59 PM

[quote]Never said that [R231]. I've been fucking raped you goddamn asshole [R231]. I know what it is like to have a 357 Magnum held to your head while being viciously raped, not knowing if they are going to kill you afterwards.

This is Datalounge fanfic, R231.

by Anonymousreply 234August 1, 2021 10:01 PM

[Quote] Never said that [R231]. I've been fucking raped you goddamn asshole [R231]. I know what it is like to have a 357 Magnum held to your head while being viciously raped, not knowing if they are going to kill you afterwards.

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the mindset wherein people put themselves in danger because they've done it before (walked home at 3 or 4 in the morning etc.) and nothing has happened.

by Anonymousreply 235August 1, 2021 10:03 PM

After almost 20 years on this site, I've finally decided that I no longer believe people who say anything even slightly fantastical or exceptional about their life experiences, because I've realized they just want to use it to bolster their own arguments.

by Anonymousreply 236August 1, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote]the PA Snow Shovel Massacre (which strangely enough morphed into a Tasteful Friends thread). It did?

Yes, don't you remember when the shooter's house went on the market?

by Anonymousreply 237August 1, 2021 10:04 PM

The attacker's name is Jame Gumb and he breeds exotic moths.

by Anonymousreply 238August 1, 2021 10:05 PM

Yes R236.

by Anonymousreply 239August 1, 2021 10:06 PM

R235 My mom grew up in Chicago. She always taught my brother and me to be very careful and know our surroundings. I think most people don't take unnecessary risk, but accidents happen, your car could break down. That couple last week sitting in a movie theater shot, where she did instantly and he died several days later. You don't know who the kooks are around you.

by Anonymousreply 240August 1, 2021 10:13 PM

[Quote] That couple last week sitting in a movie theater shot, where she did instantly and he died several days later. You don't know who the kooks are around you.

Oh, I hadn't heard that he died as well. Shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 1, 2021 10:16 PM

America is violent. It’s strange that other countries have far less severe penalties for most crimes. We jail people for years for victim-less crimes. Yet, our crime rate is far higher. I wonder what the difference is? I’m not just talking about guns though they make crime very easy.

by Anonymousreply 242August 1, 2021 10:25 PM

That article R241. It was an employee that found them after the last showing. How many people were in the theater and didn't anyone hear gunshots? That is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 243August 1, 2021 10:26 PM

It sounds like the couple and the shooter were the only one in the theatre. I think the showing they attender was 21:35. They weren't discovered until after midnight.

by Anonymousreply 244August 1, 2021 10:27 PM

America has a profoundly violent culture, R242, the content in our movies, YouTube content, games, books, commercials, etc, etc. But there are plenty of people who will tell you these things have nothing to do with our blood lust, often monied interests and the addicted or dim. It's all about money, honey. Our legislators and regulators are bought and paid for. Mental health and well-being be damned.

by Anonymousreply 245August 1, 2021 10:36 PM

America was founded/stolen by religious extemists, was it not?

by Anonymousreply 246August 1, 2021 10:41 PM

R245 Other countries have the same things, yet they aren’t as violent.

I think it has to do with our form of capitalism. We need more FDR capitalism than Reagan capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 247August 1, 2021 10:50 PM

No one give a shit what you think R234. I have no reason to lie about being raped.

by Anonymousreply 248August 1, 2021 10:59 PM

If the rumors are true, it's Jack the Ripper stuff, which happened in London, if memory serves. Point being, psychos are everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 249August 1, 2021 11:00 PM

Are you Coco Peru?

by Anonymousreply 250August 1, 2021 11:02 PM

Enough R248.

by Anonymousreply 251August 1, 2021 11:05 PM

Go to hell R251.

by Anonymousreply 252August 1, 2021 11:08 PM

Serial killers mutilate.

by Anonymousreply 253August 1, 2021 11:09 PM

Have there been cases like this in the Atlanta area R253?

by Anonymousreply 254August 1, 2021 11:10 PM

[quote]Go to hell [R251].

I can’t. Not alone.

by Anonymousreply 255August 1, 2021 11:10 PM

R228 did you feel safe because you were also walking to Subway to get a sandwich, trailed by MAGA pair of Nigerian bodybuilding brothers?

by Anonymousreply 256August 2, 2021 12:08 AM

It was back in 1998 R256. My mom had a stroke and was in the hospital. I couldn't get a cab back to her place so I started walking. Maybe because of the shock of her being in the hospital I just didn't think about what could happen to me walking that late (early). There was nothing eerie about the walk. The walk was from Northwestern Hospital to LaSalle St.

by Anonymousreply 257August 2, 2021 12:12 AM

I’m sorry, r257. Men really do not understand.

by Anonymousreply 258August 2, 2021 1:23 AM

I’m sorry that happened to you, r257. Men do not understand, and they get defensive about it.

In my experience, every single woman has had a bad experience where they’ve been sexually forced. Every damn one.

by Anonymousreply 259August 2, 2021 1:27 AM

That's horrible, r257. I hate knowing that happened to you. Glad you're still here with us.

by Anonymousreply 260August 2, 2021 2:26 AM

[Quote] I hate knowing that happened to you.

Don't make this about you.

by Anonymousreply 261August 2, 2021 2:27 AM

People are so gullible.

by Anonymousreply 262August 2, 2021 2:27 AM

[Quote] People are so gullible.

This is all a hoax?

by Anonymousreply 263August 2, 2021 2:28 AM

R258-R260 are gullible. Stop encouraging it.

by Anonymousreply 264August 2, 2021 2:30 AM

Well I got raped too,R257 ! he ravaged me unmercifully and left me gaping and dazed in the bottom of a ditch with my depends torn beyond repair and my top plate floating away. You dont hear ME whining .

by Anonymousreply 265August 2, 2021 2:32 AM

Can we get back to the serial killer, please!

by Anonymousreply 266August 2, 2021 2:37 AM

Thank you. ^

by Anonymousreply 267August 2, 2021 2:38 AM

Oh it’s a serial killer. Y’all be careful in Hotlanta!

by Anonymousreply 268August 2, 2021 2:41 AM

Has the chronology been documented? Katie's body was found at 1AM. What time did she visit her girlfriend at Henry's? How close is Henry's to the park?

by Anonymousreply 269August 2, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote]This story reminds me of that snow shoveling incident where even Redditors were telling Dataloungers to fuck off.

That was partly because of you, though. You've posted like 100 times in this thread, trying to racebait by saying racist stuff and then saying "Datalounge is so racist," trying the same by saying homophobic stuff and then saying "Datalounge is homophobic," then asking people to dox the partner, then saying Datalounge is awful because they always dox "so they can harass."

The kind of idiotic shenanigans you're pulling here is what made those murder/suicide threads insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 270August 2, 2021 3:02 AM

The whole "the dog was protecting itself, not its beloved owner" thing is CLASSIC Datalounge. Cynicism coupled with people doubling and tripling down because someone disagreed with a random thought they wrote down, and now they're defensive.

The cops don't know who the dog bit, but they think it bit someone, so they took DNA from the dog. It's not likely to have bitten the victim, so it stands to reason that it bit the murderer.

Absolutely nothing to argue about or contradict here. Very simple stuff.

by Anonymousreply 271August 2, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote]That was partly because of you, though. You've posted like 100 times in this thread, trying to racebait by saying racist stuff and then saying "Datalounge is so racist," trying the same by saying homophobic stuff and then saying "Datalounge is homophobic," then asking people to dox the partner, then saying Datalounge is awful because they always dox "so they can harass."

My posting history is there. Check for “racism” and “homophobia” all you wish. None of which you’ll find.

by Anonymousreply 272August 2, 2021 3:12 AM

r182 and others, this thread was started as racebait, that's why the title was so flippant and why the first comments are all about race. R8 called it out fast, and they were right. Trolls start threads about crime in "black Democratic cities" like Chicago or Atlanta all the time.

Just because you don't recognize typical Datalounge trolling doesn't mean it didn't happen. Stop yelling at the people who have rightly pointed out that the original intent of this thread was to troll, and that some of the racebaiting trolls are STILL HERE, trying to cause problems.

by Anonymousreply 273August 2, 2021 3:12 AM

Agreed. DL has a lot of serial baiters.

by Anonymousreply 274August 2, 2021 3:13 AM

Agreed. DL has a lot of serial baiters.

by Anonymousreply 275August 2, 2021 3:13 AM

Its not often a lesbian gets her tits cut off while out for a walk.

by Anonymousreply 276August 2, 2021 3:28 AM

You sound disappointed R276.

by Anonymousreply 277August 2, 2021 3:29 AM

I cannot believe anyone would think a woman would do this, or that it was a “drug deal gone wrong,” as one of the comments posted at R184 said.

by Anonymousreply 278August 2, 2021 3:40 AM

R278 Right. That never happens in those situations. This is mutilation. This is a serial killer or budding serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 279August 2, 2021 3:43 AM

Someone commenting on the Daily Mail story from a couple of days ago said that the victim posted a picture of a man who had harrassed her and the dog earlier on the week has anyone heard this?

by Anonymousreply 280August 2, 2021 5:03 AM

^in the week. Has anyone heard of this?

by Anonymousreply 281August 2, 2021 5:11 AM

Haven't R280. Sometimes people post things like that to either get noticed and to make people think they are in the know.

by Anonymousreply 282August 2, 2021 5:20 AM

I'm glad to have read some posters really not liking this thread's title, saying it crossed a line.

yeah, i get what OP was going for but this as a miss.

We have some standards on DL here.

Night all.

by Anonymousreply 283August 2, 2021 5:24 AM

[quote] Sometimes people post things like that to either get noticed and to make people think they are in the know.

This is the premise of the entire thread non?

by Anonymousreply 284August 2, 2021 5:40 AM

R283 You type frau.

by Anonymousreply 285August 2, 2021 5:44 AM

[quote] What if a black lesbian?

Please, they’re called Blesbians.

by Anonymousreply 286August 2, 2021 5:52 AM

I prefer rubyfruits.

by Anonymousreply 287August 2, 2021 11:52 AM

People in Atlanta (city and suburb) seem more than a little obsessed about crime. I think it's more than a little bit a racial thing, although middle class African-Americans have some of it, too. I'm saying that in comparison with Chicago and DC, where I've also lived. I never had a problem and I was willing to exercise less paranoia than the average Atlantan. Perhaps the partner had more of that than the victim. Midtown gentrified decades ago and adjacent neighborhoods, esp. near the park are similarly or (even more) well-off.

