Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The SATC Ladies on Day 1 of filming the revival

This is so embarrassing. Omg. No.

And why is it called “And Just Like That” instead of SATC???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601July 20, 2021 9:19 PM

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2021 4:34 PM

Wow. Cynthia looks terrible from head to toe.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2021 4:37 PM

They’re starting to resemble circus clowns

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2021 4:38 PM

Cynthia and Kristin both look as if invisible guns are drawn to their heads. Look at those grim faces.

Of course, SJP is ecstatic enough for all three of them.

I hope Kim C is somewhere laughing.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2021 4:38 PM

Sorry, it just doesn’t work without Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2021 4:38 PM

Look at SJP's bondage dom shoes. That gingham Bavarian skirt.

Good to know that Carrie will be bringing the Wacky to this latest chapter.

PS: I strongly suspect that's not all natural hair atop her head.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2021 4:40 PM

Cynthia looks great. They always uglied her up on purpose for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2021 4:40 PM

Charlotte is looking thic.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2021 4:40 PM

Cynthia and Kristen are such lapdogs for SJP. This is what they deserve

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2021 4:41 PM

Kristin's upper lip should get its own ZIP code.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2021 4:42 PM

Horseface could probably shatter a camera with that mug

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2021 4:43 PM

Oof.

I don’t know why I expected better from Nixon. She’s not a serious woman, she’s a poseur.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2021 4:45 PM

I’m not a big fan and clearly this is more about $$ than anything else, but (go ahead and laugh at me) I think SJP looks pretty good here, better than in other recent shots. Then again, maybe it’s been photoshopped to death. I even like Cynthia’s look. But Kristin looks so uncomfortable from head to toe I cringe just looking at her. What the heck did she do to her face?

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2021 4:48 PM

I can't say shit because I know HBO Max will get me to watch this as they do with all their new shows that aren't crime dramas. This may end up as a fun hate watch thing on DL.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Cut me a break, kids.

I have a kid and a great big lesbian husband at home to feed. Do you think I chose this?

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2021 4:50 PM

big fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2021 4:54 PM

They all look terrible and Kristen looks uncomfortable

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2021 4:58 PM

If they do another sequel in 10 years, will they all have designer walkers, canes and orthopedic shoes?

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2021 5:04 PM

This show is gonna be such a trainwreck. I can't wait to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2021 5:04 PM

Cynthia looks the best of the three, although it's a bloody easy win.

The entire thing looks photoshopped... three separate images grafted on to a street scene and that's before the erasure of any human qualities to the faces.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2021 5:08 PM

Sextette and the City.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2021 5:08 PM

Ever since the show ended it was so easy to figure how to get more right - yet they fuck it up every time.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2021 5:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2021 5:11 PM

Oof, Kristin's face work does NOT flatter her.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2021 5:15 PM

And OP's pic is after Olympian photoshopping.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2021 5:17 PM

I would imagine they're each making enough money to go out and buy a super nice condo.

Something that's in a dream location. They can be really picky and spend the extra on the bigger kitchen, the extra room with the walk-in closet.

All the extras. NIce balcony. rooftop pool. nice neighbors.

I'd love to live in a place like that.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2021 5:18 PM

OMG they look amazing! I’m so excited! Kristin Davis went a little overboard with the fillers, but overall stunning.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2021 5:19 PM

R27, you forgot to add “yaaaaasssss kween!!!”

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2021 5:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2021 5:25 PM

Oh my god. I can't believe they're going through with this. I know grandmothers who look younger than these women, even with all the work they've had done. Hell, I look younger than they do and I'm a 63-year-old lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2021 5:25 PM

Hmm. I don't think they look so bad, especially compared to some of the horrific outfits they wore on the original show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2021 5:26 PM

R31 well jumpers were in during the 90s

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2021 5:27 PM

R21 wins. You may now close the Thread.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2021 5:29 PM

Is Miranda now a butch lesbian? They grey hair and the pant suit - not feeling it. Bring back the red hair and sundresses please.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2021 5:30 PM

R34, I always thought Miranda was a lesbian. I never really watched the show, but that was my impression. Did that character ever “dabble”?

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2021 5:32 PM

Can you imagine all the legendary threads we’re going to create about this release! Please quit acting like you don’t care. This is the best news in years!

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2021 5:33 PM

I love SJP’s look here. So glad cunt Kim isn’t in this. I hope her character gets written off as dying from cooter cancer. The entire cast and crew hated her. Davis is a nasty piece of work, too. Glad she fucked up her face. She’s one of those “don’t look me in the eyes” bitches.

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2021 5:34 PM

I think they look pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2021 5:34 PM

R37 = SJP

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2021 5:35 PM

My God. Cynthia Nixon looks like she is hating every minute until she can cash her paycheck and go home to her hubbie.

Davis looks like a post-stroke dummy - seriously, not only is her face as expressionless as a mannequin, but it's also asymmetrical.

SJP is trying to look like the cat that got the cream, back on top - take that, Kim C! But I think I detect a note of desperation and a realisation that she's gone a bridge too far and is making a fool of herself.

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2021 5:35 PM

Should I sching Schwannee?

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2021 5:36 PM

The problem here is the styling. They didn't bring Patricia Field back, now some other people are doing the styling and it's noticeable:

Kristin Davis has a really hot ensemble, but it doesn't look like Charlotte's usual style. The off-the-shoulder look isn't Charlotte. Neither is the super-curvy look. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's different. Maybe Charlotte is finally loving her body and is ditching the "Hamptons" style.

Cynthia's look is way too different. I understand that styles change and people try new things, but this total washout look is not flattering and is not even close to Miranda's style, except maybe the "boho butch" slacks.

SJP looks closest to Carrie's style, but I bet she micromanages her looks as a producer.

by Anonymousreply 42July 9, 2021 5:36 PM

R29 Grannies and the City

by Anonymousreply 43July 9, 2021 5:38 PM

R13 I don't think this is about money. Don't SJP and Broderick have money to burn?? This is insanity of ego. She's deluded herself into thinking people actually want this. Hell, has she ever even admitted the movies are garbage?

by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2021 5:40 PM

R44 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 45July 9, 2021 5:41 PM

I don’t want to hear any negativity about this release from anyone who didn’t watch the originally airing episodes in the 90s. Those of us that did have special memories and bonds with characters that are very real. We understand this won’t be as special as the original series, but we still have very real feelings for the characters. I know it’s in our nature here to shit on everything, but this should be excepted.

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2021 5:43 PM

R46 Calm down, girl

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2021 5:44 PM

I was dragged to the first movie in 2008 and witnessed a screaming cat fight between two women over seats in the movie theater. It was the best part of the whole experience. This was at the Irvine Spectrum

by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2021 5:45 PM

R46 = SJP's accountant

by Anonymousreply 49July 9, 2021 5:45 PM

Remember when our PR intern trolls used to at least try? Now we get third rate shills like R46

by Anonymousreply 50July 9, 2021 5:46 PM

Kristin’s plastic surgery face is giving me Britney-on-Instagram vibes

by Anonymousreply 51July 9, 2021 5:47 PM

R46 you felt a special bond with Carrie Bradshaw? Are you a vapid materialistic irresponsible woman-child?

by Anonymousreply 52July 9, 2021 5:47 PM

R48 a guy brought the first movie over to my dorm to watch on a date. it was so bad, I didn't put out.

by Anonymousreply 53July 9, 2021 5:47 PM

More photos!!!

This is gonna be a trainwreck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 9, 2021 5:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 9, 2021 5:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 9, 2021 5:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 9, 2021 5:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 9, 2021 5:52 PM

R55 Damn. They’re really rough. The outfits look even worse without photoshop

by Anonymousreply 59July 9, 2021 5:53 PM

R56 you made my day with that image. SJP looks like Norma Desmond, ready for her closeup. Cynthia Nixon looks like she regrets her existence.

by Anonymousreply 60July 9, 2021 5:56 PM

SJP's stance at R55 is freaking me out. It looks like her torso is resting on two leg-shaped supports.

by Anonymousreply 61July 9, 2021 5:56 PM

How much are Nixon and Davis being paid to humiliate themselves for this? R56 is OOF

by Anonymousreply 62July 9, 2021 5:56 PM

R62 not enough

by Anonymousreply 63July 9, 2021 5:58 PM

Kristen Davis’s face—eeek! I just don’t get why women do this to their faces. Does she think she looks good?

by Anonymousreply 64July 9, 2021 6:00 PM

Also there is too much beige and white going on with Nixon's mug. She looks waaay too washed out.

by Anonymousreply 65July 9, 2021 6:02 PM

Making fun of their ridiculous outfits was half the fun of the original show. If I had run into Carrie on the street in some of those Patricia Field specials, I wouldn't have been able to contain my laughter.

by Anonymousreply 66July 9, 2021 6:03 PM

The dailies are already leaking!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 9, 2021 6:03 PM

R37 Sarah Jessica! So good to see you here. Can I just call you Sarah? I find “Sarah Jessica” such a mouthful and a rather déclassé name to be honest. Speaking of being honest, I’m so glad you are finally saying what you REALLY think. All those passive-aggressive swipes at Kim over the years just don’t satisfy in the same way as a good old-fashioned rant. How is Matthew? Still sleeping in separate bedrooms I trust?

by Anonymousreply 68July 9, 2021 6:21 PM

In R55, if it is worth anything, both actresses are wearing wedding rings... so don't know if that's the actresses or the characters.

by Anonymousreply 69July 9, 2021 6:27 PM

^ Well, I assume that Cynthia won't let a prize like Rojo Caliente get away too quickly! Would you?

by Anonymousreply 70July 9, 2021 6:30 PM

Op is getting confused - it's the Hocus Pocus gals in their witch attires.

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2021 6:35 PM

Where is Kristen in all the other photos? Is she in hiding?

by Anonymousreply 72July 9, 2021 6:39 PM

^ Why don't YOU try being a waxwork maker in New York in the summer?

by Anonymousreply 73July 9, 2021 6:41 PM

R72 wouldn't you be?

by Anonymousreply 74July 9, 2021 6:42 PM

R46 has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 75July 9, 2021 6:58 PM

SJP really is doing the most, all the time.

Her dressing room must haves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 9, 2021 7:03 PM

Did they kill off Miranda?

by Anonymousreply 77July 9, 2021 8:06 PM

SJP probably talked Cynthia into doing it or she’s doing it out of loyalty. I will say she looks the best and I’m glad that she’s not a redhead. Kristen strikes out on every level. It’s like they’re trying to turn her into Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 78July 9, 2021 8:27 PM

Gurl the makeup and botox involved to make them camera ready could probably finance a small country.

by Anonymousreply 79July 9, 2021 9:18 PM

I think Kristin looks just fine.

by Anonymousreply 80July 9, 2021 9:41 PM

It’s weird how they’re all older and we’re not.

by Anonymousreply 81July 9, 2021 9:48 PM

Why did they not bring back the original costume designer? That dress SJP is wearing makes her ass look enormous. I feel like the pic at r57 portrays the accurate vibe on the set

by Anonymousreply 82July 9, 2021 9:53 PM

R57 is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 83July 9, 2021 9:55 PM

So was the mistake leaving SJP's weird-ass show laces out or tucking them in so they looked like platform Mary Janes? One shot has them out and that's the main photo HBO Max released. Both ways it looked ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 84July 9, 2021 10:01 PM

shoe, not show...

by Anonymousreply 85July 9, 2021 10:01 PM

Cynthia looks good, imo. Love her pants. Banded collar shirt could have had one button unbuttoned.

It does seem like Cynthia & Kristen are in it for the money only.

I watched a couple of the original episodes and it wasn’t my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 86July 9, 2021 10:04 PM

Also, Cynthia’s eyebrows are too washed out with the heavy eye makeup.

by Anonymousreply 87July 9, 2021 10:05 PM

They look nice old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 88July 9, 2021 10:06 PM

The original show is very much an artifact of its time and place. That whole early 2000 Manhattan boom when trust funders were moving to the city in droves and gentrification was the thing. But it's a completely different climate today. Manhattan is struggling post COVID. And with diversity being the in thing in entertainment, the trials and tribulations of three ultra privileged white woman just seems so passé.

Friends had more of a case to do a revival, and even they decided to just do a simple reunion show. SJP should've read the room.

I don't picture this getting much of an audience aside from fans of the original who just want to play catch up. And how long will that last beyond the opening episode?

Cattrall must be laughing her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 89July 9, 2021 10:17 PM

Cynthia works a lot and was doing fine without SATC. Kristen needs the work. Greedy SJP wants the money. Kim passed and held onto her dignity. She’s the winner.

by Anonymousreply 90July 9, 2021 10:19 PM

I enjoy SATC. I still watch reruns. There were storylines that grated on my nerves like Charlotte and Trey which lasted too long, Carrie and Big which wore thin- but overall it didn’t paint Carrie in the most positive light always which was a change of pace at the time. Samantha was hysterical.

SJP looks A LOT better. Nixon will need touch ups in editing. Davis looks fine. Still good skin tone and a bit more curvy but not chunky at all.

If any of you watched Guiding Light, Beth Chamberlin (she played Beth Raines) would be a perfect replacement for Samantha. She’s in her 50s but looks super hot and has some of Catrell’s mannerisms.

A lot of people are looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 91July 9, 2021 10:19 PM

The ageist comments aren’t necessary since most of you are over 80. Some of you act like life ends after 50. I hope not or I’ve got 14 years.

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]And with diversity being the in thing in entertainment, the trials and tribulations of three ultra privileged white woman just seems so passé.

Well, that's why they've added a token Latinx nonbinary character, just to please the woke crowd like you.

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2021 10:25 PM

R92 - Enjoy the remainder of your 30s like your life depends on it. Fuck every single man you can. Your 40s will be filled with chasing the dreams you think you can still make happen (spoiler alert: they won’t happen) and by your 50s you’ll be too tired and invisible in society to make anything happen. You’ve got about 4 years, and then life is just subsisting until you die.

by Anonymousreply 94July 9, 2021 10:28 PM

Kristin has Lara Flynn Boyle lip.

by Anonymousreply 95July 9, 2021 10:31 PM

R94 Well, reading the attitudes of those here I can see why this is so. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. I’ll be fine. My friend took care of himself and has gotten plenty of sexiness his 40s. He’s 48 now.

