Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has the World Forgotten That Britney Spears is a Lunatic?

Jamie Spears has done such a good job keeping his crazy daughter in line for a decade that she’s been able to con the public into believing she’s normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 30, 2021 1:32 AM

That is one take, yes.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 11:14 PM

I have recently discovered that nearly half the people in this country are lunatics, unless she is a danger to herself why should she have a conservatorship?

I am not so sure about her having another baby though.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 11:57 PM

The buzz cut was intended to sidestep a drug test. Didn't work. She lost custody of her children.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2021 12:07 AM

R2, yes, the country is full of people who are insane, and who recklessly reproduce even though they are incapable of parenting. The only reason Britney is in a conservatorship is that people want her money.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote] unless she is a danger to herself why should she have a conservatorship?

She has been under a conservatorship because she is a danger to herself. It is extremely hard to get a conservatorship over an adult. I am sure she is unhappy but it is not at all apparent that she is able to care for herself. Of COURSE she says she is, but the court determined that she was not. Maybe that's changed. Fortunately there is a judge who will make that call rather than the court of internet opinion.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 12:15 AM

Plenty of mentally ill people get along without a conservatorship. Agree with the poster who says her family just wants her money

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 12:16 AM

So, are her people behind this big new PR push? Did she wait for years to complain about this? Or has she truly been ignored and locked away?

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 12:22 AM

My boyfriend is listening to her testimony now. She sounds … addled, maybe? Manic? Not especially articulate, but whatever. She sounds like a sweetie-pie, and that’s all that matters.

Her voice is deeper than I’d expected.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 12:28 AM

OP, look at it this way. Some of her fans are now convinced that she was really intelligent in her younger years and that it was the media, Justin Timberlake and her family that all made her dumb. These people genuinely seem to believe that they are mental health experts and that they know what's best for her. Sadly, Britney fans are a microcosm of America.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 12:29 AM

OP is Jamie Spears, posting from a public library in Louisiana.

Jamie baby, just give up. You are a horrible human who abused your mentally ill daughter for years. Your only discernible talent was whoring your daughter and sucking dry the mountains of cash that she made with her image and work. With everything being revealed about the conservatorship your grift is over.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 12:31 AM

R9 not really, no one is claiming she is this intelligent sophisticated lady. She got famous at a young age, was hounded by the papz to the point of mental exhaustion and breakdown, and was such a public figure that she topped the Internet most searched celeb list a record 7 times. The terms of her conservertship have clearly been abusive and skewered to turn her into a endlessly working money-making machine, while the beneficiaries get to lay back and enjoy their grift, down to (according to her) refusing to remove a contraceptive from her body to prevent her from getting pregnant and interfering with their money-making scheme. Just imagine yourself in a business contract where you're forced to wear chastity belt because otherwise your work might not be as efficient.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 12:42 AM

OP = another idiot to block.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 12:42 AM

The IUD could be part of her treatment plan. If her doctors determined that postpartum depression was a catalyst to her downward spiral, or if she’s taking certain meds that are contraindicated for pregnancy, then the IUD was “prescribed” by her treating physicians. She should atleast have the freedom to choose a depo shot or a BC pill administered daily by a nurse if she doesn’t like the IUD. But like it or not, having more kids with her gigalo boyfriend is probably a pipe dream for Britney.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 1:40 AM

She’s a supernova.

Let her light shine, for good or bad. It’s wrong to extinguish such a bright light.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 1:41 AM

You know what irks me about all this; if Britney was some random, not-so-pretty woman from a trailer park running around looking like a fucking mess and making the kind of life choices Britney has made - getting knocked up by some sleaze who left his pregnant fiancee for her, doing drugs and acting erratically, neglecting/endangering her kids - those same people who are writing 'supportive' comments now would be calling her all kinds of names. You just know they would. Nobody would give a fuck what circumstances that woman grew up in; if she was abused or whatever.

And I bet those same people who are outraged about Britney being forced to use contraception are 'shocked', 'disgusted' and 'heartbroken' whenever they read a story about a child being neglected or abused, and call for the mother to have her tubes tied immediately. But, denying poor little rich Britney her god-given right to procreate is just soooo wrong, abusive and misogynistic!

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for Britney as she's obviously ill, but her 'fans' irk the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 1:47 AM

Wait Britney's sister and father are both named Jamie Spears. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 2:22 AM

Fact: Anyone who has sex with a person who has been declared mentally incompetent by a court would be charged with rape. So why the delay with Britney's 'boyfriend'?

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 6:04 AM

A very wealthy lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 6:11 AM

R15 haha yes. I wish Britney well moving forward but there is a comical shallowness to all of this rah rah " we got your back gurl" online feminist activism. All of the kindness goes away the minute a woman doesn't check certain boxes that lead her to be seen as deserving of sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 7:18 AM

She says she wants to get married and have a baby, and I think this is the new boyfriend's wants. Perhaps, he wants his hands on her money by knocking her up and marrying her.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 10:27 AM

Britney needs to hire Kim Kardashian as her lawyer. Or at least Gloria Allred.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 10:33 AM

She had one public outburst and didn’t tell anyone to drink bleach to fight COVID and worse, on a regular basis. One of those two got a conservatorship, the other one got the highest office of the land.

You don’t have to be a “fan” to ask questions about this situation that makes zero sense legally, and where a lot of money is involved.

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 10:54 AM

"Perhaps, he wants his hands on her money by knocking her up and marrying her."

This. She already lost a huge chunk of her fortune by marrying that deadbead scumbag, talent-free Kevin Federline jack ass.

Jamie and Lynn Spears may be divorced, but they are working together to make sure their idiot daughter doesn't marry another deadbeat scumbag gold digger like Sam Asghari, who will take the rest of Britney's money. And once she's flat ass broke, it will be up to Jamie and Lynn to support their penniless, well into middle aged, talent-free daughter.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 12:22 PM

Lunatic? Is OP posting from 1874?

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 12:30 PM

I wish Sam Asghari would fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 12:37 PM

I thought it had been fully determined she’s cray cray and would still have to have a conservator; it just might not be her father.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 12:40 PM

When she finally breaks the conservatorship, will she be getting an OF?

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 12:45 PM

Datalounge is not kind to people with mental illness and never has been.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 12:54 PM

She is clearly too dumb or incapable iof finding a lawyer to get out from under the conservativeship so it's likely necessary.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 12:56 PM

How can she find a new lawyer when the conservatorship controls her access to the money with which she could hire a new lawyer? I think Oprah needs to step in here, it's Brit-Brit's only chance.

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2021 1:14 PM

A lot of people agree that conservatorships can be abusive and Britney's is currently being investigated by court. But the issue people want to free her from the conservatorship altogether and there's a moral implications to consider. What if Britney really is too mentally ill to live independently? It's not her lack of education or emotional immaturity that is the issue. It's the possibility that she may lack basic independent living skills, could stop taking her meds and have another breakdown and the fact she wants to have another baby is problematic for herself and the child. She shouldn't have been working honestly anyway and I'm wondering how that was allowed.

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2021 1:17 PM

[quote]These people genuinely seem to believe that they are mental health experts and that they know what's best for her.

