Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Good news everybody! He-Man has nipples now

So you can fap to him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2021 12:54 AM

I’m looking forward to this and only hope they reboot She-Ra in the same vein. (The Netflix reboot was cute and enjoyable but veered too far from the source material.)

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2021 4:22 PM

But does he tweak them while getting his hole pumped full of anon loads?

If not, gross. I still can’t fap to that.

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2021 4:23 PM

But will Skeletor still be femme?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2021 4:40 PM

He-Man made me gay as a kid in the 80s. All those hot and bothered muscle men and only three bitchy women.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2021 4:41 PM

He-Man and She-Ra made every boy born in the 80s gay. We WANTED him but WANTED TO BE her!

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2021 4:43 PM

R5 This is so fucking true! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2021 4:50 PM

I loved this when I was a very young kid. I preferred Thundercats when it came out, but I do remember having a real thing for He-man. My first crush?!? I’m actually looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2021 4:50 PM

He-Man the Himbo

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2021 5:13 PM

The whole animal thing aside... as a kid I believe I was unknowingly more attracted to Lion-o's less bulky, more natural build. His suit might have shown off his ass better as well.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2021 5:49 PM

Of all people in Hollywood, Kevin Smith is running this animated show? That's so random.

I love the Netflix She-Ra series. Sure, the animation looked flat and cheap, but the story and the characters were pretty great. And it's probably the most LGBTQ friendly animated show so far.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]Of all people in Hollywood, Kevin Smith is running this animated show? That's so random.

Remember when he was going to write and direct a Gilligan's Island movie?

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2021 9:42 PM

And a Six Million Dollar Man movie?

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2021 9:43 PM

R11 The nerds love their silent Bob street cred

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2021 9:45 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2021 9:46 PM

R9, Lion-O was pure fuck machine.

He-man is more of a model for good gay behavior - kind hearted, gentle, with a higher voice - until some bitch makes him snap.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2021 9:54 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2021 10:15 PM

I hope they're smart enough to have She-Ra show up early on. The last show was cancelled before she could show up.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2021 10:56 PM

Will Ram Man and Fisto (real character names) make an appearance??

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2021 4:30 AM

The original was definitely created by a bunch of fetish-loving gays, as evidenced from Fisto and Man-at-Arms to Ram Man and the lisping Prince Adam in his pink spandex and lilac tights, not to mention He-Man’s hairstyle which is the same as my mother’s.

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2021 8:41 AM

Ah, the 80s. Such innocent times where you could get away with naming an action figure, with a big fist, Fisto.

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2021 9:18 AM

As a kid I was obsessed with the box cover art.

Zac Snyder could turn a real life action movie franchise into something wonderfully depressing and apocalyptic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2021 9:33 AM

I really recommend watching the episode about MotU on Netflix's "The Toys That Made Us."

If I remember correctly, it was a kind of joke between the designers to see how far they could go with their silly concepts and names.

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2021 9:36 AM

[quote] As a kid I was obsessed with the box cover art.

I agree, R21. The art gave the impression of a magical, mystical, overcast world filled with creatures and demons and gorgeous god-men and resplendent women. I used to stare at it and imagine all kinds of adventures.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2021 1:26 PM

Yes that actually sounds like something Zack Snyder would be good at. And he does have good taste in men.

Columbia was making a live action He Man with the badly cast, dark haired Noah Centino in the role but he thankfully exited as of the other week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2021 1:38 PM

This is a great documentary on Netflix that traces the history of He-Man and She-Ra. Check it out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2021 1:43 PM

R18, don't forget Tongue Lashor.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2021 1:45 PM

Stratos queened out at times.

