Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan and Harry Stir the Pot - Part 4 (Carry On!)

Since “they” (Muriel, that you?) took the Part 3 (Redux) down. This is the Lazarus thread!

by Anonymousreply 598July 15, 2021 8:21 PM

Good on ‘ya, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2021 3:45 AM

Harry and Meghan are busy planning their ascension to the throne. The Queen is stepping aside

It's going to happen August 13. The same day Trump will be reinstated

It will be a busy day

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2021 3:46 AM

They’re on “parental leave” now.

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2021 3:52 AM

Is Lady CC dead?

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2021 4:17 AM

I see that Welsh lady Yankee Wally that is allegedly a geriatric brothel madam and alleged convicted criminal who allegedly pulled a gun on a student over a carpark admitted in what she thought was a private dm that she had multiple Twitter accounts all targeting Meghan. They now have grounds for a legal case. She is in trouble. And the hypocrisy. Calling Meghan a yacht girl. Lots of Royal report we interaction too

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2021 4:28 AM

Oops. Royal reporter interaction.

by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2021 4:29 AM

A Welsh media website did a special article on her. All info out there. No doxxing. It's doing the rounds on twitter

by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2021 4:31 AM

Link R5?

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2021 4:40 AM

What was up with Harry at the statue unveiling? He was laughing, giddy, fidgeting with his ring, looking at the cameras, while Willie looked sombre and serious with his back mainly turned to the media.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2021 4:47 AM

I half-expected him to make armpit farts, R9, his behaviour was that inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2021 4:53 AM

Oh do fuck off, R5, R6, R7. KGT.

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2021 5:03 AM

He was likely advised by smegs to act like a deranged clown "to prove" to everyone how happy he really is. Have you never witnessed the total fool she makes of herself trying so hard but ultimately coming off as phony?

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2021 5:33 AM

There is no link, r8.

r5 r6 r7 is all the same person, the 'Klan Granny!! Troll'

The KGT comes into every Harkle thread and makes some variety of threat. One variety of her threats is that people who criticise Meghan and Harry are about to be doxxed/arrested/put in jail. Usually she claims that all this is a top priority for the FBI/CIA/NSA/MI5/MI6. And no, I'm not remotely joking.

Just put her on ignore. Hopefully she'll finally go home to Celebitchy one day.

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2021 5:39 AM

M is sensitive about her appearance. Drawing her with a stretched out, saggy cameltoe got under her skin. The artist had to make their account private.

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2021 5:45 AM

So they are starring in a new Carry On film? Perfect casting.

by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2021 8:07 AM

Yes, It seems so, r15

"Carry Up the Merching!"

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2021 9:00 AM

R9 He was either on something or trying to prove that he was still the funny lad who everyone liked. But he came across as a little deranged, giggling and over gesticulating whilst everyone else was being more sombre.

If I was being generous I would say he was anxious and over compensating but it seemed more than that.

by Anonymousreply 17July 7, 2021 9:00 AM

Carry Up the Victimhood

by Anonymousreply 18July 7, 2021 9:01 AM

Carry Up the Lying!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 7, 2021 9:06 AM

Carry Up Fashion

by Anonymousreply 20July 7, 2021 9:10 AM

Carry Up Lying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 7, 2021 9:12 AM

Not Carry Up but Carry On you say?

Whoops!

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2021 9:15 AM

R5 Sure, dear.

Actually, the only legal action including law enforcement afoot now concerns one of your pals threatening to kill Telegraph journo Camilla Tominey AND her three children for writing something mildly critical of Meghan.

Who, of course, never ONCE spoke up to condemn said "fan".

That would be the same Meghan Markle pleading for a kinder digital world.

Just as long as it's not kind to her critics or Kate.

Hmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2021 10:55 AM

They're just trolls. Block and carry on.

The KGT has been doing this for years. Its ironic that the only real legal action that has ever actually been set off is against a Meghanstan threatening to kill children.

You go, OP!

In my opinion, Harry was both high and nervous. He was in hostile territory and he knew it.

What's more, I think the Spencers knew it and were watching carefully to make sure he didn't attack William, which I think Harry's state of mind was encouraging.

Harry is so on the outs in the circles he was born into, that his mother's sister intervened to keep his brother safe.

His father won't speak to him and left England to be as far away as possible whilst Harry was there.

The Harkles should skip the September event. If everyone could see the truth from the unveiling, imagine what it was like behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2021 11:07 AM

Carry on hair weave

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2021 11:12 AM

Harry has never had to face consequences for his actions in the past.. A bit of finger-wagging, then back to as before - no apologising, making amends, give and take. Now, this isn't happening and he's in 'does not compute' mode. He doesn't know how to react, hence the manic smiling and twitchiness, as he gets frozen out for the first time in his life.

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2021 11:14 AM

Former best friend Jessica Mulroney in the news. She was promoting a suit collection (she’s a clothing designer, who knew?) on Instagram and her first suit looked exactly like a Ralph & Russo pantsuit from a couple years ago; she actually used their photo which has since been taken down. Bizarre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2021 11:52 AM

That woman... shouldn't she just stick to something she's good at, like pilates?

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2021 12:22 PM

I started following Jessica on Instagram out of curiosity, but I'll be damned if there isn't something endearing about her. She's such an unabashed showoff.

by Anonymousreply 29July 7, 2021 12:35 PM

This is the type of shit one sees on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 7, 2021 12:48 PM

Why’s it shit, R30? Don’t you believe it’s true?

by Anonymousreply 31July 7, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote]She's such an unabashed showoff.

I get that, but I don't think she's smart enough to be unabashed. I find her so utterly clueless and so relentlessly styled (constructed, maybe) that she's somewhere between piteous and repellent. Still, for her, I imagine she's having a marvellous time. I wonder what she thinks about in the car, because I'm fairly confident introspection isn't a time chew for her.

by Anonymousreply 32July 7, 2021 1:10 PM

Did you all happen to notice that Harry has “suddenly” grown taller?*

At the Diana statue unveiling, he was as tall as Wills.

*{Harry was wearing brown shoes with lifts....and there is photographic evidence with the bottom of his socks visible. Haha! (Attempted to insert the photo, but it was rejected by DL’s wonky format.) Nevertheless, this reveals - in plain sight - what an insecure and deceptive fellow Harry is. But most folks with any intelligence recognize this about Harry by now.}

by Anonymousreply 33July 7, 2021 1:52 PM

I suppose the “photographic evidence” of him wearing lifts is of the standard of those that “prove” Markle wore a moonbump?

A) Photographs can be deceptive and B) men over 6ft don’t wear lifts

🙄

by Anonymousreply 34July 7, 2021 1:59 PM

R34 is probably right but it's telling the credibility of Harry and his first wife is so shattered that the notion of lifts could be entertained.

It seems like something she'd come up with given her expertise in the industry after that stellar career.

by Anonymousreply 35July 7, 2021 2:01 PM

How do you explain Harry appearing to be the same height as his brother at the memorial, which he has always been a bit shorter, R34? I am referring to major media photos and video, not doctored photos on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 36July 7, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote] I suppose the “photographic evidence” of him wearing lifts is of the standard of those that “prove” Markle wore a moonbump?

[quote] A) Photographs can be deceptive and B) men over 6ft don’t wear lifts

A) Sure, sure, R34, speaking of intelligence....and

B) Yes, men over six feet don’t wear lifts unless they are pathological about their competition with their taller and more “highly” regarded (hint: see UK recent populace polls) brother. Hence, this recent stunt (no pun intended) is particularly pathetic on Harry’s part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 7, 2021 2:10 PM

Receipts for Haz’s Lift Shoes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 7, 2021 2:13 PM

There are those clam rumors, maybe he is taking footwear tips from Tom Cruise? It does seem pathetic. We all KNOW he is shorter, you don't suddenly have a height growth spurt on the cusp of 40.

by Anonymousreply 39July 7, 2021 2:13 PM

Wow, R38, great post. So small in all the ways that matter, is our Haz. Character, stature in the world, valuing family, etc.

by Anonymousreply 40July 7, 2021 2:15 PM

Continued receipts for R34’s continuing education:

Bottom of Harry’s sock in elevated shoes:

🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 7, 2021 2:17 PM

More info on the elevator shoes. They add 2.8" or 7 cm.

Astonishingly pathetic choice but SS probably put out the idea to drive chatter. The Narkles are boring and close to over now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 7, 2021 2:18 PM

How their brand of elevator shoes works - the lift is internal. Cruise has worn some with platforms that are more obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 7, 2021 2:19 PM

What a dumbfuck. Who wears brown shoes with a navy suit anyway?

by Anonymousreply 44July 7, 2021 2:26 PM

It’s possible that he just pulled extra hard on his socks and it pulled up that heel reinforcement patch. I mean, it’s just as possible that he wore lift shoes to that event. I’m just skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 45July 7, 2021 2:28 PM

In her last video, Lady C. mentioned a gentleman's rule: No brown shoes in town.

by Anonymousreply 46July 7, 2021 2:28 PM

Well, he's been working hard on that bald spot, so he's catching up to Wills there...

by Anonymousreply 47July 7, 2021 2:29 PM

I keep seeing their stupid faces in a pop up ad (no, I’m not a subscriber; fuck off). It seems to be a loop and there was a story about Rihanna’s birthday, from “Extra!” It must be costing them a small fortune to run this ad all day every day on a loop, at DL.

No wonder the unflattering threads get deleted. It’s probably part of the package.

by Anonymousreply 48July 7, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote] I’m just skeptical.

So when multiple photos of an event show someone suddenly taller, you don’t question this? Being the skeptic you are, R45?

Got it!

by Anonymousreply 49July 7, 2021 2:35 PM

OMFG, this loser is wearing lifts now? Does he really think this proves something? This jackal thinks he's slick but once again it has blown up in his face. I am beginning to think he really is as dim as was portrayed on The Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 50July 7, 2021 2:38 PM

Klan fucker thread. F and F

by Anonymousreply 51July 7, 2021 2:39 PM

[quote] Klan fucker thread. F and F

SS tactics again.

Beware the dirty tricks of the paid publicists.

by Anonymousreply 52July 7, 2021 2:41 PM

R49, yes, I’m skeptical about everything these two do! I will take another look and compare their heights later. It’s just as likely as not.

by Anonymousreply 53July 7, 2021 2:46 PM

William has always been a couple of inches taller than Harry. Weird.

I think the whole issue with the Harkles is Meghan is jealous as hell of Kate and she has convinced Harry to be jealous of William.

by Anonymousreply 54July 7, 2021 3:09 PM

R54 I agree about the Kate jealousy. I really think the whole “Megxit” debacle could be about something as simple and petty as that.

by Anonymousreply 55July 7, 2021 3:14 PM

r8, here's the Express article about the Meghan Markle trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 7, 2021 3:16 PM

When they walk in and greet their aunts, you can see the 1st aunt ask Harry a question he does not want to answer. He does a goofy double 2 cheek kiss instead. You can see the 2nd aunt look disapprovingly at his shoes.

When he was larking about at his DEAD MOTHER's MEMORIAL, shouting and clowning, he was also standing in a way that deliberately showed off his brown shoes, with one foot angled up resting on the heel and he looked down at his shoe a few times. They likely have storyboards about all of this nonsense. I would not be at all surprised if the brand linking was from SS, they reach for any detail, the more contradictory the better, to drive chatter. There isn't anything happy of substance to discuss, just divorce rumors, family estrangements and what appears to be worsening mental illness and drug use.

by Anonymousreply 57July 7, 2021 3:16 PM

Also for r8, the original Refinery 29 article that the Express uses quite a bit of info from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 7, 2021 3:16 PM

Hope this thread survives…

by Anonymousreply 59July 7, 2021 3:18 PM

Harry has always been jealous of William and the fact that William would be king. He has been emotionally unstable like his mother and prone to the Spencer family rages since he was a tiny child. As he grew, he developed a self pitying streak like Charles. Quite the winner that Haz. He is as vindictive and malicious as his wife, any other impression was very deft palace PR.

by Anonymousreply 60July 7, 2021 3:18 PM

Oh do piss off Elevator Shoes troll

Literally none of your “receipts” show what you’re claiming.

Fuck off back to Tattle Life, you stupid old woman.

by Anonymousreply 61July 7, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote] You can see the 2nd aunt look disapprovingly at his shoes.

Oh my fucking god. This is beyond imbecilic.

Why must you morons come here? Your frau cesspits aren’t enough? Go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 62July 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Only three posts, r61? How’re you gonna get paid?

by Anonymousreply 63July 7, 2021 3:23 PM

So, are they merching the shoe company?

by Anonymousreply 64July 7, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote] You can see the 2nd aunt look disapprovingly at his shoes.

Lady C claims in her last video that the rule is "No Brown in Town".

If the shoes came in black, he might have gotten away with it, but the brown shoes brought attention.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 65July 7, 2021 3:32 PM

Usually men from the BRF wear handmaid shoes from exclusive cobblers in London. They never need to be replaced, just repaired. You can’t get an appointment with these cobblers and neither can I. The fact that Dumbbell is wearing off the rack gimmicky shoes cheapens him all the more.

by Anonymousreply 66July 7, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]handmaid shoes

Girl, stop.

by Anonymousreply 67July 7, 2021 3:36 PM

TBH, R66, Haz may no longer have access these bespoke royal cobblers from far-off Montecito. And if he has to pay from his own pocket, he may think twice about it.

by Anonymousreply 68July 7, 2021 3:37 PM

And finally for r8, here's the story, from one of the anti Meghan websites no less, reporting on this Yankee Wally person. No one got doxxed on here, they're just reporting what this story said. Why this Meghan hating blog would reveal all this personal information about someone on their own side is beyond me, but they did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 7, 2021 3:40 PM

FF'd this shit thread. Muriel, you know what to do!

by Anonymousreply 70July 7, 2021 3:41 PM

n a recent interview with The Cut, the 40-year-old communications advisor reflected on her time working for the couple with fondness and spoke of their ability to be "influential."

"It was an incredible experience," she shared. "They are incredibly talented and creative leaders. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to do that, to be able to be with them on their journey. The time that I spent with them was incredibly fulfilling."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 7, 2021 3:42 PM

Lifts in his shoes? What's next...hair plugs???

by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2021 3:47 PM

Is there one person that's written most of the last 40 messages on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 73July 7, 2021 3:54 PM

R71 As you know, she stayed in their employ for only eleven months.

She preferred to open her own shop rather than continue with the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 74July 7, 2021 3:54 PM

R58, I wonder why the writer didn't look up DanjaZone, the Sussex hate blogger who had her house (and her mother's) burnt down.

by Anonymousreply 75July 7, 2021 3:59 PM

[QUOTE] Girl, stop.

calm down, it was autocorrected to that by the iphone.

by Anonymousreply 76July 7, 2021 4:12 PM

Younger guys have been wearing brown shoes with blue and black suits for at least a decade. That rule no brown shoes in town is an old mid or early 20th century rule. Brown shoes in the upper and upper middle class were to be worn on country estates. The extra snobby twist was the exception that brown shoes could be worn in town on Fridays implying one was leaving immediately after work (no doubt in the City or House of Lords) for one's country estate.

by Anonymousreply 77July 7, 2021 4:21 PM

Do you read R74? She still works for the Duke and Duchess as a consultant.

Ah, but you live on conspiracy theories and rumor mongering.

Muriel! We need you now.

Anyhow, this thread will be gone by tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 78July 7, 2021 4:40 PM

Hope no one was injured in the house fires. Good Lord!

by Anonymousreply 79July 7, 2021 4:41 PM

R75, there's been nothing about the fires for a year and there was no evidence it was arson, let alone something started by a Meghan fan.

by Anonymousreply 80July 7, 2021 4:50 PM

This article is nuts.

Rumors that paternity leave is cover for another stint in rehab, time may tell. He certainly looked like he was living it up at the memorial, one paper described his bizarre behavior as "flamboyant" lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2021 5:04 PM

The Sussexes won't come to the Diana events in September as a couple. Just like the last 2 times, Meghan will let Harry go back to face the music alone.

If they are invited to the Jubilee, they'll turn the invitation down unless they're guaranteed a carriage ride and balcony time, and you know those things won't be happening. Meghan will use the 'snub' as another excuse not to return to the UK. She'll never go back there OR let her children go there if she can help it.

by Anonymousreply 82July 7, 2021 5:06 PM

For some of the accounts, an intense love of the monarchy fuels their anti-fandom. Wanting Megxit, longing for the days when Harry played gooseberry to Wills and Kate, could be compared to liking a TV series before a new showrunner took over. Anti-fans tag the official royal Twitter accounts with their grievances in the same way that Star Wars fans tag Rian Johnson. Their activities – petitioning (for the removal of titles), boycotting companies that work with Harry and Meghan, organised hate-watching and review bombing – mirror media anti-fan behaviour. Blind items are their fan fiction. Photoshopped nudes are their fan art. But as experts on anti-fandom also write, anti-fandom shouldn’t be seen as a cover for what is at its core: obsessive online hatred.

by Anonymousreply 83July 7, 2021 5:13 PM

“But as experts on anti-fandom also write, anti-fandom shouldn’t be seen as a cover for what is at its core: obsessive online hatred.”

This author has you people figured out.

by Anonymousreply 84July 7, 2021 5:14 PM

And you know, R78, that leaving as the boss and accepting a role as consultant was a face-saving move for both her and the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 85July 7, 2021 5:24 PM

Face saving for the Harkles. How is it face saving for her, beyond giving up a position to go work for them.

by Anonymousreply 86July 7, 2021 5:35 PM

I wouldn't bother hauling my ass from LA to London unless I was going to be standing on the balcony. Good on Harry and Meghan for not putting up with that level of passive aggression.

by Anonymousreply 87July 7, 2021 5:47 PM

Why would they want to be on the balcony? The Harkles claim the RF are awful racists? Why be seen with them?

by Anonymousreply 88July 7, 2021 6:08 PM

What passive aggression R87? They’re the ones who left to have “privacy” but have since shown that premise to be false. They’re also the ones who gave interview bashing the family with lies and twisted innuendos, as well as leaking private conversations to Gayle King the following day. Not to mention the daily leaks from Omid their public mouthpiece.

by Anonymousreply 89July 7, 2021 6:11 PM

FF the Markle fancunts into oblivion, don't talk to them.

by Anonymousreply 90July 7, 2021 6:15 PM

Megaloons busy trying to get their personal "articles" to happen. They have failed in every other thread to garner any interest. Give it up, no one is interested. Stop replying to yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2021 6:38 PM

Hey KGT, is Smegs really pissed about having a saggy cameltoe? Will she get pussy surgery to combat that?

by Anonymousreply 92July 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Does anyone else think Harry looks like the type that does a combination jack hammer/rabbit thrust while fucking? I'd guess William to be a slow stroke edger.

by Anonymousreply 93July 7, 2021 7:01 PM

Brf getting shIt on twitter to the point it's going to trend. Why? The NHS. People are pointing out they hosted a swanky party and hobbknobbed with their fellow elite for the NHS. NHS nurses are going to food-banks. And it's non royal watching medical staff pointing this out. It's getting out there to the average Joe.

by Anonymousreply 94July 7, 2021 7:01 PM

Sorry but no way am I going to picture friar tuck Haz inserting his ginger worm into a saggy vagina. .

by Anonymousreply 95July 7, 2021 7:04 PM

R86 that is how it is done at those levels, C-level executives will not (usually) badmouth previous employers and vice versa. Discretion is highly valued, and she would show herself as not valuable if she spilled the beans on what she really thought of her former employers.

I worked for a crazy demanding CEO, and two VPs left in quick succession. They "stayed on" in part-time, consulting capacities for several months...while they were actually *already* at their new jobs at different companies. This is not uncommon.

They really didn't do much, just tied up a few loose ends and were available for questions on some of their projects but it gave employees and clients some confidence that things were not going to fall apart.

