Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drunk Boat Driving Murdering Frat Boy Son is Murdered with His Mother

I know DLers love true crime murder twisty tales and this one is a doozy without a final reveal as yet. In February 2019 ultimate ginger Paul Murdaugh, from a wealthy family of lawyers, and five underaged friends bought beer and alcohol went partying drunk out of their minds island hopping by boat near Parris Island and Beaufort S.C. Apparently he’s a belligerent drunk and holding them hostage when they all wanted to go home. He becomes angry, strips down to his boxers and becomes “Timmy” his drunk out of control persona slapping his girlfriend, calling her horrible names and spitting on her. He then guns the boat, hits a pylon and half of them are ejected into the water. One girl disappears completely and isn’t found for a week. His powerful family has kept him from even a night in jail so far and the dead girl’s mom sues multiple people for wrongful death. Then Paul and his mother are fatally gunned down in one of their multiple properties earlier in the month by someone using two different guns. Grandfather dies days later too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 18, 2021 5:07 PM

The sky was so blue that day…

by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2021 7:24 AM

That fugly cunt had a girlfriend? There for the money I guess?

by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2021 7:34 AM

Both brothers in this family are very unattractive. This thread probably won’t go very far.

by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2021 7:39 AM

He was plain, not unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2021 7:42 AM

sounds like someone did the world a favor and took out the trash

by Anonymousreply 5June 15, 2021 7:43 AM

I hope the deal girl's family members have air-tight alibis

by Anonymousreply 6June 15, 2021 7:53 AM

In some areas of the country, this sort of justice isn't questioned, just abided by. It's a "culture of honor" thing the clannish, violent Scots-Irish that populated the colonial south brought with them. That and their prodigious appetite for alcohol.

It will all go quiet. Dues were settled like old-tyme feuds.

by Anonymousreply 7June 15, 2021 8:26 AM

Griffin O'Neal-ish

by Anonymousreply 8June 15, 2021 8:32 AM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 9June 15, 2021 8:35 AM

I understand the girl's family going after the boy, but killing the mother is probably has probably started some Hatfield-McCoy fued.

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2021 8:47 AM

On an SEC (college sports, not the financial overseer) message board I frequent, strong rumor is in 2017, two years before he killed the girl in the boat accident, this same guy murdered a gay man (and his family covered it up).

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2021 8:48 AM

Another death connected to Hillary Clinton I am sure.

by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2021 8:50 AM

Not a night in jail and would get off scot free so to speak. Somebody was not going to have it. The mother was there so she had to go. Maybe the girl's boyfriend was not there on the boat and he set it up. Vigilante justice is sometimes the only justice.

by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2021 8:57 AM

We all know a "Timmy" don't we? And we all wouldn't mind if our "Timmy" were gunned down, wouldn't we?

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2021 8:58 AM

Interesting, R11. A google search turns up links to the that death and another, aside from the boating death.

In physical appearance, the the Murdaugh men all seem to be missing something. A chromosome or two, maybe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2021 9:00 AM

I bet the mother had no qualms about wearing real fur.

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2021 9:08 AM

This gave some flavor:

“ Snip snip snip to 10%..the local news

“..as word spread of the deaths of 22-year-old Paul Murdaugh and his mother, Maggie, reaction was muted. The prevailing emotion was hesitancy, not surprise or outrage.”

“A previous death, and the circumstances around it, has caused residents to re-evaluate their faith in the law.”

“It raised tough questions about power, fairness and accountability.”

“Staff at the flower shops in town said they hadn’t yet received any calls for sympathy arrangements for the family.”

“One person did offer that they hoped an outside law enforcement agency would be involved in the investigation.”

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2021 9:11 AM

I’ve seen some nice things said about the mother, Maggie. Not a word about the ugly ginger son.

The police are looking at the husband and say there’s no danger to the public. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2021 9:12 AM

But it was the husband's father who died as well though no cause of death given. A heart attack from stress?

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2021 9:16 AM

[quote] In some areas of the country, this sort of justice isn't questioned, just abided by

The first thing that comes to my mind is that Nicole Kidman movie "To Die For," where she had a high school kid kill her husband.

She got away with the murder, but the Italian parents hired mafia guys to kill her.

Then there's Dolores Claiborne, who set a trap to kill her abusive husband.

Some are based on real events, some fiction.

But these stories are pretty common.

If people don't get justice, some will take it into their own hands. ESPECIALLY in the South.

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2021 9:17 AM

I love a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2021 9:19 AM

Not over yet, R21...there are more of them to die.

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2021 9:29 AM

One of the many bizarre details is that the law firm associated with the family is Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzoth and Detrick and goes by PMPED, which to me looks like PIMPED, do you want to go to the pimped out law firm? But maybe in their minds it’s the PUMPED law firm?

And then the boating victim’s name is Mallory Beach, who didn’t make it to the beach of the river side at all, but was found floating in the marsh a week later.

by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2021 9:44 AM

One point of contention is that Paul used his older brother’s driving license to purchase beer, and apparently Paul was 5’7” and his brother is 6’1” with a fatter face, but no one dismissed Paul using that ID as not fitting the description.

by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2021 9:47 AM

Two different weapons used?

Why the mom?

The state investigators aren’t releasing much info yet.

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2021 9:50 AM

R24, I’m sure whoever sold the booze to ginger frat boy knew he wasn’t Paul. They also knew that if they didn’t sell it to him, they’d be sorry. Sounds like this family terrorized the county.

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2021 9:53 AM

[quote] In some areas of the country, this sort of justice isn't questioned, just abided by. It's a "culture of honor" thing the clannish, violent Scots-Irish that populated the colonial south brought with them.

That's complete hogwash. What century are you posting from, because it sure isn't the one we're in right now.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2021 9:57 AM

They probably looked at the license, saw a pasty red then handed it back. Geez, if I were cashiering I wouldn’t be checking heights and shit, just pretend to look and give it back LOL.

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2021 9:57 AM

In my rabbit hole of exploration when I found this story on TikTok I came across the partially released depositions of two of the people on the boat at the link, which makes for interesting reading. This kid was the ultimate poster boy for entitlement. I’ll admit I called I’m a fratboy just because it seemed to fit his persona, but I couldn’t really tell if he was in college or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2021 10:02 AM

[quote]r23 ...goes by PMPED, which to me looks like PIMPED, do you want to go to the pimped out law firm? But maybe in their minds it’s the PUMPED law firm?

Could also be pampered.

by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2021 10:03 AM

It's probably stating the obvious but I assume it was a hit on the son and mother (because she was with him), and whoever did the hit believed there wasn't going to be any justice for the dead girl.

Seems like a pretty cut and dried situation actually.

The mother is wearing a fur coat in OP's link. That's the kind of people they are.

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2021 10:05 AM

Fur coat is odd for many reasons, mostly because fur has not been a thing for anyone under 80 for the past 20-30 years or so.

But Flyoverstan.

This is going to be a book and then a movie. Guaranteed there are several journos pursuing the story now.

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2021 10:09 AM

Rumor in SC is Grandfather either did/helped do the deed, then killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2021 10:10 AM

R27, humans are tribal. I’d argue that every area of the country is like this, every ethnicity. We’ve had them quite visibly in New York - wealthy or violent families who control shit. Sometimes they are outright criminals, like the Gambinos and Gottis. Sometimes they’re politicians like the Cuomos or Kennedys. Disputes arise and honor is bruised. Retaliation happens - in a back alley or a courtroom.

That’s how humans are.

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2021 10:15 AM

R32 - the fur coat loudly says "I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me or what I do because I'm so rich and powerful that nobody would dare come for me".

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2021 10:20 AM

[quote]“Staff at the flower shops in town said they hadn’t yet received any calls for sympathy arrangements for the family.”

LITERALLY my favorite quote posted on the Datalounge since 9/11/01.

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2021 10:26 AM

I was trying to figure out why the mother was at the hunting lodge when she spent summers at the beach. She was probably sticking around for the courtroom shenanigans.

There hasn’t been much about the older (taller) son. I wonder if it’s like the BRF, and the older one is the serious and dutiful son; the William. And the younger one is the spoiled fuck-up that everyone’s always covering for.

Where was he?

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2021 10:26 AM

Did the grandfather die of natural causes?

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2021 10:29 AM

R36, isn’t that delicious?

“ Maggie Murdaugh liked wildflowers.

When the 52-year-old woman came into Nix Florist in Hampton to choose flowers for her family's events, she selected arrangements that looked natural and wild over ones that were perfectly manicured.

She hated pink flowers, employees remembered.”

Hated pink flowers?

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2021 10:30 AM

I agree about the scotch culture playing a role in this. The English were right about the scotch irish. If the reasonable English presence was more widespread here, rather than the hate filled and vindictive scotch irish, our country would have far fewer pathologies. Anyway, these two seemed to be nothing but rich trash.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2021 10:35 AM

I can almost guarantee you the father is a major drinker and philanderer, and the mother was most likely also, as well as being addicted to the typical forms of lady dope so many rich women are addicted to. Valium, Xanax, and lots of other pills these rich bitches make sure they always have a refillable prescription for. They usually make sure they have several doctors available to write prescriptions just in case one decides the pull the plug once he sees they're addicted. They're called "prescription shoppers". The husbands are more than happy to look the other way as long as the old girls don't start causing trouble. And the old girls are usually completely happy with the situation as long as the unloving husbands make sure the money keeps flowing.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2021 11:06 AM

Here’s a article about the gay nursing student who was mysteriously found dead in the middle of the road with his head bashed in. Apparently he was a high school classmate of the Murdaugh boys and other scions of the county who she thinks killed him because he was gay and made it look like a vehicular accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2021 11:20 AM

Does anyone else think he looks like Tucker Carlson?

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2021 11:33 AM

R43, I can see it, but Redmond O’Neill is who came to mind. Another entitled ginger fuck-up.

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2021 11:37 AM

Bitches please, if you came across Paul on Grindr wanting to suck your dick or fuck you hard, you KNOW you'd say honey come on over.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2021 11:38 AM

From the article linked to in r42:

[quote]Hate crimes in the United States are no longer only targeted at African-Americans or members of particular religious groups. Gone are the days of open assaults, separate drinking fountains, fire hoses and the bites of German Sheppard’s.

Oh, dear. It's an actual newspaper, and that's how they spell "German Shepherds"?

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2021 11:42 AM

Florida has nothing on South Carolina when it comes to crime. Florida is just bigger with more people.

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2021 11:43 AM

too bad only 2 family members kicked the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2021 11:44 AM

In the article at R15 it says there are rumors that the older brother knew Stephen Smith "intimately". This reminds me of the vigilante murder of Ken McElroy. He terrorized the town of Skidmore, Mo and when they had enough he was gunned down in broad daylight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2021 11:48 AM

This kid has major douche/rapist face. Nice to know he can no longer harm anyone.

by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2021 11:49 AM

It must be the bow tie and the mid-shart facial expression.

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2021 11:49 AM

Hmmm. This is from the article about the two deaths linked to Paul:

“ According to the investigation file, Buster was rumored to have been linked to Stephen — intimately — but detectives never proved this connection. It’s also unclear if the MAIT team ever examined Stephen’s phone, which was tossed between agencies before it was finally unlocked by the FBI several years after his death.

After interviewing several sources who knew the Murdaugh brothers, SCHP detective Todd Proctor made some significant assessments of the family. FITSNews obtained all audio from the investigation file.”

Two things: Buster is Paul’s older brother. 2. The dead mom’s sister is married to a Proctor.

by Anonymousreply 52June 15, 2021 11:50 AM

R35, just an FYI, that fur coat may have been in the family for generations. It is very common for women is South Carolina to brag about a fur coat being in the family for generations much the same way they talk about silver (or servants for that matter.) It is all about being old money rather than new money. (And, yes, they brag that a servant's family has served the family for generations.)

by Anonymousreply 53June 15, 2021 11:53 AM

Is Murdaugh pronounced “Murder”?

by Anonymousreply 54June 15, 2021 11:55 AM

Thanks for posting that, r49.

Later, when I have a little more time, down that rabbit hole I shall go.

by Anonymousreply 55June 15, 2021 11:55 AM

It is if you say murder with a Southern accent.

by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2021 11:56 AM

Did anyone else think they were looking at MTG on first glance at the OPic?

by Anonymousreply 57June 15, 2021 11:57 AM

I think if our country doesn’t start getting right with accountability, we’re gonna see a lot more “frontier justice”.

by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2021 11:58 AM

R48 Three actually, the grandfather died a few days after the murders. The father lost his dad, his wife and his son all in the same week. Perhaps some cosmic retribution for things he covered up coming back to kick him in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2021 12:03 PM

[Quote] MTG

Mary Tyler Gor?

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2021 12:13 PM

I thought this was the affluenza teen. I bet this has nothing to do with revenge for his misdeeds and everything to do with some domestic violence. The rich rarely pay for their crimes

by Anonymousreply 61June 15, 2021 12:15 PM

Horrible family. Can't wait for the book. They have the whole police force by the short and curlys. No breathalyzer after the boating accident and no criminal charges. Two MEs disagreed with the autopsy conclusions of Smith but were shut down. This kid had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 62June 15, 2021 12:29 PM

The father is probably thinking "well thank God I don't have to deal with that shit any longer".

by Anonymousreply 63June 15, 2021 12:35 PM

Too bad he's dead; could have been a hot mess addition to 'Southern Charm', with added bonus fur-lugging mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 15, 2021 12:41 PM

How ironic that the family name is "Murdaugh" = MURDUH!

by Anonymousreply 65June 15, 2021 12:41 PM

Growing up in Texas we used to call people like this “Rich White Trash.” They seemed to go far and get away with things, but they had a tendency towards bizarre tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 66June 15, 2021 12:42 PM

R63 He and the brother are still listed in the civil suit by Mallory Beach’s mom for basically aiding Paul in procuring alcohol underage.

by Anonymousreply 67June 15, 2021 12:47 PM

And nothing of value was lost. Good riddance to trash.

by Anonymousreply 68June 15, 2021 12:51 PM

I wish this had happened to Ethan Couch.

by Anonymousreply 69June 15, 2021 12:52 PM

This has the potential for best thread on this site for ages. I love Southern Gothic stuff ( from the "comfort" of Zone 2 South London). I believe in rough justice in lieu of criminal unaccountability. Not politically correct, I know.

by Anonymousreply 70June 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Sometimes, it’s the only thing that keeps worse things from happening. Communities protect themselves and it’s a lesson to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 71June 15, 2021 1:07 PM

I’d like to know more about the dead housekeeper, too.

Maybe Stephen Smith will get some justice now.

All in all, they sound like a fucked-up clan.

This article spells some of it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 15, 2021 1:10 PM

Any pics of the older brother? It's the older brother who was linked to dead Jean Harlow fan, yes?

by Anonymousreply 73June 15, 2021 1:12 PM

[quote] I agree about the scotch culture playing a role in this.

Have you learned nothing R40?

Scotch is a drink! Scots are a people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 15, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote]He becomes angry, strips down to his boxers and becomes “Timmy” his drunk out of control persona slapping his girlfriend, calling her horrible names and spitting on her.

What is this all about? Was this the first time "Timmy" made an appearance or was it a regular thing?

by Anonymousreply 75June 15, 2021 1:21 PM

"Timmy" looks like a young DJT in this picture to me. Or that could be my PTSD talking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 15, 2021 1:24 PM

Sorry R35 and R53

That fur coat says "I live in Darkest Flyoverstan and never got the memo about fur that went out to affluent women sometime in 1992. When I wear my coat on my once-a-decade visit to NYC, I will be the only white woman under 80 wearing one, but will be too dense to notice and/or will chalk it up to NYC being low-class compared to my corner of South Flyoverstan.

What to do with unwanted fur coats is actually a thing now as old ladies die off and their daughters and granddaughters don't want their coats

by Anonymousreply 77June 15, 2021 1:24 PM

I went digging because I’m curious about the dead housekeeper. Here’s an unsubstantiated rumor; “ Or, the dead house keeper was rumored to have been pushed down the steps after the son was caught with his hands in the liquor cabinet, did her family want some revenge?”

by Anonymousreply 78June 15, 2021 1:25 PM

OMG! That little ginger cunt also pushed the family maid down the stairs and killed her.

