Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Game of Thrones gossip

There has been less gossip in recent times, but thought it was worth rounding up the few things I have read over the past few months. Sophie Turner posted on her stories about Pride along with a comment that "time isn't straight and neither am I" (confirming the bi rumours that have been around before). Kit Harington and Rose Leslie had a son earlier this year. Jacob Anderson may have split from his wife Aisling (he posted a number of things on his stories last month about the need to protect kids when their parents break up). Lena Headey is dating Marc Menchaca from Ozark. Also interviews both with her and Hannah Waddingham who played the Septa in S5 and S6 confirming that Hannah was waterboarded for real during the scene in the S6 finale where Cersei tortures the Septa. Anyone else read/heard anything interesting?

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2022 12:19 PM

Not really juicy gossip, but Michael McElhatton (Lord Bolton) and Carice van Houten (Melisandre) have joined the cast of a tv adaption of Dangerous Liasons on Starz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2021 10:25 PM

Thanks R1

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2021 10:30 PM

Nice rundown, OP.

[quote]Jacob Anderson may have split from his wife Aisling (

I don't think their kid is even a year yet. The phenomenon of couples who have dated for years and years, then split a few years after getting married always amazes me.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2021 10:33 PM

You're welcome R3. Yes I remember last year that he said the birth was in June, and by May this year he was making these posts about how to deal with parents splitting up, so it seems things went off the rails in less than a year. His wife also used to have an Instagram account of her own but it now seems to have been deleted, which would also make sense if they have broken up. I think they had been dating since 2011 and got married at the end of 2018. He always seemed very much in love when he talked about her in interviews, but at the same time, they were only 21 when they first got together and maybe they didn't have enough experience of dating anyone except each other before settling down. Or maybe all the restrictions of the last year finally exposed problems in the relationship that they hadn't been aware of in a pre-pandemic world where they were both actors travelling for work some of the time and not living together 24/7. But as you said these kinds of splits between people who dated for a long time before marriage/kids can be surprisingly common anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2021 10:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2021 10:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2021 9:59 PM

The Geffen Playhouse has sent out notices to ticketholders for the June 2020 production of Macbeth starring Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and directed by Matt Shankman that they will be issuing refunds as the production is cancelled due to scheduling issues.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2021 11:26 PM

2020, R7?

Kit was just announced for a production of Henry V at the Donmar in February 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2021 11:46 PM

In that it was to be held in 2020, but postponed due to the pandemic. Now they're axing it instead of going through with it.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2021 11:49 PM

"Also interviews both with her and Hannah Waddingham who played the Septa in S5 and S6 confirming that Hannah was waterboarded for real during the scene in the S6 finale where Cersei tortures the Septa."

Wow. No words. I wonder how long do we have to wait to hear more stories about how the showrunners abused and tortured the actors.

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2021 12:24 AM

That's a shame. Nikolaj would have been very good as Macbeth.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote]Wow. No words. I wonder how long do we have to wait to hear more stories about how the showrunners abused and tortured the actors.

Oh, for fucks sake. Did you ask for a link? Or do we just accept this kind of shit blindly here these days? This isn't exactly gossip. What has happened to DL?

The OP should at least provide the link to the source. But of course, then we would be able to read the interview for ourselves and reach our own conclusions. The trolls on DL are wearisome as it is, but I am starting to suspect that it's the same joyless cunt who keeps reviving or starting new GoT gossip threads for the sole purpose of continuing this narrative that the showrunners were absolute monsters. That this seems to have become taken as fact just shows that disgruntled fans can become as delusional as QAnon freaks. There has been absolutely no evidence given that Benioff and Weiss are terrible people who don't give a shit about their actors or crew, and I am inclined to think that a lot of the hatred is fueled by anti-semitism. Its just bordering on derangement at this point.

Here's Hannah's own words about it and her full interview at the link:

[quote] And that’s what I mean about that moment of fight or flight. I just thought, ‘Do you know what?’ The one thing I kept thinking to myself, ‘The production company aren’t going to let you die, so get on with it, be uncomfortable.’ Like you were saying in your question, I would say, get on with it. As long as you feel like there’s not any genuine threat of something happening, push yourself, be uncomfortable. It’s the same as if people don’t cry on camera, don’t impart this emotion to the right moment. Why not? My whole thing has always been, take people to the absolute nth degree of their emotions and that’s the same thing. Give of yourself and then it gives back to you.”