The crime seems particularly vicious and I wouldn't be surprised if it was planned and hat she was an intended victim--being able to take out a dog as well as a person seems like it would take premeditation. She might not be the only person considered for this. As for who, parks do harbor homeless people. You can find this in big cities and little ones, too. And many of those people may be mentally and /or drug users. I could see a scenario where it was a homeless or semi-homeless person who had some underlying behavioral problems and used enough crack or meth to be paranoid and psychotic but was organized enough in their behavior to to plan and then obsess about doing something like this. It also could be a simple garden variety psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 288August 2, 2021 12:13 PM

If someone posted this thread to be a race-baiter, it didn’t really work. It drew the women-haters.

But I think a white male serial killer or psycho did this, not a black man or any color lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 289August 2, 2021 12:22 PM

[quote]s for who, parks do harbor homeless people. You can find this in big cities and little ones, too. And many of those people may be mentally and /or drug users.

There was jogger stabbed in DC a two years ago (I think) by a homeless man, usually described as being pretty passive, but he was hopped up on some particularly wicked strain of synthetic meth, causing him to just go berserk on this poor woman. So something like that might factor into the brutality of this crime.

by Anonymousreply 290August 2, 2021 12:27 PM

And someone who went berserk was also able to exit the scene without being seen, caught on camera etc?

by Anonymousreply 291August 2, 2021 12:32 PM

R291: The cameras weren't working (mentioned numerous times here). Also, it was the middle of the night and only on "Law & Order" would they have provided a definitive identification.

by Anonymousreply 292August 2, 2021 12:41 PM

The cameras that caught her walking to the park worked, how close was that to the park, does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 293August 2, 2021 12:42 PM

[Quote] The cameras weren't working (mentioned numerous times here). Also, it was the middle of the night and only on "Law & Order" would they have provided a definitive identification.

And someone who went berserk on a woman and dog wouldn't be dripping in blood? Someone who went berserk brought a change of clothes and a plastic bag for the soiled outfit?

by Anonymousreply 294August 2, 2021 12:45 PM

Someone who perseverates on doing something like this is going to walk through the details. The idea that people go "suddenly berserk" is more television and less human behavior.

by Anonymousreply 295August 2, 2021 12:49 PM

Maybe the killer stripped nude, like the killer in the old Charles Bronson movie.

by Anonymousreply 296August 2, 2021 12:49 PM

Perseverate?

by Anonymousreply 297August 2, 2021 12:57 PM

[quote] Someone who perseverates on doing something like this

Norm Crosby, thank you for your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 298August 2, 2021 1:02 PM

A lesbian is not going to cut someone's eyelids and tits off. It's just not what we do. I've seen a lesbian get so angry once that she ripped a toilet out of the wall and flooded the bar because her girlfriend was talking to someone else, but cutting off someone's tits is disturbed killer shit.

by Anonymousreply 299August 2, 2021 1:32 PM

A lesbian would drown another lesbian and their kids too.

by Anonymousreply 300August 2, 2021 1:44 PM

Women, of any sexuality, don’t commit crimes like this.

This smacks to me of a “wrong place at the wrong time” scenario. Someone out of his fucking mind came across Kate and thought she was Satan or something.

It’s rare, but it happens. Some poor woman was decapitated in a supermarket in broad daylight by some passing nutter who ran off down the street holding her head.

by Anonymousreply 301August 2, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote] and this gang of feral teens swarmed this guy, beat him and robbed him and vanished

Is that the euphemism they are using now, "feral teens"?

by Anonymousreply 302August 2, 2021 1:54 PM

Who murdered the gay man in this park years ago?

by Anonymousreply 303August 2, 2021 1:54 PM

So this person lost their mind but recovered enough not to draw any attention when fleeing the scene - more than likely covered in blood?

by Anonymousreply 304August 2, 2021 1:58 PM

What are you on about, R304?

Whoever murdered her...for whatever reason...would have been covered in blood. And they managed to get away without being seen. I’m not sure why you think this is less likely with someone who has “gone beserk”.

by Anonymousreply 305August 2, 2021 2:03 PM

R304, I think people are saying that late at night, in the dark, he could have run off in a direction where he didn't run into anyone who noticed him, especially if the park cameras were broken.

Police were asking for other security footage (I'm assuming from homes and stores) so he may very well have shown up on camera somewhere, even if people didn't see him that night.

by Anonymousreply 306August 2, 2021 2:09 PM

[Quote] he may very well have shown up on camera somewhere,

Let's hope.

by Anonymousreply 307August 2, 2021 2:13 PM

[quote]”gone beserk”.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 308August 2, 2021 2:48 PM

An excellent way to remember how to spell "berserk!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 2, 2021 2:53 PM

LOL - thanks R309. It’s not a word I can ever remember having written before. Correction duly noted 🙂

by Anonymousreply 310August 2, 2021 3:07 PM

I was also suprised at the speling.

by Anonymousreply 311August 2, 2021 3:29 PM

That has to be THE BEST movie poster of all time! Everything about it is brilliant. It's going to have me chuckling all day. I'd never heard of the movie. Must seek out.

I know how to spell "berserk," but my Achilles word was "cemetery" which I spelled as "cementery" until I was 50. A grad school pal and I shared notes and I kept seeing "supposably" in them. We both eventually got our doctorates.

by Anonymousreply 312August 2, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote] A lesbian is not going to cut someone's eyelids and tits off. It's just not what we do. I've seen a lesbian get so angry once that she ripped a toilet out of the wall and flooded the bar because her girlfriend was talking to someone else, but cutting off someone's tits is disturbed killer shit.

This was the hearty guffaw with which I needed to start my day. Thank you. I knew eventually something in this thread would make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 313August 2, 2021 4:26 PM

Someone who goes berserk does not mutilate like this. 99% of the time, behavioral scientists will say this is the work of someone with the make up to be a serial killer. This is even less likely to be someone she pissed off. That would have been more likely if they just brutally stabbed her (overkill). This was way more than that. Time will tell. Look for similar murders in the next few months.

by Anonymousreply 314August 2, 2021 4:28 PM

It took the Atlanta police less than 24 hrs to request FBI assistance. This isn't someone who just snapped. I'm sure there were a number of signs that the killings were very methodical in nature and more expertise was needed.

by Anonymousreply 315August 2, 2021 4:40 PM

For those who say women don't and can't commit murders then mutilate the bodies, you guys obviously don't watch enough ID on Discovery. I got sucked into watching some of these shows where they feature female killers, some of the insane ones not only kill but take pleasure in mutilating, chopping up their victims. Women who kill can be just as vicious as men.

by Anonymousreply 316August 2, 2021 4:41 PM

Let’s hope they catch this person fast.

Forty years ago, if this person is a serial killer, he wouldn’t get caught for years and dozens of bodies later.

by Anonymousreply 317August 2, 2021 4:43 PM

This reminds me of that horrific case with the lesbian sister of Norbert Leo Butz. So brutal and sad.

by Anonymousreply 318August 2, 2021 5:00 PM

People really need to watch out for themselves even in broad daylight, especially in big cities and yes even in densely packed parks. Pay attention, don't let your guard down. Yesterday I'd walked around Lake Merced with a friend in SF where I live. We saw a scruffy-looking, homeless guy who's been known to walk around the neighborhood while carrying a huge machete. I saw use his machete to break the windows in 2 bus shelters near Lake Merced one recent morning, strewing glass all over the road as I was driving home. I'd reported him to the local police station 2 blocks from my apartment. The police say they really couldn't do anything about a guy walking around carrying a machete. Well, I saw him again yesterday, and he was walking towards my friend and I, he was carrying his machete which was encased but out in the open. My friend and I decided to quickly walk past him while not making eye contact, as his face looked catatonic/ blank but with a glint of menace in his eyes, from the way he looked at us. What's to stop him from taking out his machete and going on a rampage? Nothing.

Unfortunately, many parks in large cities tend to attract druggie homeless, criminal homeless, and criminals looking for easy score. Always stay on paths where people can see you, not secluded areas especially if you're alone. If you choose to go on secluded paths then please don't listen to music and be distracted. 9 years ago a colleague was attacked while she jogged in Golden Gate Park in the middle of the day, she luckily only suffered a concussion but she could've been killed.

by Anonymousreply 319August 2, 2021 5:02 PM

You make a good point R319 about not listening to music. I see so many people listening to their music and oblivious to anything happening around them. There is a path along a busy street in my city that I use to walk my dog. The path is full of people walking their dogs, jogging, pushing strollers, etc. I know what that path is like at night and I would never have walked my dog in the nighttime on that path.

by Anonymousreply 320August 2, 2021 5:13 PM

Say what you will about Florida,but if some nutter was walking down the street with a machete he'd be ventilated by the cops in seconds. The details of her injuries reminded me so much of that poor young couple that were kidnapped raped and tortured .Channon Christian I think.

by Anonymousreply 321August 2, 2021 5:22 PM

R321 Yet he could walk around with an AR-15 with no problem!

by Anonymousreply 322August 2, 2021 5:26 PM

Poor woman I can’t imagine the horror she went through and just hope she died quickly before she was tortured.

The killer deserves the severest punishment available for killing an innocent woman and her dog in such a brutal way.

I hope the find the sicko who did this soon.

by Anonymousreply 323August 2, 2021 5:31 PM

A must see movie, R312. Joan looks fabulous, so much so that a young muscle hunk can't keep his hands off her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324August 2, 2021 5:31 PM

This is either a budding serial killer or a serial killer who has changed his tactics.

by Anonymousreply 325August 2, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote] only suffered a concussion but she could've been killed.