Thank the Lord daddy had Lloyd's of London.

by Anonymousreply 79June 15, 2021 1:27 PM

Mallory Beach wasn’t his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 80June 15, 2021 1:27 PM

Little Sister don’t miss when she aims her gun.

by Anonymousreply 81June 15, 2021 1:28 PM

The younger son sounds like a regular Stewie.

by Anonymousreply 82June 15, 2021 1:29 PM

Let's fantasy cast the mini series.

Courtney Stodden as Mallory Beach.

Melanie Hutsell as Fur Coat Mama

Ed Sheeran as Paul Murdaugh

by Anonymousreply 83June 15, 2021 1:30 PM

I’ve been waiting for another murder case where everyone is horrible!

by Anonymousreply 84June 15, 2021 1:32 PM

Buster below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 15, 2021 1:34 PM

The comments on OP's article are pretty telling.

Everyone is basically saying, "Oh, I needed some good news today."

by Anonymousreply 86June 15, 2021 1:34 PM

I mean...fucked up way to go BUT this kid sounds like he was a gaping asshole of epic proportions.

by Anonymousreply 87June 15, 2021 1:35 PM

Was he molested?

by Anonymousreply 88June 15, 2021 1:36 PM

The victims look like it's a case of "Murder on the Pizza Hut Express."

by Anonymousreply 89June 15, 2021 1:37 PM

This was totally going Paul's way. The cop who was the main witness compromised and fired. No breathalyzer test which is crazy(how does that happen?) and totally reliant on eye witness accounts. Who knows how many more deaths could have been caused by this young man?

by Anonymousreply 90June 15, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote]Who knows how many more deaths could have been caused by this young man?

Sounds like three: The gay nursing student his brother was blowing, the maid he pushed down the stairs, and the girl in the boat.

by Anonymousreply 91June 15, 2021 1:40 PM

So the housekeeper falls and dies mysteriously, the homeowner collects 500K plus in wrongful death suit, and bills 177K to his law firm? Sounds legit.

by Anonymousreply 92June 15, 2021 1:40 PM

Datalounge sleuths: Buster (older brother) has a FaceBook page that’s wide open. Some interesting photos.

The dead mother also.

by Anonymousreply 93June 15, 2021 1:43 PM

I’m sure Dateline, 20/20 & 48 Hours producers are already on the ground in SC.

by Anonymousreply 94June 15, 2021 1:44 PM

[Quote] Some interesting photos.

Can you save and reupload to imgur in case the page goes down?

by Anonymousreply 95June 15, 2021 1:44 PM

R75 For some attention-seeking reason, alcoholics love to use alter-egos to explain away their inability to handle their drink

by Anonymousreply 96June 15, 2021 1:45 PM

So many people had motive to kill those two. I hope some of the others -- the dad and the oldest brother named Buster -- get the chop next.

by Anonymousreply 97June 15, 2021 1:46 PM

Plot twist! It was Buster who hired the hitman in revenge for his dead lover!

by Anonymousreply 98June 15, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote]Was this the first time "Timmy" made an appearance or was it a regular thing?

Some "Timmy" he made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 15, 2021 1:52 PM

The brother's Facebook page is ancient, Some public posts from 2013 and earlier, then a couple of profile pic changes up to 2016.

by Anonymousreply 100June 15, 2021 1:52 PM

I like the idea that Granddad Murdaugh did it, or helped. It'd be no great loss to him, offing his daughter-in-law and the sociopath grandson who is sullying the family name. Then he commits suicide rather than face jail or real justice.

by Anonymousreply 101June 15, 2021 1:53 PM

Haha - the first comment under the OP's article: "Anyway, my cucumbers are growing pretty nicely even with the heat wave we’ve had."

by Anonymousreply 102June 15, 2021 1:53 PM

Facebook is no longer cool.

by Anonymousreply 103June 15, 2021 1:55 PM

Someone VIP demanded human sacrifices (or they'd do it themselves) so Grandpa chose the most expendable ones. I love it. This needs to be an HBO miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 104June 15, 2021 1:55 PM

I read Buster's Twitter and got the distinct impression that lawyers had advised him to scrub it of anything not involving sports.

by Anonymousreply 105June 15, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote]So the housekeeper falls and dies mysteriously, the homeowner collects 500K plus in wrongful death suit, and bills 177K to his law firm? Sounds legit.

No, the housekeeper's estate sued Paul's dad. And the dad's insurance paid, but the lawyer (for a firm the dad used to work for) for the estate pocketed the 177K.

by Anonymousreply 106June 15, 2021 1:58 PM

The average person loves to pounce on any bad news that befalls someone whom they consider to be living a life that they wish they had. The press plays up the details to make the tale of retribution more deserved.

I live on a large lake and drunk kids are always getting injured or killed because of adolescent stupidity. Several years ago, a group of kids died and one of them was from a wealthy family in the area. The news reports were primarily interested that the dead kid's grandfather had founded a chemical company in the 1920s. It's just more 'bread and circuses' for the masses.

by Anonymousreply 107June 15, 2021 2:11 PM

Some people are just innately different.

My father grew up in rural Europe on a farm. Incredibly rustic. My mother visited and was disgusted by their primitive lifestyle and vulgar sense of humor. Of the many siblings, one moved to Berlin and married well. My mother said she was the only one who had any class and refinement. She wanted to be educated, and although she wasn’t a beauty, she was tall and thin and dressed with a simple chic. I don’t know if she rejected them or they rejected her, but she was estranged from most of the siblings.

Of my American cousins, there’s one white trash aunt who has a passel of trashy kids. But one of the kids got an advanced degree and has a great job and a husband who’s extremely successful. Apparently she’s a stuck-up bitch, though. (I moved away and my sister reports on the gossip.)

by Anonymousreply 108June 15, 2021 2:14 PM

Bustier has the coloring of Carrot Top.

by Anonymousreply 109June 15, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote]I moved away and my sister reports on the gossip.

I recommend you ask her to stop.

by Anonymousreply 110June 15, 2021 2:16 PM

Buster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 15, 2021 2:16 PM

Are they a rap group?

by Anonymousreply 112June 15, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote]Beach's family released a statement offering their condolences to the Murdaugh family after the shootings.

[quote]"Having suffered the devastating loss of their own daughter, the family prays that the Murdaughs can find some level of peace from this tragic loss,” it states. "It is their most sincere hope that someone will come forward and cooperate with authorities so that the perpetrator of these senseless crimes can be brought to justice.”

That's some fucking shade.

by Anonymousreply 113June 15, 2021 2:32 PM

Couldn't have happened to more deserving assholes.

by Anonymousreply 114June 15, 2021 2:41 PM

I wouldn't rule out the mom of the gay nursing student.

by Anonymousreply 115June 15, 2021 2:45 PM

R62 "The kid had it coming"

I read somewhere that the first question cops ask in a small southern town after a murder is "did he need killing?"

by Anonymousreply 116June 15, 2021 2:46 PM

Oh please r115, this is the Datalounge. We haven't even ruled out the soft butch sous chef.

by Anonymousreply 117June 15, 2021 2:47 PM

I’m from the state, I’m leaning to the father killing his son and wife to keep something “hidden” from coming out at the trial.

by Anonymousreply 118June 15, 2021 2:47 PM

"Having suffered the devastating loss of their own daughter, the family prays that the Murdaughs can find the level of peace from this tragic loss that they so richly deserve, for reasons well known to them,” it states. "It is their most sincere hope that someone not us will come forward and cooperate with authorities to the same extent the Murdaughs did so that the perpetrator(s) of these inevitable crimes can be given a reality TV show. Isn't the Lord good to us?”

by Anonymousreply 119June 15, 2021 2:48 PM

I too think this is a family thing. Either the father or grandfather were fed up with what this kid was doing/has done and knew it would get worse. The father probably wanted rid of the mother and what's better than 2 birds with one stone. But for some reason I am leaning towards the father as having done it, not the grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 120June 15, 2021 2:49 PM

Nobody is gonna miss this fool. Feel bad for the mother, she might have been decent

by Anonymousreply 121June 15, 2021 2:49 PM

Imagine being the type of person who gets murdered and people can think of lots and lots of people who would have wanted him dead.

by Anonymousreply 122June 15, 2021 2:50 PM

[quote]Nobody is gonna miss this fool. Feel bad for the mother, she might have been decent

I doubt that fur-coating wearing cunt was decent. If she had been her two sons wouldn't have killed that gay nursing student.

She raised them to be entitled assholes.

She was probably instrumental in pulling strings to botch the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 123June 15, 2021 2:51 PM

The father molested the younger son who went off the rails as a result. The older son remained unmolested as he was too fruity. The younger son finally revealed the molestation in the presence of the mother and Papa Perv offed the pair of them.

by Anonymousreply 124June 15, 2021 2:52 PM

People like the father don't kill people, they have them killed.

The parents of the other victims, however . . .

by Anonymousreply 125June 15, 2021 2:53 PM

I don’t get the use of different guns on each of them

by Anonymousreply 126June 15, 2021 2:53 PM

It would imply two different shooters, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127June 15, 2021 2:54 PM

R126 two shooters

by Anonymousreply 128June 15, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote]I don’t get the use of different guns on each of them

Two killers

by Anonymousreply 129June 15, 2021 2:54 PM

Not everyone deserves to live.

by Anonymousreply 130June 15, 2021 2:56 PM

R130 Patsy, you forgot to sign your post.

by Anonymousreply 131June 15, 2021 2:56 PM

I'm sure Rian Johnson is trying to cast this right now as we speak as the premise for Knives Out 2: Benoit Blanc Returns!

by Anonymousreply 132June 15, 2021 2:57 PM

r125 that's true but this was his son and wife. I can see him thinking that he helped create him so he would finish him.

by Anonymousreply 133June 15, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote]The dead mom’s sister is married to a Proctor.

They're the Proctor's Pickles Proctors; I'll have to have them to one of my candlelight suppers.

by Anonymousreply 134June 15, 2021 3:01 PM

Goody Proctor?

by Anonymousreply 135June 15, 2021 3:02 PM

[quote]Imagine being the type of person who gets murdered and people can think of lots and lots of people who would have wanted him dead.

Just like a "Who Killed ____________?" story on All My Children.

by Anonymousreply 136June 15, 2021 3:03 PM

It's interesting to me that a family that lives in a cow town in the middle of Nowhere SC that nobody has ever heard of wielded that much power.

Beaufort, where the boating accident happened, is pretty upscale. It's a very lovely town with large, historic homes. A famous Hollywood producer owns a plantation there designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. I've been to the house.

by Anonymousreply 137June 15, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote]Hate crimes in the United States are no longer [bold]only[/bold] targeted at African-Americans or members of particular religious groups.

I'm glad to hear Native Americans, Asians, and Latinos were never victims of hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 138June 15, 2021 3:06 PM

R138 I read in my public school history book that the Native Peoples voluntarily moved to make way for new European settlements. And that Africans were guest workers who loved to travel and wanted to help with the South's lovely cotton crop. And that Chinamen knew they could only stay until the railroad was completed. And nobody can swish a toilet quite like a Latina. And that Jesus wrote the Consitution.

by Anonymousreply 139June 15, 2021 3:12 PM

A fur coat in South Carolina? It's hot as hell down there.

by Anonymousreply 140June 15, 2021 3:18 PM

It’ll be even hotter where she’s going r140.

by Anonymousreply 141June 15, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote]A fur coat in South Carolina? It's hot as hell down there.

Not in the winter, which lasts an entire month.

by Anonymousreply 142June 15, 2021 3:25 PM

I'm not Southern but if someone physically hurt or killed my parents or sisters or my partner, I'd off the stain who did it.

You can't trust the court system for justice of any kind. They'll let the guilty plea down to NOTHING. The damage will be done and trash is given "probation" and a reason to blame being the loser they are on the victim, if said victim survived the crime.

Hope that ginger mutant enjoys Hell. No interest in the fur wearing mom.

by Anonymousreply 143June 15, 2021 3:30 PM

R42 Look at that kitchen! This story has everything, including a haves vs. have-nots angle.

by Anonymousreply 144June 15, 2021 3:32 PM

#SadnotSad Karma is a bitch with a gun I guess?

by Anonymousreply 145June 15, 2021 3:33 PM

What's with the pissiness against Ulster Scots and their descendents? Irish posters?

by Anonymousreply 146June 15, 2021 3:39 PM

R143 They should have come to me first.

by Anonymousreply 147June 15, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote] sounds like someone did the world a favor and took out the trash

And then they took it one step further and asked god to take out the patriarch and instigator of this mess of a family - and, boom, 3 days later, Gramps is dead. Justice is swift in the south.

by Anonymousreply 148June 15, 2021 3:40 PM

Can I have her fur?

by Anonymousreply 149June 15, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote] In some areas of the country, this sort of justice isn't questioned, just abided by. It's a "culture of honor" thing the clannish, violent Scots-Irish that populated the colonial south brought with them. That and their prodigious appetite for alcohol. It will all go quiet. Dues were settled like old-tyme feuds.

Yup, everybody can go back to sipping their sweet tea and rocking on the veranda.

by Anonymousreply 150June 15, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote] This gave some flavor: “ Snip snip snip to 10%..the local news “..as word spread of the deaths of 22-year-old Paul Murdaugh and his mother, Maggie, reaction was muted. The prevailing emotion was hesitancy, not surprise or outrage.” “A previous death, and the circumstances around it, has caused residents to re-evaluate their faith in the law.” “It raised tough questions about power, fairness and accountability.” “Staff at the flower shops in town said they hadn’t yet received any calls for sympathy arrangements for the family.” “One person did offer that they hoped an outside law enforcement agency would be involved in the investigation.”

Well, I did my part. I ordered a bouquet of dead daisies to be delivered to the family.

by Anonymousreply 151June 15, 2021 3:48 PM

Whoever arranged to have these family members offed did SC a huge favor, possibly the world.

by Anonymousreply 152June 15, 2021 3:52 PM

This is going to make for an epic lifetime movie.

Are there no suspects?

by Anonymousreply 153June 15, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote] Rumor in SC is Grandfather either did/helped do the deed, then killed himself.

Oooh, this is getting juicy now - murder, money and mayhem. Anybody know if 48 hours or Dateline NBC has come calling?

by Anonymousreply 154June 15, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote]I agree about the scotch culture playing a role in this. The English were right about the scotch irish. If the reasonable English presence was more widespread here, rather than the hate filled and vindictive scotch irish, our country would have far fewer pathologies. Anyway, these two seemed to be nothing but rich trash.

What about black people? Go ahead, don't be shy. Can you never take the jungle out of them?

by Anonymousreply 155June 15, 2021 3:53 PM

It's weird how much alike the two dead kids (nursing student and boat girl) look in the link at r72

by Anonymousreply 156June 15, 2021 3:54 PM

This was a delightful read.

by Anonymousreply 157June 15, 2021 3:54 PM

DOJ or FBI needs to step in here - there's too much shady stuff, between shifting the cases around, the made-up medical examination report, the suspicious firing of the officer on the boating case.

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg of many, many people who have been hurt or fucked over by the family.

I too wonder if the father was behind this killing. He may have been having an affair and wanted both of his major problems - his wife and his indicted son - out of the way. Look to see if he, in his grief, finds solace and comfort with a young early 30 something blond (not in her 20's - that's too sus). And then moves away to someplace nice because all of the 'bad memories'.

It clearly looks like a hired hit. Or - maybe the fired police officer had some connections. His last name is Italian (?) - not saying that all Italians have mob connections...

This case is just awful - you have to wonder how many similar small towns have histories of this type of injustice.

But the question - why now when the kid is indicted? I don't think the girl's family had anything to do with it. I think it was someone else with a grudge - or again, the father. In killings like this, you have to look at other family members first.

by Anonymousreply 158June 15, 2021 3:58 PM

Crazy story.

by Anonymousreply 159June 15, 2021 3:59 PM

This seems to have everything with the gay angle to boot. I must buy the book and watch the upcoming Ryan Murphy's series about it.

by Anonymousreply 160June 15, 2021 4:03 PM

The only thing this story is lacking--so far-- is a race angle.

And that's odd for that part of the South.

by Anonymousreply 161June 15, 2021 4:05 PM

My feel good story of the day.

by Anonymousreply 162June 15, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote]I’m sure Dateline, 20/20 & 48 Hours producers are already on the ground in SC.