I heard one of the storylines is about bad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 96July 9, 2021 10:34 PM

Unpopular opinion: I couldn't stand Kim Cattrall's voice and way of speaking on SATC. I realize these 4 characters were somewhat cartoonish by design, but KC's talking was too mannered and I didn't find it funny or interesting.

SJP's character's voice was irritating in that she was always whining or on the verge of tears.

I also didn't buy 4 friends (women or otherwise) not having more petty beefs with each other.

by Anonymousreply 97July 9, 2021 10:35 PM

I don't want to imagine any of these women having 'Sex'.

by Anonymousreply 98July 9, 2021 10:36 PM

Can it be taken for granted that there will be youthifying digital make up in this, I don't think the real stuff is enough.

by Anonymousreply 99July 9, 2021 10:37 PM

I liked the show in its first run, but I was a lot younger then, of course. It was before I’d moved to NYC. I didn’t realize at the time how gross their portrayal of Manhattan life was, and how it further ruined a city already in serious cultural decline. NYC was pretty dead by the mid-90s; SATC took it off the respirator.

Magnolia Bakery and the yuppification of the West Village, ugh. I remember reading an interview years later where SJP said her husband said to her, of NYC’s downfall, “You realize you’re partially responsible for this,” and she said she sighed “yeah, I know.”

by Anonymousreply 100July 9, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote]Well, that's why they've added a token Latinx nonbinary character, just to please the woke crowd like you.

It's not being "woke", it's stating the obvious.

This show is outdated. SJP should have just did a basic reunion with the girls and called it a day. This just looks embarrassing. Are they exhuming Chris Noth for another go around of Big and Carrie?

by Anonymousreply 101July 9, 2021 10:40 PM

No one wants to see any of these old ladies hard at it.

The show was of the moment. That moment was 20+ years ago.

by Anonymousreply 102July 9, 2021 10:42 PM

Kristin wants the money and she is probably happy for this.

by Anonymousreply 103July 9, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote]I think Kristin looks just fine.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2021 10:47 PM

Both Sarah and Cynthia are looking a bit bald with terribly thin hair. All the dying, extensions and styling really does take its toll.

by Anonymousreply 105July 9, 2021 10:50 PM

What will be more shameful for SJP: this or the 30 years later Hocus Pocus sequel?

by Anonymousreply 106July 9, 2021 10:50 PM

R96 - “I’ll be fine”

Your 36-year old optimism is showing through. I’m here to tell you, you won’t “be fine” in your middle age years. That’s why I want you to enjoy your last few good years. Think of me as your gay bother/advisor. No charge necessary; I’m feeling generous on this Friday.

by Anonymousreply 107July 9, 2021 10:54 PM

R107 Gays like you make sure that is the reality. Also, my life doesn’t revolve around getting laid. I cultivate friends. I have a good group of friends both straight and gay. As long as I have friends, life will be good.

by Anonymousreply 108July 9, 2021 10:56 PM

[quote] Both Sarah and Cynthia are looking a bit bald with terribly thin hair. All the dying, extensions and styling really does take its toll.

Some people just weren't born with a thick head of hair, extensions / excess styling or not. Cynthia's hair does look fine and sparse in the DM photos.

by Anonymousreply 109July 9, 2021 10:57 PM

SJP looks eons better. I think Cynthia will look the worst ie more her age. Kristen looks youthful.

by Anonymousreply 110July 9, 2021 11:00 PM

R108 - Live, laugh, love

by Anonymousreply 111July 9, 2021 11:01 PM

R110 Matthew B, afraid of getting hit with a purse

by Anonymousreply 112July 9, 2021 11:01 PM

R18, I can picture that Manolo Blahnik walker..

by Anonymousreply 113July 9, 2021 11:03 PM

SJP looks better than WHAT? Also, that sjw pig Sara Ramirez should be out there strutting with them wearing her bull jeans and doc martens

by Anonymousreply 114July 9, 2021 11:05 PM

They are all going to get hurt. I thought sjp said she wasn’t allowed to wear heels anymore ?? Or platforms are different huh? Platform Mary Janes on an old woman wow

by Anonymousreply 115July 9, 2021 11:09 PM

The clothes make them look old.

by Anonymousreply 116July 9, 2021 11:12 PM

Nice hooves on the middle one.

by Anonymousreply 117July 9, 2021 11:15 PM

Cynthia is dressed like she's going to crash a men's locker room to convince Bob Hope to host a charity fundraiser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 9, 2021 11:16 PM

SJP’s groom did a fabulous job on her mane and the farrier is to be commended for getting her into those heels.

by Anonymousreply 119July 9, 2021 11:19 PM

Do they need the money that desperately?

by Anonymousreply 120July 9, 2021 11:20 PM

SJP's shoes look '90s to me with the chunky heel on the Mary Jane.

by Anonymousreply 121July 9, 2021 11:22 PM

R120 SJP is doing this for her ego. She refuses to admit that the SATC moment is OVER. God knows how she beat HBO into agreeing.

Of course, Willie Garson is cheering on everyone's instagram.

by Anonymousreply 122July 9, 2021 11:22 PM

Anne Taylor Loft? Puhleese, those outfits look more like Chico’s.

by Anonymousreply 123July 9, 2021 11:26 PM

We found what the show needs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 9, 2021 11:33 PM

PS: I strongly suspect that's not all natural hair atop her head.

Are you kidding??

She hasn't been without one on camera since she first tried on the red afro for "Annie."

by Anonymousreply 125July 9, 2021 11:37 PM

I don’t get all the ageist comments. So what if they are older? Should they just drop dead? If we as gay men can enjoy the Golden Girls, why can’t we enjoy the SATC girls getting older?

by Anonymousreply 126July 9, 2021 11:39 PM

Because the Golden Girls didn't try to revive their show again a full 20 years after it first started.

by Anonymousreply 127July 9, 2021 11:44 PM

R127 So what? I would have gladly watched a Golden Girls revival 20 years later (though there wouldn’t have been a Sophia).

by Anonymousreply 128July 9, 2021 11:47 PM

Sarah Jessica, I served with the Golden Girls. I knew the Golden Girls, the Golden Girls were friends of mine.

Sarah Jessica, you are no Golden Girl.

by Anonymousreply 129July 9, 2021 11:48 PM

After the cinematic abortions that were the films, anyone expecting this to have a decent story to tell is higher than Lindsay Lohan

by Anonymousreply 130July 9, 2021 11:49 PM

So let me get this straight:

We regularly--every single day at least!--have threads on Datalounge addressed to 'Eldergays"; but THIS is what sets you off about ageism??

by Anonymousreply 131July 9, 2021 11:50 PM

OMG, R23’s link... scary. SJP is airbrushed to death in that top picture. I’m not opposed to watching older women in a show, but this ain’t it. They all look horrendous and really this show has been done to death, there is nothing left.

by Anonymousreply 132July 9, 2021 11:57 PM

Funny someone mentioned the Golden Girls.

OP's pic is reminiscent of the episode where the Golden Girls went to that fancy gym and got those "fashionable" outfits. The joke being that they looked completely ridiculous trying to be so cutting edge and of the moment.

SATC doesn't have it within them to be that self-depreciating. That pic is meant to be taken seriously. And that's the whole problem.

There's your difference between the two shows.

by Anonymousreply 133July 9, 2021 11:57 PM

They're going to talk about their dry menopausal pussies, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 134July 9, 2021 11:58 PM

As Cynthia gets older, she looks more and more like the lady in "American Gothic."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 10, 2021 12:03 AM

R133 newsflash but this isn’t 1985. Maybe you need thicker glasses or just an attitude adjustment, but over the years ages have blurred. No longer do people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and up feel the need to be placed in your box of how they should look or act regardless if you think they look ridiculous. It’s refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 136July 10, 2021 12:03 AM

And with that, r136 flounced away, still in a snit.

by Anonymousreply 137July 10, 2021 12:05 AM

Oh, the Old Grey Mare, She Ain't What She Used To Be

by Anonymousreply 138July 10, 2021 12:10 AM

That is, seriously, one of the most pathetic and disturbed things I have ever read on DL, R46. Why didn't you threaten to "hobble" us when you were done?

by Anonymousreply 139July 10, 2021 12:17 AM

Cynthia's pants don't fit her.

by Anonymousreply 140July 10, 2021 12:25 AM

R140 you’re right and she looks 65

by Anonymousreply 141July 10, 2021 12:37 AM

[R13], if you look closely at that pic, those faces are photoshopped in. Look at the light on their features, it's too even, esp. SJP. Whoever stuck her head in didn't reduce the size enough. Bloodless guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 142July 10, 2021 12:52 AM

I hate when people bring up The Golden Girls. The biggest difference is that they knew their age, these 3 think they’re still 30.

by Anonymousreply 143July 10, 2021 1:07 AM

r46: Go and play with your glass menagerie, Laura; the adults are talking.

by Anonymousreply 144July 10, 2021 1:13 AM

Hot In Cleveland was another good one.

by Anonymousreply 145July 10, 2021 1:16 AM

R143 again, it’s not 1985 and who made the rules about what is appropriate at certain ages? If you don’t like it DON’T WATCH!

by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2021 1:33 AM

r133 Another difference was that Blanche Devereaux was a woman while Samantha Jones was a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2021 1:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2021 1:48 AM

On this season of some middle aged sluts walking around some random city...

by Anonymousreply 149July 10, 2021 1:54 AM

Is this another movie or an actual series?

by Anonymousreply 150July 10, 2021 2:06 AM

They really should have left it at the first film when they still looked like the women from the series. The storylines all left the characters in a good place. Why drag it out and drag it out?

by Anonymousreply 151July 10, 2021 2:06 AM

R151 you mean left it at the show. The movies were dumb

by Anonymousreply 152July 10, 2021 2:07 AM

The second movie shouldn’t exist

by Anonymousreply 153July 10, 2021 2:08 AM

R151 BECAUSE I'M STILL YOUNG AND HIP!!

by Anonymousreply 154July 10, 2021 2:08 AM

R153 neither should

by Anonymousreply 155July 10, 2021 2:08 AM

R48’s story made me laugh out loud.

And these bags look kind of pitiful. Maybe the deluge of bad reviews will finally make SJHorse realize that this show is dead, done and ovah!

by Anonymousreply 156July 10, 2021 2:22 AM

I just can't get over Kristen Davis's giant, inflated face. UGH.

by Anonymousreply 157July 10, 2021 2:25 AM

R156 um if bad reviews could get through to her...

CRITICS CONSENSUS

Straining under a thin plot stretched to its limit by a bloated running time, Sex and the City 2 adds an unfortunate coda to the long-running HBO series

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 10, 2021 2:25 AM

It’s like beating an undead horse.

by Anonymousreply 159July 10, 2021 2:36 AM

Sjp looks like she had her head retouched before posting that photo that's supposed to be a street photo, the other two look miserable. And it's not the same without Samantha. This will be panned hard.

by Anonymousreply 160July 10, 2021 2:46 AM

I seem to be in the minority, but I thought both movies sucked, not just the second one. Frankly, I thought the last season or so of the show was terrible. Carrie in Paris!

Side note: those sidewalks are even photoshopped. Never saw NYC sidewalks so clean.

by Anonymousreply 161July 10, 2021 2:52 AM

Jesus Christ!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 10, 2021 2:57 AM

EVEN WORSE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 10, 2021 2:58 AM

I always watch Sex And The City at bedtime, something about it has always put me right to sleep!

by Anonymousreply 164July 10, 2021 3:00 AM

The truth is they look older than their ages. They looks 60s not 50s. I’ve seen more attractive and younger looking late 50s women. Which makes it all the more ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 165July 10, 2021 3:04 AM

Sarah looks her age, did she stop getting bottox and fillers?

by Anonymousreply 166July 10, 2021 3:06 AM

Miranda on rumspringa!

by Anonymousreply 167July 10, 2021 3:13 AM

Maybe one of the storylines is that Miranda died when a bike messenger ran her over on the streets of Brooklyn. This is her lookalike cousin Duranda, who is a lesbian that teaches women's studies classes at the local community college.

Hey, the lookalike cousin gag worked for Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, it could work here too!

by Anonymousreply 168July 10, 2021 3:26 AM

R168 I did it first!

by Anonymousreply 169July 10, 2021 3:29 AM

I'm all for aging naturally and not overdoing the cosmetic procedures, but holy shit, SJP's hands are terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 170July 10, 2021 3:58 AM

I read the last SATC movie the budget for erasing the lines and wrinkles was high, it must really be $$$$$ now

by Anonymousreply 171July 10, 2021 4:11 AM

People thought Cynthia was smart because she played a lawyer. She is just a bootlicker for SJP and got uglier.

by Anonymousreply 172July 10, 2021 4:13 AM

Who cares about these witches. Who are the 20 somethings that are boning them in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 173July 10, 2021 4:41 AM

When SJP looks the best…

by Anonymousreply 174July 10, 2021 4:46 AM

Those pants are a no on Cynthia, she looks so pear shaped

by Anonymousreply 175July 10, 2021 4:47 AM

The picture at r57 is what I was about to post, but in pretty much every photo that's not airbrushed, they do indeed look older than their years, they're all 55 or 56 and GenX but look like Boomer grandmothers.

by Anonymousreply 176July 10, 2021 4:57 AM

Agree r160, the face looks pasted on, as kids used to say.

by Anonymousreply 177July 10, 2021 4:57 AM

"...And I couldn't help but wonder whether maybe [italic]we[/italic] had now become the old hags with awful plastic surgery who were no longer dressing age-appropriately..."

by Anonymousreply 178July 10, 2021 5:04 AM

Cynthia always looks awful. Always. So Miranda’s ugly clothes are in character.

Her character always should worn something casual and basic and overpriced/expensive when not in her legal drag. Like she’d go to Bloomingdales and buy a season worth of St John or Calvin Klein twice a year. Or in her downtime wear posh hippie getup from Matthew Williamson.

