Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recollections May Vary XII

XI got paywalled just as the news broke that the Court of Appeal has granted ANL the right to appeal Mr Justice Warby's awarding of Summary Judgement without trial to Meghan in January.

It appears that recollections may vary in the Courts of Justice, too.

So here is the new thread. I have also started a thread strictly on the ANL news.

Not a great few months since the Oprah interview, eh?

I bet they thought they were just going to pull the Palace walls down with that interview, eh?

by Anonymousreply 364July 17, 2021 4:34 PM

Honestly, I’m not sharp enough to understand the intricacies of the original case, but I do hope it forces the identities of the “People Five” to be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2021 7:21 PM

I wonder if they regret that suit. Everyone would have forgotten about it. It was endless news cycles ago, and I’d forgotten all about it.

People like them seem to derive some sort of sustenance from grudges.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2021 7:23 PM

First story on the granting of the right to appeal the Summary Judgement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2021 8:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2021 10:28 PM

Well well well . . . The DM reports that contrary to what Harry claimed in the Oprah interview, Charles continued to support the Sussexes financially to the tune of millions from the pot of revenues from the Duchy of Cornwall designated for support of his sons.

They were not "cut off" financially at all as soon as they left, and they both sat there and lied on international television with straight faces.

It's all coming out now, like pus out of boils.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 12:39 AM

KKK thread. F&F.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 11:59 AM

And now, a farce arises out of their baby's birth certificate, where either Dimwit himself or an equally dimwitted representative taking down the information to send to the county register listed Harry's FIRST NAME as Duke of Sussex, and his LAST NAME as His Royal Highness.

They can't seem to do anything, ANYTHING, even register their kid's birth, without making themselves look like asshoes.

His last name is either Mountbatten-Windsor, or Duke of Sussex. His first name is Henry Charles Albert David. If he wanted to immortalise his status, he could have left Mountbatten-Windsor off (although it's the surname his kids are using, so that would have been nice, don't you think, Harry?), and used His Royal Highness, Duke of Sussex as his last name.

It's unbelievable - there isn't anything they can't fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 12:51 PM

Weird that he wanted to be Duke of Sussex but she was (evidently) content with Rachel Meghan Markle 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 1:12 PM

Somebody was Royally High!

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 4:58 PM

I thought he wasn't an HRH anymore - is that incorrect?

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 5:30 PM

He's not meant to use the HRH, but she has yet to take it from him completely. He better pray she lives for a while though, because Charles will put William in charge of family matters when she dies, and William will (rightly) show these two scumbags zero pity.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 5:51 PM

R8– she had no choice. CA requires the mother to use her maiden name on birth certificates

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2021 3:30 AM

Thanks, R12 - didn’t know that. Makes sense now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2021 5:28 AM

Didn't MeAgain go back and later change her name on Archie's birth certificate?

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2021 5:32 AM

America also doesn't recognise foreign titles. Yes, Harry is still technically an HRH but agreed not to use it publicly as part of the Megxit deal.

If you read Lacey's rather lame wrap-up of his book in the last excerpt, the Queen will never amend the 1917 Titles Act and deprive Harry's kids of their HRHs, but Charles might. Personally, I think leaving that burden on Charles is foolish on her part, if it's true. The last thing Charles will need as the opening chapter of his reign is the wearisome regurgitation of the racism screams because these are the mixed race kids.

I also think Lacey himself is smoking something potent if he really thinks the Sussexes will be anywhere near the BP balcony on Platinum Jubilee day.

He was never a real historian. And this book is several notches below "Majesty", his esrly biography of the Queen. This one reads like something with way too much in common with Scobie's book. And worse, you can see him trying to hide it.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2021 10:35 AM

I’m still cracking up about the name on the birth certificate. I can’t wrap my head around it being a valid legal document.

It reminds me of recent NYC mayoral candidate, Paperboy LOVE Prince. (Who is much nicer and more sane than Just Harry.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2021 1:24 PM

R15 He strudied history to MA level at Cambridge. He’s considerably more qualified than you will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2021 2:30 PM

R17 - I know what his C V says. The fact remains, he's become increasingly less of a real historian and more of a Netflix bitch and Andrew Morton wannabe and royal gossip opportunist over time.

And as for qualified: this is a gossip site, and you don't need a degree to see bullshit when it's staring you in the face.

Oxbridge grads seem to display quite as many weaknesses in the honest/intellect department as the rest of us.

David Cameron comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2021 2:56 PM

Good LORD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2021 4:26 PM

Lol, bet that photo is replaced by the next meeting.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2021 4:32 PM

R18 Lacey wants the Big Bucks and the notoriety, he's an old man and this is his last hurrah.

As for Diana's 'alleged' voice coach, she's been dead for 25 years. Never heard of this guy and why would a 'voice coach' she used (if she did) 25 years ago know anything? And it was widely reported during Diana's life that the person who coached her on public speaking was Lord Attenborough not this grifter.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2021 4:34 PM

Are we sure the queen still has all her marbles? The last time I saw her, she looked more out of it than Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2021 4:39 PM

[quote] royal gossip opportunist over time

Yes, R18. This accurately describes Robert Lacey.

He is quickly becoming another Omid Scoobie: a propagandist who wishes to poison the history well with his self-blinding personal perspectives.

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2021 4:39 PM

R23 uh, I wouldn't compare Lacey, whatever his faults, to Scobie who's an amateur publicist who can't even keep his lies straight.

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2021 4:44 PM

R19, I think it’s gracious of the Queen to have a photo of those two. If anyone asked me, I’d say she should have thar photo of her holding Archie. I don’t think it means she’s forgiven and forgotten.

But who knows?

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2021 4:53 PM

About the photograph mentioned in R19's link.

What photo are they talking about?

On the tables, behind the Queen, clearly seen on the rightmost table, next to the red lamp appears to be a photo from William and Catherine's engagement. (Yes, I found that photo online.)

There are other pictures, partially covered by the flowers on the left table, but I tried and couldn't make out who they were.

I think someone may be reaching in their claim of it being the Sussex pair.

Anyone else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2021 4:57 PM

I think the one is understood to be him in the navy suit and her in that white bathrobe style coat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2021 5:35 PM

r1 Now that would be very interesting!

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2021 5:44 PM

R27, I am not seeing the one you mean.

I am pretty sure that the one of William and Kate (see link below) is the one on the table next to the dark red lamp.

Which photo are you referring to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2021 6:10 PM

I agree with you r29. I see the Will and Kate photo but none of Hand M.

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2021 6:58 PM

The photo is supposed to be under the pink and white floral arrangement. I can’t tell WHAT those photos are. And I think I spy a bottle of booze on that table.

And her purse on a chair.

The photo we can see best is of William and Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2021 8:08 PM

Is that Diana’s iconic ring in r29’s photo? Oh snap.

by Anonymousreply 32June 26, 2021 8:09 PM

I just can't stop laughing about the birth certificate. Wonder if Oprah & Gayle are looking at it & realizing that they look as dopey as Dim. The shots of them looking at him while he talks, taps himself, does his relaxation stroking. If you're not part of the solution, etc. If you participate in dopey, you look dopey too.

Can't ever remember seeing Karma quicker than this...soo amusing.

Feel sad for the kids & for his fam. When you love a fam. member, no matter bad it gets you might get mad in the moment, but it's still is sad & it hurts

by Anonymousreply 33June 26, 2021 9:08 PM

R17, as a matter of fact I studied history to MA level, too - and you may rest assured that what Mr Lacey does hasn't got to do much with being a proper historian.

by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2021 9:43 PM

Did anyone listen to Lady C today?: The vid title makes reference to the Cambridges not travelling together. I listened while I was doing other things and did not hear it come up, may have missed it. I am curious if this is an actual change in operating procedure or something we all hope for that someone sent a question about. Anyone? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2021 10:23 PM

Mr. Lacey is Harry's mouth piece at the moment. Both work for Netflix and are very aware that Harry is of no value to them outside of the royal family. All of that tripe about their " friends" trying " gently" encouraging them reconcile is utter garbage. Harry no longer has any friends and William's friends would never talk to anyone because William would never speak to them again. Harry wants back in, however, he isn't going to apologize. He is not going to acknowledge the harm he has caused his family. He just makes excuses and places the blame anywhere except on him. He will never be trusted again and his wife will never be allowed a anywhere near trf again. Harry and wife are parasitic greedy sociopaths. There can not be any redemption when there is no remorse.

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2021 10:35 PM

Lacey is a pathetic hack.

Imagine publishing a book which you had to edit in a completely 180 degree direction within one year after publishing.

That's what Lacey had to do between the hardback publication last year and the paperback publication this month.

The last edit was full of "it's all William's fault, Harry and Meghan were terribly hard done by, blah blah blah" and then events overtook Lacey's lazy research - which was done exclusively with Sussex sources - disproving them so completely that he's had to "republish" an almost completely different book under the same title. He's become a joke in publishing circles for this turnaround (see Private Eye on this) and will never be taken seriously on this subject, or on any subject, ever again.

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2021 10:46 PM

He is close to Scabies level now, imo. He is saying that trf need H&M, lol! Wtf does William need a backstabbing jealous little ungrateful brother around him for?

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2021 10:58 PM

The June 21 issue of US Magazine called Lilibet "America's First Princess". In the June 27 issue there was a story about how close William and Harry were getting and that William and Kate were planning a visit to America to visit and see their new niece......

The latest issue says "Archie Will Never Be Prince"......

At least the Kardashians aren't on the cover every week now....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2021 10:58 PM

Uppity Negress OCD thread #3,288.791.

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2021 11:00 PM

They are an embarrassing joke now. They have cheapened the dignity of the Monocracy. They need to be completely severed from trf in every way. I think they are doing great harm to trf.

by Anonymousreply 41June 26, 2021 11:03 PM

[quote]They are an embarrassing joke now.

Irony is now officially dead.

[quote]They have cheapened the dignity of the Monocracy.

You either misspelled "monarchy" or you believe Lilibet is the sole governmental authority of the United Kingdom. Neither option is great.

by Anonymousreply 42June 26, 2021 11:06 PM

R39 has Us finally stopped inflicting the crazy pedophile hillbilly family in Arkansas with their 9 million pregnancies on the world?

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2021 11:53 PM

I totally agree with r15, r18, and r37. Lacey has lost the plot. There's no way in hell that H&M are getting anywhere near the balcony at next year's Jubilee celebration.

by Anonymousreply 44June 27, 2021 12:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 27, 2021 12:14 AM

Exactly right, r45.

The biggest danger the Monarchy faces right now is if they are seen to be catering in any way to the Harkles, such is the intensity of feeling against the duplicitous duo in Britain at the moment.