I once tripped and bruised my hand I didn’t realize I was CLOSE TO DEATH!!!1!!1

by Anonymousreply 326August 2, 2021 6:32 PM

Lesbians acknowledge that they can be brutal to the ones they love.

by Anonymousreply 327August 2, 2021 7:15 PM

But lesbians don't like to end things. Murder is very final.

by Anonymousreply 328August 2, 2021 7:16 PM

R327 & R328, you're experts on lesbian behavior because...?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 329August 2, 2021 7:22 PM

R326 ha ha, I guess I should've been more graphic about my colleague's attack. She suffered a concussion and was sexually assaulted but not raped. The police was later able to find the homeless druggie who did it and he had a knife with him which he luckily didn't use to stab her.

by Anonymousreply 330August 2, 2021 7:24 PM

r329, I said lesbians themselves acknowledge it. I didn’t state a view of it either way.

by Anonymousreply 331August 2, 2021 7:30 PM

They’re just hating lesbians R329. Don’t forget where you are, and don’t bite.

by Anonymousreply 332August 2, 2021 7:30 PM

R330 even with context I still think you’re over-egging it for dramatics. That’s a long long way from “almost murdered” whatever that even means.

by Anonymousreply 333August 2, 2021 7:43 PM

Beaten and sexually assaulted by someone with a knife... it isn't a huge leap to suggest that the woman could have been murdered on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 334August 2, 2021 7:44 PM

R334 I would say it is. That logic is reckless, and by extension any time you see anyone with a knife you “could be murdered” lol.

by Anonymousreply 335August 2, 2021 7:50 PM

R331, did you have a representative sample size? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 336August 2, 2021 7:51 PM

r336, it seems like the statement bothers you. Why don’t you share your feelings?

by Anonymousreply 337August 2, 2021 8:24 PM

R337 I’m not 336 but your statements were so dumb. I don’t think R336 is bothered rather than she’s trying to get you to understand how nonsensical your comments were haha.

by Anonymousreply 338August 2, 2021 8:27 PM

Police and city officials will give an update on the case tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will allow questions from the press

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 2, 2021 8:33 PM

As a fat womon, would I I be useful eviscerating someone?

by Anonymousreply 340August 2, 2021 10:45 PM

r338, the acknowledgement by lesbians of the brutality may or may not be nonsensical. I have no personal view on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 341August 3, 2021 12:32 AM

Wait, are we still talking about Katie?

by Anonymousreply 342August 3, 2021 12:35 AM

There was another murder in 2009 in that park that remains unsolved....

"The grisly scene, described by police as “gruesome,” is believed to be the first homicide in the park since the May 2009 death of 43-year-old Patrick Boland.

Boland was stabbed in the chest during an early morning attack near the park’s lake, investigators said at the time. While the homicide was initially believed to be the result of a robbery, investigators later said they thought the man may have been “cruising” for sex when he was killed.

The man’s murder was the first to occur inside Piedmont Park in 20 years. More than 12 years later, his homicide remains unsolved, the department confirmed Friday."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343August 3, 2021 12:46 AM

I see someone brought up the 2009. Sorry about that.

Are we sure she was actually murdered there and not merely dumped? That seems like a lot to pull off at the scene. I'm guessing more than one person? You would think someone would shoot both the victim and the dog to get them under control. How to you kill a dog with a knife? The thing isn't going to sit still.

by Anonymousreply 344August 3, 2021 12:48 AM

r301 is a Brit. That country has its own type of crazy. We're not having random acid attacks in the US.

by Anonymousreply 345August 3, 2021 12:49 AM

While it's unlikely a woman did this (although lesbian-lesbian murder is usually extremely violent), women have done this - kill and dismember bodies. The idea that this doesn't happen is not true. However, statistically it's unlikely a woman but one should never dismiss the notion. It could have been an angry former lover who wanted to mutilate her for leaving them or turning them down. It's been awhile since we've had a real serial killer with the advent of the internet and smart phones. Her walking in the park at this time at night is all sorts of suspect. Was she meeting someone and brought the dog for safety? Anyway, I hope they solve this. I agree with the person who said that they should have cameras in all parks. In my area we have them.

by Anonymousreply 346August 3, 2021 12:52 AM

It'll be interesting to find out who did this. Probably just some crazy person who saw an opportunity and took it.

by Anonymousreply 347August 3, 2021 1:03 AM

R347 Crazy doesn’t mutilate. I bet they are holding some other things done to the victim. They know it is premeditated.

by Anonymousreply 348August 3, 2021 1:17 AM

When did Katie last work? I know of a bouncer who was murdered by someone he'd ejected earlier in the evening. We know Katie wasn't working the evening of her murder but what about the night before?

by Anonymousreply 349August 3, 2021 1:19 AM

"Crazy doesn’t mutilate."

They most certainly do. Crazy people do things like that. Don't you know that?

by Anonymousreply 350August 3, 2021 1:25 AM

Whore Linda deserved this.

by Anonymousreply 351August 3, 2021 1:36 AM

This was not done by a quote unquote crazy person. Psychopath, yes. Crazy? Unlikely

by Anonymousreply 352August 3, 2021 2:49 AM

Do you think the killer lives near the park?

by Anonymousreply 353August 3, 2021 2:52 AM

This will be no big surprise, but police this morning confirm that they are doing a full autopsy on the pitbull. Specifically looking for DNA under its nails and in its mouth

by Anonymousreply 354August 3, 2021 12:41 PM

Why are people saying this is probably personal or someone she knows? I mean...have you ever seen a documentary on serial killers? Murderers who know their victims usually don't mutilate them and rip out their intestines. That's something you do to someone you have ZERO connection to because it's easier.

by Anonymousreply 355August 3, 2021 1:07 PM

Because they want it be lesbian. Datalounge is not fond of lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 356August 3, 2021 1:13 PM

Yes, I’m a Brit R345 and yes acid attacks here are horrendous and on the rise.

But seriously, I hope you are not comparing UK violence with American? You are 18 times more likely to be murdered than I am, so fuck you and your bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 357August 3, 2021 1:34 PM

As someone said upthread, whoever did this would be covered in blood. Does anyone here know about that area. I know the park closes at 11pm, but as we see people ignore the closing time. Do people frequent the park at night or walk their dog late at night in the neighborhood? If the 'leaked' stories are true that takes time and the killer would have to be fairly comfortable the someone would not come by.

by Anonymousreply 358August 3, 2021 1:40 PM

Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, Will? It appears quite black.

- Hannibal

No, seriously. It was dark and if the killer was wearing dark clothing then maybe it wasn’t noticeable. If the killer lives alone and has a car then he could escape notice in the middle of the night…

by Anonymousreply 359August 3, 2021 1:49 PM

The presence of the dog, though... It doesn't go with the classic solo predation narrative... I still think there was at least two people involved with Katie's murder. Maybe one restrained/took out the dog while the ringleader murdered and mutilated Katie. It's not unusual in a duo/group perpretator situation, for one person to go further than the others in terms of assault and sadism (e.g. the Channon Christian murder).

by Anonymousreply 360August 3, 2021 2:03 PM

There’s a poster who keeps using “Katie” over and over and over in their posts. They read sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 361August 3, 2021 2:24 PM

If she let her dog off the leash, he could have been killed by one person who then subdued her, especially if she saw her dog was being attacked feet/yards away and went running to try to save him.

by Anonymousreply 362August 3, 2021 2:25 PM

[Quote] There’s a poster who keeps using “Katie” over and over and over in their posts.

Media reports have tended to use "Katie."

by Anonymousreply 363August 3, 2021 2:28 PM

Who's looking to attack a dog in the dark? It's bizarre. It's not like it was a home intruder situation.

by Anonymousreply 364August 3, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote]But seriously, I hope you are not comparing UK violence with American? You are 18 times more likely to be murdered than I am, so fuck you and your bigotry.

And he was beheaded immediately after posting this. 🤭

by Anonymousreply 365August 3, 2021 2:33 PM

It's not about somebody "looking to attack a dog in the dark." Someone already mentally ill or on drugs who is sleeping or hiding or scoring drugs and getting startled by a dog doesn't seem out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 366August 3, 2021 2:35 PM

Killers that mutilate their victims work alone and derive a sick pleasure from inflicting extreme violence on the victim, it’s not the type of crime where you find multiple persons involved so I highly doubt that more than one person was involved. The dog was just collateral damage and not a deterrent for the killer. Someone experienced in either anatomy or butchery knows where to strike quickly and take someone down.

I really think the killer hates lesbians because of the injuries to her eyes and breasts, so it’s also a hate crime and that is why the FBI is involved.

by Anonymousreply 367August 3, 2021 2:43 PM

How about the killer just hates women R367. Since we don't know if the killer knew her or not why assume the killer knew she was gay.

by Anonymousreply 368August 3, 2021 2:47 PM

R368 By observing her out and about and the nature of the injuries.

by Anonymousreply 369August 3, 2021 2:55 PM

OMFG @R369. She was out walking her fucking dog late at night. You are as ignorant as straight people with your stereotype of what a gay person looks like. The injuries could well have been done to straight women and actually have in the past.

by Anonymousreply 370August 3, 2021 2:58 PM

I pray this is not done by her lover

by Anonymousreply 371August 3, 2021 3:22 PM

Her girlfriend has an alibi R371.

by Anonymousreply 372August 3, 2021 3:28 PM

“ I hope they find and they get what they deserve too” that’s a weird thing to say. Her wife seems cold

by Anonymousreply 373August 3, 2021 3:30 PM

The only information to come out of the press conference is that they're performing a necropsy on the dog? Or was that vis press release and the conference has yet to occur?

by Anonymousreply 374August 3, 2021 3:34 PM

The Atlanta police chief said it was his call to get the FBI involved. He said the murder was outside of the norm and it was so unique that he felt he needed to make that call. The mayor said there's no evidence that it is a serial killer or a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 375August 3, 2021 4:12 PM

R374 the latter... They are releasing some surveillance photos of potential witnesses right now

by Anonymousreply 376August 3, 2021 4:12 PM

R375, they suspect the girlfriend?!

by Anonymousreply 377August 3, 2021 4:14 PM

Where did you get that, r377?

by Anonymousreply 378August 3, 2021 4:14 PM

Here are photos of six people who were seen around the park in the time range that the murder could have happened. They are not suspects but are potential witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 3, 2021 4:16 PM

The police chief suspects

by Anonymousreply 380August 3, 2021 4:17 PM

Does the wife seem off to you?

by Anonymousreply 381August 3, 2021 4:18 PM

Dreadful way to die . Poor pittie too

by Anonymousreply 382August 3, 2021 5:03 PM

R372, do you have a link? I thought I read she was driving around looking for her?

by Anonymousreply 383August 3, 2021 5:20 PM

R383, Clark was at work when Janness visited her just as she started walking the dog. This was established quite some time ago, I don't know why people keep trying to make it seem like Clark did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 3, 2021 5:28 PM

Clark looks like a young Leo

by Anonymousreply 385August 3, 2021 5:32 PM

Right, but she was killed after that, R384. I don't necessarily think she did it but can see why people don't see that as an alibi unless it has been confirmed she was at work hours more. The driving around looking time seems to overlap with the incident, that and people are guessing the perp could have been known to the dog. I am curious about the man the deceased posted about on SM, that was said to be harassing her and the dog. Anyone have a link to those posts?