Honestly, it's a bit hypocritical to be complaining about Britney fans doing this when Dataloungers are equally as bad. Any thread that even mentions mental illness is jam packed with people who know nothing but who think they're experts.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote]And I bet those same people who are outraged about Britney being forced to use contraception are 'shocked', 'disgusted' and 'heartbroken' whenever they read a story about a child being neglected or abused, and call for the mother to have her tubes tied immediately.

This part is definitely not true. Datalounge is the only place I have ever read that is absolutely RABID about demanding women have their tubes tied.

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2021 1:20 PM

I'm sure part of the push to stop her from becoming independent is the scrutiny that her finances might come under. I'm sure daddy's been fleecing her for years, not to mention bribing judges and doctors to keep her under lock and key.

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2021 1:28 PM

She will never pass the psych evaluation to end the conservatorship...and she knows it. She does not seem to be able accept or admit her mental illness. She will never get better until she does. The court is protecting her from herself by insisting on the IUD. If she is still this unstable now (as evidenced almost daily by her manic and child-like instagram posts), even with the meds and the therapy multiple times a week, imagine how a pregnancy would affect her, when she would not be able to take her meds. She (and her baby) would be in mortal danger.

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2021 1:29 PM

She hasn't performed since 2017. Her fans say she is protesting her conservatorship but I doubt it's that simple. She most likely hasn't done a show in years because she lost her ability to memorize choreography and probably can't handle the pressure of even that engagement anymore. Her Vegas shows have been getting mixed reviews, non-fans especially bashed her in the reviews. It's also possible Vegas venues didn't want her to be an act anymore for that reason. J. Lo and Paula can still put on a show and even younger acts like Usher have been getting residencies, so more competition for Brit.

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2021 1:44 PM

Completely off topic but...holy Mother of God this girl is fugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2021 1:50 PM

[QUOTE] I am not so sure about her having another baby though.

You know who is sure about it, R2? $am Asghari. He’s going to knock her up the first chance he gets.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2021 2:09 PM

I thought the same thing OP. I also thought it was weird that she asked the judge to remove the conservatorship but without a mental evaluation. She knows she can't pass the mental part. I also thought that short video that she did made her look nuts.

Is the boyfriend itching for her money? is that what this is all about?

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2021 2:40 PM

Just sterilize her already. Tubal ligation is the best solution. If she wants kids she can adopt via the Angelina or Madame x route.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2021 2:43 PM

Britney was incapable of looking after the 2 kids she already had. Crazy to want another one.

She's bipolar, she isn't going to ever be 'cured', her disorder can only be controlled through medication (lithium, etc.) and she complains about that.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2021 2:47 PM

I love how people on here are advocating for sterilizing her or deciding whether she should have kids or not. Like only sane people ever have kids. Yes, let's go back to the good old days. Let's lock up unwed mothers while we're at it.

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2021 2:50 PM

I don't know, R42. Crime rates drastically dropped when legal protections for abortion were enacted in the early 1970s. However, mental illness has been neglected and mistreated until recently when the DSM broadened and social media made more awareness possible. The historic mental institutions were abusive but they needed radical reform rather than being eradicated altogether in the 70s and 80s. Sterilizing mentally ill people sounds awful but I don't know why it's any less awful to allow children to be born into possibly abusive and dangerous situations. Look at all the school shooters, they tend to have a family history of mental illness and born to unfit parents. It's definitely steps into eugenics territory but I don't think people who wonder about it are malicious if they want to end child abuse and an environment that nurtures crime.

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2021 2:59 PM

How do people know that’s she wasn’t able to look after her kids? She has some kind of mental illness, which most likely sounds like bipolar disorder, and she apparently had post natal depression, which many women experience. That doesn’t mean those women will never be able to look after their kids, since most are stable after therapy and on medications.

Now, most people don’t have huge fortunes and careers and agree to a conservatorship, which was most likely meant to be temporary. But it’s difficult to get out of a conservatorship once you’re in it, especially when you have people around you who benefit from you never getting out of it. This situation is crazier then Britney could ever be.

And lastly, as I’ve said before, a woman who is not well enough to handle her own affairs should not be made to perform. Nobody seems to worry about her family profiting off a seriously ill woman. At least that’s what her family wants you to think.

by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2021 3:05 PM

I don’t know why people are so against eugenics.

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2021 3:05 PM

R43 Andrea Yates who drowned her 5 kids because "they weren't turning out well" had been in and out of psych wards for years and been misdiagnosed with schizophrenia, post partum depression, post partum psychosis and given meds totally inappropriate for her condition.

She was finally diagnosed as bipolar - her father and brother were also bipolar (bipolar is genetic). Bipolar isn't a pesky little mental issue, it's a full-blown psychosis if untreated.

Bipolars having kids not only puts those kids at risk from their erratic behavior, those kids may inherit the disorder.

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2021 3:09 PM

If Britney takes her medication and is high-functioning then maybe she could have kids. She would probably be better off adopting kids like Jolie and Madonna (who DL psychologists also suspect have personality disorders) and let them be raised by the nannies.

by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2021 3:15 PM

Excellent video in the link below from an actual mental health professional who talks about Britney’s situation and court appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2021 3:22 PM

so was britney born mentally ill or did the fame and all that goes with it make her mentally ill or just more so? chicken or the egg?

by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2021 3:28 PM

You just need to subscribe to her instagram to know she isn't well in the head.

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2021 3:31 PM

R49 Both. A lot of mental illness is genetic. The fame and media circus just triggered her predisposition and it didn't help she was an attention-seeker herself and enabled it.

by Anonymousreply 51June 25, 2021 3:32 PM

Bipolar doesn't usually manifest itself until late adolescence R49.

by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2021 3:32 PM

There were a lot of rumors about Britney's behavior in her teens when she was in the girl group Innosense. She was apparently already into hard drugs and was very promiscuous. Lynne even admitted Britney was a party girl, into drugs and sexually active as young as 14.

by Anonymousreply 53June 25, 2021 3:34 PM

No commentary necessary....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 25, 2021 3:37 PM

This thread had some anecdotes on Britney's wild behavior as a teen. She was crazy promiscuous and into hard drugs and always got in a lot of trouble. She sounded like she already had signs of a mental illness and maybe she was also molested given how sexually advanced she was at a young age. When she was signed as a solo artist, JIVE worked very hard to clean up her image but let her keep sexual side in her performances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 25, 2021 3:40 PM

R54, she was dancing. Is everyone who posts IG videos of themselves dancing, mentally ill?

There are many people, and many celebrities with mental health issues. Mariah Carey is bipolar, yet she does just fine without a conservatorship.

by Anonymousreply 56June 25, 2021 3:42 PM

whatever you say....

by Anonymousreply 57June 25, 2021 3:45 PM

People are missing the point. The question is not if Britney has mental health problems, but should she continue to be under a conservatorship, and why was she ever placed under a full conservatorship?

You can look up conservatorships and see when they are typically used. It’s for people with mental incapacity with the following examples:

Coma or total incapacity: The individual is physically incapable of responding, making a decision or communicating a decision.

Illness (Alzheimer’s, dementia etc.): In this case, the individual is considered mentally incapacitated, even if they can clearly communicate intent.