They are cumming in their pants. A story like this is what they live for. Fucked up psychopath rich people are always of interest to everybody.

by Anonymousreply 163June 15, 2021 4:08 PM

That little redheaded psychopath would've just gone on to commit more mayhem and quite likely more deaths of innocent people. This was really a preventative measure, to save others from further grief and pain.

by Anonymousreply 164June 15, 2021 4:15 PM

R161 - not so fast. If this family has had this much power for decades, don't think they have been some progressive, civil rights family. They've fucked over MANY families of color. And if they were so involved with law enforcement, they probably protected people who killed black people or lynched them.

What's the timeline of the housekeeper's death? She died in early 2018 from a trip and fall. She was 57.

Do you think she overheard something about the Smith murder? Or did she find out other family secrets? Did the coroner ALSO re-arrange the autopsy results, like she did with the gay man?

$500,000 shows some negligence - for what exactly? Can you be sued if another person falls in your home and dies? That seems strange.

by Anonymousreply 165June 15, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote]And then moves away to someplace nice because all of the 'bad memories'.

I could hook him up with a nice place in the Rockies!

by Anonymousreply 166June 15, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote]Feel bad for the mother, she might have been decent

Women from Lowcountry South Carolina with money and family names *might* be fun at parties, but I've never known one to be an innocent, quiet bystander in the dark about her family's doings.

by Anonymousreply 167June 15, 2021 4:21 PM

I didn't even know that bitch, but I've known plenty just like her.

by Anonymousreply 168June 15, 2021 4:25 PM

R167 - agreed, rich women who don't work are naturally going to say they are all about their family - whatever that means. It's not like she was doing a ton of housework.

Loving your family and doing fancy charity luncheons to make you feel like a good person does not a good person make.

She clearly raised two little monsters, so I'm not sure what 'morals' or 'values' she instilled in them.

by Anonymousreply 169June 15, 2021 4:25 PM

Is Betty Broderick out on parole?

by Anonymousreply 170June 15, 2021 4:26 PM

[Quote]It clearly looks like a hired hit.

Are you sure about that? Don't two killers and two guns make for more evidence and potential loose ends? One professional could have easily dispatched them. After all, the were in an isolated area so no need to be concerned about a getaway. Yes, there were guns in the hunting lodge, but not an issue for a pro.

by Anonymousreply 171June 15, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote] “They’re going to go on living their lives like nothing (happened).” But not for long, apparently.

[quote] But for some reason I am leaning towards the father as having done it, not the grandfather. Perhaps the maid who got pushed down the stairs and ended up profiting the father’s law partnership?

[quote] Are there no suspects? I don’t think too FEW suspects is a problem this investigation is going to have.

by Anonymousreply 172June 15, 2021 4:37 PM

Another open question - asked further up - why were they in their hunting lodge in the middle of June? Hunting season is several months away and, presumably, it is HOT AS FUCK and buggy and gross in the country.

Sounds of guns would not be out of the ordinary in an area where their hunting lodge is, right? Even if for target practice?

I think this points to an insider to get them out there. They purposefully wanted them out at the lodge so that 1) the gun sounds wouldn't be out of the ordinary and 2) tracks to and from the house would be difficult or next to impossible to trace and 3) there would be no cameras from other homes. Plus, nobody around to call the police, so they could bleed out and die for certain.

Someone convinced them to go to their hunting lodge. Hitmen didn't follow them around for days waiting for their chance.

Again - I'm thinking this is the Dad. He's fed up with this case with his son and he doesn't want to deal with all of the remorse and crying from the mom after he dies. Plus, it's time for a new model wife.

by Anonymousreply 173June 15, 2021 4:38 PM

The father had impregnated the mate twenty years ago. The sons have a half brother.

by Anonymousreply 174June 15, 2021 4:40 PM

*the maid

by Anonymousreply 175June 15, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] I bet the mother had no qualms about wearing real fur.

That does not look like a real fur coat to me.

by Anonymousreply 176June 15, 2021 4:44 PM

Was there a note from a "foreign faction" found at the scene?

by Anonymousreply 177June 15, 2021 4:44 PM

I'm looking forward to the three part documentary about this family on Investigation Discovery.

by Anonymousreply 178June 15, 2021 4:45 PM

R99 Maybe Timmy from South Park was who he “became” when drunk. That is about the level of humor I’d expect from someone like this.

by Anonymousreply 179June 15, 2021 4:49 PM

TIMMEH!

by Anonymousreply 180June 15, 2021 4:50 PM

The family can still be sued in a civil court so Dad is still on the hook. I don't believe he's involved unless he has a young whore in his life.

Its the dead girl's family at guilt which is trashy as hell of them.

They all stink.

by Anonymousreply 181June 15, 2021 4:55 PM

[Quote]Again - I'm thinking this is the Dad.

Does anyone know the dad's history outside of his career? The linked article about the suspicious deaths surrounding the family noted that the reporters talked to about 100 people in the county and they could easily establish that the deceased son was a sociopath with a hair trigger temper and a drinking problem. Dad was around longer; surely they must have talked about him, anonymously, too. Did he have a history of sociopathic behavior? 'Cause you have to be to off your wife and kid and not yourself.

I love DL murder mysteries. Have we had one since the soft butch sous chef. Chris Watts wasn't much of a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 182June 15, 2021 4:55 PM

R173, someone said the family had been living there recently. But the mom’s obit said they loved the beach at Edisto. If I were a frau, I’d rather be at the beach than at some hot and buggy hunting compound.

by Anonymousreply 183June 15, 2021 4:57 PM

My money's on the dad, too. No father worth a shit wants a loser for a son. He'll start a new family with a much younger blonde and raise the next batch of boys to cover the murdering up by blaming black folks, like the Good Lord intended.

by Anonymousreply 184June 15, 2021 4:58 PM

another theory: The father blamed the mother for the way the son turned out so killed the mother for forcing him to have to kill his son.

by Anonymousreply 185June 15, 2021 4:58 PM

Their hunting lodge is in Islandton, SC - population of 44. That's rural as fuck.

I wonder if their cell phones are missing. I'd love to know how the 2 of them, and not the rest of the family, decided to go out to that hunting lodge in non-hunting season during the middle of the Summer. Was the father and other son also there and then the Dad had to leave all of sudden to take care of something?

How long were their bodies there? Who checked in on them? Do their cell phones work out there?

Conveniently, it was raining both Saturday and Sunday in Islandton, which also begs the question why the fuck would they go out there? Also, rain can cover up tracks with enough time.

by Anonymousreply 186June 15, 2021 5:00 PM

This mystery would be perfect for Dominick Dunne’s show Power, Privilege and Justice.

Those old shows were perfectly cunty.

by Anonymousreply 187June 15, 2021 5:01 PM

This story would've made for a juicy 80s NBC miniseries.

Lee Remick IS Maggie Murdaugh!

by Anonymousreply 188June 15, 2021 5:03 PM

"No father worth a shit wants a loser for a son."

How about two.......... and a son-in-law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 15, 2021 5:03 PM

Interesting: it seems there are no blood alcohol levels considered in SC boating regulations. From SC Boating Regulations page:

In South Carolina, a person is considered to be under the influence if:

They are under the influence of alcohol to the extent that the person’s faculties to operate are materially and appreciably impaired.

They are under the influence of any other drug or a combination of other drugs or substances which cause impairment to the extent that the person’s faculties to operate are materially and appreciably impaired.

They are under the combined influence of alcohol and any other drug or drugs, or substances which cause impairment to the extent that the person’s faculties to operate are materially and appreciably impaired.

by Anonymousreply 190June 15, 2021 5:15 PM

Every gay man here knows the mother is wearing a faux fur. Who are all the philistines here?

by Anonymousreply 191June 15, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote]I'd love to know how the 2 of them, and not the rest of the family, decided to go out to that hunting lodge in non-hunting season during the middle of the Summer.

She's my mother!

My lover!

My mother AND my lover!

by Anonymousreply 192June 15, 2021 5:18 PM

Sometimes the snow comes down in June

Sometimes the sun goes round the moon

by Anonymousreply 193June 15, 2021 5:19 PM

I just looked up some hunting websites - rain can wash away scent that animals or tracking dogs could use. Plus rain will remove identifying footprints - but not foot marks. So they could still see footsteps that go up to the house, but the prints would be so washed out that you wouldn't be able to determine the boot or size of the person.

I would imagine hunters, and those who own a hunting lodge, would know this info. It rained Th, Fr, Sat, Sun in Islandton, the place of the hunting lodge. Their bodies were found Monday. It has been sunny and dry Monday thru Sat of this week.

Now I know it rains a lot in the South during Summer - but it's something to think about.

Do you think people who want it out for this family lucked out, tracked them to their hunting lodge where, conveniently, the father and other son weren't there? Aren't these lodges and property locked up and hard to get to?

For me, this all screams inside job. If they were gunned down in the driveway of their home, that would be more in-line with a hit. This looks very planned - none of this makes sense as to why these 2 were at their hunting lodge in the rain during the Summer. Or that people who had it out for them would know they had a lodge there, how to access it, and lay in wait - while it was RAINING.

by Anonymousreply 194June 15, 2021 5:20 PM

Was anything stolen?

If not, then it sounds like a hit.

by Anonymousreply 195June 15, 2021 5:21 PM

I hope she was a good mother and didn't allow her sons to be mutilated.

by Anonymousreply 196June 15, 2021 5:31 PM

R194 here - I find this fascinating like the Dave Blackburn minister wife's murder in Indianapolis.

Hunting lodges also would presumably have security systems as they aren't occupied 95% of the time. And I would presume there are some guns in the lodge that they could have used for protection if anyone was trying to break in.

There's too much here for an outside party to get 'right'. The Dad planned and arranged this.

by Anonymousreply 197June 15, 2021 5:31 PM

What if the Mom killed the son to protect the family from secrets coming out at trial.

And then killed herself because she couldn't live without him.

by Anonymousreply 198June 15, 2021 5:33 PM

LET IT GO r189

by Anonymousreply 199June 15, 2021 5:34 PM

The mom lured Paul/Timmy to the hunting lodge with promises of booze, a new sports car, and her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 200June 15, 2021 5:34 PM

The mother made/shared a post about some other Murdaughs right down the road from their hunting compound, whose tractor and bush hog were stolen from the family farm. I guess there’s not a lot of security in them thar lowlands.

by Anonymousreply 201June 15, 2021 5:38 PM

Surprising they didn't have security cameras at that lodge.

by Anonymousreply 202June 15, 2021 5:43 PM

What if it was Buster and the dad is taking the fall for them?

by Anonymousreply 203June 15, 2021 5:45 PM

"The mother and son were found shot near dog kennels at the family’s home near Islandton on Monday night."

So it wasn't necessarily someone who could get in the lodge. It could have been someone who snuck on the property.

And the pics don't make it look fancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 15, 2021 5:53 PM

Too bad this didn't happen to that Affluenza kid and his bitch mother.

by Anonymousreply 205June 15, 2021 5:55 PM

The butler did it!

by Anonymousreply 206June 15, 2021 5:55 PM

So it appears that grandpa died of natural causes and may have been a Democrat. Gulp.

[Quote]The firm didn’t give a cause of death, but Democratic state Sen. Margie Bright Matthews of Colleton County said Murdaugh, 81, was in intensive care when she asked for prayers for the family Tuesday on the Senate floor.

by Anonymousreply 207June 15, 2021 5:57 PM

A murder can be made to look like natural causes. I definitely think this was a hit and I don’t believe the father was involved.

by Anonymousreply 208June 15, 2021 6:03 PM

What if some third party up to no good - drug dealers, smugglers, ne'er-do-wells - were camping on the site and were surprised by Bubba and Mummy? Doubly so because it isn't hunting season and they had no reason to think the owners would stop by?

As to why they did - maybe Mummy had decided to give Bubba an ultimatum and wanted to do so minus the rest of the klan.

by Anonymousreply 209June 15, 2021 6:05 PM

R204 - yes, hunting lodges aren't really known for luxury, so there's no real reason why they would be living out there for an extended period of time.

I thought they died this week - it was the previous week - but it still rained on those days. I think there's a connection on waiting for a rainy day to take them out.

And outside in the rain would be better as there would be no footprints or fingerprints tracked into the house. Footprints, scent, gun residue - all washed away by the pleasant rain.

I suspect that between the wrongful death case (which would still go forward as I presume the father owned the boat and not the son), I think the wife may also have been hinting at divorce. Between the two of those scenarios, Mr. Murdagh would lose a shit ton of money. Or he wanted to get divorced because of an affair, but he just didn't want to split any money or pay alimony. Then there's the death insurance benefits - cha-ching!!

I don't think anyone involved in getting revenge (particularly a parent) would authorize taking out the mother as well. I just don't see that happening when you know what the loss is like of losing one family member. Plus, the case was going forward - why would you fuck it up by hiring a hitman?

Again - everything points to the Dad.

R208 - why don't you think the father was involved?

by Anonymousreply 210June 15, 2021 6:06 PM

Where was Miz Lindsey Graham , during all these unfortunate incidents ????

by Anonymousreply 211June 15, 2021 6:06 PM

“ Imagine being the type of person who gets murdered and people can think of lots and lots of people who would have wanted him dead.”

I know, right?

by Anonymousreply 212June 15, 2021 6:09 PM

The Frat Ginger looks and acts like a Kappa Alpha .

by Anonymousreply 213June 15, 2021 6:12 PM

The teens on the boat thought Paul had done coke.

by Anonymousreply 214June 15, 2021 6:12 PM

I just read excerpts from the deposition of Paul's girlfriend about Paul using his brother Buster's ID.

"No, they didn't look alike. Buster had a fat face. He must have weighed 200-something. He was really chunky and Paul was not."

She is an horary Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 215June 15, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote]The father blamed the mother for the way the son turned out so killed the mother for forcing him to have to kill his son.

I don't know who killed whom, but I'm sure the father blamed the mother for the way that little abomination came out. Grandpa, too. "We never had suspicious deaths associated with our family until you joined. The Proctor's have always been a bad lot."

by Anonymousreply 216June 15, 2021 6:17 PM

R210 The father being an attorney knows that the worst thing he can do is call attention to himself and the family given their current legal situation.

More scrutiny is the opposite of what he needs to win his case, surely he is aware of the media’s power in digging shit up which based on those other deaths is not in his best interest. Now everyone is talking about the dead gay guy, the maid, the grandfather, the girl on the boat and his wife and kid.

by Anonymousreply 217June 15, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote]She is an horary Datalounger

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 218June 15, 2021 6:27 PM

[quote]The firm didn’t give a cause of death, but Democratic state Sen. Margie Bright Matthews of Colleton County said Murdaugh, 81, was in intensive care when she asked for prayers for the family Tuesday on the Senate floor.

Just because he was in the ICU doesn't mean long-term illness. He could have tried to kill himself and was found before he succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 219June 15, 2021 6:31 PM

I don't know why anyone would live in the South. The good old boy network is everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 220June 15, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote]R26 I’m sure whoever sold the booze to ginger frat boy knew he wasn’t Paul. They also knew that if they didn’t sell it to him, they’d be sorry.

The clerk dared not look too closely at the ginger’s face, or even the photograph. For gingers will devour your soul.

[bold]#evil

by Anonymousreply 221June 15, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote]I don't know why anyone would live in the South. The good old boy network is everywhere.

Yeah, because people seeking justice against rich, well-connected white people face totally different chances in any other part of the country.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 222June 15, 2021 6:42 PM

R208/217 - yes, normally. But financial stress or other motivators can make you do irrational shit, particularly if you feel like you have law enforcement in your back pocket - and his family does.

When it comes to murder like this, it's almost always a family member who has planned it and contracted someone to carry it out.

I'm not saying the father did it himself - that's just stupid. But he most likely planned it. Otherwise, none of this makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 223June 15, 2021 6:43 PM

Does Buster have a monogrammed cummerbund?

He should have been shot, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 15, 2021 6:48 PM

[quote] The firm didn’t give a cause of death, but Democratic state Sen. Margie Bright Matthews of Colleton County said Murdaugh, 81, was in intensive care when she asked for prayers for the family Tuesday on the Senate floor.

Do people get released from ICU so they can go home to die? The obituary says grandpa "died peacefully Thursday afternoon at his residence."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 15, 2021 6:49 PM

Well, Buster (and who names, or even nicknames, their son "Buster"?) Murdaugh's FB page looks, unsurprisingly, like douche central.

