Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Island Kingdom on Tanquir

Thinking about vacationing on Tanquir but don't know that much about it.

Is Cecile still the Queen of Tanquir?

I hear Grant Harrison was hiding out there for a while. Is he still there? Knowing Grant, he's likely plotting to overthrow the king.

I also heard Quinton McCord got into a big showdown with Silas Crocker on Tanquir at some archaeological dig. But that was years and years ago, before Quint was even married to Nola.

What else can you tell me about Tanquir? Is it worth the trouble to going?

by Anonymousreply 9912 hours ago

Back when I was working in Houston for my late Uncle, Alex Wheeler, I was briefly involved with Princess Jasmine of Tanquir.

This would have been before Cecile became the Queen. Wonder how Jasime and Cecile got along.

by Anonymousreply 107/01/2021

If only I'd gone to visit Cecile in Tanquir rather than going to jail!

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2021

Quinton and I have enjoyed the times we visited Tanquir. Except for that one time Silas Crocker tried to kill us.

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2021

I left my car repair shop to head up Tanquir Enterprises but the Board voted me out. I'm still here.

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2021

I'd love to join you, OP but I'll be wintering at Carl Hutchins' estate in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2021

Essay question:

Who was the better Queen of an island nation?

Queen Cecile of Tanquir

Princess Katherine (Reva) of San Cristobel

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2021

Cecile couldn't give the king an heir whereas Princess Katherine did!

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2021

Donna sums up, my girl, Cecile quite nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 807/01/2021

RIP BNSD…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 907/02/2021

While her run as Brand New Sexy Donna was a disaster, Philece was still a good actress. Too bad she didn't get on another soap after AW.

by Anonymousreply 1007/02/2021

Philece likely would have been great is some other role on AW, but she was wrong for the role of Donna.

by Anonymousreply 1107/02/2021

Promos for the Queen of Tanquir before she was the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1207/03/2021

New Year's Eve 1983 in Bay City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1307/03/2021

R13, Thanks for posting that clip featuring ORD. However, out of respect, please only post clips of the recently deceased BNSD for the remainder of the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 1407/03/2021

That dumb queen Nelson Aspen is acting as though Philece was the best Donna ever.

by Anonymousreply 1507/03/2021

There will only ever be one Donna Love for me, and that's Anna Stuart (who also happens to be a fellow native of West Virginia).

Likewise, I prefer Nancy Frangione's Cecile to Susan Keith's. Of course (and thankfully), it helps that Frangione's Cecile is the longer-running. My mother watched this one, and "Days". And even when I was less than ten years old, I LOVED the Cecile storylines...the duplicitous, gold-digging tramp!

by Anonymousreply 1607/03/2021

I used to love how Alma Rudder would call Cecile, "Cecil". I liked the Cecile/Cass/Felicia/Wallingford years. I loved the way she went after Blaine and then the mess she made of Jamie's life was great too. That Jamie Frame was always being duped by women.

by Anonymousreply 1707/03/2021

They still call it THE Guiding Light in Tanquir.

by Anonymousreply 1807/03/2021
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1907/03/2021

Celebrate the Fourth of July in Bay City, circa 1988, with Brand New Sexy Donna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2007/03/2021

Alma Rudder was one of the few bright spots in Bay City in 1982.

1982 and 1987 are probably the two worst years for AW, at least until the late 90s when it was on its way out.

by Anonymousreply 2107/05/2021

Alma Rudder was a lezzie. She ate out Blaine.

by Anonymousreply 2207/06/2021

Darlings, I bow my head in a show of respect for the fictional BNSD.

Dear Philece....well, she did try, didn't she?