Permanent or genetic disability: The individual has a permanent mental disability that prevents them from ever reaching legal maturity or independence.

Please tell me which category Britney Spears is in, when she has been working for the past 13 years while supporting herself, her family, and staff financially? It’s crazy to think that there are people who are justifying what’s being done to her. This is not about one person, but the fact that a legal conservatorship is being abused.

by Anonymousreply 58June 25, 2021 3:52 PM

Well said R58.

by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2021 4:20 PM

R58 Excellent post. I would add that the forced contraception in Britney's case is almost unprecedented : According to experts in trust and estate law, the handful of cases in which a guardian, usually a parent, has asked a court to order contraception involved severely disabled children. (NYT)

All this for a young woman who had a breakdown in 2007. If forced contraception is the response to a nervous breakdown, the birthrate would plummet. Yes, that's a good thing haha. I had a full-blown psychotic episode with hospitalization when I was Britney's age. No one suggested I have a vasectomy nor was I forced to work and turn over my paycheck. I'm fucking right as rain now, except for anger management issues when I read mysogynist shit on DL.

by Anonymousreply 60June 25, 2021 4:22 PM

I know Spears wasn't forced on an IUD--she is forbidden to remove it, same thing.

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2021 4:24 PM

I think you left out one of the “typical” categories. Conservatorships are also employed when mental illness prevents the person from having the capacity to manage their own affairs.

That’s how she ended up in this situation to begin with.

Now, she may be able to sing and her dad may be an unfit conservator, but that doesn’t mean she’s mentally capable of managing her life without causing serious harm to herself or her future children.

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2021 4:44 PM

R62, being a world class singer is not just “having the ability to sing”. She doesn’t just show up at the local church choir to sing 5 songs and go home.

People without a history of mental health issues have developed them while trying to deal with the pressure of touring and being in the entertainment history. That’s why there’s rampant drug use in show biz. And most of them are nowhere near Britney’s fame.

She said she works 70 hours a week, and looking at other performers and seeing what goes into preparing for a tour, or being on tour, can you imagine doing all that when you “don’t have the capacity to manage your own affairs”? It’s ridiculous to compare her to someone who would fall into that category.

I can see that certain people with bipolar disorders and depending on severity of episodes would need help with managing their finances or health, but a full conservatorship for a person who is as highly functioning as Britney, and a who was able to speak for herself in court, is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2021 5:24 PM

Perhaps

That’ll be for the courts (and shrinks) to determine

p.s. I hear there’s a very stable genius who also claims he worked 70+ hours per week . . .

by Anonymousreply 64June 25, 2021 8:00 PM

It’s not like this is the first time her situation was brought before the court. These motherfuckers act like the court slapped a conservatorship on her and forgot about it for 13 years. She’s been before the court multiple times with all these wacky accusations against her father, and they still leave the conservatorship. The PR problem for Jamie Spears is that he never takes his response public. We never hear the other side, just Britney’s. But it must be something awfully compelling.

by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2021 8:09 PM

R65, I genuinely wonder if Britney has the ability to care for her kids without assistance. And I don't mean that in a celebrity way (with nannies and maids) but in the sense of her being able to handle the responsibilities of being a parent at all.

by Anonymousreply 66June 25, 2021 8:14 PM

R65, that’s not just a PR problem. There’s been a basic lack of transparency about the whole thing that’s extremely troubling. A lot of the court proceedings have not been public—and making court proceedings public is the way to keep them free from corruption.

by Anonymousreply 67June 25, 2021 8:38 PM

R66, aren't her kids teens? They aren't toddlers who need constant supervision

by Anonymousreply 68June 25, 2021 8:46 PM

From the article below:

“Meanwhile, Federline filed an emergency protective order against Jamie Spears in 2019, claiming that he was physically abusive to one of the boys.”

I really didn’t know anything about Britney’s situation or her family prior to listening to the court recording, but THIS is the guy who was in charge of her conservatorship. Maybe her father the reason for some of Britney’s issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 25, 2021 8:59 PM

“Physically abusive,” as in what, he smacked one of them for saying some recklessly disrespectful shit to their grandfather? They probably had it coming. I doubt there’s much discipline in Kevin Federline’s household. They prob get to say and do whatever they want, and Jamie had enough.

by Anonymousreply 70June 25, 2021 9:02 PM

Yaaaaasssssss Kween! Slap that brat again!!! Yaasssssssss!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 71June 25, 2021 9:05 PM

R70, are you Jamie Spears or just brain dead? You don’t go around smacking other people’s children because you don’t like the way they act.

by Anonymousreply 72June 25, 2021 9:06 PM

They’re his grandchildren. The fruit of his loins. Let me have some grandkids one day who pop off at the mouth and I’ll smack the shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 73June 25, 2021 9:07 PM

If it’s your grandchild acting out, you don’t say “just you wait till your mother gets home . . . “!

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2021 9:11 PM

Didn't his grandchildren call him gay as an insult publicly? They should have been smacked.

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2021 9:11 PM

R3 was right. She shaved her head to avoid a drug test. I had no idea.

Take a good look at what Britney was like before Jamie stepped in. This is what the future may hold without a conservator, and why the courts won’t grant her wish:

[QUOTE] Schleimer claimed Lutfi tried to save the meth-addled Spears from a mental breakdown but lost control — and was blamed for her being hospitalized and placed under a court-ordered conservator.

[QUOTE] He told the jury that one of the first things he did when he was hired as Spears’ manager was to have drug-sniffing dogs scour her hilltop home — and they found crystal meth in a trap door.

[QUOTE]Schleimer also claimed Spears took “all or most” of 30 prescription amphetamine pills during a 36-hour period in January 2008 and then locked herself in her bathroom. The freakout ended with her being hospitalized.

[QUOTE]“She liked to use amphetamines, speed or uppers . . . and most of the things that went wrong were related to that drug,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2021 9:15 PM

[Quote] They’re his grandchildren. The fruit of his loins.

What fresh hell is this??? What fruit and what loins? Unless he gave birth to those kids out his ass he needs to keep his hands to himself.

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2021 9:15 PM

Hey, even if the grandkids didn't mouth off they had it coming. I'm the boss of this family, I do what I want and I don't need a reason. I'm hoping those kids die as a matter of fact and I get it all. That i.u.d stays in forevah if I have anything to say, and I do HA!

by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2021 9:22 PM

People really have forgotten. I mean she doesn’t have custody of her kids to this day. She also had that manager Sam completely taking advantage of her. She should never have more kids. That said, maybe the court should order a non relative to over see her.

by Anonymousreply 79June 25, 2021 9:25 PM

R78 that is such a ridiculous thing to imply. The man is almost 70 years old and has health problems. He doesn’t want the agita that comes from dealing with Britney and all her bullshit, and he certainly isn’t expecting to inherit her money. He gets what, $190K a year? Considering she would’ve blew her entire fortune by now if it wasn’t for him, it’s a mere pittance, and he certainly deserves it for keeping the franchise going.

by Anonymousreply 80June 25, 2021 9:27 PM

R80 Such a ridiculous thing to imply that if it wasn't for Mr. Spears, who has never exhibited any business acumen whatsoever in his life, and whose drinking was reported to the court, is a proper appointee. If poor old Jaime didn't want the agitation he could have turned it over to someone else, which is what Britney was asking for.

by Anonymousreply 81June 25, 2021 9:38 PM

OP/R80, you also want to bring the mafia back. I didn’t really expect much intellect from you and I’m not surprised that’s you’re going around slapping children.

by Anonymousreply 82June 25, 2021 9:46 PM

[QUOTE] If poor old Jaime didn't want the agitation he could have turned it over to someone else, which is what Britney was asking for.

