Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is there a luxury brand that ISN'T for vulgar new money, pimps, and rappers?

Inspired by the Louis Vuitton thread. Are there any that are still considered "acceptable" to high class society?

by Anonymousreply 235August 16, 2021 3:01 AM

They all sell clothing and accessories that are considered acceptable.

A Hermes bag. A Chanel Suit. Gucci shoes etc.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 12:34 AM

Burberry?

Coach?

Prada ?

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 12:35 AM

r2 my first thought: "It's necessary we stays in Burberry" ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 12:37 AM

Alexander McQueen

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 12:40 AM

r2 I've seen Coach mainly sold at outlet stores, although it IS one of the few brands that hasn't been "tainted", but the bags are no longer quality from what I understand, just mass-produced leather items.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 12:40 AM

Coach has always been shit, and it’s not a luxury brand.

I would focus on well tailored items made out of high quality materials and avoid everything with huge visible logos.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 12:46 AM

r6 but what are those?

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 12:47 AM

You will never find Hermes at an outlet store. They destroy their excess merchandise rather than let it go down market.

John Lobb shoes. They are hand made, to order, for the most part.

Cire Trudon candles. New money ain't shilling out $115 for a fancy candle.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 12:47 AM

High end education. It all flows from there.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 12:48 AM

Translation: I, the OP, do not want to wear clothes that black celebrities have tainted with their blackness.

I want racist approved designs.

Perhaps you should consider finding some old Ivanka Trump swag, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote] You will never find Hermes at an outlet store. They destroy their excess merchandise rather than let it go down market.

I refuse to knowingly support businesses that do that.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 12:51 AM

Van Cleef & Arpels?

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 12:52 AM

Oh, fuck off r10. There's a difference between a wealthy rapper lavishly covering themselves in Burberry everything, draping themselves in gun and luxury goods with visible logos, and then preening as a pimp on a music video from an everyday person of color wearing the items, which I couldn't care less about.

But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 12:55 AM

R7, materials? Silk, cashmere, linen, merino wool, etc. When you look at garments, check for good quality lining, straight and even stitching, finished hems, good quality buttons, and so on. The brand doesn’t matter as much when it’s not on display.

There’s nothing wrong with certain classic designer items, but the most important thing should always be quality, not the name.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 12:57 AM

r14 I mean what brands/items are those that have good, quality-made items still. A lot of LV is mass-produced now and isn't comparable, quality-wise, to what they sold 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 12:58 AM

Not any longer. It's a world where THE most vulgar and most notorious clients are the best advertisements.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 12:59 AM

If cost is no object, ones choices for top of the range quality products are limitless; the superb bespoke John Lobb shoes R8 mentioned start at US$6,500 the pair.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 1:03 AM

Why would anyone discuss such a thing on social media?

If you really need to know a good brand, search for wait lists. If your sheets require a four month wait, it's because they rock. Same with furniture and luggage.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 1:07 AM

These are some brands that UES people wear every day, that haven’t been ghetto-ized: Belgian Shoes, Anne Fontaine, Wolford, St. John, Villebrequin, RobertaRollerrabbit, Tory Burch, Stubbs and Wootton.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 1:09 AM

[quote]I mean what brands/items are those that have good, quality-made items still.

All of the Italian and French luxury brands still make fine high quality items.

A few weeks ago I was gifted an Armani polo shirt.

It's simple, plain, all black and nice enough.

But it was made in Cambodia and it's from Armani's lower priced line "Emporio Armani".

But that has nothing to do with his $4,000 Made-in-Italy suits.

Mercedes makes the S-Class Sedan, but it also makes the GLA.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 1:09 AM

R15, and that’s why I’m saying not to worry about a particular fashion brand. You can walk into TJ Maxx and find a well made item there. It depends on what you’re buying.

Most of my coats are from Burberry and I’ve had them forever. Tom Ford is great, Hugo Boss, and Lanvin for suits.

But regardless, the way I shop now is by feeling the fabric and reading the labels. I don’t care about the brand as much anymore. And I can do that at any store.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 1:10 AM

R15, T. Anthony for luggage. It’s incredibly durable and a subtle signifier. You’ll have it for life and those who know, recognize it.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 1:11 AM

R21, I’m sorry, but TJ Maxx has hardly any well-made goods. In the “Fashionista” section, you can find some cashmere, silk or cotton. The vast majority of the clothing and shoes is plastic, rayon, polyester.

Sometimes there are nice handbags from unknown labels. I’m a fabric snob (also don’t care about labels), and have much better luck in the thrift shops (though they are dwindling, and the really good stuff is petering out).

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 1:15 AM

La Mer.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 1:26 AM

Grey Poupon

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 1:27 AM

Aquascutum, Goyard

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 1:44 AM

Yes, there are many, but I am not going to name them unless they pay me a promotion fee. A Duchess has gotta eat, you know.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 1:45 AM

I desperately want people to think that I am high-born and thus will opine on which brands "high society" types still "approve" of, as if it were 1963 again.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 1:47 AM

Bottega Veneta... when your own initials are enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 1:53 AM

Out of high end known designers, I would say Prada. The color pallets at Prada to err on the side basic solids for men, the cut tends to be slim, and Prada clothing tends to be more subtle - less label whoring (yes, there are some labeled items). It's like a high end Theory. The models tend to be slim white boys.

I would also say Alexander McQueen for both men and women. Kate Middleton wears him a lot for ultra formal.

Bottega Veneta is another one.

The Olson twins line, The Row, is very expensive high end designer basics for upper class white women.

The luxury houses are catering a lot to foreign money - the middle eastern and Asian markets. The styles are not wearable in the US without looking like a clown or Edina Monsoon.

This is off topic, but shockingly, Versace is becoming more subtle and wearable for men than ever before. It used to be the tackiest shit ever, but I just watched their show and it was one of the most wearable collections for men. All the designers are into gender bending right now on the runway and it's not hot. Gucci has become hideous.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 1:54 AM

Jinx - R29. Bottega - totally.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 1:55 AM

r28 there's actually a lot of refined gays with taste who frequent this site. You don't seem to be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 2:13 AM

r30 I see a lot of high-dollar Instawhore rentboy types wearing Versace, pajamas and shirts and trousers and things. The kind with the super gaudy pattern so you know it's Versace.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] I desperately want people to think that I am high-born and thus will opine on which brands "high society" types still "approve" of, as if it were 1963 again.