As for Cecile.....my feelings about HER are quite well known.

by Anonymousreply 2307/07/2021

A review of the Locher Room sessions with JFP and Nancy Curlee-Stephen Demorest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2407/07/2021

Fuck the fuck off ORD! Philece WAS Donna Love!!! Dumb cunts like you are why we can’t have nice things. Philece was a goddess!

by Anonymousreply 2507/07/2021

R24 Fuck off to ANYONE who has to review JFP. 11 fucking Emmys! How many does the reviewer have???

by Anonymousreply 2607/07/2021

R19 Henry Chamberlain used to go to Fire Island every summer!

by Anonymousreply 2707/08/2021

Anyway......

by Anonymousreply 2807/08/2021

Kelly Nelson showed Henry Chamberlin where to hang out on Fire Island.

by Anonymousreply 2907/08/2021

JFP knew that Beverlee was a LAZY employee and half assed her performances in her final year on the show. Marj Dusay was brilliant casting and brought everyone in the cast together because she worked hard and never complained about anything and everything like Bev.

by Anonymousreply 3007/08/2021

Bev was quite the diva. She left Texas because she was over worked. She left GL because she was over worked. But, daytime was good enough for her when she needed insurance and did a few days on GH to get that insurance. Selfish of her.

by Anonymousreply 3107/08/2021

Good morning to everyone EXCEPT Stacey Winthrop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3207/08/2021

Cecile?

CECILE!

by Anonymousreply 3307/15/2021

[quote]Promos for the Queen of Tanquir before she was the Queen.

I would never have suspected that Frangione would have such a deft comic touch after her early run on the show.

by Anonymousreply 3407/15/2021

Cecile’s pussy stunk.

by Anonymousreply 3507/15/2021

Henderson thread is M'ed.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Wednesday at 5:35 AM

Didn't Reginald Love pull Philece's Donna out of a high-rise window at one point? Did I imagine that?

by Anonymousreply 37Last Wednesday at 5:44 AM

BNSD! How lovely to see you!

by Anonymousreply 38Last Wednesday at 6:09 AM

Hiya, ORD!

Lovely to see you, as well.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Wednesday at 6:17 AM

Fuck off ORD! I can’t stand you!!

by Anonymousreply 40Last Wednesday at 6:58 AM

No one cares who you can or cannot stand. Go back to SON with your bullshit.

Oh, that's right....they blocked you too.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Wednesday at 7:06 AM

Eeeek!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42Last Wednesday at 7:23 AM

r42

I don't hate her, she's not the worst actress but the writing for Carly is the worst

by Anonymousreply 43Last Wednesday at 7:24 AM

There were times I didn't loathe her as Cassie - I do think with Laura she's only as good as the writing.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Wednesday at 7:29 AM

Hey R41, if you’ve blocked me, how come you always see and respond to everything I say? Huh, asshole. Fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Wednesday at 7:43 AM

Hilary Edson was such a nothing on screen.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Wednesday at 7:49 AM

Stacey Winthrop and Eve Guthrie were two of the least necessary characters ever.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Wednesday at 7:51 AM

Eve Guthrie was totally unnecessary but I disagree about Stacey Winthrop. She was the sister of one of the male leads and if she had been cast with a strong and appealing actress then Stacey and Jamie could have been the Tom and Margo of Another World.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Wednesday at 9:27 AM

Will Alan interview me after I get off the can?

by Anonymousreply 49Last Wednesday at 9:43 AM

Ask Goutman how much they saved in plumbing costs after he put Eileen on recurring.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Wednesday at 9:55 AM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 51Last Wednesday at 9:55 AM

Hilary Edson and Terry Davis had similar problems as Stacey - they were both fairly soft, sweet ingenue types playing a spunky shark of a lawyer. I preferred Edson, to be honest, but wonder what someone who could convey more chutzpah might have done with the part.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Wednesday at 10:01 AM

I had toilet scrubbing duty for Eileen when Viv was out. Thank god she had guarantee of 4 appearances per year and we were canceled.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Wednesday at 10:12 AM

I loved recording AW when it was on SoapNet so I could fast-forward all scenes featuring the deadly dull Michael Hudson/Stacey Winthrop pairing. I only saw them when Donna swept in to play shrieking harpy (because I adore Anna Stuart).

by Anonymousreply 54Last Wednesday at 10:19 AM

I still love the day Anna took back the role of Donna, walked onto the set, and checked herself in the mirror.