by Anonymousreply 386August 3, 2021 6:03 PM

The police would know by now if Clark left work early enough to have killed Janness, r386. They wouldn't have called in the FBI if they knew Clark left work early enough to have committed the murder.

by Anonymousreply 387August 3, 2021 6:24 PM

R381 Yes. The girlfriend -almost wife-has a very odd affect. Could be from shock and grief but there is something "off" about her. The woman killed had a pit bull. It would have been hard for a stranger to subdue the dog-also the mutilation of eyes and genitals seems very personal. Like maybe the victim had been unfaithful to the the perpetrator of the crime. This whole thing seems fishy. I am going with the girlfriend until proven otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 388August 3, 2021 7:02 PM

What an idiot @R388.

by Anonymousreply 389August 3, 2021 7:16 PM

R388, she’s definitely a person of interest

by Anonymousreply 390August 3, 2021 7:46 PM

No she isn't R390.

by Anonymousreply 391August 3, 2021 7:48 PM

Girlfriend pings her phone and finds her location 🤔 how does a stranger approach a dog ( especially a pit) without dog going nuts . I’m hoping not, but all avenues have to be explored.

by Anonymousreply 392August 3, 2021 7:48 PM

We don't know how the dog was with strangers R392.

by Anonymousreply 393August 3, 2021 7:49 PM

Dogs can pick up Vybes they can sense when danger is approaching that is a fact R393

by Anonymousreply 394August 3, 2021 7:51 PM

Not saying they don't R394. We still don't know how her dog would act around a stranger. Some dogs are timid no matter what and that is a fact.

by Anonymousreply 395August 3, 2021 7:58 PM

[Quote] Killers that mutilate their victims work alone and derive a sick pleasure from inflicting extreme violence on the victim, it’s not the type of crime where you find multiple persons involved

Tell that to Channon Christian and Chris Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 396August 3, 2021 8:11 PM

In one of the longer interviews I watched, the girlfriend said Katie was helping her mother out by sending her money. I feel so bad for her mother. I think the girlfriend also said that Katie was supposed to go out to visit her mother.

by Anonymousreply 397August 3, 2021 8:29 PM

I don't go to bars. How long would Katie have been out of work during the pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 398August 3, 2021 8:35 PM

DEAR OP , hope you get your karma for your catchy title .

by Anonymousreply 399August 3, 2021 8:46 PM

My dog is very territorial and barks A LOT at home and literally ignores all people and animals when I walk her. Maybe her dog wasn’t on guard on walks or maybe the dog liked people and didn’t sense the danger.

by Anonymousreply 400August 3, 2021 8:46 PM

[Quote] Clark looks like a young Leo

Emma Stone style as Leo, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 401August 3, 2021 8:48 PM

Anxiously await the outcome of law enforcement findings .

by Anonymousreply 402August 3, 2021 8:49 PM

A lot of lesbians are dark and suffer from profound mental issues .

by Anonymousreply 403August 3, 2021 8:50 PM

Do we know what the did to her? I watched a bit of a news update and the Atlanta homicide investigators said they the local news reported false information about this murder. I assumed they meant the mutilation. Tia

by Anonymousreply 404August 3, 2021 9:01 PM

Lesbians do not have on anything on men when it comes to being fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 405August 3, 2021 9:03 PM

R404 well we know that the mayor and the police have repeatedly called it grotesque and disturbing. The police chief said it was so far out of the norm and so unique that he called the FBI in immediately. They did say there is misinformation and that was probably aimed at people trying to connected this to other recent murders and suggesting there was a serial killer loose. Also one reporter deleted a tweet that implied it was a homophobic hate crime with a homophobic slur carved into her body. So far that's been the only retraction.

by Anonymousreply 406August 3, 2021 9:06 PM

I do not understand how no one in the pictures LE released is considered a suspect?

by Anonymousreply 407August 3, 2021 9:07 PM

I've said it before but I recall reading that the cops refuted that a homophobic slur was carved into Katie's body.

by Anonymousreply 408August 3, 2021 9:08 PM

R407 They might end up being. But for now they just know that they were in the area so they want to talk to them. If they're looking for people to come forward or for people to turn them in it's probably smart not to label them a suspect in a horrific murder

by Anonymousreply 409August 3, 2021 9:09 PM

I hope it’s a random psycho and they are sentenced to death.

by Anonymousreply 410August 3, 2021 9:22 PM

Whoever it is people have got to be scared there is a murderer on the loose in their neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 411August 3, 2021 9:24 PM

Is it possible more than one assailant?

by Anonymousreply 412August 3, 2021 9:25 PM

R412, of course it could have been more than one assailant. Obvious examples that spring to mind of torture/rape/murders committed in public by two or more people: the Ee Lee case mentioned above, and the murder of James Bulger in England. I'm sure the true crime fans here can think of many more.

by Anonymousreply 413August 3, 2021 10:17 PM

I live about half an hour away, and I am really nervous, tbh. And that isn't like me. Cautious yes, fearful & creeped out? No. But I am about this one. This isn't your everyday murder. This appears to be a stranger, murder of opportunity, Jack the Ripper level butchery. Killed the victim AND her Pit Bull. Yes, I am fearful.

by Anonymousreply 414August 3, 2021 10:18 PM

Unless this person starts entering homes R414 I think you are safe.

by Anonymousreply 415August 3, 2021 10:29 PM

R415- He just may do that. I think he is a serial killer. If this was his first victim, we may not have seen his real MO yet. I am thinking someone like Richard Ramara (sic) The Night Stalker.

by Anonymousreply 416August 3, 2021 10:33 PM

It is Richard Ramirez R416. This probably isn't his first killing.

by Anonymousreply 417August 3, 2021 10:36 PM

It’s more than likely not her wife . This required a lot of strength

by Anonymousreply 418August 3, 2021 10:40 PM

R418- Yes it did and the only way I can picture that happening is if he used a stun gun on one of them first, probably the poor dog.

by Anonymousreply 419August 3, 2021 10:46 PM

Good point r419, which would be a lot easier

by Anonymousreply 420August 3, 2021 10:48 PM

Don't be so certain R419, a person who's high on drugs can possess immense strength. Also the killer didn't have to be on drugs if he/ she had the right weapons and surprise element of attack. Remember, OJ butchererd 2 adults at night, including 26 year-old, 6'1" Ron Goldman.

by Anonymousreply 421August 3, 2021 10:52 PM

Speculation on that R421 was he killed Nicole before Ron even showed up.

by Anonymousreply 422August 3, 2021 10:55 PM

Point is R422 a person can easily overpower an adult by having element of surprise AND darkness of night helps too.

by Anonymousreply 423August 3, 2021 10:56 PM

No one is arguing that R423. But you have a dog involved in this case.

by Anonymousreply 424August 3, 2021 10:58 PM

And a dog can't be surprised or overcome by an attacker at night, R424?

by Anonymousreply 425August 3, 2021 11:04 PM

Not saying that. You have a dog and a human R425. The attacker has to get rid of one to deal with the other. Like I said before we don't know what this dog was like. They could have been fearful and intimidated by strangers.

by Anonymousreply 426August 3, 2021 11:16 PM

Even if the dog was hugely docile, it would detect an assailant trying to sneak up on Katie.

by Anonymousreply 427August 4, 2021 1:01 AM

There are too many unknowns R427. Hopefully the girlfriend informed the police what type of personality the dog had.

by Anonymousreply 428August 4, 2021 1:09 AM

R414 I am fearful too and I don't live anywhere near Georgia. I'm just deeply disturbed by the level of viciousness. I have some theories: The killer wasn't the girlfriend or any female. It was a man with a pathological hatred of women and potentially liberals in general. He might have had an interaction with this woman at the bar that caused him to focus his hatred of all women/liberals upon this one person. She was a scapegoat. He planned carefully. He learned her routine. He figured out how to deal with the dog. He's obviously a dangerous and demented person. He might even be the psycho who killed those girls in Indiana. There was mutilation in that crime too. Atlanta was pivotal in the election. I don't think that's a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 429August 4, 2021 1:25 AM

Yeah^—Reddit is a much better forum to discuss this topic. Here—no.

by Anonymousreply 430August 4, 2021 1:26 AM

R430 Oh please. This entire thread is filled with theories. But I'm not allowed to express mine, which I clearly stated as a theory, not fact. You had no objection to the topic until post #429? Because DL only deals with facts and never conjecture? And who appointed you thread monitor?

by Anonymousreply 431August 4, 2021 1:36 AM

Yeah, the hall monitoring in this thread is a little strange.

by Anonymousreply 432August 4, 2021 1:58 AM

Homeless guys often carry knives for self defense, sometimes they make a knife-like object for self defense.

My guess either it was a deranged homeless guy who was threatened by the dog, or it was some psycho who felt insulted by her at the bar,. Maybe he was hitting on her, and got insulted and embarrassed when he was told to fuck off and that she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 433August 4, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote]Maybe he was hitting on her, and got insulted and embarrassed when he was told to fuck off and that she was a lesbian.

Lord.

by Anonymousreply 434August 4, 2021 2:05 AM

What did this insane homeless guy do post murder? Go sleep down an alleyway still covered in blood?

by Anonymousreply 435August 4, 2021 2:09 AM

Come on people. The killer was methodical, not impulsive. Get a grip about a homeless person or druggie snapping -- they'd be too disorganized and off-kilter to pull this off, not to mention sloppy to the point of having left his identity behind. There's a reason the FBI was called.

by Anonymousreply 436August 4, 2021 2:12 AM

Does Elizabeth Ashley live in Atlanta?

by Anonymousreply 437August 4, 2021 2:14 AM

He would have changed clothes. They carry all their belongings with them. Also, if the weather was rainy, he may have been wearing a plastic trash bag over his clothes. Look. I See them out here. I know their habits and all the junk they collect, and the shopping carts the acquire, and they have a lot of plastic. It has been rainy here and it will rain off and on during the night. So they ought to check the weather. Now. If it was someone else they will have changed and discarded the clothing. obviously.

by Anonymousreply 438August 4, 2021 2:18 AM

"The bar" where she worked was a nice restaurant, not a pick-up joint. I'd look at exes of the wife but not the wife herself. It's so populated, I can't believe there wasn't at least one scream.

by Anonymousreply 439August 4, 2021 2:33 AM

They appear to be leaving the park and are not drenched in blood, R407.

by Anonymousreply 440August 4, 2021 2:51 AM

This seems like a crime of opportunity. I don't see it as being planned at all. I think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and came in contact with a deranged person who saw his chance with a woman alone went berserk.

