Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

And Just Like That: Dug Out of the Grave (Part II)

Filming continues on the Sarah Jessica Parker Vanity Project

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 9, 2021 12:56 AM

Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 7:44 PM

I can't wait to not watch this!

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 8:05 PM

Funny I had a hard time choosing but those movies were so awful I think they powerfully cemented the hate watching that was going on in the last several seasons.

The first was a total rip off, just a rehash of before to do Carrie's wedding on a big scale big screen.

The second was a caftan's nightmare masquerading as his dream come true. It may go down as one of the top ten bombs of all time. What a piece of shit.

Then again, it's the same, aging, deluded gang lined up for Where's My Glasses? or whatever it's called. If you can count on anybody to plumb new depths, it's this self-reinforcing coven.

Please, God, let Andy Cohen have a writing credit!

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 8:07 PM

I'll watch it. It will soothe my hidden streak of masochism.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 8:36 PM

"Look, Miranda! It must be a parade featuring this year's Kentucky Derby winner!"

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 8:43 PM

Cynthia: How much are we getting paid to stare at her in awe for 3 months?

Kristin: Enough

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 9:20 PM

They would make a perfect crossover episode with the Love Boat. You just know that Doc would dick all three of them!

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 9:24 PM

I answered "Movies" in the poll because I simply have to believe that their shitness cannot be equalled. Any other prospect would be too dismal.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 9:33 PM

Starting on Friday E is going to be running the TV series and the two movies.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 9:52 PM

With my apologies to Kristin Davis, her fellow Melrose Place alumni below are looking more fresh than the “And Just Like That” trio. Better doctors or better genes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 9:54 PM

Look at those hands, those are a witches hands!

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 9:57 PM

Kristin Davis has nothing going on so I can see why she signed onto this. Cynthia Nixon probably agreed to do it as long as they gave her direct deposit.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 9:57 PM

Has SJP ever admitted that the films were NOT cinematic masterpieces? That's why my hopes are low for this. Her ego is in the driver's seat

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 10:02 PM

How many times will SJP be called “fabulous” in this reboot?

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 10:04 PM

^r14 None. It was Samantha who was always telling Carrie how fabulous and fantastic she was.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 10:14 PM

R10, they all look a hell of a lot better than the SATC crew.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2021 10:19 PM

I just can't imagine this:

"Hey did you watch "And Just Like That" last night?"

"Oh yes! I love "And Just Like That". It is such a great series and much better than that "Sex And The City" show".

Such a clunky show title. They should change it.

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2021 10:24 PM

The Paris ending was perfection and then that hack Michael Patrick King fucked it all up with the movies. They became these shallow, materialistic caricatures rather than the dynamic women they were during the series.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2021 10:37 PM

What's the target demo? 45/50 year old women who came of age during the original series and flocked to NYC to live out their own SATC fantasy?

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 10:40 PM

Maybe I’m in a minority but I actually enjoyed the first movie for what it was. I thought it was a good extension of the series and it was fun to check in with all the characters. Sure Carrie was a selfish monster but that was nothing new. Plus it was so episodic it felt more like binge-watching a season of the show rather than a movie.

The second movie was where they fucked it all up. They obviously were trying to ride the success of the first movie and didn’t really have any good ideas so they just threw in whatever shit they could come up with hoping it would work. Miranda was like a completely different (lobotomized?) character from the series and first movie. Samantha was so shrill and obnoxious I’m not shocked Cattrall cut all ties with the show. And yes, the materialism was so over-the-top it was distracting.

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2021 10:57 PM

^ Because it was just a repeat for the most part, recycling the series but with bigger budgets. Her and Big: on, off, on, off, who cared? It was basically a high budget reboot of the series finale.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote]The Paris ending was perfection and then that hack Michael Patrick King fucked it all up with the movies.

They can start this series off with a fabulous new Paris ending...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 12:17 AM

Will they just be recycling Golden Girls scripts at this point? Who will be playing Charlotte's blind sister? Is Shannon Dougherty looking for work?

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 3:23 AM

I was just looking at Carrie in the pink dress. I honestly think the clothing she is wearing is aging her more than just the age herself. I don't like SJP, but I guess I have to applaud her more natural approach to cosmetic surgery. She looks like she hasn't had a thing done and every year her age, but healthy and fine. Same with the other girls as well. We are really seeing the consequences of SJP's influence and lack of Patricia Field.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 3:43 AM

Caption this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 4:25 PM

r25 "And just like that, Samantha jumped off the building."

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 5:08 PM

At R25, Kristin looks like she's giving it her best shot (she can't afford to be too picky at this stage), Cynthia is thinking "Kill me now" and SJP is giving off a NOXIOUS whiff of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 5:35 PM

Kristin has a TV series coming up R27.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 5:43 PM

^ Oh, really? That's nice, I guess. I just assumed that, with her increasingly unfortunate cosmetic procedures, she was getting a bit panicky about her career prospects.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 5:59 PM

Kristin just had a lesbian love affair with Kelsey Grammer's daughter! She's doing great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 6:40 PM

R20: I agree. The first film felt like five back to back episodes. We really didn’t need it but it was decent and far better than the sequel. The sequel was racist, sexist, and just plain unfunny. A thin plot stretched over 2.5 hours. MPK just doesn’t know to write for film. There was no sex and no city, Carrie still being a miserable cunt, Miranda and Charlotte had nothing to do, Samantha turned into this crazy caricature, and the Aidan storyline was a complete waste and made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 8:22 PM

KC should've just shut up, done the piece of shit show, and backed up the brinks truck. It's not that tough, honey.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 8:34 PM

I reviewed the fallout and it sounds like the studio originally lied. Cattrall corrected the record and said she simply didn't want to do a third movie.