He’s doing it because it’s his duty as a father, R81. Who else can he trust with his daughter’s care?

And how could you not give him credit with saving Britney? You think it all happened by magic? Are you going to sit here and tell us that she’d be fine without the conservatorship?

by Anonymousreply 83June 25, 2021 9:51 PM

Let's not forget that Britney married a childhood friend in Vegas in January 2004 and had it annulled on the grounds that she "lacked understanding of her actions." Just 6 months later she got engaged to KFed and then was papped in Feb 2006 driving with one of her kids in her lap. Next year she lost custody (the reason(s) were never disclosed), and then the year after that she refused to relinquish her kids to KFed, which led her to losing visitation rights and being placed on a 5150 (involuntary psychiatric hold) at UCLA Medical Center. The conclusions reached by clinicians at the visit have never been disclosed, but they must have been significant. THEN, after the conservatorship was set up with Jamie and attorney Andrew Wallet as co-conservators, they had to file a restraining order against former manager/ex Sam Lufti, ex Adnan Ghalib, and another attorney who were accused of trying to gain control of her affairs. Then she got engaged to her agent, Jason Trawick, who briefly became a co-conservator.

According to the NY Times, there was a hearing about the conservatorship in 2014. Her court-appointed lawyer, Samuel Ingham, implored Spears to attend, but she refused. When her father suffered a colon rupture in 2019 she entered a psychiatric facility and Wallet resigned as co-conservator.

Other than Jamie's nominal salary and lawyer fees, there is no evidence that her family or her lawyers have misappropriated any of her funds. In all likelihood they've kept a large portion of her fortune safe from predators like Lufti, Ghalib, and Sam Asghari. It's not like Jamie has gone out and snapped up real estate or a private jet.

If everyone on the internet is able to google conservatorship law and determine that something was fishy, then why couldn't Britney, or her mother or sister or one of her friends, have done the same thing? She said this week that she had "no idea" she could petition to end the conservatorship. If she can't even manage that, then there is clearly more going on than we know.

by Anonymousreply 84June 25, 2021 9:54 PM

R58 and r59 you ever think that the only thing keeping her high functioning is the medication? The same medication she would have to go off of if she were to get pregnant.

That's the thing with a lot of mentally ill...they feel better on the medication and think they're "cured" so they stop the meds.

Her fans will have a lot to answer to if anything happens to her.

by Anonymousreply 85June 25, 2021 9:55 PM

[QUOTE] Her fans will have a lot to answer to if anything happens to her.

Only if the conservatorship was lifted. And, thankfully for Britney’s sake, that’s not happening.

by Anonymousreply 86June 25, 2021 9:58 PM

Agreed, r86. The court knows more about her situation than her freaky fans.

by Anonymousreply 87June 25, 2021 10:02 PM

The conservatorship was initially framed as a temporary arrangement to protect Britney at a time when she was extremely and publicly unwell, with unrestricted access to a vast fortune and plenty of unsavory characters willing to exploit her for money and fame. It was clear she urgently needed help, and an extreme measure (the conservatorship) may have been the most effective short-term solution.

With that said, it’s hard to believe that total lack of autonomy is the best long-term solution for someone in Britney’s situation. There must be a way to prevent her from impulsively spending all her money (could it be held in a trust?) and allow her greater agency in how she manages her life.

While it’s true that the court system has upheld the conservatorship, it is extremely hard to get out of a permanent conservatorship, and Britney is restricted from contacting any legal team or advocates who might construct and propose a more equitable solution.

by Anonymousreply 88June 25, 2021 10:13 PM

R87 You make it sound like judges and courts can't be corrupt or bribed. Remember the Kids for cash scandal, when two Judges ruined the lives of thousands of kids in return for cash. Don't forget the people - regular ass pedestrians (much like the fans you're mocking in your post) tried to complain and alert authorities about the Judges behaviour for years before it was properly investigated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 25, 2021 10:20 PM

Long ass post coming. Skip it if you don’t want to read an honest assessment by someone who works in psych and treats patients with severe mental illnesses.

We don’t know Britney’s full mental health history, what exactly her diagnoses (I’m confident in guessing more than one) are and the meds she’s been on and are on currently. What we know are how Britney herself presents to the public. Unfortunately she’s not that different from many of my patients with severe bipolar or schizophrenia disorders. What jumps out at me when interacting with these patients is how little insight they have with their illnesses. This doesn’t have anything to do with how physically “crazy” they come across, but more along the lines of their thought content and process (in layman’s terms). Thought process and judgement aside, Britney’s tangential, pressured speech is typical of patients of similar profile, and that’s just another piece of the whole puzzle.

The fact that she wants to get pregnant while on (likely) antipsychotic/ mood stabilizing meds, and thinks the only barrier is her IUD, that is a red flag. Does she not understand that the meds she’s taking are contraindicated in pregnancy? Some of them cross the blood-brain barrier and thus considered teratogenic. Not only that but in either reducing dosages or tapering off of the meds, her symptoms which are under control for years, could potentially declare themselves again and possibly become worse. Understand that with each decompensation episodes the likelihood of worsening psychotic symptoms increases.

While I totally understand how/ why people are falling for Britney’s pleas, realize too that her pleas come from an emotional place. It engenders empathy, totally understandable. However, mental health professionals cannot base judgment on emotions, as emotional appeals cannot be used to make decisions and treatment plans. The people involved in the closed loop of her conservatorship process have full documentation of her medical and mental health records. Time and time again her conservatorship is upheld.

R58 do you work in mental health? I don’t think you do because your arguments are invalid and not applicable in how conservatorship works in mental health. For those of you unfamiliar with conservatorship, it’s not only the overtly mentally ill people who fall under this category. I’ve had patients under conservatorship who are intelligent and able to carry on intellectual discourse on history and issues of the day. They don’t present as mentally impaired in order to be under conservatorship. They remain under conservatorship because they have an established history of decompensation and their illnesses are such that they are deemed to be impaired when it comes to making important decisions that impact their livelihood. These include financial and important medical decisions.

One can feel sorry for Britney while also believing that conservatorship shouldn’t be discontinued based upon emotional appeals from herself and her fans. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sat across patients who complain about how badly their parents/ families are treating them while denying need for meds or that they’re even mentally ill. They go off meds and weeks later they’re back after spending time in jail or inpatient psych, and the whole process of stabilizing them starts over again.

Leave Britney alone. Her fans and the media wishing to see another public breakdown are not doing her any good. Let the court process take its proper course.

by Anonymousreply 90June 25, 2021 10:29 PM

R90, stans upthread are saying Jamie is buying off all of the judges.