Don't forget, H and M didn't just insult the Queen and family, but they called the entirety of Britain racist, an accusation which Britons take very seriously and which has made H & M exiles for life from the country's good graces.

by Anonymousreply 46June 27, 2021 12:34 AM

R45, I agree. It sounds like bullshit. On the one hand, we have the point by point rebuttal to the Oprah allegations being leaked.

Yet the Queen wants them at her birthday party?

Pull the other one.

by Anonymousreply 47June 27, 2021 1:32 AM

Came across this link to a video of a psychic reading taken around the time that the Harkles married.

The wording and accuracy three years in advance is startling .Worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 27, 2021 3:16 AM

Rumor is that the Diana statue has her sitting on, wait for it, a BENCH!

by Anonymousreply 49June 27, 2021 3:41 AM

R4. I believe he is wrong. Lillibet was the current queen’s nickname within the family long before Prince Philip came along. His nickname for the queen was ‘cabbage’.

by Anonymousreply 50June 27, 2021 3:48 AM

He called her cabbage in private and Lillibet among family. Only her closest family were allowed to call her Lillibet. Father, mother, Margaret, close cousins (like Princess Alexandra) and Royal cousins (like the Dutch, Spanish and Danish Royals). But not even her grandchildren, much less their children. People were astonished when she asked Nelson Mandela to call her Lillibet. Her successful efforts to help end apartheid are hardly known, much less appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 51June 27, 2021 4:27 AM

Friends with ties to the aristocracy in England say that HMTQ was quite calm about the use (unknowingly ahead of time) of her personal, private nickname.

“Lilibet” was her attempt to say her own name as a child.

However, reportedly, family close to her were “livid, “breathless”, incandescent with rage upon hearing that The Harkles had commandeered her private name for their daughter.

by Anonymousreply 52June 27, 2021 5:07 AM

[quote] People were astonished when she asked Nelson Mandela to call her Lillibet.

No.

Nelson Mandela called her "Elizabeth".

by Anonymousreply 53June 27, 2021 5:24 AM

Well of course HMTQ was "quite calm" in the face of that deeply offensive news. It would take a hell of a lot more than the Harkles to get her to show her feelings.

However, it was immediately after the Harkles hijacked the private name she treasured and guarded (without even asking her and then lying to the press about asking) that she authorized palace officials to break the long, long, longstanding policy of "never complain, never explain" in relation to Harkle stories. This is so the palace can publicly call out Harry and Meghan's brazen lies.

Calm or not, it's clear that she must be as sick of their lies as the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2021 5:38 AM

It's the lying the royal family objects too. They always knew Harry was a dimwit spoiled brat and they soon learned Markle was a grifter. But the lying's so over the top.

by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2021 5:40 AM

Seems quite tall?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 27, 2021 11:56 PM

'He better pray she lives for a while though, because Charles will put William in charge of family matters when she dies, and William will (rightly) show these two scumbags zero pity.'

William isn't going to be in charge of anything. His mundane duties will increase but you're all dreaming if you think Charles is going to let him make major decisions about family funding.

by Anonymousreply 57June 28, 2021 1:17 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 28, 2021 4:11 AM

Truth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2021 4:22 AM

r58's Independent link is hilarious. It reads:

Update: 12 May 2021.

On 12 March 2021 we published an article headlined: ‘I’m a black British member of the aristocracy. I love the royal family — but I know what Meghan said was true,’ written by Alexander Maier-Dlamini in which he was described as the “Marquess of Annaville - the last of the Irish peerages”. This was incorrect, there is no Marquess of Annaville in the Irish peerage. The Independent has been unable to verify what titles (if any) Alexander Maier-Dlamini holds."

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2021 4:28 AM

Well that’s dumb.

by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2021 7:57 AM

The titles just don’t work in America. The insistence is comical. Like Eddie Murphy in “Coming to America” or that goofy “Prince” ZsaZsa married. Or “Countess” LuAnn.

They can probably insist on the titles, but NO ONE will be bowing or curtsying.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2021 9:16 AM

^^ or saluting Harry.

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2021 9:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2021 9:41 AM

Big failure for the Independent which, once upon a time, was a decent paper.

by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2021 10:21 AM

The editor didn't even google him. Quite the massive fail.

by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2021 11:29 AM

[quote]William isn't going to be in charge of anything. His mundane duties will increase but you're all dreaming if you think Charles is going to let him make major decisions about family funding.

I wouldn't totally bet on that. William isn't the kind of heir that Charles was, simpy and weak and without the respect of his predecessor. The Queen and Philip didn't have much use for Charles - at least not for many years - and didn't make him a part of much of their future planning or decision making. Charles is said to have a real fear of William; if he wants to have his voice heard on certain things, he will.

Further to that, William will be a nearly middle-aged heir to an elderly monarch. He will have a much more prominent role in planning as PoW than his father did with QEII.

by Anonymousreply 67June 28, 2021 11:58 AM

Recollections May Vary was rather a brilliant response at the time, and there is something to be said for the restrained strategy in the weeks following those incendiary interviews, which weren't "interviews" in the real sense of the word, but media platforms accorded to two people whose agendas dovetailed with those offering them the platforms.

The Palace refusing to back Harry's lies about his baby's name and the video call was also a well-timed wakeup call to the Harkles that there were, after all, lines that would be defended. Lacey's inclusion in his newest edition of his (still lame) book of the more extreme characterisations of Meghan's treatment of staff was another shot across the bow.

As for the Queen remaining "calm" about the use of her childhood nickname by the Harkles: it's quite obvious that despite not throwing audible hissy fits, her anger was clear in the Palace leaking the truth. NO ONE would have done that without her greenlighting it, and the fact that she did so tells you how she felt about it, whatever her demeanour.

All that said, it's also clear that the Queen remains reluctant to neutralise the Harkles to the extent needed. If she is planning to allow them to attend the Trooping the Colour next year on the balcony of BP, she's a fool. If she doesn't issue those LPs re Harry's kids titles, and forces Charles either to open his reign doing so, or handing the Harkles a decidedly unearned victory, she's a fool. Not rescinding Harry's ducal title at the end of that first year, when it was clear they were never going to represent Britain or the monarchy again and would be making their home base in LaCa, was foolish.

That title was bestowed on the assumption that Harry and his wife, whoever she was, would be serving the monarchy and Britain for the rest of their lives. When the couple abandoned both commitments, they should have been stripped of the title that was bestowed on that understanding. So what if she went around calling herself Princess Henry?

It was the principle that counted. The Queen remains reluctant to take the strongest measures, and in failing to do so, she further enabled and encouraged the Harkles.

I think Joseph Stieglitz once said that there comes a point where compromise equals failure.

That's the line the Palace, which is to say, the Queen, is teetering on.

by Anonymousreply 68June 28, 2021 12:19 PM

The Harkles aren't going to be invited this far in advance. This is surely one of the many 'muddying the waters', often contradictory stories and leaks we've seen so many of over the last few months.

by Anonymousreply 69June 28, 2021 12:40 PM

The Harkles'll be divorced before then. No way they can keep up their hysterics for another year.

by Anonymousreply 70June 28, 2021 3:45 PM

More like unquestioned propaganda, R66. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 71June 28, 2021 4:06 PM

R68, Philip was said to advocate your position, but was ignored. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 72June 28, 2021 4:09 PM

Meghan isn't leaving Harry as long as he's still Prince Henry Charles Albert David, Duke of Sussex.

The titles law was amended by the Queen so that married-in wives lose the titles in a divorce after the Wales and York divorces.

Meghan is 40 this summer, hardly the most beautiful woman on the planet, has two small kids, and a mounting pile of negative PR growing up around her extremely unattractive feet and legs (there's a reason she told that Reitman's photographer not to take pix of her feet), and no matter what she says, still needs the cloak of royalty around her to lend her any celebrity worth a damn.

She's going nowhere without Harry. She'll be pulled out of that marriage with splinters from the porch railing under her fingernails, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 73June 28, 2021 4:56 PM

R73, the visual cracked me up.

The only thing I’d disagree with is that SHE does the leaving and ghosting. When she’s good and ready, she’ll dump him. But as you say, she’s there for the title. I agree with the other person who said the Queen needs to yank the titles. For severs reasons; chief among them that Harry’s not useful to her if he’s Just Harry.

by Anonymousreply 74June 28, 2021 7:10 PM

I'm not aware of the Queen changing anything about married-in titles after the divorces, but I do know that as a non-British citizen, Meghan does not hold any British titles in her own right. This is not true of Kate and Camilla et al. If they were to divorce, they would go, for example, from being THE Duchess of Cornwall to being Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, but they would remain in full legal possession of the dowager version of the title.

There was never a provision made for married-ins who kept their nationality because it was unthinkable that someone would marry in and keep a foreign nationality. After divorce, the crown rescinds the strictly courtesy titles they allow the foreign married-in to use. Meghan is merely Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor, and is only called the Duchess of Sussex because the crown allows her to be called that. Upon divorce she will never be called that again within the UK and Commonwealth. Sure, she'll try to string it out in the USA, but that would wear thin after a while.

THIS is why she will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from this marriage.

by Anonymousreply 75June 28, 2021 7:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 28, 2021 7:45 PM

If true, funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 28, 2021 7:46 PM

R75 she'd still call herself Princess Meghan. Maybe she could marry Prince Jackson to start a new American royal dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 78June 28, 2021 8:06 PM

She doesn't hold the title Princess, either, r78, because she never took British citizenship. She is merely styled Princess because the crown allows her to be.

For now.

by Anonymousreply 79June 28, 2021 8:22 PM

R79 she doesn't care about the crown, she's bigger than the crown - dammit, she's a Princess and if you deny that - you're a racist who is pushing her to commit suicide!

by Anonymousreply 80June 28, 2021 9:03 PM

The BRF is like a younger sibling. The British people pick on them, but no one else is allowed to.

by Anonymousreply 81June 28, 2021 11:20 PM

This is baffling to me, I suspect they only want it to be made public so that they can smear and attack their victims. If not made public, they will not get the report is my understanding as it is an internal HR matter.

Supposedly Megs has written a 30 pg doc attacking her victims further, er, "setting the record straight." There are too many stories on too many continents and too much video for her claims of being "kind and compassionate: to ring true. Also, many of the staff had worked for the BRF for a very long time, including for the Queen and many moved on to work for the Cambridges. So them being incompetent employees does not wash either. Nor does her being an American as an excuse, so is Jason Knauf who started the investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 28, 2021 11:30 PM

'She's going nowhere without Harry. She'll be pulled out of that marriage with splinters from the porch railing under her fingernails, so to speak'

Yep. No clue why Klanners here rage on about her wanting a divorce so that she can marry a tech billionaire. They marry 28 year olds with no children.

by Anonymousreply 83June 28, 2021 11:37 PM

' There are too many stories on too many continents and too much video '

How do you know it's all on video, spaz?

by Anonymousreply 84June 28, 2021 11:38 PM

my ex is a Brit and a leftie with little sympathy for any member of the RF except the Queen. He loathes Prince Harry and Prince Charles. John Oliver (and nota bene: no Brit has ever heard of him) started attacking the Queen on a show we were watching to suck up to American audiences. He was furious. Fuck that wanker!

by Anonymousreply 85June 28, 2021 11:59 PM

R85, it’s an interesting phenomenon. I’m American and have complaints about the government and my countrymen (and women). But I don’t want to hear it from anyone who isn’t from here.