Datalounge is obsessed with social class.

[quote] R28] there's actually a lot of refined gays with taste who frequent this site. You don't seem to be one of them.

There’s actually not. Did you miss the thread where they posted pictures of their homes? Have you read their fashion advice? Dataloungers have terrible taste.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2021 2:47 AM

I know, R33. I think I was going off on a tangent of wearability. While a lot of it is tacky, Versace gives us hot, semi-mas models. I watched a lot of the 2020/2021 shows and Versace was one of the few that stayed with more masculine clothing. You are right though, refined luxury or non label whore it is not.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2021 2:50 AM

Here's a good example. Turnbull and Asser. Custom or bespoke clothing. The wealthy wear handmade clothing and keep it for a long time. The same for handmade shoes (often Italian). Good reason for maintaining your weight as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2021 2:55 AM

I'm so glad you asked, OP.

It's been an entire [italic]week[/italic] since we had a thread on old money vs. nouveau riche, and it was way past time for another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2021 3:06 AM

Fauré Le Page is still prestigious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2021 3:13 AM

Facconable

Turnbull and Asser is getting a bit stodgy for your rich, everyday American who wears nice clothes.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2021 3:38 AM

Coach is NOT a luxury brand. It's what's known as a transition brand.

Patek Phlippe is rarely worn by new money.

Bespoke men's suits from Savile Row (but not the Macy's brand "Savile Row").

Several bespoke shoe makers - John Lobb, Hiro Yanagimachi

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2021 4:03 AM

Dads-n-Lads

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2021 4:25 AM

r34, first you post this:

[quote] Datalounge is obsessed with social class.

Then you post this in regard to someone saying that there are "refined gays" on this site:

[quote]There’s actually not. Did you miss the thread where they posted pictures of their homes? Have you read their fashion advice? Dataloungers have terrible taste.

Clearly you're obsessed with class yourself.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2021 4:28 AM

[quote] I would focus on well tailored items made out of high quality materials and avoid everything with huge visible logos.

Congratulations R6 you got all the Big 3 meaningless datalounge fashion buzzphrases into one sentence. A lifetime of fashion delusion is yours.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote] Patek Phlippe is rarely worn by new money.

Most generational wealth is lost by the 2nd generation. There’s probably not enough “old money” to keep Patek Phillipe or any of these other brands in business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2021 4:37 AM

Black Americans want the symbols of wealth. They don't seem to understand that material things don't bring true happiness.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2021 4:40 AM

[quote] there's actually a lot of refined gays with taste who frequent this site.

😂😂😂 wow.

Anyone with eyes should be able to see those John Lobb shoes are fucking ugly. OP do yourself a favour, go on ssense and get yourself something cool in the sale, support an independent designer. Get a Jacquemus shirt, or a martine rose suit, or a telfar shirt, GMBH pants, an Aries sweater. Give all these “heritage” brands a miss, you’re wasting your money (and time) on misplaced aspirations. And quit the shameful new money / old money fantasies, rich people aren’t to be marveled at, they’re destroying the planet.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2021 4:49 AM

Belinda Carlisle carried Goyard totes for an interview in Thailand.. She's old money so you should follow her lead. Start with the card carrier and move up to the knapsack.

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2021 5:07 AM

Material things bring momentary happiness and that's the most I can ask for.

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2021 5:39 AM

[quote] Coach is NOT a luxury brand. It's what's known as a transition brand.

Coach is for poor people trying to have an accessory or item of status. The same goes for Michael Kors.

[quote] Black Americans want the symbols of wealth. They don't seem to understand that material things don't bring true happiness.

Wearing garish labels diminishes the brand appeal for those who have the wealthy status they wish to emulate. Also, money does not equal class. Wearing a big logoed LV bag in coochie cutters on Rodeo is so, well, probably the opposite of what they are going for.

[quote] Belinda Carlisle carried Goyard totes for an interview in Thailand.. She's old money so you should follow her lead.

Belinda Carlisle is not old money. She's white trash from the valley and is proudly, admittedly so. She might have married old money, but she is definitely not. However, I do like Goyard and Belinda. It can be new money, old money, or young money. I like the small credit card holder. That's all you need.

by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2021 6:40 AM

[quote] Black Americans want the symbols of wealth. They don't seem to understand that material things don't bring true happiness.

The 47 million black people that = the US black population are not what’s keeping those brands in business. Of course no thread, regardless of the subject, is not complete without negative generalizations about black people.

by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote] A lot of gays will be voting Republican in 2024. The left is off the rails. It has become overly devoted to over correcting wrongs done to —well, no one born in this century— and is allowing diversity to trump unity. Fake news racism has been replaced with real racism toward white people.

[quote] If you don’t like being a minority, move to a country where you’re not. Fucking whiney bitches everywhere.

[quote] Teenage boy harassed by VisuWell CEO, Sam Johnson, for wearing a dress to prom The boy in the dress has a pathological need for attention.

[quote] Biden - “Don’t need wear a mask outdoors!” 😷 In West Hollywood, everyone is masked up outdoors, even if no one’s around. Fucking insanity.I am shocked! Reopen mental hospitals.

[quote] White people are scared. They’re being erased from film and tv and radio and commercials and print ads and magazine covers — even though they’re the majority population of this country. These. Are. Insane. Times. Fuck the diversity and representation naziis. Go live somewhere where you can be in the majority if you don’t like it here

[quote] SATC news: The Replacement for Kim Cattrall is..... I'm sorry, we were all in the middle of trying to survive a pandemic and a bunch of fucking lunatics are trying to redefine humanity? Shoot me. Sara is an unappealing, humorless, psychotic pawn in a pathetic scheme to force this non-binary/trans shit down our throats.