This woman's response about her time with the Harkles is hilarious to me! It is business speak for I Hated Working For Them.

by Anonymousreply 96July 7, 2021 7:06 PM

R94 Prince William hosted one of MANY garden parties for NHS staff on Monday, My local council had one in the park. Not "the elite" but ordinary members of the various NHS Trusts in and around London. They had lotteries to decide who was going to go or nominated their colleagues. Various ordinary "non royal watching" NHS staff have posted selfies of themselves enjoying the party.

It has been pointed out that NHS staff need pay rises but that's not the job of the BRF but the government.

by Anonymousreply 97July 7, 2021 7:18 PM

Another very interesting rumor. The Lipstick Alley ladies have been investigating. They have been talking to sympathetic moderators. The Meghan Markle Unpopular thread is locked. Only certain people can post on it. Why? A deal was made. Who with is still being looked into. Allegedly the other party gets to have it's trolls post mixed in with Klan grannies post continuosly. The site gets loads of clicks. Still being looked into if payment was made. Allegedly Paying a site to lock a thread so you can troll a half black women on a black orientated site. It would be scandalous. The ladies on site are on the case. Then feeding info to black twitter so they are safe. Go check out the thread. The trolls are obvious.

by Anonymousreply 98July 7, 2021 7:19 PM

Meghan and Harry would give their left tit and nut to stand on that balcony again. Ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 99July 7, 2021 7:27 PM

Oh dear, the Markle Klan LSA Investigated Idiot is back with another account.

Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 100July 7, 2021 7:28 PM

This story still swirling, allegedly Doria's female partner was also present. Who knows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 7, 2021 7:30 PM

R86 and R96 are exactly right and know how these things work. I've been involved in and observed several situations like this myself in my many years of a corporate career.

by Anonymousreply 102July 7, 2021 7:35 PM

The Harkles former employee now "consultant" used the word "incredible" several times in her statement, lol. I think that's the key word here, "incredible" as in "you would not believe how fucking insane these two are".

by Anonymousreply 103July 7, 2021 7:46 PM

They're over. I like these threads, because of their ridiculous behavior. But their geese are cooked, they're old news, Kate and Will have dutifully and gracefully moved on with their work and Meghan and Harry only have three year old footage as working royals to use and reuse as a callback to their importance. In the world of fickle fast-paced US celebrity, they have nothing. No relevance. They blew it.

by Anonymousreply 104July 7, 2021 7:50 PM

R88. Please read up on MLK Jr. He worked with racists to try to educate them. It is good that the BRF faces their long history of racism. It was only recently that the Queen decided to allow POC to wait upon her.

by Anonymousreply 105July 7, 2021 7:55 PM

I'm surprised Meghan and Harry haven't lashed out at the Wessexes since Edward and Sophie clearly took the slot vacated by the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 106July 7, 2021 7:56 PM

I just ff’d. Everyone join me!

by Anonymousreply 107July 7, 2021 7:57 PM

And within a few years, Edward will be Duke of Edinburgh and his son Earl of Wessex. It's a better deal than Dumbarton, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 108July 7, 2021 7:57 PM

R106...and are performing it without any of the drama coming from Montecito

by Anonymousreply 109July 7, 2021 7:58 PM

R105 Wrong, staff at the palaces have included POC for decades. The recent report from the Guardian was about the 60s. They currently have just under 10% POC staff and have actually said they have a goal to do better by next year. The current official statistics are about 13% of the UK population is a POC.

by Anonymousreply 110July 7, 2021 8:02 PM

How many POC do the Harkles employ?

by Anonymousreply 111July 7, 2021 8:04 PM

I was going to post pretty much what r96 said. You simply do not publicly bad mouth former employers particularly in the relatively small philanthropic foundation community that's funded by billionaires who pay your salary. St. Laurent worked shoulder to shoulder with Melinda Gates. Imagine if she'd been indiscreet about the Gates family the way the Sussexes have been about the RF (never mind their embellishing the story with numerous disprovable lies). She'd never eat lunch in that town again.

And if she badmouthed the Sussexes with information about their demands, she wouldn't be collecting a nice consulting fee from them. Anyway, what she could have said about them had already been reported about Meghan in other settings. Apparently, the reason "sources" gave for her departure back in March is that she was being directed to do tasks that were not part of her job contract, having to do much more than stipulated by the T&Cs.

Where have we heard this before? Meghan and Harry sending their protection officers in Canada to run errands, picking up take out and the dry cleaning. Admiralty House staff up at all hours of the night baking loaves upon loaves of banana bread until one was just right. And God knows what she demanded of KP staff.

Anyway, the Harkles would have done well to follow her example and give positive, anodyne statements about the RF. Or just not say anything at all. They sullied their reputations when they were barely out of the gate. They are becoming known as petulant, grievance-driven spoiled brats who are unprofessional and difficult to work with and for. Just what Hollywood and charitable institutions love!

by Anonymousreply 112July 7, 2021 8:26 PM

On twitter, there are a shitload of Meghan-obsessed fangirl accounts which look like a troll farm. Sunshine Sucks must be taking a leaf out of Lis Smith's playbook. During the Dem primary, Smith created 100s of accounts for Mayor Pete. Apparently, he had a ton of fans in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 113July 7, 2021 8:27 PM

R112 yeah - this is why I think their main motivation is Meghan's jealousy. Jealousy is never reasonable. The Harkles could have maintained good relations with the Royal family, but Meghan couldn't control her jealousy of Kate. All her trolls (most of whom I assume are paid hires) always attack Kate and William. Why? They can't think that criticizing Kate will result in Meghan getting richer or getting to become Queen. Pure, uncontrolled, bitchy jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 114July 7, 2021 8:34 PM

I would also argue Schmegan just couldn't understand it. Doesn't get hierarchy, doesn't get precedence, doesn't get any of it and wouldn't learn. She's lucky the Royal Family doesn't have an Aunt Lydia.

by Anonymousreply 115July 7, 2021 8:38 PM

R112 All true. But the people you're responding to, Meghan's fangirls, know nothing about working at Ms St Laurents level.

by Anonymousreply 116July 7, 2021 8:40 PM

Now you don't know that, R116. She might stop at a drive thru from time to time, when she's on speaker.

by Anonymousreply 117July 7, 2021 8:42 PM

Damn look what's trending

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 7, 2021 8:54 PM

R114 - Straight from the DSM V:

[Quote]Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her.

I think Kate inflicted the "narcissistic wound" by not inviting Meghan along on her shopping trip. Also straight from the DSM V:

[Quote]A belief that he or she is special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions

Well, that pretty much deflated that fantasy. It's an ultimate gut punch to the narcissist who becomes angry, even rageful, and seeks retribution by bad mouthing and undermining. Judging from the looks Harry gave Kate in old pictures, I'm pretty sure he had a crush on her. He probably built Kate to to Meghan "She's great. You'll love her. I can see you becoming best buds" She believed it and then BAM! the ego is shattered. And she's cagey enough to figure out he had the hots for Kate. What a noxious stew.

by Anonymousreply 119July 7, 2021 8:56 PM

Meghan's not that evolved. Kate's good looking. Look at who Meghan claims as friends: horse-faced Jessica Mulroney. Serena Williams.

by Anonymousreply 120July 7, 2021 9:06 PM

When people were saying she looked like her mother, in the balcony pics, M pitched a massive fit.

by Anonymousreply 121July 7, 2021 10:14 PM

When people were saying she looked like her mother, in the balcony pics, M pitched a massive fit.

by Anonymousreply 122July 7, 2021 10:14 PM

How disgusting! 'The Duke & Duchess of Sussex' is a category on Jeopardy tonight!

So much for Jeopardy having a shred of integrity any more.

I wonder how much money the producers held out for before they caved to SS.

Disgusting! Has there been a Kardashians category? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 123July 7, 2021 11:36 PM

Oh, my bad - its the 'Duke & Duchess of Suffix'

by Anonymousreply 124July 7, 2021 11:41 PM

H's new pet name for MM.

What is Duchess Saggy Camel Toe?

by Anonymousreply 125July 8, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]Oh, my bad - its the 'Duke & Duchess of Suffix'

Even worse... they're a pun.

by Anonymousreply 126July 8, 2021 12:37 AM

Keeping up with the Dumbartons

by Anonymousreply 127July 8, 2021 12:39 AM

The last name of Pander-y Doria.

What is Ragland.

We’d also accept the alias ‘Radlan’

by Anonymousreply 128July 8, 2021 12:48 AM

The story about how her father died and how she cheated her brother out of a share in the father's house is quite something. I read the father had 6 blunt trauma head injuries supposedly caused by tripping over a dog's leash. This world is wild.

by Anonymousreply 129July 8, 2021 1:23 AM

How did she cheat her brother out of it? Often, as was the case in our family, the caretaker for the elderly person gets the house. My father retired early to take care of his childless brother who suffered dementia. His sisters who had no part got some cash, but my father got the house since he took care of him fulltime for three years or so.

[Quote]the father had 6 blunt trauma head injuries

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 130July 8, 2021 1:48 AM

R130, there is a thing called Google you might want to try out.

by Anonymousreply 131July 8, 2021 1:57 AM

Mama's little dividend!

by Anonymousreply 132July 8, 2021 2:13 AM

I noticed the Harkles are no longer making claims of constant contact with the queen.

by Anonymousreply 133July 8, 2021 2:51 AM

William looked DELICIOUS at the statue unveiling. Normally he just looks like a normal guy to me, but theres something about him. The slimming suit, his posture, the way he carried himself, all very attractive. Major BDF from him.

by Anonymousreply 134July 8, 2021 3:56 AM

R130

These idiots don’t do links or provide evidence for their bullshit. The read it “somewhere” & that makes it fact.

Fat, unintelligent old women who do not belong on this forum but who hang around stinking up the place with their presence.

by Anonymousreply 135July 8, 2021 4:11 AM

Go feed your kids, Smegs.

by Anonymousreply 136July 8, 2021 4:44 AM

The Qanons are fans of william and kate

The same conspiracy theories, the same crazy YouTube videos that totally prove the conspiracy theories to be true and all other assorted foolishness

by Anonymousreply 137July 8, 2021 6:06 AM

[Quote] - R130, there is a thing called Google you might want to try out.

Except we had seen the wanton search that led to its death and saw your wonder-cunt pleading.

by Anonymousreply 138July 8, 2021 6:54 AM

William is like Charles in that his suits are exquisitely cut, but in William’s case they’re slim and they accentuate his tallness. His coats are slim too, giving him a continental almost ‘Nosferatu’ silhouette which really works for him. Harry is like a college frat boy, still trying to wear comfortable clothing and be casual as much as he’s allowed. Getting him out of military uniform did him a disservice because now we see that Harry really isn’t an impressive dresser and his body just average.

by Anonymousreply 139July 8, 2021 11:11 AM

Harry is both erratic in behavior and a slob.

by Anonymousreply 140July 8, 2021 12:58 PM

R98 The trolls certainly are obvious, Pet, dear.

Yawn. Why don't you get over your LSA fixation? You know we don't believe a word you say.

There really is something pathetic about you choosing as your racial icon a "half-black" woman who hates her blackness, wants white hair, white skin, white friends, white husbands, and kids as white as she can see to it they have a chance to be.

Well, logic never was your strong point was it?

Otherwise, you'd stop trying to peddle your laughable fables about LSA and retribution.

Nor one of which has EVER been true.

by Anonymousreply 141July 8, 2021 2:07 PM

They say a picture says a thousand words.

Photo on the left: William with his jacket closed, straight posture, looking sleek, confident, relaxed but slightly serious. Harry tugging at his open coat, grinning at a memorial like he is at an amusement park. Awkward, paunchy body. Same height at Willz so clearly wearing lifts. I dont recall him being at or taller than William.

Photo on the right: Willz with his back to the camera, hands in front of him, serious, standing straight, doesnt show his emotions to the camera. Harry with the Megaloon warrior pose, hands on hips, chesf puffed out, trying to emulate an alpha male pose, seemingly looking at the statue of hus dead mother with amusement rather than sombre reflection.

If you still Harry is a "good guy" after witnessing the immature, narcissistic, silly display he put on at the statue unveiling then theres no helping you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 8, 2021 2:28 PM

William has gravitas. Harry has Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 143July 8, 2021 2:30 PM

Harry was just there to get footage for whatever the Gruesome Twosome plan on releasing next.

by Anonymousreply 144July 8, 2021 2:35 PM

If H & M use the Diana statue unveiling footage with William, could Will stop it by claiming he didn't give his permission to use his image?

by Anonymousreply 145July 8, 2021 2:37 PM

chesf* puffed out... statue of hus* dead mother If you still *think Harry...

Oh dear. Ignore my fat typing.

by Anonymousreply 146July 8, 2021 2:52 PM

He was also seen shouting with cupped hands and generally acting bizarre at the memorial, one paper described it as "flamboyant." His aunt asked him a question that he refused to answer, then he did a silly panto of doing another double cheek kiss to avoid it. His behavior was so odd for his dead mother's memorial that rumors began to swirl that his lengthy "paternity leave" is a euphemism for another stint in rehab. Yet he obsesses about his mother and how it traumatized him to lose her and how flying into the UK traumatizes him as a brand? Instead of getting a real job? Please. Watch what people do and if it EVER matches up with what they say.

by Anonymousreply 147July 8, 2021 3:18 PM

Lady C today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 8, 2021 3:19 PM

Her intro music of the day is often quite funny

by Anonymousreply 149July 8, 2021 3:21 PM

Sheesh, Harry wasn’t wearing lifts. Look at his shoes, they had stacked heels like some men’s shoes. Compare that to William’s shoes which were flat, classic heels. I hate the lying, grifting pair but this nitpicking on whether he wore lifts or not is ridiculous. So what if he did, it’s not by far the worst thing that he’s done considering the things he’s put his family through just for fame and $$$.

by Anonymousreply 150July 8, 2021 4:38 PM

R134 Ironically since Harry jumped ship, William has really come into his own and I'm finding him sexy as fuck. Also whoever tailors his suits has to be a gay man, because those babies are wrapped around William to an inch of his life.

by Anonymousreply 151July 8, 2021 4:48 PM

Mmmmmm... now the inseam, Sir.

by Anonymousreply 152July 8, 2021 5:03 PM

William will be a fabulous Prince of Wales. Everything about him is regal. He's really come in to his own.

by Anonymousreply 153July 8, 2021 5:22 PM

R150, you must have missed the link on a deleted thread that linked to the exact shoes he was wearing that have internal lifts. He IS shorter than his brother but at the memorial event they seemed the same height. He was also standing in ways that drew attention to his shoes. More created drama, SS has to have grist.

by Anonymousreply 154July 8, 2021 5:23 PM

Constant contradictions, a SS tactic they use frequently for various clients. What else would we have to post about, discuss, disagree about? Of course, not talking about them is their great fear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 8, 2021 5:25 PM

R150, many find mocking the hypocrites entertaining. It is unusual for a man with his height to wear lifts, yet he was, and suddenly was a few inches taller, his brother's height. If you don't find it funny, scroll on, no need to play thread monitor.

Maybe it is a metaphor, in any event, it is funny to many of us. I did not even know internal lift shoes existed, Tom Cruise goes for heels or wedges. Adds well over 2", thus the brothers appeared roughly the same height for the first time ever. We were meant to notice.

by Anonymousreply 156July 8, 2021 5:33 PM

Haz was also wearing polka dotted socks, to further draw attention to his shoes and drive the is he or isn't he chatter.

Of course, since he was suddenly the same height as his taller brother, the only possible answer was that he was wearing shoes with internal lifts and a pair exists that exactly matches. He was also standing in poses that drew attention to his feet and brown would also be considered a casual choice for the event in London.

SS are not Mensa members, they have to drive talk to make the Narkles seem at all important or noteworthy and this is a way to do it, fake "controversies" and constant contradictions. Of course the fake controversies are also then used to denigrate any posters who disagree with the storyboard narrative. All we are is players in the game they have set up, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 8, 2021 5:41 PM

r87 Why would they be willing to accept an invitation under any circumstances given all that they have said about the royal family? To go and be part of the celebrations would suggest hypocrisy and or dishonesty in relation to what they previously alleged.

by Anonymousreply 158July 8, 2021 6:03 PM

How internal lifts work

Picture, thousand words yadda yadda. If someone who has always been a bit shorter is suddenly the same height, was not a growth spurt pushing 40, it's the shoes. And when they behave in a way to draw attention to the shoes and wear flashy socks at a solemn occasion, probably part of a PR storyboard. Incredibly pathetic behavior along with his bizarre antics given the occasion, but, it is Haz we are speaking about. Maybe Narkle is setting him up for a devaluation stage and public humiliation, time will tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 8, 2021 6:06 PM

Because I think Harry's shoes shenanigans are weird and funny, behold the ad for what appear to be the same pair shoes he was wearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 8, 2021 6:24 PM

And the photo of the polka dot socks which appears to display the heel of his socks as he's walking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 8, 2021 6:25 PM

That would be the 3" height difference appearing to suddenly be erased, R160. Wonder if their minions are well paid to think up these slapsticky reality tvish storylines to entertain us? Bored now, try harder.

Catherine is working to give young children a good start in life, William is hosting the NHS and attending sports events, Lady Louise is following in her grandfather's footsteps, the Queen is hosting the G7, world leaders and attending horse events and re: Haz, we get socks and is he or isn't he wearing lifts?

They are done.

This has gotten quite boring.

by Anonymousreply 162July 8, 2021 6:38 PM

Maybe he was hoping for the "slimming" effect, he did seem unable to button his jacket.

Our secret is undetectable! Do you want to gain a few centimetres without it being obvious how? And without using the basic heel pads that are rigid, uncomfortable and unsightly?

Mario BERTULLI elevator shoes have the perfect solution to meet your expectations—high quality shoes that hide a unique system allowing you to instantly gain up to 10 cm in height... And without those around you suspecting anything.

The special BERTULLI manufacturing process incorporates a reinforced inner sole at the heel of the shoe. Its anatomical and contoured shape respects the arch of the foot for ease and unbeatable comfort. The exterior appearance of the shoe is perfectly normal...no thicker heels. You grow from within, your silhouette appears slimmer, and your growth secret is well kept.

Maybe he could focus on growing his CHARACTER next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 8, 2021 6:41 PM

The Harkles are low-functioning individuals. What a normal person would consider slap-stick and trivial (elevator shoes), they consider the same to be vital and cunning.

by Anonymousreply 164July 8, 2021 7:01 PM

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think the elevator shoes theory might be correct. Not only are the shoes he wore identical to the ones on the lift shoe website, but if you look at Harry's feet on the day, the laces are stretched progressively wider toward his ankle, indicating his heel is higher than his toes.

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 165July 8, 2021 7:05 PM

Excellent points, R164 and R165.

by Anonymousreply 166July 8, 2021 7:26 PM

But Harry's shoes appear to have five lace holes and the elevator shoes have six, which would be needed to support the raised-up foot.

I don't think these are the same model shoe.

by Anonymousreply 167July 8, 2021 7:32 PM

It’s simple enough to call the company and ask them to make a five-hole version for a VIP who is willing to pay

by Anonymousreply 168July 8, 2021 7:38 PM

Dont want no short short man...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 8, 2021 7:50 PM

River

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 8, 2021 8:06 PM

The River vid does a good job sketching out the bigger framework in which the Narkles are being used.

by Anonymousreply 171July 8, 2021 8:18 PM

10 cm = 3.937007874015748 inches = 3 & 15/16 inches

So that adds almost 4 inches in height.

and R165

[quote] ...if you look at Harry's feet on the day, the laces are stretched progressively wider toward his ankle, indicating his heel is higher than his toes.

This whole thing is hilarious.

Why didn't he wear a big red nose and the whole clown outfit to go with the shoes.

I wonder if the shoes came in black, if he might have gotten away with it? Or maybe it was all deliberate.