However, I’m a New Yorker and everyone is free to snipe at Bill DeBlasio from every corner of the globe.

by Anonymousreply 86June 29, 2021 12:34 PM

Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 29, 2021 3:28 PM

Meghanlomaniac's lunatic fanbase is desperately trying to make the term klan happen - look what I've found in the DM's comments section:

[quote] Hahahahaha...British klan Media aren't tired of fabricating stories to make cheat and bone look good.

by Anonymousreply 88June 29, 2021 3:36 PM

I hope the DM responds by printing snaps of Harry in his Nazi uniform, R88.

by Anonymousreply 89June 29, 2021 3:39 PM

Meghan's obese middle-aged black fangurls are a caution!

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2021 3:40 PM

I wonder if Harry will strip and run around naked at his mother's birthday celebration, like he did at the birthday celebration for Charles?

Harry has NEVER been right in the head. Sadists and spaths like to take control and ruin occasions that way. His wife has compounded the monster he already was.

by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2021 3:42 PM

R88, Sunshine Shite is as lazy as their clients, not gonna let that phrase go, will just keep flogging it.

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2021 3:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2021 5:56 PM

Prince William at Wembley joining the standing ovation for England after beating Germany - hope Harry is watching the tv at Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2021 5:59 PM

R79 - The title for the wives is always a courtesy because the title is never theirs, it's the husband's. If William died tomorrow, Kate, yes, would continue to hold the title of Duchess of Cambridge. But if they got divorced, the right to the title would come into play, because the spouse holding the title might wish to marry again. You can't have two HRH The Duchess of Cambridges walking around. So in a divorce, something has to give, and it's the ex-wife.

Meghan has no more right to her title than Kate does, because it isn't and never was "hers", or Kate's. The titles are Harry's and William's. The citizenship issue was, I think, a red herring. America doesn't recognise foreign titles, but that doesn't stop Meghan from using it at every opportunity and that's how she's referred to in the American media.

Where Meghan is concerned, you might say that that old legal principle "possession is nine-tenths of the law" comes into play. Who's to stop her from using it even if she gets divorced, unless she trades it for financial security?

One way or another, the BRF makes sure the ex-wife doesn't walk out with exactly what she came in with, regardless of her citizenship status. Neither woman has any proscriptive right to it in a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2021 10:01 PM

R95 Fergie is Sarah, Duchess of York - previously she was HRH Sarah, The Duchess of York. Even if Andrew remarried she could stay Duchess of York & his new wife would get the HRH and THE.

Same goes for Markle & Harry when they divorce. Since it is just a courtesy styling, her nationality is irrelevant...just like Countess Luann

If William died tomorrow, Kate would lose neither the HRH or THE. Neither, for that matter, would Markle if Harry died.

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2021 10:53 PM

What fresh hell are the Narkles getting ready to unleash?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2021 10:57 PM

Haz wants to wear his Nazi uniform to the unveiling, R97.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2021 11:02 PM

Radar Online is notoriously unreliable. They just make things up and the DM look like the NY Times.

[quote]Harry won’t show them his speech and is refusing to take part in meetings or dress rehearsals.

Well of course he's not having live meetings or showing up at dress rehearsals. He's still in quarantine until tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2021 11:04 PM

Such a petulant tween he is!

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2021 11:13 PM

Him bringing his own journalist to document made me wonder if he will make a speech like his uncle did and memorialize it for his forthcoming burn the family to the ground documentary. Does not seem to bode well at all.

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote]wonder if he will make a speech like his uncle

I fully expect his speech will be a full-on verbal assault of the press and his family. It will be performative nonsense meant to be a big reveal, likely at the behest of his wife and SS. To the well-informed it will just come off as lunacy and sour grapes.

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2021 11:28 PM

R102 I agree. His wife probably wrote the speech.

by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2021 11:30 PM

His wife definitely wrote his dumb videotaped speech the other day with her Roget's Thesaurus by her side. She's like a pretentious high school senior.

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2021 11:44 PM

Yes, as soon as “lived experience” popped up I knew that Harry was the monkey and Smeg the organ grinder.

by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote] Fergie is Sarah, Duchess of York - previously she was HRH Sarah, The Duchess of York. Even if Andrew remarried she could stay Duchess of York & his new wife would get the HRH and THE.

Same goes for Markle & Harry when they divorce. Since it is just a courtesy styling, her nationality is irrelevant...just like Countess Luann

If William died tomorrow, Kate would lose neither the HRH or THE. Neither, for that matter, would Markle if Harry died.

Wrong. If Harry dies, then Archie becomes the Duke of Sussex and Meghan will become Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, but if they divorce, her titles vanish.

If William were to die, George takes all his titles and Kate becomes Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, which is the dowager title.

If Kate and William were to divorce before he becomes King or Prince of Wales, Kate's title becomes the dowager version of the title, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, to make way for any 2nd wife of William's to hold the title proper.

However if Kate were a citizen of a foreign country and not a British citizen, then her titles too, would vanish, just like Meghan's will, unless she stays married to Harry until his death.

by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2021 11:58 PM

Since the quote function is crap, let me try my response to r96 again:

Wrong. If Harry dies, then Archie becomes the Duke of Sussex and Meghan will become Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, but if they divorce, her titles vanish.

If William were to die, George takes all his titles and Kate becomes Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, which is the dowager title.

If Kate and William were to divorce before he becomes King or Prince of Wales, Kate's title becomes the dowager version of the title, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, to make way for any 2nd wife of William's to hold the title proper.

However if Kate were a citizen of a foreign country and not a British citizen, then her titles too, would vanish, just like Meghan's will, unless she stays married to Harry until his death.

by Anonymousreply 107June 30, 2021 12:00 AM

I hope they have a plan to manage Harry acting out at the statue unveiling. We can all see disaster coming.

It is nice that William and Catherine are going to visit it with the kids privately first. I imagine being around malicious burn the family to the ground Harry will be stressful for him and detract from being able to remember his mother properly.

by Anonymousreply 108June 30, 2021 12:17 AM

R79 There are plenty of non-British women married to British peers. Always have been. Meghan’s nationality has nothing to do with her style and title. If she were to divorce or be widowed, she would be “Meghan, Duchess of Sussex”. If widowed, and if it hadn’t already been removed, she’d possibly retain the HRH.

The English aristocracy have always divorced, quite often multiple times. So there can often be multiple instances of “FirstName, Duchess of GrandTitle”, while there will only ever be one “The Duchess of GrandTitle” at a time - that’s the current Duke’s current wife. All the exes and the Duke’s widowed mother and any widowed stepmothers are named accordingly.

If Prince Andrew managed to convince some silly bint to marry him (over Fergie’s dead body!), the new wife would be styled and entitled as “HRH The Duchess of York” with Fergie still just “Sarah, Duchess of York”.

American, English, Martian - the rules are the same for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 109June 30, 2021 12:26 AM

Not for Royal Dukedoms, r109. And not for the titles of Prince. You have to be a British citizen for those to apply in cases of divorce.

Meghan's best bet is if Harry pops his clogs. Then she can be mother to a genuine Duke, AND merch herself as the Weeping Widow, all while not having to deal with the Ginger Whinger.

by Anonymousreply 110June 30, 2021 12:36 AM

Anyone catch the Danja Zone vid this afternoon re: Archie? It is gone already.

by Anonymousreply 111June 30, 2021 12:41 AM

This does not bode well at all.

What happened to the Stir the Pot - Part 3 thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 30, 2021 12:47 AM

He's still in quarantine until until tomorrow or Thursday. How can he participate in rehearsals? This is more junk from the Radar Online, infamous for making stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 113June 30, 2021 1:33 AM

Radar online actually has a reputation for relative accuracy, r113. At least for hollywood stories. They even beat TMZ to the punch with the Matthew Perry intestinal rupture near-death hospitalization story and got the details exactly correct. This then sparked a huge hunt within the hospital because no one could figure out how the correct details got out.

by Anonymousreply 114June 30, 2021 1:43 AM

Harry is likely going to act out and ruin the ceremony and film it all for Netflix. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2021 1:45 AM

The tabloids at the grocery store are just making shit up. On the cover of People, it was saying that the Cambridges are planning a secret trip to the US and will be staying the the Markles in Montecito. As if, in their wildest dreams.

I wonder why the American online rags are running with Harry not cooperating. People and OK are usually Sussex outlets. I love the prediction that Harry will tape some barn burner of a speech for a destroy the BRF documentary for Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 116June 30, 2021 6:52 AM

People mag publishes what Sunshine Sachs instructs them to, and Markle tells Sunshine Sachs what to instruct.

If People is publishing that, r116, its because Meghan is shopping that obviously tall tale around. For whatever reason, she wants people to think that Harry has made up with the Cambridges and all the abuse the Harkles have thrown their way is nothing more than water under the bridge.

She must be worried about something.

by Anonymousreply 117June 30, 2021 7:15 AM

MM should be worried. Once you have been caught out lying, people no longer trust you or take you seriously. I would say their titles are at risk of being yanked soon, and without them, what have they got? They had a small window to make their mark, and it's closed now.

by Anonymousreply 118June 30, 2021 7:44 AM

Not saying the story is true, but he wouldn't have to be there in person for rehearsals and planning - he could be present via Zoom or whatever, so I'm not sure the 'he's quarantining' fact disproves anything.

by Anonymousreply 119June 30, 2021 8:11 AM

R119, I’m not saying it’s true, either, but it’s also said that he refuses to disclose his speech or what he’s wearing - and he could do those things while quarantining as well

In all fairness, they have no business knowing or dictating what he plans to wear. (Unless he’s going to try to wear his military drag, haha. Even if he did, who cares? He’d look like an asshole and that’s on him.)

His speech is another matter. If the brothers are acting in concert, why wouldn’t they consult each other and make sure they’re making complementary speeches and not repeating what the other has said?

I guess being all secretive and controlling is their MO. Best to let this be the last thing they do together.

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2021 10:08 AM

[QUOTE] People mag publishes what Sunshine Sachs instructs them to, and Markle tells Sunshine Sachs what to instruct

Yet more proof that the SS Troll doesn't have a clue how the media works.