Does that happen all the time?

by Anonymousreply 91June 25, 2021 10:34 PM

R90, that's exactly why I posted that SO many of her fans act like they are mental health experts and know what is right for her. We, the public, only know what is, well, public about her condition. We don't know anything more than that. But these people saying "Free Britney" want to act like they know every insider detail of her life.

by Anonymousreply 92June 25, 2021 10:35 PM

Buying off judges, R91? Jamie is a (recovering) alcoholic redneck currently living in an RV, not exactly sophisticated or subtle enough to do something like that. The Bessemer Trust has been acting as Britney's co-conservator since Andrew Wallet resigned in 2019, and she also has Jodi Montgomery in charge of her personal affairs since 2019. If Britney's biggest complaint with her dad is that he wouldn't let her restain her kitchen cabinets due to the high cost, it sounds like he's actually looking out for her best interests. Britney could have asked her lawyer to file a petition to end the conservatorship at any time, but she knew she'd have to undergo a mental health evaluation in order to do so.

by Anonymousreply 93June 25, 2021 10:44 PM

People with her mental illness are a danger to themselves. Is anyone familiar with the young woman who drowned in the water tank at that supposedly haunted hotel in California? I have forgotten the name of i the hotel, but she was alone and having a bipolar manic episode. They can suffer from hallucinations during these manic phases, which she did. She was seen on security video talking to and hiding from people who were not real. She ended up climbing into a water tank on the roof of the hotel and drowning. It was very tragic. They only found her when blood and decomp began coming out of the water faucets in the hotel rooms. These people also are vulnerable to sexual abuse and grifters. In her case with her money you can count on this happening. They have poor impulse control and make impulsive decisions. They are impulse spenders and usually end up in debt. She needs protection from herself and others. Very irresponsible of those who determine her case to leave her that vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 94June 25, 2021 10:49 PM

R90 Thank you for your post.

by Anonymousreply 95June 25, 2021 10:58 PM

R93, Britney is almost 40 and has been working all her life. You really want to tell us that it’s in her best interest not to get her kitchen cabinets stained?

What the actual hell, she’s not asking for a private jet. It wouldn’t hurt me financially to refinish my kitchen cabinets, and I’m nowhere as rich as she is. Why does she even have to ask for her father’s permission? It’s crazy.

by Anonymousreply 96June 25, 2021 11:00 PM

R23, at this point, that’s HER decision tii op make, not that of her parents.

If she wants to blow through her money, that is her money to blow and her right as an adult.

Her father is an abusive piece of shit and always has been. If she’s finally speaking out on what a scumbag he is, then she has every right to be heard and as an adult, should be able to make her own choices.

What her father has been doing all of these years is nothing short of psychological abuse and exploitation. What kind of father demands his daughter get pumped with lithium when she refuses to do as HE demands?

An asshole father named Jaime Spears.

Period, end of.

by Anonymousreply 97June 25, 2021 11:03 PM

R 65 " it must be something...compelling" yeah,that's what really makes me so undecided about this whole situation. It's not just one judge or doctor saying she can't care for herself, it's multiple teams over the course of over a freakin decade. I could see one doctor being paid off, but all of them?Is there the possibility of a tbi or something? The problem is the info the public would need to make an actual informed decision is stuff we don't have any right to know. I do agree with what she was saying about not having to receive therapy in a place as public as Westlake, that's just absurd.

R90 interesting post, definitely food for thought

by Anonymousreply 98June 25, 2021 11:18 PM

Britney's breakdown happened after two pregnancies in quick succession. She sounds severely bipolar or schizophrenic and shouldn't have any more children. She got reasonably lucky with KFed in that he's been willing to raise the boys, keep them out of the press for the most part, and keep his mouth shut (in exchange for money probably, but he does seem to keep up his end of the bargain). If she's allowed to make all her own decisions, it will be 2008 all over again, and this time she might not come back from it. These fans pushing for her to be 'freed' are actually pulling for her to be free to have a serious breakdown that could lead to her death or to permanent institutionalization.

by Anonymousreply 99June 25, 2021 11:22 PM

abusive, R97? Where on earth did you get this kind of nonsense, the Dylan Farrow/Meghan Markle school of false accusations for attention? There is no evidence of abuse; Lynne Spears was the one taking Britney on auditions starting at 8 years old. If anyone should take blame for whoring Britney out it's her. Jamie hasn't even lived in the same state as Britney since she was 16; at least he sought treatment for his addiction and has been sober for years now.

by Anonymousreply 100June 25, 2021 11:27 PM

Team Britney. But that BF is narrowing his grip on her. The baby daddy did the same and secured a fortune in child and spousal support, Federline is a professional baby daddy.

by Anonymousreply 101June 25, 2021 11:28 PM

Kevin was SO hot in 2004 to 2006.

He deserves every penny!

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2021 11:35 PM

One thing that bothers me is how poorly Americans understand mental illness.

People with schizophrenia and/or bipolar, can lead healthy, well balanced and highly productive, and dare I say even HAPPY lives.

Google “well known persons with schizophrenia” or “public figures who have schizophrenia”.

NOT ONE PERSON SHOULD EVER BE SHAMED FOR HAVING SCHIZOPHRENIA. Not even who’s a pop star worth millions.

This woman must get out of this situation in order for her to finally take responsibility for herself and care for her mental illnesses on her own with trust worthy people to support her when or if she needs help.

Other than that, there’s no stigma or shame in having an illness one didn’t create or that one triggered, yet wasn’t aware of it when the onset came about.

R100, the incident with Britney’s son where Jaime broke down the door is HIGHLY abusive. And I say this from personal experience as a NON abuser living with an abuser, but not for much longer. Thank the Lord above.

Just like Britney, I’m on way out and happy AF about being myself again and becoming t he confident person I’ve always been.

I wish this girl well. She deserves a chance to be who she sees herself as being or becoming. The resentment of living with an abuser is extremely profound and basically paralyzes one, because these toxic dynamics eventually render the victims powerless and feeling helpless. No one should live like this. It’s fundamentally unethical, especially when someone is apparently high functioning.

I’m sending you love Brit. You got this.

by Anonymousreply 103June 25, 2021 11:36 PM

R90 You're telling her FANS to leave her alone? This is a 39 year old woman who in micromanaged in every aspect of her life. You claim you have patients in conservatorship--the Justice Department figures say there are 1.3 million people in active conservatorships, how many of this small number do you have anyway? And if you are telling the truth, then you should know that conservatorships are controversial and troubling to a great many legal scholars. Conservatorships are very hard to get out of once you're in--it has nothing to do with the "courts must know something" as another poster maintained. And I doubt any of your patients have been stripped of their rights to such a degree as Spears has.

Spears might well still be mentally unstable. So are millions of people. Mothers lose custody all the time and they get it back all the time. Why do you people insist that stripping this woman of every human right is the solution? And this crypto fascism is coming from gay people??? What is wrong with you all?

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2021 11:37 PM

R100, I’m not the poster you’re referring to, but why would you doubt that Jamie Spears could have been abusive to Britney, since he was obviously an alcoholic? And Lynne Spears has said that he made life miserable for his family.