Murdaugh is a variant spelling of same name as Murdoch (as in Rupert). Sociopathy must be linked to that family's gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 226June 15, 2021 7:11 PM

Buster is probably not happy with being called a "the fat fuck buddy of a male nurse" in the press.

by Anonymousreply 227June 15, 2021 7:14 PM

R161 fuck you

by Anonymousreply 228June 15, 2021 7:15 PM

Someone above said the bodies were found near the dog kennels. That would suggest they heard the dogs making a ruckus and went outside to see what was going on. But it would also suggest there was a caretaker for the property and the dogs. Where were they?

Total trivia:

Beaufort, SC is pronounced BEW-fert.

Beaufort, NC is pronounced BOW-fert.

by Anonymousreply 229June 15, 2021 7:20 PM

The dad and (now conveniently dead grandpa) both showed up at the police station the night of the April boating accident to insure that the kids on the boat all kept their mouths shut and to insure that the cops didn't do anything stupid, like take "Timmy's" breathalyzer, blood alcohol or drug test.

by Anonymousreply 230June 15, 2021 7:24 PM

I bet there is a race angle.

What are the chances that the housekeeper Paul shoved down the stairs was black?

by Anonymousreply 231June 15, 2021 7:27 PM

That was from the buzzfeed article above.

by Anonymousreply 232June 15, 2021 7:27 PM

Re: R230 The Blue backing the Green? Shocking!

by Anonymousreply 233June 15, 2021 7:28 PM

Dad did it.

Shades of Fred Tokars.

by Anonymousreply 234June 15, 2021 7:31 PM

Correction: Dad and now conveniently dead Gramps showed up at the HOSPITAL on the night of boating accident: "They stopped the teenagers from cooperating with law enforcement, authorities said, and none of the boat took a sobriety test that night."

That is some big time intimidation!!

by Anonymousreply 235June 15, 2021 7:33 PM

*none of the people on the boat*

by Anonymousreply 236June 15, 2021 7:34 PM

I want to know more about mom. She is rather portly and old looking for only 52. Where is she from originally?

She looks like a drinker. The whole family look like drinkers.

by Anonymousreply 237June 15, 2021 7:37 PM

If two different guns were used, is there a chance that Bubba shot Mummy and then Daddy shot Bubba and removed both guns to prevent the shame of their darling boy's matricide?

Spoiled blobs of shit like Bubba get real angry when Mummy and Daddy finally put their foot down...

by Anonymousreply 238June 15, 2021 7:37 PM

I've also wondered about a murder/suicide possibility.

by Anonymousreply 239June 15, 2021 7:39 PM

^ Forgot to add, but why change guns, then?

by Anonymousreply 240June 15, 2021 7:40 PM

Pfft.

by Anonymousreply 241June 15, 2021 7:40 PM

That would also work, R239. All it takes is for someone (Daddy, most likely, could be grandpa), to remove the stigma of same by removing the guns.

However, a self-inflicted gunshot wound is evidently pretty easy to identify, no?

by Anonymousreply 242June 15, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote] A famous Hollywood producer owns a plantation there

Out and CANCEL him!!!!!1!!

by Anonymousreply 243June 15, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote] and bush hog were stolen

Dafuq?

by Anonymousreply 244June 15, 2021 7:48 PM

Two guns? Two perps?

by Anonymousreply 245June 15, 2021 7:48 PM

They were both killed by multiple shots, including to the face.

That not suicide.

That is someone really angry with them.

by Anonymousreply 246June 15, 2021 7:52 PM

The entire family is hideous but money seems to makeup for that. The girl killed on the boat was out of his league looks wise.

by Anonymousreply 247June 15, 2021 8:03 PM

I see the Republican troll has arrived at r243

by Anonymousreply 248June 15, 2021 8:05 PM

What was playing on his iPod?

by Anonymousreply 249June 15, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote]Too bad this didn't happen to that Affluenza kid and his bitch mother.

I'm thankful THIS asshole is not alive to use it as a defense.

by Anonymousreply 250June 15, 2021 8:11 PM

People talking about Dateline. I read many of these posts in Keith Morrison's voice.

by Anonymousreply 251June 15, 2021 8:11 PM

How many enemies do these people have? I will watching this thread and eating 🍿.

by Anonymousreply 252June 15, 2021 8:14 PM

A lot it seems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 15, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote]The entire family is hideous but money seems to makeup for that. The girl killed on the boat was out of his league looks wise.

I went looking for a picture of Murdaugh's cousin Anthony Cook, the boyfriend of poor Mallory who died in the boating accident. At least there's one good looking male in the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 15, 2021 8:19 PM

She literally looks like every other white girl in the south/midwest. At least the ones who aren't fat.

by Anonymousreply 255June 15, 2021 8:21 PM

I went to high school in the 80s about 50 miles from Hampton. Probably crossed paths with these people at some point— there was always some state-wide gathering of “leadership” types going on back then.

One thing to know: the family law firm is old, yes, but they seem to be fairly small potatoes overall.

Also, you can have a beach house at Edisto and a “lodge” in the middle of nowhere and not even be a millionaire in SC.

The family sounds like jumped up trash.

by Anonymousreply 256June 15, 2021 8:24 PM

He looks like Swalwell, r254.

by Anonymousreply 257June 15, 2021 8:25 PM

She still better than the bufo frog-eyed family, they look inbred.

The gay twink was really cute and his horrible death and lack of investigation is infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 258June 15, 2021 8:28 PM

Really, r248?

Obviously you haven’t been around here long.

by Anonymousreply 259June 15, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote]She looks like a drinker. The whole family look like drinkers.

After Timmy showed up, they all started drinking. Grandpa had to crank up his own grandpa's old still. Why did they marry one of the Proctors? Those folks were never any good.

by Anonymousreply 260June 15, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote]She literally looks like every other white girl in the south/midwest. At least the ones who aren't fat.

So, like four other white girls in the south/midwest.

by Anonymousreply 261June 15, 2021 8:32 PM

R259, actually I have. I can recognize a troll when I see one

by Anonymousreply 262June 15, 2021 8:33 PM

I’m glad

by Anonymousreply 263June 15, 2021 8:34 PM

R256 I can believe that. The first local reports probably inflated their money and influence, makes a better story.

by Anonymousreply 264June 15, 2021 8:38 PM

R262, you may want to have it recalibrated.

by Anonymousreply 265June 15, 2021 8:40 PM

Family of Mallory Beach (who died from boat crash), issued a statement re: deaths of the Murdaughs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 15, 2021 8:41 PM

I still want to know more about Miss Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 267June 15, 2021 8:43 PM

No shit, r266.

We saw it all the way back at r113, Cronkite.

by Anonymousreply 268June 15, 2021 8:43 PM

I would love to know how and where the maid died and how this resulted in such a large insurance payment. The article I linked above is vague and lacks sources. The same applies to the dead young gay man found in the middle of the road.

The only case that seems to have some facts and sources is the boat crash.

by Anonymousreply 269June 15, 2021 8:47 PM

R3 I came here to mention this. Gingers are my absolute favorite. But they run the gamut from RED HOT, to the "Deliverance" freakshow content in the OP link photo: extremely odd, and totally unattractive. To the point that it's disturbing. But not every ginger is going to look like Tadhg Leader, Roddy Grant, or Bryce Eilenberg.

Anyway, I DO find the story fascinating, nonetheless. I'll be very curious to see what comes of it, and what comes out as a result of the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 270June 15, 2021 8:49 PM

The article said there were several suspects in the death of that poor kid in the middle of the road, including Murdagh. I wonder if the police pinged all their cell phones to see where they were at the time, that's the most elementary part of an investigation.

by Anonymousreply 271June 15, 2021 8:51 PM

R265, you may want to stop defending right-wing trolls

by Anonymousreply 272June 15, 2021 8:56 PM

So if Buster diddling Stephen made the brother off him, I wonder who was diddling the maid that he pushed her down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 273June 15, 2021 8:56 PM

One of the articles about the death of Stephen Smith said it took LE years to get around to examining Stephen Smith’s phone. Doesn’t sound like a crackerjack team of investigators.

by Anonymousreply 274June 15, 2021 8:59 PM

R272, you’re even dumber than I initially thought.

by Anonymousreply 275June 15, 2021 9:01 PM

So the SC Attorney General is the son of none other than Joe “You Lie!” Wilson.

What a swamp.

by Anonymousreply 276June 15, 2021 9:05 PM

R274 The dad of two of the suspects decided who would be prosecuted for crimes for the entire county.

They weren't bad cops in the sense that they didn't know HOW to do an investigation, they were bad cops in the sense that they knew WHEN not to do one.

by Anonymousreply 277June 15, 2021 9:06 PM

The dad probably got caught having an affair and knew his son would go all "Timmy" again and kill the mistress, so he killed them both so he wouldn't have to keep forking out all that cash to the victims families.

by Anonymousreply 278June 15, 2021 9:07 PM

Does Mallory Beach have brothers? This is the third and most recent death linked to the family. Her family probably figured the criminal case was going to be tossed out thanks to the father’s and grandfather’s interference and “ SC Attorney General is the son of none other than Joe “You Lie!” Wilson” just proves it. Mom was collateral damage? Multiple gunshots = anger.

by Anonymousreply 279June 15, 2021 9:13 PM

Both the wife and the son were costing dad a fortune and he had had enough. That 'fur' coat though looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 280June 15, 2021 9:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 15, 2021 9:17 PM

Buster looks like Eric Trump.

by Anonymousreply 282June 15, 2021 9:21 PM

Yep, r282. This family is the even trashier, more low-rent version of the Trumps.

I should not have thought it possible.

by Anonymousreply 283June 15, 2021 9:24 PM

R279 Mallory had two married sisters, Morgan and Savannah. There was another obit that said after she graduated from Wade Hampton in 2017, she went to College at the “University of California” just that phrase, nothing more. Obviously, she didn’t last long in college and was home by January 2019 and working at a waterfront clothing boutique called It’s Retail Therapy, a stones throw from the bar that was the last stop of the night before the accident. That’s the bar that Paul and her boyfriend went into and did shots at, and maybe Paul scored some coke as he seemed drugged out when stripping down. The other four were “swinging on the swings” waiting for them to come out. I thought it was a playground, but then I watched a tourism video and they have all these wooded porch swings around the waterfront for the tourists to sit on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 15, 2021 9:25 PM

For give me ignorance as I've never been to the SC, but does it ever actually get cold enough for a tacky mink?

by Anonymousreply 285June 15, 2021 9:27 PM

'However, we cannot and will not do anything that could jeopardize the integrity of this investigation or that would violate the due process afforded to all in our constitutional system of justice.'

This is so reassuring.

by Anonymousreply 286June 15, 2021 9:29 PM

Dad found the bodies and is a person of interest.

Also, he better get a new wife with stronger genes if he wants attractive kids...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 15, 2021 9:31 PM

How comes in from "hunting" at 10PM?

Within 30 minutes of the killings?

by Anonymousreply 288June 15, 2021 9:33 PM

Jesus, dad he looks like an undercooked ham

by Anonymousreply 289June 15, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote] "He'll start a new family with a much younger blonde and raise the next batch of boys..."

Because having two murderous sons who look like cast extras straight out of "Deliverance" wasn't enough. That guy could've impregnated Elizabeth Taylor when she was twenty-two, and the offspring would STILL have looked like genetically damaged, imbred trash.

Some people shouldn't breed, and he's living proof.

by Anonymousreply 290June 15, 2021 9:35 PM

It's not hunting season. What were any of them doing there?

R285, someone above said that it does get a little cold sometimes during the one month of winter. I've spent a little time there and that's about right.

by Anonymousreply 291June 15, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] "and bush hog were stolen...:"

[quote] Dafuq?

It's a piece of farming equipment, R243. Though "Bush Hog" is the brand, and "brush hog" is used to refer to the equipment itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 15, 2021 9:42 PM

I'm sorry. R292 was for R244, NOT R243.

by Anonymousreply 293June 15, 2021 9:43 PM

Porky Pig dad in R287's snap has micropeen face. Probably passed the tinymeat onto his murderous, shitbag sons.

TIMMY killed because his wang was the size of a clit.

by Anonymousreply 294June 15, 2021 9:44 PM

R288 The father was in the hospital ICU attending to his own dying father and then returned to the lodge after visiting hours ended. I’m sure because of COVID only one person could visit. But that does give him, and the grandfather, steadfast alibis for the murder time, which is very convenient.

by Anonymousreply 295June 15, 2021 9:47 PM

The dad has committed the most egregious sin of being a porker.

by Anonymousreply 296June 15, 2021 9:48 PM

Plantation? R137, it wasn't the 1840s.

The main house, stable complex and kennels were designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright from 1940–1951

by Anonymousreply 297June 15, 2021 9:50 PM

R77 I have a friend with chickens who used an inherited mink coat to make some coatlets for some hens that were being picked on.

Perhaps the old furs can be donated to animal shelters or homeless shelters in cold climates.

by Anonymousreply 298June 15, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote]were found dead by Alex Murdaugh on Monday night at the family’s 1,700-acre hunting lodge.

That is one HUGE lodge.

by Anonymousreply 299June 15, 2021 9:53 PM

OK, here’s a new theory. There’s only been a sprinkling of drugs so far in this story and they’re bound to play a bigger role. Paul dabbled before, but what if with all the pressure he became a full fledge user. The family decided to clean him up so they took him to the remote cabin to go cold turkey. That’s why they were there at this time of year and mom was watching him.

But what if he was heavily indebted to the drug dealers and they wanted their money or revenge. So they track them there and confront them. That’s why there would be multiple killers and different guns. It’s the result of the drug deals that they are murdered, and even the drug lords have more power in this county then the corrupt law family so no one is going to rat them out?

by Anonymousreply 300June 15, 2021 9:54 PM

R294 Curse if the Irish.

by Anonymousreply 301June 15, 2021 9:56 PM

Dad looks like an adult Bobby Hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 15, 2021 9:56 PM

LOL ^

by Anonymousreply 303June 15, 2021 9:57 PM

If these were drug pusher hit men that makes the story so much less interesting.

by Anonymousreply 304June 15, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]But what if he was heavily indebted to the drug dealers and they wanted their money or revenge

Why would his family not pay up?

by Anonymousreply 305June 15, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]One thing to know: the family law firm is old, yes, but they seem to be fairly small potatoes overall.

[quote]Also, you can have a beach house at Edisto and a “lodge” in the middle of nowhere and not even be a millionaire in SC. 1700vacres yes, but not necessarily valuable for anything more than a hunting preserve.

Plus, the windows on their house shown in the OP photo have storm windows with snap-in divider lights. Old money would never have those

[quote]The family sounds like jumped up trash.

My impression, too. R256. The law firm is a century old, old in other parts of the country but in Lowcountry SC, history ends before the law firm was started. An old family is 17thC or at least pre-Revolutionary, not early 20hC.

A lot of hunting lodges like these are former rice or indigo plantations, and swampy as fuck. The crops for which they were ideal stopped being cultivated by the Civil War and have had little value since except where development prospects are possible (Charleston, not way out where this lodge is.)

by Anonymousreply 306June 15, 2021 10:01 PM

There is definitely something Lindsey Graham-ish about Buster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 15, 2021 10:03 PM

Stephen Smith sustained a 7 1/4 inch hole in his head. What the hell was he hit with, a baseball bat? A sledge hammer?

by Anonymousreply 308June 15, 2021 10:04 PM

A leg of lamb, r308.

by Anonymousreply 309June 15, 2021 10:06 PM

I can't compete with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 310June 15, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote] An old family is 17thC or at least pre-Revolutionary, not early 20hC.

Why, yes! Unless one's family kept a sizable stable of darkies in the Antebellum days, they are simply Not Our Sort.

by Anonymousreply 311June 15, 2021 10:22 PM

Has anyone found out about Buster or Paul’s collegiate experience? I assume dad and granddad would want one or both to be lawyers and continue the family line that stretches back over a hundred years?

by Anonymousreply 312June 15, 2021 10:37 PM

They were shot at 9:30pm and then Dad comes home from shooting (at night? shooting at what? It's not hunting season), conveniently missing the killers by 30 minutes?

Here's South Carolina shooting seasons. The only thing he could shoot are beaver, possum and raccoon.

Who the fuck goes to shoot beaver, possum and raccoon in the humid South Carolina summer AT NIGHT?

More telling - the father's lawyer suggests there is a tie between the case and the murders. He doesn't know that - that's completely irresponsible and trying to promote a lie to the press to throw the scent off the father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313June 15, 2021 10:46 PM

That's the actual name of the place, not an adjective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314June 15, 2021 10:47 PM

[quote] and then Dad comes home from shooting (at night? shooting at what? It's not hunting season),

What makes you think he was out shooting?