In fifteen seconds, Donna was BACK.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Wednesday at 10:21 AM

Philece will always be Donna to me.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Wednesday at 10:37 AM

Carmen Duncan will always be Lisa to us.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Wednesday at 11:15 AM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 58Last Wednesday at 11:44 AM

Taping in Lisa’s Fashions set got strange towards the end because they had to avoid showing the stains all over the floor. Lots of close up shots.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Wednesday at 12:24 PM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 60Last Wednesday at 12:39 PM

I remember when the toilet was plugged at Fashions. Barbara just sighed and said ‘Again Lisa’??

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 12:42 PM

Besides the hospitals and police stations , what set on the three main P&G soaps was around the longest? Company? Fashions? The Cory Mansion?

by Anonymousreply 62Last Wednesday at 1:14 PM

Edson was a generic piece of fluff. I thought Davis had more strength but she was still miscast, too.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Wednesday at 1:17 PM

I think Davis was appreciably better but she wouldn't have worked at all in the "Beauty and the Beast" story they foisted on Edson. Not that the story worked well with Edson.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Wednesday at 1:21 PM

I think Tangie Hill was the most unnecessary character ever. Eve Guthrie was a close second(for GL at least).

by Anonymousreply 65Last Wednesday at 1:27 PM

Al’s Diner never failed to give Lisa the runs!

by Anonymousreply 66Last Wednesday at 1:29 PM

R62 The Cory mansion had a 25ish year run.

The Snyder farm was also 25 years, as was Lucinda's place.

I'd say the oldest set might be the Bauer house.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Wednesday at 1:31 PM

Yes, the Cory living room set would be the longest running on AW First appeared in 1975 soon after Rachel and Mac married. Last scene of the series took place in that room.

However, it should be noted that the show completely redid the Cory set in 1987. Original set had darker paneling and did not include the foyer or the staircase.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Wednesday at 2:20 PM

Wasn’t Fashions being used in ATWT from 1981 ish to the end? Or did they stop using it before that.

And Company was used from 1982/83 until 2009?

by Anonymousreply 69Last Wednesday at 2:42 PM

Company had a long initial run, but it sort of merged with the Cooper Diner and had a few different looks/lives. It was one of the sets in the last few years where, once they had some sets in Peapack, they built a permanent set in studio......that one, the Spaulding mansion, the courthouse and a few others were all built in studio. Point is, it looked very different.

Fashions, I think, looked pretty similar all throughout its existence.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 2:53 PM

I think Babs Ryan used to secretly put diarrhea inducing drugs i to Lisa McCall’s food.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Wednesday at 5:41 PM

When did the Lakeview become a thing in Oakdale?

by Anonymousreply 72Last Wednesday at 5:58 PM

That Ole Lucy used to slip me sugar free candies!

by Anonymousreply 73Last Wednesday at 6:00 PM

*flush*

ANYWAY........

by Anonymousreply 74Last Wednesday at 6:02 PM

What happened to the Bauer house when the show moved to Peapack? Was it ever shown?

I remember when Ed bought the house for him and Rita. He was bragging because it was next door to the Spaulding mansion.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 6:03 PM

I honestly can't remember. Rick was on so infrequently. I think they tried to copy the Bauer kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 6:05 PM

It was there for the last Bauer BBQ. The interior mimicked the old kitchen. The outside was a dump and nothing like the original exterior

by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 6:07 PM

Fat Ed loved spending time in the Bauer kitchen!

by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 6:23 PM

Fat Ed ate 3 dozen hot dogs at the Bauer Barbecue one year.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Thursday at 1:10 AM

anyway.....

by Anonymousreply 80Last Thursday at 6:00 AM

Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman are in Michigan at the Barn Theater, where they've done several shows before, doing....MAMMA MIA

Robert has the Pierce Brosnan role.