[quote] SATC news: The Replacement for Kim Cattrall is..... I went to an event at the Writers Guild where every writer was bending over backwards trying to figure out a way to include a trans/non-binary character in their potential storylines. IT WAS PURE FUCKING MADNESS. But this is where it starts: in Hollywood, which is so fucking out of touch with most Americans that nothing is doing that well. And no one DARES question the trans-insanity and be perceived as less-than-liberal and loving. So of course some asshole on the writing staff of this lame SATC reboot show is probably trans or non-binary and pushing this stupid storyline and MPK is bending over backwards to include it. (plus, Cynthia's whole life is a big genderfuck, between her butch life partner and trans child). The industry has gone off the fucking rails when it comes to "inclusion" and overcorrection in less than two years.

[quote] SATC news: The Replacement for Kim Cattrall is..... HBO was for rich white people. Now it’s going straight ghetto.

[quote] In the Heights disappoints with $11M opening weekend. The overemphasis on diversity in America -- especially everyone calming to be so special that's non-white -- has created too much division. People are actually losing interest in seeing something about another type of people -- It's like, oh, you wanna celebrate how different you are? great. Go do it But don't expect us to watch.

[quote] Gay man called homophobic slurs and then stabbed on NYC subway. But blacks are all innocent victims! Their great great great great great grandparents were slaves, after all! Meanwhile, they’re buying $500 sneakers on Melrose, texting on the newest iphone model, and driving leased Mercedes. But todays blacks are soooooo oppressed and victimized!

[quote] How Does Keegan-Michael Key Get So Much Work? I like him but the affirmative action boat is lifting many to higher levels than normal.

[quote] How Does Keegan-Michael Key Get So Much Work? Get Out was like a wayans brother watched The Stepford Wives, wrote a black satire of it that lazily matched it beat-4-beat, left out the humor, then won an original oscarfor it. So dumb. But only a discerning black person would get this. The rest still think OJ was innocent.

White supremacist Republican moron!

by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2021 5:52 PM

Can you girls take the racist shit to a different thread? This one is about PRODUCT.

by Anonymousreply 52August 7, 2021 2:33 PM

Bottega Veneta

by Anonymousreply 53August 7, 2021 2:35 PM

Costco’s Kirkland brand? They have a wide selection of men’s fashions in this months coupon book.

by Anonymousreply 54August 7, 2021 2:39 PM

OP there there plenty of luxury brands that are still patronized by old money.

Also you make the ignorant hoi polloi mistake of assuming "high class society" does not accept new and flashy money. In fact that is what high society does, for the most part. It transforms new tacky money into classy money. Its a VERY old game, and mostly everyone playing it has a good time doing so.

by Anonymousreply 55August 7, 2021 2:42 PM

I still think Chanel is the pinnacle. They don't do men's crap, so that eliminates half the problem.

by Anonymousreply 56August 7, 2021 2:45 PM

Anything the Mainland Chinese don't wear or covet is probably safe.

by Anonymousreply 57August 7, 2021 2:45 PM

The watch world is an interesting case study in this topic. For years new money just went for Rolexes because Audemars Piquet, Vacheron Constantin, etc made extremely high end complicated watches that few people realized were worth so much money. So they were worn by those who had money but wanted a watch that said nothing to the masses. Rolexes, on the other hand, screamed new money. But eventually AP got all blinged out and now APs are the hottest thing in tacky $250K show pieces. VC hasn't gotten there yet, but it probably will have to. Breguet is getting there as well.

The old money people I know who loves watches but don't show off usually will wear a very high end Jaeger LeCoultre or Lange (which is probably about the best brand out there, but for some reason it's worn by CEOs and the like rather than sports stars or car dealership presidents -- maybe because it few people realize that they're the most expensive watches.

In Europe, however, the brands have different relationships to old and new money,.

That said, OP's post is worded in a way that does sound racist, although where I live, in LA, "vul gar new money" spreads" across all races.

by Anonymousreply 58August 7, 2021 2:49 PM

R55 But they don't accept it, at east not at first. It's not an "ignorant hoi polloi mistake" to see that. But you go on.

R58 The quote in OP was taken directly from the mentioned Louis Vuitton thread where someone said almost those exact words.

by Anonymousreply 59August 7, 2021 2:53 PM

Any luxury brand that doesn't emblazon their merch with logos is where you will find the non-vulgar, old money types.

by Anonymousreply 60August 7, 2021 2:55 PM

They most certainly do accept new money, when new money is either SO MUCH LARGER, or when New Money is interested in playing the "high class" game. You're quite an ignoramus and know nothing about class relations through history.

by Anonymousreply 61August 7, 2021 2:58 PM

To the people who mentioned Tory Burch and Coach: go find a quiet place to reflect on your life for a bit. Bring a notepad. Plan on being there for a while.

by Anonymousreply 62August 7, 2021 3:00 PM

"vulgar new money"? Who are you hanging out with, the Rothschilds? America's oldest fortunes aren't that old, from the Mellons and the Vanderbilts onwards. And a phrase like "high class society" makes you sound like a Judy Holliday character. I assume you mean WASP society? It really doesn't exist anymore; prep schools, the Ivy League, white shoe law firms, country clubs, prominent government posts, prestigious board seats--they're open to everybody nowadays. That's the problem with democracy, even tacky people can become rich and wield power.

by Anonymousreply 63August 7, 2021 3:03 PM

Paul Stuart on Madison Ave at about 48th street has not changed in decades. Great suits and casual clothes. Quiet, well made clothing.

by Anonymousreply 64August 7, 2021 3:19 PM

R61 thinks she's a Vanderbilt but is actually on Medicaid.

by Anonymousreply 65August 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Only “white models” in my luxury brands, please!

by Anonymousreply 66August 7, 2021 3:24 PM

No one cares who models them, r66.

by Anonymousreply 67August 7, 2021 3:25 PM

R63.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 7, 2021 3:30 PM

Being completely ignorant about class relations can make one charming. Then, references to hoary show biz tropes can be a helpful start as these are very common reference points to get the ball rolling, but they are limited and dated or simply wrong.

Ignoramuses getting snippy when instructed is de trop.

by Anonymousreply 69August 7, 2021 3:43 PM

The only one I know of is Chloe, which imprints their name on most of their bags in teensy tiny branding in an a part of the bag that is likely to be unseen.

They make ones for the Chinese and Russians which have CHLOE writ large up and down the bags, however. I suppose that is necessary for those markets.

by Anonymousreply 70August 7, 2021 3:50 PM

For women, I think Chanel makes beautiful, class clothing and I like the way they incorporate their logo. I am not 100% sure, but I believe I heard that Chanel is the most expensive women's clothing line. I see a lot of basic, wealthy women pairing a Chanel jacket with jeans.