Someone upthread already said he was in the hospital with the grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 315June 15, 2021 10:48 PM

So the father, visited the grandad in hospital, then went hunting, then discovered the bodies?

by Anonymousreply 316June 15, 2021 10:49 PM

The Daily Mail article said Dad was out shooting.

by Anonymousreply 317June 15, 2021 10:49 PM

Shooting the grandfather at the hospital, maybe?

Hmmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 318June 15, 2021 10:50 PM

Wouldn't he have to go to the lodge to collect his shooting guns beforehand?

by Anonymousreply 319June 15, 2021 10:51 PM

Well maybe in the days after the shootings the dad and his dad didn't get their stories straight.

He was with me!

I was out shooting!

by Anonymousreply 320June 15, 2021 10:51 PM

Where does it say he was visiting his father in the hospital? I missed it if it was among any of the articles linked in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 321June 15, 2021 10:52 PM

This says dad was at the hospital, ironclad alibi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 15, 2021 10:54 PM

"Lot of good coon shooting at night."

The Dad

by Anonymousreply 323June 15, 2021 10:58 PM

[quote] It's interesting to me that a family that lives in a cow town in the middle of Nowhere SC that nobody has ever heard of wielded that much power.

That isn't strange at all, once you get in office an establish a dynasty, you accrue power. They were the solicitor(which is what prosecutors in SC are called) for the 14th Circuit for 87 years. They not only were the LAW in their county but for an entire circuit of five counties.

[quote] So it appears that grandpa died of natural causes and may have been a Democrat. Gulp.

The son's defense attorney was a powerful sitting SC State Senator Dick Harpootlian(D). People think the South has completely flipped parties but that isn't true in a lot of small towns where the Democrat solid South still lives. It is especially true in "black belt" counties that are majority black. If the whites wanted any chance of representation they had to remain Democrats or move. You can still find many "Conservative (white) Democrats" across the South. Though many vote GOP for President.

[quote]One thing to know: the family law firm is old, yes, but they seem to be fairly small potatoes overall.

The law firm doesn't matter for their power and prestige. It was the 87 straight years they were the 14th Circuit Solicitors, which also gives them power in state Dem politics. That is a very blue area of the State, and they know those five counties better than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 324June 15, 2021 10:58 PM

Smells like payback to me.

by Anonymousreply 325June 15, 2021 11:00 PM

Wait - I thought the grandfather died at home 2 days later? So he suddenly got better and went home from the hospital to die? Or he knew he was going to die and then went home to die?

How often does that happen?

I guess it COULD happen - it's just another fishy detail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 15, 2021 11:04 PM

R326, meet R225.

by Anonymousreply 327June 15, 2021 11:07 PM

For R313:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 15, 2021 11:08 PM

If Tennessee Williams wrote a play about this family people would say he was being a queeny and over-the-top.

Southern Gothic is real!

Gay sex, power, alluded to incest, alcoholism and three murders!

by Anonymousreply 329June 15, 2021 11:08 PM

R326 That's not that strange. I've known many older people in the South who, once the hospital told them they were dying and nothing more could be done, went home to die. It is a big thing, especially for older people around here to not die in a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 330June 15, 2021 11:09 PM

R327 - yeah - but somebody's sure he has an iron-tight alibi visiting his father and, conveniently, arriving just 30 minutes after the murders.

DailyMail could obviously be wrong and assumed he was coming in from a hunting trip.

by Anonymousreply 331June 15, 2021 11:09 PM

R330 - I guess so. Or if he was that prominent, he found out about the murders and died of a heart attack/other in his sleep. That could have happened. Would have been hard to keep the news from him, even if he was frail and ill.

Still is weird among a lot of weird details.

by Anonymousreply 332June 15, 2021 11:16 PM

SC has had an unusually cool spring and hunters will get out at any excuse to shoot anything. That being said, he’s still did it.

by Anonymousreply 333June 15, 2021 11:16 PM

R333 - it wasn't cool by any means. And it's still not shooting season. And it was raining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 15, 2021 11:21 PM

Maybe the husband was out that night hunting down another fur for his wife.

by Anonymousreply 335June 15, 2021 11:24 PM

Very few hunters are traipsing around the swampy areas of this state in late spring/early summer, unless they want to get snakebite.

by Anonymousreply 336June 15, 2021 11:25 PM

R334 It’s the coolest spring I’ve experienced in SC in 11 years. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 337June 15, 2021 11:25 PM

Another South Carolina story, couldn’t find it in DL search or Google search of DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 15, 2021 11:30 PM

^ The Senatrice did it!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 339June 15, 2021 11:33 PM

I wondered why the do-er included the mother. A thing or two I've noticed about parents, mothers in particular, of accused males go right for smearing the reputation of the female victim. I wonder if the shit-bag son's parents were out wagging their evil tongues? Also, I would not put it past the kid's drug connection -- or some other individual or group he wronged -- from taking advantage of the reasonable doubt inherent in this Beach tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 340June 15, 2021 11:45 PM

No one hunts raccoons in the summer, anywhere. You wait until fall when they have put on their full coats for winter. Likewise, no one shoots beaver, especially at night; they trap them and, again, much later in the year. No one wants opossums but, if they were going to hunt them for their fur, it would also be much later in the year.

In the spirit of the story, that dog (of a story) won't hunt.

by Anonymousreply 341June 15, 2021 11:46 PM

The grandfather would have made many criminal enemies over the years. It's entirely possible that one of them, or their relatives, wanted to seek retribution and seeing reports of the grandson's boating accident, knew that they had a hunting lodge and cased it out.

by Anonymousreply 342June 15, 2021 11:48 PM

So he just got indicted and then out at their hunting lodge with no one around BAM! Shot dead.

Are we sure they are dead? The affluenza kid took off running with his mother.

by Anonymousreply 343June 16, 2021 12:01 AM

[quote] I just looked up some hunting websites - rain can wash away scent that animals or tracking dogs could use. Plus rain will remove identifying footprints - but not foot marks. So they could still see footsteps that go up to the house, but the prints would be so washed out that you wouldn't be able to determine the boot or size of the person. I would imagine hunters, and those who own a hunting lodge, would know this info. It rained Th, Fr, Sat, Sun in Islandton, the place of the hunting lodge. Their bodies were found Monday. It has been sunny and dry Monday thru Sat of this week.

This would also cover up evidence of the mother and son fleeing the territory to go into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 344June 16, 2021 12:04 AM

R317 well if it was in the Daily Mail it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 345June 16, 2021 12:22 AM

Not sure about South Carolina, but I've been in North Carolina when it was snowing. (Someone upthread asked about how cold it could get, i.e., why the fur coat.)

by Anonymousreply 346June 16, 2021 12:41 AM

Both NC and SC vary depending on altitude, with SC tending to be warmer. Even in NC, Wilmington has palm trees and Ashville has lots of snow.

These people lived in the "Low Country" of SC, which means it is not at a high altitude and near the coast.

It would rarely freeze there.

by Anonymousreply 347June 16, 2021 12:45 AM

A fur is never about keeping warm.

by Anonymousreply 348June 16, 2021 12:46 AM

NC has a very moderate climate overall but once you get beyond the northern parts of SC, the climate becomes subtropical.

by Anonymousreply 349June 16, 2021 12:47 AM

I literally gasped at that picture of ginger dad. Gammon!

by Anonymousreply 350June 16, 2021 12:49 AM

Charleston, SC is hotter than the fucking 6th layer of hell in the summertime...

by Anonymousreply 351June 16, 2021 12:53 AM

So, it seems like this news source called the Island Packet, around since 1970, is extensively covering the Murdaugh goings on. You can register to see a free article, or get one free article link from the twitter account or one of its reporters, but after that you need to pay for a subscription. I’m not sure how hard hitting they are or not or if they might be in the Murdaugh’s back pocket. They covered the funerals extensively, apparently three people collapsed from the heat and one was taken out on a stretcher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352June 16, 2021 12:53 AM

R349 It is not north to south it is east to west. Parts of the Lowcounty in the east could be called subtropical, but not the Midlands, nor the Upstate. We live in the Midlands, my mom gets at least a month or two every year where she can wear her (faux) fur.

by Anonymousreply 353June 16, 2021 12:53 AM

R352 They used to be a good little independent paper, but they are now owned by McClatchy so I'm sure their quality has decreased.

by Anonymousreply 354June 16, 2021 12:56 AM

Here’s the Island Packet reporter’s Twitter who’s covering much of the story. Hers about a family member leaving by EMs during the funerals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355June 16, 2021 12:59 AM

Ok - I think what people are talking about with the fur - everyone else is wearing a suit in that photo, so it CAN NOT be that cold. And that's a fur you wear in Boston in the winter. That's a heavy fur.

Why she's wearing a suit in relatively warm weather is damnable on Datalounge.

But let's settle that and get back to the case.

by Anonymousreply 356June 16, 2021 1:00 AM

You realize that there are rich old women wearing furs in Florida and Arizona right now, even as we type, don't you? It has nothing to do with the weather. You turn down the air-conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 357June 16, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote]It is not north to south it is east to west.

This is demonstrably not true. Raleigh, NC is far more east than Columbia, SC.

And yet Columbia is covered in palm trees, while Raleigh is not.

by Anonymousreply 358June 16, 2021 1:05 AM

R358 East to west, relative to the state not in general. Columbia, even Greenville have lots of Palmetto trees, but they are not native to those areas. They are planted and frequently replaced solely because they are the state symbol and tourists expect to see them.

by Anonymousreply 359June 16, 2021 1:12 AM

R359 Palmettos won't even grow in Charlotte and Raleigh.

We were comparing SC to NC, so north-to-south was an issue, but, PLEASE, you go on and do you and pointlessly argue. I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 360June 16, 2021 1:27 AM

I’m appalled at the lack of decorum in the funeral pictures, few people are properly dressed in black mourning attire.

by Anonymousreply 361June 16, 2021 1:43 AM

What's with the fur? I have seen ladies wear them at MAL.

by Anonymousreply 362June 16, 2021 2:00 AM

R360 Paradise Palms would like a word with you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363June 16, 2021 2:29 AM

I live in Raleigh. There are a few Chinese fan palms (which will grow in NJ), but any Palmetto palms are killed in the winter frost unless planted next to a wall and covered in the winter. It ain't LA.

by Anonymousreply 364June 16, 2021 2:53 AM

Can't wait for the inevitable Netflix documentary about this!

by Anonymousreply 365June 16, 2021 3:01 AM

Buster does look like Mitch McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 366June 16, 2021 3:28 AM

They need to bring in Mare from Easttown PA to solve this shitshow in SC.

by Anonymousreply 367June 16, 2021 3:37 AM

[quute]Can't wait for the inevitable Netflix documentary about this!

It'll be more interesting than a real life soapy goodness murder mystery that devolved into an argument about the geographic locations of saw palmetto in the former Confederacy.

by Anonymousreply 368June 16, 2021 3:38 AM

Rich old women could comfortably wear a fur in the Florida heat without breaking a sweat. They get very cold when you could be dying of heat stroke.

by Anonymousreply 369June 16, 2021 3:44 AM

Hopefully the men in this family are circumcised so they have at least one redeeming quality.

by Anonymousreply 370June 16, 2021 3:49 AM

But was Momma Maggie buried in that fur coat is what I want to know? She had no daughters to leave it to.

by Anonymousreply 371June 16, 2021 3:50 AM

The grandfather may have gone “home to die” under hospice care. It’s easier to be surrounded by loved ones, especially with Covid restrictions.

I wish Paul Winfield was still living and would narrate the inevitable crime show. I loved City Confidential and his voice.

by Anonymousreply 372June 16, 2021 4:09 AM

^ Loved City Confidential and Paul Winfield!

by Anonymousreply 373June 16, 2021 4:10 AM

Paul Winfield was fantastic. Loved his voice.

by Anonymousreply 374June 16, 2021 4:10 AM

I'm getting Brett Kavanaugh vibes here.

by Anonymousreply 375June 16, 2021 4:17 AM

I agree with the poster who said boating accidents are common. In Texas, it was not until recent years that there were laws against drinking and boating, and it appears that is the case in SC as well.

by Anonymousreply 376June 16, 2021 4:24 AM

The grandfather had them offed. He knew he was dying and couldn't stand the thought of any money going to his piece of shit grandson and nasty daughter-in-law. It was a fine last hurrah and fuck you to the world.

by Anonymousreply 377June 16, 2021 4:33 AM

I grew up with a similar “rich kid” crowd in SC. Their parents were all real estate developers, though— not lawyers.

I’ll tell you one thing. No matter how stupid the kid, they all took water safety very, very seriously. They grew up on boats.

So I can’t imagine how stupid this moron had to be to have a boating accident.

by Anonymousreply 378June 16, 2021 4:35 AM

He sounded drugged up, sadistic and psychotic more than stupid, R378.

by Anonymousreply 379June 16, 2021 5:32 AM

Once he turned into Timmy it was all over, those five others on the boat knew they were in for some deep, dark shit at that point.

by Anonymousreply 380June 16, 2021 5:37 AM

R375, I thought the same thing. There goes his dreams of one day sitting on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 381June 16, 2021 6:00 AM

Here’s a picture of the memorial tattoo Anthony Cook got for Mallory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 16, 2021 6:16 AM

Hmmm Paw Murdaugh’s shooting expedition is mighty convenient. - It helps explain any gunshot residue found on his hands after the murders.

by Anonymousreply 383June 16, 2021 6:37 AM

It was Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the lead pipe.

by Anonymousreply 384June 16, 2021 7:05 AM

I've seen women in Charleston being the furs out for the first and least little occasion of chill. I've seen them worn at oyster roasts which go late into the night and can definitely have a chill to the air in the R months.

Nothing is ever really uniformly casual or elegant in terms of dress in the Lowcountry, it's about class and asserting your place (real or aspirational.). It's always a mix, some people dressing down, others up, and each might do the opposite at the next party.

In Charleston you could wager a bet among friends for the first fighting of a Man Fur in a gay watering hole (there's always some absurd queen, bold as brass, pushing the season.) Straight women laugh about dragging "momma's old thing, whatever kind of beast this is" out if the closet for an airing. And rich Southern women do travel, to buy good clothes, to see their shrink in NYC, just to get a change of air and so they have some ostensibly better place to wear them - or used to have. Furs are a thing of the past in the South, too, but for rich Southern women the past is always part of the present.

by Anonymousreply 385June 16, 2021 8:12 AM

Ack, from r313, about crows, foxes, and raccoons -- are they hunted as pests or do people in S.C. actually eat them?

Aren't there wild boar in the region? I would have thought the species would be on the list.

by Anonymousreply 386June 16, 2021 8:23 AM

^to answer my own question:

[Quote]Wild hogs are not protected in South Carolina and there is no closed season or bag limit on private land.

[Quote]Time of Day: Wild hog tend to be most active in the early morning or late evening.

I'm not saying this excludes dad as a suspect. For all we know he convinced them to go to the hunting cabin as "family bonding" time in the midst of difficult times as cover. But it looks like there was a hunting reason to be there.. Me, I'd prefer wild pig over most of the other critters on the hunt calendar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 16, 2021 8:36 AM

Why wasn't Buster encouraged to repair to the lodge? Could Buster have busted out of the closet and become a vigilante against homophobes such as his brother and maybe even mother?

by Anonymousreply 388June 16, 2021 8:40 AM

R385 What the hell is an oyster roast, the boat load of parting kids went to one that night and got blitz there first?

by Anonymousreply 389June 16, 2021 8:47 AM

R389: Oyster roasts are a big thing in Lowcountry South Carolina and Georgia. During oyster season someone hosts an oyster roast, fresh oysters are brought in in big burlap bags, fires are built on the ground, then large flat sheets of metal placed above them and the oysters dumped out atop the hot metal and covered with wet burlap cloth. The oysters are not so much fully cooked or roasted as the heat weakens their strong hinges. The hot oysters, still in shells, are dumped out on long tables and guests gather around, oyster knife and a damp cloth (it's messy) and maybe some lemon juice and cocktail and/or hot sauce (though many purists don't touch these things.)