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2021 11:42 AM

The Queen will receive German Chancellor Angela Merkel at Windsor on Friday. Merkel will be leaving her position with a BANG!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2021 12:40 PM

There are just too many of these threads, that's why some are getting deleted. It doesn't bode ill or well or anything else, it's a testament to Muriel's impatience with people starting one of these with every bloody headline, instead of using Recollection May Vary or Harry's Finally Gone Native.

The ANL lawsuit merits its own thread because it's a discussion of a very specific issue and discusses legal opinion and terminology.

The Unveiling should have its own thread for obvious reasons.

The Lilibet Fiasco - OK, that merited a thread.

The Financial Cut-Off lie, OK, that merited a thread.

But every rumour the DM puts up about meetings, whether TQ went to see Harry, what Morton said, what Lacey said, what Scobie said, what Levin said, what Palmer said . . . it's maddening.

All of that shit could go under Recollections or Harry's Finally Gone Native.

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2021 12:44 PM

Princess Anne accompanied the Queen today in Glasgow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2021 12:53 PM

R123 - I believe some troll is posting multiple threads for every story on purpose to get Muriel to shut other royal threads down.

by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2021 12:54 PM

Why the false equivalency re: William, R120?

by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2021 1:04 PM

Why would you hope that Harry ruins the ceremony re: his mother and continues his attempts to take down the BRF, R116?

by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2021 1:05 PM

The KGT often starts new threads, esp if threads are paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 128June 30, 2021 1:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 30, 2021 1:20 PM

R126, what false equivalency?

I think I’m being even-handed. What Harry wears is not important. What he says, is. William should be just as forthcoming with details and agenda and speech content.

by Anonymousreply 130June 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Presumably that's what all the meetings were intended to do, R130, coordinate and compare. No-one's said William wasn't going to be forthcoming, have they?

by Anonymousreply 131June 30, 2021 1:58 PM

Of course not, R131. It is always revealing when false equivalency is adopted re: bullies and spaths, they need both flying monkeys and enablers. Of course R130 cannot point to any examples of William attempting to harm or bring down the BRF. Silly him, he probably hoped for a smooth and contemplative service to honor his dead mother. Of course, Haz wants to cosplay as her and monetize her memory. Quite revealing to assume both are playing an equally malicious role.

by Anonymousreply 132June 30, 2021 2:10 PM

Harry's desperate for publicity. He'll have a speech written by his attention whore wife and he'll be accompanied by somebody filming it for Netflix - what else has he got to offer Netflix? This'll be his last visit with anything resembling the Royal family and how interested will Netflix be in filming them hanging around in LA with C listers like Katharine McPhee and doing occasional celebrity-style Good Deed photo ops?

They're idiots: they gave the good stuff (or their most creative lies) to Oprah. Netflix has to be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 133June 30, 2021 2:33 PM

R125 - Well, that's certainly a possibility. But it's on DLers that they refuse to ignore the superfluous ones on the same topic (e.g., the Lilibet fiasco).

by Anonymousreply 134June 30, 2021 3:02 PM

It is the KGT starting many of them if you check post history. He has several tactics for getting threads deleted. It is just another way to discourage posting.

by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2021 3:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2021 3:41 PM

"The WellChild event, which celebrates inspirational young people living with serious illnesses, was originally scheduled for September, but the organisers changed to date to allow Harry - the charity's patron since 2007 - to attend.

A source told The Sun: 'WellChild is a charity that is very close to Harry's heart and the organisers have moved heaven and earth to make this happen.

'His attendance was kept a complete secret and it was an amazing moment when he surprised those in attendance."

by Anonymousreply 137June 30, 2021 3:43 PM

Remember all the publicity Chrissy Teighen got for her miscarriage? And then Markle announced SHE had a miscarriage too! And just after Markle had a miscarriage she gets pregnant again at age 40? I think not. Surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 138June 30, 2021 3:52 PM

R137 - that charity's title...Harry is NOT a Well Child.

by Anonymousreply 139June 30, 2021 4:05 PM

River

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 30, 2021 4:18 PM

Harry really is getting uglier with every year. He looks . . . scraggly. The hair, the beard, the teeth.

His brother looks bigger and more assured with each year, whilst Harry looks increasingly wasted, badly groomed, sullen, beady-eyed, and ferrety.

by Anonymousreply 141June 30, 2021 4:56 PM

Harry does drugs. William does duty.

by Anonymousreply 142June 30, 2021 4:58 PM

Wasn't Harry put on some crazy fad diet by his wife?

WIlliam, on the other hand, seems to have hit the gym a bit during lockdown. Not the dumbest decision, tbf.

by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2021 5:06 PM

I'm sorry, I'm old and I forget. At what point now is the unveiling scheduled? Thursday? Sunday?

by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2021 5:36 PM

Tomorrow July 1st would have been Diana's 60th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2021 5:42 PM

So many delightful things happening tomorrow. Our pool is opening and there will be some undoubtedly dramatic dramatics from the Diana statue unveiling.

by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2021 5:56 PM

R138, or she never had a miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 147June 30, 2021 5:58 PM

'It is always revealing when false equivalency is adopted re: bullies and spaths, they need both flying monkeys and enablers. '

Don't forget the grey rocks, you utter lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 148June 30, 2021 10:53 PM

'Anyone catch the Danja Zone vid this afternoon re: Archie?'

The woman who thinks that William and Harry shape shift into lizards? That's who you Klan Grannies are checking out?

by Anonymousreply 149June 30, 2021 10:54 PM

'I'm sorry, I'm old and I forget. '

More proof that the Klan Grannies are in their 90s and suffering from dementia.

by Anonymousreply 150June 30, 2021 10:56 PM

She might've been pregnant for approximately two weeks, then losing the embryo. Sad but nothing unusual and nothing special, too - it happens all the time at this very early stage.

by Anonymousreply 151June 30, 2021 11:06 PM

Or maybe she invented the whole miscarriage before plagiarising someone else’s work for her op ed piece in the NYT.

Miscarriages were huge for a while there! Meghan’s never happier than when jumping on the bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 152June 30, 2021 11:28 PM

I don't believe a word Markle says - she's as big a liar as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 153June 30, 2021 11:29 PM

Some think that the soon to be unveiled statue will be Diana sitting on a bench. Please God, no bench.

by Anonymousreply 154July 1, 2021 7:22 AM

^If this is the case, it's just another telling sign of La Markle being obsessive - totally obsessed with Diana, that is.

by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2021 7:24 AM

Sometimes statues honouring someone don't work out as intended...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2021 7:37 AM

R154 Oh, I think a bench would be wonderful.

The entire world would realise instantly that Harry told Meghan about the design, Meghan jumped on the idea for her book, confirming beyond argument that nothing is sacred to her and that she will do anything, ANYTHING, for money and public attention.

Including merchandising her late mother-in-law's memorial - and in a book so bad that it was universally jeered at and sank likeca stone within 48 hours of telease.

The screams of crass, tasteless, cynical opportunism will be heard in outer space.

It would finally nail Meghan's true colors to the mast and leave no lingering doubts about who and what she really is.

Bring on the bench!

by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2021 9:52 AM

Agree completely, R157. I shall actually be quite disappointed if there’s no bench involved!

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2021 10:13 AM

If there is a bench involved it will be a worldwide moment of "head, meet desk"

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2021 10:19 AM

And IF it's a bench, as the howls of desecration and commercialism rise, Meghan's PR will issue a statement saying any connection between the Two Benches is purely synchronicity but proof of a spiritual link between Meghan and Diana.

by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2021 11:17 AM

I wonder if Harry is happy to be back in the UK where he's actually treated like Somebody Important. America doesn't care about him. The White House isn't inviting him to ceremonies. His neighbors in Montecito are far richer and far better connected than him. His house is isolated and suburban, not a historical landmark like KP in London, towering from behind its fences over commoners and tourists. No one bows to him in America, they laughed when he put His Royal Highness on an official document, and they have freedom of speech.

I would regret my choices if I were him.

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2021 11:38 AM

Another statue on a bench came to mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2021 12:16 PM

For the poster who wondered WHAT Haz was wearing at the Well Child awards, here is a better photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2021 1:21 PM

[QUOTE] His house is isolated and suburban, not a historical landmark like KP in London, towering from behind its fences over commoners and tour

Harry lived in a two bedroom house on the Kensington Estate, hardly spacious or glamorous. Red brick Kensington Palace looks like a Victorian mental hospital and is in a highly polluted area of central London.

You really think he misses little Nottingham Cottage when he has a ten bed mansion with swimming pool, close to the beach and backed by green hills? It's a sublime location.

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2021 3:20 PM

Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2021 3:23 PM

r165 Sacked by Netflix?!!😲

by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2021 3:35 PM

We don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2021 3:41 PM

Haven't seen a single reliable news item mentioning that the Netflix deal is bust. Nor, for that matter, the Spotify deal. It's true that Spotify hasn't commented, nor have the Sussex reps, on the rumours re the split with Spotify, which is somewhat suspicious. But there were no real rumours about Netflix, only assumptions based on the Spotify rumours.

Anyone with better info?

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2021 4:06 PM

To be honest, I’ve lost all faith in Lady C. She’s pushing the surrogacy crap (although not expressly saying it) which suggests she’s playing to her audience now.

I will be over the fucking moon if Netflix have dumped them, but I won’t take Lady C’s word for it until/unless it’s confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2021 4:14 PM

SHE did not say that Netflix dumped them, it was a question. I have learned that the vid titles are not HER assertions, more like click bait. Gotta listen to hear what she says.

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2021 4:27 PM

The Queen attended the Windsor Horse Show with Countess Mountbatten of Burma. Would she be seen with her if she was Prince Philip's mistress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2021 4:41 PM

Philip didn't like his sons, he preferred Anne and Penny Knatchbull was his less bossy unofficial daughter.

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2021 5:51 PM

Demented Harkle sockpuppet

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2021 6:47 PM

Who else is kinda bored with all the Narkle chaos?