I am trying to think of a male equivalent of Chanel. Hermes as a really nice men's ready to wear collection. I am a basic bitch, so the the simpler the better. Even if you look at the collections from even some of the more "vulgar" collections like LV, you'll find nice items without the logo. I think if you are used to wearing nice clothing and have the budget, you choose brands based on fit. Some designers just don't work for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 71August 7, 2021 4:54 PM

R69 = Patrick Dennis, back from the dead

by Anonymousreply 72August 7, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]I think if you are used to wearing nice clothing and have the budget, you choose brands based on fit. Some designers just don't work for everyone.

A very good point.

by Anonymousreply 73August 7, 2021 5:12 PM

Balmain?

by Anonymousreply 74August 7, 2021 10:34 PM

Bernard Arnault and Francois Pinault are responsible for destroying fashion brands, it’s beyond time to break up the conglomerates.

by Anonymousreply 75August 7, 2021 10:36 PM

Chanel and Hermès are the only brands that haven’t been completely vulgarized, because they’re independent.

by Anonymousreply 76August 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Most cosmopolitan cities have traditional tailors to provide "classy" clothes to men. If not several. Examples: Battistoni in Rome. Knize in Vienna, a number of bespoke tailors in London and Hong Kong. Brands: Lanvin for men in Paris. Brioni attracts its shares of pimps and conmen, but it's still a classy brand.

by Anonymousreply 77August 7, 2021 10:44 PM

R28 nailed it. I would never date or befriend someone who is a designer snob. I care about people not things.

by Anonymousreply 78August 7, 2021 10:44 PM

I used to spend time with a Heilbronn, his family were always concerned about Chanel’s connection with rappers as they cheapen the brand.

by Anonymousreply 79August 7, 2021 10:46 PM

Hermès flies under the radar for the most part, at least in terms of men's wear and accessories; discreet logos or none. As a backpack costs US$8000, and a dress belt can retail for up to $4000, it seems unlikely that Hermès products will be saturating the high street anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 80August 7, 2021 10:59 PM

Celine. Although even they seem to be getting logo-happy of late.

by Anonymousreply 81August 7, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote] Gucci shoes etc.

Gucci is vulgar. Ferragamo is not.

by Anonymousreply 82August 7, 2021 11:27 PM

Chanel has lost nearly all of its cachet. The more affordable stuff is loud logos and fat people on the subway wear leggings with CHANEL on the waistband. Big cheap interlocking “C” earrings. Fast fashion knockoff quilted purses and fanny packs.

The only item I see decorous wealthy women wear is the ballet flats. I never see the fat people on the subway wearing those.

by Anonymousreply 83August 8, 2021 12:24 AM

[quote]Gucci is vulgar. Ferragamo is not.

Classic Gucci shoes, scarves, men's suits are still made and are not at all vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 84August 8, 2021 1:04 AM

The only “classic” Gucci items are leather goods and handbags, which is what the company was known for pre-Tom Ford.

by Anonymousreply 85August 8, 2021 2:58 AM

[quote]which is what the company was known for pre-Tom Ford.

And your point is?

Gucci still makes classic things as they always have, no matter who the designer is....along with the wild trendy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 86August 8, 2021 3:15 AM

Aston Martin, Lotus, Jaguar, and Morgan still seem pretty exclusive and do not attract rappers and Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 87August 8, 2021 3:30 AM

Hermès

by Anonymousreply 88August 8, 2021 3:34 AM

The thing is, if you're like OP and you have to ASK what the new luxury brands are, you'll never figure it out.

[quote]The Olson twins line, The Row, is very expensive high end designer basics for upper class white women.

When you look at the stuff from The Row, it should be apparent immediately - THAT'S what the rich people are wearing. Everything about the clothes they design says discreet money and lots of it. As soon you start relying on visible labels or logos, you can never be truly luxury - you immediately become a wanna-be.

by Anonymousreply 89August 8, 2021 3:38 AM

The Row is very right...very NYC... but not all women want to dress like that all the time. It's for women who aren't into men.

by Anonymousreply 90August 8, 2021 4:06 AM

Brunello Cucinelli îs another brand that does discrete luxury very well.

by Anonymousreply 91August 8, 2021 4:23 AM

OP, for you I recommend Talbot's Plus.

by Anonymousreply 92August 8, 2021 5:03 AM

Northface and REI always scream understated luxury

by Anonymousreply 93August 8, 2021 5:13 AM

Globe-Trotter luggage

by Anonymousreply 94August 8, 2021 5:37 AM

Well, OP, I can think of lots of brands and stores where the truly wealthy upper echelon people shop. But they might not be considered “luxury”, because they’re everyday items. For instance, Peter Elliot, R. Derwin, Trillion; these are small regional shops (NYC, Litchfield, Palm Beach) that fly under the radar of most people. You can’t walk into a Nordstrom’s and buy one of their cashmere sweaters. They don’t have logos or visible labels. T. Anthony luggage: it has a distinct style and look, but if you’re not familiar with it, it looks boring. But if you are, you’ll instantly recognize it.

There are a million little things and brands that are only sold in certain places, that someone wouldn’t ever know about, and wouldn’t wear if they did.

by Anonymousreply 95August 8, 2021 10:57 AM

Jaeger Le-Coultre was always the brand that smart 'watchy' people liked when I worked in London. Rolex and Breitling was seen as crass. I've always worn Tag-Heuer or Casio, I'm just not into watches. If I can wear it swimming and tell the time is pretty much my requirements.

I've bought a fair amount of designer things over the years and all I can say is, the quality has really gone downhill. I only buy simple things now. Im happy if I can find a pair of jeans that aren't 30% lycra. Honestly, Zara and Uniqlo are better than a lot of high end stuff.

My young relative visited me last year and she raided my storage closet and dressed up in my old Burberry stuff, Armani etc. She's 5'11" and like a string bean and she looked amazing and it was funny, we took photos and laughed. But I couldn't believe how small the clothes were. Like a small used to really be a small. I'm wearing small trousers/ jeans now but I can't do up the flies on my old stuff. I had an Armani jacket that neither of us could get our shoulders into.