At this point, Parker could have just expressed sadness, and said, "We'll figure out a way to do it without her, though we will miss her." Instead she pretty much said, "We had a great script, and Cattrall is letting the audience down by saying no," which was incredibly unprofessional. She was shaming Cattrall here.

Then, when Cattrall's brother committed suicide just four months later, Parker made a point to make make an instagram comment. Reaching out privately would have been enough during this harrowing, tragic time for Cattrall. Instead, Parker made a move that made her look like she was more concerned with optics.

I'm happy for Parker that she is getting to "tie up loose ends" with the series. Bully for her. But, the way she reacted initially wasn't becoming and not really fair to Cattrall. I totally get all of her reactions. She ran out of fucks to give.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 12:21 PM

R33 what loose ends? The show had a good ending. Many fans ignore the events of the films.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 5:16 PM

Sarah: "HELLO, NEW YORK! CARRIE BRADSHAW IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cynthia: "I'm doing this for Rojo Caliente, I'm doing this for Rojo Caliente"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Cynthia really does look fucking miserable. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 9:09 PM

The nipples showing! Good lord she really is embarrassing. Put a bra on! Although, thinking about it they are probably latex stick ones so she can look fresh and fuckable… the way she was made out to be in later seasons with men just falling over her everywhere went. As if.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 9:11 PM

SJP is wearing a bra. Her nipples have always protruded through her clothing.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 9:15 PM

SJP's expressions are the very recognizable hallmark of someone who sees it all slipping away but who's doing their best to convince themselves and everyone else that it isn't happening.

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2021 9:23 PM

R38 Nobody’s nipples stick out like that through a bra naturally. She’s either not wearing one (unlikely given how perky her tits look) or she is wearing one with stick on nipples over it. I vote for the latter. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2021 9:31 PM

R40 has established their EXPERTISE on nipples.

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2021 9:37 PM

R41 my pronouns today are he/him THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2021 9:49 PM

Why Is Kristin using a hamster cage as a purse?

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2021 9:51 PM

SJP is starting to look like Marjorie Taylor Greene’s older sister.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 11:47 PM

SJP has too much hair going on.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2021 2:08 AM

Kristin Davis wearing that white modesty tee under her dress looks like a fundamentalist Christian at a church picnic.

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2021 2:38 AM

Pat Field is a creative genius. Her old number 2 is doing the costumes and they are so wrong. Charlotte in that black Eurotrash look and then a sundress over a white T-short (which she is way too old for, btw)? And Miranda in a washed out plaid and what looks like poly crepe trousers with a self-belt? Carrie doesn’t offend me as much but the hair is not helping.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote] Pat Field is a creative genius. Her old number 2 is doing the costumes

Yes, those costumes absolutely do look like someone's old Number 2.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2021 4:49 AM

Guys, the reboot is going to be SOOOOOOOO good. I know everyone misses Kim, but life goes on, and the laughter and sexiness she brought to the landmark series will not be absent. That torch is being handed over to new and vibrant characters we're sure to embrace. I, for one, don't plan on missing a moment of the reboot and can't wait to fall in love with these fabulous ladies all over again.

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2021 5:32 AM

r49 And Just Like That.....SJP logged onto Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2021 5:47 AM

Thanks Sarah, er, R49

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2021 9:17 AM

Laying it on a bit thick there R49. Satire has to have at least a veneer of believability.

by Anonymousreply 52July 23, 2021 10:12 AM

Let's take a fun quiz. Are you a Carrie? An eternal romantic with an overwhelming love for Manhattan, her girlfriends, and designer shoes. Or are you a Miranda? A cynic on the surface with a huge heart and capacity to love that you keep hidden for fear of being hurt. Or are you a Charlotte? A vibrant and compassionate woman looking for that perfect fella and his stock portfolio. Or maybe you're a combination of all three? Hey, nobody fits into a nice little box, right? The only way to determine your inner "Sex and the City" girl is to watch "And Just Like That". Guys, this is going to be SO good! I know I'll be watching. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 53July 24, 2021 2:32 PM

They really need her and Big to divorce/him die for this to work. The can’t keep repeating the same thing, well I guess they can. They can show her navigating dating in her 50s, at least it’s something new. Always showing her fabulousness is just ridiculous at this point. Even her career, it’s always gone from strength to strength. Agism in the workplace is real. They won’t address any of this and if they do it’ll be wrapped up with a nice a nice little bow on top.

by Anonymousreply 54July 24, 2021 2:40 PM

R53, I'm a Samantha! ( )0( )

by Anonymousreply 55July 24, 2021 2:41 PM

[quote]They can show her navigating dating in her 50s, at least it’s something new.