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2021 8:46 PM

Why was Harry grinning like an idiot the whole time and speaking so animatedly at what was, essentially, a memorial ceremony? William seemed calm and focused, but Harry seemed oddly hyped. Was he drunk?

by Anonymousreply 175July 1, 2021 9:13 PM

I believe MM told him to always smile. It’s an American thing. In other parts of the world, people who always smile are assumed to be simple minded idiots.

by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote] Why was Harry grinning like an idiot

You've answered your own question ... the keyword is idiot.

by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2021 9:28 PM

Haz is looking rather paunchy, especially standing next to William. Is it stress overeating, or just a year of exposure to the American diet?

by Anonymousreply 178July 1, 2021 10:41 PM

I tend to think that Harry smiles/ grins in certain public situations where demands are made of him to exude gravitas because he is an insecure person who is not comfortable in his own skin, same as his wife in a way. This is why he tries to speak in platitudes and words that are superficially meaningful. He plays or fakes being himself. He is a deeply insecure person who wants to be the top dog in garnering attention and praise, yet he’s a total empty suit. This realization hits him hard during such outings as Phillip’s funeral and the statue unveiling.

by Anonymousreply 179July 1, 2021 10:52 PM

R178 drugs?

by Anonymousreply 180July 1, 2021 10:54 PM

Low IQ and rage issues, R180.

by Anonymousreply 181July 1, 2021 10:59 PM

R176 It IS an American thing and there is actually a historical reason for it. America was born from the arrival of people from all over the world who didn’t speak the same language. Smiling became part of American culture because in the past, smiling was the only way to communicate “I come in peace, I won’t hurt you.”

by Anonymousreply 182July 1, 2021 11:09 PM

MM's perma-smile always reminded me of certain professions where the participants are required to smile at all times - Las Vegas showgirls, the corps de ballet, beauty pageant entrants.

by Anonymousreply 183July 1, 2021 11:09 PM

Well R182 every member of the Royal family and the Spencer family know Harry doesn't come in peace.

by Anonymousreply 184July 1, 2021 11:10 PM

R183 Suitcase Girls on Let's Make a Deal

by Anonymousreply 185July 1, 2021 11:11 PM

He'd have to be insecure. They read all their press and everything written about them. He knows how people feel about him. He's just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

by Anonymousreply 186July 1, 2021 11:11 PM

The Queen attends the Windsor Horse Show before meeting Angela Merkel later on today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 2, 2021 12:43 PM

Was this behavior common previously and it was just covered up? The knocking the little boys heads together and not even seeming to register their pain or upset comes to mind. Harry is not right in the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 2, 2021 12:49 PM

I’ve never heard that before r182. Figures, we also invented the term RBF.

by Anonymousreply 189July 2, 2021 12:49 PM

She's around horses so Granny Queen is happy! All is well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 2, 2021 1:45 PM

Kate went to Wimbledon. Dammit, Kate, cut your hair! I can't stand it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 2, 2021 2:19 PM

"My hair is fine and I send you peace"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 2, 2021 2:38 PM

She’s got amazing hair but it’s a little too long and wild right now. I’ve said before, I think she and Meghan have a staring contest going on with regard to hair length. Two 40-year-olds.

by Anonymousreply 193July 2, 2021 3:06 PM

I think Kate’s hair length is down to Covid. She won’t cut it until the UK is completely back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 194July 2, 2021 3:45 PM

R194 If that were true, the queen wouldn’t be getting her puffy hairdo

by Anonymousreply 195July 2, 2021 3:48 PM

The Queen receives German Chancellor Angela Merkel. I thought the Queen would present her with some award for her public service or an honorary Dame hood but I guess I was wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 2, 2021 3:53 PM

Speaking of hairdos - Merkel’s mancut, yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 197July 2, 2021 3:56 PM

Queenie enjoys ordering the German broad about!!! LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 2, 2021 4:43 PM

Angela's downright cute in that clip. It's always amusing to see how powerful politicians just turn into little fangirls when meeting the Queen.

Reminds me of what leftwinger Cherie Blair said to her wimpy middle-of-the-road New Labour husband; 'Labour starts out railing against the Queen and always ends up falling in love with her". Like Harold Wilson did.

by Anonymousreply 199July 2, 2021 4:49 PM

I love how Angela and the uniformed courtier almost knock each other over as they enter the room together.

by Anonymousreply 200July 2, 2021 4:52 PM

R195, HMQ has a personal hairdresser. Catherine does not. Although she undoubtedly could arrange a cut, the look would not be good, given the hoi polloi cannot generally do so.

by Anonymousreply 201July 2, 2021 6:11 PM

r201 the Queen wears wigs. The guy who broke into her bedroom revealed the truth.

by Anonymousreply 202July 2, 2021 6:17 PM

Someone on another royal thread is admiring Kate’s “soft highlights”. - ?

by Anonymousreply 203July 2, 2021 6:26 PM

r202. I like the Queen and I admire her for recycling the wigs of George III

by Anonymousreply 204July 2, 2021 6:43 PM

HMQ’s hairdresser is Ian Carmichael, r202. Angela Kelley also helps with her hair. You can tell in many photos that her natural hair is in display by the hairline.

by Anonymousreply 205July 2, 2021 7:04 PM

'I would say their titles are at risk of being yanked soon, '

You've been saying that for the past two years. Never happens, not while Pedrew lives and breathes.

by Anonymousreply 206July 3, 2021 12:33 AM

r205 Just googled hairdresser Ian Carmichael and looked at his images.I get a strong gay vibe.Do we know if he is gay?

by Anonymousreply 207July 3, 2021 12:53 AM

What do you think, r207?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 3, 2021 1:30 AM

r208 I think yes but i wondered if it was confirmed or even if he was openly gay and out?

by Anonymousreply 209July 3, 2021 1:48 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 3, 2021 1:52 AM

^^^ Ugh my post was erased so Muriel could admonish the Independent.

Loads of Palace staff are gay, and even back in the day, the Queen mother surrounded herself with gay men, including among her footmen, several of whom were famously flaming.

by Anonymousreply 211July 3, 2021 1:55 AM

Actual young people do not seem to be fans of the Narkles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 3, 2021 2:04 AM

The Queen Mum's favorite was Backstairs Billy. He was so bereft after she died, he let himself die. There was a biography of him and a documentary.

by Anonymousreply 213July 3, 2021 2:11 AM

'Will you old queens please get this old queen a drink?'

by Anonymousreply 214July 3, 2021 3:07 AM

And seriously R212, why should they look up to these two lazy grifters? Young people are not that gullible we often think them to be.

by Anonymousreply 215July 3, 2021 11:46 AM

*why should AND would they look up [...]

by Anonymousreply 216July 3, 2021 11:46 AM

[quote]The Queen attended the Windsor Horse Show with Countess Mountbatten of Burma. Would she be seen with her if she was Prince Philip's mistress?

Why not? Queen Alexandra received several of Edward VII's mistresses at court and was particularly fond of Lillie Langtry, whom she often had over for afternoon tea with her other close friends.

Elizabeth, despite her sometimes dowdy appearance, is actually quite cosmopolitan, don't you know?

by Anonymousreply 217July 3, 2021 12:17 PM

R217 - It is true that the Queen is not nearly as hidebound as she is made out to be. That said, the era of Edwardian morality was one that ended with the Queen's grandparents and parents (George V and Queen Mary, and George VI and Queen Elizabeth). The marriage of Edward VII to Pss. Alexandra of Denmark was completely arranged. The match between Elizabeth and Philip was not - she fell in love with him at thirteen and never looked at another man. Their marriage was not like that of Edward and Alexandra.

The Queen is also deeply religious. She have been forced to swallow the knowledge that Philip once or twice went grazing in other pastures, but having his mistresses to tea and as a friend and confidante is extremely unlikely.

The thing is, the media know that they can put this stuff out there and only rarely will the Palace bother to correct it. It's the way to start an argument that keeps the story in the public mind and seeds doubt, somewhat like trying to prove a negative.

That's the mistake the Harkles made with their accusations, and the correct strategy the Queen initially took: grey rocking them with just an ominous hint of denial. Then, when they went too far, the Queen took the gloves off and Harry, especially, ended up with egg all over his beard.

Recollections may vary is the statement that's become iconic in all this, as opposed to anything the Sussexes said in their now infamous, lie-filled interviews and leaks by people with none of the cachet of the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 218July 3, 2021 4:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 3, 2021 9:51 PM

That MUST be it, R219. Harry is kookoo for cocoa puffs, Stevie Wonder can see his odd reactions, rages and spacey and sullen behavior. Must be planted stories not his own behavior over years, even described by his mother when he was a young child. Harry has the Spencer rage issues, his mother's instability and his father's self pity.

by Anonymousreply 220July 4, 2021 1:29 AM

R219 why the fuck would William have to plant stories about Harry being a mental case? Harry hasn't shut the fuck up for 2 minutes about all his and the wife's psychiatric problems. I'm beginning to think Obie must have psychiatric problems himself.

by Anonymousreply 221July 4, 2021 2:02 AM

Wait, didn't Harry tell his new mate Dax that he had mental problems? Didn't he show Oprah on the podcast all his tapping, stroking crap, so he could cope with How HARD his life is, how STRESSED he is?. (When he tried to show his dick strokes to her she said..Oooh No Gayle will get mad, if I see that!)

I thought the His & Her MI badge is part of their brand. Didn't he say..Look at me, I"m nuts & I don't ask anyone on the 'outside' for help, so don't you do it either, kids.

by Anonymousreply 222July 4, 2021 2:34 AM

Does Lady Louise look like she's wearing Philip's jacket?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 4, 2021 1:48 PM

I remain convinced Louise will blossom into an offbeat beauty, like a young Marianne Faithfull.

by Anonymousreply 224July 4, 2021 1:55 PM

Louise and Sophie today at the Windsor Horse Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225July 4, 2021 2:01 PM

R224 - someone on Instagram is convinced that Louise resembles actress Rosamund Pike. I notice Louise is now wearing some makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 4, 2021 2:02 PM

R226 Rosamund looks downright elderly there

by Anonymousreply 227July 4, 2021 2:38 PM

Louise looks quite striking in her horse and carriage outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228July 4, 2021 2:48 PM

The responses to Scabies' pathetic attempt to smear William, yet again, state the obvious: since everyone else in the world knew Harry had mental health issues, because he'd been telling the world about them even before he met Meghan, the "planted story" about Harry's mental health wasn't exactly a shocker.

What ails these people?

Especially after the unveiling, where after seeing the video, a good many viewers were convinced Harry was either drunk or, more likely, coked up - the wild gesticulating, the grinning and laughing, the attempts to get close to William - cut off by Lady Sarah McQ's swift interference after the cover came down.

Harry seemed in the grip of, at a minimum, a manic break. I would guess everyone noted it quickly (Diana's sisters have five children between them).

It is astonishing to me, although I don't know why at this point, that the Sussexes and Scobie wouldn't realise by now that such an accusation was not only tired, but rather comical, calling up responses like, "Emotionally fragile? Tell us something we didn't know, mate!"

They're just desperate at this point, grasping at anything to scuttle a ship that sailed well out of their reach quite some time ago - like, after the interview and their behaviour at and around Philip's funeral.

I do hope TQ recognises at this point that Harry is hopeless in the grip of a hatred of his brother that is eating him up, and that the Sussexes simply cannot be allowed back in any form whatsoever.