Maybe that's why the price went up - so much more fabric needed?

by Anonymousreply 96August 8, 2021 3:05 PM

Jessica Simpson at Dillard's. Kylie Cosmetics.

by Anonymousreply 97August 8, 2021 3:26 PM

There isn't a brand that cares if your money is new or old, or how it's earned. Not matter how they market themselves to appeal to snobs. Capitalism is about making money, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 98August 8, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote] Belinda Carlisle carried Goyard totes for an interview in Thailand.. She's old money so you should follow her lead.

For exquisite refined taste, you just cannot do better than following the lead of the head Go-Go.

by Anonymousreply 99August 8, 2021 4:32 PM

Martin Margiela is pretty niche.

by Anonymousreply 100August 8, 2021 4:39 PM

Names, names, names, sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 101August 8, 2021 4:39 PM

Tiffany's.

by Anonymousreply 102August 8, 2021 4:40 PM

R51 is a homophobe. The R-word is a fucking offensive racial slur when directed at any marginalized group, especially gay people. Gays can’t be r*c*st. R*c*sm equals power plus prejudice; only hets have the power to oppress, and they use it at every fucking turn. And you enable them to do so by projecting your r*c*sm, misandry, and homophobia onto gay men.

You failed to refute anything in a single one of those quotes. Your ad hominem attacks reveal you to be a petty, tyrannical manchild. Stay silent and let the adults talk from here on in.

by Anonymousreply 103August 8, 2021 4:46 PM

When hate speech is finally a capital crime in this country, calling anybody who is not white heterosexual and gentile the r-word will be grounds for instantaneous execution.

by Anonymousreply 104August 8, 2021 4:47 PM

Calling gay people the r-word is as homophobic as it is racist to call Black people that offensive slur.

by Anonymousreply 105August 8, 2021 4:48 PM

R30, it's palettes.

by Anonymousreply 106August 8, 2021 5:05 PM

Among U.S.-made brands, Oxxford suits and Alden shoes have maintained their quality. There are a number of very high-end Italian brands such as Kiton, Isaia and Loro Piana that haven't succumbed to logo-ism. Akris, a venerable Swiss fashion house, is favored by a lot of very wealthy women.

by Anonymousreply 107August 8, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote]There are a number of very high-end Italian brands such as Kiton, Isaia and Loro Piana

Also Brioni, Zegna

by Anonymousreply 108August 8, 2021 6:14 PM

Belinda Carlisle was the daughter of a gas station employee. Hardly old money.

by Anonymousreply 109August 8, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] The R-word is a fucking offensive racial slur when directed at any marginalized group, especially gay people. Gays can’t be r*c*st.

You are SO full of shit!

by Anonymousreply 110August 9, 2021 5:22 AM

Fratelli Rossetti, Longchamp, Ferragamo, Pringle

by Anonymousreply 111August 9, 2021 6:13 AM

Luxury brands have never been acceptable to the upper classes, OP.

by Anonymousreply 112August 9, 2021 6:17 AM

Pringle briefly went for the fashion-CHAV market.

by Anonymousreply 113August 9, 2021 6:18 AM

Bespoke, OP, bespoke clothing from a good tailoring shop.

The tailoring means more than most other things. Kate Middleton buys off the high street, Zara or whatever, and has them tailored. They look great.

Inexpensive clothing that's well-tailored can transform a cheap look into something acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 114August 9, 2021 7:31 AM

Anything with a royal warrant

by Anonymousreply 115August 9, 2021 7:54 AM

Carolina Herrera

Ralph Rucci

by Anonymousreply 116August 9, 2021 8:10 AM

Trashy people don’t seem to cling to Dior or Givenchy. Haven’t really seen Fendi around them either.

by Anonymousreply 117August 9, 2021 8:14 AM

Bvlgari.

by Anonymousreply 118August 9, 2021 8:16 AM

R39- Agreed. I also LOVE when trash pronounce it Fac-Con-Able.

by Anonymousreply 119August 10, 2021 4:32 PM

Longchamp is interesting because it’s not particularly expensive, and it even had a trendy moment in the 00s, but it managed to stay a consistent presence. I remember walking around Milan sightseeing and noticing Italian men carrying Longchamp bags to work as if they were briefcases.

by Anonymousreply 120August 10, 2021 4:42 PM

S. T. DuPont Lotuff Leather Dunhill Frank Clegg Lalique Tiffany Harry Winston

by Anonymousreply 121August 10, 2021 4:44 PM

DuPont? Do you mean Teflon pots and pans?

by Anonymousreply 122August 10, 2021 4:46 PM

In general, anything that is available to the masses looses it cachet. So many respectable brands have fallen into this trap. Also, old money takes pride in not having anything new. My wealthiest old money friends have the sweaters and shoes with holes, the tie with stains and the car that smokes. The idea is that your 'things' don't need to impress as you are impressive enough without them.

by Anonymousreply 123August 10, 2021 5:03 PM

Mark Cross

by Anonymousreply 124August 10, 2021 5:07 PM

Geez, how racist is it to attack something because it's associated with rappers?

And what is the obsession people here have with old money?

by Anonymousreply 125August 10, 2021 5:08 PM

If you have the money, you know the real brands.

by Anonymousreply 126August 10, 2021 5:14 PM

Anything without a logo or label will do.

by Anonymousreply 127August 10, 2021 5:28 PM

I'm thinking about buying a Zegna midnight blue tuxedo I saw in a local luxury department store on sale from 3K to 1K. My smokings are old now and for a younger thinner body. The thing is, I only use a dinner jacket about 2 times a year. But I guess it could be a chic burial suit.

Joe wearing one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 10, 2021 5:35 PM

If it has a name on it, even simple initials, it is vulgar. You wearing it should lend all the cache the item needs.

by Anonymousreply 129August 10, 2021 5:50 PM

Purchasing designer clothing with the sole purpose of assuming the supposed cache of what that piece of clothing can provide to you, without a connection to the style or design or material, is vulgar.

Paranoia about whether expensive clothing sends the “correct” or “incorrect” message about your earnings and where you got your money is vulgar.

Worrying if an association with black people will impact you negatively because you wear clothing form the same corporation is extremely vulgar.