Lady C admonished with apparently an old saying from the UK upper classes "No brown in town." So the wrong color too.

by Anonymousreply 172July 8, 2021 8:29 PM

Julian Castro's 5'4" and he notoriously wears elevator shoes and claims he's 5'9". Why a man who is 6'1" would wear elevator shoes is something Harry needs to address with his psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 173July 8, 2021 8:38 PM

At one of the debates, the organizers had Castro standing beside Beto O'Rourke (6'4"). Castro was standing on a booster box but still looked diminutive next to Beto. The organizers had a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 174July 8, 2021 8:41 PM

"Getting away with it" was not the goal, providing gist for chatter pro/con was the game.

He did behave like a drunk clown, given it was a memorial for his dead mother, just more proof of hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 175July 8, 2021 10:21 PM

I revisited the old Dangling Tendrils threads, they are so funny and innocent. It's interesting to see some of the focus come off Meghan and onto Harry. Meghan is definitely fame hungry and a social climber, but it appears Harry was not some poor tricked doofus but an active participant in their shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 176July 8, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote]but, it is Haz we are speaking about

Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound? Like an idiot

It's Haz.

Where's Haz,

Have you seen Haz?

What's Haz wearing?

by Anonymousreply 177July 8, 2021 11:20 PM

R177 I’m not the person who you are attacking - they can speak for themselves. But you’re on thin ice calling someone “pathetic” and “an idiot” for indulging in gossip on a site devoted to gossip. And if you’re cool with gossip, just not with gossip about the British Royal Family, why would you want to torture yourself by navigating to this thread, reading through 176 responses, then posting the fact that you don't agree with it.

You sound a little pathetic and a bit of an idiot yourself, and more than a little sad.

by Anonymousreply 178July 8, 2021 11:43 PM

I guess the Serena "relationship" is on the skids. Highly vulnerable Natalie Osaka is now in Meg's sights. I hope her parents aren't deluded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 9, 2021 12:37 AM

Little Lili is not listed, although baby August is. Curious and highlighted by Lady C today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 9, 2021 12:39 AM

I think the guess about baptism is probably correct. Until Lili is baptized in the CoE, how could she be even considered a successor to 'The Supreme Head of the Church of England, Defender of the Faith', or whatever the correct term is.

by Anonymousreply 181July 9, 2021 12:57 AM

But I don't believe little Gus Brooksbank has been baptized yet either. Unless it was done very privately, with no leaks about godparents (which isn't likely).

by Anonymousreply 182July 9, 2021 1:08 AM

It's because Lili is black.

by Anonymousreply 183July 9, 2021 1:22 AM

I believe you are correct, R182. So, must be another reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 9, 2021 1:23 AM

What's the likelihood that the people who update the Palace's official Succession page have either forgot or are merely 'yet to get around to" adding little Lilibet Diana over a month after she was born?

Could it be possible that they haven't yet received enough documentation to completely satisfy them that the baby is indeed "of the body" as opposed to, say, via surrogate? The latter would automatically disqualify the kid from the Succession.

I have always disagreed with the "she used a surrogate!!" people with regards to Archie, because I think that these kids are her real meal ticket, even more than Harry, and I assume she would not want to risk losing any potential honours for them by using a surrogate, because it would mean a loss of honours (and in her mind, leverage and money) for her.

But I agree it is extremely strange that as of 30+ days after her birth, Lili Diana is nowhere mentioned on that list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 9, 2021 1:29 AM

[R183], Archie is also biracial and is listed, so, nope.

by Anonymousreply 186July 9, 2021 1:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 9, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]What's the likelihood that the people who update the Palace's official Succession page have either forgot or are merely 'yet to get around to" adding little Lilibet Diana over a month after she was born?

She was born in the United States. There's no way in hell she'll get anywhere near the throne. Prime Minister possibly, but the throne, nope!

by Anonymousreply 188July 9, 2021 2:13 AM

I am assuming that if you have a dual nationality, you cannot be in the line of succession. Which makes sense. Dual nationality = divided loyalties. Archie probably has US nationality too and will eventually be removed from the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 189July 9, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote]Archie probably has US nationality too and will eventually be removed from the line of succession.

Remember that waffle maker Liz sent him? Coated with a chemical that hinders brain development. When the British public see him at 21 licking paint chips off the wall, they will demand he be removed from the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 190July 9, 2021 2:19 AM

Has anyone seen the date that "Escape from the Palace" is going to be shown on TV? Is it on Lifetime?

by Anonymousreply 191July 9, 2021 2:22 AM

It's possible that at the moment Lili Diana is an American citizen only, and her parents have to apply for her to get British citizenship. Perhaps that is what is keeping her out of the line of succession.

Also, am not sure how dual citizens can be in line to the throne at all?

by Anonymousreply 192July 9, 2021 2:27 AM

We don't really know why she is not on the list, R192. Perhaps more will come out in time. The rules for succession are listed at the link, none seem to bar Lili.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193July 9, 2021 2:37 AM

Let's all just pray that Harry brings some goddamn UK rain back to California with him.

by Anonymousreply 194July 9, 2021 2:39 AM

R192 their kids would have to renounce their US nationality if they're to be included in the line of succession. You can't be in line to be the head of state if you have a dual nationality.

by Anonymousreply 195July 9, 2021 3:02 AM

R181 et al there are well over 1000 people in line of succession to the British throne. The only rules are that they are descendants of the Electress Sophia (Google the Act of Settlement for details) and are not Catholic.

As a result most of the people in the line of succession aren’t British anglicans. Mostly German protestants.

I recently read that the person currently last in the line of succession is a German woman, untitled and completely unknown. She was something like 1600th in the line.

L’il Lilibet isn’t being excluded because she’s American or not baptised. The website just hasn’t been updated.

by Anonymousreply 196July 9, 2021 3:12 AM

R196 here - I stand corrected. The line of succession in 2011 (the most recent list that I could find) contained 5,753 names. Last in the line was one Karin Vogel, a German psychotherapist.

She is the great great great great great great great great granddaughter of the Electress Sophia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 9, 2021 3:18 AM

Archie is listed, R195.

by Anonymousreply 198July 9, 2021 3:18 AM

Well, this sure does fan the flames of the surrogate theory, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 199July 9, 2021 3:36 AM

Fans the flames of drama, confusion and keeping the meter of SS going for sure, R199. Re the rest, hard to say. Unless Lili is a Roman Catholic, not sure why Archie is listed and she is not.

by Anonymousreply 200July 9, 2021 3:50 AM

She hasn't been baptized into the C of E yet.

by Anonymousreply 201July 9, 2021 4:04 AM

Neither has August Brooksbank, r201 but his name is on the official Succession list.

by Anonymousreply 202July 9, 2021 4:05 AM

Also Master Lucas Tindall, born at almost the same time as Lili, is on the official list.

by Anonymousreply 203July 9, 2021 4:12 AM

The movie is called Escape from the Palace?

I am embarrassed for the people who create stupid shit like this. Especially the gullible people who believe that these two clowns had to "escape" anything but their own asses.

by Anonymousreply 204July 9, 2021 4:34 AM

It's possible that Harry and Meghan have to show proof of some kind to make it clear that the child was born of her body. A few pictures of her looking pregnant would not be enough. Meghan and Harry were in the UK during her pregnancy with Archie and he was born in a UK hospital, so there was clearer evidence that she carried Archie.

Meghan has been in the US for the whole of Lili's gestation and has only been seen a few times during the period. By her own admission she's had some fertility issues (at least one miscarriage), and she had serious mental health problems during her pregnancy with Archie. Using a surrogate probably WOULD have been a good idea, but Harry and Meghan would not want to admit it and make it impossible for Lili to ever be a Princess.

I wouldn't blame the Palace for wanting proof that the alleged eighth in line to the throne really is eligible for that position. The BRF might have told the Sussexes "no proof, no position," and it would be just like Harry and Meghan to balk at that even if Lili wasn't surrogate born. They balk at everything the Palace asks them to do and always have.

by Anonymousreply 205July 9, 2021 4:34 AM

August Brooksbank was born on the 9th of February. Lucas Tindall was born on the 21st of March. Lili wasn't born until the 4th of June, so it's possible there is a slight delay before new Royal babies are put into the line of succession. If Bea's baby, due later this year, is put on the website succession list before Lili, then you have a story.

by Anonymousreply 206July 9, 2021 4:40 AM

[QUOTE] Rumors that paternity leave is cover for another stint in rehab, time may tell

The only rumours about rehab are the ones YOU keep repeating on this blog, PR conspiracy cunt. You use the same tired phrases like 'time will tell' in all your ugly posts.

by Anonymousreply 207July 9, 2021 4:43 AM

What, R207?

by Anonymousreply 208July 9, 2021 4:59 AM

Anyone see the latest Lady Colin Campbell video? Apparently she has checked and for some reason Harrys daughter Lilibet is not listed in the order of succession??

by Anonymousreply 209July 9, 2021 6:49 AM

R208 - It appears to be a long (self?)-appointed screacher who was, basically, long ignored.

by Anonymousreply 210July 9, 2021 8:17 AM

Dual citizenship problem? You realize the British monarchs are descended from James I who, before the Act of Union, under Anne, also King of Scotland (and all Stuarts up to the Act of Union). William II was the leader of the Netherlands as well. And George I thru William III literally had separate duties as kings of Hanover.

by Anonymousreply 211July 9, 2021 9:50 AM

They take a while to update things on the website sometimes, they didn't change to the York girls married names for ages I'm sure Lili will be added at some point.

by Anonymousreply 212July 9, 2021 11:53 AM

R212 Maybe there’s paperwork

by Anonymousreply 213July 9, 2021 1:54 PM

The way the KGT / SS gets triggered, makes me think the rumors may have some truth to them. It will be such a happy day when the funds for SS run dry or they are dropped for their mishandling of the account.

by Anonymousreply 214July 9, 2021 1:57 PM

Here we go again: SS has greyed out this thread.

[quote] The way the KGT / SS gets triggered, makes me think the rumors may have some truth to them. It will be such a happy day when the funds for SS run dry or they are dropped for their mishandling of the account.

Indeed R214, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 215July 9, 2021 2:19 PM

Anyone who has not, please click W&W for the OP.

They use the same tactics for other clients, on this board and elsewhere which is what makes the patterns so clear. They are as ugly as Weinstein and Markle, birds of a feather indeed. Smearing posters and screeching "conspiracy" when they deliberately create a chaotic narrative. Clients who accomplish things in the world do not need the contrived and artificial smoke and mirrors nor the legions of bots. That tennis player Markle is using to boost her profile is also a SS client, WHO would have guessed.

by Anonymousreply 216July 9, 2021 2:30 PM

There are only 17 w&w for OP, if everyone who has not, clicks, it helps offset the SS tactics to close another thread. And BLOCK the trolls. They spam these threads with racist and homophobic statements to try to get them closed on another basis, just block and do not engage. Threads are often closed after there is a back and forth. They are PAID to post from talking points, you are not going to change their minds or get them to leave an assigned large gossip board, Muriel says to block trolls, just do it. Social media managers do exactly that for their clients, do not help them to suppress voices that stray from the narrative. The KGT often opens new threads when one is paywalled so their "work" can get maximum reach. Filling existing threads also takes away a bit of the power they use to get "excessive" threads closed. Let them post to themselves until existing threads are full.

by Anonymousreply 217July 9, 2021 2:36 PM

What if Harry and Meghan can’t fire SS, because they’re not the client?

by Anonymousreply 218July 9, 2021 4:32 PM

Ooh, r218. Tres nefarious. So many subplots, so little time. Putin possibly bankrolling the son of the Prince of Wales' new, expensive lifestyle? I know it sounds stupid and capricious, if not FULLY paranoid, but the Sussexes have amply demonstrated they're stupid and capricious.

I wish I'd been this mature way back when.

by Anonymousreply 219July 9, 2021 4:39 PM

Flogging water to pay SS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 9, 2021 4:53 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 9, 2021 5:40 PM

That must be one of the A-list gigs Megs was demanding her agents get her.

by Anonymousreply 222July 9, 2021 5:42 PM

Famous for being famous....MeMe is the new ZsaZsa, and she's only on her second (or third) husband!

by Anonymousreply 223July 9, 2021 5:54 PM

r221 Surely they should practice what they preach if they expect people to take them seriously? Tormenting a family in a form of high stakes blackmail both whilst a family member is on their deathbed and when they are grieving is not compassionate.

by Anonymousreply 224July 9, 2021 5:59 PM

Point, R224.

by Anonymousreply 225July 9, 2021 6:05 PM

Ghosting your father is not compassionate…

by Anonymousreply 226July 9, 2021 6:08 PM

Nor is bullying your staff to the point where they leave in unprecedented numbers and an official complaint is made about you.

by Anonymousreply 227July 9, 2021 6:10 PM

More Sunshine Sachs bullshit

by Anonymousreply 228July 9, 2021 6:40 PM

That statement should be next to the word "hypocrisy" in the dictionary.

This whole branding has been SO mismanaged. They are worse than Chrissy Tiegen coming out with that at this point and attempting to monetize it. With what they both have done to their fathers and his grandparents, COME ON. Only bots and idiots will not see the Grand Canyon between their words and deeds. She must be REALLY spooked about the bullying report and is trying to create a false narrative/image to get ahead of it.

by Anonymousreply 229July 9, 2021 7:04 PM

I can't wait until HG Tudor does the YT vid analysis of the narcissism exemplified in that statement.

So much for parental leave, eh?

And she is trying to use that tennis player to up her profile. Wait until more people know about the superglue and bullying of a TODDLER.

She pretends to be a feminist but the vast majority of her victims from Charlotte to the sorority pledges to the Gov Gen's wife in OZ to staff members were women. She is malicious and a fraud. He is just a complete LOSER. William seems to be having a much better life have to say.

by Anonymousreply 230July 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Holding space does not seem to be a common UK phrase

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231July 9, 2021 7:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 9, 2021 7:48 PM

Scobie deliberately provacative (whilst they are urging compassion?)

That they want people to submit stories to Archewell that THEY will own all rights too is outrageous. They can't even think up their own content to monetize.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 9, 2021 8:34 PM

Are We Witnessing The Biggest Con Of The Century? What The News Is Telling Us

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234July 9, 2021 8:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 9, 2021 9:00 PM

Influencers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236July 9, 2021 9:27 PM

Water goes great with sexy hamburgers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 9, 2021 10:08 PM

[Quote]The suggestion that he had briefed about his brother and mental health issues was just a step too far for him’.

Why would William need to be briefed about his brother's mental health? He's had a front spectator seat.

by Anonymousreply 238July 9, 2021 10:36 PM

The entire fucking world was briefed about H's mental health.

by Anonymousreply 239July 9, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote]Water goes great with sexy hamburgers.

In the picture on the left, is her skirt made of naugahyde?

by Anonymousreply 240July 9, 2021 10:42 PM

They have no future with influencing. The bread and butter they could influence, Royal watchers with purchasing power, are NOT on their side. They quit and betrayed the Royal family. Rebellious woke Americans don't care to be influenced on IG to buy cheap products. They grow their own organic food and... chickens.

by Anonymousreply 241July 9, 2021 10:43 PM

R241 - they don't actually have anything to sell. They are basically trying to be the new Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 242July 9, 2021 11:05 PM

Did you not see the pics above? Smegs is selling water and ground beef.

by Anonymousreply 243July 9, 2021 11:28 PM

The water goes back a while and has now been taken down. The Men's Health vid was to raise her profile. Alas, not selling anything at the moment but the chance to submit material to their foundation that they can then monetize and will own all rights to. Millions must be typing now, eh?

by Anonymousreply 244July 9, 2021 11:30 PM

Cue the Smegs and Hairy sex tape. Full on view of the saggy camel-toe and Hairy's pimpled ass.

by Anonymousreply 245July 9, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote]and Hairy's pimpled ass.

Meh, we've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 246July 9, 2021 11:41 PM

Unlike you naysayers, I think Harry and Meghan have a big career ahead as influencers — they influence my gag reflex, as in ‘pass the chuck bucket.’

by Anonymousreply 247July 10, 2021 12:04 AM

[Quote]The water goes back a while and has now been taken down.

What's this water stuff about?

by Anonymousreply 248July 10, 2021 12:10 AM

R248, when two Hydrogens want to party, they call their good friend Oxy.

by Anonymousreply 249July 10, 2021 12:19 AM

I think she has been merching stuff under the radar, can't pay all that well though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250July 10, 2021 12:38 AM

R249 - I give you a score of 10 out of 10 for that response.

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 251July 10, 2021 1:18 AM

Oh mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 10, 2021 2:49 AM

Lol, such hypocrites. And called out by CNN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 10, 2021 3:01 AM

Remember this? Shades of disruption to come...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 10, 2021 3:18 AM

If you watch the video around the 2 minute mark Charles is clearly stopping them from walking forward before Will & Kate.

Then, Hairy Balls seems upset by this because he calls someone over, and is led past the table to the end of the hall grinning like an idiot, probably thinking, "haha I fooking walked ahead of them", before glancing over and realizing he is about to go ahead of the damn Queen.

Kate looks over and notices it too. The two are forced to stand there like spoiled brats until everyone passes first which you know was burning them up inside. Why they couldnt just walk behind Will and pretend to look at the crap on the table is beyond me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 10, 2021 3:56 AM

They weren't supposed to look at the crap on the table at all. The photo-op was for HM, Charles and Camilla, and Kate and William, as they are all closely connected to Prince of Wales as a present or future role. Harry and Meghan were already supposed to be in the big room with the other attendees. They hung back and attempted to crash the photo-op and were ushered out by equerries before they could look any more foolish than they already did.

by Anonymousreply 256July 10, 2021 4:04 AM

You took the words out of my mouth, r256. And William didn't say "Senor Royals only." He said "Not allowed."

by Anonymousreply 257July 10, 2021 4:08 AM

by Anonymousreply 258July 10, 2021 4:37 AM

What is her rapid blinking about? When they are finally seated she has this rapid blinking and it is very odd. ( I know, I know ). It is one thing to aggressively invade a gathering, but they take it to this almost abusive level. Why? Even they must know on some level that their behavior can not be tolerated. So what did they hope to accomplish by this rude and embarrassing behavior? I just do not understand.

by Anonymousreply 259July 10, 2021 4:48 AM

the rapid blinking was probably nerves and embarrassment, she tried to get away with stealing some spotlight and the Establishment shat all over her.

by Anonymousreply 260July 10, 2021 5:00 AM

I would say she was trying to hold back tears of humiliation, R260. Pretty normal.

by Anonymousreply 261July 10, 2021 5:04 AM

R260- What did she expect? They act like rude, bratty tweens instead of 40 year old parents of two children. (I know, I know.) I think it is all over and they know it. Even that creepy as hell plastic puppet boy is under attack, Scabies.

by Anonymousreply 262July 10, 2021 5:10 AM

What is interesting about MM is that she is very sensitive to criticism and slights but at the same time completely insensitive to the feelings and reactions of others, so she inevitably makes bad decisions and winds up being criticised. So much could have been avoided, starting with the engagement photo dress that cost more than an average year's salary. No other married-in has made so many blunders in such a short time. Even Fergie did quite well until her marriage unravelled due to Andrew's lengthy absences.

by Anonymousreply 263July 10, 2021 5:14 AM

[QUOTE] They are PAID to post from talking points, you are not going to change their minds or get them to leave an assigned large gossip board.

