Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Britney Spears : What went wrong?!

She was doing well until 2004. After that her life pretty much went downhill.

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2019 3:55 AM

Did she suddenly become mentally ill then or was she always cray cray?

And were drugs involved?

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2019 7:52 AM

mental illness manifests in your early 20’s... Britters was 23 in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2019 8:12 AM

Yep. She was at the age where schizophrenia often manifests. I'm sure whatever she was taking to self medicate, on top of being the family cash cow no matter how much she was wrung out by doing so, played greatly into it as well. God only know what she went through/saw/endured when she was young. I'm sure she had to spread 'em on more than one occasion as directed by her "mother". Lynne Spears makes Kris Kardashian look like the quintessential saintly mother figure.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2019 8:21 AM

The song perfectly describes her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2019 12:14 PM

No talent whore who was primped up since she was like six with expectations of stardom. She had to crack at some time.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2019 12:16 PM

I think the turning point was her breakup with Justin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2019 12:21 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2019 12:48 PM

grifter family plus no talent.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2019 12:50 PM

Nothing went wrong; people just suddenly realized she was retarded, the family hid it pretty well up to that point.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2019 1:12 PM

Trash background, dumb as a rock.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2019 1:37 PM

Childhood sexual abuse + mental illness = very sad situation

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote]She was doing well until 2004

Let's see before 2003 only three top ten hits. Oops, Crazy and One More Time (#1)

After 2003, Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer (#1), Circus, 3 (#1), Hold It Against Me (#1), Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go, and Scream and Shout.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2019 1:34 AM

Prancing monkey. Family forced her.

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2019 1:35 AM

I love Britney. But I think she will never be well.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2019 1:50 AM

I love Britney, too. I think she really likes women. She just lives as a financial prisoner to her grifter family.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2019 1:54 AM

Growing in the stardom can be very damaging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2019 2:02 AM

I suspect she contracted HIV...allegedly. Many celebs do not handle the news well **cough**L. Lohan, Zac Efron **cough**. Is crix belly still a thing? Her belly sure looks like it. Lipodystrophy in the face can be a very tell-tell sign.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2019 2:05 AM

I wish her nothing but the best. She's brought pleasure to many and riches to her family. Nothing that makes her anything but deserving of a life of peace.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2019 2:05 AM

I'm thinking drug use sparked her undiagnosed schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2019 2:35 AM

I've heard the HIV rumor as well - plus she allegedly passed it on to at least one of her kids. I hope it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2019 2:50 AM

She's fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2019 3:19 AM

Actually no. She was always saved from derailing her own career by her team.

When she was in the girl group she hooked up and partied. When she went to Sweden to record her first record, she fell in love with a Swedish DJ and wanted to stay with him.

She has always been steered like a puppet. Justin was a PR relationship. Her imagine was crafted for her. She wanted to do Sheryl Crow music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2019 3:26 AM

Supposedly that recording of Britney saying Jason Trawick beat her was legitimate. You can't find it on the internet anymore.

Britney is bipolar like her dad's mother who committed so suicide on her infant son's grave. Her dad Jamie is a rage alcoholic and her mother Lynne is a small town in bumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2019 3:31 AM

She also had babies back to back. Post partum depression. Being married to a cheating guy like K Fed didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2019 3:34 AM

Britney lost her virginity at 14 to her 18 year old bf she went to high school with Her mom encouraged her to go after him He was a hometown football player and thought it would make Britney more popular to date him and have sex with him There may have been a miscarriage during this time The bf was from one of the richest families in town so they had no need to sell this gossip to the press once Britney became famous They also had an incentive to stay quiet bc their son was breaking the law by having had sex with a 14 year old

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2019 3:39 AM

In 1996, Britney moved to Orlando, FL full time and joined an all girl group called Innosense. She took the partying to the next level at this time. Lou Pearlman was in charge of Innosense. But Lou preferred his boy bands (Backstreet, n’sync) so he basically ignored the girls. The girls had a lot of free time and no supervision. They went crazy. Britney went out every single night clubbing she was hooking up with guys twice her age (she is 15/16 at this time). she was doing cocaine and smoking pot at 15.

One night, a 15 year old Britney and one of the other Innosense girls met 2 guys in a club, they hit it off and spent the next 4 days at one of the guy’s houses doing coke and having sex and drinking champagne. A 48 hour party. Her parents thought the partying and drinking was “just a part of growing up”.

Britney was in bad shape and needed to get away from Lou and the girl group- she needed to go solo or there would be no career. Her parents found Larry Rudolph and they, with the marketing team, spent a month creating Britney’s image. And planned out the album and the press and everything. They decided to send a 16 year old Britney to Sweden to record a demo.

They record label did not know how bad she had been in Orlando- the partying and drinking. The record label wanted her to record a full album while in Sweden. She was still partying, but it was different. It was DJs and producers and the clubs and the Sweden hit factory. Britney met and fell in love with a Swedish DJ. This is when she gets introduced to ecstasy. This was a more of a refined environment to party in, compared to the hard, trashy Orlando, FL partying. In Sweden, Britney starts having regular threesomes, she likes to hook up with girls and boys. She had done jack shit to work on the album she was in Sweden to record.

She got busted for slacking off and they made her come back home. She was heart broken to leave her DJ bf. She wanted to stay and live with him. Her dad had to come get her and make her come home. The record company sobered her up by keeping her busy 10-12 hours a day.

She was their investment and it was time for the payout. Britney was prepping to go on a mall tour. She was doing well and behaving. But as soon as the mall tour started, things did not go well.

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2019 3:43 AM

She had no talent, couldn’t sing, and got old.

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2019 3:45 AM

Britney went to Crossroads Centre rehab in Antigua for a day, then decided she did not want to be that far away from her kids, so she came right back. Kevin said since Britney left rehab, she could only see the kids if she took drug tests.

Britney then goes and shaves her hair off, bc she thinks it will allow her to beat a drug test. Enty says Britney tried to kill herself twice that night- the head shaving night- and many people don’t know that after that night she tried rehab again, this time at Promises in Malibu.

she would go, then leave, then go back, then leave again…

she kinda stuck it out at one point and got out in March 2007, she looked better, more healthy, but she wasn’t really any better with not doing drugs- she just had not been around any for a while.

as soon as she was out, she fired her manager, Larry Rudolph and starts doing drugs again and having parties at her house “it’s basically a sexual free-for-all”. these parties sometimes took place while her young sons were at home.

we are in May 2007, Britney decides to go perform at the House of Blues in San Diego, CA. this is a big venue, not an arena, but still big. she is supposed to play a 2 hour show, but she was hours and hours late. the doors opened at 5:00 PM, Britney finally got to the stage around 10:00ish and she performed for 13 minutes. “and it wasn’t a very good 13 minutes.”

shortly after this performance, Britney tried to kill herself again. this is when Kevin came up with the great idea (not really) to lie to Britney and tell her if she could only get sober, he would get back together with her.

at this time, Kevin was the better parent. he was not on drugs and having wild parties at his house. Britney still has 50/50 custody of the kids. Britney once accused her mother of sleeping with Kevin- Lynn never slept with Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2019 3:52 AM

Britney is a bi-polar mess.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2019 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!