Kim, surprisingly, is not playing the lead or playing against Robert, but is instead playing the Julie Walters role - one of the best friends of The Lead/Meryl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81Last Thursday at 6:08 AM

A little thing, but it jumped out at me.....if this list is correct, Kim is no longer an Equity actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82Last Thursday at 6:09 AM

[quote] Besides the hospitals and police stations , what set on the three main P&G soaps was around the longest? Company? Fashions? The Cory Mansion?

A think a contender is the Stewart house on ATWT. I'm not sure when it was first used, but you can see it in the clips of Dan's funeral (late 70s) and Susan still lived it in in the 00s. (It became Susan's when Ellen abandoned Dani and Susan moved in to take care of her...)

by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 6:51 AM

I hate everything about that old damn boarding house. And I hate Morgan, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84Last Thursday at 3:43 PM

Reading Parker Posey's memoir and this is the sole mention of ATWT:

[quote] My granny and my aunt Toni-Anne were much more grounded. They’d eat on TV trays in the bedroom and watch “the stories.” When I was on As the World Turns, it made them very proud. “You got my widow’s peak,” Granny would say, before talking about how handsome Holden was. Holden was the hunk on the show, played by Jon Hensley. “He’s really nice, too, Granny,” I’d say. “You’d like him.” I told her how, on my first day of work, the woman who played my aunt Barbara said, “Be careful who you share your secrets with because these walls have ears.” Colleen Zenk turned on the waterworks like nothing I’ve seen in my life. Granny loved that dish. As the World Turns was one of the earliest soaps—its first airing was shot live in 1956. She loved Eileen Fulton, who played Lisa Grimaldi, and Helen Wagner, who played Nancy Hughes, both of whom were there in the beginning. I’d tell her how classy and nice they both were in real life, since they’d kept her company as she took to bed and martyred herself in her forty years of heartbreak. I told her how nice the producer of the show, Laurie Caso, was when he asked if I’d like to get out of my contract early because they needed to put Holden in a coma before Labor Day (his love story with Lily was huge and they needed to focus on that). I told her how Laurie hugged me like a dad and was so sweet that I cried. She loved all that.

by Anonymousreply 8521 hours ago

Parker Posey has a memoir???? Who cares!!!

by Anonymousreply 8620 hours ago

Fuck off cunt

by Anonymousreply 8720 hours ago

ahem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8820 hours ago

When did Mart Hulswit become Kenny Rogers?

by Anonymousreply 8919 hours ago

People get old, gurl. That man is 80 years old.

by Anonymousreply 9019 hours ago

Mart had a breakdown after they dropped The from Guiding Light and he got fired and fat.

by Anonymousreply 9119 hours ago

I know R90 but I figured he'd look like an older version of himself.

He's giving me Kenny vibes b/c Kenny eventually looked like he entered an entirely different host body!

by Anonymousreply 9219 hours ago

I would have let Young Mart stick it in me. What I found interesting was that he is a big liberal and Don Stewart was a big conservative. I would have guessed the opposite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9319 hours ago

I have such fond memories of Cecile kidnapping Cass and keeping him captive on her yacht. He seemed to be enjoying his stay as her love slave. Cass eventually got out of the soap ghetto and ended up on Homeland. SS actually played Cass Winthrop on Homeland....maybe a first.

by Anonymousreply 9419 hours ago

I'm glad you said Young Mart and not Papa Bauer. LOL

by Anonymousreply 9519 hours ago

TGL declined heavily when they dropped THE, Fat Ed, and Fat Bert! I am a crabapple!

by Anonymousreply 9616 hours ago

I eat shit!

by Anonymousreply 9715 hours ago

Lisa’s poops were so gross.

by Anonymousreply 9813 hours ago

Keep digging.

by Anonymousreply 9912 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!