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2021 1:47 PM

This is the kind of thing where if you’re not going to bother casting a gigantic blonde Adonis, don’t bother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote] if you’re not going to bother casting a gigantic blonde Adonis, don’t bother

How about Kellan Lutz?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2021 2:14 PM

Kellan Lutz HAD luscious breasts. Not HAS.

by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2021 2:21 PM

At r21's link check one of the wind rider images, the one where it's on the ground, where He-Man shows butt cheek.

by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2021 2:50 PM

That’s not a butt crack

That’s just an ample butt in a thong, like Matt Bomer in Magic Mike

by Anonymousreply 32May 14, 2021 3:20 PM

Adam Hagenbuch could make a good He-Man

Decent enough actor (CMU grad) and pecs of death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote] That’s not a butt crack

Butt crack and butt cheeck are two different things. And to me that looks like an exposed butt cheek.

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2021 3:29 PM

Oh sorry I read that as butt crack first

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2021 3:36 PM

Butt cheek, butt crack - it’s ASS!

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2021 4:14 PM

Bad News: Smith was forced to take the subject matter seriously, so we won’t get his trademark humor.

Which means it’s just the standard commercial for kids toys it’s always been and not worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2021 4:59 PM

R37 I read that it is geared more toward adult, i.e., it’s dark and mature. We’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2021 5:01 PM

Yeah, so it will be graphic novelly.

I’d rather see camp, but Mattell would never sign off.

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2021 5:07 PM

He-Man was so much more creative and diverse than Thundercats.

He-Man came first. He-Man had more and cooler toys .He-Man is hotter.

You can keep Lion-O, you furry freaks!

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2021 5:09 PM

I think Letterkenny's Jared Keeso would be a great He-Man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2021 5:13 PM

Brock O’Hurn and Kellan Lutz are too long in the tooth now.

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2021 5:26 PM

Brock could be a sexy Beast Man.

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2021 5:29 PM

There was always so much sexual tension between He Man and Skeletor. Like they just needed to wrestle and fuck.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2021 5:31 PM

R40 While I prefer H-Man too, Thundercats is great and has peak moments that are just as enthralling.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2021 5:33 PM

R41 those pecs don’t jut enough

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2021 5:33 PM

Alexander Ludwig as He-Man? Yes, please! However, I imagine after Vikings he's all "wearing fur shorts and fur boots? Been there, done that!"

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2021 5:33 PM

I’m thinking it looks too serious.

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2021 11:24 AM

Ludwig is too fat and pale.

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2021 2:01 PM

Ludwig has a really small face for his head and it looks weird.

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2021 3:22 PM

Alexander Ludwig. Are his pecs good enough for He-Man?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2021 3:26 PM

They are kind of flat. You need more curvature like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2021 3:33 PM

OP, the original He-Man action figure had nipples, even if the Filmation cartoon character didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2021 10:54 PM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 10, 2021 4:42 PM

Trailer is great!

by Anonymousreply 55June 10, 2021 5:21 PM

Does he have foreskin?

by Anonymousreply 56June 10, 2021 5:22 PM

It definitely looks fun and interesting. The 80s song choice was cute and totally apropos.

by Anonymousreply 57June 10, 2021 5:24 PM

No. Doesn’t look good. They can’t get the transformation right, either.

by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2021 5:27 PM

What's wrong with it, R58?

by Anonymousreply 59June 10, 2021 5:30 PM

I can’t describe it, it’s just off.

by Anonymousreply 60June 10, 2021 5:32 PM

Look at those beautiful breasts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 10, 2021 5:32 PM

R60 Maybe the rapid pace of and lack of dialogue in the trailer is what feels off.

by Anonymousreply 62June 10, 2021 5:37 PM

It looks like He-Man 2002. Maybe that’s what they were going for.

by Anonymousreply 63June 10, 2021 5:42 PM

It looks like r63 is the Redundant Copycat Thread Thief, as he just stole my observation from the trailer thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 10, 2021 5:46 PM

I posted it first based on the time, R64. Sorry. You copied me, looks like. 🙃

by Anonymousreply 65June 10, 2021 5:48 PM

The song choice in the trailer is enormously cringe-worthy...but this looks good. Childhood me approves...

by Anonymousreply 66June 10, 2021 6:15 PM

Don’t you DARE diss Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out For a Hero