This poster is responsible for 50% of the posts on every thread. She's a known DL troll who's also schizophrenic and lives in a bubble of self importance. She actually thinks paid PR workers are fighting her on these threads!

by Anonymousreply 264July 10, 2021 7:35 AM

R253, I don't disagree your point, but that's not CNN. Check the link. It's CCN. Hardly a lofty news outlet.

by Anonymousreply 265July 10, 2021 7:47 AM

R261 It’s her “tell,” something she does when she’s in a narcissistic rage. I bet she threw a massive fit after the event. Would have been delicious to watch.

by Anonymousreply 266July 10, 2021 9:56 AM

[QUOTE] Even Fergie did quite well until her marriage unravelled due to Andrew's lengthy absences

Fergie looks like an English rose right about now. If Andrew weren’t so tainted I’m sure they’d remarry and she’d be a proper royal duchess again, working for The Firm.

by Anonymousreply 267July 10, 2021 9:57 AM

R261 and R266: I think you're right that the blinking is her "tell." I think I remember her doing it at a balcony event (Trooping the Colour?) when Harry told her to be quiet or something. I will try to post a link if I find it. Very interesting observation.

by Anonymousreply 268July 10, 2021 10:01 AM

Scroll down for the video. He told her to "turn around" and she is blinking somewhat I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269July 10, 2021 10:03 AM

Take THAT haters!

Do you really think being married to the sixth in line to the throne is the only thing interesting about me? I've ... sorry, WE'VE just won an award!!

Let's see the Cambridges top this. *smug smile*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 10, 2021 10:26 AM

R270 More Sunshine Sachs bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 271July 10, 2021 10:50 AM

^ Yes, let's manufacture something, anything, to keep these grifters in the news. lmao

by Anonymousreply 272July 10, 2021 10:56 AM

Meghan has another odd thing she does - she just put her jaw and kind of grinds her teeth. I don’t think it’s a “tell”, the way the rapid blinking is, but it’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 273July 10, 2021 11:30 AM

Me! definitely had a blink attack on the balcony after being told to turn around. When you view it from the distance, with the entire family on the balcony, Meghan looks entirely out of place and rude with her back to HM’s subjects. Harry was right to make her snap forward, even little Viscount Severn is standing perfectly straight forward and he was only seven.

It’s entirely possibly that Harry (or the family handlers) forgot to tell Me! that one should never turn ones back until exiting. OR, they told her and she threw their instructions into the trash bin and decided to do whatever she wanted. At any rate, it was clear she was reprimanded and was humiliated, and i’m sure Harry paid dearly for it later in private.

by Anonymousreply 274July 10, 2021 11:39 AM

Lili’s not on the list because SHE BLACK.

by Anonymousreply 275July 10, 2021 12:07 PM

Archie is BIRACIAL too and he's on it, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 276July 10, 2021 12:19 PM

At the Prince of Wales Investiture she tried to schmooze Charles and walk beside him, I think in her delusional grandiosity she thought Charles would be overtaken by her charms and insist she join them in the procession while proclaiming her his new favorite daughter in law and savior of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 277July 10, 2021 12:28 PM

R275, R275 is one of these SS trolls trying to get the thread derailed and deleted, posting this crap again and again.

FF and block.

by Anonymousreply 278July 10, 2021 12:40 PM

[R276], [R275] is one of these SS trolls trying to get the thread derailed and deleted, posting this crap again and again.

FF and block.

by Anonymousreply 279July 10, 2021 12:41 PM

[R275] is one of these SS trolls trying to get the thread derailed and deleted, posting this crap again and again.

FF and block.

by Anonymousreply 280July 10, 2021 12:41 PM

I can't speak for the rest of you but I join in those grateful the $u$$exe$ have decided to stop at two children.

by Anonymousreply 281July 10, 2021 12:42 PM

Has Meghan got herself a hysterectomy after popping out Lilimerch?

That award is just another ludicrous Sunshine Sackball crap trying to keep Duke Dim and Duchess Diva in the news.

by Anonymousreply 282July 10, 2021 12:45 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283July 10, 2021 12:48 PM

R283, he was referring to the ceremony celebrating the 50th anniversary of Charles's investiture as PoW.

by Anonymousreply 284July 10, 2021 12:50 PM

R265 CNN (which SS had pulled from their website)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 10, 2021 1:05 PM

Me! probably would have tried to pick up Charles’ golden coronet, they were right to shoo her away from the table.

by Anonymousreply 286July 10, 2021 1:45 PM

The Harkles are the perfect illustration of the concept of faux humanitarianism.

by Anonymousreply 287July 10, 2021 2:05 PM

The list of people in the line of succession contains plenty of people who aren't UK citizens and/or weren't born in the UK. Princess Caroline's husband, Prince Ernst of Hanover, is in the line of succession. The Earl of St. Andrews, the Duke of Kent's son, married a Catholic. He therefore lost his place in the line of succession and then, after the restrictions re Catholics were lifted in 2015, successfully petitioned to be reinstated. He is 41st in line. His children, however, are Catholics. As the dukedom of Kent is not subject to the Act of Settlement, his son, Lord Downpatrick, is in line to become the first Catholic Duke of Kent since the Reformation. But - his younger children, as Catholics, ARE barred from the line of succession.

It's my understanding that as the child of an American and UK citizen, the child can claim both. Baptism of kids in Britain is around three-fourth months old. August Brooksbank is already about six months old. Either he was baptised privately, or the religious issue only applies if the child is a Catholic. As it's unlikely the Sussexes have had Lili baptised a Catholic already, her absence on the LoS must be due to some other reason.

For one thing, her father's name is incorrectly listed on the formal birth certificate. Harry's first name isn't the Duke of Sussex, it's Henry Charles Albert David. And his last name isn't His Royal Highness - that isn't a name at all, it's a style of address. He could have had written Henry Charles Albert David, Duke of Sussex, and Mountbatten-Windsor as his last name.

The birth certificate was so off the wall and incorrect that it fuels the speculation that Harry isn't all there - not just because he's dumb, but because he's been in the grip of some sort of psychic or emotional break that has been carefully managed and that probably began with the move to California from Canada. The information for those forms comes directly to from the father, usually, to the person filling out the form.

If Harry gave that information to the registrar or whoever it was, it shows he was either higher than a kite and is routinely so, because that's the way he often looks and sounds now, or still in the grip of some sort of mental breakdown.

If the baby isn't listed in the line of succession, my guess it that it has something to do with her birth not being properly recorded, i.e., as the daughter of HRH Prince Henry Charles Albert David, Duke of Sussex. Her birth registration is unacceptable as "proof" of whose daughter she is.

That's my guess: still nonlegal proof of who her father is. It's the father in this case that determines whether the child is in the line of succession, not the mother, unless they used a surrogate, a theory that I still refuse to credit.

In fact, the child, like her brother's access to the term Earl Dumbarton, is entitled to be called Lady Lilibet Windsor. The fact that America doesn't "recognise" foreign titles makes no nevermind - obviously, everyone in America who puts him or her on a programme lists them as Duke of Sussex of Duchess of Sussex.

I'm also curious as to why the Sussexes haven't yet released a photo of the baby, even just the wearisome black and white hand/foot next to Papa's.

Something is up, but at this point, my only guess is the birth registration, which is simply wrong and offers no proof whatsoever of the father's identity.

The way that Harry identified the paternity of the child could be anyone who filled out the form and chose to call himself that - rather than by Harry's actual first name and surname. It's almost as if he wanted to reject all connection to his origins . . . except the one from which he can derive the most advantage.

by Anonymousreply 288July 10, 2021 2:27 PM

It looked like she was blinking back tears to me in both videos.

by Anonymousreply 289July 10, 2021 2:45 PM

Or she was trying to generate tears

by Anonymousreply 290July 10, 2021 2:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291July 10, 2021 2:49 PM

Perusing the display set out for the anniversary of the investiture, the royals glance at it for about 30 seconds. You just know that it was someone’s job for weeks ahead of time to create and fuss over this display and everything. Had. To. Be. Perfect! and it gets half-hearted attention because it looks like they are preoccupied with H&M. Disheartening.

by Anonymousreply 292July 10, 2021 2:58 PM

They act out like tweens with Oppositional Defiant Disorder any time there are cameras or an audience as long as they can try to embarrass the BRF. Notably, the Narkles did not disrupt Vax Live or Suits.

by Anonymousreply 293July 10, 2021 3:06 PM

Haz sure has little rat eyes, doesn’t he, R221.

by Anonymousreply 294July 10, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote]and it gets half-hearted attention because it looks like they are preoccupied with H&M.

I'm no fan of H&M, but in this instance I see *why* they would act out. The Investiture Exhibition is nothing more than a PR stunt by the Royal Family. Charles gazes at the scepter he held 50 years ago. Everyone is supposed to be in awe of him looking at a piece of history.

Let's face facts. The war between the BRF and H&M is nothing more than a publicity war being played out on the world stage. It's a contest of "look at me and all the wonderful things I'm doing in the world." The Queen is an ace at this game and has the backing of a rich and powerful history. H&M are the upstarts trying to gain a foothold into the service space of the larger company. It's nothing more than what we see in the world of commerce with Amazon putting Sears and KMart out of business. And with all that's going on in the world, especially Covid, their game playing is BORING!

by Anonymousreply 295July 10, 2021 3:19 PM

Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296July 10, 2021 3:47 PM

The Oath of Allegiance to be a US citizen: "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen..." blablabla

Sounds to me like you can't be a US citizen and bear allegiance to the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 297July 10, 2021 3:48 PM

R288, Lord Downpatrick will be the first Catholic Duke of Kent ever, not just since the Reformation, as the title only came into being in the 18th century. There were medieval earls of Kent, but not dukes.

by Anonymousreply 298July 10, 2021 4:12 PM

Lili has not taken an oath, obv. Some of these issues would only come up at investiture. There are non-UK citizens in the LOS, non-COE, other babies, etc. Archie, Lucas and August are listed, but no Lili.

by Anonymousreply 299July 10, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote]Archie, Lucas and August are listed, but no Lili.

For reasons which she well knows.

by Anonymousreply 300July 10, 2021 4:17 PM

@R270- Quote:Take THAT haters!

Do you really think being married to the sixth in line to the throne is the only thing interesting about me? I've ... sorry, WE'VE just won an award!!

Let's see the Cambridges top this. *smug smile*

😂😂😂😂😂 Oh , honey!! Yes , dear. That is literally the only thing interesting about you and that mentally depleted brain trust you married. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 301July 10, 2021 5:35 PM

What does it say when you get an award for NOT procreating?

by Anonymousreply 302July 10, 2021 6:12 PM

I'm sure not procreating for Meghan has more to do with the fact she's 40.

by Anonymousreply 303July 10, 2021 7:14 PM

Yes, R295, it was a publicity opportunity. Most of what the BRF does is a publicity opportunity: Working Royals are goodwill ambassadors. This particular PR opportunity was supposed to be focused on those closely associated with the Prince of Wales position, past or future. In this little play, HM, Charles & Camilla, and William & Kate had the main roles.

The Sussexes were there as supporting players and totally went off-book. It would be as if Harry & Meghan were playing supporting roles in a television episode and suddenly started trying to give themselves more dialogue and push their way up in front of the camera, blocking the shots and dialogue reserved for the leads.

As a born Royal, Harry should have known better. As an actress, Meghan should have known better. Hell, as adults with basic manners, they should have known better.

by Anonymousreply 304July 10, 2021 7:33 PM

So they get an award for only having 2 kids? the world didn't need more kids. They should have got an award for not reproducing and adopting 2 Darfur orphans.

by Anonymousreply 305July 10, 2021 8:16 PM

For reasons that are well known to her, r300

by Anonymousreply 306July 10, 2021 9:16 PM

The Times is reporting this evening that Charles doesn't want to give Edward the Duke of Edinburgh title (as Philip had wanted) when he becomes King. If this is true, honestly, I'm done with Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307July 11, 2021 1:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308July 11, 2021 1:59 AM

HistoryGal, Cincinnati, United States, 42 minutes ago

Edward deserves it; it won't go over well for Charles if he goes against what's already been planned. What's he hoping to do, give it to Harry when he's on wife #2?

by Anonymousreply 309July 11, 2021 2:04 AM

A major dickhead move on Charles's end, if true. If Roya Nikkhah is reporting it in the Times, it likely is. Not a good look at all for him, going against his mother's and late father's wishes.

The only remote reason I can think of, as to why he'd be putting this out there now, is that he's seriously thinking of taking the HRH from Harry, his wife and kids as well as denying them (the kids) Prince/Princess standing. This move about the Edinburgh dukedom is meant to stay in keeping with that, if-I-take-my-grandkids-royal-titles-I-must-take-Edwards-upgrade kind of thing.

Don't agree with it at all, it isn't what I would do, but I can see this line of thinking coming from Clarence House.

by Anonymousreply 310July 11, 2021 2:09 AM

Let's try this again at r310: if-I-take-my-grandkids-royal-titles-I-must-take-Edwards-upgrade kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 311July 11, 2021 2:14 AM

I give up trying to fix r310, it won't take it.

by Anonymousreply 312July 11, 2021 2:15 AM

Don’t know how much of this is talk, as this story comes via The Times, but there is a rumour about that this was suggested to Roya via surrogates of The-Duo-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Does it make sense that Charles or surrogates of Charles would leak this to The Times? This doesn’t make Charles look good at all. And if Charles was not going to hand Edinburgh to Edward, wouldn’t he just wait for his Mum to pass and do.....nothing? Rather than gab on about it to the press?

Who would be served by this declaration? Certainly not Charles. Nor Edward and Sophie who have seemed to have stepped up to fill the space left by The-Duo-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named?

by Anonymousreply 313July 11, 2021 2:16 AM

The timing of this story is very odd. Edward wouldn't be Duke of Edinburgh until after his mother dies, and that may not be for another 4-5 years, given how long the Queen Mum lived. HM has looked hale and hearty in her last couple of appearances. Even if Charles becomes King next year, why bring this up now?

Also, the only two (unnamed) sources in the article said the following:

[quote]A source told the publication: 'The prince is the Duke of Edinburgh as it stands, and it is up to him what happens to the title. It will not go to Edward.' And another said: 'Edinburgh won't go to them (the Wessexes) as far as the prince is concerned.'

The first source simply says what we already know: The dispersal of the title will be up to Charles, and Edward can't inherit it directly. The second source does say that Edinburgh won't go to Edward, but who is this source? It doesn't even say it's a source close to the Palace.

I'm taking this article with a huge grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 314July 11, 2021 2:17 AM

Charles has nothing to gain by denying his brother Duke of Edinburgh. Edward is already an HRH and has stepped in along with his wife to take on the duties renounced by the Sussexes. Denying Edward his dukedom would only piss off a very dedicated senior royal and also annoy the public.

I don't believe this at all.

by Anonymousreply 315July 11, 2021 2:21 AM

r313 Yup sounds like this story originates with the malicious duo the faux humanitarians.

by Anonymousreply 316July 11, 2021 2:23 AM

r314 I could see the Queen living longer than her mother who made it to nearly 102. I would say around 104 which takes us to 2030.

by Anonymousreply 317July 11, 2021 2:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 11, 2021 2:26 AM

It's Roya Nikkhah on the byline folks. She has inside contacts at all the palaces (BP, CH, KP). She's a well-known royal reporter with good credentials working at the Times, she wouldn't use the Sussexes as sources.

Someone close to Charles or the Queen leaked this to her, with permission to publish. The question is, why, and why now? What's to be gained from it.

by Anonymousreply 319July 11, 2021 2:27 AM

[quote] So much for avoiding him. And remember Charles DID approve of the half in/half out that the Queen, Philip and William all knew would not work. Maybe that IS his plan for the Duke of EB title - is there money attached? Can you imagine if he did give it to Harry after what he did to Philip as he lay dying and after how he acted at the funeral?

Despite his atrocious behaviour, Harry remains the son of Charles.

HOWEVER, if Charles coddles Harry, refuses to grant Edinburgh to Edward and generally acts all stuffy and arrogant as he is, Charles could be playing with Fire.

The British public could revolt.

Charles is teetering on the popular mandate as it stands now.

by Anonymousreply 320July 11, 2021 2:31 AM

All I can think is that Edward and Sophie telling the press that Prince Philip specifically wanted Edward to have his title pissed Charles off. Edward was reportedly Philip's favorite son, and we all know Charles' difficult relationship with his father. I assumed that Edward and Sophie had permission to tell that story to the press, but maybe they just told it as a way of signaling that Edward wanted and expected the title. Charles might not have appreciated that.

I don't know why Charles would make Harry Duke of Edinburgh. Even if Harry came back to the BRF and redeemed himself, he already has a dukedom.

by Anonymousreply 321July 11, 2021 2:33 AM

R297 You don't have to bear allegiance to the Queen to be in the line of succession. It's strictly a matter of who your parents are. There are people scattered all over the world in that line.

Do you think Princess Caroline's husband bears allegiance to the Queen?

Jesus, why is this concept so hard for Americans? It's just a birth line. Do you think Archie bears allegiance to the Queen?! He's two fucking years old. He's the 7th in line because he was born to the sixth in line, that's all.

He could grow up and join the republican movement and if he didn't relinquish his place he'd STILL be 6th in the line.

It has nothing to do with her being born in America. If Kate had given birth prematurely in an emergency whilst on an official visit to, say, Sweden, do you think that kid would somehow not be in the line of succession?!

by Anonymousreply 322July 11, 2021 2:33 AM

FFS...hiw many times?

It’s a HEREDITARY monarchy, not a popularity contest. There is no “popular mandate” and it is impossible to just skip a monarch.

AndI don’t think we give that much of a shit what title Edward gets...certainly not enougjh to demand a referndum on the monarchy over it.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 323July 11, 2021 2:36 AM

You're accepting the word of yet another "source close to" in the fucking Daily Mail??!!

Charles left for Scotland. Hes known the date of the unveiling for years. It was barely a few weeks since Harry trashed Charles's parenting. Never mind the Lilibet fiasco.

And no one, but no one, has ever offered a shred of proof that Charles approved the half-in, half-hour plan. That was all rumour, too. And so is the latest bullshit about the Edinburgh title. That was always set aside for Edward. Charles has two fucking ducal titles.

If Charles had been an ally, why would Harry have fucking trashed his father like he's done at least three times since March?

He's trashing him because his father's gone and won't take his calls and left town on a private basis rather than be around Harry.

Harry is in the.midst of a psychotic break, if you ask me. I think this has gone way past anything rational with Harry and Meghan, and the idea of some one on one dinner with Harry is ludicrous. He could barely control himself at that unveiling.

These "sources close to" are the DM making shit up to keep the pot stirred.

by Anonymousreply 324July 11, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote] It’s a HEREDITARY monarchy, not a popularity contest. There is no “popular mandate” and it is impossible to just skip a monarch.

Indeed R323.

But if a DEEPLY unpopular elder monarch makes many DEEPLY unpopular moves, the populace may very well move the Train on Republicanism.

Especially.....especially if:

1) Some Commonwealth countries are currently considering Republicanism as we speak (with a respected, “popular” Queen)

2) The DEEPLY unpopular monarch is sandwiched between two more popular ones

3) The concept of rule-by-birth decree is outdated in the modern world (especially with idiots like Haz and Andrew in the mix pulling questionably legal antics as we speak...)

🙄

by Anonymousreply 325July 11, 2021 2:52 AM

Charles was getting good PR for his Wales trip. Odd that the story about Edward and the story about Harry stepped on that.

by Anonymousreply 326July 11, 2021 2:55 AM

The lies are coming fast and furious. There is video footage of Harry's arrival just before the ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327July 11, 2021 2:59 AM

Jesus, have you people ever heard of research?!

There is no fucking money, land, or castles associated with these royal dukedoms EXCEPT for the Duchy of Cornwall.

Harry has a ducal title and half the population doesn't think Harry should have even that. Harry's disgraced the family. Why the FUCK would it occur to Charles in his wildest dreams to hand his loyal father's title to the kid widely seen as a traitor??!!

Yeah. The loyal hard working Wessexes are going to get the shaft from Charles. The minute he becomes King, he's going to make Camilla Queen, hand the black sheep of the family a second ducal title that everyone knows really is supposed to go to Edward, and really start his reign off on the right foot.