Which if you wanted to add some dramatic depth would, in a reversal, have men fleeing her and forcing her to reconcile whether dressing like Patricia Field dresses you and fussing about the superficial everything, including your own soul, is indeed what a man is looking for in a 50+ year woman (whether she looks like the child of Frances Sternhagen and John Kerry or not.)

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2021 2:44 PM

SJP needs more classic tailored clothing. Her get-ups at her age look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2021 3:31 PM

With that mane, maybe the plot twist is she's taking up dressage.

by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2021 3:37 PM

I take issue with people who say that gay men were nothing more than amusing accessories in the series. Stanford was a wonderfully nuanced character. Yes, he was a bit flamboyant, but so are a ton of gay men in Manhattan. His romance with Marcus was quite touching, and I would challenge even the hardest, most bitter queen not to break down and cry when they danced at Carrie's reunion.

by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2021 3:40 PM

I cringed. But neediness repels me. As does the suspension of disbelief to unite Marcus and Stanford.

You'll noet he ended up with another nightmare cheeshay.

by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2021 3:42 PM

Rewatching the series. All four actors were so good (even Kristen stilted acting), but especially Kim. Her character got in some whacky situations and Kim really rose to challenge in making it believable

I’ll watch the reboot, but don’t think it could ever reach the greatness of the original series. And those fucked up movies don’t count.

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2021 12:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2021 1:11 AM

Cynthia Nixon looks like she'd rather be doing anything else.

by Anonymousreply 63July 26, 2021 1:45 AM

[quote]Judging by these pics, the DM is DEFINITELY Team Kim

I'm not sure they have to be. Pictures don't lie. Kristin is the most tragic. Who says 'make sure the fillers make me look fat!' Nixon looks good. Her age. Not as thing and corpsey as SJP.

This is going to be tragic.

by Anonymousreply 64July 26, 2021 3:14 AM

I can't wait for the reboot. Guys, this is going to be SO good. All three ladies look radiant and, now in their 40s, they are ready to take Manhattan by storm once again and navigate the dating scene in a drastically different Manhattan. I don't plan on missing a single minute of it, and neither should you!

by Anonymousreply 65July 26, 2021 4:31 AM

The DM is posting much more unflattering photos than other outlets. And I love it

by Anonymousreply 66July 26, 2021 4:59 AM

Caption this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2021 5:01 AM

They are going to have a talk about pronouns

by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2021 5:14 AM

The lord created covid just so people didn't have to sit thru SJP and hubby in Plaza Suite on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2021 5:15 AM

And just like that, our girl Carrie is back as if no time has passed.

by Anonymousreply 70July 26, 2021 6:11 AM

They all look so OLD.

by Anonymousreply 71July 26, 2021 8:36 AM

And just like that, this series will be forgotten weeks after it debuts.

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2021 8:42 AM

R72 the only question is, will the reboot be so bad that the fans of the original will choose to pretend that it doesn’t exist, or will it be so bad that it will retroactively cancel the entire show?

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2021 9:02 AM

Why the fuck are people calling this a reboot? It's a sequel series, or a revival series, it's NOT a reboot - I've seen Americans do this all the time and it's so annoying. Reboot would be recasting all the characters with new actors, resetting all storylines etc to the beginning. What's not clicking people!?

That out of the way - I am not excited about this series, but I will watch it as a fan of the original. Samantha was by far my favourite character and Kim not being in this definitely takes a huge amount away from it for me, I will mostly be watching out of morbid fascination to be honest as my hopes for it are not high.

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2021 10:24 AM

"Reboot" is the correct term here in the U.S. It's used interchangeably with "revival."

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2021 10:28 AM

r49 earlier called it a "piece of shit show" so I think you're all being trolled a bit here.

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2021 10:30 AM

I wonder what Kim wanted in order to do the 3rd film or show. Now all the women are paid the same for the acting?

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2021 11:04 AM

Jesus those are Cryptkeeper hands R67. She needs to wear gloves. Also a paper bag wouldn't go astray.

And what the FUCK is he wearing? Those shoes...

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2021 11:07 AM

OMG! I just noticed her FEET! Those are devil's feet R67! She needs to wear a bodybag.

by Anonymousreply 79July 26, 2021 11:11 AM

R20 and R31: But you did have to love Charlotte shitting her pants at the resort in Cancun, yes? A "no you didn't" laugh almost worth the waste of time. When the plot thins, add a fart. Always scores.

by Anonymousreply 80July 26, 2021 11:28 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Daily Beast takes a huge dump on the revival.

"It’s taken years for Sarah Jessica Parker and the two other leading ladies of HBO’s Sex and the City to be granted their wish of another installment in the hit series.

But somehow, it’s only fitting that the production of And Just Like That, the long-awaited revival, is turning out to be just as chaotic as Carrie Bradshaw’s infamously messy love life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 26, 2021 6:45 PM

r81 That's a pointless article. Just a recap of things we already knew. And that script leak could be fake for all we know.