RIP TANDI IMAN DUPREE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 10, 2021 6:26 PM

Are Fisto and Tung Lashor in this version?

by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2021 12:10 AM

I could never figure out how Skeletor's skull head was attached to his muscleman's purple body.

by Anonymousreply 69June 11, 2021 12:11 AM

I could never understand why they released the Evil Lyn figure as if she had hepatitis C. That yellow, ugh. I wish she looked more like she did in the cartoon. I know they always look a little different but come on.

by Anonymousreply 70June 11, 2021 12:16 AM

Skeletor would be a Datalounger for sure.

by Anonymousreply 71June 11, 2021 12:32 AM

Stratos queened out at times. And Prince Adam of course was a caftan wearer.

by Anonymousreply 72June 11, 2021 12:47 AM

This He-Man looks far too serious. He-Man was light and fun and colorful and fabulous. I think that Smith guy takes himself way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 73June 11, 2021 12:52 AM

Kevin Smith is only known for taking himself highly comically. He's really funny and good at comedy.

Which is why it's a huge bummer that Mattel wouldn't let him play He-Man for camp. "Holding Out for a Hero" is as silly as you're going to get.

by Anonymousreply 74June 11, 2021 12:56 AM

He wanted to be campy with He-Man?

by Anonymousreply 75June 11, 2021 12:58 AM

Skeletor's skull is attached to his body through magic.

Basically, Hordak had to save his life by freezing his skull to his body with sorcery when his face was melting off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Read the OP's article, r75.

Mattel instructed Kevin Smith not to "wink" with the material.

by Anonymousreply 77June 11, 2021 1:00 AM

Some YouTube comments:

"Finally a He Man show about Tee La. I remember watching He Man as a kid thinking, “He Man sucks. I wish Tee La would get a butch haircut and become Eternia’s true champion, defeating toxic masculinity and white male privilege with her woman power.” Kevin Smith must have read my mind."

"Teela is gunna be she-man, the transter of eternity"

"The Revelation is that He Man is not even the star of his own show. XD"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2021 4:07 PM

Always get a kick out of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 4, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote]He Man sucks

Kevin Smith has a history of homophobia, doesn’t he? I think he does and I think his issue with He-Man has less to do with “toxic masculinity”—which Adam and He-Man were far from, and more with this muscle-bound faeg he had to watch running around in a Conan-like bikini.

by Anonymousreply 80July 4, 2021 4:16 PM

I always hated He-Man's hair. I know it's probably a reference to Prince Valiant but I could never get past the idea that it was a girl's haircut.

The new version makes it look more like a Def Leppard mullet, which actually works better.

by Anonymousreply 81July 4, 2021 4:52 PM

He-man had the same hairstyle as my mother. Which always reduced his cool factor just a bit…that and the fact he’s obviously a tanning bed addict, unlike pale, pasty Adam.

by Anonymousreply 82July 5, 2021 8:32 AM

It's a very standard, Medieval bob cut.

You must be some kind of A-hole if Prince Valiant is the only other place you've seen this hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 5, 2021 8:50 AM

Well, as I was eight years old and didn't live in Ye Olde Sherwoode Cuntinge Foreste with Ye Olde Robine Hoode and his Merrie Menne, yeah, Prince Valiant was pretty much what came to mind at the time, R83.

by Anonymousreply 84July 5, 2021 2:47 PM

Here's an amusing preview of the Kevin Smith series and why a bunch of fanboys hate it already.

SPOILER ALERT: Apparently, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION is going to involve Teela taking over the role of central hero as a lesbian with superhuman strength, as if we didn't already have She-Ra.