Luxury items in general are vulgar. Wealth is vulgar. Inherited wealth is especially vulgar considering the lack of any work done to attain that wealth. The climate report published yesterday should remove any remaining doubt about the destructive and unsustainable qualities of wealth. But if you like the object at least there is some joy coming from the purchase.

Most of the commenters here are totally joyless, fixating on race and supposed class associations with money or proximity to money, and unable to understand the value of an object free from their own racism. These people will never be happy, and are useless as far as human culture goes.

Types like R123 for instance, should be avoided at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 130August 10, 2021 6:11 PM

Oh dear. It's "cachet", as in prestigious. "Caché" means hidden. You guys obviously don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 131August 10, 2021 8:11 PM

If you don't know what/who "ST Dupont" is...........you are indeed the subject of this post....."vulgar, new money, pimps, and rappers."

by Anonymousreply 132August 10, 2021 8:44 PM

Barracuta

by Anonymousreply 133August 10, 2021 8:47 PM

Nouveau riche can buy anything and brands won't shun them.

by Anonymousreply 134August 10, 2021 8:47 PM

I want to say MELLERIO DITS MELLER. the most exclusive house of finest jewellery in the world, based in paris, the first to open a shop place vendôme centuries ago, designers for european royalty for over 400 years, and the las independant jewellery house in the world. still owned by the Mellerio family. Their pieces are unmistakably stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 10, 2021 9:14 PM

R130 You're rather opinionated for one who doesn't know the difference between cachet and cache.

by Anonymousreply 136August 10, 2021 9:27 PM

Maybe I'm just more interested in fashionable clothes than pens, R132.

by Anonymousreply 137August 10, 2021 9:52 PM

more Mellerio dits Meller (that nobody here has ever heard of, you trash)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 10, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote]My young relative visited me last year and she raided my storage closet and dressed up in my old Burberry stuff, Armani etc. She's 5'11" and like a string bean and she looked amazing and it was funny, we took photos and laughed.

Is she represented?

by Anonymousreply 139August 11, 2021 12:03 AM

Nicolas Fairford is going to be the ultimate luxury brand for the old money. You’ve heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 140August 11, 2021 12:20 AM

Grey Poupon.

by Anonymousreply 141August 11, 2021 1:17 AM

r130 seems like he's personally insulted by this thread because of a certain popular social worldview, but none of what he said is relevant.

It may offend r130 and he may wish the world wasn't set up the way it is, but that doesn't mean it isn't reality and he can't bully it away (especially not with non sequiturs like "how dare you while global warming?!"). This thread isn't intended for him, at all, since he can't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 142August 11, 2021 1:29 AM

Thread #1,234,678 where DLers attempt to prove that they have somehow transcended their working class roots.

by Anonymousreply 143August 11, 2021 1:32 AM

I smell MyMillennialFriend ^

by Anonymousreply 144August 11, 2021 1:40 AM

R142 not insulted, embarrassed. Nobody in this thread is connected to the real life. You and everyone else are suffering desperate social delusions, to say anything of knowing anything about fashion lol. You’re prob the loser saying Hermes is in style for men haha. Outsiders the lot of you.

by Anonymousreply 145August 11, 2021 1:45 AM

r145 Your use of "lol" in your response says it all, really.

by Anonymousreply 146August 11, 2021 1:47 AM

R146 your being triggered by that says a lot more about you tbh (that means ‘to be honest’). I can just hear you now “classic cuts and fine tailoring” haha, I can smell the mothballs off your comment.

by Anonymousreply 147August 11, 2021 1:55 AM

r147 so young. So very, very young.

by Anonymousreply 148August 11, 2021 1:57 AM

Lol R148 do you really wanna play that game? You know what the opposite is right? So old….so very very old?

by Anonymousreply 149August 11, 2021 2:07 AM

Balenciaga, Bulgari, Audemars Piguet, Longines, Girard-Perregaux, H.Stern, Chopard, Guerlain, Issey Miyake, Piaget, Tissot...sorry if I missed any of these above but I think these are mostly still off the nouveau riche radar.

by Anonymousreply 150August 11, 2021 2:29 AM

Aquascutum?

by Anonymousreply 151August 11, 2021 2:31 AM

[quote]Thread #1,234,678 where DLers attempt to prove that they have somehow transcended their working class roots.

How is knowing your luxury brands proof of any of this? I know what an Astin Martin is. I never said I could afford one. R143 sounds exhausting as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 152August 11, 2021 2:35 AM

Exhausting, yet "friendly" and millennial.

by Anonymousreply 153August 11, 2021 3:01 AM

Audemars Piguet Swiss watches

by Anonymousreply 154August 11, 2021 3:05 AM

God-DAMN these designers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 11, 2021 3:19 AM

Lilli Ann

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 11, 2021 3:26 AM

Listen, Fuckos; Belinda Carlisle is old and she has money so she's old money.

Now, I'd just like to note that if you loved me for being piano-bar hot trash, you'd all chip in to buy me the Bottega Veneta oversized Intrecciato tote.

It speaks to me and tells me riddles. It's also very heavy, so boney-assed rich people won't buy it. Consider it a full use of nature's resources.

by Anonymousreply 157August 11, 2021 3:30 AM

House of Dereon

by Anonymousreply 158August 11, 2021 3:51 AM

Audemars Piguet has, unfortunately, turned into the pimpiest of all watch brands as the once refined and stately company has gone totally bling. This has only happened in the last 10 years but basically their Royal Oak has become 90 percent of their income stream, and it's turned into the watch of choice of OP's vulgarians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 11, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote]more Mellerio dits Meller

I love looking through their website. Very Italian. And those prices...

by Anonymousreply 160August 11, 2021 5:41 AM

Mikimoto

Cartier

by Anonymousreply 161August 11, 2021 6:00 AM

Missoni, Valentino. Etro for men.

by Anonymousreply 162August 11, 2021 6:16 AM

I was just talking about this topic with a couple friends of mine a few days ago. It wasn't really a conversation regarding the vulgarity of certain brands over others; it was mainly us bitching about how our basic white female friends and family members have become obsessed with Louis Vuitton, to a point where, if they think it's fashionable, then it can't be. I'd hazard a guess that no major brand, these days, is immune to some kind of image dilution due to "less-desirables" sporting their wares. Obviously, when it comes to items of significant cost, like cars and very high-priced jewelry, there will still be some kind of pricing safeguard. But even "less-desirables" can sometimes afford those products. However, when it comes to fashion, the expansion of the marketplace into online sites and second hand markets has basically made exclusivity and class-based signaling through fashion a thing of the past. And even with brands that really curtail their online presence, there's no way for them to curtail the product after retail.