If you’ve ever been around an alcoholic, you know that living with them is never fun.

by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2021 11:38 PM

R100 "at least he sought treatment for his addiction and has been sober for years now. "

A very recent article has Jaime Spears hanging out in the local bar daily.

by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2021 11:41 PM

Receipts, R106?

Or is that just fantalk made-up gossip?

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2021 11:43 PM

R107 I'm sure he's just drinking Pepsi while expertly managing Britneys career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2021 11:49 PM

R108, Neve trust a man who doesn’t have lips.

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2021 11:52 PM

I second this, R109. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2021 11:59 PM

If she gets out of the conservatorship, she needs to dump the boyfriend and get herself a man with his own money, so she can spend hers if she pleases and can choose to work when she wants to. Being in a relationship with a back-up dancer, model, fitness trainer etc. who earns far less than her is a horrible idea. You think she would know better after K-Fed.

by Anonymousreply 111June 26, 2021 12:02 AM

“Even as she earned millions from a successful Las Vegas residency, she said she was limited to a $2,000 weekly allowance, according to the records.”

This article is really interesting. Jamie paid himself a lot more than $2000 a week, and he didn’t even have to work for that money unlike his daughter.

Looks like daddy Spears also refused random alcohol testing, even though he wants his daughter to be reevaluated before the conservatorship can be terminated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 26, 2021 12:05 AM

“Aside from his salary as conservator — now about $16,000 per month, plus $2,000 a month for office space rent — Jamie Spears was approved by the court to receive a percentage of various deals signed for his daughter.

In 2011, he received a 2.95% commission for his work on Spears’ successful Femme Fatale tour. And in 2014, he was granted 1.5% of gross revenues from the performances and merchandising tied to her Las Vegas residency, “Piece of Me,” which went on to earn a reported $138 million across nearly 250 shows.”

Didn’t someone say that Jaime was doing all this because he’s a loving father? He got 1.5% of $138 million for what exactly?

I really went into this knowing nothing about their arrangement, but the more I read, the more I’m convince that Britney’s mental health will improve drastically once this leech is removed from her life. And please spare me the “loving father” shit.

by Anonymousreply 113June 26, 2021 12:14 AM

She's got bad taste in men, poor judgment. It's is a common failing. At the height of her manic phase all those years ago, she started dating one of the paps. Her people more than likely pay for blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 114June 26, 2021 12:15 AM

She says a lot of disturbing things, but - news flash - crazy people say crazy shit. They lack self awareness and see the world through their own distorted lens. More people should have conservatorships, frankly, and she’s lucky to have one, even though she can’t realize that.

by Anonymousreply 115June 26, 2021 12:28 AM

R115, who is “she”? You can look at court documents and look at financial agreements with her father. Britney doesn’t have to say one word for me to know that she’s the family cash cow.

by Anonymousreply 116June 26, 2021 12:59 AM

What’s dumb, if her testimony is true, is why they just don’t keep her happy with the doable things she asks for. What’s a manicure, a trip to Maui or new cabinets if she wants them? I know we were in COVID but I’m sure there were workarounds for those things. At least she got to go to Hawaii after the court hearing. The lack of autonomy or agency would be a mindfuck even if she didn’t have other issues. I mean, she can perform in Vegas but not relax in Hawaii?

by Anonymousreply 117June 26, 2021 1:09 AM

R105 his alcoholism alone is not evidence of abuse. Moreover, any mistreatment that may have occurred before she became famous has no bearing any alleged "abuse" since 2008 when the conservatorship was put into place. Again, Lynne was going to divorce him because of his alcoholism, but then decided to stay married and they conceived Britney. What kind of woman goes ahead and marries and has children with a man she accused of mistreating her while under the influence of alcohol? Then she files again in 2002 before reconciling in 2010. Britney may have suffered at the hands of an abusive parent but it wasn't Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 118June 26, 2021 1:10 AM

she shouldn't be allowed to have kids, she may pass down the crazy genes.

by Anonymousreply 119June 26, 2021 1:11 AM

Lynne and Jamie are old Southern religious folk. That type of patriarchal culture enables abusive marriage and parenting styles. They were poor and Lynne pimped Britney out as soon as she could walk. Putting her in child beauty pageants and talent shows. She was their meal ticket out of poverty.

by Anonymousreply 120June 26, 2021 1:12 AM

R114, which pap did she date?

which reminds me, that other crazy actress (forgot her name) invited a pap (NYC) to her apt to smoke weed. I can't remember if he fucked her or not, she was quite nuts. Amanda something...

by Anonymousreply 121June 26, 2021 1:13 AM

She wants da babies.

She wants da hubbin.

She wants da work dat don't make her tired.

She wants da freedom.

by Anonymousreply 122June 26, 2021 1:20 AM

I say end the conservatorship and let her do whatever she wants with her life and money, even if she blows it all.

by Anonymousreply 123June 26, 2021 1:22 AM

R121 Amanda Batshit Bynes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 26, 2021 1:37 AM

R118, the fact that Britney’s father was NOT required to be tested on a regular basis as a former (?) alcoholic, is problematic. Especially when people insist that Britney is the one who can’t care for yourself, and her father was put in charge of every aspect of her life.

It looks like Britney asked from the very beginning in 2008 not to have her father put in charge of the conservatorship, but the judge did not consider her request.

by Anonymousreply 125June 26, 2021 1:46 AM

She may not be writing the Instagram captions on her account

by Anonymousreply 126June 26, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote] One thing that bothers me is how poorly Americans understand mental illness. People with schizophrenia and/or bipolar, can lead healthy, well balanced and highly productive, and dare I say even HAPPY lives.

And if you think that there aren't a shit ton of people with schizophrenia or severe bipolar who'll need lifelong support and guidance in order to live a *somewhat* normal life, you're the one with a poor understanding of those illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 127June 26, 2021 2:38 AM

Jamie Spears is a hillbilly from Louisiana, not some manipulative mastermind. Though he seems to be an abusive asshole, I think he is being used as the scapegoat for the most part. Her management, her record label, her "team" and other shadowy people we don't know by name, have been letting this happen and they don't care about Spears or her family.

by Anonymousreply 128June 26, 2021 2:57 AM

Do you think she’ll start wearing the pink wig and speaking with a British accent again?

by Anonymousreply 129June 26, 2021 3:30 AM

R3 That it your speculation. My understanding is this was a response to *THREATS* of testing being continually hung over her head by that leach -opportunist ex-hub.

This thread has the ring of PR interns (blogging teams) to it.

by Anonymousreply 130June 26, 2021 3:46 AM

R130. Wonderful detective skills.