Although I laughed at "King wrote smugly in the press release".

by Anonymousreply 82July 26, 2021 7:01 PM

Guys, ignore the naysayers. They're just jealous. The reboot is going to be huge! Trust me on this.

by Anonymousreply 83July 26, 2021 7:13 PM

R82 looks legit. And whoever Charles Hunt is...girl, you in TROUBLE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 26, 2021 7:20 PM

R82 plenty of articles are recaps. Either way, it's BAD press

by Anonymousreply 85July 27, 2021 12:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 27, 2021 7:48 PM

R86, interesting!

Maybe Kim did this for a lot more money. Good for her if she did.

by Anonymousreply 87July 27, 2021 7:55 PM

I love that they're already groveling.

by Anonymousreply 88July 27, 2021 7:58 PM

R87 I'm a freelancer and I've turned down jobs with people I can't stand because I have other options. At a certain figure would I say yes to anything? Probably. But I assume Kim's bank account has a few more zeros than mine.

by Anonymousreply 89July 27, 2021 7:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 27, 2021 8:00 PM

Jesus! That shirt SJP is wearimg in R90! I think my 6 year old niece has the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 91July 27, 2021 8:14 PM

And Just Like That is a Covid induced hallucination.

Pay it no mind.

by Anonymousreply 92July 27, 2021 8:17 PM

R77 I think SJP is still paid a ton more? What exactly does she do as an Exec Producer that commands so much?

If she'd really wanted Kim back she would have offered her (and the others) more money and better writing than MPK was providing.

Don't forget the SATC 3 script had Samantha being sexted by Miranda's teen son. It sounded like it would be awful to play.

Kim was honest in that she did the movies to fund her old age. She hasn't yet admitted the second is an abomination though..

by Anonymousreply 93July 27, 2021 8:21 PM

I think Kim has been too emphatic in saying she's done to return now, even for a cameo

by Anonymousreply 94July 27, 2021 8:32 PM

Well that confirms Samantha isn't dead. My guess is she moved to LA.

by Anonymousreply 95July 27, 2021 8:33 PM

I bet that bitchy Willie Garston is hoping he's upgraded to 4th girl status now.

by Anonymousreply 96July 27, 2021 8:34 PM

Part of the problem is there no free speech now and the characters can't speak plainly like in the 90s. They will all have to be woke

by Anonymousreply 97July 27, 2021 8:37 PM

So they want Kim Cattrall back. I guess they are not that confident they can do without her.

Hold out for big bucks, Kim!

by Anonymousreply 98July 27, 2021 8:42 PM

There is plenty of free speech all day, every day, everywhere.

Your right to free speech is freedom from the government stopping your speech.

Is the government stopping any speech on this piece of shit movie? No it is not, therefore freedom of speech continues without interruption.

When you don't understand the Bill of Rights and what they mean, don't yammer on about them. You just look like a dumb cunt, R97, which doubtless is exactly what you are.

by Anonymousreply 99July 27, 2021 8:49 PM

SJP is really pathetic, I’m actually sort of shocked. First off the clinging to this dead show. Secondly, Kim C dissed her beyond measure publicly and she’s still hoping she’ll come back? Does she have an dignity at all?

by Anonymousreply 100July 27, 2021 8:57 PM

Good point r95. Didn’t even think of that

by Anonymousreply 101July 27, 2021 9:06 PM

Kim Cattrall doesn't want anything to do with this shitshow. SJP and the others know the show won't be successful without her and have resorted to publicly begging her to return.

by Anonymousreply 102July 27, 2021 11:08 PM

SJP has already about the show with Kim in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 28, 2021 12:22 AM

Instagram 2/10/2018:

Kimcattrall: My mom asked me today, “When will that @sarahjessicaparker, that hypocrite, leave you alone?” Your continuous reaching out is a painful reminder of how cruel you really were then and now. Let me make this VERY clear. (If I haven’t already) You are not my family. You are not my friend. So I’m writing to tell you one last time to stop exploiting our tragedy in order to restore your ‘nice girl’ persona. Copy and paste link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 28, 2021 12:33 AM

"See Kim? Look how much fun we're having"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 28, 2021 1:46 AM

already TALKED about the show*

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2021 1:51 AM

What did SJP do to Kim that was so “cruel”?

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2021 1:58 AM

R107 would love to know the whole story. Bet it’s a doozy

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2021 2:05 AM

If Davis or Nixon has declined to come back instead, would anyone care half as much? I doubt it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 28, 2021 2:26 AM

Two years ago, Kristin Davis, 55, who plays prissy Upper East Sider Charlotte, posted a nostalgic photo on Instagram from the 2004 Emmy Awards, showing herself, Parker and Cynthia Nixon (who plays Miranda) beaming next to two glistening statuettes — won by Parker and Nixon for their performances. Nowhere to be seen? Cattrall.

“Super happy memories and wishing joy to everyone tonight,” Davis’ caption coos. “We are all so incredibly lucky to get to do what we do!”

That night, a party was thrown for the final season, and, as Page Six reported at the time, Cattrall was the only one of the four to not be invited because she had yet to sign onto the planned film. (She eventually did, and it was released in 2008.) The whole evening, Cattrall was persona non grata in a pink Pamella Roland gown.

“No one talked to Kim except for when [Parker] won her award and kissed her,” a source said. “That kiss was staged.”