Christ, even Charles isn't that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 328July 11, 2021 3:00 AM

R323 Yes it's a hereditary monarchy but the institution cannot exist if the public no longer backs it. Honestly, I think the monarchy is in the most dangerous place it has been since the abdication, possibly since the first world war or even since Victoria went into isolation after a decade after Albert's death. Younger people are turning off from royalty at a worrying rate, and it is no longer compatible with the growing "woke" movement across the UK. The old dominions like Canada are knocking down statues of the Queen, Meghan's claims of racism have dug a knife into the institution at a time when we've become hyper racial aware.

I have nothing against Charles because I do think he's chronically misunderstood and he has often been thrown under the bus by members of his own family and the press. But let's be honest, if Charles had married Camilla first and then had an affair with Diana, people wouldn't have the same negative opinion of him. So much of the dislike of him is because he chose a "homely" woman over beautiful, young Diana. But Charles can be grand, self-important, and petty and I do think he has some underlying jealousy of Edward (Edward was much closer to the Queen and Philip and allegedly Philip's second favourite child). The fact it was made clear 20 years ago that Philip wanted Edward to inherit his title, should be a case closed issue. Charles is set to get the "whole bag of tricks" he doesn't need his father's title as well.

The reality is, if it becomes clear that the public will not tolerate Charles as King, the pressure will mount for him to stand aside for William, who IMO, is the last hope for the future of the monarchy. This would be similar to what happened in Spain when it became clear to King Juan Carlos that the monarchy would only stand a chance at surviving if he abdicated in favour of his son.

by Anonymousreply 329July 11, 2021 3:08 AM

I've always had the feeling that the Queen will outlive Charles. She could quite easily live to 102 or 103, and Charles, while the son of two long-lived parents, doesn't look as healthy as either of them.

by Anonymousreply 330July 11, 2021 3:13 AM

VF is one of the Sussex organs.

Anyone watching the video got the real story. The jeering comments below make that clear.

Ffs, Diana's sister quickly ran between them to keep Harry from using William for a photo op that would day All Is Well!

Gosh. which "future head of state" do you think Omid Scobie was fingering in that little piece he dropped at the behest of the Harkles, oh, what was it, a month ago? You know, the one he was hinting at as the family racist?

The father or the brother? Hmmmm.

But right, they were just all loved up 3 weeks later, looking through old family photos. Charles can't wait to make his lying spiteful psycho son a Double Duke, and William the notorious Grudge Holder, and one of those two future heads of state - why, he's forgotten all about that! And about Gayle King getting updates on family phone calls!

William would barely look at Harry during that pathetic and rather grim event.

This is a plant by the Sussex PR. They do this all the time. They know William and Charles aren't going to come out and piss on it.

Yeah

by Anonymousreply 331July 11, 2021 3:15 AM

Charles always hated Andrew and was jealous of him being the Queen's favorite and, in his youth, being so much better-looking than Charles. Maybe he's jealous of Edward, too. Charles was jealous of Diana. It seems to be a big character defect with him which Harry inherited.

by Anonymousreply 332July 11, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote]William would barely look at Harry during that pathetic and rather grim event.

It WAS pathetic and grim, wasn't it? What should have been a touching remembrance of Diana was soured into an abbreviated, sparsely attended farce, the main focus of which was containing the antics of her unstable younger son.

by Anonymousreply 333July 11, 2021 3:20 AM

All these stories seem desperate to me. Desperate in their obvious falsity and puffery. Why would any reputable organization give the Sussexes an award for having 2 kids? Why would Charles want a one-on-one lunch with the son who has repeatedly insulted him over the past year? Why would William spend any private time with his backstabbing younger brother?

This sounds like Meghan and Harry trying to 'manifest' the things they want: big awards for humanitarian and green initiatives, the goodwill of Harry's father, the friendship of Harry's brother. All things they COULD have had if they hadn't spent the last five years acting like total twats.

by Anonymousreply 334July 11, 2021 3:25 AM

R332 IMO in his youth, Edward was the best looking of the three sons & he has aged the best.

by Anonymousreply 335July 11, 2021 3:30 AM

Anne was Philip’s favorite son, R321, everybody knows it.

by Anonymousreply 336July 11, 2021 3:32 AM

R330 Assuming the Queen doesn't get covid or some other serious illness, I think she'll making past 100. I think the issue with Charles is he looks his age, actually somewhat older, and it stands out because his mother and father aged much slower. The Queen looks more like she's in her late 80s not her mid-90s.

by Anonymousreply 337July 11, 2021 3:42 AM

I think we all know that Charles is going to give the Duke of Edinburgh to Camilla. If they refuse to acknowledge her as "Queen" then she will get every other position Charles can bestow.

by Anonymousreply 338July 11, 2021 3:57 AM

What do you mean, refuse to acknowledge her? Camilla is Queen as soon as Charles is King. As the fount of all honors, it would be up to Charles to change that retroactively, and he won't.

by Anonymousreply 339July 11, 2021 4:01 AM

It looks like HM and Philip both had those long telomeres like Queen Victoria. Those people's body clocks just work slower than most.

If Charles didn't get them, he probably won't make it past his mid-80s even with the best diet and healthcare. Sometimes your time is just up.

by Anonymousreply 340July 11, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote]Camilla is Queen as soon as Charles is King.

No, she doesn't automatically become Queen. Currently, she is set to be Princess Consort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341July 11, 2021 4:09 AM

[quote]The fact it was made clear 20 years ago that Philip wanted Edward to inherit his title, should be a case closed issue. Charles is set to get the "whole bag of tricks" he doesn't need his father's title as well.

If he hangs onto the Edinburgh dukedom, it won't be for himself. He want to keep it in his own family line and pass it down through William's children, such as Louis or one of George's offspring. Petty for sure, but I can see Charles doing this.

r341 she will be Queen Camilla the moment the current Queen dies. The "Princess Consort" nonsense was floated years ago, primarily as a sop to a British public still in Diana's thrall. Most of the populace is over that now, the majority will not care that she is Queen despite a few naysayers.

by Anonymousreply 342July 11, 2021 4:12 AM

As soon as HM breathes her last, Charles is King and Camilla is Queen. Charles could immediately issue an announcement that his wife will be styled as Princess Consort, but that's unlikely to happen since Clarence House deleted the Princess Consort thing from its website long ago.

Despite the momentary resurgence of interest in Diana after Season 4 of The Crown, by the time Charles is likely to be King, Diana will have been dead for over 30 years. It would be silly to deny Camilla her rightful title because of a long-dead ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 343July 11, 2021 4:13 AM

That does make sense, R342. Charles is downsizing the BRF to the heir's line only. Charles' logic could be that Edward doesn't need Edinburgh because his line won't be working royals. James isn't even styled as HRH.

Recall that there is a shortage of Royal dukedom names--they had to think hard about which one Harry would get. It's possible that Charles is saving Duke of Edinburgh for Louis. After all of Andrew's shenanigans, it would probably be best to mothball York for a couple of generations.

by Anonymousreply 344July 11, 2021 4:20 AM

That puts Edward and Sophie's interview in a different light, doesn't it? If they feared losing the Edinburgh title, it could have been an effort to shame Charles into giving it to them.

Charles is going to see a lot of pushback from his siblings and his younger son over this downsizing program, but as usual, he's right and not being appreciated for it. Given that he'll have a short reign, it's actually rather selfless of him to push ahead and take the public hits. This ensures that when William inherits, he'll have a streamlined family that will be easier to manage and much less expensive, but he won't have to be the Bad Guy who took away HRHs and dukedoms.

by Anonymousreply 345July 11, 2021 4:23 AM

True r345, but it's a petty look to renege on the promise to Edward. He and Sophie have acquitted themselves admirably, with their work for the Crown and stepping up since Sussexit. Edward has put in hundreds of hours for the Duke of Edinburgh awards, he was close to both his parents and both indicated that they wanted him to eventually be granted Philip's dukedom. Making him Duke doesn't affect the streamlining of the monarchy much. His children would continue to be styled as a non-royal peer's offspring.

by Anonymousreply 346July 11, 2021 4:33 AM

You make a good point, R346. Edward does deserve to be Duke of Edinburgh.

by Anonymousreply 347July 11, 2021 4:46 AM

Oh fuck it’s the “Charles should step aside” troll. I was wondering when you would pop up, R329.

by Anonymousreply 348July 11, 2021 4:52 AM

Prediction: Charles/The Monarchy will face a tremendous backlash if he reneges on Edinburgh for Edward.

Not sure what is up Roya’s Times’ article. Is it crossed wires? Or something more Charles-petty?

by Anonymousreply 349July 11, 2021 4:53 AM

I was surprised the Duke of Edinburgh title story came out in The Times. They are pretty airtight with sources and their lawyers will not let them publish a story like this unless they have solid evidence. The call is definitely coming from inside the house.

If the monarchy is really being streamlined, wouldn’t that rule out Louis getting a royal dukedom? He will be the Edward of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 350July 11, 2021 6:32 AM

The Cambs seem to be quite enlightened parents. Kate is said to be the most hands-on British royal mother in history. I think that they have considered the histories of royal spares, the most spectacular of whom being Harry and Andrew, and resolved to ensure that Charlotte and Louis don't have a similar downward trajectory. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send their children to boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 351July 11, 2021 7:25 AM

It's very apparent that Kate likes kids and engages well with them and is engaged by them. She never seems forced. I like kids too, but it takes energy and patience to engage and it can be boring. William really did hit the jackpot.

by Anonymousreply 352July 11, 2021 8:07 AM

Royal Nikkah has been the royal correspondent for Vanity Fair for ages, and Vanity Fair has been a Sussex mouthpiece from the very beginning.

I'd take this story with a huge grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 353July 11, 2021 8:56 AM

This must have bee her supermodel days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354July 11, 2021 9:43 AM

Yacht daze

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355July 11, 2021 9:45 AM

Funny pics, R354, R355.

She's cross-eyed.

That's her killer blow-job look.

by Anonymousreply 356July 11, 2021 10:16 AM

Those pics are a hoot! She looks really stupid in them.

by Anonymousreply 357July 11, 2021 10:43 AM

She looks like a Chola trying to tone herself down.

by Anonymousreply 358July 11, 2021 11:16 AM

[quote]Someone close to Charles or the Queen leaked this to her, with permission to publish. The question is, why, and why now? What's to be gained from it.

The scuttlebutt has been that Charles' principal preoccupation of late has been getting the agreement of his sons that Camilla [italic]can[/italic] be called Queen, come the day. I suppose he intends to do it but it trying to prevent a leak war marring the beauty of his much dreamed for moment.

I cannot think of a reason why he would see advantage in putting this out there. It muddies the water.

The Queen wouldn't approve a leak. She doesn't need leaks to get things done. Personally I have a difficult time imagining she doesn't find leaks beneath her, but that's pure speculation. A few months into widowhood, she would presumably be very sensitive to anything upending her late husband's wishes.

I'm guessing it was leaked by some courtier, sympathetic to the discreet and helpful work of the Wessexes so far and, perhaps, disapproving of Charles' vision for a slimmed down monarchy.

One of the strengths of the monarchy's perception until the 1990s was its presentation as a family. The other great strength is that of tradition and continuity. There are occasions when the monarch's extended families stands with him or her. And we all know the state of Charles' immediate family. Plus, William seems to be modelling family life on his wife's family... who are all very close and constant companions to one another so, speculating again, would William want to diminish the roles and standing of his own children in future? Charlotte and Louis can't be sent out into the world to become investment bankers... too many professions or working roles are vulnerable to scandal, which would would drag the monarchy into it, even peripherally.

To some degree the apartness protects the members of the family. Compare Anne, Andrew and Edward. Anne's always been a working member of the family and never had a scandal except her modestly messy private life and occasional bad manners. Her son, freed of titles and role, had some minor ones due to appearing to profit off his connections. Edward and Sophie ran into trouble when they tried to live with commercial careers but it all got cleaned up by taking on full time roles for the monarchy. Andrew is in a class by himself. Yes, he has a title and it protected him from nothing but he's such an arrogant, stupid lout his sins reflect more if you want to see what God thinks of money (and access) look at the people he gives it to, rather than anything to do with monarchy. As long as Andrew had privilege of any sort, he'd have found away to fuck up. He appears to lack character and judgement.

It makes no sense to deny the Wessexes, who work consistently on the B team, something it is now expected they will receive and it makes no sense to create division in the family, particularly when he's determined to make Camilla Queen in name as well. I know she's a pretty good egg as an individual but the polls say she's still not managed to transcend the past. Surprises me, but if it's so, it's so and the data says it's so. So you don't pull off an unpopular move by making it harder.

I think somebody's trying to tie Charles' hands. I just don't think it was the Queen. If it was the Wessexes, they are pissed off big time if they leaked it. On the other hand, the story characterises the quoted sources at close to the Prince. Charles' instincts are not infrequently pretty poor. He might well be breaking the bad news now. Still don't see what he thinks he is going to gain by dividing the family. It seems an unnecessary and unkind deprivation of something his parents wanted and his brother was led to expect. But Charles can be a real dope.

by Anonymousreply 359July 11, 2021 11:50 AM

[quote]Oh fuck it’s the “Charles should step aside” troll. I was wondering when you would pop up, [R329].

Which means "this definitely means larger roles for the York girls" troll must not be far behind....

by Anonymousreply 360July 11, 2021 11:51 AM

Just a counterweight to R329, Juan Carlos was accused of financial corruption on a multi-million dollar scale, with a sentimental side of legal but nasty shooting in Africa. Charles, as usual, is basically being accused of being a self-absorbed prat without a clue. (I blame his grandmother, the last of the Edwardians.)

Pretty big leap from A to B, unless you're the "Charles should step aside because William sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" better than Charles sang "Stairway to Heaven" on Sunday night" troll.

by Anonymousreply 361July 11, 2021 11:57 AM

[quote] No, she doesn't automatically become Queen. Currently, she is set to be Princess Consort.

Camilla will be queen...she’ll be the spouse of the king. It’s automatic. She may or may not be STYLED that way. As I have pointed out before, she’s actually the Princess of Wales right now but deliberately not styled that way due to the associations with Diana. It will be the same issue when she’s queen.

To the “popular mandate” cunt who gave himself all the up votes - the relationship we Brits have with OUR monarchy is considerably more complex than...”Oh, I don’t like this bloke, let’s dump the whole thing”. There is no “popular mandate”. Stop talking about things you know absolutely nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 362July 11, 2021 12:12 PM

^ It is the division between seeing them as celebrities and seeing them as the people who populate the structure for head of state in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 363July 11, 2021 12:22 PM

If the Edinburgh thing is true, it's nothing whatsoever to do with Harry. I'd be Team Charles here - what's the point of adding to the hereditary peerage at this stage? No other hereditary peers are being created and will never be. It is sensible to only use titles in the direct line of succession, so they never 'escape', like Kent, Gloucester and Sussex now are doing. Edinburgh would be quite a good one to keep for a grandson/daughter in the line of succession, as it relates to Scotland. Giving it to Edward is pointless. If he really has to be a duke, just upgrade Wessex to a dukedom. There is no sacred body of royal dukedoms - most were created fairly randomly in the 18th-19th centuries because monarchs started to have lots of surviving adult sons.

by Anonymousreply 364July 11, 2021 12:52 PM

Sorry what's the difference between creating a Dukedom of Wessex and granting him the Dukedom of Edinburgh?

by Anonymousreply 365July 11, 2021 1:14 PM

No denial of the story, eh? Then it does look more likely that the Wessexes knew or suspected this was coming and hoped with that interview to perhaps head it off. Does seem unfair if it was agreed to by Charles and his parents years ago. He seems to have terrible instincts about things. Was he jealous of their profile being raised due to the Narkles flouncing? Did/does he hope to bring the Narkles back?

by Anonymousreply 366July 11, 2021 1:54 PM

The Queen can always make Edward some other royal duke, like Duke of Wessex.

by Anonymousreply 367July 11, 2021 2:55 PM

None, R365. If Eddie has to be a duke, upgrade Wessex. (The idea that the public will be up in arms about this is utterly ludicrous, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 368July 11, 2021 3:02 PM

Queen Victoria’s second son Affie was Duke of Edinburgh, maybe Charles wants it for Louis.

by Anonymousreply 369July 11, 2021 3:08 PM

R339 - Yes, Camilla is Queen the moment Charles becomes King. But what she actually GOES BY is another matter. She's also technically Princess of Wales, but she goes by Duchess of Cornwall because Diana was the iconic Princess of Wales, and they wanted to avoid ruffling those sensitivities. So it has been floated that she will, as Queen, instead go by the title Princess Consort.

Yes, it's ridiculous, I don't agree with it myself. After all this bloody time, the woman is Queen Camilla, Diana's been dead almost a quarter of a century, stop playing games.

But obviously there's concern inside the family that although the British public eventually accepted HRH Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Rothesay, Queen Camilla in place of Queen Diana might be a stickier wicket.

Charles, understandably, is keen to have Queen Camilla by his side at the coronation.

This is another good reason for Charles to read the handwriting on the wall and ask his mother to petition Parliament to allow him to remain Duke of Cornwall for the rest of his life, and name his son William as Heir Apparent.

The Queen Camilla issue goes away, the HRHs for the Sussex kids goes away, and the latest fracas about who gets Philip's title goes away, as William is likely to hand the title to his long-patient and unassuming Uncle (and, thus, Aunt Sophie, who is pro-Cambridge-Windsor and anti-Sussex to the max).

It solves a multitude of problems - which is probably why it won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 370July 11, 2021 3:10 PM

r370, You seriously expect us to have a King who is too timid to use the title? haha. r368,If Edward doesn't get DoE, I predict a mass tut from Telegraph readers and a bit of head shaking from the readers of the Times. another PollTax riot situation it will not be.

by Anonymousreply 371July 11, 2021 3:15 PM

If Camilla isn’t crowned queen at the coronation, I wonder if she will bother to wear the velvet and ermine mantle. She might look like her usual self at at a white tie event, with that dumb huge Delhi Durbar diadem splayed across her feathered hair instead of a dignified crown. She’ll probably just sit in the royal box with the rest of the family, that’s very sad. All to appease the Dianastans.

by Anonymousreply 372July 11, 2021 3:23 PM

or all to appease William

by Anonymousreply 373July 11, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote] It solves a multitude of problems - which is probably why it won't happen.

Royalty wants it both ways. They want a hereditary monarchy but when a dim bulb like Charles comes along, they want to figure ways to bypass him.

by Anonymousreply 374July 11, 2021 3:55 PM

Harry did not have a “psychotic break”. A person in the midst of of psychotic episode is not going to be able to attend ceremony or be mentally cognizant enough to sign birth certificate. My patients who’s had history of psychosis, either negative or positive symptoms of psychosis, could not have functioned in daily self-care and hygiene let alone partake in public ceremony after jetting in from abroad if they were experiencing full blown psychotic episode. As someone who diagnoses and treats psych patients, just want to reiterate that not all bad things can be explained by mental illness. Sometimes a shitty person is just a shitty person as Harry is one unfortunately, for him but mostly for his family.

Maybe Harry is dumb enough to sign the birth certificate the way that he did. Another reason could be hubris or feelings of superiority in wanting to preserve last vestiges of royal status. Probably a combination of both, dumb and status-driven condescension.

by Anonymousreply 375July 11, 2021 4:09 PM

I agree that it would be simpler to name Edward Duke of Wessex. It's what they should have done back in 1999, but I suppose nobody thought that Philip would live for another 22 years.

Charles might want Edinburgh for Louis because, given the lifespans of many Windsors, it's entirely possible that Andrew won't be dead when Louis gets married. York won't even be available. However, if Edward wants Edinburgh for sentimental reasons, they could find Louis another title. I'm sure there are a few place names left.

by Anonymousreply 376July 11, 2021 4:10 PM

Charles would never petition his mother to remain Duke of Cornwall. You can't start messing with the succession or it calls the entire point of hereditary monarchy into question. It's why the BRF was so upset when Edward VIII abdicated. Charles will be King if he outlives his mother, no matter what problems it causes.

by Anonymousreply 377July 11, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote]I'm sure there are a few place names left.