I'm reminded of the murder of Mia Zapata. She was lead singer for the punk rock band The Gits. It was 2:00 in the morning when she left a friend's house on foot, maybe to go home, or maybe to another friend's house. She was inebriated and I think was wearing headphones. But she considered herself a tough punk rocker chick and no doubt had no qualms about being out and about alone late at night. Well, as fate would have it she somehow crossed paths with a maniac. She was beaten, raped and strangled. If she had not died of strangulation she would have died from the blunt force trauma to her abdomen which lacerated her liver. He STOMPED her to death. The murderer, a huge beast named Jesus Mezquia, had a long history of violence against women. He just happened to come upon Zapata and made her his victim. As a policeman on the case later said "He was always looking for a victim. He was a predator." I think the killer of Janness is similar; a monster who saw a woman alone, and took advantage of the opportunity to destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 441August 4, 2021 3:18 AM

I think it was premeditated. Pitbulls can be unpredictable, but the guy was able to subdue and then kill the dog. He must have had the fantasy of killing/mutilating a woman for a long time, and then started looking for a victim. He probably watched her for some time and knew the dog wouldn't be a problem before going through with it.

by Anonymousreply 442August 4, 2021 3:28 AM

The dog was a pit bull for fucks sake. They turn on their owners and the dog did belong to the girlfriend. Get a grip people. No homeless guy could take on a PIT BULL and live. I just don't believe this was random -this was someone who hated the victim and cut her up like Jack or Jill the Ripper. I don't have a clue as to who did it but I certainly wouldn't rule out that weird girlfriend. Also the victim was a SJW and couldn't sing and thankfully the media only played about 10 seconds of that dirge she wrote. Yes, this is a horrible crime and it is sick. But don't rule anyone out. BTW, it is illegal to own a pit bull due to their inbred nature of aggression.

by Anonymousreply 443August 4, 2021 3:34 AM

R443 In the above that should be "in some states it is illegal to own a PIT BULL..." And I rescind my statement about the victims singing. Not fair to judge on that short piece. But I have a problem with SJW's -need to mind their own business and live and let live.

by Anonymousreply 444August 4, 2021 3:38 AM

Maybe the girlfriend is on the autism spectrum? She does have a weird affect for sure. But I don't think she had the time or physical strength to do this.

by Anonymousreply 445August 4, 2021 3:43 AM

The gf is on some kind of tranq for shock.

by Anonymousreply 446August 4, 2021 4:04 AM

[quote]Also the victim was a SJW

[quote]But I have a problem with SJW's -need to mind their own business and live and let live.

Your trollish political opinions have no bearing on the case. They're as irrelevant as you are.

by Anonymousreply 447August 4, 2021 4:50 AM

Premeditated or budding serial killer would not realistically choose a victim with a dog especially a pit bull, unless we're talking about an overachieving but rather stupid killer. Unlikely but not impossible, just put yourself in the killer's mindset, would you pick a victim with a dog, particularly a dog known to be vicious? Premeditated killers who scope out female victims do so with the most vulnerable victims in mind, that's one of the profile traits of these killers.

by Anonymousreply 448August 4, 2021 5:46 AM

I wonder where the dog was found and the distance between dog and victim when they were found. If the dog veered off to the side of the pathway, maybe he encountered the killer there? Dog gets stabbed which then draws the victim to the side in direct confrontation with the killer. Victim realizes too late that the killer had a knife, and she too gets stabbed.

Also, the dog almost had to have been disabled or killed quickly and before the owner, or otherwise there would've been a trail of blood from the killer's dog bites. If the dog was found on the walkway and nearby the victim, then possibly there was a confrontation between dog and killer, can't discount the dog possibly attacking first with the killer then stabbing the dog. The dog quickly succumbing and the victim not having time to run away before she was attacked herself.

by Anonymousreply 449August 4, 2021 6:14 AM

I also think the killer attacked the dog first when he was some distance away from Janness, maybe having been let off the leash or got off his leash on his own, and she came running to save the dog or even just went looking for him and was attacked after the dog was incapacitated.

by Anonymousreply 450August 4, 2021 8:43 AM

I've been in that park during sunset and have driven by at night multiple times. The park is huge and great swaths of it are in almost total darkness. You can even see in one of the surveillance screenshots how dark it is after the stone entrance.

by Anonymousreply 451August 4, 2021 11:22 AM

Was he done predator hiding in a tree? They mentioned a branch.

by Anonymousreply 452August 4, 2021 12:18 PM

The victim might have been random, but the killing wasn't. If the stories are true you don't just randomly kill someone and and then decide to gut them.

by Anonymousreply 453August 4, 2021 2:16 PM

[Quote] I have a problem with SJW's -need to mind their own business and live and let live.

That ain't your only problem, hon.

by Anonymousreply 454August 4, 2021 2:43 PM

I miss the “hon troll”.

by Anonymousreply 455August 4, 2021 2:45 PM

How easy is it to stab a dog as it is attacking you...?

by Anonymousreply 456August 4, 2021 2:45 PM

R456, If you ae getting ready to attack someone, you're knife is already out. You are poised to make your move. You see the dog. You anticipate the danger, he goes for you and you slit his throat. Not saying the dog doesn't bite you, but you are prepared to disable it, and you are now fighting the woman, and slicing her up. He probably observed her for a while before jumping her.

by Anonymousreply 457August 4, 2021 2:50 PM

It's tricky to prepare for an animal attack. It's not like y'all are going to fence.

by Anonymousreply 458August 4, 2021 2:54 PM

This thread would be so much more appealing had it been a hot man slaughtered.

by Anonymousreply 459August 4, 2021 2:58 PM

Any update?

by Anonymousreply 460August 4, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote]I also think the killer attacked the dog first when he was some distance away from Janness, maybe having been let off the leash

I never thought of that.

I agree that this was premeditated and that the intended target was a woman. The world is full of crazies and drug-addled psychos but when they snap and kill someone they just snap and kill someone, they don't stab and mutilate women in public places. This kind of public murder requires effort, attention and maintaining an awareness of your surroundings. What happened to this woman is horrible, I don't want to be morbid but if the reports about her eyes & breasts being removed and vagina mutilated are true then that takes precision, compare that to preparing a nice meal... your everyday whacko couldn't just do that on the fly.

I hope they catch this guy before there are more victims.

by Anonymousreply 461August 4, 2021 7:52 PM

[Quote] compare that to preparing a nice meal...

I'd rather not.

by Anonymousreply 462August 4, 2021 7:53 PM

Exactly, R462.

I know it's not the best analogy but hopefully you know what I mean.

This was personal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463August 4, 2021 8:05 PM

I really want to know the timeframe. It seems such a gamble to not simply kill someone (and their dog) but to carve them up on top of it - all in public.

by Anonymousreply 464August 4, 2021 8:10 PM

I can't imagine stabbing someone R463.

by Anonymousreply 465August 4, 2021 8:10 PM

I can imagine stabbing someone far more than I could imagine shooting someone. I don’t know how to use a gun and I have terrible aim. A machete would be good.

by Anonymousreply 466August 4, 2021 8:15 PM

How... vivid.

by Anonymousreply 467August 4, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote]I can't imagine stabbing someone [R463].

[quote]I can imagine stabbing someone far more than I could imagine shooting someone. I don’t know how to use a gun and I have terrible aim. A machete would be good.

I can't imagine stabbing or shooting anyone. With a gun I'm likely to accidentally shoot myself and stabbing requires getting up close and personal.

by Anonymousreply 468August 4, 2021 8:30 PM

If you are killing a random stranger, it’s not personal no matter what the method is. If you are killing someone you know for a reason specific to them, it’s personal no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 469August 4, 2021 8:37 PM

This is my neighborhood and a park I frequent. That stretch is disturbingly dark and quiet once the sun goes down. Never would I ever go there after dark, if only because it's empty. Those camera shots of her walking her dog is pretty much where bars, restaurants, etc. ends. There is 0% chance she let her dog off the leash, so stop being stupid about that.

by Anonymousreply 470August 4, 2021 10:30 PM

Why did she go into the park, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 471August 4, 2021 10:37 PM

Because she walked her dog there every night after work.

by Anonymousreply 472August 4, 2021 10:42 PM

She chose a stretch that's disturbingly dark and quiet once the sun goes down?

by Anonymousreply 473August 4, 2021 10:46 PM

[Quote]There is 0% chance she let her dog off the leash, so stop being stupid about that.

Why is this stupid? A lot of people in my community go parks after dark (granted not at 1:00 a.m.) to let dogs off leash once people have left. I read a local news report that the dog was 100 ft from her body. Didn't say anything about the leash.

by Anonymousreply 474August 4, 2021 10:47 PM

I think some people are a little defensive in this thread. I blame the thread title.

by Anonymousreply 475August 4, 2021 10:51 PM

The killer was sending a message. Seems to be a pretty barbaric way to slay someone. Sounds like someone watched her walk her dog and decided to strike that night. The police profile will be interesting. Sounds like an educated psychopath to me.

by Anonymousreply 476August 4, 2021 10:58 PM

The killer probably knew her routine of walking her dog around midnight. Seems unlikely the killer just had a chance encounter with her but stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 477August 4, 2021 11:08 PM

To 474, it's stupid because it's not logical. That entrance to the park is literally pitch black at that hour. And knowing what has been shared, the dog being 100 ft. away is nothing, given the horrific reality of the murder. They are doing an autopsy and DNA testing on the dog, as it's been shared via family and friends that there are signs that the dog tried to protect her.

by Anonymousreply 478August 4, 2021 11:08 PM

How do you differentiate the dog protecting itself and protecting Katie R478?

by Anonymousreply 479August 4, 2021 11:17 PM

Well, one helps promote a hero narrative and one doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 480August 4, 2021 11:20 PM

One of the others they have being in the park at the same time is a (white) jogger so she wasn't the only one feeling secure there. Not sure why'll since I got spooked once on a date when the sun went down as we took a long walk back to the car and that was a bit unnerving -- and that was 1981. Much worse now but, again, usually populated.

by Anonymousreply 481August 4, 2021 11:48 PM

Lord, the dog didn't bite her. It isn't the DNA that the dog has under his nails and his mouth. Being obtuse just for the sake of an argument is stupid. Divers also went into the lake there, so clearly this wasn't a thing that happened in a single spot.

by Anonymousreply 482August 5, 2021 12:14 AM

Who suggested the dog bit Katie?

by Anonymousreply 483August 5, 2021 12:16 AM

I walk my dog at night and like to be out when most people are home—especially when it’s a balmy, summer night. I’ve been known to go to a local park after midnight (not in the city) to look for bats and owls. I feel safe but I’m aware and careful too.

by Anonymousreply 484August 5, 2021 1:01 AM

She felt safe. She lived there for years.

by Anonymousreply 485August 5, 2021 1:05 AM

If she felt safe enough to go there at night, she'd probably feel safe enough to let the dog off its leash.

by Anonymousreply 486August 5, 2021 1:11 AM

[Quote] I’ve been known to go to a local park after midnight (not in the city) to look for bats

You sound pretty batty yourself.

by Anonymousreply 487August 5, 2021 1:11 AM

A woman alone in a dark place late at night? What a recipe for disaster.

by Anonymousreply 488August 5, 2021 1:54 AM

IMO it makes not sense not to have some kind of something to protect yourself if you do the late night walks in the park. I'm talking about pepper spray. Or knowing some martial arts moves. Jesus. My granny had an expression for people who do things like not having something to defend yourself; you're a "bird's nest on the ground..."

by Anonymousreply 489August 5, 2021 2:05 AM

Forget pepper spray and get bear spray R489.

by Anonymousreply 490August 5, 2021 2:17 AM

[quote] She felt safe. She lived there for years.