She mentions the actor who played Lancel having to crawl through shit for four days. These scenes both happened in Winds of Winter, the finale to S6 and probably the most highly rated and favorite of the fans. I also recall Nikolaj having a really tough shoot when he had to sink to the bottom of a pool in heavy armor for a whole day. He admitted he got pretty frustrated and short-tempered by the end of it too, but that's show biz. I believe Kit also had to fall into a pool in full fur costume with extras tugging him down too. And then there were the twenty stunt actors set on fire. These people are professionals, and the reality is they are often expected to do some crazy things because an audience will complain if it doesn't look real enough.

I don't particularly get why it took 10 hours to get the take, but I sometimes get the sense that Sapochnik might be Fincher-lite. Maybe that's why all of his episodes for the show were outstanding. I don't believe anyone has asked *him*, the director of the episode, why he needed to keep her strapped to a table for 10 hours, but he is currently filming a prequel for HBO.

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2021 3:57 AM

the interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2021 3:58 AM

The director of Nikolaj's new movie tested positive for COVID even though he's fully vaccinated. He hopes to resume shooting next week and wrap up the movie.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2021 12:57 PM

He tested positive for COVID in addition to several other actors and the director. I bet the crew also got hit as well.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2021 8:48 PM

Damn. I wonder what went wrong. Not that vaccinated can't get it - they certainly can - but had they been in a bubble during a two week quarantine period and did frequent testing of those in Zone A and Zone B (actors/director/ those who have to directly interact with them) then one person may be stricken not four and definitely not four of the most important people to the production (Director and three of the actors).

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2021 8:57 PM

There’s were rumors that Nikolaj and some of the other cast were going out pretty regularly on a night while they were in Mexico. I think there are a few photos on IG. It’s amazing that the production didn’t invest in Covid insurance though. If the actor who is seriously ill gets worse or dies, the production company will probably get sued the crap out of.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2021 9:39 PM

Hodor’s giant penis gets its own series.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]There’s were rumors that Nikolaj and some of the other cast were going out pretty regularly on a night while they were in Mexico. I think there are a few photos on IG. It’s amazing that the production didn’t invest in Covid insurance though. If the actor who is seriously ill gets worse or dies, the production company will probably get sued the crap out of.

They'll have to get it together by the time Jamie Foxx returns to set. He'll probably pull a Sean Penn who says he won't return to his currently filming series unless everyone is vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2021 9:56 PM

There are photos of Nikolaj at some local gay bar/disco in Mexico. I

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2021 10:24 PM

R19, I think everyone was vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2021 12:13 AM

It's behind a paywall, but there are sure to be multiple outlets that will carry this story over the next few days. Kit Harington finally addresses the mess he was in following the end of GoT. Quite honest about some things, like his depression and alcoholism, while obviously still hesitant to go into others. It becomes rather clear from the interview he suffers from a mix of anxiety disorders. It's too bad the journalist for the Times couldn't seem to find one iota of empathy for her subject.

Seems there was definitely something else going on beyond the exhaustion of filming the final season. Hope he stays on the healthy path.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2021 1:41 PM

I didn't find the interviewer unsympathetic or lacking empathy. The interviewer should divorce their feelings from the subject and let the subject's words speak for them.

A fan site has the full interview broken up in two posts. I don't know if you need Tumblr to access the account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 8, 2021 2:34 PM

You know, you're right, 23, the journalist definitely managed to convey a sense of just how twisted up and tortured Harington was in trying to talk about things that were very difficult for him. But there were a few moments in the article where it read like an attempt to be dismissive of his complaints - none more glaring than asking him what they knew would be a grating question about being considered hunky. I imagine the journalist was put off by the four publicists on the zoom, so it is a testament to his character that he called her back up, apologized, and gave a proper interview. For sure one of those publicists worked for the MCU.

But this isn't the first time he's tried to shed a light on the way men in particular are belittled for opening up their emotional side and allowing for some vulnerability. That, to me, seems a very British thing. It does seem that the substance abuse and drinking were just self medicating for some serious issues. I agree with him that Jon Snow was often times a very vulnerable hero and that was one of the reasons he ended up as my favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 24August 8, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote]But there were a few moments in the article where it read like an attempt to be dismissive of his complaints - none more glaring than asking him what they knew would be a grating question about being considered hunky.

It could have been the interviewer's attempt at a gotcha question as he has talked about his discomfort about people banging on about his looks or it could be the interviewer giving Kit a chance to either clarify or update his stance seeing as he caught flack when he first made the comment about being objectified. Maybe the interviewer thought he would walk it back. I'm glad Kit doubled-down, though.