The statement by Scobie comes, of course, directly from the Sussexes, and the Palace would know that.

Harry just cannot stop. Meghan can't stop him, either, even if she wanted to, which she may well wish she could at some point. But as she helped release, she's stuck with it, as well.

It is really awful imagining what their household is like. It is really too bad for two sweet, innocent young children.

by Anonymousreply 229July 4, 2021 2:51 PM

R224 - I agree. As sometimes happens unexpectedly, Lady Louise moved through a rather lengthy Ugly Duckling phase and suddenly it ends and she looks truly lovely. They're fools if they don't bring her along with her mother and father whilst the Cambridge kids are still too young to take on official work.

by Anonymousreply 230July 4, 2021 2:53 PM

Lady Louise still has the wonky eyes, though.

by Anonymousreply 231July 4, 2021 3:03 PM

R229, you're describing unmedicated bipolar very well. I haven't seen the video from the unveiling so I can't say but his self-medicating, self-destructive behavior, intermittent bouts of rage mixed with depression, dwelling on slights and losses, fit as well, along with mania.

Perhaps he was medicated before but, now in California, is rejecting pharmaceutical intervention in favor of face tapping and woo-woo?

by Anonymousreply 232July 4, 2021 3:15 PM

Harry needs to be put under conservatorship like Britney.

by Anonymousreply 233July 4, 2021 3:28 PM

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but another telling bit of body language from Harry at the unveiling was his compulsive twisting of his wedding ring, which he did a number of times.

Do our DL psychotherapists have any thoughts on what that might mean?

by Anonymousreply 234July 4, 2021 6:49 PM

Harry was politely 'dealt with' at the unveiling, however if you watch closely, no one really sought him out for conversation; he was mostly trying to insert himself in to William's conversations with others, where he was politely acknowledged, but not really engaged by the group. He seemed adrift after he went through the routine receiving line. It was a good comeuppance, in as much as, 'sorry hon, but you're no longer a player'.

by Anonymousreply 235July 4, 2021 6:56 PM

One of those body language experts (on a Youtube video that was linked) counted Harry's touching his wedding ring during the Diana Statue event.

Watching the video, each body language "tell" was analyzed.

And there were 10 times touching the wedding ring.

by Anonymousreply 236July 4, 2021 7:05 PM

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Lilibet. I wonder when we’ll get a picture.

by Anonymousreply 237July 4, 2021 7:12 PM

R233, he is under Meghan’s conservatorship.

by Anonymousreply 238July 4, 2021 7:29 PM

Lady Louise seems very sweet and good natured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 4, 2021 8:32 PM

Mega probably has him wearing a cock cage and the ring twisting is a way to distract from the discomfort.

by Anonymousreply 240July 4, 2021 8:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 4, 2021 10:46 PM

The fact that it probably wasn’t true, R241, emanating from Scobie, as it did.

by Anonymousreply 242July 4, 2021 11:02 PM

Meghan and Harry's future 'completely unpredictable' as Archewell struggles to take off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 4, 2021 11:13 PM

I'm watching ITV's "Harry and William: What went wrong" - lots of acknowledgment that Meghan was welcomed very warmly and then going in reasonable detail on how the stories began to seep through the palace that employees were being bullied.

Interesting to see ITV acknowledge this because ITV have been Harkle champions up until now.

by Anonymousreply 244July 4, 2021 11:26 PM

They had to remove Scobie's bullshit about William's staff claiming Harry was a mental case, didn't they? Not that Harry isn't a mental case.

by Anonymousreply 245July 4, 2021 11:44 PM

Visited another place online last night and really agreed and loved the brilliant accuracy of Aunt Jane saying that these two harkles are just a pair of basics who've been enabled by a royal system . Absolutely basic and yet whilst so obvioys an observation it needs to be said. It's perspective changing to see them as and describe them as basics who've been enabled way beyond any ability, character or morality they have.

by Anonymousreply 246July 5, 2021 12:17 AM

r242 I think if Scobie keeps it up he needs to be kicked out of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 247July 5, 2021 12:19 AM

R246, Aunt Jane has some good insight.

by Anonymousreply 248July 5, 2021 12:47 AM

Who is Aunt Jane?

by Anonymousreply 249July 5, 2021 8:11 AM

I think part of Harry's weird behaviour at events is that he's never before faced any consequences for acting up. At most a bit of finger-wagging, then carry on as before. He's never had t make amends, restore a relationship, work through an issue - he just resumes his previous behaviour. This isn't happening now on the social level, so he is very nonplussed, hence all the smiles and socially odd antics.

by Anonymousreply 250July 5, 2021 8:37 AM

R249 Jane Fellowes - Diana’s sister.

by Anonymousreply 251July 5, 2021 11:18 AM

It was a bit sad to see Harry reverting to his mischievous lad persona at the unveiling. He's too old for it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 5, 2021 12:09 PM

A solo Prince William at the NHS service at St Paul's Cathedral. Kate was suppose to accompany him but she's in isolation after being in contact with a Covid positive person last week. She's fully vaccinated and is not experiencing any symptoms. Let's hope it's a false alarm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 5, 2021 12:24 PM

R252, it's not his age that is the issue but his and wifey's cuntish demeanour in the past years. He could have been a cheeky, merry elderroyal in his sixties or seventies without any major problems - but he has entirely squandered his credibility and trustworthyness by now so the role of popular court jester isn't eaten up from the public any longer.

by Anonymousreply 254July 5, 2021 12:40 PM

*trustworthiness

by Anonymousreply 255July 5, 2021 12:42 PM

Harry was treated politely and deferentially, if not affectionately, by his Spencer relatives and other invitees at the unveiling. But there was no doubt that the person in charge was William. He maintained the appropriate gravitas for the event, and everyone turned to William for comment and direction. Harry was left flailing and grimacing as he followed his older brother. If Harry's self-inflicted irrelevance to the RF was not apparent to him before, it is now. This will give him a lot to ponder under the sun-kisses skies of Montecito. His 'brand' is becoming less valuable with each passing week, and his wife will be frantic trying to maintain their visibility.

by Anonymousreply 256July 5, 2021 1:32 PM

R254 I guess you're right. He could have played the comical old rogue ad infinitum, if not for all the bad blood. Meghan could have been wonderful in her royal role, too.

by Anonymousreply 257July 5, 2021 1:36 PM

The Oprah interview had been threatened for a long time as a blackmail attempt to coerce the BRF into giving them what they felt they were entitled to. But the BRF didn't cave, the Sussexes gave their interview and it backfired spectacularly on them. Now they are going for scorched earth out of sheer spitefulness and vengefulness. But I get the feeling that no matter what nasty horrors they reveal, it will have no effect, or even if it does, the blowback for them will be even worse.

by Anonymousreply 258July 5, 2021 2:14 PM

Agree with several posters upthread that Megxit and everything on the part of the Sussexes that preceded represents one of the great Missed Opportunities of all time. They altogether overplayed their hand, underestimated their own appeal and opposition, left themselves having to hustle for money for the rest of their lives, left themselves open to inevitable discovery as not terribly nice people, and cut their two kids off from the embrace of an extended family with lots of money and status.

For what? To live in drought-ridden California, which is being destroyed by climate change? People who can are leaving CA as fast as possible. To kiss the feet of Netflix and Spotify instead of accepting flowers and applause from schoolchildren, and support the NHS, the British military, and tour new hospitals a few times a week? To get cut out of Charles' will? To constantly file legal suits and complaints? To count your bedrooms and bathrooms so you can persuade yourself you're doing as well as Kate and William?

A life of work cut ready to the hand, guaranteed media exposure, a guaranteed income and a lovely home even it if wasn't as big as Kate's, wear beautiful clothes, wave to crowds . . . neither of them have any claim to intellectual stature - she can hardly construct a coherent English sentence, and Harry is so badly educated he didn't know he was related to the Romanovs. They would have had all the charitable work they could handle.

All they had to do was play ball, not rock the boat, stop trying to stick it to Harry's brother and sister in law in a frenzy of rank envy, greed, and outrageously unrealistic fantasies of how interesting they were to the world outside of the golden circle of royal life.

It's mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 259July 5, 2021 2:43 PM

R245 - Yes, ITV did remove it - after a warning from KP that Scobie was putting out unprovable smears and the the material was legally defamatory, the station edited out the material very shortly before broadcast. This is another warning not only to the SXSs, who undoubtedly ordered it put it out there (rather comically, as Harry himself has been parading his mental health issues for some years), but to anyone who from now on offers them a medium for their smears. This would include Oprah and Gayle King, as well as Scobie, and carries particular weight now because of how many assertions were proved to be lies from the first Oprah interview. Those uncovered lies were followed by the Palace making it clear that Harry lied about asking the Queen's permission to use her nickname as the child's legal name and about the video call. The BBC, TIMES, and ITV refused to take that story down after warnings by Harry that they were defamatory, because the stories were true, and therefore not defamatory, and the legal threat evaporated. Then came the revelation that Harry lied about being financially cut off by the family.

So the people offering the Sussexes platforms for their grudge fest now now that 1) Harry and Meghan lie, and 2) the Palace isn't going to let the lies slip by any longer.

I would wager a great deal that that's the reason Netflix announced it would end its series, "The Crown" this season with the deaths of the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret.

After that, they get into the lives of people very much with us and already spoiling for a fight. Netflix would have been left with a choice between pandering to its own product, the Sussexes, at the expense of the Cambridges, the Queen, and Charles, or being more even-handed and pissing off contractees in its own stable, and still risking legal action from the Palace.

So, even Netflix, nothing if not obsessively attuned to any shifts in the wind, has heard the warning bell.