He could be Duke of Blackpool.

by Anonymousreply 378July 11, 2021 4:14 PM

Meghan has ghosted another bestie, the canceled Chrissy Tiegen. Apparently, Meghan’s dresms of piggybacking on mean girl Chrissy’s SM fame/ support came to a halt when chronic death wisher Chrissy was finally revealed to be an odious person. Being being associated with an odious person who chronically wished death on others is where she draws the line. Not because of the awful behavior but because she doesn’t want Chrissy’s tainted image to rub off on the Archewell brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379July 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Louis could be Duke of Cleveland, which has been extinct since the late 19th Century. There's also Duke of Inverness, which would be a nice nod to Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 380July 11, 2021 4:19 PM

Hmmm....well, I never, ever thought I’d say this, but I am strongly starting to suspect that Charles is considering abdication.

In the DM there’s a bit about this DoE stuff I missed before - that Charles is reticent about Edward getting the title because he’s “considering his own future”.

Why would Charles need to consider his own future? It’s been mapped out for him since birth. What’s to “consider”.

We have all been assuming that Charles was desperate to be king no matter what. Well, maybe that’s not altogether true. He’s in his 70s now with a mother that may well have another 10 years left in her - so he’d be in his 80s at his coronation.

We don’t know what his health is like....he may have high blood pressure and clogged arteries for all we know. Just because your parents lived to 100 doesn’t automatically mean you will (although it’s more likely). Maybe Charles has some reason to suspect he won’t last as long as Ma & Pa.

A coronation is a big, expensive event. An elderly king means another coronation probably within 10 years or less, which will piss the country off and cast a shadow over William’s own coronation.

It’s also true (and Charles knows this) that a long, long reign offers the country stability and is ultimately better for the monarchy itself. He cannot offer the country that at his age.

Maybe he has made his peace with the idea of stepping aside (or stepping down) for William. Being the monarch is not the fusty/dusty pointless “figurehead” role people think it is...it’s actually quite dynamic and better suited to a young couple in their mid-40s than an elderly man and his equally elderly wife.

Abdication benefits Charles directly by a) allowing him some sort of retirement with his wife, b) stopping him actively waiting for his mother to die so he can have her job and c) allowing him the joy of seeing his son being crowned and being on hand to offer support and advice in the early years of his reign.

Possibly, Charles wants to be the DoE himself as the king’s father. I personally think it would be great for Edward and Sophie to become Duke & Duchess of Windsor...it’s time for those bad associations with the family name to begin being erased.

And another added bonus (for us at least) is that a certain pair of American toddlers will never be prince & princess 😉

So, maybe.....Charles officially abdictates and becomes Duke of Edinburgh (with Camilla as Duchess). William becomes Prince of Wales & takes over the Duchy, and Edward and Sophie get a dukedom, maybe Windsor (and they almost live there anyway).

I don’t want to be screamed at...I am only what-iffing. But it all kind of makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 381July 11, 2021 4:40 PM

Charles want a slimmed-down monarchy - this is extremely well-known. Not having any more royal dukes out of the line of succession is an obvious part of that. I doubt Charlotte and Louis will get this sort of peerage. When he's king and William is Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall, making George Duke of Edinburgh would be a way to bring Scotland into the main line of royal titles.

by Anonymousreply 382July 11, 2021 4:48 PM

Charles has made it clear also that his coronation will be a very slimmed down affair with nothing like extravagant pomp and circumstance of 20th century coronations.

by Anonymousreply 383July 11, 2021 4:52 PM

R379 Meghan, Chrissy and Kim K in the same headline, whew. That’s like the present-day version of the famous photo of Britney, Paris and Lohan.

When are we going to see a picture of Lili? I seem to be the only one asking.

by Anonymousreply 384July 11, 2021 4:53 PM

When has he, R383? And you can’t have a coronation without pomp and ceremony 🙄

But, excuse me, I keep forgetting thag Americans’ are more expert in these matters than actual Brits.

by Anonymousreply 385July 11, 2021 4:56 PM

Am I the only one who isn't that curious about what Lili looks like? I mean, if the pictures are published I guess I'll look at them, but I'm not waiting breathlessly for the reveal.

by Anonymousreply 386July 11, 2021 4:56 PM

There has been chatter that Charles' coronation will be more of a swearing-in, but IDK if he's said anything to that effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387July 11, 2021 5:01 PM

I truly doubt the country will be mad at another coronation in ten years. It’s a huge event and besides, it’s a religious sacrament to the monarch. Regardless of how long ago the prior reign was, it’s expected to happen.

I don’t even think Charles is going to have a year long wait like his mother did, I’m sure the event is already choreographed and planned and just needs to be executed. He’s not getting any younger, waiting a year could have a tragic result. Ever see how beet-red Charles is? He looks like a walking coronary!

by Anonymousreply 388July 11, 2021 5:01 PM

One thing to remember is, young people mature and evolve. I’m sure many in the 60s boomer generation were blasé about the monarchy but grew to appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 389July 11, 2021 5:03 PM

Both Charles and Camilla are known adulterers. Both have behaved disgracefully over the years. Of course, their coronation will be pared down. I don't even think Charles should be anointed with holy water from the River Jordan like his mother was in 1953. He certainly hasn't earned that blessing.

by Anonymousreply 390July 11, 2021 5:11 PM

Charles was already given the water from River Jordan treatment at his baptism, the royal font is filled with water from there.

Annointing is with chrism, an aromatic oil mixture. Not water.

by Anonymousreply 391July 11, 2021 5:15 PM

R390 knows fuck all about British ceremonies, as R391 demonstrates.

by Anonymousreply 392July 11, 2021 5:21 PM

R292 - So I incorrectly typed water instead of oil. You can have me sent to the Tower if you're British or sue me if you're American.

by Anonymousreply 393July 11, 2021 5:36 PM

^ meant R392

by Anonymousreply 394July 11, 2021 5:36 PM

R389, just as a note for consideration in your high dudgeon, but one of the central tenets of Christianity is forgiveness.

So as a matter practicality for the rest of us, and given the number of people who've committed it, adultery might not be the insurmountable capital moral crime you what-if in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 395July 11, 2021 5:55 PM

Sorry, ^ R381.

by Anonymousreply 396July 11, 2021 5:55 PM

Jesus Christ I gotta stop day drinking. I meant R390. Anyway, it's a bunch of rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 397July 11, 2021 5:56 PM

R395 - thank you but I'm still sticking with my original opinion. One can forgive but one never forgets.

by Anonymousreply 398July 11, 2021 6:12 PM

Well, let us know how it turns out back there in 1971.

by Anonymousreply 399July 11, 2021 6:16 PM

I don't understand why one person would ever criticize another for knowing right from wrong. It's true that people are human, have flaws and make mistakes but people with moral integrity are in short supply in today's world. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 400July 11, 2021 6:23 PM

England in a frenzy about football. I wonder if Harry misses all that.

by Anonymousreply 401July 11, 2021 6:50 PM

Harry has GOT to miss The UK. California, with its heat and traffic, it’s ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 402July 11, 2021 7:14 PM

Yesterday, my husband and sat in the Royal Box at Wimbledon watching the Ladies Final, after which I presented the trophy to the winner with the world looking on.

Today we started our day once again in the Royal Box at Wimbledon, this time watching the Men's Final, after which I not only joined William's cousin, the Duke of Kent, for the presentation, but assumed the role of President of the All England Lawn Tennis Club as well.

Immediately following, and with a quick change to another perfectly tailored outfit, our motorcade whisked us off to Wembley Stadium for the Euro 2021 Football Finals where we joined our outrageously photogenic son George in the Royal Box for all the world to witness.

Megs, we're thinking of you and Harry and hoping you're selling lots of bottled water. I do hope that Harry can step away from the chicken coop long enough to at least catch a few minutes of the match.

Speak your truth and live your dream!

Oh, and how are you?

by Anonymousreply 403July 11, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote]Megs, we're thinking of you and Harry and hoping you're selling lots of bottled water.

Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 404July 11, 2021 7:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405July 11, 2021 7:49 PM

William has a handsome profile.

by Anonymousreply 406July 11, 2021 10:18 PM

I’m still laughing about Harry’s name on Lilibet’s birth certificate. I cannot believe they did that.

by Anonymousreply 407July 12, 2021 12:22 AM

“ Annointing is with chrism”

I’d prefer jism.

by Anonymousreply 408July 12, 2021 12:23 AM

Adultery might be understandable, but I can’t forgive Charles for basically abandoning his kids immediately after their mother’s death to get his freak on with Camilla.

He might as well be living in a trailer in Ass Boil, Alabama with that kind of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 409July 12, 2021 12:30 AM

If I had ovaries they'd be melting right now....love William hugging George here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 12, 2021 12:37 AM

When is the shitty Lifetime movie about their lives coming on?

You know that we'll all be watching it!

by Anonymousreply 411July 12, 2021 12:39 AM

Explain, R409. If that had occurred, you can be sure Harry would have added it to his list of grievances.

by Anonymousreply 412July 12, 2021 12:39 AM

Except he hardly abandoned them r409. How many families went through the same circumstances in history with the children adapting favourably in time to the circumstances before them? Millions? Yes, probably millions. Men widowed at a young age more often than not remarry, as do some widowed women.

Both sons are known to like Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 413July 12, 2021 12:39 AM

What will the movie be called, "Merching Victimhood?"

by Anonymousreply 414July 12, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote]The scuttlebutt has been that Charles' principal preoccupation of late has been getting the agreement of his sons that Camilla can be called Queen, come the day. I suppose he intends to do it but it trying to prevent a leak war marring the beauty of his much dreamed for moment.

HE DOES NOT NEED TO GET THEIR AGREEMENT. He can call Camilla "Queen Camilla" if he so wishes, with absolutely no needed input from his sons or anyone else. It will be her default title, the day the current Queen passes. Charles will only need to proclaim that she will be called something else if they so choose.

He has no preoccupation with William or Harry's approval of Camilla, for anything. The time for that approval was years ago, before he married her. Robert Lacey is the one promoting this silly theory, and he is off his gourd to even propagate it.

by Anonymousreply 415July 12, 2021 1:13 AM

Charles and Camilla should style themselves however the fuck they want. Some people will bitch for a little bit and then they’ll accept it, or at least get bored and move on to another outrage. That’s how things go these days.

by Anonymousreply 416July 12, 2021 1:17 AM

Queen Mary at R415, how do you know what Charles preoccupations are? Camilla Parker Bowles dominated the adult life of this spoiled, self-indulgent man. It is somehow unreasonable he should be reported to be preoccupied with a crazy bid to make sure his sons are briefing against her when he seeks to make his dreams come true? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. But I only look at the facts. You seem to know these people personally, so I defer to you.

(I have long had a policy of not making eye contact with the crazy.)

by Anonymousreply 417July 12, 2021 1:24 AM

Im just a stupid Canadian and I would love to be in Europe in a football stadium with my face painted or even in a pub filled with lots of other rowdy fans having a wild time watching the games.

I cant imagine how Dimwit is feeling in California where people dont give too much of a shit about football, watching Tom Cruise, Beckham, Kate, Willz and Georgie in the VIP box that he surely would have sat in too.

Megz is probably pissed she didnt get a chance to spread her bony toothpicks for Cruise and Beckham.

by Anonymousreply 418July 12, 2021 1:28 AM

I think Meghan would have made a great wife for Tom Cruise. Not even kidding.

by Anonymousreply 419July 12, 2021 1:35 AM

Tom Cruise & his cohorts would so have her killed. She is the original 'loose lips sink ships' Think Sciento. would let her rain on their parade??

As my Italian mother used to say..With that mouth her head is going to wind up in a trunk of a car.

by Anonymousreply 420July 12, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote]I think Meghan would have made a great wife for Tom Cruise.

But she wanted children to secure the alimony and child support, and that would have meant Tom would have had to go 'there' ....

by Anonymousreply 421July 12, 2021 1:48 AM

But if she could have worked the movie-career angle as well as Nicole Kidman did....

by Anonymousreply 422July 12, 2021 2:00 AM

The difference is, Nicole actually can act.

by Anonymousreply 423July 12, 2021 2:03 AM

Nicole was still an unusual type at the start. A corkscrew-haired redhead Aussie who'd starred in an Aussie boat movie. She was talented, but it seemed to me she was also made to happen.

by Anonymousreply 424July 12, 2021 2:05 AM

I think I love your mother, R420. My grandmother used to say, "some people are like that."

by Anonymousreply 425July 12, 2021 2:13 AM

The day that the current Queen passes what, R415?

Wind? A kidney stone? A slowly driven Audi in the overtaking lane on the M1?

Her Majesty will never “pass”. She will, however, “die”. As will you, me and everybody else.

I don’t know HM but I do know that the English upper classes don’t have a lot of time for ridiculous American euphemisms like “pass”.

Dead. Die. Died. We are all going to do it.

by Anonymousreply 426July 12, 2021 2:45 AM

R418, and it’s not as if he’d be allowed to have some expat buddies over to the house for a watch party. Even if there were a gathering in his deluxe screening room, she’d be preening and demanding attention from the men.

And the fun of watching a match is going to a bar and screaming your head off with a bunch of other drunk people (or so I understand; I don’t care to watch football).

Plenty of people here in Manhattan were watching, but we have lots of global diversity (Irish at the pub, Serbian doorman, bunch of South American delivery guys in the plaza, the guys in the pizzeria on the corner, etc. Lots of cheering from the outdoor seating.)

Is Montecito… integrated in that particular way?

by Anonymousreply 427July 12, 2021 2:45 AM

r379 Why does malicious Meghan need someone to mediate between her and Kim Kardashian?

by Anonymousreply 428July 12, 2021 3:29 AM

This week William played in a polo charity match and then goes to Wimbledon and then to the football. Harry must be having a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 429July 12, 2021 3:42 AM

So if titles are automatic, why was Philip not styled as King?

by Anonymousreply 430July 12, 2021 3:47 AM

R427 - Montecito doesnt seem to be too culturally diverse like a lot of big cities or even a younger crowd. Quick glance on wiki has it 92% white, median age of 50, 56% are over 45. Does Harry even honestly have any friends there? You never see him out in public with anyone but her.

by Anonymousreply 431July 12, 2021 4:08 AM

R430, that's a complicated question with a history. The spouse of a British King is a Queen Consort (unless she was previously a Queen herself in her own right). The spouse of a British Queen -- well, that has to be worked out. When Albert married Victoria he expected to become King. But Parliament was fearful of allowing a German Prince to become King Consort because at the time in Britain there was no distinction between King and King Consort. You were King or you weren't and Parliament wasn't having German King that they hadn't themselves appointed/imported.

Of course, this a big simplification but overall it's the backstory.

by Anonymousreply 432July 12, 2021 4:14 AM

[quote]Does Harry even honestly have any friends there?

No, that's why he has to beg disc jockeys to ride dune buggies with him. He has zero friends, mates or casual acquaintances.

by Anonymousreply 433July 12, 2021 4:16 AM

You think she would have listened to Scientology and not done her own thing? Remember, she always thinks she knows best.

by Anonymousreply 434July 12, 2021 4:16 AM

I really wonder what the hell PH does all day. Play with his kid? Walk on the beach with his dog? Get drunk on perceived injustice and hatch new plots with his wife?

by Anonymousreply 435July 12, 2021 4:19 AM

How quickly you forget that he has a full-time job as Chief Impact Officer!!!

by Anonymousreply 436July 12, 2021 4:22 AM

I think he gets loaded a lot.

by Anonymousreply 437July 12, 2021 4:22 AM

Harry's Memoirs: Montecito Life.

Chapter 1) I have a large gold picture frame with two photos in it: one of Meghan's freckled pussy and another with her bunions. Megzy hates her feet but I think they are just gorgeous.

Chapter 2) Its pretty boring all day on parental leave but I get to help the nannies with the kids while Megzy blows a Brazilian. Or gets Brazilian blow-outs. I cant remember which one.

Chapter 3) I had to fly back home to unveil a statue of mummy. It was traumatic flying into the UK again, so I got some uppers. I dont think anyone noticed at the unveiling, even though I felt like I was talking a lot. I played it cool.

by Anonymousreply 438July 12, 2021 4:36 AM

[quotes] I really wonder what the hell PH does all day.

Watches his stories. Don’t underestimate the power of the American soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 439July 12, 2021 5:27 AM

M describes herself as having "legs for days."

This photo proves that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440July 12, 2021 7:32 AM

Interesting that there is not one person in that picture who is looking at Snarkle.

by Anonymousreply 441July 12, 2021 7:40 AM

She looks FTM.

by Anonymousreply 442July 12, 2021 7:46 AM

Naomi Campbell has legs for days. MM, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 443July 12, 2021 8:07 AM

Meghan has wheelchair legs. She's also only 5'1" what an embarrassing fib.

by Anonymousreply 444July 12, 2021 8:52 AM

She invited herself to this, no one knew who she was. That is why no one is checking her out.

by Anonymousreply 445July 12, 2021 8:59 AM

“Twigs for days,” R440.

by Anonymousreply 446July 12, 2021 9:44 AM

she’s got a crazy looking second toe too

by Anonymousreply 447July 12, 2021 9:47 AM

Funniest thing I ever heard on DL was about Sparkle's legs.

"I've seen better legs hanging over the sides of a nest."

by Anonymousreply 448July 12, 2021 9:51 AM

Wardrobe by TJ Maxx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449July 12, 2021 9:59 AM

The Edinburgh story comes out shortly after Harry goes back to America. It sticks it to Edward and Sophie (the replacements for Harry and Meghan). And it sticks it to Charles, making him look vain and spiteful (because Charles doesn5 have enough titles, right?) - Charles , who won't take Harry's calls, left town when Hsrry came to town, and won't fork over any more money.

Let's say the TIMES had what it thinks is a believable source. But the Palace has refused comment, there is no way to check the story because no one who reallly knows would talk to a journo about it.

Unless it was someone who fed the story to Harry (like his "dear cousin" Eugenie). Or Harry heard it bandied about before Meghan entered the scene and decided it would be another nice embarrassing moment for the BRF, after another frosty reception.

Charles can slin down the working royals quite easily over the years without depriving his brother (who was is already an HRH and Prince, remember), without depriving Esward of the title whose disposition has been an understanding for 20 years. And the fact is, the Wessexes are and have been and have before them many years of working hard and selflessly for the.monarchy. William's oldest is only 8 years old. The Wessexes are needed.

This has nothing to do with slimming down the.monarchy. Harry's kids not getting HRHs does that. But Edward was born royal just as Harry was. The ducal title is an add-on. It doesn't "slim down" anything to withhold it.

The story reeks of a nasty plant from a Sussex mole with enough credibility to get the TIMES to print it.

As the Palace has refused to comment, it's obvious it's intended as revenge on the Wessexes and on Charles.

The fact that Charles's relationship with his father wasn't a Father's Day card doesn't mean he didn't love his father. The title going to Edward was clearly Philip's wish and that IS publicly known. Straight from Edward.

Why in hell, then, would Charles want to get into the weeds with this?!

This is a good piece of more sabotage of Charles by his son. No one in Charles's inner circle would ever have given this to the press. And it puts the boot in a bit to Edward and Sophie for supplanting the higher ranking Sussexes.

Sorry, this one smells. And believe nothing VF prints. They are the ones who did the hatchet job on Kate last year. They are Sussex outlets.

I would put money on Charles fulfilling his late father's wish, and on that story on VF about the boys putting their feud to bed via the Diana unveiling as made up out of whole cloth as a favour to Harry, who was probably both enraged and humiliated by what the public saw at that UK unveiling.