That’s a problem in big cities. As conditions continue to deteriorate and violent crime increases, longtime residents are not properly changing their behavior in response.

by Anonymousreply 491August 5, 2021 3:07 AM

I suspect most people accompanied by a pitt bull would feel safe, regardless of the dog's pedigree for snarlishness or protection.

by Anonymousreply 492August 5, 2021 7:53 AM

[quote]There is 0% chance she let her dog off the leash, so stop being stupid about that.

Enough with the personal attacks. Dogs accidentally get off their leashes all the time. For all we know, she usually avoided those dark areas but the dog slipped off its leash and she ran over there to try to get him.

by Anonymousreply 493August 5, 2021 9:39 AM

[quote]How do you differentiate the dog protecting itself and protecting Katie

This is unnecessarily confrontational and for no real reason other than you want to be contrary. Dogs protect their owners, this isn't about some "promoting a hero narrative propaganda," it's just people describing what dogs do. Whether the dog was protecting itself or its owner, it could very well have DNA that could solve the case, and I don't know what your goal is here by trying to distract from that and argue about whether the dog tried to protect her or not.

by Anonymousreply 494August 5, 2021 9:42 AM

It's absolutely not a given that dogs protect their owners.

by Anonymousreply 495August 5, 2021 11:56 AM

OP had a sense of humor, but no one lese has. A lot of bigotry and way too much tv watching. She had a routine. She overcame the often over-the-top fear of crime in Atlanta because she lived nearby.

You can never entirely rule out a significant other, esp. in the beginning. Because she had a routine and they may have seen her with the partner, the killer may have known who she was even though they've never been properly introduced. Dogs don't always protect their owners even though they're pack animals---some will want to play catch with a stranger. Homeless people live in parks and have their own routines, so do non-homeless people who live outside the park. Psychopaths are often good planners when it comes to crime---they may be short-term oriented in other parts of their lives. Even people who are "deranged" can be good planners. Just because there has been an uptick in violent crime doesn't mean there is a serial killer---other recent murders of lesbians or other gay/queer people? anyone with a dog? Piedmont Park? A crime 10 years ago is probably irrelevant. If ATL is like most places the uptick in violence is probably in areas with concentrated poverty and gang activity--like the neighborhood around that ugly "tastefully friends" house from earlier this week. Cameras are not a panacea, even when someone makes sure they're turned on.

by Anonymousreply 496August 5, 2021 12:11 PM

R495, if owner and dog have a good relationship then yes, they do protect their owners, and they will also seek their owners if they feel threatened. It would not surprise me if they find DNA from the killer on the dog . The dog may have sensed danger and gone after the killer for it's own sake. I can't even tell you how many times I've been out walking or jogging and some neighborhood dog will bark as I pass just to let me know, "Hey, dude, don't mess with me." It's about territoriality. It's about getting into a space that feels threatening to an animal. My guess is the killer was either going to rob or attack the owner, and the dog stated baking maybe even lunging at the killer , so the killer had to deal with the pit bull. The woman probably tried to stop him from killing the dog, they struggled and he went after her. This was so brutal I'm convinced it was some crazy homeless person.

by Anonymousreply 497August 5, 2021 12:12 PM

[Quote] OP had a sense of humor, but no one lez has.

Too soon.

by Anonymousreply 498August 5, 2021 12:14 PM

[Quote] if owner and dog have a good relationship then yes, they do protect their owners

It's not a given. Dogs can flee in fear, just like humans.

by Anonymousreply 499August 5, 2021 12:14 PM

The point r495 is that people like you are trying to derail the thread with your weird obsession over your assumption that the dog didn't protect its owner.

Like I said, no one knows if it did or didn't. Either way, there may be DNA evidence on the dog.

by Anonymousreply 500August 5, 2021 12:16 PM

Dogs like routine. Clearly the attacker disrupted the routine. I agree with R500.

by Anonymousreply 501August 5, 2021 12:19 PM

Your an idiot R494. That quote 'promoting a hero narrative propaganda' is not from me. You are very naive if you think all dogs protect their owners. There are many dogs that are timid and would cower. You seem to be mixing up a lot of things. I never said there might not be DNA on the dog. You are the one being " unnecessarily confrontational" with your idiotic attack against me." "Dogs protect owners" is one of the naive statements anyone could make about a dog and shows your lack of knowledge concerning dogs. Take your high horse and shove it up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 502August 5, 2021 12:42 PM

This thread needs a Time Out. This murder hits home, even if a lot of DL is male.

by Anonymousreply 503August 5, 2021 12:55 PM

Of course it does R503. I had a friend that was murdered and her killer was never found.

by Anonymousreply 504August 5, 2021 1:00 PM

That's true but there's something else going on here r503. The hostile poster telling everyone "you lack reading comprehension" and "how about you try some critical thinking" and "shove it up your ass" is an old and particularly nasty troll. We had threads last year where a longtime regular was terminally ill and out of nowhere this lady starts telling this dying man "You need to get your act together... you don't have my sympathy at this point" and that he just "sounded selfish." Why? Because the pet transport he scheduled got cancelled when COVID struck. Not his fault but she just went off on him, it was grotesque.

When she got called out for being so nasty, she rebranded as some nice old lady and completely took over the sick poster's thread with inane personal stories about herself and her dog. Any time anyone said "hey, aren't you the lady who screamed at the sick guy?" she'd freak out and start saying the same "shove it up your ass" insults she's using here.

Absolutely not worth tangling with her, in my opinion. Just know that she's posted dozens of times and is deliberately being nasty and confrontational, as others already said.

by Anonymousreply 505August 5, 2021 1:16 PM

[Quote] The hostile poster telling everyone "you lack reading comprehension" and "how about you try some critical thinking" and "shove it up your ass" is an old and particularly nasty troll.

I think it's to do with the thread title and the general... shall we say, dominance of gay males on this forum. Lesbians (all women really) are frequently told that they're not welcome.

by Anonymousreply 506August 5, 2021 1:19 PM

[Quote] Absolutely not worth tangling with her, in my opinion. Just know that she's posted dozens of times and is deliberately being nasty and confrontational, as others already said.

Eek. Ok, scratch r506

by Anonymousreply 507August 5, 2021 1:20 PM

[quote]Your an idiot R494. That quote 'promoting a hero narrative propaganda' is not from me.

[quote]You are the one being " unnecessarily confrontational" with your idiotic attack against me."

[quote]Take your high horse and shove it up your ass.

Yikes. That part you quoted wasn't an actual quote from anyone, didn't you realize that? It was a combination of what several people said and I thought that was obvious.

I didn't attack you personally and I didn't misquote you and I never, ever said all dogs always protect their owners. In fact, I have said multiple times that we don't know if the dog protected Janness or not.

I'll take r505's word for it that you're just spoiling for a fight and stop engaging with you. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 508August 5, 2021 1:28 PM

"Your an idiot," R502?

I just love it when people write that.

by Anonymousreply 509August 5, 2021 1:35 PM

Second interview with Katie's girlfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 5, 2021 1:36 PM

If you read what you wrote R508 it does come off as a personal attack against me. That quote was used by people upthread. All I have said is we don't know if the dog was protecting itself or her. And no one knows. There are dogs that are protective and there are dogs that are not. To say all dogs protect their owner is just false. The speculation on here is ramped.

by Anonymousreply 511August 5, 2021 1:38 PM

And people accusing the girlfriend of murder her.

by Anonymousreply 512August 5, 2021 1:39 PM

Nine cameras withing the park don't work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513August 5, 2021 1:40 PM

*within

by Anonymousreply 514August 5, 2021 1:40 PM

Holy cow, NINE? That's just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 515August 5, 2021 1:41 PM

R505 Your opinion of what I have said mischaracterized my post. Regarding the gentleman with cancer, he kept putting off having his cats taken to his sisters. I simple said with Covid they might restrict traveling and you didn't have the time to put off getting the cats to your sisters. That is not attacking him in anyway.

by Anonymousreply 516August 5, 2021 1:48 PM

Is he still with us?

by Anonymousreply 517August 5, 2021 1:49 PM

He passed away R517.

by Anonymousreply 518August 5, 2021 2:10 PM

His name was Brian R517

by Anonymousreply 519August 5, 2021 2:23 PM

I think it's a bit much to finger wag at someone dying of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 520August 5, 2021 2:23 PM

It wasn't finger wagging R520. People were begging him to get his cats to his sisters. People volunteered to take the cats to his sisters for him. People were worried that at some point he would not be able to get the cats to his sisters.

by Anonymousreply 521August 5, 2021 2:35 PM

It was finger wagging. It was too much.

[quote]I've been following this conversation and so much of it upsets me. Obviously you have chosen your path OP, but you seem to be in denial to your fate. You have said you have two cats, yet you have really not thought of their existence after you are gone. You need to get your act together. I know I will be bashed over this comment, but you don't have my sympathy at this point. Everything that has been pointed out to you you just seemed to have not thought it out. Life is not just about you OP, it is about your animals and your family. At this point your just sound selfish.

I never should have brought this up because now you're in hog heaven because this thread is all about you, just like you want it to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522August 5, 2021 2:42 PM

[Quote] People were begging him to get his cats to his sisters. People volunteered to take the cats to his sisters for him. People were worried that at some point he would not be able to get the cats to his sisters.