But she’d wear these gross floaty skirts and halter tops and huge earring that seemed like late frumpy late 80s hangovers.

by Anonymousreply 179July 10, 2021 5:06 AM

They dressed more appropriately in the first two seasons. After that it became all about the clothes and shoes and some of the fashions were just bizarre. I loved Carrie when she wore her ratty fur coat and basic black dresses like a girl dressing in her mommy’s clothes.

by Anonymousreply 180July 10, 2021 5:13 AM

And just like that...

Everyone's favorite Edwardian beauties were reunited once again, and it was as if no time at all had passed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 10, 2021 5:35 AM

Those ugly photos are so photographed. Omg. You’re all hateful cunts. Lol

by Anonymousreply 182July 10, 2021 6:10 AM

I'm rehearshing for my upcoming sheriesh cameo!

"Now put your handsh up,

Up in the club, we jusht broke up..."

by Anonymousreply 183July 10, 2021 6:19 AM

It’s not well done. It’s not intelligently or sensitively written or performed. It’s a ghastly fucking show with that cunt SJP trotted out like a fucking little Dolly whilst pushing 60 years of age. None of them should have been paid for this baby Jane shit. Kim stomped her heel into this production.

by Anonymousreply 184July 10, 2021 6:26 AM

Will SJP finally bare her tits in this one?

by Anonymousreply 185July 10, 2021 6:29 AM

Kim’s a bitch. There’s no harm in this. Sorry to be the contrarian here.

by Anonymousreply 186July 10, 2021 6:29 AM

They don’t look bad

by Anonymousreply 187July 10, 2021 6:29 AM

Kim Cattral is very self important. She should be thankful for the show. Her career had been washed up for years before SATC

by Anonymousreply 188July 10, 2021 6:31 AM

The show will be nothing without Samantha

by Anonymousreply 189July 10, 2021 6:32 AM

I used to work at CTV as a producer. Kim was the worst guest we ever had, She is completely entitled and rude to staff.

by Anonymousreply 190July 10, 2021 6:33 AM

Why are they not calling this Sex and the City? Is it because Samantha isn't in it? Or so they don't have to focus on 50-something women trying to get laid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 10, 2021 6:33 AM

The fraus, and unfortunately some gays, are jizzing in their pants over the show and style already on Twitter. I still know women who try to dress like they're on the show from 15 years ago and now a whole army of fraus will get to update their wardrobe to what they think is NY chic.

by Anonymousreply 192July 10, 2021 6:38 AM

Two things:

1) I hope the writers are secretly gay DL'ers who write the show as an even MORE ridiculous parody of itself and write in DL gags like SJP walking around eating a carrot.

2) Kristin Davis' calves are old lady THICC. THICCer than mine and I don't skip leg day!

by Anonymousreply 193July 10, 2021 6:50 AM

I think they look older than their ages too. Too thin, I guess. Not the dark haired girl.

by Anonymousreply 194July 10, 2021 6:53 AM

All the comments on Instagram: "Where's Samantha????"

by Anonymousreply 195July 10, 2021 7:02 AM

R193 Pics or it never happened

by Anonymousreply 196July 10, 2021 7:04 AM

Kristin Davis always had thick calves.

by Anonymousreply 197July 10, 2021 7:05 AM

Did Kristen ever show snatch?

by Anonymousreply 198July 10, 2021 7:06 AM

Will the revival be worse or less embarrassing than the films?

by Anonymousreply 199July 10, 2021 7:07 AM

Ha! Never watched it. Went on a NYC trip with a friend and she was all over it. We did the bus tour, Magnolia, the house, and some bar.

I made the mistake of sitting in some seat at the bar Big or the Northern Exposure guy sat in when the tour went there. The group gasped in shock. LOL

by Anonymousreply 200July 10, 2021 7:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 10, 2021 7:12 AM

A lot of ugly elder lonely gays posting here. Poor old farts wish they could still be relevant. They hate anybody over 40 being successful or looking younger than their age.

by Anonymousreply 202July 10, 2021 7:15 AM

lolz

by Anonymousreply 203July 10, 2021 7:15 AM

R201 Perfect example of trying too hard

by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2021 7:15 AM

@ you not with you, r202.

by Anonymousreply 205July 10, 2021 7:16 AM

R202 SJP has made plenty of money, but she can't let go of this one role from 20 years ago. She's beating a dead horse. I wouldn't want to see Sarah Michelle Gellar play Buffy again either. There's a time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2021 7:17 AM

R206 yet it bothers you so much. Look in the mirror

by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2021 7:18 AM

Why, why, why, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHYYYYYY...doesn't SJP go back to her old hairstyle?

The straight 'do' has never worked for her. It just stretches her already long, vertical face that much longer. And it's so...2005.

Why is everyone SO PHOBIC about curls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 10, 2021 7:19 AM

Cynthia goes home to this every night. Just imagine Rojo Caliente naked and spread-eagled on the bed being all like "my pussy's hungry baby, come over here and fill it up!"

Can you even imagine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 10, 2021 7:19 AM

R207 Get some sleep, hon

by Anonymousreply 210July 10, 2021 7:19 AM

Whoops, another link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 10, 2021 7:20 AM

Jeez R42, it's just a show. Someone needs a life!

by Anonymousreply 212July 10, 2021 7:22 AM

r 207 OCD contrarian or Frau lamenting their trans son/daughter/non-binary cooch spawn is going to Khol's tomorrow and shopping every department for their summer wardrobe and they will never look like SJP.

by Anonymousreply 213July 10, 2021 7:23 AM

R210 so “witty” and telling……..

by Anonymousreply 214July 10, 2021 7:23 AM

The pic in R55 really highlights the power of photoshopping when compared to OP's pic. In OP's pic, SJP's face is perfectly ironed out with nary a wrinkle and a nice golden tan. In R55 she looks much more washed out.

And it doesn't matter how many layers and wacky patterns SJP is wearing, she can't hide those veiny vascular hands. Always a dead giveaway of age.

Cynthia Nixon looks like she just wants to go home, have some jello, metamucil, and go to bed by 8pm.

by Anonymousreply 215July 10, 2021 7:25 AM

R214 Go eat out SJP’s dried up cunt

by Anonymousreply 216July 10, 2021 7:25 AM

Sad to see Kristen Davis has succumbed to the 'Rubber Goo' school of plastic surgery.

I've seen lazy eyes, but that left one's collecting unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 217July 10, 2021 7:26 AM

Please?

by Anonymousreply 218July 10, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote] On this season of some middle aged sluts walking around some random city...

Middle-aged? Are they all going to live to be 130? Since when is a 65-year-old SJP considered middle-aged?

by Anonymousreply 219July 10, 2021 7:28 AM

The elder gay incel pop is commenting fast.

by Anonymousreply 220July 10, 2021 7:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 10, 2021 7:29 AM

She is obviously her pack mule.

by Anonymousreply 222July 10, 2021 7:31 AM

DEAR GOD R221!!!!

by Anonymousreply 223July 10, 2021 7:32 AM

I love how a certain poster is linking to the right wing dailymail. So revealing.

by Anonymousreply 224July 10, 2021 7:32 AM

SJP in need of a sugar cube @ R220

by Anonymousreply 225July 10, 2021 7:32 AM

R225 that’s you cunt

by Anonymousreply 226July 10, 2021 7:35 AM

And your formerly cute husband is an old queen @ R226

by Anonymousreply 227July 10, 2021 7:36 AM

R227 Go back to furiously masterbating about those stars who will never fuck your fat ass

by Anonymousreply 228July 10, 2021 7:37 AM

R228 masterbating? Oh, dear.

You really do need that sugar cube.

by Anonymousreply 229July 10, 2021 7:43 AM

R229 ahhh the poor incel.

by Anonymousreply 230July 10, 2021 7:43 AM

I hope this means we get to see more Rojo Caliente, who should be the true star of things.

by Anonymousreply 231July 10, 2021 7:45 AM

R166 - that's [bold]WITH[/bold] the maximum amount of Botox and fillers which can be packed into SJP's face before it slides off.

Imagine what she'd look like without them!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 232July 10, 2021 7:46 AM

Is SJP planning to revive this show once every decade? Will the 2030s revival be titled, "I Wondered..."?

The final season in the 2070s to be called, "Still Slutty and Fabulous".

by Anonymousreply 233July 10, 2021 7:47 AM

She shoulda gone full lift. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 234July 10, 2021 7:47 AM

R232 Hun, you’re trying too hard

by Anonymousreply 235July 10, 2021 7:48 AM

R233 Why not? Jesus, is this a gay forum? It feels like a conservative Christian one.

by Anonymousreply 236July 10, 2021 7:49 AM

Carrie Bradshaw you haven't changed a bit! Same gorgeous smile, pretty eyes, beautiful figure, long golden blonde hair...

by Anonymousreply 237July 10, 2021 7:59 AM

R237 jealous?

by Anonymousreply 238July 10, 2021 8:00 AM

Matthew Broderick: I loved Cliff Bradshaw. Would have given my right eye to fuck Cliff Bradshaw.

SJP: Sweetie, the name was Carrie, not Cliff. Funny how you always say "Cliff" instead of "Carrie".

Broderick (muttering): Welcome to my fucking life! It's a fucking cabaret, old chum.

by Anonymousreply 239July 10, 2021 8:03 AM

I do love me some SATC but, I couldn’t help but think that Carrie is looking a little “Dolores as Wyatt” from Westworld here. HBO synergy? I can’t unsee it lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 10, 2021 8:13 AM

Rojo Caliente is fucking sacred. Step off, bitches.

Actually, she should be in this. I'd watch just for my Rojo fix.

Sad that cunt SJP is so self serious. They could have made this a parody of the original, and that might have worked quite well, but she's incapable of laughing at herself.

Cynthia Nixon has terminal FML face in just about every shot, and I don't blame her a bit. I'm guessing she blew all of her money on her political run. I'd like to think she would be above this disaster otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 241July 10, 2021 8:15 AM

We should go easy on Cynthia. She is obviously broke after buying her $7M townhouse recently. The poor thing needs this paycheck. She can't even shoplift basic necessities because the evil capitalist thugs CVS and Walgreens lock up the Tide and her favorite brand of hair dye.

by Anonymousreply 242July 10, 2021 8:31 AM

Am I the only one who didn't know that Rojo Caliente had such huge tits? I evidently thought, on some level, that her manly face meant that the rest of her was equally manly. And you couldn't really see her chest in those suits of hers. Anyway, R221 is a revelation.

by Anonymousreply 243July 10, 2021 8:37 AM

Patricia Fields declined to return for this show.

by Anonymousreply 244July 10, 2021 8:42 AM

You know Sarah walked over all twee af making a show about needing her Mary Janes buckled for her

by Anonymousreply 245July 10, 2021 8:45 AM

More disturbing photos of Kristin Davis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 10, 2021 8:47 AM

I wonder if they’re all walking down the street in those heels so they can go up to visit with Sara Ramirez he/they and maybe one of them get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 247July 10, 2021 8:55 AM

R247 I don't think there is going to be a ton of casual sex in this series since they are all married and all the husbands will be returning. However I do think (or rather hope) that we have super hot young guys hitting on our matronly leads. Imagine this guy (who was in one of the SATC episodes) walking over to SJP and being like "You are the hottest woman I've seen in my life. All these other girls do nothing for me, but you're different" and then her rebuffing him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 10, 2021 9:08 AM

They all look so unhappy except the narcissistic one. This is going to be such a stinker! I can't wait.

*Let's hope Kristen Davis's face lasts long enough for them to film the entire thing!

by Anonymousreply 249July 10, 2021 9:16 AM

R248, this show will try to be woke, so at least one of the people hitting on them will be non-binary or trans or pandemisexual.

by Anonymousreply 250July 10, 2021 9:18 AM

SJP looks as if she's already in hair, makeup, and costume for "Hocus Pocus 2". Are they filming both projects at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 251July 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Why did she have 6-inch roots the other day when lunching with Hilaria? Does she just not do her hair until she needs to for a project? Maybe this is all wig and not just extensions.

by Anonymousreply 252July 10, 2021 9:47 AM

What's odd to me is that Kristin Davis doesn't look bad at all in other recent photos on her IG page, linking back from R246's post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 10, 2021 9:59 AM

Every image is photoshopped and uses a multitude of filters R253. Are you serious?

[bold]Nothing[/bold] - repeat - nothing is real on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 254July 10, 2021 10:03 AM

Shower this with Razzies please.

by Anonymousreply 255July 10, 2021 10:08 AM

R240 she is beautiful and could play Carrie

by Anonymousreply 256July 10, 2021 10:29 AM

If this was realistic, Miranda would have been booted from the firm by her greedy partners and become a lesbian. Charlotte's husband would have left her for a woman half her age and she would be doing pottery or artisan baking in a tiny, doomed store subsidized by her ex. Carrie's writing career would have collapsed and she would be doing a podcast that three people listen to. No one would be wearing flouncy gingham dirndls with Frau Blucher heels. Samantha would not have died but merely decided she had nothing in common with these women and moved to LA.

Their conversations would have revolved around post-menopause health, preserving their looks and watching their portfolios .grow and buying real estate. At least two would be very bitter. At least one would be into some Marianne Williamson style spirituality and Goop health retreats. Weren't Charlotte and Miranda late life mothers? Their kids hating them and acting out would occupy a few storylines.

The show was about falling into bed with interesting but deeply flawed men on a weekly basis. That's almost no women in this age group, despite whoever you know who looks 20 years younger and has lots of men trailing after her. The supply of men dries up but so does the desire to find the great love. And most women are okay with that.

by Anonymousreply 257July 10, 2021 10:49 AM

Trey should come out as gay and admit that he couldn't get it up for Charlotte because he likes the peen.

by Anonymousreply 258July 10, 2021 10:54 AM

There is some pretty serious spalling in SJPs makeup

by Anonymousreply 259July 10, 2021 10:54 AM

Please, please G’d do not let that straight actor who plays an obnoxious queen (unconvincingly) reappear!

by Anonymousreply 260July 10, 2021 10:56 AM

R260 I'm so sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261July 10, 2021 11:01 AM

The posted pics in the magazine are pretty funny.