It's a big social event, the better ones are held at someone's plantation or beach house , and the hosts often invite everyone they know from judges to the country as fuck guy who delivers their firewood, if they have children or even grandchildren ol enough, they all invite their friends, and neighbors, and people owed favors and people being thanked for favors, and all the very indirectly invited guests who tag along. Hundreds of guests, even more, for some of the bigger ones; they are rarely small and intimate, and almost always multi-generational, and with people of very different classes and backgrounds.

There is much drinking, mountains of oysters are eaten, and the events which may start by daylight go long into the night usually. There could be music but that's a bit unusual. There will be people there dressed all sorts, preppy, slutty, Thurston and Mrs. Howell-ish (I've seen furs), fresh off the fishing boat clothes, and cars parked down long driveways and country roads for as far as you can see. Some people host one big famous oyster roast a year, others have a few, maybe smaller, but they're always interesting and fun. The bigger ones often will have a roast pig later in the evening or something aside from oysters, but it's a minimal menu of oysters or oysters plus one other thing (and maybe some hamburgers and hotdogs for young kids over in some corner.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 16, 2021 9:39 AM

R390 Thanks for sharing so much about them. So they’re basically clam bakes, but with oysters. It must be a Southern thing, I’ve never heard of the in New England or the Mid Atlantic, and there aren’t any musicals with songs about them like clam bakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391June 16, 2021 10:07 AM

Oh, enough about South Carolina's climate. Where does it say the photo was taken in South Carolina? The men are wearing tuxes. It could have been taken at a destination wedding or something.

by Anonymousreply 392June 16, 2021 11:30 AM

^Oyster roasts are a "big thing" EVERYWHERE that oysters are found...

by Anonymousreply 393June 16, 2021 11:35 AM

R393: I said "Oyster roasts are a big thing in Lowcountry South Carolina and Georgia" in the context of the topic at hand and its geography.

I've been to an oyster roast in Marin County, California (and they're rather different), to oyster and bull roasts in the coastal Mid-Atlantic where I'm from originally (and they are rather different), but I've never been to or heard of an oyster roast in Brittany or in Portugal -- and oysters are not only found there but harvested in great numbers.

If you're invited to an oyster roast in South Carolina, you just say yes. And if there are two in one day, you do both. It's not a small part of social life.

by Anonymousreply 394June 16, 2021 12:01 PM

I'm with R377

The Grandaddy organised it. During the many years of prosecuting criminals he had the contacts. He certainly had the financial resources to hire the killers. He had the motive and he had a ruthless streak to off them. And with a terminal illness he had nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 395June 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Seems like folks are not about to let drunken murderers use the AFFLUENZA defense in this town!

by Anonymousreply 396June 16, 2021 2:24 PM

Whoever the first person to eat an oyster was, he was a braver man than I.

by Anonymousreply 397June 16, 2021 2:41 PM

South Carolina seems to have perfected the old-school Southern genteel society bullshit. Or maybe I've watched too many episodes of Southern Charm on Bravo.

The classism and white superiority is disgusting. And those conservative Republican men walking around in pastels and straw hats, seeming to be so charming yet underneath, they're some of the worst people you'll ever meet.

by Anonymousreply 398June 16, 2021 3:20 PM

I had a friend from Mississippi who graduated MBA from Columbia and his family came up to New York for the party. They were such condescending phonies it was like watching a cartoon.

Southern women of a certain class - when they hug you, check your ribcage for cutlery.

by Anonymousreply 399June 16, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote]And those conservative Republican men walking around in pastels and straw hats, seeming to be so charming yet underneath, they're some of the worst people you'll ever meet.

When I was in Buckhead, Atlanta, a boozy-faced middle-aged man wearing a straw hat & driving a Range Rover cut me off by ignoring a stop sign, almost causing an accident. I beeped my horn and as he passed, he flashed a very self-satisfied smile and flipped me off.

He was probably on his way to his very Christian church.

by Anonymousreply 400June 16, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]South Carolina seems to have perfected the old-school Southern genteel society bullshit. Or maybe I've watched too many episodes of Southern Charm on Bravo.

Anyone who would appear on a reality TV show is neither genteel nor society. They are white trash. They may be white trash with money, but they are still white trash.

People in the South who are genteel have ways of signaling that without (overtly) showing off. They'd rather have a smallish house in the "right" neighborhood, than a big mansion too far from where the other gals at the Junior League and Colonial Dames live. And they have a not-ostentatious second home at the right beach or mountain enclave. They drive a car that isn't nearly new or all that expensive to the country club everyone knows has a $100,000+ initiation fee.

by Anonymousreply 401June 16, 2021 3:35 PM

So R401 they are similar to our long-gone, almost mythical (and forever-memorialized here at DL) Northeastern WASPS, all busy driving their old Subarus and wearing their wellies with their pink duck print pants.

by Anonymousreply 402June 16, 2021 3:56 PM

R401 - nah, they're just the fame-hungry ones. They're no different - it's just that you don't see the boozy brawls, cheating, and other in public view. They're not some elite group of impeccable morals. Far from it.

It's the same with any elite group - what you described is every old money stereotype, including English aristocracy and landed gentry. But pull back the veneer, and you'll find crude, rude, vile opinions and behavior among themselves and in private. Just go to the Hamptons for a weekend.

Don't be fooled. Money doesn't make them better or a different breed of people.

by Anonymousreply 403June 16, 2021 3:56 PM

A while back I visited Beaufort, SC. It is a lovely town, as is the entire area from Charleston to Savannah where we were exploring. While in Beaufort my partner and I booked an evening stroll ghost tour and were the only people on it.

The tour guide was a lovely young college-age woman who, while in the cemetery, told us an old racist ghost story in the most gentle and charming Southern belle way. I wish I could remember the story, it had something to do with cemetery bones and a Black man afraid of ghosts. Her use of an antiquated Stepin Fetchit dialect while imitating the Black man left us with mouths agape.

BTY, we booked that trip after reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, the tale of quirky characters and murder in Savannah. It's a true story, we visited the home where the murder took place, it's a house museum now. If you haven't already read it, it's a great read, and a trip to the region is very entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 16, 2021 4:07 PM

R99 I was thinking of another "TImmy," the one in Stratholme. Ugly guy, loses his mind, hits like a truck. (If anyone ever played WoW)

by Anonymousreply 405June 16, 2021 4:27 PM

I love oysters (and clams) but prefer to eat them either raw or breaded and fried. IME, people tend to overcook them on the grill and, also, tend to allow the oyster juices to fall out. Result: rubbery and dry oysters.

by Anonymousreply 406June 16, 2021 4:32 PM

Maybe you'd like to try my "oyster" . . .

by Anonymousreply 407June 16, 2021 4:43 PM

Well, at least it won't be dry Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 408June 16, 2021 5:00 PM

When you type “Islandton SC” into Google Maps, the pointer is next to “Bubba's Used Cars and Shop”

by Anonymousreply 409June 16, 2021 5:01 PM

This score is going through my head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 16, 2021 6:36 PM

What language do they speak in South Carolina? Do they drive on the right side of the road? What's a hunting lodge? Do rich people in South Carolina live differently from you and me? Can you explain to me in terms I'd understand as an American, from another state?

by Anonymousreply 411June 16, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote]I had a friend from Mississippi who graduated MBA from Columbia and his family came up to New York for the party. They were such condescending phonies it was like watching a cartoon.

This has been my experience with upper-class Southerners as well. Phony, superiority complexes, a generally awful group of people. Nobody else is "equal" in their eyes. They have a very provincial mindset. I've lived in the Northeast my entire life, but I've had extended stays in the South due to the work I'm in and I could never live there. I couldn't wait to get back North every time I was down there.

by Anonymousreply 412June 16, 2021 6:46 PM

[quote]they are similar to our long-gone, almost mythical (and forever-memorialized here at DL) Northeastern WASPS, all busy driving their old Subarus and wearing their wellies with their pink duck print pants.

I love the DLers who think WASPs are exactly the same today as they were in 1965. No matter how you try to tell them that that lifestyle is pretty much extinct today except for some of the elderly WASPs, they refuse to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 413June 16, 2021 6:48 PM

[quote]Don't be fooled. Money doesn't make them better or a different breed of people.

They think it does and so do the ultra mega crazy rich oligarchs. They think we are animals because we are the poors.

by Anonymousreply 414June 16, 2021 6:50 PM

r414's post also applies to each and every GOP politician in Washington DC, regardless of where they come from.

by Anonymousreply 415June 16, 2021 7:14 PM

Now this is the quality content I come to the DL for. Absolutely delicious

by Anonymousreply 416June 16, 2021 7:14 PM

I would say every politician from both parties.

by Anonymousreply 417June 16, 2021 8:46 PM

Money talks, wealth whispers.

by Anonymousreply 418June 16, 2021 9:13 PM

Had to be someone who knew them well, their schedules, the outlay of the house. And if they had security or a security system. Probably after Paul unless it was the mother's husband behind it. 2 shooters? 2 guns? They weren't playing.

by Anonymousreply 419June 16, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote] Could Buster have busted out of the closet and become a vigilante against homophobes such as his brother and maybe even mother?

That’s just silly. No dude would kill his mother.

by Anonymousreply 420June 16, 2021 9:21 PM

It is reported that the mother begged the shooters, "Not in the jewelry!"

by Anonymousreply 421June 16, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote] my partner and I booked an evening stroll ghost tour

This sounds like it could be fun. I’ve never heard of anything like it.

by Anonymousreply 422June 16, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote] Had to be someone who knew them well, their schedules, the outlay of the house. And if they had security or a security system. Probably after Paul unless it was the mother's husband behind it. 2 shooters? 2 guns? They weren't playing.

The problem is that I would gather dozens or more people in that county probably know the property. People like this use such a property as a party place. The boys would have had many parties there in high school and college, the father would have hosted many hunting parties there, and the wife would have probably used it for a women's retreat at least a few times.

by Anonymousreply 423June 16, 2021 9:30 PM

A friend and I took a moonlight tour of homes in Charleston, SC. You had to buy tickets (and there weren't many), but you got a tour of lovely homes (some over 200 years old) and their gardens by the owners. Wine was served. We loved it.

by Anonymousreply 424June 16, 2021 9:31 PM

R423 The father used it to fucked his WHORES!

And Buster used it for homosexual trysts!

by Anonymousreply 425June 16, 2021 9:32 PM

Several press reports have said the bodies were found outside near the dog kennels. If true -- if -- the assailants wouldn't have needed to know anything about the interior of the Lodge.

by Anonymousreply 426June 16, 2021 9:48 PM

This is based on Sherlock Holmes. If they were found near the kennels, they may have gone outside to see why the dogs were barking.

Dogs bark at strangers.

Which would make you think it wasn't the father.

by Anonymousreply 427June 16, 2021 9:56 PM

It wasn't like this was Ramsey Bolton's dog kennel. The dogs were probably excited to see their dad, and barked for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 428June 16, 2021 9:58 PM

There’s a picture on Maggie’s Facebook where she’s forwarding a rental opportunity for her brother in law’s hunting lodge posted in April. It’s quite impressive including a gun cabinet with about 8 rifles on display out in the open, not a locked case. One of her friends even admonished her that thieves would want to break in to steal them. I can image their hunting lodge is somewhat similar with easy accessible guns.

Did they know the assailants, let them and and they took available guns right there? Did the assailants tease/bother the dogs in the pens so much that the noise drew them out there are then they were shot? One report even said the guns were left behind. Others mentioned that they were killed execution style. Also, the brother in law’s lodge said there was a caretaker on the property, if the hunting dogs were there all the time was there a usual caretaker at their lodge as well? I’m pretty sure the hunting dogs are separate from the family pet dogs and most likely reside there.

by Anonymousreply 429June 16, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote] if the hunting dogs were there all the time was there a usual caretaker at their lodge as well? I’m pretty sure the hunting dogs are separate from the family pet dogs and most likely reside there.

Not sure about this family, the hunting dogs could be kept there and separate from pet dogs or they could be kept with the family. Many rich country families in the South like to emulate the wealthy Brits and be constantly surrounded by their dogs.

by Anonymousreply 430June 16, 2021 10:15 PM

So are there any local updates?

by Anonymousreply 431June 16, 2021 11:28 PM

R422, I've been on many ghost tours, most of them walking tours. One tour in Savannah was in a hearse specially fitted with seats on top like a British bus. It was humiliating but fun.

I went on a walking tour in Key West and heard the most fabulous story of a man who dug up the body of a young woman he secretly loved and mummified her, dressed her as a bride, and lived with her poor body for about seven years. It was a morbid, creepy tale and true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 17, 2021 12:38 AM

Savannah hearse ghost tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433June 17, 2021 12:39 AM

R432, holy shit! That story is crazy!

by Anonymousreply 434June 17, 2021 12:52 AM

r432 that was a segment on HBO's old "Autopsy" show. That man had sex with the corpse! He was one sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 435June 17, 2021 1:14 AM

Still say this is hoax. All staged so son could get away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 436June 17, 2021 1:15 AM

The killers knew what they were doing.

by Anonymousreply 437June 17, 2021 1:19 AM

My fantasy cast; Jesse Tyler Ferguson starring as Paul/Timmy. James Cordon as the flamboyant Buster. Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Murdagh, Sr (STFU I can pick a dead guy if I want) Christine Baranski as Ms. Murdaugh

by Anonymousreply 438June 17, 2021 1:21 AM

R438 Every single person you cast could play the parent or grandparent of that character.

by Anonymousreply 439June 17, 2021 1:28 AM

That mother sounds just like a Miss Valdosta Feed and Grain to me.

by Anonymousreply 440June 17, 2021 1:48 AM

The mother is has had plastic surgery and is now unrecognizable. The son is hiding on their private island. Son and mother will head to Mexico and no one will be looking for them because they are "dead".

by Anonymousreply 441June 17, 2021 1:56 AM

R441 There is no need for all that, if it was just about the boating accident. It is doubtful he would convicted and even if he was it is more doubtful he would face a long sentence. Also, it wouldn't save their fortune because the family can still sure in civil court.

by Anonymousreply 442June 17, 2021 2:01 AM

I don't think the family was worried about that trial. Why would they be?

These deaths didn't result because of that.

This was fury, anger at the mother and son.

by Anonymousreply 443June 17, 2021 2:04 AM

DL Breaking News Alert-------->>>GMA has an "exclusive" interview they are promoting for Thursdays GMA. Oddly enough they do not have the promo on their GMA website...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444June 17, 2021 2:11 AM

I'm predicting this will be as cringe worthy as the Prince Andrew interview.

by Anonymousreply 445June 17, 2021 2:29 AM

Gayle King: "Why is your face so red?"

Alex Maudaugh: "Ur, I've been crying over my dear sweet boy. Oh, and, ur, my angel wife, too!"

Gayle King: "Bitch, please! Your face was a red as a baboon's butt presenting loooooong before that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 17, 2021 2:39 AM

R-439: yeah well I can’t think of any other husky gingers that fit the age ranges!!

by Anonymousreply 447June 17, 2021 2:42 AM

The Family should have went to Savannah Guthrie for an interview. She is so SOFT she probably would have wasted time asking what Busters favorite color is and if the Old Timer was a member of AARP. And her big follow up question would be asking the Family what they think the Killers favorite breakfast cereal is....Savannah was on her way out before Lauers scandal and she should be kissing the ground thankful NBC is desperate enough to keep her.

by Anonymousreply 448June 17, 2021 2:51 AM

[quote]The Family should have went to Savannah Guthrie

There are have enough deaths. Don't kill the English language, too.

by Anonymousreply 449June 17, 2021 2:53 AM

R445 That was something we hadn't considered about the fur coat. Perhaps the mother suffered from Prince Andrew Disease and couldn't sweat.

by Anonymousreply 450June 17, 2021 5:09 AM

[quote]Many rich country families in the South like to emulate the wealthy Brits and be constantly surrounded by their dogs.

A pack of dogs (household or hunting) perform a most useful service, too: they fan out all directions and scout out snakes and alligators.

by Anonymousreply 451June 17, 2021 6:19 AM

But are unlikely to be able to stop hitmen.

by Anonymousreply 452June 17, 2021 6:24 AM

They might but not if they're locked in a kennel.

by Anonymousreply 453June 17, 2021 7:04 AM

Alligators eat dogs.

by Anonymousreply 454June 17, 2021 8:43 AM

If dad was out hunting wouldn't the dogs have been with him?

by Anonymousreply 455June 17, 2021 10:10 AM

[quote]Alligators eat dogs.