The Post’s Cindy Adams reported in 2009 that, during the nearly two months when the women were filming “Sex and the City 2” in Morocco, there was no friendly socializing off-screen. They even slept in separate luxury hotels.

Cattrall and Davis both stayed at the Amanjena, Parker at La Mamounia and Nixon at the Es Saadi. One night, Cattrall and Davis had overlapping dinner reservations in the same restaurant, and didn’t sit with each other.

When Nixon, 54, unsuccessfully ran for New York governor in 2018, Parker donated $5,000 to the campaign, and Davis handed over $2,000. Cattrall’s only endorsement came in a tweet: “I support & respect any former colleague’s right to make their own career choices.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 28, 2021 2:33 AM

Nobody who has commented on their feud has had a nice thing to say about Kim. I wonder why?!?! I love SJP! She radiates warmth and compassion. She's the real deal, and I don't believe for a minute she did anything cruel to Kim.

by Anonymousreply 111July 28, 2021 3:26 AM

Frau alert at R111

by Anonymousreply 112July 28, 2021 3:34 AM

R122 it's Willie Garson I'm sure

by Anonymousreply 113July 28, 2021 3:49 AM

They should have just recast Samantha, maybe cast Jean Smart to play a more demure Samatha.

by Anonymousreply 114July 28, 2021 4:16 AM

R113 who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 115July 28, 2021 8:21 AM

[quote]the door is open for her to return. If she ever changes her mind, she can come back.'

Cattrall was asked to comment, and, just like that, she films a couple of squirrels cascading down a tree in a spiral motion on her IG account.

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2021 8:29 AM

SJP channeling Jinnah at R105.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 28, 2021 8:33 AM

[quote]Catch me if you can..!

by Anonymousreply 118July 28, 2021 8:34 AM

r31 You mean not every Arab butler named Abdul is gay?

by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2021 9:30 AM

That would be an amusing subplot. Sam has ghosted "the girls" and they are trying to chase her down across Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 120July 28, 2021 10:31 AM

Really looking forward to see their dresses. I think their outfits is the 5th character in SATc. The more hideous they are , the better . And basing from leaked photos, they are.

by Anonymousreply 121July 28, 2021 11:09 AM

The clothing is atrocious. In ops photo it’s like she’s thrown in a pink sheet. Her hair looks like shit. This pandering bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 122July 28, 2021 11:26 AM

I swear you guys are going to fall in love with these ladies all over again. And just like that, after being negative about the reboot, you'll quickly change your tune after viewing the first five minutes!

by Anonymousreply 123July 28, 2021 2:01 PM

R123 why? Are they dead?

by Anonymousreply 124July 28, 2021 4:17 PM

I don't understand how they could have been "days from filming" their "beautiful, amazing" third movie if Kim hadn't signed, it makes no sense. Did Nixon or Davis ever confirm they were so close to filming?

Bitchy lapdog Willie G was the main one to perpetuate this lie, like he'd been denied the role of a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 125July 28, 2021 4:21 PM

R12 no studio would've spent all the money to get everything set up if there were no cast contracts. You have to pay people for preproduction. It would've been a MESS

by Anonymousreply 126July 28, 2021 5:11 PM

It's sad Carrie still looks like an unmade bed. At her age, that look is... homeless.

by Anonymousreply 127July 28, 2021 8:28 PM

Cynthia Nixon at R109 looks like she wants to spit on SJP's head.

by Anonymousreply 128July 28, 2021 11:29 PM

Candy Bergen did warn Carrie about the "unintended Diane Arbus subtext" in the first Sex and The City movie...

by Anonymousreply 129July 28, 2021 11:39 PM

They made SJP hair way too full. To many extensions.

It looks like a funny fake wig

by Anonymousreply 130July 28, 2021 11:40 PM

Guys, I know a lot of you miss Kim, but have no fear, her trademark outrageous sexiness will not be lacking in the reboot. This is going to be SO good!

by Anonymousreply 131July 29, 2021 1:04 AM

Yeah, the bruiser Sara Ramirez will be all that sexiness and more.

by Anonymousreply 132July 29, 2021 1:08 AM

I couldn't help but wonder.. Will Carrie finally get her tits out?

by Anonymousreply 133July 29, 2021 1:12 AM

Does Carrie have any tits to speak of?

by Anonymousreply 134July 29, 2021 1:16 AM

SJP has huge jugs.

by Anonymousreply 135July 29, 2021 1:16 AM

Will I also get asked back?

by Anonymousreply 136July 29, 2021 1:49 AM

Over my dead body, R136

by Anonymousreply 137July 29, 2021 1:52 AM

Nice hat!

by Anonymousreply 138July 29, 2021 1:56 AM

r136 r137 Ladies, Ladies! You're both *awful*.

by Anonymousreply 139July 29, 2021 1:59 AM

I hate to tell you, R139, but you were stolen from another movie.

by Anonymousreply 140July 29, 2021 2:01 AM

I liked that they were able to speak freely in the series and not be politically correct. This is going to be a big hurdle for the new series and the times we live in

by Anonymousreply 141July 29, 2021 2:03 AM

Why is Cynthia even doing this? Certainly she doesn't need the money, and enjoys her political endeavors, and she looks absolutely miserable in every shot they've released.