One wonders if the Sussexes have heard it.

by Anonymousreply 260July 5, 2021 2:55 PM

Great post, R260.

by Anonymousreply 261July 5, 2021 3:33 PM

r251 No not Princess Dianas sister! Aunt Jane is a wise owl from another internet alley that discusess the Harkles. Going by some of her posts she definitely reads on here and may even post.

by Anonymousreply 262July 5, 2021 3:46 PM

Are we not allowed to cite the "unpopular opinions" thread by name?

by Anonymousreply 263July 5, 2021 5:46 PM

r263 I wasn't sure if we were allowed to mention a rival forum in a positive manner at all??

by Anonymousreply 264July 5, 2021 6:26 PM

River

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265July 5, 2021 7:00 PM

r265 I think Scobie will have left the UK a year from now.18 months tops. He's worn out his welcome and is pushing his luck.

by Anonymousreply 266July 5, 2021 8:11 PM

First we have Finding Dollars 2.0 coming later this summer...

by Anonymousreply 267July 5, 2021 8:33 PM

R266 He’s British. Some people seem to think he’s American. “Fraid not.

by Anonymousreply 268July 5, 2021 8:53 PM

The RF has signaled a willingness to take legal action over any unsubstantiated and defamatory allegations. Scobie is the Harkle's mouthpiece. All of their lies are funneled through him. He should make very certain FF 2.0 doesn't contain any Harkle lies. If RF is smart they will get their lawyers to contact whomever is publishing Scobie's crap to let them know that they and Scobie will be sued for defamation is the new chapters contain any defamatory claims. Cut the media oxygen supply off and you effectively cut off the head of the snake. Especially when they know printing outright lies will no longer be tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 269July 5, 2021 9:49 PM

r268 Oops my mistake O could have swore he was american!😲

by Anonymousreply 270July 5, 2021 10:46 PM

Here is ITV's documentary from this weekend "Harry and William: What went wrong?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271July 6, 2021 3:45 AM

When will Muriel ban Surviving Racist from the board??

by Anonymousreply 272July 6, 2021 4:21 AM

Maybe Surving Angel is Muriel's alt account, KGT at R272.

by Anonymousreply 273July 6, 2021 4:28 AM

Surviving Angel is one hell of a lot more beloved around here than you'll ever be, KGT at r272.

by Anonymousreply 274July 6, 2021 4:36 AM

Agreed, R274. He actually posts about a variety of different subjects other than the BRF, and remains polite in the process.

by Anonymousreply 275July 6, 2021 4:55 AM

I don't want to be 'beloved' of a vicious racist and misogynist. Mention Surviving Angel on any thread about how DL has changed and the regulars all comment that they despise him.

by Anonymousreply 276July 6, 2021 5:01 AM

Liar, r276. The only people with anything negative to say about S.A. are you and your sick friends in the "Sussex Squad" - Everyone else likes S.A. just fine.

The same psychotic Sussex Squad which covers the internet with death threats toward anyone who even mildly criticizes your Evil Queen Meghan. Well, psychos of a feather, as they say.

Now run along dear, I'm sure there must be SOMEONE left on twitter you have yet to issue your threats to today.

by Anonymousreply 277July 6, 2021 5:37 AM

r274 r275 r277 Thanks very much .It is appreciated.

Once the platinum jubilee is out of the way next year it will be interesting to see what the situation and state of play/ the dynamics will be both within the family and how they relate to the Harkles. With that major event out of the way by say winter 2022 approaching nearly 3 years since Megxit -I wonder how things would have changed and evolved? Drama at the current level will surely be over.

by Anonymousreply 278July 6, 2021 5:44 AM

No problem, S.A. you don't deserve that weirdo's unfounded criticism. Quite the opposite. I really appreciate your contributions. As r275 rightly noted, you post interestingly on lots of different subjects and you are unfailingly polite.

As for "drama at the current level will surely be over"?

Ohhhhh darling - I somehow doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 279July 6, 2021 5:53 AM

The documentary linked at R271 is interesting--a lot of different perspectives are presented, and much of it rings true. Scobie got his bit about the palace briefing on Harry's mental health snipped out, but I think that's exactly what they did. Their slap back to Harry and Meghan's "poor us" interview in Africa was that they were worried about him. Very clever because it seems sympathetic, but at the same time implies that he's weak/pitiable. In the same vein as "recollections may vary."

The woman who staunchly defends Meghan throughout seems to be confused about who Meghan is. I don't think she ever read the Tig.

by Anonymousreply 280July 6, 2021 8:47 AM

So far, everything that's occurred in the last 18 months, almost two years of you count that whingeing Poor Little Us documentary from Botswana, has confirmed the assessment that Meghan is a nasty but effective short-term tactician, but a terrible long-term strategist.

And, in the end, as usual, she landed a few blows that inflicted surface lacerations on the institution and individuals she was aiming at, but ended up cutting off her nose to spite her face.

The BRF, however, whilst undoubtedly sustaining enormous personal pain (that would be Charles, especially), simply moved on and over it, and is slowly landing the strategic blows that inflictinger term damage, starting with Meghan's and Harry's credibility.

The Palace may have taken it's time rolling out its guns, but once it did, has already undermined much of the damage Meghan and Harry were so sure they'd done in that interview. Then they added a few own goals with the lies the Palace challenged. And Harry's Dax Shepherd interview made him look like a parroting fool, not a noble victim.

It's Ye Olde Tortoise and the Hare act.

That Charles left England than be anywhere near Harry last week is the strongest sign yet that Harry and Meghan now stand to lose more than they gained in their vicious attacks.

Harry may worship Diana, but she's dead. Charles is alive and personally worth somewhere between $200-$400 million. I wouldn't be surprised if hes already called in the lawyers and cut Harry out. And why should Charles leave two kids trust funds one of whom he's never met and whose very name insults Charles' mother and he's never held, and whose mother by all odds wiil paint the Windsors as the villain of the piece?

Meghan and Harry really thought they could bully the Queen and Charles and William, the way the two bullied staff and underlings

They were wrong. With the total alienation of the next two Kings and Queen Consorts of Great Britain, without considering what would happen if all didn't go according to plan in America, the Sussexes will find out in the not too distant future what their blunt bludgeon cost them, and their children, as the BRF brings out its exquisitely refined rapiers.

by Anonymousreply 281July 6, 2021 10:59 AM

R281 I agree except for the bit concerning the inheritance, trust funds, etc - Harry will inherit. In the foreseeable future from HM The Queen and, eventually, from his father.

It might be only the compulsory portion (I think it's called statuory share in the US) but it will be a large sum of dosh nevertheless.

by Anonymousreply 282July 6, 2021 11:22 AM

I know that in continental Europe, you cannot disinherit your children, but is Charles obliged to provide for his non-disabled adult children in his will? And he is certainly not obliged to provide for his grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 283July 6, 2021 12:00 PM

Pretty sure the KGT / SS poster is a guy and it is undoubtedly VERY familiar with The Tig. Values and job objectives may vary, one supposes.

by Anonymousreply 284July 6, 2021 1:06 PM

Excellent post, R281, heartily agree. I do think they may well have backers, the SS bill alone is many millions. I doubt they are footing that. Lots of rumors, perhaps we will learn more over time.

by Anonymousreply 285July 6, 2021 1:09 PM

No, r283. In the UK, there is no obligation on death to provide for adult children.

by Anonymousreply 286July 6, 2021 2:37 PM

Just a guess but I think Charles will leave Harry "something" in his will but he won't get as much as he would have before all of public slandering. The bulk of his estate will be left to the Crown (eg. William). He'll also probably leave some money in a trust for Archie and Lili too because - well - the kids can't help who their parents are, can they? He'll do it in such a way that Meghan won't be able to get her greedy hands on the cash.

by Anonymousreply 287July 6, 2021 2:54 PM

Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 6, 2021 3:20 PM

r288 Looks like another intriguing watch. I will devour it tonight!

by Anonymousreply 289July 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Did anyone actually believe they were not paid for O1. One route was Harry getting a producer cred. Think he did for Vax Live too? Are people that dumb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290July 6, 2021 4:01 PM

r279 I think maybe by then the royal family will take decisive action and any continuing antics by the Harkles will reach the stage of having diminishing impact. The big shift could be the UK public and indeed maybe the american public completely losing interest in them by and large. I don't think the public will stay interested in their psychodrama especially as it largely seems motivated by a desire for more money, jewels, titles and privileges. That is not relatable or sympathetic to most people especially on a long term basis.

by Anonymousreply 291July 6, 2021 5:46 PM

I'd love to see someone call them out in public, ie, 'Compassion? Kindness - what about your old, sick father? What about the staff you bullied and abused? Save the planet - what about your sixteen bathrooms and private jets?'

by Anonymousreply 292July 6, 2021 6:04 PM

Which is why, R292, you never will. They will not allow themselves to be interviewed by anyone who isn't fawning over them and failing to follow up on or question a single statement they make.

They are rightly concerned about their public reception in the UK. If they appear in public they will be deservedly booed by the people they scammed out of millions of pounds on their way out the door.

And they know it. If they come back in September or for the Jubilee, they'll have to find a way to stay indoors as long as they're there.

by Anonymousreply 293July 6, 2021 6:18 PM

Are you all reading about the stans claiming that not is William beating Kate but he beats Charles as well

by Anonymousreply 294July 7, 2021 1:57 AM

What happened to the Stir the Pot thread?

by Anonymousreply 295July 7, 2021 2:08 AM

Do you have a link, R294?

by Anonymousreply 296July 7, 2021 2:08 AM

Classic Scientology tactics, R294. Maybe they HAVE branched out from the Agape cult. Oprah did run a clam ad during the March interview.

by Anonymousreply 297July 7, 2021 2:10 AM

Always about the $, that one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298July 7, 2021 2:39 AM

It’s gonzo r295. Expect this one to go into permanent paywall in a couple more posts.

by Anonymousreply 299July 7, 2021 3:07 AM

Not NOW, R299! I’ve resurrected Harry and Meghan Stir the Pot as Part 4. Persistent little buggers, aren’t we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300July 7, 2021 3:43 AM

I love you, r300.

by Anonymousreply 301July 7, 2021 5:34 AM

[QUOTE] What happened to the Stir the Pot thread?

I got it closed down.

by Anonymousreply 302July 7, 2021 2:34 PM

What got the Stir the Pot thread shut down? All the reminders of Harry choosing to attend a public party in his Nazi uniform? The Duchess of Grievance throwing hot tea in people's faces? Did we not ask her how she felt often enough?

by Anonymousreply 303July 7, 2021 3:14 PM

Meghan stans having FFd the thread massively again. All you can do at this point is to cancel your subscriptions and tell the company why you do so - threads getting deleted on a regular basis. Obviously, the company prefers non-paying users like the Markle stan fancunts - just look when they use to post here. Only when it's non-subscribers time.

by Anonymousreply 304July 7, 2021 6:00 PM

A new Stir The Pot thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305July 7, 2021 6:55 PM

FFing the threads only causes people to hate them (more), Suck Stans.

by Anonymousreply 306July 7, 2021 7:26 PM

From certain angles, William isn't bad to look at.

Here, he's attending the game between England and Denmark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307July 7, 2021 8:14 PM

William was very handsome before he lost his hair. He looks just like Diana. He doesn't have the same beady, close-set little eyes Harry does or Harry's clown nose.

by Anonymousreply 308July 7, 2021 8:18 PM

Restrict F&F to members only, and allow non members to start new threads only once a week. There would be fewer threads and probably almost no deletions.

I think there are too many Harkle threads.

by Anonymousreply 309July 7, 2021 9:27 PM

I remember when non-members could not start threads at all.