The Sussex M.O. is always to utilise the Big Lie technique and shrug and move on when it's exposed as a lie.

That's what both these stories are. Oh, and the one on one dinner/lunch Charles "planned" but somehow wasn't around for.

All briskly practiced dirty pool by Sunshine Sachs and the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 450July 12, 2021 10:34 AM

It seems perfectly reasonable to want to keep the highest well-established Scottish title available for use within the main line of the family. William would probably have been duke of Edinburgh, rather than Cambridge, if it had been possible. If it goes to Edward, that's it - gone for decades, if not forever. With the possibility of Scottish independence still in the air, it makes even more sense (the current Scottish nationalist position is that the monarch would remain, just as king of Scotland when in Scotland).

by Anonymousreply 451July 12, 2021 11:07 AM

Yeah, VanityFair gave Meghan a cover when no one had even heard of her. They pushed to make her happen, and she did.

by Anonymousreply 452July 12, 2021 11:44 AM

I'm suddenly thinking I get the quid pro quo for the Vanity Fair cover.

by Anonymousreply 453July 12, 2021 12:09 PM

R430... it is not complicated. You make it sound as if whenever there is a reigning queen there's a debate over whether her husband will be a king. There isn't. There was no such debate over Prince Albert. He was titled Prince Consort - the title usually given to the husband of a reigning queen.

A man only becomes a king when he succeeds to the throne. He doesn't marry it.

The last time Parliament intervened in the succession to the throne was the Act of Settlement in 1701, which with no natural heir to the throne brought in the Germans to secure protestant succession to the throne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 12, 2021 12:26 PM

That Vanity fair cover was astonishing to me. It told us everything we needed to know.

by Anonymousreply 455July 12, 2021 12:57 PM

Mary I was the first woman to rule officially in England. She married her much younger cousin Philip of Spain who was king in England. Parliament did get involved in staring he could not rule separately from him. However coins were issued with both their images, they gave royal assent together, and he presided over the Privy Council in Mary's absence. This is so upsetting for the British ( that a Spanish Catholic would be joint monarch) that this purged from most historical accounts. During Queen Jane's nine day reign her husband demanded to be made king. This did not happen but he styled himself that and presided over the Privy Council. So male consorts of reigning queens in England and later UK are a problem. (Oddly Queen Anne's drunk husband was not. Mary II's husband co-reigned but he was a first cousin and in the standard line of succession after Ann and his army and navy were needed to secure their throne.) The "problem" was finally put to rest with Albert. There were to be no more king-consorts who might claim to be co-rulers.

by Anonymousreply 456July 12, 2021 1:23 PM

That Wembley footage made me realize how lovely it is to see a functional family unit in a prominent place within the BRF. Whatever private squabbles William & Kate may have, they behave as affectionate adults in public and their kids are happy. Well done, Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 457July 12, 2021 1:33 PM

I don't know why some people are still pushing the Charles-desperate-to-make-Camilla-Queen thing. Camilla is automatically Queen when HM dies. Charles can style her differently if he chooses, but we know he won't choose to. He doesn't need his sons' permission nor does he need their approval. It would be pointless to try: William won't interfere and Harry won't approve of anything Charles does unless that thing is signing a big fat check for the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 458July 12, 2021 1:35 PM

That point has been made several times. But thanks for saying it again.

by Anonymousreply 459July 12, 2021 2:08 PM

The Times is never reliable as far as the Royal family is concerned. When Rupert Murdoch first moved to the UK, he pushed desperately to destroy the royals - he has always been a rabid anti-monarchist. He wants to be King. When it turned out the royals were more popular than Rupert was, he moved on to the US where effectively he became President through his ringer Trump. Trump has never been anything but Murdoch's frontman.

The Charles/Duke of Edinburgh story stinks of Markle and Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 460July 12, 2021 2:21 PM

R460- I agree that this has the stinks of M&H. They are probably both in narc rage because they have no path back to TRF and they know it. Something is very off about the newborn daughter as well. I have kept an open mind about the surrogate rumors, but I must admit that it appears to be more valid everyday. Also, Doria was photographed moving things out if Gaye's house this weekend. No one believes they own or are living in the Montecito monstrosity. As we know, OW, GK, Doria, and MM have all been members of the Agape cult, I mean church for years. MM and Doria are lifelong grifters, Doria having spent time in jail. How TRF allowed this trash past the gates of KP I will never understand. Harry has lost everything and I am sure that is finally sinking into his thick brain. He may be realizing what she has cost him and he will of course take no responsibility himself. Wherever they are crashing, it must be miserable there.

by Anonymousreply 461July 12, 2021 2:37 PM

R438, “…blows a Brazilian…” What a slut!….How many is a Brazilian?

by Anonymousreply 462July 12, 2021 2:59 PM

Prostitution white! 😂 Where is little Lilli-bucks? Even the sugars are getting upset because she hasn't been seen. No pics, not even a toe it finger.

by Anonymousreply 463July 12, 2021 3:03 PM

R463- Whore, damn autocorrect trying to clean up my profanity!

by Anonymousreply 464July 12, 2021 3:04 PM

R461, where are the photos of Doria moving out of Gayle’s place?

by Anonymousreply 465July 12, 2021 3:30 PM

Philip's role wasn't 'purged from most historical accounts', R456. If anything, it was used as a terrible warning if the ruler marries a Catholic (even though we now know he was a moderating influence at that point and thought all the burnings a bad idea in practice - he had no objection to burning heretics in principle, of course). In the medieval period and in the 16th century, men who married ruling queens became kings - it happened routinely, in the Spanish kingdoms, in Scotland (Darnley was named king) and so on. What actual power they had was subject to negotiation. The break in England and Scotland came with Anne, in circumstances that remain historically under-analysed. It still happened in Europe though - Maria I of Portugal's husband was named king and actually did most of the ruling (he was also her uncle and she was bonkers).

by Anonymousreply 466July 12, 2021 3:35 PM

Serene Doria has received quite the free pass in this whole thing. TRF gets trashed, Doria remains untouched.

Also bewildering is the fact that MegTungsten has to know TRF and their MI6 or whoever has a file on her and know all her secrets yet she had no fear or hesitation throwing them all under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 467July 12, 2021 3:39 PM

R467, I think she has the assurance of mutual destruction. But she’ll actually take it to the mat if she has to. She has less to lose than the BRF. She holds the trump/race card.

And this all reminds me of what Josephine Hart wrote: “Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.”

by Anonymousreply 468July 12, 2021 3:49 PM

The multiple articles about Kate reaching to Meghan are interesting. Meghan wants to be seen as Royal again and the only way is to patch up her relationship with Kate. Kate probably doesn't answer her calls and doesn't care to see the new baby girl.

IMO they're broke. They only produced 1 podcast in a year. They're trying to buy time with their parental leave but everybody can see there's a problem.

If they keep going like this, no money, bad rep and W&K being Uk's darlings, their marriage won't survive. They gonna blame each other and Harry will be back to UK, begging daddy and Will to let him be a working Royal again.

Charles will agree, William will keep ignoring him.

by Anonymousreply 469July 12, 2021 3:57 PM

Yep, when things get dire, they'll turn on each other. There's no real love or loyalty there, as both Harry and Meghan are too damaged to feel either emotion.

by Anonymousreply 470July 12, 2021 3:59 PM

I think Harry really loves her and the kids, Meghan loves being a Duchess/Royal.

Nevertheless Harry is the weak link, if it's becoming financially too difficult, he'll go back to daddy. And his mental health is concerning, if he has a massive mental breakdown, Meghan won't take care of him.

Meghan can always marry some Russian Oligarch or Chinese Tycoon and be a trophy wife.

by Anonymousreply 471July 12, 2021 4:13 PM

I don't think she will have a particularly easy time finding another victim, R471. She is disloyal and vindictive. She ain't that much of a trophy, she is not as attractive as she was on Suits, she is 40, she has 2 little kids and she is disruptive and troublesome.

by Anonymousreply 472July 12, 2021 4:21 PM

The kids will be no problem for her - off to boarding school with them.

by Anonymousreply 473July 12, 2021 4:22 PM

I think she can get some 70 years old Russian Oligarch who won't care she's a 40+ twice divorcee. All he gonna see is Duchess + BRF's link.

by Anonymousreply 474July 12, 2021 4:24 PM

Or some Saudi prince being enticed (and aroused) by the fact he can put his dick into a snatch formerly humped by a member of the most famous royal family in the entire world.

by Anonymousreply 475July 12, 2021 4:26 PM

I don't worry for Meghan, she will always find a way. Harry on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 476July 12, 2021 4:27 PM

She has no link to the BRF, R474. Most wealthy men are not going to want an older woman who is a chaos vector and who is likely to cause problems in their life. She is trouble with a capital T and she is now middle aged. There are plenty of prettier, younger women who are discrete and loyal.

by Anonymousreply 477July 12, 2021 4:30 PM

Her finding a rich dupe willing to take on a harridan is probably as likely as those A list franchises she claimed were coming her way. Rich men want discrete, young and pretty. Markle is disruptive, middle aged and a HUGE PITA.

by Anonymousreply 478July 12, 2021 4:32 PM

Post-Harry, I can see her like post-divorce Angelina; staged pap walks with the kids looking sad without Dad, shots in some sort of humanitarian role (but not volunteering with the homeless in LA - yuck!) and numerous "links with whoever is the fresh young thing of the day (Harry Styles, Weeknd), all with the bewildered denials from whoever her new target is.

by Anonymousreply 479July 12, 2021 4:34 PM

Some weirdo Saudi prince will - literally - pay for humping her snatch once. She will convert to Islam since she hasn't got any problems with changing the religion - she's been changing them like her underwear. She'll get a major sum of money to get humped once (literally, see above), then for parading with hubby once in a while. I wouldn't put it past her to get another child - a boy, for obvious reasons - via IVF despite being pretty old by then, but hey, look what Janet Jackson did.

by Anonymousreply 480July 12, 2021 4:38 PM

If she gets involved with the Russians or the Saudis, it's a fatal mistake. They literally see women as disposable and would have no problem murdering a wife who stepped out of line. She'd better stay with Western targets.

by Anonymousreply 481July 12, 2021 5:26 PM

With her delusions of grandeur she very likely thinks she can outsmart everything and everyone.

by Anonymousreply 482July 12, 2021 5:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483July 12, 2021 5:59 PM

Meghan post-divorce won't remarry. She'd lose her title. That's all she's got to make $$$ off.

Is Doria in some kind of sect? I read Meghan lived with her father for most of her childhood which seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 484July 12, 2021 6:01 PM

I don’t think Me! liked being a royal, I think she likes being rich and famous. The work of being a royal is beneath her she thinks, she wants to be Bono. She doesn’t want to be The Countess of Wessex cutting ribbons of children’s wards at hospitals in The UK.

Doria spent time in jail?!! When, why? Also, is Doria a lez?

by Anonymousreply 485July 12, 2021 6:01 PM

Doria has a lez vibe.

She was absent when Meg was a teen, she told her school friends Doria was a supermodel, always travelling. I don't know what she tried to cover tho.

by Anonymousreply 486July 12, 2021 6:05 PM

R486 There is a rumour Doria was in jail for tax evasion or something when Meghan was a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 487July 12, 2021 6:08 PM

Harry actually did them a favor by helping to prune the Royal tree a bit more. He and Meghan aren't really needed: Edward and Sophie, the youngest of the older generation, can easily handle Royal duties until William's children are of age. The BRF isn't doing so many patronages anymore, anyway.

Of course, the way in which he resigned did nobody any favors, including himself. But the long-term effects for the BRF will be beneficial.

by Anonymousreply 488July 12, 2021 6:12 PM

Vanity Fair which has turned into the Harkles' mouthpiece is claiming Harry and William's relationship is just fine now - which after the Diana statue unveiling is obviously a lie. So the Harkles want people to think they're still very much part of the royal family. Something backfired with their plans.

by Anonymousreply 489July 12, 2021 6:19 PM

We'll never where she was but I doubt she was in jail.

Perhaps they were her coming out years.

by Anonymousreply 490July 12, 2021 6:20 PM

R489 Also explain all the articles about Kate reaching to Meghan.

No UK media reported it, they know it's a lie and they won't help the Harkles PR, specially when it's so obviously false.

by Anonymousreply 491July 12, 2021 6:23 PM

R480 I can see her whoring herself for a night here and there, but let’s be real, how much could she possibly get? My guess is the going rate is anywhere from $50,000 to $500,000, but she’s old, ugly and a troublemaker, so I’ll put her on the lower end of the scale. She’ll never get a top dog, maybe an oligarch’s wayward nephew or a prince’s 43rd son. It won’t provide her the lifestyle she so desperately wants.

I don’t think she’ll marry again (like R484 said, loss of titles) but I do think she’ll ultimately end up with a series of trashy grifters like herself. Men like Zsa Zsa Gabor’s “prince” husband. That’s her level. They’ll grift together.

by Anonymousreply 492July 12, 2021 6:25 PM

R484 Doria is allegedly part of the Agape cult in LA. Tt's run by Michael Beckwith of "The Secret" fame. You can actually see Harry and Meghan try to manifest things in their lives, except it has often backfired on them.

by Anonymousreply 493July 12, 2021 6:25 PM

R461/R467

How did they let her past the gates and into the British Royal Family? I have to assume that British Intelligence - MI5 (domestic) and MI6 (foreign) - services have investigated Meg and the Markles and that nothing so damning was found about her or them that would cause the RF to prevent Harry from marrying her: perhaps embarrassing info like her fractured family, yachting, and the like but nothing like the cascade of revelations that have been revealed since she married Harry.

Is British intelligence that bad or is the RF exceptionally tolerant?

by Anonymousreply 494July 12, 2021 6:27 PM

They thought Meghan would behave and Harry was probably blackmailing them and playing the race card.

Too bad, they should have let fleet street kill her (metaphorically) when she was still one of Harry's many gfs.

by Anonymousreply 495July 12, 2021 6:32 PM

They let Antony Armstrong-Jones in, and he was fucking anything that threw a shadow. He went through 3 different best men before the wedding because the first two had gay scandals attached to their names, and that was a big fucking deal in 1960. He was also untitled and worked for a living, which was possibly an even bigger deal back then.

When you have a discontented spare who needs to get married, like, NOW, I guess you can't be too picky . . .

by Anonymousreply 496July 12, 2021 6:49 PM

She sold herself to them- she desperately wanted in and made it seem like she would be a modernizing, black, tremendous team player. The Royal Family is not now and will never be street smart.

I love the Teigen, Kardashian, Markle trio- they are truly street smart. They're not traditionally beautiful, not white, classless, poorly educated (save Meghan, but she likely exaggerated) and they've social climbed like Sir Hillary. They are the true champions of our American era- like Carnegie or Rockefeller once were.

by Anonymousreply 497July 12, 2021 6:58 PM

^They're prostitution whores.

(And fame whores, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 498July 12, 2021 7:08 PM

Kardashian is white and comes from money, I would not call her street smart, more business savy.

Meghan had a good education and a first husband who gave her a career. Not street smart but overly ambitious and arrogant.

Teigen is a fame-whore and lucky to have married a rich guy.

by Anonymousreply 499July 12, 2021 7:10 PM

R499, Kardashian is half Armenian, and frankly not many WASPs would claim her. She's absolutely street smart! Porn tape into million dollar empire! That's essentially whore into entrepreneur.

Clearly, Meaghan hustled - briefcase girl, Law & Order lingerie stills. The husband clearly helped with Suits, but even landing him betrays a savvy.

Teigen absolutely parlayed her fat tits into a real career through marriage.

Do you not consider gold digging a form of street smarts? It's the oldest form in existence.

by Anonymousreply 500July 12, 2021 7:17 PM

Harry apparently told the queen that he'd say the family was racist if she refused permission.

It seems clear that even if they had absolute proof she was a Russian/Chinese/Iranian/alien lizard person agent or something Harry wouldn't believe it and claim they were out to get poor, innocent Meghan. Just like they killed his mother. Or something. Even William telling him to slow down because they weren't even living on the same continent kick started the current feud.

I'm not sure they was much they could have done, even if a lot of murky things were revealed. And Meghan did use the words "team player" for about 30 seconds. Also the fact that she was biracial was apparently a mark in her FAVOUR so they fast tracked her to some big patronages and hoped she'd settle down. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 501July 12, 2021 7:23 PM

For me street smart is someone like Richard Bronson. Someone who builds a legit empire from nothing.

Meghan, Kardashian and Co, are hustlers and modern day courtisans. They get rich but not respected.

by Anonymousreply 502July 12, 2021 7:24 PM

R502, alright, I feel you. Yours is the better analogy. I'm just in awe of how high these ladies have flown, on simply grit and guile. They're very good with people.

by Anonymousreply 503July 12, 2021 7:34 PM

They're very good at using people. Not quite the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 504July 12, 2021 7:39 PM

I finally watched the statue unveiling (I was on vacation when it happened). Harry looked terrible, and he's too fat to button his jacket (he was even holding his stomach, a la Megs, when he walked into the garden). Plus there was an unseemly yank on his trousers to pull them up. Weird.

He kept wiping his nose with his finger, which either indicates allergies or a coke habit.

Does anyone have a link that shows what happened when he was with his aunts? The accounts on DL said that the second aunt gave him a dirty look, but what I found on YT was his interaction with his first aunt (she says something to him and he fake kisses her again instead of responding) and then there is a quick camera cut to where William is. Harry is not seen again for several minutes until he enters the frame where William is. According to the DL, he was acting inappropriately.

by Anonymousreply 505July 12, 2021 7:39 PM

He was high as a kite, fairly inappropriate for his mother's statue unveiling.

William must hate his guts for behaving so childishly during Diana's hommage in front of the press, I would if he was my brother.

by Anonymousreply 506July 12, 2021 7:48 PM

Latest from River

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507July 12, 2021 8:36 PM

Did River call Haz a "pube head" towards then end? lol

by Anonymousreply 508July 12, 2021 8:52 PM

Post-divorce Megster glomming onto a magnate is an easy bet. She’s used men as springboards her entire adult life. But this end game could get uglier - much uglier - in the darker shadows of the palace.

The Queen is the head of state. She still receives security briefings from the PM. I can’t imagine that she’d spill juicy secrets to her charming, mischievous grandson (or anyone) but around her swirl a battalion of palace pros who pick up interesting bits of stuff here and there. How much did H ingratiate himself into those circles? How much did he know when he disembarked from his homeland? How much has he shared with Megs? What deeply hidden, deeply embarrassing, deeply hurtful secrets of the BRF does H know and what has he spilled to her? The sort of juices that make accusations of racism and misogyny pale in comparison.

When this saga comes to a head, she will be highly vulnerable to evil doers (nods to the original W - Shrub) with nefarious intentions who could attempt to pry whatever nuggets they can about the most famous royal family in the world. Even stale gossip about another head of state and family can be enough to convince the oligarchs, sheiks, and/or criminal networkers to shell out enormous piles of money. Ultimately she may not have to spread those legs-for-minutes to be springboarded once again into the elite of the elite and finally (finally!) land herself on Geffen’s yacht, not as an hors d'oeuvre but as an invited guest.

If I’m MI6, I’ve already worked the legal approvals needed to start surveillance. I don’t know if a foreign service can wiretap an American citizen legally without a warrant. Perhaps that don’t care. Perhaps it’s already begun.

by Anonymousreply 509July 12, 2021 9:51 PM

I doubt Harry knows anything beyond gossip about his family. Even that will be stale in a few more years.

by Anonymousreply 510July 12, 2021 10:33 PM

Harry's dumb as shit. he doesn't know anything. If there are any national security issues, they'll go from the British govt straight to Biden. I predict Biden will be giving the Harkles the cold shoulder. The Obamas already have.

by Anonymousreply 511July 12, 2021 10:52 PM

Do you think William showered with them and presented hole as a way of showing his support?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512July 12, 2021 11:03 PM

River is quite worked up over William's statement. I think it was related to the Football League's previous boycott of social media due to racism, around the time of Charlotte's bday. William is the president of the league.