by Anonymousreply 142July 29, 2021 2:03 AM

Retirement money

by Anonymousreply 143July 29, 2021 2:26 AM

None of them can believe we need to know what's happening for them now. The first movie was event, the second a money-grabbing piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 144July 29, 2021 2:27 AM

SJP always made sure to portray gay men and lesbians in a positive light on SATC, so you should love her and the show if just for that.

by Anonymousreply 145July 29, 2021 2:37 AM

Yeah, Stanford is such a beacon.

by Anonymousreply 146July 29, 2021 2:40 AM

Stanford and Marcus had some really touching moments. The Nathan Lane episode was especially poignant. Mario Cantone was hysterical. Samantha's lesbian affair was tastefully handled, as was Carrie's relationship with the hot bi guy. I think the show had a lot of respect for its gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 147July 29, 2021 2:43 AM

[Quote]Why is Cynthia even doing this...she looks absolutely miserable in every shot they've released.

Somebody has to bring home the bacon for Rojo Caliente!

by Anonymousreply 148July 29, 2021 3:04 AM

Rojo Caliente wants a new Winnebago.

by Anonymousreply 149July 29, 2021 3:12 AM

"Mario Cantone was hysterical."

I'm not sure this means what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 150July 29, 2021 1:31 PM

R150 he was hysterically sobbing when he read in the script he had to marry Willie Garson

by Anonymousreply 151July 29, 2021 5:14 PM

I think Kim will be open to making a cameo appearance eventually. Maybe through a phone call on a separate set, like they did to Suzanne Sommers on Three's Company.

by Anonymousreply 152July 29, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote]They made SJP hair way too full. To many extensions. It looks like a funny fake wig

It [bold][italic]IS[/bold][/italic] a funny fake wig.

And I have to admit the publicist troll is actually growing on me! It's kind of like the sinking of Titanic scenes, with jokes!

by Anonymousreply 153July 29, 2021 8:27 PM

r147 "I think the show had a lot of respect for its gay characters."

you mean its gay caricatures

by Anonymousreply 154July 29, 2021 10:08 PM

How were they caricatures? Stanny had some very poignant moments, and Mario Cantone was very funny and scathingly bitchy. They went out of their way to show these characters as real human beings, and not just as accessories, on of these ladies "my gays".

by Anonymousreply 155July 29, 2021 10:12 PM

They literally referred to "Stanny" (you typing that makes me want to punch you) and Anthony as their gay best friends all the time.

Maria, Samantha's lesbian lover, was portrayed as a shrill, controlling bitch. They perpetuated the sterotype that Latin lovers and lesbians are loco.

When Charlotte befriends the power lesbians early on on the series, they portray them as cliquey bitches who won't allow Charlotte to hang with them unless she licks pussy.

When Carrie dates that gorgeous bisexual man, the eponymous sex columnist is freaked out that he "can't pick a lane" or words to that effect from memory. When Carrie was kissed by guest star Alanis Morissette, she made some stupid little joke about it being like chicken. For a woman whose entire career is founded upon the fact that she "knows sex and isn't afraid to ask" she sure was a judgemental prude.

Don't even get me started on the absolute cartoons she turned the only recurring gay characters into. These men were nothing more than token characters. I don't think the writers handled homosexuality with respect on this show at all.

by Anonymousreply 156July 30, 2021 3:35 AM

There are tons of flamboyant gay men in Manhattan who rather enjoy hanging with straight female friends, and vice versa, to gossip and discuss fashion, so how is that a stereotype? Not every urban gay man is a cock-starved circuit whore. Would you have been happier if they had been portrayed as super-promiscuous, tina-addicted sluts?

by Anonymousreply 157July 30, 2021 4:19 AM

The only time they did a gay character justice was in the episode where Carrie befriends the Australian shoe designer. I don't see why the two recurring gay characters had to be flaming clowns. They were very unlikable. But that's just my two cents. However, I'm critiquing a show became a farcical fairytale when SJP became an exec producer, so really I don't know why I expected anything resembling real life.

by Anonymousreply 158July 30, 2021 4:32 AM

The only things I disagree with in your list, R156, are the 2nd and 3rd items. Samantha's lesbian fling Maria was treated no differently than all the men she dallied with over the years (until they got to Smith). In fact, most all the men that all four women were paired with, either as one episode stories or more extended, turned out to have big flaws. You can count on one hand the times when it was the women to blame for things not working out. So why should a woman who comes into Samantha's life be treated any differently? And actually, Maria came off not so terribly. She was trying to have a relationship with a woman who A- wasn't a lesbian and B- Wasn't monogamous. That didn't make her a bad person.

As far as the lesbian clique, they all actually seemed super cool and fun, and were completely right to keep Charlotte at arms length for their lesbian group outings. No one told Charlotte she couldn't hang with them one on one, but it was a gay group. If you had a group of gay me you hung with and took trips with, etc, and a straight guy or a woman wanted to crash that party, you'd feel the same way.

by Anonymousreply 159July 30, 2021 4:33 AM

Michael Patrick King destroyed all good will with that tone deaf second movie.

by Anonymousreply 160July 30, 2021 4:53 AM

The only reality-check in the second Sex and the City movie was when Carrie asked Big, "Am I just a bitch wife who nags you?"

by Anonymousreply 161July 30, 2021 11:30 AM

Mock her all you want and make your lame horse jokes, but Carrie Bradshaw is a huge TV icon, right up there with characters like Archie Bunker, Rhoda Morgenstern, J.R. Ewing, Maude, the Fonz, etc. That is some feat, and is a testament to SJP's talent and the phenomenal writing on the show.

by Anonymousreply 162July 30, 2021 1:34 PM

[quote] Am I just a bitch wife who nags you?