Boris the frau/lesbian/SJW hater would stroke his clitoris to these insults:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2021 4:00 PM

Each time I see this thread title I think it’s about Futurama coming back. How I wish. Although it ended well.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2021 5:32 PM

gay barbarian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2021 5:48 PM

What do He-Man's nipples have to do with Futurama?

by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2021 1:08 AM

At least Sarah Michelle Gellar is doing the voice of Teela.

by Anonymousreply 89July 22, 2021 1:29 AM

The title of this thread is EXACTLY what this site is all about.

by Anonymousreply 90July 22, 2021 1:48 AM

According to advance reviews, it’s basically the Teela show, with He-Man and Skeletor barely appearing.

by Anonymousreply 91July 22, 2021 8:59 AM

Well that's lame. Isn't there another He-Man cartoon coming out? Maybe that will be better.

by Anonymousreply 92July 22, 2021 12:56 PM

Yes, r92.

Mattel and Netflix are producing ANOTHER animated reboot of the TV series in a modern, 3-D animated style. As well as a live-action film that's in turnaround and looking for a new He-Man actor.

Combined with the recent 4 seasons of She-Ra, even He-Man fans will have grey skulls.

by Anonymousreply 93July 22, 2021 3:43 PM

I like SMG but don't see her as Teela. She always kind of had that soft girlish voice, which worked well for Buffy and Kendell where her strengths or scheming were supposed to be a bit at odds with her outward appearance, but not sure I am seeing it work for a straight out classic hero. I always wondered if her voice is one of the reasons she worked less as she got older, it did not work as well the further she got from playing high school / college age roles.

by Anonymousreply 94July 22, 2021 4:19 PM

You mean they didn’t make him fat in order to be body positive or androgynous in order to support non-binaries? Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 95July 22, 2021 5:09 PM

They’re already pointing out everything wrong with this show in the comments.

by Anonymousreply 96July 22, 2021 5:12 PM

Just watched the first five episodes, and it's pretty great and epic. No Kevin Smith style of meta humor. In the first episode there is a blink-and- you-miss it hint, during the He-Man transformation, that He-Man is completely naked. LOL.

I think it's quite an interesting take on the Masters of The Universe after He-Man and Skeletor are gone. Love that the style is closer to the original vintage toyline (like the vehicles) with a few exceptions (like Evil Lyn not having yellow skin).

SPOILER!!!

But of course, at the end of episode five Adam and Skeletor are back with Skeletor finally wielding He-Man's sword.

by Anonymousreply 97July 24, 2021 2:03 PM

I preferred Kevin Smith when he was a chub. Now he looks sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2021 2:23 PM

I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed the first one in particular. Made me feel like I was five years old again. By episode two I’m just wondering why they basically dispensed with all the men and made it a girls only kind of adventure—Teela, random black girl, Evil Lyn, Sorceress. Maybe they were wanting to provoke a reaction? May watch more.

by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2021 2:29 PM

The early leaks were correct — this show is about Teela. He-Man is eliminated early and it becomes Teela's story and character development.

It's a mixed bag for me. I liked that Smith tried to introduce more adult themes into the franchise for the first time ever. Mattel has never allowed the characters of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE to actually kill each other, to my knowledge. So to see heroes killing and characters dying was brave and more realistic. Smith also introduced religion for the first time to MOTU -- with its adjoining questions and fanaticism.

r97 is wrong — there are moments of Kevin Smith's signature humor, including "meta." One example is when Moss Man is killed and Skeletor sniffs his remains for fun, saying "it smells like pine!" Which is a reference to the '80s toy and the audience's experience. But it's not as madcap, freewheeling or irreverent as a typical Kevin Smith movie, that much is true..

There was also a lot of fan service — bringing back classic moments, toys and characters and exploring MOTU legends that never got explored by Filmation, such as King Grayskull and the proto-He-Man Mattel toys like Vikor and He-Ro.

My problem with the show is firstly that it's boring. There's too much sentimentality and emotional therapy rather than action. Nobody would be as angry as Teela and hold a grudge about being deceived by Adam and friends, who really did her no harm. It wouldn't be cause for Teela to disown her father, friends, job and kingdom or hate anyone. There was essentially NO struggle when the heroes went to Subternia and Preternia to retrieve the halves of the Power Sword — all they had to do was process their feelings and sacrifice Roboto, which made the show about grieving again.