Nixon looks like a Simpsons character standing next to Sarah in her "hypnotic black & white skirt".

by Anonymousreply 262July 10, 2021 11:04 AM

R261, I didn't recognize Steve at all in that picture. I still think he is good-looking but he looks so different. Of course I never watched either movie, so I only remember how he used to look on the original show.

by Anonymousreply 263July 10, 2021 11:06 AM

Oh G’d, no! BOTH obnoxious queens.

by Anonymousreply 264July 10, 2021 11:12 AM

What's with the redacted "God"? Since when do we see that here, and I'm Jewish. Orthodox Jews hang out on the DL? What?

by Anonymousreply 265July 10, 2021 11:18 AM

It's not my business and I know that, yet I am bothered by Kristen's face work. She had a face that could have aged beautifully with the right treatments.

How is she going to talk with that massive upper lip? I feel like her filler is going to be a huge distraction for those willing to watch this craziness.

I refused the second movie, and now that Samantha is gone I doubt I'll sit through this one.

by Anonymousreply 266July 10, 2021 11:40 AM

Oh yay! Slutty women going through mid life crisis are strutting around a city.

by Anonymousreply 267July 10, 2021 12:36 PM

They should just rename this show "Pushin' 60" or "Menopause Manor".

by Anonymousreply 268July 10, 2021 12:39 PM

R230, do you need some mothballs for your twat?

by Anonymousreply 269July 10, 2021 12:42 PM

What r90 said. This is a "conspicuous by their absence" win-win for Catrall. If this is well-received and watched, her absence is still noted and discussed. If it tanks, she's even more discussed and in a better light than SJP.

I've got no beef that this is a blatant money and attention-grab. It's called Show Business for a reason.

Still, I'd respect this if the plot had common sense and true, actual bravery and edginess. How? By going full, serious, drama/soap/opera. From the pix, however, I can tell it's "let them eat cupcakes" for the Frau-a-Polooza Brigade.

Seriously, I'm talking, say, not asking Noth back and the plot reveals that he and Samantha betrayed Carrie and and ran off together.

And everything r97, r129(lol!), r133, r151 and r195 said.

There's a lot to be said for leaving well enough alone.

"Roman Holiday" is the best-ever romantic comedy. Why? Because of its poignant, sad, bittersweet ending. The Princess and Joe, for the rest of thier lives, will never be together. For sure, they'll fall in love again with someone else. But that person never will have their entire heart. A part of each their hearts will always belong to the other until both of them draw their last breath.

Decades after "RH" Gregory Peck was interviewed and he said that both he and Audrey Hepburn were approached about a sequel. They both thought about it, but, for whatever reason it never happened.

Good. Some things should live on only in our imaginations.

by Anonymousreply 270July 10, 2021 12:44 PM

I bet Samantha will be killed even though they said they wouldn’t do that.

by Anonymousreply 271July 10, 2021 12:44 PM

Suddenly 60

by Anonymousreply 272July 10, 2021 12:46 PM

Suddenly 70

by Anonymousreply 273July 10, 2021 12:49 PM

This thing of striding together in a row, like it's your POSSE, so cornball.

by Anonymousreply 274July 10, 2021 12:51 PM

R202, meet R208.

by Anonymousreply 275July 10, 2021 1:21 PM

This may be Sarah's Crash moment.

by Anonymousreply 276July 10, 2021 1:22 PM

Is Steve in the Chicago franchise?

by Anonymousreply 277July 10, 2021 1:27 PM

These characters and this television show is ICONIC. You may try to tear them down, but they’ll live on far after you bitter cunts are dead.

by Anonymousreply 278July 10, 2021 2:21 PM

Calm down Willie at R278. SJP has already cast you as Stanford in the new series, so your paycheck is safe.

by Anonymousreply 279July 10, 2021 2:25 PM

R278 you must be living in your own little bubble because the show's reception has absolutely gone to shit in the past decade. Countless articles have been made describing in detail why Carrie Bradshaw is the worst person ever. The toxic work environment that SJP promoted has also come back to bite her in the ass. The show, for all it's claims of female empowerment was so sexist that I'm not even sure it could pass the Bechdel test. Darren Star and Michael Patrick King are both cunts for debasing gays with that offensively queeny rat-faced Stanford. Also, there's a reason the second SATC movie is regarded as one of the worst movies in history and that's not just it's cultural insensitivity. It's the fact that after the 2008-09 market crash people started to see the show for what it was, consumeristic obsessed skeletal caricatures pretending to be pro-women. The only good thing to come out of that movie was Lindy West's scathing movie review, which I implore all of you to read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280July 10, 2021 2:47 PM

R280 - You presented an accurate and fully descriptive assessment of the original show. But it was set in the NINETIES! We all remember what our lives were like before “me too”, “BLM,” “cancel culture,” and all the bullshit political correctness and absence of humor. The show is entertainment. It represents a better time and place in many people’s opinion (apparently not yours.) I will always love the show for what it is, and feel wonderful nostalgia when I view the reruns.

by Anonymousreply 281July 10, 2021 2:57 PM

This is going to tank. Kim Cattrall's spider senses were tingling all over telling her to stay away from this claptrap. Even the finest script in the world is not going to make these women look good.

by Anonymousreply 282July 10, 2021 2:59 PM

Carrie's writing career dries up and she moves to Hudson NY and post incessantly on Facebook about her life with 2 cats, baking mishaps and a dirty apartment.

by Anonymousreply 283July 10, 2021 3:14 PM

What happened to Kristins beautiful face???

by Anonymousreply 284July 10, 2021 3:21 PM

I agree that its time has passed, but we all know that this is not going to tank. Even that shitty 2nd movie turned a profit. I remember how everyone here was screeching about how Britney's Vegas residency was going to be the flop of the century and turned out to be very successful. Face it, ladies, our predictions rarely come to pass.

by Anonymousreply 285July 10, 2021 3:21 PM

Kristin has clown mouth.

by Anonymousreply 286July 10, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote] "Roman Holiday" is the best-ever romantic comedy.

Nothing with that irritating Audrey Hepburn is the best anything.

by Anonymousreply 287July 10, 2021 3:35 PM

R287 = pretentious, one-note cunt Emma Thompson

by Anonymousreply 288July 10, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote] Carrie's writing career dries up and she moves to Hudson NY and post incessantly on Facebook about her life with 2 cats, baking mishaps and a dirty apartment.

They’d better credit me!

by Anonymousreply 289July 10, 2021 3:46 PM

What happened to the non-binary creature that said to replace Samantha? Shouldn't she needs be included as part of the new gang?

by Anonymousreply 290July 10, 2021 3:54 PM

R290, how DARE you use the pronoun 'her' without first finding out what that person's preferred pronoun THIS HOUR is? Jeez, y'all got out of your way to perpetuate this cycle of LITERAL VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 291July 10, 2021 4:15 PM

R283, you are actually onto something. I think this would be better and maybe judged less harshly if they reworked it. Taking these characters out of the city (not talking foreign country) and into a more suburban area might energize it. I think the problem people have with it is the wash.rinse.repeat cycle.

by Anonymousreply 292July 10, 2021 4:15 PM

R290 Sara Ramirez is playing a supporting role. She isn't exactly replacing Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 293July 10, 2021 4:18 PM

R292, they should end up in the same Connecticut suburb they bitched about when they went to Lainie's baby shower. Charlotte would make a good Stepford wife.

by Anonymousreply 294July 10, 2021 4:18 PM

R162, this looks like a mashup of SAC and Dumb and Dumber.

by Anonymousreply 295July 10, 2021 4:19 PM

Nice to see them remaking The Golden Girls

by Anonymousreply 296July 10, 2021 4:19 PM

r293 But Samantha WAS a supporting role, right SJP?

by Anonymousreply 297July 10, 2021 4:20 PM

R265, you would be surprised who posts on DL.

by Anonymousreply 298July 10, 2021 4:22 PM

Correct R285, people will watch this and be it to witness a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 299July 10, 2021 4:23 PM

Remember the Absolutely Fabulous sequel Mirrorball? Jennifer Saunders thought Ab Fab had run its course but she missed working with the cast. So she decided to create an alternative story, starring the original actors, with similar but new characters.

Jennifer stared as Vivienne, an ex-actress who was famous in the 1970s for her high kicks. The result was okay, not a disaster. The cast re-clicked, but the magic wasn't really there in the new story so they weakened and reformed Ab Fab.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300July 10, 2021 4:35 PM

Kristin looks a little thick, but still the most beautiful of the cast. Cynthia owns her gray hair at least. SJP…well, there’s always the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 301July 10, 2021 4:53 PM

Cynthia does not own her grey hair and needs to dye it back to red stat. She looks washed out when she could be looking the best of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 302July 10, 2021 5:25 PM

Controversial opinion: I like SJHorse’s Mary Janes. Not on her size twelve bony veiny hooves at the end of her two inch long legs, but I like the shoes on their own.

This series will stink so hard the EPA will have to rewrite policy so we don’t all suffocate from the stink, but I will still get pyrotechnically stoned and watch. I think it will be gloriously terrible.

by Anonymousreply 303July 10, 2021 6:05 PM

Cynthia is transforming into Nancy Kulp.

by Anonymousreply 304July 10, 2021 7:24 PM

Most Hollywood actresses in their 50s have had major work done to delay looking old. But inadvertently their overworked faces give them away and make them appear older which destroys the original intent. Courtney Cox is 57 and although she’s had and continues to have shit tons of procedures, she still looks 57.

SATC actresses all look their age or worse. Kristin’s face is so overfilled it’s ridiculous. SJP is hanging on to her ling hair as if having long hair makes her look more youthful, when it has the exact opposite effect.

by Anonymousreply 305July 10, 2021 10:07 PM

Compare SJP’s skin with Lucy Liu who’s only 3 years younger, it’s like a 15 years difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306July 10, 2021 10:09 PM

R306, that photo of Lucy Liu was taken in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 307July 10, 2021 10:11 PM

Kristen is the most conventionally pretty of the 3, so, it makes sense that she has messed around with her face the most.

by Anonymousreply 308July 10, 2021 10:12 PM

Poor Kristin, people can't even get the spelling of her name correct.

by Anonymousreply 309July 10, 2021 10:14 PM

Kristin looks bizarre with the trout lips but she's always had those thick piano legs. I think Cynthia looks fine but needs an eyebrow pencil.

by Anonymousreply 310July 10, 2021 10:21 PM

Quite big hips on Kristin.

by Anonymousreply 311July 11, 2021 12:03 AM

I love the way Kristin is dressed but her face looks really strange almost alien.

by Anonymousreply 312July 11, 2021 12:16 AM

R219, you're confusing how old she looks with her actual age. Yes, she looks 65, or in real life, probably 70, but SJP is a youthful, glowing, soft-skinned FIFTY SIX.

by Anonymousreply 313July 11, 2021 12:23 AM

I love how people are screaming that nobody is interested and nobody is going to watch...meanwhile this thread about the first day of shooting, which was only posted yesterday, is at over 300 replies already.

Ya ARE gonna watch! Ya are!

by Anonymousreply 314July 11, 2021 12:28 AM

[R48], the Irvine Spectrum sounds like a personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 315July 11, 2021 12:28 AM

I’ll miss Samantha but I’m going to give it a try. I really enjoyed the original and sometimes I like stupid shows with outrageous fashion. I hope it will be like Claws but less funny and less hot men probably.

by Anonymousreply 316July 11, 2021 12:30 AM

I'm just waiting for R46 to come back-I need contact info for my psych thesis.

by Anonymousreply 317July 11, 2021 12:31 AM

Sex And The Biddy

by Anonymousreply 318July 11, 2021 12:34 AM

R314 I've posted several times on this & I've never even seen a complete episode.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 319July 11, 2021 12:38 AM

Kristin looks okay. I just don’t like the off the shoulder blouse. SJP looks like an old hag trying desperately to pass for 35 to 40.

by Anonymousreply 320July 11, 2021 12:38 AM

The pics at R55-R58 are quite telling, but even more so is the fact that there are not only no closeups, but not even any medium shots. And still Parker looks SO tired, and SO sad, especially in R58's pic. And Nixon's face just shouts "I'll make it, I can do it, they're paying me $$$$$, just a few more days..."

by Anonymousreply 321July 11, 2021 12:39 AM

Lions and tigers and bears!

by Anonymousreply 322July 11, 2021 12:39 AM

Nixon and Davis are only in it for the paycheck. They've never had a big moneymaking project outside SATC and need the money.

by Anonymousreply 323July 11, 2021 12:40 AM

Well we know where her money for this went. Her property portfolio is kind of ironic given how she was recently condoning stealing. Would love to see how she would feel if she had squatters in her rentals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324July 11, 2021 12:57 AM

This thing will be a hit because some will be tuning in to see the train wreck, but most will be watching because it's a successful franchise. I mean how many people still go and see those stupid Fast and Furious movies? There have been, what, 47 of them by now? Even after Paul Walker died they kept cranking those things out. I imagine once SJP and the gals pass away they'll be propping up their rotting corpses in Manolos just to make an easy buck for their heirs. God forbid Hollywood could come up with some actual original content But I get it--it's a business, and you've got to give the people what they want.

by Anonymousreply 325July 11, 2021 1:50 AM

I think SJP will be playing Carrie Bradshaw until the end. She'll be like the ancient Bette Davis, still going even though it was painful to watch her in her old age. And she'll be doing it in 5-inch heels and a short skirt. She just can't give up SATC.

by Anonymousreply 326July 11, 2021 2:02 AM

Oh, it's sure to be a huge hit, all right.