Oh, right. It was probably an EST thread.

by Anonymousreply 523August 5, 2021 2:44 PM

Now that I see the link I realize what this is all about.

He was a real person, r523. Someone in the Elvis Costello thread just mentioned that they'd bought some of his art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 5, 2021 2:51 PM

No it wasn't R523. Brian was dying of cancer. He had tongue cancer and had part of his tongue removed. The cats came up at the end when he knew he was dying.

by Anonymousreply 525August 5, 2021 2:52 PM

I saw this thread was filling up and thought maybe the killer has been apprehended or the police gave a press conference. Well, of course not. Oh, the bitchery!

by Anonymousreply 526August 5, 2021 3:00 PM

[Quote] I saw this thread was filling up and thought maybe the killer has been apprehended or the police gave a press conference. Well, of course not. Oh, the bitchery!

You didn't think to check Google before DL? Bless your heart!

by Anonymousreply 527August 5, 2021 3:05 PM

The saddest thing is that someone would choose the Data Lounge when they knew they were dying.

by Anonymousreply 528August 5, 2021 3:06 PM

The only recent news is the 911 call was released and I'm not about to listen to that, it just seems too personal.

They did release little video clips to go along with the screen captures of people who were nearby, it looks like some of those people were pretty close to the scene, but if it was dark and there was no noise then I can see why they didn't notice something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529August 5, 2021 3:09 PM

The male runner was wearing a torch on his head.

by Anonymousreply 530August 5, 2021 3:10 PM

The black woman looks like a little person, no?

by Anonymousreply 531August 5, 2021 3:11 PM

He didn't post much R528. It actually started with the diagnosis and followed through to his death. I don't think Brian or any of us thought he was going to die. Wherever someone can find comfort or a place to talk has got to be a relief for them. Some of the bitching can be a little too much, especially when someone is letting their feelings out. The thread "New False Teeth" comes to mind. Someone is trying to adjust to their dentures and people were putting down the OP. Actually, maybe this is not the place to open up.

by Anonymousreply 532August 5, 2021 3:13 PM

Interesting. I wonder what the comment about schoolwork means? Did they find something? This gives us some fresh information in general. Seems like they believe the attacker may have been wounded? I miss the days when we solved the Butch Sous Chef murder.

by Anonymousreply 533August 5, 2021 3:15 PM

I noticed that in the still photos too r531, I assume it's the camera angle but who knows.

Does anyone know the actual area where she was found? Was it the group of trees you can see in this photo in the background but basically underneath the U-turn sign?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 5, 2021 3:15 PM

[Quote] Wherever someone can find comfort or a place to talk has got to be a relief for them

No doubt. But the Data Lounge will switch up on you like lightning, such as the Cat Lady mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 535August 5, 2021 3:16 PM

[Quote] I assume it's the camera angle but who knows.

The person with her didn't look like a little person, though.

by Anonymousreply 536August 5, 2021 3:16 PM

Am I the only person that didn't like how the Fox News report referred to Katie as "a vocal Social Justice advocate"? Maybe I'm touchy because it's Fox...

by Anonymousreply 537August 5, 2021 3:17 PM

Oh good catch, I didn't scroll down far enough in the link and I missed all this.

Does this mean they do have footage from the cameras? I can't figure out what he's trying to say.

[quote]They're adding details on the type of person the public may want to look out for.

[quote]“If you saw anyone with any unexplained injuries, an intense attraction to this case in the media. A change in appearance. A change in hair color. A change in any type of facial hair. An absence of school work, come forward give us a call,” said Deputy Chief Hampton. “There is nothing too insignificant,” he added.

[quote]APD said Monday that the cameras were working the night of the murder, but clarified Tuesday that the 9 cameras in Piedmont Park are not integrated into the city’s current video integration center that it tracks in real time.

by Anonymousreply 538August 5, 2021 3:17 PM

[Quote] I miss the days when we solved the Butch Sous Chef murder.

And that was all thank to the CCTV images we saw.

by Anonymousreply 539August 5, 2021 3:19 PM

[Quote] an intense attraction to this case in the media.

--Dataloungers look around nervously--

by Anonymousreply 540August 5, 2021 3:20 PM

An absence of school work, as in "The dog ate my homework"?

by Anonymousreply 541August 5, 2021 3:21 PM

[Quote] Seems like they believe the attacker may have been wounded?

I hope very much that they were and that it proves to be how they are apprehended.

by Anonymousreply 542August 5, 2021 3:22 PM

I lived 2 blocks from where this murder happened, for nearly 25 years, until last Spring. The whole neighborhood is very shady (literally), with lots of foliage hanging down all over the sidewalks, obscuring the view at night, and the streets are completely lined with parked cars, which screens the sidewalks from the view of passing cars. At night, especially at times when the economy was bad, the sidewalks seemed extremely dicey to me (a man), and I spotted criminals lying in wait for people more than once. At the end of 9th St., close to the gay bar, Blake's (about 2 long blocks from where the killing occurred), people were commonly robbed at gunpoint in the night. A man was shot there at night, sometime in the past 2 or 3 years (one block from where I lived). I imagine that this lady figured she was safer just inside the Park gate there, than she would have been walking along those dark sidewalks. There is a HUGE open field just to the right of that gate, probably a half-mile long, open grass. I think I might have felt the same way, that I would be safer close to that open space than concealed underneath the trees and screened by the parked cars on the streets. And who expects to be attacked when you're walking a pit-bull?

by Anonymousreply 543August 5, 2021 3:27 PM

Your account make it seem even more strange that it was her habit to walk the dog at that time and place.

by Anonymousreply 544August 5, 2021 3:30 PM

Let me ask this...and it may (o may not ) prove to be related to the case... A few years ago, I recall reading articles about people who ate bath salts or something and they lost their minds and went insane. I remember reading about someone who actually tried to eat someone's face. I mean, they turned into animals. it was pretty scary. Can anyone shed any light? From the reports and rumors out here who ever did this clearly went berserk. I have to believe they were either drugged out of their minds or insane...or both.

by Anonymousreply 545August 5, 2021 3:31 PM

Right, the Miami cannibal attack, that was back in 2012. Toxicology didn't show bath salts in his system. Same with the college student also in Florida a few years later, who killed a couple and was found eating the guy's face when cops showed up.

We don't know enough about the wounds on the victim here to know if the attacker really did go berserk or not, I'm assuming so but we may find out later that it was random slashing instead of planned mutilation. I do definitely think mental illness has to have played a part.

by Anonymousreply 546August 5, 2021 3:36 PM

The story I remember is about the couple who were sitting in their garage with the garage door open and a young man on bath salts came along. He killed them. I believe he was apprehended very quickly, though. We're a week after Katie's murder, in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 547August 5, 2021 3:37 PM

Why does the partner keep giving interviews and talking about grisly details? Her affect is so flat, she needs time away from the public spotlight.

No one should be walking a dog in a dark city park at 1 am. Habit or not, it was a tragedy waiting to happen. She walked the dog after work but had NOT worked that night, no reason to be out at that hour at all.

The dog was a female and may have been timid. In any event was not sufficient protection.

by Anonymousreply 548August 5, 2021 3:37 PM

[Quote] Toxicology didn't show bath salts in his system. Same with the college student also in Florida a few years later, who killed a couple and was found eating the guy's face when cops showed up.

Thanks for the confirmation. The media is so toxic.

by Anonymousreply 549August 5, 2021 3:37 PM

What about the social media posts the victim had made re: a man harassing her and the dog? Anyone know more or have a link?

by Anonymousreply 550August 5, 2021 3:38 PM

[Quote] Why does the partner keep giving interviews and talking about grisly details?

To keep the story in the headlines? The more people who attend to the story, the greater chance of finding the killer.

by Anonymousreply 551August 5, 2021 3:38 PM

[Quote] What about the social media posts the victim had made re: a man harassing her and the dog? Anyone know more or have a link?

Yes, I'd like to know too. There's been very little follow up, filling in the details on early reports.

by Anonymousreply 552August 5, 2021 3:39 PM

Bartenders usually finish later than midnight though, right?

by Anonymousreply 553August 5, 2021 3:40 PM

The photos the police put out of potential witnesses show a lot of people in and around the park at that time, so obviously she wasn't the only one who went there. I'd say a lot of people thought the area was safe enough at that time of night.

by Anonymousreply 554August 5, 2021 3:40 PM

[Quote] She walked the dog after work but had NOT worked that night, no reason to be out at that hour at all.

She called in to see her partner. I don't know if it was spur of the moment or at the partner's request.

by Anonymousreply 555August 5, 2021 3:41 PM

[Quote] The photos the police put out of potential witnesses show a lot of people in and around the park at that time, so obviously she wasn't the only one who went there. I'd say a lot of people thought the area was safe enough at that time of night.

And that's what makes the murder so odd. It wasn't a quick slash-and-run.

by Anonymousreply 556August 5, 2021 3:43 PM

Yeah, Emma expected Katie to be home when she got off work from the bar but Katie wasn't there, so she started calling and texting immediately.

It's possible she hadn't planned on taking the dog out that late at night but the dog needed to go.

by Anonymousreply 557August 5, 2021 3:43 PM

Considering the fact that she walked from that "Pride" intersection (right near Blake's, the bar) all the way down to the 10th Street gate, I am guessing that she lived to the west of the intersection, where there are a LOT of high-rise apartment buildings. I am betting that she habitually walked the dog down there so it could "do its business" on the grass and the mulch under the oak trees there, without her having to worry about picking the poop up off of the sidewalk. I ran in that park, regularly, since 1995, and I can assure you that many, many people like to leave their dogshit on the ground in that park, rather than picking it up. - R543

by Anonymousreply 558August 5, 2021 3:45 PM

R553, she was a bartender in a restaurant, so finished earlier than a bar or club might.

by Anonymousreply 559August 5, 2021 3:45 PM

Thanks for the confirmation, r559. Was it the same restaurant as Emma's?

by Anonymousreply 560August 5, 2021 3:46 PM

[Quote] I can assure you that many, many people like to leave their dogshit on the ground in that park, rather than picking it up.

Now you've given me a mental image of a Bevely Sutphin Dogshit Revenge murderer.

by Anonymousreply 561August 5, 2021 3:48 PM

R555, no need to be walking the dog in the park at 1 am., She had not just gotten off work and could have walked the dog at an earlier and safer hour. The dog "needs to go" you let it pee on the curb, you do not go in a pitch black park in a city known for crime at 1 am. Esp when you posted on social media about someone harassing you and said dog in public.