As stated somewhere in the piece, "He also felt "scared" talking about matters close to his heart. "I do have a genuine fear of being the subject of outrage if I say something that I do believe in, but that might, somehow, offend people generally, or a certain group of people."" When he talked about being objectified many people unfairly criticized him because they say it's nothing compared to what a woman gets; but if everyone's "truth" is real and valid, it's unfair to downplay how he feels about this.

[quote]But this isn't the first time he's tried to shed a light on the way men in particular are belittled for opening up their emotional side and allowing for some vulnerability. That, to me, seems a very British thing.

Esquire interviewed Tom Hardy ahead of "Mad Max: Fury Road" and he opened up about feeling tormented by not feeling masculine enough. The thing with Hardy is though is that instead of wanting to show the world that it's okay to be vulnerable he decided to emulate what is perceived to be masculine.

What is he afraid of? The answer is simple, if unexpected. "I have always been frightened with men," Hardy told me. "To the point where I couldn't go into a gym because of the testosterone, and I felt weak."

"I don't feel very manly," he wrote in an e-mail. "I don't feel rugged and strong and capable in real life, not how I imagine a man ought to be. So I seek it, to mimic it and maybe understand it, or maybe to draw it into my own reality." "People who are scary, they terrify me, but I can imitate them," he said. "I can stay terrified, or I can imitate what terrifies me."

by Anonymousreply 25August 8, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote]It could have been the interviewer's attempt at a gotcha question as he has talked about his discomfort about people banging on about his looks or it could be the interviewer giving Kit a chance to either clarify or update his stance seeing as he caught flack when he first made the comment about being objectified.

It was 100% meant to be a gotcha question, but Kit already tried to clarify his original remark that was ripped to shreds a few years back in The Guardian. He apologized for misusing the word that got him in so much trouble, when he meant to say objectified, but it was a touchy subject and the interviewer was hoping to get another headline out of it. The agenda of the paper becomes transparent when they promoted the Sunday Times on the front page with "Don't call him hunk" like they had it ready to go.

by Anonymousreply 26August 8, 2021 4:35 PM

Jacob Anderson is getting major work. He'll be in the next season of DOCTOR WHO and was just cast as Louis in AMC's adaptation of INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2021 5:32 PM

Loved that interview with Hannah at R13. Thanks for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2021 9:18 PM

Okay, I'm reviving this thread with a plea. I can't find the original thread, but does anyone remember back in the early days of Thrones, circa 2013-14 maybe, when Kit and Richard were often giving off gay vibes for each other, wasn't there at one point some blurry picture that was taken of them supposedly making out somewhere in London? I swear to god, I know I saw it on here, but I can't get anything in a google search for the site, and I don't recall what the title of the thread was about. I thought it was on the thread below but no luck.

Maybe that person who claimed Richard gave Kit one of his special pyrrha necklaces can help me out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2021 5:48 AM

[quote]There has been absolutely no evidence given that Benioff and Weiss are terrible people who don't give a shit about their actors or crew

I don't know if they're 'terrible people', but there are numerous cast members who have complained about being treated shabbily by them in various ways: Conan Stevens, Aimee Richardson, Ian McElhinney, Alexander Siddig, Ed Skrein, Art Parkinson, Stephen Dillane and even Kit Harington. I think we can at least surmise they're not especially warm and fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 30September 10, 2021 10:22 AM

According to Enty (yes, I know...) there were out of court settlements made between a few bit actresses who appeared nude in some scenes and the showrunners. Even though HBO did state that "Game of Thrones" had specifically hired adult film actresses for these scenes due to their comfort level with nudity, not all were told and some were distraught at the conditions and the environment that the showrunners has fostered for these scenes.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Is effete Isaac Hempstead Wright still closeted?

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2021 1:58 PM

Such a shame that such a beautiful child as Isaac was matured into a not beautiful adult. I guess, it happens.

He does seem like a nice guy though.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2021 12:04 PM

Such a shame that a beautiful child matured into an awkward-looking adult.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Breastfeeding Lord Robin Arryn is still a bit awkward looking but much more attractive than Isaac.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2021 11:26 PM

Amazing how that actor matured into somewhat of a hunk while Isaac, who was a beautiful child, did not.

by Anonymousreply 36September 14, 2021 12:32 AM

Gwendoline has a new role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2021 10:18 PM

Gwendoline has a new role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2021 10:18 PM

One of my favorite funny lines from the entire series was Robin Arryn’s “Make the little man fly!!!”

He is pictured here in adulthood with freakishly huge feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2021 11:16 PM

OMG is Gwendoline going to play MORTICIA ADDAMS????

OMGOMGOMGOMG.... BE STILL MY GAY HEART...