Many of the new threads are started by the SS / KGT, particularly when a thread is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 310July 7, 2021 9:40 PM

R307, in that photo he could be an early Hanover monarch. That's not a great look.

by Anonymousreply 311July 7, 2021 10:19 PM

If find William to be very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 312July 7, 2021 11:52 PM

Strange how the Hanover and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha genes keep showing up in subsequent generations. Princess Beatrice looks scarily like Victoria, Princess Royal - Victoria's first child who married the Crown Prince of Prussia and became the first German Empress.

Although William takes after Diana, at some angles one can see an uncanny resemblance to Prince Victor Albert, AKA Prince Eddy, who would have succeeded his father Edward VII, had he not died at age 28. His brother, Prince George, not only succeeded to the throne as George V, he married Eddy's erstwhile fiance, Princess May of Teck, who became his consort Queen Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 8, 2021 12:27 AM

Harry had lifts in his shoes at the Diana statue unveiling so he'd be as tall as his brother. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 314July 8, 2021 12:47 AM

Yes, R313 William looks a good deal like Prince Eddy but Lord Freddie Windsor looks even more like him.

I think the Hanover genes and Saxe-Colburg genes produce different types in the TRF. Philip, a cousin, brought the Saxe-Coburg back in and Anne and Harry seem to have more of that. Everyone else has the bug eyed, ultimately jowly, Hanover look. Prince Edward might combine them.

My great grandmother died a year before I was born and I never saw a photo of her until this year (thanks to the Internet). I look exactly like her, a bit like my grandfather, but more like her than he looks like his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315July 8, 2021 12:54 AM

The pictures suggest that, yes, R314 and there are shoes with lifts that match what he was wearing. He seemed to be showing them off with some of his dramatic poses, maybe they were a freebie like the ebike.

by Anonymousreply 316July 8, 2021 1:25 AM

ANYTHING to drive chatter, R314. SS uses created dramas as a standard tactic, then shrieks "conspiracy!" which also keeps online chatter going. He went from Prince to merching shoes and behaving so poorly at his grandfather's funeral and mother's memorial that there are rumors that paternity leave is a euphemism for rehab.

by Anonymousreply 317July 8, 2021 1:27 AM

Yeah, R317...that makes LOADS of sense. “Hmmm...how about we make Harry look like a cretin and put him in lifts for absolutely no good reason at all. I mean, it’s not as if there are a million photos online showing tjhat he’s an inch shorter than his brother or anything”.

Why can’t you saggy-titted menopausal hags fuck off with your boring and idiotic bullshit? You ruin every damn thread with your pathetic, brainless conspiracy thories....and your dimwitted obsession with entirely unsubstantianed rumours that you read on Tumblr.

Seriously, go the fuck away you annoying, pig ignorant cunts.

by Anonymousreply 318July 8, 2021 4:04 AM

Pot = kettle = black, R318

Keep sucking on the SS tit

by Anonymousreply 319July 8, 2021 11:26 AM

This is a rare sight - the Queen's cousin, Princess Alexandra of Kent, joins Sophie Wessex for a public engagement. There hasn't been a sighting of Alexandra for a while so it's good to see her. However, someone find her a hairdresser, stat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320July 8, 2021 11:55 AM

William met the Danish royals before the England-Denmark game yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321July 8, 2021 12:03 PM

Point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 8, 2021 12:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 8, 2021 1:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324July 8, 2021 2:17 PM

William is 6'3". Harry is 6'1". So it isn't like Harry is really short so the lifts in his shoes are even weirder. Like he was trying to look like the equal of his brother.

by Anonymousreply 325July 8, 2021 4:01 PM

More SS crafted drama I suspect, R325, along with the strange behavior and deliberately drawing attention to his shoes at the memorial event. Like the funeral wreath, it is not as though they NEED a freebie and cannot afford flowers or new shoes. So it is likely more attention seeking and grist for the PR mill. 3 stories a week + need a lot of grist.

by Anonymousreply 326July 8, 2021 4:08 PM

Bea seems to be emulating you know who.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327July 8, 2021 7:40 PM

It is rumored that they may have the same PR, R327. She has been working with PR to raise her profile.

by Anonymousreply 328July 8, 2021 8:23 PM

Lady C pointed out today that Lili does not appear on the list of succession. Curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329July 8, 2021 10:34 PM

Maybe they just haven’t updated the website.

by Anonymousreply 330July 8, 2021 11:18 PM

The heel of my left shoe has developed an annoying squeak. I’m going to have to investigate.

by Anonymousreply 331July 8, 2021 11:51 PM

Do people have to be members of the CoE to be in the line. Baptism into the church is sufficient to establish membership. Perhaps Lili had not been baptized Anglican and there is no intention of doing do. An Episcopal baptism would suffice as they are part of the Anglican Communion.

by Anonymousreply 332July 9, 2021 12:23 AM

I believe that people can be in the line of succession if they aren’t Catholic. Other religions? No problem. For example most of the non-Catholic members of European royal houses are also in the line of succession due to their descent from Queen Victoria (e.g. the Danish and Norwegian royal families). They’re not Anglican.

It used to be that people married to Catholics were also barred however this has since been rescinded.

by Anonymousreply 333July 9, 2021 12:34 AM

R333, so Papst Benedict XVI can't be queen but Sir Elton John can?

by Anonymousreply 334July 9, 2021 12:41 AM

Oops, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 335July 9, 2021 1:11 AM

I assume dual nationality excludes you from the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 336July 9, 2021 2:18 AM

It is not listed in the rules at the link, R336. At the moment it is unclear. For people so obsessed with titles for their kids you would think they would be on top of such things.

by Anonymousreply 337July 9, 2021 2:39 AM

Dual nationality does not exclude. Most of those lower down the list are Germans. The Windsors are literally descendants of people who simultaneously ruled the UK and Hanover as separate countries.

by Anonymousreply 338July 9, 2021 9:55 AM

Re not putting "Princess Lilibet" in the list of the BRF line of succession, I think the BRF is just fucking with the Sussexes' heads.

by Anonymousreply 339July 9, 2021 10:12 AM

R321 Good lord. If that's Prince Chritian that William is talking to, the boy is nearly as tall as William, and towers over his father Crown Prince Frederik, on the right. Was Mary there? Or just Fredrtik and his heir? The kid isn't quite 16 yet. He's going to be Europe's next big royal catch.

by Anonymousreply 340July 9, 2021 10:20 AM

Maybe it's because Lili wasn't born in the UK? Or they haven't yet applied for her British citizenship (which she is entitled to and will get if her parents apply for it)? Something along those lines?

by Anonymousreply 341July 9, 2021 11:51 AM

It is unclear, R341. We shall see if the Narkles clarify. Interesting though, as Lucas and August ARE listed, as is Archie. The rules re: succession are listed at the link, none overtly seem to bar Lili. Unless she is a Roman Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 342July 9, 2021 2:49 PM

Maybe the rehab rumors are true...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 9, 2021 2:56 PM

R338 they are not German citizens. You idiot.

No way you can be in the line of succession to be the Head of State of the United Kingdom if you have dual citizenship. You couldn't be President of the United States (our Head of State) if you have dual nationality.

by Anonymousreply 344July 9, 2021 4:11 PM

It's been a long time since William has played polo. Today, he played for charity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345July 9, 2021 4:42 PM

Hmmmmm...I do like the way Will Baby fills out his polo gear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346July 9, 2021 4:46 PM

The idiot here is you, R344. R338 was talking about those people WAY lower in the line of succession. Like Victoria of Sweden and lower.

As a matter of fact, I personally know people who are in the line of succession. They're Austrian and around the 2000th in line, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 347July 9, 2021 5:49 PM

R344 is truly an idiot

by Anonymousreply 348July 9, 2021 5:59 PM

Lili has declared her submission to the Pope.

Honestly tho I can see the Sussexes trotting around to the local Catholic church to have the baby baptized in order to stir shit regarding the succession.

by Anonymousreply 349July 9, 2021 6:02 PM

That is kind of cool, R347. I did not even know the list went down that far.

by Anonymousreply 350July 9, 2021 8:26 PM

R344 You’re the idiot. There are over 5000 people in the line of succession to the British throne. Have you confirmed that none of them has dual citizenship?

The only rules to being in the line of succession are to be a legitimately born descendant of the Electress Sophia of Hanover and to not be a Catholic. Being married to a Catholic was once grounds for exclusion from the line of succession however this was subsequently removed. An example being Prince Michael of Kent - an Anglican married to a Catholic who was removed from the line upon his marriage then restored when the Queen issued letters patent to allow marriage to Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 351July 9, 2021 9:41 PM

Harry's kids are not 100th in the line of succession. They cannot have dual citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 352July 9, 2021 10:55 PM

If you are correct, R352, they must have realized that giving birth in CA would mean Lili would not be in the LOS like her brother. But, we don't know for sure why she is not listed.

by Anonymousreply 353July 9, 2021 11:22 PM

Kid's over a month old now.

by Anonymousreply 354July 10, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote]It is unclear, [R341]. We shall see if the Narkles clarify. Interesting though, as Lucas and August ARE listed, as is Archie. The rules re: succession are listed at the link, none overtly seem to bar Lili. Unless she is a Roman Catholic.

If Gus Brooksbank and Lucas Tindall are listed in the LOS and little Lilibet is not, I'm guessing its about her name. I wonder if there are negotiations ongoing re use of that name, and getting the Sussexes to re-name her "Lili" officially. Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 355July 10, 2021 4:50 AM

There is no law whatsoever that says you can’t have dual citizenship and be in line to the throne. You’d just have to give up the foreign allegiance if you became HoS.

Some people’s dislike for this couple overrides common sense & basic facts. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 356July 10, 2021 10:05 AM

You can’t have or keep US citizenship w/o renouncing all titles and allegiance to any other country.

by Anonymousreply 357July 10, 2021 10:52 AM

Nothing but trouble.

by Anonymousreply 358July 10, 2021 11:28 AM

Kate wore Meghan’s “envy green” at Wimbledon today.

by Anonymousreply 359July 10, 2021 3:29 PM

The Duke of Kent is stepping down as President of the All-England Tennis Club after the men's final tomorrow - I expect Kate will succeed him.

by Anonymousreply 360July 10, 2021 4:02 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 361July 16, 2021 2:31 AM

I felt quite sad watching one of Lady Colin Campbells new videos this week were she talked about Prince Charles coming close to a breakdown over all of this.She stated Prince Charles loved his daughter in law and geniunely believed that she loved him and is struggling to fully absorb the betrayal but he does recognise it as a betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 362July 16, 2021 2:44 AM

Should be another video from both Lady Colin Campbell and River this weekend.

Will be interesting to hear what they say about the christening saga.

by Anonymousreply 363July 17, 2021 1:46 AM

The latest from Lady Colin Campbell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364July 17, 2021 4:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!