She was certainly correct about being a nag.

by Anonymousreply 163July 30, 2021 1:39 PM

The outfits do look horrible and make Carrie seem demented

by Anonymousreply 164July 30, 2021 1:49 PM

To a certain group of people, R162! Mention those names to 3/4 of the country under 30-hell, even under 40 probably and you'd be met with blank stares.

by Anonymousreply 165July 30, 2021 3:00 PM

Maybe Big kicked her out, she couldn’t get access to her closet, so she’s dressing from a clothes donation box?

by Anonymousreply 166July 30, 2021 3:14 PM

I don’t understand bringing in old characters. Like I got Aidan, but that was before Big signed on. So what is the point? I hope they don’t completely gloss over the fact that he was married with multiple kids last we saw him. Natasha I completely don’t get. She was long gone after the short arc. Seems like she is in multiple episodes.

by Anonymousreply 167July 30, 2021 4:00 PM

Cynthia has resting death stare

by Anonymousreply 168July 30, 2021 4:04 PM

Horse face is delusional but it’s interesting that no one has come out to support Kim. Are they all just sycophants circling the wagons?

by Anonymousreply 169July 30, 2021 4:06 PM

^ Horseface also seems like a vengeful and vindictive cunt. Far wiser to stay in her good books, even if it's at the cost of alienating Kim (who seems like she couldn't be bothered pursuing every last grudge, anyway).

by Anonymousreply 170July 30, 2021 4:25 PM

As was commented upthread, the final episode of the original series was beautifully done and a fitting end. The comparison added to the cringe-worthiness of the films (not that they needed any assistance)… …not unlike the Downton Abbey movie compared to the series…

by Anonymousreply 171July 30, 2021 4:54 PM

SJP is posting here again at R162

by Anonymousreply 172July 31, 2021 3:18 AM

Jason Lewis is another turncoat who through Kim under the bus so he could vocally support SJP, hoping for his 3 minutes of screen time in SATC 3. He looks rough

by Anonymousreply 173July 31, 2021 8:32 AM

Threw*

by Anonymousreply 174July 31, 2021 2:32 PM

It’s all about $$$$$$. They probably been offered a lot of money to do this.

by Anonymousreply 175July 31, 2021 10:00 PM

Would anyone want to see the Smith character without Samantha?

by Anonymousreply 176July 31, 2021 10:49 PM

Lol R176 have you seen him recently?

by Anonymousreply 177August 1, 2021 8:32 AM

Jason Lewis is a gorgeous blond stud. Absolutely drool-worthy. Always has been. Always will be.

by Anonymousreply 178August 1, 2021 5:54 PM

R178=Jason Lewis

by Anonymousreply 179August 1, 2021 7:56 PM

R179 Lewis has looked like microwaved shite for years

by Anonymousreply 180August 1, 2021 8:07 PM

I think it's sweet and very telling that Jason sided with SJP over KC. SJP is sweet, down to earth and compassionate, and she has her head screwed on straight. Not sure the same can be said about KC.

by Anonymousreply 181August 2, 2021 1:12 AM

SJP is a monster.

by Anonymousreply 182August 2, 2021 1:27 AM

SJP is very maternal and nurturing. She is no monster.

by Anonymousreply 183August 2, 2021 1:34 AM

SJP rations Vaseline. That tells me all I need to know about her.

by Anonymousreply 184August 2, 2021 1:02 PM

SJP grew up poor. She doesn't take anything for granted, because she knows how easily success can turn to tragedy and she would be out on the streets. It's refreshing to find a Hollywood A-lister not consumed with acquiring endless ultimately meaningless material goods.

by Anonymousreply 185August 2, 2021 1:27 PM

For sure I thought they would have killed Big. I don’t want to see Carrie and Big be “off again” and fight. Been there, done that. Not that I want Big to be dead either, but at least that would move the story forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 2, 2021 4:58 PM

Seriously, R186, everything she's wearing now screams costume.

by Anonymousreply 187August 2, 2021 5:03 PM

I just rewatched What's Up Doc? and SJP really stole all her "cutesy" Carrie mannerisms from Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 188August 2, 2021 5:54 PM

Are you comparing SJP to Streisand That's laughable. Streisand is not an attractive woman. SJP is objectively very attractive and has a great rack.

by Anonymousreply 189August 2, 2021 11:44 PM

Babs is attractive in What's Up, Doc? Sexy, even. (although not as sexy as Ryan)

by Anonymousreply 190August 2, 2021 11:53 PM

Chris Noth is fat.

by Anonymousreply 191August 2, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote] SJP is objectively very attractive

🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 192August 3, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote]SJP is objectively very attractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 3, 2021 12:51 AM

[Quote]SJP is objectively very attractive

May need your glasses checked.

by Anonymousreply 194August 3, 2021 1:47 PM

Carrie catches Big and Samantha fucking in the pantry. She bludgeons them both to death with her expensive meat cleaver and goes to trial for murder. Miranda and Harry defend her. She is found guilty and sentenced to death…and just like that.

by Anonymousreply 195August 3, 2021 3:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 20, 2021 11:38 PM

Who wore it better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 21, 2021 12:58 AM

Jesus they all look like old ladies ! Their favorite bar should be called the Wrinkle Room.

by Anonymousreply 198October 21, 2021 1:27 AM

OMG. My eyes! My eyes!