Further, there is no company in the developed world that has withstood falling into the trap of skimping on quality, labor and materials to up margins. That's an economic fact that just can't be worked around in any way. Any product manufacturer has to go into other channels for materials and components and, while they can certainly look for quality third-party component manufacturers, the likelihood they can source ALL of their components at luxury-quality is slim to none these days. Thread is comparatively weaker than prior decades, leathers are cut thinner and produced from cheaper, less-healthy cattle and the use of plastics and lower-tier metals has become commonplace. So the idea of getting a high-quality item in which all components of the manufacturing process are of high-quality is just constructively impossible. With that said, I do buy handmade moccasins from a mom and pop shop whenever I get home to my parents which is a real treat. They're just thread and leather with a foam cushion sewn under the top sole. They're quality, but I doubt few would find them fashionable.

by Anonymousreply 163August 11, 2021 7:41 AM

R39

Facconable?

Bonjour Nomi!!!

It’s Façonnable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 11, 2021 9:19 AM

R46

I love you.

by Anonymousreply 165August 11, 2021 9:21 AM

R79

Too late, racist moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 11, 2021 9:29 AM

R80

Move on, Boomer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 11, 2021 9:32 AM

This thread is so much nicer with slack-jawed teenage idiots like r166/r167 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 168August 11, 2021 9:37 AM

OP, it’s extremely simple.

When you’re cheap, nothing helps.

That’s all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 11, 2021 9:38 AM

R130

A man with a brain, on DL?

I love you 😘❤️💕

by Anonymousreply 170August 11, 2021 9:41 AM

R23 - depends on the are where the T.J. Maxx is. My mom and sister are fabric snobs and the ones in Tarzana, CA and Glendale, CA still have natural fabrics and leather of very good quality for the price. In other locations, it's all synthetic stuff.

by Anonymousreply 171August 11, 2021 9:54 AM

Why would I want to tell you what I wear or purchase?

We don't do that.

And I do not frequent this site. I occasional it.

by Anonymousreply 172August 11, 2021 1:31 PM

R160 2 yers ago I took a course in pedagogy, and one of my teachers was a very chic, beautiful french woman in her forties. very audrey Hepburnesque. She had a gorgeous yellow gold ring on her finger, very simple, no stone, just an intricate knot , but it was so smooth and perfect that I couldn't help but ask during lunch break where it came from. She answered unassumingly " My father gave it to me on my 18th birthday, it's a Mellerio dits Meller from Paris". Bitch. I spent the rest of the course wondering how I could kill her and steal the ring from her dead, cold hand.

by Anonymousreply 173August 11, 2021 2:44 PM

Nothing says classy like a daughter named Kulture, R167.

by Anonymousreply 174August 11, 2021 3:25 PM

Balenciaga? Some heifer was wearing Balenciaga sneakers at the Whole Foods yesterday. She also had a fake Chanel fanny pack. Unless Chanel is making fanny packs now, and on second thought, they probably are.

by Anonymousreply 175August 11, 2021 3:46 PM

My great great aunt had a Mellerio cut diamond from Mellerio. She was a spinster who never married her lover, a jeweler, because he was French-Arab catholic. He gave her jewels annually over a lifetime. Might make a charming, small movie.

by Anonymousreply 176August 11, 2021 3:53 PM

Balenciaga is Arab and Chav fashion boy fetish brand.

by Anonymousreply 177August 11, 2021 3:53 PM

Balenciaga is in music videos, so no.

by Anonymousreply 178August 11, 2021 3:55 PM

Ralph Rucci is an amazing talent and dresses some of the world's most sophisticated women. Old money usually has a simple Cartier tank watch that they have owned for ages.

by Anonymousreply 179August 11, 2021 3:56 PM

Pink? Might be cutting it close these days.

by Anonymousreply 180August 11, 2021 4:02 PM

What about Mark Cross?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 11, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]Listen, Fuckos; Belinda Carlisle is old and she has money so she's old money.

Bless your little, retarded heart.

by Anonymousreply 182August 11, 2021 5:55 PM

OP, why not just ignore the whole thing? Who cares which brands are for whom? Other than for purposes of your race trolling, of course.

by Anonymousreply 183August 11, 2021 6:38 PM

[quote] My great great aunt had a Mellerio cut diamond from Mellerio. She was a spinster

who got her stuff ?

by Anonymousreply 184August 11, 2021 8:12 PM

Isn't it always bizarre to see black people wearing luxury brands ? don't you always suspect it's a rip-off or a copy ? and the pics of people like beyoncé and her husband (sorry can't remember the name) vacationing on luxury yachts in st-tropez and such , it's like surreal, doesn't seem true. At least to the racist eyes, which I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 185August 11, 2021 8:19 PM

Acne Studios ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 11, 2021 8:24 PM

Charvet.

by Anonymousreply 187August 11, 2021 8:55 PM

Dicker and Dicker of Beverly Hills.

Always kind of liked that name.

by Anonymousreply 188August 11, 2021 9:02 PM

Bösendorfer pianos. Especially that one with 97 keys. Now owned by the Yamaha corporation.

by Anonymousreply 189August 11, 2021 9:03 PM

We don't sell our bags to the trash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 11, 2021 9:12 PM

Anything "bespoke" is horrendously pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 191August 11, 2021 9:24 PM

R191 Why?

by Anonymousreply 192August 11, 2021 9:26 PM

Bespoke just means custom tailor. Sure its pricy but pretentious? When I was a middle class kid, lots of middle-class women had a local dressmaker or seamstress sewing up very well fitting suits and dresses. Men, less so, but some. There used to be good Italian and jewish tailors in medium sized cities and there were Chinese tailors who would visit once a year to sell custom suits, as well.

by Anonymousreply 193August 11, 2021 10:31 PM

There's always Sbo.