It will be especially big with teenagers and twentysomethings, who will long for the eventual days when they can hit menopause or go all grey or talk about their former sex lives with their ex-husbands.

by Anonymousreply 327July 11, 2021 2:12 AM

Atelier Versace will design the special chapeaux and outfits in the correct colors that Carrie and the other gals will wear to their meetings of The Red Hat Society, and thosewill become must-haves in the fashion world. Eventually Forever 21 will make special knock-off versions for teenagers to buy.

by Anonymousreply 328July 11, 2021 2:18 AM

I'm not going to watch it if it's terrible. I'm not going to watch it if it's good either. If people say it's interesting then I might watch it.

by Anonymousreply 329July 11, 2021 2:26 AM

Does Prada make colostomy bags?

by Anonymousreply 330July 11, 2021 2:34 AM

Three past their used-by-date slags look for sex and try to survive in a post-apocalyptic New York City, with some big injections of gratuitous wokeness to move the story along.

by Anonymousreply 331July 11, 2021 2:38 AM

...God forbid Hollywood could come up with some actual original content...

People like you are so fucking tiresome. You don't HAVE to watch these things, you know.

by Anonymousreply 332July 11, 2021 2:39 AM

R332 is SJP herself! Have a carrot stick and calm down, Flicka!

by Anonymousreply 333July 11, 2021 3:11 AM

Honestly, the ageism on these threads is making me gain more sympathy for them. They aren’t 80 for Pete sake. My problem with is us that this show has never evolved and they took it as far it could go.

by Anonymousreply 334July 11, 2021 3:24 AM

A serious question and I don’t mean this as a dig because I like Kim Cattrall best but does she have another income? I’ve seen her in other movies but no blockbusters. Did she get paid more?

by Anonymousreply 335July 11, 2021 3:44 AM

Thank you R307. Once again, low information literacy on DL. Where time stands still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336July 11, 2021 3:50 AM

R335 Cattrall was paid about twice as much as the other two girls for the movies, but it was still a fraction of what Parker pulled as Executive Producer. Cattrall opted out of the new project because she believed she'd be carrying the entire weight of the project with Charlotte not being so cute anymore, Miranda's lesbianism, Parker's loss of looks etc...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337July 11, 2021 3:57 AM

SJP doesn't need the money but the other two ladies working this show probably welcome the 1 million bucks per episode. Wildly overpaid.

by Anonymousreply 338July 11, 2021 4:03 AM

Kim Cattrall was smart to turn this down. The time for this has passed, the world has changed a lot and they're all too old.

by Anonymousreply 339July 11, 2021 4:03 AM

[quote] A serious question and I don’t mean this as a dig because I like Kim Cattrall best but does she have another income?

I don't know. However, it seems like she was smart with her money and could comfortably say NO to this SATC revival project.

by Anonymousreply 340July 11, 2021 4:16 AM

R253 one of the top comments to the last post is “I wonder how they are going to explain Samantha’s absence?” I was so tempted to suggest “trampled by a horse,” but didn’t want to upset the party.

by Anonymousreply 341July 11, 2021 4:20 AM

And yet they are able to buy multi-million dollar homes R338. Since none of us know their finances it is stupid to say they are doing it because they need the money.

by Anonymousreply 342July 11, 2021 4:26 AM

I’m just glad that back in 1997 Charlotte was still making NINE times per half-hour episode than what Janet Mock was pulling in for Pose.

by Anonymousreply 343July 11, 2021 4:27 AM

The denim in decline thread got me thinking.... I know the show was as much about fashion as friendship, but nobody dresses up anymore, not even in NYC. I actually love SJP’s outfit, but no ones wearing that just strolling around Manhattan. Ditto for Kirstin and even Miranda’s outfits.

by Anonymousreply 344July 11, 2021 4:31 AM

R344 Miranda looks like she just rolled out of bed, hasn’t dyed her hair in months, and forgot her eyebrows before leaving the house. That’s believable in post-pandemic New York.

by Anonymousreply 345July 11, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote] I imagine once SJP and the gals pass away they'll be propping up their rotting corpses in Manolos just to make an easy buck for their heirs.

Those corpses won't rot. They'll arrive at Campbell's 90% pre embalmed to look at the Botox and fillers presently swimming around inside them.

by Anonymousreply 346July 11, 2021 12:01 PM

[quote]A serious question and I don’t mean this as a dig because I like Kim Cattrall best but does she have another income? I’ve seen her in other movies but no blockbusters. Did she get paid more?

She's worked consistently since SATC and probably commanded a respectable if not blockbuster buck. Even an actor level respectable will produce a pretty enviable steady income stream. Plus, these days, all you had to do was buy one house or apartment ten or twenty years ago and you're practically swimming in the foundation of a small fortune.

by Anonymousreply 347July 11, 2021 12:04 PM

Haha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348July 11, 2021 12:04 PM

I follow Kim on Instagram and, normally, she’s posts once in a while. Ever since talk of the reboot has heated up she’s posting pics quite frequently as if to say ‘fuck you! Look how happy I am!’

by Anonymousreply 349July 11, 2021 1:25 PM

I never really watch the show either. My question is, does Kim look like a sourpuss for not participating? What do you the fans think?

by Anonymousreply 350July 11, 2021 5:58 PM

R349, sounds like she needs help convincing herself.

by Anonymousreply 351July 11, 2021 6:05 PM

Damn, I forgot about this. If SJP ever approaches KC again to be on the show then you know she has zero self respect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352July 11, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] does Kim look like a sourpuss for not participating?

Kim looks like she knows that you always leave the party when it’s at its peak hour, not when the lights come on and the music stops, which in the case of SATC was seventeen years ago.

by Anonymousreply 353July 11, 2021 7:05 PM

I seriously doubt that Kim was ever approached about the reboot after she turned down the movie. SJP is a smart businesswoman and moved on without her. Kim’s absence from a movie sequel would have been risky at the box office but people will watch on tv.

by Anonymousreply 354July 11, 2021 8:48 PM

I feel like they will trumpet the amazing ratings the first episode will get from all the looky-loos, but will be VERY tight lipped about how far the ratings fall for the rest of the series. Also expect a super fast renewal by HBO to make the show look more successful than it is.

by Anonymousreply 355July 11, 2021 8:53 PM

Cynthia is serving up some elder soft butch dryness in those high waisted palazzo pants.

by Anonymousreply 356July 11, 2021 9:10 PM

Kim knows eyes are on her right now since everyone's wondering where Samantha is/saying the show won't work without her. Why not be more active on social media? Doesn't mean she's jealous or regretting turning it down.

by Anonymousreply 357July 11, 2021 9:40 PM

Kim just hates SJP. Don’t think she’d turn this down if not for that. She’d TOTALLY do this if not for her hate for SJP.

by Anonymousreply 358July 11, 2021 10:10 PM

Kim isn’t exactly that talented an actress either

by Anonymousreply 359July 12, 2021 1:23 AM

I’m old enough to still think of Kim as the gym teacher who howled in Porky’s.

by Anonymousreply 360July 12, 2021 1:27 AM

For the Ab Fab fans doesn't SJP's dress look like Edina Monsoon's dress for the "PR PR's Person of the Year" luncheon? I was looking for photos and couldn't find,

by Anonymousreply 361July 12, 2021 4:05 AM

The thing I remember Kim Cattrall most for is Manequin I loved that movie as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 362July 12, 2021 4:13 AM

Cynthia Nixon should be thanking her lucky stars. She was ugly and I don’t remember her from anything. This show us her only claim to fame, even then she was always the odd one out. Without it she’d never have the lifestyle she does.

by Anonymousreply 363July 12, 2021 4:22 AM

…………

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364July 12, 2021 4:34 AM

Miranda was a good character. Being known for one of the most iconic shows isn’t bad. Most actors would kill to have had a run like Cynthia.

by Anonymousreply 365July 12, 2021 4:39 AM

R363 How does Kim steal the show for 6 years then sour puss dykey lady end up with the Emmy? I’d rather Charlotte have had before Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 366July 12, 2021 4:42 AM

Sandra Bernhard was offered the role of Miranda before Cynthia Nixon and turned it down because of the low pay.

by Anonymousreply 367July 12, 2021 4:44 AM

Sandra Bernhard would've been awful as Miranda, she wouldn't have fit with the show at all.

by Anonymousreply 368July 12, 2021 4:56 AM

Sandra Bernhard is almost 70 years old now so she would fit in that way.

by Anonymousreply 369July 12, 2021 4:59 AM

HBO won't renew it if it's not a money maker, as they are shelling out a fortune for the 3 actresses. I bet the actors are being overpaid as well.

by Anonymousreply 370July 12, 2021 5:01 AM

I agree r368, it’d be like Grace Jones as Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 371July 12, 2021 5:01 AM

The mystery is how SJP got 3 seasons of her craptastic series "Divorce". Who watched that?

by Anonymousreply 372July 12, 2021 5:03 AM

How will Samantha's absence be explained?

by Anonymousreply 373July 12, 2021 5:04 AM

"It's like it's still 1998! Not a day has past!"

by Anonymousreply 374July 12, 2021 5:04 AM

[quote]R26 I would imagine they're each making enough money to go out and buy a super nice condo. Something that's in a dream location. They can be really picky and spend the extra on the bigger kitchen, the extra room with the walk-in closet.

Couldn’t they afford that already, without embarrassing themselves further?

by Anonymousreply 375July 12, 2021 5:06 AM

I still don’t know why it’s not called SATC.

It does well in syndication on E!. It will be a hit on HBO.

As for Samantha, honestly, they really should kill her off. It would be realistic.

by Anonymousreply 376July 12, 2021 5:22 AM

Sandra B also said it would be hell putting up with SJP’s shit and the script wasn’t smart.

by Anonymousreply 377July 12, 2021 5:40 AM

Samantha dead from breast cancer would be realistic but the show isn’t realistic. It’s Baby Jane SJP twee ass masturbation fodder.

by Anonymousreply 378July 12, 2021 5:43 AM

What is it with the elder gays on here thinking this Baby Jane shit to put down older actresses is witty or funny.

by Anonymousreply 379July 12, 2021 5:47 AM

R379 it's an actress refusing to let go of a story/character and not moving on. SATC was DONE. The movies were awful. This will probably be worse, but SJP can't let go.

by Anonymousreply 380July 12, 2021 5:56 AM

R380 THEN DON’T WATCH!

by Anonymousreply 381July 12, 2021 6:02 AM

Oh for fuck’s sake with that shit, r381. YES, I’m sure you never thought anything was going to be an utter shitshow and then posted about it on DL. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 382July 12, 2021 6:07 AM

R381 = Willie Garson

by Anonymousreply 383July 12, 2021 6:09 AM

If they're just going to do the same show they did 20 years ago it's going to be an epic disaster. If they take into account how much has changed in NYC and society at large and address how much older they all are it just might work.

Nobody wants to see a bunch of old women tottering around in short skirts and five inch heels, getting drunk and partying like they're still 32.

by Anonymousreply 384July 12, 2021 6:28 AM

Speaking of Sex & The City, I was just catching up on this entertaining thread when I stumbled upon R124. I 99.9% sure I fucked the guy behind the tweet at R124. A friend dragged me to Marie's Crisis which... is like torture for me. Love the theatre, but I prefer it stays IN the theatre. Drunken theatre nerd singalongs aren't for me. But, anyway, I'm almost positive I met that guy there and then fucked the stuffing out of him at his hotel. Cute, nebbish and a REALLY good bottom as I recall. I didn't realize he was a Twitter gay.

by Anonymousreply 385July 12, 2021 6:37 AM

60+ year old sluts walking around a city

by Anonymousreply 386July 12, 2021 6:38 AM

[quote] I met that guy there and then fucked the stuffing out of him at his hotel.

Hot R385.

by Anonymousreply 387July 12, 2021 6:48 AM

R385 I don't think "nebbish" is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 388July 12, 2021 6:53 AM

Nebbish can be hot. Harry Goldenblatt was hot. I love a hot nebbish top with a thick, meaty kosher sausage. I need the stuffing fucked out me, pronto!

by Anonymousreply 389July 12, 2021 6:55 AM

Their eyes are demonic . Does too much face work do that?

by Anonymousreply 390July 12, 2021 7:02 AM

R385 cute and nebbish, but not so cute and nebbish that you bothered to learn his name.

by Anonymousreply 391July 12, 2021 7:04 AM

Some of the queens (or is it just one obsessed loon) screaming "Then don't watch", how iconic the characters are and how beloved Carrie is sound like some of the crazy fans I know who treated the two movies as though they were some sort of celebration. One particularly loony one boasted about mixing Cosmos at the cinema and forcing his friends to drink them and toast the "great achievement" of the movie.

When asked why he would do such a thing he looked puzzled and replied, "Because they are gay ICONS!" This I don't understand. Samantha maybe, but why the hell would Miranda or Charlotte or even dumb gold-digging bitch Carrie be gay icons?

by Anonymousreply 392July 12, 2021 7:08 AM

So focused on age. The posters here are sad. I know you’re all incels now but let the older gals do what they want. Age is just a number.

by Anonymousreply 393July 12, 2021 7:09 AM

Nebbish: a person, especially a man, who is regarded as pitifully ineffectual, timid, or submissive.

by Anonymousreply 394July 12, 2021 7:23 AM

How does Carry get her pussy nice and wet for a night out on the town with the gals? She picks the scabs!

by Anonymousreply 395July 12, 2021 7:27 AM

Those characters are not gay icons. There is some connection to gay culture or gay men but its curdled and unsavory.

by Anonymousreply 396July 12, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote] But, anyway, I'm almost positive I met that guy there and then fucked the stuffing out of him at his hotel.

I just got a look at him. I wouldn't brag about it if I were you.

by Anonymousreply 397July 12, 2021 9:21 AM

Thanks for the link, R348 -- you made my day!

by Anonymousreply 398July 12, 2021 1:14 PM

Notice no one talks about how Chris Noth has gained weight and looks like shit. He has always looked old for his age too.

by Anonymousreply 399July 12, 2021 1:29 PM

And he had work done.

by Anonymousreply 400July 12, 2021 1:30 PM

If soap operas can drag on for decades and nerds can watch 10,000 iterations of Star Trek and Star Wars, then there is no harm in SATC coming back. If you don't want to watch it...don't. Nobody gives a shit!

by Anonymousreply 401July 12, 2021 1:58 PM

I would actually respect them for having Samantha dead from breast cancer. It fits with the character's history and would underline that for these characters, it's not the 90s anymore. People are growing old and in some cases dying. Dead Big (from heart trouble) would make sense, too.