When small amounts of action actually do occur, Smith used a bunch of tired devices from other franchises. Roboto using his mechanical heart to trap power is Tony Stark or Mortal Kombat Kano. Eternia running out of magic is a lot like Fantasia running out of existence in the NEVERENDING STORY. Teela having to descend to Subternia to face Scare-Glow and her greatest fear is essentially Luke Skywalker having to descend under the Dagobah tree to face Darth Vader and his greatest fear. Discovering the secret door to Preternia by lighting up magic runes on a cliffside was from LORD OF THE RINGS. So was Orko the Wizard sacrificing himself to Scare=Glow to allow his friends to escape the evil cave — which Gandalf the Wizard did for his Fellowship when they were outrunning the Balrog at Khazad-Dum. The orrery at the Preternia illusion palace is just Aughra's orrery from her observatory in THE DARK CRYSTAL. Scare-Glow thriving on fear is Freddy Krueger. Smith was even plagiarizing lines from STAR WARS (Evil overlord: "You've done well, So-and-So ..." "So much anger!" "Take your rightful place at my side!"). Maybe Smith thinks he's being cute and paying tribute to the stolen lines, but "I have a bad feeling about this."

So Smith is just relying on plot devices from '80s shows familiar to him instead of coming up with his own.

I guess I'd watch Season 2 if it gets one, but I think REVELATION is too boring and emotionally sappy.

by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2021 8:13 PM

Kevin Smith is attacking the He-Man fans now that his show has received severely low user ratings!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 24, 2021 11:17 PM

The problem is that Kevin Smith stated he wasn't a He-Man fan before he took this job.

Secondly, he lied about REVELATION being Teela's show when it was leaked on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 102July 24, 2021 11:18 PM

How many grown ups on this thread will get upset about a kid's show?

by Anonymousreply 103July 25, 2021 2:52 AM

Does Evil Lyn have Hep C in this one too?

by Anonymousreply 104July 25, 2021 3:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 25, 2021 3:31 AM

Never watched the original but was compelled to watch after reading this thread.

So Teela is now an angry butch lesbian? There were undertones that she is an a relationship with the black character. Why does every butch lesbian have to have that weird half-shaved head haircut?

It doesn't make you edgy just a stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2021 7:12 AM

Well if they've made Teela gay, they should also make He-Man gay. Perhaps he should develop an attraction to the hot daddy Man-at-arms and flip-fuck?

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2021 7:36 AM

I don't think that they will make any relationships explicit in this series.

Nobody cared about She-Ra--it was a dead IP more or less--so they could do what they wanted with it.

In contrast, 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' has always been the flagship of the whole franchise with a sizable fan base of nostalgic man babies who buy overprized collector's toys. Mattel wouldn't allow Netflix to go all-out 'queer' like with She-Ra; this would anger the mostly straight male fans too much. At the same time, I think it's commonly acknowledged that He-Man has always been a bit silly and a bit gay (with wimpy, pink-wearing Adam basically being a sissy stereotype), so they'll probably continue to have some gay easter eggs here and there (like the lesbo Teela or the gay champions in Preternia).

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2021 7:50 AM

They should've made Tung Lashor and Fisto a gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 109July 28, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote]they should also make He-Man gay.

Wait - he wasn't in the original series? What is next - you are going to tell my Lion-O was straight.

by Anonymousreply 110July 28, 2021 1:24 PM

[quote] They should've made Tung Lashor and Fisto a gay couple.

I think Roboto and Faker could explore their human emotions and desires together. Starcrossed lovers and ... robots!

by Anonymousreply 111July 28, 2021 1:26 PM

Teela's stereotypical haircut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 28, 2021 4:32 PM

Teela was horrendous in this. She was a bratty narcissist, horribly flat voicing by Sarah Michelle Geller, and drawn looking like a MTF. Apart from that, and the rate at which they killed off the male characters, I pretty much enjoyed this.

by Anonymousreply 113July 29, 2021 8:47 AM

This is a snoozefest.

by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2021 12:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!