At r196, Parker is wearing Ivana Trump’s discarded Czech Folk Fair frock & ‘do.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 199October 21, 2021 1:43 AM

SJP really is a natural beauty. Certainly, she's more attractive than Cynthia and Kristen aka the Joker.

by Anonymousreply 200October 21, 2021 1:54 AM

R200 = Matthew Broderick

by Anonymousreply 201October 21, 2021 10:50 AM

She was pretty on S5.

by Anonymousreply 202October 21, 2021 10:51 AM

I honestly don't know what they are trying to achieve with how they're styling Carrie. It's absurd and laughable. They are going to be roasted and they deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 203October 21, 2021 11:15 AM

R200, Whoa, there, in the final stretch, SJP just noses out those other beauties.

by Anonymousreply 204October 21, 2021 11:17 AM

Why canter detractors acknowledge her unbridled beauty?

by Anonymousreply 205October 21, 2021 11:19 AM

I can't wait for the very special episode with John Kerry as her long lost father.

by Anonymousreply 206October 21, 2021 11:27 AM

R203 Haters gonna hate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 21, 2021 12:30 PM

[quote][R203] Haters gonna hate.

Hatters gonna hate, too.

by Anonymousreply 208October 21, 2021 12:38 PM

How can you fellas mock her so much? She's a tried and true New Yorker and has been a wonderful ally to the LGBTQ+ community over the years, and this is how you repay her? She deserves much better than your scorn. Much better!

by Anonymousreply 209October 21, 2021 2:31 PM

Nice try, Cantone.

by Anonymousreply 210October 21, 2021 3:21 PM

See Amber Corwin as Carrie Bradshaw in “Sex in the City on Ice”.

by Anonymousreply 211October 21, 2021 4:36 PM

Those outfits are OTT and unsuitable.

by Anonymousreply 212October 22, 2021 4:42 AM

R209 a lot of people don't like being taking for dumb. Tevcast are trying to sell us "we want to do this for the audience, we all love these characters and wanted to revisit them for the fans" when in fact it's just a cynical cash grab (and attempt at recovering faded popularity).

I respect that Kim bluntly said she did the movies in large part for her financial security.

by Anonymousreply 213October 22, 2021 4:46 AM

So there are now pictures of her filming with Tenney... are they going to bring back every ex? And miraculously they are all single and forever into Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 214October 23, 2021 2:15 PM

R209 We mock her because we love her, and she looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 215October 23, 2021 2:25 PM

Sometimes you are kind when you're cruel.

Though not all the time.

by Anonymousreply 216October 23, 2021 2:41 PM

Her hair! It’s so outdated even for a young woman, to be doing the middle part long extensions mermaid wave thing in 2021 and past the age of 30 is so crazy. The real housewives and Meg markle have the same weird obsession w the look. I always want to walk up to these types with scissors and chop off about ten inches just to give them some dignity in their older age

by Anonymousreply 217November 22, 2021 9:26 PM

I sometimes wonder if all that hair is a deliberate strategy to pull focus from other parts of their figures they aren't happy about as their bodies age. I mean, if you want to look like an Afghan Hound or the Lion King, fill your boots. I live in a pretty big city and walk my dog all in different areas twice a day. I don't see real women in real life with hair like that, so I wonder if it is particularly a celebrity affliction.

by Anonymousreply 218November 23, 2021 2:10 PM

Guys, am I the only one counting down to the premier?!?! 'm marking the days off on my fabulous SATC calendar! I can hardly wait. It's a dream come true for some many of us. Our ladies are back and better and sexier than ever. I can't wait to see what new romantic and sexual shenanigans they get up to as they navigate a brand new New York City. We've all waited so long, AND JUST LIKE THAT, they're back in our lives. Guys, this is going to be sooooooo good!

by Anonymousreply 219November 23, 2021 6:47 PM

You’re the only one, and if it’s as annoying as you are, it will die a quick, merciful death…

by Anonymousreply 220November 23, 2021 8:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221November 23, 2021 10:46 PM

For some reason, I can’t post on the other SATC thread. As soon as I begin typing, it goes to an error message. Does that indicate a problem with the thread, or have I been blocked from posting there?

by Anonymousreply 222November 28, 2021 12:12 AM

I’m gonna hate watch the fuck outta this

by Anonymousreply 223November 28, 2021 12:59 AM

Premieres tomorrow. I may watch the first episode out of curiousity but I cannot stand the Carrie character any more.

by Anonymousreply 224December 9, 2021 12:31 AM

This is more accurate now than ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 9, 2021 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!