Social media posts mean nothing re: safety, it is not a gun.

The city should lock the gates at dark.

by Anonymousreply 562August 5, 2021 3:48 PM

She could have been lured into the park, or the dog broke free.

by Anonymousreply 563August 5, 2021 3:50 PM

Which social media please? I would like to see her posts.

by Anonymousreply 564August 5, 2021 3:52 PM

I'm puzzled as to why the park was even open. Usually there is an ordinance in most cities closing all parks between say, 10 PM and 6 AM. Piedmont is vast. It is not nearly as large as Central Park, but it is a very big park. But there are gates etc. at Piedmont.

by Anonymousreply 565August 5, 2021 3:57 PM

I don't think there are gates on those side entrances next to the main gate.

Just realized the lady who shows up to get on her bike and ride off didn't even lock her bike! Obviously people feel pretty safe there, for whatever reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566August 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Actually, in spite of what you read, Atlanta has it's share of crime like most cities, but it is still safer than most. We have some very Conservative pos activists trying to break Atlanta up and separate, to fragment Atlanta's political clout. Having said that, we do have youth gangs to worry about, we do have too many guns on our streets, and we do have predators who mug or rob people, and ca jacking. So crimes of opportunity.

But some people are stupid. Cars get broken into, OK? So you don't leave packages, or personal information, or computers in your car. You just do not. How can you complain about your car being broken into when you leave your computer on the passenger seat in plain view? It happened to my neighbor. Lots of street parking in ATL because parking is at a premium. But just the other day, Someone posted on Next Door, that they were out walking their dog at 11 PM one night in their own neighborhood, and they were with their wife, and they got robbed. No shit. Come to find out it was a kid from their neighborhood who was on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 567August 5, 2021 4:16 PM

R563, she habitually walked the dog in the dark city park at 1 am.

by Anonymousreply 568August 5, 2021 4:21 PM

R564, it was mentioned that she had made such a post, no socials were linked here. If you find them, pls share with the class.

by Anonymousreply 569August 5, 2021 4:23 PM

If cameras showing people pretty close by is true, then that gives police clues to where the killer could've escaped, away from the few people around. Also, it wouldn't be hard to do in the dark.

People, please carry those personal alarms with you when you walk outside alone late at night, those alarm sounds are loud enough to be heard blocks away. We should also pressure our cities to invest in installing cameras in public spaces, especially parks and make sure they work. Other countries do this.

by Anonymousreply 570August 5, 2021 4:26 PM

The "Gates" on Piedmont Park are stone structures surrounding the paved roads that go into the park. You used to be able to drive cars on them, but not since sometime in the mid to late1960s, when autos were banned. Yes, there are closable barriers at those Gates, but the park itself is quite big and anybody can walk in anytime they want to, at any point on the periphery. Homeless people sleep there during warm weather, guys go there for sex at night, etc. I've been running there in the dark, you feel pretty safe if you're moving fast, but No, I would not have ever walked through that place after about 9 p.m. I'm sure the park does have an official closing time, but LOTS of people are exercising there until about 10 p.m., and on the rare occasions when I would go running there before dawn, I was surprised at how many people were already walking or running there. -R558

by Anonymousreply 571August 5, 2021 4:40 PM

R522 You delete your cookies and cache so no one knows what your past post were. And then the two post you have made have come after me. You took my comments out of context. What is your motive? If you care to look it up Brian ask me to contact him. We exchanged a few emails with one another about our animals. You have made this about you. So go ahead a delete your cookies and cache again. I'm sure you will rag on someone else.

by Anonymousreply 572August 5, 2021 6:47 PM

[quote] You delete your cookies and cache so no one knows what your past post were

I’m not r522, but I wanted to point out that your posting history is tied to your login ID, so deleting cookies or cache on a particular browser or device doesn’t matter when you log back in.

by Anonymousreply 573August 5, 2021 7:13 PM

What if you have multiple logins?

by Anonymousreply 574August 5, 2021 7:13 PM

Multiple logins is not the same thing as “deleting cookies and cache”.

by Anonymousreply 575August 5, 2021 7:15 PM

I don't think that is true R573. I blocked a person and they must have deleted their cookies and cache because when I looked there were no post coming from them on my ignore. I don't they just posted once and done. Now I will have to check. I don't usually block people because I know you can argue with someone on one thread and then be in complete agreement on another thread.

by Anonymousreply 576August 5, 2021 7:18 PM

[Quote] I blocked a person and they must have deleted their cookies and cache because when I looked there were no post coming from them on my ignore. I don't they just posted once and done

Ignore is iffy, in my experience. I think it's influenced by what threads you and the ignored have in common.

by Anonymousreply 577August 5, 2021 7:20 PM

Stay out of dark isolated areas and try to mix up routines so they are not easily predictable by others. Not only did she walk the dog at 1 am after work, she walked it at 1 am even when she had not worked. It really is risky behavior and eventually it had a tragic end. People need to be more cautious.

by Anonymousreply 578August 5, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] I blocked a person and they must have deleted their cookies and cache because when I looked there were no post coming from them on my ignore.

It’s been pointed before that the Ignored list does not show every post a person has written and that sometimes it will show nothing under an ignored person. That’s not unusual for me to see no replies under a person and then at some point later they reappear.

by Anonymousreply 579August 5, 2021 7:35 PM

I thought she was found at 1AM.

by Anonymousreply 580August 5, 2021 7:35 PM

The park closed at 11pm. Someone said you can still get into the park though. Does anyone know if that is common for people to enter the park after it has closed?

by Anonymousreply 581August 5, 2021 7:38 PM

Wow, 93 comments since last night, I have some catching up to do... I'm going to scroll back up to where I left off, I really hope it isn't [italic]all[/italic] pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 582August 5, 2021 7:42 PM

It was R582.

by Anonymousreply 583August 5, 2021 7:43 PM

the DA says they don't believe this is a serial killer but asking people to travel in groups at night. That doesn't sound like they think this was a targeted attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584August 5, 2021 8:03 PM

Not terribly far from that intersection (towards peachtree) is a very shady neighborhood .Everyone that lives around Piedmont knows it. That makes it doubly stupid she was walking her dog in there so late . Apparently many times. it was inevitable something would happen. May she rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 585August 5, 2021 8:03 PM

How long had she lived in the area?

by Anonymousreply 586August 5, 2021 8:09 PM

R45 Trivial harebrained bitches.

by Anonymousreply 587August 5, 2021 8:41 PM

R581, read a few responses up. Your question will be answered.

The judge-y stuff about this women. She's dead. What she "should" have done is irrelevant at this point. There are many scenarios where the most "sensible" person imaginable could still wind up dead.

R584: Suggesting that people walk in groups is standard crime prevention stuff. Not indicative of anything.

by Anonymousreply 588August 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Maybe someone else will think twice about safety choices, R588. A woman in particular, walking in a city park at 1 am, daily and predictably, in a big city - NOTHING safe about that, sensible, or required to let the dog pee. She was a big risk taker, esp if she was spooked about some guy harassing her and the dog. Insta is not a safety device.

If not for the guy who stabbed them to death, she inevitably would have come to harm at the hands of other predators who easily could clock her patterns.

by Anonymousreply 589August 5, 2021 9:10 PM

Unlike most big-city parks, Piedmont Park is not fenced or gated all around. The "gates" were built to make it possible to block access by automobiles, that's all. You can walk in at any point. The "closing" time is merely precatory, in reality, and not easily enforced. During warm weather, many people, essentially, live in that park. Now that I think about it, I recall that 2 people were viciously attacked in the park, way in back of where this lady was killed, sometime within the past 2 years or so. It happened around 3 a.m. I don't think anyone was every arrested for it. -R571

by Anonymousreply 590August 5, 2021 9:11 PM

That is unfortunate, R590, maybe the same killer struck again.

by Anonymousreply 591August 5, 2021 9:12 PM

It sounds like some Jack the Ripper wannabee. Any rich doctors have parkside homes?

by Anonymousreply 592August 5, 2021 9:16 PM

She was killed in the vicinity of the "Charles Allen Gate Restroom" on this aerial-view map. The "restroom" is one of those metal kiosks. There are a lot of oak trees there, the huge field to the right of that "gate" is where many people play with their dogs. It is not barren, like it looks here, but lush and green and very well taken care of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593August 5, 2021 9:19 PM

I always grew up hearing the rumor that the park is the old Piedmont Driving Club's golf course and rather than desegregate it, they just gave it to the city. I've since learned that's false. I wonder what those rich bitches are thinking? I wonder if it was a couple of them?

by Anonymousreply 594August 5, 2021 9:25 PM

It WAS the Driving Club's property in some way, until the '80s. The Driving Club's swimming pool is just across the street (closed to traffic) that runs along the outer edge of the "Active Oval" on the map linked above. I know the DC used it, because I remember being a teen in the 70's and going to the park to buy drugs, and the hill area along 10th Street (near the gate where this lady was murdered) was littered with golf balls then. It was being used, somehow, as a driving range. The park was pretty scruffy then. Piedmont Park was not really restored to any kind of decent condition until around 1995, just before the Atlanta Olympics in '96, when millions and millions was spent to make it beautiful and clean again.

by Anonymousreply 595August 5, 2021 9:32 PM

I still love Atlanta. This is making me very sad. It's such a fun city.

by Anonymousreply 596August 5, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote]The story I remember is about the couple who were sitting in their garage with the garage door open and a young man on bath salts came along. He killed them. I believe he was apprehended very quickly, though.

They initially thought it was bath salts but then...

[quote]A 38-page report by forensic psychologist Dr. Phillip Resnick says Austin Harrouff believed he was “half-dog, half-man” the day he brutally beat Stevens and Mishcon to death and was found biting one of their faces in Martin County. He wrote Harrouff suffered from “severe mental disease,” in particular bipolar disorder and acute manic episodes with psychotic features and “clinical lycanthropy delusions,” also known as werewolf syndrome.

There is still no trial date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597August 5, 2021 9:49 PM

I've read all the comments R588. Just seeing one or two people doesn't necessarily make it common.

by Anonymousreply 598August 5, 2021 10:01 PM

Saying there is no evidence of a serial killer doesn’t mean they don’t suspect this is the work of a serial killer. Listen very carefully to what and how they say things.

by Anonymousreply 599August 5, 2021 10:13 PM

I think it was smart to call in the FBI right away because I think they're getting the profilers and they are also getting the best resources the feds have available. Mayor Bottoms is in good standing with the Biden people.

by Anonymousreply 600August 5, 2021 10:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!