And who has custody of their two boys?

by Anonymousreply 131June 26, 2021 3:51 AM

R128 That makes a lot of sense. I don't think her dad is stealing all of her money especially with the incredibly simple life he lives. There are shadowy figures involved that are most likely funneling her money. It's no different from what happened with Elvis, plus countless other rock stars and athletes. There are many in Hollywood who know how to take advantage of extremely wealthy but woefully uneducated celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 132June 26, 2021 4:00 AM

i think the assessment at r48 has a lot of sense to it. However, people have to understand that bipolar disorder can be a HELL ON WHEELS life to deal with if you don't have a close family member around to help out with. People with this disorder often operate at a manic (high functioning level) for days on end then crash into depression if not taking their meds regularly. If not monitored and once they are feeling better, they will stop taking their meds and start the cycle all over again. This may have been why Britney has been a meal ticket all these years. People have counted on her high functioning work ethic and counted on her continuity when in fact, it was all kind of a fallacy. Her use of drugs probably helped her to a certain extent when she crashed. Then when she was on meds for bipolar and her work product wasn't 10 hours a day, there was a problem. it just blossomed from there.

i can't say i agree that she should be free to have more kids. but she also shouldn't be a slave/robot and be expected to churn out a product all the time while being portrayed to the court as incapable. She should be able to live and fuck up her life much as we all would/do. i would say end the conservatorship (or cut way back on the restrictions) and let the chips fall where they may. She will very quickly show what her true mental state is given autonomy. But at least it will end the meal ticket to all the hangers-on.

by Anonymousreply 133June 26, 2021 4:06 AM

R133 I agree that the conservatorship should end at this point but I would say I'm not too sure about her having another baby. I personally wish that she would retire and maybe go back to Louisiana. Find her family farm and live out her childhood again in peace. Living in Southern California and the pressures of fame aren't good for her.

by Anonymousreply 134June 26, 2021 4:11 AM

r134 i agree that she shouldn't have another baby; i personally don't think she's stable enough to deal with that. That said, if you end conservatorship, you have to give her the rights and responsibilities as another functioning human being unless you are agreeing to some sci-fi bullshit that limits/restricts certain or all parts of certain or all people's basic rights.

There are safeguards in play when it comes into play if she is putting a child into harm's way (which is probably why she lost custody of the first 2 kids). i just think that she's been so used by people that have put her mental instability to the best advantage while gaining money from it. and that's sad.

it kind of reminds of that episode of Star Trek: Next Gen (yes, i'm dating myself) where they use those cute little robots (Ocampas?) to go and fix problems at the expense of their own lives but for the good of many others; then they become sentient and say "fuck this shit" and shut down their capabilities until someone recognizes it's not right to be using them against their will.

by Anonymousreply 135June 26, 2021 4:24 AM

^^r133

by Anonymousreply 136June 26, 2021 4:26 AM

Is someone really comparing a real life situation dealing with mental illness to a Star Trek episode about robots?

Jesus, no wonder y'all don't understand mental illness... you're all fucked in the head.

by Anonymousreply 137June 26, 2021 4:27 AM

r137 - clearly you don't get it was being used as an analogy (do you know that word?), which is what most of our theater/literature/music is based on.

You're the dumbass - "y'all."

by Anonymousreply 138June 26, 2021 4:35 AM

The judge in this case can't win. If he rules that the conservatorship should continue, the internet scolds who know nothing about severe mental illness or conservator ship will hound him. If he ends the conservatorship and she goes off her meds and has another public breakdown, possibly involving a new pregnancy and/or kid, then he'll be held responsible and the know-nothings of the internet will hound him.

If I were the judge, I'd find a way to break my leg skiing and resign the case, even if it is June.

by Anonymousreply 139June 26, 2021 4:43 AM

When does the judge make the decision?

by Anonymousreply 140June 26, 2021 4:45 AM

OK I highly doubt the judge will care about what about what a 100 or so mentally ill stans say about him on Twitter. People on the internet love to talk big but they don't face anyone in real life.

by Anonymousreply 141June 26, 2021 4:46 AM

R138 I'm well aware of what an analogy is. Star Trek...🙄

Okay, Hon.

by Anonymousreply 142June 26, 2021 4:57 AM

I can’t figure out who’s more mentally ill - her or her fans?

by Anonymousreply 143June 26, 2021 5:04 AM

[quote] It wouldn’t hurt me financially to refinish my kitchen cabinets

Maybe you aren't being asked to pay $250k to your boyfriend's drug dealer, er, I mean friend to do it?

by Anonymousreply 144June 26, 2021 5:11 AM

r142 / "y'all" the POINT of the post was that Britney shouldn't be treated as a MEANS TO AN END, she should be treated as a human with her own right to choose. So many people in our country are given the right to choose (and while they may choose horribly), it's THEIR RIGHT. We don't live in a slave-driven country anymore when people can choose to enslave others because "they don't know any better" yet benefit hand over foot for their performance.

if she was truly a conservatorship case, she shouldn't have to work or make money, she should be taken care of. Not blow herself up at the expense of everyone making profit from her.

that was the point of the analogy. Not the modern day analogy it was taken from.

but i'm sure you still don't get it, so this will be my last response to you. although i do can't wait for your erudite response/redirect.

Just so you know, i think Britney is someone who needs to be on meds all the time for her mental issues but am not sure she would take her meds as prescribed, as described in her previous breakdowns and neglect with her kids. i don't think she should have kids again. but we are not at that point in our society to dictate this shit. we certainly don't expect that from 99.9 percent of our population and let them procreate and live in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 145June 26, 2021 5:19 AM

A Star Trek analogy. Okay, cupcake. 🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 146June 26, 2021 5:22 AM

Excellent response, r146. Exactly my point. No re-direct or actual opinion, just a stupid GUFFAW without a thoughtful response. Maybe next time you'll have an actual response that would lend to the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 147June 26, 2021 5:39 AM

Given how much publicity is going on around this case, I tend to believe there is some pretty hair-raising evidence as to why the conservatorship is needed for Britney.

by Anonymousreply 148June 26, 2021 6:38 AM

I thought she sounded like a bitch during her testimony, talking about I’m not good, I’m great and calling herself “powerful.” Bitch go away.

by Anonymousreply 149June 26, 2021 6:40 AM

R144, why is there a drug dealer around Britney when her alcoholic father is doing such a banging job controlling her every move?

People don’t seem to understand that this conservatorships exist to protect Britney, not to enrich her parents or people around her. And if she has any access to drugs, then her conservators are failing.

by Anonymousreply 150June 26, 2021 11:41 AM

R131 Well, it *was* 50-50 before Jamie Spears physically assaulted his 13 year-old grandchild.

by Anonymousreply 151June 26, 2021 12:18 PM

R151, let it sink in that the conservator is a “former” alcoholic who likes to hang out in bars and who has restraining orders against him because he assaulted his grandchildren. How is this even possible?

by Anonymousreply 152June 26, 2021 12:23 PM

All the medication she has been taken over the years. I'm sure any future kids of hers will be damaged goods. There's no way psycho meds, just like alcohol and recreational drugs, won't have an influence on the genetics of the offspring. The fact that she doesn't consider or understand this, already makes for a good argument in favor of keeping her tubes tight.

This may sound brutal, but even more brutal is dangerous experiments with parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 153June 26, 2021 12:43 PM

Err, isn’t the judge female?

[quote] The special hearing on Wednesday was the first time Spears has spoken in open court about her case. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brenda Penny thanked Spears for her "courageous" words during the proceedings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 26, 2021 2:45 PM

R154 I don't think lithium has any effect on pregnancy. However as manic depression (or bipolar as it's now known) is genetic, any kids of hers could have it.

by Anonymousreply 155June 26, 2021 4:56 PM

"People don’t seem to understand that this conservatorships exist to protect Britney, not to enrich her parents or people around her. And if she has any access to drugs, then her conservators are failing."