If they wanted to make a thoughtful series that meditates on the autumn of one's years rather than a fashion parade/screechfest, the series might work. I doubt that's what they're going for, though.

by Anonymousreply 402July 12, 2021 1:58 PM

The trouble is SJP doesn't really have the range to play life's losses, does she? The loss of a friend is smaller scale but the loss of a husband. In normal human beings that's usually massive. Though Michael Patrick King will probably just have her go on a shoe buying spree.

by Anonymousreply 403July 12, 2021 2:06 PM

They could always set the series a couple of years after the death of Big. It's been more than 10 years since the second movie, so a lot could happen in that time. Samantha's funeral could open the series and get Carrie, a rich widow who's been at loose ends for some time, looking back on her history and thinking about what the rest of her life holds for her. SJP does neurotic longing pretty well, so she could handle that.

I'd have Charlotte dealing with being the mother of independent teenagers who will soon go to college: She's defined herself as a wife and mother for 15 years, so what now? Perhaps she could open a small gallery of her own, getting back to the career she abandoned all those years ago. Miranda could have a health problem that doesn't kill her but requires her to take early retirement. She's been a workaholic since her teens (Harvard-educated lawyer and all that), so what does SHE do with herself? If Miranda is also divorced, that just leaves her more at a loss about her life. Maybe she ends up giving free legal counsel to working-class folks who can't afford a lawyer.

If they'd offered Kim a storyline where Samantha is during of breast cancer during the series, having to first make peace with her family (she mentions a mom and siblings during the original run of the show but has obviously cut herself off from them), her life as she lived it, etc., Kim might have been interested in playing that.

It could be a really interesting series: What is life all about when it's no longer about shopping, shoes, sex, and cocktails? IDK if the current fans of the show would want to watch that, though. It also couldn't go longer than about 4-5 episodes, with one episode devoted to each of the 4 women (or 3 if Kim didn't come back) and then a finale to tie things up.

by Anonymousreply 404July 12, 2021 3:53 PM

*where Samantha is DYING of breast cancer during the series

by Anonymousreply 405July 12, 2021 3:54 PM

R393, NEWSFLASH: If anyone is 'focused on age', it's the sad actresses involved in the shitshow, with all their fillers, snapchat filters, photoshop requirements in their contracts, etc..

by Anonymousreply 406July 12, 2021 4:12 PM

***********************Sarah Jessica Parker*****************

**********************This woman is an ICON***************

by Anonymousreply 407July 12, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote] What is life all about when it's no longer about shopping, shoes, sex, and cocktails?

We covered that.

by Anonymousreply 408July 12, 2021 5:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409July 12, 2021 6:09 PM

That's so sad. Looks like bad cheekbone implants that are pulling her whole face out of proportion.

by Anonymousreply 410July 12, 2021 6:10 PM

R409 the sarcasm in that headline is extraordinary even for Dailymail.

by Anonymousreply 411July 12, 2021 6:16 PM

I love the Mail. It is a total cunt but dammit, in a great way.

I love the page headline: How does she do it? Kristin Davis, 56, looks VERY youthful on Sex And The City set as she films alongside Sarah Jessica Parker in New York

by Anonymousreply 412July 12, 2021 6:21 PM

I'm worried that they're going to fall and break a hip walking around in those heels.

by Anonymousreply 413July 12, 2021 6:21 PM

Your continuous reaching out is a painful reminder of how cruel you really were then and now.

by Anonymousreply 414July 12, 2021 6:24 PM

Kristin Davis as Charlotte York. I always thought of her as Jackie On Assistance but Prettier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415July 12, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]R404 It's been more than 10 years since the second movie, so a lot could happen in that time.

Maybe Samantha absconded with Horseface’s husband, and everyone’s forbidden to discuss them.

by Anonymousreply 416July 12, 2021 6:30 PM

More from the dailymail:

Sarah Jessica Parker was a vision of sophistication as she filmed scenes wearing in a chic baby pink coat and pleated white dress on Monday.

Sarah looked stunning with her wavy brunette hair styled into a low ponytail and her complexion accentuated with bronze blush and smoky eye shadow.

by Anonymousreply 417July 12, 2021 6:33 PM

Imagine DM editors brainstorming those cunty headlines in their cunty English accents.

by Anonymousreply 418July 12, 2021 6:41 PM

R418 hahaha love it! I wish "brainstorming those cunty headlines in their cunty English accents" was a sound option on of those sleep sound machines.

by Anonymousreply 419July 12, 2021 6:47 PM

The inclusion of pictures of young Kristin so that readers could make an immediate direct comparison between her former and current faces was an especially nice touch.

by Anonymousreply 420July 12, 2021 6:50 PM

And people think we're bad.

by Anonymousreply 421July 12, 2021 7:20 PM

My guess is "Samantha moved to LA". Easy enough for her career. If they kill her off, it just looks like SJP being petty.

by Anonymousreply 422July 12, 2021 7:46 PM

OMG, those pics of SJP is the pink trench: I thought her wig cap was showing...

by Anonymousreply 423July 12, 2021 8:17 PM

DM is a right wing rag so of course the ageists here love it.

I get being bitchy and having fun with this but you are all saying the same shit in the same way over and over and over. I blocked one ageist freak and 72 replies disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 424July 12, 2021 8:20 PM

How many threads is the obsessed SATC troll going to start about this reboot?

by Anonymousreply 425July 12, 2021 8:22 PM

Daily Mail has the best celeb news and the best pictures.

by Anonymousreply 426July 12, 2021 8:23 PM

And do you feel better, R424, because I can pretty much promise you nobody gives a flying fuck so that balm of the spirit may be misplaced.

Freak.

by Anonymousreply 427July 12, 2021 8:36 PM

R408, yes, Davis looks overfilled, and needs to especially lose those ducklips, but she DOES at least look a LOT younger than SJP who is supposedly the same age.

by Anonymousreply 428July 12, 2021 8:46 PM

SJP looks like a cicada in consignment.

by Anonymousreply 429July 12, 2021 9:02 PM

SJP looks like a praying mantis now.

by Anonymousreply 430July 12, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote] [R48] a guy brought the first movie over to my dorm to watch on a date. it was so bad, I didn't put out.

Too bad you didn’t rent [italic]Lysistrata[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 431July 12, 2021 9:13 PM

They should get the evergreen and still youthful Suzanne Somers to play the fourth friend. Somers, already a multiple Tony and Emmy winner and Oscar nominee, doesn't need the paycheck thanks to get poncho empire, but this might be a fun distraction for TV's biggest megastar. Besides Somers is still having sex five or six times a day every day and could actually relate to the scripts, whereas these other three look like they haven't got laid since the show ended.

by Anonymousreply 432July 12, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote] Imagine DM editors brainstorming those cunty headlines in their cunty English accents.

Roight then… we’ve got Sarah Jessica Paaaaahkuh racing at Ascot, the pale po-faced lezzer appearing as the Dyke of Christmas Paaast, and Kristin Davys looking as though she’s hoovered her own lips.

by Anonymousreply 433July 12, 2021 9:19 PM

First show: Carrie has to walk past Scabbie the Rat and Conde Nast union organizers to get to Vogue. She takes the wrong turn, wanders into Teen Vogue, and gets excoriated by the editors. Finally, she arrives at Vogue where Anna takes her to lunch and informs her that her freelance contract is being cancelled in favor of young writers. On the way home, she walks past a construction site, and none of the workers acknowledge her presence. She gets a Patreon account and writes about how invisible she feels because she is over 40. Then, on a whim, she puts on a bikini, takes a picture for Tinder and is deluged with interest from younger men, who see her jewelry and want to be supported by her.

Big has divorced her for a younger woman. He hides his corpulence by wearing a caftan all the time. He was a fund raiser for Trump and is now under the Southern District of New York's scrutiny.

Charlotte, also divorced, is told by her kids that she's boring. She embarks on a series of adventures including dating her female Peloton instructor but decided it's always best to be yourself.

Miranda, who is--guess what--divorced, is out of a job when her firm downsized. She hatches a crazy scheme with her best friends--guest stars Mark Ruffalo and Susan Sarandon--to run for governor of New York. She wins in a landslide. What fun.

by Anonymousreply 434July 12, 2021 11:03 PM

Maybe fat Big will have a heart attack while fucking Carrie missionary. She suffocates and dies under his girth.

Two birds, one fat stone...

by Anonymousreply 435July 12, 2021 11:31 PM

Kristin Davis is looking VERY youthful!

by Anonymousreply 436July 12, 2021 11:34 PM

I don’t see all of them aren’t divorced. Although I like R435’s idea of Big dying during sex with Horseface in the first scene.

by Anonymousreply 437July 13, 2021 12:46 AM

The "VERY" in the DM headline is classic, but, the stilletto is plunged from the very first with "How does she do it?"

It leaves the, obvious, unsaid answer dangling exquisitely in the air; obvious as neon.

by Anonymousreply 438July 13, 2021 1:18 AM

[quote] writes about how invisible she feels because she is over 40

Is she a Datalounger? It takes some serious chutzpah for someone pushing 60 to describe themselves as “over 40.”

by Anonymousreply 439July 13, 2021 1:19 AM

Precisely the point. Carrie would never admit to be almost a senior citizen.

by Anonymousreply 440July 13, 2021 4:00 AM

What SHOULD happen:

•Samantha and Big are dead (cancer and heart attack). Big died in his office a decade ago after learning that the Feds were just outside the door and about to arrest him for embezzlement.

•Charlotte got fat and moved to the burbs. Still married to Harry, but he's fucking interns on the side. Their Asian daughter is a slut who steals all of Charlotte's vintage Chanel and cuts them up to modernise them.

•Miranda and Steve are divorced. Brady is a druggie. Miranda is still working, and as angry at the world as ever.

•Carrie is broke and homeless, she has lost her mind and her teeth. She trades gobbies for cigarettes and pushes all her worldly belongings around in a shopping cart, wearing the raggedy fur coat from the original series.

•Stanford and Anthony are still married. They're just a pair of bickering, old queens who dote on their dogs.

•Smith Jerrod is a huge movie star, thankful that he left the city behind and never had to associate with Sam's hag friends again.

•Aiden retires to his cabin in Sufferin and lives his days out as a fat, old Trumper. Still friends with Steve.

•Steve will never be anything other than a bartender. In the divorce, he lost everything and had to go back to pouring drinks. Whatever little cash he can scrape together, he gives to his druggie son.

We see the characters in a series of vignettes, linked together through Carrie's ramblings as she traipses around the city in her shitty old Manolo's, evading arrest for theft and public urination.

The end scene is Carrie sitting on the steps of her old apartment, dying from emphysema and clutching onto her 'Carrie' necklace with her wizened old hands, as SJP narrates "...and just like that, I was home, waiting for Big to pick me up for our date." Cue death rattle and outro.

by Anonymousreply 441July 13, 2021 4:07 AM

R441 that would be perfect. But, alas, this is a vanity project.

by Anonymousreply 442July 13, 2021 4:10 AM

That would be so amazing.

by Anonymousreply 443July 13, 2021 4:11 AM

R441 - That might be the best post I’ve read here in years.

by Anonymousreply 444July 13, 2021 4:32 AM

You are limited R444 to the comments posted here for years.

by Anonymousreply 445July 13, 2021 5:01 AM

Maybe it will not test well with audiences and they will indeed bring in Suzanne Somers as Samantha.

The other three will be grateful because she’ll make them look younger.

by Anonymousreply 446July 13, 2021 7:31 AM

Oh god, the moaning about the DM being so tawdry. Snore. Well, it IS the DL paper of record. Don't stay too long for their "journalism", but they outdo everyone in the game for photos, which are priceless and what in a large part we are here for.

by Anonymousreply 447July 13, 2021 10:09 AM

R446, I'm sure Carrie would think Suzanne's 8-way poncho is just "retro fabulous". I think Suzanne should wear her Chrissy ponytail and clown makeup on this show too.

by Anonymousreply 448July 13, 2021 10:54 AM

R2 Surprise! Kim Catrall wasn't the only one who didn't re-sign!

by Anonymousreply 449July 13, 2021 11:00 AM

*Cattrall

by Anonymousreply 450July 13, 2021 11:06 AM

I'd like to see SJP and Julianna Margulies (both in character, of course) have a bitch-fight over who "gets" Big (or whoever he is). Christine Baranski (also in character) can fill in for Samantha as the fourth in the SATC foursome.

Whaddya think, DL? It'd be the best mashup since The Practice morphed into Boston Legal.

by Anonymousreply 451July 13, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote] Sorry, it just doesn’t work without Samantha.

Oh honey, at this stage of the game all three of them are Samanthas. But without the wit and moxie.

by Anonymousreply 452July 13, 2021 11:57 AM

R45 But there won't be any fight, Alicia dumped "Big/Fmr. Governor" and left him for good, Carrie can have him 24x7.

by Anonymousreply 453July 13, 2021 12:11 PM

R453

Have you seen Chris Noth lately? Carrie could find better shopping at the A&P on a Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 13, 2021 12:15 PM

I’d have like to see the show take a darker turn. Samantha dead, Carrie widowed, Charlotte divorced, Miranda diagnosed bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 455July 13, 2021 12:34 PM

What would make these women interesting is having something they care deeply about. Not each other and not their significant others. That's why the show can't possibly work.

Also, friendships taper off when people marry and have kids.

by Anonymousreply 456July 13, 2021 12:51 PM

It depends R456. If you are married with no kids and your friends have kids then the friendship might end. If all of you have kids you have the bonding of the kids.

by Anonymousreply 457July 13, 2021 12:53 PM

R452, not Miranda though. She and Samantha were polar opposites in one aspect. Samantha was always very non-judgmental and open-minded whereas Miranda judged everyone and everything.

by Anonymousreply 458July 13, 2021 12:57 PM

So far every single day of shooting has been documented on social media. Where they’re shooting, what they’re wearing. I’m tired of it already.

by Anonymousreply 459July 13, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote]I’d have like to see the show take a darker turn. Samantha dead, Carrie widowed, Charlotte divorced, Miranda diagnosed bipolar.