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2021 11:56 PM

No, she is not playing Morticia Adams. Catherine Zeta-Jones is playing Morticia. Gwen is playing the principal of a school Wednesday is attending. Gwen's character has an old axe to grind with Morticia.

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2021 11:59 PM

No, Gwen is not playing Morticia. Catherine Zeta-Jones is playing Morticia. Gwen is playing the principal of a school that Wednesday attends. Gwen's character has an old axe to grind with Morticia.

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2021 12:00 AM

Catherine Zeta-Jones is playing Morticia. Gwen is playing the principal of a school that Wednesday is attending. Gwen's character has an axe to grind with Morticia.

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2021 12:02 AM

r32 I thought Isaac had a girlfriend. He's gay?

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2021 12:04 AM

Gwendoline would make a MUCH better Morticia than Cathy!

The casting director got it wrong, all wrong!

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2021 12:29 AM

HA-HA. I think Cathy is going to be really good as Morticia but Gwen in a dark wig would be much better, I agree. I do look forward to seeing the Morticia/Larissa rivalry. Hope her experience with Tim Burton doesn't turn out to be joyless.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2021 12:01 PM

Kit and Rose set my gaydar off big time. You can see it in every role they play too.

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote]According to Enty (yes, I know...) there were out of court settlements made between a few bit actresses who appeared nude in some scenes and the showrunners.

I followed the development of the show from the very beginning. There's a lot of stuff that happened along the way that's been swept under the rug or 'forgotten'. I think the reason they rushed out Fire Cannot Kill a Dragon ('the definitive oral history' book) by D&D's favorite media bootlicker, James Hibberd was because they wanted to set the official narrative in stone before more time passed and people stopped giving a fuck whom they offended by talking. So much of it is missing or vaguely waved away in the book. Neil Marshall, the film director who did 'Blackwater', said he was shocked that an unnamed producer on the show (who claimed to 'represent the pervy side of the audience') kept urging him to add nudity to his episodes even though it wasn't in the script. Presumably this was a common practice. Under those kind of conditions who the fuck knows what may have happened in terms of actor coercion.

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2021 12:35 PM

I’m still hung up on how bad that last season was.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2021 12:57 PM

Gwen as Morticia would be funny just because she’s about a foot taller then Luis Guzman, who is playing Gomez. They’d have to give him a crate to stand on, or shoot wide shots. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2021 1:05 PM

Luiz Guzman as Gomez? Come on. They couldn't hire a better-looking or at least suave Latino actor for the role?

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2021 11:36 AM

Is Gwen still yachting?

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2021 4:26 PM

In the original Addams Family cartoons, Morticia WAS a foot taller than Gomez!

Christie would have been fabulous casting, she's so cool and stylish, and wouldn't need any makeup to look appropriately pallid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2021 7:32 PM

Kit Harington and wife Rose are still in New York, and it looks like Kit must be filming something with the clean shaven look. How is it possible that he's 34 and yet when he shaves he looks 19? Meanwhile, his buddy Richard is the same age but looks like he's going on 47. I'm very disappointed that none of you Tribeca bitches have spotted him while he looked tasty and in shorts for the entire summer.

Sophie and Joe Jonas (as well as Nick) were all in the same area last week, getting papped with the baby. The Jonas bros were papped the next day right on Harington's block. And yet no one has seen them together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2021 5:04 AM

I wonder whether Tommen ever played pool with Bran.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2021 5:16 AM

There have been a number of pap photos of them hanging in NYC. She looks so mannish and dumpy. I almost gag when I read her fans say how beautiful she is.

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2021 6:29 AM

Just watching Rose Leslie in the BBC series 'Vigil'....very dyke like looks. She sure ain't pretty that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2021 7:27 AM

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on today's "The Men in Blazers Show" at 2:30pm eastern following the Tottenham v. Leeds U match and aftershow.

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2021 4:33 PM

In other news, Bart the Bear from the "Bear and the Maiden Fair" episode, in which Brienne was tossed in a ring with a wooden sword to fight a bear (and Jaime jumped in to save her), has died. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 59November 23, 2021 11:42 PM

RIP Bart the Bear. The animal appeared in the episode of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair." This was when Brienne was tossed into a ring with a wooden sword to spar with a bear. Jaimie then jumped in to save her.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2021 12:41 AM

Lena Headey and Marc Menchaca got married a week ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2022 2:11 AM

A bunch of GOT people were at the wedding: Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Conleth Hill (Varys), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark).

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2022 2:12 AM

Alexander Skarsgård was there too apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2022 4:38 AM

They've been friends since they were in Generation Kill together.

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2022 12:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!