Unusually. But only you've been alerted to the fact that there's a fucking alligator out by the okra. That's why you keep a bunch of house dogs in addition to any hunting dogs (if you're of that disposition), the more to spread out in all directions and scare things off, and the greater ability to sacrifice one. The house dogs instinctively run ahead and tag along and fan out and scare off things that might surprise you otherwise.

If you were staying at a friend's place in the country and you realized that you had left your mobile in the car, your host would say "be sure to take the dogs out with you and let them run on ahead." They will bark wildly if they spot a snake. under your car, for instance.

Plantations typically have a lot of wildlife.

by Anonymousreply 456June 17, 2021 10:36 AM

*And hunting lodges worse.

by Anonymousreply 457June 17, 2021 10:36 AM

[quote]I understand the girl's family going after the boy, but killing the mother

You cant kill evil spawn unless you go to the source. Even if her eggs are dried up cat turds, she still has grand kids and could adopt influence her shitty morals on them just like her son.

by Anonymousreply 458June 17, 2021 10:45 AM

Which makes it even more unusual for the mom to be there this time of year, r456. Those conditions aren't exactly up a society maven's alley.

by Anonymousreply 459June 17, 2021 10:48 AM

R459 Hence my theory that Mom and Dad took ginger Paul to the more remote hunting lodge to try to detox him from whatever drugs he was doing themselves instead of the scandal of rehab. His abrupt leaving and not being paid up to the drug dealers is why they came after him and the thought of him and his powerful family maybe turning on them and having the drug enforcement go after them was part of it too.

by Anonymousreply 460June 17, 2021 10:57 AM

Maybe they realized if the mother lived she would use all her wealthy connection to white wash the actions of her "misguided" son. Taking her out ends that story. Plus, I am sure there must be anger for her bringing him into the world and raising him is such a way that this event could happen. His actions don't sound like a one time event.

by Anonymousreply 461June 17, 2021 10:58 AM

This is like an episode of Ozark.

by Anonymousreply 462June 17, 2021 11:00 AM

R462 I’m hoping Outer Banks can quickly do the show some rough justice next season.

by Anonymousreply 463June 17, 2021 11:04 AM

Is it possible that Paul was killed for rough justice, and PETA just went along for the ride because of the fur coat and that’s why there were two different guns?

by Anonymousreply 464June 17, 2021 11:06 AM

"A boy's best friend is his mother."

He's close enough there to be playing the "Hey Mom, how many fingers do I have inside you?" game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465June 17, 2021 11:08 AM

I was nowhere near the place, I swear.

by Anonymousreply 466June 17, 2021 11:09 AM

I just threw up in my mouth R465.

by Anonymousreply 467June 17, 2021 11:11 AM

I know the husband is by her with his arm behind her, but I kinda cringed when I saw that picture.

Mom was an attractive woman who got slammed by menopause.

by Anonymousreply 468June 17, 2021 11:19 AM

Here’s the GMA promo, the ginger is the youngest brother of Dad, uncle to Paul, but I don’t know who the dark haired guy is. So no Dad or Buster on the show I guess?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 17, 2021 11:30 AM

I wonder if it will be a soft interview.

by Anonymousreply 470June 17, 2021 11:47 AM

They were searching nearby swamps yesterday, Twitter responders saying a female on the property heard gunshots that night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471June 17, 2021 11:47 AM

He was rumored to have beaten another boy (skull smashed in) and it was passed off as a hit & run. The slain boys brother has posted about it on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 472June 17, 2021 11:52 AM

more info...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473June 17, 2021 11:54 AM

R472 clearly has not read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 474June 17, 2021 11:57 AM

Twitter response says he’s the cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475June 17, 2021 12:00 PM

My first trip to Charleston SC as a sales rep in the 90s was memorable due to the fact that the old Cooper River Bridge was closed due to heavy sleet that froze on the metal bridge. I was there many times when the temps were in the 30s at night.

by Anonymousreply 476June 17, 2021 12:02 PM

Just found this thread. Fascinating. A worthy successor to the PA snow cleaning murders threads (are they still ongoing?).

by Anonymousreply 477June 17, 2021 12:05 PM

[Quote]"I don’t really know of any enemies,” Randy Murdaugh said. “You hear all of this talk on social media with regard to Paul but I don’t know of anybody that would truly be an enemy and would truly want to harm them.”

Uh, huh. From the GMA interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 17, 2021 12:22 PM

R477, the PA event was white trash killing each other. You knew who did it the minute it happened.

This is an actual mystery,

by Anonymousreply 479June 17, 2021 12:45 PM

Fur Mom takes Ginger TIMMY on a car ride to the hunting cabin, planning to meet the Porky Pig Dad there to do an "Intervention" with the little shitbag. The civil trial is coming up and they need for him to cut back on the murderin' and switch from coke to something less rage inducing. Porky Pig Dad is delayed at the hospital because of dying pawpaw and, to be honest, he doesn't want to deal with either his dried up hag of a wife or his potato-headed son, who keeps killing the help. Because Porky Pig dad is late, Ginger TIMMY and fur mom start the "discussion" early and alone, with fur mom begging Ginger TIMMY to think of the family name and Ginger TIMMY all: "DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO, WHORE!"

Fur Mom, fed up, threatens to cut Ginger TIMMY off which sends him into a rage he hasn't felt since...well he actually feels these rages often but he usually has a handy target who isn't Fur mom. This time he doesn't and loaded guns are everywhere (this is the Southern United States, so of course there are).

Ginger TIMMY shows that WHORE what happens when she tells him "No." BANG! BANG! BANG! to the face, because Ginger TIMMY knows she'd hate that the most!

Porky Pig Dad finally arrives at the cabin, already pissed off he has to spend time with these fuckers, just in time to catch Ginger TIMMY, shooting Fur Mom in the face. He is enraged because WTF, can't this kid follow directions at all? What a total FUCK UP! Porky Pig Dad picks up another loaded firearm and shoots Ginger TIMMY to death.

Porky Pig Dad looks at the mess, bemoans that the rugs can't be saved and calls his lawyer. HE can follow directions, at least.

by Anonymousreply 480June 17, 2021 1:02 PM

I like it, R480.

I like it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 481June 17, 2021 1:07 PM

Dried up hag of a wife? Have you seen the husband?

by Anonymousreply 482June 17, 2021 1:09 PM

I was writing from Porky Pig Dad's POV, R482. Every fat, fug straight guy thinks they deserve a 25 year old hottie and that their age appropriate wife is a "dried up hag".

by Anonymousreply 483June 17, 2021 1:15 PM

Hotty Sam Brock was covering the case on the Today show this morning.

Can we discuss the acronym: SLED? Why in the world would the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division not be SCLED? It isn't like Southcarolina is one word. It's literal violence to have that acronym be incorrect!

by Anonymousreply 484June 17, 2021 1:28 PM

I do love how we've not only covered the wearing of animal fur in humid, subtropical climate types, but also the effective use of working dogs in clearing vermin in a murder thread and we're only in thread 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485June 17, 2021 1:42 PM

R478 - Randy - you're not HELPING! Of COURSE we had enemies - stick to the script. If we had no enemies, they're going to be looking at ME, you FOOL!

Remember - we talked about 2 black men that we had seen on the property before? 2 black men! You had ONE JOB RANDY!

by Anonymousreply 486June 17, 2021 2:13 PM

Here’s the GMA interview of Dad’s two brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487June 17, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote]I do love how we've not only covered the wearing of animal fur in humid, subtropical climate

If you read the deposition of the girlfriend, the thing that made Paul/Timmy stripping down to his boxers on the boat especially odd was that it was 40 degrees.

by Anonymousreply 488June 17, 2021 3:52 PM

after watching that video I am going with "this was a family affair" agreed upon by all

by Anonymousreply 489June 17, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote]Agents of the South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) are reportedly collecting evidence in a swampy area near the Salkehatchie River

This calls for a Bobbie Gentry song.

It was the seventh of June, another sleepy, swampy fucked up night

Timmy was snortin’ something, Fur Mama and busy getting’ tight.

The dogs was barkin’ and Daddy called to say he was runnin’ late.

So much yellin’ and face slappin’ no one heard the creak of the gate.

by Anonymousreply 490June 17, 2021 4:01 PM

R487 Was there a sale at the Ratty Korean Wig Shop in Beaufort?

by Anonymousreply 491June 17, 2021 4:05 PM

R487 "They had no enemies but they were getting death threats."

That makes so much sense.

by Anonymousreply 492June 17, 2021 4:08 PM

R471 Looks like they think the weapons may have been ditched from that bridge.

by Anonymousreply 493June 17, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote]If you read the deposition of the girlfriend, the thing that made Paul/Timmy stripping down to his boxers on the boat especially odd was that it was 40 degrees.

High school, college, age, young adult, and older men in the Lowcountry, the kind who don't mind letting you know that "daddy's got a few dollars" are wedded to the "it's not fucking cold!" thing and insist that, since they live in the semi-tropics, long trouser, coats, jackets are bad form. It's short pants, t-sheets, button-downs with rolled-up sleeves, and convertible tops down unless there's snow falling (then they borrow their mother's furs.)

by Anonymousreply 494June 17, 2021 4:38 PM

R494 I pointed out it was 40 degrees in response to people asking why anyone would wear a fur coat in South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 495June 17, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote] the old Cooper River Bridge

That was the scariest Bridge in the world, even crossing it in perfect weather would cause an atheist to pray out of caution.

[quote] Can we discuss the acronym: SLED? Why in the world would the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division not be SCLED?

Because, SCLED would sound stupid when spoken out loud.

by Anonymousreply 496June 17, 2021 5:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497June 17, 2021 5:38 PM

The uncle isn't great looking but compared to the father he is a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 498June 17, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]That's why you keep a bunch of house dogs in addition to any hunting dogs (if you're of that disposition), the more to spread out in all directions and scare things off, and the greater ability to sacrifice one.

Why, we never thought to use dogs.

by Anonymousreply 499June 17, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] If you read the deposition of the girlfriend, the thing that made Paul/Timmy stripping down to his boxers on the boat especially odd was that it was 40 degrees.

Dang! Those Murdaughs were tough! (And heat resistant by the looks of things!)

by Anonymousreply 500June 17, 2021 6:07 PM

Changed my mind. It was the dead girl’s boyfriend and a pal of his who did it. I still think the mother was collateral damage, she got in the way.

by Anonymousreply 501June 17, 2021 6:12 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502June 17, 2021 6:14 PM

R502: We still have 100 posts to go, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 503June 17, 2021 6:18 PM

R501: I like that idea. He recently posted a pic to social media with her name (and tacky, huge angel wings) tattooed to his back. And he, quite menacingly, had a shotgun dangling over his shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 504June 17, 2021 6:19 PM

R503 Apologies, I came too soon, as ever.

How do I delete this?

by Anonymousreply 505June 17, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote]I have a friend with chickens who used an inherited mink coat to make some coatlets for some hens that were being picked on.

This might be the sweetest thing I've ever read.

by Anonymousreply 506June 17, 2021 6:30 PM

It wouldn't solve the mystery but I'd be curious to know whether they were each killed by one gun or whether each received bullets from both guns.

by Anonymousreply 507June 17, 2021 6:31 PM

My impression was that the son was killed with a shotgun and the mother was killed with a semi-automatic assault rifle.

The rifle would be a cleaner, less painful death.

by Anonymousreply 508June 17, 2021 6:34 PM

I wonder if they saw it coming at the end. To go from never having any consequences to facing the ultimate one. Must have been quite the reckoning.

by Anonymousreply 509June 17, 2021 6:50 PM

R509 When faced with the killer(s), I imagine both mother and son were screaming, "Don't shoot me. It was her/his fault!"

by Anonymousreply 510June 17, 2021 6:57 PM

r502 just post the link again when we are close to 600

by Anonymousreply 511June 17, 2021 7:23 PM

'Paul had been awaiting trial on charges relating to Beach's death, after she was thrown from the boat he was driving. He denied the allegations he had faced.'

Despite EVERYBODY saying he was drunk and should not have been driving the boat. But there was no hard evidence without a breathalyzer test. There is always a breathalyzer test. How was there not the most basic thing in this case? Most people would have been too intimidated to testify against this guy and those that did would have been ripped apart by defense lawyers. It would have been 3 deaths and counting. This guy would have gotten off and become even more emboldened. He did seem to have a number of friends who even got in the boat despite knowing he was drunk. And it seems nobody protested too strongly despite quite a few people knowing it was crazy. It seems his status in such an important family trumped all.

by Anonymousreply 512June 17, 2021 7:55 PM

People in the boat claimed that Paul/Timmy may have been on coke, but it sounds more like meth.

by Anonymousreply 513June 17, 2021 8:04 PM

If anyone had agreed to testify against him, there would have been another death.

by Anonymousreply 514June 17, 2021 8:07 PM

For the final time, the coat is faux fur. That is, FAKE fur for you Walmart shoppers.

by Anonymousreply 515June 17, 2021 8:08 PM

R515 How do you know it’s not something classy, like French lapin? She seems like trash that would claim real fur but wear something cheap.

by Anonymousreply 516June 17, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote] But there was no hard evidence without a breathalyzer test. There is always a breathalyzer test. How was there not the most basic thing in this case?

Hmm, what part of local legal dynasty are you not getting?

by Anonymousreply 517June 17, 2021 8:31 PM

Christ R502 You jump the gun, sully my reputation, don’t use a picture WTF?

by Anonymousreply 518June 17, 2021 8:52 PM

R512 Many people refuse to do a breathalyzer now. They believe that it is beneficial to their legal case to refuse, especially since the state DUI laws/punishments are based on the degree of intoxification. However, a refusal in many states is considered an admission of guilt, and one can get convicted baed on LEO testimony.

It seems common sense - if you haven't been drinking, just do the breathalyzer.

by Anonymousreply 519June 17, 2021 8:55 PM

Paul “Timmy” Murdaugh called his father and grandfather, two lawyers who were on the scene while the cops arrived. There were some 911 issues with the location, although daddy and grand pappy had no problem knowing where they were. The caller kept telling the 911 operator it was “Archer’s Creek” and between the southern accent and the slurred drunken speech they kept asking “Archer Street?” They must not have been a local. The officers noted that they were all drunk, but the lawyers told the kids to not say anything and refuse breathalyzer tests. There was also question of who should administer it, the people with jurisdiction over the water or the land, that also lead to confusion and it not being done. And of course being a powerful family they intimidated the authorities to say and do what they wanted. The one officer who questioned about what was done was found with drugs planted on him and fired.

by Anonymousreply 520June 17, 2021 9:19 PM

Didn't we cover earlier that in South Carolina steering a boat whilst intoxicated is not a crime?

Now whether causing death by reckless sailing or some such law is I don't know.

But if bring drunk in charge of a boat isn't a crime, then the police wouldn't of had a reason to breathalyse junior.

by Anonymousreply 521June 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Here’s S.C. BUI regulations. Death can result in a $10,000-$25,000 fine and one to twenty five years in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 17, 2021 9:25 PM

Sounds like somebody did the whole fucking country a solid by plugging this entitled prick and his cunt of a mother.

Punk ass bitch was well on his way to becoming the next Matt Gaetz.

Mark my words, "Timmy" the entitled terror, would have run for office and WON.

by Anonymousreply 523June 17, 2021 9:26 PM

The family's fingerprints have been on countless cases tied to the legal system in the Lowcountry. The State newspaper of Columbia noted in 2019 that they helped to put thousands of people in prison and sent more than a dozen to death row and that "year after year, the family law firm in Hampton has won millions of dollars in civil lawsuits, relentlessly pursuing those at fault in fatal collisions."

Randolph Murdaugh III's dedication to public service and the family's lineage were celebrated at his funeral Sunday, including how he; his father, Randolph "Buster" Murdaugh Jr.; and a grandfather, Randolph Murdaugh Sr., carried on a legacy as lawyers and were all elected to the same office of solicitor.

"For 87 consecutive years, three generations of the Murdaugh family served as Solicitor of the 14th Circuit," his funeral program said, according to The Island Packet newspaper of Hilton Head. "This 87 years of service in one office, by the same family, is the longest in the history of the United States."

Well.....

by Anonymousreply 524June 17, 2021 9:31 PM

Jim Griffin, who was Murdaugh’s attorney in preliminary hearings in the case, believes that the ongoing investigation(February 2019 crash that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach) along with secrecy over the current murder probe suggests a link.