I’d have like to see the show take a darker turn. Samantha dead, Carrie widowed [italic]and almost broke[/italic], Charlotte divorced [italic]and pre-rehab alcoholic[/italic], Miranda diagnosed bipolar [italic]and refusing treatment[/italic].

Now you got yourself something worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 460July 13, 2021 2:22 PM

I'd swap that to Miranda divorced, Charlotte diagnosed bipolar. She was always the one who'd be Snow White one minute and shrieking harpy the next.

by Anonymousreply 461July 13, 2021 2:34 PM

are they going to finger their snatches at brunch and scream?

no?

i'm not going

by Anonymousreply 462July 13, 2021 2:35 PM

R404 It could have been a good, thoughtful show back then, too, but look what we got.

by Anonymousreply 463July 13, 2021 2:40 PM

R441 Amazing ;)

by Anonymousreply 464July 13, 2021 2:43 PM

I want to see Carrie, divorced, broke and desperate, trying to trap some rich MAGA businessman into marrying her and turning into a Dee Plorable.

by Anonymousreply 465July 13, 2021 3:14 PM

R441, are young of the original writers? Please tell us what happened to Skipper!

by Anonymousreply 466July 13, 2021 5:53 PM

[R441], are you one of the original writers? Please tell us what happened to Skipper!

by Anonymousreply 467July 13, 2021 5:54 PM

Dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468July 13, 2021 6:40 PM

I don't get the photo at R468

by Anonymousreply 469July 13, 2021 7:00 PM

I want to see Carrie as a vampire, Miranda as a zombie, Charlotte as a werewolf and all of three haunted by the malevolent ghost of Samantha. That I might watch.

by Anonymousreply 470July 13, 2021 10:44 PM

When the Carrie Diaries was desperate to raise viewers, they added Samantha.

A long in the tooth vanity project missing a key player? Good luck, SJP

by Anonymousreply 471July 13, 2021 11:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472July 13, 2021 11:16 PM

SJP is...territorial. From 2013:

“Sex and the City” columnist Candace Bushnell hit back at Sarah Jessica Parker after the “The Carrie Diaries” got a less-than-flattering assessment from the original Carrie Bradshaw.

In a March interview with Net-a-Porter’s The Edit, Parker admitted that she wasn’t exactly impressed with the CW’s “Sex and the City” prequel series set in the 1980s. “I’m not sure… You know, I think it’s one of those tests of your generosity,” Parker said. “She [AnnaSophia Robb, who plays Bradshaw] is a lovely girl and I want her to feel good about it, but it’s… odd.”

In retaliation, Bushnell defended Robb’s interpretation of the iconic shoe-loving character made famous by SJP on the original HBO series, adding that Parker also played a well-loved character before she hit it big.

“The reality is, that’s showbiz,” Bushnell told The Daily Beast. “Sarah Jessica’s first part was somebody else’s part. She played Annie on Broadway. She understands how these things work.”

In its first season, “The Carrie Diaries” has drawn an average of 1.5 million viewers and might not be renewed for a second season, The Daily Beast reports.

Bushnell, who penned the original “Sex and the City” column for The New York Observer and conceived of the 2010 YA-novel, “The Carrie Diaries,” wants viewers to give the freshman drama another chance, especially because she doesn’t think modern-day Carrie and company should come back for a third “SATC” movie.

“Look, Sarah Jessica Parker is 47. I think with the second movie, Carrie Bradshaw couldn’t be an ingenue anymore,” she said. “But I think they were stuck doing what the audience wanted.”

She added, “Realistically, a middle-aged woman who was married without children would be much more focused on her career and less focused on this Mr. Big: ‘Does he love me?’ … ‘Does he still not love me?’ I mean, I think it was coming to the end of what they could do with the character.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473July 13, 2021 11:32 PM

I liked the Carrie Diaries. Why was it a test of SJP’s “generosity”?

by Anonymousreply 474July 13, 2021 11:35 PM

R472 Christ on the cross, am I the only one who thinks those shoes look absurdly uncomfortable?

by Anonymousreply 475July 13, 2021 11:36 PM

R474 because no one else can EVER call themselves Carrie Bradshaw EVER!!

by Anonymousreply 476July 13, 2021 11:37 PM

R27

Good Lord, that photo needs to come with a viewer warning! Shudder

by Anonymousreply 477July 13, 2021 11:58 PM

For you, R466

•After realising that NYC was full of vapid whores, Skipper moved to Cleveland. He opened an internet cafe and met a nice, sensible woman of Scandinavian stock. They are happily married. Skipper will read Carrie's obituary online and, thank his lucky stars he never got further drawn into her drama.

•Berger went on to great success after his initial disappointment as an author. He got a writing gig at SNL where he met Nina Katz. They hit it off immediately, and when they discovered they both knew Carrie, they created a character based on her - Hammie Rickshaw.

•Enid finds love with a stunning French female photographer she meets through work. She retires from Vogue, and travels on assignment with her wife. They bump into Petrovsky whilst in France, and Enid is amused at herself for ever thinking she desired such a wiry old, chain smoking dilettante. They do however engage in some wicked snarking about Miss Bradshaw over a bottle of champagne.

by Anonymousreply 478July 14, 2021 12:03 AM

R476, it makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 479July 14, 2021 12:04 AM

Anyone asked Bushnell about this latest abortion? I’m assuming she gets cut a cheque

by Anonymousreply 480July 14, 2021 12:16 AM

R469 that’s Julie Klausner(sp) from her show with a Billy Eichner called Difficult People (which is funny as shit)

It’s a character she played called Patches. You have to watch the episode to get it.

by Anonymousreply 481July 14, 2021 12:42 AM

Miranda seems like she would be outrageously angry in today’s world. I think she should snap and kill that Latinx non-binary character.

by Anonymousreply 482July 14, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote]She added, “Realistically, a middle-aged woman who was married without children would be much more focused on her career and less focused on this Mr. Big: ‘Does he love me?’ … ‘Does he still not love me?’ I mean, I think it was coming to the end of what they could do with the character.”

This is definitely true.

by Anonymousreply 483July 14, 2021 12:51 AM

[quote] because no one else can EVER call themselves Carrie Bradshaw EVER!!

[quote]—SJP, foaming at the mouth

Sounds like you’ve come down with colic, SJP. Call your vet.

by Anonymousreply 484July 14, 2021 1:28 AM

SJP’s cunty comments about Carrie Diaries makes me understand why Kim hates her. Also, Anna Sophia Robb is very, very pretty so clearly Carrie was in a disfiguring accident before she moved to nyc.

by Anonymousreply 485July 14, 2021 2:50 AM

R469 it’s an episode of Difficult People where Julie is accidentally mistaken for being retarded

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486July 14, 2021 2:53 AM

OMG, R441/R478, you are fucking amazing! I was reading your plot synopsis outloud to a friend via a voice memo chat and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get through it the whole thing. I had tears coming down my face I was laughing so hard. Thank you for that. You should really submit these ideas. They are fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 487July 14, 2021 4:06 AM

This thread is almost full, yet people are claiming there’s no interest in this and nobody is going to watch it?

by Anonymousreply 488July 14, 2021 4:15 AM

Oh we’ll hate watch and fill up several threads discussing how awful it is. It’s the Datalounge way

by Anonymousreply 489July 14, 2021 4:20 AM

R488 you've never watched a slow moving train wreck?

by Anonymousreply 490July 14, 2021 4:21 AM

Whoever starts part 2, please add a poll: Which will be a bigger mess: The movies or this revival?

by Anonymousreply 491July 14, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote]R490 you've never watched a slow moving train wreck?

The new “Sex and the City” fiasco will be kind of like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 14, 2021 4:30 AM

R489 makes me excited for the inevitable [italic]Girls[/italic] revival, which will then need to one up this trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 493July 14, 2021 4:45 AM

Shitting on SATC is one of DL's favorite pastimes.

by Anonymousreply 494July 14, 2021 5:04 AM

I KNEW I shouldn't have signed up for that Mirabella trial subscription!

by Anonymousreply 495July 14, 2021 5:23 AM

If the new series has any sex scenes they would qualify as necrophilia

by Anonymousreply 496July 14, 2021 5:26 AM

The girls should all do ecstasy and have a blurry 3-way. Maybe that would make it interesting.

by Anonymousreply 497July 14, 2021 5:40 AM

Carrie should get jealous of Brady and Charlotte's kids and decide that she wants to get pregnant. With menopause just around the corner (in her fictional world she is probably still only 45) it's a race against Father Time to turn Big into Big Daddy. Will Carrie become a proud mom? Will Samantha send her a "Fuck You, you sellout" card on hearing the news about Carrie trying to have a baby? Will Carrie decide to raise her baby as an enby because it would be fabulous?

by Anonymousreply 498July 14, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote] With menopause just around the corner (in her fictional world she is probably still only 45)

Carrie was 47 in SATC 2. She really is in a race against time.

Maybe she can adopt an Asian baby like Charlotte did and try to dress her up in Vivien Westwood, only to discover her daughter is a dork. She would rather study DNA than take MDNA and has no fashion sense at all. In fact she hates fashion and thinks her mother dresses like a clown. She won't even turn up to Carrie's high society book events. Carrie couldn't help but wonder, "what's the point of having children if they won't turn up to launches."

Carrie comes home drunk on Cosmos, Big having long since left for a younger LA starlet, and Little Carrie or LC has to put her drunken mom to bed night after night. while enduring her tedious, obnoxious friends in the process.

by Anonymousreply 499July 14, 2021 6:37 AM

R499, Carrie should call her daughter Saffron. Nicknamed Saffy.

by Anonymousreply 500July 14, 2021 6:42 AM

LOl, R500. I'm getting some serious Edina Monsoon vibes from the daily photos posted.

by Anonymousreply 501July 14, 2021 6:50 AM

R499 / R501, it will also be a sly nod at AbFab considering that AbFab did an episode where Edina, Patsy and their friends were sitting in a restaurant and talking about how they were like the SATC women. This was after Edina had lost a bit of weight, I think. Edina said she'd be Sarah Jessica Parker and pointed at her curly hair (I think), only to have the other women laugh and Katy Grin to say, "You're still too fat."

Carrie could have an episode where she "wonders" if she is turning into Eddie and Patsy from AbFab.

by Anonymousreply 502July 14, 2021 7:03 AM

More or less what I expect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503July 14, 2021 7:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504July 14, 2021 7:20 AM

Thanks R478. You are awesome! I am married already otherwise I would ask. I knew Skipper would be the one who dodged the toxic bullet. I hope he was able to transfer his "Internet Cafe" into something more sustainable. I suspect he moved to Philly with his lovely wife and they run Four Seasons Total Landscaping now.

by Anonymousreply 505July 14, 2021 12:12 PM

Carrie hires Jennifer Hudson to carry her baby and pays her in handbags.

by Anonymousreply 506July 14, 2021 2:15 PM

Girl, I ain't wipin' no baby ass if all dat bitch gon' give me is another FUGly bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507July 14, 2021 2:31 PM

Whoever starts the Part II thread, can you please title it asking how Kristin Davis does it remaining looking VERY youthful?

by Anonymousreply 508July 14, 2021 4:56 PM

We should have a poll asking which SATC biddy looks the freshest and the most youthful. Will Kristin Davis appear twice in the poll, once as a regular option and once as the 'Vivian Vance' option?

by Anonymousreply 509July 14, 2021 5:00 PM

I like the idea of it all being a fantasy/dream aka Wizard of Oz. That Carrie is actually frumpy housewife in bumfuck USA, with 8 kids and a redneck husband. Think akin to Roseanne. Camera pans up to SJP typing away and she not the glamorous Carrie Bradshaw. It was all in her imagination. The end.

by Anonymousreply 510July 14, 2021 5:56 PM

R504 I had never seen those. Very well done. I laughed.

by Anonymousreply 511July 14, 2021 11:15 PM

[quote] Shitting on SATC is one of DL's favorite pastimes.

SATC is just an anagram of SCAT. Carrie was really in to Mr. Big's Big Doo-Doos.

by Anonymousreply 512July 14, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote] Carrie comes home drunk on Cosmos, Big having long since left for a younger LA starlet, and Little Carrie or LC has to put her drunken mom to bed night after night. while enduring her tedious, obnoxious friends in the process.

So LC is basically the new Saffron from Absolutely Fabulous?

by Anonymousreply 513July 14, 2021 11:25 PM

Three new cast mates were announced today. All women of color.

by Anonymousreply 514July 15, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote] Three new cast mates were announced today. All women of color.

Rita Moreno, Pam Grier, and France Nuyen. They gotta make Sarah look young somehow!

by Anonymousreply 515July 15, 2021 1:05 AM

Well, it's nice to get those three. Pity they can't have their own show.

by Anonymousreply 516July 15, 2021 1:08 AM

Actually something that the show could address, but likely won't, is Brady or one of Charlotte's daughters being not just woke but very puritanical and prudish. The kid could question, criticize or challenge stuff Carrie, Charlotte or Miranda might have done or said in the past. Maybe Carrie gets attacked on social media or even canceled because some wokester was offended by something she wrote in her column twenty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 517July 15, 2021 5:05 AM

[quote] "The end scene is Carrie sitting on the steps of her old apartment, dying from emphysema and clutching onto her 'Carrie' necklace with her wizened old hands, as SJP narrates "...and just like that, I was home, waiting for Big to pick me up for our date." Cue death rattle and outro."