It's shapeless knitwear sheered, organically dyed, and spun by one of the most insufferable cunts in the PNW.

If you see someone wearing something that looks like dryer lint vomit, it's most likely Sbo.

by Anonymousreply 194August 11, 2021 10:43 PM

R185 Good to know you aren't a racist, Mr. Goebbels

by Anonymousreply 195August 12, 2021 1:24 AM

R184 my mom, aunts, sisters and cousins. Some of them sold their inheritances. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 196August 12, 2021 1:27 AM

Well actually it wasn't all inherited she gave it away starting in her 80s, for birthdays, graduations, marriages, Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 197August 12, 2021 1:29 AM

Coach is definitely trashy.

by Anonymousreply 198August 12, 2021 1:42 AM

R174

It was Offset's (her partner) last CD with Migos.

Yawn.

Being left out is sad.

by Anonymousreply 199August 12, 2021 1:48 AM

Celine for men isn't vulgar.

No one new money nor pimp or rapper wears Celine.

You just have to be extremely thin and young.

With sexy hair.

And rich.

by Anonymousreply 200August 12, 2021 1:58 AM

Just dress like the Queen and her first cousin, Margaret Rhodes.

Never vulgar.

Always elegant and tasteful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 12, 2021 2:11 AM

R184 if only everything in the world could be lazily simplified down to the level of "race trolling" whenever race is mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 202August 12, 2021 12:57 PM

R199

[Quote]ignorance is never sexy

Neither is the name "Kulture" when used for a human child, as opposed to, say, an album.

by Anonymousreply 203August 12, 2021 1:02 PM

R203

Ok Boomer.

by Anonymousreply 204August 12, 2021 1:24 PM

Loewe;

Is it pronounced "low", " low-ee" or some other way?

It's Spanish and the clothing looks stupid, but I love the leather goods.

by Anonymousreply 205August 12, 2021 1:33 PM

R204

So clever 🥲

by Anonymousreply 206August 12, 2021 2:59 PM

R205, it's "Lo-EH-veh."

by Anonymousreply 207August 12, 2021 3:38 PM

I'll echo Mark Cross. I worked at one of the six stores they had in the US and the product was luxe through and through. It was a shame that company bigwigs deemed it a weak player in the corporate portfolio and so shut it down after 156 years.

The same company that owned Mark Cross owned Coach as well -- there was a marked difference in quality, but Coach was nice, a "step up," and represented a good investment for those just starting to spend money on better quality goods.

by Anonymousreply 208August 12, 2021 3:47 PM

R208 Anything thoughts on the current Mark Cross offerings? I didn’t realize the brand was shut down and then reopened.

by Anonymousreply 209August 12, 2021 5:20 PM

R196 why not you ? I say you should have the Mellerio diamond . Did you sue thoses bastards for excluding you on homophobic bias ?

by Anonymousreply 210August 12, 2021 6:34 PM

Covid Vaccines?

by Anonymousreply 211August 12, 2021 6:45 PM

Nope, nobody gave the one openly gay guy family jewels. They don't give men jewels. My father came from a modest family so there are no jewels or watches on that side.

My spinster auntie lived middle class - with her married brother. She never sold those jewels, which would have really changed their fortune. But they were so solidly middle class nobody ever thought of those things. Also the jewels represented a life long illicit love affair - sex out of wedlock!

by Anonymousreply 212August 13, 2021 5:18 AM

Holland and Holland - for the aristocratic outdoorsy types. They used to sell their clothing online but can't seem to find it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 13, 2021 5:35 AM

Walmart?

by Anonymousreply 214August 13, 2021 10:07 PM

R214 That would be the opposite of the OP question, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 215August 13, 2021 10:58 PM

I always wanted to be new money. Never got past limited.

by Anonymousreply 216August 14, 2021 8:28 PM

R189 what do the extra keys do? The highest and lowest pitch on a standard piano are already extremes.

by Anonymousreply 217August 14, 2021 8:42 PM

Or does it pick up the semi notes ooooo I bet it does.

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2021 8:43 PM

Luxury brands now specifically target vulgar new money, pimps, and rappers.

by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2021 8:45 PM

IVANKA TRUMP

by Anonymousreply 220August 15, 2021 1:54 AM

R219 Luxury brands now specifically target vulgar new money, pimps, and rappers.

FOR THEY ARE THE FUTURE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 15, 2021 6:14 AM

So Bernard Arnault becomes the richest person in the world by selling handbags and perfume.

That's exactly the way it should be.

by Anonymousreply 222August 15, 2021 3:21 PM

It might as well be 1961 if the richest man on Earth is white, male, and neither gay nor Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 223August 15, 2021 3:33 PM

R223 not getting the point

by Anonymousreply 224August 15, 2021 4:01 PM

That is the point. Money, wealth, and power do not belong in the hands of non-Blacks, non-Jews, or non-Gays.

by Anonymousreply 225August 15, 2021 4:03 PM

Okay r225 🙄

by Anonymousreply 226August 15, 2021 4:07 PM

R223

But he is a Roman Catholic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 15, 2021 4:59 PM

Bernard Arnault's villa in Saint Tropez. It looks like it's on the northern coast of Cap Saint Pierre (a peninsula to the east of the main town of Saint Tropez) on a street called Impasse du Cap. Of course, it's a gated community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 15, 2021 5:13 PM

[quote]That is the point. Money, wealth, and power do not belong in the hands of non-Blacks, non-Jews, or non-Gays.

One thing for sure, it doesn't belong in the hands of someone as idiotic as you.

by Anonymousreply 229August 15, 2021 6:02 PM

R229

Excellent.

by Anonymousreply 230August 15, 2021 6:06 PM

R228, it's ghastly. This is what a villa in the south of France should look like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 15, 2021 7:09 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 15, 2021 11:59 PM

Cardin tried to unload that monstrosity. I don't know if there were any buyers.

by Anonymousreply 233August 16, 2021 12:01 AM

R233 Simone Porte who is the head designer at Jacquemus (the current fresh face of French chic) rents it every summer FYI.

by Anonymousreply 234August 16, 2021 12:11 AM

Thanks for the info, R234. I would only buy it if I were immensely wealthy and could afford to knock it down and build something reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 235August 16, 2021 3:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!