I do think it opens the door to criticism every time he does not make a statement. And it has certainly stirred up the sugars.

by Anonymousreply 513July 12, 2021 11:27 PM

This is the boycott info^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 12, 2021 11:47 PM

Having George there, so excited and into it, was a masterstroke. Everybody will remember that. The kid's excitement... fucking masterstroke.

Take that, Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 515July 12, 2021 11:47 PM

BG latest:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516July 12, 2021 11:52 PM

I truly doubt The Queen spills state secrets with anyone in the family, she’s a consummate professional. If there were any risk of this the various divorcees like Diana, Sarah, Autumn etc would be huge liabilities.

by Anonymousreply 517July 13, 2021 2:01 AM

I did not write that the Queen would divulge anything. I wrote that Harry was in a position to pick up, overhear, dish with various players in the royal circles.

Diana and Sarah didn’t resign from the firm while still married to their respective princes and their princes didn’t abdicate their positions. Diana remained at KP after the divorce, while Sarah flitted around for several years only to eventually end up living with Andrew again. While each had/have, arguably, mental health challenges and were surely not pleasant to everyone all the time, neither faced the extreme accusations and investigations that Megs is now staring down.

She is inarguably unstable, unethical, and unpredictable. If she (and so far, he) starts going scorched earth, then selling info to oligarchs or sheiks for 7-8 figures would be a no-brainer. Recall that during their Canadian stopover, they stayed in a bigass house courtesy of a Russky oligarch. While still in England, at Charles’ birthday celebration, she chose to wear gaudy diamond earrings gifted to her by MBS after she knew of Khashoggi’s murder. She’s publicly communicated that she’s for sale to the highest bidder.

Then again, Harry may indeed be too dull to recall or pick up key info if it was too subtly implied from his sundry contacts, had any been offered. But would SIS leave that to chance? And I know nothing about Autumn.

by Anonymousreply 518July 13, 2021 3:18 AM

Hmmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519July 13, 2021 3:34 AM

R519 I would not be surprised if this were true, New Idea is a trash Aussie tabloid. That being said, if this were to happen it just proves they have nothing of value to offer and while it might play better in America, increasingly the UK public have had enough. In the (nearly two weeks) since the Diana statue, increasingly the media focus in the UK is moving on for H&M. Also if this were true, the royals would 100% get their lawyers after Netflix. I will admit that shot of Harry with his Iphone during his last visit to the UK is suspicious and I'm sure something is in the works.

The leaks coming out from Sunshine in the past few weeks suggest they still want to be seen as being close to the royals. It's clear Harry has been frozen out and it's almost certain he going to have a downward spiral. How much damage he does to himself and his family between now and then is anyone's guess.

by Anonymousreply 520July 13, 2021 3:49 AM

I wonder if Gayle King will ever again say on television that Meghan has receipts you know?

r519 They would be finished globally in elite circles if they even tried to go down that road .No one would work with them or view them as trustworthy in those circles.Vindicative scheming is not alluring but it is very immature and off putting. Arguably a sign of deep instability.

However there are legal issues about recording covertly on crown property so not sure it could fly.The Queen also seems incredibly happy and at ease recently. Carefree and relaxed so I dont believe that something like this is credibly hanging over them.If it is it is something not as incendiary as the malicious duo think and not substantial. I think the queen is very aware of the information they have on these two and knows what Trump cards they have

r518 I honestly think if the intelligence services WHICH WILL be watching both of them picked up on malicious Meghan ever doing something like this she would be thwarted and or more likely the secret services will start preparatory work on her tombstone.She would not be allowed to be a continuing high risk to national security and not pay a price. sorry that is just real politique.

r518

by Anonymousreply 521July 13, 2021 3:53 AM

r516 If correct and it sounds both plausible and dovetails neatly with stuff Lady Colin Campbell has said then it puts paid to the the speculation that Princess Eugenie is naive about Prince Harry and interacts with him unguardly.

by Anonymousreply 522July 13, 2021 3:59 AM

r521 to clarify I meant the Queen is WELL AWARE what trump cards the monarchy has in relation to the malicious duo the Harkles and I think that explains why she seems so carefreee and unruffled.I think she is an expert at playing the long game and views most of these threats or implied threats as empty noise in the grand scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 523July 13, 2021 4:04 AM

The Yorks have their own agenda, Eugenie has been working with PR to raise her own profile. People can be malicious, does not mean they are naïve.

by Anonymousreply 524July 13, 2021 4:07 AM

There's a rumor about the Harkles recording stuff before Megxit.

I mean, unless it's huge like Charles killing puppies anc Camilla sniffing coke on hooker's boobs, it's terrible for their reputation. Who would support people who secredly record their family to blackmail them? Who would agree to work with them?

by Anonymousreply 525July 13, 2021 4:36 AM

How do you know that Princess Eugenie has been working with PR to raise her own profile, R524?

I’m not having a go - just curious as I’ve seen this mentioned a number of times as fact but have seen no proof.

by Anonymousreply 526July 13, 2021 4:39 AM

If Eug is working on her profile, it doesn't work. Nobody cares about the Yorkies.

by Anonymousreply 527July 13, 2021 4:45 AM

The Yorks may have a lot of anger. Birds of a feather...

by Anonymousreply 528July 13, 2021 11:58 AM

I think the York’s are firmly #teamgranny and #teamcrown. They’ve been raised in the monarchy and seem to love it. I can imagine them feeding Hazmat leaks to the press.

by Anonymousreply 529July 13, 2021 1:37 PM

You may be wrong, R529. "Dear cousins" came on a bit strong. They may also be jealous of the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 530July 13, 2021 1:54 PM

The Yorkies are the daughters of Andrew and Fergie, such a wrong mix of arrogance and silliness.

by Anonymousreply 531July 13, 2021 1:56 PM

I think all of the above can be true at once. The Yorks are probably jealous of the Cambs. The Yorks probably like Harry better and might think he's been hard done by. The Yorks also love their granny and don't want to see her hurt. The Yorks also know upon which side their bread is buttered and aren't going to ever publicly rock the boat or do anything to jeopardise their position.

by Anonymousreply 532July 13, 2021 2:01 PM

I usually write off the entirety of the BI garbage because it's just a reheat of material from other places and usually so blatantly obvious Helen Keller would have sussed it out in Act I.

But it cannot be anything but true that the whole family does not trust him and does not want unguarded conversations with him.

by Anonymousreply 533July 13, 2021 2:13 PM

The Yorks are silly morons. Princess Anne needs to pull them up short.

by Anonymousreply 534July 13, 2021 2:18 PM

I can definitely see Meghan recording stuff. She was apparently trying to take pictures of the Cambridge children on her first visit there.

by Anonymousreply 535July 13, 2021 2:19 PM

Never stopped their parents, R532. One contracts with PR to have profile raised out of arrogance. Their "sweet" "nice" images were also a Palace pr creation. The situation is more complex and the Yorks are actually quite a bit like MeGAIN, and Hazbean, no? Wanting the high life whilst doing little to work for it? An attraction to glitz and grifters?

by Anonymousreply 536July 13, 2021 2:32 PM

Eug and hubby seem pretty normal, not so sure about Bea and Edo.

Don't know if the girls are really stupid, naive or worldclass actress.

Bea helped her father with the terrible Matlis interview lest year, so she's pretty clueless about her father and the press.

by Anonymousreply 537July 13, 2021 2:37 PM

Yeah, but look at what Jack does for a living.

by Anonymousreply 538July 13, 2021 2:39 PM

Bea and Eug may be trying to up their profiles, but they are not trashing the family on a regular basis. This sets them apart from the Sussexes by a wide margin.

by Anonymousreply 539July 13, 2021 2:43 PM

Brooksbank was educated at Stowe School in Buckinghamshire, and then the University of Bristol before leaving to work in the bar industry.[11][12] He was the general manager of Mahiki, a nightclub in Mayfair that was often visited by his wife's cousins Prince William and Prince Harry in their youth. He now works as a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila.[13]

All a bit more flashy and Sussexy, no?

The Yorks are not the sensible Wessexes, any of them.

Raising profile to what end?

No they are not trashing the family but one just called them "dear cousins" quite publicly. That is not exactly cutting them off for the abuse heaped on the grandparents either. People have agendas and create alliances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540July 13, 2021 2:45 PM

Andrew is known to be a jealous prick, Bea and Eug may be silly and harmless but he's not.

Eug show off her son on Instagram but not more than any other 30 something new mother and she doesn't send press release to People or Tatlers.

I doubt they have the money to do much PR anyway and already have a famous circle of friends like Ellie Goulding or Ed Sheeran.

by Anonymousreply 541July 13, 2021 2:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542July 13, 2021 2:54 PM

Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543July 13, 2021 3:06 PM

When Auntie Sarah ran to William's side when Harry tried to speak to William after the unveiling and interposed herself between them, it couldn't be more obvious that the Spencers were prepared to spy on anything that was said to Harry to ensure they could contradict any lies he might later tell. And he then couldn't just trash the Royal family, he'd have to trash his mother's family too. That must have been an eye-opener for Harry: he has no allies.

Even worse than their infantile, whining interview with Oprah was the fact Meghan ran to Gayle King to repeat details of a private conversation between her husband and his family. Fatal mistake.

by Anonymousreply 544July 13, 2021 3:40 PM

Harry and Meghan: nobody’s doing them in except themselves.

They’re the new illustration of “hoist by their own petard.”

by Anonymousreply 545July 13, 2021 3:51 PM

Eug's involvement in her father's disastrous interview indicates she's not very savvy, though they all likely know that & don't trust her either (or at least don't trust her judgement). Maybe that's her tie with Haz - they're both outsiders after disasters of their own making.

by Anonymousreply 546July 13, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote]While still in England, at Charles’ birthday celebration, she chose to wear gaudy diamond earrings gifted to her by MBS after she knew of Khashoggi’s murder. She’s publicly communicated that she’s for sale to the highest bidder.

I wonder if she has had to sell them yet for her cash flow.

by Anonymousreply 547July 13, 2021 4:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548July 13, 2021 7:36 PM

What's she going to wear?

by Anonymousreply 549July 13, 2021 7:44 PM

He needs something to do instead of focusing on his "pain". Maybe he could get a bog brush and clean all those toilets he owns..oh but that would require flushing water.

Fuck the drought H you big old environmentalist you.

by Anonymousreply 550July 13, 2021 8:06 PM

R548 - Since most - if not all - of their accusations in the Oprah interview have been found untruthful, the Emmy nomination should have been for FICTION not Nonfiction.

by Anonymousreply 551July 13, 2021 8:13 PM

Important distinction: Oprah, along with executive producers Tara Montgomery, Terry Wood, co-EPs Brian Piotrowicz and Brad Pavone, and producer Lindsay Flader, shared the nomination. More than 17 million people watched the sit-down interview when it initially aired in March. It was subsequently re-broadcast on CBS and also aired in the U.K.

Sorry whiners, no gold statue for you. But maybe Oprah will put hers in the window where you can see it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552July 13, 2021 8:15 PM

You lot are going way too 007 on this. Only the Queen sees state papers and the ONLY person close to that is her Private Secretary, who would never ever leak anything ever. MI5 and MI6 don't come into this. Harry has nothing that could remotely rise to the level of a national security risk.

And, they've all known since he was in his teens that Haary is a bad bet, a loose cannon, and unstable. No one would have let slip anything sensitive around him, and why would they he's the spare?

At best, he's got a bit of nasty gossip and the BRF know that, which is why they ignored his little blackmail threats through Scobie and King and those absurd stories about feuds our to bed and intimate dinners with Papa.

That's all the Harkles have. And I using them, they've made sure they have no path back in except for some token politeness, e.g., around the Jubilee.

They overplayed their hand too early, overestimated their own drawing power, and underestimated their opponents.

They're done although they'll keep dropping hints and fake stories through their media allies.

But they're done. The BRF have moved inexorably on. The Harkles haven't.

by Anonymousreply 553July 13, 2021 8:16 PM

Idiot SS squealing about Smeg's first Emmy nod. She wasn't nominated.

I have no doubt Smegs will exploit the shit out of this on the red carpet and talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 554July 13, 2021 8:19 PM

Do you think she will start referring to herself as "Emmy-nominated?"

by Anonymousreply 555July 13, 2021 8:20 PM

R555 almost certainly. Hence why I'm glad Deadline made it very clear who the trophies go to.

by Anonymousreply 556July 13, 2021 8:23 PM

induditably r555,one must appear tres important .

by Anonymousreply 557July 13, 2021 8:25 PM

indub in 557

by Anonymousreply 558July 13, 2021 8:26 PM

Dear E...you're an idiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559July 13, 2021 8:27 PM

Aren't the Emmys along with all the other award shows kinda dead??

by Anonymousreply 560July 13, 2021 8:29 PM

So E are trying to stir the pot and get a lot more publicicity than normal I guess. These awards NEVER make UK press, but they will now huh.

by Anonymousreply 561July 13, 2021 8:32 PM

They, themselves, were not nominated. That won't stop them from calling themselves "Emmy nominated" whatevers. And bet on it that she will be on the red carpet, pushing people out of the way to get noticed. They are going to milk this as if the show being nominated just vindicated them.

by Anonymousreply 562July 13, 2021 8:35 PM

Lol. She will be crying on the carpet, talking about how no one has asked her if she's okay.

by Anonymousreply 563July 13, 2021 8:49 PM

For context, The Betty Broderick story got an Emmy nomination too, for Meredith Baxter Birney, playing an unhinged lunatic with impulse control issues.

So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 564July 13, 2021 8:50 PM

An Emmy nod, this makes my heart go pump-pump.

by Anonymousreply 565July 13, 2021 9:15 PM

I knew the year that "Lonesome Dove" lost for Best Mini Series that the Emmys were useless.

That and the repeated awards to the "Cannot Act" Candice Bergen.

Gave up watching long ago.

by Anonymousreply 566July 13, 2021 9:45 PM

The Harkles are Emmy - adjacent, who would have thought. Was the barrel that empty for nominations this year, or did Oprah buy it?

by Anonymousreply 567July 13, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]They, themselves, were not nominated.

That didn’t stop Elaine Stritch from grabbing the Tony. She held it in her talons so tight, George C. Wolfe had to grease the award to get it out of her hands.

by Anonymousreply 568July 13, 2021 10:47 PM

r564, You mean that was not a great drama that is fun to watch all these years later as opposed to a dull chat ?

And there was me thinking they were comparible. tut.

by Anonymousreply 569July 13, 2021 10:51 PM

Doesn't matter they themselves were not nominated. She will milk it dry.

Her next boring vanity book will have to be even larger to accommodate "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Emmy Nominee/Winner on the side.

by Anonymousreply 570July 13, 2021 10:57 PM

What was the category?

by Anonymousreply 571July 13, 2021 11:00 PM

R567 both?

by Anonymousreply 572July 14, 2021 12:28 AM

Oh Lord can you imagine if they gave that thing an Emmy? By the way, I would like to watch it again but I can’t figure out how. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 573July 14, 2021 12:28 AM

Imagine if you’re a creative professional working hard in TV, trying to get your own project off the ground or noticed, and you have to watch these three waltz in and get nominated for the stupidest show ever.

by Anonymousreply 574July 14, 2021 12:36 AM

R519, This would be conjointly shut down by Mi5 and MI6 that it would make Harry and Me-Again’s heads spin! Head of State safety is paramount.

by Anonymousreply 575July 14, 2021 12:39 AM

It has been talked about previously, R575.

It will likely be used to further their BRF is racist narrative and the we are the biggest victims one as well.

There were reports years ago of her taking photos in Clarence House and Ammer Hall, some even prior to the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576July 14, 2021 2:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577July 14, 2021 2:08 AM

R576 Wouldn't surprise me BUT this would be a stupid move and I expect the royals would take legal action if not against the Harkles against Netflix and any production company involved and it t's likely the royals would win (or would be settled out of court). In most countries while it is not illegal to record people it is illegal to share that recording without permission. Remember when Eugene had to take down an IG picture of Andrew because it was taken in the private apartments at Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 578July 14, 2021 4:06 AM

r559 This idiot in this tweet response seems to think none of the lies in the interview have been proven to be such because none of us personally witnessed what they experienced. Most if not all of the provable lies do not rely on eyewitnesses .On one hand their outraged people say they know for a fact the malicious duo lied on the other hand they liberally use the word fact in the next sentence when they are really giving an opinion. Their supporters online are real low quality inconsistent and contradicting themselves in the same tweet types. Pig s**t for brains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579July 14, 2021 7:56 AM

If Harry knew anything significant, they'd have got what they wanted right at the start.

by Anonymousreply 580July 14, 2021 8:10 AM

Take with a grain of salt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581July 14, 2021 5:08 PM

Interesting photo at 6:26

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582July 14, 2021 5:54 PM

Southern women don’t get to talk about race though.

by Anonymousreply 583July 14, 2021 5:58 PM

^^^white Southern women, I meant

by Anonymousreply 584July 14, 2021 5:58 PM

I think it’s hilarious that they’re taking 6 months leave when they haven’t done shit for their much publicized Netflix, Spotify deals. Using the excuse of family leave for new baby so that Netflix and Spotify won’t be tempted to nullify the deals.

What do they consider “work”? Giving interviews and speeches where they lie about Harry’s family/ play victims or lecture to us about how to be kind? No wonder they haven’t done jack shit to justify their deals to produce content. They’re so devoid of ideas that they’re asking for the public to contribute their own stories to be used by Archewell productions. Except once you submit your own stories you forfeit all rights to Archewell to be used for Archewell’s $$$ making/ marketing purposes.

by Anonymousreply 585July 14, 2021 6:35 PM

Also, one has to wonder why they’re laying low at this time. Could it, aside from Netflix and Spotify being pissed off, that the investigation into Meghan’s documented bullying of royal family staff is putting the scare into the couple for the first time? Couple this with William not playing granny’s “let’s be nice and ignore them” game. Then there’s the biography of Meghan in the works that’ll likely unearth some unsavory shit from her history, ones that contradict what she has told the publics as well as others that show her to be a not so nice person a la Chrissy Teigen.

by Anonymousreply 586July 14, 2021 6:41 PM

Wow! This is a good catch if this is true. Technically, this would violate Emmy rules if true. To be eligible for the 2020-21 Emmys, the program had to have aired by February 17th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587July 14, 2021 6:49 PM

Do fuck off, R583. Awesome, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 588July 14, 2021 7:46 PM

well it’s true. I’m not a Meghan-stan, in fact I think she turned out to be an obnoxious phony and Harry an idiot. But white southern women need to “stay in their lanes” as the SJWs say, because they’re tainted with generations of racism. Just shut your mouth, Karen.

by Anonymousreply 589July 14, 2021 7:59 PM

Just block it. Mmmm HMMMM

by Anonymousreply 590July 14, 2021 8:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591July 14, 2021 10:15 PM

r586 And the so far succesful appeal by mail newspapers in the courtcase. If they lose the maliciously harkle duo will owe a lot of legal costs.

by Anonymousreply 592July 14, 2021 10:19 PM

R591 That sounds dreadful....I'm sore the "woke" elite will love it.

by Anonymousreply 593July 14, 2021 10:40 PM

Christ, who needs another cartoon. Say, where is Gary Janetti’s Prince George thing?

by Anonymousreply 594July 15, 2021 12:37 AM

Let me guess, ‘Pearl’ is mixed race.

by Anonymousreply 595July 15, 2021 2:46 AM

Started Part 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596July 15, 2021 3:25 AM

"Escaping the Palace" trailer released! Airing September 6th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597July 15, 2021 8:13 PM

Oh, that's gonna be craptastic! Move over, Carrie Bradshaw.

by Anonymousreply 598July 15, 2021 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!