If Britney won't submit to a mental health evaluation, then the conservatorship is going to continue. That's the likeliest outcome here.

But as long as this case is in the news, maybe the judge can take the opportunity to look at how the Spears family has been handling Britney and her finances, and to either give them the boot or lay down reforms necessary for them to keep their lucrative jobs as her caregivers. That wouldn't make Britney happy of course, but people with severe mental illnesses don't have a lot of good options.

by Anonymousreply 156June 26, 2021 4:57 PM

R156, she has had mental health evaluations in the past and she has said that the court did not listen to her previous requests. How in the world do you prove that you’re “normal”? The issue is that she should have never been under a total conservatorship, given her age and state of mind.

Give me the number of people who have successfully been released from their conservatorship. You can’t, because they’re usually in a coma, suffering from dementia, congenital birth defects, or otherwise unable to care for themselves. They’re not usually entertaining millions of people on a stage and giving interviews. This is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 157June 26, 2021 5:07 PM

"The issue is that she should have never been under a total conservatorship, given her age and state of mind."

You don't know what her state of mind is like, I don't know, nobody talking about this on the internet knows.

And no, being able to frame coherent sentences for the camera doesn't prove that she's totally fine.

by Anonymousreply 158June 26, 2021 5:09 PM

R158, is she incapacitated? Does a severely ill person usually have a successful career like Britney? This is bullshit, and I don't care about Britney Spears. But if this can happen to someone like her, then it can happen to anyone, and that's scary to me.

There are many other ways this could be handled without the need for a full conservatorship.

by Anonymousreply 159June 26, 2021 6:14 PM

We don't know if she's incapacitated, presumably the court knows because they've been given all the details and medical records. And again, Mr. Spears is under no obligation to give us the details.

by Anonymousreply 160June 26, 2021 6:16 PM

there are consequences to being crazy.

by Anonymousreply 161June 26, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] I thought she sounded like a bitch during her testimony, talking about I’m not good, I’m great and calling herself “powerful.” Bitch go away.

Whether the conservatorship is warranted or not, I can understand her being extremely frustrated about the money situation. Without her, nobody would be making any money.

by Anonymousreply 162June 26, 2021 9:02 PM

R162 It’s one thing to be frustrated, it’s another to talk about how “powerful” you are and call yourself “great.”

by Anonymousreply 163June 26, 2021 9:32 PM

[QUOTE] Without her, nobody would be making any money.

And without them, she would’ve pissed away her empire and might even be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 164June 26, 2021 10:04 PM

True, who knows what her financial situation might be right now without the conservatorship. Who knows what the state of her health would be.

Her fans might be gathered together with signs saying "HELP BRITNEY!" and saying that nobody cares about her, blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 165June 26, 2021 10:31 PM

Exactly. These fucking hypocrites would be out there at the candlelight vigils in front of news cameras like “Why didn’t her family do anything to help Britney?”

by Anonymousreply 166June 26, 2021 10:39 PM

she needs to be evaluated, much as she doesn't want this. her current meds might be wrong, or right. All that aside, her dad needs to be removed and they need to put someone else (impartial) as her impartial guardian.

by Anonymousreply 167June 26, 2021 10:56 PM

Her fans are just shrill and dumb. But don't forget, they've seen one documentary about her so they know all there is to know about her case.

by Anonymousreply 168June 26, 2021 10:58 PM

[quote] [R158], is she incapacitated? Does a severely ill person usually have a successful career like Britney?

a SEVERELY Mentally ILL person became President of the United States

by Anonymousreply 169June 27, 2021 10:58 PM

like Trump, y'all

by Anonymousreply 170June 27, 2021 11:03 PM

I say let her loose! Crazy Britney was a lot of fun! And Blackout is definitely her best album.

by Anonymousreply 171June 28, 2021 12:54 AM

How come junkie spaz Zayn Malik doesn't have a conservatorship? Or chronic junkie Pete Doherty? Is it illegal in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 172June 28, 2021 1:00 AM

Zayn Malik never had any mental breakdowns.

by Anonymousreply 173June 28, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote] But as long as this case is in the news, maybe the judge can take the opportunity to look at how the Spears family has been handling Britney and her finances,

Good lord. What about the fact that this conservatorship is under court supervision do you not get? It always has been.

There is a regular and ongoing accounting of her finances and her "guardianship". They have never found a reason to remove her father. Her father is not somehow ripping her off.

Suggesting that all she needs is to stay on her meds etc. is another example of the obtuseness on this thread. It appears she won't do it on her own. Even in her speech to the court she comes off as resistant to mental health treatment. Her rambling about wanting a baby just served to show the court that she may be under her boyfriend's influence. What mentally sound woman with her history would consider getting pregnant at her age and with her mental health issues?

Every psychotic break she has causes more damage to her brain and makes her recovery less likely. They are able to do amazing imaging of the brain now and we know that the brain gets injured with these breakdowns so it is imperative that the breakdowns be prevented. I hope she's not in some manic stage with her happy happy vacation.

This judge will be sympathetic and hope that giving her a chance to speak her mind will help but I doubt she will do anything except listen to the experts and those the judge feel care about her.

I know it's sad that Britney is in this situation, she seems like she was a sweet girl, but there are circumstances we all face in life beyond our control (her genetics and mental health) and she is amazingly luckier than 99% of the people on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 174June 28, 2021 6:59 PM

"Suggesting that all she needs is to stay on her meds etc. is another example of the obtuseness on this thread. It appears she won't do it on her own. Even in her speech to the court she comes off as resistant to mental health treatment."

Being resistant to mental health treatment isn't a reason to keep her under the conservatorship, Sinead fucking O'Connor isn't under conservatorship and she has a massive public breakdown every couple of years. She won't be conserved until she does something that causes serious brain damage, which is likely enough.

No, we don't know whether Britney's mental state really qualifies her for the conservatorship or not, because HIPAA regulations keep her conservators and the courts from releasing any medical information. The conversation with the judge may show her baseline (with no grasp of her illness or treatment), or she may spend every night of her life being psychotic and threatening herself or others, or her real state may be somewhere in the middle. We don't know what she's like, we don't know what her mental health is like, and we have no legal right to know.

by Anonymousreply 175June 29, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote] Err, isn’t the judge female?

If this were a modern TV show, she'd be female AND black!

by Anonymousreply 176June 29, 2021 12:58 AM

Even K-Fed says not to lift the conservatorship without a psych evaluation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 29, 2021 9:29 PM

I appreciate the social/culture/camp-love-of-a-trainwreck part of Ms. Spears' career, brand, talent and unfortunate life experiences. I don't care about her as a performer. Please.

BUT no one caught in a conservatorship, appropriately or not, should ever have been subjected to being worked in the way required of her (even if she was okay about doing it). An incompetent person is not something to work like a mule. With the money pouring in for use by the people in charge of the conservatorship, and without anything that appears like a program to address her disorder(s) and issues, it is unethical and unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 178June 30, 2021 1:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!