“I can understand that they would not want to open the investigative file to disclosure because there may be information related to the murder investigation,” Griffin told the paper.

However, the family still “don’t know for certain” if there is a connection, longtime friend Tangie Peeples Ohmer told Fox News on Monday.

TANGIE PEEPLES?? How delicious.

by Anonymousreply 525June 17, 2021 9:36 PM

R522 Thank you for posting the legal position. So, most certainly, the police would have a reasonable grounds to breathalyse the lad after the fatal boating accident.

R524 I find it amazing that the same family have been elected to the same position for so long. I always think of America as egalitarian, but the hereditary nature of some elected officials surprises me.

R525 I wonder if the defence lawyer was fishing for a reaction from law enforcement about there being a possible link between the boating fatality and the murders.

by Anonymousreply 526June 17, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote] [R524] I find it amazing that the same family have been elected to the same position for so long. I always think of America as egalitarian, but the hereditary nature of some elected officials surprises me.

They are just the down home equivalents of the Kennedy, Bushes, etc.

by Anonymousreply 527June 17, 2021 10:06 PM

The defense attorney may have been suggesting it was Malory Beach's family or boyfriend to distract from look at his client's family.

by Anonymousreply 528June 17, 2021 10:06 PM

R528 Yes I agree.

R527 You see that's what I find strange. Over here in the UK we have dynastic families, but I find it strange that the US, with its completely different system, does too.

by Anonymousreply 529June 17, 2021 10:13 PM

Oh I hope so. No jury would convict them. And the rest of us would get enormous satisfaction in a story of revenge so fully deserved.

by Anonymousreply 530June 17, 2021 10:13 PM

Is the killer(s) at the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 531June 17, 2021 10:15 PM

R531 It would make for a good story if they were.

by Anonymousreply 532June 17, 2021 10:20 PM

R531 Does that happen often? Where the killer attends the funeral of the person they killed?

by Anonymousreply 533June 17, 2021 10:21 PM

R533 It does on soaps and murder mysteries

by Anonymousreply 534June 17, 2021 10:22 PM

I wish we could read the autopsy reports. I wonder who was shot first.

by Anonymousreply 535June 17, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote]Does that happen often? Where the killer attends the funeral of the person they killed?

I usually go if I have something to wear.

by Anonymousreply 536June 17, 2021 10:24 PM

Have you been to a funeral lately? People throw on anything.

by Anonymousreply 537June 17, 2021 10:28 PM

R537 Not all people. (Yes, I judge the ones that dress like that.)

by Anonymousreply 538June 17, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote]Death can result in a $10,000-$25,000 fine and one to twenty five years in prison.

Seems awful harsh for the corpse.

by Anonymousreply 539June 17, 2021 10:31 PM

R535 That sounds like an unlikely outcome, the time difference is going to be negligible to distinguish something like that. The only thing I could think of if they can distinguish before and after blood splatters or firing residue on the body, but we don’t even know if they were close enough for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 540June 17, 2021 10:31 PM

I like to go to the funerals and comfort the parents.

ME: "His last words were about you."

THEMS: "What did he said?"

ME: "Today is no day for cruelness."

by Anonymousreply 541June 17, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote]Over here in the UK we have dynastic families, but I find it strange that the US, with its completely different system, does too.

Well then, you're an idiot. Or as y'all across the Pond might say, a wanker.

by Anonymousreply 542June 17, 2021 10:33 PM

Well, I mean the good thing was family was already in town for the one group of funerals and then for the granddad, so no one had to travel twice and maybe they got some deals on the triple booking? Can they do the chiavari chair rental for the week and it be cheaper then the two single days, you know like a rental car?

by Anonymousreply 543June 17, 2021 10:37 PM

R540- Maybe the killers were there to kill Paul and his father, and when the mother came out with Paul they had no choice but to kill her as well. The father also could have easily hired a hitman to kill them. We need to know if he was having an affair.

by Anonymousreply 544June 17, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote] For the final time, the coat is faux fur. That is, FAKE fur for you Walmart shoppers.

That's what I said, way upthread. That coat is obviously fake. Not sure why a rich woman would be wearing a POS like that coat.

by Anonymousreply 545June 17, 2021 10:43 PM

^She saw the Designg Women episode with baby nanny Constance Pine and Suzanne getting trapped wear her mink pullover for weeks due to her broken arm.

by Anonymousreply 546June 17, 2021 10:49 PM

The shabby faux fur coat is the real crime in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 547June 17, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]Does that happen often? Where the killer attends the funeral of the person they killed?

Unchristian tongues wag otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 548June 17, 2021 11:06 PM

R531- Yes, they actually do attend their victims funeral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549June 17, 2021 11:37 PM

Italians do it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 550June 17, 2021 11:58 PM

Otherwise, people would talk.

by Anonymousreply 551June 18, 2021 12:10 AM

R551, see how it's really done with R548.

by Anonymousreply 552June 18, 2021 12:17 AM

This is a good overview of the crimes. It does make a point that the bodies were discovered yards apart. There are many images here that are new to the ones usually seen in articles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 18, 2021 1:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554June 18, 2021 2:17 AM

R554- That not guilty verdict was soul crushing. It seems as if everything wrong in this country started with that travesty of a verdict.

by Anonymousreply 555June 18, 2021 2:22 AM

R553 That video was really bad. Not only did the narrator sound as if she had a chronic case of hiccups, but she also showed pics of the wrong people or the wrong time to illustrate her narrative. She kept showing pics of Buster when she was talking about Paul.

by Anonymousreply 556June 18, 2021 2:34 AM

First half of this covers the crimes. Again that the bodies were yards apart and that shot gun shells were left behind. Wouldn’t professional killers have definitely taken those with them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557June 18, 2021 2:35 AM

Perfect for a true crime miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 558June 18, 2021 2:37 AM

R557- Always, without fail. The only reason they wouldn't is if they were unexpectedly interrupted I would think. Maybe the mother heard them and came out of the lodge. Maybe they accounts for the distance between the bodies!

by Anonymousreply 559June 18, 2021 2:41 AM

R559- Typo- that, not they.

by Anonymousreply 560June 18, 2021 2:43 AM

Dateline title:

[quote] Murder Murdaugh

by Anonymousreply 561June 18, 2021 3:06 AM

I wonder if the shooter/s went all ‘Timmy’ and stripped down to their underwear before the shootings?

by Anonymousreply 562June 18, 2021 6:42 AM

Yesterday's DM said all four survivors of the boat crash have voluntarily given DNA samples to rule themselves out as suspects. Wouldn't that imply LE has DNA from the crime scene to compare it to?

by Anonymousreply 563June 18, 2021 10:01 AM

R561 Which makes me think of Murdur Durdur. One hopes that it’s a hard hitting, but life scrambled, female detective of a certain age who will solve the crime so that Kate Winslet can learn the complicated lowland Southern drawl and become enamored of some southern South Carolina gas food mart chain coffee and get HBO to fork over the big bucks for the limited run series. Maybe the brothers are in an incestuous relationship and they fought over that gay nursing boy who came between them and was killed in a fit of passionate rage? Or maybe there was a Luna story going on between mother and son and brother Buster was jealous? I think Mallory took some secrets to her watery grave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564June 18, 2021 10:56 AM

554 - OIm no OJ lover and he is guilty as hell. However, you will have to go back one step further to those racist cops getting off for beati Rodney King that was the culminatio of the Los angeles decades long anti Blackness that even I know about , all the way over in the UK.

As older people say, and I am sure that includes any set of people from as far away as Corsica to the Motherland. ."If you don't want none, don't start none". OJ's acquittal didn't come out of the clear blue sky, unexpected. When Blacck people had the one window to avenge judicial anti Blackness, the chance to humiliate white people was taken with both hands. My Black arse, coming from a background of domestic violence didn't agree, but I will NOT gaslight by not saying that I sure as fuck understood it.

I even understand why Bubba, Bo and them shot the shit out of this never was going to be made to pay for his violent folly idiot from the lowlands of South Carolina. Shoot, I even understand why Momma was shot to shit, too. America didn't go wrong after OJ. It's BEEN wrong for quite a few people, as has The Paradigm in many other countries. I'd say as a member of GenX that it is the narcissistic, shitty side of Gen X and young Boomer parenting that is the provenance for the out of control entitlement now couched in the narratives of heirarchal oppression , given legitimacy through underthinking academia that is the cause of so much fuckry today. Add that to social media where a crazy can find one of their own without leaving their home and boom, we have today's "culture", still run by old people's money and who should know better.

I'm just glad that one of these entitled wretches gets taken out of rotation now and again .... from thugs in Brixton and Chicago , to go too pink in the sun generationally rich, white men, in the U.S South, to that Mexican American woman who thought that beating up a white elder woman who had the temerity to question her tardiness was going to go right for her, because she convinced herself that she has no privilege, not even the privilege of having a superior physicality compared to an out of shape, non gym bunny old white woman who wanted her package.

by Anonymousreply 565June 18, 2021 11:20 AM

He's not black, he's O.J.

by Anonymousreply 566June 18, 2021 11:24 AM

R549 Thank you for that.

Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 567June 18, 2021 11:43 AM

Taking a shotgun to an assassination doesn't sound professional.

by Anonymousreply 568June 18, 2021 11:56 AM

I’m OP, since someone jumped the gun and did a thread two should we continue there or should I start another?

by Anonymousreply 569June 18, 2021 12:01 PM

Is there a reason not to use the already created Part Two? Has it gone off the rails or something?

by Anonymousreply 570June 18, 2021 12:02 PM

[quote][R551], see how it's really done with [R548].

Like Patti LuPone, I don't read the other parts of the play/thread. Nor do I care to, R548.

by Anonymousreply 571June 18, 2021 12:08 PM

R569 OP of thread two here. Apologies I thought that the thread ran out at 501 posts.

Stay here for the moment and link thread 2 later.

by Anonymousreply 572June 18, 2021 12:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573June 18, 2021 12:19 PM

Love the quote from one of the officers on the scene: "...the Murdaugh boy was still just being belligerent and stupid."

You're right R573, so many similar-looking people in this town. Lovecraftian!

Here's the same article without all the Daily Fail's spammy garbage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574June 18, 2021 1:08 PM

Every photo of the porcine father needs only the same caption, "Boy, step out of my way. I need a shit like something wicked."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575June 18, 2021 1:15 PM

So the Beaches and all the kids on the boat have given DNA.

That leaves Timmy's family . . . and the mom of the gay nurse. . . . and the family of the housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 576June 18, 2021 1:54 PM

Looking at that hunting lodge and how remote and hidden from the road it is, one would have to be familiar with that property, I would think. I wish we had some still photos of it. I do wonder what kind of DNA they could possibly have giving the remote, wooded crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 577June 18, 2021 2:01 PM

r569 don't start another one because people are already posting on the 2nd one.

I thought Paul looked more like his uncle and nothing like his father.

by Anonymousreply 578June 18, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote]Looking at that hunting lodge and how remote and hidden from the road it is, one would have to be familiar with that property

Family and friends would be familiar with it.

Was Mallory's boyfriend Paul's friend? Or was he on the boat because Mallory was friends with someone?

by Anonymousreply 579June 18, 2021 2:09 PM

Sorry, taking this from my watch threads so I won't accidentally post in the wrong thread again, lol.

by Anonymousreply 580June 18, 2021 2:15 PM

Back to the details of the case - so the Dad has an alibi of going to see his sick father in the hospital. The father who then dies at home 2 days later.

Why didn't his wife and kid go with him to the hospital if he was that bad off? It's all really convenient that the Dad was not there or left and came back just 30 minutes after the murders. What was so pressing to stay in that relatively rustic hunting lodge in the humid, rainy summer night instead of paying a hospital visit?

It reminds me of the Davy Blackburn minister case - where he arrived home and sat in his car on the phone for many minutes while his wife was bleeding out in the house.

Very convenient for them to be the first to come across the scene so closely after the murders. It's almost like they want to ensure the job was done and to clean up the scene before the cops get there. And to make sure they were the first ones to come across the scene, should anyone hear of the gunshots.

They did say the crime scene was tampered with - which can all be dismissed away as a distressed father finds the two bodies.

by Anonymousreply 581June 18, 2021 2:37 PM

I love the title of this thread. Good job, OP.

by Anonymousreply 582June 18, 2021 2:41 PM

[quote]And to make sure they were the first ones to come across the scene, should anyone hear of the gunshots.

No, you get to the crime scene first so there is an excuse for why your DNA and footprints are all over it.

by Anonymousreply 583June 18, 2021 2:44 PM

R583, is that you, Patsy Ramsey?

by Anonymousreply 584June 18, 2021 2:54 PM

I was John Ramsey who "found" the body and smeared his fibers/DNA all over it before the police could do their lackluster examination.

by Anonymousreply 585June 18, 2021 3:11 PM

Here is the address of the hunting lodge. Look at it in satellite view and you will see three contiguous cleared areas along the road and forest behind extending the river and beyond. To the right is a building that appears as red, near the public road. This is the building shown in numerous news photos. Well back from the road and shielded from view from the road is a large modern house with a driveway and a few trees lining it.

The size and complexity indicate the house is a proper house, not a little hunting shack to drink and play grabass. The family's other house is almost 90 minutes away in Edisto, so this place was their base in their workaday world of running politics and getting people off DUIs and accident claims.

4147 Moselle Rd, Islandton, SC 29929

by Anonymousreply 586June 18, 2021 3:14 PM

R586 Is the long green strip that runs at a right angle to the driveway up to the modern house a grass runway for a light aircraft?

by Anonymousreply 587June 18, 2021 3:24 PM

R586 - they have a beach house in Edisto and lived in Hampton, I believe. This is not their formal home by any means. Did you look at the pics? It's still rustic. That fur coat wearing woman wouldn't live in that place year round, nor would have anyone else as it isn't by schools or anything else.

I don't know where you jump to conclusions that this is some compound and their 'base' - that's absurd. Besides the fact that they call it their hunting lodge.

by Anonymousreply 588June 18, 2021 3:32 PM

[Quote]I do wonder what kind of DNA they could possibly have giving the remote, wooded crime scene.

Touch DNA on the shotgun shells? They didn't "police their brass" and possibly didn't wear gloves loading the weapons. That is if the rain didn't wash it away. I'm still unclear whether it rained at the time of the shootings and immediately after.

by Anonymousreply 589June 18, 2021 3:41 PM

R589 - it rained before and after the shootings.

And it was dark and in the middle of nowhere - I doubt they had flood lights to put on the soaking ground in the middle of the night to collect evidence and pics from this cracker jack team of Bubba investigators.

by Anonymousreply 590June 18, 2021 3:47 PM

Note too, if you go 3D and zoom in that there is a second unguarded entrance to the main house a few hundred yards south of the main entrance. Looks like an easy access for an ambush.

by Anonymousreply 591June 18, 2021 3:52 PM

I think Alex set this up. His alibi places him there 30 minutes before and after the murders. The remote wooded lodge was the perfect place were no one would see or hear anything. His firing of and altercation with the disgruntled grounds keeper is too convenient in my opinion and if it was the groundskeeper Alex would be his main target. It is usually always the husband.

by Anonymousreply 592June 18, 2021 3:54 PM

Does Buster have an alibi?

by Anonymousreply 593June 18, 2021 3:55 PM

That also gave Alex time to tamper with the crime scene. He has the money and power .

by Anonymousreply 594June 18, 2021 3:56 PM

Hospitals are having very limited visiting conditions during COVID and I think one visitor is standard now, which is why the wife and son didn’t go. I also saw somewhere that he went to visit his mother after being at the hospital, or possible she was there and he drove her back to her home before heading to the hunting lodge.

by Anonymousreply 595June 18, 2021 4:25 PM

But he was only away from the lodge for an hour, no?

by Anonymousreply 596June 18, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote] Why didn't his wife and kid go with him to the hospital if he was that bad off?

I don’t know the hospital the grandfather was in and their rules. But, my local hospital in SC is still restricting visitation, even for dying patients, to one at a time and no more than two different in a day.

by Anonymousreply 597June 18, 2021 4:28 PM

Link to PART II

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598June 18, 2021 4:34 PM

May as well finish the thread with how it started. This TikTok showed up on my FYP and sounded bizarrely interesting so I did a deep dive down the rabbit hole and thought y’all might be interested in joining me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599June 18, 2021 4:44 PM

Goodbye thread one. 👋

by Anonymousreply 600June 18, 2021 5:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!