Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The campiest thing you will see today is the Masters of the Universe trailer for Netflix

Gigantic tit muscles, mincing Skeletor and Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out For a Hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2021 4:48 AM

Mein Skeletor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 5:10 PM

Kevin Smith is gay confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 5:24 PM

As campy as the trailer seems, Kevin Smith already told us Mattel wouldn't allow him to make fun of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE or camp it up.

So this is about as funny or ironic as it's going to get.

Supposedly, Smith is going for a dark, "graphic novel" vibe, but I doubt Mattel would let that get too "graphic," either.

They're selling children's toys and they won't even let He-Man kill anybody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 5:24 PM

Skeletor seems a lot less mincing than he's ever been. Smith gave him a deep voice this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 5:26 PM

No to this.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 5:28 PM

I'm also over the Japanimé visual style.

He-Man already reinvented itself with the Manga/animé style in 2002.

Now Netflix is working on yet ANOTHER MOTU reboot in a CGI, 3D-animated style coming out ASAP. With five recent seasons of SHE-RA, two competing He-Man TV series and the new movie, I think Mattel is overkilling it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 5:44 PM

Well, the anticipated premiere didn't come. But now Kevin Smith has a personal plug.

He says one "Revelation" will be outing Prince Adam as He-Man to Teela.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 5:21 PM

Smith is looking anorexic AF. I guess the release date is July 23, not June.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 5:22 PM

I just watched it. I understand why this is called “Masters of the Universe” and not “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.” Perhaps they should have titled this “Mistresses of the Universe?”

They totally dyked up Teela and gave her a black lesbian lover.

Adam’s orientation seems ambiguous. He almost looks like Teela’s gay best friend.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2021 4:43 AM

Isn’t THe Mark Hammill voicing Skeletor?

And Buffy herself, SMG voicing Teela?

Or is it another He-Man project?

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2021 4:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!