Emphysema isn't funny (an aunt died from it), but I laughed out loud at this! 🤣 I love you, R441.

by Anonymousreply 518July 15, 2021 5:29 AM

Still missing that 99% representation

by Anonymousreply 519July 15, 2021 5:57 AM

Would Samantha be canceled for committing literal violence against a Trans sex worker of color?

by Anonymousreply 520July 15, 2021 5:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521July 15, 2021 7:16 AM

Will there be any sex in this version?

by Anonymousreply 522July 15, 2021 7:20 AM

So fucking pandering, hiring all these minority characters no one gives a shit about, most of all the writers.

by Anonymousreply 523July 15, 2021 7:25 AM

I'm just glad it's not Maya Rudolph, who's shoehorned into everything these days.

by Anonymousreply 524July 15, 2021 7:38 AM

They've added 2 black socialites to the group and one Indian MD.

by Anonymousreply 525July 15, 2021 7:41 AM

Unless SJP, Maya has better things to do

by Anonymousreply 526July 15, 2021 7:52 AM

I"ll remember Nixon for being lucky enough to be in Amadeus, and Charlotte as Billy's crazy girlfriend after Allison from Melrose Place. Parker had Square Pegs and Ed Wood, and she was charming in L.A. Story. I've never called her "horseface," but she is really trying my patience these days.

Cattrall made SaTC. That series just won't age well outside of her. I learned what a pearl necklace was from her. And not the kind of pearls you can clutch when you're at the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 527July 15, 2021 8:13 AM

Cynthia Nixon was also in the eldergay teen movie, Little Darlings with Tatum O'Neal and Kristy McNichol.. I read this on another thread and was surprised she has been along as she has.

by Anonymousreply 528July 15, 2021 8:29 AM

Cynthia Nixon was in the "iconic" movie, Baby's Day Out. SJP was funny in The First Wives Club. And Cattrall was in Big Trouble in Little China, wasn't she?

Can't remember if I ever saw Charlotte Davis in anything before Sex.

by Anonymousreply 529July 15, 2021 9:37 AM

I new Kristen from Melrose.

by Anonymousreply 530July 15, 2021 9:57 AM

Nixon has been around since the early 80s. I knew her from a ton of things before SATC. I always had a hard time getting used to the red hair she wore as Miranda because I was so used to her natural blonde. But now that she's gone white? gray? it looks even weirder, maybe because the outfit is so blandly colored.

by Anonymousreply 531July 15, 2021 11:00 AM

No Asians?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532July 15, 2021 11:22 AM

[quote] Will there be any sex in this version?

Not if there's a God

by Anonymousreply 533July 15, 2021 11:34 AM

I actually had a crush on Cynthia Nixon (I know, WTF?) when I was a young gayling and saw here in the PBS film version of Fifth of July. We were roughly the same age. I guess I first knew about SJP from Square Pegs. I didn't watch Melrose Place when it first ran so didn't know who Kristen Davis was prior to SATC. I think of her as a poor woman's version of Allison Brie (physically and mannerisms). Kim Cattrall will also be the orgasmic friend of hottie gym teacher in the original Porky's.

When the show first aired, I was about the same age as these ladies and found the show to be a fantastical, glamorized version of a more ordinary life I was enjoying as a single gay man in Manhattan (like many others). However, now in my mid-50s I cannot fathom still living that lifestyle and have no interest in reliving that regardless of how much I loved it then -- we grow and change, or at least we're supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 534July 15, 2021 11:43 AM

“And Just Like That” is such a terrible name for a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 535July 15, 2021 11:47 AM

R535

"And Just Like That" we were cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 536July 15, 2021 11:55 AM

And Just Like That: Vaginal Prolapse!

by Anonymousreply 537July 15, 2021 11:56 AM

There's a vaginal prolapse cream. I could swear I saw a commercial for it -- Jennifer Beals was singing "What a Feeling!" with modified lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 538July 15, 2021 12:04 PM

If R536 happens, she'll start battling Glenn Close for Norma.

by Anonymousreply 539July 15, 2021 12:06 PM

How could you forget Kim Cattrall in the iconic DL movie Mannequin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540July 15, 2021 12:20 PM

R524 shoehorns her tired snark about Rudolph into every thread.

by Anonymousreply 541July 15, 2021 12:30 PM

It is Kristin, not Kristen people.

by Anonymousreply 542July 15, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote]I'm just glad it's not Maya Rudolph, who's shoehorned into everything these days.

She would be a couple steps up for this piece-of-shit idea.

by Anonymousreply 543July 15, 2021 1:21 PM

Carrie now has podcast and is going through a bitter divorce.

by Anonymousreply 544July 15, 2021 2:34 PM

r543 All three new additions are actually good, underutilized actresses. Rudolph sucks.

by Anonymousreply 545July 15, 2021 2:38 PM

[quote] It is Kristin, not Kristen people.

Sorry, let me correct that. Kristin David.

by Anonymousreply 546July 15, 2021 10:18 PM

As long as it’s not Kirsten.

by Anonymousreply 547July 15, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote]r546 Sorry, let me correct that. Kristin David.

It's Kristin [italic]Davidtz,[/italic] idiot.

Daughter of Embeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548July 15, 2021 10:43 PM

Did they buy the good alfalfa for SJP?

by Anonymousreply 549July 15, 2021 10:45 PM

I used to say I was an embeth, until it got too annoying to keep pretending I cared about you.

by Anonymousreply 550July 16, 2021 2:10 AM

Maybe you had an embetholism?

I sincerely hope not.

by Anonymousreply 551July 16, 2021 2:14 AM

Will SJP be the only one billed before the title again like in the film posters?

by Anonymousreply 552July 16, 2021 2:21 AM

Will Granny Carrie be wearing her tutu and getting splashed with sewer water from the bus? It'll be like some sort of bizarre Baby Jane performance art project.

by Anonymousreply 553July 16, 2021 3:39 AM

Are we the only ones in America making fun of this ill fated project? Or are people in general under the impression this is a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 554July 16, 2021 4:17 AM

Kristin Davis starred in an iconic episode of Seinfeld as Jerry's girlfriend... who unknowingly used a toothbrush he had just dropped in the toilet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555July 16, 2021 7:17 AM

Nothing beats her iconic 80s drag from SATC2 where she managed to resemble Dame Edna Everage more than vintage Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556July 16, 2021 11:09 AM

[quote] Are we the only ones in America making fun of this ill fated project? Or are people in general under the impression this is a good idea?

I feel confident in saying that the rest of American doesn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 557July 16, 2021 11:46 AM

R54 Gosh, Kim really was pretty then. And she looks great today.

by Anonymousreply 558July 16, 2021 11:59 AM

R540 I mean! ^

by Anonymousreply 559July 16, 2021 12:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560July 16, 2021 5:53 PM

Are they really going back to that well again? They'd be better off killing the character.

by Anonymousreply 561July 16, 2021 6:00 PM

Noth, per the article, was talked into by the incredible writing and imagination of Michael Patrick King.

by Anonymousreply 562July 16, 2021 6:04 PM

He was talked into it by a nice fat paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 563July 16, 2021 7:17 PM

That’s the problem with the show, the don’t broaden their horizons. Like said upthread, why not give them real heartbreak to deal with. Especially with Carrie, everything just always goes her way. Big married a supermodel, but he dumped her for Carrie. Carrie strings long and dumps Aiden, but he allows her to buy the apartment at cost. Carrie goes from writing for a dime paper to Vogue. Every man wants Carrie. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 564July 16, 2021 7:47 PM

R564, the show started off examining the lives of single women in NYC, but a few seasons in, it turned into a commercialized fantasy about living a fabulous life in Manhattan. The last seasons and the shitty movies were aimed at the bimbo frauen and their frauleinen who think they too can have a cool SATC lifestyle. Bringing real problems into Carrie's storylines would ruin the fantasy and make the series less 'saleable' to her core fan demographic.

by Anonymousreply 565July 16, 2021 7:55 PM

^ Track it and I bet it was when Star stepped back and King stepped in.

by Anonymousreply 566July 16, 2021 9:36 PM

^Yes, and when SJP became executive producer.

by Anonymousreply 567July 16, 2021 9:39 PM

The show was basically a sitcom for adult women. Their lives were humdrum and bad enough. They watched SATC for escape, not to watch them deal with calamity after calamity. The Samantha cancer storyline was as deep as they were going to go in terms of life and death, and even that was played more for comic relief beside Carrie's dramatic romantic dilemmas.

by Anonymousreply 568July 16, 2021 9:41 PM

Yeah, Samantha's cancer storyline very quickly devolved into "What wacky wig will Samantha wear next?" Cattrall did such a good job in the scene where she asks Carrie to shut up and let her talk about her fears, but it was so brief - they should've given her more of that to do.

by Anonymousreply 569July 16, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote]leaked script reveals marital woes between Carrie and Mr. Big

And I wonder who "leaked" the script??

by Anonymousreply 570July 16, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote]Bringing real problems into Carrie's storylines would ruin the fantasy and make the series less 'saleable' to her core fan demographic.

SJP isn't a good enough actress to deal with real problems and complex storylines.

by Anonymousreply 571July 16, 2021 9:59 PM

I understand the fantasy taking over the reality in the series and movies, but in this third act . They need to do something different. These are women in their late 50s. Life is going to be different.

by Anonymousreply 572July 16, 2021 10:50 PM

With my dyslexia reading SATC always rearranges the letters as SCAT and then with SJP’s picture I’m doubly skeeved out.

by Anonymousreply 573July 16, 2021 11:03 PM

Could it be possible? Will Carrie carry a change of life baby once she and Big are back and better than ever?

by Anonymousreply 574July 16, 2021 11:19 PM

The leaked script could be fake. And they were not married at the NYPL. They were married in City Hall. That article is sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 575July 17, 2021 12:32 AM

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself but I'm watching "Bonfire of the Vanities," the horrific film version of one of my favorite novels. Kim Cattrall plays the wife and her acting is as criminally horrendous as everything else about the movie. I think I have to turn this off.

by Anonymousreply 576July 18, 2021 4:53 PM

That was a terrible movie in every respect. I have never seen a film with so many miscast leads and secondaries.

by Anonymousreply 577July 18, 2021 5:17 PM

Agree r577. Love the book when it came. It really captured the 80s excess and greed

It could have been a good movie, but was horribly miscast in every way. As much as people say Darryl Hannah really stunk up Wall Street, Wall Street was a great representation of the 80s and the casting as (almost) perfect.

by Anonymousreply 578July 18, 2021 11:08 PM

Wall Street was great for what it was. They really should have given bonfire to Martin Scorsese. And cast William hurt as Sherman McCoy.

by Anonymousreply 579July 18, 2021 11:11 PM

The first episode will be Carrie's 40th birthday

by Anonymousreply 580July 20, 2021 2:15 AM

It looks like Natasha, the second Mrs Big, will be part of the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 581July 20, 2021 2:25 AM

Natasha is tasked with hosting a benefit for NYC writers who have been impacted by the coronavirus. Carrie arrives uninvited, in her tacky newspaper print dress, pushing her cart filled to the brim with all the shoes she could scrounge before being unceremoniously evicted from her highrise after Big's demise. She gets up in Natasha's face, screeching about how fabulous she still is and how she won Big. Natasha nods to security, who come and carry a kicking and spitting Bradshaw from the premises. As Carrie lands on the pavement outside, she looks up to see Natasha peering down at her. Natasha flashes a smile, Joe Pesci in Home Alone style, the tooth she damaged when Carrie fled from her years before glinting. Natasha smiles and says "No, bitch, I won." A bus then rattles past, splashing Carrie in filthy water.

by Anonymousreply 582July 20, 2021 2:39 AM

I'm sure Carrie will win Natasha over and they then become friends. Because Carrie always gets her way. And this will be an attempt at some lame #womensupportingwomen shit.

by Anonymousreply 583July 20, 2021 2:53 AM

R582 - I’m truly in awe. I’m imagining a video of your synopsis utilizing the “Stewart” character from “Mad Tv” dressed in drag as Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 584July 20, 2021 2:53 AM

r584 Michael McDonald HAS played Carrie before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585July 20, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote] The first episode will be Carrie's 40th birthday

Oh, so they'll be doing time travel just like Dark Shadows?

by Anonymousreply 586July 20, 2021 2:58 AM

Wow, I thought the Natasha being back was bs. Her being back is kind of weird but it’s probably going to play into the Big stuff. Maybe he’ll cheat and Natasha will gloat ‘what goes around, comes around.’

by Anonymousreply 587July 20, 2021 3:17 AM

You are so funny, R582. I don't know if you are the same writer as upthread, but it's laugh out loud funny.

by Anonymousreply 588July 20, 2021 5:43 AM

Not really. The first one was funny. The Natasha/Carrie one was from hunger.

by Anonymousreply 589July 20, 2021 6:25 AM

Will Carrie find out that Natasha was pregnant with Big's child when they split up and that Big found out about it a year later and has been supporting his child secretly behind Carrie's back? Will Carrie get extremely insecure after Big's son invites him to his graduation ceremony and someone remarks, "What a beautiful, happy family" upon seeing a photo of Natasha, Big, and their son?

"I wondered. Would I always be the other woman, standing outside the window and watching other people's lives without ever fully being a part of them? So what if I look and AM more fabulous than they could ever be? Am I destined to be like the Stella Dallas of Manhattan? Ooh, a new line of shoes and a purse that looks just gorgeous. I must have them!"

by Anonymousreply 590July 20, 2021 6:46 AM

I hope the Natasha character has remarried well and found a good life for herself. She was massively screwed over by Big and Carrie.

It would be beyond belief if Natasha forgave Carrie after Carrie screwed Big in his and Natasha's marital bed.

by Anonymousreply 591July 20, 2021 1:33 PM

I still think Mr Big dies and Carrie is a widow. I can’t imagine Chris Noth wanting to film more than a week on this.

by Anonymousreply 592July 20, 2021 4:50 PM

A pregnant Bridget Moynihan was dumped by her bf for a supermodel and she handled the whole thing beautifully. I’ve always loved her for that.

by Anonymousreply 593July 20, 2021 4:53 PM

Script leak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594July 20, 2021 6:04 PM

Never forget who's in charge, bitches!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595July 20, 2021 6:27 PM

These script leaks are very likely all red herrings.

by Anonymousreply 596July 20, 2021 7:23 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597July 20, 2021 7:44 PM

This thread is now

by Anonymousreply 598July 20, 2021 9:17 PM

OVER.

by Anonymousreply 599July 20, 2021 9:18 PM

I put a curse on them!

by Anonymousreply 600July 20, 2021 9:18 PM

And just like that...it's on to the next thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601July 20, 2021 9:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!